6.9

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229

Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Lydic always made sure we knew that he was thinking of us, and taking care of us. There were multiple times that he would call me personally, after hours, to check in. ... Dr Lydic was compassionate and caring. There were multiple times that a cycle would get cancelled for various reasons and he made sure to call me personally to see how I was dealing with the news. We lost identical twins at almost 20 weeks and he called a few weeks out to discuss what happened and ask how we were holding up. He communicated procedures thoroughly and answered questions with ease.
The nursing staff at KU med is incredible. They were all so kind and were supportive through every process. They communicated quickly and thoroughly, and always showed compassion. There is a huge spot in my heart for a certain ultrasound tech there, I believe her name was Allie. She showed an emotional attachment to our journey and laughed and cried with us. There is literally nothing negative I could say about the nursing team.
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Know that a lot of your communication will be with nurses, but that does not mean your doctor doesn’t care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We underwent three IUIs, which all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. When we first consulted with Dr Lydic I had expressed that I only wanted to do three IUIs before moving on to IVF and he agreed that that was a good plan. I started a stimulation cycle with global-f but was not responding to medications so we decided to cancel and try again at a higher dosage. This was successful and we had a retrieval resulting in 11 embryos, which we did not PGS test. We started a frozen transfer cycle with estrogen patches but it was canceled due to a small cyst on the lining of my uterus. The second round be switched to estradiol tablets and PIO, which was successful. We transferred one frozen day 5 embryo, which successfully implanted and split into identical twins. We found out at 12 weeks that one of the twins had a bladder outlet obstruction and at 19+4 we found that neither boy had heartbeats. I was induced and they were born the next morning.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well run. Every member of the staff I have met was full of love and empathy, and were there to hold your hand through really tough waters. Something I did not enjoy was that the main form of communication is through an online portal, so urgent matters can sometimes be lost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
For our IUIs and retrieval we had insurance coverage, and everything was a breeze. For our transfer we paid out of pocket and it was a solid 2500, which covered monitoring ultrasounds, transfer, bloodwork and pregnancy ultrasound
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lydic mentioned they preferred to only transfer one embryo unless there were underlying factors like age or recurrent loss.
Overland Park

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. ... We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. ... She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. ...
Getting an initial consultation setup [at KU Med] was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with. ... All the nurses have been a pleasure to work with. They are supportive and well-educated. They respond to questions and share results promptly.
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. We had one unfortunate IUI with very low sperm count and Dr. Marsh spoke with us face-to-face about that situation. Our additional contact with Dr. Marsh has been over phone consultations following failed treatments. We have been able to quickly and easily obtain consultations with Dr. Marsh and review what we did and what are the next steps moving forward. She is quick to recommend changes to treatment as appropriate which I really appreciated. Her recommendations are guided by our situation and founded in a strong understanding of current research and data.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Being well prepared and informed has helped us make more efficient use of our time with Dr. Marsh. Have questions and topics prepared to discuss during your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh and all the staff we regularly see at the clinic knows who we are. We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. Dr. Marsh and the clinic staff are good listeners and want our input. We have genuine conversations with Dr. Marsh which have guided our treatment decisions.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with an IUI. Our last semen analysis showed just enough total motile sperm to make IUI a reasonable choice. Because she suspected that I might have a luteal phase defect, she also prescribed Letrozole (Femara) to boost my corpus luteum and progesterone for luteal phase support. Due to very low total motile count for the IUI, we decided to proceed to IVF. I have good numbers and wanted to do a fresh transfer, so Dr. Marsh prescribed low doses of medications for stimming (75IU Menopur and 75IU Gonal F, antagonist protocol). I started Cetrotide based on results from ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring. Dr. Marsh monitored and reviewed my results closely. I produced 9 eggs, 8 were mature, and 7 fertilized with ICSI, and resulted in 5 blastocysts. We transferred 1 day-5 embryo (after 5 days of 50 mg/day progesterone-in-oil) after the egg retrieval which did not implant. Immediately following we were able to start an FET cycle. Due to lack of implantation, Dr. Marsh had me do an endometrial scratch. I was primed with estrogen (Estradiol 2 mg tablets, 3/day) and started progesterone-in-oil (50 mg/day) and Endometrin (3 suppositories/day) 5 days before my FET. That embryo implanted, but resulted in an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.
