Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

6.9

All five rounds [with Dr. Courtney Marsh] were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds...All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests...I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing...only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
Primarily I spoke to nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone...The nursing staff was really the only interaction I had. The regular scans would be with them. It felt a little bit like an assembly line as we would all be waiting and just called back, taken care of and sent on our way. I got all my results through the portal and a brief follow up message on the portal with instructions from the nurses. Any questions would be sent back through the portal and responded to fairly quickly by the nurses in the portal. Clinic Errors
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I only met with Dr. Marsh twice. Once before starting any treatment and then ten months later. I did not hear the words “Diminished ovarian reserve” until the second meeting after five rounds of treatment. I asked if IVF would be an option and was told there would be the same chance of success with what was being done at the time. Multiple other doctors have said they would have gone to IVF immediately instead of spending so much time doing other treatment. I believe if I have been told I had diminished ovarian reserve at the beginning, I probably would have researched Dr. Marsh’s success rates earlier. If I had a friend that was under 35, I might recommend them going to Dr. Marsh, but anyone struggling to get pregnant I would recommend elsewhere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
If you just need a little help getting pregnant and you appreciate a relatively hands off approach, she will be great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I worked with Dr. Marsh for ten months and only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
All five rounds were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds. After a few days I would be told to do the ovidril shot with intercourse three days after. All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I tended to have ovarian cysts after a round of treatment which would add another month where nothing could be done.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seems quite qualified for working with women who do not have any struggles with getting pregnant. They don’t seem to have many tools available if you are struggling to get pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered most of the procedures and medication, but not the blood lab draws that were done regularly.
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Marsh was not willing to try any kind of transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Holoch] found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!...allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
The clinic [KUMC] has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!...The nursing staff has been very knowledgeable and compassionate. The online patient portal is a wonderful tool to have. The nurses are quick to respond to questions in the portal.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch has been a great Dr and I would highly recommend her. Dr Holoch is very trustworthy, kind, and compassionate. She found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would advice a prospective client of Dr Holoch to make a list of questions before your appointment. Dr Holoch allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch always explained everything in a way we would understand. She was always very patient with me and made sure all of my questions were answered during my appointments.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Holoch recommended we start with fertility pills (clomid 1 cycle, letrozole the other 5 cycles). Clomid caused me to have some intense side effects and it made my lining too thin, so Dr Holoch switched me to letrozole the next cycle. The first two cycles we did timed intercourse and the last 4 we did IUI. None of them have been successful, but we plan to move onto IVF in the near future. During my saline sonogram, Dr Holoch found a polyp. She plans to remove the polyp before we move onto IVF.
The clinic has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
they [KS U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My husband and I had been warned by several people that Dr. Marsh is incredible and truly amazing at what she does. She is incredibly smart and experienced as well as high success rates. However, some are very offput by her personality. Personally, we felt that we would rather have a doctor be successful on the first try that had a rude or cold personality (which is far from the case, she is very caring and kind) as opposed to a doctor with amazing bedside manner who made us feel great but took multiple attempts which means more money and time . Luckily, we discussed this all in advance and were able to make the decision expecting her to be super rude or something just awful. Dr. Marsh to me is more of a straight shooter who cares deeply about her patients and puts her entire heart into what she does therefore takes it seriously. She has always had a smile on her face and been very kind but always serious and means business.
dont expect a bubbly joking personality from her because that is just not who she is. instead you can expect her to be direct and honest and kind but with a very serious demeanor
I know that it is common and happens with almost all RE's, but I still struggle with the lack of interaction or ability to communicate with Dr. Marsh. Her entire staff is beyond amazing and very helpful throughout this entire process. One thing that could improve for me is that it feels like each time we have actually met with Dr. Marsh in person I feel very rushed and when I asked questions it felt as if I was an inconviennce and wasting her time. I know that she has tons of patients and is very busy, however I could see that potentially being an issue for someone wanting a more personalized or communicative RE. I was already aware of Dr. Marsh's "dry and sometimes cold" personality before choosing her as my doctor. Ultimately my husband and I felt that we would rather have the BEST doctor with highest success rates who lacked personality over a doctor who had a terrific bedside manner but lower success rates and potentially requiring more attempts for success.
I have bi-lateral tubal obstruction with the presence of fluid in my left tube. Following a severe sexual assault at age 20, I had a reconstructive surgery at age 21 attempting to repair my tubes hoping to one day become a mom. Sadly, the surgery was unsuccessful and I am now 29 with IVF as my only option. I am currently in the process of trying to finance the procedure as its not covered by insurance. Dr. Marsh expects that I will produce an abundance of eggs in just on retrieval as I have an AMH of 15.92 and very rarely get periods. As long as we get enough embryos as expected, my left tube will then be removed due to the presence of hydrosalpinx. FET will then occur as soon as everything heals (as soon as a few weeks later)
always so kind and sweet! they are very helpful and always have smiles on their faces.
they were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome. I have a couple times felt a phone call would be more appropriate and easier than using the messages on the portal because sometimes what would only take a three minute phone call ends up taking a couple hours of messaging back and forth. However I do see the the long term benefit of being able to go back and re read messages and avoid any confusion which you can obviously not do on a call.
i know the cost for IVF including ICSI and FET is $11,750 and they will not split it up. This doesnt include medications. I requested the bundle as they called it be broken down as my insurance will cover some of it like ultrasounds, blood work, etc but they are not willing to do that and refused.
due to my age she said she would be transferring just on embryo

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We liked that she was up to date on current research and treatment options being performed. She handled our miscarriage appropriately without babying us but with compassion. We had issues with the staff and she was very understanding about helping us, including calling us the day of a funeral she was at. ... When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
Weakness [of KU Med] - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use. ... It was very much the nursing staff that caused problems. They communicated poorly, the wrong information and caused me severe unneeded emotional stress. They are also very difficult to contact. They use this terrible portal, but no where is there a phone number in the portal if you have issues!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She seems wonderful but her nursing staff is terrible.
When I actually got to talk to Dr Holoch, she was wonderful. She explained things well in normal terms without dumbing it down to much. When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
We started with well defined plan on what we were testing for and why. When they came back unexplained, the plan made was for timed intercourse with femara to help induce healthier ovulation, since I did ovulate, progesterone supplements, and the antihistamine protocol. That resulted in only a miscarriage, still at 5 weeks. From there we are currently moving into an IUI with the hopes that we may have better luck with a trigger shot.
The nursing staff is extremely week. They do not communicate well using a terribly designed patient portal. They often overlook questions which results in repeatedly asking the same questions. They do not include enough information when they translate Dr Holochs information. They treat you like a number and often don't look at your chart before replying. They are insensitive to the emotional turmoil we go through. They are uneducated about certain treatments they provide, such as methotrexate injections.
Strength - definitely Dr Holoch being a modern doctor. She is patient when asking questions and is always open to discuss treatments or research studies mentioned by me. She also did not dismiss my husbands role in this process. Weakness - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Most of it has been covered under my insurance. Without insurance costs will be: IUI $600, + the trigger shot, $120, femara, $8, plus 2-3 ultrasounds at $250 each
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. ... We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. ... She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. ...
Getting an initial consultation setup [at KU Med] was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with. ... All the nurses have been a pleasure to work with. They are supportive and well-educated. They respond to questions and share results promptly.
Male Factor, Other
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. We had one unfortunate IUI with very low sperm count and Dr. Marsh spoke with us face-to-face about that situation. Our additional contact with Dr. Marsh has been over phone consultations following failed treatments. We have been able to quickly and easily obtain consultations with Dr. Marsh and review what we did and what are the next steps moving forward. She is quick to recommend changes to treatment as appropriate which I really appreciated. Her recommendations are guided by our situation and founded in a strong understanding of current research and data.
Being well prepared and informed has helped us make more efficient use of our time with Dr. Marsh. Have questions and topics prepared to discuss during your appointments.
Dr. Marsh and all the staff we regularly see at the clinic knows who we are. We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. Dr. Marsh and the clinic staff are good listeners and want our input. We have genuine conversations with Dr. Marsh which have guided our treatment decisions.
We started with an IUI. Our last semen analysis showed just enough total motile sperm to make IUI a reasonable choice. Because she suspected that I might have a luteal phase defect, she also prescribed Letrozole (Femara) to boost my corpus luteum and progesterone for luteal phase support. Due to very low total motile count for the IUI, we decided to proceed to IVF. I have good numbers and wanted to do a fresh transfer, so Dr. Marsh prescribed low doses of medications for stimming (75IU Menopur and 75IU Gonal F, antagonist protocol). I started Cetrotide based on results from ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring. Dr. Marsh monitored and reviewed my results closely. I produced 9 eggs, 8 were mature, and 7 fertilized with ICSI, and resulted in 5 blastocysts. We transferred 1 day-5 embryo (after 5 days of 50 mg/day progesterone-in-oil) after the egg retrieval which did not implant. Immediately following we were able to start an FET cycle. Due to lack of implantation, Dr. Marsh had me do an endometrial scratch. I was primed with estrogen (Estradiol 2 mg tablets, 3/day) and started progesterone-in-oil (50 mg/day) and Endometrin (3 suppositories/day) 5 days before my FET. That embryo implanted, but resulted in an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.
Getting an initial consultation setup was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with.
IUI cost $600 plus meds. IVF cost $11,000 plus meds (ICSI included in IVF cost). Each FET costs $2500 plus meds (endometrial scratch included in FET cost). I think the pricing is fair and is clearly outlined in documents provided by the clinic.
Dr. Marsh very strictly follows a single embryo transfer policy for our situation (young, good quality embryos)

