Roseville
Sacramento, CA 95815
1 Quality Drive
Vacaville, CA 95688
707-624-3215

He [Dr. Sae Sohn] is very concervative in his practice. Very reasonable and presented my husband and I with a lot of information that help us understand the process we were going through. I saw Dr Sohn during all of my visits and he was very compassionate when things didn't work out as planned. He explained the process, the odds and what the medication does.
The doctor and the nursing staff made the experience great. Kaiser [Sacramento] wouldn't of been my first pick if it wasn't for the compassionate team of nurses. Kaiser typically treats their patients like a number but dr Sohn and the nurses were different and I wanted to keep coming back.... $9,500 for IVF, $1,500 for ICSI, roughly $4,000 for medication
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is very concervative in his practice. Very reasonable and presented my husband and I with a lot of information that help us understand the process we were going through. I saw Dr Sohn during all of my visits and he was very compassionate when things didn't work out as planned. He explained the process, the odds and what the medication does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Sohn was very patient and caring.
Describe the protocols Sae Sohn used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Birth control, Lupron, Menapure, progesterone, estradial.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Nice, friendly, patient.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The doctor and the nursing staff made the experience great. Kaiser wouldn't of been my first pick if it wasn't for the compassionate team of nurses. Kaiser typically treats their patients like a number but dr Sohn and the nurses were different and I wanted to keep coming back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
$9,500 for IVF, $1,500 for ICSI, roughly $4,000 for medication
Describe Sae Sohn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Dr. Sohn always recommended transferring one embryo at a time but since the quality of our embryos were low, he was open to transferring two.
Sae Sohn

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Klooster is very informative in explaining for pros and the cons of each procedure and treatment. He is very encouraging. He understand the cost and emotional struggle treatment can have and provides you with all the information to make your decisions...Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications, then tried three rounds of clomid, one round with a mix of clomid and menopur and then the last round was all menopur.
I feel Kaiser is a little more restricted in their guidelines on treatment and steps...The [nursing] team in the fertility office was very kind...Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications...cost varied, it was not covered by my health plan...Dr. Klooster is very informative in explaining for pros and the cons of each procedure and treatment. He is very encouraging.
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
He is very straight forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. Klooster is very caring and informative.
Describe the protocols Curt Klooster used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Because I'm using donor sperm and had never tried getting pregnant we did one round without any medications, then tried three rounds of clomid, one round with a mix of clomid and menopur and then the last round was all menopur. Each round was unsuccessful.
The team in the fertility office was very kind
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
cost varied, it was not covered by my health plan.
Curt Klooster
Sacramento

Dr. klooster is a good doctor and shares good information.... Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy.
They are organized but since Kaiser [Sacramento] is limited on the number of clinics they are busy.... They [nursing staff] are wonderful, compassionate, and communicate especially Sharma!... Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy.
How was your experience with Curt Klooster at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr. klooster is a good doctor and shares good information. He has done my myomectomy and hysteroscopy as well. I wish I saw him more for my iuis but he doesn't handle that and leaves it to his nurse practitioner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He will answer all your questions.
He is very sensitive and willing to take time with me.
Iui 1 with him was femara. Iui 2 was a mix cycle of femara and menopur followed by a trigger shot. Ultrasound showed I had one mature follie. Iui 3 was Clomid and menopur followed by a trigger shot. The hope was I would have a better responses to clomid and I did.i did have a better response with four follies but still no pregnancy. Quality could be an issue. We are now moving to Ivf.
They are wonderful, compassionate, and communicate especially Sharma!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
They are organized but since Kaiser is limited on the number of clinics they are busy. I had to float between Sacramento and Roseville to receive all my treatments at necessary cycle times.
Curt Klooster

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. cookingham is very sweet. I trust her with everything. She takes the time to explain procedures, makes you feel comfortable and actually truly cares about you. Dr. Cookingham replies quickly back to emails and phone calls.... Most of the nursing staff is very sweet. For my second cycle I feel like I was forgot a little bit. My waivers got a little messed up. There is a nurse there that always had to call me with my negative results. I felt as if she truly did not understand her patients. She was too happy about my negative test and it really bugged me.
The clinic [Kaiser Sacramento] takes on too many patients. Appointments are always running behind.... Most of the nursing staff is very sweet. For my second cycle I feel like I was forgot a little bit. My waivers got a little messed up. There is a nurse there that always had to call me with my negative results. I felt as if she truly did not understand her patients. She was too happy about my negative test and it really bugged me.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
To trust her
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic takes on too many patients. Appointments are always running behind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
10,300 for fresh cycle, $4000-$5000 for frozen transfer,
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?

