9.9

1550 Richmond Ave
Staten Island, NY 10314
55 Central Park W

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. B [Brzechffa] was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain...From the start he was kind and talkative.... Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
My nurse [at Kofinas Fertility] for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful...One of their strengths would be they don't have a set appointment schedule between the hours of 7-9am. So you can just walk right in and be seen by a doctor or a nurse for blood draws. They are also very welcoming. When it comes to weaknesses I would say one is that it does take a while to hear back from them if you leave a message for a nurse or doctor. Calling in for results usually ends up an all day game of phone tag. Other than that I love this facility and would recommend it to anyone ttc.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B hit it off with me right from the start. When I first started my journey with Kofinas Institute I originally had another doctor. She had gotten pregnant and was having complications so majority of the time she'd be on leave. They tried to fit me in with another doctor but she was very cold. Like ice. So I requested another doctor. That's when I met Dr.B. From the start he was kind and talkative. I was just about to do my 2nd IUI (of a back to back IUI process) and was completely shaken up as my first IUI had gone terribly just 2 days prior. He made me so relaxed that I barely even felt the catheter go through. He even let me know about my tilted uterus which no other doctor had ever informed me. Dr.B took the time to care about my situation if even just for that moment. I appreciated that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He likes to talk so be prepared to listen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. B was the first doctor to ever make me feel comfortable throughout my entire 8 years of ttc. The moment I met him he was funny, talkative and made me feel like my journey was in the right hands. No matter how scared I was during our visits he reassured me that he wouldn't cause me any unnecessary pain. I appreciated that because other doctors would just poke and prod me like cattle. He wasn't my regular doctor at first, but after my doctor quit the facility I made it my business to request him for each of my visits thereafter.
Describe the protocols Peter Brzechffa used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Prior to being under the care of Dr.B I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and d&c because an HSG exam did not work for me. While inside they found a large mass weighing down my left Fallopian tube which they removed. They also found endometriosis stage 1 which they too removed. My tubes were reportedly open and I was give. The green light to begin ttc again. 2 weeks after surgery I started my first round of Clomid 50mgs. It failed. After that I did 3 more cycles of Clomid 50mgs. Ovulation didn't occur and pregnancy wasn't achieved. I was told I would need to go the route of injections. While under the care of Dr.B I was on a 75iu then 125iu of Gonal-F switching everyday for about 2 weeks. I'd go in every other day for an ultrasound and blood draws. When my eggs matured I was given the OK to do my trigger shot of Novarel. 2 days after triggering I went in for my IUI. I did this routine for 4 months. Each cycle was a failed attempt and none achieved pregnancy. After my final IUI I was told by Dr.B during a consult visit that IVF would be my last hope at achieving a pregnancy. Since then we've been trying but struggling to save up our pennies to make that happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
My nurse for a good portion of my visits was Jessica. She was the best. Every day that I was there she'd be happy and cheerful. No matter how nerve wrecking the appointment she'd manage to calm me. The day I found out I'd need surgery she was there and managed to ease all the fear within me. There are a few really great nurses there but she's definitely one of the best.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My copay was $50 per visit. I had to visit every other day for 3 weeks per month. My injections out of pocket were $80 per injection. I used about 21 injections per cycle. Those were the only costs I had to endure during my past treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
In the past I've had a few problems with getting a nurse to call me back after leaving a few messages for test results or prescriptions. They were few and far between but it has happened.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is super professional, compassionnate, knowledgeable, and kind. At my initial meeting with him, he listened to my medical history and my struggles with fertility. I truely felt understood and heard. He said to me , "We will make this happen"...I received personalized treatment and protocal to deal with my conditions. I was not given the same protocal as the patient before me. Dr. Jason Kofinas explained very treatment and made changes as he thought were beneficial to my treatment.
