Kaiser Permanente SoCal

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
9961 Sierra Ave ,
323-783-4011
3250 Fordham St
San Diego, CA 92110
1-800-290-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I went to Kaiser which does not cover any fertility treatments but did cover my recurrent miscarriage.... [Nurse] Every time I emailed the office with a concern I got an email back that same day or a phone call right away. I know her by name now.... We had several one on one visits [with Dr. Rubel]. I sat her in office and we went deep into detail about what was going on with me and how I was feeling. She was so informative and reassuring
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I went to Kaiser which does not cover any fertility treatments but did cover my recurrent miscarriage. I dont think kaiser covers any fertility treatments which is an issue with our health care system in general
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
We had several one on one visits. I sat her in office and we went deep into detail about what was going on with me and how I was feeling. She was so informative and reassuring but never gave me false expectations. Anytime I emailed her office with any concern one of her nurses would email or call me right away and set up an appointment for me to come in to speak to the doctor or answer any questions or concerns I had. Ive never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Sorrell)
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Rubal was my first Reproductive Endocrinologist. I've suffered multiple miscarriages and was FINALLY referred to a specialist. She has been absolutely amazing. She has explained her course of action, the reasons for it and every risk and possible outcome along the way. Ive cried in her office and she has made me feel hope again. We are still working on my rainbow baby but I have faith in Dr. Rubal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tell her everything you are concerned about. Do not be afraid to email her office.
Describe the protocols Lauren Alexandra Rubal used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
We were investigating recurrent miscarriage. We first did all the usual blood work. Second made sure my tubes werent blocked and that my uterus was normal shape using a saline sonogram. When she suspected a bicornate uterus or scarring we then did a hysteroscopy. She wanted to remove and scarring before I tried to get pregnant again. When the hysteroscopy showed my uterus was nomal she prescribed progesterone and aspirin to start the next time I get a positive pregnancy test. She also referred me to another specialist to figure out what can be done about my endometriosis pain.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I pay $430 a month for health insurance through kaiser. No fertility treatments are covered or offered. My recurrent pregnancy loss was investigate. My copays were $30 each time I saw the doctor
Lauren Alexandra Rubal
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The facility is Kaiser and they've been pretty good about me calling in and responding to my questions. I like that you can call the fertility center and speak to the nurses and also email them. Their turnaround for responding is fast.... They have several doctors. At one point, they put me with someone else, and I requested to be put back with my doctor since she knew what was going on. I have gone to other doctors for follicle checks and IUIs and they've all been just as kind.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The facility is Kaiser and they've been pretty good about me calling in and responding to my questions. I like that you can call the fertility center and speak to the nurses and also email them. Their turnaround for responding is fast. I haven't been to any other clinic, but here, you see so many women come.in and out. They have several doctors. At one point, they put me with someone else, and I requested to be put back with my doctor since she knew what was going on. I have gone to other doctors for follicle checks and IUIs and they've all been just as kind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She is kind and reassuring which puts you at ease. You don't feel that she is rushing through your questions to get to the next person.
I started my treatment at Kaiser, and most of the staff are friendly and informative. They definitely show compassion during this process. I say most, because I have encountered one who is not as warm as the others. She's not rude but definitely not inviting
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She has candidly said that if a certain medication didn't work there were others to try and we might to increase the dosage on some. Since we are nearing the end of our cycles and still have not gotten pregnant we have to be realistic about the future of our treatment. She is kind and reasurring but I do have to be the one that asks what is next. I don't like to think that I'm being negative but I am more realistic about the situation. We are on our 3rd IUI and she did state that if this one didn't work we need to sit down for a consult and start discussing IVF which she said was "very expensive" which we already know.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions, do your research! If there is something going on with your body ask what you can do to facilitate the process.
Describe the protocols Snunit Ben-Ozer used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Initially, we started with Clomid to see if that would help us get pregnant, which it didn't. We moved on to Clomid with the trigger shot, but each scan would show only one follicle growing. We decided that on the next cycle we would increase Clomid, do the trigger shot, and start on menopur, with the hope that I would get 2-3 full size follicles. This last IUI I still only had 1 follicle, so we did talk about increasing menopur if this cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Luckily, my insurance has covered the IUIs. All I have had to pay are my co-pays for the visits and meds
Describe Snunit Ben-Ozer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Snunit Ben-Ozer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The senior staff [at Kaiser Permanente] was pleasant, knowledgeable and supportive, the newer staff do not know what resources are at their disposal, so are not as effective at problem solving, or solving those problems in a timely fashion. But all are sincere and kind...Need a bigger office, more staff, because Kaiser has a very large population of infertile patients. The nurses are nice, they are compassionate. The main branch of Kaiser's infertility clinic at LAMC has its own social worker to emotionally support the patients and have a really knowledgeable RN case manager to assist with resources and support groups.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He's a very busy doctor, he tries to see as many people as he can in one day. It feels like he wants to help as many people as possible. But that means that many times he is in a rush, and that doesn't feel very comforting in such an emotional time. But when he has a moment he is encouraging and positive, but realistic about the goals. He does give me in depth explanations about my care, and makes me feel a part of it.
