7.3

1550 Richmond Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
55 Central Park W

2022, 25 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Chatzicharalampous was nice but he was a little on the colder side...My appointments always felt a bit rushed...[he] would often be standing up and ready to leave instead of asking if I had any more questions - as such, I would have to scramble a bit to ensure I got his attention and had my questions answered before he was up and out...My one desire is that he just took more time to explain the process, explain what was coming next, set loose expectations even if they might change etc. and to ensure questions are always answered before rushing out.
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is clean and the staff is overall quite friendly. My only note is I was very taken aback my first monitoring visit when I waited almost two hours before being seen...When I left I asked if this was common, and the front desk staff bluntly just said yes. No apologies for the inconvenience or anything like that...it would be courteous to warn people if they expect the appointments themselves to require 2+ hours.
How was your experience with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. C was nice but he was a little on the colder side. He did not necessarily have the warmest bed side manner and often came off like he was in a rush. My one desire is that he just took more time to explain the process, explain what was coming next, set loose expectations even if they might change etc. and to ensure questions are always answered before rushing out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Be proactive with questions and information you want about the process from the start since you might not get it without asking. I had a stellar outcome so I'm very happy with the care I received but looking back, I wish I asked more questions about the process, what it was doing to my body, what the WHOLE timeline looked like so I could have a sense of what to expect etc. because as time went on, I realized I wasn't going to get it with Dr. C without asking. And to be persistent because you might feel rushed through your questions but insist on taking your time to go through them all regardless.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
My appointments always felt a bit rushed. If I had questions, Dr. C would often be standing up and ready to leave instead of asking if I had any more questions - as such, I would have to scramble a bit to ensure I got his attention and had my questions answered before he was up and out. I also felt like I didn't get anything but the baseline information in each appointment, with info only going to the next time I come in. I never had a walk through of the whole process (i.e.: you'll be coming in every few days in the beginning and it will become more frequent toward the end. You can expect to start with 2 shots a night and ultimately go to 3 as the process progresses. Here are what the medicines are doing to your body to allow for this etc etc.) I went to a different fertility clinic for a consult that I didn't follow through with, but they were fantastic in explaining the science of what egg freezing entails and what the whole process looks like which was very comforting. While I overall had a good experience at Kofinas, this was my main piece of feedback - that a little more care can be put into shedding light on the WHOLE process from the beginning (most of what I knew about the specifics of the process I learned from another clinic or Google), and just a tiny bit more time taken during the appointments to remind/explain what can be expected beyond just the next appointment (even if it's subject to change, it helps to understand what is going on.)
Describe the protocols Charalampos Chatzicharalampous used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
-1 of each daily for a week (oral meds): 2mg Estradiol and 10 mg Medroxyprogesterone (This timed up with my cycle - the day the oral meds ended my period began - this would have been a cool process note the doctor could have shared to help set expectations and shed light on the process). -Injections started the day my cycle ended: 2 x 75 iu of Gonal, 1 x 75 iu of Menopur -After 5 days/on the morning of the 6th day, I was told to add a 25mg Cetritide injection in the morning, with 1 x 75 iu of Gonal and 2 x 75 iu of Menopur at night -On the 10th day I was told only to take the Cetritide shot in the morning, with the trigger shots for 1230am that evening (1 shot of HCG and 1 shot of Lupron) -On the 11th day (the day before the retrieval, I had 1 Lupron shot at 8am and 1 Lupron shot at 8pm. -My retrieval was on the 12th day Again, I am very very happy with the outcome - I was able to retrieve a comfortable number of eggs that has me feeling very good about the future, so the guidance and instruction from the doctors was very successful and I felt great the whole time. Just would've loved a bit more info and insight from the beginning and throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Kristine )
The nursing staff was very friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is clean and the staff is overall quite friendly. My only note is I was very taken aback my first monitoring visit when I waited almost two hours before being seen. (I arrived at 8:15 am and was not called into a room until 9:45 am. Then the doctor didn't come back until after 10am - I almost had to walk out because of work meetings. When I left I asked if this was common, and the front desk staff bluntly just said yes. No apologies for the inconvenience or anything like that. If that is common and is generally how mornings run, patients should be warned. I only block out about 2 hours from work for doctor appointments including commute time so it would be courteous to warn people if they expect the appointments themselves to require 2+ hours. The front desk staff could be a little blunt and brash at times, but overall they were fine and I'm sure they get a lot thrown at them throughout the day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I am still getting bills in but everything seems to have been properly processed to date.
Describe Charalampos Chatzicharalampous's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
This is echoing my other comments - there just wasn't a lot of light shed onto things without having to ask for them. I had to ask about a couple labs that were ordered. I got the info promptly after but I don't think I would have gotten the info without asking.

2021 - 2022, Successful
he [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] took a lot of time up front to understand our particular situation. We had already done one unsuccessful IVF cycle at another well-known and supposedly respected clinic. My partner is a testicular cancer survivor, requiring him to be on testosterone replacement therapy for 9 years resulting in a 0 sperm count...Dr. C listened to what we had been through, and recognized that my partner would most likely need a TESE procedure as his sperm count indicated probable sperm quality issues...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Very nice and clean facilities, convenient satellite offices where you are able to do monitoring and see the Doctor. Also, the embryology lab there is very very good...there are two finance departments it seems- one for the surgical center and one for the clinic- super confusing. In fact I thought I had paid in full ahead of time for my retrieval but it turned out I had only paid the surgical center portion and not the portion needed at the clinic...
I highly recommend Dr. C, he was kind, warm, friendly and funny. I always looked forward to seeing him during my visits and I was able to see him at almost all of my visits. Most importantly, he took a lot of time up front to understand our particular situation. We had already done one unsuccessful IVF cycle at another well-known and supposedly respected clinic. My partner is a testicular cancer survivor, requiring him to be on testosterone replacement therapy for 9 years resulting in a 0 sperm count. After a year of injections and meds he was able to get a just a few sperm back which was great news. However the first clinic was not able to get any embryos for us and also were very unresponsive so we decided to switch to Kofinas. Dr. C listened to what we had been through, and recognized that my partner would most likely need a TESE procedure as his sperm count indicated probable sperm quality issues. He referred him to a urologist who agreed, and coordinated my IVF cycle perfectly so the retrieval landed on the one day the urologist performed outpatient procedures, so we did not have to freeze the retrieved sperm and were able to get 5 embryos out of 9 eggs retrieved. Dr. C also did more tests than the other clinic, and identified some autoimmune issues which he treated me for. I had Dr. C’s email, and emailed him with any questions I had and he always got back to me very quickly.
Go ahead and ask as many questions as you can so you have a clear understanding and realistic expectations of your situation and odds of success.
Dr. Harry took the time to get to know me and my partner, and I could tell he really cared about my results. He was also very responsive to questions, and was honest but hopeful about our chances of success.
We used gonal-f and menopur and triggered with lupron I think. I don’t remember details. My partner underwent a TESE procedure after injections of HCG and Clomid pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I loved all the nurses. I probably worked with Mio the most, she was so nice and helpful, and went above and beyond for me. After my transfer, we travelled out of state to visit family, and she helped me coordinate blood draws and treatments while in VA.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very nice and clean facilities, convenient satellite offices where you are able to do monitoring and see the Doctor. Also, the embryology lab there is very very good. This may be the most important thing to consider when picking a clinic- if you get a ton of eggs but then don’t have the very best embryology lab fertilizing them you could still have very poor results. You can also purchase meds there which is convenient, except you are required to pay for them in cash which is a pain. Which leads me to the one negative about the clinic- the billing / payment system. Seems like their whole billing department is stuck in the 90s- from what I could tell, every time I paid a copay, the receptionist hand wrote me a receipt in one of those carbon copy receipt books which means someone would need to reconcile those at the end of the day, like what?! Also, there are two finance departments it seems- one for the surgical center and one for the clinic- super confusing. In fact I thought I had paid in full ahead of time for my retrieval but it turned out I had only paid the surgical center portion and not the portion needed at the clinic. While this was my mistake, it led to panic the morning of my retrieval that was pretty traumatic. Some advice: be sure you triple check you are paid in full before your procedure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
There were monitoring time slots in the morning. I would usually be seen within 15 mins, but on occasion it would be closer to 45 mins but that was only once or twice.
I was all out of pocket, and I think total I paid about 5k for meds for one cycle and transfer, 2k at the surgical center and 24.5k for the retrieval, PGS testing and one transfer. I had $15 copays for monitoring.
We had our embryos PGS tested, and got to euploid embryos, so Dr. C recommended transferring just 1.