The nurses [at Kofinas] are super nice and accommodating. They always maded sure that I understood all of the instructions and that I had all of my medication needed. I was a early patient in the office and they always took me in even before office hours. They are all very kind and pleasant. They always made me feel welcome...The moment you walk in, you feel welcome. Its very clean and organized. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have 3 facilities. The Central Park West only provides check up. No medical procedures done there. The only weaknesses is parking is a little bit difficult in all facility.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is super professional, compassionnate, knowledgeable, and kind. At my initial meeting with him, he listened to my medical history and my struggles with fertility. I truely felt understood and heard. He said to me , "We will make this happen". I'm finally pregnant! I started this journal 5 years ago. Dr. Jason Kofinas was my third doctor and third facility that I received treatment in. I'm forever grateful for my miracle!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Just trust and believe in him. He is brilliant and so knowlegeable in his field.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses are super nice and accommodating. They always maded sure that I understood all of the instructions and that I had all of my medication needed. I was a early patient in the office and they always took me in even before office hours. They are all very kind and pleasant. They always made me feel welcome.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is wonderful. The moment you walk in, you feel welcome. Its very clean and organized. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have 3 facilities. The Central Park West only provides check up. No medical procedures done there. The only weaknesses is parking is a little bit difficult in all facility.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I had 4 IVF cycles at the other clinic without success and had to obtain donor eggs. Dr. Kofinas was very thorough in checking for genetic mutations and addressing all possible issues. Dr. Kofinas was very confident in the treatments offered and delivered the results discussed.... Protocol for treating patients with immunological issues included many medications such as Lovenox, Metformin, and Prednisone in addition to regular stimulation medications such as Menopure and Gonal-F, Lupron, and Cetrodide.
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.... This doctor's policy is to only transfer a single embryo as far as I am aware but this could be specifics of my particular case.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Follow his directions precisely and you will get the result promised.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was explained everything when requested and received attention as human.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Very compassionate and responsible.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It was convenient and on time
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have an insurance that covers fertility treatments.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I had to stay on top of my medications and make sure that they were ordered and called in on time.
Upper West Side

We felt like she [Dr. Montes] only cared about certain people. Like there was no hope for us so she didn't invest in us. We only had the means for us to do one fresh cycle and one FET. She was pushing us to carry out PGS but we didn't have the money and at that point we felt like she stopped being interested....be more assertive as we let Dr Montes guide us and we should have made our own decisions....there were very high doses of clomid, menipur (6 vials a day), cetrotide as well. Then clexane, steroids, antibiotics. It was a lot.
I felt like Kofinas was all about numbers and making money and not about who we were. Like our dreams were being used....It is well located and in a relatively reputable hospital. They overdo the visits and blood tests and charge too much to the health insurance. this makes IVF sound expensive and make it inaccessible to the general population....It was all about waiting for hours. It took up so much time and they asked you to come in three times a week. It is very difficult to have a working life and add that to the schedule.
How was your experience with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
We felt like she only cared about certain people. Like there was no hope for us so she didn't invest in us. We only had the means for us to do one fresh cycle and one FET. She was pushing us to carry out PGS but we didn't have the money and at that point we felt like she stopped being interested.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
You need to have a lot of time on your hands because you need to wait hours and go in to the hospital at least 3 times a week. Also, be more assertive as we let Dr Montes guide us and we should have made our own decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the protocols Melissa Montes used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I don't remember much but there were very high doses of clomid, menipur (6 vials a day), cetrotide as well. Then clexane, steroids, antibiotics. It was a lot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were different all the time. It was difficult to get them on the phone for results. We always felt like we were bothering them.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Montes at Kofinas Fertility Group.
It was 20000 per ICSI cycle
Describe Melissa Montes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I agree with single embryo transfers as I understand the risks of multiple births.
Melissa Montes

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Brzechffa] never came up with our treatment strategies himself. He was a facilitator but not a planner...He is not a proponent of multiple embryo transfer. Anytime we brought it up, he always expressed a negative opinion about it...He is thorough, kind, and patient. One of the best bedside manners of any doctor we've ever dealt with...He always took the time to answer all questions thoroughly and with compassion. He never left us with any doubts. He was very kind but didn't sugarcoat, so we still trusted his opinion. An excellent and straightforward doctor.
They [Kofinas Fertility Group] are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin...Their administration handles too many cases with too few employees. This is probably how they are able to keep costs low, but the organization suffers as a result...They [monitoring appointments] are usually relatively quick and painless...Everything is a la carte and adds up quickly. Prices are on the low end, but they increase often.
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What you see is what you get.
Dr. B never came up with our treatment strategies himself. He was a facilitator but not a planner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are overworked and unorganized. A lot of the time, they are trying hard but the staff seems stretched thin.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Excellent doctors, overworked staff, and very unorganized administration. They do excellent work, but be prepared for long waits on return emails with their financial dept and be on top of your bills, because they are known to accidentally double bill.
