LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

118 3rd Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
Upper West Side
55 Central Park West

2022 - 2023, Successful
I was very jaded by the time I came to Dr. Harry [Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous] . I was convinced from previous experience that I would never have a biological child...Dr. Harry got me pregnant on my first ever frozen transfer with my own embryo, which is something my husband and I never thought would be possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr. Harry...we can never convey what you have done for us.
Kofinas Fertility does all their procedures in their Manhattan office. The facility is VERY clean and run like a well oiled machine. The staff is very professional and responsive to your needs. I feel like the facility was the cleanest office I have every been to, including hospitals. I love that they also get fresh flowers delivered weekly...After experiencing 4 doctors prior to Dr. Harry, I can truly say I have never felt so taken care of from my doctor and nurses. They were all so committed and invested in my journey.
How was your experience with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was very jaded by the time I came to Dr. Harry. I was convinced from previous experience that I would never have a biological child. On my first meeting with Dr. Harry he asked me if after 20 rounds of IVF if I knew what my infertility issue was, to which I responded DOR. He informed me that's not a cause of infertility. He suggested to do a laparoscopy which revealed a lot of issues that my doctor fixed. I truly feel I could not have gotten pregnant without this procedure, which no doctor had ever brought up to me. None of my previous doctors would allow by embryos past day 3 as I only made 1-2 each cycle. Dr. Harry not only pushed my embryos past day 3 but was able to get me 2 day 5 good to great quality embryos. Dr. Harry got me pregnant on my first ever frozen transfer with my own embryo, which is something my husband and I never thought would be possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Dr. Harry...we can never convey what you have done for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust in his knowledge and recommendations. There were times I felt he was doing too much, but I followed what he said and now am pregnant for the first time in my life at 39 years old.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the protocols Charalampos Chatzicharalampous used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I only have 1-3 follicles a cycle so I thought I would be on low dosage protocols which I was surprised to find out that my dosage was higher than previous doctors had used on me. I was definitely questioning my protocol but I followed his instructions to the letter and am glad I did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I LOVED my nurses! I knew them by name and each one were so invested in my journey. They made me feel so welcomed and were good at taking bloods, which is sometimes hard to find, but I did not have any issues with any nurses. I hugged all my nurses when I graduated.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
This would be the only negative experience. The good thing is you always get your doctor but the wait for monitoring hours can easily go up to 1.5 hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charalampos Chatzicharalampous at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I was very fortunate that Kofinas took my insurance so my costs were very minimal.
Describe Charalampos Chatzicharalampous's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My doctor would only allow 1 embryo transfer which is what I wanted. He allowed me to chose which embryo to transfer first but suggested to transfer the best quality first.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The only issue that came up was with the billing department. I was incorrectly told by the front desk that my procedure for that day was not covered by my insurance which it was. I asked to talk to the billing department head who came out and said that the procedure was covered by my insurance and that she didn't know why the front desk is claiming otherwise. This was a little aggravating as it caused me stress before my procedure.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Strengths: AMAZING and smart doctors, family-run vibe, accepting of all walks of life, non-judgmental, high touch (you see the doctors every time!), and easy to access locations Weakness: Finances were still super confusing to me - but I guess that's just anything related to insurance...Dr. (Harry) Chatzicharalampous was extremely empathetic throughout the course of our IVF journey. He was patient with our many, many questions and we never felt rushed or dismissed. Once we were pregnant, Dr. Harry continued to be there as a support for us throughout a quite complicated pregnancy.
There will never be enough thanks to put into words all that Dr. (Harry) Chatzicharalampous did for us. Right from the start he was both kind and direct about what to expect throughout the experience. I've always had a fear around the pain associated with the gyno, but Dr. Harry was gentle, fast, and efficient. He made a high-stressed situation bearable with his constant updates and compassion. We believe it was thanks to his tweaking of my personal protocols that we were able to get 40 (!!!) eggs from our first retrieval and were lucky to have the first be a success. Dr. Harry was there to provide support for us during what proved to be a diffucult entire pregnancy and what resulted in a few month long NICU stay. He acted as a sounding board when we didn't know where to turn and we believe our little amazing warrior of a baby girl is thanks to him! We cannot recommend Dr. Harry enough to anyone struggling to conceive and we look forward to sharing with him how our little one grows and to receive further treatments should we expand our family again. THANK YOU DOCTOR HARRY!
The BK office is an offshoot of the main Kofinas location in Manhattan. It's worth the trip to see Dr. Chatzicharalampous. If you have questions you want answered, don't be embarrassed to ask - he has broad and deep knowledge of fertility and genetics and is happy to go into great detail sharing his experience and advice. He is a father himself and speaks from both the heart and science.
We had had a few previous miscarriages before attending Dr. (Harry) Chatzicharalampous, but immediately during the consultation he had a hunch of what would be the most successful approach for us. A full assessment/work-up prepared us for the journey ahead and allowed Dr. Harry to tweak a combination of Clomid, Metformin, and vitamins for me to take that would lead to the harvesting of eggs. As a couple, we opted for a few rounds of timed intercourse, followed by IUI, and then ultimately found success with our first round of an IVF transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Every nurse we met we loved. They were exceedingly gentle with the daily blood work (almost painless!) and emotionally supportive throughout the entirety of our time at Kofinas. The nurses were kind enough to even draw circles for me to remember exactly where to inject myself during the IVF process - something that took the stress away when I was doing it for myself at home.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: AMAZING and smart doctors, family-run vibe, accepting of all walks of life, non-judgmental, high touch (you see the doctors every time!), and easy to access locations Weakness: Finances were still super confusing to me - but I guess that's just anything related to insurance!
Monitoring appointments were first come first served. Every day was a different situation in terms of wait and time. Bring a book, laptop, or something else to entertain you and come early if you have a big day ahead!
We were fortunate to have an insurance planning with great coverage for fertility treatments. Most of our OOP costs were co-pays, the appropriate drugs and medicine, and for the genetics testing/embryo storing.
For our situation, a single embryo transfer was all that was allowed/advised. We are grateful this as I personally struggled with pregnancy given prior medical conditions.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was very detailed when explaining each step of the process, what our different options were and his recommendations to achieve our preferred outcome - which was to get pregnant as soon as possible. He was very easy to connect with, made me laugh, and kept me optimistic throughout the process...recommended a single embryo transfer...I always felt taken care of and comfortable...
The staff at Kofinas is second to none! They are kind, compassionate and wonderful to work with...Every nurse or doctor I worked with was incredibly kind, knowledgeable and made me feel safe / comfortable. I never questioned any guidance I received because I trusted the judgement and the experience 100%...I always felt like a person rather than a number on a list when I went into the Kofinas office...
Working with Dr. Harry was a dream! He was very detailed when explaining each step of the process, what our different options were and his recommendations to achieve our preferred outcome - which was to get pregnant as soon as possible. He was very easy to connect with, made me laugh, and kept me optimistic throughout the process.
Trust him. He knows what he is doing!
I always felt like a person rather than a number on a list when I went into the Kofinas office. Seeing Dr. Harry and his amazing team multiple times a week meant that we had time to connect personally and discuss our children, how I was feeling about the process, etc. I always felt taken care of and comfortable.
With my secondary infertility being unexplained, we did several tests to try and figure out what was going on, but never really landed on a clear explanation. We did two rounds of IUI, with the understanding that the odds of conception were low. After two unsuccessful inseminations, we decided to move quickly to IVF. We had a successful egg retrieval and our first transfer took. I am currently 8 months pregnant and expecting a baby boy in November!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I loved working with the Kofinas clinic. Every nurse or doctor I worked with was incredibly kind, knowledgeable and made me feel safe / comfortable. I never questioned any guidance I received because I trusted the judgement and the experience 100%.
Dr. Harry recommended a single embryo transfer, which we were incredibly supportive of.
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] made me feel comfortable in every step I took. He gave me information I needed in order to make decisions and make the process - even though most times out of ones control feel like I decided every step. He always answered my emails super timely and always made time to see me if there was an issue. He knew my medical info without making me wait to pull it up...
