6.9

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229

Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Lydic always made sure we knew that he was thinking of us, and taking care of us. There were multiple times that he would call me personally, after hours, to check in. ... Dr Lydic was compassionate and caring. There were multiple times that a cycle would get cancelled for various reasons and he made sure to call me personally to see how I was dealing with the news. We lost identical twins at almost 20 weeks and he called a few weeks out to discuss what happened and ask how we were holding up. He communicated procedures thoroughly and answered questions with ease.
The nursing staff at KU med is incredible. They were all so kind and were supportive through every process. They communicated quickly and thoroughly, and always showed compassion. There is a huge spot in my heart for a certain ultrasound tech there, I believe her name was Allie. She showed an emotional attachment to our journey and laughed and cried with us. There is literally nothing negative I could say about the nursing team.
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Know that a lot of your communication will be with nurses, but that does not mean your doctor doesn’t care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We underwent three IUIs, which all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. When we first consulted with Dr Lydic I had expressed that I only wanted to do three IUIs before moving on to IVF and he agreed that that was a good plan. I started a stimulation cycle with global-f but was not responding to medications so we decided to cancel and try again at a higher dosage. This was successful and we had a retrieval resulting in 11 embryos, which we did not PGS test. We started a frozen transfer cycle with estrogen patches but it was canceled due to a small cyst on the lining of my uterus. The second round be switched to estradiol tablets and PIO, which was successful. We transferred one frozen day 5 embryo, which successfully implanted and split into identical twins. We found out at 12 weeks that one of the twins had a bladder outlet obstruction and at 19+4 we found that neither boy had heartbeats. I was induced and they were born the next morning.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well run. Every member of the staff I have met was full of love and empathy, and were there to hold your hand through really tough waters. Something I did not enjoy was that the main form of communication is through an online portal, so urgent matters can sometimes be lost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
For our IUIs and retrieval we had insurance coverage, and everything was a breeze. For our transfer we paid out of pocket and it was a solid 2500, which covered monitoring ultrasounds, transfer, bloodwork and pregnancy ultrasound
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lydic mentioned they preferred to only transfer one embryo unless there were underlying factors like age or recurrent loss.
Michael Lydic
Treated 2018 - 2020
IVF Cycle 1 [with Dr. Holoch] - high dose antagonist; used because of DOR diagnosis. Cycle cancelled due to low response...IVF Cycle 2 - low dose antagonist; she thought the high doses from previous cycle “fried” my eggs; cycle cancelled due to low response...IVF Cycle 3 - Lupron flare protocol; retrieved 7 eggs, 4 mature, 3 blasts, all complex abnormal...was very transparent with us when setting expectations. She worked with us to develop a treatment plan that she believed would achieve a pregnancy, however I turned out to be a low responder. She was not afraid to try different protocols or new treatments, which I appreciated.
The nurses and staff in the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were excellent. When we had a snafu with their billing dept and insurance pre-approval, the whole team rallied around us to make things right. They knew us by name, sympathized with us when we had let downs, and celebrated our wins with us...When we messaged to start a cycle before the holidays, their financial team was not notified and therefore didn’t get the insurance pre-approval in time. We proceeded with the cycle with the assumption that insurance would approve it.
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch was very transparent with us when setting expectations. She worked with us to develop a treatment plan that she believed would achieve a pregnancy, however I turned out to be a low responder. She was not afraid to try different protocols or new treatments, which I appreciated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
If you’re looking for a doctor who is kind, but also honest about your chances, Dr Holoch may be a good fit for you. She stays current with fertility research, so ask a lot of questions! She’s very patient and wants you to be educated about your options and the risks.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF Cycle 1 - high dose antagonist; used because of DOR diagnosis. Cycle cancelled due to low response IVF Cycle 2 - low dose antagonist; she thought the high doses from previous cycle “fried” my eggs; cycle cancelled due to low response. IVF Cycle 3 - Lupron flare protocol; retrieved 7 eggs, 4 mature, 3 blasts, all complex abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hilary)
The nurses and staff in the clinic were excellent. When we had a snafu with their billing dept and insurance pre-approval, the whole team rallied around us to make things right. They knew us by name, sympathized with us when we had let downs, and celebrated our wins with us.
Strengths: prompt, almost immediate, response time; quick and efficient appointments - I rarely waited; quick test/scan results; provided meds to cover timing gaps when needed Opportunities: clunky patient portal
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she [Dr. Courtney Marsh] will take the time to answer all questions...Started at a low dose of letrozole and increased after viewing ultrasounds, would adjust the dosing as needed...always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms...She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary,
[Nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Super responsive through the patient portal...The clinic has a lot of special pricing for labs, tests, procedures that is set for people who's insurance doesn't cover care. I found these life saving...Located in a medical building, no code on the door, just walk on it. I've always been greeted immediately. Very organized facility. My appointments have never been 5mins or more past scheduled time, even with a packed waiting room
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh always greets you with a smile and sits on your level. She listens, giving you time to explain your experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I have never felt rushed. Dr. Marsh is the only physician that I've seen that I feel like she truly cares. She changes and adapts things throughout the cycle as necessary. The only negative thing I can say is that her clinic is busy! You may need to wait some time to get in when a new appointment is necessary, which is disappointing, but speaks to how amazing she is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared with questions you'd like answered, as she will take the time to answer all questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh always comes in, smiles, and sits on our level. She explains things in lay terms
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Super responsive through the patient portal. Would reach out to Dr. Marsh with questions and get back quickly
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I only saw the Doctor [Dr. Holoch] at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.We had unexplained infertility for 4 years. Every test was clear and endo surgery showed no signs of endo or inflammation. We did 1 round of IUI with fertility drugs and a trigger shot and it worked the first time...She was articulate and spoke plainly about what lie ahead. But after the initial consult I never saw her again. I don’t think that it is too rare but it is weird. I would have loved to have a more hands-on doctor, but I’m not sure that exists in the fertility world.
