Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
4612 Chamberlain Ln
Louisville, KY 40241
502-996-4480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kentucky Fertility Institute to a friend?

9.7

2 doctors
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Carol Powers [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] is a smart RN with a heart full of compassion for her patients. She is so knowledgeable and brings so much warmth and care...$20,000 for a full round of IVF and one FET transfer. This included all labs and $4,000 for genetic testing...You receive clear concise information with caring understanding. It was the first place I went that I felt like they knew my name without looking at my file. And they are not a small operation.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I feel like this clinic strikes a good balance between not being too large (10-15 employees?) and impersonal but large enough to do everything in house. As a quieter person I feel like I could get lost in a large clinic. But, I have also had the experience of a smaller clinic outsourcing. If you need to do IVF, I feel like you will have the best experience in town. I never imagined my egg retrieval and FET would be in a private operating room. What a great experience. Especially because my last doctor was going to have to send me to a hospital in a different city for my egg retrieval. They are a young practice, I believe under 5 years, so I know they are growing and expanding their practice. But, I honestly don't see or feel growing pains. It has really been a nice experience. You receive clear concise information with caring understanding. It was the first place I went that I felt like they knew my name without looking at my file. And they are not a small operation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
They know my name at KFI. I would say they are a staff of about 10 people, so they really get to know you. They continuously ask if i have more questions & if they can help with anything. When I say I do not have any more questions they always tell me to call or shoot a quick email if some come up. I love how much they make sure I do not have any more questions or concerns. It is comprehensive & all inclusive. The head nurse you meet on day one is the nurse holding your hand during your egg retrieval and transfer. The operating room is just down the hall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol Powers)
Carol Powers is a smart RN with a heart full of compassion for her patients. She is so knowledgeable and brings so much warmth and care. She checks my home injection sites to make sure I am not bruising too much, makes sure I do not have any further questions, and tells me to remember the mood swings are not my fault! She reminds me that its all her fault, because she is the one giving me the drugs! She works tirelessly and hard for her patients. She will hold your hand when you need it, and instill strength in you when you are feeling week. You couldn't ask for a better nurse.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is direct, and to the point. But he does balance this with compassion and caring. He does not complicate issues and doesn't overwhelm you with too much info. But any question you do ask, he completes his response with, "what else can i answer for you." So, if you do like a lot of information you can ask as many questions as you want. I tend to want to know the basics but too much information/ alternate options can stress me out. So I do appreciate his balance of information without speculation. There is so much comfort in knowing everything, every part of your procedure, is kept under his roof and his eye.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I would say just know he is extremely intelligent & intellectual Doctor. He is very professional and measured when he speaks. He is confident in himself and his practice. If you trust him like I do, release the process to him. Don't get too bogged down in the details. Let him and his team handle that.
Describe the protocols Robert Hunter II used in your cycles at Kentucky Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Because I had spend years with another fertility doctor doing 6 rounds of IUI, Laparoscopic surgery for Endo, and every drug combo you can image, I came to Dr Hunter knowing IVF was where we were heading. He told me he understood if I was done with those treatments and wanted to do IVF. He asked me if that was what I was wanting, and I explained I wanted a second opinion. I also wanted someone who could do everything in house. He said for my age and diagnosis IVF was the best course of action, and he would be happy to do everything in house. Even the egg retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
$20,000 for a full round of IVF and one FET transfer. This included all labs and $4,000 for genetic testing. Each additional transfer is $4,000.
Describe Robert Hunter II's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
For my age (under 35) and relative health (Endometriosis / diagnosed) he recommended one egg. He feels it would have a better chance of developing. He said in the end its my choice. The day before my FET I received a call from the nurse confirming which embryo I wanted and if I wanted to stick with one egg. I appreciated the call and confirmation.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinics [Kentucky Fertility Institute] strengths are that the office is so homey. Their chairs and couches are really comfy, the office is always clean, they offer coffee and drinks on hand in a fridge ready in the lobby. ... The nursing office from the front door to the back office were all completely compassionate. You could tell these women all have a passion for what they do. They are not just there for a paycheck, they genuinely care for every patient.
Black or African-American, Native American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinics strengths are that the office is so homey. Their chairs and couches are really comfy, the office is always clean, they offer coffee and drinks on hand in a fridge ready in the lobby. The only weakness is that they are so far away from where my husband and I live. Otherwise I love everything about this clinic.
I felt like a human because he treated us with respect and talked to us about very facet of our fertility that he could. He discussed with my husband his possible course of action and mine as well and he spoke to us in terms that we could understand.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Robert Hunter was a kind, firm, direct, straight to the point physician. We saw a nurse first in order to have my vitals taken, then we saw Dr.Hunter directly in his office away from everyone else to give us complete privacy. He looked us in the eye when he spoke, he asked if we had any questions and went over every possible thing he could as a first consult.
I give them the advice of just go into the appt with an open mind and heart. I would say to definitely not be nervous about anything, he is a very laid back but direct doctor and he knows his stuff.
So far we have not done any treatments. He has started me on medication to induce a period and ten days after that he will do an ultrasound to look at my uterine lining. He also did a full blood work panel on me that day as well. He started with this course of action because he wanted to see if there is anything missed on other ultrasounds that another doctor may not have seen. He also is sending my husband to a genetics counselor due to his karotype being slightly abnormal.
The costs for us are out of pocket due to the fact that we have insurance that they cover.
We have not discussed this at all yet.
Louisville

[Kentucky Fertility Institute is] Very clean and organized. One of the most popular clinics in town, so trying to get an initial appointment is hard. I made one in July and got an appt for October, so don’t plan on getting in right away. Once you have your initial appt, everything happens quickly.... My initial appt after insurance was about $100. My initial blood work up, which included 16 vials was only about $230 after insurance. Couldn’t tell you about the pricing on the other procedures yet.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
He is easy to get in touch with regarding prescription refills, next steps etc. you don’t have to go into the office everytime you want to talk to him about small things like side effects, etc.
Nice and patient
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Everyone says he is socially awkward. He is not bad, sometimes blunt, but I like that because I work in healthcare. He is easy to talk to and always available through email if you have any questions or concerns. He basically has told me that the ball is in my court and we can move on to the next step to be more aggressive whenever I want to.
Go into your appointment with all your cycle info, symptoms you have monthly, etc. good to be prepared and to tell him everything so you don’t forget.
My husband and I have been trying for over a year now. We have lost two, about 10 months in between. We had a workup done on both and nothing is wrong of course. I was told I’m just an unlucky healthy 28 year old. We are still having trouble getting pregnant again. We had an shg done and everything looked fine. I was put on progesterone and baby aspirin for a few months and now we are trying Femara, this month is our second on Femara. Our next step will be injections and tracking ovulation through ultrasound. Will probably do that within the next few months if we don’t get BFP.
My insurance covered more than I thought. My initial appt after insurance was about $100. My initial blood work up, which included 16 vials was only about $230 after insurance. Couldn’t tell you about the pricing on the other procedures yet.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Carol, the IVF coordinator [at KFI], is awesome! She sends out the protocol emails when she says she will, she responds to questions quickly, and she did a great job teaching me to do my shots despite my terror...Billing issues and how they were handled are my biggest complaints about the clinic...$13,500 for IVF cycle (not including meds, which were about $4500)...There has been a lot of turnover in the office/admin roles, which made it hard to get responses. Despite having to pay for all services in full upfront, I received multiple bills for services and had to contest those bills. I had to leave multiple messages and send multiple emails. Even with trying to follow up each week, it took months to resolve. Super stressful when going through IVF.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Strengths: They have a great doctor, nursing staff, and lab. I've had several doctors tell me that they would choose Dr. Hunter and Dr. Christensen, the embryologist, if they were in my situation. Weakness: Billing was really frustrating, even as a self-pay patient. There has been a lot of turnover in the office/admin roles, which made it hard to get responses. Despite having to pay for all services in full upfront, I received multiple bills for services and had to contest those bills. I had to leave multiple messages and send multiple emails. Even with trying to follow up each week, it took months to resolve. Super stressful when going through IVF.
Dr. Hunter is very thorough in explaining treatment options. He was very open and responsive to questions and never seemed impatient or rushed when answering questions. I liked that when I was cycling I could email questions to him directly and he would respond quickly. IVF is hard and scary, so it was nice to feel like there were no stupid questions and all my concerns would be addressed if I reached out to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Carol, the IVF coordinator, is awesome! She sends out the protocol emails when she says she will, she responds to questions quickly, and she did a great job teaching me to do my shots despite my terror. She's the go to for compassionate care. Candy is also great to work with and always has a good attitude. Kathy was always so compassionate and calming when I was getting my blood drawn. Really all the nurses and lab staff were great.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I had my egg retrieval and first embryo transfer (which failed) with another doctor at KFI. I saw Dr. Hunter after my previous doctor left the practice. I had additional embryos frozen, so I saw Dr. Hunter for an ERA cycle and another FET cycle. Dr. Hunter was thorough and answered all my questions. He is very factual and realistic. He will be straightforward about your chances, but in a kind way. I liked that he called me with results and was supportive when my ERA results were disappointing. When I needed a break in treatment, I felt welcomed back to the practice when I was ready to try again. I felt Dr. Hunter listened to my concerns, gave me the facts, and let me have a voice in my treatment plan. Our FET with Dr. Hunter was successful and I am currently in my second trimester. After being released to my OB, I miss Dr. Hunter and the personalized care I received from him and his nurses.
Dr. Hunter is very direct, logical, and straightforward. He might strike some people as unemotional, but I think he really cares about his patients. It took me a little while to warm up to him but to be fair to him....I met him for the first time coming off of a failed embryo transfer with another doctor and was skeptical of the fertility industry. Advice: write down questions and bring them with you. Dr. Hunter will answer them all.
After my first failed embryo transfer with a different doctor who left the practice, I saw Dr. Hunter. Because my previous doctor had recommended an ERA, I asked Dr. Hunter about it and he agreed to do it. I had a horrible time (emotionally and physically) on the Lupron, Estrace, and progesterone, but just toughed it out. When my ERA came back non-receptive and it needed to be repeated with two more days of progesterone, I had a melt down. I did not want to do another HRT cycle. I took a few months off, saw another RE for a second opinion, and came back to Dr. Hunter with a request to do a natural cycle FET since I had such adverse side effects to a programmed cycle. He was willing to do it despite it being less predictable and convenient for the clinic. The transfer was successful and I SO appreciated that he listened to my concerns and worked with me on a protocol that reduced the amount of drugs I had to take. I went into the transfer feeling SO much better and it worked!
$170 office visit/consultation $13,500 for IVF cycle (not including meds, which were about $4500) $4250 for PGS testing $600 for ERA cycle biopsy (not including meds) $4500 for FET (not including meds)
He strongly recommended a single embryo transfer for me, and I agreed with him 100%.
Louisville
I have nothing but positive things to say [about Kentucky Fertility Institute]! Everyone is amazing! They know me as soon as I arrive and treat me like family. The office has recently been through some different management and it was rocky at first while they figured things out but everything with my treatment went smoothly and I know they are on the upswing of things...Carol [nurse] is great! She is always available to answer questions and will hold your hand and hug you through all of this! Candi is wonderful to! They always keep a great attitude! I am happy with all the staff! From nurses to phlebotomists Kathy!
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I have nothing but positive things to say! Everyone is amazing! They know me as soon as I arrive and treat me like family. The office has recently been through some different management and it was rocky at first while they figured things out but everything with my treatment went smoothly and I know they are on the upswing of things.
Dr Hunter always made me feel like a person who cared about. In the beginning of my IVF cycle I was waiting to receive 2 checks from my husbands and mine 401k plan to start the treatment. I was told it needed to be paid in full before treatment started. I did have an appointment for a Monday and on Saturday the mail was delayed and the check was not going to be delivered until Monday. I didn’t want to show up empty handed so I emailed Dr Hunter to cancel. He then wrote me back saying this did not need to interrupt my care and to kee my appointment. I knew then he truly cared about me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol, Candi )
Carol is great! She is always available to answer questions and will hold your hand and hug you through all of this! Candi is wonderful to! They always keep a great attitude! I am happy with all the staff! From nurses to phlebotomists Kathy!
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is very smart and very passionate about what he does. He never makes you feel rushed and will always answer any questions you have. He also will give you his personal email for anytime you have questions and will respond within 24 hours. I’m so thankful I found him and he took me on as a patient. I always felt super comfortable.
Dr hunter is great! He is not the type to hold your hand and cry but he is very knowledgeable and wants to help you succeed and I appreciate that.
After several years of secondary infertility I met with Dr Hunter after his partner Dr Justice left so he could take on my care. I was not sold on IvF but I was tired of being let down. He did not push me into IVf and said we could try some more IUI’s but my chances were higher with IVF. I took his advice and am currently waiting to see if my first IVf worked.
The cost of Iva is 13,500
He recommend single embryo transfer with my age and I was ok with that
Louisville

They never answer the phone [at Kentucky Fertility Institute], so be prepared to leave lots of messages and hope for a callback within a week to schedule or address your medical or billing question. Dont think because you pay upon arrival for service that you wont be billed again for that same service and then sent to collections while they scramble to figure out what they're doing. Billing department is also a nightmare and not even in the same office, they cant access your files, do not return calls, do not have accounts linked to payments or itemized bills, it's an absolute nightmare.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They never answer the phone, so be prepared to leave lots of messages and hope for a callback within a week to schedule or address your medical or billing question. Dont think because you pay upon arrival for service that you wont be billed again for that same service and then sent to collections while they scramble to figure out what they're doing. Billing department is also a nightmare and not even in the same office, they cant access your files, do not return calls, do not have accounts linked to payments or itemized bills, it's an absolute nightmare.
Dr. Hunter spoke very snidely and condescending when answering questions as well as going over my medical history. There was also ZERO follow up after each procedure, not even and email. I emailed at 1 point to ask if I was supposed to be the one reaching out after each failed procedure and did not hear back for 2 weeks and got an excuse that the nurse practitioner whom I had never seen in the first place was out of office. When I'd call they were quick to schedule and get payment up front then have me wait an hour for service. But then bill me for that same service I had just paid upfront for.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter can be very condescending and non sympathetic. He tends to roll his eyes and no more than you always even if it's not on the topic of fertility. The office also takes paymen the moment you walk in to even be seen, but then Bill's you anyways. When you try to get to the bottom of the billing AND bring in proof of payment receipts printed by their office they tell you to ignore them that it takes 2 billing cycles to correct and then they send you to collections. Very unprofessional. There is also ZERO FOLLOW UP after any procedure. You have to be the one to reach out which I extremely sad considering what your going through and what your paying. All in all this office was a terrible experience and I feel terrible I recommended them at all during my excitement the first few treatments. Reflecting now on my 9 months of unsuccessful treatments and procedures with zero explanation for why as well as the whole billing disaster I would Never recommend this office nor Dr Hunter.
Seek another doctor who is compassionate, follows up, listens to your medical history, changes up procedures when the same one fails multiple times(especially when there is nothing physically wrong with you).
We tried 5 rounds of timed intercourse with trigger shots and letrozole. He said since there is nothing he can see from ultrasound and imaging stopping me from getting pregnant this was the route to go. We had zero luck. We then tried 1 round of IUI with letrozole and yet again nothing. I then asked if we could try phamara instead of letrozole and do 1 more round of IUI. Once again we did not have a positive result and at that point sought treatment elsewhere since no other options were even mentioned.
Sperm isolation 225. Ultrasound 175. IUI 500. Inpatient imaging/scope 550.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
We loved the staff at KFI and will always remember how much they helped us... they go above and beyond! They always answered our questions, calmed our nerves and even knew us by name when we walked in the door. When we had a complication early in our pregnancy, Carol came in early on a Sunday morning with the on-call doctor to do an ultrasound and reassure us that they baby was fine...Some of our appointments were more nerve wracking than others and they were quick to offer comforting words, hugs and hands to hold when I needed them. They were prompt in responding to questions via phone/email and very thorough with explanations of treatment plans, directions for medications, etc.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Not to sound like a broken record, but they go above and beyond! They always answered our questions, calmed our nerves and even knew us by name when we walked in the door. When we had a complication early in our pregnancy, Carol came in early on a Sunday morning with the on-call doctor to do an ultrasound and reassure us that they baby was fine.
Dr Hunter was patient, kind and thorough at every appointment from the very beginning. We never felt rushed through any appointments and he always answered our questions honestly and concisely.
Everyone at KFI was kind, compassionate and felt like family by the time we left. Some of our appointments were more nerve wracking than others and they were quick to offer comforting words, hugs and hands to hold when I needed them. They were prompt in responding to questions via phone/email and very thorough with explanations of treatment plans, directions for medications, etc. We loved the staff at KFI and will always remember how much they helped us.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter treated me like a human, not just a patient. He was understanding of our concerns and addressed all of them with patience and honesty. When I had a small reaction to the anesthesia (not the clinic’s nor Dr Hunter’s fault at all) he saw me right away and even called me at home that night to check on me. He went above and beyond as a doctor and we trust him wholeheartedly. We would highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatments.
Do your research and speak up at appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable, open-minded and is one of those rare doctors that takes time with each patient. I always felt reassured when I left the office because he took the time to answer my questions thoroughly.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS, but neither were so severe that they should have prevented a natural pregnancy so we were put in the “unexplained” category. Previous doctors put us through unsuccessful and possibly unnecessary treatments. Dr Hunter was honest from the very beginning and explained that IVF would be our best option, being one of the most direct approaches when battling unexplained infertility. We were successful on our very first IVF cycle.