Getting an initial consultation setup was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
IUI cost $600 plus meds. IVF cost $11,000 plus meds (ICSI included in IVF cost). Each FET costs $2500 plus meds (endometrial scratch included in FET cost). I think the pricing is fair and is clearly outlined in documents provided by the clinic.
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Marsh very strictly follows a single embryo transfer policy for our situation (young, good quality embryos)

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Holoch] found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!...allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
The clinic [KUMC] has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!...The nursing staff has been very knowledgeable and compassionate. The online patient portal is a wonderful tool to have. The nurses are quick to respond to questions in the portal.
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch has been a great Dr and I would highly recommend her. Dr Holoch is very trustworthy, kind, and compassionate. She found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would advice a prospective client of Dr Holoch to make a list of questions before your appointment. Dr Holoch allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch always explained everything in a way we would understand. She was always very patient with me and made sure all of my questions were answered during my appointments.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Holoch recommended we start with fertility pills (clomid 1 cycle, letrozole the other 5 cycles). Clomid caused me to have some intense side effects and it made my lining too thin, so Dr Holoch switched me to letrozole the next cycle. The first two cycles we did timed intercourse and the last 4 we did IUI. None of them have been successful, but we plan to move onto IVF in the near future. During my saline sonogram, Dr Holoch found a polyp. She plans to remove the polyp before we move onto IVF.
The clinic has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!
Treated 2017 - 2018
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole [with Dr. Michael Lydic] which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients... The nurses were all very friendly. You could tell that they really wanted the treatments to succeed. They explained things well, and were good about communicating test results, etc.
Dr Lydic is very warm and caring. He spent 45+ minutes with me during our consultations to explain in great depth the process and go over my test results. He also likes to draw out pictures to help explain things which is very helpful. On multiple occasions, Dr. Lydic called me to discuss what was going on in my treatment, and even called after I moved out of state to check on me. He is very knowledgeable and willing to listen to your questions and concerns.
Tell him all of your concerns. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want. He is very good with explanations and listening.
Dr. Lydic really knew who I was. He didn't just treat me like a test or a diagnosis. He knew what was going on in our lives. He tailored treatment to me and my situation.
We did 4 IUIs with Letrozole which we unfortunately unsuccessful. My husband has low volume, so the thought was that IUI would help get the sperm where it was needed. After that we decided to go with IVF. We medicated with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, and using ICSI we had 7 embryos make it to day 5. We did a fresh transfer with 1 embryo that was unsuccessful. After that we did a FET with vaginal estrace and progesterone in oil. We transferred 1 embryo that was again unsuccessful. We are now doing an ERA test, and hopefully a second FET.
The clinic was very well organized. In general, you did not have very long waits. Sometimes earlier in the week, you might have a longer wait, due to everyone playing catch up from the weekend. The receptionist and front desk staff were friendly and genuinely caring about what is going on with the patients.
IUIs were $600 plus medication, and IVF was $11,000 plus medication.
Dr. Lydic was strongly for single embryo transfer. He stated that the risk of multiples was so much higher that it outweighed the possible slightly higher success rate of transferring multiple embryos.
Overland Park
Dr. Lydic was so kind and respectful of my faith and my concerns. He always put my comfort first, and reassured my understanding every step of the way. He even drew me a diagram to give me a visual understanding of the process....Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success.
They [KS U Ctr for Adv Repro Med] are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left....The nursing staff was incredible. They performed the insemination and made me comfortable each time. They were caring and compassionate anytime I called with questions and I never felt like "just another patient" to them.
Dr. Lydic gives great detail which is incredibly helpful but in the moment you may feel overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask him to write it down for you, and don't hesitate to ask questions. He is patient and understanding of the emotions that go along with this process.
Dr. Lydic was respectful of all the questions I had, and went to great lengths to ensure I understood the process and felt comfortable.