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee [at Kansas University]...It’s intimidating to only be able to call scheduling to get into the clinic. But after the initial touchpoint, it’s a very intuitive system. They respond so quickly to questions and are amazing with helping with financial coordination and insurance...I only saw the Doctor at my consultation. She was great and we made a plan during that consult. After that I only saw nurses and office staff. They were incredible, and I got to know a couple nurses very well. So with them I felt human, but with the doctor it felt a little bit inhuman.
Be prepared with your own questions and arm yourself with as much research as possible. Get a personalized plan and go for gold the first time. Don’t wait around for someone to give you all the answers. Get them yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Hagan)
They were all amazing and treated us so well. They were amazing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Less than 2k for one round of IUI and general labs, semen analysis and consult fee.
Treated 2018 - 2020
She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment...I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF...sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine are] Kind and bubbly...truly caring...IUI 900...IVF 14000...For all women under 35 they do single [Eset]...Weakness it’s a busy clinic and sometimes they’d forget I need labs drawn so always double check if you’re waiting too long. Strength- the warm inviting environment, the staff are kind and hopeful. They’re really great at small talk and taking your mind off of your fears and anxieties. Almost feel like they all know you personally after a month.
She was upfront but very kind. She truly wants to help you start a family and does what’s best for you as an individual not just a diagnosis. She likes to get you involved in the decision process and make sure you are ready for your treatment
Ask questions!!! It’s a busy clinic and sometimes you get pushed through and then totally forget all the things you wanted to ask...write them down before!
The staff were kind and very warm. They had a great way of taking your mind o if things.
They use the online eIVF messaging website. That’s the main way you get appointments and procedures planned. The nurses navigate your care and are the ones that typically tell you the plan! I have PCOS so they start out slower Like pills then the injectables and then work your way up to IVF.
Kind and bubbly...truly caring
IUI 900 IVF 14000
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
For all women under 35 they do single.
They just forgot to schedule my labs so I was waiting after my appointment for 30 mins and when I asked they said the nurse for got to turn I. The paper to the lab tech
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high...uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps...She’s good, but blunt. Ask lots of questions and rational she will explain it well but it may be hard to hear.
A few times my labs [from Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask...The clinic is fast, they’re good at getting you in to see a dr and starting treatments. All communication is done through a portal called eIVF and it definitely has its glitches. I do wish I could just call and chat with a nurse...Dr. Marsh uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps.
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high/
A few times my labs were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Marsh is compassionate and I feel she is smart. However, I don’t feel supported enough by her. I have only met her twice, but she is making all of my healthcare decisions regarding next steps in my fertility journey. I would think her weaknesses would include not communicating to her patient enough or getting to know someone and their situation. This should be apparent to any physician to get to know their patient.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. ... My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. ... Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
I would definitely make sure that you are in charge of your healthcare and you are staying on top of what you need to do to become pregnant. I would write every question you have down and don’t feel like you are being rushed out of the room.
My experience with Dr. Marsh did not feel as though I was human, but not quite a number. In the matter of almost 2 years that I have been established with this RE, I have only seen this physician twice. During this time, I asked for a return appointment to discuss my next steps. After that appointment, I have yet to see my physician again. I continue to message my clinic regarding my treatments and the next step I want to take. The messages I receive in the portal do not make me feel that they have any idea how many cycles, IUIs, or miscarriages I have had. I feel when I message my doctor’s office I should receive a response with thought, understanding, and poise. I would not say this happens every time I interact with this office. However, I believe it is 85% of the time that I feel the nurses have not read my background and understood the treatments I have gone through prior to messaging me in regard to my care. In that regard, I do feel I am just a number to them. During my person to person interactions, I feel they are compassionate to an extent. If I was not a nurse and didn’t understand the importance of being in charge of your healthcare, then I would think my healthcare would fall through the cracks at this facility.
I was never told what the name of any of my protocols that she put me on. I was told that we would start out with Progesterone (for induction of my cycle) and Letrozole. I believe my first cycle was 2.5mg tablets and taking 2 a day from days 3-7. Then, I would do OPKS to assess ovulation. My husband and I would have intercourse once there was a positive OPK for 3 days straight. My 2nd cycle I was increased to 7.5mg for days 3-7. This dose increase I had to ask the office for. I did get pregnant on my 2nd cycle of this strategy and it resulted in miscarriage. I had a D&C. Then, I did 3 cycles of Progesterone, Letrozole, and Ovidrel (trigger shot). These 3 cycles ended in negative pregnancy tests. These 6 cycles I was never given a rationale as to why this strategy is being used over another. I was outlined the basics of Progesterone induces the cycle, Letrozole helps you ovulate, and the trigger shot gives you a 99% ovulation chance. At this point, I requested that I see Dr. Marsh to talk about my next step. I was told that my only chance of getting pregnant would be IVF. At this appointment, IUI was never discussed with me if I didn’t bring it up myself. Dr. Marsh said this could be an option, but would not be successful and we should go straight to IVF. We took a couple months off from treatment and I started hormones again. I was told that we would be doing Progesterone for induction of cycle, Letrozole and trigger shots. I did not have a rationale as to why we could not try any different medications. I had one cycle with Progesterone induction. I did not do hormones this cycle due to not having a heavy flow. So, the next month I did IUI. I did Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, Ovidrel for trigger shot, and follicular ultrasounds to track my follicles for the day of IUI. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am currently in the middle of my cycle as I type this. I was told directions by Dr. Marsh to do Letrozole 7.5mg days 3-7, no trigger shot, and OPKS this cycle. I will await another pregnancy test later this month.
