Selling medication is not offered

1111 19th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
202-301-3595

2021, Consult
Dr. Cain is the absolute least professional doctor I have ever encountered...She also had her computer open the entire session and was getting message notifications consistently that she would look at while I was actively speaking to her...I got my blood taken and left with no next steps, no timeline, and not feeling good about my experience...I received no strategies or protocols from Dr. Cain as she did not follow up or show interest in treating me....
The clinic [Kindbody] achieves what it clearly has shown to be it's goals. The design of the clinic was peaceful and comfortable. Their online portal is relatively easy to use. I appreciated the attention to detail from a branding standpoint but for the actual stuff that matters (the doctor that's treating you) it fell extremely short...The nursing staff was top-notch. Everyone was friendly, knowledgeable, and considerate at every step...
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Kindbody?
tl;dr The Kindbody staff and clinic director is very helpful, however, Dr. Cain is the absolute least professional doctor I have ever encountered and would tell anyone trying to learn about their fertility to steer clear. I went to Kindbody hoping to learn about the egg freezing process and potential surrogacy down the road. The staff and nurses that helped me were friendly and prompt and made the experience easy. Once I got in the room with Dr. Cain it was a completely different story. We sat down and I explained that I was looking to have my eggs frozen for surrogacy down the line as my husband and I were looking towards family planning several years out. The entire session she had her computer open and was looking at message notifications she was getting. She shared with me a little about what my options were, a very very high-level review of what egg freezing process was like, and made a few notes on a handout that summarized egg freezing. I then asked a question about insurance and coverage. (Some background, I had previously called my insurance company asking about coverage and they said that depending on the code the doctor inputs, my procedure may be covered.) With this knowledge, I asked Dr. Cain what code she might put me under. She then went on to tell me how she "wasn't going to lie" and that she doesn't handle anything with financing. I was immediately taken aback as I had made no mention of lying and was trying to understand more about insurance coverage. I understand that the doctor may not be the right person to speak to about financing or insurance, which she could have stated without accusing me of asking to lie. She then said she wanted to have me get some bloodwork done, I asked her what the cost of that was and she said "it is a standard lab test that insurance will cover". I got my blood taken and left with no next steps, no timeline, and not feeling good about my experience. I ended up speaking with the clinic director to share my negative experience and she was understanding and apologetic and offered to put me with the clinics other doctor. I called a week later asking about my results and a very nice nurse practitioner spoke with me for over an hour explaining the actual egg freezing process (the timeline, medications, what to expect from my body, pain level, etc) All of which Dr. Cain never even touched on. After that call, I felt a little better about the experience and was still considering moving forward with Kindbody. That is until I received a separate bill from the lab that did my bloodwork that Dr. Cain said "would be covered by insurance". When I called the clinic director to ask about this charge she said that Dr. Cain should not have said that and she apologized for the miscommunication but she was unable to remove the charge because the bill came from the lab. That ended up being my tipping point of not moving forward with Kindbody.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Kindbody?
Do not consider Dr. Cain a viable option for your fertility care. She has no redeeming qualities as a medical professional.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Kindbody?
Dr. Cain sat down and began speaking with me about my goals and why I was there. She also had her computer open the entire session and was getting message notifications consistently that she would look at while I was actively speaking to her.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Kindbody and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
The clinic achieves what it clearly has shown to be it's goals. The design of the clinic was peaceful and comfortable. Their online portal is relatively easy to use. I appreciated the attention to detail from a branding standpoint but for the actual stuff that matters (the doctor that's treating you) it fell extremely short.
Kristen Cain
Atlanta

2019 - 2021, 4 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Brown remembers my name, where I grew up and what my goals are. It seems simple but she treats me like a person and listens to me at every stage. She walks me through each step with as much detail as I ask and pauses when I need a break... She has been my partner in my journey before I had one and I now our coach as we navigate our fertility journey together...Her number one goal for me is what I have stated my number one goal is and she has provided all the options to make it a reality without pressure to do the "right thing".
The clinic is still finding its way. There is greater transparency than I have had with other clinics but less experience...Kindbody is really good at the easy stuff and, in my honest opinion, they have had a harder time with less straight forward cases...after months of fertility treatment you get to know your body and which arm or vein might be better, one nurse never listened and it was always painful, physically and emotionally, to work with her.