The senior staff was pleasant, knowledgeable and supportive, the newer staff do not know what resources are at their disposal, so are not as effective at problem solving, or solving those problems in a timely fashion. But all are sincere and kind.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Strengths- Positive energy, encouraging, very knowledgeable. Weaknesses- Can be a little scatterbrained, spread thin seeing so many patients that it can border on impersonal. Does not make eye contact often.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Try to slow down and make patients feel like you are invested, know their care like the back of your hand.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
When I first encountered Dr. Jabara, I had ovarian cysts, I was given estrogen to removed them but then it took me two to three months to ovulate. Then we tried clomid, the doctor said I didn't respond very well to it. Ovidrel and natural attempt. No pregnancy this trial. Next visit I saw the NP, was prescribed double the dose of clomid and started on Menopur 75mg. I came in weekly for estrogen monitoring and ultrasounds.I resulted in one follicle at 12, the other at 18mm. Ovidrel admin. My first IUI followed, negative pregnancy test. The third attempt I received 2 clomids and 150mg Menopur, resulting in two follicles final measurments of 10 and 16mm. Ovidrel administered.Second IUI performed, negative pregnancy test. Had a break one month. Then 2 months with no period, return of menses in December no treatment with return of period due to office policy not to start treament during the holidays. January natural cycle with ovidrel 1 follicle seen at 16mm. Negative pregnancy. Last cycle natural with 2 follicles at 15mm and 18mm. Ovidrel administered. Third IUI performed, chemical pregnancy with serum HCG 4, first ultrasound showed 45mm corpus luteum, and 6 cysts of varying degrees all &gt;20mm. Estrogen initiated on this 10 day long menstruation. No treatment this month, to return in April when next menstruation due. It is Dr.Jabara's thought that I have better responses to natural methods best, he suggested we may try Femara my next cycle. The pressure is on because he will no longer treat me after my 44th birthday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Clomid- $100 Ovidrel- $400 Menopur-$1000 IUI-$500 Blood tests-$300 Ultrasounds- $2000
Sami Jabara
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Fontana] was nice but did not have as much communication skills as the doctor. They did however go over the doctors notes to make sure I understood everything and let me know what to do for the next follow up appointment.... I love kaiser and wish I could keep them forever. Being as they are pricey and do not offer fertility to an outside buyer is the biggest downfall.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I love kaiser and wish I could keep them forever. Being as they are pricey and do not offer fertility to an outside buyer is the biggest downfall. I was lucky enough to have 50% insurance coverage for a time enough to get to know they reproductive team
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Fong was very relatable and listed to everything my partner and I had to say or ask, and in turn answered everything in a way we could understand but still very professionally. She went over options while keeping in mind our budget and how aggressive we could be with that monetary goal in mind.
The nursing staff was nice but did not have as much communication skills as the doctor. They did however go over the doctors notes to make sure I understood everything and let me know what to do for the next follow up appointment
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I loved Dr. Fong for her personality and relatability. She had a very calm aura and explained everything in a personable manner. I felt comfortable and trusted that I was in great hands with such a fragile experience. I would recommend her highly to any of my friends or family if they needed her services.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
To a prospective patient, I would say there’s no reason to be scared or nervous with Dr. Fong. She is the type that actually cares about you and listens and wants to give you the best treatment possible for the outcome you want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The initial consultation for me was $150.00. Without insurance it would have been $300.00. I think their pricing is normal as far as other clinics I have looked into. The quality of the doctor and having 50% covered was a big thing for me at the time
Shirley Fong
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Kaiser Permanente is] Very efficient. Most of the time they run on time and are clear with the process of the appointment. I appreciate that I can email to contact the nurse and ask questions. Occasionally, it can be difficult to get through by phone to talk with the appropriate person...Most of the nurses have been awesome. There have been a couple of nurses who were inconsiderate during difficult appointments.
European, Black or African-American, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Dhesi has been a great doctor from the beginning. She has answered EVERY question we have and does not rush through our appointments. She has been very clear with our treatment and I definitely feel as though she cares about me as her patient.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Dhesi has been an incredible doctor through this process. I always feel comfortable with her and she explains everything to me and my husband very clearly. She doesn't rush and will discusses pro and cons with each procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe the protocols Amy Dhesi used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I would say Dr. Dhesi has a very proactive strategy. She laid out all of the options and recommended first steps based on our situation. We were able to follow her recommendation (clomid and IUI) and were pregnant the first cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a MMC. Later we got pregnant on our own and were monitored very closely by Dr. Dhesi. I was diagnosed with a SCH and later had another MMC. She doesn't hesitate to check anything that may be a potential contributing factor and I appreciate that. During our last loss, she suggested next steps and I am comfortable following her recommendations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Insurance covers 50% and we pay 50% coinsurance
Amy Dhesi
Los Angeles- Sunset
Kaiser is not open on weekends so sometimes I worry that the procedures are not working because they try to do them too soon or too late for what my body really needs. It’s also hard to schedule appointments since they only have one person taking calls and scheduling and they are only open from 8:30-4:30. It’s difficult to schedule with work hours being the same...They’re [nursing staff] very friendly and always try to say positive things to keep me hopeful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tracy Telles is very compassionate through all visits. She cares about your emotions during this process.