As a nurse, I feel it is important to show compassion. I did not feel that from this group of nurses, except one. Hilary is a great nurse at that facility! The only way to communicate with the nursing staff is through a portal. If you call the clinic, they advise you for any questions or concerns to message them on the portal. I continue to ask questions because I want to be in charge of my healthcare. I feel most of the time I continue to get answers that are not organized or I feel they do not know my care at all. I find myself frustrated and stressed when I receive a message back that I feel is not organized. If there is a portal that you use specifically for communication with your patients, then you should be able to pull up the old messages in regards to what the patient has said previously. This portal goes to all the nurses in the clinic and I usually get a different nurse messaging me back every time. I was never assigned a nurse coordinator to specifically know my treatment plan. This causes disorganization when I messaged the facility. My husband went in for a sperm analysis and freeze prior to a trip. I had been in communication with the nursing staff about my husband only being able to get that specific day off for an appointment. This appointment resulted in error and the sperm was not frozen. This was not acceptable and it was scheduled wrong. I have felt compassion from some of the nurses, but I have only seen one person to person. She was lovely. I have a hard time trusting people that are in charge of my care when the only time I can speak with them is through a portal.
I cannot stress this enough. I would make sure you stay on top of scheduling, treatments, medications, and follow-up appointments. Communication is a huge weakness for this clinic and it’s important to be your own advocate. I would say a strength is knowing the cycles, the treatments and understanding the diagnosis. However, compassion and communication are huge downfalls.
My insurance covered the diagnostic and lab tests. I did have to go to a different facility for a test that was out of network for my insurance and ended up having to pay for that. My IUI was not covered by insurance.
My husband went in for a sperm freeze for a future IUI cycle. The sperm was analyzed and thrown away. It was not frozen because the appointment was not correct, the order wasn’t placed, and the technician that roomed him did not ask what he was there for that day. The clinic called us to let us know. He went back to the clinic the same day to provide another one. This sample would only be frozen for a future IVF cycle and not IUI. We did not have the money for IVF at the time and we wanted to IUI after him coming back from a trip to a Zika exposed place. Once he went into the clinic, I received another phone call that he could come back to give another sample 48 hours later to freeze for IUI. We did not have to pay for two freezing storages for both samples.
Overland Park

The nurses [at KS University Center for Advanced Reproductive Med] are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.... All clean, friendly staff, easy in and out. They seem just as compassionate as the nurses and Dr. Lydic. I have seen them help out with other patients young children and it is nice to have a staff there who cares.
Dr. Lydic always explains everything that’s going on in my body with the utmost care and intelligence. He provided me with expectations, risks, and hopes as a result of the treatments or process. I loved that he would draw pictures to explain everything, giving me a better visual understanding of what was going on in my body.
Make sure to ask clarifying questions if needed!
Dr. Lydic is very caring and aware of what is going on in my life and in my health. When I first started seeing him, he would call me just to check in.
When I first saw Dr. Lydic, I was referred because of irregular periods and pain. He explained what possible causes were and treatments for each possible cause. I ended up having a 7.5 cm cyst on one ovary and 3.5 cyst on the other. Before we began fertility treatments, he wanted to watch those to make sure they didn’t turn into anything. I ended up with a positive pregnancy test and at my first ultrasound found out it was ectopic. I went in for immediate surgery after speaking with Dr. Lydic, who was very compassionate and informational, and since then have began fertility treatment with Letrozole. I do not know what the results are as it is too early to tell, but have faith that he will stop at no end to help me get the results I want from my fertility journey.
The nurses are all very kind and understanding, but they are also very well informed when it comes to questions I have or concerns that have to do with me. They know how to answer questions specific to me.
I don’t remember different components, but my treatments have been very cost efficient and it has been easy to work out payment plans with KU hospital billing.
Michael Lydic

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Marsh was on our team and communicated that everytime we saw her. I appreciated her optimism, while keeping it realistic. She spoke the truth and was really pulling for us to get pregnant. She listened to our concerns when we had them and adjusted accordingly.... She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.... Femara and Gonal RFF with Ovidrel trigger for IUI. Femara was used due to my history of endometriosis.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse [KU] responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures.
Be your own advocate. Speak up when you need more information or have questions because it isn’t spoon fed to you.
Dr. Marsh listened to our concerns and answered our questions thoroughly. She wanted to get to know us as a couple instead of just a number.
When you submit a question or message via the portal the first available nurse responds. This is nice for timely responses but can be frustrating when the nurse doesn’t fully understand your protocol or doesn’t take the time to read over it correctly. Sometimes there were numerous spelling errors in our messages and that worried me since everything needed to be precise. It seemed like there were too many hands. I would have liked to have had a primary contact for all of my procedures. It would have been more personalized.
Financial services is great to work with. Prices are good since it is a huge hospital. The pharmacy they use is great. Clinic hours and availability are awesome for working parents! Clean and nice facility with new equipment. Dealing with the nursing staff was definitely my least favorite experience.