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] & Dr. C are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them. The front desk is always helpful and kind. Kofinas’ weakness lies within their admin staff - finance specifically. It seems theyre understaffed and it is hard to speak to someone...3 iui cycles including appointments and medicine cost about $3,000 1 fet cycle cost about $5k...
I never once felt uncomfortable with a decision or appointment with Dr.C. He is the best doctor - not only because I’m now pregnant but because I trusted him - down to begging him to deliver my baby due in January because I really didn’t want to leave! I would recommend Dr.C to anyone needing fertility treatment - he always followed up with facts and his professional opinion on things, always answered emails timely, and always was friendly and made the appointments easy - even the hard ones.
Listen to what he says because he knows his stuff!!! I may have been a more difficult and defiant patient - again not the biggest fan of medicine but everything Dr.C told me to do, I did and it resulted in a positive pregnancy!
Dr. C is downright amazing. I am a skeptic when it comes to medicine because I don’t like taking it and frankly sometimes I think I know more - from Google not because I have a medical degree but Dr. C made me feel comfortable in every step I took. He gave me information I needed in order to make decisions and make the process - even though most times out of ones control feel like I decided every step. He always answered my emails super timely and always made time to see me if there was an issue. He knew my medical info without making me wait to pull it up and remembers my weekend plans!
Iui #1 - 1 day because I only had 1 decent follicle and Dr.C did not want to waste donor sperm on a cycle that was likely to be unsuccessful. 2.5 mg letrozole Iui #2 - 2 days Bc I had 1 good follicle. 5 mg letrozole Iui #3 - 1 day even though I had 2 good follicles but this was my choice. Possible 10 mg chlomid 1st FET cycle was successful - 2mg Estradiol 4x a day, 40mg lovenox 4x a day, viagra before cycle 2x a day, progesterone oil up until 10 weeks & progesterone suppositories 3x a day up until 10 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Kristine Gruper)
Kristine’s last day as Kofinas was the day I got to see my baby for the first time on a sonogram and she was so happy she had tears in her eyes. Saying by to her was so hard because you truly build a bond with the staff. The current staff is amazing, always so kind and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff & Dr. C are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them. The front desk is always helpful and kind. Kofinas’ weakness lies within their admin staff - finance specifically. It seems theyre understaffed and it is hard to speak to someone.
I’m only 29 with no history of fertility problems - dr.c explained why we should only do a single transfer based on facts
2022, Successful
Dr. C. was a wonderful doctor. We worked with him through three IUIs and after that didn't work he asked if I still wanted to get pregnant because he thought that IVF would be a great option. He was right and our first time worked perfectly...Trust what he says. He really knows what he is doing...Our doctor recommended only transferring one embryo since it was our first time and I'm only 34 years old. He explained that there are so many risks to multiple births that it isn't worth it.
Dr. C and his whole [Kofinas Fertility Group] staff were on a first name basis with me. It is like a big family practice where everyone is super friendly and helpful. We had a lot of visits and really got to know one another...The nurses were FABULOUS! I was scared of getting my blood taken and they made it SO painless and fast. They were always on top of my paperwork, meds, prescriptions, and overall care. They truly made me feel comfortable and safe.
Dr. C. was a wonderful doctor. We worked with him through three IUIs and after that didn't work he asked if I still wanted to get pregnant because he thought that IVF would be a great option. He was right and our first time worked perfectly!
Trust what he says. He really knows what he is doing.
Dr. C and his whole staff were on a first name basis with me. It is like a big family practice where everyone is super friendly and helpful. We had a lot of visits and really got to know one another.
We first did a surgery to remove some cysts. Then we did 3 IUIs which were unsuccessful. I ended up producing quite a few eggs each time but it never took with the sperm and the timing of everything. We did a consult for IVF and started right away. All of the hormones and treatments were extremely effective and we are now ten weeks pregnant with our first child.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were FABULOUS! I was scared of getting my blood taken and they made it SO painless and fast. They were always on top of my paperwork, meds, prescriptions, and overall care. They truly made me feel comfortable and safe. They always answered my questions, picked up the phone if I called, and were there to fully support and cheer me on in this process.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
You can do everything with Kofinas. It's a one stop shop. Their facilities are clean, professional, and you don't need to go looking for other services. It's all in house. They walk you through everything step-by-step and are always there to help in person or over the phone.
Monitoring is every day at every location between 7-9am. As a teacher I could get there early but I would still often be late for work. Thankfully my supervisors understood. Sometimes you'd be in and out super fast but if there were a lot of women there it would take longer. Honestly though this is the best method because there is no way to know how long each person will take so it's first come first served. Just bring a book and relax in case there are a lot of people and sometimes you're in and out very quick. There's no way to predict because every woman is on a different monitoring schedule.
I don't even want to look this up. I have a very thick folder full of receipts. Our insurance covered some things. Each visit with any type of monitoring was $50. Anytime I went just for bloodwork it was $30. Our insurance didn't pay for genetic testing which was $5,000. Our insurance also didn't pay for facility fees which were a few hundred dollars. There was a lot more that added up than we thought. For example, some meds we needed were not covered by insurance but I'm glad we paid for them out of pocket because it resulted in a pregnancy.
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
From the first time I met him [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] he put me at ease. He treats his patients as equals, listens attentively to concerns and works with you to your comfort level...His direct but compassionate approach was exactly what I was looking for...He treated me as an equal and brought a sense of humor to an experience that can be at times overwhelming and stressful...if I found a contradictory study he would research it and explain why it either was or was not valid...
Kofinas in general is known as a more intense clinic than some of the others comparatively with regards to protocol...Also, I would argue they are more affordable than some of the bigger places (RMA, Cornell) where you feel like a number. I never felt like a number at Kofinas. I felt as if all the doctors sincerely wanted me to succeed...They were the best at locating a vein on the first try...lovely and efficient...
Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous is the best fertility doctor I have seen. From the first time I met him he put me at ease. He treats his patients as equals, listens attentively to concerns and works with you to your comfort level. The hardest part of IVF is the feeling that you have no control over the process and it is quite an intense protocol. Dr. C was always willing to work with me if I felt I was having adverse effects to certain parts of the protocol, and he would encourage me by making me understand why certain aspects are imperative to success. As a result, I felt increasingly like I was in control of the process with him and it became less daunting over time. He has a great sense of humor that immediately endears him to his patients and is very important when talking about fertility! When my first round of FET didn't take, I felt he was just as baffled as I was when relaying the news. Indeed I felt completely in it with him the entire time. His direct but compassionate approach was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor and I would recommend him to anyone considering fertility treatments.
Feel free to bring up any concerns and/or questions you may have. If you find a study that shows conflicting results from the protocol at Kofinas, show it to him; he will look into it!
Dr. Chatzicharalampous is the best! He always made me feel comfortable and as if my concerns were heard; if I found a contradictory study he would research it and explain why it either was or was not valid. He treated me as an equal and brought a sense of humor to an experience that can be at times overwhelming and stressful.
Honestly at this point I have forgotten the specifics of protocol. I know it started with estradiol, then added progesterone injections, along with extensive supplements and closer to the procedure there were a few days of prednisone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were the best at locating a vein on the first try! When you are getting blood drawn every other day this is a big concern. They were lovely and efficient.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas in general is known as a more intense clinic than some of the others comparatively with regards to protocol. For example, some clinics will recommend progesterone shots or suppositories. Kofinas recommends both. However, their track record explains why. At 44, I became pregnant with the second transfer using my 37 year old eggs. Also, I would argue they are more affordable than some of the bigger places (RMA, Cornell) where you feel like a number. I never felt like a number at Kofinas. I felt as if all the doctors sincerely wanted me to succeed.
It's different for everyone depending on which insurance provider you have but procedures became less expensive each time, every Dr visit had a $90 co-pay and you could return drugs (for freezing) and get money back- they were always willing to look for the cheapest option for you. I did one round of freezing, two hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 2 FETs, and I believe over that time span of 8 years I spent under $30,000 total.
The thinking at Kofinas was that if it is a tested 5 day embryo, then only one would be transferred. If it was a 3day embryo which can not be tested then they would transfer more than one.

