Acupuncture is not offered

718.736.2218
4855 Hylan Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10312
55 Central Park W

If your looking for a hand holding doctor, this is not the place for you. However, he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] does respond to emails and thoroughly answers all questions and concerns. Dr. Kofinas does use different protocols and considers suggestions that you may have within reason...is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count. He is experienced and comes from a family that specializes in fertility, but if I had to do it over again. I would of gotten a second opinion before pursing a laparoscopic procedure.
Kofinas institute is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count...Nurses were professional...It’s a family practice started by George Kofinas. They have several locations, one in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. Other than infertility they do specialize in Endometriosis, hydrosalphinx and laparoscopic procedures ect... Kofinas fertility institute is costly with or without medical insurAnce. They charge an additional facility fee of 3500 that all insurances do not cover.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is knowledgeable and brutally honest. If your looking for a hand holding doctor, this is not the place for you. However, he does respond to emails and thoroughly answers all questions and concerns. Dr. Kofinas does use different protocols and considers suggestions that you may have within reason. Kofinas institute is aggressive with medication protocol and tend to cancel multiple cycles for those poor responders or if you didn’t meet Doctors expectation Of follicle count. He is experienced and comes from a family that specializes in fertility, but if I had to do it over again. I would of gotten a second opinion before pursing a laparoscopic procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Make sure you do your own research and pay attention to your body when taking the medication. I found that Dr. Kofinas had a standard protocol for meds and In the beginning i didn’t feel that the regime was personalized. Keep a record of your sonograms with medications that were prescribed. You will learn what doesn’t work for your body.
Nurses were professional.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I would spend about an hour at then clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It is not affordable and there are additional cost.
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Dr. Kofinas was open to both.
Brooklyn Center

IVF with PGS and one year of storage (without insurance coverage) was $22,500. They [Kofinas Fertility Group] were able to work it out with my insurance company to have the meds covered.... Lindsay and Christine are the best. In addition to emailing Dr. Masbou, I've also taken to emailing Lindsay when I have questions I know she can answer and she's been the absolute best.
How was your experience with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou is extremely attentive and caring in a way that I was not expecting. After our first failed IUI with her, she sent me a personal email to ask how I was doing and that she was so sorry about the failed cycle. Even at our initial consultation, her first question to me was nothing about our past infertility workups, she looked right at me and said, "first of all, how are you doing mentally and emotionally?" She explains procedures before and during them and makes sure you know why she is recommending a line of treatment. We brings up options and let's you decide what you think is right for you and then is completely gungho behind whatever choice you make.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Don't be afraid to ask questions or email her directly - she responds so quickly! I was so nervous in the beginning to email her because I felt like I was annoying and should have asked all these things while I was at my appointment - but there's so much information and sometimes questions come up later. She never makes you feel like anything you ask is stupid or silly or annoying. She even emailed me once from her vacation because she knew I was antsy about results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
With my first RE, I was most definitely a number. I needed to remind him of my history multiple times. It always felt like he forgot things he'd said to me or he was confusing me with another patient. I've never felt that way at Kofinas Fertility or with Dr. Masbou. She remembers everything, follows up on what's going on in our everyday life outside of fertility, and genuinely seems invested in us being successful.
Describe the protocols Alexis Masbou used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
During IVF, we started with gonal-F and then swapped for menopur after a few days. Dr. Masbou didn't want to overstimulate me so we played it safe to start. We ended up with 22 eggs, 17 of which fertilized, 8 made it to freeze.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Lindsay and Christine are the best. In addition to emailing Dr. Masbou, I've also taken to emailing Lindsay when I have questions I know she can answer and she's been the absolute best. My husband refers to her as "Janet" (from the Good Place) as she always pops up to help you with whatever you need.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They're very thorough with testing and I remember feeling like they were overdoing the diagnostic testing in the beginning. Now, being further along in this journey, I'm glad that they're really trying to get to the root of our problems and not just lump us into the "unexplained" category forever. Sometimes it's frustrating because you want to be pregnant NOW and all these tests delay the process but they're truly trying to figure out exactly what they're dealing with to give you the best chance of success.
Very easy. You can make an appointment for a specific time or just show up at any point between 7 and 9am. Never waited more than a few minutes in their UWS Manhattan office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group.
IVF with PGS and one year of storage (without insurance coverage) was $22,500. They were able to work it out with my insurance company to have the meds covered.
Describe Alexis Masbou's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
1 PGS embryo transfers only.

2020, Consult
She [Dr. Melissa Montes] listened and was reassuring yet honest in terms of my conditions of fibroids. She shared that her job was to get me pregnant and there were options if I was willing. They would conduct IVF on me despite my advanced age...She did a through consultation and discussed full medical history. She conducted a physical exam...single embryo transfer.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] clinic 's staff are through and professional. They are kind and respectful to the diverse group of clients. The billing department also ensures that the services are through. Weaknesses - none...he nursing staff was kind and compassionate... clinic has taken Blue Cross/Blue Shield - I've only had to pay co-pays ($30 per visit/bloodwork). For IVF is over 45 years of age, they take GHI/Emblem Health.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She listened and was reassuring yet honest in terms of my conditions of fibroids. She shared that her job was to get me pregnant and there were options if I was willing. They would conduct IVF on me despite my advanced age. This was reassuring to me. I was terrified that my dream of becoming a mother would not come to pass. There are no guarantees yet I am holding onto to hope and faith that I can get pregnant and carry my baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Be open.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Natural supplements such as a Prenatal Vitamin, CoQ10, Mitchrondial Optimizer. I also added DHEA. I was given Clomid and did well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic 's staff are through and professional. They are kind and respectful to the diverse group of clients. The billing department also ensures that the services are through. Weaknesses - none
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have been fortunate to say what the clinic has taken Blue Cross/Blue Shield - I've only had to pay co-pays ($30 per visit/bloodwork). For IVF is over 45 years of age, they take GHI/Emblem Health.
Describe Melissa Montes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Wanted to optimizer chances of healthy pregnancy - single embryo transfer.

