1600 Eureka Road
1 Quality Drive
Vacaville, CA 95688
707-624-3215

2020, Consult
I was having surgery to remove stage IV endometriosis...[Dr. Gilbert] also wanted to schedule a cavity examination to see if there was anything that could potentially be a barrier for implantation...if there was anything that needed to be removed, it could be done all at once so I didn’t have to go under anesthesia twice and surgery twice...assured me she was very good at what she does and made me feel at ease with the potential plan.
treated with the utmost respect and dignity throughout this process. The clinic [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] made my husband feel very included and always asked if he had any questions...made it a point to accommodate his schedule when scheduling my egg retrieval...gave us privacy when we needed to discuss some options pertaining to our embryos...[Dr. Gilbert] Seems like a great doctor to be on my side...
How was your experience with Sara Babcock Gilbert at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Gilbert’s strength is that she is a great listener and makes sure your concerns are heard and understood. I have only met with her once because my primary fertility doc left her practice. She transferred care to Dr. Gilbert who plans on doing my FET. The experience that I had with her so far is great. She was pregnant when I had my consultation, my plan was to do a transfer 2 months after my 3rd endometriosis surgery. She was open with me that she would be on maternity leave but explained her colleague could do the transfer but she would be in charge of my protocol. She assured me she was very good at what she does and made me feel at ease with the potential plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Babcock Gilbert at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
To ask as many questions and/or concerns you have because she will listen and take what you say into account.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Babcock Gilbert at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Gilbert was very friendly and had great bedside manner. She explained what her plan was moving forward with a transfer and showed me my embryo grades. She asked me if I had any questions or concerns and could contact her anytime. Seems like a great doctor to be on my side.
Describe the protocols Sara Babcock Gilbert used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I only consulted with Dr. Gilbert, but she explained to me what her protocol plan was for me. Since I was having surgery to remove stage IV endometriosis, she said i needed to be on birth control for those few weeks of healing before my protocol started so that we could keep the estrogen down. She also wanted to schedule a cavity examination to see if there was anything that could potentially be a barrier for implantation. She actually wanted to do this before my surgery so that if there was anything that needed to be removed, it could be done all at once so I didn’t have to go under anesthesia twice and surgery twice. She seems like she truly cares about her patients. I found her suggestion helpful and logical.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Monica Coltharp)
We have worked with Monica from the beginning and she is amazing. My husband is a police officer and she made it a point to accommodate his schedule when scheduling my egg retrieval. She thanked him for his service and was very nice. Monica made a point to be clear on all paper work and gave us privacy when we needed to discuss some options pertaining to our embryos Incase of death. Monica was amazing.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I don’t have any weaknesses with the clinic so far. I have had an amazing experience with this clinic and all staff. I have truly felt like my husband and I have been treated with the utmost respect and dignity throughout this process. The clinic made my husband feel very included and always asked if he had any questions. I absolutely have nothing bad to say about this clinic so far.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Babcock Gilbert at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
$4300 was the estimate they gave me for the transfer and meds. She was open with me that depending on the medication costs, could be more or less.
Describe Sara Babcock Gilbert's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
In the clinic I attend, they only do eSET’s unless your over a certain age. Since I am only 33, she told me she would only do 1 embryo at a time.
Sara Babcock Gilbert

2017 - 2019, Successful
. I always felt my opinion matered. I had forgotten to take a medication and had to have her pages at 9pm one night and she was more than happy to help me. When I wasn’t progressing on my stims like we were hoping she changed my dosage to better suite how my body was reacting. ... She always connected with me asked me how I was doing. I felt like I had a voice in my treatment and my protocol was made just for me.
Love the clinic [Kaiser Permanente] the staff is very nice. I hate the case managers phone line. I feel it is extremely difficult to get ahold of them. The office itself always answers there phone and helps as best as they can. ... The phone line is extremely hard to get a nurse the first time you call. They have you leave a voice mail and they will return your call.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She explained everything perfectly every visit. Her clinic was an hour away from me so instead of making me drive an hour for a follow up she contacted be by phone and would follow up with any lab results. I always felt my opinion matered. I had forgotten to take a medication and had to have her pages at 9pm one night and she was more than happy to help me. When I wasn’t progressing on my stims like we were hoping she changed my dosage to better suite how my body was reacting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
You will love her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I always felt like a human. She always connected with me asked me how I was doing. I felt like I had a voice in my treatment and my protocol was made just for me. I felt she had my best interest. Unfortunately my son passed away after he was born and the first person to call me and offer their condolences was Dr.Cookingham. She was there for me when I was struggling the most and trying to make decisions on how to move forward with my goal to bring home a baby.
Describe the protocols Lisa Cookingham used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
We primed with birth control. I stimed for 12 days. Took Gonal F 375ui AM for 3 days then 225ui for the remaining 9. Centrotide AM days 5-12 . Menopure 3 powder vials PM day 4-12. I started Estrace AM & PM days 5-12. After egg retrieval we started PM pio infections until 10.5weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Laurel )
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Love the clinic the staff is very nice. I hate the case managers phone line. I feel it is extremely difficult to get ahold of them. The office itself always answers there phone and helps as best as they can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The cost for my fresh transfer with icsi plus medications was $19,000
Sacramento