IUI was $600 plus meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork. IVF with ICSI was $14k plus meds.
Only eSET is used for my age range.
There is a lot of miscommunication due to the fact that all of the nurses answer the questions and messages on the portal. Numerous times I had to ask questions of the care protocol and they were mistaken in the information that they previously gave me with our IUI cycles. During our IVF cycle, we had one primary contact which was much more helpful.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. ... We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. ... She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. ...
Getting an initial consultation setup [at KU Med] was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with. ... All the nurses have been a pleasure to work with. They are supportive and well-educated. They respond to questions and share results promptly.
We had one face-to-face consultation with Dr. Marsh where she asked us a lot of questions and listened closely to our responses. She listened to every question we had and was well-informed in answering our questions. Dr. Marsh tends to keep her answers brief, but answers any followup questions. We had one unfortunate IUI with very low sperm count and Dr. Marsh spoke with us face-to-face about that situation. Our additional contact with Dr. Marsh has been over phone consultations following failed treatments. We have been able to quickly and easily obtain consultations with Dr. Marsh and review what we did and what are the next steps moving forward. She is quick to recommend changes to treatment as appropriate which I really appreciated. Her recommendations are guided by our situation and founded in a strong understanding of current research and data.
Being well prepared and informed has helped us make more efficient use of our time with Dr. Marsh. Have questions and topics prepared to discuss during your appointments.
Dr. Marsh and all the staff we regularly see at the clinic knows who we are. We don't live near the clinic, so we have had a number of phone consultations with Dr. Marsh and it always feels like Dr. Marsh takes into consideration who we are, where we are in the process, and our requests. Dr. Marsh and the clinic staff are good listeners and want our input. We have genuine conversations with Dr. Marsh which have guided our treatment decisions.
We started with an IUI. Our last semen analysis showed just enough total motile sperm to make IUI a reasonable choice. Because she suspected that I might have a luteal phase defect, she also prescribed Letrozole (Femara) to boost my corpus luteum and progesterone for luteal phase support. Due to very low total motile count for the IUI, we decided to proceed to IVF. I have good numbers and wanted to do a fresh transfer, so Dr. Marsh prescribed low doses of medications for stimming (75IU Menopur and 75IU Gonal F, antagonist protocol). I started Cetrotide based on results from ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring. Dr. Marsh monitored and reviewed my results closely. I produced 9 eggs, 8 were mature, and 7 fertilized with ICSI, and resulted in 5 blastocysts. We transferred 1 day-5 embryo (after 5 days of 50 mg/day progesterone-in-oil) after the egg retrieval which did not implant. Immediately following we were able to start an FET cycle. Due to lack of implantation, Dr. Marsh had me do an endometrial scratch. I was primed with estrogen (Estradiol 2 mg tablets, 3/day) and started progesterone-in-oil (50 mg/day) and Endometrin (3 suppositories/day) 5 days before my FET. That embryo implanted, but resulted in an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.
Getting an initial consultation setup was difficult because it had to be done over the phone and connecting with a person was challenging. However, once setup in the portal, communication has been a breeze. All the staff has been incredibly friendly and easy to work with.
IUI cost $600 plus meds. IVF cost $11,000 plus meds (ICSI included in IVF cost). Each FET costs $2500 plus meds (endometrial scratch included in FET cost). I think the pricing is fair and is clearly outlined in documents provided by the clinic.
Dr. Marsh very strictly follows a single embryo transfer policy for our situation (young, good quality embryos)
Treated 2018 - 2019
We liked that she was up to date on current research and treatment options being performed. She handled our miscarriage appropriately without babying us but with compassion. We had issues with the staff and she was very understanding about helping us, including calling us the day of a funeral she was at. ... When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
Weakness [of KU Med] - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use. ... It was very much the nursing staff that caused problems. They communicated poorly, the wrong information and caused me severe unneeded emotional stress. They are also very difficult to contact. They use this terrible portal, but no where is there a phone number in the portal if you have issues!
She seems wonderful but her nursing staff is terrible.
When I actually got to talk to Dr Holoch, she was wonderful. She explained things well in normal terms without dumbing it down to much. When I wanted to be more aggressive, she discussed real options with me that we'll be pursuing.
We started with well defined plan on what we were testing for and why. When they came back unexplained, the plan made was for timed intercourse with femara to help induce healthier ovulation, since I did ovulate, progesterone supplements, and the antihistamine protocol. That resulted in only a miscarriage, still at 5 weeks. From there we are currently moving into an IUI with the hopes that we may have better luck with a trigger shot.
The nursing staff is extremely week. They do not communicate well using a terribly designed patient portal. They often overlook questions which results in repeatedly asking the same questions. They do not include enough information when they translate Dr Holochs information. They treat you like a number and often don't look at your chart before replying. They are insensitive to the emotional turmoil we go through. They are uneducated about certain treatments they provide, such as methotrexate injections.
Strength - definitely Dr Holoch being a modern doctor. She is patient when asking questions and is always open to discuss treatments or research studies mentioned by me. She also did not dismiss my husbands role in this process. Weakness - 100% the nursing staff. Second being the portal communication. It is HORRIBLY slow to use.
Most of it has been covered under my insurance. Without insurance costs will be: IUI $600, + the trigger shot, $120, femara, $8, plus 2-3 ultrasounds at $250 each
Overland Park
they [KS U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome.
