7.2

Ontario, CA 91761
3250 Fordham St
San Diego, CA 92110
1-800-290-5000

Dr. Dhesi is very thorough and patient. While explaining my first medicated cycle with provera and femara, she explained all of the risks and processes involved. I was scheduled for a 30 minute appointment and she spent over an hour with me. That being said, getting in to see Dr. Dhesi can be difficult. Be sure to call well in advance to set up appointments, and have a game plan going in as far as what you want to cover...
I feel it is just an issue of high patient load and understaffing [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal]...I feel that the staff is just stretched too thin with regard to workload. The scheduling coordinator always seemed rushed and very brief, and the nurses were often juggling multiple patients at once...Fertility billing with Kaiser is a HUGE HEADACHE. It is my #1 complaint with this clinic. With our coverage plan, we are responsible for 50% of cost of services. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, it seems that the fertility/reproductive medicine branch and its separate billing format from the rest of Kaiser is hugely confusing to everyone in billing.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Be your own advocate! Dhesi is very thorough and explains treatment very well, but knowing options, treatment routes, and having a list of questions ready will make each appointment so much more productive, which is key when every appointment is quite pricey. Make the most of your time with her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Amy Dhesi is always very thorough, patient, and while factual never brief. Getting in to see her is rather difficult due to her time being split between Woodland Hills and Kaiser Sunset, but I understand that this is not up to her. Besides scheduling, all of my encounters with Dr. Dhesi have been warm and encouraging. She is very fast to respond to emails as well, and even called me herself while she was off to explain a procedure.
Describe the protocols Amy Dhesi used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
My husband and I unfortunately suffer from dual infertility. He suffered from a varicocele and I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. Dr. Dhesi referred us to Dr. Craig Abber (a reproductive urologist) to help address my husband's varicocele, while Dr. Dhesi worked with me on my PCOS and anovulation. My husband had a varicocelectomy via an inguinal approach on June 20, 2019. We had to wait three months to see if this would help (he had an extremely low total motile sperm count (1 million)). Luckily, when we had a semen analysis done in September, his count had improved to 69 million! Yay! I myself worked with Dr. Dhesi during this time to try and regulate my cycle. I took Provera (10mg) 1x daily for 10 days. I did this three consecutive cycles in a row to try and get my cycle regulated, but unfortunately it did not work. This cycle Dr. Dhesi has once again asked that I take 10mg of Provera 1x daily for 10 days and then we hope to follow this with Femara (2.5 mg cycle days 3-7) followed by a trigger shot to force me to ovulate. Dr. Dhesi noted that we can do an IUI if we wish in conjunction with these strategies but is in no way pushing any treatment on us. We chose Femara over Clomid, as Dr. Dhesi noted that this seems to be more successful for patients with PCOS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff at Kaiser Woodland Hills Center for Reproductive Medicine is very helpful and I feel does their best to give each patient a good experience. The nurses were efficient, helpful, and listened to my concerns and questions. With this said, I feel that the staff is just stretched too thin with regard to workload. The scheduling coordinator always seemed rushed and very brief, and the nurses were often juggling multiple patients at once. I don't fault them for this, as I feel it is just an issue of high patient load and understaffing.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This clinic is very clean, organized, and efficient. The receptionist is always very helpful and respectful of your privacy. The nurses are polite although at times brief, and the doctors seem to do their best to hear your concerns and work with you on the most effective treatment plan for you as an individual. With this said, making an appointment can be difficult, as the doctors split their time between this location and the one on Sunset, making their availability difficult to work around. Appointments can be delayed over a month because of this/the high number of patients seen at this location. You really just have to be proactive and your own advocate to ensure you are getting the treatment you need in the timeline you want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Fertility billing with Kaiser is a HUGE HEADACHE. It is my #1 complaint with this clinic. With our coverage plan, we are responsible for 50% of cost of services. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, it seems that the fertility/reproductive medicine branch and its separate billing format from the rest of Kaiser is hugely confusing to everyone in billing. Getting a quote for my husband's surgery took HOURS of phone calls and explanations about my coverage to a number of Kaiser representatives and we still did not receive a final quote. Eventually, I decided to just pay for it all out of pocket ($$$$) and hope for a refund after surgery. The entire process was incredibly frustrating and not to mention emotionally and financially stressful! When procedures are done within the clinic, you pay the 50% directly following your appointment at the register, easy! But, if you need something done outside the clinic (still within Kaiser though) it's ridiculously difficult. Be prepared for lots of calls to Kaiser billing and 6 different quotes.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Out of all of my procedures, bloodwork, labs, and IUIs, I only saw Dr. Dhesi once...I completed a larger series of bloodwork and labs before starting treatment. Then, I would have a vaginal ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle. I would then start 5mg of Letrozole from days 3-7. I would return for another ultrasound on days 10 & 12. I would trigger on day 12/13 and have my iui 36 hours later...I rarely actually saw Dr.Dhesi
The nurses [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal] are friendly and take amazing of you. Other the other hand I rarely actually saw Dr.Dhesi...Be prepare to see a different person Everytime and advocate for what you would like during your treatments...The nursing staff were amazing. They did all of my labs, bloodwork, and 2 iuis...I experience a payment not being put in the system properly. Luckily, I kept my receipt to show that I had already paid for my treatment.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Out of all of my procedures, bloodwork, labs, and IUIs, I only saw Dr. Dhesi once. Nevertheless, the nurses at Kaiser were amazing and friendly and I wish I was reviewing them. You never knew which nurse you would get when you arrived but, imI do not fault the staff. This is often the issue with big hospitals. I would now like to move onto IVF and Kaiser does not offer the service. I will now have to do every over with a new clinic.
The nurses are friendly and take amazing of you. Other the other hand I rarely actually saw Dr.Dhesi
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff were amazing. They did all of my labs, bloodwork, and 2 iuis.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Since Kaiser is a large hospital you are provided with a one stop shop experience. Once you have conceived it is easy to transfer to the care of other departments. I felt the pricing is affordable when you have at least 50% coverage. A weakness would be having to see a different person for every appointment. The initial consultation was very short. This may not be helpful for someone who hasn’t done much research on their own.
