7.2

3250 Fordham St
San Diego, CA 92110
1-800-290-5000

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Baker treats me like she cares about my treament and has great bedside manner. My appointments with her never seem rushed... is thorough with my treatment. She reviews my progress and adjusts as needed for the most positive outcome. Dr. Baker makes sure that I understand the process and treatments and answers all questions I may have... My sixth IUI was a postive. Lovenox was prescribed to reduce the risk of a chemical pregnancy this round. After two weeks on Lovenox I had a reaction so I was switched to Progesterone injections.
I would say a positive thing about Kaiser is the use of an EHR (electronic health record) Doctors and nurses are able to be on the same page with regards to a patient's treatment which makes things run smoothly and efficiently...Typically every appointment I see the same nurses for my appointment or in the department. They are all friendly and helpfull. There was one appoinment though that there was a new nurse in the department that I had not seen before. She was mixing up patient names. I understand accidents happen but having a 'Jane the Virgin' situation would not be good for anyone.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Baker is thorough with my treatment. She reviews my progress and adjusts as needed for the most positive outcome. Dr. Baker makes sure that I understand the process and treatments and answers all questions I may have.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Be patient with the process. It's not the same for everyone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Marsha Baker used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
My first round, I was put on clomid. Negative result. Second round, I was put on Letrozole and then it was changed to Menopur due to my body not reacting to the last two medications. Second IUI was also a negative. Even though the test came out a negative, I had the best reaction to Menopur so I was put on Menopur my third round. I had a checmical pregnancy on my third IUI. Since my third IUI did come out as positve, Dr. Baker continued the Menopur for my fourth round with Novarel added. The end resulted in another chemical pregnancy. Fifth round was with the same meds and results were the same as the fourth round. Based off the results of rounds three, four, and five, Dr. Baker could see there was progress being made, so we tried another round of IUI with the same meds as previously. My sixth IUI was a postive. Lovenox was prescribed to reduce the risk of a chemical pregnancy this round. After two weeks on Lovenox I had a reaction so I was switched to Progesterone injections. In between I had ultrasounds done to check my pregnancy and the baby is growing and making progress, so I was offically discharged from REI at a little over my eight week mark to see a OB-GYN.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I would say a positive thing about Kaiser is the use of an EHR (electronic health record) Doctors and nurses are able to be on the same page with regards to a patient's treatment which makes things run smoothly and efficiently. A weakness would be the location of treament and medications. (This is just my personal experience. It may not be the same for everyone) Because fertility treaments are not offered near me, I have to drive at least an hour depending on traffic to my appointments and they are sometimes back to back or at least a couple of times a week. Also, because treatments are not offered near me, neither are the medications. Sometimes I have to hang around for hours after my appointment waiting for the clinic to consult with my main doctor on my treatment on whether my medications may be changed or not so I can go to the pharmacy for it. There has been times I made it all the way home and had to drive back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My care is covered under my insurance except my co-pay.
Treated 2016 - 2019
With every cycle and even leading up to the cycles, she [Dr. Dhesi] had a plan and a plan that she explained in depth to us so we knew just what to expect. With every unsuccessful cycle she adjusted the plan to see how we can get better results the next time. Her staff has always been accommodating and kind. ... She was thorough, knowledgeable and kind. We were so nervous and had no clue what to expect but she did her best to keep us at ease
Even though they [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] are busy, they still manage to make you feel like they care and not like a number on their list. Because they are busy, they tend to sometimes be crowded or have a longer wait time, this just means that you have to be a little more flexible, you have to just come when they have an availability (get in where you fit it) rather than them accommodating your schedule.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
With every cycle and even leading up to the cycles, she had a plan and a plan that she explained in depth to us so we knew just what to expect. With every unsuccessful cycle she adjusted the plan to see how we can get better results the next time. Her staff has always been accommodating and kind. Kaiser covers 6 IUI's but she does not recommend that we do 6. We have done 3 thus far and will do 1 more soon, hoping it's finally "The One". I am happy to have come across DR. Dhesi, she has helped me understand fertility so well and I am grateful, even if we have not had a successful pregnancy YET, I am still glad. I did get pregnant last year but it was not through IUI or any fertility assistance. It was 1 month after our 3rd IUI but I miscarried at 8 weeks. It's been a rough recovery but we are ready to try again and I hope and pray that my body just recognizes what to do. I am definitely going to do my 4th & final IUI with Dr. Dhesi in the upcoming months.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
DON'T wait!! We started seeing Dr. Dhesi for a consultation and testing in late 2015 then prolonged the"getting ready" for IUI (the procedures, medications, additional bloodwork, etc.) because we felt like we had time. We finally did our 1st IUI in Jan 2018 assuming it would just work but it didn't. Time goes by so quickly and you think you have time but you don't. The truth is, this is a hard process, it's an emotional roller coaster and many times you feel alone, broken and hopeless but you are not. Feel your feelings but don;t snooze for too long, like we have. Also, ask as many questions as you want and need to. I would write questions down and save them in my phone so that I could remember to ask the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
From the very first consultation with her I knew she was a great doctor. She was thorough, knowledgeable and kind. We were so nervous and had no clue what to expect but she did her best to keep us at ease.
Describe the protocols Amy Dhesi used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Low Clomid dosage, but quickly increased. I produced 1 egg that cycle. Cycle 2: Increased Clomid dosage and added Menopur injections. Also produced 1 egg that cycle. Cycle 3: Only used Menopur injections (no more Clomid) and also started taking progesterone suppositories. It looked like I may have 2-3 eggs but by the end of the cycle only 1 matured.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This is a busy clinic, they have many patients but they are always kind and as accommodating as possible. They follow up when they say they will.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I live in the Antelope Valley and this is the closest Kaiser Fertility Clinic to me, they are busy, think of all they are covering. Even though they are busy, they still manage to make you feel like they care and not like a number on their list. Because they are busy, they tend to sometimes be crowded or have a longer wait time, this just means that you have to be a little more flexible, you have to just come when they have an availability (get in where you fit it) rather than them accommodating your schedule. It's not that they don't want to, the do accommodate you when possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have been fortunate enough that our Kaiser Plan has covered the costs thus far. If we move on to IVF, we will need to be referred out of Kaiser and cover all the costs out of pocket.
Amy Dhesi
Los Angeles
The world needs more doctors like Dr. Rubal. She knows how to connect with her patients and create a safe feeling environment. She ensures you walk out of the appointment feeling confident and educated. ... Dr. Rubal is such a warm and genuine doctor. She walks in the room and wants to make a connection with her patients while creating the best plan of action. She always asked for our thoughts and feelings throughout the process.
