Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
11370 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92354
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Loma Linda University to a friend?

2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bareh is very friendly and tried to connect with me as a person. She was non-judgmental with regards to me being a single mom (not d/t LGBTQ) and allowed my own mother, who is my emotional supporter, to be a part of my ultrasounds post successful transfer. Dr. Bareh is very easy to communicate with and listens to every concern I had and addressed them each compassionately. She is an excellent fertility specialist...Due to my DOR diagnosis she recommended I go straight to IVF with egg retrieval so as not to cause me to spend money on possible multiple failed IUI cycles.
retrieve 11 follicles, 8 out of the 11 were mature enough to attempt fertilization and only 5 of the 8 actually fertilized [at Loma Linda Univeristy]...and only 1 of the 5 that fertilized made it to day and was frozen...nursing staff is excellent, they are very friendly and compassionate. They also try to connect with you and celebrate with you when you've had successes and show concern with failures. They communicate with you outside of the clinic in a timely manner and are very knowledgeable with regards to any questions you might have.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
As previously described, Dr. Bareh is very friendly and tried to connect with me as a person. She was non-judgmental with regards to me being a single mom (not d/t LGBTQ) and allowed my own mother, who is my emotional supporter, to be a part of my ultrasounds post successful transfer. Dr. Bareh is very easy to communicate with and listens to every concern I had and addressed them each compassionately. She is an excellent fertility specialist.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Trust her, she knows what she is doing and she does it very well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh really tried to connect with me and was invested in my journey to become a single mom. She let me have some control over the process as far as to continue despite the current health crisis or to wait and she was on board no matter what I decided. She told me she was determined to help me conceive even if my single embryo did not transfer.
Describe the protocols Gihan Bareh used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Due to my DOR diagnosis she recommended I go straight to IVF with egg retrieval so as not to cause me to spend money on possible multiple failed IUI cycles. My retrieval medication choices were not really given a rationale but I responded well to them so looking into other medications wasn't necessary. My left ovary was not producing many follicles but my right ovary produced the more and because of DOR she was only able to retrieve 11 follicles, 8 out of the 11 were mature enough to attempt fertilization and only 5 of the 8 actually fertilized and only 1 of the 5 that fertilized made it to day and was frozen. the single frozen embryo was given a grade 5AA which thankfully is really good quality. My pre and post transfer medication protocol was given a rationale but being a nurse I already understood to some degree why they were necessary.
Dr. Bareh's nursing staff is excellent, they are very friendly and compassionate. They also try to connect with you and celebrate with you when you've had successes and show concern with failures. They communicate with you outside of the clinic in a timely manner and are very knowledgeable with regards to any questions you might have.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The clinic was recently remodeled in the front offices and is very inviting. There is a television in the lobby area that always has interesting shows on like the great brittish baking show or andy Griffith or home repair shows, and it helps to distract your mind from any stresses you might be feeling related to your fertility appointment. the front office staff is also very friendly and remember you by name when you come in which is very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University.
My insurance covered the majority of my cycle but with a $2500 copay, retrieval medications were around $6000, post transfer meds were less than $500, and then subsequent ultrasounds were a $20 copay.
Describe Gihan Bareh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Loma Linda University.
none
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University.

5 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Bareh sometimes feels somewhat rushed she has a lot of patients. So far she been compassionate and willing to try the best to have a successful result. After consultation I've only spoke to Dr Bareh a few times, the nurses at the clinic are the ones to mainly contact me with any information...She talks fast and is moving fast all the time but ask the questions and she is willing to answer them...She gave me a few months to let my body process the use of fertilmax and dhea to see if my egg reserve will have a better results. She then moved on to clomid and injectables.
The nursing staff [at Loma Linda University] have all been friendly and helpful. They also answer any questions you may have. Most initial communication is through email or voicemail and then they contact you. Which is different for me from the other clinics I've been too, I always had someone to communicate with...IVF cycle estimated at about $20,000 and up. Doesn't include anesthesia or embryo freezing or biopsies. Also any test and medication is separate.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh explains everything thoroughly and makes sure you understand the process which can be overwhelming. She talks fast and is moving fast all the time but ask the questions and she is willing to answer them.
It's understandable that infertility clinics have a lot of patients but I feel that as often as you go to the clinic they should you know by name and the treatment you are getting. At this clinics most things are done through email, hard to get ahold of anyone after hours. If you have any questions with medications you have to wait until the following day. Other than that everyone is friendly upon arrival.
The nursing staff have all been friendly and helpful. They also answer any questions you may have. Most initial communication is through email or voicemail and then they contact you. Which is different for me from the other clinics I've been too, I always had someone to communicate with.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Strengths: They are freindly and helpful. The clinic is clean and organized. If you call and leave a message they will return your call. Weakness: Appointments are a challenge. They are pretty busy. They close the clinic early, after hours are hard to get ahold of anyone.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She's actually given me hope and I feel much more knowledgeable because of her. She's very honest and explains what's going on and what is going happen. I feel confident with her and I would recommend her to other women. ... Dr. Bareh explained why I need help, what were doing next, and always stops to ask how I'm doing. She makes sure I want to proceed before each step, she's even taken the time to call me over the phone herself to check on me.
The staff [Loma Linda] heard my issues and got me in that same week even though they were booked. Each and every woman in the office made me feel important and hopeful. I can't believe I am so lucky to have finally walked into an office and ask for help and actually get it this time. ... Each person in the clinic listens when I talk and has compassion in their voice.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Do exactly as she says when she suggests diet change and supplements. It may just yield positive results. Bring a pen and notepad and take notes. If you need help for certain problems, like conceiving with endometriosis , go to her first.