2015 - 2020, Successful
Dr Kofinas is extremely positive even when the situation seem dim, he fights with his patient to get the desired results. He's compassionate I the event something unexpected happens, he has a wary with words that provides encouragement. ... My pregnancy was very high risk so transferring multiple embryos was not recommended ...
I felt like human because as soon as I walked in [to Kofinas Fertility], they knew my name by face, I had my doctor's cell phone number and I felt like not only Dr. Kofinas but all the doctors knew me and were very familiar with my situation. ... Very humane set of staff Professional Clean Friendly Know you by name ... There may be long waits in the morning Doctors are compassionate Dr Kofinas and Dr Narine for sure are excellent doctors They may be a little bit delayed in returning your calls due to the volume is patients they have
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Stay informed and ask a lot is questions. Follow instructions exactly as they are given and be on time with your meds
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I felt like human because as soon as I walked in, they knew my name by face, I had my doctor's cell phone number and I felt like not only Dr. Kofinas but all the doctors knew me and were very familiar with my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
They are excellent at following the doctors instructions. When taking blood, they are mindful to keep you comfortable and not try more than twice
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very humane set of staff Professional Clean Friendly Know you by name There may be long waits in the morning Doctors are compassionate Dr Kofinas and Dr Narine for sure are excellent doctors They may be a little bit delayed in returning your calls due to the volume is patients they have
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
At least$30000
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
2019, Consult
Dr Montes was warm friendly and smiling. She listened as I spoke and answer all of my questions. She was truthful and knowledgeable. She cared about me and my situation and was just a pleasure. I completely trust her...is a wonderful doctor. She is very smart and will explain everything to you in detail. She was warm and kind and really took her time to answer my questions. As she examined me she explained every step and stopped to answer my questions and then continued. I feel very safe with her and know I am getting the best care. So happy to be her patient.
[Nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group are] Amazing! Sweet and skilled...Amazing place with a great team. Return calls when they say they will. Always helpful with insurance and appointments. They see a lot of people. They are always friendly and smiling when they see you...Dr Montes is a wonderful doctor. She is very smart and will explain everything to you in detail. She was warm and kind and really took her time to answer my questions. As she examined me she explained every step and stopped to answer my questions and then continued. I feel very safe with her and know I am getting the best care. So happy to be her patient.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust in her. Ask questions. I always tell people to be there own advocate no matter who the doctor is.
I am just starting. I will be meeting with her in the next 2 weeks to plan out exactly the step we will take to reach my goal. I am realistic and hopeful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Amazing! Sweet and skilled.
Melissa Montes

DR. Narine was very kind and explained everything to you with great bedside manners....She is a very patient doctor with great bedside manner and make sure you understand what the procedure is gonna be and how to take all medications that's assigned to you. I love that she is straight forward with you and dont tell you what she wants you to hear or what sounds good.... They have a good friendly staff but they are too expensive
They [Kofinas Fertility] have a good friendly staff but they are too expensive and when it comes to my medication it took a while for me to get them cause they didnt put it into the right pharmacy so I had to come out of pocket and purchase their meds til I get my own to reimburse them after... DR. Narine was very kind and explained everything to you with great bedside manners....She is a very patient doctor with great bedside manner and make sure you understand what the procedure is gonna be and how to take all medications that's assigned to you. I love that she is straight forward with you and dont tell you what she wants you to hear or what sounds good.
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Ask lots of questions and call her if she is good with returning call.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the protocols Levica Narine used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Clomid menopur gonal f and cetrotide
Patients and kind
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They have a good friendly staff but they are too expensive and when it comes to my medication it took a while for me to get them cause they didnt put it into the right pharmacy so I had to come out of pocket and purchase their meds til I get my own to reimburse them after
Describe the costs associated with your care under Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe Levica Narine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
No comments didnt make it that far
Levica Narine
Brooklyn Center
Dr. Melissa [Montes] was very caring and understanding, gave advise and explained all that needed to be explained to me. Talked about what the expectations were and the pros and cons of what is to expected. Will highly recommend dr. Melissa to anyone because she was compassionate, careful, caring but very professional and passionate about her job
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility] was very knowledgeable , compassionate, caring and professional. Every patient was dedicated and tried to help out the best way they could. By giving directions. O. How to use medications, helped with bbn injection ; ... Because of my advanced age 45, multiple embryos transfer was done ... The protocol that was used for me was cetrotide, menopur, lovenox
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Melissa was very caring and understanding, gave advise and explained all that needed to be explained to me. Talked about what the expectations were and the pros and cons of what is to expected. Will highly recommend dr. Melissa to anyone because she was compassionate, careful, caring but very professional and passionate about her job
Caring, passionate and professional
There were nice, talk9to you about what was going on and making one feel worthwhile
The protocol that was used for me was cetrotide, menopur, lovenox
Nice and professional
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic was very knowledgeable , compassionate, caring and professional. Every patient was dedicated and tried to help out the best way they could. By giving directions. O. How to use medications, helped with bbn injection ;
Because of my advanced age 45, multiple embryos transfer was done
Melissa Montes