2021 - 2022, Successful
During our first meeting, he [Dr. Kofinas] listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day...He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Strengths: kind, patient and thoughtful staff that know you by name. During both monitoring appointments and even challenging surgeries, you feel like you have a friend by your side, who are rooting and cheering you on from the sidelines. Receptionist answer calls quickly and always make sure your question/issue is resolved. Both offices (55 Central Park West and 65 Broadway) are state of the art and kept pristine...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
With Dr. Kofinas, there’s no heir of superiority, arrogance or a godlike complex like I’ve experienced with other doctors. He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times. He’s business when necessary but you can have a laugh with him. He’s funny and makes you feel so comfortable. There could be 20 girls waiting for their monitoring appointment and he’ll still take the time to answer ALL of my questions (both reasonable and ridiculous). I could email me at anytime of the day and always received a response within 24 hours. He always made every attempt to work around my job (I’m a teacher) when scheduling procedures or appointments. Other than being the best at what he does, he made us feel like he was in our corner, cheering us on every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Listen to what he says and trusts his process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When we first met Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I had just experienced a failed donor egg transfer from a previous doctor. We were absolutely devastated. It was the lowest point of our 3 year fertility journey. We both felt like we were running out of time, money and hope. When we met with Dr. Kofinas, I didn’t know what to expect. Part of me wasn’t expecting much because I’ve come to learn that IVF isn’t a guarantee. It’s a chance for a family. The other part of me was hoping he could make miracles happen. During our first meeting, he listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
1. Progesterone Oil Injection: 1.5 cc IM every morning 2. Progesterone Suppository: 1 suppository 2 times per day 3. Lovenox 40mg prefilled syringe: 2x a day 4. Estradiol 2 mg tablet: 4x a day (3 oral and I vaginal) 5. Prednisone: 10 mg tablet 2x a day 6. Metformin: 750 mg XR tablet 2x a day 7. Weekly Intralipid infusions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Haley Roche and Natalie Green )
Haley Roche Primary Nurse: smart, kind, compassionate, patient, loving, funny and gentle are the words that come to mind. One day I had a question about one of my medications. I called and she stayed on the phone with me for over an hour, explaining everything medication I’m taking, why I’m taking it, and what the next steps are. She was the calm to my storm. I’m overly anxious and worried, but I always knew I could email her with any thing and instantly I would be out to ease. During my last appointment, I sat in her office and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t put into words how much her level of care meant to my husband and I. She’s absolutely phenomenal at her job. Any patient that walks through the door is in the best of hands with Haley. Natalie Green Egg Donor Consultant: Before meeting Natalie and Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I spent 10 months and $40,000 using a 3rd party egg donor, only to end up with 0 viable embryos. Our former doctor provided us with no guidelines or support. It felt like a dirty and uncomfortable version of online dating. It was a complete waste of time, money and literally broke our hearts. During our first conversation with Natalie, she asked my husband and I to put together a “wish list” for our potential donor. It was such an incredible feeling to know that someone was helping us to find our perfect match. We weren’t looking through pages and pages of women or changing what we wanted so that we could find a suitable match. Within days, Natalie found us a match that checked off every box on our list. Natalie listened to what we wanted, explained the process and just kept reassuring us that we’re not alone and we’re going to find the perfect donor. The first time I saw a picture of our donor, it literally took my breath away. She was perfect in every way and I knew she was going to be the start of our family. Again, being overly anxious and scared I had so many concerns. Natalie just kept reassuring me that no matter, she’s got a PLAN B, we always have other choices and options and that our journey would continue until we were parents. That’s all I ever wanted to hear. That we still had a chance and that’s what Natalie gave us. We love her for that. .
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Donor egg purchase: $24,000 Copayments at monitoring appointments: $50.00 Copayments for surgery: $500.00
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
N/A we only had 1 embryo to transfer.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous, Makes me feel safe and secure with undergoing my IVF process. He also has a great rapport with me and my spouse. He has showed interest an integrity during my treatments & procedure follow-ups...Treatments that’s Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous, Suggested are progesterone oil, viagra suppository, progesterone suppository, blood thinner (to reduce the risk of blood clots), estradiol, Tactolimus, and implemented a proper diet.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] nurses were easygoing and easy to talk to. The nursing staff went over the medication and how to take it before I leave the facility. They were very perfessional and precise...The staff is pretty spot on their job duties. They are also informative on the step by step procedures of each phase of the IVF journey. The staff is extremely perfessional and kind hearted people. The staff knows how to be discreet when giving you pertinent information. The clinic is extremely clean. The weakness the clinic may have is that the clinic may be a bit crowded at times.
My experience with Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous, has been great thus far. In the beginning, as a patient I was quite nervous and unsure. However Dr.Charalampos Chatzicharalampous, has helped me with my patients and troubled mind during this process. He has also encourage me to remain calm. He has helped me with my anxiety attacks (lol) and stress levels as a patient.
One piece of advice I would give is to not be nervous and always ask questions even if you think it sounds weird. Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous is patient and would give you a consultation if you have any questions or concerns to start your IVF process. No question is a dumb question so ask away!.
Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous, Makes me feel safe and secure with undergoing my IVF process. He also has a great rapport with me and my spouse. He has showed interest an integrity during my treatments & procedure follow-ups. Whenever I am feeling nervous I’ll call or send him a email . I know he may be busy but he makes it his business and duty to respond in a timely fashion. He is also a person that shows Sympathy, empathy, and is extremely helpful during my IVF process. Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous is very down to earth -pleasant person that make me and spouse feel informative at all times. He is stern yet also patient individual Who understands what I am going through by creating a plan specifically for my IVF treatment. I am truly thankful and grateful for his time and compassion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were easygoing and easy to talk to. The nursing staff went over the medication and how to take it before I leave the facility. They were very perfessional and precise.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I don’t remember I really loss count.
I trust Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous judgement for transferring one embryo at a time.