2019, 2 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
[Dr. Cookingham] was incredibly personable and professional. She seemed like a high-functioning multitasker with great interpersonal communication skills...Many times I requested to slow down or start again and was ignored by all nurses and doctors...Lisa approved to continue as though the med instruction error never occurred
The general staff [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] were fine. Ashley was adversarial the entire time from our first phone call, to our first meeting and even email...Kaiser denied me a second round of coverage, but one glance at what happened and they magically covered me for another round...Everything seemed to always be moving quickly, but it seemed to be the nature of the work. People seemed tired, stressed, or in a hurry. In retrospect, the culture seemed overworked.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
I was seen midweek and we had a great first meeting and connected great. I was told by the staff that I'd be called later with a schedule and instructions. I later got a call confirming I'd get that info on a Friday. On Friday they called and told me a nurse would call me on Saturday... which is when I had work scheduled, so I let them know I'd do my best to answer during my shift. Nurse Ashley called late, once my high-intensity schedule already kicked into full gear. I called at the end of my shift and the nurse went nuts and screwed up the instructions. When I met nurse Ashley the next Monday she panicked, then consulted with Lisa and Lisa approved to continue as though the med instruction error never occurred. Ashley did an injection demo and waved the needle around in front of my face several times. Many times I requested to slow down or start again and was ignored by all nurses and doctors. I believe they thought everything was fine and that I should continue, but also that I was being ignorant of the situation. We only got 2 good eggs when they expected as much as approx 9. Kaiser denied me a second round of coverage, but one glance at what happened and they magically covered me for another round. I requested a referral to Fremont Kaiser IVF and was ecstatic with the results. Sac was so nervous and hectic and Fremont was so calm. Dr. Cookingham left the state shortly after, which makes sense after several conversations I had with multiple OB/GYN's, Fremont IVF and my oncology team. I wanted to appreciate the team, but considering I have Triple Negative Breast Cancer, the worst type, I'm very certain they changed the entire outcome of my cancer treatment.
Not applicable as I cannot recommend her due to my experience. I'm sad for her if there are mitigating circumstances I don't know about. But Kaiser did not disclose an ounce of info to me about any details from behind the scenes. Something or multiple things either went wrong behind-the-scenes or something looked bad enough for them to grant another round of IVF treatment at their own expense. I was offered the reassurance that "it did not fall on deaf ears" ... which says it all when you have the experience to read between the lines.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Lisa was incredibly personable and professional. She seemed like a high-functioning multitasker with great interpersonal communication skills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Irvine)
The general staff were fine. Ashley was adversarial the entire time from our first phone call, to our first meeting and even email. It always felt so personal with her, like she needed to fight and prove a point. Sadly, I think she's one of those people that is fighting so hard to control everything that she can't see what's really happening right under her nose. When I first got on the phone with her she immediately chewed me out for not returning calls. She said I needed to know how it all works... mind you, they were supposed to call me the day before and Saturday I was already scheduled to manage a big hands-on project... There's more, like waving a needle a foot away from my face while speedily demonstrating needle injection... but you get the (needle) point by now.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Everyone except Ashley Irvine seemed completely normal and professional. Everything seemed to always be moving quickly, but it seemed to be the nature of the work. People seemed tired, stressed, or in a hurry. In retrospect, the culture seemed overworked.
$20, I have tier 1 coverage, so it covers a lot
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?