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Marsh was on our team and communicated that everytime we saw her. I appreciated her optimism, while keeping it realistic. She spoke the truth and was really pulling for us to get pregnant. She listened to our concerns when we had them and adjusted accordingly.... She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.... Femara and Gonal RFF with Ovidrel trigger for IUI. Femara was used due to my history of endometriosis.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse [KU] responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Be your own advocate. Speak up when you need more information or have questions because it isn’t spoon fed to you.
Dr. Marsh listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures. It would have been more personalized.
Financial services is great to work with. Prices are good since it is a huge hospital. The pharmacy they use is great. Clinic hours and availability are awesome for working parents! Clean and nice facility with new equipment. Dealing with the nursing staff was definitely my least favorite experience.
IUI was $600 plus meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork. IVF with ICSI was $14k plus meds.
Only eSET is used for my age range.
+ Read more- Read less

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch...has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME...Be prepared to only see her at the initial consult, which is usually far out from when you are actively "needing" to see her (and when you will want advice from her and live conversations vs portal messages). She is an amazing and empathetic doctor, just very hard to get in touch with due to barriers the clinic puts in place.
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] Forgot to call in Progesterone for first IUI cycle -Did not check in on me when I was Hyperstemming from IVF retrieval (I had to call them to get updates and ask what to do) -Didn't change my D&C appointment to a consult after I miscarried on my own after IVF cycle -Doesn't try to get you scheduled quickly and instead prioritizes new patient consults on the Dr's calendar
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Holoch has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME... ***IF*** you can talk/connect with her instead of the clinic and nurses.
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch. Her back office and nurses on the other hand - 100% like a NUMBER which is so frustrating.
6 IUIs - Levothyroxine 1 Retrieval - Gonal-F, Menopur Prep for Transfer - PIO, Estradiol
In person, the nurses are compassionate and helpful. But if you are not in the office, the only way to contact them is to leave a voicemail or a portal message, and they typically do not call you back (instead they portal message you back). You are shuffled from nurse to nurse, and never know who will be responding to your message. They must be completely overwhelmed (due to their response time) or lack a sense of urgency.
The first clinic that I was at assigned me a specific NP; this clinic does not assign you to anyone, and if they do, you are shuffled from nurse to nurse and never know who you will talk to or when. They also do not try to get you into the Doctor to get any concerns addressed (which I'm sure is protocol to try to address concerns themselves). For instance, I miscarried at 7wks after my first IVF transfer, and was told that I couldn't get in to talk to my Dr about next steps for another 5 weeks. (!)
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
In hindsight, I wish I would have let her suggest what we do. I basically told her that I was told by my last doctor that we needed to transfer only one, since I had preeclampsia with my first baby and was at risk of developing it again.
+ Read more- Read less

They [KS University Center] are quick to get you an appointment, but other than that I just felt like a number. The front desk staff was usually friendly. The wait time was usually about 15 minutes. ... I felt like we were rushed for our appointments and all the results were provided through the portal and not explained in person or over the phone. ... There was one excellent nurse named Jen that we loved. She truly cared about her patients and was the only one that didn't make you feel like you were just a number.
I didn't have a good experience as a patient with Dr. Holoch. We only saw her 3 times in the year that we went through treatment with her. Our treatment plan never changed, despite several failed IUI cycles. She was late to every appointment. She was 30 minutes late to our last appointment and then was very defensive when talking with us. No one came in to tell us that she was running behind, so we just sat there waiting. Then our appointment only lasted maybe 15 minutes.
Advocate for yourself and push for your protocol to be changed if what you are doing isn't working.
The first couple of appointments were better, but after that we always just felt like a number. I felt like we were rushed for our appointments and all the results were provided through the portal and not explained in person or over the phone.
Every IUI it was Femara for 5 days, Gonal F for usually 2 days at 75 units, and progesterone supplements after the IUI. I had 7 IUIs done and every single one resulted in a BFN.
There was one excellent nurse named Jen that we loved. She truly cared about her patients and was the only one that didn't make you feel like you were just a number. Everyone else seemed to always be in a hurry. Several of my scans were only like 5 minutes long and they didn't communicate anything to me during it.
They are quick to get you an appointment, but other than that I just felt like a number. The front desk staff was usually friendly. The wait time was usually about 15 minutes. Advocate for yourself or they will just keep doing the same thing every single time. I also only had a doctor do my IUI once.
IUIs were $600 each plus medications, so for me each IUI was around $1,000. Monitoring and lab work was covered by my insurance.

IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ajay Nangia] is a reproductive urologist...was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey...was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
We did varicocele surgery [with Kansas University Center] per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary...[nurses were] professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment...
IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Feel free to ask anything. He really knows his stuff and can explain it in a logical and understandable way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey.
Describe the protocols Ajay Nangia used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did varicocele surgery per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary. We are glad we tried the surgery first and would have always wondered if it would work.
Everyone was professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment.
I felt confident in my care at Dr. Nangia's office. The only weakness is the demand for appointments. Sometimes it took awhile for us to get in to see him as he is very busy. His staff would always return our phone calls and answer our questions quickly & thoroughly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The surgery was covered by our insurance minus our deductible. Office visits were also covered by our insurance with copays.
Describe Ajay Nangia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
No comment. He is a reproductive urologist.
Ajay Nangia
+ Read more- Read less

