Kaiser Permanente Sacramento

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Vacaville
1 Quality Drive
Vacaville,, CA 95688
707-624-3215
1600 Eureka Road
Roseville, CA 95661
1650 Response Road
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente Sacramento to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 16Neutral: 8Don't recommend: 68.3
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love Kaiser in Sacramento and I am continuing my treatment with them, but with a different Dr. They are fantastic. They are organized and really care about their patients. I think the only piece of advice I can give is that you have to be your own health advocate. I am the one that has to call and schedule my own appointments and ask for ultrasounds/blood work. They do not call you. Also you have to leave a message because they don’t answer their phones, but their response time is pretty fast. Overall it’s a wonderful clinic and I trust them, which is really important.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I think Dr. Vu was very upfront and honest. He was very blunt with me. Some people like that, some don’t. I appreciate blunt facts, however I do like some sort of warmth. He didn’t offer a lot of warmth. I can tell he is very knowledgeable and really knows his stuff, but his bedside manner turned me off from him. I stopped going to him after two cycles because I didn’t like the way he delivered things and I didn’t feel like I could ask him questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: RN Anjali Sharma)
I absolutely love the nurses and staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I wasn’t a big fan of Dr. Vu, but the nurses are amazing. I couldn’t recommend them high enough.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu is very direct and blunt. I like getting all the facts, but I don’t like them delivered in a cold way. I would say he was a little cold. I also feel like because I am only 26, he really didn’t listen to my concerns or questions because, “I have lots of time and have a good response to fertility medicine”. It made me feel like he wasn’t listening to me and kind of just brushing me off. It was upsetting because although I am young, I have still been trying to have a baby for two years and it’s really hard and an emotional time. I felt like I just didn’t connect with him personally. It is important for me to feel “connected” to my Dr. because we see them so often, and they are such a huge part of our life during TTC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
If you want straight forward answers and no sugar coating from a Dr. who is very knowledge go to Dr. Vu.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Vu used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I did two cycles with Dr. Vu. The first cycle I did 2mg of Femara and five days of Menopur with a trigger shot of Ovidrel. I had one smallish/normal egg and I did ovulate but I got a big cyst on my other ovary. So I had to wait out a cycle and when I came back I wanted to up my dosage because it seemed like I just didn’t respond well. He did not agree because I am so young he said he wanted to take a conservative approach and that one egg was all I needed. I did one more cycle with the same protocol and same results minus the cyst. I ovulated both times (confirmed by ultrasound) but neither time resulted in pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Everything was out of pocket. Our insurance does not cover infertility so all costs are out of pocket unfortunately.
Describe Kenneth Vu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I have not done that yet.
Sacramento
They [Kaiser] were understanding of my work schedule and was able to work out the schedule of appointments perfectly.... Clean and friendly staff were there for me. Just one or two nurses were less caring than the others which may be to be expected out of the whole staff. They were the ones that went over the paperwork and how to do the injections I would have liked a little more attention on that day to feel very confident in doing the injections.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They were understanding of my work schedule and was able to work out the schedule of appointments perfectly. I took about 2 Weeks off during the injections and after the procedure. I did a lot of driving from the Peninsula to Sacramento for the treatment and they were very understanding of my commute. Clean and friendly staff were there for me. Just one or two nurses were less caring than the others which may be to be expected out of the whole staff. They were the ones that went over the paperwork and how to do the injections I would have liked a little more attention on that day to feel very confident in doing the injections. But I was given loads of information and resources to help me as well. The day of the procedure I was nervous but the main person to put me at ease was Dr. Cookingham. She is great and the main reason for me choosing her clinic to go with for this procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr Cookingham is very personable. Some staff members hurry you at appointments because of the amount of people seen at the clinic.
Most nursing staff were very friendly and caring. Especially front desk blood retrieval waiting staff and office nurses. They were friendly and attentative. I like to ask lots of questions for clarity on especially my injection schedule and I have never done an injection before. There were one or two nurses that made me feel they could not relate to me having to do this for the first time. Down playing it and saying it’s easy is good but should meet my concerns with care.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She has great bedside manor. Puts you at ease. She knows about the process and can answer any questions. Make you feel like she cares and knows you and your particular issues well. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Don’t feel afraid to ask a lot of questions and let them know your concerns.
Describe the protocols Lisa Cookingham used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Hormone injections. Blood tests. Appointments every few days for a few weeks. Need a few days after procedure to recover.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
8,000 plus 5,000 for medications.
PCOS, Unexplained
I love the nurses there [Kaiser-Sacramento]. Some of them I get to chat to while I wait and others I only get to see for a second while they set up the room or while the Dr does the procedure/exam.... My Husband had a false positive result come back and we were told it was run through a second time and came back negative. We signed the paperwork that stated results were negative, provided by the staff, and continued treatment. It wasn't until our 4th iui that the Dr doing the iui mentioned we had a positive result and she didn't feel comfortable doing the iui with the paperwork provided. My husband was upset because we were told he was fine to continue treatment and there was nothing to worry about by previous staff and the Doctor didn't seem happy because there was a huge oversight.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I have really enjoyed the experience I have had here over my last clinic, however, I feel like they should all be on the same page. At first I was told I only had 6 iui cycles, then that I had unlimited, and again that I had only 6. Some Doctors were adamant about me doing 4-6 cycles with the same medication before going the more aggressive route. I decided to take a break over the holidays when our 4th iui failed in November. Thank God I did because had I not, I would have already used the last two cycles. Dr. Sohn helped me come up with a game plan my last visit that gives me hope for my next two cycles and that even my next may be successful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Sohn took the time to meet with me and evaluate me, give me more information than I was provided by any other Dr's at that clinic. He was compassionate but matter of fact and his deliverance of the bad news I received was very good. I didn't feel like a failure or like giving up. He gave me options and spoke to me like he understood where I was coming from and what I was going through.