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
Dr. Brown is honest, at times it can be a lot of information to receive. Dr. Brown will take my lead, am I in a position today, emotionally, to dig into all the possibilities or do I need her to focus on the one path we are on right now? Once I learned to set my boundaries and advocate for what type of care I wanted, Dr. Brown has been amazing. First I had to get past the fear and anxiety of every conversation, but that was more with me that Dr. Brown. She has never been cold. She is warm and empathetic and might want me to have a baby even more that I do! She has been my partner in my journey before I had one and I now our coach as we navigate our fertility journey together.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
Be clear is what you want and ask every question you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
Dr. Brown remembers my name, where I grew up and what my goals are. It seems simple but she treats me like a person and listens to me at every stage. She walks me through each step with as much detail as I ask and pauses when I need a break. Her number one goal for me is what I have stated my number one goal is and she has provided all the options to make it a reality without pressure to do the "right thing".
Describe the protocols Hyacinth Nicole Browne used in your cycles at Kindbody and their degree of success.
I have DOR, so we did multiple rounds of egg retrievals in an attempt to preserve my fertility. We did high dose cycles to try to stimulate multiple follicle growth but my body was not receptive and the high dose vs low dose protocol did not change the outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody.
Some are amazing and others are not. Some were compassionate and kind while others ignored me. After months of fertility treatment you get to know your body and which arm or vein might be better, one nurse never listened and it was always painful, physically and emotionally, to work with her.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
The clinic is still finding its way. There is greater transparency than I have had with other clinics but less experience. The doctors have years are experience behind them but not at Kindbody. Kindbody is really good at the easy stuff and, in my honest opinion, they have had a harder time with less straight forward cases. The communication with Kindman who my partner had to work with to determine any fertility concerns on their end, has been really disappointing. If I hadn't worked with Kindbody prior and new about my partners male fertility issues, I would have sought a clinic with more experience with male fertility support. Right now we are working with Kindbody for me, Kindman for my partner, and the issue he needs resolved is being out sourced to another doctor because Kindman isn't able to provide that service.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody.
Cost isn't always clear and everything seems to be unsure if there is coverage. There are no clear answers and so much of that research has been on me as the patient to call my insurance company with the codes to determine cost and coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody.
Kindbody has improved their communication via their website since I started working with them in 2019. Now they are more responsive but in the past I would have to reach out to get information that I was told would be sent to me. This included time sensitive protocol changes. My partner and I are seeing different doctors at the clinic and the communication between our doctors and back to us had been less than ideal. We have to chase them for updates or tell one doctor what the other one has been doing, I had assumed they would be communicating with each other more closely.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr Browne does not give you any information unless you specifically ask for it...did not feel like she was actively engaged in my specific case. She often called me and asked ME what medications she had prescribed me. She missed multiple phone call appts as well without acknowledging until I reached out...PCOS has several recommended lifestyle changes and vitamins, but she never raised them til AFTER my IUI cycle when I pressed again on what else should be done to better my chances in subsequent cycles...
If Kindbody weren’t branded as a place to make everything easier, simple and transparent, maybe I would have less disdain. It’s worse or at best like a standard doctor’s office...had to stalk finance for billing - had to follow up with nurses on prescriptions being called in after they sent me messages saying it had been done - no one asked me about my medications I took until I brought up contradictions - conflicting exercise information - told me to stop taking prenatal vitamins after 1st positive pregnancy test...
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
She is a fast talker (I’m a fast talker, but wow) who speaks as if you are also a doctor and / or gone through this experience multiple times. She frequently stated contradictory things on callas and then messages. She did not feel like she was actively engaged in my specific case. She often called me and asked ME what medications she had prescribed me. She missed multiple phone call appts as well without acknowledging until I reached out.
Ask everything on the phone and follow up with a message to ensure she isn’t changing her mind. Take it upon yourself to check with the nursing staff on things as she often does not relay.
Dr Browne does not give you any information unless you specifically ask for it. As this is not an intuitive process, that can be quite stressful. PCOS has several recommended lifestyle changes and vitamins, but she never raised them til AFTER my IUI cycle when I pressed again on what else should be done to better my chances in subsequent cycles. Often when I did ask questions, she would reply answering only part of it, resulting in more messages and delays. She would tell me she would communicate xyz to the team to reach out to me on next steps and several days would pass, I would reach out to said team and they said they hadn’t heard anything.