Dr. Lydic did bloodwork and discovered I needed a thyroid medication. I had been to several other doctors and that was never discovered. He then gave options for IUI with Femera and ovidrel trigger shot, or IVF. We decided on IUI, which we proceeded with 3 times, but with no success. We went back for an appointment to discuss IVF in greater detail. He answered all the questions we had, and eased my doubt! Finances are now the only thing stopping us from continuing with the IVF process.
They are timely, informative, and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about this clinic. I never had any negative situation from the time I checked in, to the time I left. The first visit I had, I knew I had phone he doctor I would continue to see until I had a successful pregnancy!
We had the direct cost of lab for sperm washing and the artificial insemination, as well as the follicle check ultrasounds. In addition we paid for the medications and trigger shots in full to a specialty pharmacy.
Dr. Lydic does single embryo transfer. He believes it is the safest for the baby and the mom. He explained the genetic testing that is available and with that, finds no need to transfer more than one embryo at a time because the quality of the embryo is more certain with the testing.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I saw/interacted with several of the nurses [at KUMC Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.... The clinic is easy to find and professional appearing. The office has everything you need and there are many people around to help direct your care exactly where it needs to go. You probably will wait a little bit, but not more than 20 minutes, which is extremely good in my experience.
Dr. Holoch is incredibly smart and up to date on all new medical treatment options. She clearly explained each and every step of the way so we never left the office feeling confused. She made it a point to include us in each decision that we made for our treatment. Her bedside manner is impeccable and I truly felt like she was invested with us during our entire process. I did not feel like I was a part of a large "system" where all treatments were directed down the same pathway, each step was highly individualized. Honestly, I can not say enough great things about Dr. Holoch and I will continue to recommend her to any of my friends who need infertility help!!
Be honest and open with her. She is incredibly responsive to each person's wants/needs and does all she can to make it happen.
Dr. Holoch was incredibly open and kind beginning at day one, thru our miscarriage and then until we got pregnant. She was always available for questions and really listened to what we desired to do with out treatment. I felt like we made shared decisions with her and that she was always concerned about our well-being (both physically and mentally).
I saw/interacted with several of the nurses throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The cost for each IUI was definitely in the range of what I have seen everywhere. I am not completely sure on the exact amount.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Holoch was amazing at listening and explaining everything to me and my husband. She even called me directly a few times. She is amazing at her job! I would recommend her. The only thing I don't like about this clinic is you deal with the nurses majority of the time and only see the doctors if needed.... We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1.
The clinic [KU Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you... I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
Dr Holoch did an excellent job making sure I was comfortable but the clinic is very busy so I definitely get not being able to use too much time
We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1. We ended up with twins.
Nursing staff were ok. They were friendly but I don't feel communicated very well. They took a long time to return calls and then ask the Dr and then call back.
The clinic was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I had appointments sometimes others were a range normally when they opened and these were normally more for weekend during my treatments
I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
They encourage PGS testing and single embryo transfers
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I had to remind nurses what my protocol was and had to address billing issues

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Ajay Nangia] is a reproductive urologist...was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey...was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
We did varicocele surgery [with Kansas University Center] per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary...[nurses were] professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment...
How was your experience with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was our urologist who was helping with male factor infertility. He was straightforward and honest about what our expectations should be. He was open about us helping choose our treatment plan and let us be as involved as we wanted. He was also very honest about how the surgery wasn't 100% guaranteed and we may have to pursue other treatment options, which we did. It was nice that the expectation was set beforehand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Feel free to ask anything. He really knows his stuff and can explain it in a logical and understandable way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nangia was upfront about expectations of surgery and was always clear with us. He was genuinely excited for our journey.
Describe the protocols Ajay Nangia used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did varicocele surgery per Dr. Nangia's recommendation for MFI. The surgery was less invasive due to the fact that he recommended surgery with Interventional Radiology. I was back to work the next day. Numbers improved, but IVF was still necessary. We are glad we tried the surgery first and would have always wondered if it would work.
Everyone was professional and kind. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. We saw Dr. Nangia at every appointment.
I felt confident in my care at Dr. Nangia's office. The only weakness is the demand for appointments. Sometimes it took awhile for us to get in to see him as he is very busy. His staff would always return our phone calls and answer our questions quickly & thoroughly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ajay Nangia at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The surgery was covered by our insurance minus our deductible. Office visits were also covered by our insurance with copays.
