8 Corporate Center Dr
Brooklyn (closed)
1725 East 12th St
Brooklyn, NY 11229
718-375-6400

I think he [Dr. Kenigsberg] really cares about his patients. I’m in constant communication with him via email and he always always answers my questions. He tells me what he thinks is beneficial for me and my husband. I haven’t gotten pregnant yet but I have faith in my dr...we started off with blood tests for our hormones sono, genetic testing, we decided to do three months of clomid and trying naturally. Then we did clomid and IUI. Now we are on round two of IUI with letrozole. If this fails one more IUI then IVF. We have unexplained infertility fertility
There was a lot of miscommunication between the nurses and the dr [at Long Island IVF] of what was happening for me one month. But i think it was more of the nurse assuming and not checking with him...The cost was average for our state. The billing department is not organized and difficult to deal with...I feel like some of the front desk staff weren’t helpful when we were having an issue with the genetic testing. I had to get my husband to call and all of a sudden it went from “im sorry we can’t help you with this” to “ok ok let me look into this for you.” When he called. Which is super frustrating that woman are treating other woman like that.
How was your experience with Daniel Kenigsberg at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I think he really cares about his patients. I’m in constant communication with him via email and he always always answers my questions. He tells me what he thinks is beneficial for me and my husband. I haven’t gotten pregnant yet but I have faith in my dr and he has come highly recommend by woman I know that he has gotten pregnant !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kenigsberg at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
This process takes time. Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kenigsberg at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I think Dr Kenigsberg actually cares about his patients and not how much money he is making.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kenigsberg used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
Well we started off with blood tests for our hormones sono, genetic testing, we decided to do three months of clomid and trying naturally. Then we did clomid and IUI. Now we are on round two of IUI with letrozole. If this fails one more IUI then IVF. We have unexplained infertility fertility
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Nursing staff is pretty good. There are great staff members and not so great staff members. Billing is pretty bad. A lot of miscommunication between billing and the nursing staff and what’s going on with a patient
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Frankly, billing there has been very challenging to deal with and that’s every month. I feel like some of the front desk staff weren’t helpful when we were having an issue with the genetic testing. I had to get my husband to call and all of a sudden it went from “im sorry we can’t help you with this” to “ok ok let me look into this for you.” When he called. Which is super frustrating that woman are treating other woman like that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kenigsberg at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
What specific things went wrong at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
There was a lot of miscommunication between the nurses and the dr of what was happening for me one month. But i think it was more of the nurse assuming and not checking with him
Melville

He [Dr. Kreiner] doesn’t make you feel rushed, his bedside manor and compassion...He’s so sweet, takes his time with you. He goes over everything with you and you feel like he’s just as invested in your journey as you are. He gives you his honest opinion and explains everything that you should expect and he’s funny too.... Before we found out we only had 1 viable embryo to transfer My Dr. suggested single transfer because I was a healthy 35yr old and the risks with multiples were higher.
The nursing staff at Long Island IVF is absolutely amazing! I love them all, the nicest, friendliest compassionate women! They are wonderful... All of the doctors, nurses and lab technicians are great at the Melville location. It is so nice to have everything done in one office too! From blood work, to lab tests, to sonos, exams, operating room. It really makes it so much easier.... IVF it was around $14,000 plus meds. Genetic testing was $200.00
How was your experience with David Kreiner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kreiner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
He doesn’t make you feel rushed, his bedside manor and compassion
Describe the protocols David Kreiner used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
We did IUI’s with clomid with the HCG shot and progesterone, unfortunately none of them worked just like the ones at my regular OB’s office. Then we did an IVF cycle with Follistim, gonal F, HCG, progesterone in oil, estrace, baby aspirin. We did the egg retrieval and got 7 eggs out, 4 fertilized and 1 made it to day 5 for the transfer. I got a positive pregnancy test and my second beta test showed my numbers doubling. My first sono went well waiting for my second to confirm there’s a heartbeat.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Marylou)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kreiner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
IUIs were mostly covered by insurance, just had to pay for meds and shots. As for IVF it was around $14,000 plus meds. Genetic testing was $200.00
Describe David Kreiner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).

Treated 2018 - 2019
While sitting in front of Dr Kreiner, I felt like he did care. But I wasn't more then a chart he was reading. He didn't remember me or take time to get to know us. We only spent about 15 minutes with him....I asked him to be very aggressive since we were paying out of pocket, but he was not. I was on a very minimal protocol of medications that only resulted in 2 low quality embryos. My cycle should have been cancelled....I was on 3 menopur a day for almost 15 days because my follicles weren't growing and he didn't want to cancel.