Dr. Cookingham was compassionate and warm. She genuinely cares for her patients and our feelings. I always felt like she had my best interest at heart, and she went out of her way to be supportive throughout the process and treatment...I saw no weaknesses in this very special doctor. When I saw Dr. Cookingham, I felt like I was chatting with one of my girlfriends. She always was personable and never displayed the doctor ego. She always took her time and protected my best interest. She went out of her way to check on me when I lost my mother while going through fertility treatment, and she called me when I had a miscarriage to offer condolences. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor!
I spent about $17,000 for my IVF and medications [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]. My IUI's were about $900 each and the medication for each IUI was about $1,000...The fertility clinic was excellent at being responsive and ensuring I knew the next steps. They also guided me to find discounts for my medications since my treatment was completely out of pocket. When I had to bring my daughter to the appts, everyone. would. acknowledge her and showed her kindness...so kind and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I actually missed everyone when I was no longer seeing them.
Trust her!
I was on menopur and another injectable to stimulate my ovaries, and progesterone for 10 weeks once pregnant, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. She was very adamant about the recommendation to just transfer one. embryo. She was. very polite about it, but she was very concerned about transferring more than one.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Everyone in the fertility department was. so kind and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I actually missed everyone when I was no longer seeing them.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I spent about $17,000 for my IVF and medications. My IUI's were about $900 each and the medication for each IUI was about $1,000
Sacramento
Dr. Cookingham is an excellent and knowledgeable physician. She supported her answers to my questions by referencing studies and research which gave me confidence. Several times throughout the process she would let us know what she thought our chance of success was. I felt that her care was customized to me and she would adjust plans throughout the process based on how I was responding. At the time of my egg retrieval, she decide it was best cancel the fresh embryo transfer and convert it to a freeze all cycle in order to improve our success rate.
I never had a long wait time for appointments or labs [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]. At the Vacaville center, IVF patients get priority at the lab and don't have to wait in line. In the Sacramento clinic, they draw your labs in the office so there was never a long wait. Everything was very smooth...I always had to leave a voicemail but they [nurses] typically get back to you within an hour or two.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Go see her! She is the best. She is knowledgeable, talented, caring, and honest, in all the right amounts.
Dr. Cookingham is the most genuinely kind and warm hearted provider I have ever encountered. She took her time explaining everything she was doing, what she was looking for, what she was seeing, and what was going to happen next. She explained her thought process every step of the way so I always felt informed and confident in the care she was providing. It was the first time in this process I felt like I could relax because I knew she was watching out for me and had my best interest at heart. I whole heartedly trust her and her opinion.
I always had to leave a voicemail but they typically get back to you within an hour or two.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I felt confident in seeking IVF care through Kaiser because their physicians see a lot of patients for IVF and therefore become very skilled in the procedure. I never had a long wait time for appointments or labs. At the Vacaville center, IVF patients get priority at the lab and don't have to wait in line. In the Sacramento clinic, they draw your labs in the office so there was never a long wait. Everything was very smooth.
$11,300 IVF, $5,000 Meds, $3,000 Frozen embryo transfer
Sacramento

I felt like dr Vu really listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. We built a great repertoire with Dr. Vu...He’s very funny and has a great sense of humor. The longer you work with him the more comfortable the relationship gets. He is extremely professional and works quickly, but will take the time to address questions and concerns at anytime if you have them. He will answer them so you can understand and use analogies to further explain his answer.
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] is friendly and caring and will answer any questions you have...We paid about $10,300 for IVF, icsi was about $1600. Meds were about $5500...They sometimes run behind, but they are very nice and friendly. They are very busy. They have this all down to a science and they run like a well oiled machine. You do have to call and leave a message with your nurse, and they will call you back. It is hard to get a live person, but that’s because they’re so busy. They are extremely good about calling you back quickly
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is an extremely knowledgeable and honest doctor. He will be straight forward and direct and not sugarcoat things. I like that about him. He’s very funny and has a great sense of humor. The longer you work with him the more comfortable the relationship gets. He is extremely professional and works quickly, but will take the time to address questions and concerns at anytime if you have them. He will answer them so you can understand and use analogies to further explain his answer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or connect with him and ask him how his weekend was or something like that. He is an extremely nice man. He works for a corporation that works him hard and he has to be quick because of that. But it doesn’t negate that he is extremely smart and knows what he is talking about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
The nursing staff is friendly and caring and will answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
We paid about $10,300 for IVF, icsi was about $1600. Meds were about $5500
Describe Kenneth Vu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
He let me decide but gave his opinion on what we should do.
Sacramento

I love the nurses there [Kaiser-Sacramento]. Some of them I get to chat to while I wait and others I only get to see for a second while they set up the room or while the Dr does the procedure/exam.... My Husband had a false positive result come back and we were told it was run through a second time and came back negative. We signed the paperwork that stated results were negative, provided by the staff, and continued treatment. It wasn't until our 4th iui that the Dr doing the iui mentioned we had a positive result and she didn't feel comfortable doing the iui with the paperwork provided. My husband was upset because we were told he was fine to continue treatment and there was nothing to worry about by previous staff and the Doctor didn't seem happy because there was a huge oversight.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I have been having issues with my cycles and wanted answers. Dr. Sohn took the time to meet with me and do a sonogram after speaking with me about my treatment plan and future course of treatment in his office. My sonogram did not present the best news and only confirmed what I've always known but never had confirmed. Him taking the time to not only confirm my fears but give me options as to what we will do for my next iui's made me feel much more at ease. I did find out that I only have 2 more chances before I have to move on to IVF but he gave me options there as well. I have been told by other doctors in the clinic I had to do 4-6 iui's with the same medication and then could move on to a more aggressive route, that I could do unlimited iui's. To realize I wasted 4 on one treatment plan broke my heart but It wasn't his fault as I have seen a different doctor almost every time I go there. Seeing him, the Director and getting definitive answers plus options made the day not as heartbreaking as I would have thought. He was kind and compassionate and I cant wait to go back to see him again for my next iui.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Don't be scared. I was so scared to go in there and get bad news, but I left feeling hopeful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Sohn took the time to meet with me and evaluate me, give me more information than I was provided by any other Dr's at that clinic. He was compassionate but matter of fact and his deliverance of the bad news I received was very good. I didn't feel like a failure or like giving up. He gave me options and spoke to me like he understood where I was coming from and what I was going through.
Describe the protocols Sae Sohn used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I decided to take a break after doing 4 iui's to lose weight and see if that would help. During my break my cycles were super wonky. I went in to meet with him because I knew once I was ready to do my iui's again, I didn't want anything standing in my way. He confirmed some fears I had which was I am not ovulating and my left ovary is not producing follicles. He gave me options of trying birth control to regulate my cycles or fertility medication to make me ovulate which would then result in me having a cycle. Since we have been on a 4 month "mental health" (we all know this journey is a roller coaster) break, we decided not to take anything. I do have the option of changing my mind though. He was very helpful in helping me understand the next steps in my journey and what I can do to help prepare for them.
I love the nurses there. Some of them I get to chat to while I wait and others I only get to see for a second while they set up the room or while the Dr does the procedure/exam.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I have really enjoyed the experience I have had here over my last clinic, however, I feel like they should all be on the same page. At first I was told I only had 6 iui cycles, then that I had unlimited, and again that I had only 6. Some Doctors were adamant about me doing 4-6 cycles with the same medication before going the more aggressive route. I decided to take a break over the holidays when our 4th iui failed in November. Thank God I did because had I not, I would have already used the last two cycles. Dr. Sohn helped me come up with a game plan my last visit that gives me hope for my next two cycles and that even my next may be successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My Copay is $30
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My Husband had a false positive result come back and we were told it was run through a second time and came back negative. We signed the paperwork that stated results were negative, provided by the staff, and continued treatment. It wasn't until our 4th iui that the Dr doing the iui mentioned we had a positive result and she didn't feel comfortable doing the iui with the paperwork provided. My husband was upset because we were told he was fine to continue treatment and there was nothing to worry about by previous staff and the Doctor didn't seem happy because there was a huge oversight. The Doctor came back after a good 30 minutes and said she would do it but that we just had to sign a document saying our results were positive but we still wanted to continue treatment. That was a nightmare day on top of almost not even being able to make the appointment due to my husbands work schedule. I'm thankful the Doctor didn't cancel but because of other's mistakes, I was sitting on that table naked from the waist down wondering if my treatment was even going to happen.
Sacramento