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
The billing department [KFI] is a nightmare. HORRIBLE. I have been overbilled numerous times. The communication from billing is a joke. I was grossly underquoted a number of times then told I had to pay like 3k more than my quote before theyd allow me to continue with treatment. ... The nurse staff is fantastic though and they are so compassionate. I absolutely loved them and miss them. ...
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The billing department is a nightmare. HORRIBLE. I have been overbilled numerous times. The communication from billing is a joke. I was grossly underquoted a number of times then told I had to pay like 3k more than my quote before theyd allow me to continue with treatment. I have had to pull ledgers and go through it with a fine tooth comb numerous times. The nurse staff is fantastic though and they are so compassionate. I absolutely loved them and miss them. There are a good number of patients who see success at KFI but I was not one of them. My protocol never really changed even though I was seeing horrible results. I have since left for another RE.
Dr Hunter is very respectful. He is a bit dry at times and doesnt show compassion like some of the other doctors I have seen. He is more clinical but he is very kind.
The nursing staff at KFI are wonderful though. Candy and Carol are godsends. I absolutely loved them and I miss them. I have moved on to another clinic now since KFI couldnt help me but I wish I couldve taken the nurses with me.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I like him as a person and I feel he is knowledgeable but he was not the right fit for me. I trusted that he would be able to help me so I stayed through 3 cycles. I should have left earlier. I think he had the best intentions for me but he was very reluctant to try anything different and when I suggested various things that I thought could possibly help me he would always say research shows that wont help, I dont think it would benefit you and so on. It was like I was given a cookie cutter approach that is used for everyone and there was a lot of reluctance to do something different for me.
Ask a lot of questions.
All three of my cycle protocols were EXACTLY the same pretty much. 150iu gonal, 150iu menopur every single cycle. The last cycle we did add HGH and ICSI and it actually was my worst cycle of all. I asked for a lower dose as I am a high responder which was met with some unwillingness to try that kind of protocol. I have retrieved about 75 eggs in my 3 cycles and have basically nothing to show for it. I was told that my eggs are of poor quality and I was given an option to try an egg donor next. I have since moved on to another RE who has told me I was overstimulated every cycle which could have made my egg quality greatly suffer and he wants my medicine cut in half. He said less eggs and higher quality is what we want. He basically disagreed with everything that Dr Hunter did for me which was very upsetting but I feel I am in the right place now.
This clinic is not cheap. 4500 for FET, like 13-14k for retrieval cycle not including your meds. I have since moved on to IRH where IVF cycle with fresh transfer is 8200
I transferred one embryo with both of my FETs but after one failed FET I was given the option to transfer 2 on my second FET. I still chose to transfer one because I had a limited number of embryos.
Louisville

I had a really great experience with KFI. The only weakness is response time if you call. They do not have a live person answer the phone, and that can result in several days before you hear back. But they are very responsive through patient portal or email. ... They are all very supportive and friendly. They knew my name, encouraged me, and were available to answer any and all questions I had. I felt completely comfortable in their care, and they really helped ease my worries, especially during the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr. Hunter listened to my concerns, created a plan for me based on my needs, and was always available to answer any questions or respond to any concerns I had.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter clearly cares deeply about his patients. He listens and responds to his patients' concerns, and he is always available to answer questions. He gave me as much information as I needed to understand the process, which was comforting to me. My only "issue" with Dr. Hunter is that occasionally he seemed confused by a question I had and why it mattered, but I think that is because I was a little too google and message board happy. He still always answered my questions and explained why some of my questions did not need to be answered at that time.
Follow his advice--he knows what he's doing and has your best interests at heart. There were some days when I questioned whether I needed to go an extra day on stims given my follicle size, or whether I needed to have another ultrasound, but Dr. Hunter was always spot on in the end.
I did two rounds of IUI with Dr. Hunter first. In the first round, we did 50 mg(?) of clomid, and that didn't stimulate my follicles enough, so we did 150 the next round which made a huge difference. We got negative pregnancy tests both times, likely in part due to my husband's mild MFI (for morphology). For IVF, I stimmed for 8 days using follistem, menopur, and cetrotide. That resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized normally, and 4 blasts, all of which were frozen. We transferred one embryo the next cycle, and that resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
My IVF package was $13500 not including medication but including ICSI and one transfer. Each IUI cost around $1000 total I think, including medication.
For my age and history, Dr. Hunter strongly suggested we do a single embryo transfer. Given my height, BMI, and fitness level, Dr. Hunter believed I could handle a twin pregnancy, so he did not completely rule out multiple embryo transfer for our situation. However, he explained that each embryo has a higher chance in resulting in pregnancy in my situation if you do a single embryo transfer.
Louisville

The clinic [KY Fertility Inst] was able to work with my schedule and give me appointment times that worked well for me. The office is clean and organized, with refreshments in the waiting room. They were always friendly and were right on time with appointments typically....IVF was roughly $13,500 with $600 for anesthesia. This included monitoring appointments, retrieval, transfer, first blood beta, 1 year of storage for the embryos. Medications were about $5000.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic was able to work with my schedule and give me appointment times that worked well for me. The office is clean and organized, with refreshments in the waiting room. They were always friendly and were right on time with appointments typically.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany D. Justice at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Justice has fantastic bedside manner while making sure you're clear on everything that's going on. She always makes you feel like you're her most important patient, never seeming rushed or stressed.
How was your experience with Tiffany D. Justice at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I could not speak more highly of a doctor than Dr. Justice. She was a smiling face at every single visit. She maintained a unmatched level of optimism, while still staying realistic. I never felt rushed at appointments and she listened to me, answering every question and explaining each step of the process. I always knew she had my best interests in mind when making any decisions about my care. I came into the initial consult requesting IVF. She still made sure to detail all the options I had available, drawing pictures for me to get a more clear understanding. I was never pushed into any decisions. She has a way of making people feel like her most important patient, always asking about my day to day life while at visits (remembering things we discussed before) and personally calling with the blood beta hcg levels after transfer. I will definitely trust her with my future care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany D. Justice at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Trust her expertise. You're in good hands.
Describe the protocols Tiffany D. Justice used in your cycles at Kentucky Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Birth control for 19 days. Gonal-F 225 and Menopur 75 for 8 days (Cetrotide for 3 days) Triggered on Day 9 with Lupron for retrieval the morning of day 11. Cabergoline started on day of trigger. Egg retrieval and freeze-all cycle. Chose to do no testing on the embryos. Couple weeks on birth control before starting 2mg Estrace 3x a day orally. Lining was thin at ultrasound, so added 2mg vaginally. Lining developed a fluid pocket, which did not resolve after the next period. Hysteroscopy, polyp removal, d&c. New cycle with 2mg estrace 3x a day plus 1 vaginally. Tranfer about 3 weeks later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany D. Justice at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Describe Tiffany D. Justice's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
She prefers to transfer 1 embryo. Fully educated us on the tradeoffs of transferring 2.
Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tiffany D. Justice at Kentucky Fertility Institute.

The clinic [KY Fertility Institute] is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. We have rarely ever had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to go back for labs or ultrasound or to see the doctor. Overall it is a very nice facility and easy to navigate and get to.... Carol is everything you need in an ivf care coordinator— efficient, warm and compassionate, encouraging and an amazing advocate and cheerleader.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. We have rarely ever had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to go back for labs or ultrasound or to see the doctor. Overall it is a very nice facility and easy to navigate and get to.
Calls you directly to discuss results, quick to respond to email questions, personalized care, etc
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter takes the time to listen and thoroughly answer questions. He is direct with expectations but tempered with compassion. You feel totally in control throughout the process, just with a really smart guide to help plot your course.
Come with questions and listen to your gut.
Initially the treatment strategy was just to induce ovulation (I didn’t have regular cycles) and pair it with timed intercourse since my husband had no issues with sperm. We failed to get a positive result and in between cycles ended up with a large ovarian cyst that needed to be removed which was done so quickly and fairly easily with no complications via laparoscopic surgery by Dr. Hunter. Prior to the rounds of clomid and femara I underwent an HSG to make sure my tubes were clear and also had a polyp removed from my uterus. After the failed rounds of clomid and femara and cyst we decided to move on to IVF because I was nervous about more cysts recquiring surgery. We did an egg retrieval after a fairly aggressive stims cycle and planned for a frozen transfer of a day 5 embryo. We opted for frozen versus fresh cycle because of my age I was more at risk to be a high responder and develop OHSS. We retrieved 14 eggs and ended up with 3 day 5 embryos (2aa grade). We did two frozen transfers 1 resulting in a negative test and another where we transferred the remaining two and one implanted but didn’t make it past 6 weeks. We are now considering another round of IVF with PGS testing to ensure we have quality embryos and are doing a saline ultrasound to make sure my uterus still looks clean.
PGS was outsourced and runs about $5k A full IVF cycle— egg retrieval + fresh embryo transfer and all the monitoring, blood tests, labs, etc out of pocket is about $13k and split between the lab and the KY fertility institute. Plus and additional $600 for anesthesia for egg retrieval. A FET is about $4,500 Medication for an IVF cycle runs between $3,800 and 6k and is not included in the package price of 13k
To my knowledge KY Fertility Institute has never had a case of multiple gestation more than twins and would prefer to keep it that way. Their goal is a safe and healthy pregnancy, which generally means one. They present all the facts and figures and in most cases recommend a single embryo transfer but in certain cases will support transferring two as we did for our last frozen embryo transfer.
Louisville

The clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute] is very updated, clean, and all-inclusive. They are able to do all of the appointments, consultations, ultrasounds, and procedures in the office. The staff knows each patient by name when they walk in the front door. The only problem I have faced is regarding the financial department getting me a quote for IVF. However, once I bought it to the attention of the iVF nurse coordinator, I got a call from the financial office within 2 days
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very updated, clean, and all-inclusive. They are able to do all of the appointments, consultations, ultrasounds, and procedures in the office. The staff knows each patient by name when they walk in the front door. The only problem I have faced is regarding the financial department getting me a quote for IVF. However, once I bought it to the attention of the iVF nurse coordinator, I got a call from the financial office within 2 days.
Dr. Hunter has been very compassionate and understanding throughout this process. He has answered all of our questions, no matter how big or small. He fully explains treatment options and recommendations that are realistic and individualized for our situation.
The nurses are always present during ultrasounds and procedures to assist in any way that they can. They are very friendly and supportive. During my hysteroscopy, the nurse stayed by my head the entire time, explaining what was happening and what I could expect. That meant a lot to me and made me feel more comfortable, since I was awake during the procedure.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter is very knowledgeable in this field. He truly cares about his patients and wants success for each one of us. He takes time after each ultrasound or procedure to review results, come up with a plan, fill prescriptions, and then writes everything down for his patients. He is very organized, honest, optimistic yet realistic, and thorough.
He is direct. He is not going to fluff up the facts in efforts to minimize the situation. I appreciate that about him. This is a stressful time in many people's lives and he doesn't mess around with that.
When my husband and I started trying to get pregnant, my OB/GYN started me on 2.5 mg letrozole daily. After 5 rounds of that without success, we met with Dr. Hunter. He told me that was a "baby dose" and that we needed to make some significant changes. I did 3 rounds of 7.5 mg letrozole daily with ovidrel, 200 mg of progesterone, and various amounts of estrogen. After my first ultrasound, it was evident that my uterine lining was not thick enough, so the next month he started me on an estrogen regimen. After that was unsuccessful, he increased the estrogen to a pill and patch. After 3 months without a pregnancy and having a thin uterine lining despite 2 forms of estrogen, we discussed a hysteroscopy. I had that procedure done in May and recovered in June. During the month of July, we tried clomid. I did not respond as well to this medication, so for the next cycle, I went back to letrozole, estrogen, ovidrel, progesterone. When that was unsuccessful, we did our final round of letrozole, estrogen, gonal-f injections, ovidrel, and progesterone. At this point, after much discussion with Dr. Hunter, we decided that IVF was the next step. I am currently on birth control pills in preparation for IVF.
Each ultrasound is $170 (I've had 7). Regarding lab work, the cost is around $200 for my husband and me. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments. I do not have a final bill for the hysteroscopy. However, my medications are somewhat covered by prescription insurance, so that has helped some with the cost of those which totals around $400.
When we met with Dr. Hunter to discuss our IVF journey, he gave us a lot of information and statistics based on age ranges and medical conditions. For my age group, he recommends transferring one embryo but will transfer up to 2 embryos if the patient requests.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
We got daily calls [from Kentucky Fertility Institute] with updates on the embryos progress. In the end we had 2 embryos that made it to the blast stage and were frozen. Next we waited to get my hormones and uterus regulated and in optimal condition to accept the frozen embryos. We then had both embryos transferred and followed up I believe a week later for a blood pregnancy test which was positive!
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
This is a very strong practice that is up and coming. They really have it all in 1 place. Male and female infertility testing, lab, diagnostics, embryology lab, frozen storage, just everything. It is nice and gives you peace of mind knowing everything is in 1 place
After coming from a different office that resulted in a failed IVF cycle, Dr. Hunter made sure to make us feel confident in trying again to achieve our dream of starting a family. He presented us with all the information, talked to us specifically about our situation and was always available to conference with if any new questions arose. He made us feel very welcome at his practice and comfortable with our decision to try again after a failed cycle.
The nurse coordinator was more involved in my care behind the scene. She would send me email updates with lab results and medication changes. She also scheduled all of my follow up appointments based on what we needed to do next in the process. I didn't speak with her much in person, but when I did she was very helpful
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
We absolutely loved Dr. Hunter. He took his time to review all of our information prior to meeting with us. He was very up front and prepared with all the information regarding us trying another IVF cycle. I am personally employed in women's health and not once did I feel like Dr. Hunter assumed I already knew something. He treated me with the utmost respect and explained everything as though it was the 1st time we had gone though treatments. He was always available and quickly returned after hours calls. He is a fantastic doctor and I would and even have referred one of my good friends to. If in the future my husband and I decide to further expand our family we will most definitely being going back to see Dr. Hunter.
As lots of questions and be involved in your care. Dr. Hunter is very knowledgeable in his field and can answer all questions.
We did a IVF cycle. It started with a sperm retrieval from my husband due to make infertility factor. The retrieval was done through a local urologist. Next we did a follicle stimulation cycle for me. This included 8 days of stimulation drugs with frequent ultrasounds to measure follicle growth. After the stimulation 7 eggs were retrieved, fertilized with my husband's sperm and incubated to grow for up to 6 days. We got daily calls with updates on the embryos progress. In the end we had 2 embryos that made it to the blast stage and were frozen. Next we waited to get my hormones and uterus regulated and in optimal condition to accept the frozen embryos. We then had both embryos transferred and followed up I believe a week later for a blood pregnancy test which was positive! We are now expecting twins due Nov 2018!
The total cost for retrievals, medications and transfers we spent around $15,000. This office accepts insurance and did file claims for consolations and some lab work with insurance. Many other procedures in IVF an non covered by insurance. They offered a military discount to us since my husband is active duty. They also had financing options as well as medication discount plans that were very beneficial in reducing costs on some of the high priced stimulation drugs.
Dr. Hunter recommended that we only transfer 1 of our 2 embryos, but after discussing with him the fact that we already had 1 failed cycle and only 2 embryos we all agreed that transferring 2 would be a good option for us. We did discuss all of the risks associated with a possible multiple order pregnancy resulting from this transfer and felt comfortable with our decision.
Louisville

Billing is the only downfall of this clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute]. They have had quite a bit of turnover recently, so hoping that gets resolved. But, dealing with billing has been the most painful part of the process. The office staff are so friendly and always make you feel welcome and at home.... Carol and Candy are amazing!!!!! They are so helpful and always available to answer questions. Carol sends out my schedules promptly and I'm never left waiting in the dark.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Billing is the only downfall of this clinic. They have had quite a bit of turnover recently, so hoping that gets resolved. But, dealing with billing has been the most painful part of the process. The office staff are so friendly and always make you feel welcome and at home.
Dr. Justice took time to get to know us personally. We felt more like friends than patients. She has so much compassion and shares both pain and joy with us.
Carol and Candy are amazing!!!!! They are so helpful and always available to answer questions. Carol sends out my schedules promptly and I'm never left waiting in the dark. At my retrieval, even at 5am, they both were so cheerful and kept my spirits high and nerves low.
Dr. Justice is an amazing physician. She is not only extremely knowledgeable in her field, but her bedside manner is exactly what we've needed in going through this process. Emotions run high, and she is very aware of and sensitive to that. She is honest and transparent all the while maintaining a positive attitude that is nothing short of contagious. We always felt like valued patients with hearts and feelings and emotions, and not once did we feel like a number or an inconvenience. We are so grateful for every she has done and continues to do for us.
Reach out with questions. She is always willing and eager to answer any of my questions.
We tried 7 IUIs with Letrozole and trigger shot. 6 were monitored after we discovered my ovulation predictor might have been off in round 1. Since we have male factor and are using a donor, we felt that we should try as many IUIs as possible before moving to IVF. Once we hit the IVF stage, we discovered early on that the Lupron was not effective. So, we cancelled that cycle and started again using Cetrotide. This resulted in 7 eggs retrieved and 2 surviving embryos. One day 5 blast was transferred fresh. That resulted in a chemical pregnancy in week 1-2. We will do our 2nd trasfer this month.
We had insurance coverage for all 7 iuis and the IVF through the 1st transfer, so costs were relatively low. The bulk of the costs were our medications and the donor sperm. But procedures seemed to be within the norm.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Very kind staff [at Kentucky Fertility Institute], beautiful facility. Organized throughout the entire process. The phlebotomist was incredible with the most amazing personality. Very quick to return phone calls. The clinic is fairly new so no reported data exists that i was able to find and when I asked in an email, i never got an answer. Pricing is fair, although we left the clinic to go with a more experienced one near by that offered a self pay discount as my insurance does not cover any of the procedure.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very kind staff, beautiful facility. Organized throughout the entire process. The phlebotomist was incredible with the most amazing personality. Very quick to return phone calls. The clinic is fairly new so no reported data exists that i was able to find and when I asked in an email, i never got an answer. Pricing is fair, although we left the clinic to go with a more experienced one near by that offered a self pay discount as my insurance does not cover any of the procedure.
Dr Justice is very kind and has a gentle demeanor. She is realistic and honest. Her personality is laid back and almost feels shy at first, so it initially took me a couple of visits to warm up to her. She is wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
Stacy was great. She did 2 of my IUI transfers. Explained everything, very helpful answering questions, calming and kind.
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
As stated already, her personality seems shy at first and it took me a few visits to warm up to her. She is gentle, very calming, and explains everything in the plan of care in great detail, as well as during the procedure. She is compassionate but not a warm and fuzzy kind of person. She sets realistic expectations.
That she is fairly new to RE but is very knowledgeable
We had 4 failed IUIs. The first 2 using letrozole only. After the first 2 failed, we did a Hysterosalpingogram with normal results. My husbands initial count was great however morphology was quite low. Throughout the course of attempts his count was between 6 and 15 million, with morphology improving somewhat. After the fourth failed IUI she recommended IVF as the best way to get a positive pregnancy test.
IUIs were around $500 each, with the bill split between a lab cost and procedure cost. My labs and the hsg was covered by insurance. One round of IVF with genetic testing was around $28,000. I do not recall if this included ICSI. This included 1 year of freezing any available embryos.
Louisville