I love the nurses there. Some of them I get to chat to while I wait and others I only get to see for a second while they set up the room or while the Dr does the procedure/exam.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I have been having issues with my cycles and wanted answers. Dr. Sohn took the time to meet with me and do a sonogram after speaking with me about my treatment plan and future course of treatment in his office. My sonogram did not present the best news and only confirmed what I've always known but never had confirmed. Him taking the time to not only confirm my fears but give me options as to what we will do for my next iui's made me feel much more at ease. I did find out that I only have 2 more chances before I have to move on to IVF but he gave me options there as well. I have been told by other doctors in the clinic I had to do 4-6 iui's with the same medication and then could move on to a more aggressive route, that I could do unlimited iui's. To realize I wasted 4 on one treatment plan broke my heart but It wasn't his fault as I have seen a different doctor almost every time I go there. Seeing him, the Director and getting definitive answers plus options made the day not as heartbreaking as I would have thought. He was kind and compassionate and I cant wait to go back to see him again for my next iui.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Don't be scared. I was so scared to go in there and get bad news, but I left feeling hopeful.
Describe the protocols Sae Sohn used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I decided to take a break after doing 4 iui's to lose weight and see if that would help. During my break my cycles were super wonky. I went in to meet with him because I knew once I was ready to do my iui's again, I didn't want anything standing in my way. He confirmed some fears I had which was I am not ovulating and my left ovary is not producing follicles. He gave me options of trying birth control to regulate my cycles or fertility medication to make me ovulate which would then result in me having a cycle. Since we have been on a 4 month "mental health" (we all know this journey is a roller coaster) break, we decided not to take anything. I do have the option of changing my mind though. He was very helpful in helping me understand the next steps in my journey and what I can do to help prepare for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My Copay is $30
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
The nurse case managers [Kaiser Sacramento] were wonderful! They answer phone calls and emails within a few hours or by the next morning. They really take the time to explain everything and have tissues ready when needed for those emotional appointments.... The scheduling process has a long wait list sometimes for transfer or egg retrieval. It’s essentially first to pay gets a spot. So the waiting was frustrating at times. Other than that, no complaints or comments.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Vu sees a lot of patients always bouncing from one to the next. I was warned that he is very scientific about the process, “ very doctor like” and gives it to you straight, which I appreciate but others have found insensitive. All I care about is if he can get us our end result, a child. The Nurse case managers are wonderful though and really take the time to be personal and answer all of my questions. They also are able to directly get a response from Dr. Vu if I need one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: There was a team of Nurse Case Managers. Kathy and Laurel were the two I worked with the most.)
The nurse case managers were wonderful! They answer phone calls and emails within a few hours or by the next morning. They really take the time to explain everything and have tissues ready when needed for those emotional appointments. At my egg retrieval I was slightly anxious and ended up having an allergic reaction to a form of penicillin and my RN was so amazing and compassionate when I had to leave my husband and go to the procedure room. She held my hand until I was out under. I can not speak more highly of the nurses!!
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu was the one that really was able to explain my husband’s infertility issues with us. We had a private consultation with Dr. Vu and he considered all of our tests and labs and let us know that IVF with ICSI were our best chance. He told us IUI would be a low success rate and he wouldn’t bother. I appreciated his honest opinion and after my husband and I doing our homework we agreed. Dr. Vu describes my husband’s low motility with a great analogy “you trying to get pregnant naturally is like a team of soccer players with no legs”. Honestly this analogy resonated with us and it all kind of clicked for us. My husband and I are both sports people so it was perfect for us. The only thing that I would say was frustrating was during my ultrasound appointments leading up to egg retrieval, he would come into the room and wiz through my appointment and then scoot out to the next patient. He is extremely busy and I know this, but a tiny bit more time would be calming and appreciated. At my egg retrieval he was obviously more present and explained everything to my husband and I. Have not had a transfer yet, but will schedule for later this year.
Ask all your questions!! We all have a ton going through this process, speak up he is friendly and will let you know the answer. It might be straightforward but he has the answers to most.
We were a make factor infertility case and I was already showing a high follicle count prior to beginning meds. He wanted to make sure that I progressed appropriately but also took into consideration that I was high risk for OHSS. He kept my meds at the minimum needed and adjusted accordingly. He ended up having us do a freeze all to try and avoid OHSS and give us the best chance for success. He wanted my body to have a natural menstrual cycle and get rid of all the medications prior to transfer the embryo.
We did IVF with ICSI totaling about $12,000. Our meds were an additional $3800 after a rebate we received from the drug company based on our income. We then later found out we needed to do frozen transfer which is an additional $1690. I have been told that if our first frozen cycle does not result in a live birth, Kaiser will cover a second frozen transfer for us.
Dr. Vu made it clear he likes, one healthy baby and one healthy mama. I originally went in with the idea that I wanted to transfer 2, he stressed his recommendation that because I am younger and very healthy he would only transfer one at a time to avoid complications during pregnancy. I am also pre-diabetic so he especially urged one embryo transfer.
Sacramento
A strength [at Kaiser Permanente] would be the amazing medical team and their expertise. A weakness would be their hours of operation and not seeing the same doctor every visit. Make sure you follow the instructions for bringing semen from home or else you will have to reschedule and it may cause you to have to skip that month...The nurses were very kind and compassionate. They made us feel comfortable and encouraged.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
A strength would be the amazing medical team and their expertise. A weakness would be their hours of operation and not seeing the same doctor every visit. Make sure you follow the instructions for bringing semen from home or else you will have to reschedule and it may cause you to have to skip that month.