2014 - 2019, Successful
2 Ivf over $50k [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento]...Protocols & procedure are in place. Clean clinic. Waiting room tend to get extremely pack, they should at least play a movie for their patient while waiting. I love the fact that lab work are done in the office...[The nurses are] all amazing...[Dr. Kenneth Vu is] very open explaining the consequences of transferring multiples embryos and happy with your decision...is very thoroughly in explaining every procedure and expectations. He explain in medical term and then illustrating for you to visually to understand...he recommend treatment base on my our infertility factors. He build hat rapport with his patient which make us feel the trustworthy with DR Vu. I’m sad that he’s retiring because I stil have frozen embryos and afraid other dr not that knowledge like him.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr Vu is amazing. He’s very compassionate & knowledge in what he does. My husband and I had consulted with Northern Cal IvF which they were over pricing because they required all testing base on their production not patients problem. Consulting with DR Vu he recommend treatment base on my our infertility factors. He build hat rapport with his patient which make us feel the trustworthy with DR Vu. I’m sad that he’s retiring because I stil have frozen embryos and afraid other dr not that knowledge like him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Listen & follow his instructions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr VU is very thoroughly in explaining every procedure and expectations. He explain in medical term and then illustrating for you to visually to understand.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Vu used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
He advise not to throw away the gonal after one time use injections because the total 5 syringe with a little bit of left over liquid adds up for another dose. Big saving.
They’re all amazing
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
2 Ivf over $50k I
Describe Kenneth Vu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
He’s very open explaining the consequences of transferring multiples embryos and happy with your decision
Kenneth Vu

2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Moy] answered all my questions and had a good bedside manner. As a clinic I feel kaiser has their physicians treat every case exactly the same rather than individually. Their physicians do the best they can with what they are allowed to do...She was kind and answered all my questions...[brief protocol] Letrozole with trigger and an IUI.
You typically have to call and leave messages [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento], there isn’t always someone answering phones during business hours. They were great at calling back within a efficient amount of time. But your aren’t allowed to do back to back treatments you are only allowed to do them every other month. Their rooms are small so even though during covid they are allowing visitors in most other departments they refuse to allow partners to be there with you.
How was your experience with Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She answered all my questions and had a good bedside manner. As a clinic I feel kaiser has their physicians treat every case exactly the same rather than individually. Their physicians do the best they can with what they are allowed to do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Ask all of the questions she is knowledgeable and will answer any of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
She was kind and answered all my questions.
Describe the protocols Vicky Moy used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Letrozole with trigger and an IUI.
Efficient.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
You typically have to call and leave messages there isn’t always someone answering phones during business hours. They were great at calling back within a efficient amount of time. But your aren’t allowed to do back to back treatments you are only allowed to do them every other month. Their rooms are small so even though during covid they are allowing visitors in most other departments they refuse to allow partners to be there with you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My insurance covers 50% so each IUI with letrozole and trigger was about $325.
Vicky Moy
Sacramento
Best RE I have ever seen. Will go out of her way to help you. She [Dr. Cookingham] truly wants what you wants ou to have a successful pregnancy and bring home a baby. When I was ever scared or worried she would always explain everything perfectly to me so I wouldn’t stress. ... I had very heavy breakthrough bleeding while she was on vacation I sent her a message and she called me from vacation to help me.
It takes a long time to get in for a consult. After consult things start to move a little faster. Both doctors at this clinic in Sacramento are amazing. Definitely worth the wait. I would strongly suggest them if you have kaiser or get the chance to choose them. ... Stongly suggests single ... We did high doses of Stims for 11 days in hopes to get as many follicles as possible with mature eggs.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Best RE I have ever seen. Will go out of her way to help you. She truly wants what you wants ou to have a successful pregnancy and bring home a baby. When I was ever scared or worried she would always explain everything perfectly to me so I wouldn’t stress.
Say Yes!!
By far the best RE I have seen she goes above and beyond to help me. I had very heavy breakthrough bleeding while she was on vacation I sent her a message and she called me from vacation to help me.
Describe the protocols Lisa Cookingham used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Describe Lisa Cookingham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Stongly suggests single
Lisa Cookingham

Dr. Vu was very friend and very knowledgeable. From day one he addressed all aspects of the journey and what to expect. Dr. Vu gave you the power to make your own decisions but ensured that the decision was a knowledgable one. ... Dr. Vu was always positive and friendly. He had a very busy work load but always took time to talk with you.
Strength is that they [Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] are successful and friendly. Weakness is the amount that they cost and at times had me over order meds which costs me more money. Overall they are a great clinic [. They are very knowledgeable and share their knowledge with their patients. ... They [nurses] are available 7 days a week. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They are very helpful and I always had questions. They are always friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Kenneth Vu at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Call before you plan to start a treatment because the are booked out for months.
They very closely monitor you so that they can adjust meds according to your specific needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: There were 5 nurses on my care team)
They are available 7 days a week. They respond quickly to emails and phone calls. They are very helpful and I always had questions. They are always friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Strength is that they are successful and friendly. Weakness is the amount that they cost and at times had me over order meds which costs me more money. Overall they are a great clinic. They are very knowledgeable and share their knowledge with their patients.
It was approximately $20,000 for an IVF cycle with ICIS. This is including the medication and not including genetic testing.
They give you the power to make your own decision but will make sure that you have recieved full knowledge of any potential risks.
Kenneth Vu

