6.9

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229

Treated 2017
I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult....Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate... We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult...Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own
Overall the nurses are friendly but disorganized. Don’t expect to have a personal relationship formed at this clinic with the staff [KU Med]. I certainly felt like another number not a human being trying to build a family.... I was disturbed that each nurse would have a different answer to my same question. During my second IUI the nurse laughed as she was in the middle of turkey basting me and said “oh I hope I did that right” .
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate. She provided my husband and I with our first feeling of hope to expand our family in a year. We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would say to have done research. Know the important questions to ask, things to expects, and to discuss your expectations as patients with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult. During each monthly visit I had a new nurse who clearly had not reviewed my file and did not ask the questions I had assumed would be important to know for my appointment. Ie mid sonogram would ask if I was in for egg retrieval’s or IUIs.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After reviewing my medical history and tests I had already completed through my obgyn at an attempt to discuss the factor causing my infertility. She determined the best plan was to have my husband complete two separate semen analysis - both which came back with “perfect” little swimmers. After ruling out make factor and knowing all my tests came back “normal” Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own aka take a pill everyday for a week then use our OPK at home kits to know the days we should be doing the baby dance. 4 months later no baby. Month 5 and 6 Dr. Holloch had planned to increase chlomid to 100 mg and start IUIS. Neither helped. Dr hollochs (aka her nurses) next recommendation was to schedule an IVF consult (for a small fee of 350$) with Dr Holloch as this was the “next best step and only solution” for my family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff were all over the place. Over 6 months at the clinic I never had the same nurse. I was disturbed that each nurse would have a different answer to my same question. During my second IUI the nurse laughed as she was in the middle of turkey basting me and said “oh I hope I did that right” .. me too since I just paid the receptionist over 600 dollars. Other nurses made promises that today was the day you would be making a baby - not a good thing to promise a desperate woman.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the nurses are friendly but disorganized. Don’t expect to have a personal relationship formed at this clinic with the staff. I certainly felt like another number not a human being trying to build a family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
600 dollars for one round of IUI. 200 dollars per sonogram before the IUI (this cost depends on your insurance, my insurance covered 60% of cost 200 is what I was still owed) 250 dollars for an initial consult. 350 dollars for IVF consult. My HSG test was quoted at up to 2500 dollars and thankfully insurance covered almost all of that. Each semen analysis was a couple hundred dollars (do not recall specific amount).
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My husband and I had our initial consult with the clinic and when we showed up they told us we weren’t on the schedule. After some digging we were in fact on the schedule. They were still able to “squeeze” us in with Dr. Holloch which resulted in a rushed initial consult.

Treated 2016 - 2017
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also.... I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.... IVF with ICSI and PGS testing (I'm over 40) Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, HCG trigger Natural cycle FET with HCG trigger and progesterone support (canceled medicated transfer because lining did not respond and I have a very regular 28-day cycle).
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh is a pro. She noticed my uterine lining was responding oddly to the medications prior to my FET, so she took me off meds and ordered a natural cycle with HCG trigger. It worked. We only had 1 genetically normal embryo, and she was very careful to ensure all conditions were absolutely optimal. She also took extra time with me after implantation when I had 10 weeks of bleeding due to a subchorionic hemorrhage. She never made me feel like a bother. I've sent my best friends to her and am currently starting my second IVF cycle in hopes of having a sibling for the 8 month old daughter Dr. Marsh already gave us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh is direct but has a compassionate demeanor. She cared about my emotional status throughout the process and even provided free guided meditation services with a nurse trained in this area. She took time to answer my questions without making me feel paranoid or like a bother.
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Raquel)
The nursing staff are top notch and always take whatever time necessary to explain treatment plans and listen to other concerns. Also, the ultrasound technicians are excellent.
The clinic is organized. Busy, but this is attributable to their solid reputation. I never waited longer than 15 minutes, and I felt like each team member was pulling for us. Also, from speaking with friends who used other clinics, I'm confident KU has the best equipment and on-site facilities without the need to go elsewhere for procedures or scans.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I believe the IVF cycle cost approximately $12,500. Plus, we paid approximately $2,000 for my husband's sperm retrieval and ICSI. Medications were approximately $4,000. And, we did pgs testing. I cannot recall the cost for this.
Treated 2017
Doctor [Holoch] was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.... Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment... Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable.
All staff [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] was again very understanding and empathetic.... Coordinator talked with our insurance and made it seem like the donor eggs would be covered due to having no exclusions but later was denied due to no procedure code.... $15,000 for donor eggs. Roughly a thousand or two for medications and roughly $3500 for transfer. Appointments were around $1-300. Unknown for blood work/tests.