They are usually relatively quick and painless
Describe Peter Brzechffa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Upper West Side
Dr. Kofinas was kind and soft spoken. He routinely expressed confidence in his ability to assist my wife in getting pregnant. He expressed his understanding of the emotional aspect of the process and would personally call myself or my wife if we had any questions or concerns.... Dr. Kofinas wanted us to try IUI procedures first before going into IVF... He took great care in comforting my wife routinely stating that he was almost sure it would be when and not if we get pregnant
Transportation and parking is tough at this facility [Kofinas Fertility Group]. It is located in a hospital so tends to be a busier area. Also the office does not seem to be too modern and seems slightly dated. However the staff and personnel at the clinic seemed knowledgeable and supportive of the patients. They also had plenty of material on hand for reading and research on fertility procedures....IUI was 3,900$ and the explained the IVF assurance fund but did not get into the finances of it
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He tends to be more general then specific in his explanations
Dr. Kofinas kept a consistent level of confidence and seemed to understand the emotional aspect of the process. He took great care in comforting my wife routinely stating that he was almost sure it would be when and not if we get pregnant
Dr. Kofinas wanted us to try IUI procedures first before going into IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I had very limited exposure but they where kind and informative in the limited capacity that we dealt with them.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Transportation and parking is tough at this facility. It is located in a hospital so tends to be a busier area. Also the office does not seem to be too modern and seems slightly dated. However the staff and personnel at the clinic seemed knowledgeable and supportive of the patients. They also had plenty of material on hand for reading and research on fertility procedures.
We did not get that far.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Jason [Kofinas] was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up...was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me...used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus...
At this office [Kofinas Fertility Group] it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office...The nurses were available to answer questions in office and via email. Very knowledgable and able to hep....
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Jason sat down with me to go over my testing results and was able to give a diagnosis after hearing unexplained infertility. He said I have immunologic issues and he was prepared to make a personalized protocol to help me.
Do not give up and trust in the process
Dr Jason was available at any time to answer questions and never gave up
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
During the egg retrieval process Dr Jason used Menopur, Gonal to stimulate follicle growth and cetrotide. During the transfer process Dr Jason used Lupron, estrogen and progesterone. For immunologic purposes intralipid infusions, Neupogen, lovenox, plaquenil and tacrolimus.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
At this office it’s nice to be able to see the same doctor and nurses. It was nice being able to create a relationship and having them know your name and not just another person. Mornings are busy at the office
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They worked with insurance but had facility fees and pgs testing is not covered by insurance
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Single embryo transfer after pgs testing is safer for both the mother and baby because the risk of multiple is reduced
Upper West Side

He [Dr. Kofinas] immediately made me feel comfortable and walked me through the initial process to access my case. He was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears...Dr. Jason Kofinas explained my diagnosis and treatment plan to me thoroughly. Took his time, was always available to answer my concerns and really put me at ease during a difficult time in our lives...
The staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was always pleasant and the wait times were never too long. They always explained the medications and what I would expect throughout my visits. I always felt like my concerns were heard and addressed...He [Dr. Kofinas] was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
From the moment I met Dr. Kofinas at my initial consultation I knew I was in the right hands. He immediately made me feel comfortable and walked me through the initial process to access my case. He was amazing through every step when it came to failed cycles and discussing different approaches to try and get me pregnant. He was always available to answer my question and fears. He held our hands through the toughest times in our lives and made us feel like we could get through it. I am blessed to have my baby girl with his help and expertise. I would recommend Dr. Jason Kofinas to anyone struggling to have a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Cristina)
C
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff was always pleasant and the wait times were never too long. They always explained the medications and what I would expect throughout my visits. I always felt like my concerns were heard and addressed.
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
My experience with Dr Narine is overall good. She always answers my questions, the only thing that I advise please ask questions to make sure you get your answer kind of be your own doctor as well and let her know your concerns...She has always ask how I am doing after every failed cycle...I’ve had 5 medicated cycles, 4 were timed intercourse and one IUI with clomid, trigger shot HCG and progesterone suppositories.
Doctors and front desk staff [at Kofinas Fertility] are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great...they [nurses] make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Ask question be your on advocate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
She has always ask how I am doing after every failed cycle.
Describe the protocols Levica Narine used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
There nice, they make you feel welcomed, the only think I dislike about them is that they have never called in medications in on time for me such as the clomid , and hcg which is a vital part of the treatment
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Doctors and front desk staff are great. The nurse station is good too, but when there in the rush hours which is usually monitoring from 6-9 they are very busy and forget to call in prescriptions. The MA are great 👍🏽
Describe the costs associated with your care under Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Insurance covers everything IUI related . Being monitored with blood work, ultrasounds, trigger shot, clomid with just copays coinsurance and deductibles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Just the calling in of prescriptions is that gone wrong.
Upper West Side
I felt like human more so because my case was complicated and landed me in the hospital for extended stays. Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times. Always offering comfort in whatever way possible...Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Always took the time to listen and is patient. She at time resorted to the lead doctor to make the final decision.
The doctors [at Kofinas Fertility Group] are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful...She [nurse] was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make...Dr. Narine was only a text or phone call away at all times.