My husband and I had been warned by several people that Dr. Marsh is incredible and truly amazing at what she does. She is incredibly smart and experienced as well as high success rates. However, some are very offput by her personality. Personally, we felt that we would rather have a doctor be successful on the first try that had a rude or cold personality (which is far from the case, she is very caring and kind) as opposed to a doctor with amazing bedside manner who made us feel great but took multiple attempts which means more money and time . Luckily, we discussed this all in advance and were able to make the decision expecting her to be super rude or something just awful. Dr. Marsh to me is more of a straight shooter who cares deeply about her patients and puts her entire heart into what she does therefore takes it seriously. She has always had a smile on her face and been very kind but always serious and means business.
dont expect a bubbly joking personality from her because that is just not who she is. instead you can expect her to be direct and honest and kind but with a very serious demeanor
I know that it is common and happens with almost all RE's, but I still struggle with the lack of interaction or ability to communicate with Dr. Marsh. Her entire staff is beyond amazing and very helpful throughout this entire process. One thing that could improve for me is that it feels like each time we have actually met with Dr. Marsh in person I feel very rushed and when I asked questions it felt as if I was an inconviennce and wasting her time. I know that she has tons of patients and is very busy, however I could see that potentially being an issue for someone wanting a more personalized or communicative RE. I was already aware of Dr. Marsh's "dry and sometimes cold" personality before choosing her as my doctor. Ultimately my husband and I felt that we would rather have the BEST doctor with highest success rates who lacked personality over a doctor who had a terrific bedside manner but lower success rates and potentially requiring more attempts for success.
I have bi-lateral tubal obstruction with the presence of fluid in my left tube. Following a severe sexual assault at age 20, I had a reconstructive surgery at age 21 attempting to repair my tubes hoping to one day become a mom. Sadly, the surgery was unsuccessful and I am now 29 with IVF as my only option. I am currently in the process of trying to finance the procedure as its not covered by insurance. Dr. Marsh expects that I will produce an abundance of eggs in just on retrieval as I have an AMH of 15.92 and very rarely get periods. As long as we get enough embryos as expected, my left tube will then be removed due to the presence of hydrosalpinx. FET will then occur as soon as everything heals (as soon as a few weeks later)
always so kind and sweet! they are very helpful and always have smiles on their faces.
they were great about scheduling and got me in very quickly for my consult. However, once my initial appointment past, the waiting times get longer and longer. I appreciate them getting me in the door right away, but it is almost more stressful having to wait 3 or 5 weeks between appointments. Waiting over a month just to go over test results is the worst. I do love having the portal to communicate with the nursing staff and they have been great about responding very quickly no matter what which is awesome. I have a couple times felt a phone call would be more appropriate and easier than using the messages on the portal because sometimes what would only take a three minute phone call ends up taking a couple hours of messaging back and forth. However I do see the the long term benefit of being able to go back and re read messages and avoid any confusion which you can obviously not do on a call.
i know the cost for IVF including ICSI and FET is $11,750 and they will not split it up. This doesnt include medications. I requested the bundle as they called it be broken down as my insurance will cover some of it like ultrasounds, blood work, etc but they are not willing to do that and refused.
due to my age she said she would be transferring just on embryo
During my HSG I really dont understand why or what exactly caused this but - somehow left the procedure under the impression that both of tubes were open and looked great and rejoiced because i was almost certain my tubes would never be able to work after a horrific trauma ten years ago. Then about a week or two later, I was utterly devastated and crushed to then find out the exact opposite in that they were both blocked and could not be fixed.

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Holoch] found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!...allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
The clinic [KUMC] has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!...The nursing staff has been very knowledgeable and compassionate. The online patient portal is a wonderful tool to have. The nurses are quick to respond to questions in the portal.
Dr Holoch has been a great Dr and I would highly recommend her. Dr Holoch is very trustworthy, kind, and compassionate. She found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!
I would advice a prospective client of Dr Holoch to make a list of questions before your appointment. Dr Holoch allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
Dr Holoch always explained everything in a way we would understand. She was always very patient with me and made sure all of my questions were answered during my appointments.
Dr Holoch recommended we start with fertility pills (clomid 1 cycle, letrozole the other 5 cycles). Clomid caused me to have some intense side effects and it made my lining too thin, so Dr Holoch switched me to letrozole the next cycle. The first two cycles we did timed intercourse and the last 4 we did IUI. None of them have been successful, but we plan to move onto IVF in the near future. During my saline sonogram, Dr Holoch found a polyp. She plans to remove the polyp before we move onto IVF.
The clinic has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!
Treated 2018 - 2019
All five rounds [with Dr. Courtney Marsh] were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds...All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests...I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing...only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
Primarily I spoke to nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone...The nursing staff was really the only interaction I had. The regular scans would be with them. It felt a little bit like an assembly line as we would all be waiting and just called back, taken care of and sent on our way. I got all my results through the portal and a brief follow up message on the portal with instructions from the nurses. Any questions would be sent back through the portal and responded to fairly quickly by the nurses in the portal. Clinic Errors
I only met with Dr. Marsh twice. Once before starting any treatment and then ten months later. I did not hear the words “Diminished ovarian reserve” until the second meeting after five rounds of treatment. I asked if IVF would be an option and was told there would be the same chance of success with what was being done at the time. Multiple other doctors have said they would have gone to IVF immediately instead of spending so much time doing other treatment. I believe if I have been told I had diminished ovarian reserve at the beginning, I probably would have researched Dr. Marsh’s success rates earlier. If I had a friend that was under 35, I might recommend them going to Dr. Marsh, but anyone struggling to get pregnant I would recommend elsewhere.