Dr. Bareh explained why I need help, what were doing next, and always stops to ask how I'm doing. She makes sure I want to proceed before each step, she's even taken the time to call me over the phone herself to check on me. She is very honest even if I don't want to hear it. She actually gave me hope and I haven't had that since I started having pain and problems years ago, plus the last 4 years since I've been trying to conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Loma Linda University. (Assigned nurse: Angie )
The staff heard my issues and got me in that same week even though they were booked. Each and every woman in the office made me feel important and hopeful. I can't believe I am so lucky to have finally walked into an office and ask for help and actually get it this time.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Each person in the clinic listens when I talk and has compassion in their voice. I'm very happy to be dealing with all of these women. I'm still seeing Dr. Bareh and working with their staff to conceive. It's too early to tell on the success of procedures but I do feel confident in the doctors and staff and confident they will treat me fairly and be honest with me and my husband. I hope and pray I can cover costs and make my dream of having children a reality. Thank you for listening.
I'm about to start spending money on procedures this month but I was told to expect around $18,000 in total expenses.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bareh is so genuine. Each visit is more than 30 minutes long. She is always so joyful and positive, every time I see her. Although she speaks really fast, she allows time for questions and is not bothered by interruptions.... I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at a younger age than most, and she started our consultation by telling me about her previous patient who is even younger than me with similar issues.
The group of nurses [Loma Linda U] are amazing! For such a small clinic, they serve a large amount of clientele. The nurses are easy to get a hold of and if you ever need FMLA forms or off-work notes from the office, they are more than willing to assist and get them back to you right away.... Weaknesses: It is a small clinic, not too many OR's/retrieval rooms. You may get bumped or waitlisted due to limited space/availability. Another weakness is that Dr. Bareh is currently the only RE seeing patients.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
My initial consultation with Dr. Bareh was so positive. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at a younger age than most, and she started our consultation by telling me about her previous patient who is even younger than me with similar issues. I felt as if the story was being deliberately told to me to give me hope, and to shed some light at the end of this tunnel. She ended her story with a happy ending, sharing how that patient now has healthy twins. I just fell in love with her positivity from the get go. She is the second doctor that I am seeing at the clinic and the first doctor I saw had such a different demeanor. While he was very factual and honest (which we appreciated), he was lacking good bedside manners. Since we have had no success thus far, seeing Dr. Bareh has been a glimmer of light for me and my husband, the type of positivity we need during this difficult time when we feel so defeated. Even more so, when I leave messages for the staff at the clinic, Dr. Bareh is quick at following up and calling me back personally. I really feel that she cares about each of her patients. During our last egg retrieval, I was not responding well, and so she thoroughly explained to me her opinion and the pros and cons of moving forward, and really allowed me to make the best decision for me and my husband. I appreciated her collaboration with the patient. She has been such a genuinely kind physician, who is very knowledgeable!
Ensure you have questions written down before seeing her in clinic. The time passes so quickly, but she always takes the time to ask "do you have any questions for me?"
Dr. Bareh is so genuine. Each visit is more than 30 minutes long. She is always so joyful and positive, every time I see her. Although she speaks really fast, she allows time for questions and is not bothered by interruptions. She explains everything clearly and gives you multiple options, making you feel really involved in the decision process.
For our first egg retrieval with Dr Bareh, she used the Antagonist protocol. I believe I had previously used the Lupron flare protocol? with the previous physician and did not have much success with egg quantity. Her rationale for using Antagonist protocol was that, perhaps, the previous protocol suppressed my ovaries too much. Unfortunately, the Antagonist protocol was not more successful with my condition, so we decided to cancel that cycle and try a different one next try around.
The group of nurses are amazing! For such a small clinic, they serve a large amount of clientele. The nurses are easy to get a hold of and if you ever need FMLA forms or off-work notes from the office, they are more than willing to assist and get them back to you right away. I can't tell you what an added stress those types of paperwork can be, and for helping us in that little way, I'm so grateful. It is truly the little things that matter during such a stressful event like fertility treatment. The nurses are always smiling, and they really get to know each patient individually. I've never encountered any of them on a bad day. They all make a wonderful team.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Strengths: Dr. Bareh, Nursing staff, lab staff, and I can't forget the awesome financial coordinator and front desk receptionist! Weaknesses: It is a small clinic, not too many OR's/retrieval rooms. You may get bumped or waitlisted due to limited space/availability. Another weakness is that Dr. Bareh is currently the only RE seeing patients. She is very liked and very busy, so getting new patient appointments may be a problem.
This is our first cycle with Dr. Bareh, we have spent about $9000 to date.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
There was one time with a previous Dr. at the clinic (not Dr. Bareh) that some sort of miscommunication occurred. The result ended in us over spending for medications that were not needed in our protocol. I feel that this should have been caught sooner, to avoid extra costs to the patient or, that the clinic should have incurred the expense for the error.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Bareh is professional with a warm bedside manner. She keeps it real with her patients while being sensitive to their feelings at the same time. ... doesn’t sugar coat things but is sensitive at the same time. ... Dr. Bareh hs amazing but also very busy so be prepared to wait a while for your appointment ... My doctor is not against a multiple embryo transfer for me because I am still in my 30s and healthy.
One time they [Loma Linda U] forgot to send my prescription to the pharmacy but it was fixed immediately. ... The front desk staff are amazing at what they do. I’ve never had any issues with insurance and authorizations or anything like that because they took care of it without a hitch. Mornings are the busiest times so if it works out try to schedule appointments in the afternoon. ... It’s easy to access with a large parking structure but most of the time I can find parking in the lot.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh is professional with a warm bedside manner. She keeps it real with her patients while being sensitive to their feelings at the same time. I am so happy that she is my doctor during this journey and I have the utmost respect and confidence in her that she will be able to get us pregnant.
The front desk knows my name before I have to say it myself and they greet me as I walk in. The nurses all remember me and are very professional yet caring. Dr. Bareh is professional with a warm bedside manner and doesn’t sugar coat things but is sensitive at the same time.
I started right off the bat with an IUI without medication. When that didn’t work, we started femara and I did another round of IUI which was unsuccessful. After a few cycles with femara which I didn’t respond to very well, she switched me to clomid which I responded to a little too well. I ended up getting too many follicles for IUI so we went quite a few cycles trying to get my follicle count under 4. My third and final IUI was also unsuccessful so after taking a break for a few months we moved onto IVF in December 2018. I started by taking birth control for 10 days, then my stims on 12/2/18. She had me on microHCG and Gonal-F at first then added Ganirelix on 12/7. Finally on 12/12, I triggered with 3,000 units of novarel + Lupron with a final dose of Lupron the next morning and I had my egg retrieval on 12/14/18. Currently I am waiting for CD1 to start FET prep.