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. Always took the time to listen and is patient. She at time resorted to the lead doctor to make the final decision...................................................................
You should follow her instructions religiously
She was great in ensuring that I was stocked up on my medications, assisted in administering medications and was prompt in calling to give updates on my blood levels and inform me of any changes that I need to make
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The doctors are great, facility is clean, the doctors and nursing staff are compassionate. Even the admin staff is polite and tactful.........................................................................................
Appx 20K
Describe Levica Narine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My doctor was very concerned about me and tried at all cost to avoid complications. She was adamant about transferring one at a time
2012, Successful
He [Dr. Brzechffa] was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway)... They [the staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant.
They [the staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant. He [the doctor] was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).
How was your experience with Peter Brzechffa at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was amenable to trying IUI when I wanted to do that, and was happy to switch to IVF when we were ready (which really made more sense to begin with anyway).
the doctor was very personable. during embryo implantation (retreival and implantation always done by kofinas, i believe) we discussed the pelopenisan wars. i always felt treated like a person there.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were lovely. I only ever had one negative interaction with someone at the front desk, otherwise, everyone I dealt with was very very pleasant.

2022, Consult
In my initial consult [with Dr. Kofinas], I felt shamed for my social lifestyle (which seemed to be compared to older women who are actively pursuing pregnancy). After only 3 minutes of describing my menstrual cycle, the Dr. said in passing that "you probably have a fibroid, a uterine cyst or endometriosis" without looking up from his notepad...the bluntness and leading nature of the Dr. was an extremely negative experience for me that weighed heavily on me until I was able to seek a second opinion...
I believe the approach to information sharing [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was alarmist and pressuring. While they may see success with more difficult fertility treatments, the bluntness and leading nature of the Dr. was an extremely negative experience for me that weighed heavily on me until I was able to seek a second opinion...The nursing staff was wonderful, compassionate, and patient. After a quite upsetting ultrasound experience, the nurse who took my blood was lovely and comforting in my shaken up state...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I am a young patient (30) looking into egg preservation to learn more. In my initial consult, I felt shamed for my social lifestyle (which seemed to be compared to older women who are actively pursuing pregnancy). I felt like I was being reprimanded for most of the initial questioning. After only 3 minutes of describing my menstrual cycle, the Dr. said in passing that "you probably have a fibroid, a uterine cyst or endometriosis" without looking up from his notepad. The possibility of the first two were eliminated during my ultrasound, which was extremely painful and my wincing in pain was met with blasé 'oh that's probably the endometriosis" as he continued to lean into my ovary without letting up. At my next consult, the results of my ultrasound and bloodwork were given to me in a misleading way that implied I would be 'wise' to proceed with the procedure now, often using phrases like "I would have liked to see X for someone your age, you have Y." The whole experience was quite traumatizing for me, and weighed heavily on me until I was able to seek a second opinion which has very much alleviated the pressure put on me by the initial experience.
There are differing opinions regarding women's experience with menstruation and fertility. I had more luck with a female doctor who seemed to understand my experience significantly better and found intake much easier.
I am a young patient (30) looking into egg preservation to learn more. In my initial consult, I felt shamed for my social lifestyle (which seemed to be compared to older women who are actively pursuing pregnancy). After only 3 minutes of describing my menstrual cycle, the Dr. said in passing that "you probably have a fibroid, a uterine cyst or endometriosis" without looking up from his notepad. The possibility of the first two were eliminated during my ultrasound, which was extremely painful - my wincing in pain was met with blasé "oh that's probably the endometriosis" as he continued to lean into my ovary without letting up or acknowledging my pain. At my next consult, the results of my ultrasound and bloodwork were given to me in a leading way that implied I would be 'wise' to proceed with the procedure now, often using phrases like "I would have liked to see X for someone your age, you have Y." The whole experience was quite traumatizing for me, and weighed heavily on me until I was able to seek a second opinion which has very much alleviated the pressure put on me by the initial experience.
N/A - I did not proceed with any treatment following my intake experience.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This is not the right clinic for someone looking into egg preservation alone. I believe the approach to information sharing was alarmist and pressuring. While they may see success with more difficult fertility treatments, the bluntness and leading nature of the Dr. was an extremely negative experience for me that weighed heavily on me until I was able to seek a second opinion.