2021 - 2022, 15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Harry [aka Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always treated me with great respect and care and was extremely personable, friendly, helpful and kind...Unfortunately [he] was OOO during my monitoring period before my retrieval, so he wasn't the one administering the visits/treatment plans while I was doing the hormones leading up to retrieval...Always responded to me quickly and took initiative in helping me to understand any questions or concerns I may have had.
Everyone at Kofinas, including the girls who work the front desk, is extremely helpful and friendly. I always felt comfortable, the spaces are all very clean and orderly and it's very impressive what they achieve on a daily basis given the sheer volume of patients that utilize them...For my retrieval, I paid a $2,700 fee to Kofinas, a $1,100 facility fee to Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center and a separate $400 for Albumin IV for Hyperstimulation. I am still waiting on that to be submitted to my insurance company to hopefully be reimbursed
Similar to my last response, Dr. Harry always treated me with great respect and care. He is extremely personable, kind and genuine. I feel that he actually cares about me as a human being and not just another name on his list of patients any given day.
To not think twice because he's a man. I feel like a lot of women can get uncomfortable with a man in this field, but in no way shape or form did I ever even think twice about the fact that I was seeing a male doctor for this. He made me feel just as comfortable as any female doctor could have.
Dr. Harry always treated me with great respect and care and was extremely personable, friendly, helpful and kind. There is a genuineness that comes off from him and he made me feel entirely comfortable throughout the process. Always responded to me quickly and took initiative in helping me to understand any questions or concerns I may have had.
Unfortunately Dr. Harry was OOO during my monitoring period before my retrieval, so he wasn't the one administering the visits/treatment plans while I was doing the hormones leading up to retrieval. I did sense a small bit of disappointment after my retrieval in that he had hoped my retrieval numbers would have been slightly higher but that he didn't do my monitoring so he didn't know if there was a reason why I didn't get the 20-25 number he had hoped for. After hearing that, I had wished he had done my monitoring so as to see if I would have gotten different results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
There was one nurse that I was particularly fond of and I hate that I can't remember her name right now. Black girl with braids that I saw back in 2021 when I first started and again during some of my visits in 2022. I felt like she remembered me personally the most and she was also the most gentle. The last nurse I saw on 4/7 post retrieval was my worst interaction because she had a hard time with the blood draw and made it quite uncomfortable and had to use both of my arms. That was my only less than stellar encounter - otherwise all nurses were extremely kind, gentle and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Monitoring was extremely convenient. The only thing I wish that could have been different was that I wish Dr Harry was in the office during that time. Unfortunately with the way the scheduling worked out and my cycle, he was OOO and I think I would have felt a bit more confident about the entire thing had he been able to see me through start to finish.
I paid a $35 copay every single time I visited the clinic. I paid $275 to Freedom Care Fertility Pharmacy for my injectable hormones. For my retrieval, I paid a $2,700 fee to Kofinas, a $1,100 facility fee to Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center and a separate $400 for Albumin IV for Hyperstimulation. I am still waiting on that to be submitted to my insurance company to hopefully be reimbursed.

2021 - 2022, 4 Eggs Frozen
From minute one we knew Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was in it with us and deeply cared about helping create our family. He always took the time to explain every detail and answer our unending questions. At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed...When he made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation....
each interaction with Dr C and the team [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was professional, personal, and supportive...never felt like a number and everyone at Kofinas, not just Dr. C, seemed to be very invested in our care. They never seemed annoyed by our never-ending questions...At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed...When he [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation...
Dr C. is the best! We worked with Dr Chatzicharalampous and the Kofinas team for a little over a year and could not be happier with our experience. Every trip to the office and each interaction with Dr C and the team was professional, personal, and supportive. Fertility and IVF are stressful under even the best of circumstances and I can't imagine having worked with anyone else. From minute one we knew Dr. C was in it with us and deeply cared about helping create our family. He always took the time to explain every detail and answer our unending questions. At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed. We even came up with our own in-house motto of "in Dr C. We Trust!" When he made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation. When we are ready to grow our family in a few years we look forward to going back to Kofinas and being greeted by a friend who will successfully guide us on the next step in our journey.
Trust Dr. C!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I always appreciated that I never felt like a number and everyone at Kofinas, not just Dr. C, seemed to be very invested in our care. They never seemed annoyed by our never-ending questions. Thank you!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Jason [Kofinas] was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up...was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me...used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus...
At this office [Kofinas Fertility Group] it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office...The nurses were available to answer questions in office and via email. Very knowledgable and able to hep....
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Jason sat down with me to go over my testing results and was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me.
Do not give up and trust in the process
Dr Jason was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up
During the egg retrieval process Dr Jason used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
At this office it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office
They worked with insurance but had facility fees and pgs testing is not covered by insurance
Single embryo transfer after pgs testing is safer for both the mother and baby because the risk of multiple is reduced
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Harry [Chatzicharalampous] is amazing. He is so knowledgeable and explains everything so thoroughly. He is very kind and makes you feel very comfortable under his care...Very knowledgeable and very thorough. He explains everything to you and helps you understand. His bedside manners are great along with the rest of the nurse and staff. My experience has been wonderful. I have had 2 misscarriages withina year and I am so greatful to have met Dr. Chatzicharalampous because now I am 10 weeks pregnant and am feeling great!
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] are all very nice. They make you feel comfortable. They always contact you back with blood results or anything follow up information. Very thorough...I have only great and positive things to say about my experience here...Dr Harry is amazing. He is so knowledgeable and explains everything so thoroughly. He is very kind and makes you feel very comfortable under his care....
He is an amazing doctor. Very knowledgeable and very thorough. He explains everything to you and helps you understand. His bedside manners are great along with the rest of the nurse and staff. My experience has been wonderful. I have had 2 misscarriages withina year and I am so greatful to have met Dr. Chatzicharalampous because now I am 10 weeks pregnant and am feeling great!
I would tell them not to loose hope, that Dr. C is amazing and will help you in as many ways as possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are all very nice. They make you feel comfortable. They always contact you back with blood results or anything follow up information. Very thorough
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I think that this office is wonderful. I have only great and positive things to say about my experience here. I would recommend Kofinas Fertility to anyone! I was referred by a family friend myself and am so greatful that I was informed about this office. It hs been a great experience.
My insurance was covered however I believe that with surgery, you pay $500 dollars to the surgical center.