My treatment strategies were carefully coordinated by [Dr. Sullivan-Pyke] and [other]. Because I have diminished ovarian reserve and high FSH, it was necessary to be closely monitored. This usualy entailed being at the office 3 -4 times a week for bloods and sonograms. Depending on my hormone levels and the sonograms they would carefully construct medication protocols that catered to the individual needs of my body. In my particular case, too much stimulation was not necessary
Monitoring [at Kofinas Fertility Group] takes place between 7am and 9am. It is first come first serve unless you are just coming for blood work only. There is an ipad when you first walk in that you check in. It is a very organized process...I am very fortunate to have medical insurance. However, with that being said I have so far spent since March of 2019 about $25,000. This includes copays, medications, and procedures.
How was your experience with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Kofinas are extremely warm and caring individuals. Every single dealing I have had with them has been extremely pleasant and professional. They take the time to carefully craft your protocol because they understand that not every woman's reproductive journey is the same.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Kofinas are honest and will not "sugar coat" a prognosis. I totally respect this approach and encourage it. While many may see this as being harsh, the truth is that their honesty and transparency are what helped me navigate this difficult journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Kofinas are by far the most caring physicians I have ever met. Both always take the time to answer all of my questions with care and precision. They always make me feel as though I'm the most important case regardless of how busy their day is. These qualities make this difficult journey very tolerable. They gave me the strength I needed to move forward no matter how hard the journey has been.
Describe the protocols Chantae Sullivan-Pyke used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
My treatment strategies were carefully coordinated by Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Kofinas. Because I have diminished ovarian reserve and high FSH, it was necessary to be closely monitored. This usualy entailed being at the office 3 -4 times a week for bloods and sonograms. Depending on my hormone levels and the sonograms they would carefully construct medication protocols that catered to the individual needs of my body. In my particular case, too much stimulation was not necessary. This is a very careful science and so protocols for each cyle varied and because of that it is hard to remember the exact treatment strategies.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses and staff at the clinic always make me feel like I am apart of their family. They are very caring, kind and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I believe the clinis has many strengths one being that they genuinely care about their patients and that is a very motivating factor duirng this journey. The one weakness is that there needs to be better and clearer communication among the nursing staff.
Monitoring takes place between 7am and 9am. It is first come first serve unless you are just coming for blood work only. There is an ipad when you first walk in that you check in. It is a very organized process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe Chantae Sullivan-Pyke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
After 2 cycles of IVF my body was only able to produce 1 egg for an embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
A few times the nurses have not called in prescriptions to the pharmacy and i had to call a few times to get it completed.
Chantae Sullivan-Pyke
Lower Manhattan

We [Dr. Chantae Sullivan-Pyke] only did three cycles of IUI. I was scheduled for laparoscopy surgery to check to see if I had endometriosis and to make sure my uterus had no issues before moving forward. She wanted to check to see if there were any issues before we moved on to either IUI or proceeded with IVF. We were planning to determine which path to take based on the results of the procedure....
All of my needs and most procedures took place at the Manhattan Office (65 Broadway)[Kofinas Fertility Group]. Everyone was well aware of what was going on. Financial advisors were extremely knowledgeable about my coverage. The doctors and nurses were able to help me navigate prescription drug coverage as well...I wish that they had an MSW or Psychologist on staff to counsel women when they do not have a successful cycle or miscarry. To their credit, they do offer referrals for counselors, therapists, and support groups.
How was your experience with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
The comprehensive medical plan was explained empathetically with detail. She shared all of my results with me and explained how the treatment plan addressed my needs as a patient. She asked us if we had any questions, so that both my husband and I can voice our concerns.
Ask questions when she asks if you have any. She is willing to explain your treatment plan and how the science works.
The doctor explains each step in the process and the purpose of each medication. The doctor also checked in to see how I was doing during each cycle and asked me if I had any questions.
We only did three cycles of IUI. I was scheduled for laparoscopy surgery to check to see if I had endometriosis and to make sure my uterus had no issues before moving forward. She wanted to check to see if there were any issues before we moved on to either IUI or proceeded with IVF. We were planning to determine which path to take based on the results of the procedure. Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit NYC, I have been in touch with her and am continuing on my regimen of medications to ensure that all my hormone levels remain ideal for fertility when we resume treatment this summer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff returns your calls within the day. Each nurse has been friendly and supportive. Nurses are also able to answer questions about the process and were extremely helpful with explaining and teaching me how to take a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: One-stop shopping. All of my needs and most procedures took place at the Manhattan Office (65 Broadway). Everyone was well aware of what was going on. Financial advisors were extremely knowledgeable about my coverage. The doctors and nurses were able to help me navigate prescription drug coverage as well. Weaknesses: I wish it were closer to my home. I wish that they had an MSW or Psychologist on staff to counsel women when they do not have a successful cycle or miscarry. To their credit, they do offer referrals for counselors, therapists, and support groups.
I have GHI/Emblem Health and as a public school teacher, my copayments consisted of lab fees ($20) and doctor visit fees ($50 per visit). IUI cycles were covered by my insurance company.
Not applicable. We did not discuss this yet.
Chantae Sullivan-Pyke
Lower Manhattan