Whenever I have had to leave messages for nursing staff [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] to inquire about my care they are always prompt to respond and willing to answer any questions or address any concerns...The clinic is very clean and welcoming. They are also very prompt with care as I have rarely had to wait long to be called back for an appointment. After a couple visits the staff knew me by name when I would arrive for an appointment, giving that extra personal feel.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I feel like Dr Hunter and his staff really care about me. Everyone in the office is kind and every time I’m in for an appointment or procedure I feel as if I were to want to discuss where I am in my treatment or make any changes it would be welcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Nursing is very caring and understanding. Whenever I have had to leave messages for nursing staff to inquire about my care they are always prompt to respond and willing to answer any questions or address any concerns.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is always available when I need to get in to see him. I have had to call the weekend on call team more than once and I have had to go in for weekend appointments. He has never seemed bothered by me bothering him on weekends. He is always patient and kind. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns to ensure that we are all on the same page. And, on more than one occasion he has offered to meet with me in his office to discuss future treatment.
Dr Hunter is very understanding and will not continue to do treatments that aren’t working. He will make appropriate changes to the plan of care to help reach the final goal of pregnancy.
My infertility is unexplained as no diagnosis could be found with either myself or my husband. My only issue was a short luteal phase. Dr Hunter felt that I would respond better with letrozole as opposed to clomid. We did 4 timed intercourse attempts with letrozole, ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation, and progesterone suppositories after ovulation. When those attempts failed we moved on to iui. Same medications, but iui as opposed to timed intercourse. I’ve now had 4 iui’s and am a week away from finding out if the 4th time was the charm.
IUI’s have been $500 per attempt. Monthly ultrasounds to assess follicle growth have sometimes been covered by insurance, but not always. When I have done self pay for those, they have been $175. Other than that, I have just had to pay prescription co pays for my medications.
Louisville

The wait time at this clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute] is outrageous. Every visit I have been to so far (approx 6) I have waited 30 min in the waiting room. I have started showing up 15 min late for appointments so I only have to wait 15 min. The scheduling should be adjusted so patients are not scheduled so close together to correct this wait time. Dr. Hunter is very thorough and takes the time to answer all your questions, which I appreciate, but this should be taken into consideration when scheduling patients.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The wait time at this clinic is outrageous. Every visit I have been to so far (approx 6) I have waited 30 min in the waiting room. I have started showing up 15 min late for appointments so I only have to wait 15 min. The scheduling should be adjusted so patients are not scheduled so close together to correct this wait time. Dr. Hunter is very thorough and takes the time to answer all your questions, which I appreciate, but this should be taken into consideration when scheduling patients.
He takes a lot of time to explain his treatment plan to make sure you understand everything. He always asks if you have questions and will take as much time as needed to answer your questions. I have emailed him directly on one occasion and he responded within 2 minutes, which was incredibly impressive. There are only two doctors at the practice, but one is always on call and will answer phone calls to ensure you get the answers you need.
I am at the beginning of treatment, but so far, the nurse has been very responsive to emails/phone calls. She is organized and made sure I understood the injection calendar.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I'm currently still in treatment, so I can't give too many specifics. However, so far Dr. Hunter has been very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Sometimes his answers are too long and I'm worried to ask additional questions, as the visit may take longer than I have time for. He is very thorough. I have confidence I will be successful with Dr. Hunter
Be patient with the process because Dr. Hunter will not rush anything. (The treatment plan, the visits, the start of IVF, etc).
With my insurance, one round of IVF was approx $3,500, plus prescription meds, which is much more expensive than when I saw a doctor in a neighboring state.
Louisville

At Kentucky Fertility Institute, I am greeted by name when I walk through the door.... The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The administrative side of the clinic is usually efficient, and I've never had issues scheduling an appointment.... The nursing staff are incredibly kind, friendly, and compassionate. They are also knowledgeable and helpful with questions.... Ultrasounds are $175. Total cost of medications per month is about $110 - $115, with the trigger shot being the most expensive (about $80 per shot).
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The administrative side of the clinic is usually efficient, and I've never had issues scheduling an appointment. The only downside for me is their location (not exactly close to my home or office), but the clinic's pros far outweigh this minor inconvenience.
At Kentucky Fertility Institute, I am greeted by name when I walk through the door. The nurses and Dr. Hunter are incredibly kind, patient, and supportive. I feel listened to, and I feel they go above and beyond to answer my questions and address my concerns.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
My experience with Dr. Hunter began with a consultation and a review of my reproductive/gynecological history to date. From there, we scheduled an hsg test, followed by a monthly drug regimen. Dr. Hunter is great at answering questions, showed compassion regarding the ectopic pregnancy I experience before beginning treatments with his office, and makes himself as available as possible to his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. While he tries to be thorough, there can be a lot to cover during any given appointment. He is also great with email follow-up if you think of questions after your appointment.
I am still in treatment with Dr. Hunter. During any given cycle, I take Ovidrel on days 3 through 7 of my cycle. I go in for an ultrasound between days 11 and 13, followed by a trigger shot and a daily dose of Progesterone for the next two weeks or until the start of my next cycle. The rationale for this treatment is based on other testing I've had done - my hsg was normal, my thyroid levels are normal, my testosterone levels are a bit high, etc. I'd also noticed that I tend to ovulate a bit late in my cycle naturally. My husband also had a sperm analysis, which came back normal as well.
Ultrasounds are $175. Total cost of medications per month is about $110 - $115, with the trigger shot being the most expensive (about $80 per shot). We are considering IUI as our next step; the office quoted this treatment at $500 per cycle.
Louisville

Everyone [Kentucky Fertility Institute] makes every effort to make sure you are comfortable and create an environment that is welcoming and calm. From the nurses, front staff, and my doctor I have been thoroughly impressed with everything.... Our nurse is fantastic! I have called her many time asking questions I have forgotten and she responds quickly and with as much information as she can! She is always compassionate when I call to tell her that we need to start again.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I have only been with this clinic for three months but it has been a wonderful experience, as least as far as it can be when dealing with infertility. Everyone makes every effort to make sure you are comfortable and create an environment that is welcoming and calm. From the nurses, front staff, and my doctor I have been thoroughly impressed with everything. I know it sounds cliche but I have really no complaints nor have a seen any obvious weaknesses! I would recommend this clinic to anyone and everyone who is experiencing infertility.
Every time I see Dr.Justice she is warm and friendly and her and her staff treat me wonderfully at every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candy)
Our nurse is fantastic! I have called her many time asking questions I have forgotten and she responds quickly and with as much information as she can! She is always compassionate when I call to tell her that we need to start again. During appointment she makes sure I am comfortable and talks about our families in order to make it a little less nerve wracking.
During our first visit Dr.Justice sat down with my husband and I and went through our history. It didn’t feel rushed or impersonal, which I was expecting. From that meeting she gave us a specific plan on how she wanted to approach treatment. She wrote every step down for us so that we understood what we would be doing and when. Coming from someone who likes a plan it was my first inclination that I was in the right place! At each appointment we were treated with respect and friendliness. Dr.Justice personally does the ultrasounds and every procedure that we have been through and each time she treats the procedure with hope. Always telling me first what happens WHEN I get pregnant not if I get pregnant. It gives me hope after seven years of infertility!!! Dr. Justice’s strength is in her compassion, her demeanor during visits keeps me from losing hope. The only weakness I can think of was explanation of side effects. Even then she does explain what the medication does and why I am taking it. I am beyond thankful for Dr.Justice and would recommended her to anyone struggling to conceive.
I would say to ask questions. She is open to questions and answers them in a way that helps you to understand. So if your confused but afraid to ask questions, don’t be!
We began with just using progesterone since I was later in my cycle on our first meeting with Dr.Justice. The second month I came in for a baseline ultrasound. I was then put on Letrozole, two per day for five days. Then I came in for another ultrasound to determine how many eggs were mature.After that I was to self administer Ovidril on day twelve of my cycle. After 36 hours the IUI was performed. Two days after the IUI I started progesterone for 12 days. A negative pregnancies test was the result of the first IUI. We did the same procedure for the second but my progesterone was increased to twice a day instead of once a day. Still waiting on the results of the second IUI.
Letrozole- 25.00 Ultrasound (2)- 350 IUI- 500 Progesterone- 45.00

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
KFI is great. Everyone at the clinic is caring and kind. They always remember my name and give great, personalized care.... The nursing staff at KFI are very compassionate. They are personable and answer questions.... My consultation was free. I had a hysteopscopy and D&C so I owed for that to hit my insurance deductible. I paid for bloodwork. I paid what my insurance didn’t cover for ultrasounds and HSG. I paid out of pocket for trigger shot each month and paid copay for Letrozole
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
KFI is great. Everyone at the clinic is caring and kind. They always remember my name and give great, personalized care. Angie at the front desk is always great and is discreet and kind about any billing or Lyme my needed. All the staff put the patients first
Dr Hunter treated my husband and I like humans. He is very personable, explains everything thoroughly and answers all our questions in a respectful and understanding manner.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter is patient and calmly answers all questions we have. He explains treatment options and potential risks. He is very easy to get in touch with and Is personable and supportive. He answers after hours when needed.
I would say come ready with you questions and he will be happy to answer them and to explain the process of treatment. I would suggest asking for details of bloodwork.
I came to the clinic with pcos and past treatment of clomid and Letrozole. Because I was unsure if I ever ovulated in the past (unable to be sure by home tests), it was decided we would do Letrozole with trigger shots and monitored ovulation and timed intercourse. First a hystroscopy was completed due to past hyperplasia. Then I came in monthly to get ultrasounds to check my lining and follicles before taking the trigger shot. After 5 to 6 months of negative pregnancy tests, I did a HSG test. It showed that I had both follopian tubes blocked from the center out. It was recommend that our current treatment stop and we move either to IVF or laparoscopy surgery. We plan to move to IVF soon
Have not experienced that yet
Louisville

Very friendly front desk [Kentucky Fertility Institute]. Normally greets us by our first name. We don't normally have to wait very long. Usually very descreat about everything. On the negative side. Billing is a mess! Did not receive a bill for the first 6 months I was there.... [Nurse] Usually calls back after leaving a message in about 30min-1hr. Very compassionate on the phone (normally I'm calling to tell her the test was negative).
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very friendly front desk. Normally greets us by our first name. We don't normally have to wait very long. Usually very descreat about everything. On the negative side. Billing is a mess! Did not receive a bill for the first 6 months I was there. I have amazing insurance so I figured things were taken care of. Then received a big bill on one of the days we were supposed to do an IUI, and was told they switched billing systems. Now my bill doesnt match up with my EOB . Talked to the office manager but didn't get anywhere.
She has a very good bed side manner. She makes sure you are comfortable with the whole treatment plan. She is very kind and thoughtful. She even came in on Thanksgiving to do our 2nd IUI.
She's excellent. Answering all my questions. Usually calls back after leaving a message in about 30min-1hr. Very compassionate on the phone (normally I'm calling to tell her the test was negative).
Very friendly. Answered all my questions throughly. Seems to be very knowledgeable with infertility. Doesn't push more on you than you can handle. I would like her to maybe be open to adjusing timing after a few negative cycles. We just seem to keep trying the same things.
Ask questions and make suggestions about your treatment and what you want.
We have been trying Letrizol cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound on day 10 to measure folicles. Then depending on the size of the folive we usually do the shot to induce ovulation on day 10-11. If we choose IUI that month we will do that on day 12. Otherwise its just planed intercourse. 2 days after ovulation we start progesterone suppositories. We do those for 2 weeks and then test for pregnancy. If the test is positive we would continue progesterone, if negative we stop it. We have not had a positive cycle with this treatment plan.
IUI was typically about $500. Ultrasounds- $175. Ovidrill- $107
Louisville

From the moment you walk in the office [Kentucky Fertility Institute] they great you by name. You can call or email with your question and I always get a quick response...It’s a beautiful office! Very clean and modern! The staff really treat each patient like a human and not like a number! They always available if you need anything or have questions regarding your treatment. They have hours on Saturday and Sunday as well.
Native American, Other
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr. Justice is amazing! From the moment you walk in her office they greet you by your first name. Dr Justice is so kind and caring. She really explains everything and makes sure your comfortable with the plan. Even when I am upset and frustrated the treatment is not helping. She stays and just talks and comforts me. She gives a hug every visit and tells me she loves me and we are going find something that works. I love Dr. Justice and her office so much!
From the moment you walk in the office they great you by name. You can call or email with your question and I always get a quick response
Dr Justice is the nicest most personable doctor I have ever had. I truly wish I could see Dr Justice for every medical problem I have. I trust her so much and she truly cares! She will sit and explain everything to you. She always makes sure I am ok with everything and really cares about her patients. She is an amazing doctor!
Don’t give up! I have wanted to give up so much! I know Dr Justice is going to help me become a mom and I can’t wait. She is amazing!!
We tried a couple of medicated cycles on our own with times ovulation. Then we moved to IUIs each time it didn’t work we increased our medication. Still with no success we are saving for IVF
Louisville

All staff on Kentucky Fertility Institute is welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful. Carol is always available for questions at all times of the day which is very helpful since things can arise at any moment when going through fertility treatments. She is wonderful!...Costs were typical for any infertility treatment... Kentucky Fertility Institute is very warm and welcoming with all the latest technology for your treatment. Going through this process is very uncomfortable so the fact that this office is so welcoming and warm really helps ease the nerves.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Kentucky Fertility Institute is organized and clean. I always feel comfortable there. Kentucky Fertility Institute is very warm and welcoming with all the latest technology for your treatment. Going through this process is very uncomfortable so the fact that this office is so welcoming and warm really helps ease the nerves.
Dr. Justice takes time to explain everything you are about to go through. She takes your treatment personally and follows up with you as well. I felt like she was personally invested in the outcomes and having her as my doctor has given me a feeling of comfort through it all.
Dr. Justice makes sure you understand everything you are going through and taking. She is always available to help you with questions whenever you need her. She is flexible with scheduled. Her personality is always positive and she provide much comfort knowing I have her as my doctor.
To definitely have her as your doctor because she is amazing.
Dr. Justice started me out on times intercourse and progesterone supplements. After 3 cycles of negatives we moved on to IUI with the HCG shot and progesterone supplements. After 3 negatives with that we began IVF treatment. We went on all injections to start egg retrieval process. Began taking estrogen and PIO and Crinone. I have had 2 transfers from this cycle. The first did not take so she scheduled an ERA finding I needed one more day of progesterone. The second transfer has been successful so far.
Costs were typical for any infertility treatment
Louisville

The KFI clinic is brand new, very clean, with nice furnishings and decorations. It feels welcoming and peaceful...Costs were not astronomical. Dr Justice and the KFI staff, I feel, try to make fertility treatments as affordable as possible in the current environment. They are very transparent about costs and patient with payments.. Candy [nurse] was always the staff member triaging me or returning my phone calls and discussing net steps. She was always very supportive and compassionate. If I had a question she could not answer, she would get an answer from Dr Justice and respond promptly....
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The KFI clinic is brand new, very clean, with nice furnishings and decorations. It feels welcoming and peaceful. The offer complimentary drinks (water, coffee, tea) in the waiting room. It has a private location in the office building with an almost-private entrance (shares the front door with an dental office). The building is conveniently located across the street from a large local hospital/doctor's offices and near the expressway.
On my first visit, Dr Justice spent above and beyond the required time to get to know me personally instead of just my chart. She reminded me multiple times that we were a team and my opinion was just as important in the treatment plan as hers. On subsequent visits, it was not uncommon for her to take extra time to evaluate my emotional state in addition to the objective hormonal/ultrasound findings. Additionally, both Dr Justice and her staff were always warm, receptive to questions, patient with explanations, comforting in event of negative outcomes, and overall supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candy )
From my first visit, Candy was always the staff member triaging me or returning my phone calls and discussing net steps. She was always very supportive and compassionate. If I had a question she could not answer, she would get an answer from Dr Justice and respond promptly. She even stayed late one day waiting for my return call to be sure the medications were sent to the right pharmacy for me to pick up the right day!
Dr Justice is very warm, compassionate, receptive to questions, thorough with explanations (but not too much to overwhelm you). She is concerned with supporting her patients with both the emotional size of infertility and the medical side. She is very knowledgable about infertility and each specific treatment modality/medication. She is very patient with explanations of treatment plans, writing out instructions to assuage confusion. She works very hard to be an available resource for her patients.
If you have any questions at all, ASK them! She is very open to questions, will respond honestly and kindly, and then you will leave without a doubt in your mind about the diagnosis/plan.
We were dealing with male factor infertility primarily. Having used Clomid for 3 cycles before seeing Dr Justice, we started doing timed intercourse with Letrozole for 2 cycles (increasing dose the second cycle), monitoring follicle counts via ultrasound mid cycle, triggering ovulation at designated time based upon follicle scan. When I didn't respond as predicted to the Letrozole, we then transitioned to Clomid for 3 cycles with otherwise similar protocol while my husband's sperm production was maximized. She did not rush us to adjust treatment plans to IUI/IVF while his potential was being maximized, but was open to advancing treatments as we desired.
I have no experience with this

