Genetic counseling: Offered
718.736.2218
Staten Island
4855 Hylan Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10312
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kofinas Fertility Group to a friend?

7.1

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. ... Overall the staff [Kofinas Fertility] were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. ... Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. ...
Latino, Middle Eastern
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall the staff were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. Calls are returned in a timely manner and you get your instructions before you leave. You do have to wait in the mornings for monitoring but nothing out of the ordinary from the other 4 REs I’ve been to. I will definitely return for future cycles if I need to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Kofinas was very kind. He was interested in explaining what others called unexplained infertility. His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR.
They were very helpful. Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. They would inject your morning meds if needed. The surgery coordinator Jessica was great. They weren’t overly/fake friendly either. The were efficient and wanted be sure you had all you needed before leaving the office.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. He and Dr. Montes were kind and taylored my medications to me. It wasn’t just a standard all patients get the same protocol. My meds, my doses were specific to my needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
His main goal is to get you pregnant. The other doctors in the practice all work under his supervision. Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. They were efficient in turning the patients over while giving each person there needed time. You will have to wait that is how it is. I've been to 5 different offices and they all have the same walk-in monitoring format.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have medical insurance which covered most of the process. The medications was a range on quantity. You should know they only accept cash for medication. Co-pays, facility charges, PGS testing a credit card is ok but medication only cash.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
At Dr. Kofinas office [Kofinas Fertility Group] all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests. ... The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very welcoming and always tries to answer all of your questions. The office at Dr. George Kofinas is very spacious and very well situated. They have couches chairs and plants situated very nicely in the waiting room. I was very pleased waiting there, usually I'm nervous at appointments however sonething about this place made me feel welcomed. One thing that could be a downside is the doctor you get might not be in on the days and time you may need. The work hours are from I believe 7 am to 5pm. I know for me it was a bit hard to schedule appointments around my work schedule, however thank God I was able to make appointments to see such amazing and kindhearted doctors who really listen to your stories and try to help you in the best way they can. The blood work if I'm correct is all done in the morning. I found that sometimes you can be placed on hold for awhile and sometimes it would be too long that you would just hang up and call back again. The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability. I would definitely recommend this team of doctors and nursing staff to anyone who is looking to start a family. The doctors here are reliable and always try to get back to you if you call or answer any questions you may have. I was recommended from girls I used to work with because they have had success stories of getting pregnant with Dr. kofinas so I said hey what do I have to lose. I am happy I gave myself a chance I'm just sad because we don't have the necessary funding to make our dreams come true. I am continuously praying and hoping for a miracle everyday because I would love to start a family of my own. I believe everyone deserves a chance at that. I would definitely recommend this office and wonderful team of doctors to anyone who wants or has dreams to start a family. They have many successful patients I am only hoping to add to that number of successes they have had over many many years.
At Dr. Kofinas office all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests.
The nurses were very welcoming and explained all the steps and what was going to be done whenever I had a visit.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. I have people I used to work with that went to him and had success stories so I was really hoping to have this opportunity to have my chance to become a mom. The biggest problem is that it is so costly 25,000 and I can't afford it because I support both my parents and work full time. It's very hard for me.
Put your trust and your dreams into Dr. Kofinas hands, he will assure you you are in the right hands.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I had sonograms and a biopsy test done to tell if I can become pregnant. The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm. The tests were going to tell me if I had any chance to try and become pregnant. I remember going in for the results and we were so nervous but the doctor told us we can get pregnant that the results came back and I would carry most likely to term and the cervix size looked good and all that. We were ecstatic however out dreams got shattered when we found out the cost of it. We really want to become parents its really hard to save when we are supporting both of my parents. Wish we could find our miracle.
It cost us over $2,000 for consultation, sonograms and biopsy. The total of the procedure we need is 25,000 plus additional charges I seen on the paper for egg retrieval and other things .