Describe Ajay Nangia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
No comment. He is a reproductive urologist.
Ajay Nangia
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Holloch was amazing! She spent time with to answer all of my questions and explained everything so I could make the best choice for me, my care and the future of our family. She even made time to meet with me in person if I had questions or concerns along the way. She was very supportive and empathetic when we had to cancel due to my body not responding to meds for a transfer...I had a ton of questions and was very scared due to my past pregnancy losses. She was very empathetic and supportive. She always knew my labs and reviewed my chart. She remembered personal details and even checked up on me during the pregnancy. Being with her and the network at KU was like being part of a team that supports your vision of having a family. She was honest about protocols and treatment plans.
I had 2 coordinations and a NP [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] that we’re amazing and always knew what my current plan was and what the doctor wanted them to update me on. They had hand outs and schedules to keep me organized with all my meds and appointments...let me use the pharmacy of my choice to save on cost or bundle IVF meds...The clinic was great and operated smoothly. The wait times were often minimal and if you did have a longer wait time of 15 minutes, you could check In with the front desk. The team was organized and the process of moving patients between US and labs was smooth.
She was very patient. I had a ton of questions and was very scared due to my past pregnancy losses. She was very empathetic and supportive. She always knew my labs and reviewed my chart. She remembered personal details and even checked up on me during the pregnancy. Being with her and the network at KU was like being part of a team that supports your vision of having a family. She was honest about protocols and treatment plans. After we had our child we decided to transfer another about 2 years later. I did miscarry at 6 weeks and came to the clinic to be checked out and while she did everything she could and my levels prior to the loss were excellent, she was supportive and followed up with me afterwords to discuss options and next steps.
To be open and honest with what your main goals are and be open and trusting to treatment plans.
Before seeing Dr. Holloch I was pregnant with triplets from OI meds and and IUI cycle. I went into labor at 22 weeks and my daughters passed away shortly after they wore born. We decided to try again but with Dr Holloch at KU medical. She was cautious and encouraged IVF to help reduce the risk of multiples by doing only 1 transferred embryo. It only took a few weeks for the stimulation meds of follistem to work. We did a frozen cycle because my body needed time to heal from the retrieval. Once healed we did estrogen to build up the lining. When my body failed to respond we did a low dose or letrozole to build the lining and it worked for me beautifully. I had my child 9 months later with no complications during the pregnancy or delivery.
I had 2 coordinations and a NP that we’re amazing and always knew what my current plan was and what the doctor wanted them to update me on. They had hand outs and schedules to keep me organized with all my meds and appointments.
I don’t recall the cost. We did several procedures and protocols that ranged. She let me use the pharmacy of my choice to save on cost or bundle IVF meds.
In my case loosing a multiples pregnancy it was no question for me and my doctor to only transfer 1 embryo.

Treated 2016 - 2017
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also.... I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.... IVF with ICSI and PGS testing (I'm over 40) Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, HCG trigger Natural cycle FET with HCG trigger and progesterone support (canceled medicated transfer because lining did not respond and I have a very regular 28-day cycle).
Dr. Marsh is a pro. She noticed my uterine lining was responding oddly to the medications prior to my FET, so she took me off meds and ordered a natural cycle with HCG trigger. It worked. We only had 1 genetically normal embryo, and she was very careful to ensure all conditions were absolutely optimal. She also took extra time with me after implantation when I had 10 weeks of bleeding due to a subchorionic hemorrhage. She never made me feel like a bother. I've sent my best friends to her and am currently starting my second IVF cycle in hopes of having a sibling for the 8 month old daughter Dr. Marsh already gave us.
Trust her.
Dr. Marsh is direct but has a compassionate demeanor. She cared about my emotional status throughout the process and even provided free guided meditation services with a nurse trained in this area. She took time to answer my questions without making me feel paranoid or like a bother.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Raquel)
The nursing staff are top notch and always take whatever time necessary to explain treatment plans and listen to other concerns. Also, the ultrasound technicians are excellent.
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also, from speaking with friends who used other clinics, I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.