Dr Cookingham is very personable... She has great bedside manor. Puts you at ease. She knows about the process and can answer any questions. Make you feel like she cares and knows you and your particular issues well.... The day of the procedure I was nervous but the main person to put me at ease was Dr. Cookingham. She is great and the main reason for me choosing her clinic to go with for this procedure.
They [Kaiser] were understanding of my work schedule and was able to work out the schedule of appointments perfectly.... Clean and friendly staff were there for me. Just one or two nurses were less caring than the others which may be to be expected out of the whole staff. They were the ones that went over the paperwork and how to do the injections I would have liked a little more attention on that day to feel very confident in doing the injections.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She has great bedside manor. Puts you at ease. She knows about the process and can answer any questions. Make you feel like she cares and knows you and your particular issues well. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Don’t feel afraid to ask a lot of questions and let them know your concerns.
Dr Cookingham is very personable. Some staff members hurry you at appointments because of the amount of people seen at the clinic.
Hormone injections. Blood tests. Appointments every few days for a few weeks. Need a few days after procedure to recover.
Most nursing staff were very friendly and caring. Especially front desk blood retrieval waiting staff and office nurses. They were friendly and attentative. I like to ask lots of questions for clarity on especially my injection schedule and I have never done an injection before. There were one or two nurses that made me feel they could not relate to me having to do this for the first time. Down playing it and saying it’s easy is good but should meet my concerns with care.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They were understanding of my work schedule and was able to work out the schedule of appointments perfectly. I took about 2 Weeks off during the injections and after the procedure. I did a lot of driving from the Peninsula to Sacramento for the treatment and they were very understanding of my commute. Clean and friendly staff were there for me. Just one or two nurses were less caring than the others which may be to be expected out of the whole staff. They were the ones that went over the paperwork and how to do the injections I would have liked a little more attention on that day to feel very confident in doing the injections. But I was given loads of information and resources to help me as well. The day of the procedure I was nervous but the main person to put me at ease was Dr. Cookingham. She is great and the main reason for me choosing her clinic to go with for this procedure.
8,000 plus 5,000 for medications.
Sacramento

Dr. Cookingham has a lot of strengths. ... She is also does IVF for cancer patients and has a lot of knowledge in oncology. ... She has been practicing for some time and has a lot of knowledge about Endometriosis and PCOS and the best treatment plans. I have stage IV Endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count so she advised us to do ICSI right from the beginning. ... I was very scared and apprehensive about the whole thing but she truly was an angel.
My costs were laid out on the consultation [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]. She [doctor] also suggested a program which gives a discount on IVF medications. ... We saved over $5,000 on medications which made it very affordable. She also was up front with the extra costs of ICSI from the very beginning. ... The nursing staff is amazing. They all communicate well and are very accommodating. My husband is a police officer and the nursing staff wanted to make sure our egg retrieval time coincided with his work schedule.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham has a lot of strengths. She has been practicing for some time and has a lot of knowledge about Endometriosis and PCOS and the best treatment plans. I have stage IV Endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count so she advised us to do ICSI right from the beginning. We did not know my husband had low sperm count until she tested him. She went over all the blood results for both of us in the following appointment after our blood draws. She was very kind. One of the kindest doctors I have ever had. She made the IVF experience wonderful. I was very scared and apprehensive about the whole thing but she truly was an angel. She also informed me that my diagnosis of PCOS was irrelevant. She saw absolutely no signs of PCOS. I was so relieved and happy to hear that. She is also does IVF for cancer patients and has a lot of knowledge in oncology.
Trust her suggestions. She is very knowledgeable and good at what she does.
Dr. Cookingham was an amazing doctor. She throughly explained each procedure and step. She also made accomodated our egg retrieval time with an unexpected work issue my husband had. She was also very up front with the treatment options since we had issues on both sides. I appreciated her honesty yet she delivered with such kindness.
My protocol was very basic and straight forward. It did not change throughout the weeks leading up to egg retrieval other than decreasing the Lupron. I did 10 iu of Lupron then decreased it when I went off birth control to 5. I did 300 ui of Gonal F daily and menopur 1 mg shots daily. I then did the trigger after about 10 days. Very basic and staifht forward since my body was responding like it should have been. She used a basic protocol to avoid OHSS and since I did not have PCOS, this is what she suggested.
The nursing staff is amazing. They all communicate well and are very accommodating. My husband is a police officer and the nursing staff wanted to make sure our egg retrieval time coincided with his work schedule. They were very nice and I actually missed them when we were done with IVF.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I feel this clinic doesn’t really have many weaknesses other than the clinic was farther than I thought I would have to drive. To receive Dr. Cookingham’s expertise, it was well worth the traffic and distance to see her. The only downside is she is at two different clinics throughout the week. So some weeks I had to go to Vallejo and towards the end, I had to go to Sacramento. Other than that, it was a great clinic.
My costs were laid out on the consultation. She also suggested a program which gives a discount on IVF medications. This was a Godsend. We saved over $5,000 on medications which made it very affordable. She also was up front with the extra costs of ICSI from the very beginning.
Describe Lisa Cookingham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I am not sure what her thoughts are since we have not done a transfer yet or talked about it with her yet.
Sacramento