2021, Successful
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was very warm and pleasant throughout the process. He always cared about how I felt during the stimulation and was the one who personally took care of every single detail, from the medication to the egg retrieval to the recovery to the final call for the eggs frozen...He is very professional but also very personable. His knowledge base is very broad and will answer any questions you may have, citing scientific evidence. He is optimistic and makes you feel very safe and offers exceptional care...
Kofinas Fertility is a very good clinic, staff is very nice and the Brooklyn Center is brand new and easily accessible. I wish the finance department was a bit more organized. There is some miscommunication that may cause some delays. All the nursing staff and MAs were great...Mondays and Fridays are really busy! May wait for an hour or more. Other days are ok, you are seen within 20-30 minutes...
From the first appointment I could tell that Dr. C was the right doctor for me. He is very professional but also very personable. His knowledge base is very broad and will answer any questions you may have, citing scientific evidence. He is optimistic and makes you feel very safe and offers exceptional care. He will go above and beyond! I trusted every decision he made and I was not wrong! My friends who did egg freezing at other clinics had a much lower number of eggs, even with similar AMHs. He managed my hyperstimulation extremely well and I was feeling great within 3 days after the retrieval. I am definitely coming back to see him if I need to use my frozen eggs.
Trust him 100%. He will find a way to make it work!
Dr. C was very warm and pleasant throughout the process. He always cared about how I felt during the stimulation and was the one who personally took care of every single detail, from the medication to the egg retrieval to the recovery to the final call for the eggs frozen. I couldn't have asked for more!
Antagonist protocol, 150 gonal then 225 menopur. I have PCOS so the doses were not very high. I had 40 eggs retrieved, 26 were frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Kristine)
Kristine is on top of everything, she will respond to your email in a timely fashion and will make sure you have your meds and insurance approvals on time. She was my advocate throughout this process and made things really easy.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is a very good clinic, staff is very nice and the Brooklyn Center is brand new and easily accessible. I wish the finance department was a bit more organized. There is some miscommunication that may cause some delays. All the nursing staff and MAs were great, some days may be too long with the wait though! You do feel like everyone knows who you are and you are definitely not treated as a number.
Insurance covered most of it. Had to pay about 20% out of pocket.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Harry always knew who I was for each appointment. At no point did I feel like he needed to be reminded of our progress. He was very attentive and personable. He is detail oriented and comes to appointments very prepared...was amazing and had excellent bedside manner. He answered all of our questions and managed our expectations. He had excellent compassion when we experienced disappointing roadblocks. But he always had a plan for what to try next. He was confident and optimistic.
The [Kofinas Fertility Group] staff is very kind and responsive. Excellent compassion and optimistic attitudes. They are supportive and encouraging, which is important in these settings. I would recommend asking questions about billing up front from the billing department so everything is clear on costs for procedures and what is covered by insurance.
Dr. Harry was amazing and had excellent bedside manner. He answered all of our questions and managed our expectations. He had excellent compassion when we experienced disappointing roadblocks. But he always had a plan for what to try next. He was confident and optimistic.
Ask as many questions as you like. He will give you as much rationale for his recommendations and data to support his recommendations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were responsive and very kind at all of my visits. She provided detailed instructions for protocol and returned calls & emails in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff is very kind and responsive. Excellent compassion and optimistic attitudes. They are supportive and encouraging, which is important in these settings. I would recommend asking questions about billing up front from the billing department so everything is clear on costs for procedures and what is covered by insurance.
Monitoring hours were typically run smoothly. They made it easy for me to work around work scheduled. However, if you needed to go in on the weekends you would need to go to the manhattan office and likely waiting for long periods of time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
There was some initial miscommunication about billing expenses.

