7.3

718.736.2218
1550 Richmond Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
55 Central Park W

Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. ... Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses [Kofinas Fertility Group] need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy. I would like to be told at all times why a cycle is cancelled. When I don’t know I get stressed out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Ask questions, ask questions ask questions. Feel comfortable asking, it’s your life it’s your baby’s life. No question is too stupid. Tell the doctor how you feel about the process and how it’s affecting you. Don’t be superwoman. They are your medical caregivers and they are also your support outside of home. They are warm people so don’t be shy. Also book early appointments or you could wait esp when it’s close to a holiday weekend.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. Amazing. I don’t feel like cattle.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I used progesterone for a few days then stopped that and began clomid based on blood tests. Then clomid and Cetrotide then clomid, cetrotide and menopur. Then trigger shot. Then gonal and I can’t remembwr the rest. My follicles grew, they matured nicely as planned and they fertilized on their own. They made it to day 5 blastocysts. They didn’t pass the genetics test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and another wonderful primary nurse.)
Wonderful kind accommodating helpful. It was as if I was getting everything for free or I had already paid everything in full. Truly a great team.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations. I myself didn’t particularly care for that but I think some people do not care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It was not a cattle call. I don’t like that word “cattle”, who came up with that word to describe human beings? Anyhow, it was a well oiled machine. I l have been seeing Dr Kofinas for four months, my first procedure being in January 2019 I have only had a long wait (over 40 minutes) three times and I went there a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My insurance covers $10000. The rest I paid
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My nurse misunderstood an order from dr Kofinas about progesterone and gave me instructions according to her understanding. However what Kofinas fertility does is to keep you informed of your progress every step of the way so before I did anything because we thought the instructions a bit contrary, I emailed Dr Kofinas to confirm and he called me almost right away. Apologized and gave me the correct instructions.

2021 - 2022, 4 Eggs Frozen
From minute one we knew Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was in it with us and deeply cared about helping create our family. He always took the time to explain every detail and answer our unending questions. At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed...When he made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation....
each interaction with Dr C and the team [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was professional, personal, and supportive...never felt like a number and everyone at Kofinas, not just Dr. C, seemed to be very invested in our care. They never seemed annoyed by our never-ending questions...At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed...When he [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation...
How was your experience with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr C. is the best! We worked with Dr Chatzicharalampous and the Kofinas team for a little over a year and could not be happier with our experience. Every trip to the office and each interaction with Dr C and the team was professional, personal, and supportive. Fertility and IVF are stressful under even the best of circumstances and I can't imagine having worked with anyone else. From minute one we knew Dr. C was in it with us and deeply cared about helping create our family. He always took the time to explain every detail and answer our unending questions. At no point did we feel like just another patient, overlooked or rushed. We even came up with our own in-house motto of "in Dr C. We Trust!" When he made a suggestion or recommendation it was so comforting to be absolutely confident that his way was truly what was best for us and our specific situation. When we are ready to grow our family in a few years we look forward to going back to Kofinas and being greeted by a friend who will successfully guide us on the next step in our journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust Dr. C!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I always appreciated that I never felt like a number and everyone at Kofinas, not just Dr. C, seemed to be very invested in our care. They never seemed annoyed by our never-ending questions. Thank you!
Charalampos Chatzicharalampous

2021, Consult
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties...He worked with us around dietary and behavior changes to increase sperm count, and provided me with the testing I needed to see if the fertility issues we had could be explained...responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on...
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly...He [Dr. Kofinas] referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Jason was referred to working with us after we were with a different clinician who wasn't knowledgeable about trans issues. He was friendly and was very open to working around our insurance difficulties. The office was open to working with us and addressing some of the gender essentializing forms, but we were definitely having to do a lot of work to explain what we needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Jason is very nice and was helpful, my advice would be to make sure immediately that you are connected to a trans informed provider, as everyone there was 'nice' but our first provider said a lot of things that made it difficult to build trust
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was friendly and responsive to our questions, good treatment but went 3 times and only got some of the more pressing information later on
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They advertise as LGBTQ friendly, and I think everyone there is nice, but they weren't really prepared to work with a trans couple. They were very open to working on our suggestions however. When we needed a more informed physician were were given one quickly
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He referred me to testing facilities that took my medicaid, there was a pretty hefty cost for sperm testing even with insurance - I think 200 per test
Lower Manhattan

Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional ... I was given a treatment for my hormones because I was having menstration disorder and she made sure that the treatment I was doing it right she even call me to make sure I was doing it right ... I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave ... I don’t remember the nurses by name but I know them by face they are very supportive and very kind ...
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Montes is a very dedicated with her patients very kind and have the patient to explain you everything and she is very professional .My experience with her is always good I will recommend her to anyone . I have not done my procedure of IVF because I can not afford the total amount but I had surgery with her and other treatments so When I could afford the treatment I will be ready .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
The advice that I will give to a prospective patient is to write all your questions that you have to ask her and she will be very gladly to answer you .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She is a great doctor she is always willing to explain to you everything you want to know . She makes you feel comfortable and she really knows what she is doing and saying very dedicated with her patients .
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is a very organize and a very clean clinic . They are very professional and explain very well and give you the attention you need.They are very attentive when you arrive and when you leave .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have a co payment of $50 dollars all the time I have to see her and others payments for blood test and sonogram. To do the IVF and other procedure I have to pay $10,000 out of pocket but I can not afford that
Describe Melissa Montes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Melissa Montes
Lower Manhattan

Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one. He assured us he would do his best to try and find the reason we were unable to conceive after all this time. He agreed we should exhaust all diagnostics before moving forward with any treatments like IUI or IVF.... He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility] is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.... So far I have not had much interaction with the nurses other than my office visits but they have always been very informative and friendly.... Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
So far we have just done a consult, ultrasounds, blood work, an endometrial biopsy and an exploratory laparoscopy that found and removed stage 2 endometriosis. He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
no cycles done yet
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.
Unfortunately, Dr kofinas is out of network so there have been more costs than with my other clinic. However, I have been aware of all out of pocket costs prior to any procedure.
Lower Manhattan

Dr Kofinas keeps a good eye on each patient. He delegates to other staff members and he is very experienced. He is honest and offers answers to most questions. I would have preferred to be more included in my care rather than having a paternalistic approach.... [Eset Approach] They opted for 2 but being older I would have preferred 1.... Compared to the other centers I have been to, it is an average approach to Ivf. I chose him because he is close to where I live and the reviews sounded good.
Strength: they [Kofinas Fertility Group] are well located in a hospital with a good reputation. They are clean and have ok staff. Weaknesses: they are very slow with the morning visits and we have to come in many times a week... We had to wait long hours. At times we had to wait 2hours....They had (not so nice) nurses that you communicate with and the pacts were super nice and organized.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Kofinas keeps a good eye on each patient. He delegates to other staff members and he is very experienced. He is honest and offers answers to most questions. I would have preferred to be more included in my care rather than having a paternalistic approach. I found that some tests he required were not necessary. Compared to the other centers I have been to, it is an average approach to Ivf. I chose him because he is close to where I live and the reviews sounded good.
You need a lot of time as you will be asked to go almost every day.
There are too many patients and the waiting time is long.
I don’t remember everything. Down regulating then used menipur. Then antibiotics with steroids the day before.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strength: they are well located in a hospital with a good reputation. They are clean and have ok staff. Weaknesses: they are very slow with the morning visits and we have to come in many times a week, making treatment a real hassle.
We had to wait long hours. At times we had to wait 2hours.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They opted for 2 but being older I would have preferred 1.

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinas always greets you with a smile on his face and is always very encouraging...very thorough & knowledgeable in his field - he took the time to thoroughly figure out my situation and gave me the confidence I would be able to enjoy the gift of motherhood one day. He helps reassure you & keep you calm through this whole process which is so necessary...always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is gorgeous - very clean & soothing to be in. It’s great they have multiple locations. While it’s great they have open hours in the mornings - sometimes the wait times can be a little longer...Dr. Kofinas & his team are always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles...The nursing staff is terrific - always available to answer questions & give you guidance along this journey.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Kofinas is very thorough & knowledgeable in his field - he took the time to thoroughly figure out my situation and gave me the confidence I would be able to enjoy the gift of motherhood one day. He helps reassure you & keep you calm through this whole process which is so necessary
Dr. Kofinas provides expert care & knowledge - this whole process can be frustrating at times but have patience he will achieve the goals / family you so desire !
Dr. Kofinas always greets you with a smile on his face and is always very encouraging … the positive vibes are always appreciated & needed through this process
Dr. Kofinas & his team are always adjusting the strategies & game plan in cycles … hoping to achieve the desired result… I do ‘natural cycles’ but each one has been modified a little based on different factors / hormone levels , etc
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff is terrific - always available to answer questions & give you guidance along this journey.. I specifically have worked with Christina who is amazing & is a great liaison between the doctors
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is gorgeous - very clean & soothing to be in. It’s great they have multiple locations. While it’s great they have open hours in the mornings - sometimes the wait times can be a little longer but always remember the big goal in the end ;)
Monitoring hours are great because it allows for flexibility all around - of course that sometimes comes with wait times. Many times the wait was perfect - no longer than 15 minutes but a few times (after a holiday , a weekend , etc ..) the wait was a bit longer
This can be an expensive process but the clinic does everything it can to make it as easy for you & fortunately our insurance was able to cover a good amount
Never really discussed it but know they prefer eSET for the best positive result
Lower Manhattan
[Dr. Sullivan-Pyke] is everything a fertility doctor should be she is extremely knowledgeable and full of empathy. She is responsive via email or phone call and is always open to answering questions or concerns...takes the time to thorough explain what is to be expected throughout the process she has amazing bedside manner...Do not hesitate to see her she is great
Great facility great group of doctors and staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group]. Surgical facility is everything it should be. There is great coordination among all departments make it is easier to get questions answered. Finance is the only department I would say can communicate better...Nurses were responsive and provided adequate and accurate instruction throughout the process if I have questions I can easily reach them
How was your experience with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Doctor Sullivan is everything a fertility doctor should be she is extremely knowledgeable and full of empathy. She is responsive via email or phone call and is always open to answering questions or concerns
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Do not hesitate to see her she is great
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Doctor Sullivan takes the time to thorough explain what is to be expected throughout the process she has amazing bedside manner
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Great facility great group of doctors and staff. Surgical facility is everything it should be. There is great coordination among all departments make it is easier to get questions answered. Finance is the only department I would say can communicate better
Efficient well oiled machine
Chantae Sullivan-Pyke
Lower Manhattan
[Dr. Sullivan-Pyke] is amazing. Shes very patient , explain all procedures and protocols. She is always smiling, and very warming. I recommend her as a doctor she truly loves helping her patients and she has great communication... Since I was considered a high risk patient before hand it was best to transfer 1 embryo and it worked...she was non judgmental which made me comfortable to speak to her.
The strength of this clinic [at Kofinas Fertility Group is] they truly care and will try to get every single patient pregnant and they do many testing to diagnose the issue. The weakness is its a bit expensive clinic. Even with great insurance I still came out of pocket for about 7,000...Since I was considered a high risk patient before hand it was best to transfer 1 embryo and it worked!
How was your experience with Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. sullivan-Pyke is amazing. Shes very patient , explain all procedures and protocols. She is always smiling, and very warming. I recommend her as a doctor she truly loves helping her patients and she has great communication.
Trust her she will do everything in her power to make your dream come true and become a parent!
Dr. Sullivan always treated me with warmth, caring, respect, and she was non judgmental which made me comfortable to speak to her.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The strength of this clinic they truly care and will try to get every single patient pregnant and they do many testing to diagnose the issue. The weakness is its a bit expensive clinic. Even with great insurance I still came out of pocket for about 7,000.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Chantae Sullivan-Pyke at Kofinas Fertility Group.
7K-10k
Describe Chantae Sullivan-Pyke's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Chantae Sullivan-Pyke