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
I have enjoyed every aspect of this clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute]. The front desk coordinator Angie is so positive and helpful. She is always smiling and is very knowledgeable. The staff as a whole are all so friendly and welcoming, always smiling, and calling me by name as soon as I walk through the door. The facility is clean, quiet, comforting, and you can tell the equipment is state of the art.... My husband had a repeat semen analysis done and was supposed to have an extra, more in depth test ordered to be performed on his sample
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I have enjoyed every aspect of this clinic. The front desk coordinator Angie is so positive and helpful. She is always smiling and is very knowledgeable. The staff as a whole are all so friendly and welcoming, always smiling, and calling me by name as soon as I walk through the door. The facility is clean, quiet, comforting, and you can tell the equipment is state of the art. I like that Dr Hunter meets with me in his office when we need to have a lengthy conversation instead of in an exam room. The staff is great at respecting privacy. They offer free coffee and drinks in the waiting room which sometimes is the little pick-me-up that you need. I appreciate how organized they are and how everything seems to run smoothly. Overall I am very pleased with KFI.
From the moment I walked in to the office, I was greeted by name and with a smile and made to feel very welcomed. Dr. Hunter refers to both me and my husband by name (rather than just “your husband”) and always greets us with a hand shake. He remembers details such as treatment/outcomes that we have had in the past and what I do for a living. It is very refreshing to feel like the staff in general truly care about you as a person and not just you as the patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Nalley)
Stacey has welcomed me at every appointment with the exception of one. She is the one who always takes me to my room and assists Dr Hunter or is present with him during exams. She is always smiling and has such a positive attitude. She remembers little details about me such as if I do something different with my hair or asks how school is going. That makes me feel like she truly cares about me as a person. She cheers me on, comforts me, and provides tissues when I need them. I appreciate all that she does and I think she is a great partner to Dr Hunter.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
When I first met with Dr Hunter I was relieved to know that someone truly cared about what I was going through and took me seriously. He was great at spending time to understand my particular situation and what my overall goals are. He always fully explains all options and does not push me towards one or another. He explains risks and benefits of all options and allows me and my husband to make the choice on what works best for us. He is great about giving honest, direct feedback and suggestions. Some may see his directness as a negative; however, I appreciate that he does not try to sugar coat anything or give false hope. He is very knowledgeable about success rates and how each treatment is likely to respond to our particular situation. He responds very quickly to messages and will even call after hours if needed to make sure that I am not having to wait on test results any longer than I have to. So to sum up our journey so far....I was diagnosed with endometriosis by my obgyn and after 6 months of being unable to conceive, I decided to meet with Dr Hunter for a consultation. He immediately took all of my concerns into consideration. He began with lab work and a HSG. The lab work revealed some thyroid and vitamin imbalances that were easily treated as well as some genetic conditions that I was a carrier of. He thoroughly explained what each condition was, the prevalence of it, and what our odds were of passing it on to our child. He discussed this is great detail until we felt comfortable. In trying to do the HSG he discovered that I had cervical stenosis from scar tissue and he was not able to advance the catheter all the way through my cervix to perform the procedure. We then decided to proceed with a hysteroscopy to clear the scar tissue and examine the inside of my uterus. The procedure went well and we felt ready to move forward. Initially my husband also had a semen analysis done which showed poor sperm parameters across the board. It was repeated a couple months later and again it was poor. We decided to proceed with low dose Clomid and an IUI to see what would happen. When I went in for my follicle scan before the IUI we discovered that my body responded too well to the clomid (producing 6-8 mature follicles) and our IUI was cancelled for fear of multiple follicles being fertilized. He then switched me to low dose Letrozole. We had a much more controlled outcome with that, only 2 mature follicles. This time we decided to use the trigger shot Ovidrel to trigger ovulation. When we went to have the IUI done a few days later, my husbands sperm count was once again low and all parameters poor. We proceeded anyway after being cautioned by Dr Hunter that the chances of success were poor. We were unsuccessful and at that point we were referred to a reproductive urologist for my husband to be evaluated further. It was discovered that he has varicoceles and the doctor placed him on FertilAid vitamins to see if there were any improvements. About a month or two later, we decided to try to Letrozole and IUI again. Again I produced 2 mature follicles. I used ovulation test strips, ovulated on my own and when we went for our IUI we were surprised to find that his sperm count had improved significantly to 13 million. We were hopeful but unfortunately this too was unsuccessful. We decided to take a few months off from fertility treatments and are now currently working with Dr Hunter to determine what the best next step is for us as I feel as though my endometriosis has gotten worse due to spotting before starting my period and very painful ovulation. He validated my concerns and discussed multiple options for us. He explained why each once is reasonable and also the cons for each one. My husband and I are now currently discussing what we feel is best. He has been so great throughout this whole process and is very understanding of our concerns. He is very positive about our situation while maintaining realistic goals and expectations. I am so pleased by our care so far with Dr Hunter and would certinatly recommend him to anyone experiencing fertility related issues.
Keep an open mind. Dr Hunter is great about giving multiple options about treatments, testing, surgeries, etc and talking you through them step by step. There are things that I never thought would have been a part of my journey but after hearing the risks and benefits and all my options, I have learned that this process has a lot of ups and downs and a lot of surprises so be prepared to stand up for what you want, trust your doctor, but keep an open mind as well because there are things throughout this journey that you don’t consider or you need to think about it a different way and Dr Hunter is great at facilitating that.
The plan for my first treatment cycle was the lowest dose clomid to help produce more mature follicles with a trigger ovulation shot (Ovidrel) and IUI. When I went for my pre-IUI ultrasound, I had produced 6-8 mature follicles and the IUI was cancelled for fear of fertilizing multiple follicles. I was then switched to the lowest does Letrozole to try to control my ovaries’ response. I went in for a follicle scan and had produced 2 mature follicles but they were still a little small so a few days later we repeated the scan and it was determined that they were large enough to use the ovulation trigger shot and proceed with IUI a couple days later. When we went in for our IUI, my husband’s sperm parameters were very poor but we proceeded anyway although Dr Hunter cautioned us of the likely negative outcome. Unfortunately we were not successful and after seeking treatment for my husband’s low sperm count we decided to do the Letrozole and IUI again. This time at my follicle scan I had 2 mature follicles again and was told when to take my trigger shot unless I got a positive ovulation test before then which I did. So we did the IUI the next day with significantly improved sperm count and motility. We were able to use 13 million compared to the previous 1 million in our previous cycle. Unfortunately that cycle was unsuccessful as well and we are currently in the process of deciding how we want to proceed for our next cycle.
Unfortunately my insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatments or appointments and only some medications. The Clomid and Letrozole were covered by insurance costing about $10 for each. Each IUI cost about $500 excluding medications and follicle scans. The trigger shot costs roughly $140. The hysteroscopy procedure costed about $900. I believe the semen analysis costs somewhere between $100-150. Once all this was paid for I believe I owe somewhere between $1200-2000 out of pocket for visits and ultrasounds.
Louisville

The nursing staff at Kentucky fertility Institute are wonderful. They are professional, kind and courteous....This Clinic is wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble getting pregnant. The only negative that I can think of is the waitlist for new patients can sometimes be a few months.... The consultation visit was $50. Each of my IUI Cycles, including my ultrasounds, are roughly $450. The trigger shot was about $120 each time....
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr Justice makes me feel like she truly cares. She never rushes me out and always takes the time to answer all of my questions.
I am completely satisfied with the service and care that I am receiving with Doctor Justice. I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and cannot. During my consultation she laid out a plan immediately to used fertility pills called femara and IUI. Dr. Justice was extremely honest with me and let me know that the success rate for each IUI is only about 20%, and that it doesn't always work on the first try. She warned me that I may need to do this a few times to get a successful outcome. I have finished two cycles of IUI so far and unfortunately, have not gotten pregnant yet. I recently finished my third IUI procedure and am awaiting the two-week wait to find out if I am pregnant this time. Although I am not pregnant yet I'm confident that Dr Justice will do everything she can to help me in this journey of getting pregnant.
I would tell the prospective patient that doctor Justice is amazing and you will not find a better doctor out there!
I have completed two IUI cycles so far using 7.5 mg of femara and a trigger shot. Both of these cycled did not end with a pregnancy. I'm currently on my third cycle and I'm awaiting the two weeks to find out if I am pregnant this time.
Louisville

[Kentucky Fertility Institute has a] Convenient location, clean, modern, wonderful amenities like good reading materials, beverages, etc.. You are almost always greeted by name and if they were delayed you were alerted to this. They were all so friendly.... I loved Stacy! [a nurse] She is so warm and makes you feel so relaxed. She remembers things about who you are as a person which always makes you feel like a "human" and "not a number". I loved that Stacy was always with Dr. Hunter, I felt like both were a steady presence during this journey.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr. Hunter explained our options really clearly. He was very easy to reach with questions and gave honest, direct answers. He made my husband and me feel like we made the best choice in working with him.
I loved Stacy! She is so warm and makes you feel so relaxed. She remembers things about who you are as a person which always makes you feel like a "human" and "not a number". I loved that Stacy was always with Dr. Hunter, I felt like both were a steady presence during this journey.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter understood my previous negative experiences with the other clinic and he completely changed my opinion of the process. He gave me clear options. He made us feel so at ease. He greeted me with a handshake at the start of each appointment. He always closed with a meeting in his office to answer any questions. He made you feel like he was really available for discussing next steps and questions. He always returned phone calls, never leaving that up to his staff.
Don't give up. He will explain your options and you should discuss with him what could work best for your situation. Don't go in assuming what you've been told before is what is best.
We used Clomid, opposed to Letrozole b/c he felt like that would be ideal for my case. I had been on Letrozole with former clinic. I came in for follicle ultrasound and he chose to wait an extra day for my IUI in order to grow more follicles.
$500 for IUI, $125-$150 for Semen Analysis, $150 for Ulrasound
Louisville

If anything ever went wrong along the way [at Kentucky Fertility Institute], they would explain the issue and solutions to fix it, i.e. a machine is down. They do not take short cuts and do not just push you through like a number. It about you when you are there. Opportunities- Billing Staff needs to be tighter on their numbers...Sasha was not very good at keeping up patients and properly explaining what billing they were to expect. We got one number, and it the final number was higher by a few thousand dollars. Dr. Hunter is great and I would not want anyone else to help us, but he needs to make sure that he has the same high standards for his Billing person as he does for the rest of his team.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Strengths- The staff and their warm compassion and the high level of knowledge that they all have. They make you feel really good about what they are doing. If anything ever went wrong along the way, they would explain the issue and solutions to fix it, i.e. a machine is down. They do not take short cuts and do not just push you through like a number. It about you when you are there. Opportunities- Billing Staff needs to be tighter on their numbers.
Dr. Hunter was great at explaining to everything we needed to know, and he listened when we asked questions. He also had a very good staff around him that were very personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol, Cindy)
They were all friendly and extremely knowledgeable. There is no issue asking them any questions, and they were always reassuring every step of the way.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter knew his stuff very well. He was able to talk to us in a way that both my husband and I could understand. He did not spare of us of any details, as he knows the importance of his patients being fully aware of all of their choices and risks that come with each choice. I do not like to be surprised by things that may happen, and Dr. H did not let that happen.
Ask if they have made changes to the billing department. Sasha was not very good at keeping up patients and properly explaining what billing they were to expect. We got one number, and it the final number was higher by a few thousand dollars. Dr. Hunter is great and I would not want anyone else to help us, but he needs to make sure that he has the same high standards for his Billing person as he does for the rest of his team.
Louisville
Everyone in the office [Kentucky Fertility Institute] was fantastic. Super friendly, on time, and treat you like you've known them a long time. Very personable...Clinic ran on time all the time and was very clean and inviting. I never had trouble contacting anyone. Staff was cheerful and friendly. Everything, including the pre-op and procedure room were good. Overall nothing but good things to say about the clinic...
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr. Hunter was pleasant to work with. He acknowledged our concerns and answered our questions clearly and concisely.
Everyone in the office was fantastic. Super friendly, on time, and treat you like you've known them a long time. Very personable. Carol was great. My husband was not able to make it to our transfer and she declared herself "my person" and stayed with me the whole time. Everyone seemed genuinely excited as we kept getting positive hcg's. You can tell they enjoy their jobs. IVF and infertility is stressful, tiring, personal, vulnerable etc and all of the ladies helped make this a great experience.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
My experience with Dr. Hunter was overall very good. He was clearly very knowledgable and honest about the pros and cons of all options presented to us. We really appreciated that he was honest about test we could get but that he didn't feel were necessary for us. That made us feel that he wasn't just trying to make an extra buck and was really suggesting what he thought was best. He is very kind. He is not chatty, but he is definitely not harsh or blunt. Definitely not bad, just more of a reserved personality, which doesn't bother me. There were a few times that I needed to get ahold of him or someone quickly regarding meds and we able to personally email him, which was great. I have also heard that he will go out of his way after hours to make sure people get what they need. Overall I feel very confident in the care that I received and have no hesitation going back for subsequent transfers or treatments in the future.
I think I was a pretty standard IVF egg retrieval followed by FET. At our first appointment Dr. Hunter advised us to go straight to IVF because with unexplained infertility IUI would only boost our chances or conception about 2%. He also advised that, although we are welcome to do PGS testing, he did not think it was necessary for us due to our age and history. My husband and I did do genetic panels ourselves to make sure we were carriers for things. We appreciated Dr. Hunter's honesty that saved us several thousand dollars. I had baseline labs and U/S, followed by stim meds (gonal and menopur). Several more U/S and labs over the next few weeks, and then finally a trigger shot (caberzoline) and egg retrieval. I didn't need med adjustments as I seemed to react fine to everything. I think I was at fairly low/standard doses. At egg retrieval 1 had 32 eggs, 28 mature. I didn't want a slew of excess embryos (we only plan on 2-3 kids for our family) so Dr. Hunter advised fertilizing 20 and freezing 8 eggs. I was nervous to fertilize that many but it turns out to have been the perfect number because we only ended up with 3 decent quality embryos to freeze. After that I waited to start a cycle, then went back on OCP for a bit, then started PIO, estradiol, and crinone (progesterone) in preparation for transfer. For the transfer, we were told that none of our embryos were great quality. Dr. Hunter gave us the option of transferring two, with the hopes of one taking. He did say the plenty of women get pregnant with 1 imperfect quality embryo, so he was just giving us the choice but didn't feel strongly either way. If we had a perfect quality embryo that would not have been offered to us, as it is not as safe to carry multiples. We decided to transfer 1 just the same. Turns out, after our embryo thawed some fragmentation moved out of the way and revealed a perfect little embryo, so I am glad we decided to transfer one. After transfer I had the dreaded TWW, which was more like 1.5 week wait. Then beta hcg, which was positive, followed by a second at 6 weeks and US (we heard the heartbeat!) I continued to see them every 2 weeks for U/S and continued PIO, estradiol, ASA, and crinone until 10 weeks. We were released to an OB at 8 weeks.
Dr. Hunter's preference from the beginning for our first transfer and no history of miscarriage was one embryo. He only mentioned the option of transferring two after learning that our embryos are not perfect quality. Even then he did not push a multiple transfer at all, stating that plenty of women get pregnant with one imperfect embryo, but he just wanted to present us the option.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute] is very well organized, the furniture it comfortable. They have a fridge up front full of drinks and a Keurig for coffee. I rarely have to wait very long in the waiting room. This place is basically a one stop shop. They do most of their procedures there in the office (including HSG, IUI, D&C) which is helpful because you really get to know and trust the staff and it's more personal. Also you don't have to worry about paying those big hospital prices just to use their facility because they have all of their own equipment. There are honestly too many strengths to name them all. The only weakness of this clinic is that they are so busy they never answer the phone during the day. You have to leave a message and wait for then to call you back. On a positive side, I have never waited longer than an hour or so for a call back.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very well organized, the furniture it comfortable. They have a fridge up front full of drinks and a Keurig for coffee. I rarely have to wait very long in the waiting room. This place is basically a one stop shop. They do most of their procedures there in the office (including HSG, IUI, D&C) which is helpful because you really get to know and trust the staff and it's more personal. Also you don't have to worry about paying those big hospital prices just to use their facility because they have all of their own equipment. There are honestly too many strengths to name them all. The only weakness of this clinic is that they are so busy they never answer the phone during the day. You have to leave a message and wait for then to call you back. On a positive side, I have never waited longer than an hour or so for a call back.
No matter how busy this office was, if I had a concern somebody would always call me back that day and answers my questions. I am currently having a miscarriage and they have taken care of me, even calling me at night to check in on how I am feeling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candi (nurse) Tara (nurse practitioner) Kathy (lab tech))
Everyone is very informative and helpful. I am a huge baby as it pertains to pain and I am also very emotional with all of the hormones and disappointment of not having been able to carry a baby to term yet. They are so caring. I couldn't ask for a better team.
Dr. Justice is very informative, but in a sensitive way. We went to her for a second opinion after i had a horrible miscarriage. My previous doctor was giving up hope on us and was ready to say that we just needed to do IVF. We went to Dr. Justice to see if that was the case and she was so positive that it really helped me get passed the previous miscarriage and begin to hope again. While we didn't get pregnant on our first try, we did get pregnant on our second. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, but we haven't given up hope and that is all due to the positivity of dr. Justice. Without her, I would have given up by now.
Unfortunately, she is leaving KFI soon and won't be practicing for a year due to a none compete clause. Once she comes back, find out where she is and go to her! You won't regret it.
I have PCOS and I am also overweight. I have a thyroid concern as well. Dr. Justice had me do 3-5 days of letrizole and then 3-4 days of Gonale (fsh injections). After that I did a trigger shot and then an IUI. Before my first cycle with her she had me complete an HSG. She was able to see that my right tube was blocked. I had a previous surgery to try to unblock that tube. She didn't think the surgery would be a success a second time so we didn't waste time on it. I have only been with her for two cycles. The first was unsuccessful, but the second one was a success. While this one ended in a miscarriage, the positive part is that we are able to get pregnant. She is now running a bunch of blood tests to attempt to figure out why I lost this lost recent one and what we might need to do moving forward to attempt to keep the pregnancy.
Like with any fertility process in KY, hardly any if it is covered by insurance so we pay out of pocket for a lot of things. They do their best to see you money where they can. The biggest cost saver is the fact that they have their own facility and can do most procedures in house.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Carol [nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute-Louisville] started out sympathetic and took her time when I had questions during egg stimulation treatment. Carol did not seem to have a full understanding of the amount of medications I had for egg retrieval, which put me in a tough situation when I had to order additional medicine at the last minute during stimulation. She was also difficult to get ahold of toward the end of stimulation...I did not have much choice on the time my monitoring appointments were scheduled. Some were quick, and some took much longer. There did not seem to be an excessive amount of patients waiting at any given time I was in the clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is new and has a great set up. What they don't tell you is that while the doctor may be covered by your insurance, they use their own facility which may not (and in my case was not) covered under insurance. The payment process was not clear, and many "surprise" costs showed up once the egg retrieval was complete.
Dr. Hunter was very specific to the unique needs of my fertility issues and took into account my personal preferences.
Carol started out sympathetic and took her time when I had questions during egg stimulation treatment. Carol did not seem to have a full understanding of the amount of medications I had for egg retrieval, which put me in a tough situation when I had to order additional medicine at the last minute during stimulation. She was also difficult to get ahold of toward the end of stimulation.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter was very thorough in explaining my particular situation and what options were available for me. He made sure I understood the background of the infertility that I had experienced and what to expect during the treatment course. I completed a full tube removal performed by Dr. Hunter due to bilateral hydrosalpinx. Dr. Hunter was always available if I ever had questions or concerns.
Provide a full medical history to Dr. Hunter, and be sure to ask any questions you may have.
First, I had a laparotomy to remove my fallopian tubes, which were filled with fluid and would cause normal fertilization or IVF to be unsuccessful. After tube removal, I completed a course of stimulation medications to prepare for egg retrieval. I used a combination of the following medications: Menopur, Gonal F, Leuprolide and Ovidrel, with higher doses for my egg stimulation as I had a low ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Medications were approximately $10,000, additional fees including monitoring, egg retrieval, labs, anesthesia, etc. totaled around $3,000-$5,000