Initial consultation was $200 Each visit and iui was $167. ( approx. 4 visits) Trigger shot $99 each Pregnancy test $20 each Plus the cost of pretreatment labs & bloodwork. Letrozole was $7
Describe Amy Dhesi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Yoo is very to the point, direct, and gives you a lot of information. ... I only wish I had more time with him and didn't see different doctors during ultrasounds or IUI's. ... I have unexplained infertility and am moving on to work with him doing IVF. ... Basically he gives you the info and you decide what you want to do and show up call and do it. You hope it works then call again to meet with him to do another round of IUI or discuss next steps.
Strengths-It's [Kaiser Permanente] easy to get apts (apt center is great), Drs all know what they are doing and are efficient, the pharmacy is right next door and easy to get prescriptions. Billing is always straightforward ... Weaknesses-follow up and communication ... you can feel like just another number and like they are just following protocol. ... The nurse Debby was giving me a measles shot and she was very unprofessional. She handed me the wrong paperwork for me to sign, she did the shot in the hallway while I was standing up, and I was worried she didn't even have the right shot so I asked to check. The same nurse then forgot to fill my prescription we waited for half and hour then the pharmacy informed us the prescription wasn't put in. I had to walk back and forth twice to ask them to fill it.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Yoo is a excellent Dr. and knows how to explain your options clearly. I have unexplained infertility and am moving on to work with him doing IVF. I didn't get to see him much though as he works through Kaiser and you see different Drs depending on who is working that day. If my insurance didn't cover my IUI's I'm not sure if I would've gone through him simply because of the lack of time with him and I didn't receive any follow up phone calls. Basically he gives you the info and you decide what you want to do and show up call and do it. You hope it works then call again to meet with him to do another round of IUI or discuss next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I would just let them know if they want more communication they have to initiate it all and be an advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Yoo is very to the point, direct, and gives you a lot of information. I like they way he explains everything. I only wish I had more time with him and didn't see different doctors during ultrasounds or IUI's.
Describe the protocols Richard Yoo used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
The strategy was to do 3 natural IUI's (because I ovulate on my own). Then we moved on to clomid with the lowest dosage. I didn't respond well to clomid in that it thinned my uterine lining so I took estrogen. Then we did another round of clomid and I took estrogen right away and my lining got thicker that round. After 5 rounds I was physically and emotionally exhausted so I took about 6 months off. Now Dr. Yoo is suggesting I take stims and do a few more IUI's the I'm moving to IVF if that doesn't work. He gives you your options and you decide what you want to do.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
They seem very busy but they are quick depending on who you see. I think Deb retired but she was not very pleasant and was unorganized. Everyone else was good.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Strengths-It's easy to get apts (apt center is great), Drs all know what they are doing and are efficient, the pharmacy is right next door and easy to get prescriptions. Billing is always straightforward and I've never had any issues. Weaknesses-follow up and communication. It is up to you to call after a failed cycle and they you come back and jump right back in (at least that was my experience) you can feel like just another number and like they are just following protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have insurance through Kaiser so I paid a copay for each visit, each blood test, and receive a discount on meds. Some of the tests were out of pocket but not too bad.
Describe Richard Yoo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
We discussed this and he said he does single embryo transfer.

Treated 2015 - 2019
She [Dr. Lin] always answers all of my questions and considers all of my thoughts. She always comes to each appointment picking up where we last left off...I truly feel that she is vested and cares about the outcome of my treatments. When I have questions or want to know her opinion on research that I've done, she is receptive and open to discussing and implementing changes to my protocol. One negative to working with Dr. Lin is that she is almost always running behind. I actually don't mind waiting because I believe this is because she doesn't rush her patients and takes her time with each person. However, if it is critical to you for the doctor to not make you wait, then I would go with a different doctor.
Kaiser works with Reproductive Partners La Jolla, so for any IVF you would be seeing a Kaiser doctor at Reproductive Partners. All IUI and other procedures are done at Kaiser in the Point Loma office. The nurses and doctors at Kaiser are really great and super helpful...For appointments at Kaiser, the nurse is for Dr. Lin is Alba and she is really great. For appointments at Reproductive partners, the nurse for Dr. Lin is Tiffany and she is also really great.
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Lin is an excellent doctor. I truly feel that she is vested and cares about the outcome of my treatments. When I have questions or want to know her opinion on research that I've done, she is receptive and open to discussing and implementing changes to my protocol. One negative to working with Dr. Lin is that she is almost always running behind. I actually don't mind waiting because I believe this is because she doesn't rush her patients and takes her time with each person. However, if it is critical to you for the doctor to not make you wait, then I would go with a different doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Be patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She always answers all of my questions and considers all of my thoughts. She always comes to each appointment picking up where we last left off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Depending on insurance, you pay a co-pay or percentage. My insurance pays 50%. IVF is not covered and is paid for separately to Reproductive Partners.
Describe Li-Shei Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Normally Dr. Lin believes in doing eSET. However, because of my age, I believed that day 3 embryos might be a better choice for me, so we froze all day 3 embryos. For FET we transferred two day 3 embryos.
Treated 2018 - 2019
During appointments he [Dr. Wong] presented information and answered all of our questions. He was reassuring and positive when he could be. At one point when delivering bad news, he was extremely blunt when it would have been nice to receive such bad news with more care and compassion.... I really had to advocate for options when we were initially told IVF was our only option. Because I pressed for other options, we saw improvement in our test results and we now have a ton of options before IVF.