2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments...Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid...he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease...he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later...
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything...Excellent nurses!..the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was having trouble getting pregnant naturally and wanted to make sure everything was ok with my body. I went with different opinions of doctors and finally decided to see Dr. Kofinos because I wanted to be seen by the best. When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid. I was sooooo nervous about having the surgery! But after he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease. I booked appointment for the surgery and he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later. I was I’m utter shock! Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed.
Trust his advice and protocols. If you are unsure, he is only an email away.
Dr. Kofinos was asked me what my family goals were and explained in detail the steps I should take to reach desired goals. He also gave me options so I feel comfortable. Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments.
Prior to surgery, I was given clear directions and it was easy to follow.
Excellent nurses!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything. For example, I didn't know which prenatal vitamin were best and they were able to recommend the best one.
My health insurance covered majority of my bills. I had Co-payments.
Lower Manhattan
Dr. Jason Kofinas had a plan to slowly stimulate the ovaries and slowly grow he follicles so that to achieve as many mature follicles as possible without over stimulation. He also suggested that we don’t transfer more than one embryo at a time to aim at a single healthy pregnancy. He was definitely right about that since we ended up with a very healthy baby boy...was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was amazing. He is a knowledgeable doctor who provided us with the best course of treatment for our issues, he is professional, compassionate, a good communicator and a great doctor. He listened to our concerns and provided us with his treatment plans each and every step of the way. Made us feel involved in our treatment and made sure we understood what we were undergoing.
One piece of advice would be to never give up and to trust the treatments.
Dr. Kofinas was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
The entire nurse team was amazing. They always provided me with information, amazing care and treatment and made me feel comfortable in their office at all times.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an amazing Fertility that is made up of an amazing team. I received care from Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. George Kofinas. They were professional and compassionate and provided me with the best care. The entire team at Kofinas Fertility is great to work with, very patient and absolutely lovely. During such a stressful time they provided me with support and information and gave me hope that I will achieve the baby I always dreamed of. They never made me feel rushed or pressured and always gave me the opportunity to ask questions and communicate my each and every concern. We are so pleased with their treatment and we look forward to going back for our second try.
A large portion of our treatments was covered by our insurance. The out of pocket costs were minuscule to the overall cost of IVF. I can’t complain about the 3K retrieval cost and $1,500 transfer cost. We were very lucky to have so much covered by insurance.
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Dr. Jason Kofinas educated us on the risks involved with multiple embryo transfers. Risks that we didn’t know about. At first I was sure I wanted to have a twin pregnancy but now that we ended up transferring one healthy embryo and we ended up with one healthy baby boy, I couldn’t be happier with our decision.
2019 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. George Kofinas] really cares and will try everything to reach his goal. He will really follow up on you...one egg extraction, and got three blastocyst. The first one just did not attached, the second attached but miscarried after two weeks, and the third round worked! I did the ERA test before implanting the third time which changes my time of implantation. I also started on the intralipids on the second implantation.
It [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very clean, with all new equipment and an amazing operation room. You have the choice between three locations which is very convenient as well, and you can move from one location to another if desired...It [monitoring appointments] is not by appointment so the waiting time would vary. The wait could be very long or short depending on the day...They [nurses] are very responsive and will always return your call or follow up on your prescriptions...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I highly recommend George Kofinas. When I mention his name to my OB or other professional in the field, they all mentioned him as a doctor who has been doing miracles! and he does! He really cares and will try everything to reach his goal. He will really follow up on you and make sure you leave his office with a baby!
My advice is to keep doing what is is best and known for, we need you doctor Kofinas!
The staff was very responsive and answered all questions the patient may have. Kofinas and his staff really cared to reach their goal, and they will!!
I did one egg extraction, and got three blastocyst. The first one just did not attached, the second attached but miscarried after two weeks, and the third round worked! I did the ERA test before implanting the third time which changes my time of implantation. I also started on the intralipids on the second implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very responsive and will always return your call or follow up on your prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I would highly recommend this clinic. It is very clean, with all new equipment and an amazing operation room. You have the choice between three locations which is very convenient as well, and you can move from one location to another if desired.
It is not by appointment so the waiting time would vary. The wait could be very long or short depending on the day.
I my case I had three blastocysts so George Kofinas did not want to implant two at a time.
2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr George Kofinas is brilliant. His clinic is his baby and he treats it as such. He possesses a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and thorough and does not rush me or my questions...After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas. I am now a proud IVF mom to two healthy, beautiful boys, one born in 2017 and the other in 2020. Today was my third transfer by Dr George Kofinas himself. He transferred each embryo successfully himself over the years...
After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas...I found so much comfort in knowing that the doctors I worked with in 2016 are still working there in 2021. That says a lot about their work place culture and their commitment to their craft. The staff in the nursing office in Staten Island are fantastic as well, and always promptly answered all of my messages and phone calls...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr George Kofinas is brilliant. His clinic is his baby and he treats it as such. He possesses a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and thorough and does not rush me or my questions. He transferred all three of my embryos (2 boys as a result) and I am currently waiting in two weeks to see if embryo three will also result in a positive pregnancy test.
I cannot say enough about Kofinas Fertility Group. After years of trying to conceive naturally, and using another fertility doctor that could not help me, I went to Kofinas. I am now a proud IVF mom to two healthy, beautiful boys, one born in 2017 and the other in 2020. Today was my third transfer by Dr George Kofinas himself. He transferred each embryo successfully himself over the years (and hopefully this third one as well). I tell everyone I know, he has the Hand of God! His practice has grown significantly over the years, which is a testament to its success rates alone. I predominantly went to the Staten Island office for monitoring, with all procedures happening at 65 Broadway in Manhattan. I have worked with Dr Montes in the past (the doc with the gorgeous hair!), who is also wonderful, and Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. Narine previously, who are also just the absolute best in the field. At the Staten Island office, I always saw Dr. B, who is truly an exceptionally bright, kind, and wonderful human being. His unwavering enthusiasm and ability to keep my hope alive even throughout the hardest parts of my fertility journey are something I will always be grateful for, every time I look at my boys. I found so much comfort in knowing that the doctors I worked with in 2016 are still working there in 2021. That says a lot about their work place culture and their commitment to their craft. The staff in the nursing office in Staten Island are fantastic as well, and always promptly answered all of my messages and phone calls. My girl Sadie at the Staten Island office has been there with me since my journey first began, and I cant tell you how much I adore her! I cannot overstate enough how grateful I am to Kofinas and his staff for giving me a new purpose in life through my children. My advice to other women struggling, trust in the process, as I know it is long and tedious, and follow the medication regiment to a T. I kept a medical notebook throughout my entire journey just to help me remember my questions, and when I took medications. I would also recommend 3x daily pill boxes that can also help you organize your meds much more easily. Thank you Kofinas Fertility Group for giving me the family I once never thought was possible.
The doctors all knew me by name. Always friendly and never rushed.
Slow increase of medications such as progesterone and estrogen. Lupron use until a about a week before transfer. They meticulously measured lining of the uterus and measures hormone levels with blood work each visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Sadie and Cleo)
All the nursing staff were wonderful. I loved seeing them each visit, because they were so kind.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic has grown immensely over the years, due to its success rates. Sometimes there is a wait for monitoring, but there will be a wait with any good clinic. I will gladly wait an extra while for a visit to get the outcomes I have received with using Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very structured and routine, ran well.
for my latest transfer, with office co pays and embryo thawing and the transfer procedure itself, probably around 5k out of pocket.
I believe Dr Kofinas encourages single embryo transfers because of heightened risk to mother and fetus with multiple embryo transfers.
Lower Manhattan
Dr. Narine was warm and caring. We had a great frank discussion at the beginning of my treatment where we outlined goals and expectations. Every visit was fairly quick and easy. Dr. Narine answered any questions I had at each visit. Dr. Narine called to check on me during and after my treatments at her practice. I would strongly recommend Dr. Narine if a friend asked for a reference for an infertility doctor.
[The nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Care are] Very kind and attentive and positive. Always helpful...[monitoring is] Quick and efficient. Did not feel rushed...Early morning appointments which are helpful to get to work on time. ALWAYS work with you with your insurance coverage and ensuring you get your medications on time and at a good price...We measured my hormone levels and monitored my ovaries via ultrasound every other day during my retrieval process, and adjusted medications accordingly. Once pregnant, we also monitored my hormone levels and embryo/fetus via ultrasound and adjusted my medications accordingly. Once the first trimester was completed, Dr. Narine referred me to a great high risk doctor who also monitors my pregnancy with great care and precision.
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She's great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Naurine and her staff were always kind and helpful. Made us feel very comfortable.
Describe the protocols Levica Narine used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very kind and attentive and positive. Always helpful.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Early morning appointments which are helpful to get to work on time. ALWAYS work with you with your insurance coverage and ensuring you get your medications on time and at a good price. Overall my sister and I have both used the Kofinas Infertility practice and only have great things to say
Quick and efficient. Did not feel rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.
5-6,000
Levica Narine
Lower Manhattan