I saw/interacted with several of the nurses [at KUMC Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.... The clinic is easy to find and professional appearing. The office has everything you need and there are many people around to help direct your care exactly where it needs to go. You probably will wait a little bit, but not more than 20 minutes, which is extremely good in my experience.
Dr. Holoch is incredibly smart and up to date on all new medical treatment options. She clearly explained each and every step of the way so we never left the office feeling confused. She made it a point to include us in each decision that we made for our treatment. Her bedside manner is impeccable and I truly felt like she was invested with us during our entire process. I did not feel like I was a part of a large "system" where all treatments were directed down the same pathway, each step was highly individualized. Honestly, I can not say enough great things about Dr. Holoch and I will continue to recommend her to any of my friends who need infertility help!!
Be honest and open with her. She is incredibly responsive to each person's wants/needs and does all she can to make it happen.
Dr. Holoch was incredibly open and kind beginning at day one, thru our miscarriage and then until we got pregnant. She was always available for questions and really listened to what we desired to do with out treatment. I felt like we made shared decisions with her and that she was always concerned about our well-being (both physically and mentally).
I saw/interacted with several of the nurses throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.
The cost for each IUI was definitely in the range of what I have seen everywhere. I am not completely sure on the exact amount.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
They [KS U Ctr for Adv Repro Med] are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left....The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients... The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. ...Dr. Lydic is very personable and really seems to care about his patients. I have had him paged after hours and he responded very quickly. He makes time for me during my office visits and explains everything very clearly. ...3 cycles of timed intercourse- neg 2 cycles with 2.5 Letrozole, 1 w/ HCG trigger and 1 w/o- neg 1 IUI w/ 5.0 Letrozole and HCG trigger - neg
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. ... The clinic appointments [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. ... When I would need to have my labs drawn outside of the clinic the orders were rarely in the system. ... In person, I was given the incorrect test results and had to return to the clinic the next day for the correct information. ...
When choosing him you are essentially choosing a clinic where you rarely talk to a person. Pretty much all communication is done through a website app. and you rarely get a phone call about labs/tests. Although he is a great doctor, the circumstances/clinic around him are the drawback.
Dr. Lydic has a great bedside manner and always makes time for questions during office appointments. Unfortunately, his nursing staff made me feel like a number and part of a cookie cutter fertility protocol that is one size fits all.
The nurses do not take phone calls, only emails. I have to sometimes send 4-5 emails just to get a clear answer to a question. Most of the time my questions are dismissed completely. I generally end up making an office appointment after dealing with the nurses just to get legitimate answers. The nurses make me feel as though I have the same rubber stamped planned as the other patients.
The clinic appointments are always on time and the receptionist at check in is very sweet. The clinic has fairly good business hours and I can usually get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Lab is onsite at one clinic location.
Each IUI is $600 not including meds. Insurance doesn't cover the HCG trigger shot and it runs about $100.

5 IUI, IVF
I feel like she [Dr. Marsh] is pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are very kind and compassionate...Trigger shots were not always called in when I went to pick up so ended up having to wait around pharmacy on 2 occasions...13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle... The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
5 IUI, IVF
Understanding that the majority of people who end up seeking treatment from dr Marsh are not straight forward cases and I am NO exception, I feel like she’s pretty good at explaining course of treatment and options. I do however feel like sometimes she generalizes and has a hard time thinking outside of the box. Dr marsh took over for a doctor that moved away in the beginning of my care at the clinic and my initial meeting with her was disastrous. Since that first meeting I think her bedside manner has improved tremendously and she’s become much more personable and relaxed with her patient interactions.
Advocate. Advocate. Advocate for yourself! Speak up!
Dr. Marsh and her staff are compassionate and real. They have humor and understanding depending on the situation. I have felt like a number at times when calling the nurse line and asking questions relating to my specific situation and felt they were a little annoyed and were giving me “broad brush answers”.
Once in the office and even on the phone the nurses are very kind and compassionate.
Billing is my biggest issue. Receiving numerous bills for physician and hospital charges were cumbersome to navigate. The clinic has a kind and fun front desk staff. The financial coordinators explain costs up front and answer all questions frankly, which is a welcome so there's no surprise expenditures. When i had an issue with one staff member and expressed my experience to my nurse she was extremely concerned and understanding. I had a call later that afternoon from the office manager to discuss the situation.
13k for ivf cycle to clinic Approximately 1k per iui cycle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Our initial visit [with Dr. Holoch] was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
I also overheard a nurse [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] comment that she was selling IVF when she was giving me our overview packet but she might have meant it in another way. Otherwise they are excellent and usually call back quite quickly and are accommodating with their hours...Some of the nurses were incredibly compassionate and answered my questions and some refused to give me any information during the ultrasound, saying it would be gone over later.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Our initial visit was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
Make sure you write out your questions up front and don't be afraid to ask as there is not time later on to go back over them with her.
Medicated IUI cycle with clomid on cycle day 3-5, an ultrasound around day 12, an ovedril injection shot, and then prometrium for two weeks after insemination. Prometrium as I have had two miscarriages. For cycle two added additional medication, letrzole as I had one ultrasound showing small follicles and my second ultrasound showed they shrinked so started that for 5 days and by third ultrasound there was one mature follicle. Both cycles resulted in negative tests. On third cycle now
Some of the nurses were incredibly compassionate and answered my questions and some refused to give me any information during the ultrasound, saying it would be gone over later. I also overheard a nurse comment that she was selling IVF when she was giving me our overview packet but she might have meant it in another way. Otherwise they are excellent and usually call back quite quickly and are accommodating with their hours
Strengths is hours and having everything in one location. Weakness is timeliness only when it comes to IUI procedure. It is usually an hour after scheduled time which is hard to plan around and the waiting can cause anxiety
Medications ranged form 50-$100 dollars for each and I have taken four different types with each cycle. Ultrasounds are around $150 and I had to have three one cycle. Insemination is $650.
Preference for single embryo
+ Read more- Read less