The nursing staff [Long Island IVF] was great when you were face to face. But they see so many patients daily, its a factory....Prescriptions not called in. Nurses saying we should cancel multiple times, but the doctor not wanting to. So I would go in for my every other day sonograms and hear the word cancel over and over and how bad they felt for me.... Communication needs to greatly improve. Everything was told to me verbally, I had to take my own notes. Their office forgot to call in a prescription I needed that night and I had to spend time on the phone finding someone who could call it in.
I have no doubt he is an excellent doctor. He is smart and very knowledgeable. But he is missing the personal touch. Conversations seemed surface level even though this is a very emotional and personal experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kreiner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I was on 3 menopur a day for almost 15 days because my follicles weren't growing and he didn't want to cancel. After the first 7 days the injections were changed to intramuscular which did help. Dr Kreiner did want me to hyper stimulate so he was cautious (which i did NOT appreciate since we were paying out of pocket)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jessica G)
The nursing staff was great when you were face to face. But they see so many patients daily, its a factory.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Communication needs to greatly improve. Everything was told to me verbally, I had to take my own notes. Their office forgot to call in a prescription I needed that night and I had to spend time on the phone finding someone who could call it in. I often left feeling overwhelmed. I wish they would send emails with all your notes and results. Also, the phlebotomist were actually amazing people. They got to know me more then the rest of the staff. I got hugs from all of them on transfer day. HOWEVER, they should be told to NOT complain about their kids or their pregnancies in front of patients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
It was a fairly well oiled system. I never waited too long
IVF Cycle was $22,000 plus meds.
Dr Kreiner was amendment about only transferring 1. Had i had more then 2 I would have pushed back to transfer 2. But i wanted to freeze one for a FET
Prescriptions not called in. Nurses saying we should cancel multiple times, but the doctor not wanting to. So I would go in for my every other day sonograms and hear the word cancel over and over and how bad they felt for me. Only to get a call later saying Dr Kreiner didn't want to cancel. A doctor who was supposed to do a water sonogram, told me my HCG was too high (it was under 2) and wouldn't do it, delaying my treatment. I told the staff multiple times i had a vacation planned, they should have noted it but instead forgot about it and kept trying to schedule things conflicting with my vacation.

Treated 2016 - 2018
he [Dr. David Kreiner] was able to diagnose us with male factor ( we saw another doctor there who never mentioned it ) weaknesses is that he treats you like a number not a human ... he has poor bedside manor most days. He never changed protocol and had no real answers or explanation for us after 2 years and 3 losses other than “seems like bad luck “... No rationale . Very cookie cutter plans. We asked to change something to yield better results but did not happen .
Morning monitoring appointments [at Long Island IVF] went smoothly . However I would show up 45 minutes before it opened to make sure I was first in line so I could be to work on time...Overall a strong preference for single transfer if you are under 35...Some of the staff are very rude when you call. Some of the head nurses are so terrible to deal with . They just seem like robots who do this all the time and have no true compassion for what I went through. They did not make things easy and many times caused a lot of emotional heartache and made things very difficult. However the morning monitoring nurses were so great !
Strengthens was that he was able to diagnose us with male factor ( we saw another doctor there who never mentioned it ) weaknesses is that he treats you like a number not a human ... he has poor bedside manor most days. He never changed protocol and had no real answers or explanation for us after 2 years and 3 losses other than “seems like bad luck “ .
Try a different doctor :( .
There was no special attention given. We have been with the practice for 3 years and 2 years with him and 3 losses with him. Each time we sat down it was as if he had no idea who we were and we had to explain everything all over again.
He uses the same one each time. Birth control for a month . Then start estrace for a few days then start injections. No rationale . Very cookie cutter plans. We asked to change something to yield better results but did not happen .
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Got the job done but not very warm or caring
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Morning monitoring appointments went smoothly . However I would show up 45 minutes before it opened to make sure I was first in line so I could be to work on time.
About 15,000-25,000 depending on PGS
Overall a strong preference for single transfer if you are under 35.
I tried to get a prescription filled for over two weeks and never received it. I called a few times , left voice messages , phone messages with a receptionist and left emails.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Brenner is a kind man, he approached my situation with sensitivity and candor, which I truly appreciate... is a true professional. His experience, knowledge and desire to help those of us who are unable to conceive on their own is a true blessing and gift. During our visit he discussed the clinical results and offered us his professional opinion of our current situation and what we should do if we wanted to continue with treatment. We needed a doctor who was going to be straight forward, making sure all options were explored and explained so we could make a decision on what our next steps should be and/or to be comfortable with the possibility of an "only option".