2021 - 2022, Successful
dr. C was extremely professional and knowledgeable about what he was doing. He’s very patient with me and always happy to explain any and all questions without feeling like it’s a burden. I’ve noticed he’s always been kind to his staff / all the nurses. I liked he was always positive yet realistic with me...Was very responsive to any concern, kind and patient with me
Overall great caring doctors and nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] who give great comfort in what could be a scary process. I think what could be beneficial is just letting patients know what else could be helpful other than supplements to boost fertility going into a cycle...Nurses are awesome. They always explained everything thoroughly, never rushed me, super compassionate and made me feel comfortable at kofinas
I never see male doctors because I usually feel uncomfortable but dr. C was extremely professional and knowledgeable about what he was doing. He’s very patient with me and always happy to explain any and all questions without feeling like it’s a burden. I’ve noticed he’s always been kind to his staff / all the nurses. I liked he was always positive yet realistic with me
My most productive cycles came from a lot of independent research on eating healthy, staying stress free, using products on my body with less harsh chemicals vs. just supplements. I think that making that information a bit more known to other women, whether by nurses, doctors or a write up when starting might be helpful. This could have also been an experience unique to me but I did see noticeable results.
Was very responsive to any concern, kind and patient with me
This last cycle we started with chlomid am, pm 3 gonal 1 menapur then switched to 1 cetratide am, 4 menapur PM until my last day of shots which was am, certitude and 2 gonal + pm hcg shot
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall great caring doctors and nurses who give great comfort in what could be a scary process. I think what could be beneficial is just letting patients know what else could be helpful other than supplements to boost fertility going into a cycle
I had progyny so his costs were covered

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. C. [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] is a very warm and caring person. he treated me with respect and even his humor was very appreciated as it helps relieves some of the stress of this process...He is very caring and remembers details of his patients. Very warm and makes you feel cared for...He tested me for everything that could be a factor in my getting pregnant and addressed every issue with medications...He uses single embryo transfer due to pregnancy complications with multiple transfers....
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very professional and compassionate...very organized and clean environment. The only issue was that they sometimes do not process copays properly and it helps to keep a receipt to prove payment...One canceled transfer while under the care of a different provider at the facility due to a miscalculation of medication timing while my doctor was away. Other than that it was a great experience. After that issue, I only saw Dr. C. in the Brooklyn office...Great space and would recommend it to any of my friends...
Dr. C. is a very warm and caring person. he treated me with respect and even his humor was very appreciated as it helps relieves some of the stress of this process. I was very pleased with his care and will highly recommend him to my friends.
To trust him because he knows what he is doing.
He tested me for everything that could be a factor in my getting pregnant and addressed every issue with medications. This is something that was not done at previous facilities I attended before him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
very organized and clean environment. The only issue was that they sometimes do not process copays properly and it helps to keep a receipt to prove payment. Great space and would recommend it to any of my friends.
It was well organized.
copays 50 when blood and ultrasound. 20 for just a doctor's visit. surgery costs. transfer and storage costs.

2021 - 2022, Successful
AS Dr. C's patient he was very kind and personable. He stayed positive through it all and that helped me to stay positive. It's so easy to get discouraged with IVF and he made sure to always keep a positive light on everything we were doing...was always very attentive and took his time to answer any questions I had...I did request to have 2 embryos transferred as my first one was unsuccessful. Dr. C advised to go with one again this time as I still have 2 other embryos...
Kofinas always had someone available to answer any questions I had and everyone was always very professional and accommodating. The locations worked perfectly and the hours made it possible for me to get everything done before work...The nursing staff was professional and friendly. You don't spend a lot of time with them but they are always willing to answer any questions you have or just give a positive word of encouragement...
Listen to everything he has to say and understand that his goal is for you to get pregnant.
Dr. C was always very attentive and took his time to answer any questions I had. He was very positive every step of the way.
I had a biopsy to assess the best day to transfer my embryo.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I don’t remember most is covered under my insurance.