They’re very friendly and always try to say positive things to keep me hopeful.
How was your experience with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tracy Telles is very nice and compassionate. She cares about your emotions throughout this stressful and sometimes heartbreaking process. She also administers IUI procedures with minimal pain. I’ve had other doctors perform my IUI and they have hurt me, but Telles is very gentle and quick. She also tries different combinations of meds if the current ones are not working. She is open to switching them every cycle if it is needed, hoping that one combo will finally be the right one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask her all of the questions that are on your mind. She’s very open to answering all of them to make sure you’re not left wondering anything.
Describe the protocols Tracey Telles used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
She initially prescribed me clomid and an ovidrel shot to use before an IUI procedure. I have late ovulation and therefore a short luteal cycle which the ovidrel was supposed to help with. After developing cysts from the meds, she switched me to femara and the ovidrel shot before IUI. Next, since nothing has worked so far, she put me on femara with menpur shots daily for three days and then the ovidrel shot before IUI. Waiting to see what will happen next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have health coverage through work so it’s around $30 copay for each visit (around 3-4 each month) and then around $200 for meds and shots.
Tracey Telles
Fontana
The clinic [Kaiser- Fontana] is very good they are usually very fast and really work hard to work with you. They are located next to the offices where the pregnant patients go to so it is a bit hard when your their to try to make a baby and right next to it is just a swarm of pregnant women. Other than that it is a great clinic.... They worked hard to work around you and make you feel as comfortable as they can make it. All were great.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic is very good they are usually very fast and really work hard to work with you. They are located next to the offices where the pregnant patients go to so it is a bit hard when your their to try to make a baby and right next to it is just a swarm of pregnant women. Other than that it is a great clinic.
Dr. Fong made my husband and I feel like we weren’t just another patient that goes through the office. On our first meeting we came out feeling like there was hope and unfortunately it hasn’t gone our way but Dr.Fong makes me feel in a never give up way when I see her.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Fong and her staff have made me feel like there not just there because it’s their job. They do this because they wanna help. Since the first meeting to every appointment and treatment I’ve had since Dr. Fong has answered all my questions with compassion and certainty. She never sugar coated what I had she was very clear from day 1and I thank her for that. When I have a canceled treatment because my body wasn’t ready there was never any sense of that’s it let’s move on. Instead she made me feel like this time it didn’t happen but we’re not giving up, she then would proceed with what can we do better. Dr. Fong has been a great Doctor since day one of meeting her.
Listen to all her advice,she really knows what she is doing.
I am lucky enough to have a great insurance plan so I only spent money on all my medications. The only cost my insurance does not cover is IVF and it’s most likely the only way I might get pregnant.
Shirley Fong
Fontana
The communication between the Doctors and staff is not the greatest, thus leaving the patient to have to advocate and explain personal situation frequently. On some day's this left me feeling like a number rather than a human. In Kaiser, you have to deal with each department separately, and they do not all communicate together which makes it very difficult to navigate...they would neglect to follow up regarding HSG tests or scheduled appointments.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
There are very few options through Kaiser's Reproductive Endocrine department. I believe there are only 2 doctors to choose from and the department is severely impacted. The communication between the Doctors and staff is not the greatest, thus leaving the patient to have to advocate and explain personal situation frequently. On some day's this left me feeling like a number rather than a human. In Kaiser, you have to deal with each department separately, and they do not all communicate together which makes it very difficult to navigate.
She was unavailable to answer questions, told me I needed surgery to remove large ovarian cyst and she would find me a well fit surgeon but then left on vacation for 2 weeks without telling me. Never followed up regarding my surgery for cyst removal. Through the 10 plus appointments, she always seemed to be pushing me out the door, rather than truly explaining my case and options to me.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rubal is very caring and empathetic to the difficulties of infertility treatments. She is candid about the risks and potential negatives of each course of treatment. On the weaknesses, Dr Rubal threw climid at me even though she explained there was less than 5% chance it would work. Dr Rubal informed me that I needed to get another cyst removed before moving forward, but did not discuss what would come next after my cyst removal. Dr Rubal also neglected to follow up and be along with the symptoms I was experiencing due to a 7 inch cyst. I inquired about freezing eggs due to risk of losing my one and only ovary left prior to my surgery. Dr Rubal informed me there "was no way" which was very unsettling without fully understanding why there was "no way" to freeze eggs.
Advocate for yourself, tell her how you are feeling and what you need.
HSG test (3 times) too see if tube is blocked 2 ovarian cyst removal surgeries 2 rounds of clomid - 1 at 50 mg -1 at 100 mg both she only followed up via email and I never stepped foot into her office during the rounds of clomid
Most was covered through insurance benefits. We had a 15 dollar co-pay for each visit. My HSG tests had no co-pay, and my surgeries had 15 dollar copay
Lauren Alexandra Rubal
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Kaiser is thorough, efficient, and flexible in their hours..... Like Dr. Baker, the nursing staff was incredible. I know that places like Kaiser have a bad reputation because of how large they are, but honestly, my wife and I never felt like we were being treated like numbers even by the nursing staff. We always felt cared for and we always felt like we were the most important people in the hospital.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser is thorough, efficient, and flexible in their hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My wife and I felt like she was genuinely pulling for us to get pregnant. She went out of her way to inform us and follow up with us, even after the most "basic" treatment or consultation. We could (and can) tell how genuine a person she is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember her name, but she was equally caring, understanding, and patient.)