Mr Vu was pleasant and kind. He was even able to make light of the difficult situation we were in.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu was to the point yet kind. He made the situation easier to handle. Of all of the IUIs I received his was the only one that wasn’t painful. I have a tilted uterus, so it is hard for the doctors to get a smooth catheter insertion. I let Dr. Vu know that previous doctors had trouble and he said ‘what kind of trouble?’ While inserting and then I told him and he said, ‘well, we didn’t have that kind of triuble, because I’m already done and you didn’t even know it was in’!
Ask all the questions you want because he is very patient and easy to talk to.
Dr Vu found a sizeable cyst on my ovary the first month so he recommended we do not do clomid. The second month the cyst had shrunk to a safe size and we proceeded with the clomid. We paired this with an IUI because my husband has male factor infertility as well. Test showed he has very high viscosity. My diagnosis is occasional short periods. Dr. Vu had me on the smallest dose of clomid to make sure My ovaries weren’t being stimulated much, just that the clomid would ensure my period was long enough that an egg could attach if the IUI resulted in a fertilized egg. We did the IUI the day after I got a positive ovulation test. At the time I was only testing for ovulation in the morning, and the Iui was done the following morning. I think the 24 hour wait was too long. The time that I had an IUI and clomid resulting in a healthy pregnancy I tested for ovulation in the evening and got a positive and the IUI was the following morning. There was a longer opportunity for fertilization.
Total we did 3 months of IUIs and 2 months I’d clomid and the cost after insurance was less than $1500.
2014 - 2017
The nurses aren't very consistent with their communication and one bad apple can ruin the bunch! Sometimes with Kaiser, you have to be your own advocate...After my first egg retrieval, the clinic failed to send me the embryo report. Another frustrating thing with this clinic has been when they schedule lunch time appointments and there is no receptionist at the desk, so you have to knock on the door and there is generally no one that answers... so you have to sit in the waiting room and hope someone comes out to find you. I've also found that their appointments are generally running late and I often have to wait ~15 for my appointment to start.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Strengths: If you're a Kaiser member, using Kaiser is very convenient. Weakness: The nurses aren't very consistent with their communication and one bad apple can ruin the bunch! Sometimes with Kaiser, you have to be your own advocate...
Dr. Sohn has great bedside manners. He is kind and understanding of this difficult situation.
Unfortunately I have not had great experiences with the nursing staff here. Communication issues and one nurse has not been very compassionate throughout this process. She comes across extremely fake and demeaning in how she interacts with me. I have had conversations with other patients who have had the same experiences with this one in particular nurse. The other nurses have been great, but unfortunately it only takes one bad apple to ruin the entire experience.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Sohn is very kind. My only complaint is that he seems very conservative with treatment and does not like to take risks (i.e. questioned me several times to ensure I wanted to implant two embryos instead of one). Al though we haven't gotten the results we want, I would recommend Dr. Sohn to my friends. He is very responsive by email as well.
If you're going in for IVF, be prepared for a roller coaster!
For both egg retrievals, I was put on the Microdose Lupron protocol (with Gonal-F & Menopur). He said this was the most aggressive protocol he prescribes for his patients. My first IVF, I had 12 eggs retrieved. 8 fertilized, and only 4 made it to day-5 embryo's.
IVF Egg Retrieval: $13,440.00 Medication (Mandells Pharmacy) - $4354.00
Describe Sae Sohn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Sohn strongly prefers implanting only one embryo at a time.
2013 - 2017
Communicative and willing to make adjustments. ..Everyone else, inclusive of doctors, nurses, reception, all of the staff [at Kaiser] was fantastic...They were all extremely attentive to all of our needs in office, and answered all of our question during the process via telephone....Some doctors did not listen when we stated certain tests were needed.... the largest costs we have are purchasing sperm for 1,200 for 6 cycles
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Communicative and willing to make adjustments. I will say Dr. Vu was the absolute worst fertility doctor we have ever seen. After just a couple attempts he looked me and my wife in the eyes and told us to give up. The biggest jerk. He didn't understand why we're upset and had no compassion. Everyone else, inclusive of doctors, nurses, reception, all of the staff, was fantastic, EXCEPT Dr. Vu.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He paid attention to detail, was straight to the point and didn't sugar coat, but took the time to present everything in an understanding manner. He made us feel like we were just another patient, that he sincerely wants us to be able to have a child.
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He was calm mannered and understanding. Took the time to asses out needs. Very thorough, and calm. Out of every other fertility doctor at the clinic, was the only one willing to do what I needed to help us try to start a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Be prepared to jump into this head first, he'll make sure things are done right but it won't be easy.
Describe the protocols Curt Klooster used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
We used clomid up to the higher dose, no response for the first 2 cycles. The highest clomid with injectables for the 3th cycle. 4th cycle used Menipur, IUI, miscarried. 5th cycle did 2 vials, 3 vials, and 4 vials consecutively for the 5th cycle. Failed IUI. 6th cycle we did the same as above. 7th cycle, started 4 consecutive vials of Menipur, highest amount of injectables available. Failed IUI. 8th cycle they put my wife on Prednisone for 3 cycles to suppress adrenal hormones while continuing on a high dose of menipure. This is when we started seeing progress. 3 failed IUIs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I have full coverage insurance, paying not too much. Maybe 2,000 after insurance kicked in and the largest costs we have are purchasing sperm for 1,200 for 6 cycles. Totaling around 10,000.