I believe the IVF cycle cost approximately $12,500. Plus, we paid approximately $2,000 for my husband's sperm retrieval and ICSI. Medications were approximately $4,000. And, we did pgs testing. I cannot recall the cost for this.
Treated 2015 - 2017
After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she [Dr. Holoch] cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect...She took her time to explain the process, the likely reasons for my miscarriage, was encouraging but not pushy after our loss, and honest the whole way through
Weakness: [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine doesn't] get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet...She [nurse] was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
She is professional, kind, and honest. She is compassionate in the deliverance of suboptimal news, is honest but not blunt about predicted outcomes, and is able to have a sense of humor along the way!
Be upfront with any concerns- she is willing to listen and doesn’t take things personally.
We originally used all injectables on my first transfer with her. My lining grew slowly so she offered ideas to adjunct the medications that worked. After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect.
She was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
Weakness: They don’t get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet.
Copay, STD testing, HSG ultrasound, transfer, costs for our donor for all of that and embryo storage.
She gave us the option of what we wanted to do and outlined the probabilities of both as well as the risks involved.
Treated 2017
Doctor [Holoch] was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.... Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment... Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable.
All staff [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was again very understanding and empathetic.... Coordinator talked with our insurance and made it seem like the donor eggs would be covered due to having no exclusions but later was denied due to no procedure code.... $15,000 for donor eggs. Roughly a thousand or two for medications and roughly $3500 for transfer. Appointments were around $1-300. Unknown for blood work/tests.
Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable. Even while not directly working with her, she would take the time to answer any questions I had and again make sure it was understood.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions or ask for further explaination
Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment
It was recommended I go straight to donor eggs for a successful pregnancy. I first used estrogen patches that increased to 3mg that changed every couple days. My lining did not get thick enough during this time so that IVF cycle was cancelled and never used the remaining meds- progesterone of some sort. I then went to estrogen and progesterone shots twice a day- dosage unknown. We transferred two eggs in which both stuck but later miscarried one at 8 weeks. I stopped shots at 10/11 weeks and went to obgyn. This was a successful pregnancy. We still have one frozen embryo.
All staff was again very understanding and empathetic.
Great communication and easy process. Weakness- my insurance denied claims even though we supposedly had 15k lifetime towards fertility. I thought it was covered due to their staff talking with my insurance but somehow there was miscommunication and was not covered due to no diagnostic code for receiving donor eggs. We changed insurances in the middle of it and paid out of pocket for the procedure which had we known insurance wouldn’t cover donor eggs we would have at least had it cover the medication and transfer.
Doctor was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.
Treated 2016 - 2017
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner...Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
Dr. Marsh expected me to have a good attitude... after going through the hell we went through at our first clinic I do NOT have a good attitude. I am NOT going to be optimistic or happy for them to poke and prod on me again for a bunch of money and another emotional catastrophe. Dr. Marsh is an excellent doctor, and had I not been through the first cycle at another clinic, I'd probably have glowing reviews... all in all though, definitely recommend, she cannot help my attitude, just made me feel worse when she would ask " is there something wrong?" YES!! There is something wrong... we are here and are hoping we don't get our hearts broken again! EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!
Get to know her better on your first visit.
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner, not with a snippy response to use a antiquated "patient portal" and to quit calling the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hope and Raquel Chavez)
Jen Hope -- Totally saved the whole situation. Made sure we completely understood everything and worked with us on when we had to make the 4hr drive to the clinic for our ultrasounds. Raquel Chavez- Not in the office much, didn't answer my questions to the extent we needed prior to a procedure for me before our FET. Now we have a new person, Turri.. I have only dealt with her once.
Strengths - Male Factor Infertility - working with Dr. Nangia in the Urology department along with the Dr. Marsh gave us the hope of having a biological child that our clinic in Tulsa told us we would never have. If it had not been for Dr. Nangia we would have never done a 2nd IVF cycle. Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
The costs were less than what we experienced at the Tulsa Fertility Clinic by several thousand dollars and included more in the cost.