Some of the nurses, especially the LVN team were amazing and supportive. Most of the RNs were as well. There may have been one that wasn’t the most compassionate but I don’t expect the staff anywhere to be perfect.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The best thing about my clinic is how close it is to where I live. It’s easy to access with a large parking structure but most of the time I can find parking in the lot. The front desk staff are amazing at what they do. I’ve never had any issues with insurance and authorizations or anything like that because they took care of it without a hitch. Mornings are the busiest times so if it works out try to schedule appointments in the afternoon.
Insurance covered the cost of IUI so my out of pocket expense was $250 + meds. IVF was $2,500 + meds. I will be paying out of pocket for my FET and I believe it will be $5,000 + meds.
My doctor is not against a multiple embryo transfer for me because I am still in my 30s and healthy. I think the reason most of her transfers are single embryos is because insurance will only allow one. I am choosing to pay out of pocket for multiple embryos (2).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
One time they forgot to send my prescription to the pharmacy but it was fixed immediately.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Bareh] and the clinic itself are very busy as she is the only doctor at the clinic, but the wait is worth it...Added progesterone in oil for 5 days before transfer as well as doxycycline and prednisone 3 days fore transfer and 3 days after...got to know both my husband and I and what we did for work. Called on her own time to check in on how I was doing and responding to treatment. Felt Doctor genuinely cared about my success.
The clinic [Loma Linda University] is very busy so wait times can sometimes be long BUT this is because Dr. Bareh provides such excellent care...the clinic will only take on a certain number of patients so their quality of care does not suffer. It’s a wonderful clinic overall, and each person who works at the clinic is warm and welcoming...Angie, Monica and Julie [nurses] are fantastic. Competent, knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to help you in any way they could. Very confident in their care and appreciated their exceptional interpersonal skills.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh is very compassionate and clearly loves her job. She took setbacks in stride and never made my husband and I feel as though our success was hopeless. She is extremely knowledgeable and seemed to be integrating the leading edge research for PCOS treatment. She was always willing to answer questions or discuss any concerns I had.
She and the clinic itself are very busy as she is the only doctor at the clinic, but the wait is worth it. You need to be patient with this whole process. If you expect to be in and out of your appointments in 10 minutes, you need to reassess your expectations for this process. Dr. Bareh is worth the patience and worth the wait to get into the clinic!
Greeted by name. Doctor got to know both my husband and I and what we did for work. Called on her own time to check in on how I was doing and responding to treatment. Felt Doctor genuinely cared about my success.
Letrozole 5 mg day 3-7 for timed intercourse with hCG trigger 36 hours before ovulation Letrozole 5mg day 3-7 for IUI with hCG trigger 36 hours before transfer Retrieval: Follistim 150-225 units each evening for 2 weeks, Ganarelex shot each evening for 7 days directly before retrieval, micro hCG, and small dose hCG and Lupron combo for trigger 36 and 24 hours before retrieval. Birth control pills utilized 2-3 weeks before retrieval and transfers. FET: Estrogen pills (6 mg total) and estrogen patch every 3 days for transfer prep. Added progesterone in oil for 5 days before transfer as well as doxycycline and prednisone 3 days fore transfer and 3 days after. Progesterone suppositories 2-3x daily after transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Loma Linda University. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Angie, Monica and Julie are fantastic. Competent, knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to help you in any way they could. Very confident in their care and appreciated their exceptional interpersonal skills.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The clinic is very busy so wait times can sometimes be long BUT this is because Dr. Bareh provides such excellent care. The wait is work it. Also, I have heard that there is a waitlist to become a new patient but this is because the clinic will only take on a certain number of patients so their quality of care does not suffer. It’s a wonderful clinic overall, and each person who works at the clinic is warm and welcoming.
Covered through insurance except copays. Medications were primarily not covered by my insurance, or they were covered but at a high copay. Pills were all covered but most injections were out of pocket (except PIO which was covered).
Insurance only covered one embryo transfer each time, so did not have a choice between single or multiple embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
we've only been with Dr.Bareh for a year and she been out 2 months. And they ended up during our treatments. If you plan to do ivf at this clinic be prepared that you could be dealing with the nurses more then the doctor...I loved dr. Bareh but sometimes I felt like she knew more then she let on to us. ... Even though we didn't have our embryo tested I felt like she could tell if the ones she were putting in were good or bad. And even if they were bad she never talked to us about it beforehand. Our embryos were never graded so we are not sure if they are good or bad. She was professional and would see us in a timely manner.
[Loma Linda U] The waiting room, patient rooms, and bathrooms were always kept clean. Sometimes we would have to wait....they all seem like nice ladies. There is one lady that can come off rude sometimes...They had a financial manager they let go so the new one was going back into people's files and charging them for really old charges that weren't collected. We always paid everything in full and then every appointment it seemed like they were asking for money for something new. Frustrating.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I loved dr. Bareh but sometimes I felt like she knew more then she let on to us. She was out of the office a lot. I felt like if I had questions after hours then I basically had to wait till they were open. She pushed back my frozen transfer 5 different times because I had a cyst that never got bigger each time. Always remained the same size. Even though we didn't have our embryo tested I felt like she could tell if the ones she were putting in were good or bad. And even if they were bad she never talked to us about it beforehand. Our embryos were never graded so we are not sure if they are good or bad. She was professional and would see us in a timely manner.
I'm not really sure what is going on.. but we've only been with Dr.Bareh for a year and she been out 2 months. And they ended up during our treatments. If you plan to do ivf at this clinic be prepared that you could be dealing with the nurses more then the doctor.
The staff there is friendly and helpful. Never felt like a number.