She [Dr. Narine] has nice bed side manners and seems to care. She does answer questions that we might have by email which is nice...We only did egg retrieval so far. Everything seems pretty standard with what is needed for that including pre natal supplements, trigger shots etc. Our eggs retrieval count seems to be below average. Not sure if that can be control by them or us.
It [Kofinas Fertility Group] does seem a bit on the expensive side compared to other clinic. Also it is out of network for our insurance. Strength the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the early morning and sometimes late clinic times which is helpful for people who are working... Only complaint is that sometimes we don't get a call back [from nurses] as promised and twice our prescription wasn't sent to our local pharmacy and we had to call and have them resend.
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She has nice bed side manners and seems to care. She does answer questions that we might have by email which is nice. We are still in the process so we don't know if it will work or not yet. We did egg retrieval but it wasn't as many as we have hoped for. Not sure if that is within their control or ours.
I would recommend her as she is nice and knowledgeable.
Everyone at the downtown Manhattan clinic would greet us by name. Friendly Staffs who answers your questions quickly via phone or email.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall very nice and friendly. We like them. Only complaint is that sometimes we don't get a call back as promised and twice our prescription wasn't sent to our local pharmacy and we had to call and have them resend.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall it is a decent clinic. It does seem a bit on the expensive side compared to other clinic. Also it is out of network for our insurance. Strength the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the early morning and sometimes late clinic times which is helpful for people who are working.
Monitoring hours are usually early mornings around 7am to noon I think. Unfortunately sometimes there is a bit of a wait time as you can come in anytime but everyone else are coming in during that time too so we can all go to work by 8am
While the clinic is out of network, our insurance did cover a majority of the visits so far. We only have a limited amount of lifetime coverage for fertility which will unfortunately run out soon. some stuff were not covered like genetic testings, medicine, supplements, various other tests.
Describe Levica Narine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I think the doctor is hesitant to do more than one embryo at a time since we are not in the older age range.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses forgot to send in our prescription to our local pharmacy twice. Sometimes there is a slight wait time in the morning hours which is not good for people who needs to run to work.
Levica Narine