Describe Curt Klooster's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Never did any embryo transfers.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The only negative about the Sacramento Fertility Center is that there isn't always someone at reception to answer questions. Other than that I thought they were fabulous. Another part I wish was a little different is that there isn't much follow through after you have success. I with the fertility clinic was a little more involved after you become pregnant as it is a very scary time...My actual IVF procedure was performed by another Dr. and she was wonderful, I wish I remembered her name but I truly want to thank both her and Dr. Vu for our success!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Vu has a great sense of humor and really put me and my spouse at ease. The infertility process is so painful and he truly made it more bearable.
I do not remember any of the Nursing Team's names but they were always very professional and compassionate. One day my blood pressure was off the chart and the Nurse knew her presence was causing it. She walked out of the room and had me take the test without a nurse presence. I thought that was really great on the job thinking. My actual IVF procedure was performed by another Dr. and she was wonderful, I wish I remembered her name but I truly want to thank both her and Dr. Vu for our success!
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I really appreciated Dr. Vu's directness. He didn't sugar coat things and was very honest about what he felt my chances were with each procedure. As I mentioned earlier we loved his sense of humor and ability to lighten the mood. He also took time to explain procedures to my Mother when she came to one of my appointments.
I would not recommend Dr. Vu to someone who was very sensitive or didn't have a good sense of humor. He is very direct and doesn't sugar coat things.
Dr. Vu was very direct with me from the beginning, he felt IVF was my very best choice for success. He did however walk me through the steps of the most inexpensive procedures to the most expensive so we started with clomid only with the first pregnancy, and moved to clomid with IUI for the second. My next course of action would have been IVF if I didn't get pregnant. I appreciated his honesty about my chances with each procedure.
The clomid and initial procedures were about $900 with my insurance. By the time I had the IUI I was on my Husbands insurance and it was only about $1,000
2013
The clinic [Kaiser - Sacramento] was wonderful throughout the whole process. I felt like everyone worked together as a team and wanted to do everything they could to get me the baby I needed. From the receptionist to the embryologist, everyone approached this in a very organized, optimistic manner.... billing worked with us to keep costs down as much as possible.... I had one main nurse and then two others that I also communicated with.
2013
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic was wonderful throughout the whole process. I felt like everyone worked together as a team and wanted to do everything they could to get me the baby I needed. From the receptionist to the embryologist, everyone approached this in a very organized, optimistic manner. I would use them if I ever went through this process again.
Dr. Vu always made time to see or talk to me if I had any questions. I never felt like my questions were seen as dumb or unimportant to him. He made sure that we knew exactly what steps we were going to take next, what the possible outcomes were and what we could do following those outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Meier, Lori Hansen and Christy Hanson)
I had one main nurse and then two others that I also communicated with. The nurses I had main contact with were Lori, Laurel and Christie. These ladies were what sold me on using Kaiser Sacramento when I was doing consultations. They were so friendly and hopeful and kind. In a situation where you are stressed and worried all the time, having a smiling face great you every appointment helps so much. I still bring my daughter to visit them sometimes.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu made the entire experience easy and less stressful. I never felt like he was hiding anything from us. He was very straight forward about our options and the risk factors. I'm trying to think of any shortcomings to include in my review, and I honestly cannot think of any.
Always ask any questions you have even if you feel like they are stupid questions. I promise, he will never make you feel like they are dumb questions. He will validate everything you say and make sure that you fully understand everything that is happening.
We did IVF with ICSI. We started with birth control and then stims. I was overdeveloping eggs and so Dr. Vu altered the amount of meds I was taking and that helped a lot. I was able to get 18 eggs and of those, 5 made it to blastocyst stage. I had 2 eggs implanted and one took. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
The cost was high but we knew that going in. We did not have insurance that covered this but billing worked with us to keep costs down as much as possible.
Dr. Vu wanted me to do the eSET and I understand why he would have wanted that. After doing a lot of research we talked to him and told him we would like to do 2 embryos. Dr. Vu was okay with that and we ended up implanting two.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Kaiser is very easy to work with and I have had an overall very great experience working with them. Scheduling can be somewhat tricky because they don't answer their phones, but if you leave a message they return your call within one business day.... I LOVE the staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I see Nurse Anjali Sharma most often for routine visits. I love her. She cares about her patients. I have never met a medical professional I like more actually.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Cookingham knew my name from the second I walked into her treatment room. She also remembered me when we went to her IVF consultation and seminar, when I had not seen her for months. She is very warm and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: RN Anjali Sharma )
Like I stated in my previous review of Dr. Vu, I LOVE the staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I see Nurse Anjali Sharma most often for routine visits. I love her. She cares about her patients. I have never met a medical professional I like more actually.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham is wonderful. I first went to Dr. Vu and we just did not "click" how i wanted. I then saw Dr. Cookingham and I actually like her so much that my husband and I have decided to do IVF through Kaiser in Sacramento/Vacaville because I really want to work with her.
She has a long wait list for IVF, so sign up sooner rather than later, and you can always cancel your appointment if something happens or you change your mind.
Dr. Cookingham upped my dose from 2mg of Femera to 7.5mg of Femara and also adjusted my Menopur dosage. While under her care I produced two follicles instead of one. I have not gotten pregnant yet, but we are on the wait list to start IVF treatment with her.
Nothing was covered under insurance other then diagnostic testing.
Describe Lisa Cookingham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Cookingham prefers single embryo transfer and Kaiser does not want to do multiple embryo transfers unless you are in your mid thirties or older. They offer a program where if you meet the criteria (under 40, and has more than three quality eggs) then if you chose to implant one egg on your first fresh transfer, then if it fails they will give you two free frozen egg IVF cycles.