The clinic [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] does an excellent job of getting you scheduled and keeping open various lines of communication. They are quick to call or email back and willing to work with your schedule. You know what your billing is up front and can take care of it right away when leaving. They are also very welcoming and friendly.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The world needs more doctors like Dr. Rubal. She knows how to connect with her patients and create a safe feeling environment. She ensures you walk out of the appointment feeling confident and educated. Infertility can be scary but having her as our doctor made for a positive experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions, she does an excellent jobs ensuring she answers any questions you have and makes herself available through email for any after thoughts or concerns once you have left your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Lauren Alexandra Rubal used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
She watched my Menopur prescription closely changing the dosages as needed for optimal results leading up to our IUI. She kept a close watch on our follicle count and growth ensuring safety and making changes to the plan as needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Dr.Rubal’s nursing staff is awesome. They have such positive attitudes and made you feel like they genuinely cared about what you were going through. When good results came in they showed excitement and it really added to our experience.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic does an excellent job of getting you scheduled and keeping open various lines of communication. They are quick to call or email back and willing to work with your schedule. You know what your billing is up front and can take care of it right away when leaving. They are also very welcoming and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our insurance covered 50% of our office visits and procedures.
Irvine
While I’ve only seen Dr. Jabara twice, he has always demonstrated kindness and positivity. It feels like he’s on your side. But he’s also direct and I appreciate that. I get my questions answered and know all of the statistics and risks. I appreciate feeling knowledgeable when I leave every visit...He appreciates when patients are their own advocate and know that they want to partner with him...It’s been explained to us that we have a 2% chance of conceiving naturally each month and a 15% with each IUI cycle. I will complete one more cycle, and then if no success, my husband and I will meet with Dr. Jabara and see what our next step is.
Nurse Aura [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal] is wonderful! She’s actually the one who’s treated me for my last two cycles...She answers my questions, has a positive attitude and makes me feel comfortable...$550 per IUI cycle with Clomid and trigger shot...I love how the front desk team always greets you with a smile and positive attitude. They make the payment and account process very easy. They communicate effectively and kindly. I don’t have any constructive criticism for them because they’re the best.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask all the questions that you have—he’ll answer all of the them. He appreciates when patients are their own advocate and know that they want to partner with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
From the moment I walked into the Kaiser Fertility Clinic, I am greeted with kindness and positivity. The nurses when taking my vitals are patient. The nurse practitioner who actually has treated me answers all of my questions and explains things very thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I’m in the middle of my protocol treatment which is three IUI cycles with 100mg of Clomid. I completed two which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I’ve responded well to the medication—feeling only a bit more irritable and some hot flashes. It’s been explained to us that we have a 2% chance of conceiving naturally each month and a 15% with each IUI cycle. I will complete one more cycle, and then if no success, my husband and I will meet with Dr. Jabara and see what our next step is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Aura )
Nurse Aura is wonderful! She’s actually the one who’s treated me for my last two cycles. She’s the best. She answers my questions, has a positive attitude and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
$550 per IUI cycle with Clomid and trigger shot.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I appreciate that although she has several patients, that she knows where we've left off, and what our plan is moving forward. I also saw Dr. Rubal at almost every single one of my ultrasounds during my two IUI cycles. There was only one time that I saw a different doctor...I appreciated the way Dr. Rubal explained everything to my husband and I at our initial consultation. From there, each time we met, I always felt like she answered all my questions, and gave me clear plans on where we should go next, without feeling forced that it was our only plan of action. I still felt like it was my decision to make for each part of the process, with a clear and understandable plan and guidance on what we should do.
Although you primarily see the same nurses [at Kaiser Permanente], everyone is so friendly and helpful. Anytime I had a question, I would email through my online portal, and always got a response within 24 hours...I took a break after my second failed IUI, and thankfully so, it was good timing because I was told that they are no longer able to help patients during this time as they are completely overwhelmed with patients. I am currently still waiting for my cycle to begin, but I'm not sure if they are able to take patients (current or new) at this time still. I really hope that I will be able to continue working with Dr. Rubal if we choose to do another IUI.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I appreciated the way Dr. Rubal explained everything to my husband and I at our initial consultation. From there, each time we met, I always felt like she answered all my questions, and gave me clear plans on where we should go next, without feeling forced that it was our only plan of action. I still felt like it was my decision to make for each part of the process, with a clear and understandable plan and guidance on what we should do. I liked that I actually saw Dr. Rubal on every single one of my appointments, except one ultrasound. I was told I may see different doctors during my IUI cycles because I was going in for ultrasounds so frequently. During my first IUI procedure, I was really nervous, not really knowing what to expect. Dr. Rubal made it very comfortable, by explaining exactly what she was doing, and walking me through the process. There were no surprises and made the process very comfortable. Dr. Rubal really knows what she's doing, and even though we haven't gotten pregnant yet, I really like working with Dr. Rubal.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any.
I always feel like Dr. Rubal knows exactly who I am, where we are in my plan, and where we are going. I appreciate that although she has several patients, that she knows where we've left off, and what our plan is moving forward. I also saw Dr. Rubal at almost every single one of my ultrasounds during my two IUI cycles. There was only one time that I saw a different doctor, when I was told that I may see different doctors throughout my cycle for my scans.
My case being a bit unique, I appreciated that Dr. Rubal looked into what would be the best protocol for me specifically. Although I am only 30, I never felt like she categorized me as "you're so young, you'll be fine" or anything of that nature. She took me seriously, and allowed me to be my own advocate. With my history of elevated LFTs, we jumped straight to an all injections round for IUI instead of using clomid or letrazole which could have irritated/inflammed my liver further. After months of working on getting my LFTs to stabilize, we used menopur (1-3 vials/night) to get my follicles to mature. Each cycle (we did 2), the plan was "slow & steady". With having PCOS, I have no shortage of follicles, and we wanted to be sure we didn't over stimulate. My first IUI cycle, I had 1 mature follicle before trigger, and the second IUI cycle, I had 2 (almost 3) mature follicles before trigger. Each cycle, I had a hard time thickening my lining, and therefore that could have been a reason for no implantation, but can't be certain. Although I didn't get pregnant from either cycle, I am aware of the percentage of success with IUI and therefore we are contemplating doing another IUI or moving onto IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
All the nurses are wonderful at this facility! Although you primarily see the same nurses, everyone is so friendly and helpful. Anytime I had a question, I would email through my online portal, and always got a response within 24 hours. While Dr. Rubal was out on maternity leave, I was still able to contact the nurses to get in touch with the other doctors who were filling in for her, and I didn't feel like there was a lapse in treatment. Although I didn't seek much treatment during her leave, due to waiting for my cycle to start, anytime I reached out to the nursing staff with questions, I always got a response on what I should do. I especially loved the receptionist, Elizabeth, who was always so friendly and kind, and easy to work with. When you're really nervous, checking into the "INFERTILITY DEPARTMENT" can be a bit overwhelming, and even more nerve wracking. Elizabeth always has a smile on her face, and remembered my name and made me feel welcomed and like a friend.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I started seeking treatment in August of 2018, and each time I had an appointment, I checked in 15 minutes early, and was always seen on time and there was hardly a wait. Through my first IUI cycle, in June 2019-July 2019, the response was still very quick, and wait times were minimal, with my ultrasound appointments only being 5-10 minutes at most. This was helpful, since my ultrasounds were early in the morning, before jetting to work and trying to get to work on time. During my second cycle, patients from another Kaiser facility were sent to the Kaiser Irvine facility while one of the doctors was out of the office, and the office really became crowded and flooded in with patients. The wait times after check-in became longer, and the wait times in the rooms became longer as well. Sometimes, the wait was 45 minutes to an hour before being seen by the doctor. It became more overwhelming when one of the doctors left in August. I took a break after my second failed IUI, and thankfully so, it was good timing because I was told that they are no longer able to help patients during this time as they are completely overwhelmed with patients. I am currently still waiting for my cycle to begin, but I'm not sure if they are able to take patients (current or new) at this time still. I really hope that I will be able to continue working with Dr. Rubal if we choose to do another IUI.