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Brzechffa misdiagnosed me with a dermoid cyst and said that I needed surgery to remove it from my ovary before they would proceed with fertility treatments. When he "confirmed" the diagnosis over the phone, he hung up on me after I asked if there was any way to proceed with fertility treatments without removing the cyst. Luckily I got a second opinion and found that it was NOT a dermoid (it was a hemorrhagic cyst) and would resolve on its own WITHOUT surgery. Further, I found a better doctor who said that there was NO reason I could not proceed with fertility (egg retrieval) tx, which is a big deal given my age (39) at the time.
I only had labs and an ultrasound [at Kofinas Fertility]...I went to the clinic initially because of the discount on treatment that they advertised, but it turned out that what I had to pay was entirely dependent on my insurance coverage, which made it feel like a scam. Their Brooklyn clinic, which is where I went has since closed down, but Dr. Brzechffa is still working at their Staten Island location.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Don't go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I felt more like a number rather than a human because he told me to "google it" after misdiagnosing me with a dermoid cyst in the middle of my transvaginal ultrasound.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I only had labs and an ultrasound.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I did not interact with them enough to comment.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
With my insurance, it was pretty standard.
Describe Peter Brzechffa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Peter Brzechffa
Staten Island

Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care...I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor...recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB. Nursing Staff
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group]. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Just once, when I was waiting to start on Metformin there was an issue getting the order to my pharmacy so I had to call the Dr. on call to re-issue the order because I was about to travel for a week.
2021 - 2022, Successful
He remembered stuff about me that I wouldn’t expect a doctor to know and it made me feel like he really was invested in helping us get pregnant and not just a paycheck for him...I see how many people are in and out of his office every day and he is very personal, knowledgeable, and makes me feel at ease...From the start of our very first consultation with my husband and I last year he took the time to breaks down everything. It felt like a long process of testing and blood work and various procedures
Highly recommend the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group], making appointments is easy, the check in process is easy; the front desk receptionist is nice and cordial: I am never waiting for a long time to be seen. It’s clean and up to date...These nurses work hard and are also very caring and compassionate. While drawing blood we would make small talk and it made me feel good like these people really care.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
This guy is amazing. I see how many people are in and out of his office every day and he is very personal, knowledgeable, and makes me feel at ease. I cannot think of a single weakness about him; this guy is the real deal. As a patient I knew I was in good hands.
Always be honest about how you’re feeling and any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Dr. B not only was a professional doctor, but you can tell he really cares about his patients and I just wasn’t another number to him. He remembered stuff about me that I wouldn’t expect a doctor to know and it made me feel like he really was invested in helping us get pregnant and not just a paycheck for him.
From the start of our very first consultation with my husband and I last year he took the time to breaks down everything. It felt like a long process of testing and blood work and various procedures to make sure I was fit to have a pregnancy. He knew exactly what was the cause of my infertility and once that was addressed I became pregnant
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Highly recommend the clinic, making appointments is easy, the check in process is easy; the front desk receptionist is nice and cordial: I am never waiting for a long time to be seen. It’s clean and up to date.
I had a 50 dollar copay at every appointment
Peter Brzechffa

