Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
701 S Nicolet Road,
Appleton, WI 54914
920-886-2299
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy to a friend?

2 doctors
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
They all resemble Kaldas very well. They show compassion and concern. Along with being very personable.... Strengths would be compassion and all so personable. From the care on the phone, to the receptionist who know you by name, MA's, ultrasound techs to all the doctors. Amazing. No weaknesses that I can think of.... Dr. Kaldas is sensitive, intelligent and has such a passion for what he does. I recommend everyone
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Dr. Kaldas is sensitive, intelligent and has such a passion for what he does. I recommend everyone to him and trust him with mine and my babies life!
How was your experience with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
He never turns anyone down, explains everything before you even have a chance to ask the question. He took care of me after trying for a baby and all the testing. Emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, along with fertility surgery to take care of endometriosis, cysts, fibroids and heart shaped uterus. Then my first pregnancy my water broke at 27 weeks pregnant, scariest time of my life. Every time he came in to round on me he told me of a success story of someone similar or worse off than myself. 2nd pregnancy found incompetent cervix, had an emergency cerclage placed at 18 weeks. Dr. Kaldas always is so confident in his decisions, do not have enough good things to say about this man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Trust him and let all your anxiety go. Which is much easier said than done, but you are in good hands. Give him time to figure everything out, because he will figure it out.
Describe the protocols Rami Kaldas used in your cycles at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy and their degree of success.
We started with some fertility testing. Lab work, HSG, ultrasounds. Found endometriosis, cysts, uterine fibroids and a heart shaped uterus. Scheduled surgery to get everything taken care of and if I wasn't pregnant 6 months after surgery we were going to start clomid and go from there. The clomid was never needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.
It was covered under my insurance, just had to pay for my copay
Appleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
They're incredibly timely with results and return phone calls. Extremely clean and state of the art facility [Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy. Allowed me to book out entire future visit plan so I'd be sure to have Dr. Kaldas for all of my visits. Very easy to get to--off 41 close to the mall in Appleton. Does his surgeries and deliveries at Theda Care in Neenah which is comforting because they have a NICU.... My treatments we covered because we were coded as habitual aborters through insurance after our 3 documented miscarriages.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
They're incredibly timely with results and return phone calls. Extremely clean and state of the art facility. Allowed me to book out entire future visit plan so I'd be sure to have Dr. Kaldas for all of my visits. Very easy to get to--off 41 close to the mall in Appleton. Does his surgeries and deliveries at Theda Care in Neenah which is comforting because they have a NICU.
He was the most patient, caring, confident doctor of the 4 we have seen. He NEVER rushed a visit and he always explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand. He told us the only way he wouldn't be delivering our baby was if he was out of the country...and he DID deliver our miracle rainbow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy. (Assigned nurse: Laura and Kate)
They were very patient, consoling, understanding, and you could tell they had faith in their doctor.
We were very scared and discouraged at the point in our journey that we met Dr. Kaldas. I had 3 miscarriages including 1 D&C at this point and have had years of disappointment and many many months of fertility medication. Dr Kaldas was the most kind, companionate, smart, confident Dr we had ever met. He spent 30-45 minutes just talking to us about our journey, telling us about experiences in his career, what probable causes could be and reassuring us that he will come to a conclusion and will deliver us a baby in our future. Within 2 minutes of a pelvic exam he diagnosed me with endometriosis, ran additional blood to gain more insight than the fertility blood tests results that we had previously to provide him. From the surgery to the birth of our daughter and every single biweekly visit inbetween Dr. Kaldas was unwavering in his approach and expertise. I've referred SEVERAL friends, family, & complete strangers to him and have seen so many of them turn into overjoyed first time parents shortly after. He is absolutely wonderful and I am and will continue to see him for all future pregnancies. I'm excited for him to deliver our second child in march!
Be patient!!! He's amazing and very very busy. It may take a little while to get in specifically with him but trust me...it's worth the wait!!!