The nursing staff [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] has been the best part of our whole experience. They have both been extremely compassionate, reassuring, and clear on the phone and in person. Both my husband and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the nursing staff in this office.... Once you have your initial appointment, much easier to get scheduled. The office staff is quick with calling back, attentive,
How was your experience with Kenneth Wong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He offered us whatever information we requested and was helpful in offering us whatever options were realistically available to us. I found, however, that I really had to advocate for options when we were initially told IVF was our only option. Because I pressed for other options, we saw improvement in our test results and we now have a ton of options before IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Wong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research. Ask for alternatives. Start with small steps. Get the male partner tested first before starting ANY treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Wong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
During appointments he presented information and answered all of our questions. He was reassuring and positive when he could be. At one point when delivering bad news, he was extremely blunt when it would have been nice to receive such bad news with more care and compassion.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Wong used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Clomid for 2 cycles, 50 mg for 4 days starting on day 3 of the cycle. Progesterone test on day 19 of the cycle. Used to induce ovulation with PCOS. These 2 cycles were completed prior to husband being tested - once tested, we stopped with Clomid to try vitamins to increase his numbers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff has been the best part of our whole experience. They have both been extremely compassionate, reassuring, and clear on the phone and in person. Both my husband and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the nursing staff in this office.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Hard to get an appointment as an initial patient. Little coverage for insurance (as with most places). Once you have your initial appointment, much easier to get scheduled. The office staff is quick with calling back, attentive, and they don't keep you waiting to get tests completed and treatments started.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Wong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Clomid for each cycle: $5 Consult meetings: $60-$160 HSG: $600 Male Sperm Analysis: $15
Describe Kenneth Wong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kenneth Wong
Fontana
I liked that she [Dr. Ben-Ozer] was honest and kind...After several tests I was diagnosed with "unexplained fertility" and we decided to do IUI. First round was with clomid and second was leterozole since my body didnt react to clomid and clomid thinned my lining. The third IUI was with clomid and menopur along with estrogen pills. The fourth IUI was more aggressive and only used menopur. All times I also used ovidrel to help with ovulation for the planned IUIs
I liked that I could communicate with my doctor [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal] easily via email and that all bloodwork and pharmacy pickups were in one spot. The doctors and nursing staff were kind and took the time to explain things to me...My husband isnt a Kaiser member and had to do his sperm analysis at a different facility. After confirming that Kaiser received his documents during my next appt they said they didnt receive them so I had to have his doctor resend again.
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I liked that she was honest and kind. We started out with minimal fertility drugs before we got more aggressive and moved onto menopur (which I was also thankful for considering the cost different between clomid and menopur)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dont be afraid to ask questions even if toy think they're silly
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ben-Ozer remembered me and my previous treatment so I didnt need to repeat myself.
Describe the protocols Snunit Ben-Ozer used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I liked that I could communicate with my doctor easily via email and that all bloodwork and pharmacy pickups were in one spot. The doctors and nursing staff were kind and took the time to explain things to me. This isnt the clinics fault but it was a trek to get to this clinic since it's the only Kaiser infertility clinic in LA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my treatment. Ultrasounds were around $160, IUIs were around $250. Also had a Hsg test and saline ultrasound which were each about $200. Clomid and leterozole were cheap (I think about $15 per cycle) and menopur was expensive ($50 per dose). Ovidrel was about $100.
Snunit Ben-Ozer
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Ghahremani is very empathetic. She is always calm and direct. She makes us feel like a family member rather than her patients.... We are very at ease with Dr. G. She has always been so compassionate and I love her calm demeanor. It helps me not to freak out or stress about what we are doing. She’s done my last IUI and I didn’t feel a thing compared to previous ones done by her NP. We trust her and that is why we decided to do our IVF treatment with her, too.
The Kaiser clinic was always clean. Despite being always busy, everyone was friendly and sympathetic. They made it easy for us to go through what we're going through. Hard enough as it is, I'm grateful I don't have to worry about anything because they're all on top of things. The nurses go above and beyond and always a friendly....They were efficient and always on time! They also made sure we were Always comfortable and at ease. During the times I had my IUI my husband would play Friends on his phone to keep me distracted a d the team were all on board.
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
If you want a doctor who shows compassion and will treat you like family rather than just one of their patients, then go see Dr. G.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Mandana Ghahremani used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
We have not started IVF. My review is based solely on our other treatments prior to IVF. We were put in clomid treatment, starting with the lowest dose and then increased over the next 3 months. All the 3 cycles partnered were with IUI and resulted in a negative pregnancy. We started with the lowest dose of Clomid on our very first treatment, which didn't make me ovulate so Dr. G increased the next dosage, which resulted to ovulation and primed for IUI. I think increasing the dosage incrementally was a safe thing to do. I was fully on board with her rationale because you wouldn't know how a patient will react to the treatment. We were given a one month break after our last clomid treatment and then started on menopur for the next 3 months. Again with IUI and all resulted in a negative pregnancy. With menopur, I was at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation so I was closely monitored for over a week on my last two cycles. Unfortunately, still not pregnant even though the risk of multiples were explained to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Liz Vargas)
We loved the nursing team. They were efficient and always on time! They also made sure we were Always comfortable and at ease. During the times I had my IUI my husband would play Friends on his phone to keep me distracted a d the team were all on board.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
We were seen by the Kaiser Infertility Clinic team in their Downey, CA location. Dr. Ghahremani is also affiliated with a private IVF clinic in Beverly Hills. The Kaiser clinic was always clean. Despite being always busy, everyone was friendly and sympathetic. They made it easy for us to go through what we're going through. Hard enough as it is, I'm grateful I don't have to worry about anything because they're all on top of things. The nurses go above and beyond and always a friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser insurance covered our treatments there but for IVF we were given a range from 12k to 24k depending on what other services we would need. We will have our initial consult next no the to go over details.
Describe Mandana Ghahremani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Not applicable.