My experience as a patient [of Dr. Masbou] was extremely positive. She was able to explain each step of the multiple processes involved in an IVF Cycle. Her knowledge and expertise is evident, as she is able to explain treatment plans, treatments, and the rationale behind them. Dr. Masbou was able to help prepare me both mentally and physically for the demands and changes that would occur along with Egg Retrieval, Embryo Creation and Preservation, Frozen Embryo Transfer, and Early Pregnancy. She was extremely responsive in a prompt manner to the any questions, concerns, and nervousness that arose over the course of treatment. Her positive and optimistic attitude works wonders during an extremely stressful time and process. As a patient I was fortunate to have been under her care. It is evident she has a passion for her field and expertise and any patient is in the safest hands under her care.
Kofinas Fertility is an extremely well oiled machine. It has been around for quite some time...Although nothing is perfect, they have been nothing but perfect towards me. There is no stone left unturned from prognosis to treatment. They made one of the scariest and most helpless times of my husbands’ and my life so much less frightening and way more manageable...All of the nursing staff were amazing throughout the course of my treatment. Lindsay was extremely helpful with all questions, concerns, and vaccination tutorials. She also was prompt with relaying results.
How was your experience with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou is the embodiment of an exemplary doctor. My experience as a patient was extremely positive. She was able to explain each step of the multiple processes involved in an IVF Cycle. Her knowledge and expertise is evident, as she is able to explain treatment plans, treatments, and the rationale behind them. Dr. Masbou was able to help prepare me both mentally and physically for the demands and changes that would occur along with Egg Retrieval, Embryo Creation and Preservation, Frozen Embryo Transfer, and Early Pregnancy. She was extremely responsive in a prompt manner to the any questions, concerns, and nervousness that arose over the course of treatment. Her positive and optimistic attitude works wonders during an extremely stressful time and process. As a patient I was fortunate to have been under her care. It is evident she has a passion for her field and expertise and any patient is in the safest hands under her care.
Trust her because she beyond knows what she is doing.
Dr. Masbou embodies everything a doctor should be. She is caring, competent, beyond thorough, proactive, extremely knowledgable, informative, compassionate, and makes very scary situations extremely manageable.
Egg Retrievals: Dr. Masbou used Estrogen Priming during my Ovarian Stimulation in hopes of achieving optimal results in embryos reaching the blastocyst stage. The more embryos you have the greater likelihood it will lead to a live birth. Laparoscopy: Dr. Masbou diagnosed and advised removal of one of my Fallopian Tubes, which had hydrosalpinx, which can effect treatment success rates significantly. Embryo Transfer: Dr. Masbou had me prepare for a Frozen Embryo Transfer using Lupron. This is effective in quieting your reproductive system down. She also helped me manage a blood clotting disorder using a blood thinner to prevent miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an extremely well oiled machine. It has been around for quite some time, is staffed by the best and most efficient doctors in the city. When searching for a clinic and torn between two, when it came to Kofinas, the reoccurring quote I heard from multiple people in the Tri-State area was: “They get everybody pregnant.” Although nothing is perfect, they have been nothing but perfect towards me. There is no stone left unturned from prognosis to treatment. They made one of the scariest and most helpless times of my husbands’ and my life so much less frightening and way more manageable.
Most of my care was covered under my insurance plan. Anything additional, such as PGS Testing were presented to us an in open-ended fashion, with costs, pros, and cons on the table in an honest manner.
My doctor recommended a single embryo transfer due to age and other appropriate situational factors.
Lower Manhattan
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. ... Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses [Kofinas Fertility Group] need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy. I would like to be told at all times why a cycle is cancelled. When I don’t know I get stressed out.
Ask questions, ask questions ask questions. Feel comfortable asking, it’s your life it’s your baby’s life. No question is too stupid. Tell the doctor how you feel about the process and how it’s affecting you. Don’t be superwoman. They are your medical caregivers and they are also your support outside of home. They are warm people so don’t be shy. Also book early appointments or you could wait esp when it’s close to a holiday weekend.
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. Amazing. I don’t feel like cattle.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I used progesterone for a few days then stopped that and began clomid based on blood tests. Then clomid and Cetrotide then clomid, cetrotide and menopur. Then trigger shot. Then gonal and I can’t remembwr the rest. My follicles grew, they matured nicely as planned and they fertilized on their own. They made it to day 5 blastocysts. They didn’t pass the genetics test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and another wonderful primary nurse.)
Wonderful kind accommodating helpful. It was as if I was getting everything for free or I had already paid everything in full. Truly a great team.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations. I myself didn’t particularly care for that but I think some people do not care.
It was not a cattle call. I don’t like that word “cattle”, who came up with that word to describe human beings? Anyhow, it was a well oiled machine. I l have been seeing Dr Kofinas for four months, my first procedure being in January 2019 I have only had a long wait (over 40 minutes) three times and I went there a lot.
My insurance covers $10000. The rest I paid
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My nurse misunderstood an order from dr Kofinas about progesterone and gave me instructions according to her understanding. However what Kofinas fertility does is to keep you informed of your progress every step of the way so before I did anything because we thought the instructions a bit contrary, I emailed Dr Kofinas to confirm and he called me almost right away. Apologized and gave me the correct instructions.
Lower Manhattan

Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional ... I was given a treatment for my hormones because I was having menstration disorder and she made sure that the treatment I was doing it right she even call me to make sure I was doing it right ... I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave ... I don’t remember the nurses by name but I know them by face they are very supportive and very kind ...
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional .My experience with her is always good I will recommend her to anyone . I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
The advice that I will give to a prospective patient is to write all your questions that you have to ask her and she will be very gladly to answer you .
She is a great doctor she is always willing to explain to you everything you want to know . She makes you feel comfortable and she really knows what she is doing and saying very dedicated with her patients .
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave .
I have a co payment of $50 dollars all the time I have to see her and others payments for blood test and sonogram. To do the IVF and other procedure I have to pay $10,000 out of pocket but I can not afford that
Lower Manhattan

Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one. He assured us he would do his best to try and find the reason we were unable to conceive after all this time. He agreed we should exhaust all diagnostics before moving forward with any treatments like IUI or IVF.... He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility] is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.... So far I have not had much interaction with the nurses other than my office visits but they have always been very informative and friendly.... Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
So far we have just done a consult, ultrasounds, blood work, an endometrial biopsy and an exploratory laparoscopy that found and removed stage 2 endometriosis. He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
no cycles done yet
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.
Unfortunately, Dr kofinas is out of network so there have been more costs than with my other clinic. However, I have been aware of all out of pocket costs prior to any procedure.
Lower Manhattan