Dr. Sohn eased me into what IVF was. He took his time and was through, he made me feel he truely cared. He also used humor to help quell your nerves, always making me feel like he was trustworthy and giving it me straight. I never felt it was just about money to him. ... He was supportive, informative, and definitely gave me all my options. When I had to switch Doctors he sent me to Dr. Lovely another Dr. He trusted well. I always felt he had my interests at heart and was truely sad to see us not conceive with oral meds.
All strength and no weakness. This clinic [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] is on the ball through and through. They are attentive, caring, return your calls promptly, scheduling services are flexible, and you are never short on information or risks. They put you 1st! ... I felt very supportive under the care of his nursing team and nurse practitioner. It was a truely warm experience during such a dark time in my life.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I did 5 rounds of clomid and 1 of femara. He was supportive, informative, and definitely gave me all my options. When I had to switch Doctors he sent me to Dr. Lovely another Dr. He trusted well. I always felt he had my interests at heart and was truely sad to see us not conceive with oral meds.
He makes you feel so at ease, which definitely helps you swallow this bitter pill of infertility treatments
I had low dose clomid my first 2 months then he increased it to 100mg. For the remaining 3 until we used femara as a last ditch effort before IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Sharma)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
All strength and no weakness. This clinic is on the ball through and through. They are attentive, caring, return your calls promptly, scheduling services are flexible, and you are never short on information or risks. They put you 1st!
My monitoring, testing, and meds came out 4,232.00. I did not accrue any further fees as Dr. Sohn referred me to another clinic.
Describe Sae Sohn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
He had an incentive program to use just one at a time. If you chose this, you had a forgiveness clause that allowed you 2 additional transfers. If you chose multiple (2) you did not get the incentive program

How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu is very direct and blunt. I like getting all the facts, but I don’t like them delivered in a cold way. I would say he was a little cold. I also feel like because I am only 26, he really didn’t listen to my concerns or questions because, “I have lots of time and have a good response to fertility medicine”. It made me feel like he wasn’t listening to me and kind of just brushing me off. It was upsetting because although I am young, I have still been trying to have a baby for two years and it’s really hard and an emotional time. I felt like I just didn’t connect with him personally. It is important for me to feel “connected” to my Dr. because we see them so often, and they are such a huge part of our life during TTC.
If you want straight forward answers and no sugar coating from a Dr. who is very knowledge go to Dr. Vu.
I think Dr. Vu was very upfront and honest. He was very blunt with me. Some people like that, some don’t. I appreciate blunt facts, however I do like some sort of warmth. He didn’t offer a lot of warmth. I can tell he is very knowledgeable and really knows his stuff, but his bedside manner turned me off from him. I stopped going to him after two cycles because I didn’t like the way he delivered things and I didn’t feel like I could ask him questions.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Vu used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I did two cycles with Dr. Vu. The first cycle I did 2mg of Femara and five days of Menopur with a trigger shot of Ovidrel. I had one smallish/normal egg and I did ovulate but I got a big cyst on my other ovary. So I had to wait out a cycle and when I came back I wanted to up my dosage because it seemed like I just didn’t respond well. He did not agree because I am so young he said he wanted to take a conservative approach and that one egg was all I needed. I did one more cycle with the same protocol and same results minus the cyst. I ovulated both times (confirmed by ultrasound) but neither time resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: RN Anjali Sharma)
I absolutely love the nurses and staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I wasn’t a big fan of Dr. Vu, but the nurses are amazing. I couldn’t recommend them high enough.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love Kaiser in Sacramento and I am continuing my treatment with them, but with a different Dr. They are fantastic. They are organized and really care about their patients. I think the only piece of advice I can give is that you have to be your own health advocate. I am the one that has to call and schedule my own appointments and ask for ultrasounds/blood work. They do not call you. Also you have to leave a message because they don’t answer their phones, but their response time is pretty fast. Overall it’s a wonderful clinic and I trust them, which is really important.
Everything was out of pocket. Our insurance does not cover infertility so all costs are out of pocket unfortunately.
I have not done that yet.
Sacramento

Dr. Cookingham knew my name from the second I walked into her treatment room. She also remembered me when we went to her IVF consultation and seminar, when I had not seen her for months. She is very warm and caring.... Dr. Cookingham upped my dose from 2mg of Femera to 7.5mg of Femara and also adjusted my Menopur dosage. While under her care I produced two follicles instead of one. I have not gotten pregnant yet, but we are on the wait list to start IVF treatment with her.
Kaiser is very easy to work with and I have had an overall very great experience working with them. Scheduling can be somewhat tricky because they don't answer their phones, but if you leave a message they return your call within one business day.... I LOVE the staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I see Nurse Anjali Sharma most often for routine visits. I love her. She cares about her patients. I have never met a medical professional I like more actually.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham is wonderful. I first went to Dr. Vu and we just did not "click" how i wanted. I then saw Dr. Cookingham and I actually like her so much that my husband and I have decided to do IVF through Kaiser in Sacramento/Vacaville because I really want to work with her.
She has a long wait list for IVF, so sign up sooner rather than later, and you can always cancel your appointment if something happens or you change your mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: RN Anjali Sharma )
Like I stated in my previous review of Dr. Vu, I LOVE the staff at Kaiser in Sacramento. I see Nurse Anjali Sharma most often for routine visits. I love her. She cares about her patients. I have never met a medical professional I like more actually.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Nothing was covered under insurance other then diagnostic testing.
Dr. Cookingham prefers single embryo transfer and Kaiser does not want to do multiple embryo transfers unless you are in your mid thirties or older. They offer a program where if you meet the criteria (under 40, and has more than three quality eggs) then if you chose to implant one egg on your first fresh transfer, then if it fails they will give you two free frozen egg IVF cycles.
Sacramento