Mandana Ghahremani
Downey
Treated 2016 - 2019
When the clinic did IVF, I was quoted $12,000-$18,000. But, Kaiser no longer performs IVF...he only thing I would say was negative was that they recently moved to a new facility which does not have a lab that sends blood to them. When I need blood drawn, I need to go to the Kaiser hospital which is about 20 minutes away...It was originally recommended that we do IVF in order to conceive. However, we could not financially do that at the time. So we decided to complete rounds of IUI since it was covered by insurance. We did 2 rounds, which were unsuccessful. Dr. Rubal was aggressive, but cautious with my medications and timing of the IUI.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Rubal is very personable. I always felt comfortable talking to her about personal details. I also felt she really listened and did everything she could to help us conceive. Dr. Rubal took the time to really get to know us and our situation. She shared her knowledge and was always honest with us throughout our treatment path. When we ran into a bump in the road, she would deliver the news gently and then come up with a plan to overcome. She helped us deal at ease through the process, which was comforting with the stress on infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
As hard as it can be, don’t stress yourself out. Stress can cause additional problems. Stay positive, enjoy life, and be patient with the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Rubal always gave me information that related specifically to me and my current situation. She was very knowledgeable and always gave me the best option. Dr. Rubal was sympathetic to our struggles and went above and beyond to help us in our fertility journey.
Describe the protocols Lauren Alexandra Rubal used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
It was originally recommended that we do IVF in order to conceive. However, we could not financially do that at the time. So we decided to complete rounds of IUI since it was covered by insurance. We did 2 rounds, which were unsuccessful. Dr. Rubal was aggressive, but cautious with my medications and timing of the IUI. She walked us through each stage of the process and was always positive with our treatment path. We took a few years off and went back to her this year. She remembered me right away upon coming back and was excited to get us on another IUI cycle right away. This last cycle she went a little more aggressive with the dosage of my infections to get better results, and we did! She recommended I transition to an IVF cycle because I had such a high reaction to the dosage. She then went around calling clinics on. Saturday for me so that I wouldn’t lose the results of my cycle.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser has been great with me. My insurance covers all IUI treatment costs, so that may help with my opinion of them. The only thing I would say was negative was that they recently moved to a new facility which does not have a lab that sends blood to them. When I need blood drawn, I need to go to the Kaiser hospital which is about 20 minutes away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
All IUI cycles were covered by my insurance. When the clinic did IVF, I was quoted $12,000-$18,000. But, Kaiser no longer performs IVF.
Lauren Alexandra Rubal
Irvine
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Dhesi has been an incredible doctor through this process. I always feel comfortable with her and she explains everything to me and my husband very clearly. She doesn't rush and will discusses pro and cons with each procedure...She laid out all of the options and recommended first steps based on our situation. We were able to follow her recommendation (clomid and IUI) and were pregnant the first cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a MMC. Later we got pregnant on our own and were monitored very closely by Dr. Dhesi. I was diagnosed with a SCH and later had another MMC. She doesn't hesitate to check anything that may be a potential contributing factor and I appreciate that. During our last loss, she suggested next steps and I am comfortable following her recommendations.
[Kaiser Permanente is] Very efficient. Most of the time they run on time and are clear with the process of the appointment. I appreciate that I can email to contact the nurse and ask questions. Occasionally, it can be difficult to get through by phone to talk with the appropriate person...Most of the nurses have been awesome. There have been a couple of nurses who were inconsiderate during difficult appointments.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Dhesi has been a great doctor from the beginning. She has answered EVERY question we have and does not rush through our appointments. She has been very clear with our treatment and I definitely feel as though she cares about me as her patient.
I would say Dr. Dhesi has a very proactive strategy. She laid out all of the options and recommended first steps based on our situation. We were able to follow her recommendation (clomid and IUI) and were pregnant the first cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a MMC. Later we got pregnant on our own and were monitored very closely by Dr. Dhesi. I was diagnosed with a SCH and later had another MMC. She doesn't hesitate to check anything that may be a potential contributing factor and I appreciate that. During our last loss, she suggested next steps and I am comfortable following her recommendations.
Insurance covers 50% and we pay 50% coinsurance
Treated 2017 - 2018
He is very rushed which gives the feeling of a number, but he is also personable so that kind of evened things out. ... Dr Yoo helped me through 5 courses of IUI through Clomid, Metformin, and Menopur. Doses varied depending on my level of tolerance and reaction. ... There were one or two occasions that I had to remind him of something he missed. He truly does want for the treatment to work and will make sure you understand what is happening.
One strength is their [Kaiser Permanente] connection to insurance. They are all very aware of the costs of procedures and what is due when. One weakness is their lacl of a room for patients to process. After a failed IUI, I would look for a place to process and cry, but there was no where to go except out and pay. That was extremely embarassing and difficult. ... They [nurses] were compassionate, sympathetic, and very helpful. They were above all the nicest people I have met.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Yoo is someone who I would recommend to my friends. He is quick to adjust treatment, but with the speed comes the feeling he may have missed something. There were one or two occasions that I had to remind him of something he missed. He truly does want for the treatment to work and will make sure you understand what is happening.
Don't feel rushed as that is simply his speaking style. Ask questions as he is always willing to spend extra time to ensure you understand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
There were no weaknesses I saw in the nursing staff. They were compassionate, sympathetic, and very helpful. They were above all the nicest people I have met.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
One strength is their connection to insurance. They are all very aware of the costs of procedures and what is due when. One weakness is their lacl of a room for patients to process. After a failed IUI, I would look for a place to process and cry, but there was no where to go except out and pay. That was extremely embarassing and difficult.
Approximately $3000/round of IUI.
None.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I had to catch incorrect dosages once. My first round of IUI I was on a low dose and once it was increased it skyrocketed and was canceled. They said the next round would increase much slower. The first appointment back, I was told I would be beginning on a high dose. Once I had the dr look at my chart again he noted that it was a mistake and we should start lower.
San Diego
Dr. Yoo was frank and we appreciated that. ... During a consult after receiving initial labs, another couple's information was being referred to. ... Dr. Yoo provided no direction in regards to nutrition other than take a prenatal and fish oil...brand or quality didn't matter. ... Dr. Yoo, when we saw him, treated us as a human. ... Both IUI's involved Menopur and a trigger shot, followed by progesterone for the two week window after each cycle.