Dr Kofinas keeps a good eye on each patient. He delegates to other staff members and he is very experienced. He is honest and offers answers to most questions. I would have preferred to be more included in my care rather than having a paternalistic approach.... [Eset Approach] They opted for 2 but being older I would have preferred 1.... Compared to the other centers I have been to, it is an average approach to Ivf. I chose him because he is close to where I live and the reviews sounded good.
Strength: they [Kofinas Fertility Group] are well located in a hospital with a good reputation. They are clean and have ok staff. Weaknesses: they are very slow with the morning visits and we have to come in many times a week... We had to wait long hours. At times we had to wait 2hours....They had (not so nice) nurses that you communicate with and the pacts were super nice and organized.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Kofinas keeps a good eye on each patient. He delegates to other staff members and he is very experienced. He is honest and offers answers to most questions. I would have preferred to be more included in my care rather than having a paternalistic approach. I found that some tests he required were not necessary. Compared to the other centers I have been to, it is an average approach to Ivf. I chose him because he is close to where I live and the reviews sounded good.
You need a lot of time as you will be asked to go almost every day.
There are too many patients and the waiting time is long.
I don’t remember everything. Down regulating then used menipur. Then antibiotics with steroids the day before.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strength: they are well located in a hospital with a good reputation. They are clean and have ok staff. Weaknesses: they are very slow with the morning visits and we have to come in many times a week, making treatment a real hassle.
We had to wait long hours. At times we had to wait 2hours.
They opted for 2 but being older I would have preferred 1.
Lower Manhattan
Dr. Jason Kofinas had a plan to slowly stimulate the ovaries and slowly grow he follicles so that to achieve as many mature follicles as possible without over stimulation. He also suggested that we don’t transfer more than one embryo at a time to aim at a single healthy pregnancy. He was definitely right about that since we ended up with a very healthy baby boy...was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was amazing. He is a knowledgeable doctor who provided us with the best course of treatment for our issues, he is professional, compassionate, a good communicator and a great doctor. He listened to our concerns and provided us with his treatment plans each and every step of the way. Made us feel involved in our treatment and made sure we understood what we were undergoing.
One piece of advice would be to never give up and to trust the treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
The entire nurse team was amazing. They always provided me with information, amazing care and treatment and made me feel comfortable in their office at all times.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an amazing Fertility that is made up of an amazing team. I received care from Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. George Kofinas. They were professional and compassionate and provided me with the best care. The entire team at Kofinas Fertility is great to work with, very patient and absolutely lovely. During such a stressful time they provided me with support and information and gave me hope that I will achieve the baby I always dreamed of. They never made me feel rushed or pressured and always gave me the opportunity to ask questions and communicate my each and every concern. We are so pleased with their treatment and we look forward to going back for our second try.
A large portion of our treatments was covered by our insurance. The out of pocket costs were minuscule to the overall cost of IVF. I can’t complain about the 3K retrieval cost and $1,500 transfer cost. We were very lucky to have so much covered by insurance.
Dr. Jason Kofinas educated us on the risks involved with multiple embryo transfers. Risks that we didn’t know about. At first I was sure I wanted to have a twin pregnancy but now that we ended up transferring one healthy embryo and we ended up with one healthy baby boy, I couldn’t be happier with our decision.
Lower Manhattan
Dr. Narine was warm and caring. We had a great frank discussion at the beginning of my treatment where we outlined goals and expectations. Every visit was fairly quick and easy. Dr. Narine answered any questions I had at each visit. Dr. Narine called to check on me during and after my treatments at her practice. I would strongly recommend Dr. Narine if a friend asked for a reference for an infertility doctor.
[The nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Care are] Very kind and attentive and positive. Always helpful...[monitoring is] Quick and efficient. Did not feel rushed...Early morning appointments which are helpful to get to work on time. ALWAYS work with you with your insurance coverage and ensuring you get your medications on time and at a good price...We measured my hormone levels and monitored my ovaries via ultrasound every other day during my retrieval process, and adjusted medications accordingly. Once pregnant, we also monitored my hormone levels and embryo/fetus via ultrasound and adjusted my medications accordingly. Once the first trimester was completed, Dr. Narine referred me to a great high risk doctor who also monitors my pregnancy with great care and precision.
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She's great.
Dr. Naurine and her staff were always kind and helpful. Made us feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very kind and attentive and positive. Always helpful.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Early morning appointments which are helpful to get to work on time. ALWAYS work with you with your insurance coverage and ensuring you get your medications on time and at a good price. Overall my sister and I have both used the Kofinas Infertility practice and only have great things to say
Quick and efficient. Did not feel rushed.
5-6,000
Levica Narine

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Brzechffa misdiagnosed me with a dermoid cyst and said that I needed surgery to remove it from my ovary before they would proceed with fertility treatments. When he "confirmed" the diagnosis over the phone, he hung up on me after I asked if there was any way to proceed with fertility treatments without removing the cyst. Luckily I got a second opinion and found that it was NOT a dermoid (it was a hemorrhagic cyst) and would resolve on its own WITHOUT surgery. Further, I found a better doctor who said that there was NO reason I could not proceed with fertility (egg retrieval) tx, which is a big deal given my age (39) at the time.
I only had labs and an ultrasound [at Kofinas Fertility]...I went to the clinic initially because of the discount on treatment that they advertised, but it turned out that what I had to pay was entirely dependent on my insurance coverage, which made it feel like a scam. Their Brooklyn clinic, which is where I went has since closed down, but Dr. Brzechffa is still working at their Staten Island location.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Don't go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I felt more like a number rather than a human because he told me to "google it" after misdiagnosing me with a dermoid cyst in the middle of my transvaginal ultrasound.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I only had labs and an ultrasound.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I did not interact with them enough to comment.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
With my insurance, it was pretty standard.
Describe Peter Brzechffa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Staten Island

Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care...I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor...recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB. Nursing Staff
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group]. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Just once, when I was waiting to start on Metformin there was an issue getting the order to my pharmacy so I had to call the Dr. on call to re-issue the order because I was about to travel for a week.
Staten Island

[Dr. Masbou] provided my husband and I with choices on how to proceed with certain procedures and fertility treatment plan...She always responds to phone calls and emails in a timely fashion (even on the weekends)...With each cycle my treatment plan changed which produced more eggs each cycle. I really feel that the adjustments [she] made each cycle regarding the medication and treatment plan assisted with obtaining our eggs...strongly suggested single embryo transfer due to my medical condition
The nurses [.at Kofinas Fertility Group] are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They respond to all questions/concerns timely. I have gone through 3 IVF cycles. One of the nurses said to me that I have been so strong throughout this process...They have early morning hours that I was able to come and still get to work on time. Also, I was impressed by their work ethic...They have multiple offices throughout NYC which makes it very convenient
How was your experience with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou is extremely attentive and informative. She explained all procedures in an informative and caring fashion. She provided my husband and I with choices on how to proceed with certain procedures and fertility treatment plan. We never felt like a number throughout the process. She always responds to phone calls and emails in a timely fashion (even on the weekends). Dr. Masbou has been so helpful and has made this journey easier then I expected.
Dr. Masbou is extremely attentive. She responds to any and all questions/concerns faster then any doctor I have ever seen. She never makes you feel like you are a bother or asking a stupid question. She makes you feel like an individual and not giving a cookie cutter treatment plan.
Dr. Masbou and the staff at Kofinas Fertility Clinic are very professional, compassionate, and friendly. Dr. Masbou would always get back to me and answer all my questions in a timely fashion and with such empathy during this challenging time.
I went through 3 IVF cycles and obtained 2 genetically viable eggs. With each cycle my treatment plan changed which produced more eggs each cycle. I really feel that the adjustments that Dr. Masbou made each cycle regarding the medication and treatment plan assisted with obtaining our eggs. I am very thankful for her attention to my needs as a patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They respond to all questions/concerns timely. I have gone through 3 IVF cycles. One of the nurses said to me that I have been so strong throughout this process to be able to go through 3 cycles. That one statement made my day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very thorough and really want to give you the best chance of having a baby. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They have multiple offices throughout NYC which makes it very convenient. The two offices I have have seen are clean and well kept. Overall a very positive experience.
The monitoring appointments were very convenient for me. I work Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. They have early morning hours that I was able to come and still get to work on time. Also, I was impressed by their work ethic. The doors were open normally 30 minutes prior to their shift starting, so you could come in, sign in, and sit. The staff would start taking patients right away. You did not have to wait for exactly 7am to be called back. It was something that was unexpected.
I feel the cost were appropriate.
Dr. Masbou strongly suggested single embryo transfer due to my medical condition.
Upper West Side

Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body...He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services... As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation.
I think the facility [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one articl
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Well I’m just going to repeat what I wrote previously. As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation. He always made sure that I understood what was happening and what the next steps would be. He is a very skilled professional who cares about his patients safety and well being through this emotional roller coaster ride. I felt completely safe in good hands the entire way.
I would tell a prospective client to relinquish your ideas about control. Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body just be open to trusting in him, the staff and the process.
I was always treated like a person with Dr. Jason and the entire staff. In fact, they feel more like extended family these days. He was always patient and kind and answered all of my questions on the phone, in person via email. Every step of the way he explained everything in a manner that was easy to comprehend. He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!They each knew my name and were friendly. We often times chatted about other things and it really helped to lighten things up. They were always helpful and professional and most important kind.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I think the facility is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one article.
I don’t recall the specific break down of most but I think PGS testing $5,000 retrieval $3500 storage
Upper West Side