2022, Successful
Dr. Harry [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] is extremely knowledgeable, passionate about his field, and most importantly kind and warm. He makes sure to explain all options, answer all of your questions, and help you make the best choice for your situation...takes the time to talk to you, explain everything, and listen to your questions during every consultation or monitoring session...
the whole staff at Kofinas is caring, kind, and welcoming...The nursing staff is kind, patient, and compassionate. I have very difficult veins and they always listened to my concerns, were patient with getting blood out, and were understanding. I truly felt cared for by the nurses...Strengths: communication, will work to find the best payment plan for you, knowledgeable, clean modern facilities, empathetic Weaknesses: none, this was truly the best experience I could've imagined...
Dr. Harry is extremely knowledgeable, passionate about his field, and most importantly kind and warm. He makes sure to explain all options, answer all of your questions, and help you make the best choice for your situation.
You will not regret it!
Dr. Harry takes the time to talk to you, explain everything, and listen to your questions during every consultation or monitoring session. Additionally, the whole staff at Kofinas is caring, kind, and welcoming.
Fertility diagnostic testing, one cycle of pills to stimulate ovulation followed by monitoring and timed intercourse, once pregnant he provided observation, medicine to support the pregnancy, and monitoring throughout the first trimester
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff is kind, patient, and compassionate. I have very difficult veins and they always listened to my concerns, were patient with getting blood out, and were understanding. I truly felt cared for by the nurses!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
$20 copay each time, otherwise they worked with my insurance to cover all my expenses

2022, Successful
Dr. Charalampos Is an amazing man. He was always so happy never anger when coming to office always seem happy. Always made me feel comfortable and we would laugh and just always glad to see him when I came to the office...We only did one embryo. Would have been nice to do two but I guess for safety measure. But super happy regardless...Be patient and listen and trust the process. Even though it can be difficult at times.
From the front desk to the cleaning staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group are] amazing. The Drs and the nursing staff all great. For weakness I didn’t see any because I always felt they always are on point. The area loud outside because of construction but once you walk in the doors you don’t hear anything from outside... All the nurses are sweet ladies and I have fussy veins but always so gentle and was able to draw blood
With the whole Kofinas experience I started in 2021 just finding what I have to do and you do keep you hopes up and they make you feel welcomed and family and I started with 2 other drs before Dr Charalampos aka Dr Harry but he did my transfer and saw me while I was on my cycle so basically start to finish and we got pregnant on the first try. This is my first pregnancy due to my condition but his bedside manners are really great. I’ve never had a issue with any of the doctors at Kofinas they are all really sweet and nice people and the nursing staff too
Progesterone in oil (injections) x1 day in booty cheek Lovenox (injections) x2 a day in stomach Estrogen pill x 2 a day Metformin x 2 a day Prenatal X 1 a day Calcium x 2 a day For the medication was on it for maybe a good 3 months First month was to get my lining thick enough for the transfer and I was about 10-11mm thick when transfer was scheduled and we continued medication a little pasted my 10 weeks of pregnancy and now I’ll be seeing my Ob for now on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and makilda I know I’m not spelling it right )
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
From the front desk to the cleaning staff amazing. The Drs and the nursing staff all great. For weakness I didn’t see any because I always felt they always are on point. The area loud outside because of construction but once you walk in the doors you don’t hear anything from outside.
You schedule your appointment or some are a time frame walk-in 7-9am.so it really depends what you are doing
The process for me was an expense but so worth it because my insurance didn’t really pay for anything they paid about 1400$ for me in total of procedures and some of my medications the rest is on me. But the financial office I only dealt with them when I had to get the pricing for everything I had to get done it’s just hearing the numbers is shocking but it was something I wanted to go through and wanted so I went through

2021 - 2022, Successful
As a patient he [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] diagnosed me with several fertility issues that were other wise left untreared and resulted in previous loses...He did seem to recommend the IVF without seeing the iui results, so that did make me doubt myself a tad but he did mention he just didn't want me to waste to much time if it didn't work so he wanted me to be prepared for the next step. i appreciate the honesty in forsight...
5 stars for all of the staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group]. They know what you're going through and always treat you with care and compassion...The initial consultation is long where you need to ask what yoh can. For yohr follow ups,there is usutheally a lot of patients for those visisit but the appointments go fast . Arrive early if you have work. Before 630am . It can be tiring but worth it...
As a patient he diagnosed me with several fertility issues that were other wise left untreared and resulted in previous loses. I had times I felt discouraged becuase I wasn't sure if the iui would work. He did seem to recommend the IVF without seeing the iui results, so that did make me doubt myself a tad but he did mention he just didn't want me to waste to much time if it didn't work so he wanted me to be prepared for the next step. i appreciate the honesty in forsight . He always told me everyone deserves a family and their is always options which was always comforting
Ask all the questions even the ones that seem silly . Be prepared for the process and DR Harri is always there to support. Take all his advice, don't deviate wnd you'll find success
He always spoke with care and made sure o understood exactly what was going on always free to answer questions even the hard ones.
We started in 2021, my tunes were blocked, my insurance wouldn't cover ivf so I did other methods to unblock them I asked him to test me again and I was cleared. He have me a lost a vitamins and prescription drugs I needed to prepare me for my pregnancy. After 2 cycles it was a success
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Paige, Courtney and Diana)
5 stars for all of the staff. They know what you're going through and always treat you with care and compassion
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
He was the only Dr in the group that took my insurance. Although covered, alot of the supplements are out of pocket and the visits are very frequent so the copays add up. It depends on your insurance. That par for the course

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Harry took his time and answered all my concerns. My appointments wasn’t rushed...After 2 miscarriages I was about to give up hope until I met Dr. H...I started my journey with Dr. H in December 2021. I had 1 round of IUI negative pregnancy result. Dr. H wanted to be aggressive and I went straight to IVF. After 1 round of IVF I became pregnant. Dr. H made my dream come true...
What I like about Kofinas is that it’s never a long wait. The early morning monitoring was perfect time frame. Every appointment they do blood work and sonogram. The good thing about Kofinas is that they call you with the results either good or bad...The nurses were great. They made me feel comfortable every time...Dr. Harry took his time and answered all my concerns. My appointments wasn’t rushed...
Dr.Harry is a great doctor. I started my journey back in December 2021. After 2 miscarriages I was about to give up hope until I met Dr. H which he reassured me and made sure that didn’t happen. Fast forward September 2022 I am now 10 weeks pregnant. I would definitely recommend Dr.H.
Don’t give up on your dreams of becoming a parent. Dr.H is the go to doctor.
I felt like a human because Dr. Harry took his time and answered all my concerns. My appointments wasn’t rushed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were great. They made me feel comfortable every time.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
What I like about Kofinas is that it’s never a long wait. The early morning monitoring was perfect time frame. Every appointment they do blood work and sonogram. The good thing about Kofinas is that they call you with the results either good or bad. I would definitely recommend Kofinas for those struggling to conceive.
Morning monitoring was perfect for me. I can go there then head straight to work. I’m always there less than an hour.
Kofinas was out of network for me. My insurance paid a good portion of it. Total out of pocket was around $13,000.
None

