Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

6.9

4 doctors
2017 - 2019
Dr. Marsh is compassionate and I feel she is smart. However, I don’t feel supported enough by her. I have only met her twice, but she is making all of my healthcare decisions regarding next steps in my fertility journey. I would think her weaknesses would include not communicating to her patient enough or getting to know someone and their situation. This should be apparent to any physician to get to know their patient.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. ... My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. ... Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would definitely make sure that you are in charge of your healthcare and you are staying on top of what you need to do to become pregnant. I would write every question you have down and don’t feel like you are being rushed out of the room.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My experience with Dr. Marsh did not feel as though I was human, but not quite a number. In the matter of almost 2 years that I have been established with this RE, I have only seen this physician twice. During this time, I asked for a return appointment to discuss my next steps. After that appointment, I have yet to see my physician again. I continue to message my clinic regarding my treatments and the next step I want to take. The messages I receive in the portal do not make me feel that they have any idea how many cycles, IUIs, or miscarriages I have had. I feel when I message my doctor’s office I should receive a response with thought, understanding, and poise. I would not say this happens every time I interact with this office. However, I believe it is 85% of the time that I feel the nurses have not read my background and understood the treatments I have gone through prior to messaging me in regard to my care. In that regard, I do feel I am just a number to them. During my person to person interactions, I feel they are compassionate to an extent. If I was not a nurse and didn’t understand the importance of being in charge of your healthcare, then I would think my healthcare would fall through the cracks at this facility.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was never told what the name of any of my protocols that she put me on. I was told that we would start out with Progesterone (for induction of my cycle) and Letrozole. I believe my first cycle was 2.5mg tablets and taking 2 a day from days 3-7. Then, I would do OPKS to assess ovulation. My husband and I would have intercourse once there was a positive OPK for 3 days straight. My 2nd cycle I was increased to 7.5mg for days 3-7. This dose increase I had to ask the office for. I did get pregnant on my 2nd cycle of this strategy and it resulted in miscarriage. I had a D&C. Then, I did 3 cycles of Progesterone, Letrozole, and Ovidrel (trigger shot). These 3 cycles ended in negative pregnancy tests. These 6 cycles I was never given a rationale as to why this strategy is being used over another. I was outlined the basics of Progesterone induces the cycle, Letrozole helps you ovulate, and the trigger shot gives you a 99% ovulation chance. At this point, I requested that I see Dr. Marsh to talk about my next step. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant would be IVF. At this appointment, IUI was never discussed with me if I didn’t bring it up myself. Dr. Marsh said this could be an option, but would not be successful and we should go straight to IVF. We took a couple months off from treatment and I started hormones again. I was told that we would be doing Progesterone for induction of cycle, Letrozole and trigger shots. I did not have a rationale as to why we could not try any different medications. I had one cycle with Progesterone induction. I did not do hormones this cycle due to not having a heavy flow. So, the next month I did IUI. I did Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, Ovidrel for trigger shot, and follicular ultrasounds to track my follicles for the day of IUI. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am currently in the middle of my cycle as I type this. I was told directions by Dr. Marsh to do Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, no trigger shot, and OPKS this cycle. I will await another pregnancy test later this month.
As a nurse, I feel it is important to show compassion. I did not feel that from this group of nurses, except one. Hilary is a great nurse at that facility! The only way to communicate with the nursing staff is through a portal. If you call the clinic, they advise you for any questions or concerns to message them on the portal. I continue to ask questions because I want to be in charge of my healthcare. I feel most of the time I continue to get answers that are not organized or I feel they do not know my care at all. I find myself frustrated and stressed when I receive a message back that I feel is not organized. If there is a portal that you use specifically for communication with your patients, then you should be able to pull up the old messages in regards to what the patient has said previously. This portal goes to all the nurses in the clinic and I usually get a different nurse messaging me back every time. I was never assigned a nurse coordinator to specifically know my treatment plan. This causes disorganization when I messaged the facility. My husband went in for a sperm analysis and freeze prior to a trip. I had been in communication with the nursing staff about my husband only being able to get that specific day off for an appointment. This appointment resulted in error and the sperm was not frozen. This was not acceptable and it was scheduled wrong. I have felt compassion from some of the nurses, but I have only seen one person to person. She was lovely. I have a hard time trusting people that are in charge of my care when the only time I can speak with them is through a portal.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered the diagnostic and lab tests. I did have to go to a different facility for a test that was out of network for my insurance and ended up having to pay for that. My IUI was not covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. This sample would only be frozen for a future IVF cycle and not IUI. We did not have the money for IVF at the time and we wanted to IUI after him coming back from a trip to a Zika exposed place. Once he went into the clinic, I received another phone call that he could come back to give another sample 48 hours later to freeze for IUI. We did not have to pay for two freezing storages for both samples.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