Very caring and showed understanding with any setbacks. Would explain process and test results in a way that was easily understandable. Even while not directly working with her, she would take the time to answer any questions I had and again make sure it was understood.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions or ask for further explaination
Great bedside manner, willing to listen and figure out best treatment
It was recommended I go straight to donor eggs for a successful pregnancy. I first used estrogen patches that increased to 3mg that changed every couple days. My lining did not get thick enough during this time so that IVF cycle was cancelled and never used the remaining meds- progesterone of some sort. I then went to estrogen and progesterone shots twice a day- dosage unknown. We transferred two eggs in which both stuck but later miscarried one at 8 weeks. I stopped shots at 10/11 weeks and went to obgyn. This was a successful pregnancy. We still have one frozen embryo.
All staff was again very understanding and empathetic.
Great communication and easy process. Weakness- my insurance denied claims even though we supposedly had 15k lifetime towards fertility. I thought it was covered due to their staff talking with my insurance but somehow there was miscommunication and was not covered due to no diagnostic code for receiving donor eggs. We changed insurances in the middle of it and paid out of pocket for the procedure which had we known insurance wouldn’t cover donor eggs we would have at least had it cover the medication and transfer.
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor was comfortable transferring two embryos. Both stuck but miscarried one at 8 weeks. I wish I asked about success rates in regards to if it is better to transfer one or two as I wonder if I would have miscarried if only one was transferred.
Treated 2015 - 2017
After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she [Dr. Holoch] cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect...She took her time to explain the process, the likely reasons for my miscarriage, was encouraging but not pushy after our loss, and honest the whole way through
Weakness: [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine doesn't] get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet...She [nurse] was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
She is professional, kind, and honest. She is compassionate in the deliverance of suboptimal news, is honest but not blunt about predicted outcomes, and is able to have a sense of humor along the way!
Be upfront with any concerns- she is willing to listen and doesn’t take things personally.
We originally used all injectables on my first transfer with her. My lining grew slowly so she offered ideas to adjunct the medications that worked. After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect.
She was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
Weakness: They don’t get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet.
Copay, STD testing, HSG ultrasound, transfer, costs for our donor for all of that and embryo storage.
She gave us the option of what we wanted to do and outlined the probabilities of both as well as the risks involved.
Treated 2015 - 2017
I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she [Dr. Marsh] never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined....I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating.
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] did not take into account of some drug intolerances I had which meant when I was given a tetanus shot, as they felt I needed one prior to starting with them since it had been years since my last one, I had an allergic reaction...When I left this clinic they also failed to forward my chart on to the next provider, even after I signed the paperwork and spoke with records several times.
I was face to face with Dr Marsh on two occasions, the first when I had my consult and the second when I was there for what felt like the 100th sonogram. I never had any other form of personal contact from her. I walked away from Dr. Marsh feeling like all I had done was put money in her pocket and make a hole in my bank account and our hearts after month after month or failed attempts. I was so now to everything back then, I had no idea she was not doing everything possible and I did not know anything about IVF back then so I was clueless that IVF may be the answer to our years of unanswered prayers. I had to advocate for myself the entire time I was there, having her as a doctor and the lack of communication and the failed treatments was defeating. I wouldn't want anyone else to ever have to go through that. When you select a provider you do so in hopes they are going to side with you and help you attain a goal, a goal that you both put your heads together to try and achieve, this however did not happen.
If you want to use this provider, be your own advocate, do your own research and learn everything you can about infertility because Dr. Marsh is not the provider who is going to help guide you through this maze.
I did not feel like I was treated as an individual, because she never changed protocol or even suggested IVF or IUI all she wanted to do was keep doing TI even after 2 years. As we stayed with her longer, her communication between her and I and her staff and I declined.
On our first cycle we used clomid 50mg for 5 days and gonal f 75 units at night, my follices did not respond and after 46 days of shots we decided to start over without them inducing a period and switch to femara 5mg for 5 days and then started back on gonal f we raised it to 100 units at night and after 120 days on this cycle I called it just before New Years. Every cycle after that we used femara 5mg and gonal f between 100-175 iu and then HCG shot and did TI none of the cycles resulted in a positive pregnancy but after the first one all of the cycles did result in follicles and with the HCG shot I had a positive ovulation test.
Dr Marsh's nurse was very nice, I cannot remember her name offhand but she always answered my emails within a few hours and if I needed a PA or any med called in she would make sure that I had it even if she needed to figure it out on the weekends or after hours at the office. I saw this nurse more than I saw my provider and she was there for most of my follicle scans and for the negative results every cycle.
The clinic itself is not up to the standards of the parent facility. KU Med is widely known for its amazing providers, state of the art testing/treatments/equipment this clinic was nothing more than an average OB office. You may have an appointment scheduled for something but that is a soft appointment as there are likely to be 5-10 other people scheduled at the same time, especially on the weekends. This clinic used to be open even on the weekends, but as I did my last cycle there they changed to only being open 8-5 Monday through Friday, which, with this type of treatment makes things super complicated.