He [Dr. Kofinas] was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. ... His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR. ... Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. ... Overall the staff [Kofinas Fertility] were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. ... Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. ...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. He and Dr. Montes were kind and taylored my medications to me. It wasn’t just a standard all patients get the same protocol. My meds, my doses were specific to my needs.
His main goal is to get you pregnant. The other doctors in the practice all work under his supervision. Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Kofinas was very kind. He was interested in explaining what others called unexplained infertility. His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were very helpful. Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. They would inject your morning meds if needed. The surgery coordinator Jessica was great. They weren’t overly/fake friendly either. The were efficient and wanted be sure you had all you needed before leaving the office.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall the staff were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. Calls are returned in a timely manner and you get your instructions before you leave. You do have to wait in the mornings for monitoring but nothing out of the ordinary from the other 4 REs I’ve been to. I will definitely return for future cycles if I need to.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. They were efficient in turning the patients over while giving each person there needed time. You will have to wait that is how it is. I've been to 5 different offices and they all have the same walk-in monitoring format.
I have medical insurance which covered most of the process. The medications was a range on quantity. You should know they only accept cash for medication. Co-pays, facility charges, PGS testing a credit card is ok but medication only cash.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
One thing is I would have liked to know the number of embryos made sooner than at my next appointment. This was probably due to the weekend as my embryo count would have been finalized Sunday evening. My only complaint from an otherwise great experience.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. ... The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm.
At Dr. Kofinas office [Kofinas Fertility Group] all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests. ... The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. I have people I used to work with that went to him and had success stories so I was really hoping to have this opportunity to have my chance to become a mom. The biggest problem is that it is so costly 25,000 and I can't afford it because I support both my parents and work full time. It's very hard for me.
Put your trust and your dreams into Dr. Kofinas hands, he will assure you you are in the right hands.
At Dr. Kofinas office all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests.
I had sonograms and a biopsy test done to tell if I can become pregnant. The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm. The tests were going to tell me if I had any chance to try and become pregnant. I remember going in for the results and we were so nervous but the doctor told us we can get pregnant that the results came back and I would carry most likely to term and the cervix size looked good and all that. We were ecstatic however out dreams got shattered when we found out the cost of it. We really want to become parents its really hard to save when we are supporting both of my parents. Wish we could find our miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were very welcoming and explained all the steps and what was going to be done whenever I had a visit.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very welcoming and always tries to answer all of your questions. The office at Dr. George Kofinas is very spacious and very well situated. They have couches chairs and plants situated very nicely in the waiting room. I was very pleased waiting there, usually I'm nervous at appointments however sonething about this place made me feel welcomed. One thing that could be a downside is the doctor you get might not be in on the days and time you may need. The work hours are from I believe 7 am to 5pm. I know for me it was a bit hard to schedule appointments around my work schedule, however thank God I was able to make appointments to see such amazing and kindhearted doctors who really listen to your stories and try to help you in the best way they can. The blood work if I'm correct is all done in the morning. I found that sometimes you can be placed on hold for awhile and sometimes it would be too long that you would just hang up and call back again. The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability. I would definitely recommend this team of doctors and nursing staff to anyone who is looking to start a family. The doctors here are reliable and always try to get back to you if you call or answer any questions you may have. I was recommended from girls I used to work with because they have had success stories of getting pregnant with Dr. kofinas so I said hey what do I have to lose. I am happy I gave myself a chance I'm just sad because we don't have the necessary funding to make our dreams come true. I am continuously praying and hoping for a miracle everyday because I would love to start a family of my own. I believe everyone deserves a chance at that. I would definitely recommend this office and wonderful team of doctors to anyone who wants or has dreams to start a family. They have many successful patients I am only hoping to add to that number of successes they have had over many many years.
It cost us over $2,000 for consultation, sonograms and biopsy. The total of the procedure we need is 25,000 plus additional charges I seen on the paper for egg retrieval and other things .

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. George Kofinas is extremely caring, very knowledgeable and a true perfectionist. ... All the procedures done for me were done with highest degree of quality and the recovery was very quick. Dr. Kofinas never gave a slightest room for error, every decision that was made was done with perfection. ... Dr. Kofinas is very diligent and always makes sure you understand every step of the procedure.
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very much unkept, very clean and always make me feel comfortable. With state of the art equipment and techniques this clinic makes me very confident and that there is no cutting corners. ... The staff are amazing, very pleasant and professional, everyone knowing your name, to seamless scheduling, fantastic communications and patient service - making each visit stressless and my partner and I have felt so confident the whole time.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. George Kofinas is extremely caring, very knowledgeable and a true perfectionist. My experience has been nothing but outstanding, I am completely taken away by his expertise in the field of fertility and medicine. Dr. Kofinas always takes the time to explain related medical terms and conditions. He is friendly and genuine that really makes me feel like I am part of a family. I have done few procedures with Dr. Kofinas and they were all done perfectly and as planned. Truly blessed to be in good hands with Dr. Kofinas.
My advice is to trust Dr. Kofinas and follow his instructions and you will have successful result. Dr. Kofinas is very knowledgeable and has many years of experience in this field of practice. I would also advice to ask any questions that you may have, Dr. Kofinas is very diligent and always makes sure you understand every step of the procedure. My main advice is to be patient and confident, you will be rewarded.
Dr. George Kofinas and his team made the whole process as easy as they possibly could and really felt like they were supporting us the whole time. The atmosphere is very personal and friendly, everyone knows you by name and very welcoming. Special attention to detail and very professional during every visit. Every single detail was so thoughtful and help you stay in the best state of mind for this important moment.
George Kofinas always works out a strategy depending on each specific situation. Before any treatment strategies are developed each patient's situation is thoroughly evaluated and thought through. During step by step process, detailed instructions were given while closely monitoring results. In my situation results were very positive and always as planned, extra time taken to make sure that a given strategy worked flawlessly. All the procedures done for me were done with highest degree of quality and the recovery was very quick. Dr. Kofinas never gave a slightest room for error, every decision that was made was done with perfection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica, Angela)
The staff are amazing, very pleasant and professional, everyone knowing your name, to seamless scheduling, fantastic communications and patient service - making each visit stressless and my partner and I have felt so confident the whole time. The nurse take their time to make sure you are completely comfortable and truly seek to make you feel special every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very much unkept, very clean and always make me feel comfortable. With state of the art equipment and techniques this clinic makes me very confident and that there is no cutting corners. The waiting area is spacious and feels luxurious with many patient rooms available.
My cost are generally very fair and mostly covered by my private medical insurance. There were some cost associated with certain medication but the prices were reasonable. There was a payment plan option available as well, which was very convenient.
The doctor had strong preference to single embryo transfer. He carefully explained that in my specific situation only one embryo transfer was possible. His approach viewed all possible strategies and after thorough consideration with me, we decided on a safe and smart decision, which very positive results.
Upper West Side