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinas always greets you with a smile on his face and is always very encouraging...very thorough & knowledgeable in his field - he took the time to thoroughly figure out my situation and gave me the confidence I would be able to enjoy the gift of motherhood one day. He helps reassure you & keep you calm through this whole process which is so necessary...always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is gorgeous - very clean & soothing to be in. It’s great they have multiple locations. While it’s great they have open hours in the mornings - sometimes the wait times can be a little longer...Dr. Kofinas & his team are always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles...The nursing staff is terrific - always available to answer questions & give you guidance along this journey.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Kofinas is very thorough & knowledgeable in his field - he took the time to thoroughly figure out my situation and gave me the confidence I would be able to enjoy the gift of motherhood one day. He helps reassure you & keep you calm through this whole process which is so necessary
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas provides expert care & knowledge - this whole process can be frustrating at times but have patience he will achieve the goals / family you so desire !
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas always greets you with a smile on his face and is always very encouraging … the positive vibes are always appreciated & needed through this process
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Dr. Kofinas & his team are always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles … hoping to achieve the desired result… I do ‘natural cycles’ but each one has been modified a little based on different factors / hormone levels , etc
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff is terrific - always available to answer questions & give you guidance along this journey.. I specifically have worked with Christina who is amazing & is a great liaison between the doctors
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is gorgeous - very clean & soothing to be in. It’s great they have multiple locations. While it’s great they have open hours in the mornings - sometimes the wait times can be a little longer but always remember the big goal in the end ;)
Monitoring hours are great because it allows for flexibility all around - of course that sometimes comes with wait times. Many times the wait was perfect - no longer than 15 minutes but a few times (after a holiday , a weekend , etc ..) the wait was a bit longer
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
This can be an expensive process but the clinic does everything it can to make it as easy for you & fortunately our insurance was able to cover a good amount
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Never really discussed it but know they prefer eSET for the best positive result

2021 - 2022, Successful
His very upfront and always available! Very honest and sweet at the same time! He tells you everything before he does it and also gives you different options...Always answers every questioned and monitored everything on point...Dr Chatzicharalampous was amazing and got my procedures approved by my insurance. I had to pay for my copayment and medication.
7am and [the nurses] always had smiles on. Always very welcoming...Iui and Ivf the process can be Scary but at Kofinas from the time you walk in till the time you walk out you feel safe and most important all questions are always answered...The entire staff starting from receptionist to the MA, Nurses and Doctors are truly the most attentive and kind people to have under one facility.
Dr Chatzicharalampous hands down is the best! His very upfront and always available! Very honest and sweet at the same time! He tells you everything before he does it and also gives you different options! Thanks to him I got pregnant on my first iui. I can’t thank him enough! The entire staff starting from receptionist to the MA, Nurses and Doctors are truly the most attentive and kind people to have under one facility. I am truly Blessed to have met the Kofina family and very thankful to DR Chatzicharalampous I can’t thank you enough.
Trust him. Trust the process.
Dr Chatzicharalampous is truly amazing! His very up front and honest but so sweet at the same time! Always answers every questioned and monitored everything on point.
Metformin and progesterone (iui)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
7am and they always had smiles on. Always very welcoming. Alway had everything ready for Dr C.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I can’t say one bad thing about Kofinas. I started at a different clinic and what a big mistake! I’m so glad I walked threw Kofinas doors and met this amazing staff and doctors. Iui and Ivf the process can be Scary but at Kofinas from the time you walk in till the time you walk out you feel safe and most important all questions are always answered.

2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments...Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid...he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease...he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later...
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything...Excellent nurses!..the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was having trouble getting pregnant naturally and wanted to make sure everything was ok with my body. I went with different opinions of doctors and finally decided to see Dr. Kofinos because I wanted to be seen by the best. When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid. I was sooooo nervous about having the surgery! But after he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease. I booked appointment for the surgery and he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later. I was I’m utter shock! Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed.
Trust his advice and protocols. If you are unsure, he is only an email away.
Dr. Kofinos was asked me what my family goals were and explained in detail the steps I should take to reach desired goals. He also gave me options so I feel comfortable. Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments.
Prior to surgery, I was given clear directions and it was easy to follow.
Excellent nurses!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything. For example, I didn't know which prenatal vitamin were best and they were able to recommend the best one.
My health insurance covered majority of my bills. I had Co-payments.