Usual costs of lab work, ultrasounds, and medications. My HMO covered most of my ultrasounds and lab work and I used compassionate care for the medications that were not covered.
As I stated before if you go here you need to be your own advocate. This clinic did not take into account of some drug intolerances I had which meant when I was given a tetanus shot, as they felt I needed one prior to starting with them since it had been years since my last one, I had an allergic reaction. My arm started to get a welt like a golf ball and it was red and hot to touch in the area, I called and they advised me to go to urgent care locally which told me there was nothing that could be done. The clinic on numerous times told me conflicting things, including after me asking about IVF, them telling me that it is the least effective way to get pregnant and that the numbers of success are less than with TI. When I left this clinic they also failed to forward my chart on to the next provider, even after I signed the paperwork and spoke with records several times.
Treated 2016 - 2017
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner...Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
Dr. Marsh expected me to have a good attitude... after going through the hell we went through at our first clinic I do NOT have a good attitude. I am NOT going to be optimistic or happy for them to poke and prod on me again for a bunch of money and another emotional catastrophe. Dr. Marsh is an excellent doctor, and had I not been through the first cycle at another clinic, I'd probably have glowing reviews... all in all though, definitely recommend, she cannot help my attitude, just made me feel worse when she would ask " is there something wrong?" YES!! There is something wrong... we are here and are hoping we don't get our hearts broken again! EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!
Get to know her better on your first visit.
KU med specifically made us feel more like they were on our team than our previous clinic. There was no demand for money prior to being seen and our phone calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner, not with a snippy response to use a antiquated "patient portal" and to quit calling the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hope and Raquel Chavez)
Jen Hope -- Totally saved the whole situation. Made sure we completely understood everything and worked with us on when we had to make the 4hr drive to the clinic for our ultrasounds. Raquel Chavez- Not in the office much, didn't answer my questions to the extent we needed prior to a procedure for me before our FET. Now we have a new person, Turri.. I have only dealt with her once.
Strengths - Male Factor Infertility - working with Dr. Nangia in the Urology department along with the Dr. Marsh gave us the hope of having a biological child that our clinic in Tulsa told us we would never have. If it had not been for Dr. Nangia we would have never done a 2nd IVF cycle. Weakness - complete communication-- Didn't have a full bladder when I went for an appt, no one told me this needed to be done. Sent consent for FET in 3x before they finally stopped asking for it. Didn't answer all my email questions, phone system is always out of date or no one will answer. At the time of IVF, we were supposed to be at the clinic at 6 AM. The door was locked and no one would answer the phone, until the nurse came down looking for us 15 minutes later. Lots of details that would have made it a little less stressful for us.
The costs were less than what we experienced at the Tulsa Fertility Clinic by several thousand dollars and included more in the cost.
After my husband's TESE we were anxiously awaiting the results to see if any live sperm -- the clinic didn't have the right phone number (transposed?) and someone else got our message that it was going to be ok. We just had a few instances which we lacked some important details that would have created less stress for us.

Treated 2016
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive....Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background....I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF.... I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg.
Nurses kept forgetting that my wife and I were a same-sex couple, that she was going to go through egg retrieval and that I was going to carry the baby. The clinic [KU] was a bit of a circus. We'd show up at the time of our appointment and it was basically unpredictable whether we'd be seen on time, or how much time it would take.... My wife almost missed a cycle because they wrote my date of birth instead of hers in a baseline blood test they ordered for her to have on a Friday.
Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background. I would recommend her to anyone experiencing infertility.
I don't really have any advice to give. Dr. Holoch was great.
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive.
I went through 3 unsuccessful IUIs with my own eggs with a different doctor who ended up leaving the KU Med clinic I went to. A few months later, thanks to funding we received from the Baby Quest Foundation, I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF. Unfortunately, the stimulation was not successful. I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg. She therefore recommended canceling the IVF and instead doing an IUI, which was not successful. I was then 37. My wife at the time was 28. Given the lack of success with my eggs, we decided to begin an IVF cycle with her eggs. She went through the stimulation and had 13 eggs retrieved, 11 of which were mature. We ended up with 5 fertilized eggs (with sperm from a donor), 2 of which gave us good embryos. We froze the embryos and 1 of them was transferred into my uterus a month later. This is how we had our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams was the primary nurse. Different coordinators were in charge at different points in time.)
Dr. Holoch was great, but her staff was a disaster. Nurses kept forgetting that my wife and I were a same-sex couple, that she was going to go through egg retrieval and that I was going to carry the baby. The clinic was a bit of a circus. We'd show up at the time of our appointment and it was basically unpredictable whether we'd be seen on time, or how much time it would take. More than once, they ordered the wrong medications and/or forgot to order certain medications. If I had not been on top of things, I would have missed some of the medications I was supposed to take during the stimulation period. Our experience with this clinic was not great. If we had known this ahead of time, we would have selected a different clinic. We're not sure who is to blame--the doctor, the nursing/coordinating team, the system in place, or all of the above.