After my husband's TESE we were anxiously awaiting the results to see if any live sperm -- the clinic didn't have the right phone number (transposed?) and someone else got our message that it was going to be ok. We just had a few instances which we lacked some important details that would have created less stress for us.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Marsh was always willing to answer questions for me. She changed my treatment plan throughout different cycles as things changed. She would call me to discuss a change she wanted to make or if something didn't go as planned. I felt as if she was not in a hurry and wanted to make sure all my questions were answered. She would even meet with me sometimes to give me the next step information instead of the nurses from time to time. I really enjoyed being her patient and it was hard to leave. However, I was thrilled things worked out.
loved this clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.... My primary nurse was amazing. She was so friendly, bubbly and compassionate. She responded to my calls and emails very quickly and was wonderful to work with. Some of the other nurses I saw were wonderful as well. You begin to get to know them and they were always checking on me and seeing how things were going.
Advocate for yourself and ask any questions you want.
Dr. Marsh was always involved in my treatments. The nurses would ask her questions and either the nurse would call back or Dr. Marsh herself. I felt like she really wanted to help me and always answered all my questions and listened to any information I had read about. I felt like she was in my corner and I was definitely treated individually.
I had to jump straight into IVF with PGD. There was a lot of prep work before I was able to start my treatments. There were things that had to be done with my husband and my blood samples at an outside lab first. Once all that was complete, I started preparing for an egg retrieval. I took follistim and menopur until directed to stop. My dosage did change and increased over time as I was monitored. I then took the HCG injection to release the eggs and after the retrieval the embryos grew until day 5. The embroyologist took biopsied to send to our outside lab and the embryos were frozen. Once the results came back telling us which embryos were healthy, we started the prep for a transfer. I began using estrogen patches. Those didn't seem to work for me to build up my lining so they added in vaginal estrace three times a day. My lining didn't get thick enough so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle I didn't use patches but used the three estrace pills a day and then we added in follistim injections. My lining got better, but we found that there was a certain point where it was as thick as it would get. We cancelled that cycle and decided to do another egg retrieval because my lining seemed to respond better with those meds. We did another retrieval and transferred one of my frozen embryos. I became pregnant but developed OHSS and then lost the baby. I had a D&C and got an infection. Once everything was clean and ready, I prepared again for a transfer. We used estrace vaginally, follistim injections and then progesterone. This pregnancy took and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Kooser)
I loved this clinic. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.
I believe my first full cycle was $13,000 and then my second cycle was $9,000. My final transfer was $2,500.
Dr. Marsh felt it would be best because of my age to transfer one embryo. We agreed with that choice.

Treated 2014 - 2015
She [Dr. Krieg] was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
They [KU Center for Adv Repro Med] were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue. ... It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us ...
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took the time to meet with us, talk about the concerns, re-evaluate treatment as needed, and her office staff was fabulous!
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with IUI using Clomid and donor sperm after testing was done to ensure that I did not have any physical indicators of fertility problems, since my husband is transgender. When that did not work, we tried various combinations and amounts of Letrazole and eventually tried injectibles, which resulted in our pregnancy. She was very helpful too once we found out we were expecting multiples, and talked openly and honestly about the risks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gay)
Judy Gay was amazing! She was cheerful, supportive, empathic, and really got to know us. She showed that she cared and it made the whole process much easier! I honestly can't say enough positive things about her!
They were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us, and helped provide samples of medications when they could, especially after a cycle had to be cancelled halfway through when I got the flu and had already used a large amount of costly medication.
Sacha Krieg
Treated 2014 - 2015
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started...I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy,..but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice.