Initial consult and bloodwork fees only ~$1K
2016 - 2019, Successful
Investment Banker
Fertility can be a very long and lonely road, but Dr. Narine eases this pain. She is calm, empathetic and patient. She makes herself avaible at all times and thoroughly cares about all of her patients, giving each personalized treatment based on their needs. You never just feel like another fertility case.... Little did I know when meeting her back in 2016 that she would be my Godsend. Thanks to her I now have a 2 year old son and a sibling for him on the way! It is because of her knowledge, persistence, guidance and compassion that I have my very own family
I cannot give enough praise to the all the doctors , nurses and staff at the Kofinas Fertility Group, especially Dr. Narine, my primary fertility doctor.... Strengths: compassionate - knowledgaebale - striaghtforward - emphatic - persistent - hopeful - positive - strong - individualized treatment - Weakness: none - amazing experience all doctors nurses and staff... Little did I know when meeting her back in 2016 that she would be my Godsend. Thanks to her I now have a 2 year old son and a sibling for him on the way!
How was your experience with Levica Narine at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I cannot give enough praise to the all the doctors , nurses and staff at the Kofinas Fertility Group, especially Dr. Narine, my primary fertility doctor. Little did I know when meeting her back in 2016 that she would be my Godsend. Thanks to her I now have a 2 year old son and a sibling for him on the way! It is because of her knowledge, persistence, guidance and compassion that I have my very own family (something that I never thought was possible for me). Fertility can be a very long and lonely road, but Dr. Narine eases this pain. She is calm, empathetic and patient. She makes herself avaible at all times and thoroughly cares about all of her patients, giving each personalized treatment based on their needs. You never just feel like another fertility case. Please, please, please go see Dr. Narine if you are struggling to conceive. Your future family is only an appointment away.
She is the best!
Don’t remember

2019, 15 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Jason Kofinas stood out for me in a large way. A wonderful, warm, knowledgeable physician- a human (!)- who always made me feel that I could ask questions and inquire as much about my treatment as I needed to. He was responsive, understanding, pragmatic, realistic...with excellent bedside manner. A talented physician...a true doc. I was very happy with my treatment. ... I have immense respect for this physician... I find him a true talent in what he does- and, am immensely grateful to him. He is kind, compassionate, understanding, reasonable, and soft in his approach while covering all of the necessary information. ...
Kind staff, organized; they know what they are doing. The clinic is clean, well-kept. I was seen in an overall timely manner (keeping in mind that I had to rush to work each time). I felt well-directed and taken care of. ... [nursing staff] Warm, kind, understanding, able to explain the protocol thoroughly. ... Egg Freezing, total with anesthesia- 5,800.00. Medications roughly 3,000 (if not covered by insurance).
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
As I wrote in the previous section- please refer to that. I have immense respect for this physician... I find him a true talent in what he does- and, am immensely grateful to him. He is kind, compassionate, understanding, reasonable, and soft in his approach while covering all of the necessary information.
Ask for him...
I am a physician- with my background, Dr. Jason Kofinas stood out for me in a large way. A wonderful, warm, knowledgeable physician- a human (!)- who always made me feel that I could ask questions and inquire as much about my treatment as I needed to. He was responsive, understanding, pragmatic, realistic...with excellent bedside manner. A talented physician...a true doc. I was very happy with my treatment.
Balancing out rigor of treatment (and how injections would affect my body) vs trying to obtain as many mature eggs as possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Warm, kind, understanding, able to explain the protocol thoroughly.
Overall very well run.
Upper West Side

[Dr. George Kofinas was] friendly, responsive, and encouraging and ready to answer all questions and concerns...With a low AMH, it matters to have every single egg retrieved and frozen. Not only were they able to retrieve what was a high number for my case, but they were also able to correct the course of my treatment during a cycle where most follicles weren't growing half-way through...I had gone to multiple other clinics for consultations prior to choosing Kofinas and they had the most competent staff from what I've seen.
I am beyond happy with the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them...The nursing staff is lovely, personable and friendly. Their aim is to have you in and out in a timely manner and they are competent in explaining eg. medication and care instructions... Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Meet them! I am beyond happy with the clinic and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them.
At Kofinas, all of the doctors and nurses are friendly, responsive, and encouraging and ready to answer all questions and concerns. I had gone to multiple other clinics for consultations prior to choosing Kofinas and they had the most competent staff from what I've seen.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: top of the line lab and high success rate. Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.

2020 - 2022, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
I spent nearly 3 years with Dr Kofinas dealing with unexplained infertility and cannot thank him enough for never giving up on my case...he was so compassionate and direct, taking the time to explain the plan and when setbacks occurred, providing rationale and alternate plans. I felt like we were on a team and he was as committed as I was to getting me pregnant. I was able to see him each visit and he was always available via email...
The staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very friendly and available via messaging system. Sometimes unfortunately it resulted in a game of telephone to reach them but they were always attentive and helpful, however at this practice I was doing my main communication with the doctor directly - which I loved...The facilities are immaculate and I appreciated that there were multiple locations in the city and there was a surgical center on-site instead of going to a separate hospital...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I spent nearly 3 years with Dr Kofinas dealing with unexplained infertility and cannot thank him enough for never giving up on my case- I am now happily celebrating 1 month with my miracle baby. I loved that he was so compassionate and direct, taking the time to explain the plan and when setbacks occurred, providing rationale and alternate plans. I felt like we were on a team and he was as committed as I was to getting me pregnant. I was able to see him each visit and he was always available via email - which I know doesn’t happen at most practices.
Trust him! but of course do your own research so you can ask informed questions.
I had a difficult case and never felt like a number - Dr Kofinas always provided an individualized plan- doing extra research to figure out the best solutions. He is extremely caring and takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions - he is also always available via email and responds extremely quickly. I always felt extremely comfortable with him and never intimated or that he was trying to push me into a procedure without trying the least invasive option first - which is not always common in the fertility world!
I liked that he tried the least invasive options first but also tried to get to the root of the issue before going further, like removal of fibroids in my case. With my recurrent losses and after having to resort to a second IVF cycle due to a chemical pregnancy, he also really individualized my plan to include even experimental procedures like intralipids — and it worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff was very friendly and available via messaging system. Sometimes unfortunately it resulted in a game of telephone to reach them but they were always attentive and helpful, however at this practice I was doing my main communication with the doctor directly - which I loved
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The facilities are immaculate and I appreciated that there were multiple locations in the city and there was a surgical center on-site instead of going to a separate hospital. The only thing to know is that morning monitoring hours can be very long at times - it’s a popular place and morning hours are first come first serve, so just keep that in mind.
Morning monitoring hours were first come first serve and sometimes the waits were extremely long. It was different each day and hard to predict. But I did like that each time I still was able to see my doctor specifically
I was very lucky to have Progyny insurance through work which covered a majority of my procedures so I cannot speak to specific costs if you have no coverage. However I do advise shopping around for meds instead of buying direct from the facility - the nurses can even give you some suggestions of where to look.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The only issue was sometimes delays with calling in prescriptions or calling in to the wrong pharmacy

2018 - 2022, Successful
I never felt disregarded during my fertility journey with Dr. Jason [Kofinas], he was very responsive to all my concerns when I was under his care. He has excellent bed side manners!...He is honest and caring and goes above and beyond for his patients. He is a great communicator and will respond to all your concerns. Our experience from the beginning till the end of our fertility journey was beyond amazing...
It is obvious that the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] works as a team and is organized. They have excellent communication skills with their patients, they are caring and professional. The facility locations are clean and modern...It’s best to get there earlier to get on line and sign in. Monitoring hours were from 7-9 am. I would get to the office and stand outside by 6:15 to get in line...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When my husband and I first met Dr. Jason Kofinas we immediately felt comfortable with our decision. He is honest and caring and goes above and beyond for his patients. He is a great communicator and will respond to all your concerns. Our experience from the beginning till the end of our fertility journey was beyond amazing.
You are in great hands, have patience and trust the process.
I never felt disregarded during my fertility journey with Dr. Jason, he was very responsive to all my concerns when I was under his care. He has excellent bed side manners!
Prior to the start of my IUI cycles there was a fibroid removed from my uterus. I started my first cycle 3 months after my procedure. Unfortunately none of my IUI cycles were successful. I then started the egg retrieval process. My first embryo transfer was successful! I now have a beautiful healthy girl , and expecting another baby this winter. Both of my transfers were successful on the first try. Treatments and strategies included oral medicine and injections throughout the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Excellent staff, very welcoming, and responsive to all protocols given my Dr Jason
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
It is obvious that the clinic works as a team and is organized. They have excellent communication skills with their patients, they are caring and professional. The facility locations are clean and modern.
It’s best to get there earlier to get on line and sign in. Monitoring hours were from 7-9 am. I would get to the office and stand outside by 6:15 to get in line .
I don’t remember the final cost my insurance covered 75% , I am a NYC public school teacher.

2022, Successful
appreciated his [Dr. Kofinas] honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc...he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day...
Plenty of nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call...They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
During the consultation and f/u meetings he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day! You can email him for pretty much anything related to IVF and he almost always replied back by the end of the day. I also appreciated his honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc. It is very obvious he actually enjoys what he is doing, trying to help every individual/couple going through infertility issues. You can tell it is his passion and he will try everything he can to have a successful outcome. That in return provides hope and trust in the patient that they are receiving the very best fertility care that is available.