Fresh transfer : not sure of the dosage of each meds because I did them of may 2017. Used: gonal-f, menipur, omintrope, ganerlix, pregnyl, doxycycline, endometrin, and progesterone oil. Egg retreival: 8 eggs all mature, all icsi, 4 fertilized normal, transferred 2, lost 1 by day 5 and froze the last 1. The transferred 2 resulted in a negative. Frozen transfer: BCP 3 months prior and then bled then started lupron for 1 month. Transfer pushed back 5 times. Then day of transfer embryo thawed perfectly. Transfer went smoothly. 5dp5dt faint positive which eventually became a stronger positive. Beta #1: 167 Beta #2: 431 Beta #3: 1081 Beta #4: 270 I am currently waiting to miscarry. Devasted. 4 1/2 years and still no baby.
They all seem like nice ladies. There is one lady that can come off rude sometimes. I didn't enjoy being around her because I never knew how she would be towards me that day.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The waiting room, patient rooms, and bathrooms were always kept clean. Sometimes we would have to wait. I never had a problem with the receptionist although I know some have said she is rude or pushy. Not my experience with her. Weakness I guess would be getting into the patient room and waiting a while. And that they were tried to collect a payment from me from back in may.. 10 months ago. They had a financial manager they let go so the new one was going back into people's files and charging them for really old charges that weren't collected. We always paid everything in full and then every appointment it seemed like they were asking for money for something new. Frustrating.
I think we paid $16000 total. That's including egg retrevial, fresh transfer, icsi, and we did a frozen transfer. Medication was separate cost
I do felt a little bit rushed to do our fresh transfer. She gave us the option to do a frozen but said the embryos look good now let's put them back in. This was on day 4. She also mentioned that when do the retrevial she irritated the endometriosis. That should have been a red flag not to put the embryos in. I still to this day regret that decision. And I wanted to put in one and it kinda felt that we were pushed into doing the two. I'm not sure if I won this treatment if I would go back to Loma Linda
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
On my fresh transfer day I hadn't taken Valium because no one included it in my pharmacy prescription so I had to go downstairs to buy it. So I don't think it kicked in till I got home. I had to also have a full bladder and I did. But then was told to empty it because they weren't ready yet. Then when they were ready I had drank so much water I felt miserable. The transfer had so many red flags. I wish I would have waited.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Bareh] is a wonderful dr, always positive and knows the details of my case... I respect her and like her. I do feel I had to ask a lot of questions and do my own research for the ivf process. Also had unexpected cost and results but I think my dr did the right corse of treatment.... 300 follistium am, 75m menopur pm, atoms for 14 days, ultrasounds every other day to check folicules size. She advised growth hormone as well...
Everything is in one place. Dr appts, lab, surgery/ transfer center. Pharmacy( not specialty) And always know the same nurses, lab techs etc. it’s really a comfortable experience when you’re losing your mind on meds and stress of success Weaknesses: not the most beautiful clinic [Loma Linda U] but I think that keeps costs down. Anything you need, just ask they will provide it to save costs if they can. Lots of injection supplies and a couple free samples saved me about $150 which means the world when you’re spending thousands
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I respect her and like her. I do feel I had to ask a lot of questions and do my own research for the ivf process. Also had unexpected cost and results but I think my dr did the right corse of treatment. I feel she sincerely wants me to get pregnant and not just a money figure
Don’t expect them to walk you through everything. Know or ask any small/big question you have.
She is a wonderful dr, always positive and knows the details of my case
300 follistium am, 75m menopur pm, atoms for 14 days, ultrasounds every other day to check folicules size. She advised growth hormone as well but we couldn’t afford the extra costs. Should have done it as now we need to do another cycle. 30 folicules, 21 had eggs, 17 mature, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst. 1Fresh transfer, chemical pregnancy. 3 frozen, 2 are ‘fair quality’ 1 is good quality
There are 4 nurses and they all know me by name and my case status at all times. They are always helpful with my many calls and questions and never seem irritated by them. I love them! Only negative is communication btwn pharmacy’s can be difficult
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Everything is in one place. Dr appts, lab, surgery/ transfer center. Pharmacy( not specialty) And always know the same nurses, lab techs etc. it’s really a comfortable experience when you’re losing your mind on meds and stress of success Weaknesses: not the most beautiful clinic but I think that keeps costs down. Anything you need, just ask they will provide it to save costs if they can. Lots of injection supplies and a couple free samples saved me about $150 which means the world when you’re spending thousands
My ins covers ivf dr fees and sx, 1 transfer for $2500 deductible. All meds were additional and only some where partially covered with ins.
She advised 2 if we opted to transfer the less quality eggs. But only 1 if we do the better quality. She advised PGS but again, too expensive
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
I think it was more the pharmacy fault, needing the medication with to be resent multiplied times. Also embryologist misplaced some consent forms for about 20 mins. Called me back immediately when she found them.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bareh is everything I would want in a doctor. She is kind, compassionate, smart and really takes time to make me feel comfortable. She has been very flexible and patient with my body and my finances. She has an amazing bedside manner that makes me feel comfortable in uncomfortable situations. She takes time and throughly explains procedures, and my plans. I always feel like I can ask questions. Even when the news I am receiving is not ideal, she can deliver the message in a way that is both to the point, while saying it in a compassionate manner.
It is easy to get appointments, and get in touch with the right people. The clinic [Loma Linda U] is very clean. It is easy to get labs drawn and have the results quickly. The facility is older and does not look as luxurious as some of the other clinics but the one on one care that they provide is worth it.... They are a group of the most caring and compassionate nurses. They truly want to see you succeed. They are knowledgable, and easy to get ahold of. If you leave a message they always contact you back to answer any questions. They are all extremely supportive and friendly.
European, East Asian
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I would say, you have made the right choice and you are in good hands.
She was awesome about caring for my needs and understanding. She would take time to call my cell phone after procedures or to talk about test results. I truly felt cared for. I never felt like she was rushed, and she really took time to explain the process and procedures.
I am in a protocol currently so I don't have the results yet. I am doing a LH antagonist protocol with Hgh. This is different than my first IVF cycle which did not produce the results I wanted. I am doing the Hgh for egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Loma Linda University.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
It is easy to get appointments, and get in touch with the right people. The clinic is very clean. It is easy to get labs drawn and have the results quickly. The facility is older and does not look as luxurious as some of the other clinics but the one on one care that they provide is worth it.