My insurance only covers 50% of infertility (no coverage on IVF), so my copays were about $160 and meds were still very expensive.
Irvine
She [Dr. Lauren Rubal] has been incredible to work with. She's always very thorough and takes the time to answer all my questions. She's very cautious when developing treatment plans and I truly feel like she always has my best interest in mind. Infertility is a long, hard journey but having the right doctor on my side has made it a little easier. She follows new studies and research and always has new insights to offer. I've seen 3 other infertility doctors and she is by far the best which is why i'm willing to travel 1.5 hours to see her. I highly recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility.
The clinic [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] has a great program in place. They are affordable, the facilities are clean and the pharmacy always has the medications I need for my treatment. I also love that they offer Saturday appointments and very early morning appointments so I can go in before work without affecting my schedule too much...The nursing staff is very nice and compassionate. They are quick to return emails and are accommodating when scheduling appointments.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
have been treated by Dr. Rubal for about two years. She has been incredible to work with. She's always very thorough and takes the time to answer all my questions. She's very cautious when developing treatment plans and I truly feel like she always has my best interest in mind. Infertility is a long, hard journey but having the right doctor on my side has made it a little easier. She follows new studies and research and always has new insights to offer. I've seen 3 other infertility doctors and she is by far the best which is why i'm willing to travel 1.5 hours to see her. I highly recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility.
Feel free to ask a lot of questions and let her know if you have any concerns so she can address them. She's always very thorough and happy to provide insight.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic has a great program in place. They are affordable, the facilities are clean and the pharmacy always has the medications I need for my treatment. I also love that they offer Saturday appointments and very early morning appointments so I can go in before work without affecting my schedule too much.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Rubal recommended that simply try again as the fibroids were large but not in a bad location. I was very stressed out and she talked me thru my anxiety and stress. She was supportive of me doing a few homeopathic things to help with my lining. We did a second FET and everything went great. Dr. Rubal even came in on her day off to do the transfer!! I so appreciated it. My pregnancy test came back positive but a bit weak. We did 2 more test which were positive...I had an immediate connection with Dr. Rubal and she made me feel like a friend. She had a genuine concern for me and my journey.
the staff [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal] was warm, welcoming, and professional...it was mostly the same 2 or 3 nurses the office is a bit more open there so there was a friendly face every visit...Kaiser's clinics are a bit sterile etc. but they are clean and well kept...I follow Dr. Rubal to the Reproductive Fertility Center to do IVF. I was very happy to be able to continue using Dr. Rubal and not having to change (Kaiser doesn't do IVF)...My Kaiser plan covered 50% and 50% of the medications. It was about $2000 with appointments and medication for the IUI...The hospital had everything you needed there for blood draws, medication, etc. which is really convenient.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I could not have asked for a better experience. Dr. Rubal held my hand the whole way. I felt like she was there for me. The process is stressful on so many levels. She was a good listener. She was able to reassure me when I thought I'd made mistakes. She was patient with me when I had her paged at home because I was panicking about something. She was able to talk me thru pros and cons of different treatments. She was very good at making sure the treatment plan took into account the whole picture.
She is very warm and outgoing. If you want to feel like you are getting help from a friend she's for you.
I had an immediate connection with Dr. Rubal and she made me feel like a friend. She had a genuine concern for me and my journey. I was very nervous about my decision to have a baby on my own. I attribute a big part of my courage to continue on my journey to the welcome reception I received from Dr. Rubal and her patience and understanding. Her warm and welcoming attitude was mirrored by her nurse assistance and everyone she worked with. She really created a comforting environment.
Unfortunately, I've waited to do this review and I don't remember the specific protocols etc. I am/was older when I got started. I was intent on just doing it as "natural" as possible. Dr. Rubal was totally fine doing it that way. After one IUI it became apparent my cycle was incredible erratic and in the interest of saving money on office visit waiting for me to ovulate we started a medicated cycle. We used clomid and I think that was it. On my 3rd IUI we were a little more aggressive. After 3 IUI I was required to have a consultation. At the consultation Dr. Rubal was very honest and explain that based on my age it was recommended that I start trying IVF. However, she knew money was a big issue for me and also said that we could keep trying IUI (Once I started the process I had mentally decided I would try 5 times.) and she recommended some medications for that but I don't remember. While waiting for my next cycle I decided I wanted to do IVF. I follow Dr. Rubal to the Reproductive Fertility Center to do IVF. I was very happy to be able to continue using Dr. Rubal and not having to change (Kaiser doesn't do IVF). I had a very successful Egg Retrieval. However, my first FET was cancelled due to poor uterine lining. I was disappointed. The egg retrieval made my fibroids grow quite large and were of a size to be removed. I had 2 when I first went in they were fairly small I don't remember the numbers. After the egg retrieval they were close to 5mm (I am guessing on the number it has been a year and a half). It was recommend as a possibility to remove they to improve my chances of conceiving. My age and financial situation made that a very difficult situation. Dr. Rubal recommended that simply try again as the fibroids were large but not in a bad location. I was very stressed out and she talked me thru my anxiety and stress. She was supportive of me doing a few homeopathic things to help with my lining. We did a second FET and everything went great. Dr. Rubal even came in on her day off to do the transfer!! I so appreciated it. My pregnancy test came back positive but a bit weak. We did 2 more test which were positive.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I worked with Dr. Rubal at Kaiser and at Reproductive Fertility Center. At both places the staff was warm, welcoming, and professional. At the Reproductive Fertility Center I did have one nurse as a point of contact via email and saw her most times but not all. At Kaiser it was mostly the same 2 or 3 nurses the office is a bit more open there so there was a friendly face every visit. Both places had amazing nurses and support staff. This department in Kaiser really uses the email system which is soooo great. I've been using Kaiser my whole life and the RE department has been the best so far at communication and quick response times.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser I really liked that they were so friendly, warm, and responsive. The major drawback being location. The facility is a distance from where I live. The hospital had everything you needed there for blood draws, medication, etc. which is really convenient. I liked that although Kaiser does not provide IVF that you could get that service across the street using the same Dr. I would not have liked having to start a new relationship with a doctor half way thru. Kaiser's clinics are a bit sterile etc. but they are clean and well kept. Reproductive Fertility Center was a little more homey and decorated nicer. It was expensive and they could have done more to help you mitigate the cost of your medications. For example they pharmacy they use has a discount program but no one pointed it out to me and so I didn't know to apply. Also, they use just one pharmacy and automatically put the prescriptions in. Somethings are available cheaper at Costco. They made it hard to comparison shop. It would only be an issue if you are paying out of pocket like me. (Kaiser I was covered) Otherwise the pharmacy was great just not the cheapest.