It [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything...getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very sweet and compassionate towards our situation. She had high hopes for us having success and a fast process. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I think that threw her off a bit, given my age and no fertility issues (that have been diagnosed by labs or other sources) since we have male factor infertility we were expecting such set backs with me not responding to the stimulation meds. I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy, which was a successful cycle and pregnancy which lead to having our daughter but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice. I think being more aggressive with the meds once the issue had arose and not being timid about it would have possibly prevented this from happening. Once the first cycle was cancelled I feel like there could have been more drastic change in protocol for the next but rather it was only very minor and again timid throughout which lead to a second cancelled cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My advice for anyone going through treatment is, be your own advocate! Stand up for yourself make sure you and your Dr are on the same page with your treatment. Ultimately it is you putting all your hopes, dreams, tears, time, and money into this. Make sure everyone is working just as hard and fighting for it as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started. The staff were also very friendly and always seemed invested in us personally each visit, inquiring about how we were doing and all.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st cycle- Agonist protocol with Menopur, follitstim and gannirilex. CANCELLED day 9 to poor response to stims. 2nd cycle- Agonist protocol again. Same medication, bumped doses by a quarter and still poor response, bumped a quarter again. CANCELLED CYCLE day 8/9 3rd cycle - CHANGED PROTOCOL Micro flare protocol. Menopur, follostim and micro dose Lupron. Stimmed for 14 days. 11eggs retrieved 10 mature 6 fertilized 1 5 day embryo and freeze FET with 5 day frozen embryo SUCCESSFUL transfer, pregnancy and birth of a baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen K )
Jen and the whole nursing staff were great! Jen was very compassionate and seemed so invested in our journey. She made us feel loved and cared for during the course of our treatments. Even through the set backs she was able to show she cared and sympathized for us. She was thorough in her teaching and explaining the process to us and elimating our fears. She celebrated our success as if she was as happy as we were and just overall was outstanding and met our expectations for a our nurse coordinator.
KU med is a very professional and clean clinic. It is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything. The only thing I can say is that getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$9,850 which included monitoring, egg retrieval (anesthesia included), icsi , and transfer. Medication was separate
Colleen Milroy

Treated 2019 - 2020
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] will take the time to answer all questions...Started at a low dose of letrozole and increased after viewing ultrasounds, would adjust the dosing as needed...always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms...She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary,
[Nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Super responsive through the patient portal...The clinic has a lot of special pricing for labs, tests, procedures that is set for people who's insurance doesn't cover care. I found these life saving...Located in a medical building, no code on the door, just walk on it. I've always been greeted immediately. Very organized facility. My appointments have never been 5mins or more past scheduled time, even with a packed waiting room
Dr. Marsh always greets you with a smile and sits on your level. She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary, which is disappointing, but speaks to how amazing she is.
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she will take the time to answer all questions.
Dr. Marsh always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms
Super responsive through the patient portal. Would reach out to Dr. Marsh with questions and get back quickly
Treated 2019 - 2020
I only saw the Doctor [Dr. Holoch] at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.We had unexplained infertility for 4 years. Every test was clear and endo surgery showed no signs of endo or inflammation. We did 1 round of IUI with fertility drugs and a trigger shot and it worked the first time...She was articulate and spoke plainly about what lie ahead. But after the initial consult I never saw her again. I don’t think that it is too rare but it is weird. I would have loved to have a more hands-on doctor, but I’m not sure that exists in the fertility world.
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee [at Kansas University]...It’s intimidating to only be able to call scheduling to get into the clinic. But after the initial touchpoint, it’s a very intuitive system. They respond so quickly to questions and are amazing with helping with financial coordination and insurance...I only saw the Doctor at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.
Be prepared with your own questions and arm yourself with as much research as possible. Get a personalized plan and go for gold the first time. Don’t wait around for someone to give you all the answers. Get them yourself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Hagan)
They were all amazing and treated us so well. They were amazing
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee.
Treated 2018 - 2020
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment...I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF...sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Kind and bubbly...truly caring...IUI 900...IVF 14000...For all women under 35 they do single [Eset]...Weakness it’s a busy clinic and sometimes they’d forget I need labs drawn so always double check if you’re waiting too long. Strength- the warm inviting environment, the staff are kind and hopeful. They’re really great at small talk and taking your mind off of your fears and anxieties. Almost feel like they all know you personally after a month.
She was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment
Ask questions!!! It’s a busy clinic and sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
The staff were kind and very warm. They had a great way of taking your mind o if things.
They use the online eIVF messaging website. That’s the main way you get appointments and procedures planned. The nurses navigate your care and are the ones that typically tell you the plan! I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF.
Kind and bubbly...truly caring
IUI 900 IVF 14000
For all women under 35 they do single.
