Genetic counseling: Offered
718.736.2218
Staten Island
4855 Hylan Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10312
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kofinas Fertility Group to a friend?

7.1

7.3

View fewer doctors
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group]. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
Staten Island

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everyone [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. ... Overall the staff [Kofinas Fertility] were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. ... Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. ...
Latino, Middle Eastern
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall the staff were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. Calls are returned in a timely manner and you get your instructions before you leave. You do have to wait in the mornings for monitoring but nothing out of the ordinary from the other 4 REs I’ve been to. I will definitely return for future cycles if I need to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Kofinas was very kind. He was interested in explaining what others called unexplained infertility. His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR.
They were very helpful. Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. They would inject your morning meds if needed. The surgery coordinator Jessica was great. They weren’t overly/fake friendly either. The were efficient and wanted be sure you had all you needed before leaving the office.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. He and Dr. Montes were kind and taylored my medications to me. It wasn’t just a standard all patients get the same protocol. My meds, my doses were specific to my needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
His main goal is to get you pregnant. The other doctors in the practice all work under his supervision. Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. They were efficient in turning the patients over while giving each person there needed time. You will have to wait that is how it is. I've been to 5 different offices and they all have the same walk-in monitoring format.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have medical insurance which covered most of the process. The medications was a range on quantity. You should know they only accept cash for medication. Co-pays, facility charges, PGS testing a credit card is ok but medication only cash.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
At Dr. Kofinas office [Kofinas Fertility Group] all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests. ... The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very welcoming and always tries to answer all of your questions. The office at Dr. George Kofinas is very spacious and very well situated. They have couches chairs and plants situated very nicely in the waiting room. I was very pleased waiting there, usually I'm nervous at appointments however sonething about this place made me feel welcomed. One thing that could be a downside is the doctor you get might not be in on the days and time you may need. The work hours are from I believe 7 am to 5pm. I know for me it was a bit hard to schedule appointments around my work schedule, however thank God I was able to make appointments to see such amazing and kindhearted doctors who really listen to your stories and try to help you in the best way they can. The blood work if I'm correct is all done in the morning. I found that sometimes you can be placed on hold for awhile and sometimes it would be too long that you would just hang up and call back again. The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability. I would definitely recommend this team of doctors and nursing staff to anyone who is looking to start a family. The doctors here are reliable and always try to get back to you if you call or answer any questions you may have. I was recommended from girls I used to work with because they have had success stories of getting pregnant with Dr. kofinas so I said hey what do I have to lose. I am happy I gave myself a chance I'm just sad because we don't have the necessary funding to make our dreams come true. I am continuously praying and hoping for a miracle everyday because I would love to start a family of my own. I believe everyone deserves a chance at that. I would definitely recommend this office and wonderful team of doctors to anyone who wants or has dreams to start a family. They have many successful patients I am only hoping to add to that number of successes they have had over many many years.
At Dr. Kofinas office all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests.
The nurses were very welcoming and explained all the steps and what was going to be done whenever I had a visit.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. I have people I used to work with that went to him and had success stories so I was really hoping to have this opportunity to have my chance to become a mom. The biggest problem is that it is so costly 25,000 and I can't afford it because I support both my parents and work full time. It's very hard for me.
Put your trust and your dreams into Dr. Kofinas hands, he will assure you you are in the right hands.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I had sonograms and a biopsy test done to tell if I can become pregnant. The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm. The tests were going to tell me if I had any chance to try and become pregnant. I remember going in for the results and we were so nervous but the doctor told us we can get pregnant that the results came back and I would carry most likely to term and the cervix size looked good and all that. We were ecstatic however out dreams got shattered when we found out the cost of it. We really want to become parents its really hard to save when we are supporting both of my parents. Wish we could find our miracle.
It cost us over $2,000 for consultation, sonograms and biopsy. The total of the procedure we need is 25,000 plus additional charges I seen on the paper for egg retrieval and other things .

PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were great about helping me order my meds...The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins...They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic...[staff] showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses [Kofinas Fertility Group] need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations. I myself didn’t particularly care for that but I think some people do not care.
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. Amazing. I don’t feel like cattle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and another wonderful primary nurse.)
Wonderful kind accommodating helpful. It was as if I was getting everything for free or I had already paid everything in full. Truly a great team.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy. I would like to be told at all times why a cycle is cancelled. When I don’t know I get stressed out.
Ask questions, ask questions ask questions. Feel comfortable asking, it’s your life it’s your baby’s life. No question is too stupid. Tell the doctor how you feel about the process and how it’s affecting you. Don’t be superwoman. They are your medical caregivers and they are also your support outside of home. They are warm people so don’t be shy. Also book early appointments or you could wait esp when it’s close to a holiday weekend.
I used progesterone for a few days then stopped that and began clomid based on blood tests. Then clomid and Cetrotide then clomid, cetrotide and menopur. Then trigger shot. Then gonal and I can’t remembwr the rest. My follicles grew, they matured nicely as planned and they fertilized on their own. They made it to day 5 blastocysts. They didn’t pass the genetics test.
It was not a cattle call. I don’t like that word “cattle”, who came up with that word to describe human beings? Anyhow, it was a well oiled machine. I l have been seeing Dr Kofinas for four months, my first procedure being in January 2019 I have only had a long wait (over 40 minutes) three times and I went there a lot.
My insurance covers $10000. The rest I paid
Endometriosis, PCOS
My nurse [at Kofinas Fertility] for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful...One of their strengths would be they don't have a set appointment schedule between the hours of 7-9am. So you can just walk right in and be seen by a doctor or a nurse for blood draws. They are also very welcoming. When it comes to weaknesses I would say one is that it does take a while to hear back from them if you leave a message for a nurse or doctor. Calling in for results usually ends up an all day game of phone tag. Other than that I love this facility and would recommend it to anyone ttc.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain. I appreciated that because other doctors would just poke and prod me like cattle. He wasn't my regular doctor at first, but after my doctor quit the facility I made it my business to request him for each of my visits thereafter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
My nurse for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful. No matter how nerve wrecking the appointment she'd manage to calm me. The day I found out I'd need surgery she was there and managed to ease all the fear within me. There are a few really great nurses there but she's definitely one of the best.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B hit it off with me right from the start. When I first started my journey with Kofinas Institute I originally had another doctor. She had gotten pregnant and was having complications so majority of the time she'd be on leave. They tried to fit me in with another doctor but she was very cold. Like ice. So I requested another doctor. That's when I met Dr.B. From the start he was kind and talkative. I was just about to do my 2nd IUI (of a back to back IUI process) and was completely shaken up as my first IUI had gone terribly just 2 days prior. He made me so relaxed that I barely even felt the catheter go through. He even let me know about my tilted uterus which no other doctor had ever informed me. Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He likes to talk so be prepared to listen.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Prior to being under the care of Dr.B I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and d&c because an HSG exam did not work for me. While inside they found a large mass weighing down my left Fallopian tube which they removed. They also found endometriosis stage 1 which they too removed. My tubes were reportedly open and I was give. The green light to begin ttc again. 2 weeks after surgery I started my first round of Clomid 50mgs. It failed. After that I did 3 more cycles of Clomid 50mgs. Ovulation didn't occur and pregnancy wasn't achieved. I was told I would need to go the route of injections. While under the care of Dr.B I was on a 75iu then 125iu of Gonal-F switching everyday for about 2 weeks. I'd go in every other day for an ultrasound and blood draws. When my eggs matured I was given the OK to do my trigger shot of Novarel. 2 days after triggering I went in for my IUI. I did this routine for 4 months. Each cycle was a failed attempt and none achieved pregnancy. After my final IUI I was told by Dr.B during a consult visit that IVF would be my last hope at achieving a pregnancy. Since then we've been trying but struggling to save up our pennies to make that happen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My copay was $50 per visit. I had to visit every other day for 3 weeks per month. My injections out of pocket were $80 per injection. I used about 21 injections per cycle. Those were the only costs I had to endure during my past treatments.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt like Kofinas was all about numbers and making money and not about who we were. Like our dreams were being used....It is well located and in a relatively reputable hospital. They overdo the visits and blood tests and charge too much to the health insurance. this makes IVF sound expensive and make it inaccessible to the general population....It was all about waiting for hours. It took up so much time and they asked you to come in three times a week. It is very difficult to have a working life and add that to the schedule.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
They were different all the time. It was difficult to get them on the phone for results. We always felt like we were bothering them.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
We felt like she only cared about certain people. Like there was no hope for us so she didn't invest in us. We only had the means for us to do one fresh cycle and one FET. She was pushing us to carry out PGS but we didn't have the money and at that point we felt like she stopped being interested.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
You need to have a lot of time on your hands because you need to wait hours and go in to the hospital at least 3 times a week. Also, be more assertive as we let Dr Montes guide us and we should have made our own decisions.
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I don't remember much but there were very high doses of clomid, menipur (6 vials a day), cetrotide as well. Then clexane, steroids, antibiotics. It was a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It was 20000 per ICSI cycle
Describe Melissa Montes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I agree with single embryo transfers as I understand the risks of multiple births.
Melissa Montes
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility] is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.... So far I have not had much interaction with the nurses other than my office visits but they have always been very informative and friendly.... Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.
Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one. He assured us he would do his best to try and find the reason we were unable to conceive after all this time. He agreed we should exhaust all diagnostics before moving forward with any treatments like IUI or IVF.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
So far we have just done a consult, ultrasounds, blood work, an endometrial biopsy and an exploratory laparoscopy that found and removed stage 2 endometriosis. He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
no cycles done yet
Unfortunately, Dr kofinas is out of network so there have been more costs than with my other clinic. However, I have been aware of all out of pocket costs prior to any procedure.