2022, Successful
appreciated his [Dr. Kofinas] honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc...he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day...
Plenty of nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call...They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
During the consultation and f/u meetings he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day! You can email him for pretty much anything related to IVF and he almost always replied back by the end of the day. I also appreciated his honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc. It is very obvious he actually enjoys what he is doing, trying to help every individual/couple going through infertility issues. You can tell it is his passion and he will try everything he can to have a successful outcome. That in return provides hope and trust in the patient that they are receiving the very best fertility care that is available.
Be prepared and patient for a potentially long IVF journey. Dr. Kofinas ensures your body is at optimal health before even doing the egg retrieval and FET and that can mean stretching out into months before actually even doing any procedure. In my case I had uterine fibroid that need to be removed and then reoccurring bouts of endometritis that had to be treated before he even proceeded with the FET.
Dr. Kofinas has excellent bedside manners. Always came in with a smile and cheerful greeting even on the mornings when the office was swamped w/patients. He took the time to answer even the simplest questions. He even tries to have small talk with you despite having to see so many other patients. Always made me feel as if he was approachable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurses tried their best to keep the steady flow of patients moving along during the morning monitoring. There was always a nurse ready to come in to draw your blood and afterwards answer any questions related to your plan. I also appreciated that they were also accessible by email and always called you back by the end of the day. It was difficult for them to call you back during the day but I always got a call back before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
On the forefront using the most modern technology and available treatment plans for fertility concerns. Plenty of nurses to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call (nurse). There is reason why Kofinas Fertility is one of the top fertility practices not only in NYC but nationwide. They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long. The longest I had to wait was at most 45 minutes and the time goes by quick bc their office offers complimentary wifi.
Efficient well-oiled machine.
I had Progyny benefits so most of my fertility treatment was covered. Although at their Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center where they perform all of their fertility related treatments and other gynecological procedures expect to pay an out-of-pocket $3,500 fee depending on whether or not your insurance is in network w/them. My insurance was not in network and I had to pay the fee anytime I had a procedure including removal of uterine fibroid.
He is opened to both although he would prefer eSET.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] made me feel comfortable in every step I took. He gave me information I needed in order to make decisions and make the process - even though most times out of ones control feel like I decided every step. He always answered my emails super timely and always made time to see me if there was an issue. He knew my medical info without making me wait to pull it up...
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] & Dr. C are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them. The front desk is always helpful and kind. Kofinas’ weakness lies within their admin staff - finance specifically. It seems theyre understaffed and it is hard to speak to someone...3 iui cycles including appointments and medicine cost about $3,000 1 fet cycle cost about $5k...
I never once felt uncomfortable with a decision or appointment with Dr.C. He is the best doctor - not only because I’m now pregnant but because I trusted him - down to begging him to deliver my baby due in January because I really didn’t want to leave! I would recommend Dr.C to anyone needing fertility treatment - he always followed up with facts and his professional opinion on things, always answered emails timely, and always was friendly and made the appointments easy - even the hard ones.
Listen to what he says because he knows his stuff!!! I may have been a more difficult and defiant patient - again not the biggest fan of medicine but everything Dr.C told me to do, I did and it resulted in a positive pregnancy!
Dr. C is downright amazing. I am a skeptic when it comes to medicine because I don’t like taking it and frankly sometimes I think I know more - from Google not because I have a medical degree but Dr. C made me feel comfortable in every step I took. He gave me information I needed in order to make decisions and make the process - even though most times out of ones control feel like I decided every step. He always answered my emails super timely and always made time to see me if there was an issue. He knew my medical info without making me wait to pull it up and remembers my weekend plans!
Iui #1 - 1 day because I only had 1 decent follicle and Dr.C did not want to waste donor sperm on a cycle that was likely to be unsuccessful. 2.5 mg letrozole Iui #2 - 2 days Bc I had 1 good follicle. 5 mg letrozole Iui #3 - 1 day even though I had 2 good follicles but this was my choice. Possible 10 mg chlomid 1st FET cycle was successful - 2mg Estradiol 4x a day, 40mg lovenox 4x a day, viagra before cycle 2x a day, progesterone oil up until 10 weeks & progesterone suppositories 3x a day up until 10 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Kristine Gruper)
Kristine’s last day as Kofinas was the day I got to see my baby for the first time on a sonogram and she was so happy she had tears in her eyes. Saying by to her was so hard because you truly build a bond with the staff. The current staff is amazing, always so kind and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff & Dr. C are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them. The front desk is always helpful and kind. Kofinas’ weakness lies within their admin staff - finance specifically. It seems theyre understaffed and it is hard to speak to someone.
I’m only 29 with no history of fertility problems - dr.c explained why we should only do a single transfer based on facts

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT...Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring...If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away...
At Kofinas, I never felt like a number. The whole process ran smoothly, obtaining my medications was easy & all my questions were answered. If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away! I wasn’t used to that. As I mentioned before, I switched over from another facility & I was amazed with the level of treatment from my very first day at Kofinas...nursing staff was wonderful!...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was nothing less than AMAZING! Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring. I began my journey with another establishment and was no longer happy with the facility. I was losing hope in the process. A friend suggested I make an appointment Dr. Jason Kofinas. Her exact words were, “He’s The Godfather of Fertility” lol. I was so worried changing facilities & putting my trust into a new doctor after the experience I had already endured. However Dr. Jason reassured me that I was in the right place. He answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT. I waited so long to hear those words. Thank you Dr. Jason & the whole team! You gave us hope & a beautiful miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. C. [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] is a very warm and caring person. he treated me with respect and even his humor was very appreciated as it helps relieves some of the stress of this process...He is very caring and remembers details of his patients. Very warm and makes you feel cared for...He tested me for everything that could be a factor in my getting pregnant and addressed every issue with medications...He uses single embryo transfer due to pregnancy complications with multiple transfers....
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very professional and compassionate...very organized and clean environment. The only issue was that they sometimes do not process copays properly and it helps to keep a receipt to prove payment...One canceled transfer while under the care of a different provider at the facility due to a miscalculation of medication timing while my doctor was away. Other than that it was a great experience. After that issue, I only saw Dr. C. in the Brooklyn office...Great space and would recommend it to any of my friends...
Dr. C. is a very warm and caring person. he treated me with respect and even his humor was very appreciated as it helps relieves some of the stress of this process. I was very pleased with his care and will highly recommend him to my friends.
To trust him because he knows what he is doing.
He tested me for everything that could be a factor in my getting pregnant and addressed every issue with medications. This is something that was not done at previous facilities I attended before him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
very organized and clean environment. The only issue was that they sometimes do not process copays properly and it helps to keep a receipt to prove payment. Great space and would recommend it to any of my friends.
It was well organized.
copays 50 when blood and ultrasound. 20 for just a doctor's visit. surgery costs. transfer and storage costs.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
2019 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. George Kofinas] really cares and will try everything to reach his goal. He will really follow up on you...one egg extraction, and got three blastocyst. The first one just did not attached, the second attached but miscarried after two weeks, and the third round worked! I did the ERA test before implanting the third time which changes my time of implantation. I also started on the intralipids on the second implantation.
It [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very clean, with all new equipment and an amazing operation room. You have the choice between three locations which is very convenient as well, and you can move from one location to another if desired...It [monitoring appointments] is not by appointment so the waiting time would vary. The wait could be very long or short depending on the day...They [nurses] are very responsive and will always return your call or follow up on your prescriptions...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I highly recommend George Kofinas. When I mention his name to my OB or other professional in the field, they all mentioned him as a doctor who has been doing miracles! and he does! He really cares and will try everything to reach his goal. He will really follow up on you and make sure you leave his office with a baby!
My advice is to keep doing what is is best and known for, we need you doctor Kofinas!
The staff was very responsive and answered all questions the patient may have. Kofinas and his staff really cared to reach their goal, and they will!!
I did one egg extraction, and got three blastocyst. The first one just did not attached, the second attached but miscarried after two weeks, and the third round worked! I did the ERA test before implanting the third time which changes my time of implantation. I also started on the intralipids on the second implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very responsive and will always return your call or follow up on your prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I would highly recommend this clinic. It is very clean, with all new equipment and an amazing operation room. You have the choice between three locations which is very convenient as well, and you can move from one location to another if desired.
It is not by appointment so the waiting time would vary. The wait could be very long or short depending on the day.
I my case I had three blastocysts so George Kofinas did not want to implant two at a time.
2021 - 2022, Successful
He remembered stuff about me that I wouldn’t expect a doctor to know and it made me feel like he really was invested in helping us get pregnant and not just a paycheck for him...I see how many people are in and out of his office every day and he is very personal, knowledgeable, and makes me feel at ease...From the start of our very first consultation with my husband and I last year he took the time to breaks down everything. It felt like a long process of testing and blood work and various procedures
Highly recommend the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group], making appointments is easy, the check in process is easy; the front desk receptionist is nice and cordial: I am never waiting for a long time to be seen. It’s clean and up to date...These nurses work hard and are also very caring and compassionate. While drawing blood we would make small talk and it made me feel good like these people really care.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
This guy is amazing. I see how many people are in and out of his office every day and he is very personal, knowledgeable, and makes me feel at ease. I cannot think of a single weakness about him; this guy is the real deal. As a patient I knew I was in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Always be honest about how you’re feeling and any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B not only was a professional doctor, but you can tell he really cares about his patients and I just wasn’t another number to him. He remembered stuff about me that I wouldn’t expect a doctor to know and it made me feel like he really was invested in helping us get pregnant and not just a paycheck for him.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
From the start of our very first consultation with my husband and I last year he took the time to breaks down everything. It felt like a long process of testing and blood work and various procedures to make sure I was fit to have a pregnancy. He knew exactly what was the cause of my infertility and once that was addressed I became pregnant
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Highly recommend the clinic, making appointments is easy, the check in process is easy; the front desk receptionist is nice and cordial: I am never waiting for a long time to be seen. It’s clean and up to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I had a 50 dollar copay at every appointment
Peter Brzechffa
Staten Island