They just forgot to schedule my labs so I was waiting after my appointment for 30 mins and when I asked they said the nurse for got to turn I. The paper to the lab tech
Treated 2017
I thought Dr. Marsh was wonderful. I had to have surgery, and she made me feel confident that this would fix our infertility. When that didn’t work for us, she honestly explained each of our options and explained why IVF was our best choice. She was compassionate, but still honest and gave us the facts. We appreciated that.... Dr. Marsh did tell us she will only transfer one embryo for your first transfer. It was not up for debate.
I loved the nursing staff [Kansas U]. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!... Strengths: Kind, compassionate, high success rate, and competitive pricing Weaknesses: Sometimes they were under staffed during my morning appointments in the lab part. I’d sometimes wait over 30 minutes to get my blood drawn.... The nurses engaged me in conversation
Dr. Marsh will not sugar coat your infertility. She sticks with honesty, and it could be hard to hear. She is not blunt, but she is honest.
The nurses engaged me in conversation, and I could tell they really cared about my needs. Dr. Marsh was very kind, and personally called me with my results for our egg retrieval.
I do not remember the exact protocols of our cycle.
I loved the nursing staff. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!
I was excited at every appointment! It wa so excited to see progress. The monitoring appointments were quick, and I was seen right away.
My IVF cycle was 14,000 dollars.
Treated 2015
She [Dr Marsh] was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
She was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
Dr Marsh had a great bedside manner. No complaints.
She allowed my body to develop a lining at its own (slow!) pace and adjusted my meds along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The nursing staff is so amazing that I actually MISSED them when my care transferred to a regular OB for prenatal care. I can't say enough positive things about nurse, Jen!
The clinic is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
I believe we paid about $12,000 for our IVF cycle with ICSI, and then another $5000 to a third party for PGS.
Overland Park
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take...Several medications, I thought it was overkill at first, but once she explained everything it made sense and I know its necessary to get the best results...Very personable, understood our issues and set a plan to make a baby happen, not making me feel like it could or couldn't happen, that we will make it happen.
[Staff at Kansas University Center are] Easy to get a hold of, work around my schedule for appointments, understood I was driving over an hour to get there. Very friendly staff, clean facility (nice also) easy to find, labeled well. Everyone I have encountered has been very empathetic, ask if I'm doing ok and make sure I understand whats going on and as if I have any questions before I leave the clinic...[nurses are] Very nice, able to speak to them in an educated manner, took their time with me and made sure I had all the info I needed before leaving the clinic.
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take.
Be ready to go!
Medications, some visit cost, ultrasound/sonogram, the IVF cycle itself.
Overland Park
Dr.Marsh treated me like a person. She took the time to get to know me and my situation. She was respectful, compassionate and informative. She listened to my concerns and goals to create a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. and I was able to start testing immediately. ... She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
They treat their patients with dignity and respect. ... They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. ... I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance! ... The office visits and testing were reasonably priced. ... The nursing staff is polite and helpful. ... I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. ...
Courtney Marsh is an excellent choice! She is an amazing person and Doctor!
She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
My protocol: Base line scan cycle day 2/3 Letrozole 7.5 Cycle days 3-7 (During my 2nd cycle I was prescribed 50mg clomid days 3-7) 50IU gonal-f on days 8-9 between 6p-8p follicle scan on day 10 250mcg ovidrel between 8-10p on day 11. (During one cycle I was instructed to administer 50IU of gonal-f between 6-8 in the evening on day 10 and ovidrel 250mcg on day 11). All 5 cycles resulted in negative tests and no pregnancies.
The nursing staff is polite and helpful.
They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance!
The office visits and testing were reasonably priced.
Overland Park

Dr Marsh has been great to work with so far. She was caring, spent time talking with my husband and i. Made sure we understood all options. ... We are still currently under going treatment. We have done 1 iui with Dr Marsh and moving onto Ivf. She has been caring and supportive so far. We will be meeting with her again soon for a ivf consult and to start the process. We are beyond thrilled to be moving forward with treatment
We did one round of iui with pills and injections [at KU Center for Advanced Repro Med]. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui. ... We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. ... They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
Ask questions!
We did one round of iui with pills and injections. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui.
They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. However the amount of knowledge dr Marsh has and being so positive, makes up for that.
I believe it was $1000 or more. I truly am not 100% sure.