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Extremely caring and honest. Dr. Baker was and has been very upfront with us about the odds and the risks of what we are trying for. She has been kind and patient with us, especially given our lack of knowledge on the subject of infertility. She has treated us like people and has always taken care to make sure we felt like the most important people on her caseload.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Bring questions when you meet with her. She will answer them all, and will do so in a very honest manner.
Describe the protocols Marsha Baker used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I honestly don't remember the details. It's a difficult thing for me to have to go through - especially knowing the slim chances of it working - and anticipating the disappointment. I mostly listen and let my wife be the expert.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
At first, before we took on double coverage, we were paying about $145 per visit, and over $800-1000 for medication. Once we added double coverage, our IUI treatments we basically fully covered.
Describe Marsha Baker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I completely back her approach (multiple). She understands my wife's situation and has recommended we be as aggressive as possible.
2014 - 2017
Our nursing team [at Kaiser Orange County] was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.... The Kaiser building that I went to in Irvine is clean and comfortable. All of the appointments are in the morning and traffic can sometimes be a little crazy. But the moment I came into the office I felt comfortable and knew that I was in the best possible hands.... For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My Husband and I have always loved Dr. Rosencrantz's honesty and empathy. We first saw him a few years ago when we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. After deciding to take a break from trying my husband and I found out that we were expecting, sadly that pregnancy ended in a stillbirth of our daughter at 28 weeks. During this whole experience Dr. Rosencrantz has taken the time to really learn about my husband and I and our stillborn baby. He has helped us come up with what we believe will be the best plan for a successful IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Daisy )
Our nursing team was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The thing that I love about Dr. Rosencrantz is his honesty. He has an ability to present the facts clearly, but also with empathy. He's not afraid to tell you when it's time to move on to another course of treatment, because he has already weighed the risks and thought about what would be the best possible outcome for you and your family. I remember coming back to see him to start trying for our second child after the stillbirth of our daughter he knew all of the details. He made sure to acknowledge the loss of our daughter, he even used her name when we talked about her. He helped us come up with the best course of action in our journey to conceive our next baby. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and only wants the best for them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be put off by his honesty. Some people are afraid of people who are really honest with them. But in the business of fertility you want someone who is honest. You want someone who is going to tell you what the best possible options are and also when it is time to move on to a different treatment. Some doctors will let you continue to spend money on things that will not really help you. Dr. Rosencrantz is not afraid to speak the truth, which in the long run will benefit you.
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
After the stillbirth of our daughter my husband and I decided that we wanted to try IUI six months after her death. We sat down with Dr. Rosencrantz and went over our test results. Since our fertility issues are related to male factor, he recommended some additional things my husband could do to improve his morphology. For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round. But it too was unsuccessful. For our third and final IUI we decided that since the last cycle had gone so well we would continue everything the same as the last cycle. This cycle also went well, but it did not result in a positive pregnancy test. After all that we had been through, Dr. Rosencrantz presented a few different options to my husband and I. His recommendation was that we move on to IVF. We cause we are young and I have a high egg count he thinks this would be the best option for us. At this time we have decided to work towards IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was very fortunate that Kaiser covers 50% of my fertility medications. The IUI cost was covered completely by my insurance. Each time I saw him it was a $ 20 co-pay. In total each cycle was about $ 400-500.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our Doctor recommends transferring two embryos but has said that we can do anywhere from one to five.