Including medications it was about 10,000
I agree with my doctor's approach and suggestions. I am also limited because of insurance issues.
+ Read more- Read less

She was very personable. I love 4 hours away from the clinic and she'd take the time to call me and kept me updated. In addition, during IUI procedure, she truly gave it her all to make sure the sample was placed in the right site.... We used femara for our IUI cycle using our own egg and sperm. She also used an ultrasound to view we are in the right site before inseminating specimen.... She sat down, took the time to answer my questions and she talked to me in a very compassionate way.
I've had multiple nurses in the clinic [Loma Linda U] and all have been very helpful and understanding. One showed my husband in details how to administer the trigger shot and another held my hand as I went through the IUI procedure. They have been very supportive.... I appreciated their promptness in returning my call and assisting me with getting what I need especially with insurance authorization. In walking in, I've always been treated in a kind manner.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
She was very personable. I love 4 hours away from the clinic and she'd take the time to call me and kept me updated. In addition, during IUI procedure, she truly gave it her all to make sure the sample was placed in the right site. My husband and I truly felt grateful for everything she's done for us.
If you are looking for a prospective infertility doctor and want someone who is passionate about her work and helping others, Dr.Bareh is the perfect doctor.
We used femara for our IUI cycle using our own egg and sperm. She also used an ultrasound to view we are in the right site before inseminating specimen. The other clinic I went to previously didn't have such practice.
I've had multiple nurses in the clinic and all have been very helpful and understanding. One showed my husband in details how to administer the trigger shot and another held my hand as I went through the IUI procedure. They have been very supportive.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I appreciated their promptness in returning my call and assisting me with getting what I need especially with insurance authorization. In walking in, I've always been treated in a kind manner. Their clerk would also make sure that I have everything I need before going in to the clinic knowing that we are 4 hours away. In addition, they have excellent communication skills and provide detailed information.
Our insurance covered some procedures for our first IUI procedure. These out of pocket amounts are estimated; US $170, IUI procedure $280, semen analysis $140. Pharmacy $45.
No comment on this because we are still in the process of starting IVF for the first time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Bareh is one of the most intelligent, direct, and compassionate physicians I know. She makes your goal, her goal. She is prompt in her communication. Once, she was on maternity leave, and still called me to inform me of a test result. To me, that is above and beyond.... She makes you feel that she is always aware of your case, despite the workload she has. Once, I had halted treatment for months. She emailed me just to touch base. To let me know she was still thinking about me. I don’t see any weakness in her skill or professionalism. It’s just unfortunate that I didn’t have a positive result under her care.
I believe this [Loma Linda U] is a well run clinic. From the registration staff, to nursing, financial coordinator, lab technicians, embryologist..... Everyone was skilled, compassionate, and efficient. The only issue I had was a specific financial coordinator (who replaced and long time coordinator that retired) did not seem to understand her work and did not explain things well. Almost to a point that I was not sure she understood the process herself.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh is intelligent and compassionate. She is truly an expert in her field. Although I did not have an ideal result with her, she always presents a plan to move forward. She goes above and beyond for her patients. She makes you feel that she is always aware of your case, despite the workload she has. Once, I had halted treatment for months. She emailed me just to touch base. To let me know she was still thinking about me. I don’t see any weakness in her skill or professionalism. It’s just unfortunate that I didn’t have a positive result under her care.
You are undergoing care under a physician that will try her best to give you a positive result. Fertility care itself is an overwhelming process, so no matter what, you must be prepared for that. However, having a doctor that is a good and prompt communicator will help in this process. That is what you will get from Dr. Bareh.
Dr. Bareh conducted my first egg retrieval and IVF. I believe it was a typical egg retrieval process. Moderate stimulation. PGS testing. Frozen transfer. Due to insurance guidelines, I was only able to transfer 1 embryo. After it was unsuccessful, Dr. Bareh continued with a hysteroscpy for suspicion of retroverted uterus, which was negative.
Nurses were efficient in their work. Well organized. They were prompt in their communication, especially when leaving phone messages.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I believe this is a well run clinic. From the registration staff, to nursing, financial coordinator, lab technicians, embryologist..... Everyone was skilled, compassionate, and efficient. The only issue I had was a specific financial coordinator (who replaced and long time coordinator that retired) did not seem to understand her work and did not explain things well. Almost to a point that I was not sure she understood the process herself.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Loma Linda University.
Depending on the day, some waits were very short (less than 15min). Some days were hours, up to 3-4.
Insurance covered 75% of IVF cycle. 25-50% of meds. Covered first 3 IUI cycles.
Due to my employer’s insurance guidelines, I was only allowed a single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
As detailed before- I had issues with a bill received from the clinic. In speaking with the financial coordinator, she was unable to clearly articulate why I had received the bill. I appealed this bill and it was approved by that department. I was instructed to further communicate with the financial department. Upon communicating with the financial coordinator, she did not interpret the letter of approval the same way as I did despite me sending her a copy of the letter. She then told me I had to go back and communicate with the billing department, causing a frustrating back and forth, cyclic, communication which reaped no results. Only when I communicated with her superior, was I able to get the results I wanted as outlined by the appeals department.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bareh is compassionate and seems competent and very concerned with achieving a positive outcome for her patients. However, she's not a great communicator. Many times, I left the office to research things on my own after she did not explain something to my understanding...Dr. Bareh likes to begin cycles with aspirin and birth control pills. I used Gonal-F and Menopur as stims and then Centrotide for my trigger/antagonist. I took estradiol pills and progesterone in oil for both my fresh and FET cycles. The fresh cycle included estrogen pessaries, whereas, I vaginally inserted an estradiol pill for the FET. I took and antibiotic and Prednisone surrounding the transfer dates and a diazepam prior to the transfers.