If you just need a little help getting pregnant and you appreciate a relatively hands off approach, she will be great.
I worked with Dr. Marsh for ten months and only actually spoke to her twice. Once for my consultation, before any treatment, and then in the last month when I decided that we were not a good fit. Primarily I spoke to nurses only through the portal. I never actually got any results face to face or over the phone.
All five rounds were three days of letrozole, then at about cycle day 6 I would start gonal f injections along with regular ultrasounds. After a few days I would be told to do the ovidril shot with intercourse three days after. All of this was instructed through the portal. Each round the amount of gonal f would be increased. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I tended to have ovarian cysts after a round of treatment which would add another month where nothing could be done.
The clinic seems quite qualified for working with women who do not have any struggles with getting pregnant. They don’t seem to have many tools available if you are struggling to get pregnant naturally.
My insurance covered most of the procedures and medication, but not the blood lab draws that were done regularly.
Dr. Marsh was not willing to try any kind of transfer.
I was never told that I had low ovarian reserve after testing. I was told that I was good to go and to start the procedure they had described.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me...When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t...Everyone I worked with was really organized and fast. I truly enjoyed the staff...My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
She is a knowledgeable physician. She is a wonderful and respectful woman. Her patients need to see her and they need an explanation from her. Especially when she is frequently changing their care plan. When she makes an agreement with a patient, it would be nice to know exactly why that agreement can’t be upheld? I feel cheated out of my care and I feel like I wasted my time and added more heartache.
You won’t see her. Write down everything you want to ask her. And keep it with you often because she might call you when you’re in the car.
She left me pregnant with a blighted ovum for 3 weeks before doing a D and C and never told me why. I made an appointment with her in the first place this year because I wanted ovarian drilling. My only living child is the result of ovarian drilling. She agreed to ovarian drilling if I gave her three cycles. She consulted another physician to do the ovarian drilling and never spoke with me about it. I found out from the other physician. I got approval for the drilling surgery and now she has changed her mind on doing the drilling and never told me why. Now she says she wants me to do IVF with her instead but I have a living child conceived naturally. She just doesn’t speak to me and doesn’t work with me.
For my cycles we used letrozal 2.5 mg 3 pills once per day on cycle days 5-9. Then I did Gonal-f 50 units on cycle days 10 and 11 in the evening. Then I had ultrasound monitoring and when ready an HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse.
Ultrasounds and lab all in the clinic. That was great! I didn’t have to go anywhere. Very little wait time. Just no surprises. They cannot work you in if you have an emergency. I tried to get in early once for an ultrasound and couldn’t. We waited a good while but that’s my fault. The original appointment time didn’t work but they can’t really work you in earlier.
My insurance covered the costs unless Doctor Marsh wanted any special testing.
I have not had a chance to progress further and do embryo transfers.
Doctor Marsh referred me to another provider for Ovary surgery and the clinic never told me. I received a call from the other physician to tell me I needed the paperwork.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Marsh is friendly and very knowledgeable. However, I felt like my care plan is not fully satisfying my needs, and that might be that I am not pregnant yet or I am not grasping the plan. We have been trying for 2 years next month, 8 failed medicated cycles, and yet when I ask questions I feel like I get the bare minimum answers. "try again next month, don't give up", "everything looks fine", but no additional labs or test are done to investigate why this is not working. I am might be jaded when it comes to this but I feel like I have to go above and beyond to advocate for myself.
The nursing staff is great at KU. You will see them more than Dr. Marsh, they are compassionate, quick to respond, and friendly. I have notice some turnover which is a little concerning, but all of the nurses that I have come into contact have been very pleasant!...IUI - $600...There are often a long waiting period when doing an IUI, I wish that they would call when the specimen has been completed. They typically tell you when to show up after your partner's appointment and I have waited close to 2 hours (after my scheduled time) before the specimen was ready. The clinic has a friendly front desk. The front desk staff can be a little frazzled sometimes, but I just patiently work with them. The billing is such a pain, if you have any insurance that covers fertility treatment it can be a pain to get accurate invoices, I finally got a bill corrected from January. Also, they require you pay upfront for IUI services, which is no problem but then they bill you for it after as well, which again is a pain. When I called to get this corrected, they expected me to know that it wasn't a bill, that my payment had not posted in their systems...
Take her demeanor with a grain of salt, she can come off as being curt, but again I have very pleasant conversations with her, when I actually do speak to her.
All communication is done via email and makes it difficult to have a personal touch. I have only visited with Dr. Marsh twice, the rest have been via email and her nursing staff (which is wonderful). I had to beg the front desk to speak in person with a Nurse when I was really struggling with the fertility drugs. I did get to be seen, but it made me feel like I had to go above and beyond to advocate for myself and not be 'another email'.
We started with an HSG that showed a partial blocked right tube and a pre diagnosis of PCOS. Then was prescribed Letrozole 5mg starting CD 3 - CD 7 and did follicle ultrasounds on CD 10. Follicles did not respond and she upped the Letrozole to 7 mg, again follicle ultrasound on CD 10. The right follicles were the only side responding and not very well. Letrozole said the same, but added GONAL-F 50 mg injections on CD 7 - CD 10. The left side started to respond but my dominate follicles were on the right. We did this treatment for 6 months, and decided to take a break last May. In August 2019 we started again and in addition to the Letrozole and GONAL-F, Clomid (do not have the dosage but it was 3 tablets a night CD 3 - 7) was added. We had a great response with the Clomid and was able to do our first IUI in August, it failed. We did the same cycle plan in October, the Clomid and Letrozole responded better and I did not have to do the injections of the GONAL-F. We tried another IUI end of September and I am currently in the TWW to know if it was successful.