Dr. Klooster was the first doctor to really listen to my problems when I was much younger before I even had a serious boyfriend or even considered having children of my own. He discovered I had two uteruses which had also been a factor in my endometriosis diagnosis at well. He then became our infertility doctor many years later and helped with two IUI's.... Dr. Klooster treated me as if I was his own daughter. He gave all options and was as open and straightforward as possible. He gave examples from his experience from what he's seen and learned. He gave his personal opinions when asked.
Kaiser handles a lot electronically which is a good thing and a bad thing depending on what you need. Unless you can reach the exact department it's hard to get immediate attention/response. They do a good job of trying to work with your schedule however some things only happen at certain times of the day which may require you to work around their schedule more often than not.... $20- $35 office visits $0 lab tests $3 - $7 medications $72.50 ultrasounds $100 IUI $17.50 sperm washing
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Klooster treated me as if I was his own daughter. He gave all options and was as open and straightforward as possible. He gave examples from his experience from what he's seen and learned. He gave his personal opinions when asked. I truly felt he cares about us as family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Always ask clarifying questions because sometimes he knows so much he thinks you know it all too and throws out lingo that might be doctor-speak instead of what a patient might better understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Describe the protocols Curt Klooster used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
I did two IUI. The first time I did clomid and the second time I took Letrozole. I took each for the prescribed amount of time and then started the IUI's on the 17th day and the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Very kind and understanding. Very positive and nuturing.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe Curt Klooster's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
For my specific case, Dr. Klooster was very pro single embryo transfer to avoid having multiples given my surgery removing one uterus. I got the impression that he thinks it's better overall for everyone though.
Curt Klooster
Roseville
I thought Dr Vu was extremely professional at all times, he is straight forward and we both appreciated those qualities. Secondly, he was very compassionate and offered realistic aspects of hope for our situation.... Understand that Dr Vu is not going to sugar coat the facts, he wants you to have a clear understanding of your chances to the best of his knowledge. Once you realize that aspect, everything else falls into place.
We are happy with Kaiser... something a new patient would want to know about kaiser is that you can not move forward until you pay. Once you pay you can then get on a waiting calendar depending on how many people sign up ahead of you , you may have to wait a month to get on a cycle... they have certain protocols that are outlined very specifically and there is not much you can do about them....
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He was very nice, straight to the point, and at all times i felt like i was with a professional who was being honest with us
Off the top of my head I do not, it was a long process. But I can say that I checked, and double checked everything we went through (with secondary resources) and at every point Dr Vu was explaining was right on point. Anytime we had a question, he was very thorough in the details of his responses
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
We used Kaiser, they are a corporate entity. Professional, they have certain protocols that are outlined very specifically and there is not much you can do about them. We are happy with Kaiser... something a new patient would want to know about kaiser is that you can not move forward until you pay. Once you pay you can then get on a waiting calendar depending on how many people sign up ahead of you , you may have to wait a month to get on a cycle
Kaiser costs 15k
To know knowledge he did not, it was more adapt as you go kinda of approach. The more information he had (the further into the process) dictated which way the process would go.
Sacramento
She [Dr. Cookingham] knew my chart and what we and was not done before we ever met with her. During our consultations she asked what would work for us and for our life, and what we were ok with.... She always had my best interest at heart. We discussed in length what we were ok and not ok with, and we set goals, and everything she did with our treatment was with our goals in mind. She always kept me up to date on labs, and if they were back in a timely manner she would let me know that, and that she was still on a look out for them. She took an interest in our lives and made sure the care she provided matched it.
It's kaiser, so everything is by protocol, which means you have very little wiggle room. It would have been nicer to have more of a variety of options for treatment times to start, but that's not what my doctor was scheduled for.... It was an array of nurses as they all only work part time. It took a while when I called for the nurse I would speak to to know what my treatment plan was.... $12,000 for IVF with ICSI. $4,095 for medications.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Be prepared for honest information. She's not going to purposely hyperstim you to get this grand number of eggs, she's going to focus on getting you a good number of quality eggs and turning them into quality embryos.
She knew my chart and what we and was not done before we ever met with her. During our consultations she asked what would work for us and for our life, and what we were ok with.
Gonal in the morning, and menopur at night for 14 days with her adjusting doses at each appointment. Added Centrotide on day 9 for 5, and triggered the night of day 15.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
$12,000 for IVF with ICSI. $4,095 for medications.
She left it up to us, but knowing our diagnosis and having to pay cash, and knowing the risks of twins we decided to do it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Differening opinions on how to give meds
Sacramento

He [Dr. Vu] took the time to joke with me and make me laugh during treatment. He could tell I was very nervous and him taking the time to have amazing beside manner made the process so much easier. There was no pain with the iui he completed for me which is a HUGE plus!... I did a cycle of femara and an iui with my husband's sample.... I'm always very nervous for my iuis and he took to time to joke with me and make me laugh.
I love this clinic [Kaiser - Sacramento]! There was a little miscommunication during an iui with another Dr which almost got my you canceled but it ended up working out. The nurses are amazing and so are the Drs. Everyone is so compassionate and helpful. If I have questions, I can call or email and they set my mind at ease.... The nursing staff has always been very sweet to me and accommodating.... Fertility clinics are a sad/hopeful place to be and they make me feel hope, love those ladies.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Kenneth was amazing. I'm always very nervous for my iuis and he took to time to joke with me and make me laugh. As we all know, some doctors have horrible bedside manners and he was amazing. Such a breath of fresh air.
Don't be nervous, you're in good hands.
He took the time to joke with me and make me laugh during treatment. He could tell I was very nervous and him taking the time to have amazing beside manner made the process so much easier. There was no pain with the iui he completed for me which is a HUGE plus!
I did a cycle of femara and an iui with my husband's sample. It did not result in a pregnancy, although I was hopeful, that was expected.
The nursing staff has always been very sweet to me and accommodating. Although I have not gotten the results I wanted (baby), they make it more comfortable and not a nightmare place to be. Fertility clinics are a sad/hopeful place to be and they make me feel hope, love those ladies.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love this clinic! There was a little miscommunication during an iui with another Dr which almost got my you canceled but it ended up working out. The nurses are amazing and so are the Drs. Everyone is so compassionate and helpful. If I have questions, I can call or email and they set my mind at ease.
I have been very fortunate to have my iuis covered minus a $30 copay, but ivf is completely uncovered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My husband had a first result for Hep C come back but we were told they ran it again and it was a false positive. I went in for an iui and the Dr performing that iui was not happy at all about the fact that with a positive result we were still getting treatment with a document they had me sign regarding the results being positive. She almost canceled my iui but spoke with her director and came back with a new paper saying the result was positive but I still wanted treatment. I signed it and the iui was over. That was a nightmare/stressful iui but I know she did it to cya. My husband was upset and so was I. How could such a mistake be made, i have no clue. Some people have better bedside manner than others.
Sacramento