Describe Lauren Alexandra Rubal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
At my age at the time of transfer (42) I think it is sometimes recommended that you transfer 2 at the same time. Dr. Rubal said they were planning on just doing one and she felt that was the best coarse of action. After genetic testing I only had 2 embryos left of 11, so I felt if it didn't work having another egg to try again would be better. Also, I did a little research and found that while having 2 transfers upped your chances of becoming pregnant it did not increase your chance of carrying to a live birth. Lastly, as a single mom by choice I wanted to limit my chances of multiples.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Tracy Telles is very compassionate through all visits. She cares about your emotions during this process... She also tries different combinations of meds if the current ones are not working. She is open to switching them every cycle if it is needed, hoping that one combo will finally be the right one...She also administers IUI procedures with minimal pain. I’ve had other doctors perform my IUI and they have hurt me, but Telles is very gentle and quick.
Kaiser is not open on weekends so sometimes I worry that the procedures are not working because they try to do them too soon or too late for what my body really needs. It’s also hard to schedule appointments since they only have one person taking calls and scheduling and they are only open from 8:30-4:30. It’s difficult to schedule with work hours being the same...They’re [nursing staff] very friendly and always try to say positive things to keep me hopeful.
How was your experience with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tracy Telles is very nice and compassionate. She cares about your emotions throughout this stressful and sometimes heartbreaking process. She also administers IUI procedures with minimal pain. I’ve had other doctors perform my IUI and they have hurt me, but Telles is very gentle and quick. She also tries different combinations of meds if the current ones are not working. She is open to switching them every cycle if it is needed, hoping that one combo will finally be the right one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask her all of the questions that are on your mind. She’s very open to answering all of them to make sure you’re not left wondering anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Tracey Telles used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
She initially prescribed me clomid and an ovidrel shot to use before an IUI procedure. I have late ovulation and therefore a short luteal cycle which the ovidrel was supposed to help with. After developing cysts from the meds, she switched me to femara and the ovidrel shot before IUI. Next, since nothing has worked so far, she put me on femara with menpur shots daily for three days and then the ovidrel shot before IUI. Waiting to see what will happen next.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
They’re very friendly and always try to say positive things to keep me hopeful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have health coverage through work so it’s around $30 copay for each visit (around 3-4 each month) and then around $200 for meds and shots.
Tracey Telles
Treated 2017 - 2018
I loved Dr. Fong for her personality and relatability. She had a very calm aura and explained everything in a personable manner. I felt comfortable and trusted that I was in great hands with such a fragile experience... Dr. Fong was very relatable and listed to everything my partner and I had to say or ask, and in turn answered everything in a way we could understand but still very professionally. She went over options while keeping in mind our budget and how aggressive we could be with that monetary goal in mind.
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Fontana] was nice but did not have as much communication skills as the doctor. They did however go over the doctors notes to make sure I understood everything and let me know what to do for the next follow up appointment.... I love kaiser and wish I could keep them forever. Being as they are pricey and do not offer fertility to an outside buyer is the biggest downfall.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I loved Dr. Fong for her personality and relatability. She had a very calm aura and explained everything in a personable manner. I felt comfortable and trusted that I was in great hands with such a fragile experience. I would recommend her highly to any of my friends or family if they needed her services.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
To a prospective patient, I would say there’s no reason to be scared or nervous with Dr. Fong. She is the type that actually cares about you and listens and wants to give you the best treatment possible for the outcome you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff was nice but did not have as much communication skills as the doctor. They did however go over the doctors notes to make sure I understood everything and let me know what to do for the next follow up appointment
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I love kaiser and wish I could keep them forever. Being as they are pricey and do not offer fertility to an outside buyer is the biggest downfall. I was lucky enough to have 50% insurance coverage for a time enough to get to know they reproductive team
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The initial consultation for me was $150.00. Without insurance it would have been $300.00. I think their pricing is normal as far as other clinics I have looked into. The quality of the doctor and having 50% covered was a big thing for me at the time
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Sami Jabara] does give me in depth explanations about my care, and makes me feel a part of it...He's a very busy doctor, he tries to see as many people as he can in one day. It feels like he wants to help as many people as possible. But that means that many times he is in a rush, and that doesn't feel very comforting in such an emotional time. But when he has a moment he is encouraging and positive, but realistic about the goals.
The senior staff [at Kaiser Permanente] was pleasant, knowledgeable and supportive, the newer staff do not know what resources are at their disposal, so are not as effective at problem solving, or solving those problems in a timely fashion. But all are sincere and kind...Need a bigger office, more staff, because Kaiser has a very large population of infertile patients. The nurses are nice, they are compassionate. The main branch of Kaiser's infertility clinic at LAMC has its own social worker to emotionally support the patients and have a really knowledgeable RN case manager to assist with resources and support groups.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Strengths- Positive energy, encouraging, very knowledgeable. Weaknesses- Can be a little scatterbrained, spread thin seeing so many patients that it can border on impersonal. Does not make eye contact often.
Try to slow down and make patients feel like you are invested, know their care like the back of your hand.
He's a very busy doctor, he tries to see as many people as he can in one day. It feels like he wants to help as many people as possible. But that means that many times he is in a rush, and that doesn't feel very comforting in such an emotional time. But when he has a moment he is encouraging and positive, but realistic about the goals. He does give me in depth explanations about my care, and makes me feel a part of it.