IUI - $600, Ultrasounds - Unknown Insurance covered, HSG - - Unknown Insurance covered, GONAL- F - $350, Clomid - $30 with insurance, Letrozole - $4
Treated 2018 - 2019
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch...has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME...Be prepared to only see her at the initial consult, which is usually far out from when you are actively "needing" to see her (and when you will want advice from her and live conversations vs portal messages). She is an amazing and empathetic doctor, just very hard to get in touch with due to barriers the clinic puts in place.
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] Forgot to call in Progesterone for first IUI cycle -Did not check in on me when I was Hyperstemming from IVF retrieval (I had to call them to get updates and ask what to do) -Didn't change my D&C appointment to a consult after I miscarried on my own after IVF cycle -Doesn't try to get you scheduled quickly and instead prioritizes new patient consults on the Dr's calendar
Dr Holoch has called me directly to discuss next steps, results and even to tell me I was pregnant (I later miscarried). She is AWESOME... ***IF*** you can talk/connect with her instead of the clinic and nurses.
100% treated like a human by Dr. Holoch. Her back office and nurses on the other hand - 100% like a NUMBER which is so frustrating.
6 IUIs - Levothyroxine 1 Retrieval - Gonal-F, Menopur Prep for Transfer - PIO, Estradiol
In person, the nurses are compassionate and helpful. But if you are not in the office, the only way to contact them is to leave a voicemail or a portal message, and they typically do not call you back (instead they portal message you back). You are shuffled from nurse to nurse, and never know who will be responding to your message. They must be completely overwhelmed (due to their response time) or lack a sense of urgency.
The first clinic that I was at assigned me a specific NP; this clinic does not assign you to anyone, and if they do, you are shuffled from nurse to nurse and never know who you will talk to or when. They also do not try to get you into the Doctor to get any concerns addressed (which I'm sure is protocol to try to address concerns themselves). For instance, I miscarried at 7wks after my first IVF transfer, and was told that I couldn't get in to talk to my Dr about next steps for another 5 weeks. (!)
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
In hindsight, I wish I would have let her suggest what we do. I basically told her that I was told by my last doctor that we needed to transfer only one, since I had preeclampsia with my first baby and was at risk of developing it again.
-Forgot to call in Progesterone for first IUI cycle -Did not check in on me when I was Hyperstemming from IVF retrieval (I had to call them to get updates and ask what to do) -Didn't change my D&C appointment to a consult after I miscarried on my own after IVF cycle -Doesn't try to get you scheduled quickly and instead prioritizes new patient consults on the Dr's calendar
Overland Park

[Dr. Courtney Marsh] always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had...always showed encouraging and positive attitudes...Timed intercourse- Tried with just taking on hormone with trigger injection and then after a couple of cycles with no luck turned to two hormones at the same time with trigger injection...was very up front with me during any of treatments...Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine], [nurses are] always wiling to answer questions...$329 for every ultrasound done to look at my follicles- $107 for every injection that would of been monthly- and $25-30 for hormone medication also monthly...front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Dr. Marsh always explained plan for treatment and answered any questions that I had. Office staff and Dr. Marsh always showed encouraging and positive attitudes. Like that I can communicate with them thru the portal and am always answered in a timely manor.
Try to always be optimistic, being negative only creates stress. Know you are not the only person with this issue and trying to conceive just like you.
Dr. was very up front with me during any of treatments. Always had a very positive attitude which helped to encourage me to be more positive regarding treatment. Always willing to answer any questions that I had that she was able to.
Very positive environment, always wiling to answer questions.
Very great doctors and nurses, front office staff not always pleasant especially if you were a appointment right when the office was opening. Office environment is very nice. Overall very confident in this group.
Clinic forgot to call in refill for prescriptions that I needed.
Overland Park
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She [Dr. Courtney Marsh] knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take...Several medications, I thought it was overkill at first, but once she explained everything it made sense and I know its necessary to get the best results...Very personable, understood our issues and set a plan to make a baby happen, not making me feel like it could or couldn't happen, that we will make it happen.
[Staff at Kansas University Center are] Easy to get a hold of, work around my schedule for appointments, understood I was driving over an hour to get there. Very friendly staff, clean facility (nice also) easy to find, labeled well. Everyone I have encountered has been very empathetic, ask if I'm doing ok and make sure I understand whats going on and as if I have any questions before I leave the clinic...[nurses are] Very nice, able to speak to them in an educated manner, took their time with me and made sure I had all the info I needed before leaving the clinic.
My husband has CF, its going to be hard to get pregnant. She knows I know this being a nurse myself. She never had a negative thing to say about the process, was very up front with everything that will happen and what medications it will take.
Be ready to go!
Medications, some visit cost, ultrasound/sonogram, the IVF cycle itself.
Overland Park
Dr.Marsh treated me like a person. She took the time to get to know me and my situation. She was respectful, compassionate and informative. She listened to my concerns and goals to create a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. and I was able to start testing immediately. ... She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
They treat their patients with dignity and respect. ... They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. ... I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance! ... The office visits and testing were reasonably priced. ... The nursing staff is polite and helpful. ... I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. ...
Courtney Marsh is an excellent choice! She is an amazing person and Doctor!
She was informative and took the time to sit down and answer our questions.