Male Factor, Other
Every time Alma [a nurse at Kaiser] and I spoke through the phone she was very nice make sure that every little thing that needed to be communicated to me was done repeated it more than twice as if I have any questions any concerns for me to let her know and she will transfer the information to dr. Park after me getting my tube tests done I was in a lot of pain I call her make sure that If I had to take any kind of pills she said no the following day she called just wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing she gave me so much information make sure that I was doing good make sure that I was okay call me the next day to check up on me very attentive with me love the communication that I had with Alma
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have been with Kaiser for the past year I like the whole system that Kaiser has since everything is done in Kaiser test team lab everything that needs to be done is done there the only thing that I don't like is no walk-ins make sure we call in every time we have to see doctor Park every time we have an appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She explained to us as much as she could .still working with us to see how much she could do for us. Chances are so small but she gave us hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Alma)
Every time Alma and I spoke through the phone she was very nice make sure that every little thing that needed to be communicated to me was done repeated it more than twice as if I have any questions any concerns for me to let her know and she will transfer the information to dr. Park after me getting my tube tests done I was in a lot of pain I call her make sure that If I had to take any kind of pills she said no the following day she called just wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing she gave me so much information make sure that I was doing good make sure that I was okay call me the next day to check up on me very attentive with me love the communication that I had with Alma
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
At the beginning dr. Park was really attentive she gave us as much information as she could she gave us hope just with the whole situation of my husband going through diabetes after going to the second visit she really did not know what was going on with the visit that my husband had with the specialist she kind of told us that there was no hope because he was diabetic the only way of doing this was IVF artificial insemination was not a 100% sure she gave us 0% on success with this what I really liked about dr. Park she was willing to try doing artificial insemination even though the percentage was very low IVF was our last resource since she told us it was kind of expensive so at this point my only hope is to do IVF I still believe that we can try artificial insemination even with a lowe rate of success as I told dr. Park we've been trying for three years we've been married for three years and we've been trying to conceive naturally but since my husband is diabetic not having sperm come out I really believe that dr. Park is giving me the correct information to proceed with IVF I know IVF could be expensive in a long journey but we're willing to try every bit of Hope
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
One of the things that I would advise future patients with dr. Park make sure you be on top of every little test that she sends you to do so you can get results quickly make sure that you can be in contact with her by email so you can get better service since Kaiser just do appointments you need to be calling just make sure that every little thing that she sent you to two do for testing it's done and send email to confirm
Describe the protocols Alice Park used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
The plan to proceed for fertilization was for my husband to start taking pills to produce sperm after having test done with sperm and urine test for my husband we were going to proceed with me having artificial insemination since hast been kind of impossible for my husband to produce sperm we have not been able to do any kind of artificial insemination The Next Step she told us to do was IVF and IVF is just out of the question at this point with us we're waiting on some urine test to come back to see if they're able to do artificial insemination with the urine since sperm is going to the urine
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our cause with dr. Park was not expensive since we have insurance through my husband's work the only copies we did was $5 every time we went to visit her no lab pay the only thing that is not a cover through our insurance is IVF
Fontana
Everyone [at Kaiser] acts like they care :D ... [Nurses] So far they're all sweet . I have not had any issues . I appreciate them calling me back in a timely manner when I had questions .... Luckily I have only had co payments...I feel like he's [Dr. Yoo] compassionate but will let you know unfortunate facts about your diagnosis and or treatments . ( hes a sensitive straight shooter ) He has never made me feel dumb in any way or got offended by me asking why does he do this when I hear other doctors do that .
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Everyone acts like they care :D
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I've been seen by 2 other doctors . He's the only one who took me seriously , listen and came up with a plan that fit my wants and needs .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Debra )
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I feel like he's compassionate but will let you know unfortunate facts about your diagnosis and or treatments . ( hes a sensitive straight shooter ) He has never made me feel dumb in any way or got offended by me asking why does he do this when I hear other doctors do that . Like I've mentioned I've seen other doctors , YOO is a breath of fresh air compared to the others and with him I finally feel hopeful .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He listens , ask as many questions as you want .
Describe the protocols Richard Yoo used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
My 1st round of clomid 150 , I made way too many follicles to do iui so YOO cut back on the clomid . Next month we did the clomid 125 , I didn't produce any :,( so we did another round , produced one , pulled the trigger than did an iui . 2 weeks later , I didn't get my period but I got an yeast infection . I called the clinic the nurse called me back , she put in for a hsg test and gave me information on treatment for my yeast infection . My hsg test was negative &lt;1 . So now I'm waiting for my period so that I can start my next treatment ( hopefully iui with injectables ) YOO will always take what I want into consideration, if I want to do injectables and he finds it possible he will say yes .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Luckily I have only had co payments
San Diego
Kaiser Fontana has a lot of negatives. #1 - Parking is HORRIFIC. It would sometimes take me 20-30 minutes to find an open spot. #2 - It's very confusing to find the RE door. There's a random door with a doorbell next to it that you need to ring in order to check in. You cannot check in at the normal, OB check in desk nearby. #3 - The RE shares a waiting room with OB. Be prepared to see LOTS of pregnant women and I even witnessed some finding out they were pregnant. Insensitive placement if you ask me! The strengths are their doctors. I saw 4 different RE docs while there and all of them were top notch.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
For the most part, treated like a human. She can be blunt and to the point which some may not like, however, I appreciated it.
The nursing staff/medical assistants all differed. It completely depended who you ended up with on your visit and it was usually a different person each time. Some were very knowledgeable, compassionate, and explained everything thoroughly. Some, not so much. I would just keep asking questions until I felt like I fully understood what I needed to.
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Park is very no-nonsense and to the point. Her treatment, with me anyway, was pretty aggressive which I appreciated. She is not the gentlest with her touch (AKA the wand) but I got used to that.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions and be very up front with her.
IUI #1 - 50 mg of Clomid, resulted in 2 good follicles, IUI resulting in negative pregnancy test. IUI #2 - 100 mg of Clomid, resulted in 3 good follicles, IUI resulting in negative pregnancy test. IUI #3 - She gave me the choice of doing Clomid + Injectables or Injectables only and explained the pros/cons. I went with injectables only (Menopur), can't remember exact dosage but it was all based on multiple blood tests & lots of ultrasounds. Only 1 good follicle resulting in negative pregnancy test. Prior to IUI #4 - Found multiple cysts on my ovaries from the prior cycle. Put me on birth control for 21 days. I was very discouraged and ready to give up at this point! IUI #4 - Injectables, 4 good follicles resulting in a positive pregnancy test! Currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins
Fortunately, my insurance covered the cost of 6 IUI's. I just had to cover our co-payments.