When I first encountered Dr. Jabara, I had ovarian cysts, I was given estrogen to removed them but then it took me two to three months to ovulate. Then we tried clomid, the doctor said I didn't respond very well to it. Ovidrel and natural attempt. No pregnancy this trial. Next visit I saw the NP, was prescribed double the dose of clomid and started on Menopur 75mg. I came in weekly for estrogen monitoring and ultrasounds.I resulted in one follicle at 12, the other at 18mm. Ovidrel admin. My first IUI followed, negative pregnancy test. The third attempt I received 2 clomids and 150mg Menopur, resulting in two follicles final measurments of 10 and 16mm. Ovidrel administered.Second IUI performed, negative pregnancy test. Had a break one month. Then 2 months with no period, return of menses in December no treatment with return of period due to office policy not to start treament during the holidays. January natural cycle with ovidrel 1 follicle seen at 16mm. Negative pregnancy. Last cycle natural with 2 follicles at 15mm and 18mm. Ovidrel administered. Third IUI performed, chemical pregnancy with serum HCG 4, first ultrasound showed 45mm corpus luteum, and 6 cysts of varying degrees all &gt;20mm. Estrogen initiated on this 10 day long menstruation. No treatment this month, to return in April when next menstruation due. It is Dr.Jabara's thought that I have better responses to natural methods best, he suggested we may try Femara my next cycle. The pressure is on because he will no longer treat me after my 44th birthday.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The senior staff was pleasant, knowledgeable and supportive, the newer staff do not know what resources are at their disposal, so are not as effective at problem solving, or solving those problems in a timely fashion. But all are sincere and kind.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Clomid- $100 Ovidrel- $400 Menopur-$1000 IUI-$500 Blood tests-$300 Ultrasounds- $2000
Los Angeles
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She is kind and reassuring which puts you at ease. You don't feel that she is rushing through your questions to get to the next person.... Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She has candidly said that if a certain medication didn't work there were others to try and we might to increase the dosage on some. Since we are nearing the end of our cycles and still have not gotten pregnant we have to be realistic about the future of our treatment.
The facility is Kaiser and they've been pretty good about me calling in and responding to my questions. I like that you can call the fertility center and speak to the nurses and also email them. Their turnaround for responding is fast.... They have several doctors. At one point, they put me with someone else, and I requested to be put back with my doctor since she knew what was going on. I have gone to other doctors for follicle checks and IUIs and they've all been just as kind.
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She has candidly said that if a certain medication didn't work there were others to try and we might to increase the dosage on some. Since we are nearing the end of our cycles and still have not gotten pregnant we have to be realistic about the future of our treatment. She is kind and reasurring but I do have to be the one that asks what is next. I don't like to think that I'm being negative but I am more realistic about the situation. We are on our 3rd IUI and she did state that if this one didn't work we need to sit down for a consult and start discussing IVF which she said was "very expensive" which we already know.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions, do your research! If there is something going on with your body ask what you can do to facilitate the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Snunit Ben-Ozer used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Initially, we started with Clomid to see if that would help us get pregnant, which it didn't. We moved on to Clomid with the trigger shot, but each scan would show only one follicle growing. We decided that on the next cycle we would increase Clomid, do the trigger shot, and start on menopur, with the hope that I would get 2-3 full size follicles. This last IUI I still only had 1 follicle, so we did talk about increasing menopur if this cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I started my treatment at Kaiser, and most of the staff are friendly and informative. They definitely show compassion during this process. I say most, because I have encountered one who is not as warm as the others. She's not rude but definitely not inviting
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The facility is Kaiser and they've been pretty good about me calling in and responding to my questions. I like that you can call the fertility center and speak to the nurses and also email them. Their turnaround for responding is fast. I haven't been to any other clinic, but here, you see so many women come.in and out. They have several doctors. At one point, they put me with someone else, and I requested to be put back with my doctor since she knew what was going on. I have gone to other doctors for follicle checks and IUIs and they've all been just as kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Luckily, my insurance has covered the IUIs. All I have had to pay are my co-pays for the visits and meds
Describe Snunit Ben-Ozer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was scheduled for a a follicle check and a representative from the hospital called to cancel me since the doctor called out. I told her not to cancel my appointment because I was already there. Once I checked in they said someone else would see me.
Snunit Ben-Ozer
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Fong made my husband and I feel like we weren’t just another patient that goes through the office. On our first meeting we came out feeling like there was hope and unfortunately it hasn’t gone our way but Dr.Fong makes me feel in a never give up way when I see her.... She never sugar coated what I had she was very clear from day 1and I thank her for that. When I have a canceled treatment because my body wasn’t ready there was never any sense of that’s it let’s move on.
The clinic [Kaiser- Fontana] is very good they are usually very fast and really work hard to work with you. They are located next to the offices where the pregnant patients go to so it is a bit hard when your their to try to make a baby and right next to it is just a swarm of pregnant women. Other than that it is a great clinic.... They worked hard to work around you and make you feel as comfortable as they can make it. All were great.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Fong and her staff have made me feel like there not just there because it’s their job. They do this because they wanna help. Since the first meeting to every appointment and treatment I’ve had since Dr. Fong has answered all my questions with compassion and certainty. She never sugar coated what I had she was very clear from day 1and I thank her for that. When I have a canceled treatment because my body wasn’t ready there was never any sense of that’s it let’s move on. Instead she made me feel like this time it didn’t happen but we’re not giving up, she then would proceed with what can we do better. Dr. Fong has been a great Doctor since day one of meeting her.
Listen to all her advice,she really knows what she is doing.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic is very good they are usually very fast and really work hard to work with you. They are located next to the offices where the pregnant patients go to so it is a bit hard when your their to try to make a baby and right next to it is just a swarm of pregnant women. Other than that it is a great clinic.
I am lucky enough to have a great insurance plan so I only spent money on all my medications. The only cost my insurance does not cover is IVF and it’s most likely the only way I might get pregnant.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Our nursing team [at Kaiser Orange County] was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.... The Kaiser building that I went to in Irvine is clean and comfortable. All of the appointments are in the morning and traffic can sometimes be a little crazy. But the moment I came into the office I felt comfortable and knew that I was in the best possible hands.... For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The thing that I love about Dr. Rosencrantz is his honesty. He has an ability to present the facts clearly, but also with empathy. He's not afraid to tell you when it's time to move on to another course of treatment, because he has already weighed the risks and thought about what would be the best possible outcome for you and your family. I remember coming back to see him to start trying for our second child after the stillbirth of our daughter he knew all of the details. He made sure to acknowledge the loss of our daughter, he even used her name when we talked about her. He helped us come up with the best course of action in our journey to conceive our next baby. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and only wants the best for them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be put off by his honesty. Some people are afraid of people who are really honest with them. But in the business of fertility you want someone who is honest. You want someone who is going to tell you what the best possible options are and also when it is time to move on to a different treatment. Some doctors will let you continue to spend money on things that will not really help you. Dr. Rosencrantz is not afraid to speak the truth, which in the long run will benefit you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My Husband and I have always loved Dr. Rosencrantz's honesty and empathy. We first saw him a few years ago when we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. After deciding to take a break from trying my husband and I found out that we were expecting, sadly that pregnancy ended in a stillbirth of our daughter at 28 weeks. During this whole experience Dr. Rosencrantz has taken the time to really learn about my husband and I and our stillborn baby. He has helped us come up with what we believe will be the best plan for a successful IVF cycle.