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Tiffany and her team went above and beyond to make our cycle and stay at KFI as care-free and simple to us as possible.... I have no weaknesses to admit. It’s a one stop shop from consultation, sperm analysis, retrieval, lab, and transfer. Convenience was very important for my husband and I. Location is ideal not a lot of traffic around this clinic. It’s a clean, modern office with friendly front-office personnel to greet you each morning. The hours are flexible and the receptionist is usually very quick to return phone calls.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
From start to finish all of our questions were answered in a timely manner. My husband and I never felt like a burden. Dr. Tiffany and her team went above and beyond to make our cycle and stay at KFI as care-free and simple to us as possible.
I absolutely loved the nurse(s) at KFI. Carol in particular was there for me day or night, week night or weekend. She knows her stuff and I only hope she is there when we go back. She is organized and seems to keep things running smoothly around the office. I never felt I was a burden to her with the countless emails and phone calls.
As soon as our first consultation with Tiffany was over I felt so much confidence in her, relief in a sense, in our situation. She was very positive from the jump. My husband had to have micro TESE she explained all options should it go well or should it produce no sperm. I do remember thinking at one point, is she too optimistic? Should we not be as confident as she isn’t making us feel? Low and behold we are 12 weeks pregnant and just graduated from our fertility clinic. We will without hesitation start seeing Tiffany for our second transfer when ready!
Go for it, I have no regrets or hesitation in referring to her. I know not everyone will be as fortunate as we were but, she and her team are there every step of the way good and bad.
Our treatment overall was average I would think? After my husband’s TESE and frozen sperm, I had a baseline scan. There Dr. Justice found a mass on my right ovary she then explained we would have to wait on results from an MRI, I had already started on birth control prescribed by her as well as low-dose levothroxine. My thyroid was a little hyper for the ideal conception-pregnancy standards, fine otherwise she explained. After the MRI was cleared we were straight sailing. Started on Gonal-F, cetrotide, trigger shot, egg retrieval. About a week, if I recall correctly, prior to transfer I started low-dose aspirin, estrogen 3x a day, progesterone in oil injections 1x a day, Crinone 2x a day and continued until 10 weeks of pregnancy.
We applied for CapexMD. Their package was $13,500 which does not include medicine, anesthesia and frozen embryo storage after the first year. The medicine anesthesia together were roughly an additional $7000. Then my husband TESE surgery was through an urologist who works with kentucky’s Fertility Institute
Dr. Justice thoroughly explained to us the possible results of transferring multiple embryo’s. She explained we had the option to up her choice by 1 embryo but she felt very confident in only transferring 1 the first time. Her expertise did not disappoint.

Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Great/ knowledgeable physicians, understaffed or disorganized staff [Kentucky Fertility Institute]... She [Dr. Justice] is always providing us stats and facts and is straight with us on how to proceed. Her assistants/ co-workers/ facility (some nurses, financial coordinator) are a bit different, I feel sometimes as just a number.... IUI - $500/ each+ meds + donor sperm IVF #1- $12500 + $4250 embryo genetic testing- (outside vendor) + meds, + donor sperm, anesthesia $525 (outside vendor) (Each transfer after 1 cost $4,000 (one more was needed) IVF# 2 - $13,500 (we had $5000 financial assistance) so cost us $8500, plus meds, plus donor sperm, anesthesia $625
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Great/ knowledgeable physicians, understaffed or disorganized staff (EXCEPT for front desk coordinator Angie, I really don't know how she manages to keep up with everything when everyone else seems a bit disorganized/ overwhelmed and in house LabCorp employee, Cathy - she is another that is amazing and extremely helpful in other areas).
Dr. Justice has been with us through out this entire process. She has cried, been frustrated, and has never strung us along with incorrect data or her assumptions. She is always providing us stats and facts and is straight with us on how to proceed. Her assistants/ co-workers/ facility (some nurses, financial coordinator) are a bit different, I feel sometimes as just a number.
Carol Powers- IVF coordinator - she is sweet, extremely responsive (on off days via phone) HOWEVER, somewhat disorganized and has forgot to order important meds, called for wrong amounts of meds, and sometimes seems annoyed (I don't believe she is, more so overwhelmed) Stacey Nalley- no longer there, was my go to for EVERYTHING. She was amazing and extremely compassionate. Sasha Bjork- do not enjoy speaking with her, has little bedside manner, and is slow in getting things done or responding to emails/ phone calls
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Justice is an amazing physician. She is incredibly knowledgeable in her field and is always listing facts/data/statistics. I truly believe she has our best interest at heart. She is however, extremely busy and allows her IVF coordinator to order meds/ make decisions, which I don't always agree with. In my experience with Dr. Justice, she is one to go with the odds and treat a patient as protocol calls for, however, in my case things happened that typically wouldn't (I.E: later receptivity window - 7.5 days, miscarriage after genetic testing) - I wish she had prepped us and allowed us to decide if we wanted to test for things before we started (I.E.- receptivity window, miscarriage blood panel testing). We may have proceeded with treatment prior to this testing but would have liked to have been advised of what could be done so we could weigh the pros and cons.
Do research, ask lots of questions. Ask whether your physician is one who treats the visible problem (2 failed IVF's so now test for receptivity window) or allows you to discuss what could happen (most women have receptive window of day 6, but some may differ up to day 8), whether you wish to test for it (weigh options/discuss with doctor), then treat per your discussion. Keep track of your meds, what insurance covers, and who to contact in certain situations.
IUI 1- (8/20/16) / Letrozole 5mg, CD 3-7, OPK IUI 2- (9/14/16) / Letrozole 5 mg, CD 3-7, OPK, prometrium IUI 3- (10/25/16) / Letrozole 5 mg, CD 3-7, Ovidrel Trigger IUI 4- (12/15/16) / Letrozole 7.5 mg, CD 3-7, Ovidrel Trigger, prometrium IUI 5- (1/25/17) / Letrozole 7.5 mg, CD 3-7, Ovidrel Trigger, prometrium IVF 1- (3/6/17) / Days 1-6 estradiol 2mg/ 3 daily; STIM - Day 1-4: Gonal-F (300 units/daily) Menopur (75 units); Day 5-6 Gonal-F (375 units/daily) Menopur (75 units)/ Cetrotide (0.25 mg) / day 7-8 Menopur (75 units)/ Cetrotide (0.25 mg) / Trigger shot day 9; retreival day 11, doxycycline starting day of trigger shot/ 100 mg twice daily for 5 days IVF #1/Transfer #1 - (4/10)17) - Estrace (2 mg/ 3 daily), Aspirin (baby), Progesterone in oil (5 days -evening between hrs 6-9), crinone twice daily (morning/ night) IVF #1/ Transfer #2 (6/16/17) - same protocol as prior FET IVF #2 - Days 1-6 estradiol 2mg/ 3 daily STIM: Day 1: Gonal F (225 units in evening), Menopur (75 units in evening) / day 2-5: Gonal F (225 units in evening & morning), Menopur (75 units in evening) / Day 6-11: Gonal F (225 units in evening & morning), Menopur (75 units in evening), Cetrotide (syringe in evening), trigger shot day 9, retrieval day 11 - doxycycline starting day of trigger shot/ 100 mg twice daily for 5 days IVF#2 transfer (1 embryo) - Estrace (2 mg/ 3 daily), Aspirin (baby), Progesterone in oil (morning @ 9 AM sharp) for 7.5 (based on hours), crinone twice daily (morning/ night)
Dr. Justice has made it very clear that she will allow us to transfer 1 more than the recommended amount she suggests. She's always suggested 1.
Louisville
Honestly I know this may be cliche but I have nothing bad to say about this office [Kentucky Fertility Institute]. It's clean, professional and comfortable. There are always beverages if your thirsty or nauseas and the staff is amazing.... All of the nurses at the office are professional and make you feel as comfortable as possible. They know you by name as soon as you walk in and are not afraid to hug you or treat you just like family.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Honestly I know this may be cliche but I have nothing bad to say about this office. It's clean, professional and comfortable. There are always beverages if your thirsty or nauseas and the staff is amazing.
Dr Justice is an amazing doctor. She Really cares about her patients and is compassionate. I appreciate that she did not want to keep collecting my money for something that was not going to work.
From the first day I walked in to KFI was treated like family. The time I spent with Dr. Justice she never once rushed me with questions. It was like sitting in a room with your best friend and just talking and giving advice. When my treatments did not work she didn't make me feel like I was hopeless and there was nothing more. She gave more options and acted like she was hurting just as much as I was when we didn't have answers. I was more scared of an IVF cycle not working to even try. But she gave me some hope to try.
Compassionate. She is very compassionate in one of the hardest times in your life and truly cares for her patients.
My first appointment with Dr Justice was a consultation since I had 5 IUI cycles at s different office. She believed my IUI was a timing issue. The previous office I was in did not do treatments on the weekends. You almost felt like you were just another number there and not another person. So we started with femara and IUI but before my IUI she also ran a couple more test the previous office didn't do. We found a uterine polyp from those test and then moved on to IUI. First IUI beautiful follicle. Nice sperm count. IUI done and nothing. Same thing for the second but then we moved on to injectables. Several follicles and that were beautiful and still no positive. At this point we talked again and after that many IUI she believes there is some sort of issue with sperm not penetrating the egg and we met about IVF. We talked for a very long time and she explained everything to me thoroughly and never mentioned cost. That made me feel like she was not just worried about the money.
Not totally sure of cost l. IUI was about $300. My U/s was covered by insurance but I had to pay for meds
We have not started that process yet. My husband and I are still trying to figure out how we are going to pay for IVF
Louisville

When you call to talk to someone on the phone [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] it’s hard to get an answer. But when you are at the office they are very nice!...All in all [the nurses are] nice, but when I called one time to tell them that my pregnancy test negative and wanted to go the IVF process. I started to ask questions and I was not impressed by how the nurse handle them. It made me a little upset.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are good at giving you the results, but you don’t get them explained until you’re in the office with the doctor. I google the results and get most of the answers but I would prefer to get it from the staff. They are very nice though.
When you call to talk to someone on the phone it’s hard to get an answer. But when you are at the office they are very nice!
All in all nice, but when I called one time to tell them that my pregnancy test negative and wanted to go the IVF process. I started to ask questions and I was not impressed by how the nurse handle them. It made me a little upset.
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
She is nice and sweet. Very knowledgeable. From one cycle to the next though she would want to leave things the same that didn’t work the cycle before. I’m currently getting ready to start IVF. I’m excited yet scared that it might not work. In Dr Justice’s office I would have to pay for each IVF and if it doesn’t work you don’t get any money back. She gave me and 80% chance with IVF.
Write down all the questions that you think of, she will answer all your questions.
Well my lining would not get to where it needed to be before the IUI’s so we tried viagra vaginally and it helped. Now that I’m getting ready to start the IVF process, she is not getting me to take the viagra and I am confused.
The IUI’s was about 300 dollars a piece. I’m not sure how much I have spend on all the meds. The ultrasounds are 50 a piece. The blood draw varies. My initial blood test was around 100 but after that they are around 30. The IVF process the meds are around $1,000 and my insurance gave me $5,000 for the actual IVF so I owed $5,000. I filled out online to freeze my embryos but not sure how much that will be.
Not to that process yet

IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The lab is a little rough with blood draws and I am not typically one to complain and I can tolerate some pain. Another weakness is their [KFI] ability and understanding regarding insurance. They gave me several different quotes my EOB showed up as paid for services. So I am a little taken back by their billing dept. and their understanding of insurance policy’s. ... I have been out $700 for the endometrial biopsy. $200 for ultrasounds and exams. $280 for medications. This was all for a mock cycle...Very nice clinic, clean with a relaxing environment.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very nice clinic, clean with a relaxing environment. It’s a stressful time, but I feel relaxed when I am there. Everyone is friendly and has a caring demeanor. The lab is a little rough with blood draws and I am not typically one to complain and I can tolerate some pain. Another weakness is their ability and understanding regarding insurance. They gave me several different quotes my EOB showed up as paid for services. So I am a little taken back by their billing dept. and their understanding of insurance policy’s.
I love that Dr. Justice took the time to listen to me, explain my circumstances and was very thorough with my examination, reading over my medical fertility treatment and then coming up with a solid plan. She is very educated and understands my body.
Carol answers all questions and if she doesn’t know the answer she consults with Dr. Justice. Carol has been very patient and understanding. She explains my treatment plan in detail. She was great at helping me get our insurance to cover one medication!
Dr. Justice took time to understand and listen to my concerns. She read over my medical history and records, explaining everything in a different light, making sure that I understood my condition. She discussed a solid treatment plan. My mock cycle showed results that I never thought would be possible. Dr. Justice is knowledgeable and understands how my body adapts to medications.
Do not ever hesitate to call her or the doctor on call. Even if it’s something simple like forgetting birth control when on vacation. She wants the best outcome for her patients, even if it’s on a weekend!
She explained in detail my condition. She discussed what she felt would be the best outcome for me. We did a mock cycle with estrogen and progesterone oil shots and crinone cream. My usterus was thicker than it had been in the past. They did an endometrium biopsy to know the exact time for implantation of my last donor egg. She was able to clearly communicate the steps that must be taken, down to the hours and days, exactly. I am excited and know this is going to work!
Well I am just getting started with treatment. I have been out $700 for the endometrial biopsy. $200 for ultrasounds and exams. $280 for medications. This was all for a mock cycle.
Louisville

Very organized and responsive. All calls returned within a timely manner. Great with being flexible with my schedule for appointments. Very organized and professional with all financial matters. Convenient to be able to have labs drawn at the clinic [Kentucky Fertility Institute].... Great with communicating plans and very fast response time with any questions I had. Sweet and truly cared about the success of my treatment.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very organized and responsive. All calls returned within a timely manner. Great with being flexible with my schedule for appointments. Very organized and professional with all financial matters. Convenient to be able to have labs drawn at the clinic.
Dr. Justice sat and talked with me about all aspects of my care at every visit. She gave me hugs when things got emotional, and consoled me when things were not going well.
She was excellent with coordinating all aspects of our care. Great with communicating plans and very fast response time with any questions I had. Sweet and truly cared about the success of my treatment.
Dr. Justice was excellent from the start with being prepared for our first visit with a detailed review of my previous treatments with another physician. She thought “outside the box” and gave alternative options for medication than I had previously used. She continued to work with us with adjustments in treatment for several months before we were finally able to attempt implantation. She recommended another exploratory procedure after several months of limited success in growing my uterine lining during which excessive scar tissue was identified from a previous procedure with another physician. She was very thorough with evaluation of our situation and took the time to determine an appropriate course of care since we only had 1 embryo to implant. In the end it was success and we now have a beautiful, perfect baby boy!
Be patient and willing to try whatever treatment is recommended.
Dr. Justice recommended use of estrogen patches as opposed to oral pills when resulted in improved growth of my uterine lining. After a few months of limited success, she recommended a hysteroscopy to further evaluate the state of my uterine cavity, during which excessive scar tissue was found and removed. Dr. Justice was then careful with taking one month to ensure that the scar tissue had not returned with an US procedure and to look at my natural cycle to determine my lining growth with no intervention prior to attempting implantation. Implantation was a success!
$4200 to the clinic for all services up through implantation since retrieval had already be completed. $2000-$3000 to pharmacy in medications. Other insurance determined costs for hysteroscopy and other procedures.
None. We only had one embryo to implant.
Louisville

They [Kentucky Fertility Institute] were all so helpful and open to any questions I had. They always made time for me and were always smiling and optimistic. They were also very knowledgeable and efficient....I would say the clincis biggest strengths would be compassion and communication. To be a fairly new clinic they are very organized, well managed and well equipped....The IUI itself was $1,000. My labs were $250. My husbands were $110. My ultrasound was $90.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I would say the clincis biggest strengths would be compassion and communication. To be a fairly new clinic they are very organized, well managed and well equipped. They met all of my and my husbands needs and expectations so I cannot pin point any weaknesses at this time.
In the past by other fertility specialists I have been treated like a number so my guard was already up. Dr. Hunter was kind and gentle. He was patient. And he actually listened to me when I spoke. He didn’t overwhelm me. He didn’t bombard me with information that I didn’t understand. He wasn’t rushed and took the time to get to know my husband and I.
They were all so helpful and open to any questions I had. They always made time for me and were always smiling and optimistic. They were also very knowledgeable and efficient.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter is a very intelligent and highly educated man. You can clearly see all of his accomplishments by just looking at his wall of degrees, diplomas and awards in his office. It is almost intimidating to be in the presence of someone who has achieved so much. You are already feeling nervous and anxious and maybe even a little sad and disheartened that you even have to be there because how things have unfolded is so unbelievably different than what you had planned. You also might be afraid that you will say something wrong or make yourself look stupid infront of someone who could have the answers that could potinetally end your years of suffering and hold the solution to your broken heart. He was reassuring, calm and relatable. He gave me options. He didn’t order me around. He tailored our treatment around our needs and our schedule. He and his staff were so accommodating which meant so much to us as we live 3 hours from the clinic and travel and time off work were difficult barriers to work with. He and his staff made theirselves available to us for any questions or concernes that we had. Communication, feeling included and involved is very important to me. Dr. Hunter made sure those needs were his top priority.
I would tell a prospective patient to not let fear hold them back. To go ahead and make the first step or don’t let previous experiences hold you back from seeking out Dr. Hunter and his expertise. You can feel the passion they have for their field and their commitment to their patients.
Doctor Hunter did very in-depth labs and testing on my husband and I. He made sure we were healthy and our levels were normal to better increase our chances of success. He also gave us advise on vitamins and supplements that would benefit us best and he also got back with me immediately when a couple of my labs were abnormal. He also helped me find ways to improve them before the cycle. He also did a ultrasound to measure my follicles and uterine lining to make sure I was ready for the cycle and to determine exactly when I needed to administer my injection.
The IUI itself was $1,000. My labs were $250. My husbands were $110. My ultrasound was $90. My clomid was $10. My shot was $75 with the discount card.
This does not apply to us.