I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult....Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate... We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult...Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own
Overall the nurses are friendly but disorganized. Don’t expect to have a personal relationship formed at this clinic with the staff [KU Med]. I certainly felt like another number not a human being trying to build a family.... I was disturbed that each nurse would have a different answer to my same question. During my second IUI the nurse laughed as she was in the middle of turkey basting me and said “oh I hope I did that right” .
Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate. She provided my husband and I with our first feeling of hope to expand our family in a year. We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult.
I would say to have done research. Know the important questions to ask, things to expects, and to discuss your expectations as patients with her.
I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult. During each monthly visit I had a new nurse who clearly had not reviewed my file and did not ask the questions I had assumed would be important to know for my appointment. Ie mid sonogram would ask if I was in for egg retrieval’s or IUIs.
After reviewing my medical history and tests I had already completed through my obgyn at an attempt to discuss the factor causing my infertility. She determined the best plan was to have my husband complete two separate semen analysis - both which came back with “perfect” little swimmers. After ruling out make factor and knowing all my tests came back “normal” Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own aka take a pill everyday for a week then use our OPK at home kits to know the days we should be doing the baby dance. 4 months later no baby. Month 5 and 6 Dr. Holloch had planned to increase chlomid to 100 mg and start IUIS. Neither helped. Dr hollochs (aka her nurses) next recommendation was to schedule an IVF consult (for a small fee of 350$) with Dr Holloch as this was the “next best step and only solution” for my family.
The nursing staff were all over the place. Over 6 months at the clinic I never had the same nurse. I was disturbed that each nurse would have a different answer to my same question. During my second IUI the nurse laughed as she was in the middle of turkey basting me and said “oh I hope I did that right” .. me too since I just paid the receptionist over 600 dollars. Other nurses made promises that today was the day you would be making a baby - not a good thing to promise a desperate woman.
Overall the nurses are friendly but disorganized. Don’t expect to have a personal relationship formed at this clinic with the staff. I certainly felt like another number not a human being trying to build a family.
600 dollars for one round of IUI. 200 dollars per sonogram before the IUI (this cost depends on your insurance, my insurance covered 60% of cost 200 is what I was still owed) 250 dollars for an initial consult. 350 dollars for IVF consult. My HSG test was quoted at up to 2500 dollars and thankfully insurance covered almost all of that. Each semen analysis was a couple hundred dollars (do not recall specific amount).
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also.... I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.... IVF with ICSI and PGS testing (I'm over 40) Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, HCG trigger Natural cycle FET with HCG trigger and progesterone support (canceled medicated transfer because lining did not respond and I have a very regular 28-day cycle).
Dr. Marsh is a pro. She noticed my uterine lining was responding oddly to the medications prior to my FET, so she took me off meds and ordered a natural cycle with HCG trigger. It worked. We only had 1 genetically normal embryo, and she was very careful to ensure all conditions were absolutely optimal. She also took extra time with me after implantation when I had 10 weeks of bleeding due to a subchorionic hemorrhage. She never made me feel like a bother. I've sent my best friends to her and am currently starting my second IVF cycle in hopes of having a sibling for the 8 month old daughter Dr. Marsh already gave us.
Trust her.
Dr. Marsh is direct but has a compassionate demeanor. She cared about my emotional status throughout the process and even provided free guided meditation services with a nurse trained in this area. She took time to answer my questions without making me feel paranoid or like a bother.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Raquel)
The nursing staff are top notch and always take whatever time necessary to explain treatment plans and listen to other concerns. Also, the ultrasound technicians are excellent.
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also, from speaking with friends who used other clinics, I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.
I believe the IVF cycle cost approximately $12,500. Plus, we paid approximately $2,000 for my husband's sperm retrieval and ICSI. Medications were approximately $4,000. And, we did pgs testing. I cannot recall the cost for this.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Doctor [Holoch] was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.... Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment... Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable.
All staff [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was again very understanding and empathetic.... Coordinator talked with our insurance and made it seem like the donor eggs would be covered due to having no exclusions but later was denied due to no procedure code.... $15,000 for donor eggs. Roughly a thousand or two for medications and roughly $3500 for transfer. Appointments were around $1-300. Unknown for blood work/tests.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable. Even while not directly working with her, she would take the time to answer any questions I had and again make sure it was understood.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions or ask for further explaination
Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment
It was recommended I go straight to donor eggs for a successful pregnancy. I first used estrogen patches that increased to 3mg that changed every couple days. My lining did not get thick enough during this time so that IVF cycle was cancelled and never used the remaining meds- progesterone of some sort. I then went to estrogen and progesterone shots twice a day- dosage unknown. We transferred two eggs in which both stuck but later miscarried one at 8 weeks. I stopped shots at 10/11 weeks and went to obgyn. This was a successful pregnancy. We still have one frozen embryo.
All staff was again very understanding and empathetic.
Great communication and easy process. Weakness- my insurance denied claims even though we supposedly had 15k lifetime towards fertility. I thought it was covered due to their staff talking with my insurance but somehow there was miscommunication and was not covered due to no diagnostic code for receiving donor eggs. We changed insurances in the middle of it and paid out of pocket for the procedure which had we known insurance wouldn’t cover donor eggs we would have at least had it cover the medication and transfer.
Doctor was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.
+ Read more- Read less

I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she [Dr. Marsh] never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined....I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating.
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] did not take into account of some drug intolerances I had which meant when I was given a tetanus shot, as they felt I needed one prior to starting with them since it had been years since my last one, I had an allergic reaction...When I left this clinic they also failed to forward my chart on to the next provider, even after I signed the paperwork and spoke with records several times.
I was face to face with Dr Marsh on two occasions, the first when I had my consult and the second when I was there for what felt like the 100th sonogram. I never had any other form of personal contact from her. I walked away from Dr. Marsh feeling like all I had done was put money in her pocket and make a hole in my bank account and our hearts after month after month or failed attempts. I was so now to everything back then, I had no idea she was not doing everything possible and I did not know anything about IVF back then so I was clueless that IVF may be the answer to our years of unanswered prayers. I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever have to go through that. When you select a provider you do so in hopes they are going to side with you and help you attain a goal, a goal that you both put your heads together to try and achieve, this however did not happen.
If you want to use this provider, be your own advocate, do your own research and learn everything you can about infertility because Dr. Marsh is not the provider who is going to help guide you through this maze.
I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined.
On our first cycle we used clomid 50mg for 5 days and gonal f 75 units at night, my follices did not respond and after 46 days of shots we decided to start over without them inducing a period and switch to femara 5mg for 5 days and then started back on gonal f we raised it to 100 units at night and after 120 days on this cycle I called it just before New Years. Every cycle after that we used femara 5mg and gonal f between 100-175 iu and then HCG shot and did TI none of the cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy but after the first one all of the cycles did result in follicles and with the HCG shot I had a positive ovulation test.
Dr Marsh's nurse was very nice, I cannot remember her name offhand but she always answered my emails within a few hours and if I needed a PA or any med called in she would make sure that I had it even if she needed to figure it out on the weekends or after hours at the office. I saw this nurse more than I saw my provider and she was there for most of my follicle scans and for the negative results every cycle.
The clinic itself is not up to the standards of the parent facility. KU Med is widely known for its amazing providers, state of the art testing/treatments/equipment this clinic was nothing more than an average OB office. You may have an appointment scheduled for something but that is a soft appointment as there are likely to be 5-10 other people scheduled at the same time, especially on the weekends. This clinic used to be open even on the weekends, but as I did my last cycle there they changed to only being open 8-5 Monday through Friday, which, with this type of treatment makes things super complicated.
Usual costs of lab work, ultrasounds, and medications. My HMO covered most of my ultrasounds and lab work and I used compassionate care for the medications that were not covered.
+ Read more- Read less

KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner...Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
Dr. Marsh expected me to have a good attitude... after going through the hell we went through at our first clinic I do NOT have a good attitude. I am NOT going to be optimistic or happy for them to poke and prod on me again for a bunch of money and another emotional catastrophe. Dr. Marsh is an excellent doctor, and had I not been through the first cycle at another clinic, I'd probably have glowing reviews... all in all though, definitely recommend, she cannot help my attitude, just made me feel worse when she would ask " is there something wrong?" YES!! There is something wrong... we are here and are hoping we don't get our hearts broken again! EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!
Get to know her better on your first visit.
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner, not with a snippy response to use a antiquated "patient portal" and to quit calling the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hope and Raquel Chavez)
Jen Hope -- Totally saved the whole situation. Made sure we completely understood everything and worked with us on when we had to make the 4hr drive to the clinic for our ultrasounds. Raquel Chavez- Not in the office much, didn't answer my questions to the extent we needed prior to a procedure for me before our FET. Now we have a new person, Turri.. I have only dealt with her once.
Strengths - Male Factor Infertility - working with Dr. Nangia in the Urology department along with the Dr. Marsh gave us the hope of having a biological child that our clinic in Tulsa told us we would never have. If it had not been for Dr. Nangia we would have never done a 2nd IVF cycle. Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
The costs were less than what we experienced at the Tulsa Fertility Clinic by several thousand dollars and included more in the cost.