2018 - 2020
IVF Cycle 1 [with Dr. Holoch] - high dose antagonist; used because of DOR diagnosis. Cycle cancelled due to low response...IVF Cycle 2 - low dose antagonist; she thought the high doses from previous cycle “fried” my eggs; cycle cancelled due to low response...IVF Cycle 3 - Lupron flare protocol; retrieved 7 eggs, 4 mature, 3 blasts, all complex abnormal...was very transparent with us when setting expectations. She worked with us to develop a treatment plan that she believed would achieve a pregnancy, however I turned out to be a low responder. She was not afraid to try different protocols or new treatments, which I appreciated.
The nurses and staff in the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were excellent. When we had a snafu with their billing dept and insurance pre-approval, the whole team rallied around us to make things right. They knew us by name, sympathized with us when we had let downs, and celebrated our wins with us...When we messaged to start a cycle before the holidays, their financial team was not notified and therefore didn’t get the insurance pre-approval in time. We proceeded with the cycle with the assumption that insurance would approve it.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch was very transparent with us when setting expectations. She worked with us to develop a treatment plan that she believed would achieve a pregnancy, however I turned out to be a low responder. She was not afraid to try different protocols or new treatments, which I appreciated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
If you’re looking for a doctor who is kind, but also honest about your chances, Dr Holoch may be a good fit for you. She stays current with fertility research, so ask a lot of questions! She’s very patient and wants you to be educated about your options and the risks.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF Cycle 1 - high dose antagonist; used because of DOR diagnosis. Cycle cancelled due to low response IVF Cycle 2 - low dose antagonist; she thought the high doses from previous cycle “fried” my eggs; cycle cancelled due to low response. IVF Cycle 3 - Lupron flare protocol; retrieved 7 eggs, 4 mature, 3 blasts, all complex abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hilary)
The nurses and staff in the clinic were excellent. When we had a snafu with their billing dept and insurance pre-approval, the whole team rallied around us to make things right. They knew us by name, sympathized with us when we had let downs, and celebrated our wins with us.
Strengths: prompt, almost immediate, response time; quick and efficient appointments - I rarely waited; quick test/scan results; provided meds to cover timing gaps when needed Opportunities: clunky patient portal
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