PCOS, Other
They [Kentucky Fertility Institute] are always on time for appointments, I never had to wait more than 15 mins from my scheduled appointment time. Very easy to work with. Every staff member is helpful and friendly. The billing department messed up our bills several times though, that’s the only part I don’t like about this clinic.... Carol [a nurse] is always very helpful and professional. She is also very personable. She held my hand in procedures which made me feel secure and at ease. She is also very knowledgeable and get back to me quickly with answers to my questions
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They are always on time for appointments, I never had to wait more than 15 mins from my scheduled appointment time. Very easy to work with. Every staff member is helpful and friendly. The billing department messed up our bills several times though, that’s the only part I don’t like about this clinic.
Dr Hunter made me feel important not just another patient. He spent his time to answer all our questions and provide advices. He is a very dedicated to patient care.
Carol is always very helpful and professional. She is also very personable. She held my hand in procedures which made me feel secure and at ease. She is also very knowledgeable and get back to me quickly with answers to my questions
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
It’s easy to reach Dr Hunter for questions and concerns and he is very patient addressing them. He performs all the ultrasound and IUI procedures by himself which I know nurse does in other clinics. The fact he is always willing to spend his time make me feel very comfortable that I can trust him. He is very professional and will not push for procedures that are not necessary. He explains everything in details to me and my husband. I remember him right by my bed side after I woke up from egg retrieval to check on me. He makes responsible medical advice to only transfer one embryo even though it might not be what I want to hear but he knows that’s the right advice in our situation.
Ask as many questions as you can, Dr Hunter is great at addressing them. Be patient with your treatment plan.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by Dr Hunter. Also I have PCOS, we started with Letrozole for 6 cycles and did 5 IUI with no pregnancy. So we moved on to IVF, I was on gonal F 150 units due to PCOS and was given Lupron Trigger to prevent OHSS. I produced 20 eggs and retrieved 17 of them. 14 were matured, 11 fertilized. On day 5, we froze 5 embryos. Then we did a frozen transfer cycle and became pregnant and just recently delivered my baby girl.
IUI price was very reasonable, about 250-300 dollars. IVF cycle is 13500 without medication.
He strongly recommended one embryo transfer even though I wanted to transfer two. Ultimately it was my choice. Given my age and quality of the embryo I knew his advice is right and we followed it at the end.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [KY Fert Institute] is very clean (it's a very new facility) and well kept. The waiting room has a TV and refreshments for those waiting. Sometimes the wait was a bit long. This is probably in part because the doctors like to fully explain all of their patient's questions ..The IVF Coordinator Carol Powers is phenomenal. She made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She truly is a huge part of the reason why I made it through the IVF process. Stacie and Candie are two other nurses who helped me a lot.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean (it's a very new facility) and well kept. The waiting room has a TV and refreshments for those waiting. Sometimes the wait was a bit long. This is probably in part because the doctors like to fully explain all of their patient's questions which can then cause them to be a bit behind on other appointments. But it was not uncommon for them to be running behind.
Dr. Hunter took my calls/emails at all hours of the day. He said to email or call him at any time and he meant it. I was under his care for one year and dealt with the removal of an ovarian cyst, a failed IUI, and also a successful round of IVF. Through the months of "let's wait and see" while the ovarian cyst was being dealt with, it was difficult to just sit back and wait, but I trusted that Dr. Hunter knew the best steps to take. After waiting several months for the cyst to go away on its own, we decided together that it was best to surgically remove it. That process was very difficult and the surgery was much harder than I was anticipating. When I was finally able to try IUI, it was a big let down when it did not work. The success rates for IUI are low and the statistics show that. Dr. Hunter was very focused on the science of how/why/when I could get pregnant, and at times it was difficult to not have him be more emotional, however, looking back I understand why. The next step was IVF. He and his team were phenomenal, always there to listen to me and answer my questions. But again, he didn't let me lose site of the statistics and the probability of me actually getting pregnant. It's a difficult balancing act between being practical and giving someone hope, but he managed to show me all angles of the equation. At this point, I had been under his care for nine months, so I knew him and his team well and was comfortable with them, but even if I had just met them, I am confident I would have trusted in them just the same. IVF is a very raw, emotional, tiring experience, and without Dr. Hunter and his team I'm not sure I could have made it through. Whether it was the IVF nurse, the lab director, the other nurses on his team, or the wonderful lady who handled blood draws, everyone made me feel like a person, not just another patient. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins, and on my last visit I was in tears to leave these great people. A bittersweet ending! Very happy to be pregnant but sad to be leaving a team of people I had shared such an emotional journey with. I highly recommend Dr. Hunter and his team at the Kentucky Fertility Institute. They are wonderful.
The IVF Coordinator Carol Powers is phenomenal. She made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She truly is a huge part of the reason why I made it through the IVF process. Stacie and Candie are two other nurses who helped me a lot. Stacie saw me through many ultrasounds that were a disappointment to me when I was waiting for the ovarian cyst to go away.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Strengths: Very thorough and spends time discussing patient's questions Makes himself available at all hours and responds quickly Incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter Trustworthy Weaknesses: Can lack emotional connection to patient or empathy
It's probably like this with most fertility clinics, but be prepared to come into the office often for many visits. Have patience, as the process of trying to get pregnant is not a quick one. Dr. Hunter does not like to rush things, so you will need to trust in him and his timeline. If you are looking for someone who is emotional and will show you empathy, he is not the right doctor for you. But if you're looking for someone who is incredibly skilled, detail oriented, focused and trustworthy, he's your guy.
While doing IUI, I basically just took an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation and that was that. I did not have a successful round of IUI. IVF was much more complex and I did become pregnant with twins. I am currently pregnant, so have not yet given birth. IVF to prepare for the retrieval for about 2.5 weeks: Lupron 5 units Follistim 225 units twice a day Menopur 150 IU Lovenox 40 mg (blood thinner for other medical issue I have) Doxycycilne - for 5 days After the egg transfer taken for 6 weeks: Crinone gel 8% daily Progesterone oil injection daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken vaginally twice daily Estradiol tab 2mg taken orally twice daily Doxycycline for 10 days Lovenox injection (blood thinner for other health issue)
I believe we paid $250 for the Hysterosalingogram (HSG) that was needed at the very start of my time at the clinic to determine if my tubes were blocked. There was one other $250 charge at the beginning, but I'm forgetting entirely what it was for. Thankfully my husband and I have very good insurance, so a lot of the medications were fully covered or had a small co-pay. We did have a $4,350 out of pocket cost for IVF. We also had a $525 cost for the anesthesia for the egg retrieval. Blood draws each time were also $70 each time, which my insurance covered. The Ovidrel shot is $99 each time, too, and I had two of those.
Dr. Hunter was comfortable transferring two embryos but no more. He did say that since I have a blood clotting disorder, it would be more strain on my body if I were to get pregnant with multiples and he provided me the risks in advance. However, he didn't say it was out of the question to have twins and was in support of what I preferred.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [Kentucky Fertility Institute] don't force patients to be on certain schedules for IVF or IUI. They base schedules on each individual person. Even if this means the doctors and staff come in on weekends, that's what they do if best for the patient. You are treated like a person, not a number. Always greeted by name upon arriving for appointments. Office is very nice and clean. You won't find a friendlier team...Did everything she could to make me comfortable during my treatments. Very responsive to questions and prompt with answers even when questions were emailed after hours. She was always very personable and friendly.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
They don't force patients to be on certain schedules for IVF or IUI. They base schedules on each individual person. Even if this means the doctors and staff come in on weekends, that's what they do if best for the patient. You are treated like a person, not a number. Always greeted by name upon arriving for appointments. Office is very nice and clean. You won't find a friendlier team.
Saw her every appointment and took time to sit down and see if there were any questions each time. Fully explained everything. Never felt rushed. Was extremely compassionate and felt as though she was truly invested in the outcome and my family.
Dr. Justice has the best bedside manner and shows the most compassion of any physician of I have seen. She makes you feel as though you are the only appointment of the day, not ever rushing you or failing to make sure you fully understand what is going on. She offers her opinion but also listens to the patient's preferences and concerns. She is very respectful, kind, caring, patient, and invested in obtaining the most favorable outcome possible for the patient and their family. She is always available to answer questions, and goes out of her way to be accommodating.
Don't bother looking anywhere else. You will not find any better or more caring physician than Dr.Justice. She's amazing.
3 IUI with oral medication. 3 IUI that included injetible medication. 1 Ivf cycle using ICIS and then doing a freeze-all and later frozen embryo transfer - positive singleton pregnancy! Despite having perfect labs, tests, and responses to medications during IUI, poor egg quality was discovered during IVF. Yet, Dr. Justice still got me to a healthy pregnancy from that IVF cycle :)
Dr. Justice is great about explaining her opinion but also listening to patent concerns and preferences, trying to ultimately do what is best for the patient and their family.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The staff [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] is very welcoming and encouraging to their patients. They are very prompt to find answers to questions I have. The only thing that I would suggest would be to Possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and then possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and inject them. That was the only part of the process that I was very nervous about in the beginning, and felt I could have used a little more explanation. But otherwise they are a great, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable staff.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The staff is very welcoming and encouraging to their patients. They are very prompt to find answers to questions I have. The only thing that I would suggest would be to Possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and then possibly have a more thorough explanation about all the medications, how to mix them, and inject them. That was the only part of the process that I was very nervous about in the beginning, and felt I could have used a little more explanation. But otherwise they are a great, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable staff.
Dr. Hunter always knew exactly where we were in our cycle at every appointment and what we had planned to do next. He was very easy to communicate with. And he was very empathetic to our emotional journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kathy, Carol, Angie )
I love the entire staff! Everyone of them always said hello to me by name and they really start to become your little family during the process. It's just how an infertility clinic should be! Infertility is a difficult thing to go through, but they made it as comfortable as possible for me !
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter was very proactive in our treatment and was very knowledgeable. He is a very through doctor and he always answered any questions we had. He never rushed us or made us feel silly for asking any questions.
Ask any questions you have! He is very knowledgeable and through. He is very compassionate to his clients.
Before starting out IVF cycle he recommended we have pre-genetic testing done. This slightly changed our course once we received unforeseen results. In which case we were very pleased that he recommend that we do the testing. We set up PGD testing to be preformed on the embryos after retrieval. We did IVF, we got 30 eggs retrieved. 12 fertilized and 2 made it to freeze. Unfortunately both came back with negative transferable results through the 3rd party testing. We are planning on trying the IVF process again with another egg retrieval in the future.
My insurance was initially taken at our first appointments. The co-pays weren't bad due to our insurance. They would put a credit card on file for us for any labs that were done in case there was a balance. And their IVF cycles are mainly all-inclusive so you pay one set amount at the beginning and there are no additional charges to write your cycle, which is nice and makes things a little less stressful.
Because I have had several miscarriage, Dr. Hunter suggested that we only transfer embryo when the time comes. He did not want to complicate a possible pregnancy by transferring more than one embryo. This was to avoid another miscarriage outcome.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Justice is one of a kind doctor. She 's awesome. She is the only doctor who returned my call when i have questions for her even at night. My husband and I were so comfortable with her. She is very compassionate, dedicated and always make sure that I get the best care. I never felt so scared when i had my surgeries with her because I know she will take care of me and always making sure that i will be okay. No words can describe how greatful we (me and my husband) are to be her patients.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Its the only clinic i have seen that you can get whatever drinks you want 😀, clean restroom and beautiful clinic
Dr Justice treats you so well like a family to her. She is so compassionate and dedicated and treats me and my husband good. I never felt that I was just a patient to her. She treated me with care
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy )
She's the sweetest and always gives me a warm welcome and always return my call right away and never had any problem of not returning my call
just relax she will take care of you
I had some health issues that she treated me. I had a irregular period. I had to take birth control pills. When i first took clomid and it didnt work the first time she did an dye xray (hsg) i think to make sure my tube doesn't have a blockage and it showed that something in there and another X-ray (SIS)to confirm it. I had a hysteroscopy last August and when the result came out i had another one last December because of the aplasia. In between i have been taking agestin i think. My period is now every month. Before she gave me treatment usually i wont have it for 6 months or more.
Dr.Justice made sure that when she goves prescription making sure that she its has a lowest price and will ask you how was the pharmacy treated me and she said she always make sure that we can get lower price. And she makes sure that she always check any other pharmacy. With cost i had with her i never expected that its much cheaper in her clinic

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
We had to pay out of pocket for everything. Our IVF package was $13,500.00. Anesthesia services for the egg retrieval was $525.00. Medications were covered by my insurance and cost approximately $80.00...The clinic [Kentucky Fertility INstitute] is clean, organized, and welcoming. I felt very comfortable receiving care at this office because not only the people but the environment is welcoming...Everyone at her office is extremely busy but they always take the time to talk to us, discuss things with us and help us. They are also very nice and personable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, organized, and welcoming. I felt very comfortable receiving care at this office because not only the people but the environment is welcoming.
Dr. Justice has a great bedside manner, she always takes time to thoroughly explain what is going on. She also makes sure to answer any questions we have so that I am comfortable with procedures and so that we are informed and able to make educated decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol is our IVF Coordinator )
Dr. Justice reviewed records from our previous fertility doctor and then sat down with us to review everything during our consultation. She has was thorough and blunt about her opinion and our options. She never pushed us to do or try treatments we didn't want. She did explain all of our treatment options thoroughly and realistic outcomes for each of them, so that we could make an informed decision that was right for us. She is always warm and friendly and soft spoken. She is also empathetic and comforting which has made this lengthy process much more bearable.
Be prepared for honesty, she is very kind but she is also honest. Don't expect her to only tell you what you want to hear or to sugar coat anything.
Initially I had to have surgery to remove a large fibroid tumor. Once I healed Dr Justice let us try one round of Clomid but we were unsuccessful, this was at our request. We then started injections in preparation of our egg retrieval. We used Good nap-f 250 units twice a day, menopur 75 in the evening, cetrotide in the evenings and then ovidrel to trigger. My body responded well and she was able to retrieve 8 eggs!
The first appointment I arrived early and had a short wait (maybe 15 mins). The subsequent appointments were efficient with little or no wait.
Louisville