Sacramento
Well kaiser has their NP’s do their iui’s so I only saw her for these. The other nurse is Bonnie Brown. She explained some things to me like how to use injectables.... They are very rigid in their protocol. Dismissed my questions about other hormonal testing like progesterone. I had to beg to have emdometrin for my last iui. I had to wait one time to get a prescription for almost an hour.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I could always get an appointment. Their rigid protocols make you feel like a number. They’re not as compassionate as I would’ve liked. The medical assistant has been pregnant twice since I started going there and it’s like a slap in the face and she wasn’t nice.
I felt like I was annoying them with all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Martyn)
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was nice but I had a lot of questions that I felt were brushed off. The protocol in kaiser is very rigid and it makes adaptability for different patients difficult. I felt like just a number. It’s a very difficult time and there wasn’t much compassion felt.
Be prepared to have to ask questions that might not be answered.
I have rheumatoid arthritis that is in medicated remission. I knew that I was going to have trouble getting pregnant because nothing with my body is easy at all. She recommended doing ovulation predictor kits first for 3 months then clomid and then iui with clomid then letrozole then menopur. I was getting a lot of eggs but no preganacy not even once.
I had two insurances while seeing the clinic in Vacaville kaiser. I paid for copay for iui and ultrasounds. My medication were discounted but ended up being 2000.
She prefers only one embryo transfer. Because twins have a low mortality rate and complications.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] is friendly and caring and will answer any questions you have...We paid about $10,300 for IVF, icsi was about $1600. Meds were about $5500...They sometimes run behind, but they are very nice and friendly. They are very busy. They have this all down to a science and they run like a well oiled machine. You do have to call and leave a message with your nurse, and they will call you back. It is hard to get a live person, but that’s because they’re so busy. They are extremely good about calling you back quickly
European, East Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I felt like dr Vu really listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. We built a great repertoire with Dr. Vu.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
The nursing staff is friendly and caring and will answer any questions you have.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is an extremely knowledgeable and honest doctor. He will be straight forward and direct and not sugarcoat things. I like that about him. He’s very funny and has a great sense of humor. The longer you work with him the more comfortable the relationship gets. He is extremely professional and works quickly, but will take the time to address questions and concerns at anytime if you have them. He will answer them so you can understand and use analogies to further explain his answer.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or connect with him and ask him how his weekend was or something like that. He is an extremely nice man. He works for a corporation that works him hard and he has to be quick because of that. But it doesn’t negate that he is extremely smart and knows what he is talking about.
We paid about $10,300 for IVF, icsi was about $1600. Meds were about $5500
He let me decide but gave his opinion on what we should do.
Sacramento
Dr. Cookingham was great, however, working with Kaiser was stressful and discouraging...I was contacted by a nurse and was given attitude when I said I wanted to discuss the outcome with my doctor. And the only available phone or in-person appointment was one month later...The nurses through Kaiser Reproductive Endocrinology were great, however those through the IVF team were rude and terse. This made my experience extremely stressful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Kaiser Sacramento has strengths in their statistics, however you are treated like a number by many of the staff. I did not have success through many attempts and while it was very personal to me, it was just another day to the nurses. I also had to go between two clinics that were quite a way away from my home and job in order to receive treatment. This included driving about an hour each way, just to get a blood test, when there is a Kaiser clinic about 3 miles from my home.
Dr. Cookingham was great, however, working with Kaiser was stressful and discouraging. For example, after my final transfer was unsuccessful I was contacted by a nurse and was given attitude when I said I wanted to discuss the outcome with my doctor. And the only available phone or in-person appointment was one month later. Also, I was not consulted on appointment times, which became very inconvenient and stressful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Marten)
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham is wonderful. She is extremely knowledgable while also being positive and upbeat. She is informative and has a kind bedside manner. Unfortunately, she's part of a system that is not supportive of the patient and their life and needs.
Sacramento
We are happy with Kaiser... something a new patient would want to know about kaiser is that you can not move forward until you pay. Once you pay you can then get on a waiting calendar depending on how many people sign up ahead of you , you may have to wait a month to get on a cycle... they have certain protocols that are outlined very specifically and there is not much you can do about them....
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
We used Kaiser, they are a corporate entity. Professional, they have certain protocols that are outlined very specifically and there is not much you can do about them. We are happy with Kaiser... something a new patient would want to know about kaiser is that you can not move forward until you pay. Once you pay you can then get on a waiting calendar depending on how many people sign up ahead of you , you may have to wait a month to get on a cycle
He was very nice, straight to the point, and at all times i felt like i was with a professional who was being honest with us
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I thought Dr Vu was extremely professional at all times, he is straight forward and we both appreciated those qualities. Secondly, he was very compassionate and offered realistic aspects of hope for our situation.
Understand that Dr Vu is not going to sugar coat the facts, he wants you to have a clear understanding of your chances to the best of his knowledge. Once you realize that aspect, everything else falls into place.
Off the top of my head I do not, it was a long process. But I can say that I checked, and double checked everything we went through (with secondary resources) and at every point Dr Vu was explaining was right on point. Anytime we had a question, he was very thorough in the details of his responses
Kaiser costs 15k
To know knowledge he did not, it was more adapt as you go kinda of approach. The more information he had (the further into the process) dictated which way the process would go.
Sacramento
I love this clinic [Kaiser - Sacramento]! There was a little miscommunication during an iui with another Dr which almost got my you canceled but it ended up working out. The nurses are amazing and so are the Drs. Everyone is so compassionate and helpful. If I have questions, I can call or email and they set my mind at ease.... The nursing staff has always been very sweet to me and accommodating.... Fertility clinics are a sad/hopeful place to be and they make me feel hope, love those ladies.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love this clinic! There was a little miscommunication during an iui with another Dr which almost got my you canceled but it ended up working out. The nurses are amazing and so are the Drs. Everyone is so compassionate and helpful. If I have questions, I can call or email and they set my mind at ease.