2021 - 2022, Successful
During our first meeting, he [Dr. Kofinas] listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day...He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Strengths: kind, patient and thoughtful staff that know you by name. During both monitoring appointments and even challenging surgeries, you feel like you have a friend by your side, who are rooting and cheering you on from the sidelines. Receptionist answer calls quickly and always make sure your question/issue is resolved. Both offices (55 Central Park West and 65 Broadway) are state of the art and kept pristine...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
With Dr. Kofinas, there’s no heir of superiority, arrogance or a godlike complex like I’ve experienced with other doctors. He exudes calmness, peace and positivity during some of the most difficult times. He’s business when necessary but you can have a laugh with him. He’s funny and makes you feel so comfortable. There could be 20 girls waiting for their monitoring appointment and he’ll still take the time to answer ALL of my questions (both reasonable and ridiculous). I could email me at anytime of the day and always received a response within 24 hours. He always made every attempt to work around my job (I’m a teacher) when scheduling procedures or appointments. Other than being the best at what he does, he made us feel like he was in our corner, cheering us on every step of the way.
Listen to what he says and trusts his process.
When we first met Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I had just experienced a failed donor egg transfer from a previous doctor. We were absolutely devastated. It was the lowest point of our 3 year fertility journey. We both felt like we were running out of time, money and hope. When we met with Dr. Kofinas, I didn’t know what to expect. Part of me wasn’t expecting much because I’ve come to learn that IVF isn’t a guarantee. It’s a chance for a family. The other part of me was hoping he could make miracles happen. During our first meeting, he listened to our story, let me cry and get it all out without interrupting or rushing us out of his office. Dr. Kofinas explained in detail, how he treats patients, the process and the steps involved. When I left the appointment, I felt super informed. We had a plan and literally hit the ground running the next day.
1. Progesterone Oil Injection: 1.5 cc IM every morning 2. Progesterone Suppository: 1 suppository 2 times per day 3. Lovenox 40mg prefilled syringe: 2x a day 4. Estradiol 2 mg tablet: 4x a day (3 oral and I vaginal) 5. Prednisone: 10 mg tablet 2x a day 6. Metformin: 750 mg XR tablet 2x a day 7. Weekly Intralipid infusions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Haley Roche and Natalie Green )
Haley Roche Primary Nurse: smart, kind, compassionate, patient, loving, funny and gentle are the words that come to mind. One day I had a question about one of my medications. I called and she stayed on the phone with me for over an hour, explaining everything medication I’m taking, why I’m taking it, and what the next steps are. She was the calm to my storm. I’m overly anxious and worried, but I always knew I could email her with any thing and instantly I would be out to ease. During my last appointment, I sat in her office and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t put into words how much her level of care meant to my husband and I. She’s absolutely phenomenal at her job. Any patient that walks through the door is in the best of hands with Haley. Natalie Green Egg Donor Consultant: Before meeting Natalie and Dr. Kofinas, my husband and I spent 10 months and $40,000 using a 3rd party egg donor, only to end up with 0 viable embryos. Our former doctor provided us with no guidelines or support. It felt like a dirty and uncomfortable version of online dating. It was a complete waste of time, money and literally broke our hearts. During our first conversation with Natalie, she asked my husband and I to put together a “wish list” for our potential donor. It was such an incredible feeling to know that someone was helping us to find our perfect match. We weren’t looking through pages and pages of women or changing what we wanted so that we could find a suitable match. Within days, Natalie found us a match that checked off every box on our list. Natalie listened to what we wanted, explained the process and just kept reassuring us that we’re not alone and we’re going to find the perfect donor. The first time I saw a picture of our donor, it literally took my breath away. She was perfect in every way and I knew she was going to be the start of our family. Again, being overly anxious and scared I had so many concerns. Natalie just kept reassuring me that no matter, she’s got a PLAN B, we always have other choices and options and that our journey would continue until we were parents. That’s all I ever wanted to hear. That we still had a chance and that’s what Natalie gave us. We love her for that. .
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Donor egg purchase: $24,000 Copayments at monitoring appointments: $50.00 Copayments for surgery: $500.00
N/A we only had 1 embryo to transfer.
Upper West Side