Ask all the questions you want because he [Dr. Vu] is very patient and easy to talk to...We did the IUI the day after I got a positive ovulation test. At the time I was only testing for ovulation in the morning, and the Iui was done the following morning. I think the 24 hour wait was too long...Dr. Vu was to the point yet kind. He made the situation easier to handle. Of all of the IUIs I received his was the only one that wasn’t painful. I have a tilted uterus, so it is hard for the doctors to get a smooth catheter insertion.
A strength [at Kaiser Permanente] would be the amazing medical team and their expertise. A weakness would be their hours of operation and not seeing the same doctor every visit. Make sure you follow the instructions for bringing semen from home or else you will have to reschedule and it may cause you to have to skip that month...The nurses were very kind and compassionate. They made us feel comfortable and encouraged.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu was to the point yet kind. He made the situation easier to handle. Of all of the IUIs I received his was the only one that wasn’t painful. I have a tilted uterus, so it is hard for the doctors to get a smooth catheter insertion. I let Dr. Vu know that previous doctors had trouble and he said ‘what kind of trouble?’ While inserting and then I told him and he said, ‘well, we didn’t have that kind of triuble, because I’m already done and you didn’t even know it was in’!
Ask all the questions you want because he is very patient and easy to talk to.
Mr Vu was pleasant and kind. He was even able to make light of the difficult situation we were in.
Dr Vu found a sizeable cyst on my ovary the first month so he recommended we do not do clomid. The second month the cyst had shrunk to a safe size and we proceeded with the clomid. We paired this with an IUI because my husband has male factor infertility as well. Test showed he has very high viscosity. My diagnosis is occasional short periods. Dr. Vu had me on the smallest dose of clomid to make sure My ovaries weren’t being stimulated much, just that the clomid would ensure my period was long enough that an egg could attach if the IUI resulted in a fertilized egg. We did the IUI the day after I got a positive ovulation test. At the time I was only testing for ovulation in the morning, and the Iui was done the following morning. I think the 24 hour wait was too long. The time that I had an IUI and clomid resulting in a healthy pregnancy I tested for ovulation in the evening and got a positive and the IUI was the following morning. There was a longer opportunity for fertilization.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
A strength would be the amazing medical team and their expertise. A weakness would be their hours of operation and not seeing the same doctor every visit. Make sure you follow the instructions for bringing semen from home or else you will have to reschedule and it may cause you to have to skip that month.
Total we did 3 months of IUIs and 2 months I’d clomid and the cost after insurance was less than $1500.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Sohn is to the point and informative. I wouldn’t say he is “warm and fuzzy” but he is friendly and definitely takes time to answer questions without making you feel rushed. During my initial consultation he laid out a plan that was clear and made sure we were comfortable with it. Stefanie, the NP is who I saw for 99% of my office visits and she did the IUIs and discussed medications (oral and injectables) and development a treatment plan for me.
I think a strength with kaiser is that they are organized. Any time any questions came up we were able to ask a nurse or email Dr. Sohn and get an answer in a timely matter. That was very helpful as a new infertility patient.... I believe our consultation was our normal deductible cost ($25) IUIs were about $75....Stefanie, the NP is who I saw for 99% of my office visits and she did the IUIs and discussed medications (oral and injectables) and development a treatment plan for me.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Go in asking a lot of questions. Do research before your appointment.
During my consultation with Dr. Sohn he was kind and informative. We went over a slideshow presentation and he made time to answer any questions. He also did an endovaginal US during the consultation and explained egg count, etc. He scheduled me for a HSG and said he would keep an eye out for those results and keep me informed on the results, which he did. After my HCG the majority of my care was managed by a nurse practitioner at the Kaiser Vacaville clinic.
Since this was our first consultation dealing with infertility Dr. Sohn was going to be start me on clomid. I took clomid for a couple of months along with timed intercourse which produced no results. We then moved onto injectables along with another oral medication and started IUIs, 5 total with no results.
Nursing staff were kind, quick and helpful.
Vacaville
2014 - 2015, Successful
I really appreciated Dr. Vu's directness. He didn't sugar coat things and was very honest about what he felt my chances were with each procedure...we loved his sense of humor and ability to lighten the mood. He also took time to explain procedures to my Mother when she came to one of my appointments..I would not recommend Dr. Vu to someone who was very sensitive or didn't have a good sense of humor.
The only negative about the Sacramento Fertility Center is that there isn't always someone at reception to answer questions. Other than that I thought they were fabulous. Another part I wish was a little different is that there isn't much follow through after you have success. I with the fertility clinic was a little more involved after you become pregnant as it is a very scary time...My actual IVF procedure was performed by another Dr. and she was wonderful, I wish I remembered her name but I truly want to thank both her and Dr. Vu for our success!
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I really appreciated Dr. Vu's directness. He didn't sugar coat things and was very honest about what he felt my chances were with each procedure. As I mentioned earlier we loved his sense of humor and ability to lighten the mood. He also took time to explain procedures to my Mother when she came to one of my appointments.
I would not recommend Dr. Vu to someone who was very sensitive or didn't have a good sense of humor. He is very direct and doesn't sugar coat things.
Dr. Vu has a great sense of humor and really put me and my spouse at ease. The infertility process is so painful and he truly made it more bearable.
Dr. Vu was very direct with me from the beginning, he felt IVF was my very best choice for success. He did however walk me through the steps of the most inexpensive procedures to the most expensive so we started with clomid only with the first pregnancy, and moved to clomid with IUI for the second. My next course of action would have been IVF if I didn't get pregnant. I appreciated his honesty about my chances with each procedure.
I do not remember any of the Nursing Team's names but they were always very professional and compassionate. One day my blood pressure was off the chart and the Nurse knew her presence was causing it. She walked out of the room and had me take the test without a nurse presence. I thought that was really great on the job thinking. My actual IVF procedure was performed by another Dr. and she was wonderful, I wish I remembered her name but I truly want to thank both her and Dr. Vu for our success!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clomid and initial procedures were about $900 with my insurance. By the time I had the IUI I was on my Husbands insurance and it was only about $1,000