He took the time to joke with me and make me laugh during treatment. He could tell I was very nervous and him taking the time to have amazing beside manner made the process so much easier. There was no pain with the iui he completed for me which is a HUGE plus!
The nursing staff has always been very sweet to me and accommodating. Although I have not gotten the results I wanted (baby), they make it more comfortable and not a nightmare place to be. Fertility clinics are a sad/hopeful place to be and they make me feel hope, love those ladies.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Kenneth was amazing. I'm always very nervous for my iuis and he took to time to joke with me and make me laugh. As we all know, some doctors have horrible bedside manners and he was amazing. Such a breath of fresh air.
Don't be nervous, you're in good hands.
I did a cycle of femara and an iui with my husband's sample. It did not result in a pregnancy, although I was hopeful, that was expected.
I have been very fortunate to have my iuis covered minus a $30 copay, but ivf is completely uncovered.
Sacramento
The overall testing of Kaiser as a whole I wouldn’t rate highly. There are a few tests that I feel should’ve been done. At the time of being a patient there I didn’t know much about fertility so I didn’t know what to be tested for. Going into it now I have learned a lot and know that I am going to need to be more demanding of my care and testing...The nurse and staff were very good. They were very nice and caring. They would always treat me like a person and not just a patient. Always asking how I was with everything going on.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
She was always willing to talk to me about things going on. Also she was very open about next steps and what I wanted to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was very nice and explained what was going to happen and what was next. She also supported my decisions on what I wanted to do. She would change my meds when needed to try and up my chances of the treatments that I was doing and monitored my progress well.
Stick up for yourself and always question things if you don’t understand any part of something.
I used femara with all my iui’s. I also used menopur with all. The last couple iui’s I doubled my dose to 2 vials. And always used a trigger shot 36 hours before my scheduled iui’s. I always had at least one decent sized follicle but never had one fertilize.
Pricing seemed average. My insurance paid for 50% if testing, meds and procedures (everything except ivf). Ultrasound was around $115 and iui was around $150 after insurance.
Sacramento
Large clinic [Kaiser] so it is easy to get lost as a patient and become a number... On the plus side, when you begin going regularly to the same doctor they will get to know you and their nurses. It is very organized and timely...[Nursing staff] Competent and caring. Fun and friendly. They really take care and concern in your treatment and understanding the process. Very patient and kind...I never paid more than $10 for an ultrasound or $10 for medication until we got to injections then the Menopur was $30.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Large clinic so it is easy to get lost as a patient and become a number. Be sure to remind tryout current RE of what you have completed verses what you want to do next. On the plus side, when you begin going regularly to the same doctor they will get to know you and their nurses. It is very organized and timely. The copay for us was very reasonable.
She always takes great care in your comfort and understanding of the procedures and processes. Lisa does not rush your treatment or questions. Every patient is as important as the next.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. C is compassionate and caring. Every visit I felt like she was as hopeful and eager to help us start our family as we were. I always appreciated her willingness to try new things while also believing that my body could naturally handle some things as well. She was patient and kind. A very genuine provider. Always loved working with her.
If you want to try something new be sure to ask.
We tried letrazole. Two tablets daily cycle day 3-7. Formed 1-2 mature follicles then naturally ovulated with IUI next day from positive OPK.
I never paid more than $10 for an ultrasound or $10 for medication until we got to injections then the Menopur was $30. Very reasonable with our level of coverage
Na
Sacramento
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
As stated before you do not get responses very quickly. You have to leave a message and a nurse will call you back within 24 hours. They [Kaiser] have an emergency contact number but that usually is a call center that will take a message. Before leaving your appointment make sure you are clear on all action items. Nurses do not seem to communicate with each other.... You do not get one specific nurse to work with. At any given day the nurse schedule changes. They are not very responsive. When working with KP nurses they only respond 24-48 hours of leaving a voicemail or an email.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
As stated before you do not get responses very quickly. You have to leave a message and a nurse will call you back within 24 hours. They have an emergency contact number but that usually is a call center that will take a message. Before leaving your appointment make sure you are clear on all action items. Nurses do not seem to communicate with each other.
Responsive to email.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was very responsive to email, of course with Kaiser they have 24-48 hours to respond. She is honest about her approach and her experience. Bed side manners are great. She's kind and patient. Never did I feel rushed when speaking with her.
Be open about your expectations. Ask about the latest trends.
Agonist full IVF cycle. Menapur, Gonal-F, estrogen pills.
I believe I spent about $15,000 minus PGS testing. $4000 for meds.
Will only transfer 1 PGS embryo at a time. Non tested she will transfer 2.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
They [the nurses at Kaiser Permanent Sacramento] have been excellent in communicating, returning calls and emails and knowing all of the information...8000 for IVF cycle...1650 ICSI...3000 PGS biopsies...I love everything about Kaiser...Dr Cookingham made me feel very comfortable, confident, and competent regarding my process. She always took her time with me and ensured our questions were answered. She was always present and very approachable. She knows what she is doing and that made me feel at ease.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love everything about Kaiser. The one opportunity would be the time in takes to complete an IVF cycle, but this may be the norm. It’s my first one and I have only done it at Kaiser so I can’t attest to how long it normally takes.