I like this clinic [Loma Linda] because they're not commercial and don't shy away from tough cases. I get the overwhelming feeling that their goal is both to achieve live births and support the emotional well-being of the patients instead of being concerned about their numbers...They had my appointment down for the wrong date once. Other than that, the financial people seem disorganized. I've had to follow up many times, get charges fixed, and act as the go-between between the insurance company and them when they couldn't seem to understand what the insurance company was requesting.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Be prepared to ask about the next step(s) over and over again and press for clear answers. I think that Dr. Bareh doesn't understand what is old hat to her is mostly new to her patients.
Dr. Bareh takes the time to ask how I am doing and if I have any questions.
Some of the nurses are very compassionate and informative while others are very matter-of-fact and only give you information when they think you need it.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I like this clinic because they're not commercial and don't shy away from tough cases. I get the overwhelming feeling that their goal is both to achieve live births and support the emotional well-being of the patients instead of being concerned about their numbers. They have a good reputation and have a lab on premises. They are a little bare bones; I sometimes wish that they made the experience less clinical (the staff is warm, but it's clearly a doctor's office). The magic of baby-making is already severely crippled by the need to do IVF and they don't put much back in. I sometimes envy the people going to clinics that offer acupuncture or other frills, even music during the transfers would be nice.
The length of time at the monitoring appointments varied on the day. Patients were to come in between 7:30-9 a.m. The blood draw was always fast, but the wait for an ultrasound depended on who arrived first and what other appointments (non-monitoring) were scheduled for that day.
IVF & FET cycles do not include monitoring or medications. A FET cycle following a cancelled fresh transfer would include monitoring. It cost more than I was expecting (blood draw, monitoring, and medications add up), but nothing is cheap in SoCal.
The goal is for a singleton, but Dr. Bareh does allow multiple-embryo transfer for older patients if they accept the risks.

2013 - 2014
I appreciated that he [Dr. Jacobson] did not push or encourage more aggressive interventions (as one of his colleagues did on the day that I saw him), as he truly believed that my husband and I would be able to conceive using oral ovulation induction + timed intercourse
I have to say that I very much disliked the front desk staff [at Loma Linda Fertility] . The check-in/waiting room was very small, so you could hear everyone's information when they were checking in. I did not feel a strong connection with any of the nurses. I rarely spoke to them, unless they were taking vitals prior to my visit
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Jacobson was level-headed, incredibly calm, and very reassuring. He was patient, answered all of my questions, and made me feel at ease. I appreciated that he did not push or encourage more aggressive interventions (as one of his colleagues did on the day that I saw him), as he truly believed that my husband and I would be able to conceive using oral ovulation induction + timed intercourse (I did not believe this to be true). Of course, he was right, and I am so thankful that he encouraged me to stay the course. I felt well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Ask your questions, voice your doubts, trust his answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Jacobson at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Jacobson was incredibly professional and very, very kind. I lived in a different region than my husband during treatment, had a very stressful job, and was having a difficult time coming to terms with my diagnosis and need for fertility treatment. Dr. Jacobson addressed these concerns and asked me how I was feeling whenever we met. He made me feel incredibly comfortable and it was obvious that he truly cared about his patients.
Describe the protocols John Jacobson used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Standard Clomid protocol, switched to Femara due to thinner lining on Clomid, then standard protocol of Femara x 4 with 21 day progesterone. He modified the day/time frame that my husband and I should plan for intercourse based on my progesterone results each month. This worked!
I did not feel a strong connection with any of the nurses. I rarely spoke to them, unless they were taking vitals prior to my visit (this was generally done by MAs) or relaying my progesterone results.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I have to say that I very much disliked the front desk staff. The check-in/waiting room was very small, so you could hear everyone's information when they were checking in. It did not help that the front desk staff was quite loud. Furthermore, at each visit I had to explain why the visit would be covered by my insurance as I was still in the process of work-up. This was a pain!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Jacobson at Loma Linda University.
Each clinic visit was approx $200-400 (depending on ultrasound)
John Jacobson
Male Factor, Other
The level of dedication she has with each patient results in a bit of a wait. ... During treatment, Dr. Bareh changed course as needed even if it meant increasing the amount of work she needed. Both my retrievals resulted in freeze all. ... During treatment she took into consideration my personal life circumstances, at an inconvenience to the clinic she was flexible with scheduling treatments to coordinate with my husband’s work travel. ... Dr. Bareh is passionate about her work and her patients. She is very knowledgeable and considerate.
My procedures in this clinic [Loma Linda] went very smoothly. ... Bloodwork results are given in phone calls, it would be great if the information was available in email or chart. ... On the days that o was most nervous the clinic was efficient and professional, it made me feel much more comfortable. ... IVF cycle freeze all, Which included the egg retrieval, monitoring, and ICSI, $13,500. ... All of the nurses new me! The recognized me when I walked in.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh is passionate about her work and her patients. She is very knowledgeable and considerate. During treatment she took into consideration my personal life circumstances, at an inconvenience to the clinic she was flexible with scheduling treatments to coordinate with my husband’s work travel.
This is advice for any person seeking treatment, be prepared for changes in treatment.
It didn’t matter how busy the clinic was, Dr. Bareh always took the time needed to answer my questions. During treatment, Dr. Bareh changed course as needed even if it meant increasing the amount of work she needed. Both my retrievals resulted in freeze all.
During my first stims cycle 13 eggs were retrieved and 3 made it to 5 day blastocysts. Because of my lower AMH, Dr. Bareh recommended embryo banking. During my 2nd cycle my medication dosage doubled and hgh was added. The 2nd cycle resulted in 7 5day blastocysts.
All of the nurses new me! The recognized me when I walked in.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Dr. Bareh is very sought after. The level of dedication she has with each patient results in a bit of a wait. Bloodwork results are given in phone calls, it would be great if the information was available in email or chart. My procedures in this clinic went very smoothly. On the days that o was most nervous the clinic was efficient and professional, it made me feel much more comfortable.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Bareh is a wonderful doctor. She answers all questions and concerns that I have and is always honest with me, even if the response is something I may not like. She makes me feel comfortable and at ease; I truly trust her care plan and have faith that things will work out.... Dr. Bareh has great bedside manner. I have been her patient for 2+ years and ever since our first appointment I have always felt like she genuinely cared about me as a person and patient. She is extremely knowledgeable in what she does and I love that she is proactive with my care plan.