My protocol: Base line scan cycle day 2/3 Letrozole 7.5 Cycle days 3-7 (During my 2nd cycle I was prescribed 50mg clomid days 3-7) 50IU gonal-f on days 8-9 between 6p-8p follicle scan on day 10 250mcg ovidrel between 8-10p on day 11. (During one cycle I was instructed to administer 50IU of gonal-f between 6-8 in the evening on day 10 and ovidrel 250mcg on day 11). All 5 cycles resulted in negative tests and no pregnancies.
The nursing staff is polite and helpful.
They are well organized, fully staffed, informative and helpful. They treat their patients with dignity and respect. I don’t feel they have any weaknesses. I would highly recommend KU MED to anyone interested in fertility assistance!
The office visits and testing were reasonably priced.
Overland Park

Dr Marsh has been great to work with so far. She was caring, spent time talking with my husband and i. Made sure we understood all options. ... We are still currently under going treatment. We have done 1 iui with Dr Marsh and moving onto Ivf. She has been caring and supportive so far. We will be meeting with her again soon for a ivf consult and to start the process. We are beyond thrilled to be moving forward with treatment
We did one round of iui with pills and injections [at KU Center for Advanced Repro Med]. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui. ... We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. ... They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
Ask questions!
We did one round of iui with pills and injections. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui.
They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. However the amount of knowledge dr Marsh has and being so positive, makes up for that.
I believe it was $1000 or more. I truly am not 100% sure.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Holoch] took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so... I initially felt not taken care of but the care has gotten much better since that initial visit. She takes time to call me and my husband and talk to us fully about all options. I appreciate her dedication.... Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
The office [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much... Maddison is awesome! She was super helpful to us when we received bad news, always compassionate, and explained all of our options every time. She goes above and beyond anything we could ask for.
Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
She took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maddison )
The office is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much
Overland Park
We only met her [Dr. Courtney Marsh] one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked...I raised concerns that were never addressed...We did Clomid, Fermera pills that never helped. She kept trying to make them work, but it wasted so much time and money to have to keep coming in to check. Then we moved to the Gonl-F shots and trigger shots.
Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things [at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]...was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication...Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Courtney Mash didn't care or take the time to ever inform us about our cycle plan or why she thought it would be best to do what she suggested. I raised concerns that were never addressed. I also was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication or a plan to feel like spending thousands of dollars helped at all. A total waste of our money, time and stress.
I would highly suggest to go somewhere else! If you want to actually meet with your doctor without waiting and spending hundreds of dollars more then she is not the one for you. I have done better research and will go somewhere else that gets the best reviews and you actually get to meet with your doctor at no extra charge! What an amazing thought to actually meet with you doctor and not just comminuted with the nurses via the portal!
We only met her one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked.
It just depended on who we saw that day. There was always a lack of communication at the appointments on what they were needing to be checking again. Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Don't go honestly. I wish I was told this before we did. 1.) Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things 2.) Felt like a number and that they just wanted our money 3.) Didn't care about us or try to make a caring connection
Over the top! It was so expensive and a waste for us. Crazy how you can spend so much for no results. If I did that at work I wouldn't get paid or I would be fired.
She never spoke with us or suggested anything.
Everything. It was a total waste and they never tried to figure out me and why I am have these problems. Very disappointing.
Overland Park
i feel like dr marsh is doing what she needs to and hopefully will result in a pregnacy, i feel like if i didnt have a good chance getting pregnant then she would just refer me on to ivf...ive only seen her once and that was consultation day, i normally go threw the nurses for everything, i do like that dr marsh and nurses get back with me in a timely manner tho and lets me decide if i will move on to iui or jsut meds and timed.
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner...i enjoy everything about this clinic, the staff is very helpful and very compassionate. i can always get in when i need to and i feel like they all know their jobs and what they need to do which is very comforting...i have a blocked tube, low eggs and now low male count , we are currently doing femara, US and trigger shots husband was referred to a urologist so aiting to do another iui until his appt, so jsut doing meds and timed for now
dont give up and if you have questions ask and dont hesitate to email and get answers
she gets back with me in a timely manner and always anwsers my questions when i have them
they have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner
not too much, very reasonable...i just wish my insurance paid for ivf bc i would most likely just do that instead since iui is only 10/20% chance
Overland Park
She [Dr. Holoch] was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and gave me so much hope. I was very eager to start treatment with her after my consultation. She showed compassion after each cycle and was always willing to take time for a phone call to discuss future treatments. ... 450 units gonal-f 150 units menopur 11 days 25mg cetrotide 6days 10 eggs retrieved 7 mature 3 embryos all PGS tested and abnormal
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is very clean, bright, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming upon arriving. ... They [nurses] were all very nice and willing to take as much time that was needed to answer any questions I had at every visit. ... They always treat you with respect. Highly recommended by myself and others that I know have used this clinic. ...
She was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and gave me so much hope. I was very eager to start treatment with her after my consultation. She showed compassion after each cycle and was always willing to take time for a phone call to discuss future treatments.
She is knowledgeable about all the areas of infertility. Any problem someone is having she would be able to tell them the best option for them.
She provided the best care possible given my situation and diagnosis. I would highly recommend her and the clinic to family or friends.
They were all very nice and willing to take as much time that was needed to answer any questions I had at every visit.
This clinic is very clean, bright, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming upon arriving. They always treat you with respect. Highly recommended by myself and others that I know have used this clinic.
IVF round 1-$15,000 Meds-$9000 IVF round 2-$12,000 Meds-$9000