She attended every appointment, performed every ultrasound, and remembered details we shared at prior appointments. She is direct but also optimistic which makes a great combo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
They have been excellent in communicating, returning calls and emails and knowing all of the information
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Follow instructions and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Only retrieval so far Gonal-F (225) AM x 9 days Menopur PM (3x75) x 2 days (2x75) x 7 days Ganirelix AM x Days 6-9 18 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 blast
8000 for IVF cycle (I have one per lifetime insurance coverage so I paid 1000) 1650 ICSI 3000 PGS biopsies
Single embryo transfer due to risks with multiple (this was based partially on my age). I was told sometimes in patients of “advanced maternal age” they would transfer multiples
Sacramento
Great team [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento], great response from doctors when I have questions, extremely organized and they always follow up with me. I always get a fast response when i emailed with any concerns. Extremely professionals...[nursing staff] NurseThey all awesome!!! Made sure I understand the entire process and show empathy at all times ... She [Dr. Cookingham] was always understanding and caring and explained everything clearly.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Great team, great response from doctors when I have questions, extremely organized and they always follow up with me. I always get a fast response when i emailed with any concerns. Extremely professionals
She was very understanding treated us like family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Nurse martyn)
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was always understanding and caring and explained everything clearly. She was extremely caring when I miscarry October of 2017. Communicated and made sure I had all the test and my DNC was done and comfort me when I lost my baby.she also encourage me to try again once I had recovered from my loss.
To trust her 100%
My fiance was advised to visit his urologist and prescribed Clomid to help with his sperm count, he was also recommended to use some supplements to help with the motility, when his count went up I was prescribed fermara and then IUI, we did 3 rounds and got pregnant lost baby at approx 9-12 wks , we waited 2 months and did another round and fail, now doing 5th round with a mix of femera and trigger shot will be doing IUI in 4 days...
My copay only $5 per visit and medications are $5 for each medication. IUI was also covered just not IVF it's an out of pocket service
Sacramento
Everyone in the office [Kaiser Sacramento] was amazing.... Dr. Cookingham works out of 2 offices, Sacramento and Vacaville.... Dr. Cookingham used all of the protocols set up by Kaiser. She explained why Kaiser used them and why she agreed. She is patient and an excellent communicater and I never left her office confused.... Dr Cookingham is very kind and thorough. She always took her time, even if it meant she would be late for her next meeting. She went above and beyond with my care and took the extra steps to assure me and make me feel confident and comfortable.
South Asian, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I had a great experience! The only thing that was difficult was that Dr. Cookingham works out of 2 offices, Sacramento and Vacaville. I live in Sacramento so sometimes it was difficult traveling to Vacaville but totally worth it to be under Dr. Cookingham's care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I don't remember her name)
Everyone in the office was amazing. I had a great experience.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham is the best dr I have seen for any reason. I have already highly recommended her to my friends. She is the absolute best and I was lucky to be her patient! She is kind and welcoming and she put me at ease after having a hard time before I was under her care.
Don't see anyone else! Just go see Dr. Cookingham!
I don't remember.
Dr. Cookingham prefers single embryo transfers but is not opposed to transferring 2 embryos if that is what the patient wants. She will not transfer more than 2 per Kaiser policy.
11 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Small clinic [Kaiser - Roseville] that you did have to wait a bit to see the doctors. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not an up to date waiting room but the equipment in the back looked up to date. Bring a book when you come and wait because wifi is spotty and they have a vcr to show old movie part of the time.... I also had a diabetic nurse available (I was diagnosised as prediabetic and had to get that under control). I could call and email at any time to get questions answered.
11 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Small clinic that you did have to wait a bit to see the doctors. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not an up to date waiting room but the equipment in the back looked up to date. Bring a book when you come and wait because wifi is spotty and they have a vcr to show old movie part of the time.
He told the facts but was not as personable as another doctor in that office that only did the IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Very friendly and helpful. I also had a diabetic nurse available (I was diagnosised as prediabetic and had to get that under control). I could call and email at any time to get questions answered.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Very professional and fact base. He knows his information. Unfortunately the group has no inhouse donors and it would cost a lot to go through tests again (even after you pick one from another company and they are tested there)
Know exactly what you want
I went through IVF using injectables and donor sperm. I was sent a picture of the fertilized eggs (when I showed them to another fertility doctor at a different clinic, they were surprised they used them)
You pay for the medicine on your own, usually through Walgreens. You pay the IVF fees before the procedure. Around $12000
IVF, Surrogacy
The coordinator [at Kaiser Permanente] was very helpful. She was really responsive and a great advocate. She didn't make me feel like my questions were stupid and when I had an excessive amount of bleeding after my first ultrasound after the transfer, she was kind and compassionate...They forgot to tell that I needed to give a blood sample during my appointments after the transfer and I had to come back after leaving. They were very nice otherwise.
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The coordinator was very helpful. She was really responsive and a great advocate. She didn't make me feel like my questions were stupid and when I had an excessive amount of bleeding after my first ultrasound after the transfer, she was kind and compassionate.
I felt like I was a human during treatment until the last appointment before they let me loose to my own doctor.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I felt comfortable with him. Dr. Vu was funny and knew how to lighten the mood while dealing with a very sensitive situation. My only complaint is that I felt like the appointments were rushed.
Be up front and don't hold back on asking questions about the process.
I was the surrogate for my sister in law and brother in law. I was on birth control pills to synch up with my sister in law's cycle, estrogen pills, baby asparin and progesterone shots.
I don't know. I was the surrogate and the intended parents took care of the billing.
The only thing I remember about it is that he didn't want to transfer more than two embryos.