2013, Unknown Success
Dr. Vu always made time to see or talk to me if I had any questions. I never felt like my questions were seen as dumb or unimportant to him. He made sure that we knew exactly what steps we were going to take next, what the possible outcomes were and what we could do following those outcomes.... We did IVF with ICSI. We started with birth control and then stims. I was overdeveloping eggs and so Dr. Vu altered the amount of meds I was taking and that helped a lot. I
The clinic [Kaiser - Sacramento] was wonderful throughout the whole process. I felt like everyone worked together as a team and wanted to do everything they could to get me the baby I needed. From the receptionist to the embryologist, everyone approached this in a very organized, optimistic manner.... billing worked with us to keep costs down as much as possible.... I had one main nurse and then two others that I also communicated with.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Vu made the entire experience easy and less stressful. I never felt like he was hiding anything from us. He was very straight forward about our options and the risk factors. I'm trying to think of any shortcomings to include in my review, and I honestly cannot think of any.
Always ask any questions you have even if you feel like they are stupid questions. I promise, he will never make you feel like they are dumb questions. He will validate everything you say and make sure that you fully understand everything that is happening.
We did IVF with ICSI. We started with birth control and then stims. I was overdeveloping eggs and so Dr. Vu altered the amount of meds I was taking and that helped a lot. I was able to get 18 eggs and of those, 5 made it to blastocyst stage. I had 2 eggs implanted and one took. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Meier, Lori Hansen and Christy Hanson)
I had one main nurse and then two others that I also communicated with. The nurses I had main contact with were Lori, Laurel and Christie. These ladies were what sold me on using Kaiser Sacramento when I was doing consultations. They were so friendly and hopeful and kind. In a situation where you are stressed and worried all the time, having a smiling face great you every appointment helps so much. I still bring my daughter to visit them sometimes.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic was wonderful throughout the whole process. I felt like everyone worked together as a team and wanted to do everything they could to get me the baby I needed. From the receptionist to the embryologist, everyone approached this in a very organized, optimistic manner. I would use them if I ever went through this process again.
The cost was high but we knew that going in. We did not have insurance that covered this but billing worked with us to keep costs down as much as possible.
Dr. Vu wanted me to do the eSET and I understand why he would have wanted that. After doing a lot of research we talked to him and told him we would like to do 2 embryos. Dr. Vu was okay with that and we ended up implanting two.
Sacramento

She [Dr. Cookingham] was always understanding and caring and explained everything clearly. She was extremely caring when I miscarry October of 2017. Communicated and made sure I had all the test and my DNC was done and comfort me when I lost my baby.she also encourage me to try again once I had recovered from my loss....My fiance was advised to visit his urologist...I was prescribed fermara and then IUI
Great team [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento], great response from doctors when I have questions, extremely organized and they always follow up with me. I always get a fast response when i emailed with any concerns. Extremely professionals...[nursing staff] NurseThey all awesome!!! Made sure I understand the entire process and show empathy at all times ... She [Dr. Cookingham] was always understanding and caring and explained everything clearly.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was always understanding and caring and explained everything clearly. She was extremely caring when I miscarry October of 2017. Communicated and made sure I had all the test and my DNC was done and comfort me when I lost my baby.she also encourage me to try again once I had recovered from my loss.
To trust her 100%
She was very understanding treated us like family.
My fiance was advised to visit his urologist and prescribed Clomid to help with his sperm count, he was also recommended to use some supplements to help with the motility, when his count went up I was prescribed fermara and then IUI, we did 3 rounds and got pregnant lost baby at approx 9-12 wks , we waited 2 months and did another round and fail, now doing 5th round with a mix of femera and trigger shot will be doing IUI in 4 days...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Nurse martyn)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Great team, great response from doctors when I have questions, extremely organized and they always follow up with me. I always get a fast response when i emailed with any concerns. Extremely professionals
My copay only $5 per visit and medications are $5 for each medication. IUI was also covered just not IVF it's an out of pocket service

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Cookingham made me feel very comfortable, confident, and competent regarding my process. She always took her time with me and ensured our questions were answered. She was always present and very approachable. She knows what she is doing and that made me feel at ease...She attended every appointment, performed every ultrasound, and remembered details we shared at prior appointments. She is direct but also optimistic which makes a great combo.
They [the nurses at Kaiser Permanent Sacramento] have been excellent in communicating, returning calls and emails and knowing all of the information...8000 for IVF cycle...1650 ICSI...3000 PGS biopsies...I love everything about Kaiser...Dr Cookingham made me feel very comfortable, confident, and competent regarding my process. She always took her time with me and ensured our questions were answered. She was always present and very approachable. She knows what she is doing and that made me feel at ease.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Follow instructions and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Only retrieval so far Gonal-F (225) AM x 9 days Menopur PM (3x75) x 2 days (2x75) x 7 days Ganirelix AM x Days 6-9 18 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 blast
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
They have been excellent in communicating, returning calls and emails and knowing all of the information
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I love everything about Kaiser. The one opportunity would be the time in takes to complete an IVF cycle, but this may be the norm. It’s my first one and I have only done it at Kaiser so I can’t attest to how long it normally takes.
8000 for IVF cycle (I have one per lifetime insurance coverage so I paid 1000) 1650 ICSI 3000 PGS biopsies
Single embryo transfer due to risks with multiple (this was based partially on my age). I was told sometimes in patients of “advanced maternal age” they would transfer multiples
Sacramento