2018 - 2020
Dr. Lydic always made sure we knew that he was thinking of us, and taking care of us. There were multiple times that he would call me personally, after hours, to check in. ... Dr Lydic was compassionate and caring. There were multiple times that a cycle would get cancelled for various reasons and he made sure to call me personally to see how I was dealing with the news. We lost identical twins at almost 20 weeks and he called a few weeks out to discuss what happened and ask how we were holding up. He communicated procedures thoroughly and answered questions with ease.
The nursing staff at KU med is incredible. They were all so kind and were supportive through every process. They communicated quickly and thoroughly, and always showed compassion. There is a huge spot in my heart for a certain ultrasound tech there, I believe her name was Allie. She showed an emotional attachment to our journey and laughed and cried with us. There is literally nothing negative I could say about the nursing team.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Know that a lot of your communication will be with nurses, but that does not mean your doctor doesn’t care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We underwent three IUIs, which all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. When we first consulted with Dr Lydic I had expressed that I only wanted to do three IUIs before moving on to IVF and he agreed that that was a good plan. I started a stimulation cycle with global-f but was not responding to medications so we decided to cancel and try again at a higher dosage. This was successful and we had a retrieval resulting in 11 embryos, which we did not PGS test. We started a frozen transfer cycle with estrogen patches but it was canceled due to a small cyst on the lining of my uterus. The second round be switched to estradiol tablets and PIO, which was successful. We transferred one frozen day 5 embryo, which successfully implanted and split into identical twins. We found out at 12 weeks that one of the twins had a bladder outlet obstruction and at 19+4 we found that neither boy had heartbeats. I was induced and they were born the next morning.
The clinic is well run. Every member of the staff I have met was full of love and empathy, and were there to hold your hand through really tough waters. Something I did not enjoy was that the main form of communication is through an online portal, so urgent matters can sometimes be lost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
For our IUIs and retrieval we had insurance coverage, and everything was a breeze. For our transfer we paid out of pocket and it was a solid 2500, which covered monitoring ultrasounds, transfer, bloodwork and pregnancy ultrasound
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lydic mentioned they preferred to only transfer one embryo unless there were underlying factors like age or recurrent loss.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Marsh is friendly and very knowledgeable. However, I felt like my care plan is not fully satisfying my needs, and that might be that I am not pregnant yet or I am not grasping the plan. We have been trying for 2 years next month, 8 failed medicated cycles, and yet when I ask questions I feel like I get the bare minimum answers. "try again next month, don't give up", "everything looks fine", but no additional labs or test are done to investigate why this is not working. I am might be jaded when it comes to this but I feel like I have to go above and beyond to advocate for myself.
The nursing staff is great at KU. You will see them more than Dr. Marsh, they are compassionate, quick to respond, and friendly. I have notice some turnover which is a little concerning, but all of the nurses that I have come into contact have been very pleasant!...IUI - $600...There are often a long waiting period when doing an IUI, I wish that they would call when the specimen has been completed. They typically tell you when to show up after your partner's appointment and I have waited close to 2 hours (after my scheduled time) before the specimen was ready. The clinic has a friendly front desk. The front desk staff can be a little frazzled sometimes, but I just patiently work with them. The billing is such a pain, if you have any insurance that covers fertility treatment it can be a pain to get accurate invoices, I finally got a bill corrected from January. Also, they require you pay upfront for IUI services, which is no problem but then they bill you for it after as well, which again is a pain. When I called to get this corrected, they expected me to know that it wasn't a bill, that my payment had not posted in their systems...
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Take her demeanor with a grain of salt, she can come off as being curt, but again I have very pleasant conversations with her, when I actually do speak to her.
All communication is done via email and makes it difficult to have a personal touch. I have only visited with Dr. Marsh twice, the rest have been via email and her nursing staff (which is wonderful). I had to beg the front desk to speak in person with a Nurse when I was really struggling with the fertility drugs. I did get to be seen, but it made me feel like I had to go above and beyond to advocate for myself and not be 'another email'.
We started with an HSG that showed a partial blocked right tube and a pre diagnosis of PCOS. Then was prescribed Letrozole 5mg starting CD 3 - CD 7 and did follicle ultrasounds on CD 10. Follicles did not respond and she upped the Letrozole to 7 mg, again follicle ultrasound on CD 10. The right follicles were the only side responding and not very well. Letrozole said the same, but added GONAL-F 50 mg injections on CD 7 - CD 10. The left side started to respond but my dominate follicles were on the right. We did this treatment for 6 months, and decided to take a break last May. In August 2019 we started again and in addition to the Letrozole and GONAL-F, Clomid (do not have the dosage but it was 3 tablets a night CD 3 - 7) was added. We had a great response with the Clomid and was able to do our first IUI in August, it failed. We did the same cycle plan in October, the Clomid and Letrozole responded better and I did not have to do the injections of the GONAL-F. We tried another IUI end of September and I am currently in the TWW to know if it was successful.
IUI - $600, Ultrasounds - Unknown Insurance covered, HSG - - Unknown Insurance covered, GONAL- F - $350, Clomid - $30 with insurance, Letrozole - $4
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me...When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t...Everyone I worked with was really organized and fast. I truly enjoyed the staff...My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She is a knowledgeable physician. She is a wonderful and respectful woman. Her patients need to see her and they need an explanation from her. Especially when she is frequently changing their care plan. When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
You won’t see her. Write down everything you want to ask her. And keep it with you often because she might call you when you’re in the car.
She left me pregnant with a blighted ovum for 3 weeks before doing a D and C and never told me why. I made an appointment with her in the first place this year because I wanted ovarian drilling. My only living child is the result of ovarian drilling. She agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me.
For my cycles we used letrozal 2.5 mg 3 pills once per day on cycle days 5-9. Then I did Gonal-f 50 units on cycle days 10 and 11 in the evening. Then I had ultrasound monitoring and when ready an HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t. We waited a good while but that’s my fault. The original appointment time didn’t work but they can’t really work you in earlier.
My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
I have not had a chance to progress further and do embryo transfers.
Doctor Marsh referred me to another provider for Ovary surgery and the clinic never told me. I received a call from the other physician to tell me I needed the paperwork.
Overland Park

All five rounds [with Dr. Courtney Marsh] were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds...All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests...I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing...only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
Primarily I spoke to nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone...The nursing staff was really the only interaction I had. The regular scans would be with them. It felt a little bit like an assembly line as we would all be waiting and just called back, taken care of and sent on our way. I got all my results through the portal and a brief follow up message on the portal with instructions from the nurses. Any questions would be sent back through the portal and responded to fairly quickly by the nurses in the portal. Clinic Errors
I only met with Dr. Marsh twice. Once before starting any treatment and then ten months later. I did not hear the words “Diminished ovarian reserve” until the second meeting after five rounds of treatment. I asked if IVF would be an option and was told there would be the same chance of success with what was being done at the time. Multiple other doctors have said they would have gone to IVF immediately instead of spending so much time doing other treatment. I believe if I have been told I had diminished ovarian reserve at the beginning, I probably would have researched Dr. Marsh’s success rates earlier. If I had a friend that was under 35, I might recommend them going to Dr. Marsh, but anyone struggling to get pregnant I would recommend elsewhere.
If you just need a little help getting pregnant and you appreciate a relatively hands off approach, she will be great.
I worked with Dr. Marsh for ten months and only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
All five rounds were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds. After a few days I would be told to do the ovidril shot with intercourse three days after. All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I tended to have ovarian cysts after a round of treatment which would add another month where nothing could be done.
The clinic seems quite qualified for working with women who do not have any struggles with getting pregnant. They don’t seem to have many tools available if you are struggling to get pregnant naturally.
My insurance covered most of the procedures and medication, but not the blood lab draws that were done regularly.
Dr. Marsh was not willing to try any kind of transfer.
I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing. I was told that I was good to go and to start the procedure they had described.