2005 - 2011
Friendly but matter of fact. I have huge fear of doctors and needles - somehow once we got through my initial consultation he never made me nervous. Had a specific plan for my situation which removed a lot of stress. Explained the process very well. I found it VERY helpful that he [Dr. Sae Sohn] set out expectations including a timeline - as in we will try x for 3 months and if it does not work move on to x for three months then re-evalutate and move to x for 3 months. I named times for insemination and he met me at my convenience at his office (Greenbrae at the time)
2005 - 2011
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Did not use Kaiser Sacramento - used Dr Sohn in Greenbrae California (my daughter is now 11)
Explained the process very well. I found it VERY helpful that he set out expectations including a timeline - as in we will try x for 3 months and if it does not work move on to x for three months then re-evalutate and move to x for 3 months. I named times for insemination and he met me at my convenience at his office (Greenbrae at the time)
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Single mother by choice so technically had no had infertility issues before (as far as I knew.) Did three months of insemination just on my own. When that did not work planned three months with Clomid and then three months with injectables. After 4th attempt I was stressed out and had a reaction to Clomid so took a month off to relax and let my body adjust. Was successful the following month.
Sacramento
It was about 1k for a IUI cycle with letrozole [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]...They aren’t very thorough with IUIs, they don’t do an official count and there isn’t much monitoring through the IUI cycles. You can request to have more monitoring otherwise they will do one at the beginning only if you are taking a follicle stimulating drug...I absolutely loved my nurse! She is always kind and compassionate and takes the time out to discuss every single step and risks. She actually performs the IUIs and does her best to help you through each step of preparation.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Phone consultation based off low beta numbers was quick and too the point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Vandora Winters)
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He was able to reach me when everyone else was out of the clinic. He gave me the information I needed and explained the potential for an ectopic pregnancy and the risks involved. I was much better informed after the talk.
Ask any questions you have.
It was about 1k for a IUI cycle with letrozole.
Roseville
The doctor and the nursing staff made the experience great. Kaiser [Sacramento] wouldn't of been my first pick if it wasn't for the compassionate team of nurses. Kaiser typically treats their patients like a number but dr Sohn and the nurses were different and I wanted to keep coming back.... $9,500 for IVF, $1,500 for ICSI, roughly $4,000 for medication
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The doctor and the nursing staff made the experience great. Kaiser wouldn't of been my first pick if it wasn't for the compassionate team of nurses. Kaiser typically treats their patients like a number but dr Sohn and the nurses were different and I wanted to keep coming back.
Dr. Sohn was very patient and caring.
Nice, friendly, patient.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is very concervative in his practice. Very reasonable and presented my husband and I with a lot of information that help us understand the process we were going through. I saw Dr Sohn during all of my visits and he was very compassionate when things didn't work out as planned. He explained the process, the odds and what the medication does.
Ask questions.
Birth control, Lupron, Menapure, progesterone, estradial.
$9,500 for IVF, $1,500 for ICSI, roughly $4,000 for medication
Dr. Sohn always recommended transferring one embryo at a time but since the quality of our embryos were low, he was open to transferring two.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I feel Kaiser is a little more restricted in their guidelines on treatment and steps...The [nursing] team in the fertility office was very kind...Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications...cost varied, it was not covered by my health plan...Dr. Klooster is very informative in explaining for pros and the cons of each procedure and treatment. He is very encouraging.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Klooster is very caring and informative.
The team in the fertility office was very kind
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Klooster is very informative in explaining for pros and the cons of each procedure and treatment. He is very encouraging. He understand the cost and emotional struggle treatment can have and provides you with all the information to make your decisions
He is very straight forward.
Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications, then tried three rounds of clomid, one round with a mix of clomid and menopur and then the last round was all menopur. Each round was unsuccessful.
cost varied, it was not covered by my health plan.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
They are organized but since Kaiser [Sacramento] is limited on the number of clinics they are busy.... They [nursing staff] are wonderful, compassionate, and communicate especially Sharma!... Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They are organized but since Kaiser is limited on the number of clinics they are busy. I had to float between Sacramento and Roseville to receive all my treatments at necessary cycle times.
He is very sensitive and willing to take time with me.
They are wonderful, compassionate, and communicate especially Sharma!
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. klooster is a good doctor and shares good information. He has done my myomectomy and hysteroscopy as well. I wish I saw him more for my iuis but he doesn't handle that and leaves it to his nurse practitioner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He will answer all your questions.
Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy. Quality could be an issue. We are now moving to Ivf.
2011
Dr Goud was the first person who really listened to me and my struggles to get pregnant. He finally figured out why I wasn't getting pregnant and gave me options for treatment. Unfortunately, I never achieved a pregnancy under his care but that was our choice not to continue with treatment. He was very kind and compassionate.... Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin.
2011
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic was good and operated similarly to Kaiser's model for health care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr Goud was very kind and took time to explain things to me so I could make informed decisions regarding my care.
The nursing staff were kind but after all these years not very memorable.
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Make sure you understand all your options and make a plan according to what your best changes are of achieving pregnancy with the budget you have for treatment.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin. I did two cycles of cloned and IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I can't recall
Pravin Goud
Vacaville
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic [Kaiser Sacramento] takes on too many patients. Appointments are always running behind.... Most of the nursing staff is very sweet. For my second cycle I feel like I was forgot a little bit. My waivers got a little messed up. There is a nurse there that always had to call me with my negative results. I felt as if she truly did not understand her patients. She was too happy about my negative test and it really bugged me.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic takes on too many patients. Appointments are always running behind.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. cookingham is very sweet. I trust her with everything. She takes the time to explain procedures, makes you feel comfortable and actually truly cares about you. Dr. Cookingham replies quickly back to emails and phone calls.
To trust her