2022 - 2023, Successful
[Dr. Chatzicharalampous] Very knowledgeable and straightforward. Listened to all my needs and was able to diagnose me correctly and never led me the wrong way. Built a relationship of trust and also compassion for this very stressful process...surgery to see if I had endometriosis due to the fact that I have always had heavy periods and 2 previous miscarriages. I did have endometriosis, 2 fibroids and scar tissue. Then he walked us through how we would most feel comfortable trying to get pregnant again. He explained all the possible methods and we personally went with IUI...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Very clean and also welcoming environment. Nothing negative to say. Wait time is never very long and the walk in hours are very helpful. In a stressful and worrisome time it’s good to know you can always go in...Very knowledgeable and straightforward. Listened to all my needs and was able to diagnose me correctly and never led me the wrong way. Built a relationship of trust and also compassion for this very stressful process...
Do not feel timid to ask all the questions. They will be answered in detail and you will be at ease
He understood my needs and how I needed to be reassured. One of the most wonderful experiences
I had surgery to see if I had endometriosis due to the fact that I have always had heavy periods and 2 previous miscarriages. I did have endometriosis, 2 fibroids and scar tissue. Then he walked us through how we would most feel comfortable trying to get pregnant again. He explained all the possible methods and we personally went with IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very helpful and caring to my needs
$50 co pay when doing sono and blood work. Co pay for surgery
2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous is an outstanding doctor. He really looks at my case carefully and provided me with options. The first transfer didn't go through but he had a new strategic plan for my second transfer that included new advanced technology (PRP) that gave me confidence that I could pregnant and sure enough I did...I highly recommend that patients see him. He knows the best solution for you. You have to trust him when he gives you advice.
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Strength - Love that they monitor you every few days and you meet with the doctor not just the nurse. That put me at ease. Weaknesses - Just don't like the downtown office that keeps you waiting for a long time even if you get there early...great caring nurses. Going to miss those ladies. But I'll see them again in the future...Dr. Charalampos Chatzicharalampous is an outstanding doctor. He really looks at my case carefully and provided me with options. The first transfer didn't go through but he had a new strategic plan for my second transfer that included new advanced technology (PRP) that gave me confidence that I could pregnant and sure enough I did.
He truly cared about his patient. Always trying to find the solution to make sure that I can get pregnant.
I just remembered the usual medication protocol but the new PRP added to my uterus was what really helped with my uterus line thicker. Something that's not often done.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Mio and Angelar are a great caring nurses. Going to miss those ladies. But I'll see them again in the future.
I think the overall cost was over 40,000

2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was kind and patient, free of judgement and always open minded and helpful. He knew how much this process meant to me and how emotional everything was as well. He was always sensitive to that...He treated me with compassion and kindness and did everything he could to make my experience as comfortable as possible. I am forever grateful for his support and guidance throughout my journey...
The nurses and nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were all truly amazing as well. They made each visit a bit more manageable by explaining things, always answering my questions in person, or when I called or via email...Monitoring appointments were easy - there sometimes were long waits but not always. They run a very efficient and smooth ship...The surgery center is beautiful and I always felt like I was in the best of hands. Everyone from the doctors to the front desk receptionists were kind, helpful and patient...
Dr. Harry helped make my dreams come true. He treated me with compassion and kindness and did everything he could to make my experience as comfortable as possible. I am forever grateful for his support and guidance throughout my journey.
Be open minded and ask all the questions!
Dr. Harry is the absolute best doctor I've ever worked with. He was kind and patient, free of judgement and always open minded and helpful. He knew how much this process meant to me and how emotional everything was as well. He was always sensitive to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
The nurses and nursing staff were all truly amazing as well. They made each visit a bit more manageable by explaining things, always answering my questions in person, or when I called or via email. They are all incredibly wonderful and patient people.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas was wonderful every step of the way. The surgery center is beautiful and I always felt like I was in the best of hands. Everyone from the doctors to the front desk receptionists were kind, helpful and patient. I'd recommend Kofinas everyday if I could!
Monitoring appointments were easy - there sometimes were long waits but not always. They run a very efficient and smooth ship!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments...has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator. He was ready to answer any and all questions...readily available if we needed him. He explained everything and then re-explained when needed. He is a doctor that will remember you when you come in for your next appointment. Dr. C is honest and upfront and will never give a false sense of reassurance...
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was prompt in responding to call back requests...The staff try their best to make the process as seamless as possible. But new patients should expect and understand that there will be a wait to be seen at times...Dr. C [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments...has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator.
Dr. C has a kind demeanor and is an excellent communicator. He was ready to answer any and all questions. We cannot thank him enough for guiding us through this process and always being readily available if we needed him. He explained everything and then re-explained when needed. He is a doctor that will remember you when you come in for your next appointment. Dr. C is honest and upfront and will never give a false sense of reassurance.
Ask. Ask. Ask. The only stupid question is the question that I never asked.
Dr. C always took the time to answer any and all questions. We never felt rushed during our appointments.
We really liked that everything proceeded in a steady pace. No part of the process ever felt rushed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was prompt in responding to call back requests.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff try their best to make the process as seamless as possible. But new patients should expect and understand that there will be a wait to be seen at times. I would recommend all new patients keep their own record of appointment dates and what was done or discussed during appointments to look back on and refer to if needed.
> $5000
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Harry [Chatzicharalampous] is the absolute BEST. I was treated with such respect and I was treated more like a family member than a patient. He was very professional and always answered my questions and emails immediately. He stuck by my side and never let me lose hope nor did he ever give up on me...He will do whatever he can to help you, he will take the time to speak with you via email, in person or on the phone...
[nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] Kind, professional, compassionate and understanding...Professional and so kind. I was always greeted by the front desk staff with a smile. Nurses and doctors were amazing. All so attentive and compassionate...I was treated with such respect and I was treated more like a family member than a patient. He [Dr. Chatzicharalampous] was very professional and always answered my questions and emails immediately...
Dr. Harry is one of a kind. He treated me like family and truly showed that he cared. He always listened to my concerns and questions and never gave up on me. He was my doctor for about 2 years. I am not longer a patient but he still called to check in on me. Simple the best doctor ever.
You will not be disappointed. He will do whatever he can to help you, he will take the time to speak with you via email, in person or on the phone.
Dr. Harry is the absolute BEST. I was treated with such respect and I was treated more like a family member than a patient. He was very professional and always answered my questions and emails immediately. He stuck by my side and never let me lose hope nor did he ever give up on me. I met many doctors before but none of them can compare to Dr. Harry. I am pregnant with TWINS now and no longer seeing him and he still contacted me to see how I was doing. Highly recommend Dr. Harry.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kind, professional, compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Professional and so kind. I was always greeted by the front desk staff with a smile. Nurses and doctors were amazing. All so attentive and compassionate. Highly recommend this office. I cannot think of any weaknesses at this time.
Unknown
2023, Successful
I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Harry. He was comprehensive, reassuring, and did a great job with all my treatments, including a surgery he performed. After the surgery and treatment, I got pregnant on my own in two months. He monitored me through early pregnancy as well. I highly recommend him...Dr. Harry was without fail kind, respectful, and easy to talk to. I always felt heard.
I am very happy with Kofinas. They were incredibly responsive, easy to deal with, and I got high quality care. They were also transparent about pricing and insurance coverage. I would recommend them to a friend (and in fact I have)...The nursing staff was great. They were kind, helpful, and patient...I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Harry. He was comprehensive, reassuring, and did a great job with all my treatments, including a surgery he performed. After the surgery and treatment, I got pregnant on my own in two months. He monitored me through early pregnancy as well. I highly recommend him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was great. They were kind, helpful, and patient.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Other than copays and some meds, my insurance covered everything.