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses [Kofinas Fertility Group] need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations. I myself didn’t particularly care for that but I think some people do not care.
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. Amazing. I don’t feel like cattle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and another wonderful primary nurse.)
Wonderful kind accommodating helpful. It was as if I was getting everything for free or I had already paid everything in full. Truly a great team.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy. I would like to be told at all times why a cycle is cancelled. When I don’t know I get stressed out.
Ask questions, ask questions ask questions. Feel comfortable asking, it’s your life it’s your baby’s life. No question is too stupid. Tell the doctor how you feel about the process and how it’s affecting you. Don’t be superwoman. They are your medical caregivers and they are also your support outside of home. They are warm people so don’t be shy. Also book early appointments or you could wait esp when it’s close to a holiday weekend.
I used progesterone for a few days then stopped that and began clomid based on blood tests. Then clomid and Cetrotide then clomid, cetrotide and menopur. Then trigger shot. Then gonal and I can’t remembwr the rest. My follicles grew, they matured nicely as planned and they fertilized on their own. They made it to day 5 blastocysts. They didn’t pass the genetics test.
It was not a cattle call. I don’t like that word “cattle”, who came up with that word to describe human beings? Anyhow, it was a well oiled machine. I l have been seeing Dr Kofinas for four months, my first procedure being in January 2019 I have only had a long wait (over 40 minutes) three times and I went there a lot.
My insurance covers $10000. The rest I paid
Lower Manhattan
Endometriosis, PCOS
My nurse [at Kofinas Fertility] for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful...One of their strengths would be they don't have a set appointment schedule between the hours of 7-9am. So you can just walk right in and be seen by a doctor or a nurse for blood draws. They are also very welcoming. When it comes to weaknesses I would say one is that it does take a while to hear back from them if you leave a message for a nurse or doctor. Calling in for results usually ends up an all day game of phone tag. Other than that I love this facility and would recommend it to anyone ttc.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain. I appreciated that because other doctors would just poke and prod me like cattle. He wasn't my regular doctor at first, but after my doctor quit the facility I made it my business to request him for each of my visits thereafter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
My nurse for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful. No matter how nerve wrecking the appointment she'd manage to calm me. The day I found out I'd need surgery she was there and managed to ease all the fear within me. There are a few really great nurses there but she's definitely one of the best.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B hit it off with me right from the start. When I first started my journey with Kofinas Institute I originally had another doctor. She had gotten pregnant and was having complications so majority of the time she'd be on leave. They tried to fit me in with another doctor but she was very cold. Like ice. So I requested another doctor. That's when I met Dr.B. From the start he was kind and talkative. I was just about to do my 2nd IUI (of a back to back IUI process) and was completely shaken up as my first IUI had gone terribly just 2 days prior. He made me so relaxed that I barely even felt the catheter go through. He even let me know about my tilted uterus which no other doctor had ever informed me. Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He likes to talk so be prepared to listen.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Prior to being under the care of Dr.B I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and d&c because an HSG exam did not work for me. While inside they found a large mass weighing down my left Fallopian tube which they removed. They also found endometriosis stage 1 which they too removed. My tubes were reportedly open and I was give. The green light to begin ttc again. 2 weeks after surgery I started my first round of Clomid 50mgs. It failed. After that I did 3 more cycles of Clomid 50mgs. Ovulation didn't occur and pregnancy wasn't achieved. I was told I would need to go the route of injections. While under the care of Dr.B I was on a 75iu then 125iu of Gonal-F switching everyday for about 2 weeks. I'd go in every other day for an ultrasound and blood draws. When my eggs matured I was given the OK to do my trigger shot of Novarel. 2 days after triggering I went in for my IUI. I did this routine for 4 months. Each cycle was a failed attempt and none achieved pregnancy. After my final IUI I was told by Dr.B during a consult visit that IVF would be my last hope at achieving a pregnancy. Since then we've been trying but struggling to save up our pennies to make that happen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My copay was $50 per visit. I had to visit every other day for 3 weeks per month. My injections out of pocket were $80 per injection. I used about 21 injections per cycle. Those were the only costs I had to endure during my past treatments.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.... This doctor's policy is to only transfer a single embryo as far as I am aware but this could be specifics of my particular case.
2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.
I was explained everything when requested and received attention as human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Very compassionate and responsible.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I had 4 IVF cycles at the other clinic without success and had to obtain donor eggs. Dr. Kofinas was very thorough in checking for genetic mutations and addressing all possible issues. Dr. Kofinas was very confident in the treatments offered and delivered the results discussed.
Follow his directions precisely and you will get the result promised.
Protocol for treating patients with immunological issues included many medications such as Lovenox, Metformin, and Prednisone in addition to regular stimulation medications such as Menopure and Gonal-F, Lupron, and Cetrodide.
It was convenient and on time
I have an insurance that covers fertility treatments.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Doctors and front desk staff [at Kofinas Fertility] are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great...they [nurses] make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Doctors and front desk staff are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great 👍🏽
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She has always ask how I am doing after every failed cycle.
There nice, they make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
My experience with Dr Narine is overall good. She always answers my questions, the only thing that I advise please ask questions to make sure you get your answer kind of be your own doctor as well and let her know your concerns
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Ask question be your on advocate
Describe the protocols Levica Narine used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I’ve had 5 medicated cycles, 4 were timed intercourse and one IUI with clomid, trigger shot HCG and progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Insurance covers everything IUI related . Being monitored with blood work, ultrasounds, trigger shot, clomid with just copays coinsurance and deductibles.
Levica Narine
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.

4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin...Their administration handles too many cases with too few employees. This is probably how they are able to keep costs low, but the organization suffers as a result...They [monitoring appointments] are usually relatively quick and painless...Everything is a la carte and adds up quickly. Prices are on the low end, but they increase often.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Excellent doctors, overworked staff, and very unorganized administration. They do excellent work, but be prepared for long waits on return emails with their financial dept and be on top of your bills, because they are known to accidentally double bill.
He is thorough, kind, and patient. One of the best bedside manners of any doctor we've ever dealt with.
They are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He always took the time to answer all questions thoroughly and with compassion. He never left us with any doubts. He was very kind but didn't sugarcoat, so we still trusted his opinion. An excellent and straightforward doctor.
What you see is what you get.
Dr. B never came up with our treatment strategies himself. He was a facilitator but not a planner.
They are usually relatively quick and painless
Describe Peter Brzechffa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He is not a proponent of multiple embryo transfer. Anytime we brought it up, he always expressed a negative opinion about it.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The doctors [at Kofinas Fertility Group] are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful...She [nurse] was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make...Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The doctors are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful.........................................................................................
I felt like human more so because my case was complicated and landed me in the hospital for extended stays. Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times. Always offering comfort in whatever way possible.
She was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Always took the time to listen and is patient. She at time resorted to the lead doctor to make the final decision...................................................................
You should follow her instructions religiously
Appx 20K
Describe Levica Narine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My doctor was very concerned about me and tried at all cost to avoid complications. She was adamant about transferring one at a time
Levica Narine

2012
They [the staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant. He [the doctor] was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).
2012
the doctor was very personable. during embryo implantation (retreival and implantation always done by kofinas, i believe) we discussed the pelopenisan wars. i always felt treated like a person there.
They were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).