Victoria Loveland [at Long Island IVF] is an excellent nurse. She made sure we understood what our treatment entailed from cost to the physical aspect of it all. She always kept in touch throughout the entire process and made sure everything was in order from inception to the surgery. She was extremely sympathetic and supportive when the pregnancy failed. She was there prior to and after the surgery. She is very sweet and incredibly kind.
How was your experience with Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I feel that Dr. Brenner is a true professional. His experience, knowledge and desire to help those of us who are unable to conceive on their own is a true blessing and gift. During our visit he discussed the clinical results and offered us his professional opinion of our current situation and what we should do if we wanted to continue with treatment. We needed a doctor who was going to be straight forward, making sure all options were explored and explained so we could make a decision on what our next steps should be and/or to be comfortable with the possibility of an "only option".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Trust Dr. Brenner and have faith.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Describe the protocols Steven Brenner used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
It was explained by Dr. Brenner that donor egg was our only option at this point. When treatment began we did all the necessary blood screenings, physical evaluation and testing, we where evaluated by a psychologist and assigned a RN who monitored our treatment and find us a donor if we could not find one on our own. A year after treatment began, a donor was found whom we were comfortable with and preparation for transfer began. Blood screening was continued, when my last menstrual cycleI began I was put in a protocol of estogen and baby asprin. Eventually I was put on progesterone and oil and had to take Medrol and Doxycycline for 5 days which started pre transfer and ended the after transfer. My husband produce seman specimen to be frozen, just in case the day of he was able to. We had 7 eggs, my husband was able to produce a fresh specimen on the day the eggs were to be thawed and ICSI was used to fertilize the eggs. Only 5 eggs fertilized and on day 3, post fertilization, 2 embryos were transferred. We were told 3 days later that the 3 remaining eggs did not make it to day 5. My medication protocol continued with estrogen, baby asprin and progesterone and oil. Day 10 post transfer we had a positive pregnancy test. The same medication protocol continued and blood screenings to evaluate levels. I was told by Dr. Brenner on my second HcG blood test that the levels were normal but on the low end, but that didn't mean I couldn'thave a normal pregnancy. The same continued on the following HcG test. The first sonogram showed a small embryo, Dr. Brenner said they like to see it bigger, but they would continue monitoring. The next sono was with Dr. Kreiner an associate, he stated the same and added that he could not determine if there was a sack or not. 6+ weeks post transfer sonogram with another associate Dr. Zinger showed no development in the fetus. Dr. Zinger and the RN were very consoling as the devastating news was delivered. Dr. Zinger discusses the options of letting a miscarriage happen on it's own or have a DNC. I said I would like to discuss that with Dr. Brenner, he understood. Dr. Brenner called that evening, offering his condolences, at that point my husband and I had already decided on the DNC because I couldn't put myself through expecting a miscarriage, that would have been to much for me to bare. The DNC was scheduled 2 days later and Dr. Brenner preformed the surgery. The tissue was taking to have genetic testing done. Dr. Brenner had me continue taking the estogen for 2 weeks post surgery, stating it would help build up the lining of my uterus. Now I am waiting for my menstrual cycle to begin. Dr. Brenner stated I could take medicine for it to come, I declined the medication, I rather it happen on own. Genetic testing is in process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Victoria Loveland)
Victoria Loveland is an excellent nurse. She made sure we understood what our treatment entailed from cost to the physical aspect of it all. She always kept in touch throughout the entire process and made sure everything was in order from inception to the surgery. She was extremely sympathetic and supportive when the pregnancy failed. She was there prior to and after the surgery. She is very sweet and incredibly kind. The nursing staff is great and communicative, they made sure I had all the information and guidance I needed throughout my treatment. The RN that was in the room when my husband and I received the devastating news, gave me a hug and was very sympathetic to our situation. All there kindness was very appreciated. They are still in contact with me, they are following through with treatment instructions from Dr. Brenner.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I feel that the doctors and staff are extremely professional and have a great desire to help their patients achieve their dream of becoming parents. The only complaint is my husband didn't feel the the room he was given to produce a specimen in was really a bathroom with a fold out chair. He said he would have liked a more comfortable environment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Our medical insurance does not cover IVF treatment, it will only cover treatment prior to treatment and post treatment if pregnancy occurs.