Unexplained, Other
She [Dr. Holoch] found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!...allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
The clinic [KUMC] has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!...The nursing staff has been very knowledgeable and compassionate. The online patient portal is a wonderful tool to have. The nurses are quick to respond to questions in the portal.
Unexplained, Other
Dr Holoch has been a great Dr and I would highly recommend her. Dr Holoch is very trustworthy, kind, and compassionate. She found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!
I would advice a prospective client of Dr Holoch to make a list of questions before your appointment. Dr Holoch allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch always explained everything in a way we would understand. She was always very patient with me and made sure all of my questions were answered during my appointments.
Dr Holoch recommended we start with fertility pills (clomid 1 cycle, letrozole the other 5 cycles). Clomid caused me to have some intense side effects and it made my lining too thin, so Dr Holoch switched me to letrozole the next cycle. The first two cycles we did timed intercourse and the last 4 we did IUI. None of them have been successful, but we plan to move onto IVF in the near future. During my saline sonogram, Dr Holoch found a polyp. She plans to remove the polyp before we move onto IVF.
The clinic has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
they [KS U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My husband and I had been warned by several people that Dr. Marsh is incredible and truly amazing at what she does. She is incredibly smart and experienced as well as high success rates. However, some are very offput by her personality. Personally, we felt that we would rather have a doctor be successful on the first try that had a rude or cold personality (which is far from the case, she is very caring and kind) as opposed to a doctor with amazing bedside manner who made us feel great but took multiple attempts which means more money and time . Luckily, we discussed this all in advance and were able to make the decision expecting her to be super rude or something just awful. Dr. Marsh to me is more of a straight shooter who cares deeply about her patients and puts her entire heart into what she does therefore takes it seriously. She has always had a smile on her face and been very kind but always serious and means business.
dont expect a bubbly joking personality from her because that is just not who she is. instead you can expect her to be direct and honest and kind but with a very serious demeanor
I know that it is common and happens with almost all RE's, but I still struggle with the lack of interaction or ability to communicate with Dr. Marsh. Her entire staff is beyond amazing and very helpful throughout this entire process. One thing that could improve for me is that it feels like each time we have actually met with Dr. Marsh in person I feel very rushed and when I asked questions it felt as if I was an inconviennce and wasting her time. I know that she has tons of patients and is very busy, however I could see that potentially being an issue for someone wanting a more personalized or communicative RE. I was already aware of Dr. Marsh's "dry and sometimes cold" personality before choosing her as my doctor. Ultimately my husband and I felt that we would rather have the BEST doctor with highest success rates who lacked personality over a doctor who had a terrific bedside manner but lower success rates and potentially requiring more attempts for success.
I have bi-lateral tubal obstruction with the presence of fluid in my left tube. Following a severe sexual assault at age 20, I had a reconstructive surgery at age 21 attempting to repair my tubes hoping to one day become a mom. Sadly, the surgery was unsuccessful and I am now 29 with IVF as my only option. I am currently in the process of trying to finance the procedure as its not covered by insurance. Dr. Marsh expects that I will produce an abundance of eggs in just on retrieval as I have an AMH of 15.92 and very rarely get periods. As long as we get enough embryos as expected, my left tube will then be removed due to the presence of hydrosalpinx. FET will then occur as soon as everything heals (as soon as a few weeks later)
always so kind and sweet! they are very helpful and always have smiles on their faces.
they were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome. I have a couple times felt a phone call would be more appropriate and easier than using the messages on the portal because sometimes what would only take a three minute phone call ends up taking a couple hours of messaging back and forth. However I do see the the long term benefit of being able to go back and re read messages and avoid any confusion which you can obviously not do on a call.
i know the cost for IVF including ICSI and FET is $11,750 and they will not split it up. This doesnt include medications. I requested the bundle as they called it be broken down as my insurance will cover some of it like ultrasounds, blood work, etc but they are not willing to do that and refused.
due to my age she said she would be transferring just on embryo
During my HSG I really dont understand why or what exactly caused this but - somehow left the procedure under the impression that both of tubes were open and looked great and rejoiced because i was almost certain my tubes would never be able to work after a horrific trauma ten years ago. Then about a week or two later, I was utterly devastated and crushed to then find out the exact opposite in that they were both blocked and could not be fixed.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We liked that she was up to date on current research and treatment options being performed. She handled our miscarriage appropriately without babying us but with compassion. We had issues with the staff and she was very understanding about helping us, including calling us the day of a funeral she was at. ... When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
Weakness [of KU Med] - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use. ... It was very much the nursing staff that caused problems. They communicated poorly, the wrong information and caused me severe unneeded emotional stress. They are also very difficult to contact. They use this terrible portal, but no where is there a phone number in the portal if you have issues!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She seems wonderful but her nursing staff is terrible.
When I actually got to talk to Dr Holoch, she was wonderful. She explained things well in normal terms without dumbing it down to much. When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
We started with well defined plan on what we were testing for and why. When they came back unexplained, the plan made was for timed intercourse with femara to help induce healthier ovulation, since I did ovulate, progesterone supplements, and the antihistamine protocol. That resulted in only a miscarriage, still at 5 weeks. From there we are currently moving into an IUI with the hopes that we may have better luck with a trigger shot.
The nursing staff is extremely week. They do not communicate well using a terribly designed patient portal. They often overlook questions which results in repeatedly asking the same questions. They do not include enough information when they translate Dr Holochs information. They treat you like a number and often don't look at your chart before replying. They are insensitive to the emotional turmoil we go through. They are uneducated about certain treatments they provide, such as methotrexate injections.
Strength - definitely Dr Holoch being a modern doctor. She is patient when asking questions and is always open to discuss treatments or research studies mentioned by me. She also did not dismiss my husbands role in this process. Weakness - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Most of it has been covered under my insurance. Without insurance costs will be: IUI $600, + the trigger shot, $120, femara, $8, plus 2-3 ultrasounds at $250 each

Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. ... We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. ... She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. ...
Getting an initial consultation setup [at KU Med] was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with. ... All the nurses have been a pleasure to work with. They are supportive and well-educated. They respond to questions and share results promptly.
Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. We had one unfortunate IUI with very low sperm count and Dr. Marsh spoke with us face-to-face about that situation. Our additional contact with Dr. Marsh has been over phone consultations following failed treatments. We have been able to quickly and easily obtain consultations with Dr. Marsh and review what we did and what are the next steps moving forward. She is quick to recommend changes to treatment as appropriate which I really appreciated. Her recommendations are guided by our situation and founded in a strong understanding of current research and data.
Being well prepared and informed has helped us make more efficient use of our time with Dr. Marsh. Have questions and topics prepared to discuss during your appointments.
Dr. Marsh and all the staff we regularly see at the clinic knows who we are. We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. Dr. Marsh and the clinic staff are good listeners and want our input. We have genuine conversations with Dr. Marsh which have guided our treatment decisions.
We started with an IUI. Our last semen analysis showed just enough total motile sperm to make IUI a reasonable choice. Because she suspected that I might have a luteal phase defect, she also prescribed Letrozole (Femara) to boost my corpus luteum and progesterone for luteal phase support. Due to very low total motile count for the IUI, we decided to proceed to IVF. I have good numbers and wanted to do a fresh transfer, so Dr. Marsh prescribed low doses of medications for stimming (75IU Menopur and 75IU Gonal F, antagonist protocol). I started Cetrotide based on results from ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring. Dr. Marsh monitored and reviewed my results closely. I produced 9 eggs, 8 were mature, and 7 fertilized with ICSI, and resulted in 5 blastocysts. We transferred 1 day-5 embryo (after 5 days of 50 mg/day progesterone-in-oil) after the egg retrieval which did not implant. Immediately following we were able to start an FET cycle. Due to lack of implantation, Dr. Marsh had me do an endometrial scratch. I was primed with estrogen (Estradiol 2 mg tablets, 3/day) and started progesterone-in-oil (50 mg/day) and Endometrin (3 suppositories/day) 5 days before my FET. That embryo implanted, but resulted in an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.
Getting an initial consultation setup was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with.
IUI cost $600 plus meds. IVF cost $11,000 plus meds (ICSI included in IVF cost). Each FET costs $2500 plus meds (endometrial scratch included in FET cost). I think the pricing is fair and is clearly outlined in documents provided by the clinic.
Dr. Marsh very strictly follows a single embryo transfer policy for our situation (young, good quality embryos)

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Marsh was on our team and communicated that everytime we saw her. I appreciated her optimism, while keeping it realistic. She spoke the truth and was really pulling for us to get pregnant. She listened to our concerns when we had them and adjusted accordingly.... She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.... Femara and Gonal RFF with Ovidrel trigger for IUI. Femara was used due to my history of endometriosis.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse [KU] responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Be your own advocate. Speak up when you need more information or have questions because it isn’t spoon fed to you.
Dr. Marsh listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures. It would have been more personalized.
Financial services is great to work with. Prices are good since it is a huge hospital. The pharmacy they use is great. Clinic hours and availability are awesome for working parents! Clean and nice facility with new equipment. Dealing with the nursing staff was definitely my least favorite experience.
IUI was $600 plus meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork. IVF with ICSI was $14k plus meds.
Only eSET is used for my age range.
There is a lot of miscommunication due to the fact that all of the nurses answer the questions and messages on the portal. Numerous times I had to ask questions of the care protocol and they were mistaken in the information that they previously gave me with our IUI cycles. During our IVF cycle, we had one primary contact which was much more helpful.
Overland Park