Stacey [a nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute] is amazing. I've probably called her more times in the last few months than I've called my own mother! She always calls back promptly and answers all questions. When we are called back, she always greets us with a smile on her face...Each round [of IUI] cost us around $400-$500, and that includes the cost of medications...The doctors and staff are all very personable and friendly. They never make us feel like a number and are always willing to help if we need it. I also am very happy with all of the pre-tests that were completed prior to our treatments
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
I love this clinic. The doctors and staff are all very personable and friendly. They never make us feel like a number and are always willing to help if we need it. I also am very happy with all of the pre-tests that were completed prior to our treatments. I've heard that not all clinics follow that protocol and so I'm very thankful for that.
She was so sympathetic and comforting each time our IUI failed. She explains each procedure and medication thoroughly, ensuring we fully understand the expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Stacey is amazing. I've probably called her more times in the last few months than I've called my own mother! She always calls back promptly and answers all questions. When we are called back, she always greets us with a smile on her face. I'm very happy with the care Stacey provides.
Dr. Justice is very compassionate and sympathetic during what is, naturally, a very stressful time. When my IUI attempts failed, she spoke to me like a concerned friend and shared my disappointment. That was so comforting, more so than she might even realize. During each procedure, she always makes me feel so at ease. She is thorough and wants to make sure we always understand all treatments and medications and any risks they may pose. We never had a question go unanswered. We will resume our treatments in a few months and I am confident that Dr. Justice will do all that she can to see that we get pregnant. And if, for some reason, those cards just aren't in our favor, I know that I'll have her comfort and support.
Be patient. Dr. Justice has explained that it may take a few tries. They run all the tests. They do all of the ultrasounds. They are doing what they can to give you the best chance possible to become pregnant. So, just be patient.
Due to hypothyroidism, I was put on Levothyroxine prior to any procedure. We did IUI #1 with just Letrozole (days 3-7) and we used the OPK. However, I started my cycle just a few days post IUI. This resulted in IUI #2 being monitored with ultrasound. Again, we did Letrozole, and we also added Ovidrel as the ultrasound results were great with 2 follicles ready to go, and Progesterone inserts each night. IUI #2 failed, and I started my cycle on 13 days post IUI. For IUI #3, all treatments were the same, however we increased Progesterone to twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. IUI #3 failed. We will start again in 2 months and, as I understand, we will follow the same treatment plan as we did in IUI#3.
Very managable. Each round cost us around $400-$500, and that includes the cost of medications.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Every person I have interacted with [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] has your best interest at heart. It starts with the front office director, Angie. She also personally greets me every time. All phone call messages are promptly returned. I honestly cannot say a single negative thing about Kentucky Fertility Institute. It "feels" small and intimate, but don't let that deter you into thinking they are lacking in any way, shape, or form. I even feel a personal connection with Kathy, the phlebotomist. She is genuinely rooting for us infertility warriors. I also must highlight Sasha Bjork-Mayer who is the billing coordinator. I can only imagine how many people view her as "the bad guy" since she's explaining all of the financial aspects to you. She is anything but that. She reached out to us to help us find a way to save costs. I feel like she has gone above and beyond her normal job duties to help us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Every person I have interacted with has your best interest at heart. It starts with the front office director, Angie. She also personally greets me every time. All phone call messages are promptly returned. I honestly cannot say a single negative thing about Kentucky Fertility Institute. It "feels" small and intimate, but don't let that deter you into thinking they are lacking in any way, shape, or form. I even feel a personal connection with Kathy, the phlebotomist. She is genuinely rooting for us infertility warriors. I also must highlight Sasha Bjork-Mayer who is the billing coordinator. I can only imagine how many people view her as "the bad guy" since she's explaining all of the financial aspects to you. She is anything but that. She reached out to us to help us find a way to save costs. I feel like she has gone above and beyond her normal job duties to help us.
Meeting Dr. Justice has made me feel like for the first time someone is truly listening to my concerns and needs. I have not once felt like just another patient or number to her. She calls me after-hours, and I truly feel like she is 100% invested in my care, not just fertility-wise, but long-term.
Stacey is the nurse practitioner at the Institute. She always has a smile on her face and greets me personally every time I go in, even if she is not involved with my care that day. She's very compassionate. During a recent SIS ultrasound (that I basically had to have twice since the first round did not go well), her calming presence made it bearable. She was very understanding.
I know where I am supposed to be. I've dealt with a myriad of reproductive issues over the years, and many times I felt "pushed along". In fact, there is an ER visit that will stand out in my mind where the physician made me feel like I was making up symptoms in my mind. For the first time, I feel like a doctor is truly listening to me and my concerns. In my opinion, Dr. Justice makes you feel like you're the most important patient when she walks in the room, but she is very unassuming. Her demeanor and strength are qualities I admire because I feel I possess those same qualities. She's open, honest, and gives you all the facts and knowledge. She doesn't sugarcoat things, but she also doesn't make you feel like this is "it...the end of the road." I know I am in the best hands possible for fertility treatment.
I would give this advice to any prospective patient. Speak up and be an advocate for your health and body. Not to badmouth past physicians, but I've let medical professionals steamroll me in the past. Dr. Tiffany Justice will always listen with an open mind. Don't be afraid to say what's on yours.
I'm a "unique" case. Since beginning treatment with Dr. Justice since last March 2016, we've unearthed I regularly make ovarian cysts and that my hormones have been completely out of whack. I'm now currently on thyroid medication to help balance hormones. To help reduce/diminish the cysts, for multiple cycles I've been on continuous birth control. Once the cysts have diminished or decreased enough in size, then we've taken that small window of opportunity to try Clomid and then one round of IUI. These windows of opportunity were far and few between cycles. It's been a rollercoaster. You can't take Clomid with the ovarian cysts because they may increase or duplicate, but then if you're taking continuous birth control, you can't move forward with treatment basically.
To be honest, I haven't completely totaled them. Over 1,000 at this point.

PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [KY Fertility Institute] is very clean and well maintained. Since the clinic is newer, it is equipped with the newest technology. In the ultrasound room there is a flat screen TV on the wall that you can easily see while the ultrasound is taking place. Also, the clinic offers IVF treatments there in the office...The nurse practitioner is very friendly and welcoming. Whenever I leave a question on her answering machine, she is always quick to call me back with an answer.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
When you walk into the clinic there is a comfortable seating area with couches and chairs. They have a refrigerator with complimentary drinks. There is also a TV to watch while you're waiting. The clinic is very clean and well maintained. Since the clinic is newer, it is equipped with the newest technology. In the ultrasound room there is a flat screen TV on the wall that you can easily see while the ultrasound is taking place. Also, the clinic offers IVF treatments there in the office. The is a strength because it doesn't require you to have to travel far, or even out of state to another clinic.
When my husband and I walked into Dr. Justice's office we could tell that she had spent time reviewing our lengthy file. She spent almost two hours with us that day asking questions, listening to us talk about our journey, and developing a treatment plan. She made us feel very comfortable in her office and we never felt like she was rushing us out.
I recently started seeing Dr. Justice after a year at another specialist. Immediately I could tell that we made the right decision switching. I could tell that Dr. Justice had spent time before our appointment reviewing our lengthy file of failed cycles. Although her appointments were running behind that day due to an emergency situation and it was her lunch, she spent nearly two hours with us asking questions, listening to us, and developing a treatment plan. We never felt like she was in a hurry. She made us feel very comfortable.
Dr. Justice offers free second opinion consultations. I would recommend taking advantage of that to any prospective patient because it can't hurt!
After over a years worth of failed treatments with our first specialist, we decided to seek a second opinion. In my previous cycles I would usually take a combination of Clomid and Letrozole to stimulate follicle growth. Our goal was to try and get 2-3 follicles. Majority of the time I was lucky to get one mature follicle. Very rarely was I able to ovulate two. Since this wasn't producing the results we were hoping for, we moved onto injections. We did two cycles of injections and didn't have any luck getting at least 2 follicles with those either. Dr. Justice reviewed our records and devised a plan. The plan is to try and go back to the basics (pills), but increasing the doses to try and stimulate at least 2-4 follicles. If we are able to get more than one, then Dr. Justice wants us to do another IUI. We've had three failed IUI's in the past. Dr. Justice wants us to do at least 2-3 IUI's with at least 2-4 follicles each time. If they all fail, she recommends IVF.
Ovulation shots cost $120 (through outside pharmacy). Fertility pills are usually around $60 (Walgreens Pharmacy). Cycles with injections cost roughly $400. Dr. Justice charges $350 for an IUI cycle. I was told that worst case scenario for IVF would be $15-20,000. Since we are doing few rounds of IUI's first, we haven't sat down and looked at the exact costs of IVF with her.
My doctor recommended only transferring one embryo, mainly due to my age. I believe they will do up to two if you are comfortable with the risk of multiples.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
All of the clinic [KY Fertility Institute] makes you feel very welcome and valuable. The clinic is always clean and it is very up to date. They have all of the latest technology and information ready at hand...All of the staff at KFI are phenomenal. When you walk into the door you just feel like you are meeting with old family and friends. They all know my name as soon as I walk in the door. Anytime I have a question I know I am able to call or ask the staff and they respond very quickly with a lot of information.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
All of the clinic makes you feel very welcome and valuable. The clinic is always clean and it is very up to date. They have all of the latest technology and information ready at hand.
She takes her time to explain every step of what is going on and when it is time to move on to the next step when a procedure is not working.
Throughout this whole process I have felt like I'm on a emotional roller coaster. She is very patient and takes her time to make sure that I understand all of my procedures and what will come next. She makes me feel comfortable with all of my issues.
Listen to what she has to say. She is fabulous and knows what works best!
We started with simple testing such as my husband completing a semen analysis, me completing a test known as HSG to see if I had any blocked tubes (found out my right tube is blocked). My next options were surgery or to start clomid, we opted to start clomid and actually conceived on the first dose, unfortunately it ended in miscarriage. We gave me a month off and started clomid again and again I became pregnant and miscarried. We now decided to check me for any blood clotting disorders (My aunt has factor V with leiden) well and behold that test came back positive for Factor V with Leiden. I started taking a 81 mg aspirin and was given a prescription for Lovenox to start when I got a positive pregnancy test. We tried for 9 more months after with clomid and ultrasound monitoring and I was unable to conceive. She informed me that it is time to move on to IUI with clomid and injectables. I completed my first IUI in March and it was unsuccessful.
We have had to pay for every ultrasound and any type of other testing since my insurance did not cover anything. They are very accommodating on not ordering unnecessary scans.
Louisville

The clinic [KFI] is a fairly new clinic but so far I haven't found any weaknesses. They truly put their patients first...I've always been greeted with a smile and called by my name...The nursing staff at KFI is amazing. They call you by name and make you feel like a person. I was very upset during my first time at KFI because of the results of a test and our nurse handed me a box of tissues before stepping out of the room to give my husband and I a moment alone.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a fairly new clinic but so far I haven't found any weaknesses. They truly put their patients first and they make such an awful time in life just a little bit easier. I've always been greeted with a smile and called by my name when walking in the door. It feels more like a family rather than a doctors office.
My husband and I have met with Dr. Hunter several times now and he never makes you feel rushed to leave. He answers all questions completely and always asks if you have any further questions before the appointment is over.
The nursing staff at KFI is amazing. They call you by name and make you feel like a person. I was very upset during my first time at KFI because of the results of a test and our nurse handed me a box of tissues before stepping out of the room to give my husband and I a moment alone. When she came back she put her arm around me and said "I know this is hard, but it's only a bump in the road. We will just keep going". I felt like she truly cared about how I felt and that made that experience so special.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter has been amazing to work with so far. From the very first time we met with him to the most recent appointments he has shown compassion, patience, and understanding. After our recent IUI failed he called me himself to say he was sorry our cycle wasn't successful. I was expecting a call from the nurse but I was so happy to be able to speak with him directly. He has always explained our options with our fertility journey. Once he gave us options he talked through them with us and supported our decision. I have enjoyed working with him and look forward to continuing to work with him.
Go in with an open mind.
After having an HSG I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis. Dr. Hunter believes that IUI is a good option for my husband and I because of my diagnosis. I do ovulate on my own and we have no other known issues so we decided on unmedicated IUI cycles. The plan is to try unmedicated cycles but also keeping the option of medication open if we don't get the results we want. We have had one unsuccessful IUI and we are planning for our second this next cycle.
We are trying IUI first but if we did decide to move in to IVF, Dr. Hunter said he would only transfer one embryo for me personally. I'm a very small person and he said carrying twins would be more of a risk because of my size.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The only weakness [at Kentucky Fertility Institute] in my eyes is that they are growing at rapid rate and it causes the wait time to be longer. The office is peaceful and a relaxing environment. They set you up to have a consult with the doctor and a consult with Sasha, the billing coordinator for the office. Everything is done in the offcie except for surgery, beyond egg retrieval.There is a lab, andrologist, and ultrasound all in one place. The ultrasound room has a screen on the wall for the patient can see...
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The only weakness in my eyes is that they are growing at rapid rate and it causes the wait time to be longer. The office is peaceful and a relaxing environment. They set you up to have a consult with the doctor and a consult with Sasha, the billing coordinator for the office. Everything is done in the offcie except for surgery, beyond egg retrieval.There is a lab, andrologist, and ultrasound all in one place. The ultrasound room has a screen on the wall for the patient can see.
Dr. Justice sits with me after my IUI and holds my hand and talks to me.She knows my name and my face as soon as she sees me in the office.
Carol for IVF. She was very quick to respond to every question I had and always has dealt with my craziness. Stacy is the APRN. She is so wonderful. She has helped me through two miscarriages and is so kind and patient.
Dr.Justice is very passionate about her patients and their care. I personally have not seen anything negative about her or her practice. The only downside to her practice could be that you may have to see her partner. Dr. Hunter has been wonderful to me also. So personally I have no complaints. But if you only wanted to see a female, it may be a problem for some.
Be patient. They are a busy practice, but totally worth any wait you may have.
IUI- 150 Clomid and dexamethasone 1 mg twice a day. Ultrasound day 10. The ovidrel shot for trigger shot and IUI after 36 hours. My body needed the 150 to respond and the dexamethasone helped with inflammation because of my endometriosis and pcos. We are now getting ready to start ivf (pending finances) because I feel that I am 38 and running out of time.
13000 for ivf and 3500 for meds
I personally thought that we would transfer 2 embryos due to my age (38). But after speaking with Dr. Justice, she suggested only transferring one since we are doing pre genetic screening on the embryos. I am overweight and have high blood pressure, so she really doesn't want me to end up with a higher risk twin pregnancy. She told me I could transfer two if I was set on it,but she suggests one
Louisville

Very nice office [Kentucky Fertility Institute] with a great staff. Just starting to get to know the staff more...The nursing staff was very friendly and answered any and all my questions. I'm looking forward to my fertility journey with Kentucky Fertility Institute ...ask all the questions you want and if you forget then just call the office or use the patient portal and they get back to you relatively quickly...Roughly $35,000-$40,000 for fertility, medications, and pre implantation genetic testing.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Very nice office with a great staff. Just starting to get to know the staff more.
My husband and I both felt as if she actually care about the safety of me and our future child. And she was Blunt but in a nice way.
The nursing staff was very friendly and answered any and all my questions. I'm looking forward to my fertility journey with Kentucky Fertility Institute and Dr. Tiffany Justice.
We actually have just started our fertility with Dr. Tiffany Justice and can already say she has been pleasant to work with. Our first initial consult we went through the ins and outs of all the steps. And what we do and don't want and things to expect or not expect. We are very excited to continue our feeltikty journey with Dr. Tiffany Justice.
To make sure you ask all the questions you want and if you forget then just call the office or use the patient portal and they get back to you relatively quickly.
Like I said before we just started our journey with Dr. Tiffany Justice so far we've both done blood work and she did a vaginal ultra sound to look at my ovaries And follicles. I'm on birth control pills now so she can track my periods as well. We're trying to figure out finances and get them In line since my health insurance doesn't cover any part of my fertility treatments.
For me since I have to do pre implantation genetic testing it's going to cost more. Roughly $35,000-$40,000 for fertility, medications, and pre implantation genetic testing. My insurance doesn't cover any aspect of it.
She recommends for the safety of me and our future baby she just recommended transferring one egg but said we can always one up her.
Louisville

It's [Kentucky Fertility Institute] a very clean and decorated beautifully. That is the first thing you see and I know that it is a safe serene environment. They are very organized and as my dad would say, "A well oiled machine!" I really don't have anything bad to say about the office or the staff. Sometimes it's a little chilly but the were more than happy to give me a heated blanket...t's always the same staff members and for me that's a great safe feeling.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It's very clean and decorated beautifully. That is the first thing you see and I know that it is a safe serene environment. They are very organized and as my dad would say, "A well oiled machine!" I really don't have anything bad to say about the office or the staff. Sometimes it's a little chilly but the were more than happy to give me a heated blanket. It could have just been my nerves, anxiety or feelings.
When I was referred to Dr. Tiffany Justice by my OBGYN I was desperate. I was in my late 30's and I had already had 2 miscarriages and had been thoroughly checked for endometriosis and blood disorders. All tests came back normal and as a lesbian woman with my fiancee in tow, we came to Dr. Justice with an open heart and mind. I have wanted children for a very long time and with a 4 bedroom home, we have the room. Dr. Justice has such a kind, loving manner about her and gives you her undivided attention. She didn't care that we were gay, just a sincere desire to be of help to create a miracle. No one really knows what it feels like as a woman to think you can't do something that's so natural and easy for others. I truly felt like Dr. Justice is in it for the long haul with us. I have my next appointment soon to discuss the next steps on this journey. We have done 3 rounds of Cloumid and Progesterone with no success. I have faith that if my God sees fit then a child will come into our life.
I'm terrible with names but it's always the same staff members and for me that's a great safe feeling. When you are there, you are going through so many different emotions and the staff is great at adjusting accordingly depending on the patient. I'm a people watcher and you can see it in others eyes...the hope, fear, pain.
She is a wonderful doctor that I truly value in my life and I have been to several trying to figure out if something was wrong with me. She cares from the heart and it shows and felt. The only weakness is that she looks tired sometimes ;) but hence that's the life of a doctor. I really don't have anything bad about her.
Keep the faith
The first step was complete bloodwork for myself and my partner after a thorough discussion of what we had done thus far. I have hypothyroidism that I was diagnosed with in my late 20's by my primary care physician and fibromyalgia. I only take synthyroid for that at .05 mcg once a day. We started on Cloumid after my bloodwork was clear and I had my first period. We had purchased 3 vials of frozen sperm that was shipped and stored at Dr. Justice's office and after IUI I started on Progesterone nightly. It's crazy sometimes the lengths we go through to bring life into this world. We have finished all 3 vials of frozen sperm with no success and are ready to go to the next step and climb the mountain of uncertainty.
I don't remember everything of bloodwork because insurance covered some of the costs but it was roughly $400 each time IUI was done. We paid the sperm bank directly for the vials and shipping.
Not applicable

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I felt like I was among sisters [with the nurses at Kentucky Fertility Institute] . These women hugged me, cared for and about me, and stood by me on this journey...The entire staff genuinely cares for each and every patient. They make the effort to get to know you as a person and not just a patient. They keep your spirit lifted when you feel like hope has been lost. They help you understand each and every step along the way. I feel like I gained a second family being there. Saying they’re a blessing is just the tip of the iceberg.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The entire staff was incredible. Not only was I treated like a human, I was treated like family. Dr. Justice made me feel comfortable and proud to be on this journey. I couldn’t have asked for a more supportive , genuine and caring doctor.
I felt like I was among sisters. These women hugged me, cared for and about me, and stood by me on this journey.
Dr. Justice spoke to me not at me. She explained things in a manner one who hasn’t attended medical school could understand. She made me recognize my struggles were nothing to be ashamed of. She gave me hope when I thought there was none. She brought happiness to my life when I was needing it most. I honestly miss seeing her each week. I am so thankful for the person she is.
Prepare to be in the best hands possible!
I originally was on Clomid prescribed by my OBGYN. We did this for over a year trying to get my progesterone to a “normal” level. When things balanced out and I continued to have negative pregnancy tests she’s suggested I move to the Kentucky Fertility Institute with Dr. Justice. When consulting with Dr. Justice she determined I had been on the max dose of Clomid for too long. Explained to me how it can cause issues with uterine lining and actually hinder my chances of a successful pregnancy. She recommended IUI as I have been pregnant before (natural conception) and explained it ought to be successful and the least invasive route to take. We did two rounds of IUI. After the second one failed, I requested to be more aggressive and do the IVF treatment. We retrieved 8 eggs, 5 embryos were produced (ICSI) and we transferred two. Dr. Justice said we would be fine with transferring one as given my age and pregnancy past it would take without much risk. My husband and I requested we transfer two in hopes of twins. They both took. Our girls were born in June.
I’m quite fortunate that my health insurance covered $15,000. I ended up laying around $4000 out of pocket which included my medication cost (not ordered from clinic but specialty pharmacy instead).
Dr. Justice takes a thoughtful and logical approach. She recommended a single transfer but we hoped for multiples and requested two embryos to transfer.