Because the nursing staff was very disorganized, we did not have a great experience with this clinic. We do not know if our experience extends to the whole clinic or just to the staff who worked with Dr. Holoch. Either way, we would not recommend this clinic.
The canceled IVF cycle, the successful IVF cycle, and the egg transfer ended up costing about $15,000. This does not include any of the medicine.
Given the higher risk associated with twin pregnancies, and because my wife was younger and her eggs were likely to be healthy, Dr. Holoch recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time, which is what we did.
Another example of things that went wrong: My wife almost missed a cycle because they wrote my date of birth instead of hers in a baseline blood test they ordered for her to have on a Friday. Since the clinic closes early on Fridays, the error could not be fixed until the following week. The list of examples like these goes on and on.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Marsh was always willing to answer questions for me. She changed my treatment plan throughout different cycles as things changed. She would call me to discuss a change she wanted to make or if something didn't go as planned. I felt as if she was not in a hurry and wanted to make sure all my questions were answered. She would even meet with me sometimes to give me the next step information instead of the nurses from time to time. I really enjoyed being her patient and it was hard to leave. However, I was thrilled things worked out.
loved this clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.... My primary nurse was amazing. She was so friendly, bubbly and compassionate. She responded to my calls and emails very quickly and was wonderful to work with. Some of the other nurses I saw were wonderful as well. You begin to get to know them and they were always checking on me and seeing how things were going.
Advocate for yourself and ask any questions you want.
Dr. Marsh was always involved in my treatments. The nurses would ask her questions and either the nurse would call back or Dr. Marsh herself. I felt like she really wanted to help me and always answered all my questions and listened to any information I had read about. I felt like she was in my corner and I was definitely treated individually.
I had to jump straight into IVF with PGD. There was a lot of prep work before I was able to start my treatments. There were things that had to be done with my husband and my blood samples at an outside lab first. Once all that was complete, I started preparing for an egg retrieval. I took follistim and menopur until directed to stop. My dosage did change and increased over time as I was monitored. I then took the HCG injection to release the eggs and after the retrieval the embryos grew until day 5. The embroyologist took biopsied to send to our outside lab and the embryos were frozen. Once the results came back telling us which embryos were healthy, we started the prep for a transfer. I began using estrogen patches. Those didn't seem to work for me to build up my lining so they added in vaginal estrace three times a day. My lining didn't get thick enough so we cancelled the cycle. The next cycle I didn't use patches but used the three estrace pills a day and then we added in follistim injections. My lining got better, but we found that there was a certain point where it was as thick as it would get. We cancelled that cycle and decided to do another egg retrieval because my lining seemed to respond better with those meds. We did another retrieval and transferred one of my frozen embryos. I became pregnant but developed OHSS and then lost the baby. I had a D&C and got an infection. Once everything was clean and ready, I prepared again for a transfer. We used estrace vaginally, follistim injections and then progesterone. This pregnancy took and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Kooser)
I loved this clinic. The staff when you check in were always friendly and helpful. The ladies in the lab were wonderful. The nurses are great and would answer any questions they could. They sometimes have to break bad news and I felt very safe there. Overall I was extremely pleased with the whole staff.
I believe my first full cycle was $13,000 and then my second cycle was $9,000. My final transfer was $2,500.
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Marsh felt it would be best because of my age to transfer one embryo. We agreed with that choice.

Treated 2014 - 2015
She [Dr. Krieg] was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
They [KU Center for Adv Repro Med] were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue. ... It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us ...
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She was very helpful, realistic, and honest about the limitations and concerns of the treatment. She was very respectful, eager to help, and knowledgeable, which was very helpful given the fact that we had such a negative previous experience. Seeking fertility help as a member of a couple in which at least one member is transgender was difficult in the Midwest, especially before DOMA was overruled, and Dr. Krieg and her office staff were very welcoming and made us feel safe and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took the time to meet with us, talk about the concerns, re-evaluate treatment as needed, and her office staff was fabulous!
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with IUI using Clomid and donor sperm after testing was done to ensure that I did not have any physical indicators of fertility problems, since my husband is transgender. When that did not work, we tried various combinations and amounts of Letrazole and eventually tried injectibles, which resulted in our pregnancy. She was very helpful too once we found out we were expecting multiples, and talked openly and honestly about the risks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gay)
Judy Gay was amazing! She was cheerful, supportive, empathic, and really got to know us. She showed that she cared and it made the whole process much easier! I honestly can't say enough positive things about her!
They were organized, welcoming, friendly, and answered our questions openly and honestly, which was helpful after a very negative experience previously. They are LGBTQ and trans friendly and affirming, and never made it an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, as it was all out of pocket with no insurance coverage. They were able to work with us, and helped provide samples of medications when they could, especially after a cycle had to be cancelled halfway through when I got the flu and had already used a large amount of costly medication.