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch...has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME...Be prepared to only see her at the initial consult, which is usually far out from when you are actively "needing" to see her (and when you will want advice from her and live conversations vs portal messages). She is an amazing and empathetic doctor, just very hard to get in touch with due to barriers the clinic puts in place.
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] Forgot to call in Progesterone for first IUI cycle -Did not check in on me when I was Hyperstemming from IVF retrieval (I had to call them to get updates and ask what to do) -Didn't change my D&C appointment to a consult after I miscarried on my own after IVF cycle -Doesn't try to get you scheduled quickly and instead prioritizes new patient consults on the Dr's calendar
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Holoch has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME... ***IF*** you can talk/connect with her instead of the clinic and nurses.
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch. Her back office and nurses on the other hand - 100% like a NUMBER which is so frustrating.
6 IUIs - Levothyroxine 1 Retrieval - Gonal-F, Menopur Prep for Transfer - PIO, Estradiol
In person, the nurses are compassionate and helpful. But if you are not in the office, the only way to contact them is to leave a voicemail or a portal message, and they typically do not call you back (instead they portal message you back). You are shuffled from nurse to nurse, and never know who will be responding to your message. They must be completely overwhelmed (due to their response time) or lack a sense of urgency.
The first clinic that I was at assigned me a specific NP; this clinic does not assign you to anyone, and if they do, you are shuffled from nurse to nurse and never know who you will talk to or when. They also do not try to get you into the Doctor to get any concerns addressed (which I'm sure is protocol to try to address concerns themselves). For instance, I miscarried at 7wks after my first IVF transfer, and was told that I couldn't get in to talk to my Dr about next steps for another 5 weeks. (!)
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
In hindsight, I wish I would have let her suggest what we do. I basically told her that I was told by my last doctor that we needed to transfer only one, since I had preeclampsia with my first baby and was at risk of developing it again.
-Forgot to call in Progesterone for first IUI cycle -Did not check in on me when I was Hyperstemming from IVF retrieval (I had to call them to get updates and ask what to do) -Didn't change my D&C appointment to a consult after I miscarried on my own after IVF cycle -Doesn't try to get you scheduled quickly and instead prioritizes new patient consults on the Dr's calendar

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Holloch was amazing! She spent time with to answer all of my questions and explained everything so I could make the best choice for me, my care and the future of our family. She even made time to meet with me in person if I had questions or concerns along the way. She was very supportive and empathetic when we had to cancel due to my body not responding to meds for a transfer...I had a ton of questions and was very scared due to my past pregnancy losses. She was very empathetic and supportive. She always knew my labs and reviewed my chart. She remembered personal details and even checked up on me during the pregnancy. Being with her and the network at KU was like being part of a team that supports your vision of having a family. She was honest about protocols and treatment plans.
I had 2 coordinations and a NP [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] that we’re amazing and always knew what my current plan was and what the doctor wanted them to update me on. They had hand outs and schedules to keep me organized with all my meds and appointments...let me use the pharmacy of my choice to save on cost or bundle IVF meds...The clinic was great and operated smoothly. The wait times were often minimal and if you did have a longer wait time of 15 minutes, you could check In with the front desk. The team was organized and the process of moving patients between US and labs was smooth.
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She was very patient. I had a ton of questions and was very scared due to my past pregnancy losses. She was very empathetic and supportive. She always knew my labs and reviewed my chart. She remembered personal details and even checked up on me during the pregnancy. Being with her and the network at KU was like being part of a team that supports your vision of having a family. She was honest about protocols and treatment plans. After we had our child we decided to transfer another about 2 years later. I did miscarry at 6 weeks and came to the clinic to be checked out and while she did everything she could and my levels prior to the loss were excellent, she was supportive and followed up with me afterwords to discuss options and next steps.
To be open and honest with what your main goals are and be open and trusting to treatment plans.
Before seeing Dr. Holloch I was pregnant with triplets from OI meds and and IUI cycle. I went into labor at 22 weeks and my daughters passed away shortly after they wore born. We decided to try again but with Dr Holloch at KU medical. She was cautious and encouraged IVF to help reduce the risk of multiples by doing only 1 transferred embryo. It only took a few weeks for the stimulation meds of follistem to work. We did a frozen cycle because my body needed time to heal from the retrieval. Once healed we did estrogen to build up the lining. When my body failed to respond we did a low dose or letrozole to build the lining and it worked for me beautifully. I had my child 9 months later with no complications during the pregnancy or delivery.
I had 2 coordinations and a NP that we’re amazing and always knew what my current plan was and what the doctor wanted them to update me on. They had hand outs and schedules to keep me organized with all my meds and appointments.
I don’t recall the cost. We did several procedures and protocols that ranged. She let me use the pharmacy of my choice to save on cost or bundle IVF meds.
In my case loosing a multiples pregnancy it was no question for me and my doctor to only transfer 1 embryo.
Overland Park