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
After the stillbirth of our daughter my husband and I decided that we wanted to try IUI six months after her death. We sat down with Dr. Rosencrantz and went over our test results. Since our fertility issues are related to male factor, he recommended some additional things my husband could do to improve his morphology. For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round. But it too was unsuccessful. For our third and final IUI we decided that since the last cycle had gone so well we would continue everything the same as the last cycle. This cycle also went well, but it did not result in a positive pregnancy test. After all that we had been through, Dr. Rosencrantz presented a few different options to my husband and I. His recommendation was that we move on to IVF. We cause we are young and I have a high egg count he thinks this would be the best option for us. At this time we have decided to work towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Daisy )
Our nursing team was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was very fortunate that Kaiser covers 50% of my fertility medications. The IUI cost was covered completely by my insurance. Each time I saw him it was a $ 20 co-pay. In total each cycle was about $ 400-500.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our Doctor recommends transferring two embryos but has said that we can do anywhere from one to five.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Extremely caring and honest. Dr. Baker was and has been very upfront with us about the odds and the risks of what we are trying for. She has been kind and patient with us, especially given our lack of knowledge on the subject of infertility. She has treated us like people and has always taken care to make sure we felt like the most important people on her caseload.... My wife and I felt like she was genuinely pulling for us to get pregnant. She went out of her way to inform us and follow up with us, even after the most "basic" treatment or consultation. We could (and can) tell how genuine a person she is.
Kaiser is thorough, efficient, and flexible in their hours..... Like Dr. Baker, the nursing staff was incredible. I know that places like Kaiser have a bad reputation because of how large they are, but honestly, my wife and I never felt like we were being treated like numbers even by the nursing staff. We always felt cared for and we always felt like we were the most important people in the hospital.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Bring questions when you meet with her. She will answer them all, and will do so in a very honest manner.
I honestly don't remember the details. It's a difficult thing for me to have to go through - especially knowing the slim chances of it working - and anticipating the disappointment. I mostly listen and let my wife be the expert.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember her name, but she was equally caring, understanding, and patient.)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser is thorough, efficient, and flexible in their hours.
At first, before we took on double coverage, we were paying about $145 per visit, and over $800-1000 for medication. Once we added double coverage, our IUI treatments we basically fully covered.
Describe Marsha Baker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I completely back her approach (multiple). She understands my wife's situation and has recommended we be as aggressive as possible.
Treated 2017
I feel like he's [Dr. Yoo] compassionate but will let you know unfortunate facts about your diagnosis and or treatments . ( hes a sensitive straight shooter ) He has never made me feel dumb in any way or got offended by me asking why does he do this when I hear other doctors do that ... YOO is a breath of fresh air compared to the others and with him I finally feel hopeful .I've been seen by 2 other doctors . He's the only one who took me seriously , listen and came up with a plan that fit my wants and needs .
Everyone [at Kaiser] acts like they care :D ... [Nurses] So far they're all sweet . I have not had any issues . I appreciate them calling me back in a timely manner when I had questions .... Luckily I have only had co payments...I feel like he's [Dr. Yoo] compassionate but will let you know unfortunate facts about your diagnosis and or treatments . ( hes a sensitive straight shooter ) He has never made me feel dumb in any way or got offended by me asking why does he do this when I hear other doctors do that .
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I feel like he's compassionate but will let you know unfortunate facts about your diagnosis and or treatments . ( hes a sensitive straight shooter ) He has never made me feel dumb in any way or got offended by me asking why does he do this when I hear other doctors do that . Like I've mentioned I've seen other doctors , YOO is a breath of fresh air compared to the others and with him I finally feel hopeful .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He listens , ask as many questions as you want .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Richard Yoo used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
My 1st round of clomid 150 , I made way too many follicles to do iui so YOO cut back on the clomid . Next month we did the clomid 125 , I didn't produce any :,( so we did another round , produced one , pulled the trigger than did an iui . 2 weeks later , I didn't get my period but I got an yeast infection . I called the clinic the nurse called me back , she put in for a hsg test and gave me information on treatment for my yeast infection . My hsg test was negative &lt;1 . So now I'm waiting for my period so that I can start my next treatment ( hopefully iui with injectables ) YOO will always take what I want into consideration, if I want to do injectables and he finds it possible he will say yes .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Debra )
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Everyone acts like they care :D
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Luckily I have only had co payments
Richard Yoo
Treated 2015 - 2017
A huge strength of Rosencrantz is his communication skills, he makes sure that you fully understand what is going on and that you understand the information given to you. The only negative is that he isn't very open minded about holistic treatments to aide in the medical ones, but not many doctors are.... We went through a low level of IUI. Rosencrantz wanted us to begin at a higher level, but frankly I have a massive fear or needles and wasn't comfortable with more injections than the lower level. I am currently taking 50 mg of Clomid for two months.
The office staff [at Kaiser Irvine Medical Center] were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.... The only thing that went wrong was they forgot to order an essential blood test on cycle day three. It happened to land on a Sunday which meant the office itself was closed. What should have been a 5 minute process ended up taking an hour to complete... The nursing staff were friendly. but seemed to be a bit overwhelmed every time I was there.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you might feel asking them or if you feel like you're asking to many. Rosencrantz gladly makes certain you are comfortable with the road ahead, and you have all the information you need.
Rosencrantz always took the time needed to ensure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the upcoming treatments or procedures. He was always willing to answer our questions and never tried to hurry us or make us feel like we were just a number.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The office staff were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.
Our plan covered 50% of costs. The low level of IUI that we did ended up costing about $5,000
Treated 2015 - 2016
She [Dr. Marsha Baker] was very proactive to get me the surgeries needed to correct my uterine abnormalities so I would be able to carry a baby to term.... She was very friendly and did most of my procedures. for monitoring appointments I mostly saw nurses but they would refer to her about adjustments in medicines if needed. also, she was able to get me the meds I needed through my insurance when they didn't want to cover a specific medicine but that was the only one I responded to so she knew it was worth getting for me.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
be patient because it can take a bit of time to start treatment. I was hoping to start treatment within the first month of seeing Dr. Baker but she wanted to get my body ready for doing a treatment cycle so I didn't start meds until 7-8 months after my consultation with her. Again, that was also partly due to the way Kaiser works and it took a bit of time to get surgery booked.