This was a Kaiser facility. ... Nursing staff was detailed and did answer all of our questions. However, you have to know which questions you need to ask. ... The staff generally did their part to make me feel like a human; however, the approach the clinic takes overall made me feel like a number. ... We were directed to trigger possibly a day earlier as there were no clinic hours on Sundays. ...
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Yoo was frank and we appreciated that. We were somewhat limited considering this was the only health "coverage" for fertility that we had. For that I have to have realistic expectations in what that quality of care might look like. Attention to detail is huge in this industry. While our hospital bracelets and documents were always checked and cross-checked prior to any procedure there was a red flag for me during initial visits. During a consult after receiving initial labs, another couple's information was being referred to. This couple had "better" lab results than I did and so I questioned Dr. Yoo's take on our situation as I had already viewed our lab results and knew they were not as good as he'd indicated. He apologized and I get it...there are a lot more of us seeking fertility treatment than any of us think. It's easy to get confused. Dr. Yoo provided no direction in regards to nutrition other than take a prenatal and fish oil...brand or quality didn't matter.
Do your fertility homework. Read a couple of fertility books, and recent journal articles that talk about egg quality and both eastern and western approaches to fertility. Make a list of questions to be asked and diagnostics you want done. I suspect nothing is said regarding nutrition and supplements because of liability issues. Regarding any diet and nutrition guidance, you may be on your own on this one.
Dr. Yoo, when we saw him, treated us as a human. The staff generally did their part to make me feel like a human; however, the approach the clinic takes overall made me feel like a number. There was a bit of turnover during our first cycle with some warmer staff leaving and newer staff taking over that lacked the the same warmth and genuine sense of care. The greatest contributor towards feeling like a number at this clinic was during the medication teaching. There were 20+ women in the class and for the majority, this was not their first or second time with using Menopur for IUI. There were so many patients that it was hard to not feel like a number. The instructor did make every effort to answer questions. All patients in the class were being treated with the same drug (one box approach for all patients). Lastly, weekends or holidays impact cycles. We were directed to trigger possibly a day earlier as there were no clinic hours on Sundays. Considering the time/money/effort/stress, the feeling of the clinic trying to "fit" your cycle into their working hours also contributed to feeling like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Thorough and timely with responding to messages in detail.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This was a Kaiser facility. The clinic feels like an average medical office on a medical campus. Nursing staff was detailed and did answer all of our questions. However, you have to know which questions you need to ask. We absolutely learned that we have to advocate for our own health.
Some medications were covered at 50% with insurance. Co-pays for each office visit were $25. Roughly $2000 for each IUI (including insurance).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
There are changes that can be made in diet/nutrition and supplements that can significantly improve the outcomes of some fertility treatments. Even when asked about these areas specifically nothing was mentioned about DHEA or Ubiquinol for women with DOR.
San Diego
Dr Fong, is attentive and listened to my concerns the whole time. I never felt like she was rushing me or dismissed my concerns! She was empathetic and informative of my possible solutions. Whenever I email she immediately responds, and is very easy to get a hold of. I can’t say enough great things about her!... She presented options to me, and gave me information about next steps. Precious fertility doctor was dismissive of my concerns brought forth, but Dr Fong listened to all them and acknowledged them.
Prompt on appointments, not a long wait time. Very clean as well. Nursing staff is kind, and answers any questions you may have. It can be a tad confusing on which building because Kaiser is so large, however they send out email, mail appointment reminders prior to the appointment. The kaiser app is also very helpful... With my insurance fertility treatments are covered 50%. I pay the remaining 50% cost the day off, and I’m billed for any tests.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She did not dismiss my concerns. She listened to all me the whole time. I did not feel rushed during our appointment either. She presented options to me, and gave me information about next steps. Precious fertility doctor was dismissive of my concerns brought forth, but Dr Fong listened to all them and acknowledged them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe any concerns and issues you’re having and she will answer them. She provides informative literature hand outs as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Shirley Fong used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Telephone clomid. 3-6 cycles of clomid. Clomid starting at 50mg. If ovulation did not occur then increase in dosage. Have intercourse from day 9 to 21 every other day progesterone check day 21.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Prompt on responding to emails and providing instructions for the next round of clomid
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe Shirley Fong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Not discussed yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
With my first fertility doctor, not Dr Fong, my previous Dr read the wrong results. He told me I had no eggs left and the only way to get pregnant would be to use donor eggs. Then he made a comment about my age, to which I immediately corrected that I was younger than he stated. He looked at his chart, asked me my appointment time and apologized that he read the wrong results. He then pulled up my file and read my results. It was traumatizing and soon after I switched doctors and found Dr Fong
Shirley Fong
Fontana
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME...I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
THEY [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING...DURING THE LAST CYCLE I DID, NEAR TO THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE LAB GAVE THE WRONG RESULTS FOR AN ESTRADIOL TEST AND THE DOCTORS THOUGHT I OVULATED ON MY OWN SO I HAD TO GO BACK QUICKLY FOR AN IUI, BUT THEY RETESTED AND I DIDN'T OVULATE YET SO THE IUI WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE TEST RESULTS WERE WRONG.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WAS GREAT BUT HER PATIENT LOAD THAT KAISER PUT ON THE FERTILITY DEPARTMENT PREVENTED HER FROM TAKING EXTRA TIME DURING PROCEDURES OR EXAMS TO SPEND EXTRA TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE TOOK EXTRA TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS DURING THE CONSULTATIONS AND TO GO OVER TEST RESULTS.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WILL DO HER BEST TO HELP YOU MEDICALLY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY AS WELL AS BEING HONEST WITH YOU WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE AS WITNESSED WITH MY WIFE'S INFERTILITY.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE TEST RESULTS IN DETAIL. SHE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND WAS FRANK ABOUT MY WIFE & I FERTILITY TREATMENTS. FIRST MY AFRICAN AMERICAN WIFE WAS SEEING HER FOUND OUT THAT HER FIBROIDS PREVENTED HER FROM FURTHER TREATMENT. THEN I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME. WE WERE USING DONOR SPERM FROM THE CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK, SOMETIMES IT IS MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH IUI'S USING LIVE SPERM.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THEY WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