IVF, Donor Sperm
The moment we walked in [Kentucky Fertility Institute], we felt as their goals and our goals aligned. The goal of a child was clearly at the top of everyone’s list. We have encouraged many same sex couples to see Dr Hunter over the past couple of years.... From the receptionist to phlebotomist and nurses, the staff was a family and it was very apparent from our first visit on.... Our initial request was too costly and we ended up getting pregnancy by IUI which was around $7,000
IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The moment we walked in, we felt as their goals and our goals aligned. The goal of a child was clearly at the top of everyone’s list. We have encouraged many same sex couples to see Dr Hunter over the past couple of years. Without reservation, we have told others to trust the plan of action and ask questions as they arise. No matter the news, good or bad, we always felt confidant that we were all moving in the same direction
Dr Hunter was very quickly apart of our pregnancy journey. My desire has always been to have a baby but I never wanted to carry. My wife wanted and wants to feel all the aspects of pregnancy. Our match is pretty perfect. Dr Hunter never made me feel any other way than perfectly normal with my desire.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter presents as a professional who is focused on results, and tests. This was very helpful for us as an older couple (34,&40). Later when we were presented with Insurance issues and the decision to precede in the way our hearts desired to have a baby or the way the insurance company wanted us to have a baby. Dr Hunter was quick to advocate for our hearts- he probably doesn’t know what happened in that appointment with our relationship but it was life changing to see a doctor advocating for us. Ultimately the cost made us take the path of least resistance.
Trust the journey! Couples are teams and introducing a new teammate into that relationship can sometimes be difficult. Dr Hunter will soon become your MVP just trust him with the ball
My instance was governed by our insurance. We completed the testing for egg reserve and a scrap of my lining. We were preped to start medication to prepare my body for egg retrieval and IVF for my wife but the cost and claim denials made us take a different route with my wife using IUI.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
To me, the only weakness was the benefits coordinator. She is extremely nice but slow to respond to inquiries. There were times when I had to follow up multiple times before getting any response. The rest of the team [KFI] is AMAZING. Angie, at the front desk, greets you by name when you walk in. Highly organized and friendly. The phlebotomist is sweet as sugar and was the only one who could get what she needed out of my tiny veins without killing me. ...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
To me, the only weakness was the benefits coordinator. She is extremely nice but slow to respond to inquiries. There were times when I had to follow up multiple times before getting any response. The rest of the team is AMAZING. Angie, at the front desk, greets you by name when you walk in. Highly organized and friendly. The phlebotomist is sweet as sugar and was the only one who could get what she needed out of my tiny veins without killing me.
Everyone in the office, including Dr Hunter knew my name. He knew exactly who I was and my specific circumstances.
Carol was amazing! She dealt with the pharmacy when there were issues and answered EVERY single question I ever had, which was a lot.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I always felt like my care was a discussion and not an order. He truly listened to my opinion and answered every question. He gave me all my options and worked with me to make the best plan possible.
To not have unrealistic expectations
We did an antagonist protocol which resulted in 8 eggs, 2 of which made it to freeze. Both were graded highly. We had a plan to do genetic testing but because we only had 2 eggs we skipped it. The first transfer was a success in that I got pregnant. We saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks but didn’t at 8. A D&C at 9 weeks determined that the egg (my own) was genetically defective. The 2nd transfer did not result in pregnancy.
The monitoring appoints were done first thing (before regular visits) and most of the time I was in and out. IVF works on your body’s schedule so sometimes there were more people than others.
Even with insurance we paid $10k out of pocket.
Because of other health issues that I face, we chose to transfer one embryo. This was a big discussion between us and ultimately agreed this would be safer.
Louisville

They [the nurses at Kentucky Fertility Institute] have always been very sweet & caring & have always made sure I understand what is happening...It is a new facility and is absolutely beautiful...I have had nothing but a great experience this far...after 3 unsuccessful IUI's we did an HCG to look for tube blockage. That is where she found I had polyps on my uterus. We just successfully removed those & I started my cycle and am currently going to have a monitored cycle this go round.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It is a new facility and is absolutely beautiful. I am new to this fertility stuff so am not sure what to expect or not expect. I have had nothing but a great experience this far
She always has gone out of her way to make sure I understand & am comfortable with anything that is happening. She has called me on a Sunday to check & make sure I've gotten medications I need. When walking into the office I'm called by name as soon as walking to the front desk. She always makes sure that my partner & I are comfortable with what she is doing & helps in anyway possible.
They have always been very sweet & caring & have always made sure I understand what is happening.
She has gone above and beyond to help us in this journey. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field and explains everything to us before & during. I've had to have a couple procedures and she's the only doctor I've had that explains as she goes & makes sure I'm okay.
Be patient & listen to & do everything she asks of you
I've had one successful pregnancy when I was much younger so we didn't think I would have any problems getting pregnant but due to my age she started me on femara (can't remember the dosage) after 3 unsuccessful IUI's we did an HCG to look for tube blockage. That is where she found I had polyps on my uterus. We just successfully removed those & I started my cycle and am currently going to have a monitored cycle this go round. I started my dosage of femara just 2 days ago (it has been upped) and go in for an ultrasound on Sunday 4/30/17. Then if need be will be going for a trigger shot
Again I don't have anything to compare it to & my partner has amazing insurance. I will say what we do owe for what we have had done is not much. The only thing we've had to spend a ton on at this point is the sperm. However if this round doesn't work we will have to start discussing IVF

PCOS, Unexplained
Nurse [ at Kentucky Fertility Institute] very nice but seem to get agitated with multiple phone calls and questions at times and once did not return my call. Following this incident the nurse was again very nice, respectful and energetic...Every time you call the clinic you have to leave a voicemail and wait for a return call...its very rare someone answers the time you call. The office is beautiful, very new and contemporary and clean. They are organized and always know who you are when you enter the door.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr. justice returns calls on weekends no matter the time. She takes the time to explain things in the office so that you understand and is willing to answer questions without making you feel uncomfortable.
Nurse very nice but seem to get agitated with multiple phone calls and questions at times and once did not return my call. Following this incident the nurse was again very nice, respectful and energetic.
Dr.justice is very compassionate and easy going. She has a calming presence about her and tries to instill hope when it's hard to keep hoping. Dr. Justice is very busy and at times forgot to call back personally but always had a staff member contact me until she could. At times I waited some time past my scheduled appointment but Dr. Justice was always apologetic about the delay.
Ask all questions on your mind so that you get needed answers. Don't make appointments when you are in a hurry because you will likely wait in the waiting room for awhile.
I started with Clomid and then increased dosages of Clomid. This did not work so I was switched to femara and then increased dosages of femara as well as trigger shots and estradiol patches and progesterone suppositories. Routine ultrasounds to see follicle growth and lab work.
Roughly $36 for ultrasounds, $6-$50 for each individual medication, $100 for trigger shot, $150 for blood work
Louisville

they [Kentucky Fertility Institute] are very clean , organized and such a welcoming environment...The nursing staff is phenomenal. I come in they welcome you with smiles they know you by name. Super sweet and kind-hearted people...[cost of treatments] very reasonable...I would never chose anyone else to get me through this. It doesnt matter if i come in the office with doubt or nervous or anything he [Dr. Hunter] makes sure i know that he is going to get me to where i want to be.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
they are very clean , organized and such a welcoming environment
Dr. HUnter is by far the best doctor ive gone to . he is very understandable when it come to feelings and also his job he makes sure you understand everything , treats you with respect and has your happiness at the number 1 priority. He does not just treat you like a number he is there to make you happy, confident and comfortable
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr hunter is the best. He is very considerate , well mannered, down to earth, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. I would never chose anyone else to get me through this. It doesnt matter if i come in the office with doubt or nervous or anything he makes sure i know that he is going to get me to where i want to be. He informs on every step of the way plus what the next steps could be if something doesn't work. I trust him fully in what he does and i know for sure he is confident and as long as im his patient i'll get to where i need to be
Be honest and ask questions. doesn't matter what kind of question you think you are asking he is there to reassure you and answer every questions and concern.
So far we have used birth control to get my cycles somewhat normalized in the beginning them we went on to letrzole on 2 cycles I've had 1 IUI which was unsuccessful. i go in thursday for my second after my second if it is not a success we will dicuss any changes he thinks would be necessary
very reasonable
Louisville

The clinic [KFI] is warm and welcoming. Their is privacy when you need it most, resources are available where you would hope to find them, and everyone is kind and friendly. Even the practice manager knows who I am and will come out to say hello and check on how I am doing...the entire staff is caring, organized, and professional. They know that they are helping patients in a very difficult time of their lives and treat them as such. They are also always there to celebrate "victories" no matter how small, with their patients.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is warm and welcoming. Their is privacy when you need it most, resources are available where you would hope to find them, and everyone is kind and friendly. Even the practice manager knows who I am and will come out to say hello and check on how I am doing.
Dr. Hunter will personally call to check in and to follow up. He was very up front and caring when having to give "bad" news. He was ready with resources and names of other professionals who could offer more specialized care for my mental state after diagnosis of POI/POF (therapists specializing in infertility, etc).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name : ()
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter is to-the-point when it comes to diagnosis, treatment options, realistic outcomes, and further testing and/or specialists. He takes into consideration family histories and ALWAYS calls me personally whenever I've called or e-mail with questions. He is sure to be realistic but caring and is always ready with helpful information and resources. My husband and I always feel like we've been told everything, not that anything has been withheld or explained in a confusing way.
First, to be prepared for news you may not want to hear...but that Dr. Hunter makes you feel like you are NOT alone!
I had already seen my OBGYN for several rounds of fertility medication, and seen a different RE in another city/state before I came to Dr. Hunter. While he did confirm the original diagnosis, he was there to offer multiple options for dealing with fertility options as well as options for staying the course of maintenance, while keeping the door open for future fertility options.
I don't know off the top of my head.
Louisville

[Monitoring appointments at Kentucky Fertility Institute were] done by appointment but the appointments were always on time. Usually appointments to monitor if the medicines were working was done in the mornings so the doctors could focus on those patients...The first 2 rounds was billed to my insurance so everything done correctly for that. When we were considering a third cycle and insurance was no longer going to cover it, they have a package plan in place to be able to help the patient to get what they needed.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The clinic is organized and structured well on helping you get through of the steps needed to get the process started and to the finish line. They was always a calendar, phone call or email reminding you of the next step or what was needed from you.
Dr. Hunter always made me and my husband feel as if we were his only patient. All questions were always answered and never made us feel like any of our questions were stupid or wrong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carol powers )
Everyone was always welcoming when you come in. The team is was small but it made feel more like home especially having the same nurse or coordinator that was helping you. You were more than just a patient to them. You were individual that they were helping achieve their dream of starting a family.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
He always explained everything he was doing and why he was doing it. I never left an appointment not knowing what was going on or what the next steps were going to be. I knew that I could always call or email to get a question or concern addressed in a timely manner. He took my feelings and my husband’s feelings in consideration when he was making a plan for the treatment and never made the plan final until we were ready and understood everything.
I thought I wanted a doctor that was warm and sweet because this was going to be a tough time for us but after my first failed retrieval of eggs and not having any embryos to transfer, we knew needed someone that would lay everything out straight for us. Dr. Hunter is that doctor. He might not be warm until you get to know his personality but he will let you know what you need to do and what he will be doing for you to get that family you want. He has a passion and understanding of what you want, he will do what he has to do to make it happen.
After my first failed cycle, he increased my treatment and all of the medicine intake. He had me in the office everyday for lab work and ultrasounds to ensure the medicine was working and adjusting the treatment cycle at the end to get the results we needed.
Everything was done by appointment but the appointments were always on time. Usually appointments to monitor if the medicines were working was done in the mornings so the doctors could focus on those patients.
Dr. Hunter weighed out each option for us. He gave us his opinion for our individual situation and let us make th final decision in the end. Either of those opinions was good for us and he recommended both for our situation.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
KFI is one of the newer facilities in our area. I love the staff! Angie and Stacy both rock! The facility is always so discrete and keep private matters private. The office is beautifully done and is conveniently located. Wait time is to a minimum and I have never felt like I was being rushed out...Everyone has went out of their way to make sure my visits go as smoothly as possible. They always greet you with a friendly, caring smile.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
Dr Hunter was and has been the best doctor I have seen. He is very respectful of the situation at hand and goes to great links to make sure you understand your treatment plan. He gave me hope for my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr Hunter was very informative in explaining my treatment plan in details that I was able to understand. He made sure that I understood what was going to happen during any procedures ahead of time and I was contacted with results as soon as they were available if I was not informed before leaving the procedure.
Don't be so nervous! He is very easy to talk to.
On our first visit we sat down and Dr Hunter went over our history in great detail and all previous information leading up to our visit. We decided that even though I had diminished ovarian reserve, I was still a candid to try monitor medicated timed intercourse with trigger shot. I was diagnosed with secondary infertility with diminished egg reserve. I went in for a baseline ultrasound before the third day of my cycle. I was then given the ok to start Fermara 5mg per day cycle days 3-5. I then was scheduled out to cycle day 10 to check for follicles. My first cycle produced two decent size follicles (both over 19) and was advised exactly what time to trigger and what days/nights to have intercourse. First cycle resulted in a negative test. My second cycle also resulted with two follicles over 19 and negative pregnancy tests. Third cycle I was upped to 10 mg Fermara cycle days 3-5. This cycle I was also given progesterone to use nightly starting two days after trigger shot. This cycle also resulted two follicles this time 20 and lining was good. This cycle also resulted in a negative test. Our fourth cycle was on track with the third cycle. At follicle check we were very surprised to see three follicles. Unfortunately, that cycle did not work. We are currently taking a break in hopes of saving money to start IVF.
Most of the diagnostic testing was covered under my insurance with the exception of my deductible. I was quoted $13K for IVF without medication.
Louisville

The new office manager [Kentucky Fertility Institute] has really changed the feel of the clinic. I don’t like the new feel at all. The doors are always closed and it seems very money centered, which is different from when I started at the clinic. The office staff are cold and aloof. ... The nurses and techs were wonderful. They greet you by name and call or text you to check in.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
The new office manager has really changed the feel of the clinic. I don’t like the new feel at all. The doors are always closed and it seems very money centered, which is different from when I started at the clinic. The office staff are cold and aloof.
The nurses and techs were wonderful. They greet you by name and call or text you to check in. Dr. Hunter always had time to talk or explain something.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Candi and Carol)
I can’t say enough wonderful things about Candi and Carol. They’re kind and compassionate. They really went above and beyond to help me. They were very helpful during my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
I really like that he doesn’t have a lot of bedside manner. He’s very matter-of-fact and is completely honest with his assessment. I think sometimes he’s too honest and can be too blunt. And sometimes he seemed rushed even though he was willing to answer my questions I felt like his mind was elsewhere.
Have all your questions written out so that you don’t forget anything because the consultation and subsequent visits move very quickly.
He began my treatment very aggressively due to my age. All my numbers look great but he was concerned about the egg quality. We went straight to injectable medication. After timed intercourse failed we moved to IUI.
I don’t have insurance that covers infertility so everything was out of pocket. The ultrasounds were discounted significantly for cash pay patients. IUI felt like I was reasonably priced. IVF costs are $14,000. PGS testing is $4800.
None
Louisville

It does take a while to get an initial appointment. Once in, they [KFI] will see patients on weekends to make sure you stay on schedule. The financial side got a bit confusing, but it was all figured out in the end ... Everything was provided on a price sheet before you started. I believe the whole IUI was 900 without meds ... The [nursing] staff is top notch! ...The phlebotomist is amazing and so incredibly sweet.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Fertility Institute.
It does take a while to get an initial appointment. Once in, they will see patients on weekends to make sure you stay on schedule. The financial side got a bit confusing, but it was all figured out in the end. Best of luck
The office is very receptive to communications and everything was explained to me
The staff is top notch! I cannot day enough about how kind and helpful they are. They are always smiling and go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. The phlebotomist is amazing and so incredibly sweet.
How was your experience with Robert Hunter II at Kentucky Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hunter is no nonsense and very knowledgeable. His clinic is communicative and he answered any questions I had. He explained our several options with us and allowed us to choose our path. He drew pictures and diagrams to ensure we knew what the next steps would be, and even decided to forego an ultrasound and save ya money, when I’d just had one for another reason very recently.
Make sure to ask questions and do not be shy with thoughts or concerns.
Our protocol was to try IUI with Femera, since I’d responded well to it in the past. I had blood work done and did Femera days 3-7. I had an ultrasound at day 12 and triggered that evening. I had my IUI 36 hours past Trigger, then took progesterone until I could test.
Louisville

Pricing information is vague and even receipts don't detail what the charges are for. Wait times [Kentucky Fertility Institute] before appointments can be long. Overall the staff is very friendly and appointments go quickly once you have been called back. I often had a hard time getting a hold of someone on the phone. No one from the office ever called to follow up after my IUI.... I saw one nurse at every appointment, and she was the best.