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments...has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator. He was ready to answer any and all questions...readily available if we needed him. He explained everything and then re-explained when needed. He is a doctor that will remember you when you come in for your next appointment. Dr. C is honest and upfront and will never give a false sense of reassurance...
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was prompt in responding to call back requests...The staff try their best to make the process as seamless as possible. But new patients should expect and understand that there will be a wait to be seen at times...Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments...has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator.
Dr. C has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator. He was ready to answer any and all questions. We cannot thank him enough for guiding us through this process and always being readily available if we needed him. He explained everything and then re-explained when needed. He is a doctor that will remember you when you come in for your next appointment. Dr. C is honest and upfront and will never give a false sense of reassurance.
Ask. Ask. Ask. The only stupid question is the question that I never asked.
Dr. C always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments.
We really liked that everything proceeded in a steady pace. No part of the process ever felt rushed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was prompt in responding to call back requests.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff try their best to make the process as seamless as possible. But new patients should expect and understand that there will be a wait to be seen at times. I would recommend all new patients keep their own record of appointment dates and what was done or discussed during appointments to look back on and refer to if needed.
> $5000

2021, Successful
Dr.Charalampos (Harry) Chatzicharalampous is the type of doctor that anyone can wish they had. His patient and understanding is out of this world. He made his patients comfortable and relax...He took his time to explain everything to my husband and I. After receiving our results, he made sure we understand everything that was on the chart...With PCOS- change my diet and walk more to reduce my weight. I started taking supplements that was recommended from the doctor
The clinic [at Kofinas Fertility Group] is super clean, healthy, and most importantly organized...Nurse were very respectful and friendly. Knowing that I hate needles, they were very gentle. They had this amazing smile that automatically make you feel belonging...from the receptionist to the doctors, I was made comfortable and safe. Dr. Harry took the time to explain every step that we were taking. He was always answering our questions in a great manner and never made us feel like our questions were crazy or made no sense
Dr.Charalampos (Harry) Chatzicharalampous is the type of doctor that anyone can wish they had. His patient and understanding is out of this world. He made his patients comfortable and relax. Dr. Harry was very fantastic and thoughtful. He took his time to explain everything to my husband and I. After receiving our results, he made sure we understand everything that was on the chart which we never get from past doctors we had seen before. I am truly lucky to have met Dr. Harry.
Do not give up hope. Be open and honest. Don't be afraid to ask questions until you understand what is there.
Dr.Charalampos (Harry) Chatzicharalampous and Kofinas clinic was the doctor that was sent from heaven to help us make our dream come true. I still remember the night I was researching fertility treatment hospitals and Kofinas Fertility Group was the only one that caught my attention. Calling and making my first appointment and meeting Dr. Harry, lead me to believe that I was in the right place this time, but again I did not want to be disappointed. After all the tests that I had to undergo, for the first time, I was told that I had some minor issues that needed to be treated first. I was a bit worried, but from the receptionist to the doctors, I was made comfortable and safe. Dr. Harry took the time to explain every step that we were taking. He was always answering our questions in a great manner and never made us feel like our questions were crazy or made no sense. After only two (2) months of treatment at Kofinas Fertility Group; on June 28th I received a phone call that I will never forget from Dr. Harry telling me that my blood work result is in and that I was pregnant. This forever changed my life for the better. Wednesday, February 16th of 2022, I gave birth to my beautiful, blessing son. I never stop thanking God or smiling. Thank you Kofinas Fertility Group family. Thank you, Dr. Harry. I can personally say that I would continue recommending this hospital/clinic to any individual or couple trying to conceive. Back to the question was I treated like a number or a human. You the reader, what are your thoughts. As for me, I was not only treated like the human I am, but they also added respect, dignity, and love. Thank you,
With PCOS- change my diet and walk more to reduce my weight. I started taking supplements that was recommended from the doctor. I had to do a Hysteroscopy & Polypectomy. I took Letrozole (Femara) to help me ovulate. Later I got a trigger shot and IUI injection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurse were very respectful and friendly. Knowing that I hate needles, they were very gentle. They had this amazing smile that automatically make you feel belonging. Thank you.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is super clean, healthy, and most importantly organized. The cleaners were very nice and will keep the place neat. The colors and rooms were just amazing. I wish every clinic were like Kofinas.
Not sure!