Sacha Krieg
Treated 2015
We went with this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst.
We went with this clinic because we had a successful IUI previously to conceive our daughter. However, IVF is a whole other ballgame. Dr. Marsh did VERY little testing, only a saline sonogram to check my uterus. She did not complete new bloodwork or do any other sonograms to check for other potential issues. On the day of fresh transfer she was completely unable and or unwilling to answer questions about our embryos when we discovered there was only one that made it to blastocyst. That transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For our frozen transfer she only required two monitoring checks and told us our blastocyst looked "good." (Later we would find out from a VERY well respected dr that the same blastocyst had quite a few dead cells. I was likely to not result in pregnancy.) Overall I do not feel that Dr. Marsh was honest with us about chances for that pregnancy.
I would STRONGLY recommend NOT using this doctor or clinic.
I voiced some serious concerns over treatment at one point and the nurse was not able to answer the questions. Dr. Marsh did call me back and took some time to explain her reasons for the treatment. Nurses for the most part were patient and kind.
I started with BC to line up my cycle with when the clinic would do retrievals. I then began injections of follistim, menopur, and ganirilex. After 10 days I took a trigger shot of Novarel and then had the egg retrieval. That evening I was on Medrol, Doxycycline, Estrogen, and Progesterone. Transfer was completed 5 days later. This cycle was a chemical pregnancy. For the FET I was on Estradiol for 20 days before starting Endometrim for 5 days and then the transfer. I also had estradiol patches to increase lining. This transfer was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachelle)
The nursing staff was wonderful (although this is important, I STRONGLY recommend not choosing a clinic based on the kindness of nurses. You want someone who gets you pregnant!)
This clinic has undergone MAJOR changes during 2015. Three doctors left as well as the head of their lab. To my knowledge Marsh is the only doctor who is actually board certified. I have used this clinic in some aspect since 2012 and have witnessed it slowly fall apart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were only done in the morning between 7-9 am. It was different every time I went whether you would wait for 5 minutes or 50.
A cycle of IVF was just under $10k without medication. A frozen cycle was a little over $4k without medication. All testing was a separate charge.
The quality of a transferred frozen embryo was completely ignored. We were told it was "good" and only later did another VERY well respected doctor tell us it had quite a few dead cells.
Treated 2014 - 2015
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started...I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy,..but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice.
It [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything...getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
How was your experience with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very sweet and compassionate towards our situation. She had high hopes for us having success and a fast process. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I think that threw her off a bit, given my age and no fertility issues (that have been diagnosed by labs or other sources) since we have male factor infertility we were expecting such set backs with me not responding to the stimulation meds. I think overall we achieved what we intended with Dr Milroy, which was a successful cycle and pregnancy which lead to having our daughter but I do feel like things could have been prevented / a better outcome had she and the coordinator made adjustments appropriately/timely in order to prevent my cycles being cancelled twice. I think being more aggressive with the meds once the issue had arose and not being timid about it would have possibly prevented this from happening. Once the first cycle was cancelled I feel like there could have been more drastic change in protocol for the next but rather it was only very minor and again timid throughout which lead to a second cancelled cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
My advice for anyone going through treatment is, be your own advocate! Stand up for yourself make sure you and your Dr are on the same page with your treatment. Ultimately it is you putting all your hopes, dreams, tears, time, and money into this. Make sure everyone is working just as hard and fighting for it as you are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
DR Milroy was very professional and compassionate, she never seemed to rush during her appointments and did take the time to explain the process before we got started. The staff were also very friendly and always seemed invested in us personally each visit, inquiring about how we were doing and all.
Describe the protocols Colleen Milroy used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st cycle- Agonist protocol with Menopur, follitstim and gannirilex. CANCELLED day 9 to poor response to stims. 2nd cycle- Agonist protocol again. Same medication, bumped doses by a quarter and still poor response, bumped a quarter again. CANCELLED CYCLE day 8/9 3rd cycle - CHANGED PROTOCOL Micro flare protocol. Menopur, follostim and micro dose Lupron. Stimmed for 14 days. 11eggs retrieved 10 mature 6 fertilized 1 5 day embryo and freeze FET with 5 day frozen embryo SUCCESSFUL transfer, pregnancy and birth of a baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen K )
Jen and the whole nursing staff were great! Jen was very compassionate and seemed so invested in our journey. She made us feel loved and cared for during the course of our treatments. Even through the set backs she was able to show she cared and sympathized for us. She was thorough in her teaching and explaining the process to us and elimating our fears. She celebrated our success as if she was as happy as we were and just overall was outstanding and met our expectations for a our nurse coordinator.