She was very proactive to get me the surgeries needed to correct my uterine abnormalities so I would be able to carry a baby to term. The only downside was that when I emailed her, her nurse or a nurse in the office would get back to me which I think was more of Kaisers policy rather than her just not returning my message.
we did clomid 150 mg with trigger and timed intercourse, clomid 150 mg with trigger and IUI, menopur 75 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU with trigger and IUI, Gonal F 100 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU and femara with trigger and timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
they we're good and always answered my questions and got back with me quickly after they got my blood test results.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
because it's kaiser, it's in a building with other offices...more specifically the OBGYN offices which stinks seeing pregnant women or newborns while TTCing. the good thing though is that the clinic, laboratory and pharmacy are all in the same building. downside is that the clinic is open M-F but only open half day on Saturdays. also, I believe the lab and pharmacy are closed on Saturday but there's a lab and pharmacy in a nearby building for Saturday's. a little inconvienent but still doable.
because my insurance was through kaiser, I had a reduced rate than if I went through a private clinic and had to pay out of pocket.
IVF was not an option at my clinic =(
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
the registered nurse told me to make sure I had my blood drawn BEFORE I came in for my appointment but when I went into the lab (same building but separate floor) the order wasn't in the system. I had to go up to the clinic and have them put in the order and then go back down to get blood drawn. that only happened once or twice in two years though.
San Diego
He [Dr. Rosencrantz] asked many follow up questions about how we were doing as a couple and for our mental health outside of treatment. Appeared very interested and engaged with us in conversation. ... He was very patient and answered all of our millions of questions. We were very confident in his ability. ... He is also honest and will tell you exactly like it is.
Kaiser is very organized, fairly easy to navigate. ... I also wish they had fertility options in other locations other than just Irvine. I live in north orange county. ... [nursing staff] Professional, kind, happy ... No treatment started yet, only consultation. Currently we are saving money to be able to afford treatment ... Preference was eSET due to my history of RPL
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He was wonderful, thorough, compassionate, informative, delicate but honest and presented information clearly. He was very patient and answered all of our millions of questions. We were very confident in his ability. He is unfortunately not with Kaiser any longer, so to follow him to his private clinic may cost us more out of pocket, but he's worth it. If we can somehow financially manage it.
You're in good hands, he is thorough and patient and kind. He is also honest and will tell you exactly like it is. He uses helpful statistics in explaining the outcome of certain situations and he acts as though you are his first patient, meaning he takes time with you as if he has an endless amount. Very patient
He asked many follow up questions about how we were doing as a couple and for our mental health outside of treatment. Appeared very interested and engaged with us in conversation.
Professional, kind, happy
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser is very organized, fairly easy to navigate. But, I do wish the first provider (before Rosencrantz) had suggested testing my husband earlier in the process to avoid painful invasive procedures on myself. I also wish they had fertility options in other locations other than just Irvine. I live in north orange county.
10% co-insurance per visit
Preference was eSET due to my history of RPL
Irvine
[Dr. Ben-Ozer] was able to convey her message that time was running out, I'm 41, but was also encouraging and compassionate. She immediately expressed that it was courageous and scary to start this process but she was there to help. She was very kind. Every time I meet with her she gives me a hug. I have complete confidence in her assessments and direction that she would like me to go...I have to have polyps and fibroids removed in two separate procedures. Ben-Ozer has suggested that egg retrieval happen before since I have low ovarian reserve a one level suggests a quick decline of my egg health. She has made clear that egg retrieval is the priority since it may take a while to schedule the procedures.
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Permanente SoCal] are always nice and encouraging... is very efficient. Patient's do not spend a lot of time in the waiting room and there is a wall dedicated to encouraging notes to patients. Check in can be somewhat confusing if you use the self check in. It's easier to go to the window to check in because you will get directed to the correct room...I have to have polyps and fibroids removed in two separate procedures. Ben-Ozer has suggested that egg retrieval happen before since I have low ovarian reserve a one level suggests a quick decline of my egg health. She has made clear that egg retrieval is the priority since it may take a while to schedule the procedures.
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Snunit Ben-Ozer was able to convey her message that time was running out, I'm 41, but was also encouraging and compassionate. She immediately expressed that it was courageous and scary to start this process but she was there to help. She was very kind. Every time I meet with her she gives me a hug. I have complete confidence in her assessments and direction that she would like me to go.
Be ready to hear the truth even if it hurts. She is there to help.
She was honest about the health of eggs at my age but was positive about finding out the issues and compassionate. She always gives me a hug when I leave her office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff are always nice and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser's Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Department is very efficient. Patient's do not spend a lot of time in the waiting room and there is a wall dedicated to encouraging notes to patients. Check in can be somewhat confusing if you use the self check in. It's easier to go to the window to check in because you will get directed to the correct room.
Since I was going through my insurance and I had repeated pregnancy loss I only had to pay $90 for a full work up.
Snunit Ben-Ozer
Los Angeles
Dr. Kashani started off with medication in pill form for the first 3 cycles. We had ultrasound follow ups and revisited our fertility plan after each cycle. She was super friendly but it seemed like we were going off a checklist instead of evaluating what we could do to make a cycle optimal and prevent cancelation. It felt like our path was to go to IVF.
The nursing staff [Kaiser] was awesome. They were always to positive and friendly. It felt like they genuinely wanted to see you succeed. ... The office is very friendly, flexible and are great communicators. Unfortunately, they do not do IVF at the Kaiser location but the doctor is able to do it out of Reproductive Fertility Center close by which is convenient.
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Kashani is informative and uses visuals to help in understanding our fertility and what paths we can take. She was upfront about our chances of conceiving and provided resources to better understand the process. She hinted more to going to IVF when two of the medications weren’t working even though we still had other options to continue for a successful IUI. We were then scheduled with a different doctor for our next cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Kashani and her staff were very welcoming. She made us feel very comfortable while going through a somewhat scary process. She answered all of our questions and has made herself available through email for any concerns.
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The nursing staff was awesome. They were always to positive and friendly. It felt like they genuinely wanted to see you succeed.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
As a Kaiser member, we had a 50% co-pay for all procedures and appointments.
Banafsheh Kashani
Treated 2012 - 2018
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short......He asks personal questions. Things we had discussed in previous visits. Makes sure that I understand what we are doing and that I don’t have questions. He is personable and easy to talk to....