4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive....Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background....I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF.... I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg.
Nurses kept forgetting that my wife and I were a same-sex couple, that she was going to go through egg retrieval and that I was going to carry the baby. The clinic [KU] was a bit of a circus. We'd show up at the time of our appointment and it was basically unpredictable whether we'd be seen on time, or how much time it would take.... My wife almost missed a cycle because they wrote my date of birth instead of hers in a baseline blood test they ordered for her to have on a Friday.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background. I would recommend her to anyone experiencing infertility.
I don't really have any advice to give. Dr. Holoch was great.
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive.
I went through 3 unsuccessful IUIs with my own eggs with a different doctor who ended up leaving the KU Med clinic I went to. A few months later, thanks to funding we received from the Baby Quest Foundation, I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF. Unfortunately, the stimulation was not successful. I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg. She therefore recommended canceling the IVF and instead doing an IUI, which was not successful. I was then 37. My wife at the time was 28. Given the lack of success with my eggs, we decided to begin an IVF cycle with her eggs. She went through the stimulation and had 13 eggs retrieved, 11 of which were mature. We ended up with 5 fertilized eggs (with sperm from a donor), 2 of which gave us good embryos. We froze the embryos and 1 of them was transferred into my uterus a month later. This is how we had our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams was the primary nurse. Different coordinators were in charge at different points in time.)
Dr. Holoch was great, but her staff was a disaster. Nurses kept forgetting that my wife and I were a same-sex couple, that she was going to go through egg retrieval and that I was going to carry the baby. The clinic was a bit of a circus. We'd show up at the time of our appointment and it was basically unpredictable whether we'd be seen on time, or how much time it would take. More than once, they ordered the wrong medications and/or forgot to order certain medications. If I had not been on top of things, I would have missed some of the medications I was supposed to take during the stimulation period. Our experience with this clinic was not great. If we had known this ahead of time, we would have selected a different clinic. We're not sure who is to blame--the doctor, the nursing/coordinating team, the system in place, or all of the above.
Because the nursing staff was very disorganized, we did not have a great experience with this clinic. We do not know if our experience extends to the whole clinic or just to the staff who worked with Dr. Holoch. Either way, we would not recommend this clinic.
The canceled IVF cycle, the successful IVF cycle, and the egg transfer ended up costing about $15,000. This does not include any of the medicine.
Given the higher risk associated with twin pregnancies, and because my wife was younger and her eggs were likely to be healthy, Dr. Holoch recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time, which is what we did.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Marsh was always willing to answer questions for me. She changed my treatment plan throughout different cycles as things changed. She would call me to discuss a change she wanted to make or if something didn't go as planned. I felt as if she was not in a hurry and wanted to make sure all my questions were answered. She would even meet with me sometimes to give me the next step information instead of the nurses from time to time. I really enjoyed being her patient and it was hard to leave. However, I was thrilled things worked out.
loved this clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.... My primary nurse was amazing. She was so friendly, bubbly and compassionate. She responded to my calls and emails very quickly and was wonderful to work with. Some of the other nurses I saw were wonderful as well. You begin to get to know them and they were always checking on me and seeing how things were going.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Advocate for yourself and ask any questions you want.
Dr. Marsh was always involved in my treatments. The nurses would ask her questions and either the nurse would call back or Dr. Marsh herself. I felt like she really wanted to help me and always answered all my questions and listened to any information I had read about. I felt like she was in my corner and I was definitely treated individually.
I had to jump straight into IVF with PGD. There was a lot of prep work before I was able to start my treatments. There were things that had to be done with my husband and my blood samples at an outside lab first. Once all that was complete, I started preparing for an egg retrieval. I took follistim and menopur until directed to stop. My dosage did change and increased over time as I was monitored. I then took the HCG injection to release the eggs and after the retrieval the embryos grew until day 5. The embroyologist took biopsied to send to our outside lab and the embryos were frozen. Once the results came back telling us which embryos were healthy, we started the prep for a transfer. I began using estrogen patches. Those didn't seem to work for me to build up my lining so they added in vaginal estrace three times a day. My lining didn't get thick enough so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle I didn't use patches but used the three estrace pills a day and then we added in follistim injections. My lining got better, but we found that there was a certain point where it was as thick as it would get. We cancelled that cycle and decided to do another egg retrieval because my lining seemed to respond better with those meds. We did another retrieval and transferred one of my frozen embryos. I became pregnant but developed OHSS and then lost the baby. I had a D&C and got an infection. Once everything was clean and ready, I prepared again for a transfer. We used estrace vaginally, follistim injections and then progesterone. This pregnancy took and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Kooser)
I loved this clinic. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.
I believe my first full cycle was $13,000 and then my second cycle was $9,000. My final transfer was $2,500.
Dr. Marsh felt it would be best because of my age to transfer one embryo. We agreed with that choice.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Krieg] was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
They [KU Center for Adv Repro Med] were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue. ... It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us ...
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took the time to meet with us, talk about the concerns, re-evaluate treatment as needed, and her office staff was fabulous!
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with IUI using Clomid and donor sperm after testing was done to ensure that I did not have any physical indicators of fertility problems, since my husband is transgender. When that did not work, we tried various combinations and amounts of Letrazole and eventually tried injectibles, which resulted in our pregnancy. She was very helpful too once we found out we were expecting multiples, and talked openly and honestly about the risks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gay)
Judy Gay was amazing! She was cheerful, supportive, empathic, and really got to know us. She showed that she cared and it made the whole process much easier! I honestly can't say enough positive things about her!
They were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us, and helped provide samples of medications when they could, especially after a cycle had to be cancelled halfway through when I got the flu and had already used a large amount of costly medication.
Sacha Krieg
+ Read more- Read less

We went with this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst.
We went with this clinic because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst. That transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For our frozen transfer she only required two monitoring checks and told us our blastocyst looked "good." (Later we would find out from a VERY well respected dr that the same blastocyst had quite a few dead cells. I was likely to not result in pregnancy.) Overall I do not feel that Dr. Marsh was honest with us about chances for that pregnancy.
I would STRONGLY recommend NOT using this doctor or clinic.
I voiced some serious concerns over treatment at one point and the nurse was not able to answer the questions. Dr. Marsh did call me back and took some time to explain her reasons for the treatment. Nurses for the most part were patient and kind.
I started with BC to line up my cycle with when the clinic would do retrievals. I then began injections of follistim, menopur, and ganirilex. After 10 days I took a trigger shot of Novarel and then had the egg retrieval. That evening I was on Medrol, Doxycycline, Estrogen, and Progesterone. Transfer was completed 5 days later. This cycle was a chemical pregnancy. For the FET I was on Estradiol for 20 days before starting Endometrim for 5 days and then the transfer. I also had estradiol patches to increase lining. This transfer was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachelle)
The nursing staff was wonderful (although this is important, I STRONGLY recommend not choosing a clinic based on the kindness of nurses. You want someone who gets you pregnant!)
This clinic has undergone MAJOR changes during 2015. Three doctors left as well as the head of their lab. To my knowledge Marsh is the only doctor who is actually board certified. I have used this clinic in some aspect since 2012 and have witnessed it slowly fall apart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were only done in the morning between 7-9 am. It was different every time I went whether you would wait for 5 minutes or 50.
A cycle of IVF was just under $10k without medication. A frozen cycle was a little over $4k without medication. All testing was a separate charge.

Male Factor, Other
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started...I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy,..but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice.
It [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything...getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very sweet and compassionate towards our situation. She had high hopes for us having success and a fast process. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I think that threw her off a bit, given my age and no fertility issues (that have been diagnosed by labs or other sources) since we have male factor infertility we were expecting such set backs with me not responding to the stimulation meds. I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy, which was a successful cycle and pregnancy which lead to having our daughter but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice. I think being more aggressive with the meds once the issue had arose and not being timid about it would have possibly prevented this from happening. Once the first cycle was cancelled I feel like there could have been more drastic change in protocol for the next but rather it was only very minor and again timid throughout which lead to a second cancelled cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My advice for anyone going through treatment is, be your own advocate! Stand up for yourself make sure you and your Dr are on the same page with your treatment. Ultimately it is you putting all your hopes, dreams, tears, time, and money into this. Make sure everyone is working just as hard and fighting for it as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started. The staff were also very friendly and always seemed invested in us personally each visit, inquiring about how we were doing and all.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st cycle- Agonist protocol with Menopur, follitstim and gannirilex. CANCELLED day 9 to poor response to stims. 2nd cycle- Agonist protocol again. Same medication, bumped doses by a quarter and still poor response, bumped a quarter again. CANCELLED CYCLE day 8/9 3rd cycle - CHANGED PROTOCOL Micro flare protocol. Menopur, follostim and micro dose Lupron. Stimmed for 14 days. 11eggs retrieved 10 mature 6 fertilized 1 5 day embryo and freeze FET with 5 day frozen embryo SUCCESSFUL transfer, pregnancy and birth of a baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen K )
Jen and the whole nursing staff were great! Jen was very compassionate and seemed so invested in our journey. She made us feel loved and cared for during the course of our treatments. Even through the set backs she was able to show she cared and sympathized for us. She was thorough in her teaching and explaining the process to us and elimating our fears. She celebrated our success as if she was as happy as we were and just overall was outstanding and met our expectations for a our nurse coordinator.
KU med is a very professional and clean clinic. It is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything. The only thing I can say is that getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$9,850 which included monitoring, egg retrieval (anesthesia included), icsi , and transfer. Medication was separate
Colleen Milroy
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