The clinic [Loma Linda] providers are all awesome, I have no complaints about anyone. The physical aspect of the clinic is not great; it needs to be much bigger. Patient rooms are extremely small and the labs are even worse.... The nurses are all very caring and are knowledgeable as well. They are prompt to answer any questions and concerns and also have great bedside manner.... Dr. Bareh has great bedside manner. I have been her patient for 2+ years and ever since our first appointment
East Asian, South Asian
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh has great bedside manner. I have been her patient for 2+ years and ever since our first appointment I have always felt like she genuinely cared about me as a person and patient. She is extremely knowledgeable in what she does and I love that she is proactive with my care plan. From the get go, she has always been honest with me and she is prompt to return my phone calls when I need her.
Advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Bareh would be to not give up, have faith, and don’t be afraid to ask her questions.
My care plan is IVF. I have not started any medications for this yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Loma Linda University.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The clinic providers are all awesome, I have no complaints about anyone. The physical aspect of the clinic is not great; it needs to be much bigger. Patient rooms are extremely small and the labs are even worse.
I have not met with the finance team to discuss costs yet.

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Kenneth Wong is so nice and treated me like a human. IuI went so smooth. ... He explains everything in detail and always calls to check on me. ... Very knowledgeable doctor. ... Listened to me and all my comcerns. Always kept me hopeful ... His helpers nurses [Loma Linda U] are so nice and respectful. I still feel hopeful. Ivf is next with him. ... Testing. Blood, hormones, hsg, we dis clomid and monitoring. And IUI. ... Ask every question!!
Every one responds quickly. Nurses are the best. Never felt like a number. ... Nice clinic [Loma Linda U] just sucks seeing pregnant women all the time. ... [Nurses] Very nice and understanding. Always reapinded to my questions. ... Just very expensive. ... $1200 IUI cycle... His [Dr. Wong's] helpers nurses are so nice and respectful. I still feel hopeful. ... Testing. Blood, hormones, hsg, we dis clomid and monitoring. And IUI.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Kenneth Wong at Loma Linda University?
Very knowledgeable doctor. Listens to me. Just very expensive. His helpers nurses are so nice and respectful. I still feel hopeful. Ivf is next with him. He explains everything in detail and always calls to check on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Wong at Loma Linda University?
Ask every question!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Wong at Loma Linda University?
Listened to me and all my comcerns. Always kept me hopeful
Describe the protocols Kenneth Wong used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Testing. Blood, hormones, hsg, we dis clomid and monitoring. And IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Loma Linda University. (Assigned nurse: Lynne heiss)
Very nice and understanding. Always reapinded to my questions.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Nice clinic just sucks seeing pregnant women all the time. Every one responds quickly. Nurses are the best. Never felt like a number. Kenneth Wong is so nice and treated me like a human. IuI went so smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Wong at Loma Linda University.
Exoensive. $1200 IUI cycle
Describe Kenneth Wong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Loma Linda University.
Kenneth Wong
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kenneth Wong at Loma Linda University.

2017 - 2019
I was treated with compassion, kindness and care. Dr. Bareh was always optimistic and kind, she kept me focused on the reward at the end of the journey... treated you as a human enduring a struggle. Never a number! She was comprehensive and always sought out the best treatment for me. She made sure to keep me positive and calm through this process!...in depth diagnostic tests to rule out any barriers and we then went from there. My appointments were never rushed, my questions were always answered and I always felt well informed about the care I was receiving.
The clinic [Loma Linda University] is flexible with my schedule. They always make sure that you are welcomed in a personal manner. The clinic was organized, clean and welcoming. I had been there for 2 years and had no concerns with the way I was managed or treated...You get so much more then a standard doctors visit at Loma linda center for fertility, you get a support system like no other!...The costa at Loma Linda were on par with all other clinics I had researched when starting the process. I did not feel that we over paid, and they except many forms of insurance.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh treated you as a human enduring a struggle. Never a number! She was comprehensive and always sought out the best treatment for me. She made sure to keep me positive and calm through this process!
Go in trusting her whole heartedly!
Her care was always comprehensive and tailored for my specific needs. These were in depth diagnostic tests to rule out any barriers and we then went from there. My appointments were never rushed, my questions were always answered and I always felt well informed about the care I was receiving. I was not just another patient, but a real person struggling with infertility. I was treated with compassion, kindness and care. Dr. Bareh was always optimistic and kind, she kept me focused on the reward at the end of the journey.
Not only was Dr. Bareh amazing but so was the staff from the women in the lab (Laine) to the receptionist (Lauren)to the financial department (Amanda) and the incredible nurses (Monica, Rachael, Angie, and Julie). We were treated like family. The staff cried tears of both frustration and tears of shear joy and happiness. If it were not for this amazing staff I would not be pregnant with my miracle! I would have never had the strength to get where I am today. You get so much more then a standard doctors visit at Loma linda center for fertility, you get a support system like no other!
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The clinic is flexible with my schedule. They always make sure that you are welcomed in a personal manner. The clinic was organized, clean and welcoming. I had been there for 2 years and had no concerns with the way I was managed or treated.

2016 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Bareh is an amazing doctor. I love that she seems to care as much about the success of my treatments as I do. She treats me so warmly, hugs me when she can tell I need a hug, and is just kind. She remembers stuff about me personally and feels not just like my doctor but family. Dr. Bareh understands that I am the type of person that needs to discuss all the options, all the what ifs, and know what to expect. With this in mind she always makes sure I get to ask all the questions I want and she explains everything in a way that I can understand...I feel Dr. Bareh adjusts to her patients. For example I like to think positive but I am a logical thinker so putting the negative outcomes totally out of mind isn't possible for me. So every time we are preparing for a procedure we discuss the unfavorable outcome and what we will do if that happens, and then we say ok but lets not think about that and think positive. She knows that being prepared for the unfavorable outcome calms me just knowing that if whatever we are trying doesn't go my way we have further options. Communicate with her the type of patient you are, ask all the questions you can.