Clomid + injectable IUI due to PCOS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
Anna was nice, but cold at the same time. I preferred interacting with the assistants like Amanda who felt like actual humans and treated me as such. I felt rushed by Anna in appts unless she was accompanied by a trainee, which seemed to put her in a different disposition.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
If Kindbody weren’t branded as a place to make everything easier, simple and transparent, maybe I would have less disdain. It’s worse or at best like a standard doctor’s office. Finance has no idea what is happening with your case and takes EXTREMELY long to process even if you are meant to be starting a cycle. Finance also charged me without any receipt or notice and when I reached out for clarity, they had no idea why it happened and just refunded me.... not the best vote of confidence. Nurses told me things contradictory to what Dr Browne said (eg Dr said I could not workout because I was at risk for ovarian hypertension, but 2 nurses told me I could workout. I had to ask a 3rd nurse to speak to Dr and make a final answer).
Roughly $4,000
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody.
- had to stalk finance for billing - had to follow up with nurses on prescriptions being called in after they sent me messages saying it had been done - no one asked me about my medications I took until I brought up contradictions - conflicting exercise information - told me to stop taking prenatal vitamins after 1st positive pregnancy test (so confused...)

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Browne was extremely kind with great bedside manner. She contacted me the evening following my treatment to give me the results on number of eggs obtained, and the morning following to identify how many were frozen...She explained how the retrieval went shortly after I woke up. I felt like I was receiving personalized treatment although I’m sure they see a lot of patients...
The tech platform Kindbody uses is super user friendly. They upload your medications and videos of how to use each one there. And show you how many follicles were seen on the ultrasound scan...The entire nursing and other staff were great, prompt and the technology system works excellent...Very affordable compared to other clinics...There’s a WhatsApp group you can contact if have questions taking the trigger shot.
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
I expected to retrieve more eggs since I had PCOS and 50-60 follicles. But probably better they took the more conservative approach to my treatment to avoid potential symptoms of OHSS and I literally felt my stomach was going to burst from being distended due to the stimulation (ha). She explained a minor complication when going in and why the retrieval took slightly longer than expected. Overall great and patient doctor. I would use them again if needed.
She is highly responsive. Contact her and message her through the portal anytime.
Dr. Browne was extremely kind with great bedside manner. She contacted me the evening following my treatment to give me the results on number of eggs obtained, and the morning following to identify how many were frozen (although I believe it was her day off on a Sunday). She explained how the retrieval went shortly after I woke up. I felt like I was receiving personalized treatment although I’m sure they see a lot of patients. Dr. Aimee was on call during my treatments to answer any questions I had about the medication. The entire nursing and other staff were great, prompt and the technology system works excellent.
Due to my PCOS, conservative dosages Follistim (75 then 50 iud), Menopur (one vial), Ganirelix the week toward the end , both a Lupron and Pregnyl trigger shot (I messed up the dosage of my Pregnyl and called the clinic who saw me for a last minute appointment - all worked out in the end )
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody.
They were open to answering questions when I went in for monitoring. They also responded quickly to messages sent through their technologically friendly and easy to use portal. Nurses and ultrasound tech were extremely personable and got to know each patients names especially by the end of the treatment cycle. There’s a WhatsApp group you can contact if have questions taking the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
The tech platform Kindbody uses is super user friendly. They upload your medications and videos of how to use each one there. And show you how many follicles were seen on the ultrasound scan. The offices are modern and patient friendly, not dark and sterile.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kindbody.
Generally runs on time. They have early morning appointments which you can also schedule online.
There was a discount code at the time I enrolled. Very affordable compared to other clinics. Believe $5500 for treatment $2500 for meds

2019, 23 Eggs Frozen
Kindbody was great at communicating to me all the steps for my cycle, and making sure I felt supported. Their prices were significantly cheaper than other places in NYC, but the quality of the care was amazing. They have a patient portal to review results and receiving additional instructions / documents from doctors, which made coordinating with the clinical team very easy...Hina and Anna [nurses] were so nice! I was able to text them questions at all hours, and make sure I was doing my injections properly.
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
Dr. Browne performed my first round of egg freezing when I was 29. My AMH was quite high, around 9, which put me at risk for OHSS. Dr. Browne explained how my treatment would be tailored so that I would be at a minimal risk of OHSS while still getting many high quality eggs. She was extremely kind and patient during our visits, answering all of my questions and making sure I understood what the next steps were. I was able to text Dr. Browne one evening late on Friday night when I had an injection issue, which I felt like was above and beyond. I was super happy with my results and would totally recommend Dr. Browne to my friends and family!!