TOO MANY PATIENTS, LONG WAIT TIMES. APPOINTMENT TIMES WERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT OBSERVED. YOU WOULD HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 8AM AND NOT BE TAKEN IN TILL 830 AND NOT SEEN FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HR. ALSO THEY HAD SATURDAY HOURS BUT NOT SUNDAY. SO YOUR CYCLE NEEDED TO BE WORKED AROUND SUNDAY CLOSURE AND AVAIL APPOINTMENT TIMES.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
EACH CYCLE ENDED UP BEING ABOUT $1450.00. ~ 5 VISITS $40 COPAY, $250 FOR MEDS & $1000 FOR SPERM. SO FOR 5 CYCLES IT WAS APPROX $7250. NOT COUNTING THE TIME OFF WORK AND THE GAS DRIVING TO THE KAISER FACILITY ON SUNSET FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Ellen Goldstein
Treated 2017
One of the things that I would advise future patients with dr. Park make sure you be on top of every little test that she sends you to do so you can get results quickly make sure that you can be in contact with her by email so you can get better service since Kaiser just do appointments you need to be calling just make sure that every little thing that she sent you to two do for testing it's done and send email to confirm
Every time Alma [a nurse at Kaiser] and I spoke through the phone she was very nice make sure that every little thing that needed to be communicated to me was done repeated it more than twice as if I have any questions any concerns for me to let her know and she will transfer the information to dr. Park after me getting my tube tests done I was in a lot of pain I call her make sure that If I had to take any kind of pills she said no the following day she called just wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing she gave me so much information make sure that I was doing good make sure that I was okay call me the next day to check up on me very attentive with me love the communication that I had with Alma
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
At the beginning dr. Park was really attentive she gave us as much information as she could she gave us hope just with the whole situation of my husband going through diabetes after going to the second visit she really did not know what was going on with the visit that my husband had with the specialist she kind of told us that there was no hope because he was diabetic the only way of doing this was IVF artificial insemination was not a 100% sure she gave us 0% on success with this what I really liked about dr. Park she was willing to try doing artificial insemination even though the percentage was very low IVF was our last resource since she told us it was kind of expensive so at this point my only hope is to do IVF I still believe that we can try artificial insemination even with a lowe rate of success as I told dr. Park we've been trying for three years we've been married for three years and we've been trying to conceive naturally but since my husband is diabetic not having sperm come out I really believe that dr. Park is giving me the correct information to proceed with IVF I know IVF could be expensive in a long journey but we're willing to try every bit of Hope
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She explained to us as much as she could .still working with us to see how much she could do for us. Chances are so small but she gave us hope.
Describe the protocols Alice Park used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
The plan to proceed for fertilization was for my husband to start taking pills to produce sperm after having test done with sperm and urine test for my husband we were going to proceed with me having artificial insemination since hast been kind of impossible for my husband to produce sperm we have not been able to do any kind of artificial insemination The Next Step she told us to do was IVF and IVF is just out of the question at this point with us we're waiting on some urine test to come back to see if they're able to do artificial insemination with the urine since sperm is going to the urine
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Alma)
Every time Alma and I spoke through the phone she was very nice make sure that every little thing that needed to be communicated to me was done repeated it more than twice as if I have any questions any concerns for me to let her know and she will transfer the information to dr. Park after me getting my tube tests done I was in a lot of pain I call her make sure that If I had to take any kind of pills she said no the following day she called just wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing she gave me so much information make sure that I was doing good make sure that I was okay call me the next day to check up on me very attentive with me love the communication that I had with Alma
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have been with Kaiser for the past year I like the whole system that Kaiser has since everything is done in Kaiser test team lab everything that needs to be done is done there the only thing that I don't like is no walk-ins make sure we call in every time we have to see doctor Park every time we have an appointment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our cause with dr. Park was not expensive since we have insurance through my husband's work the only copies we did was $5 every time we went to visit her no lab pay the only thing that is not a cover through our insurance is IVF
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The day my husband took in his urine test to make sure if sperm was in the urine they didn't even know what to do with the urine we had to go and talk to dr. Park and dr. Park didn't know any kind of results with the urine didn't show that they received the urine so since we have been struggling with sperm every little thing that we had to show sperm it was lost nobody has called us back with urine results and still waiting for the specialist to call
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Lin - when she was available to meet - always took time and care. The issue is that she's not always available and care gets handed around to other doctor's, and then it's your responsibility as the patient to make sure everyone's on the same page. Being stressed doesn't help this, and sometimes details can get lost...Each doctor has their own style of treatment - Dr. Lin's is very conservative but she explains everything that's going on and the risks of alternate courses of treatment...
[Kaiser - SD has...] Limited office hours especially on the weekends. Staff is friendly and wants to be helpful. Sometimes details get lost...The ladies in the office are really great in person and over the phone they're helpful. I've had a few times where I've had to explain a situation that's long and reception needed to condense my message - details get lost, so I try to boil down the issue and resolution needed. Not always easy when you're dealing with all the hormones/high stakes...
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She's very thorough. As I mentioned in another section, when your care gets handed off to another doctor that's when issues occur. Each doctor has their own style of treatment - Dr. Lin's is very conservative but she explains everything that's going on and the risks of alternate courses of treatment.
Make sure you get each appointment with her or Dr. Yoo.
Describe the protocols Li-Shei Lin used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Because of my PCOS they were very light to start with IUI injectables, but when I pushed back they were receptive to upping dosage and explaining why (though that took several calls and messages to get a call back).
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
$20 copay (with very good health insurance coverage)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Notes that one doctor wrote down were misinterpreted by another doctor - caused issues when care had to be handed between physicians. They failed to catch a class C medication I was taking and I had to wait 6 months to start infertility treatment. Requests for calls back often get translated into messages through KP.org.