They [KS University Center] are quick to get you an appointment, but other than that I just felt like a number. The front desk staff was usually friendly. The wait time was usually about 15 minutes. ... I felt like we were rushed for our appointments and all the results were provided through the portal and not explained in person or over the phone. ... There was one excellent nurse named Jen that we loved. She truly cared about her patients and was the only one that didn't make you feel like you were just a number.
I didn't have a good experience as a patient with Dr. Holoch. We only saw her 3 times in the year that we went through treatment with her. Our treatment plan never changed, despite several failed IUI cycles. She was late to every appointment. She was 30 minutes late to our last appointment and then was very defensive when talking with us. No one came in to tell us that she was running behind, so we just sat there waiting. Then our appointment only lasted maybe 15 minutes.
Advocate for yourself and push for your protocol to be changed if what you are doing isn't working.
The first couple of appointments were better, but after that we always just felt like a number. I felt like we were rushed for our appointments and all the results were provided through the portal and not explained in person or over the phone.
Every IUI it was Femara for 5 days, Gonal F for usually 2 days at 75 units, and progesterone supplements after the IUI. I had 7 IUIs done and every single one resulted in a BFN.
There was one excellent nurse named Jen that we loved. She truly cared about her patients and was the only one that didn't make you feel like you were just a number. Everyone else seemed to always be in a hurry. Several of my scans were only like 5 minutes long and they didn't communicate anything to me during it.
They are quick to get you an appointment, but other than that I just felt like a number. The front desk staff was usually friendly. The wait time was usually about 15 minutes. Advocate for yourself or they will just keep doing the same thing every single time. I also only had a doctor do my IUI once.
IUIs were $600 each plus medications, so for me each IUI was around $1,000. Monitoring and lab work was covered by my insurance.

IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ajay Nangia] is a reproductive urologist...was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey...was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
We did varicocele surgery [with Kansas University Center] per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary...[nurses were] professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment...
IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Feel free to ask anything. He really knows his stuff and can explain it in a logical and understandable way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey.
Describe the protocols Ajay Nangia used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did varicocele surgery per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary. We are glad we tried the surgery first and would have always wondered if it would work.
Everyone was professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment.
I felt confident in my care at Dr. Nangia's office. The only weakness is the demand for appointments. Sometimes it took awhile for us to get in to see him as he is very busy. His staff would always return our phone calls and answer our questions quickly & thoroughly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The surgery was covered by our insurance minus our deductible. Office visits were also covered by our insurance with copays.
Describe Ajay Nangia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
No comment. He is a reproductive urologist.
Ajay Nangia

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch was amazing at listening and explaining everything to me and my husband. She even called me directly a few times. She is amazing at her job! I would recommend her. The only thing I don't like about this clinic is you deal with the nurses majority of the time and only see the doctors if needed.... We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1.
The clinic [KU Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you... I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch did an excellent job making sure I was comfortable but the clinic is very busy so I definitely get not being able to use too much time
We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1. We ended up with twins.
Nursing staff were ok. They were friendly but I don't feel communicated very well. They took a long time to return calls and then ask the Dr and then call back.
The clinic was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I had appointments sometimes others were a range normally when they opened and these were normally more for weekend during my treatments
I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
They encourage PGS testing and single embryo transfers
I had to remind nurses what my protocol was and had to address billing issues
Overland Park

I saw/interacted with several of the nurses [at KUMC Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.... The clinic is easy to find and professional appearing. The office has everything you need and there are many people around to help direct your care exactly where it needs to go. You probably will wait a little bit, but not more than 20 minutes, which is extremely good in my experience.
Dr. Holoch is incredibly smart and up to date on all new medical treatment options. She clearly explained each and every step of the way so we never left the office feeling confused. She made it a point to include us in each decision that we made for our treatment. Her bedside manner is impeccable and I truly felt like she was invested with us during our entire process. I did not feel like I was a part of a large "system" where all treatments were directed down the same pathway, each step was highly individualized. Honestly, I can not say enough great things about Dr. Holoch and I will continue to recommend her to any of my friends who need infertility help!!
Be honest and open with her. She is incredibly responsive to each person's wants/needs and does all she can to make it happen.
Dr. Holoch was incredibly open and kind beginning at day one, thru our miscarriage and then until we got pregnant. She was always available for questions and really listened to what we desired to do with out treatment. I felt like we made shared decisions with her and that she was always concerned about our well-being (both physically and mentally).
I saw/interacted with several of the nurses throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.
The cost for each IUI was definitely in the range of what I have seen everywhere. I am not completely sure on the exact amount.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
They [KS U Ctr for Adv Repro Med] are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left....The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
Overland Park

We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients... The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
Overland Park