KU med is a very professional and clean clinic. It is ran well and with very friendly staff. Any questions you had were answered and never made you feel silly for anything. The only thing I can say is that getting a hold of the clinic over the phone can sometimes be a hassle. Once you are in the process tho, you are given an email to your nurse and can hear back and get responses pretty quickly. I would reccoment this clinic if you are in the area, for sure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Milroy at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$9,850 which included monitoring, egg retrieval (anesthesia included), icsi , and transfer. Medication was separate
Colleen Milroy

Treated 2013
We didn3 IUIs with dr Milroy and prior to that several timed intercourse cycles. None of our cycles were successful and I only saw dr Milroy once and that was during our initial consultation....Dr Milroy was our first RE and I was “younger” at 28 when we started seeing her. I felt she never took our concerns seriously. She misdiagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus, on top of several other fertility misses. I saw her during our initial consultation and then never again. She didn’t do any ultrasounds, didn’t call to let me know what was going o
I never saw the same nurse. I had asked multiple times that when they called and had to leave a message they [KU Med] leave the result... They were so busy and so unorganized. It became so frustrating as a patient. ..I had to always call back and hope to catch someone who could give me my lab value. I was also asked by a nurse to switch pharmacies so it would be easier for her...I had to call several times with issues from pharmacy, to lab results and even correct labs
Dr Milroy was our first RE and I was “younger” at 28 when we started seeing her. I felt she never took our concerns seriously. She misdiagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus, on top of several other fertility misses. I saw her during our initial consultation and then never again. She didn’t do any ultrasounds, didn’t call to let me know what was going on, and didn’t do one of our IUIs
Have a good knowledge of fertility, advocate for yourself, ask questions. When you feel it is time to move on, do so
We didn3 IUIs with dr Milroy and prior to that several timed intercourse cycles. None of our cycles were successful and I only saw dr Milroy once and that was during our initial consultation. The nursing staff was not helpful and I actually had one nurse ask me if I could use a different pharmacy so it would be easier for her
I don’t remember, we did 3 IUIs and two were with injectables
I never saw the same nurse. I had asked multiple times that when they called and had to leave a message they leave the result. I had been told we were unexplained infertility (now know that is completely inaccurate) and was told after each lab, “everything looks great!” I had to always call back and hope to catch someone who could give me my lab value. I was also asked by a nurse to switch pharmacies so it would be easier for her
The office was nice. They were so busy and so unorganized. It became so frustrating as a patient. I now realize that it is not the norm for the RE to be in on appointments and procedures. It makes it so much easier on everyone when they are present. It was so frustrating trying to get answers even when I was physically in the office
I don’t remember the cost
Describe Colleen Milroy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
We never discussed ivf
Colleen Milroy

Treated 2019 - 2020
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] will take the time to answer all questions...Started at a low dose of letrozole and increased after viewing ultrasounds, would adjust the dosing as needed...always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms...She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary,
[Nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Super responsive through the patient portal...The clinic has a lot of special pricing for labs, tests, procedures that is set for people who's insurance doesn't cover care. I found these life saving...Located in a medical building, no code on the door, just walk on it. I've always been greeted immediately. Very organized facility. My appointments have never been 5mins or more past scheduled time, even with a packed waiting room
Dr. Marsh always greets you with a smile and sits on your level. She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary, which is disappointing, but speaks to how amazing she is.
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she will take the time to answer all questions.
Dr. Marsh always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms
Super responsive through the patient portal. Would reach out to Dr. Marsh with questions and get back quickly
Treated 2018 - 2020
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment...I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF...sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Kind and bubbly...truly caring...IUI 900...IVF 14000...For all women under 35 they do single [Eset]...Weakness it’s a busy clinic and sometimes they’d forget I need labs drawn so always double check if you’re waiting too long. Strength- the warm inviting environment, the staff are kind and hopeful. They’re really great at small talk and taking your mind off of your fears and anxieties. Almost feel like they all know you personally after a month.
She was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment
Ask questions!!! It’s a busy clinic and sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
The staff were kind and very warm. They had a great way of taking your mind o if things.
They use the online eIVF messaging website. That’s the main way you get appointments and procedures planned. The nurses navigate your care and are the ones that typically tell you the plan! I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF.
Kind and bubbly...truly caring
IUI 900 IVF 14000
For all women under 35 they do single.
They just forgot to schedule my labs so I was waiting after my appointment for 30 mins and when I asked they said the nurse for got to turn I. The paper to the lab tech
Treated 2019 - 2020
I only saw the Doctor [Dr. Holoch] at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.We had unexplained infertility for 4 years. Every test was clear and endo surgery showed no signs of endo or inflammation. We did 1 round of IUI with fertility drugs and a trigger shot and it worked the first time...She was articulate and spoke plainly about what lie ahead. But after the initial consult I never saw her again. I don’t think that it is too rare but it is weird. I would have loved to have a more hands-on doctor, but I’m not sure that exists in the fertility world.