San Diego
It [USC] was very busy and almost always full. Especially on days for IUI. The waits could run very long and once my pregnancy blood test was not called in stat. ... They were very nice and Dr Baker's primary nurse remembered me and how we were doing. They were all so happy when we graduated. The nurse that called with certain test results once told me to increase my medication which was not what Dr Baker had said so I pushed back and the nurse went back to Dr Baker and then called me back to confirm the orignal plan.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
It was very busy and almost always full. Especially on days for IUI. The waits could run very long and once my pregnancy blood test was not called in stat. I have nothing more to add but this requires 200 characters.
They knew who I was and remembered me.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Baker reviewed my many years of medical records, she adjusted my course of treatment each cycle and she did a saline ultrasound after my miscarriage which led to a procedure to remove something she found that I think helped me avoid another miscarriage.
Take notes and be sure to be clear about your course of treatment so you can follow and ask all your questions.
1. Clomid and a trigger shot (ovidrel). First cycle and I had Pcos and my husband tested mostly in the normal range - so the focus was on developing fully grown eggs and releasing them. Pregnancy then miscarriage at 6 weeks. 2. Clomid and no response and holidays prevented shots. No trigger because I didn't respond to the clomid. 3. Letrozole + menopur shots + ovidrel trigger. Because I didn't respond to clomid. Negative pregnancy test. 4. Letrozole + shots + trigger + IUI because timed intercourse was not successful. Negative pregnancy test. 5 and 6. Same as 4 but with adjustment to the shots 7. Similar protocol to 4 but adjusted shots and amounts. Live birth - single
The costs were covered by insurance except for a $10 co-pay each visit
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
because it's kaiser, it's in a building with other offices...more specifically the OBGYN offices which stinks seeing pregnant women or newborns while TTCing. the good thing though is that the clinic, laboratory and pharmacy are all in the same building. downside is that the clinic is open M-F but only open half day on Saturdays. also, I believe the lab and pharmacy are closed on Saturday but there's a lab and pharmacy in a nearby building for Saturday's. a little inconvienent but still doable.
She was very proactive to get me the surgeries needed to correct my uterine abnormalities so I would be able to carry a baby to term. The only downside was that when I emailed her, her nurse or a nurse in the office would get back to me which I think was more of Kaisers policy rather than her just not returning my message.
they we're good and always answered my questions and got back with me quickly after they got my blood test results.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She was very friendly and did most of my procedures. for monitoring appointments I mostly saw nurses but they would refer to her about adjustments in medicines if needed. also, she was able to get me the meds I needed through my insurance when they didn't want to cover a specific medicine but that was the only one I responded to so she knew it was worth getting for me.
be patient because it can take a bit of time to start treatment. I was hoping to start treatment within the first month of seeing Dr. Baker but she wanted to get my body ready for doing a treatment cycle so I didn't start meds until 7-8 months after my consultation with her. Again, that was also partly due to the way Kaiser works and it took a bit of time to get surgery booked.
we did clomid 150 mg with trigger and timed intercourse, clomid 150 mg with trigger and IUI, menopur 75 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU with trigger and IUI, Gonal F 100 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU and femara with trigger and timed intercourse.
because my insurance was through kaiser, I had a reduced rate than if I went through a private clinic and had to pay out of pocket.
IVF was not an option at my clinic =(
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Since it is Kaiser they aren’t open all weekend and IUI is done on different locations than IVF. They don’t have their own lab but share with another clinic. At the time (may have changed now) they were unable to do fresh PGS transfers as they had to send them to another lab for testing.... Dagmar was amazing! She always returned emails and phone calls right away. She was kind and compassionate. She remembered me every appiontment. You could see that she truly cared for us and wanted us to be successful.
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Dr Yoo remembered us every time we saw him. His staff remembered me too. They were very careful to go over all the details of everything happening during the process. They even gave us an hcg shot in clinic and let us pay them back later as we had to trigger earlier than was expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Dagmar)
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Yoo was awesome! He is a good teacher and explained everything so well. He was always candid with us and even after our failed IUI was very frank with us and spent a lot of time (probably an hour or so) going over our options in detail. He would give us printed out copies of journal articles if I wanted more info. He was amazing!
Ask questions! He will give you the answers! But be sure to find out beforehand if he will be the on doing you IUI day of beforehand so you are not taken off guard. As it is a Kaiser clinic, Dr Yoo has little control over things like who works on the weekend.
We first started a cycle with clomid that was going well, but the clomid made me start seeing things. We had to cancel the cycle and go to injectables (menopur) as a result.