Treated 2011 - 2012
Dr Yoo was awesome! He is a good teacher and explained everything so well. He was always candid with us and even after our failed IUI was very frank with us and spent a lot of time (probably an hour or so) going over our options in detail. He would give us printed out copies of journal articles if I wanted more info. He was amazing!... We first started a cycle with clomid that was going well, but the clomid made me start seeing things. We had to cancel the cycle and go to injectables (menopur) as a result.
Since it is Kaiser they aren’t open all weekend and IUI is done on different locations than IVF. They don’t have their own lab but share with another clinic. At the time (may have changed now) they were unable to do fresh PGS transfers as they had to send them to another lab for testing.... Dagmar was amazing! She always returned emails and phone calls right away. She was kind and compassionate. She remembered me every appiontment. You could see that she truly cared for us and wanted us to be successful.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions! He will give you the answers! But be sure to find out beforehand if he will be the on doing you IUI day of beforehand so you are not taken off guard. As it is a Kaiser clinic, Dr Yoo has little control over things like who works on the weekend.
Dr Yoo remembered us every time we saw him. His staff remembered me too. They were very careful to go over all the details of everything happening during the process. They even gave us an hcg shot in clinic and let us pay them back later as we had to trigger earlier than was expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Dagmar)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our IUI cycle was covered by insurance. So all in all for our 2 cycles (one was canceled but we still did all the monitoring appointments and blood draws) we spent about $1900 total on testing, visit co-pays, and medication.
San Diego

She [Dr. Ghahremani] made it seem that the IUI won’t really help me. She did offer to do a separate consultation with her and discuss the possibility of IVF. When I asked what is it that can be causing failed IUI treatments. She said that it was way too many things that could be causing my unexplained infertility...I didn’t think the treatment was personalized to me. they did standard tests, but maybe if they had a more personalized approach, the treatment could have helped.
Liz [nurse at Kaiser Permanente] is amazing. She always made each procedure feel natural. I always left hopeful...The strength of Kaiser: lots of things can be done in one place (lab, pharmacy, treatment) The weakness: too standardized of an approach and very Very limited flexibility in terms of appointments. I always had to take a lot of time off work. I wish they were open before 8am and closed later than 4pm. Those hours made it very difficult to get to the clinic. Also, they’re not open on Saturdays, which is not good since the woman’s cycle doesn’t abide by days of week. I felt that sometimes it would have been better (my cycle wise) for me to come in on a Saturday.
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The doctor is very open and compassionate. However, I left feeling a bit defeated after each visit. She made it seem that the IUI won’t really help me. She did offer to do a separate consultation with her and discuss the possibility of IVF. When I asked what is it that can be causing failed IUI treatments. She said that it was way too many things that could be causing my unexplained infertility. I understand that they can’t say much and maybe it’s the way Kaiser handles things, but even though I felt like I was being treated well, I didn’t think the treatment was personalized to me. they did standard tests, but maybe if they had a more personalized approach, the treatment could have helped.
Keep asking questions.
The doctor was very open with me and took the time to discuss things with me.
Everything seemed very standard.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Liz Vargas )
Liz is amazing. She always made each procedure feel natural. I always left hopeful.
Mandana Ghahremani
Treated 2016 - 2018
I felt all my questions were answered, no matter how silly. In addition, our progress was very stop and go in the beginning while we try to figure out financial stuff, but even if it was 6 months later, he [Dr. Yoo] still responded to emails quickly and knew exactly what we were referring too. I felt he remembered our case and that is extremely valuable to me.... My husband and I are on the younger side, but I still felt he took us just as seriously.
We’ve just started treatment, but everyone so far (financial, Kaiser coordinating nurse, etc.) has been wonderful and full of information. At this time, we haven’t even signed the dotted line or paid a penny and everyone I’ve spoken to has given us great information about nutrition, supplements, etc. so we can be in the best shape once we start.... We’ve been given an estimate of $13,200 for the full IVF cycle (monitoring, retrieval, ICSI, embryology, freezing) and $3,000 for each FET.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My experiences so far have been great. He was kind and warm, but the information given was very straightforward. I always felt my questions were answered and that he was listening. My husband and I are on the younger side, but I still felt he took us just as seriously.
Never be afraid I reach out and ask questions, even through email. He always responds quickly, thoroughly and nicely.
I felt all my questions were answered, no matter how silly. In addition, our progress was very stop and go in the beginning while we try to figure out financial stuff, but even if it was 6 months later, he still responded to emails quickly and knew exactly what we were referring too. I felt he remembered our case and that is extremely valuable to me.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
We’ve been given an estimate of $13,200 for the full IVF cycle (monitoring, retrieval, ICSI, embryology, freezing) and $3,000 for each FET. Medications are separate and I was quoted about $3000-4000 for one IVF cycle and one FET. Embryo storage is $40/month for 2 years, after that it increases to about $60/month.
San Diego

Dr Ketefian however always seemed to take her time and did not seem rushed. She never looked at the clock and was genuinely interested in answering all my questions.... Her strengths include her ability to answer your questions thoroughly and patience with making sure your questions are answered. A drawback is that she won’t email you directly but answers through her nursing staff.... Come with questions because she will make sure you leave her appointment with a good understanding of your situation.
the clinic’s [Kaiser] strength is their ability to get you an appointment on time so that you don’t miss important cycle days. They respond really quickly with regards to emails. Their weaknesses include getting different providers every time you go in. At times, nurses appear unaware of who is taking which patient.... I wish they can be more personable and remember your name. Every clinic visit resulted in a new nurse assignment.
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Doctors took time to answer my questions but other staff seemed cold and not as friendly. Dr Ketefian however always seemed to take her time and did not seem rushed. She never looked at the clock and was genuinely interested in answering all my questions.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I am Not sure of treatment strategies. It seems to be on an individual basis. I nsinly Did IUIs in her clinic which resulted in negative pregnancies. However, an additional follow up consultation was made to restrategize a new treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
the clinic’s strength is their ability to get you an appointment on time so that you don’t miss important cycle days. They respond really quickly with regards to emails. Their weaknesses include getting different providers every time you go in. At times, nurses appear unaware of who is taking which patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have Dual coverage so i had A zero copay.