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee [at Kansas University]...It’s intimidating to only be able to call scheduling to get into the clinic. But after the initial touchpoint, it’s a very intuitive system. They respond so quickly to questions and are amazing with helping with financial coordination and insurance...I only saw the Doctor at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.
Be prepared with your own questions and arm yourself with as much research as possible. Get a personalized plan and go for gold the first time. Don’t wait around for someone to give you all the answers. Get them yourself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Hagan)
They were all amazing and treated us so well. They were amazing
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee.
Overland Park

[Dr. Courtney Marsh] always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had...always showed encouraging and positive attitudes...Timed intercourse- Tried with just taking on hormone with trigger injection and then after a couple of cycles with no luck turned to two hormones at the same time with trigger injection...was very up front with me during any of treatments...Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine], [nurses are] always wiling to answer questions...$329 for every ultrasound done to look at my follicles- $107 for every injection that would of been monthly- and $25-30 for hormone medication also monthly...front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Dr. Marsh always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had. Office staff and Dr. Marsh always showed encouraging and positive attitudes. Like that I can communicate with them thru the portal and am always answered in a timely manor.
Try to always be optimistic, being negative only creates stress. Know you are not the only person with this issue and trying to conceive just like you.
Dr. was very up front with me during any of treatments. Always had a very positive attitude which helped to encourage me to be more positive regarding treatment. Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment, always wiling to answer questions.
Very great doctors and nurses, front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Clinic forgot to call in refill for prescriptions that I needed.
Treated 2017
I thought Dr. Marsh was wonderful. I had to have surgery, and she made me feel confident that this would fix our infertility. When that didn’t work for us, she honestly explained each of our options and explained why IVF was our best choice. She was compassionate, but still honest and gave us the facts. We appreciated that.... Dr. Marsh did tell us she will only transfer one embryo for your first transfer. It was not up for debate.
I loved the nursing staff [Kansas U]. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!... Strengths: Kind, compassionate, high success rate, and competitive pricing Weaknesses: Sometimes they were under staffed during my morning appointments in the lab part. I’d sometimes wait over 30 minutes to get my blood drawn.... The nurses engaged me in conversation
Dr. Marsh will not sugar coat your infertility. She sticks with honesty, and it could be hard to hear. She is not blunt, but she is honest.
The nurses engaged me in conversation, and I could tell they really cared about my needs. Dr. Marsh was very kind, and personally called me with my results for our egg retrieval.
I do not remember the exact protocols of our cycle.
I loved the nursing staff. They made me feel so comfortable, taught me how to give myself my injections, and answered any questions! The nurses were amazing!
I was excited at every appointment! It wa so excited to see progress. The monitoring appointments were quick, and I was seen right away.
My IVF cycle was 14,000 dollars.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr Courtney Marsh is the nicest Dr. She listens, she is compassionate. Now that being said. I think she isnt aggressive enough with her harder cases. She likes to follow the book and treat every case like a text book case, which infertility is definitely not text book.... Im DOR. Ive always been on the highest amount of meds for the longest they can push me. Usually 12-14 days. Ive always did 5 day transfers. With progesterone until 14dpt. With donor eggs the only thing we did differently was tried to endo scratch. Those results were never sent off to be tested.
I think the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med-Overland Park] overall is an ok clinic. Im just not sure they are aggressive enough with treatments. They are textbook.... All of the ultrasound techs are very compassionate which is good because you see them alot. I only had a primary IVF nurse because I only ever did IVF. She was nice but easily aggravated. The blood lab ladies were always very nice.
Not sure.
I think the Kansas City area as a whole lacks enough Reproductive Endocrinologists. With as many couples seeking treatment as there are. This clinic as well as every other one in the area, they're just busy. And you are on there time.
All ultra sound nurses are great
I believe it was 10-12 thousand. Not counting medication.
Never had the choice. Usually only had one to transfer.
I think the clinic overall is an ok clinic. Im just not sure they are aggressive enough with treatments. They are textbook.
Treated 2015
She [Dr Marsh] was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
The clinic [KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
She was the third doctor I had worked with, and I felt her level of care and attention was appropriate given my history of treatments. I'm polycystic but also have a thin lining issue. She thought outside the box with my protocol and I feel that is why I was finally able to achieve a pregnancy. At the point in my FET cycle when most Drs would have cancelled me for lining, Dr Marsh allowed my body to go a little longer on the meds to see if my lining would thicken, just at a slower pace than most patients. It worked!
Dr Marsh had a great bedside manner. No complaints.
She allowed my body to develop a lining at its own (slow!) pace and adjusted my meds along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The nursing staff is so amazing that I actually MISSED them when my care transferred to a regular OB for prenatal care. I can't say enough positive things about nurse, Jen!