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
I felt like a number with Dr. Harry because he dismissed my concerns about a lump in my breast that I brought to his attention on two separate visits. Not only that, but I found his actions and words to be extremely unprofessional. Instead of taking a pause from the treatment plan to ask me questions about the lump or perform a breast exam, we continued with 1 or 2 more failed IUI's...He did not inform me to make another appointment about it or even what kind of appointment I would need in order for him to look and give me additional information. It was not until my husband and I met with Dr. Harry for a fertility consultation that he performed a breast exam on my insistence and made a referral to a radiologist. From the time I brought the lump to Dr. Harry's attention to the time he performed a breast exam, my breast had gone through significant changes (inflamed skin; inverted nipple) which was later diagnosed as Stage 3 Breast Cancer,
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were professional, caring, and helpful...The clinic failed to bill my insurance for covered injections costing me money out of pocket and time spent trying to get reimbursed from my insurance provider. The clinic kept reassuring me that my insurance covered the costs of IVF and failed to disclose the out of pocket facility fee ($5100) until I was already a patient, but I ultimately did not complete an IVF cycle with them. My insurance copay was $50 per monitoring visit because it was performed by a doctor.
I was under the care of Dr. C (Dr. Harry) while my doctor was out on leave. He performed multiple monitoring appointments several times a week. During one of them, I informed about a lump that had formed in my breast. Without looking at my breast or asking any further questions, he replied, "Breasts are lumpy and it was probably nothing bad." On a second occasion, I brought the lump to his attention again stating that it was still there and his response was that he could look at my breast but did not have the time. He did not inform me to make another appointment about it or even what kind of appointment I would need in order for him to look and give me additional information. It was not until my husband and I met with Dr. Harry for a fertility consultation that he performed a breast exam on my insistence and made a referral to a radiologist. From the time I brought the lump to Dr. Harry's attention to the time he performed a breast exam, my breast had gone through significant changes (inflamed skin; inverted nipple) which was later diagnosed as Stage 3 Breast Cancer, with inflammatory characteristics. If I had not continued to be insistent with Dr. Harry performing a breast exam and making a referral to a specialist, I doubt he would have ever re-visited it and the cancer could have spread even further. Since the skin became inflamed and the tumor was large, my oncologist recommended a very aggressive course of treatments (chemo, surgery, radiation, hormone meds). Because my tumor is estrogen and progesterone positive, part of my treatment has been to lower my hormone levels as it has been explained to me that these hormones feed my tumor. My intention for sharing this story is not to scare anyone seeking fertility treatments, but to highlight that there were opportunities for Dr. Harry to pause and gather more information before continuing with 1 or 2 more failed rounds of IUI - but he didn't, and as a result my treatment was delayed and my health was put at risk.
Find another fertility clinic.
I was prescribed letrozole for 5 days and then daily progesterone suppositories from IUI insemination until a pregnancy test. No one at the clinic discussed potential risks of these medications.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff were professional, caring, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
After submitting a formal complaint to Kofinas Fertility group, the medical director did not even contact me. I would not recommend anyone seeking fertility services to Dr. Harry or Kofinas Fertility.
2021, Successful
Dr. Chatzicharalampous "Dr. Harry" is the best provider that I ever had. He helped me feel comfortable my entire process. He explained every step of the way the good and the bad and set real time expectations...He conducted all the right test , a Laparoscopy and other recommended test that ultimately led to me conceiving on my own...he remembered the small personal things discussed outside of treatment.He was also personable and not just making you feel like a chart number like my previous doctors
From the front desk [at Kofinas. Fertility Group] Maria and Felicia were pleasant and made you feel at home. The staff always been nice and advise you on the next steps of your appointment. Their response time was fast and everyone should care to your treatment . I also like that they accommodated my work schedule by having 7 am appointments.
Dr. Chatzicharalampous "Dr. Harry" is the best provider that I ever had. He helped me feel comfortable my entire process. He explained every step of the way the good and the bad and set real time expectations. He was compassionate and caring to my needs. I have never had a doctor that was so attentive and cared. One thing I always admire was he remembered the small personal things discussed outside of treatment.He was also personable and not just making you feel like a chart number like my previous doctors. He is the best and I will always recommend him to family and friends. I am so happy that I was his patient.
You are in good hands, he is willing to answer all questions so never hesitate to ask them. He is very knowledgable . Be comfortable and trust the process. The best decision you made was choosing Dr. Harry as a doctor.
I felt like a human because from day one Dr. Harry was attentive and personable. He was patient with my concerns and questions. He was very knowledgeable on his practice and he made me feel comfortable on the entire process. I was very nervous the entire time up until conception and Dr. Harry literally held my hand the entire time and made me feel like I mattered and that my concerns were his priority.
I came in and wasn't sure of the right course of treatment. I have been to doctors before that did not take time to see what treatment I would need. He was able to see what I needed. He conducted all the right test , a Laparoscopy and other recommended test that ultimately led to me conceiving on my own.
They were all nice.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
From the front desk Maria and Felicia were pleasant and made you feel at home. The staff always been nice and advise you on the next steps of your appointment. Their response time was fast and everyone should care to your treatment . I also like that they accommodated my work schedule by having 7 am appointments.
I only paid my co payments . My insurance covered most of the expenses.
2021, Successful
he [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] put so much thought effort knowledge into my protocol I feel like that is why we were so successful he really took the time to get to know me my journey my own situation It was a personalized protocol just for me...He was extremely knowledgeable , honest and always sensitive to my needs...he didn’t have to read my chart he knew it better then I knew it He knew my past situation and from creating my protocol , to bedside manners to helping me remain so calm and confident during the scariest time of my life...
The nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were incredible they taught me how to do all my injections with such patience and care They always welcomed me in the office with love, patience and so much attention to all my needs...when at times you have to see different doctors they all take time to get to know your story your situation I always was treated like a person not a number My calls emails and concerns were always addressed promptly and efficiently...
Everyone who struggles with infertility knows what a sensitive topic this is, we come in to these clinics with broken hearts, lack of hope and lack of trust in our bodies not to much so much confusion. From the first day I met Dr C I knew he was going to be the one to make my dreams come true . I felt his energy through every part of my soul. He was extremely knowledgeable , honest and always sensitive to my needs. No matter how many times I emailed him asked him the same questions over and over , seemed doubtful scared He was always there to pick me up when I felt like I was falling apart she answered my emails so quickly anytime of day weekends nights holidays If I needed him he was always there. The way he put so much thought effort knowledge into my protocol I feel like that is why we were so successful he really took the time to get to know me my journey my own situation It was a personalized protocol just for me and we did it on the first try
I have seen many doctors in my life but none have left such an impact on my life the way Dr C did ….Charalampos Chatzichatalampous you are a remarkable doctor and I am so blessed to have met you…Thank you for giving me my daughter
Dr C is one of the most professional , knowledgeable doctors I have ever met..He took amazing care of me when I was going through IVF , he knew everything about he didn’t have to read my chart he knew it better then I knew it He knew my past situation and from creating my protocol , to bedside manners to helping me remain so calm and confident during the scariest time of my life. He was incredible in every way
I was on my supplemts to help keep me at my healthiest from mynoverhall health , I felt super protected from COVID as well. We used lots of supplements from life extension That helped the egg quality then we did everything we could for my uterus , placenta He also gave me prescription pillls like tacrolimus and plaquenil to help suppress immune system so my natural killer cells wouldn’t act up I was on lovenox throughout my whole pregnancy also did progesterone shots gonal f certricide and also had weekly intralipids infusions Whenever I listen to friends protocols who struggle with similar fertility issues I knew my protocol was the best , he had everything covered
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Shaquille Kim Mio )
The nurses were incredible they taught me how to do all my injections with such patience and care They always welcomed me in the office with love, patience and so much attention to all my needs
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas is one of the best clinics around From their Brooklyn location Staten Island nyc, every department from surgical to billing to doctors office There staff makes you feel like your family. no matter what clie Nic you are at the staff will always treat you like a prioroty when at times you have to see different doctors they all take time to get to know your story your situation I always was treated like a person not a number My calls emails and concerns were always addressed promptly and efficiently
They made waking up so early so easy…The office staff at front desk always greeted you a smile and always got you in and out where you never felt rushed but never felt worried if you had to get to work
I had no insurance coverage so they were very clear on how much it would cost . I was able to pay as I went whether I was bringing cash or credit cards They helped me make it happen helped guide me anyway I can save money on. Medications too

