Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
170 N. Eagle Creek Dr
Lexington, KY 40509
859-277–5736
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology to a friend?

6.6
1 doctor
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
They [staff at Kentucky Obstetics & Gynecology] some times will place you with the PA, Amy, if he is busy that day or out of office. Amy is very good, but for infertility issues, she does not always have the answers like Dr. Veloudis has...They [nurses] are all really nice and very personable...The office staff is really bad about communicating, although the new ladies they have now seem to be doing a better job.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
The office staff is terrible about getting back to you. If you ask them to call you back with an answer about something, most of the time that doesn't happen. I would be consistent with calling them back to get your answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
He always takes his time with answering any of my questions and is very kind. I also feel like he is respectful about the whole subject of infertility, knowing it is a hard thing to go through.
They are all really nice and very personable.
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
How was your experience with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
I was very hesitant on which doctor to see when I was first looking around for a fertility specialist. I am glad I ended up where I did. I feel like the staff are all rooting for me to have success. I have been informed of my options and Dr. Veloudis has always supported whichever option my husband and I have chosen. I am not finished with my treatment, but I feel confident he will help it all work out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
Always ask to see him for appointments if you are specifically wanting to see him. They some times will place you with the PA, Amy, if he is busy that day or out of office. Amy is very good, but for infertility issues, she does not always have the answers like Dr. Veloudis has. Go in there with low expectations on your results because I felt like nothing was wrong with me and ended up finding I had a lot going on and was shocked.
Describe the protocols George Veloudis used in your cycles at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology and their degree of success.
I did three IUI's, but that was before finding out I had Tubal disease. If I had known that beforehand, I wouldn't have done the IUI's, but it's just something that no one knew until I had surgery. I was prescribed 50mg. Clomid for two iui cycles and 100mg. Clomid for one. I also used an Ovidrel trigger shot the night before for all three iui's. I had a vaginal ultrasound around CD10-12. I had an HSG test during the months I did IUI. I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C , all preformed on the same day, as well as a dye test to check tubes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
It is expensive but I know all Infertility procedures are expensive if insurance doesn't cover anything, no matter the clinic.
Describe George Veloudis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
He likes to put two embryos in during the transfer. I have not done IVF with him yet though.
Lexington

The nursing staff [at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology] was always amazing. They showed compassion and truly cared about you and your journey to conceive. I hear horror stories of women saying the nurses at their clinic were uncaring (like they are at my second clinic I visited) but they were truly amazing and I’m so thankful I got to meet the wonderful nursing staff...I did request the paperwork from my iui to be obtained and it took several months and then they lost it and had to print out another copy. This was really the only issue I had. I think it could’ve been just a miscommunication
Describe your experience with Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Strength: 1.the amazing nursing staff, they were happy to answer any questions I had and always told me my bill before my next appointment and were so kind. Truly amazing 2. Dr. Veloudis is very knowledgeable 3. Clinic is open on Saturdays if needed 4. Kind receptionist Weaknesses 1.you feel very rushed during your appointments 2. If you are knew to the fertility world you definitely need to do your research or you will be confused like I was. Overall I really do recommend this clinic.
I feel like since I was younger in the ttc community he didn’t take me as seriously. I feel like he did everything right and the monitoring was correct but I just feel like maybe we weren’t given enough attention to make our cycles more successful.
The nursing staff was always amazing. They showed compassion and truly cared about you and your journey to conceive. I hear horror stories of women saying the nurses at their clinic were uncaring (like they are at my second clinic I visited) but they were truly amazing and I’m so thankful I got to meet the wonderful nursing staff at LEXINGTON FERTILITY CLINIC
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
Dr.veloudis is very knowledgeable, he will answer any questions you ask him. I was pretty clueless going into the world of infertility treatments so I wasn’t aware of the right questions to ask in order to get the best care with him. I feel like had I been more knowledgeable like I am know I would’ve had a better experience but I also feel as though I should’ve been explained the treatments and procedures I was going through to do maybe I wouldn’t have been so clueless? I also felt like he didn’t pay enough attention to us because we are young, maybe that was not the case but I felt as if ever appointment was brisk and we weren’t aggressive enough at the start. After our first iui I just needed to take a break to heal from everything I had been too and have made appointments back but I just fear not being taken seriously again and am unsure about returning
Be knowledgeable, do your research so you know what questions to ask, he is very brief so you’re going to feel rushed. Don’t. Your time is just as important as anyone else’s, make him listen.
The first three cycles I was on clomid 25mg, I would come in on cycle day 7 we would check the follicle progression, then he would tell us when to trigger and we would have timed intercourse at home. When we did our iui cycle I was taking clomid 25 mg cycle day 3-7 again. Come in on cycle day 7 for a follicle check, then was told to trigger and come back on two days back to back for iui’s. He broke the iui up into two days which I felt was more affective than a traditional iui
Each visit their was a $200 copay My iui was $800 My trigger shot was $114 My clomid was around $10 I was going to do an HSG but opted out it was priced at $1,000
Lexington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
They [Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology] are quick to want to do IVF without trying other methods. The PA is nice and Dr Veloudis obviously knows his stuff but wants to avoid second opinions for some reason. If I had listened to him we would have stopped trying to have a baby...Staff was mostly young and didn't seem to know much. Nursing staff was okay. The office staff (coordinators) seemed to push IVF the most.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
They are quick to want to do IVF without trying other methods. The PA is nice and Dr Veloudis obviously knows his stuff but wants to avoid second opinions for some reason. If I had listened to him we would have stopped trying to have a baby.
They pushed IVF like it was the only way to get pregnant. My insurance paid for IUI but they said we should do IVF. I was told my tubes were both blocked and getting a second test was pointless bc it was 100% correct. I did an HSG with another Dr and BOTH tubes were completely open. Always get a second opinion. I felt the plan was IVF all along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Marla)
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
My biggest issue was how much they pushed IVF. Also how they never wanted second testing. My husband also should have been told to get another seen analyst since the first came back poorly. We got a second test with another Dr and again, his results were fine. Like my fallopian tubes at the second test.
Get a second opinion if you do tests that come back in a way that would suggest you can't naturally have children. He is a great Dr other than that and the fact he goes straight to IVF as the answer.
Fertility drugs only then recommended IVF
Reasonable until they revommended IVF then said they wouldn't use insurance even if certain things would normally be covered. I thought that was odd and didn't seem legal.

2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[The nursing staff] was always kind and patient.I received conflicting information regarding my diagnosis
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like Dr. Veloudis felt like I should know more than what I did. He didn't explain in depth, and often assumed I knew test results that I hadn't been told.
Always kind and patient.
What specific things went wrong at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
The PA is wonderful. Dr. Veloudis had a very brisk bedside manner and sometimes I felt a bit rushed and as if things were left unexplained. Dr. Veloudis is a great doctor though.
Do research to ask questions.