2013
Other, Unexplained
We didn3 IUIs with dr Milroy and prior to that several timed intercourse cycles. None of our cycles were successful and I only saw dr Milroy once and that was during our initial consultation....Dr Milroy was our first RE and I was “younger” at 28 when we started seeing her. I felt she never took our concerns seriously. She misdiagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus, on top of several other fertility misses. I saw her during our initial consultation and then never again. She didn’t do any ultrasounds, didn’t call to let me know what was going o
I never saw the same nurse. I had asked multiple times that when they called and had to leave a message they [KU Med] leave the result... They were so busy and so unorganized. It became so frustrating as a patient. ..I had to always call back and hope to catch someone who could give me my lab value. I was also asked by a nurse to switch pharmacies so it would be easier for her...I had to call several times with issues from pharmacy, to lab results and even correct labs
2013
Other, Unexplained
Dr Milroy was our first RE and I was “younger” at 28 when we started seeing her. I felt she never took our concerns seriously. She misdiagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus, on top of several other fertility misses. I saw her during our initial consultation and then never again. She didn’t do any ultrasounds, didn’t call to let me know what was going on, and didn’t do one of our IUIs
Have a good knowledge of fertility, advocate for yourself, ask questions. When you feel it is time to move on, do so
We didn3 IUIs with dr Milroy and prior to that several timed intercourse cycles. None of our cycles were successful and I only saw dr Milroy once and that was during our initial consultation. The nursing staff was not helpful and I actually had one nurse ask me if I could use a different pharmacy so it would be easier for her
I don’t remember, we did 3 IUIs and two were with injectables
I never saw the same nurse. I had asked multiple times that when they called and had to leave a message they leave the result. I had been told we were unexplained infertility (now know that is completely inaccurate) and was told after each lab, “everything looks great!” I had to always call back and hope to catch someone who could give me my lab value. I was also asked by a nurse to switch pharmacies so it would be easier for her
The office was nice. They were so busy and so unorganized. It became so frustrating as a patient. I now realize that it is not the norm for the RE to be in on appointments and procedures. It makes it so much easier on everyone when they are present. It was so frustrating trying to get answers even when I was physically in the office
I don’t remember the cost
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
We never discussed ivf
Colleen Milroy
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Courtney Marsh] always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had...always showed encouraging and positive attitudes...Timed intercourse- Tried with just taking on hormone with trigger injection and then after a couple of cycles with no luck turned to two hormones at the same time with trigger injection...was very up front with me during any of treatments...Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine], [nurses are] always wiling to answer questions...$329 for every ultrasound done to look at my follicles- $107 for every injection that would of been monthly- and $25-30 for hormone medication also monthly...front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Dr. Marsh always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had. Office staff and Dr. Marsh always showed encouraging and positive attitudes. Like that I can communicate with them thru the portal and am always answered in a timely manor.
Try to always be optimistic, being negative only creates stress. Know you are not the only person with this issue and trying to conceive just like you.
Dr. was very up front with me during any of treatments. Always had a very positive attitude which helped to encourage me to be more positive regarding treatment. Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment, always wiling to answer questions.
Very great doctors and nurses, front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch was amazing at listening and explaining everything to me and my husband. She even called me directly a few times. She is amazing at her job! I would recommend her. The only thing I don't like about this clinic is you deal with the nurses majority of the time and only see the doctors if needed.... We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1.
The clinic [KU Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you... I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch did an excellent job making sure I was comfortable but the clinic is very busy so I definitely get not being able to use too much time
We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1. We ended up with twins.
Nursing staff were ok. They were friendly but I don't feel communicated very well. They took a long time to return calls and then ask the Dr and then call back.
The clinic was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you
I had appointments sometimes others were a range normally when they opened and these were normally more for weekend during my treatments
I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
They encourage PGS testing and single embryo transfers
+ Read more- Read less

When I actually did see dr. Marsh, she was in very briefly and didn't acknowledge my concerns about cost, which Is a huge factor for us.she disregarded those questions aaaand asked like it didn't matter. I also have Cystic Fibrosis, which causes extra cervical mucus. She did not think that was a concern and did not address it. I feel this was a factor as all my nurses that performed my iuis mentioned it everytime that day. But my treatment was not altered.
[KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med is] Hard to get in for a first visit, and they are hard to get ahold of. I would call multiple times a day and it would go straight to voicemail. Everyone was helpful once I was in the office. They were no help at all when I asked about financial options, and just told me I had to pay the full amount. No payment plan option or anything.
Be prepared to do your own research and understand all your options before you make any decisions.
Very hard to get ahold of nurses to make sure I got my correct meds I needed on time
I was prescribed clomid and a shot to release the eggs. I was also prescribed levothyroxine and told to take folic acid. Told to call on day 1 of cycle, and start mess, then ultrasound, then iui.
Very nice when you walked in, but not very helpful asking when calling to ask questions.
$600 per iui, with a few hundred dollars for meds. $125 per ultrasound, which I did 1-2 per cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Marsh] started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner...Dr. Marsh is clearly an industry expert and engaged with the research community, which makes me feel confident that she is giving me the latest information possible. She is very willing to answer any questions I may have. She does not however offer over the top emotional support, which some women value.
The staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way...[nurses were] Well coordinated and timely. They always provide same day call backs and show great care in their work. Special thanks to the sonographers who always show the most kindness.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions.
The staff was always kind and caring in treatment. They made sure to make me feel comfortable with the medications and procedures every step of the way.
We started with Femara since I have PCOS and using Clomid would be more dangerous. When I failed to respond, injectables were added to the protocol with a trigger shot. This hybrid protocol was used for all 3 cycles with increasing dosages of Gonal-F until I responded in a quick manner.
The clinic as a whole functions as a well oiled machine with everyone in the office very knowledgeable about each patient. It is conveniently located right off the highway and usually runs on time getting you in and out really quickly.
My insurance has infertility coverage even covering IVF. I pay roughly $500 per hybrid cycle with a max out of pocket being $5000 a year.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she [Dr. Holoch] cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect...She took her time to explain the process, the likely reasons for my miscarriage, was encouraging but not pushy after our loss, and honest the whole way through
Weakness: [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine doesn't] get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet...She [nurse] was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
She is professional, kind, and honest. She is compassionate in the deliverance of suboptimal news, is honest but not blunt about predicted outcomes, and is able to have a sense of humor along the way!
Be upfront with any concerns- she is willing to listen and doesn’t take things personally.
We originally used all injectables on my first transfer with her. My lining grew slowly so she offered ideas to adjunct the medications that worked. After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect.
She was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
Weakness: They don’t get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet.
Copay, STD testing, HSG ultrasound, transfer, costs for our donor for all of that and embryo storage.
She gave us the option of what we wanted to do and outlined the probabilities of both as well as the risks involved.
+ Read more- Read less
I thought Dr. Marsh was wonderful. I had to have surgery, and she made me feel confident that this would fix our infertility. When that didn’t work for us, she honestly explained each of our options and explained why IVF was our best choice. She was compassionate, but still honest and gave us the facts. We appreciated that.... Dr. Marsh did tell us she will only transfer one embryo for your first transfer. It was not up for debate.
I loved the nursing staff [Kansas U]. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!... Strengths: Kind, compassionate, high success rate, and competitive pricing Weaknesses: Sometimes they were under staffed during my morning appointments in the lab part. I’d sometimes wait over 30 minutes to get my blood drawn.... The nurses engaged me in conversation
Dr. Marsh will not sugar coat your infertility. She sticks with honesty, and it could be hard to hear. She is not blunt, but she is honest.
The nurses engaged me in conversation, and I could tell they really cared about my needs. Dr. Marsh was very kind, and personally called me with my results for our egg retrieval.
I do not remember the exact protocols of our cycle.
I loved the nursing staff. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!
I was excited at every appointment! It wa so excited to see progress. The monitoring appointments were quick, and I was seen right away.
My IVF cycle was 14,000 dollars.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr Marsh] was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
She was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
Dr Marsh had a great bedside manner. No complaints.
She allowed my body to develop a lining at its own (slow!) pace and adjusted my meds along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The nursing staff is so amazing that I actually MISSED them when my care transferred to a regular OB for prenatal care. I can't say enough positive things about nurse, Jen!
The clinic is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
I believe we paid about $12,000 for our IVF cycle with ICSI, and then another $5000 to a third party for PGS.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr.Marsh treated me like a person. She took the time to get to know me and my situation. She was respectful, compassionate and informative. She listened to my concerns and goals to create a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. and I was able to start testing immediately. ... She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
They treat their patients with dignity and respect. ... They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. ... I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance! ... The office visits and testing were reasonably priced. ... The nursing staff is polite and helpful. ... I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. ...
Courtney Marsh is an excellent choice! She is an amazing person and Doctor!
She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
My protocol: Base line scan cycle day 2/3 Letrozole 7.5 Cycle days 3-7 (During my 2nd cycle I was prescribed 50mg clomid days 3-7) 50IU gonal-f on days 8-9 between 6p-8p follicle scan on day 10 250mcg ovidrel between 8-10p on day 11. (During one cycle I was instructed to administer 50IU of gonal-f between 6-8 in the evening on day 10 and ovidrel 250mcg on day 11). All 5 cycles resulted in negative tests and no pregnancies.
The nursing staff is polite and helpful.
They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance!
The office visits and testing were reasonably priced.