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Sohn is to the point and informative. I wouldn’t say he is “warm and fuzzy” but he is friendly and definitely takes time to answer questions without making you feel rushed. During my initial consultation he laid out a plan that was clear and made sure we were comfortable with it. Stefanie, the NP is who I saw for 99% of my office visits and she did the IUIs and discussed medications (oral and injectables) and development a treatment plan for me.
I think a strength with kaiser is that they are organized. Any time any questions came up we were able to ask a nurse or email Dr. Sohn and get an answer in a timely matter. That was very helpful as a new infertility patient.... I believe our consultation was our normal deductible cost ($25) IUIs were about $75....Stefanie, the NP is who I saw for 99% of my office visits and she did the IUIs and discussed medications (oral and injectables) and development a treatment plan for me.
How was your experience with Sae Sohn at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Go in asking a lot of questions. Do research before your appointment.
During my consultation with Dr. Sohn he was kind and informative. We went over a slideshow presentation and he made time to answer any questions. He also did an endovaginal US during the consultation and explained egg count, etc. He scheduled me for a HSG and said he would keep an eye out for those results and keep me informed on the results, which he did. After my HCG the majority of my care was managed by a nurse practitioner at the Kaiser Vacaville clinic.
Since this was our first consultation dealing with infertility Dr. Sohn was going to be start me on clomid. I took clomid for a couple of months along with timed intercourse which produced no results. We then moved onto injectables along with another oral medication and started IUIs, 5 total with no results.
Nursing staff were kind, quick and helpful.
Sae Sohn

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Lisa is very knowledgeable in her field. She has excellent bed side manners and is very honest/blunt but open to trying things. I appreciate her ability to explain things in layman's terms. I do wish she foupd have been at more of my appointments though...I have very productive ovaries for my age, which Lisa knew how to work with as far as drugs administered. My challenge is that the drug combo that got me pregnant once (but miscarried) also made my ovaries over respond on the next attempt
New clean facility. Easy communication/reliable responsiveness. The ultrasound equipment used is not very clear, nurse performing exam even comments on it. Inconvenient that [Kaiser Permanente] won't store donor frozen sperm, not even for a day or a few minutes. You must ship donor sperm to home and bring with you to insemination and bring tank back to your car/fedex after.
How was your experience with Lisa Cookingham at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Just be honest with her and take things she says with a grain of salt so to speak. Your gut feelings are important too.
Dr Cookingham is very personable. She communicates like she knows you well and is very good at explaining things in layman's terms.
I have very productive ovaries for my age, which Lisa knew how to work with as far as drugs administered. My challenge is that the drug combo that got me pregnant once (but miscarried) also made my ovaries over respond on the next attempt. So the following cycles have been not right feeling because she modified my drugs. Still trying to work out a new drug plan for my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie kurata)
Stephanie was organized, timely, followed through with what she said and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
New clean facility. Easy communication/reliable responsiveness. The ultrasound equipment used is not very clear, nurse performing exam even comments on it. Inconvenient that kaiser won't store donor frozen sperm, not even for a day or a few minutes. You must ship donor sperm to home and bring with you to insemination and bring tank back to your car/fedex after.
Insured so only copays for iui and medication
2011, Unsuccessful
Dr Goud was the first person who really listened to me and my struggles to get pregnant. He finally figured out why I wasn't getting pregnant and gave me options for treatment. Unfortunately, I never achieved a pregnancy under his care but that was our choice not to continue with treatment. He was very kind and compassionate.... Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin.
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Make sure you understand all your options and make a plan according to what your best changes are of achieving pregnancy with the budget you have for treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr Goud was very kind and took time to explain things to me so I could make informed decisions regarding my care.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin. I did two cycles of cloned and IUI.
The nursing staff were kind but after all these years not very memorable.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic was good and operated similarly to Kaiser's model for health care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I can't recall