2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.... This doctor's policy is to only transfer a single embryo as far as I am aware but this could be specifics of my particular case.
2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.
I was explained everything when requested and received attention as human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Very compassionate and responsible.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I had 4 IVF cycles at the other clinic without success and had to obtain donor eggs. Dr. Kofinas was very thorough in checking for genetic mutations and addressing all possible issues. Dr. Kofinas was very confident in the treatments offered and delivered the results discussed.
Follow his directions precisely and you will get the result promised.
Protocol for treating patients with immunological issues included many medications such as Lovenox, Metformin, and Prednisone in addition to regular stimulation medications such as Menopure and Gonal-F, Lupron, and Cetrodide.
It was convenient and on time
I have an insurance that covers fertility treatments.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Doctors and front desk staff [at Kofinas Fertility] are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great...they [nurses] make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Doctors and front desk staff are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great 👍🏽
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She has always ask how I am doing after every failed cycle.
There nice, they make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
My experience with Dr Narine is overall good. She always answers my questions, the only thing that I advise please ask questions to make sure you get your answer kind of be your own doctor as well and let her know your concerns
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Ask question be your on advocate
Describe the protocols Levica Narine used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I’ve had 5 medicated cycles, 4 were timed intercourse and one IUI with clomid, trigger shot HCG and progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Insurance covers everything IUI related . Being monitored with blood work, ultrasounds, trigger shot, clomid with just copays coinsurance and deductibles.
Levica Narine
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.

4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin...Their administration handles too many cases with too few employees. This is probably how they are able to keep costs low, but the organization suffers as a result...They [monitoring appointments] are usually relatively quick and painless...Everything is a la carte and adds up quickly. Prices are on the low end, but they increase often.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Excellent doctors, overworked staff, and very unorganized administration. They do excellent work, but be prepared for long waits on return emails with their financial dept and be on top of your bills, because they are known to accidentally double bill.
He is thorough, kind, and patient. One of the best bedside manners of any doctor we've ever dealt with.
They are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He always took the time to answer all questions thoroughly and with compassion. He never left us with any doubts. He was very kind but didn't sugarcoat, so we still trusted his opinion. An excellent and straightforward doctor.
What you see is what you get.
Dr. B never came up with our treatment strategies himself. He was a facilitator but not a planner.
They are usually relatively quick and painless
Describe Peter Brzechffa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He is not a proponent of multiple embryo transfer. Anytime we brought it up, he always expressed a negative opinion about it.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The doctors [at Kofinas Fertility Group] are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful...She [nurse] was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make...Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The doctors are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful.........................................................................................
I felt like human more so because my case was complicated and landed me in the hospital for extended stays. Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times. Always offering comfort in whatever way possible.
She was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Always took the time to listen and is patient. She at time resorted to the lead doctor to make the final decision...................................................................
You should follow her instructions religiously
Appx 20K
Describe Levica Narine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My doctor was very concerned about me and tried at all cost to avoid complications. She was adamant about transferring one at a time
Levica Narine

2012
They [the staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant. He [the doctor] was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).
2012
the doctor was very personable. during embryo implantation (retreival and implantation always done by kofinas, i believe) we discussed the pelopenisan wars. i always felt treated like a person there.
They were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).
Brooklyn

I am beyond happy with the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them...The nursing staff is lovely, personable and friendly. Their aim is to have you in and out in a timely manner and they are competent in explaining eg. medication and care instructions... Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: top of the line lab and high success rate. Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.
At Kofinas, all of the doctors and nurses are friendly, responsive, and encouraging and ready to answer all questions and concerns. I had gone to multiple other clinics for consultations prior to choosing Kofinas and they had the most competent staff from what I've seen.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
With a low AMH, it matters to have every single egg retrieved and frozen. Not only were they able to retrieve what was a high number for my case, but they were also able to correct the course of my treatment during a cycle where most follicles weren't growing half-way through.
Meet them! I am beyond happy with the clinic and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them.