Kindbody San Francisco

88 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94104
628.777.7064

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr.Foyouzi was incredibly caring, knowledgeable, warm and communicative...was the only reason we stayed with Kindbody. She explained to us her thinkin and was willing to adjust the protocol as needed...expertise, availability and warmth somewhat made up for all the inaccuracies in billing, clin ops and the portal.
Our overall experience with Kindbody clinic was really bad...The people we had interacted with in person were wonderful but the billing team was horrendous and incredibly difficult to deal with...portal tends to be very inaccurate...You need to always double check and triple check the dosage on portal vs with the team. This was an unnecessary and stressful burden.
How was your experience with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr. Foyouzi and Angela was the only reason we stayed with Kindbody. She explained to us her thinkin and was willing to adjust the protocol as needed. Their expertise, availability and warmth somewhat made up for all the inaccuracies in billing, clin ops and the portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr.Foyouzi was incredibly caring, knowledgeable, warm and communicative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Angela Cheung)
Angela was always available and there to answer and clarify questions.
Describe your experience with Kindbody San Francisco.
Our overall experience with Kindbody clinic was really bad. So just to clarify. The people we had interacted with in person were wonderful but the billing team was horrendous and incredibly difficult to deal with. They were trying to charge me 4500 USD for a PGT-A that we didn't do. They kept emailing me until I had told them to just check with the clinical team to verify that I did not get PGT-A for an embryo. They then adjusted the charge to 1900 because they realized they overcharged me with my office visits. If you chose kindbody, you need to always double check charges and compare it with your insurance company. They also submitted the wrong approval to our insurance company. Also their portal tends to be very inaccurate and doesn't follow the actual instructions and dosage given by the nursing team. You need to always double check and triple check the dosage on portal vs with the team. This was an unnecessary and stressful burden.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco.
Costs are reasonable and affordable
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody San Francisco?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody San Francisco.
Here are specific examples of what went wrong if people want to see 1) Discrepancies in Medication Instructions - We experienced several discrepancies in instructions between Portal vs. Medical Instructions. One of these discrepancies led to confusion on instructions for the initial Frozen Embryo transfer that resulted in its cancellation. In person instructions: I was told to take Endometrin on Thursday 12/9 Portal instructions: Take Endometrin on 12/7. Outcome: I messaged kindbody to double check why I was getting two different instructions andthe nurse on call clarified the correct start date was 12/9. Messaged instructions: I was told to take Progesterone in oil 1x per day Portal instructions: Take it 3x per day. Outcome: Angela responded and said to take progesterone in oil 1x per day and then sent a message for someone to correct the portal dashboard message. Messaged instructions: I was cleared to take 200 mg Utogestran Portal instructions: Take 100 mg endometrin. Outcome: I messaged the Kindbody team, who consulted Dr. Foyouzi. They responded with an instruction to take 1 x 200mg Utogestran that morning. After inserting the Utogestran, I then received another call telling me not to take Utogestran any more, but by that point it was too late. Since I had already taken it, I was advised to not take any more and to switch to progesterone in oil every day from the next day. Portal Instructions: 1 x 50mg/day. The full dosage instruction of 50mg (1ML) was only visible when clicking on the notes section of the dashboard or looking at the full messages sent by the nurse in a different section of the portal, but was not listed on the dashboard message to acknowledge instructions. Outcome: As the syringe had a marked scale from 1-3, my husband assumed that a 50mg dose must correspond to 0.5 ML on the scale. This led to me getting half the dosage I needed and therefore a canceled transfer. Second egg retrieval. Dashboard instructions: Take 375 IU of Folistim In person instructions on Friday prior: 300 IU of Folistim Resolution: I messaged through the portal and it was clarified that the correct dose was 300 IU Medical Billing - Incorrect insurance authorizations and charge for a procedure we did not do. After waiting a week for the medical billing team to submit preauthorization for a second cycle, I received a call from WIN fertility (my insurance) saying I was approved for embryo freezing instead of a second IVF cycle. I called Kindbody to inform them of this mistake. They corrected it the next day and after repeated calls to WIN Fertility to fast track the application I was able to get an approval for a second IVF cycle, but was barely able to get drugs delivered in time. I received a message from billing charging us 4500 USD for a PGT in October that was not performed or authorized. I was contacted by three different people asking me to authorize the charge to my credit card. It required 4 emails and 2 left voicemails to those 3 different people before this was finally corrected and the charge removed. The insurance preapproval form to WINFertility should have been submitted Thursday 23 December, but was not submitted until Tues 28 Dec. Outcome: This resulted in a delayed shipping of the time sensitive Prometrium and Ovidrel prescriptions. After multiple lengthy and stressful calls back and forth between WINFertility and Optum Rx, during which they at first refused to transfer the prescription since the drugs were already in transit, the Prometrium prescription was ultimately able to be switched to our local Walgreens. Ovidrel had to be borrowed from Kindbody and replaced when it finally arrived at our home address.
Nastaran Foyouzi