Be prepared and patient for a potentially long IVF journey. Dr. Kofinas ensures your body is at optimal health before even doing the egg retrieval and FET and that can mean stretching out into months before actually even doing any procedure. In my case I had uterine fibroid that need to be removed and then reoccurring bouts of endometritis that had to be treated before he even proceeded with the FET.
Dr. Kofinas has excellent bedside manners. Always came in with a smile and cheerful greeting even on the mornings when the office was swamped w/patients. He took the time to answer even the simplest questions. He even tries to have small talk with you despite having to see so many other patients. Always made me feel as if he was approachable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurses tried their best to keep the steady flow of patients moving along during the morning monitoring. There was always a nurse ready to come in to draw your blood and afterwards answer any questions related to your plan. I also appreciated that they were also accessible by email and always called you back by the end of the day. It was difficult for them to call you back during the day but I always got a call back before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
On the forefront using the most modern technology and available treatment plans for fertility concerns. Plenty of nurses to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call (nurse). There is reason why Kofinas Fertility is one of the top fertility practices not only in NYC but nationwide. They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long. The longest I had to wait was at most 45 minutes and the time goes by quick bc their office offers complimentary wifi.
Efficient well-oiled machine.
I had Progyny benefits so most of my fertility treatment was covered. Although at their Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center where they perform all of their fertility related treatments and other gynecological procedures expect to pay an out-of-pocket $3,500 fee depending on whether or not your insurance is in network w/them. My insurance was not in network and I had to pay the fee anytime I had a procedure including removal of uterine fibroid.
He is opened to both although he would prefer eSET.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason is very communicative and has a wonderful disposition. He neither sugarcoats nor fearmongers which I appreciated. The protocol for me was very drug-forward but you just have to TRUST THE PROCESS because he knows what he's doing. He and Dr. Montes did a laparoscopic myomectomy (before retrievals) which improved my quality of life (stage 4 endo, fibroids, cysts)...Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval...
Nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC...Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long...UWS Clinic ran monitoring very efficiently. I went to Fidi Clinic for some bloodwork and procedures via Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center, both were also very efficient. The only area of improvement is more transparency around billing and insurance coverage...
Trust the process
Monitoring hours can be very crowded, so you only have a few minutes with your physician. As an alternative, Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval.
Retrievals: Menopur/Gonal/Estradiol/Cetrotide/Pregyl In between: Lupron/Estradiol/Antibiotics for inflammation Mock Transfer: some of the below Pre- and Post-Transfer: Estradiol/PIO/Intralipid/Progesterone Suppositories/Neupogen/Prednisone/Metformin/Levothyroxine/Lovenox/Methylfolate/other supplements
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jean Ann, Juany, Kate )
Nurses were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long (UWS).
I had progyny insurance in addition to regular health insurance, so majority of the expense was included in out-of-network coverage
Single embryo transferred and split. In the end, it was vanishing twin syndrome and resulted in a singleton pregnancy.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. George Kofinas took the time to sit with me and explain his plan for my surgery in great detail. He took extensive imaging and I was informed every step of the way. After having a successful fibroid surgery, I was encouraged to try and get pregnant naturally, even at my age of 39. After trying for a few months with no success, we went back...Be prepared to live at his office. They are extremely thorough and make sure that everything is perfect for transfer which requires multiple trips to his office.
They are extremely thorough and make sure that everything is perfect for transfer which requires multiple trips to [Kofinas Fertility Group]... From Maria at the front desk, who always remembers your name just by looking at your face to all the nurses who put me into rooms and drew my blood, they are the most competent, caring bunch I have ever encountered. They were encouraging, and compassionate and always put my mind at ease.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When I was diagnosed with fibroids and recommended to have surgery, I wanted to make sure that I found a doctor who was concerned with preserving my fertility. I went to see a doctor a Columbia and a doctor at NYU for opinions, both visits I felt like a number, visits were quick and I felt that I was being pushed out the door with more questions than answers. When I went to Kofinas fertility, I knew from the moment I stepped in the door that this was the place for me. The amazing Maria at the front desk, always has a smile on even at 6am in the morning and remembers patients names (no small feat!). Dr. George Kofinas took the time to sit with me and explain his plan for my surgery in great detail. He took extensive imaging and I was informed every step of the way. After having a successful fibroid surgery, I was encouraged to try and get pregnant naturally, even at my age of 39. After trying for a few months with no success, we went back to Kofinas Fertility where Dr. Brzechffa became our go-to doctor. I can't say enough great things about Dr. B. He is the most caring, sympathetic, kindest doctor I have ever met. (and I work for physicians!). During my course, I was also seen by Dr. Narine and Dr. Montes, two amazing doctors who always took the time to answer my never ending questions with patience. I never, ever felt that they didn't have my best interests in mind. Thanks to Kofinas Fertility I have a gorgeous 20-month old son and there are no adequate words to express my thanks to them. We are currently back with them going for number 2 and we wouldn't put our trust with our journey to parenthood with anyone else!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Because you are there pretty much every 2 days for a month or two, you become very known to the nursing staff. From Maria at the front desk, who always remembers your name just by looking at your face to all the nurses who put me into rooms and drew my blood, they are the most competent, caring bunch I have ever encountered. They were encouraging, and compassionate and always put my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I went to see them when they had their Brooklyn Office which was based out of NY Methodist Hospital and my experience there was great except for trying to park my car every time I went without having to pay the hospital garage fees. Now they have moved their office to lower Manhattan which is easily accessible by subway. I also see Dr. B at their Staten Island Office which has parking and is easy to get to from where I live in Brooklyn. The offices are extremely clean, modern, and their technology is advanced.