I feel that I am treated very well at Dr. Bareh's [Loma Loma University]. All the nurses know my name, they refer to me in the hallways and are friendly. Dr. Bareh remembers personal details about our treatment and life. Dr. Bareh calls to check on me during recovery times or during times where we have to wait for the next step. I have even bumped into her outside of the clinic and she was personable and kind...I love that she seems to care as much about the success of my treatments as I do. She treats me so warmly, hugs me when she can tell I need a hug, and is just kind. She remembers stuff about me personally and feels not just like my doctor but family. Dr. Bareh understands that I am the type of person that needs to discuss all the options, all the what ifs, and know what to expect. With this in mind she always makes sure I get to ask all the questions I want and she explains everything in a way that I can understand.
2016 - 2019
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I feel that I am treated very well at Dr. Bareh's. All the nurses know my name, they refer to me in the hallways and are friendly. Dr. Bareh remembers personal details about our treatment and life. Dr. Bareh calls to check on me during recovery times or during times where we have to wait for the next step. I have even bumped into her outside of the clinic and she was personable and kind.
2020
[Dr. Gihan Bareh was] very thorough in answering our questions without judgement...She went over recommenced treatment plans , and answered questions. She went over all testing that was needed on both ends, and discussed next steps. She informed us we have time to do testing and return once results are in, so that next steps could be discussed...was very patient and helpful. She answered our questions very thoroughly. She explained what she was checking when she did the initial ultra sound and made sure we understood what we were looking at.
The clinic [Loma Linda University] is very well set up and has a warm atmosphere. When you walk in, the waiting area is small enough where it doesn’t feel like a big hospital. However, it was difficult to find inside hospital. We had to navigate a few floors to find clinic inside hospital...The entire staff, including the doctor were very thorough in answering our questions without judgement...From the beginning, the front desk nurse was very helpful when checking us in and explaining initial consultation pricing and initial forms. The nurse that helped me once inside with the doctor was very compassionate. She answered questions and explained herself very well.
2020
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Doctor was very patient and helpful. She answered our questions very thoroughly. She explained what she was checking when she did the initial ultra sound and made sure we understood what we were looking at.
Make a list of questions prior to appointment, so you don’t miss anything. Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
The doctor was thorough with explaining our diagnosis. She went over recommenced treatment plans , and answered questions. She went over all testing that was needed on both ends, and discussed next steps. She informed us we have time to do testing and return once results are in, so that next steps could be discussed.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The clinic is very well set up and has a warm atmosphere. When you walk in, the waiting area is small enough where it doesn’t feel like a big hospital. However, it was difficult to find inside hospital. We had to navigate a few floors to find clinic inside hospital.
We’ve only done a consultation, including an ultrasound. The cost was relatively cheap , however there was supposed to be a reimbursement and it had not happened yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Bareh was very thorough in going through procedures and what I should expect. She was super compassionate and knew exactly where to go next. She ran blood and ultrasounds first visit and we planned to move forward right away. ... My Dr was so warm with me I almost felt like I have known her for years. She was super thorough and went over everything with me.
The clinic is very clean and well organized with very knowledgeable nurses and staff. I believe that their strength is that they talk to us like they know us and they treat us like family just very kind and compassionate staff ... I know that my treatment was going to cost $13,500 plus medication $2000 ... We will be transferring two embryos as soon as we have them
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr Bareh was very thorough in going through procedures and what I should expect. She was super compassionate and knew exactly where to go next. She ran blood and ultrasounds first visit and we planned to move forward right away. However, we do not have the money. But Dr Bareh is the cheapest prices in Southern California that I have yet to see.
Not to worry that she will take good care of them
We ran blood work To make sure all my hormones were a good levels as well and as an ultrasound to check on my lady parts which were all good also an HSG to confirm my blocked tubes, however we have not moved forward with IVF as I have to come up with the money still
Compassionate and kind
I know that my treatment was going to cost $13,500 plus medication $2000
We will be transferring two embryos as soon as we have them

2018 - 2020
She [Dr. Bareh] always presented our options and clearly explained the process without overwhelming us with information. No shortcuts were taken, an example is when I was to undergo my transfer I had consumed the required amount of water but my bladder was not sufficiently full. Consequently the transfer was delayed an hour but it ensured she had good visibility to transfer the embryo under ultrasound. She knew I would be uncomfortable after the transfer with such a full bladder so to enable me to remain lying on the bed after the transfer she inserted a catheter to empty my bladd
The nurses [at Loma Linda University] were empathetic, kind and professional. They took time to explain things and give directions (eg. how to give injections and take medication). If unable to answer phone calls they would always reply the same day to answer any questions...The waiting times can sometimes be long but at the same time I always knew that if I had questions or a procedure took longer for me than anticipated I would get the care and treatment I needed. The staff at reception were always friendly and personable remembering my name and details. Renovations have been taking place over the time I’ve been a patient so the space itself is becoming more modern.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr Bareh is clearly a knowledgeable and skilled physician and I felt I could trust her judgment and guidance (eg. to transfer just the one embryo genetically tested as normal rather than transferring two, it and the one embryo that wasn’t genetically tested). She always presented our options and clearly explained the process without overwhelming us with information. No shortcuts were taken, an example is when I was to undergo my transfer I had consumed the required amount of water but my bladder was not sufficiently full. Consequently the transfer was delayed an hour but it ensured she had good visibility to transfer the embryo under ultrasound. She knew I would be uncomfortable after the transfer with such a full bladder so to enable me to remain lying on the bed after the transfer she inserted a catheter to empty my bladder.
Don’t delay a consultation and don’t be shy to ask questions.
Dr Bareh always took time to answer our (my husband and I) questions, discuss our options and explain the process we were taking. She had a pleasant bedside manner and I was always comfortable in her care.
The nurses were empathetic, kind and professional. They took time to explain things and give directions (eg. how to give injections and take medication). If unable to answer phone calls they would always reply the same day to answer any questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
There was once I went straight downstairs to the pharmacy to collect my prescription but it hadn’t been phoned through. It was not a problem as I could call and they did it right away.