2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take...Several medications, I thought it was overkill at first, but once she explained everything it made sense and I know its necessary to get the best results...Very personable, understood our issues and set a plan to make a baby happen, not making me feel like it could or couldn't happen, that we will make it happen.
[Staff at Kansas University Center are] Easy to get a hold of, work around my schedule for appointments, understood I was driving over an hour to get there. Very friendly staff, clean facility (nice also) easy to find, labeled well. Everyone I have encountered has been very empathetic, ask if I'm doing ok and make sure I understand whats going on and as if I have any questions before I leave the clinic...[nurses are] Very nice, able to speak to them in an educated manner, took their time with me and made sure I had all the info I needed before leaving the clinic.
2 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take.
Be ready to go!
Medications, some visit cost, ultrasound/sonogram, the IVF cycle itself.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Courtney Marsh is the nicest Dr. She listens, she is compassionate. Now that being said. I think she isnt aggressive enough with her harder cases. She likes to follow the book and treat every case like a text book case, which infertility is definitely not text book.... Im DOR. Ive always been on the highest amount of meds for the longest they can push me. Usually 12-14 days. Ive always did 5 day transfers. With progesterone until 14dpt. With donor eggs the only thing we did differently was tried to endo scratch. Those results were never sent off to be tested.
I think the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med-Overland Park] overall is an ok clinic. Im just not sure they are aggressive enough with treatments. They are textbook.... All of the ultrasound techs are very compassionate which is good because you see them alot. I only had a primary IVF nurse because I only ever did IVF. She was nice but easily aggravated. The blood lab ladies were always very nice.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Not sure.
I think the Kansas City area as a whole lacks enough Reproductive Endocrinologists. With as many couples seeking treatment as there are. This clinic as well as every other one in the area, they're just busy. And you are on there time.
All ultra sound nurses are great
I believe it was 10-12 thousand. Not counting medication.
Never had the choice. Usually only had one to transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Marsh] does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.... She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.... I would recommend they be prepared with a specific list of questions because the time with her is short.
The clinic [Kansas University Ctr] is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us....I really like all of the nurses we encountered. They answered any questions we had and were all very friendly. They responded to calls and emails very quickly.
She does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.
She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.
The clinic is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us.
IVF was $9,500 plus the cost of meds which was quoted at $3,000-$5,000. Each semen analysis was $220. Infectious disease labs were $700 and basic labs were $220.
She only does eSET she says.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional....However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic....One thing is make sure you get the office to agree to in-person consultations after a failed procedure. My husband and I had a hard time getting a time and a location to meet with Dr. Marsh after our failed retrieval.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic [KU Med] and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies...Turri was the main nurse and IVF coordinator. She was professional and all business. I sometimes needed her to re-explain or walk through Items again because she would fly through the instructions. It would have been nice to have been shown a little more compassion. The other nurses we interacted with for shots and during retrieval were warmer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Marsh was very professional and kind. However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic.
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Turri Hall)
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies. Once we discovered SART reports, my husband and I felt they didn’t have the successes to continue with them.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Holoch] took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so... I initially felt not taken care of but the care has gotten much better since that initial visit. She takes time to call me and my husband and talk to us fully about all options. I appreciate her dedication.... Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
The office [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much... Maddison is awesome! She was super helpful to us when we received bad news, always compassionate, and explained all of our options every time. She goes above and beyond anything we could ask for.
Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
She took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maddison )
The office is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much
+ Read more- Read less

I am young and had no known reason for infertility. Dr. Marsh wasted no time figuring out what the reason(s) we couldn't conceive and acted fast to put a plan together. They accommodated my husbands schedule when he needed to go in for testing as well. When his results came back they reached out on many outlets to get us the information, and then waited no time sending us the referral he now needs as well.
The front desk staff [KU Center for Advanced Repro Med] always remembers me by name, and get me back promptly. They are great about answering questions and will find the answer if they don't know it. Even the lab staff is wonderful and try to make the process as painless as possible. I have only had to wait once and they didn't make me feel rushed through my appointment like I have experienced other places.
There are multiple resources to reach out to the staff. They also accommodate male infertility, making the process much smoother than others I have heard of.
The front desk staff always remembers me by name, and get me back promptly. They are great about answering questions and will find the answer if they don't know it. Even the lab staff is wonderful and try to make the process as painless as possible. I have only had to wait once and they didn't make me feel rushed through my appointment like I have experienced other places.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Courtney Marsh was] Very professional and courteous. She set realistic expectations, and we were pleasantly surprised to have early success. She spoke to us in a clear manner and was reassuring when we had concerns...I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months...had excellent bedside manner.
Physician and staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] had excellent bedside manner...Excellent location, good access with parking, and very nice building. Front desk is very nice, and I always received follow-up phone calls...the interaction from the finance team could have been more clear...I would have liked a cappucciono provided to drink while I waited
Have realistic expectations, but don't give up hope. It was a check to my ego to go through this process, but it was worth it in the end!
Excellent care, things were explained in full. Physician and staff had excellent bedside manner.
I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months. I just followed the directions they gave me
Excellent location, good access with parking, and very nice building. Front desk is very nice, and I always received follow-up phone calls. I guess I would have liked a cappucciono provided to drink while I waited, and the interaction from the finance team could have been more clear.
It was about $13k in total
One embryo was recommended
PCOS, Other
Dr. Lydic really takes the time to listen to what my goals and expectations are. If he has other thoughts he voices them. He allows me to control the path of my journey. I'm ready for IVF and he is very supportive of my decision and desire to have a child.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
They [the nursing staff at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
PCOS, Other
Don't go in having one plan. Listen to the doctor and come to a course of action you all are comfortable with.
They were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.
IUI was $500 each Meds around $1200
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Marsh] took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner...She is always listening and has an answer for any worry or question. I know she is there for me and I feel her support. She is like a cheerleader in wanting to have her patients be successful. She treats me like a friend rather than a patient...Femura- 1 round to try to get me to ovulate, unsuccessful treatment was changed. Gonal f injections with trigger shots-2 rounds, unsuccessful, treatment was changed Currently going through ivf
[The staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine was] Quick in responding phone calls and emails. Call to follow up on days when they aren't working. Ensures the patients understand the treatment plan...It is a clean clinic. It is easy to find. Staff are always friendly and smiling...Femura- 1 round to try to get me to ovulate, unsuccessful treatment was changed. Gonal f injections with trigger shots-2 rounds, unsuccessful, treatment was changed Currently going through ivf
Write down questions ahead of time for the appointments
She took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner.
Single is more successful and less of a risk for mom and baby
+ Read more- Read less
I felt like she [Dr. Kristin Holoch] was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.... She was extremely thorough and to the point, yet very knowledgeable and friendly.
I feel like the staff at this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] do a very good job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. We are often put in a lot of really awkward situations, and a majority of the staff here have helped ease that discomfort!... Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Cannot say enough about how compassionate, and relatable, and friendly, and intelligent she [a nurse] is. She seriously makes the entire trip to the clinic so easy. Hands down the best nurse we've ever worked with!
I felt like she was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.
Write down all of your questions! She will answer them all!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Cannot say enough about how compassionate, and relatable, and friendly, and intelligent she is. She seriously makes the entire trip to the clinic so easy. Hands down the best nurse we've ever worked with!
I feel like the staff at this clinic do a very good job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. We are often put in a lot of really awkward situations, and a majority of the staff here have helped ease that discomfort!
General consultation appointment-$300 Sonogram-$187/ea IUI-$600 ($300 IUI, $300 Semen part) Bloodwork-Varies on testing.