2021, Consult
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties...He worked with us around dietary and behavior changes to increase sperm count, and provided me with the testing I needed to see if the fertility issues we had could be explained...responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on...
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly...He [Dr. Kofinas] referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Jason was referred to working with us after we were with a different clinician who wasn't knowledgeable about trans issues. He was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties. The office was open to working with us and addressing some of the gender essentializing forms, but we were definitely having to do a lot of work to explain what we needed.
Jason is very nice and was helpful, my advice would be to make sure immediately that you are connected to a trans informed provider, as everyone there was 'nice' but our first provider said a lot of things that made it difficult to build trust
He was friendly and responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly
He referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test

2021, Successful
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was very warm and pleasant throughout the process. He always cared about how I felt during the stimulation and was the one who personally took care of every single detail, from the medication to the egg retrieval to the recovery to the final call for the eggs frozen...He is very professional but also very personable. His knowledge base is very broad and will answer any questions you may have, citing scientific evidence. He is optimistic and makes you feel very safe and offers exceptional care...
Kofinas Fertility is a very good clinic, staff is very nice and the Brooklyn Center is brand new and easily accessible. I wish the finance department was a bit more organized. There is some miscommunication that may cause some delays. All the nursing staff and MAs were great...Mondays and Fridays are really busy! May wait for an hour or more. Other days are ok, you are seen within 20-30 minutes...
From the first appointment I could tell that Dr. C was the right doctor for me. He is very professional but also very personable. His knowledge base is very broad and will answer any questions you may have, citing scientific evidence. He is optimistic and makes you feel very safe and offers exceptional care. He will go above and beyond! I trusted every decision he made and I was not wrong! My friends who did egg freezing at other clinics had a much lower number of eggs, even with similar AMHs. He managed my hyperstimulation extremely well and I was feeling great within 3 days after the retrieval. I am definitely coming back to see him if I need to use my frozen eggs.
Trust him 100%. He will find a way to make it work!
Dr. C was very warm and pleasant throughout the process. He always cared about how I felt during the stimulation and was the one who personally took care of every single detail, from the medication to the egg retrieval to the recovery to the final call for the eggs frozen. I couldn't have asked for more!
Antagonist protocol, 150 gonal then 225 menopur. I have PCOS so the doses were not very high. I had 40 eggs retrieved, 26 were frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Kristine)
Kristine is on top of everything, she will respond to your email in a timely fashion and will make sure you have your meds and insurance approvals on time. She was my advocate throughout this process and made things really easy.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is a very good clinic, staff is very nice and the Brooklyn Center is brand new and easily accessible. I wish the finance department was a bit more organized. There is some miscommunication that may cause some delays. All the nursing staff and MAs were great, some days may be too long with the wait though! You do feel like everyone knows who you are and you are definitely not treated as a number.
Insurance covered most of it. Had to pay about 20% out of pocket.
2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr George Kofinas is brilliant. His clinic is his baby and he treats it as such. He possesses a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and thorough and does not rush me or my questions...After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas. I am now a proud IVF mom to two healthy, beautiful boys, one born in 2017 and the other in 2020. Today was my third transfer by Dr George Kofinas himself. He transferred each embryo successfully himself over the years...
After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas...I found so much comfort in knowing that the doctors I worked with in 2016 are still working there in 2021. That says a lot about their work place culture and their commitment to their craft. The staff in the nursing office in Staten Island are fantastic as well, and always promptly answered all of my messages and phone calls...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr George Kofinas is brilliant. His clinic is his baby and he treats it as such. He possesses a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and thorough and does not rush me or my questions. He transferred all three of my embryos (2 boys as a result) and I am currently waiting in two weeks to see if embryo three will also result in a positive pregnancy test.
I cannot say enough about Kofinas Fertility Group. After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas. I am now a proud IVF mom to two healthy, beautiful boys, one born in 2017 and the other in 2020. Today was my third transfer by Dr George Kofinas himself. He transferred each embryo successfully himself over the years (and hopefully this third one as well). I tell everyone I know, he has the Hand of God! His practice has grown significantly over the years, which is a testament to its success rates alone. I predominantly went to the Staten Island office for monitoring, with all procedures happening at 65 Broadway in Manhattan. I have worked with Dr Montes in the past (the doc with the gorgeous hair!), who is also wonderful, and Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. Narine previously, who are also just the absolute best in the field. At the Staten Island office, I always saw Dr. B, who is truly an exceptionally bright, kind, and wonderful human being. His unwavering enthusiasm and ability to keep my hope alive even throughout the hardest parts of my fertility journey are something I will always be grateful for, every time I look at my boys. I found so much comfort in knowing that the doctors I worked with in 2016 are still working there in 2021. That says a lot about their work place culture and their commitment to their craft. The staff in the nursing office in Staten Island are fantastic as well, and always promptly answered all of my messages and phone calls. My girl Sadie at the Staten Island office has been there with me since my journey first began, and I cant tell you how much I adore her! I cannot overstate enough how grateful I am to Kofinas and his staff for giving me a new purpose in life through my children. My advice to other women struggling, trust in the process, as I know it is long and tedious, and follow the medication regiment to a T. I kept a medical notebook throughout my entire journey just to help me remember my questions, and when I took medications. I would also recommend 3x daily pill boxes that can also help you organize your meds much more easily. Thank you Kofinas Fertility Group for giving me the family I once never thought was possible.
The doctors all knew me by name. Always friendly and never rushed.
Slow increase of medications such as progesterone and estrogen. Lupron use until a about a week before transfer. They meticulously measured lining of the uterus and measures hormone levels with blood work each visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Sadie and Cleo)
All the nursing staff were wonderful. I loved seeing them each visit, because they were so kind.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic has grown immensely over the years, due to its success rates. Sometimes there is a wait for monitoring, but there will be a wait with any good clinic. I will gladly wait an extra while for a visit to get the outcomes I have received with using Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very structured and routine, ran well.
for my latest transfer, with office co pays and embryo thawing and the transfer procedure itself, probably around 5k out of pocket.
I believe Dr Kofinas encourages single embryo transfers because of heightened risk to mother and fetus with multiple embryo transfers.