Dr Cookingham is very kind and thorough. She always took her time, even if it meant she would be late for her next meeting. She went above and beyond with my care and took the extra steps to assure me and make me feel confident and comfortable.... Dr. Cookingham used all of the protocols set up by Kaiser. She explained why Kaiser used them and why she agreed. She is patient and an excellent communicater and I never left her office confused.
Everyone in the office [Kaiser Sacramento] was amazing.... Dr. Cookingham works out of 2 offices, Sacramento and Vacaville.... Dr. Cookingham used all of the protocols set up by Kaiser. She explained why Kaiser used them and why she agreed. She is patient and an excellent communicater and I never left her office confused.... Dr Cookingham is very kind and thorough. She always took her time, even if it meant she would be late for her next meeting. She went above and beyond with my care and took the extra steps to assure me and make me feel confident and comfortable.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Cookingham is the best dr I have seen for any reason. I have already highly recommended her to my friends. She is the absolute best and I was lucky to be her patient! She is kind and welcoming and she put me at ease after having a hard time before I was under her care.
Don't see anyone else! Just go see Dr. Cookingham!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I don't remember her name)
Everyone in the office was amazing. I had a great experience.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I had a great experience! The only thing that was difficult was that Dr. Cookingham works out of 2 offices, Sacramento and Vacaville. I live in Sacramento so sometimes it was difficult traveling to Vacaville but totally worth it to be under Dr. Cookingham's care.
I don't remember.
Dr. Cookingham prefers single embryo transfers but is not opposed to transferring 2 embryos if that is what the patient wants. She will not transfer more than 2 per Kaiser policy.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Cookingham] always takes great care in your comfort and understanding of the procedures and processes. Lisa does not rush your treatment or questions...Dr. C is compassionate and caring. Every visit I felt like she was as hopeful and eager to help us start our family as we were. I always appreciated her willingness to try new things while also believing that my body could naturally handle some things as well. She was patient and kind. A very genuine provider. Always loved working with her.
Large clinic [Kaiser] so it is easy to get lost as a patient and become a number... On the plus side, when you begin going regularly to the same doctor they will get to know you and their nurses. It is very organized and timely...[Nursing staff] Competent and caring. Fun and friendly. They really take care and concern in your treatment and understanding the process. Very patient and kind...I never paid more than $10 for an ultrasound or $10 for medication until we got to injections then the Menopur was $30.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
If you want to try something new be sure to ask.
She always takes great care in your comfort and understanding of the procedures and processes. Lisa does not rush your treatment or questions. Every patient is as important as the next.
We tried letrazole. Two tablets daily cycle day 3-7. Formed 1-2 mature follicles then naturally ovulated with IUI next day from positive OPK.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Large clinic so it is easy to get lost as a patient and become a number. Be sure to remind tryout current RE of what you have completed verses what you want to do next. On the plus side, when you begin going regularly to the same doctor they will get to know you and their nurses. It is very organized and timely. The copay for us was very reasonable.
I never paid more than $10 for an ultrasound or $10 for medication until we got to injections then the Menopur was $30. Very reasonable with our level of coverage
Na

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Cookingham] was candid, told me I had unexplained infertility, explained that getting pregnant was hard so i wouldn't be discouraged, and was kind when she told me I was technically of advanced maternal age. She fully explained potential risks... Suggested Femora rather than Clomid because a) fewer side effects and b) less risk of multiples. Explained that Femora was not technically approved by the FDA for fertility therefore it was my choice to decide which I preferred. Instructed me to take Femora prior to ovulation, the did the IUI procedure as soon as I received a positive ovulation predictor test.
I like Kaiser for its convenience. All the resources I needed were at the same location, including pharmacy. Some find Kaiser to be cold, but I have always had a wonderful experience. This particular department is very kid, caring, and discreet.... Everyone at this facility was wonderful. Very pleasant and knowledgeable.... My insurance covered 50% of the procedure. I don't believe I spent more than $500 for the consultation, testing, and two IUI procedures.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Same as my previous answer. She was candid, told me I had unexplained infertility, explained that getting pregnant was hard so i wouldn't be discouraged, and was kind when she told me I was technically of advanced maternal age. She fully explained potential risks and suggested I take Femora rather than Clomid, but left the choice up to me.
Go see her, she's great!
She was very open and honest with me, and suggested I take Femora instead of Clomid to lessen my chances of negative side effects.
Suggested Femora rather than Clomid because a) fewer side effects and b) less risk of multiples. Explained that Femora was not technically approved by the FDA for fertility therefore it was my choice to decide which I preferred. Instructed me to take Femora prior to ovulation, the did the IUI procedure as soon as I received a positive ovulation predictor test. The first round did not result in pregnancy. Tried again during my next cycle which resulted in a twin pregnancy and subsequent twin live births.
Everyone at this facility was wonderful. Very pleasant and knowledgeable.
2015, Successful
He [Dr. Sohn] was very kind. He was to the point with things, but always gave us hope. He would speak to us about what we have been up to. Just getting to know you questions/conversation. ... We had a very positive experience with him. .. We were mainly male factor, so he did a lower stim on me. He also warned us when we put in two embryos because of the risks to me and the babies if it resulted in a twin pregnancy, which it did.
Nothing bad to say. We had a great experience here [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]. Everything was really explained to us and we always felt that if we had questions they were answered right away. They are open early which is awesome and on the weekends. ... They [monitoring appointments] were in the morning mostly and prescheduled for you in advance. ... [nurse] Very on top of things
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
We had a very positive experience with him. We actually wanted to fly over to Sacramento to use him for our next FET, but we have heard that he just retired. He was very honest about things and we loved that.
He is very experienced. He knows what he is talking about. Trust him.
He was very kind. He was to the point with things, but always gave us hope. He would speak to us about what we have been up to. Just getting to know you questions/conversation.
We were mainly male factor, so he did a lower stim on me. He also warned us when we put in two embryos because of the risks to me and the babies if it resulted in a twin pregnancy, which it did. He wasn't mean about it, just was looking out for the best interest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Very on top of things
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Nothing bad to say. We had a great experience here. Everything was really explained to us and we always felt that if we had questions they were answered right away. They are open early which is awesome and on the weekends.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They were in the morning mostly and prescheduled for you in advance.
I think the IVF itself that included us, blood, montiroing was around 11,500. We had to do ICSI which was around 1500, and We also did a mTESE (but in SF with Kaiser) and that was 8000
We transferred two due to cost of fertility treatments and the risk of not having any to freeze (at that point we didn't know), but he would of rather us tranferred one.