I was told [by Dr. Brzechffa] I had to do a laparoscopy although all other tests were completely normal - especially the sonohysterography. I was prescribed viagra to improve my lining while my lining was perfect according to all other clinics I saw afterwards. At the end of the conversation he always added that it may never work and he kept pointing out my age...doesn’t do any of the checkups nor any of the procedures. I o my saw him for conversational appointments.
No one from the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] ever followed up on anything by themselves. Not for blood results nor fertilization rates. The only time they actually called me was to tell me I’m not pregnant. They sell meds there. Cash only. Compared to my cycle at a different clinic that actually did work, they over-medicated me. Also ran way more tests than necessary...Nurses were seen at a counter in the hallway which is where they also sold you the meds. There was no privacy whatsoever and at times long wait times to get the meds and instructions. They did not have a dedicated nurse for their patients. Just as the doctors for checkups - everything was at random
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When I had questions I was told to google it. He tried talking me into unnecessary procedures and medications. I saw 4 clinics afterwards and none of those doctors agreed with any of that. For example - I was told I had to do a laparoscopy although all other tests were completely normal - especially the sonohysterography. I was prescribed viagra to improve my lining while my lining was perfect according to all other clinics I saw afterwards. At the end of the conversation he always added that it may never work and he kept pointing out my age. Dr B doesn’t do any of the checkups nor any of the procedures. I o my saw him for conversational appointments.
If you want to see a dr that cares at this facility, see dr Sullivan-. She was the only doctor there that seemed to actually care about the patients.
No one from the clinic ever followed up on anything by themselves. Not for blood results nor fertilization rates. The only time they actually called me was to tell me I’m not pregnant. They sell meds there. Cash only. Compared to my cycle at a different clinic that actually did work, they over-medicated me. Also ran way more tests than necessary.
575iu Gonal then 575 Menopur 5 days of 100mg For the transfer lupron, progesterone suppositories and injections, 20mg prednisone, estrogen pills 3 times a day Viagra suppositories 3 times a day prior to transfer to build up lining
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic wasn’t organized at all. Wait times were always long and you will never see the same doctor. No one knows your history and most doctors are just negative about everything. I felt like they only cared to make more money. It’s important to know that only Dr Kofinas himself does retrievals and transfers.
Always saw a different doctor. None of which were familiar with my chart or history. They would look up the meds from before while they see you and tell the nurse what to give me. It took up to 1.5-2 hours at times to get out of there. They scheduled test. Ore no i toting appointments then necessary - especially I. The beginning of the cycle which just added more stress.
About $20,000 overall (retrieval, PGS testing, transfer). Charged copays even for visits and procedures that weren’t covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Whenever they send prescriptions to my pharmacy, they didn’t send it right away. By the time I would get to the pharmacy (which took me 30 min) the prescription was never there and I had to call the clinic to remind them. Nothing was ordered in advance - even though they knew what meds would be needed. Fertility meds were sold at the clinic directly. Cash only. The negativity of most doctors and nurses there really wore me down. Always pushed for more (unnecessary) year and procedures. Never explained why those would be needed. Was told to google it when I had questions.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. B [Brzechffa] was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain...From the start he was kind and talkative.... Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
My nurse [at Kofinas Fertility] for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful...One of their strengths would be they don't have a set appointment schedule between the hours of 7-9am. So you can just walk right in and be seen by a doctor or a nurse for blood draws. They are also very welcoming. When it comes to weaknesses I would say one is that it does take a while to hear back from them if you leave a message for a nurse or doctor. Calling in for results usually ends up an all day game of phone tag. Other than that I love this facility and would recommend it to anyone ttc.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B hit it off with me right from the start. When I first started my journey with Kofinas Institute I originally had another doctor. She had gotten pregnant and was having complications so majority of the time she'd be on leave. They tried to fit me in with another doctor but she was very cold. Like ice. So I requested another doctor. That's when I met Dr.B. From the start he was kind and talkative. I was just about to do my 2nd IUI (of a back to back IUI process) and was completely shaken up as my first IUI had gone terribly just 2 days prior. He made me so relaxed that I barely even felt the catheter go through. He even let me know about my tilted uterus which no other doctor had ever informed me. Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
He likes to talk so be prepared to listen.
Dr. B was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain. I appreciated that because other doctors would just poke and prod me like cattle. He wasn't my regular doctor at first, but after my doctor quit the facility I made it my business to request him for each of my visits thereafter.
Prior to being under the care of Dr.B I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and d&c because an HSG exam did not work for me. While inside they found a large mass weighing down my left Fallopian tube which they removed. They also found endometriosis stage 1 which they too removed. My tubes were reportedly open and I was give. The green light to begin ttc again. 2 weeks after surgery I started my first round of Clomid 50mgs. It failed. After that I did 3 more cycles of Clomid 50mgs. Ovulation didn't occur and pregnancy wasn't achieved. I was told I would need to go the route of injections. While under the care of Dr.B I was on a 75iu then 125iu of Gonal-F switching everyday for about 2 weeks. I'd go in every other day for an ultrasound and blood draws. When my eggs matured I was given the OK to do my trigger shot of Novarel. 2 days after triggering I went in for my IUI. I did this routine for 4 months. Each cycle was a failed attempt and none achieved pregnancy. After my final IUI I was told by Dr.B during a consult visit that IVF would be my last hope at achieving a pregnancy. Since then we've been trying but struggling to save up our pennies to make that happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
My nurse for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful. No matter how nerve wrecking the appointment she'd manage to calm me. The day I found out I'd need surgery she was there and managed to ease all the fear within me. There are a few really great nurses there but she's definitely one of the best.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
My copay was $50 per visit. I had to visit every other day for 3 weeks per month. My injections out of pocket were $80 per injection. I used about 21 injections per cycle. Those were the only costs I had to endure during my past treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
In the past I've had a few problems with getting a nurse to call me back after leaving a few messages for test results or prescriptions. They were few and far between but it has happened.