[Dr. Masbou] provided my husband and I with choices on how to proceed with certain procedures and fertility treatment plan...She always responds to phone calls and emails in a timely fashion (even on the weekends)...With each cycle my treatment plan changed which produced more eggs each cycle. I really feel that the adjustments [she] made each cycle regarding the medication and treatment plan assisted with obtaining our eggs...strongly suggested single embryo transfer due to my medical condition
The nurses [.at Kofinas Fertility Group] are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They respond to all questions/concerns timely. I have gone through 3 IVF cycles. One of the nurses said to me that I have been so strong throughout this process...They have early morning hours that I was able to come and still get to work on time. Also, I was impressed by their work ethic...They have multiple offices throughout NYC which makes it very convenient
How was your experience with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou is extremely attentive and informative. She explained all procedures in an informative and caring fashion. She provided my husband and I with choices on how to proceed with certain procedures and fertility treatment plan. We never felt like a number throughout the process. She always responds to phone calls and emails in a timely fashion (even on the weekends). Dr. Masbou has been so helpful and has made this journey easier then I expected.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou is extremely attentive. She responds to any and all questions/concerns faster then any doctor I have ever seen. She never makes you feel like you are a bother or asking a stupid question. She makes you feel like an individual and not giving a cookie cutter treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Masbou and the staff at Kofinas Fertility Clinic are very professional, compassionate, and friendly. Dr. Masbou would always get back to me and answer all my questions in a timely fashion and with such empathy during this challenging time.
Describe the protocols Alexis Masbou used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I went through 3 IVF cycles and obtained 2 genetically viable eggs. With each cycle my treatment plan changed which produced more eggs each cycle. I really feel that the adjustments that Dr. Masbou made each cycle regarding the medication and treatment plan assisted with obtaining our eggs. I am very thankful for her attention to my needs as a patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses are very knowledgeable and compassionate. They respond to all questions/concerns timely. I have gone through 3 IVF cycles. One of the nurses said to me that I have been so strong throughout this process to be able to go through 3 cycles. That one statement made my day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very thorough and really want to give you the best chance of having a baby. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They have multiple offices throughout NYC which makes it very convenient. The two offices I have have seen are clean and well kept. Overall a very positive experience.
The monitoring appointments were very convenient for me. I work Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. They have early morning hours that I was able to come and still get to work on time. Also, I was impressed by their work ethic. The doors were open normally 30 minutes prior to their shift starting, so you could come in, sign in, and sit. The staff would start taking patients right away. You did not have to wait for exactly 7am to be called back. It was something that was unexpected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Masbou at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I feel the cost were appropriate.
Describe Alexis Masbou's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Dr. Masbou strongly suggested single embryo transfer due to my medical condition.
Alexis Masbou
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends... I felt like he was invested in helping me have a child...Because of issues fibroids and scar tissue in my uterus, Dr. Kofinas only recommended single embryo transfers.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] clinic is clean, modern, new and organized. Justine at the front desk is kind, friendly, and welcoming. When you call the office, you feel comfortable and like someone is there to help you...All the nurses were kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. I felt like they all got to know me. They answered called in a timely manner, and they called with results each day. Instructions were always clear and written. The nurses were gentle and kind with difficult news and genuinely happy for me with good news.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends. I felt like he was invested in helping me have a child.
Be prepared for many tests and a lot of medication.
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his entire staff made a difficult fertility journey a wonderful experience. Dr. Kofinas is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He made sure that he was the one to see me at all important appointments, and he answered my nervous emails, even in the evenings and on weekends. The nurses take excellent care of you even on busy mornings. Their communication is consistent and timely, and instructions are always clear. Everyone was kind and sympathetic with difficult news and were genuinely happy to share positive news.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is clean, modern, new and organized. Justine at the front desk is kind, friendly, and welcoming. When you call the office, you feel comfortable and like someone is there to help you. I would highly recommend the upper west side office.
Upper West Side

Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body...He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services... As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation.
I think the facility [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one articl
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Well I’m just going to repeat what I wrote previously. As a patient I felt well cared for and valued. Dr. Jason was alway kind, patient and professional and compassionate. He was honest about expectations and focused on the best possible outcome for me and my situation. He always made sure that I understood what was happening and what the next steps would be. He is a very skilled professional who cares about his patients safety and well being through this emotional roller coaster ride. I felt completely safe in good hands the entire way.
I would tell a prospective client to relinquish your ideas about control. Dr. Kofinas will give it to you straight about what’s possible for you and your body just be open to trusting in him, the staff and the process.
I was always treated like a person with Dr. Jason and the entire staff. In fact, they feel more like extended family these days. He was always patient and kind and answered all of my questions on the phone, in person via email. Every step of the way he explained everything in a manner that was easy to comprehend. He always gave me options. I never really felt like a doctor/patient relationship because it was more like a team of amazing specialists working together for one goal. My experience with Dr. Jason was amazing and I would recommend him and the facility to anyone who is interested in their services.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!They each knew my name and were friendly. We often times chatted about other things and it really helped to lighten things up. They were always helpful and professional and most important kind.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I think the facility is very modern. It’s welcoming and doesn’t feel cold and sterile. Often times I would be so relaxed I would rest my eyes while waiting for my exam. There’s good music in the waiting room, the artwork is unique and the equipment seems high tech. I was very pleased. There are a ton of assorted magazines to hold your interest but you won’t be waiting long enough to get through one article.
I don’t recall the specific break down of most but I think PGS testing $5,000 retrieval $3500 storage
Upper West Side