Take advantage of Dr. Browne's experience and ask her a million questions. She is super patient!
Dr. Browne gave me very personalized information. She always explained why she was increasing, adding, decreases doses depending on my bloodwork and ultrasounds during my egg freezing cycle. She was very kind in answering all of my questions, too!
I started on 150 IU of Menopur, which was increased to 225 IU of Menopur on day 5 of stimulation since my estrogen was not rising as quickly as expected. I then started 250 IU of Ganirelix on day 9 of stimulation. I did my trigger shot on day 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody. (Assigned nurse: Hina Ahmed)
Hina and Anna were so nice! I was able to text them questions at all hours, and make sure I was doing my injections properly.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
One egg freezing cycle was $5000. This did not include medications or anesthesia.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Aimee did our initial consultation where we discussed and outlined our plan. Following that, we spoke virtually and I went in for cycle visits with the nurses at the office. Dr. Aimee was also very accessible to answer any questions in the Portal and always responded to any messages. Any requests we made, Dr. Aimee made sure they happened. Dr. Aimee also performed my Hysteroscopy as well....
The nurse team [at Kindbody] was very accessible and communicative. They were able to speak with me every time I needed and were very helpful along the way...The clinic is open and honest about pricing and has all prices on their website. They are responsive in the message portal and communicate well. In person you always have a good experience and the clinics are beautiful inside...IUI with donor sperm is around $1900. Clomid was $10 with insurance. Shipping the sample was 375 through Fairfax cryobank...
How was your experience with Aimee Seungdamrong at Kindbody?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aimee Seungdamrong at Kindbody?
If you are a prospective patient, please do not be upset if you don’t see your doctor at every visit. Dr. Aimee is still accessible and will schedule time to speak with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aimee Seungdamrong at Kindbody?
Dr. Aimee is invested in our family and is always kind when we speak. Dr. Aimee does not make me feel like another number
Describe the protocols Aimee Seungdamrong used in your cycles at Kindbody and their degree of success.
Our first cycle we did 25mg of Clomid and I went in for a few cycle visits, used a trigger shot and did the IUI two days after. The second cycle I used 50mg of Clomid, I had more cycle visits than the last visit, did the trigger shot and did the IUI 36 hours later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody.
The nurse team was very accessible and communicative. They were able to speak with me every time I needed and were very helpful along the way.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aimee Seungdamrong at Kindbody.
Aimee Seungdamrong
2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Hyacinth Nicole Browne] is concise, gentle and compassionate. She takes time to listen to and answer all questions. In three separate visits I was guided through the processes I will face and was given information about all of my options for planning a family at this current stage of my life...My test results indicated that it is likely to expect 3-5 eggs can be retrieved and Dr. Browne explained that best chances for a pregnancy could be expected by choosing to fertilize with donor sperm at or just after the time of retrieval rather than to just freeze the eggs for fertilization at a later time.
[Kindbody] Strengths: Organized, Welcoming, Comfortable warm space. Receptionist was kind and accomodating. Very clean. Weaknesses: They don't offer evening appointments or appointments outside normal business hours...They [nurses at Kindbody] were delightful, answered all my questions, seemed happy to be there and proud to be part of the company. Made me feel confident that I would be well taken care of.
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
Dr. Browne is concise, gentle and compassionate. She takes time to listen to and answer all questions. In three separate visits I was guided through the processes I will face and was given information about all of my options for planning a family at this current stage of my life.
Don't hesitate to ask all questions and be sure to communicate all of your concerns because she is extremely knowledgeable.
Dr. Browne spoke to me like someone who was concerned that I was unsure what I was facing.
I have not yet gone beyond the consultation and testing phase of the treatment process. Dr. Browne has suggested a course of treatment that includes taking estrogen at first and then following that with a full course of IVF hormones. My test results indicated that it is likely to expect 3-5 eggs can be retrieved and Dr. Browne explained that best chances for a pregnancy could be expected by choosing to fertilize with donor sperm at or just after the time of retrieval rather than to just freeze the eggs for fertilization at a later time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
They were delightful, answered all my questions, seemed happy to be there and proud to be part of the company. Made me feel confident that I would be well taken care of.