Diagnosis from consultation and pelvic exam: *Endometriosis *Dyspareunia *Irregular Menatral Cycle The next day he performed an Ultrasound, Sonohystogram (have had one previously with a different doc), and a Pre Op Exam... Diagnosis: *Endometriosis of Pelvic Peeitoneum *Retroverted Uterus Blood Workup: Creatinine, Serum Dhae-s Follicle stimulating hormone Hbaic and est av flu, blood Insulin serum T3 free T4 free Testosterone total and free Ana/antinuclear antibodies, ifa w/reflc ctd ab Antithrombin activity blood Beta-2 glycoprotein 1 antibodies, igg/igm, serum Complete blood ct w/ diff Homocysteine MTHFR C677T MUTATION ANALYSIS Partial Thromboplastin time phospholipid ab, igm, and igg Pregnancy test,serum qual Protein c activity plasma Protein s antigen blood PROTHROMIN G20210A MUTATION BLOOD Prothrombin time Rpr serology (***two in caps are what came back abnormal***) ENDOMETRIOSIS SURGERY DIAGNOSIS: *stage 4---Both ovaries, right side was quadruple the size of the left--covered and swollen from Endometrioma, Rectum pinching toward uterus, near appendix and on bladder. BLOOD WORKUP RESULTS-TREATMENT METHOD: 40ml Lovenox injections daily once pregnant. Progesterone suppositories first 10 weeks of pregnancy. Daily baby asprine forever Gave us the option to try on our own for 3 months then try iui if that didn't work. We were pregnant without any fertility medication after the FIRST cycle after the endometriosis surgery. Started the suggested medications indicated above and we had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby born 9 months later. :)

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Beautiful office [Kaldas Ctr] in a nice area. Parking is great. Fast check ins. Always has cookies and coffee or teas available. Large waiting room with bench seating. Patient rooms are comfortable and have a table and chairs for discussion.... Nurses would follow up after meeting with Dr Menya to follow up and give a brief overview of what Dr Menya had said or prescribed or ordered and allow for any other questions to be answered. Nurses hace also provided me with pamphlets of information for IVF and recommendations for urologist for my husbands care.
European, Latino
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Beautiful office in a nice area. Parking is great. Fast check ins. Always has cookies and coffee or teas available. Large waiting room with bench seating. Patient rooms are comfortable and have a table and chairs for discussion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donald Menya at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Dr. Menya is easy to work with. He listens to me and asks questions to understand. I feel very comfortable with him and always leave the office with all my questions answered.
What specific things went wrong at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
How was your experience with Donald Menya at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
I was nervous to meet a male doctor but after our first meeting I knew he was the doctor I wanted. He felt I had PCOS and explained what it presented like in my body, including drawing pictures of what a hormone cycle would look like. We moved on to tests to confirm. He started me on meds and was always positve that he would help us get pregnant. Follow up appointment are also fantastic, Dr Menya asks thoughtful questions and takes the time to ask more then just medical questions. Dr Menya also diagnosed me with endo and compleated my surgery. From diagnosis to surgery to post surgery Dr Menya and staff was availabe to answer my questions and put me at ease. He is fantastic and I dream of the day he hands me my child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donald Menya at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Ask every question you have.
Donald Menya
Appleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Donald Menya at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Strength of the clinic [Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy] is the staff and the atmosphere. It has a very peaceful, spa-like waiting room, stocked with water, keurig and cookies. Weakness is the cost and the financial department. It was more difficult than it should be to get proper records for FSA and tax purposes.... There is one main fertility nurse, Kate, who I spoke to for all my medication and next steps. She was incredibly sensitive and easy to work with. I can't say enough about her! There are also other nurses who handle all the temperature checks/ weight checks, etc. They were also fabulous!
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Strength of the clinic is the staff and the atmosphere. It has a very peaceful, spa-like waiting room, stocked with water, keurig and cookies. Weakness is the cost and the financial department. It was more difficult than it should be to get proper records for FSA and tax purposes.
Dr. Kaldas was the first doctor who treated me like i deserved to be able to get pregnant even though I am overweight. At no point did I feel like a number or a hopeless case.
Dr Kaldas was extremely patient, understanding, and encouraging. I felt genuinely cared for and like he wanted the treatments to work as much as I did. He was also very thorough and knowledgeable, and explained all of my procedures and stayed as long as necessary to answer my endless questions.
Just go! I wasted so much time with regular ob-gyns, I wish I had gone to him sooner.
I did 2 cycles on Clomid with monitoring and iui, 1 cycle on femara with monitoring and iui, and 1 on gonal-f with monitoring and iui. He also prescribed metformin and prednisone, and was comfortable with my doing a keto diet, yoga and acupuncture.
ultrasounds were $250, iui was $350 I believe. Laproscopy and hsg were covered by insurance so unsure of cost.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
[Kaldas Center for Fertility is a] Brand new facility site with spacious rooms. Everyone to even the front desk staff is so welcoming each and every visit. There have been times when they're running quite a bit behind. However from our own personal experiences I know situations come up. When we had our miscarriage dx in the office, they were so loving and compassionate. No one rushed us out at all. They even sent us a card after calling to check on us a few days later.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
Took his time to thoroughly go over each step of the way. Never felt rushed or as if we were just a number. Bedside manners are amazing!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Compassionate, prompt to return messages
Upbeat, passionate, friendly, down to earth, positive, honest, values his patient relationship. At our consult he promised us he'd get us pregnant... He kept his word with 2 separate pregnancies. Our previous OBGYN we were seeing sore up and down I didn't have endometriosis. At our consult with Dr. Kaldas he dx me with endometriosis, had surgery and was pregnant 2 months later!
Ask questions, no such thing as a dumb one! Be honest with your symptoms and feelings. Take it one step at a time and have a good emotional support team!