Our IUI cycle was covered by insurance. So all in all for our 2 cycles (one was canceled but we still did all the monitoring appointments and blood draws) we spent about $1900 total on testing, visit co-pays, and medication.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
the clinic’s [Kaiser] strength is their ability to get you an appointment on time so that you don’t miss important cycle days. They respond really quickly with regards to emails. Their weaknesses include getting different providers every time you go in. At times, nurses appear unaware of who is taking which patient.... I wish they can be more personable and remember your name. Every clinic visit resulted in a new nurse assignment.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
the clinic’s strength is their ability to get you an appointment on time so that you don’t miss important cycle days. They respond really quickly with regards to emails. Their weaknesses include getting different providers every time you go in. At times, nurses appear unaware of who is taking which patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Doctors took time to answer my questions but other staff seemed cold and not as friendly. Dr Ketefian however always seemed to take her time and did not seem rushed. She never looked at the clock and was genuinely interested in answering all my questions.
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Her strengths include her ability to answer your questions thoroughly and patience with making sure your questions are answered. A drawback is that she won’t email you directly but answers through her nursing staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Come with questions because she will make sure you leave her appointment with a good understanding of your situation.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I am Not sure of treatment strategies. It seems to be on an individual basis. I nsinly Did IUIs in her clinic which resulted in negative pregnancies. However, an additional follow up consultation was made to restrategize a new treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have Dual coverage so i had A zero copay.
Describe Aline Ketefian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Aline Ketefian
Los Angeles- Sunset
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Yoo is very clear and very understanding, the Kaiser System is what made me feel like a number because it takes a long time to get questions answered... Kaiser functions like a factory. I needed a lot of answers on my first round of IVF and the communication was challenging to say the least. Its nearly impossible to get a phone consult with the doctor, you have to make an appointment and it could take a month. Strengths - when they cover you they cover you.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Dr Yoo is very clear and very understanding, the Kaiser System is what made me feel like a number because it takes a long time to get questions answered and I get the feeling he has a lot of patients as he is one of 2 fertility doctors that Kaiser has for the San Diego area.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Debbie sent every email in all caps which really bothered me. She didn't answer all the questions I had and was hard to get a hold of. She has retired.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Yoo is kind and always made me feel comfortable and explained things clearly. He is a friendly and knowledgeable doctor. I get the feeling he might have a large patient load. I was able to communicate with him directly via email.
You can't speak with him unless you make an appointment but he will answer emails!
I can't recall my dosages, but I was on menopur and climid for IUI and then testosterone and Estrace for IVF. The IUI failed and the IVF was cancelled due to pregnancy and miscarriage
My care was mostly covered by insurance.
Describe Richard Yoo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Dr Yoo advises one embryo at a time. 2 can be challenging for the mother and the fetus.
San Diego
We’ve just started treatment, but everyone so far (financial, Kaiser coordinating nurse, etc.) has been wonderful and full of information. At this time, we haven’t even signed the dotted line or paid a penny and everyone I’ve spoken to has given us great information about nutrition, supplements, etc. so we can be in the best shape once we start.... We’ve been given an estimate of $13,200 for the full IVF cycle (monitoring, retrieval, ICSI, embryology, freezing) and $3,000 for each FET.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I felt all my questions were answered, no matter how silly. In addition, our progress was very stop and go in the beginning while we try to figure out financial stuff, but even if it was 6 months later, he still responded to emails quickly and knew exactly what we were referring too. I felt he remembered our case and that is extremely valuable to me.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My experiences so far have been great. He was kind and warm, but the information given was very straightforward. I always felt my questions were answered and that he was listening. My husband and I are on the younger side, but I still felt he took us just as seriously.
Never be afraid I reach out and ask questions, even through email. He always responds quickly, thoroughly and nicely.
We’ve been given an estimate of $13,200 for the full IVF cycle (monitoring, retrieval, ICSI, embryology, freezing) and $3,000 for each FET. Medications are separate and I was quoted about $3000-4000 for one IVF cycle and one FET. Embryo storage is $40/month for 2 years, after that it increases to about $60/month.
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor
[Kaiser] It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by...Overall, they [nurses] are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This is not a clinic, he is my normal RE at Kaiser. It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by
He asks personal questions. Things we had discussed in previous visits. Makes sure that I understand what we are doing and that I don’t have questions. He is personable and easy to talk to.
Overall, they are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short, but I also enjoy doing research on my own to see what others with similar situations are doing.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He is very knowledgeable and helpful
The first round of iui we tried clomid and trigger shot and procedure. The second round, we tried clomid. Then after I went in for a checkup, we decided to try menopur and then the trigger shot/procedure. The second one ended as a chemical pregnancy, so hoping this next round will stick.
My medical insurance covers a good portion of the medical costs.
2011 - 2017
The nurses [at Kaiser Sunset] were all very nice and accommodating. They would schedule my ultrasounds early in the morning so that I would not have to miss a lot of work. The department also had procedures done on Saturdays.... He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy.
2011 - 2017
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was treated at Kaiser Sunset. The nurses were all very nice and accommodating. They would schedule my ultrasounds early in the morning so that I would not have to miss a lot of work. The department also had procedures done on Saturdays.
Dr Jabara always took the time to talk to me and address me by name. He was warm and encouraging.
They all recognized me and greeted me warmly.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Jabara has been with us throughout our journey of infertility from start to finish. We started this adventure with him seven years ago. We came to him with a positive attitude, optimism, and hope to one day start our family. From day one, he carefully analyzed our data and gave us options. He educated us, kept us informed, and recommended proper dosage of medications. Most importantly, he listened to us: Our hopes, fear, and apprehension. He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy. We are highly confident in his level of expertise that we have recommended him to family and friends. In closing, we look forward to adding a photo of our son on his wall of babies.