[Kaiser] It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by...Overall, they [nurses] are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short, but I also enjoy doing research on my own to see what others with similar situations are doing.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He is very knowledgeable and helpful
The first round of iui we tried clomid and trigger shot and procedure. The second round, we tried clomid. Then after I went in for a checkup, we decided to try menopur and then the trigger shot/procedure. The second one ended as a chemical pregnancy, so hoping this next round will stick.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Overall, they are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This is not a clinic, he is my normal RE at Kaiser. It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by
My medical insurance covers a good portion of the medical costs.
Irvine
I was nervous to meet with her at first, but she [Dr. Fong] put my husband and I at ease with a course of action based on how aggressive we wanted to be. She answered questions and emails quickly and we always felt better after leaving her office. We are still in the early stages of her helping us get and stay pregnant, but I’m optimistic she will be able to help.... I am a recurrent pregnancy loss patient so I had to have multiple tests to see what was going on. So far everything has come back normal so we have unexplained infertility at this point.
Kaiser is great, in that you can get answers quicker because all the doctors work under kaiser instead of an outside facility. It does take a long time to get your first appointment though. It’s about an 8 week wait.... when I call and speak to her nurse, she seems almost annoyed on the phone. But whenever I’m in the office, the nurses are great. Not sure if it’s someone outside the department that is answering the phones, but she isn’t the most pleasant. Nothing outrageous, just not super friendly.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
I was nervous to meet with her at first, but she put my husband and I at ease with a course of action based on how aggressive we wanted to be. She answered questions and emails quickly and we always felt better after leaving her office. We are still in the early stages of her helping us get and stay pregnant, but I’m optimistic she will be able to help.
Bring a list of questions and be open to her suggestions.
Respectful, good beside manner, empathetic, answered questions and emails quickly.
Describe the protocols Shirley Fong used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I am a recurrent pregnancy loss patient so I had to have multiple tests to see what was going on. So far everything has come back normal so we have unexplained infertility at this point. She has is starting clomid this cycle and we told her if we weren’t pregnant within 3 months, we wanted to move onto our next option which was clomid with IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I don’t know who it is, but when I call and speak to her nurse, she seems almost annoyed on the phone. But whenever I’m in the office, the nurses are great. Not sure if it’s someone outside the department that is answering the phones, but she isn’t the most pleasant. Nothing outrageous, just not super friendly.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I am under kaiser insurance so cost would have to do with your insurance with them.
Treated 2011 - 2017
From day one, he [Dr. Sami Jabara] carefully analyzed our data and gave us options. He educated us, kept us informed, and recommended proper dosage of medications. Most importantly, he listened to us: Our hopes, fear, and apprehension.... Dr Jabara always took the time to talk to me and address me by name. He was warm and encouraging.... He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy.
The nurses [at Kaiser Sunset] were all very nice and accommodating. They would schedule my ultrasounds early in the morning so that I would not have to miss a lot of work. The department also had procedures done on Saturdays.... He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy.
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Jabara has been with us throughout our journey of infertility from start to finish. We started this adventure with him seven years ago. We came to him with a positive attitude, optimism, and hope to one day start our family. From day one, he carefully analyzed our data and gave us options. He educated us, kept us informed, and recommended proper dosage of medications. Most importantly, he listened to us: Our hopes, fear, and apprehension. He and his wonderful staff at Kaiser Sunset were professionals, knowledgeable and respected our privacy. We are highly confident in his level of expertise that we have recommended him to family and friends. In closing, we look forward to adding a photo of our son on his wall of babies.
Be patient and don’t give up. Dr. Jabara will help you add a little bundle of joy to your family.
Menopur, gonal-f, ovidrel
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
They all recognized me and greeted me warmly.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was treated at Kaiser Sunset. The nurses were all very nice and accommodating. They would schedule my ultrasounds early in the morning so that I would not have to miss a lot of work. The department also had procedures done on Saturdays.
$15 copay for office visits. Medications less than $100 per cycle. $700 donor sperm per cycle.

Treated 2012 - 2013
He [Dr. Yoo] was professional and knew what he was doing. That’s all anyone in my situation can ask for. He explained the different processes and allowed us to make our decision on which path to take first. We laid out our plan together. After a couple of failed IUI treatments he recommended we try IVF. This is not a decision taken lightly, especially considering the cost. But he explained the process thoroughly and walked us through.
New patients should know that you may start off at the Kaiser clinic but then the actual IVF treatment is done elsewhere. A lot of the medicine you can get at the Kaiser pharmacy which is conveniently next door. ... We paid In installments ... The nursing staff were very compassionate during times throughout the entire process. Especially during the negative tests results.
How was your experience with Richard Yoo at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
To be honest, if the IVF procedure worked of course he would have gotten a better score. So please take my rating with a grain of salt. He was professional and knew what he was doing. That’s all anyone in my situation can ask for. He explained the different processes and allowed us to make our decision on which path to take first. We laid out our plan together. After a couple of failed IUI treatments he recommended we try IVF. This is not a decision taken lightly, especially considering the cost. But he explained the process thoroughly and walked us through.
Come with questions regarding success rate and more importantly, personal questions regarding your health and the health of your partners and how it may affect the success rate. Tests may need to be done before even considering IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
New patients should know that you may start off at the Kaiser clinic but then the actual IVF treatment is done elsewhere. Kaiser does not pay for a lot of the treatment or even the recommended acupuncture appointments. At least they did several years ago. A lot of the medicine you can get at the Kaiser pharmacy which is conveniently next door.
We paid In installments
Richard Yoo

Treated 2013 - 2019
She [Dr. Fong] listens and makes you feel like you matter. ... I didn’t get to see her much because she works primarily down in LA. But when I did see her she was always nice and very pleasant ... I felt comfortable with her. ... She showed compassion and sympathy ... She tried iui ... Make the appointment way in advance she is always booked ... I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP [Kaiser Permanente].
It was the day of the Iui my np was not in and she rescheduled me with another np. The np said she would see me the next day by the time she saw me she said i should have seen her yesterday. I explained that they cancelled my appointment and rescheduled me for next day. She cancelled my Iui cycle. It was stressful. I post $3k that cycle ... The staff [Kaiser Permanente] was nice. Location was centrally located. I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She listens and makes you feel like you matter. I felt comfortable with her. I didn’t get to see her much because she works primarily down in LA. But when I did see her she was always nice and very pleasant
Make the appointment way in advance she is always booked
She showed compassion and sympathy
She tried iui
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Kamala heisser )
Kamala is the best
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
It’s expensive when you don’t have fertility coverage . I really wanted something a bit more affordable. The staff was nice. Location was centrally located. I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP.
$3k per Iui cycle