Describe Aline Ketefian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Aline Ketefian
Treated 2016
Dr. Park was very informative and gave me the step by step options we can approach our plans. I felt like it was more of a verbatim from the clinic's way of doing things and not adjusted to my own body's needs...She was my main doctor for all my 6 IUIs starting with clomid and gradually to injections. She was encouraging and comforting every step of the way. She did what she could do for me and I truly appreciated it. Since Kaiser follows a protocol I am sure there's limited choices/tests she could give me. She gave me the facts and tried her best.
[Nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal were] Very sensitive to my needs...My insurance covered all the costs...was wonderful and ran the system very well. They were professional and responded quickly for all the calls. Kaiser Fontana were limited on their services and patients would have different doctors if Dr. Park was not available...I felt like it was more of a verbatim from the clinic's way of doing things and not adjusted to my own body's needs.
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I saw Dr. Park when she was working at Kaiser Fertility Fontana in late 2016. She was my main doctor for all my 6 IUIs starting with clomid and gradually to injections. She was encouraging and comforting every step of the way. She did what she could do for me and I truly appreciated it. Since Kaiser follows a protocol I am sure there's limited choices/tests she could give me. She gave me the facts and tried her best.
Go in with questions to ask her and all interventions she could/would explore to understand your fertility health status.
Dr. Park started with 2 cycles of clomid and kept adding more injections amount during the next 4 months. Finally my last cycle I had 3 follicles and did not result in any pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Very sensitive to my needs.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I saw Dr. Park at Kaiser so I have no opinions for the Loma Linda Clinic. Kaiser Fontana was wonderful and ran the system very well. They were professional and responded quickly for all the calls. Kaiser Fontana were limited on their services and patients would have different doctors if Dr. Park was not available.
My insurance covered all the costs.
Describe Alice Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
none
Fontana
Dr. Yoo was nice, but I felt like he had a set protocol that he uses on everyone. He didn't really make any recommendations on diet or supplements, we had to find out more about those things on our own. ... At one consultation, Dr. Yoo pulled up the chart for a different patient and started to go over their results with us before he noticed the mistake. ... Menopur for stimulation, then progesterone suppositories.
The staff [Kaiser] was pretty awesome, very friendly and went out of their way to help us. ... Strengths: The nurses are great. Large, well trained company. Weaknesses: Standardized protocol for everyone. Long line at pharmacy. Even though the IUI itself was covered under insurance, the medication is still expensive. ... They [nursing staff] were really positive and I felt like they were really doing their best for us. One nurse even gave us her personal cell number, just in case, even though she was retiring in a few weeks!
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Keep your expectation low, IUI is not a high percentage procedure.
The staff was pretty awesome, very friendly and went out of their way to help us.
Menopur for stimulation, then progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
They were really positive and I felt like they were really doing their best for us. One nurse even gave us her personal cell number, just in case, even though she was retiring in a few weeks!
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Perhaps $2000 for the medication, everything was covered under insurance.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Lin was very helpful in diagnosing my pcos, where other doctors had been unable to do so. She has always been kind and helpful. Even though we have not had success in getting pregnant with Dr Lin, I am so grateful that I was able to be diagnosed and taken seriously.... We started out with just Clomid. We added iui after a couple cycles because it was covered and Dr Lin thought it would improve our chances.... Ask questions and be upfront about your health outside of your fertility
The clinic [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] had great communication and was prompt at returning calls and emails. A weakness is that they are only open Monday through Friday, with the exception of monitoring on Saturdays, only on injectables cycles. So it was harder to schedule iui and monitoring.... I had a $30 copay per visit and medications were between $15-35.... Dr Lin was very helpful in diagnosing my pcos, where other doctors had been unable to do so.
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions and be upfront about your health outside of your fertility
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic had great communication and was prompt at returning calls and emails. A weakness is that they are only open Monday through Friday, with the exception of monitoring on Saturdays, only on injectables cycles. So it was harder to schedule iui and monitoring.
I had a $30 copay per visit and medications were between $15-35.
Treated 2015
DR. PARK WAS HONEST AND UP FRONT WITH ME. WHEN I DECIDED TO STOP TREATMENT SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER ALL THE OPTIONS FOR ME INCLUDING IVF AND EMBRYO ADOPTION.... I STARTED WITH CLOMID TO SEE IF IT WORK. AFTER THAT I USED INJECTABLES AND EACH CYCLE IT WOULD INCREASE. MY EGGS WOULD NOT GOOD QUALITY SO DR. PARKS THEORY THE MORE EGGS THE MORE OF CHANCE
THE STRENGTHS [at Kaiser] WERE THEY WERE WARM AND FRIENDLY THIER WEAKNESS WWAS THAT THE STAFF WAS CHANGING ALOT.... THEY LOST MY HUSBANDS SPERM SAMPLE.... I STARTED WITH CLOMID TO SEE IF IT WORK. AFTER THAT I USED INJECTABLES AND EACH CYCLE IT WOULD INCREASE. MY EGGS WOULD NOT GOOD QUALITY SO DR. PARKS THEORY THE MORE EGGS THE MORE OF CHANCE
How was your experience with Alice Park at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
ALICE PARK TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE RISK AND CHANCES OF AN IUI WORKING. SHE WAS CARING AND TOOK THE TIME TO LISTEN SHE WAS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY AND EVEN GAVE ME WAYS TO CUT COST SHE WAS AGGRESSIVE WHEN THE TREATMENT DIDN'T WORK BY UPPING THE DOSES. SHE
GO IN WITH A OPEN MIND. ASK QUESTIONS, HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT EXPECT THE WORST
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THE NURSING STAFF WAS WARM AND FREINDLY.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THE STRENGTHS WERE THEY WERE WARM AND FRIENDLY THIER WEAKNESS WWAS THAT THE STAFF WAS CHANGING ALOT
THEY LOST MY HUSBANDS SPERM SAMPLE