2019 - 2023, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Speaking with Dr.Montes is like speaking to one of my friends. She is kind, warm, honest, and direct. She takes all the time she needs to make sure you understand everything she has explained...My first transfer was July 2020 which resulted in the birth of my daughter. We came back to see Dr.Montes in August of 2022 when we were ready to expand our family. She did a Mock trial, and a frozen transfer the next month. I am now 26 weeks along with baby number 2. I will say that my treatment plan was aggressive. But I would do it all over again. Dr. Montes is an amazing Dr. I highly recommend her.
The nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility is nothing short of amazing. They are kind, patient, take all the time needed to make you comfortable with what you need to do...The front desk is very nice. Communication over the phone is handled well. When you have a question you just call and leVe a message with reception and the Dr or nurse you asked for will call you back as soon as they can. Dr. Montes is also really good about emails. Sometimes she'll even just call you when she gets your email.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I found Dr.Montes after leaving a different IVF clinic. I have seen the way other clinics work and can say with confidence that Dr.Montes is amazing. I first came to her in 2019. She preformed surgery to remove endometriosis and fibroids. She did my egg retrieval and handled most of my questions. Unfortunately my first transfer was canceled a few days before the scheduled date due to the world shutting down from Covid. But Dr.Montes called me herself a few times to check on me to see how I was and got us back in for our transfer as soon as it was possible. My first transfer was July 2020 which resulted in the birth of my daughter. We came back to see Dr.Montes in August of 2022 when we were ready to expand our family. She did a Mock trial, and a frozen transfer the next month. I am now 26 weeks along with baby number 2. I will say that my treatment plan was aggressive. But I would do it all over again. Dr. Montes is an amazing Dr. I highly recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Only advice I have is to ask any and all questions you can think of. She will explain everything and never makes you feel rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I don't remember my 1st protocol. My most recent one included progesterone, viagra, estrodile tablets, tacrolimus, metformin, prendisone, intralipid Infusions, enoxaparon 40mg. I was on all this for the first 12 weeks. I will say the one major difference between this time and my first time was the prendisone. It caused me to develop insomnia and then anxiety. I don't know if it was the medications or the early pregnancy that made me so nauseous but this second pregnancy I felt very sick and had low energy the entire first trimester. By the 14-16 week it began to disappear and have felt great ever since. Only thing I am still on now at 26 weeks is the prenatal and the enoxaparon injections which I will remain on until 6 weeks postpartum.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility is nothing short of amazing. They are kind, patient, take all the time needed to make you comfortable with what you need to do. By the time I was done there I felt like I was saying goodbye to good friends I won't be seeing for a while.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I recommend getting there as early as possible on morning monitoring days if you work. If you get there a little late you could be waiting 45 min to an hour. The front desk is very nice. Communication over the phone is handled well. When you have a question you just call and leVe a message with reception and the Dr or nurse you asked for will call you back as soon as they can. Dr. Montes is also really good about emails. Sometimes she'll even just call you when she gets your email.
Melissa Montes

2022, Successful
She [Dr. Montes] had a custom-tailored approach with my husband and I throughout the communication, evaluation, and treatment process. She showed genuine care and compassion... She suggested having laparoscopic surgery to know for certain and Dr. Montes was correct in identifying the issue to be Endometriosis. She was able to treat it right away during the laparoscopic surgery. After three to four weeks of having the laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Montes, I was able to conceive...
The nursing staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was wonderful, they assisted me pre and post-surgery. I felt comfortable under their care...Everyone at the clinic is very professional. The flow of the clinic is very organized from a smooth check-in process, to a quick turnaround time to see the doctor, and a fast check-out process. It is always very clean. The clinic's atmosphere is very calm and luxurious...
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
My husband and I started our fertility journey with Dr. Montes in January 2022. Prior to that, we have been trying to get pregnant for over a year and a half and decided to seek professional advise. Our first appointment with her was wonderful and beyond our expectations as we finally felt hopeful. She provided a plan right away of what testing needed to be done in order to have a better chance of identifying the issue and shared her positive outlook on our dream of having a baby. Within a few weeks, after a thorough evaluation period, Dr Montes was able to identify the most likely root cause of my infertility. She suggested having laparoscopic surgery to know for certain and Dr. Montes was correct in identifying the issue to be Endometriosis. She was able to treat it right away during the laparoscopic surgery. After three to four weeks of having the laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Montes, I was able to conceive! I had a wonderful pregnancy and in less than a year of our first fertility appointment, I delivered a healthy and beautiful daughter. Our family is forever grateful to Dr. Montes for making our fertility journey smooth and delivering positive outcomes. She is an incredible surgeon and her expertise delivered results for us.
Dr. Montes is such an expert in the field of gynecology and fertility. She is results-oriented and professionally guides you through the process to achieve your desired goals. You are truly in the best of care with Dr. Montes.
Dr. Montes treated me as a human. She had a custom-tailored approach with my husband and I throughout the communication, evaluation, and treatment process. She showed genuine care and compassion throughout our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful, they assisted me pre and post-surgery. I felt comfortable under their care.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic has many strengths. Everyone at the clinic is very professional. The flow of the clinic is very organized from a smooth check-in process, to a quick turnaround time to see the doctor, and a fast check-out process. It is always very clean. The clinic's atmosphere is very calm and luxurious.
Melissa Montes