Monitoring is done between the hours of 7am and 9am and is first come first serve. I always used to get there between 8am and 9am and never had to wait more than 15 minutes.
My insurance did not cover the IVF process. I was covered for 2 rounds of IUI which I did, and the office visits with a copay. But between sonograms, medications and the IVF process I paid a lot out of my pocket.
I had 2 healthy embryos ready for transfer. I asked that they both be transferred but Dr. Kofinas took into account my being overweight, my age at the time (41), and my diagnosis of Hashimoto's hypothyroid and encouraged me to do a single embryo transfer. He put everything into consideration and did the best he could to ensure a successful pregnancy.

4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss.
Everyone [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Upper West Side
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] is a great communicator, great bedside manner...He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding...I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy...He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy.
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were great about helping me order my meds...The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins...They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic...[staff] showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I've had a few times the clinic called my old pharmacy.

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT...Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring...If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away...
At Kofinas, I never felt like a number. The whole process ran smoothly, obtaining my medications was easy & all my questions were answered. If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away! I wasn’t used to that. As I mentioned before, I switched over from another facility & I was amazed with the level of treatment from my very first day at Kofinas...nursing staff was wonderful!...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was nothing less than AMAZING! Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring. I began my journey with another establishment and was no longer happy with the facility. I was losing hope in the process. A friend suggested I make an appointment Dr. Jason Kofinas. Her exact words were, “He’s The Godfather of Fertility” lol. I was so worried changing facilities & putting my trust into a new doctor after the experience I had already endured. However Dr. Jason reassured me that I was in the right place. He answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT. I waited so long to hear those words. Thank you Dr. Jason & the whole team! You gave us hope & a beautiful miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!

2022, Successful
I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting...Excellent bedside manner... One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility...The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people...They [nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in...Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi!
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility — Dr. Jason Kofinas is the BEST! After finding out from my gyno that I had PCOS in March I decided to seek out a fertility specialist. In May, I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting! The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people. I followed all of his recommendations when it came to blood work, testing, and ended up getting laparoscopic surgery at the end of June which is exactly what I needed. One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally. You’re really in the best hands with Kofinas Fertility and I can’t thank them enough for helping me in my journey.
Make sure to share all your concerns at the initial appointment so he can work his magic!
Excellent bedside manner and always made himself available via email to address any questions or concerns
Surgery was recommended to remove cysts in right ovary and to check for endometriosis while the procedure took place
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in :-)
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi! ……….……………………………………….
I was told insurance covered my procedures so hopefully I don’t receive any bills later down the line
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He does all that he can to make every womans' dream come true. As his patient he had me on as many medicines and injections in order to help with my transfer. He is very reliable. Whenever I had a question, I would email him and he would get back to me right away.
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust him because he's the best!!!!
If anyone needs a fertility dr Kofinas Fertility is the one to go to...I can't write about every amazing experience I had with Kofinas Fertility, because I would be here all day, but know that throughout my entire journey with them, it was absolutely amazing.....Dr. Jason Kofinas is my doctor and he made it happen for me and my husband....we are expecting....he went above and beyond between surgeries, medications, injections and intralipids to make sure this baby stuck the first time...I cannot thank him enough...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility❤️ PS My last name that is posted is my maiden name lol.
He had me on medicines that I had to take everyday at a certain time as well as the injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very professional and are very organized. They run a tight shift.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable.
I have spent so much between the co pays, surgeries, retrieval, transfer and egg freezing, but it was all so worth it.