The clinic is busy, but the staff is friendly and well organized. My only complaint is that wait times could be long for a blood work/sono appointment depending on the day and time. (Monday and Friday mornings especially) They offer appointments as early as 7:00/7:30 for working gals like myself, and on certain days of the week 6:30!
I believe we paid about $12,000 for our IVF cycle with ICSI, and then another $5000 to a third party for PGS.
Overland Park
Dr.Marsh treated me like a person. She took the time to get to know me and my situation. She was respectful, compassionate and informative. She listened to my concerns and goals to create a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. and I was able to start testing immediately. ... She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
They treat their patients with dignity and respect. ... They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. ... I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance! ... The office visits and testing were reasonably priced. ... The nursing staff is polite and helpful. ... I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. ...
Courtney Marsh is an excellent choice! She is an amazing person and Doctor!
She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
My protocol: Base line scan cycle day 2/3 Letrozole 7.5 Cycle days 3-7 (During my 2nd cycle I was prescribed 50mg clomid days 3-7) 50IU gonal-f on days 8-9 between 6p-8p follicle scan on day 10 250mcg ovidrel between 8-10p on day 11. (During one cycle I was instructed to administer 50IU of gonal-f between 6-8 in the evening on day 10 and ovidrel 250mcg on day 11). All 5 cycles resulted in negative tests and no pregnancies.
The nursing staff is polite and helpful.
They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance!
The office visits and testing were reasonably priced.
Overland Park
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take...Several medications, I thought it was overkill at first, but once she explained everything it made sense and I know its necessary to get the best results...Very personable, understood our issues and set a plan to make a baby happen, not making me feel like it could or couldn't happen, that we will make it happen.
[Staff at Kansas University Center are] Easy to get a hold of, work around my schedule for appointments, understood I was driving over an hour to get there. Very friendly staff, clean facility (nice also) easy to find, labeled well. Everyone I have encountered has been very empathetic, ask if I'm doing ok and make sure I understand whats going on and as if I have any questions before I leave the clinic...[nurses are] Very nice, able to speak to them in an educated manner, took their time with me and made sure I had all the info I needed before leaving the clinic.
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take.
Be ready to go!
Medications, some visit cost, ultrasound/sonogram, the IVF cycle itself.
Treated 2014 - 2015
She [Dr. Marsh] does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.... She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.... I would recommend they be prepared with a specific list of questions because the time with her is short.
The clinic [Kansas University Ctr] is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us....I really like all of the nurses we encountered. They answered any questions we had and were all very friendly. They responded to calls and emails very quickly.
She does seem like a very good doctor but just is not personable and did not give much time to talk over treatment plan. She did not say anything about my husband’s side of the infertility and the cause was never stated.
She wasn’t very personable and seemed to just be going through the motions.
The clinic is nice and clean. It it difficult to get through on the phones sometimes even during business hours. It seemed like there were certain a times they office assistants would actually answer the phone. The clinic worked well with scheduling times that worked for us.
IVF was $9,500 plus the cost of meds which was quoted at $3,000-$5,000. Each semen analysis was $220. Infectious disease labs were $700 and basic labs were $220.
She only does eSET she says.
Treated 2015
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional....However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic....One thing is make sure you get the office to agree to in-person consultations after a failed procedure. My husband and I had a hard time getting a time and a location to meet with Dr. Marsh after our failed retrieval.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic [KU Med] and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies...Turri was the main nurse and IVF coordinator. She was professional and all business. I sometimes needed her to re-explain or walk through Items again because she would fly through the instructions. It would have been nice to have been shown a little more compassion. The other nurses we interacted with for shots and during retrieval were warmer.
Dr. Marsh was very professional and kind. However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic.
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Turri Hall)
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies. Once we discovered SART reports, my husband and I felt they didn’t have the successes to continue with them.
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high...uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps...She’s good, but blunt. Ask lots of questions and rational she will explain it well but it may be hard to hear.
A few times my labs [from Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask...The clinic is fast, they’re good at getting you in to see a dr and starting treatments. All communication is done through a portal called eIVF and it definitely has its glitches. I do wish I could just call and chat with a nurse...Dr. Marsh uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps.
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high/
A few times my labs were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask.
Overland Park

Dr Marsh has been great to work with so far. She was caring, spent time talking with my husband and i. Made sure we understood all options. ... We are still currently under going treatment. We have done 1 iui with Dr Marsh and moving onto Ivf. She has been caring and supportive so far. We will be meeting with her again soon for a ivf consult and to start the process. We are beyond thrilled to be moving forward with treatment
We did one round of iui with pills and injections [at KU Center for Advanced Repro Med]. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui. ... We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. ... They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
Ask questions!
We did one round of iui with pills and injections. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui.
They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. However the amount of knowledge dr Marsh has and being so positive, makes up for that.
I believe it was $1000 or more. I truly am not 100% sure.