When I actually did see dr. Marsh, she was in very briefly and didn't acknowledge my concerns about cost, which Is a huge factor for us.she disregarded those questions aaaand asked like it didn't matter. I also have Cystic Fibrosis, which causes extra cervical mucus. She did not think that was a concern and did not address it. I feel this was a factor as all my nurses that performed my iuis mentioned it everytime that day. But my treatment was not altered.
[KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med is] Hard to get in for a first visit, and they are hard to get ahold of. I would call multiple times a day and it would go straight to voicemail. Everyone was helpful once I was in the office. They were no help at all when I asked about financial options, and just told me I had to pay the full amount. No payment plan option or anything.
Be prepared to do your own research and understand all your options before you make any decisions.
Very hard to get ahold of nurses to make sure I got my correct meds I needed on time
I was prescribed clomid and a shot to release the eggs. I was also prescribed levothyroxine and told to take folic acid. Told to call on day 1 of cycle, and start mess, then ultrasound, then iui.
Very nice when you walked in, but not very helpful asking when calling to ask questions.
$600 per iui, with a few hundred dollars for meds. $125 per ultrasound, which I did 1-2 per cycle.
I was due for for my meds, and tried to pick them up at the pharmacy but the nurse never called it in. I was 2 days late starting my prescribed meds.
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. ...Dr. Lydic is very personable and really seems to care about his patients. I have had him paged after hours and he responded very quickly. He makes time for me during my office visits and explains everything very clearly. ...3 cycles of timed intercourse- neg 2 cycles with 2.5 Letrozole, 1 w/ HCG trigger and 1 w/o- neg 1 IUI w/ 5.0 Letrozole and HCG trigger - neg
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. ... The clinic appointments [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. ... When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. ... In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information. ...
When choosing him you are essentially choosing a clinic where you rarely talk to a person. Pretty much all communication is done through a website app. and you rarely get a phone call about labs/tests. Although he is a great doctor, the circumstances/clinic around him are the drawback.
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. Unfortunately, his nursing staff made me feel like a number and part of a cookie cutter fertility protocol that is one size fits all.
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. I have to sometimes send 4-5 emails just to get a clear answer to a question. Most of the time my questions are dismissed completely. I generally end up making an office appointment after dealing with the nurses just to get legitimate answers. The nurses make me feel as though I have the same rubber stamped planned as the other patients.
The clinic appointments are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. The clinic has fairly good business hours and I can usually get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Lab is onsite at one clinic location.
Each IUI is $600 not including meds. Insurance doesn't cover the HCG trigger shot and it runs about $100.
When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. I asked two separate nurses to follow up regarding a lab I needed drawn. Neither of them spoke with the doctor about ordering the lab. I had to make another office appointment just to speak with him about it. In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information.
Overland Park

[Dr. Marsh] started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner...Dr. Marsh is clearly an industry expert and engaged with the research community, which makes me feel confident that she is giving me the latest information possible. She is very willing to answer any questions I may have. She does not however offer over the top emotional support, which some women value.
The staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way...[nurses were] Well coordinated and timely. They always provide same day call backs and show great care in their work. Special thanks to the sonographers who always show the most kindness.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions.
The staff was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way.
We started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner.
The clinic as a whole functions as a well oiled machine with everyone in the office very knowledgeable about each patient. It is conveniently located right off the highway and usually runs on time getting you in and out really quickly.
My insurance has infertility coverage even covering IVF. I pay roughly $500 per hybrid cycle with a max out of pocket being $5000 a year.
I have had a nurse suggest a cycle was going to be cancelled because of over stimulation(4 follicles) but then Dr. Marsh okayed it and said she approves cycles up to 5 follicles.

5 IUI, IVF
I feel like she [Dr. Marsh] is pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are very kind and compassionate...Trigger shots were not always called in when I went to pick up so ended up having to wait around pharmacy on 2 occasions...13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle... The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
5 IUI, IVF
Understanding that the majority of people who end up seeking treatment from dr Marsh are not straight forward cases and I am NO exception, I feel like she’s pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Advocate. Advocate. Advocate for yourself! Speak up!
Dr. Marsh and her staff are compassionate and real. They have humor and understanding depending on the situation. I have felt like a number at times when calling the nurse line and asking questions relating to my specific situation and felt they were a little annoyed and were giving me “broad brush answers”.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses are very kind and compassionate.
Billing is my biggest issue. Receiving numerous bills for physician and hospital charges were cumbersome to navigate. The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
Our initial visit [with Dr. Holoch] was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
I also overheard a nurse [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] comment that she was selling IVF when she was giving me our overview packet but she might have meant it in another way. Otherwise they are excellent and usually call back quite quickly and are accommodating with their hours...Some of the nurses were incredibly compassionate and answered my questions and some refused to give me any information during the ultrasound, saying it would be gone over later.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
Our initial visit was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
Make sure you write out your questions up front and don't be afraid to ask as there is not time later on to go back over them with her.
Medicated IUI cycle with clomid on cycle day 3-5, an ultrasound around day 12, an ovedril injection shot, and then prometrium for two weeks after insemination. Prometrium as I have had two miscarriages. For cycle two added additional medication, letrzole as I had one ultrasound showing small follicles and my second ultrasound showed they shrinked so started that for 5 days and by third ultrasound there was one mature follicle. Both cycles resulted in negative tests. On third cycle now
Some of the nurses were incredibly compassionate and answered my questions and some refused to give me any information during the ultrasound, saying it would be gone over later. I also overheard a nurse comment that she was selling IVF when she was giving me our overview packet but she might have meant it in another way. Otherwise they are excellent and usually call back quite quickly and are accommodating with their hours
Strengths is hours and having everything in one location. Weakness is timeliness only when it comes to IUI procedure. It is usually an hour after scheduled time which is hard to plan around and the waiting can cause anxiety
Medications ranged form 50-$100 dollars for each and I have taken four different types with each cycle. Ultrasounds are around $150 and I had to have three one cycle. Insemination is $650.
Preference for single embryo