He [Dr. Kofinas] was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. ... His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR. ... Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. ... Overall the staff [Kofinas Fertility] were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. ... Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. ...
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. He and Dr. Montes were kind and taylored my medications to me. It wasn’t just a standard all patients get the same protocol. My meds, my doses were specific to my needs.
His main goal is to get you pregnant. The other doctors in the practice all work under his supervision. Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Kofinas was very kind. He was interested in explaining what others called unexplained infertility. His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were very helpful. Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. They would inject your morning meds if needed. The surgery coordinator Jessica was great. They weren’t overly/fake friendly either. The were efficient and wanted be sure you had all you needed before leaving the office.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall the staff were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. Calls are returned in a timely manner and you get your instructions before you leave. You do have to wait in the mornings for monitoring but nothing out of the ordinary from the other 4 REs I’ve been to. I will definitely return for future cycles if I need to.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. They were efficient in turning the patients over while giving each person there needed time. You will have to wait that is how it is. I've been to 5 different offices and they all have the same walk-in monitoring format.
I have medical insurance which covered most of the process. The medications was a range on quantity. You should know they only accept cash for medication. Co-pays, facility charges, PGS testing a credit card is ok but medication only cash.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
One thing is I would have liked to know the number of embryos made sooner than at my next appointment. This was probably due to the weekend as my embryo count would have been finalized Sunday evening. My only complaint from an otherwise great experience.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. ... The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm.
At Dr. Kofinas office [Kofinas Fertility Group] all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests. ... The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. I have people I used to work with that went to him and had success stories so I was really hoping to have this opportunity to have my chance to become a mom. The biggest problem is that it is so costly 25,000 and I can't afford it because I support both my parents and work full time. It's very hard for me.
Put your trust and your dreams into Dr. Kofinas hands, he will assure you you are in the right hands.
At Dr. Kofinas office all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests.
I had sonograms and a biopsy test done to tell if I can become pregnant. The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm. The tests were going to tell me if I had any chance to try and become pregnant. I remember going in for the results and we were so nervous but the doctor told us we can get pregnant that the results came back and I would carry most likely to term and the cervix size looked good and all that. We were ecstatic however out dreams got shattered when we found out the cost of it. We really want to become parents its really hard to save when we are supporting both of my parents. Wish we could find our miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were very welcoming and explained all the steps and what was going to be done whenever I had a visit.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very welcoming and always tries to answer all of your questions. The office at Dr. George Kofinas is very spacious and very well situated. They have couches chairs and plants situated very nicely in the waiting room. I was very pleased waiting there, usually I'm nervous at appointments however sonething about this place made me feel welcomed. One thing that could be a downside is the doctor you get might not be in on the days and time you may need. The work hours are from I believe 7 am to 5pm. I know for me it was a bit hard to schedule appointments around my work schedule, however thank God I was able to make appointments to see such amazing and kindhearted doctors who really listen to your stories and try to help you in the best way they can. The blood work if I'm correct is all done in the morning. I found that sometimes you can be placed on hold for awhile and sometimes it would be too long that you would just hang up and call back again. The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability. I would definitely recommend this team of doctors and nursing staff to anyone who is looking to start a family. The doctors here are reliable and always try to get back to you if you call or answer any questions you may have. I was recommended from girls I used to work with because they have had success stories of getting pregnant with Dr. kofinas so I said hey what do I have to lose. I am happy I gave myself a chance I'm just sad because we don't have the necessary funding to make our dreams come true. I am continuously praying and hoping for a miracle everyday because I would love to start a family of my own. I believe everyone deserves a chance at that. I would definitely recommend this office and wonderful team of doctors to anyone who wants or has dreams to start a family. They have many successful patients I am only hoping to add to that number of successes they have had over many many years.
It cost us over $2,000 for consultation, sonograms and biopsy. The total of the procedure we need is 25,000 plus additional charges I seen on the paper for egg retrieval and other things .

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. George Kofinas is extremely caring, very knowledgeable and a true perfectionist. ... All the procedures done for me were done with highest degree of quality and the recovery was very quick. Dr. Kofinas never gave a slightest room for error, every decision that was made was done with perfection. ... Dr. Kofinas is very diligent and always makes sure you understand every step of the procedure.
The clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is very much unkept, very clean and always make me feel comfortable. With state of the art equipment and techniques this clinic makes me very confident and that there is no cutting corners. ... The staff are amazing, very pleasant and professional, everyone knowing your name, to seamless scheduling, fantastic communications and patient service - making each visit stressless and my partner and I have felt so confident the whole time.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. George Kofinas is extremely caring, very knowledgeable and a true perfectionist. My experience has been nothing but outstanding, I am completely taken away by his expertise in the field of fertility and medicine. Dr. Kofinas always takes the time to explain related medical terms and conditions. He is friendly and genuine that really makes me feel like I am part of a family. I have done few procedures with Dr. Kofinas and they were all done perfectly and as planned. Truly blessed to be in good hands with Dr. Kofinas.
My advice is to trust Dr. Kofinas and follow his instructions and you will have successful result. Dr. Kofinas is very knowledgeable and has many years of experience in this field of practice. I would also advice to ask any questions that you may have, Dr. Kofinas is very diligent and always makes sure you understand every step of the procedure. My main advice is to be patient and confident, you will be rewarded.
Dr. George Kofinas and his team made the whole process as easy as they possibly could and really felt like they were supporting us the whole time. The atmosphere is very personal and friendly, everyone knows you by name and very welcoming. Special attention to detail and very professional during every visit. Every single detail was so thoughtful and help you stay in the best state of mind for this important moment.
George Kofinas always works out a strategy depending on each specific situation. Before any treatment strategies are developed each patient's situation is thoroughly evaluated and thought through. During step by step process, detailed instructions were given while closely monitoring results. In my situation results were very positive and always as planned, extra time taken to make sure that a given strategy worked flawlessly. All the procedures done for me were done with highest degree of quality and the recovery was very quick. Dr. Kofinas never gave a slightest room for error, every decision that was made was done with perfection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica, Angela)
The staff are amazing, very pleasant and professional, everyone knowing your name, to seamless scheduling, fantastic communications and patient service - making each visit stressless and my partner and I have felt so confident the whole time. The nurse take their time to make sure you are completely comfortable and truly seek to make you feel special every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very much unkept, very clean and always make me feel comfortable. With state of the art equipment and techniques this clinic makes me very confident and that there is no cutting corners. The waiting area is spacious and feels luxurious with many patient rooms available.
My cost are generally very fair and mostly covered by my private medical insurance. There were some cost associated with certain medication but the prices were reasonable. There was a payment plan option available as well, which was very convenient.
The doctor had strong preference to single embryo transfer. He carefully explained that in my specific situation only one embryo transfer was possible. His approach viewed all possible strategies and after thorough consideration with me, we decided on a safe and smart decision, which very positive results.