2021 - 2022, Successful
I do not fit the mold for the “perfect” IVF patient in terms of my BMI. Where other clinics treated me like a number on a scale, Dr. C [Chatzicharalampous] treated me like a human and he continued to do so through me entire treatment. He checked in on my regularly, even when I graduated the clinic. He was honest with me and gave me the best care possible. He fought for me and fought with me to get the proper care I needed and deserved...
Expect to see multiple doctors [at Kofinas Fertility Group]. This will continuously give you another set of eyes. There is not one doctor I met who I did not enjoy or think brought something positive to my journey. If you are working while going through this, first apt is first come first severe, if you get there 30 minutes before first apt you can be in and out...They [nurses] always made sure to great us with a smile on their face, helped me further understand what to expect in my visit and comforted me and celebrated with me through out each step of the way...
Dr. C and I started this journey with the same goal, a successful pregnancy. From our first meeting to our last, my husband and I felt confident with our course of treatment. Everything he did was to get us to that goal successfully. You have to trust the process and trust your doctor. I can honestly say I don’t think we would have had a successful outcome if it wasn’t for him. If you need a doctor to be your alley and your advocate, Dr. C is for you!
He can’t help you if you don’t help yourself. Be proactive and responsible with your appointments and medication. Keep him informed when he is not seeing you and work together like a team.
I do not fit the mold for the “perfect” IVF patient in terms of my BMI. Where other clinics treated me like a number on a scale, Dr. C treated me like a human and he continued to do so through me entire treatment. He checked in on my regularly, even when I graduated the clinic. He was honest with me and gave me the best care possible. He fought for me and fought with me to get the proper care I needed and deserved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: All the nurses were incredible! )
The nurses and technicians were just as much a part of our journey as anyone else. They always made sure to great us with a smile on their face, helped me further understand what to expect in my visit and comforted me and celebrated with me through out each step of the way.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Expect to see multiple doctors. This will continuously give you another set of eyes. There is not one doctor I met who I did not enjoy or think brought something positive to my journey. If you are working while going through this, first apt is first come first severe, if you get there 30 minutes before first apt you can be in and out!
Be early! This will get you in and out quickly!

2021 - 2022, 15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Harry [aka Dr. Chatzicharalampous] always treated me with great respect and care and was extremely personable, friendly, helpful and kind...Unfortunately [he] was OOO during my monitoring period before my retrieval, so he wasn't the one administering the visits/treatment plans while I was doing the hormones leading up to retrieval...Always responded to me quickly and took initiative in helping me to understand any questions or concerns I may have had.
Everyone at Kofinas, including the girls who work the front desk, is extremely helpful and friendly. I always felt comfortable, the spaces are all very clean and orderly and it's very impressive what they achieve on a daily basis given the sheer volume of patients that utilize them...For my retrieval, I paid a $2,700 fee to Kofinas, a $1,100 facility fee to Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center and a separate $400 for Albumin IV for Hyperstimulation. I am still waiting on that to be submitted to my insurance company to hopefully be reimbursed
Similar to my last response, Dr. Harry always treated me with great respect and care. He is extremely personable, kind and genuine. I feel that he actually cares about me as a human being and not just another name on his list of patients any given day.
To not think twice because he's a man. I feel like a lot of women can get uncomfortable with a man in this field, but in no way shape or form did I ever even think twice about the fact that I was seeing a male doctor for this. He made me feel just as comfortable as any female doctor could have.
Dr. Harry always treated me with great respect and care and was extremely personable, friendly, helpful and kind. There is a genuineness that comes off from him and he made me feel entirely comfortable throughout the process. Always responded to me quickly and took initiative in helping me to understand any questions or concerns I may have had.
Unfortunately Dr. Harry was OOO during my monitoring period before my retrieval, so he wasn't the one administering the visits/treatment plans while I was doing the hormones leading up to retrieval. I did sense a small bit of disappointment after my retrieval in that he had hoped my retrieval numbers would have been slightly higher but that he didn't do my monitoring so he didn't know if there was a reason why I didn't get the 20-25 number he had hoped for. After hearing that, I had wished he had done my monitoring so as to see if I would have gotten different results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
There was one nurse that I was particularly fond of and I hate that I can't remember her name right now. Black girl with braids that I saw back in 2021 when I first started and again during some of my visits in 2022. I felt like she remembered me personally the most and she was also the most gentle. The last nurse I saw on 4/7 post retrieval was my worst interaction because she had a hard time with the blood draw and made it quite uncomfortable and had to use both of my arms. That was my only less than stellar encounter - otherwise all nurses were extremely kind, gentle and helpful.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Monitoring was extremely convenient. The only thing I wish that could have been different was that I wish Dr Harry was in the office during that time. Unfortunately with the way the scheduling worked out and my cycle, he was OOO and I think I would have felt a bit more confident about the entire thing had he been able to see me through start to finish.
I paid a $35 copay every single time I visited the clinic. I paid $275 to Freedom Care Fertility Pharmacy for my injectable hormones. For my retrieval, I paid a $2,700 fee to Kofinas, a $1,100 facility fee to Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center and a separate $400 for Albumin IV for Hyperstimulation. I am still waiting on that to be submitted to my insurance company to hopefully be reimbursed.