1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Krieg] was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of success... Most of the time they treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number.
Most of the time they [staff Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number... I'm not sure it's totally the clinic's fault, but because much is 'outsourced'--medications, genetic testing, etc. This information was not always clearly transferred from one party to the next.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
This doctor's name is Sacha Krieg, I believe, not how it's spelled above. She was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of sucesss
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and don't get your hopes up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams)
She was fine when I was able to talk to her directly but this was often not the case so I often felt confused and 'on my own.'
$13,000 for IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) $5,000+ for meds $1,500 genetic testing
Sacha Krieg
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

We only met her [Dr. Courtney Marsh] one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked...I raised concerns that were never addressed...We did Clomid, Fermera pills that never helped. She kept trying to make them work, but it wasted so much time and money to have to keep coming in to check. Then we moved to the Gonl-F shots and trigger shots.
Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things [at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]...was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication...Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Courtney Mash didn't care or take the time to ever inform us about our cycle plan or why she thought it would be best to do what she suggested. I raised concerns that were never addressed. I also was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication or a plan to feel like spending thousands of dollars helped at all. A total waste of our money, time and stress.
I would highly suggest to go somewhere else! If you want to actually meet with your doctor without waiting and spending hundreds of dollars more then she is not the one for you. I have done better research and will go somewhere else that gets the best reviews and you actually get to meet with your doctor at no extra charge! What an amazing thought to actually meet with you doctor and not just comminuted with the nurses via the portal!
We only met her one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked.
It just depended on who we saw that day. There was always a lack of communication at the appointments on what they were needing to be checking again. Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Don't go honestly. I wish I was told this before we did. 1.) Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things 2.) Felt like a number and that they just wanted our money 3.) Didn't care about us or try to make a caring connection
Over the top! It was so expensive and a waste for us. Crazy how you can spend so much for no results. If I did that at work I wouldn't get paid or I would be fired.
She never spoke with us or suggested anything.

1 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
i feel like dr marsh is doing what she needs to and hopefully will result in a pregnacy, i feel like if i didnt have a good chance getting pregnant then she would just refer me on to ivf...ive only seen her once and that was consultation day, i normally go threw the nurses for everything, i do like that dr marsh and nurses get back with me in a timely manner tho and lets me decide if i will move on to iui or jsut meds and timed.
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner...i enjoy everything about this clinic, the staff is very helpful and very compassionate. i can always get in when i need to and i feel like they all know their jobs and what they need to do which is very comforting...i have a blocked tube, low eggs and now low male count , we are currently doing femara, US and trigger shots husband was referred to a urologist so aiting to do another iui until his appt, so jsut doing meds and timed for now
1 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
dont give up and if you have questions ask and dont hesitate to email and get answers
she gets back with me in a timely manner and always anwsers my questions when i have them
they have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner
not too much, very reasonable...i just wish my insurance paid for ivf bc i would most likely just do that instead since iui is only 10/20% chance
+ Read more- Read less
I felt like a human cause I know she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] has dealt with with this and she knows my pain and struggle. We have been trying for 8 years...she makes u feel welcome and comfortable. When going thru the fertility treatments I was scared but mrs marsh always knew what to say to calm me down. She has always been upfront and honest to me and my husband to let us know the circumstances on our chances of conceiving.
For a iui [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is 600...doctor visit 300...ivf 25,000...The nursing staff was so polite asked me all type of questions made sure I was comfortable before they did anything...Strengths I would have yo say is there very up front an honest...appt times are right on point.. I would have to say weaknesses they could probably explain things a little more where there more understandable would like to see doctor marsh more often than I see the nurses
Courtney marsh is a great and honest doctor. I know she understands it's hard she makes u feel welcome and comfortable. When going thru the fertility treatments I was scared but mrs marsh always knew what to say to calm me down. She has always been upfront and honest to me and my husband to let us know the circumstances on our chances of conceiving.
Hang in there. I know it's hard but everything will be fine.
I felt like a human cause I know she has dealt with with this and she knows my pain and struggle. We have been trying for 8 years
Strengths I would have yo say is there very up front an honest appt times are right on point.. I would have to say weaknesses they could probably explain things a little more where there more understandable would like to see doctor marsh more often than I see the nurses
For a iui is 600 doctor visit 300 shot 100 and ivf 25,000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Holoch has been absolutely wonderful. At this point ivf is our next and only step. She is very invested in our success on our first round. She has been sure to answer any and all questions and I cannot wait to get started!... Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. She won’t beat around the question and answer it fully.... Dr. Holoch has answered every question I have had fully. You can tell she also is very invested in my success.
Our clinic [KU Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] has been great so far. I truly have no complaints. Every time I need an appointment, they make sure to get me in and everyone I’ve seen has always been friendly. Treatment plans and communication have always been given within a very timely manner. Just be sure to ask the questions you have.... My estimated cost for our ivf cycle is about $18,000
We have not yet been given our protocol for our ivf cycle in about 6 weeks.
Our clinic has been great so far. I truly have no complaints. Every time I need an appointment, they make sure to get me in and everyone I’ve seen has always been friendly. Treatment plans and communication have always been given within a very timely manner. Just be sure to ask the questions you have.
My estimated cost for our ivf cycle is about $18,000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Marsh was very helpful and took the time to listen to our history of everything we have been through to try to have a child. She was honest with us about our chances and what she thought was in our best interest.... Courtney Marsh took the time to sit down with us and discuss our options and what our chances were of conceiving... [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine has a] Very relaxed environment and everyone was so helpful. Did not have to wait too long for an appointment and Dr Marsh had already went over our history and was ready to help us with our next step with infertility
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine has a] Very relaxed environment and everyone was so helpful. Did not have to wait too long for an appointment and Dr Marsh had already went over our history and was ready to help us with our next step with infertility.. Dr Marsh was very helpful and took the time to listen to our history of everything we have been through to try to have a child. She was honest with us about our chances and what she thought was in our best interest.
Very caring and compassionate.
We used injectables and then did an IUI
I remember the IUI was around $500-$600