Be patient and don’t give up. Dr. Jabara will help you add a little bundle of joy to your family.
Menopur, gonal-f, ovidrel
$15 copay for office visits. Medications less than $100 per cycle. $700 donor sperm per cycle.
Sami Jabara
Other, Unexplained
The office staff [at Kaiser Irvine Medical Center] were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.... The only thing that went wrong was they forgot to order an essential blood test on cycle day three. It happened to land on a Sunday which meant the office itself was closed. What should have been a 5 minute process ended up taking an hour to complete... The nursing staff were friendly. but seemed to be a bit overwhelmed every time I was there.
European, Latino
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The office staff were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.
Rosencrantz always took the time needed to ensure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the upcoming treatments or procedures. He was always willing to answer our questions and never tried to hurry us or make us feel like we were just a number.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
A huge strength of Rosencrantz is his communication skills, he makes sure that you fully understand what is going on and that you understand the information given to you. The only negative is that he isn't very open minded about holistic treatments to aide in the medical ones, but not many doctors are.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you might feel asking them or if you feel like you're asking to many. Rosencrantz gladly makes certain you are comfortable with the road ahead, and you have all the information you need.
We went through a low level of IUI. Rosencrantz wanted us to begin at a higher level, but frankly I have a massive fear or needles and wasn't comfortable with more injections than the lower level. I am currently taking 50 mg of Clomid for two months.
Our plan covered 50% of costs. The low level of IUI that we did ended up costing about $5,000
Irvine Medical Center
[Kaiser - SD has...] Limited office hours especially on the weekends. Staff is friendly and wants to be helpful. Sometimes details get lost...The ladies in the office are really great in person and over the phone they're helpful. I've had a few times where I've had to explain a situation that's long and reception needed to condense my message - details get lost, so I try to boil down the issue and resolution needed. Not always easy when you're dealing with all the hormones/high stakes...
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Lin - when she was available to meet - always took time and care. The issue is that she's not always available and care gets handed around to other doctor's, and then it's your responsibility as the patient to make sure everyone's on the same page. Being stressed doesn't help this, and sometimes details can get lost.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She's very thorough. As I mentioned in another section, when your care gets handed off to another doctor that's when issues occur. Each doctor has their own style of treatment - Dr. Lin's is very conservative but she explains everything that's going on and the risks of alternate courses of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Make sure you get each appointment with her or Dr. Yoo.
Describe the protocols Li-Shei Lin used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Because of my PCOS they were very light to start with IUI injectables, but when I pushed back they were receptive to upping dosage and explaining why (though that took several calls and messages to get a call back).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
$20 copay (with very good health insurance coverage)
Li-Shei Lin
San Diego
All of the nurses and staff were amazing [at Kaiser Permanente-- Los Angeles]. Very friendly and open and caring.... She was very caring and concerned with our situation. I turned 44 during treatment, at which time KP no longer does fertility treatments, and she did everything she could to try to get us to have a successful outcome in the short time we had....
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Salpi)
All of the nurses and staff were amazing. Very friendly and open and caring.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She tried very hard to help us have a successful outcome, and had we not 'aged out' of Kaiser's program, I have every confidence that we would have succeeded. She also recommended several options outside of KP for us to turn to after we were released from her program.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she's very receptive to answering any concerns you have and open about the process and possible outcomes.
I only had to pay for co-pays for office visits and prescriptions. Both were very reasonable rates.
Amy Dhesi
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
THE STRENGTHS [at Kaiser] WERE THEY WERE WARM AND FRIENDLY THIER WEAKNESS WWAS THAT THE STAFF WAS CHANGING ALOT.... THEY LOST MY HUSBANDS SPERM SAMPLE.... I STARTED WITH CLOMID TO SEE IF IT WORK. AFTER THAT I USED INJECTABLES AND EACH CYCLE IT WOULD INCREASE. MY EGGS WOULD NOT GOOD QUALITY SO DR. PARKS THEORY THE MORE EGGS THE MORE OF CHANCE
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THE STRENGTHS WERE THEY WERE WARM AND FRIENDLY THIER WEAKNESS WWAS THAT THE STAFF WAS CHANGING ALOT
DR. PARK WAS HONEST AND UP FRONT WITH ME. WHEN I DECIDED TO STOP TREATMENT SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER ALL THE OPTIONS FOR ME INCLUDING IVF AND EMBRYO ADOPTION
THE NURSING STAFF WAS WARM AND FREINDLY.
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
ALICE PARK TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE RISK AND CHANCES OF AN IUI WORKING. SHE WAS CARING AND TOOK THE TIME TO LISTEN SHE WAS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY AND EVEN GAVE ME WAYS TO CUT COST SHE WAS AGGRESSIVE WHEN THE TREATMENT DIDN'T WORK BY UPPING THE DOSES. SHE
GO IN WITH A OPEN MIND. ASK QUESTIONS, HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT EXPECT THE WORST