Projected costs: $21,000-$25,000
Describe Hyacinth Nicole Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody.
No Comment

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Browne is smart. I mean that in the most sincere way. She doesn't sugar coat things, however, she was optimistic and was thorough in testing for any obstacles (my previous RE neglected to do a saline sonogram which she did and found polyps) to maximize chances of success. ... I'm over 40, with diminished ovarian reserve. My previous cycle (day 3 fresh transfer with high doses of Menopur and Follistim) failed. Rather than upping the dose of injections, she went the opposite direction and did mini-IVF with only Follistim and Letrozole. I wasn't going to make a lot of eggs so she believed overstimming would fry the eggs.
The clinic [Kindbody] is women-led, women-run and centrally located in the Flatiron. The staff members are competent and caring. The IVF instructions and appointments are all accessible via a patient portal. Honestly, I can't think of a weakness at this point. ... I was in contact with Anna the most during my cycle. She coordinated my daily injections and scheduled all of my monitoring visits
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Kindbody?
She talks a little fast, so pay attention. You can almost see her thinking, analyzing.
She was kind, patient, and answered all of my questions thoroughly without judgment.
I'm over 40, with diminished ovarian reserve. My previous cycle (day 3 fresh transfer with high doses of Menopur and Follistim) failed. Rather than upping the dose of injections, she went the opposite direction and did mini-IVF with only Follistim and Letrozole. I wasn't going to make a lot of eggs so she believed overstimming would fry the eggs. Results were the same as the first cycle with a different RE. 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, two made it to day 3, however, they both arrested before day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
I was in contact with Anna the most during my cycle. She coordinated my daily injections and scheduled all of my monitoring visits.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
The clinic is women-led, women-run and centrally located in the Flatiron. The staff members are competent and caring. The IVF instructions and appointments are all accessible via a patient portal. Honestly, I can't think of a weakness at this point.
prices are transparent on their website, but my cycle was covered by insurance.
She only does single embryo transfers.
NYC Flatiron

Never saw or spoke to [Dr. Seungdamrong]. She blindly prescribed my medication protocol and I was given vague, cookie-cutter instructions by "care navigators" and nurses. I felt very unsafe with this lack of physician interaction so I decided to seek a second opinion at a more reputable clinic...I continually requested to speak with the physician but was never able to get a hold of her.
All of the nurses and other staff are very nice and friendly and seem to be doing their best, but each visit or phone call left me feeling so confused and uncomfortable...egg freezing costs $6500 per cycle (not including meds)...Kindbody is great in theory by attempting to modernize fertility care and make it more accessible and empowering to young professional women. The clinic is beautiful and super instagram-able, but it seems they're focusing too much on their cool, millennial aesthetic.
How was your experience with Aimee Seungdamrong at Kindbody?
Never saw or spoke to her. She blindly prescribed my medication protocol and I was given vague, cookie-cutter instructions by "care navigators" and nurses. I felt very unsafe with this lack of physician interaction so I decided to seek a second opinion at a more reputable clinic.
Good luck trying to get in touch with her or any other physician at Kindbody.
This clinic is extremely disorganized and treated me completely like a number. I never saw or spoke to this physician or any other physician at Kindbody. I was trying to freeze my eggs, and over the course of a few months, was given confusing and misleading instructions by "care navigators" and "nurses", who I'm honestly not even sure if/what their credentials were. I continually requested to speak with the physician but was never able to get a hold of her. She even prescribed me a full protocol of fertility medications without her ever seeing me or reviewing my current medication list--I even had to specifically call and make sure that she reviewed them prior to my initiating the injections....that was the biggest red flag that prompted me to seek a second opinion.
Describe your experience with Kindbody.
Kindbody is great in theory by attempting to modernize fertility care and make it more accessible and empowering to young professional women. The clinic is beautiful and super instagram-able, but it seems they're focusing too much on their cool, millennial aesthetic. Most importantly, they put far too much responsibility on nurses and the (unknown credentialed) care navigators, with seemingly minimal oversight by physicians. While this may be financially beneficial to the company, it poses an extreme risk to the patients.
egg freezing costs $6500 per cycle (not including meds). Since I didn't proceed with my cycle, but got some bloodwork and ultrasounds done at the clinic, I'm not sure yet what I will be charged....
Describe Aimee Seungdamrong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody.
Aimee Seungdamrong