Kindbody San Francisco

Los Altos, CA 94022
650-445-4724

1 patient review filtered by:

2020 - 2021, 2 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Foyouzi was very caring and because my first egg freezing cycle resulted in zero eggs, she knew my situation was dire...patiently answered my questions through Kindbody's portal, and sometimes called me late in her day to explain...During the 1st egg freezing cycle she asked if I wanted to stop midway since there were few follicles, but I wanted to go through with it in case we could get any viable eggs.
How was your experience with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr. Foyouzi and I knew I had DOR and a very low follicle count. During the 1st egg freezing cycle she asked if I wanted to stop midway since there were few follicles, but I wanted to go through with it in case we could get any viable eggs. In the end I didn't get any viable eggs from the first cycle. Since I purchased 3 egg freezing cycles upfront, I continued on to my 2nd egg freezing cycle, of course knowing the risks. I had so many questions before and during the 2nd cycle about what we could do to increase my chances and Dr. Foyouzi patiently answered my questions through Kindbody's portal, and sometimes called me late in her day to explain. At the end of the 2nd egg freezing cycle I had 3 eggs on the day of retrieval and 2 were viable and frozen down. From that 2nd egg freezing cycle, I actually found out I was pregnant! They tell you not to have sex during these cycles and obviously this is why, haha. Kindbody asked me to come in for an ultrasound that Dr. Foyouzi administered. She was ecstatic about the pregnancy, but I was not as (back then) my partner was not on board and I was not planning to raise a child by myself. I cried to her at the ultrasound appointment since I was actually considering to abort it. Dr. Foyouzi told me that of course it was fully my choice what I wanted to do, but she said that she wanted to have kids, however now at her age she could not have them and regrets it. She saw it as a miracle for me, and it really is since I have stage 4 endometriosis and DOR. She had little hope that the egg freezing we were doing would amount to anything, and it was clear... I only had 2 viable eggs. The chances were really slim. After my talk with Dr. Foyouzi and a nurse (Angela) at Kindbody, I decided to go through with the pregnancy. It was really the compassion that Dr. Foyouzi and Angela showed that made me change my mind. They made me realize that women are stronger than we know, and that we could make it happen if we wanted it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Ask a lot of questions! She will do her best to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr. Foyouzi was very caring and because my first egg freezing cycle resulted in zero eggs, she knew my situation was dire. She and others at Kindbody discussed how to do my 2nd egg freezing cycle based on my DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela was the nurse assigned to me at Kindbody. On her first week, I had my egg retrieval and she sat and waited with me to be picked up after the retrieval. She was always very attentive and compassionate. After my retrieval, I still didn't get my period within the 2 weeks as expected. I messaged Kindbody and Angela asked me to come in for bloodwork to be done. The same day she called me to deliver the surprising news that I was actually pregnant. I was not planning to have a child at the time, and definitely not by myself so the news was really hard to deal with. I came in to Kindbody for an ultrasound and caught up with Angela. I had a heart-to-heart talk with her and she told me about her story of being a mom and how unexpected things happened in her journey. But, she was able to move on and she told me that I could do it alone if I wanted to. I saw how strong she was and after that visit, I knew I could also be a single mom and handle this pregnancy. Thank you, Angela!!
Describe your experience with Kindbody San Francisco.
The entire Kindbody support staff was always very kind. Everyone I encountered - the front desk, the phlebotomists, Erica the PA, the sonographers,... I looked forward to my appointments because people were supportive and every appointment was a step forward in my journey. One of the clinic's strengths are that there are multiple locations. I was going to be traveling during one of my egg freezing cycles and they contacted the Kindbody location in NJ to schedule a blood draw there for me. My work trip was cancelled so I never had to go to the Kindbody in NJ, but I was glad they could arrange for that. Also, now that I've moved to Mountain View, CA, there is a Kindbody location in Los Altos that I will go to moving forward since I have one more egg freezing cycle to go. I also like that they are transparent with pricing. This is how it should be! They have it on their website. I don't understand why others don't have it this way. I'm kind of scratching my head to come up with a weakness of Kindbody. They have expanded quickly in the last few years, but they are utilizing economies of scale. I haven't encountered issues yet, and I hope it continues that way! For new patients - if there are ever any questions, most communication is done through the Kindbody portal. They also have an app that is useful for making appointments and for messaging. One downside of Kindbody and the app is that not all of the detailed information about my egg freezing cycles were released immediately. For example, they recorded the # of follicles counted at each ultrasound however I never saw that # in any of my records. I think even to this day the information is difficult to find.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kindbody San Francisco.
Monitoring appointments were really efficient and always done in the mornings. They squeezed me in when they were able to based on their patient load.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco.
All costs are listed on Kindbody's website.
Nastaran Foyouzi