Describe Steven Brenner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Due to my age, they ( the facility, doctors) only allow up to 2 embryos to be transferred at a single time.

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Crane are provided us with a wonderful experience. He had a lovely bedside manner and during each visit communicated his interest in us. He was fairly accessible. He was upfront about our odds when we first started the process, not overly pessimistic but neither did he set unrealistic expectations. There were a couple of instances where we weren't completely clear on the information he provided to us but in each instance he was able to provide clarity when requested. Overall it was a positive experience and I would definitely recommend him and have recommended him to my friends.
Clinic [Long Island IVF] was clean, typically I did not have to wait very long for my appointments, I was in and out...I would call on one or two occasions being provided information by one nurse that conflicted with information provided by another. Nothing that wasn't resolved soon after....Nursing staff was pretty efficient and forthcoming with information, I don't remember them being overly empathetic or compassionate but certainly no issues with them.
While Dr. Kreiner provided us with a good deal of information I would still recommend that my friend do their own homework and get informed so that they can ask the right questions.
Dr. Kreiner took ample time to sit with my husband and I to explain our options. He had a great bedside manner during treatments.
As informative as Dr. Kreiner was, he never did actually provide me with the name of the protocol that he was using come to I think of it. But I did have was a list of medication that I was supposed to take. Our objective was to be conservative and produce a good amount of eggs but for me not to be overstimulated since I didn't want to have to make a decision about discarding embryos. Meds: Menopur, Ganirelix, Gonal F, Progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Mary Ann)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Clinic was clean, typically I did not have to wait very long for my appointments, I was in and out.
It was fairly efficient, I never had to wait for very long. It was convenient for me and never significantly disrupted my day.
~13k
I believe he suggested a single embryo transfer but I don't recall that he had a very strong position .

Treated 2016
Dr. Pena was great. I felt like he was talking to me on a person to person level...My one piece of advice would be to always do your research and ask the subsequent questions. He had great bed side manner, I always felt comfortable with him. On our first consultation he explained everything perfectly and I felt much more confident and in control with my treatment with him as my doctor as opposed to my first fertility doctor. Things went as smoothly as they could during infertility treatment and I had no issues with Dr. Pena...
As far as strengths [of the LI IVF Melville clinic] go, the staff was friendly and comforting. The monitoring hours early in the morning were great because I was able to do all my treatment without it conflicting with work or personal life. The staff was always fast too, for normal monitoring I never waited more than 20 minutes (includes getting blood drawn and ultra sound preformed). As far as weaknesses go, at some points it really felt like there was a slight lack of professionalism on phone calls, as well as slight incompetence throughout the different offices.
How was your experience with Joseph Pena at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I really liked Dr. Pena as a doctor. He had great bed side manner, I always felt comfortable with him. On our first consultation he explained everything perfectly and I felt much more confident and in control with my treatment with him as my doctor as opposed to my first fertility doctor. Things went as smoothly as they could during infertility treatment and I had no issues with Dr. Pena.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Pena at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
My one piece of advice would be to always do your research and ask the subsequent questions. With my first fertility doctor I felt completely out of control and it was extremely frustrating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Pena at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Pena was great. I felt like he was talking to me on a person to person level. I didn't feel like he had any cockiness or over confidence that I associated with my first fertility doctor.
Describe the protocols Joseph Pena used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
We started with 100mg of clomid usually on CD 4/5 for five days. Clomid was used because of my PCOS w/annovulatory cycles. My follicle growth was then monitored for the next 2 weeks (give or take) using ultrasound until my follicles were about ready to release. I was then given the "go-ahead" to inject myself with a trigger shot to further help my follicles release the eggs. About 36 hours after taking the trigger shot I went in for the IUI procedure. Two cycles produced negative results, one of which had a "weird" result with slight positive at home pregnancy tests, a negative blood test at first and with a second blood test it came back positive. With a third blood test, it was negative again and I concluded was a chemical pregnancy. The third time was the charm, however, and I am currently (as of 7/29/16) 7 and a half weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica was wonderful, she was extremely upbeat and always a joy to talk to. She always called at the same time of day, which was great seeing as I knew to schedule my day around receiving the call. The rest of the nursing staff were very kind, however sometimes they (more so the receptionists) seemed to not be confident or know 100% what they were doing. This review is more for the LI IVF Melville location because I did 99% of my monitoring at that location. The nursing staff were always nice and talked to me about personal stuff, since I saw them so much. However the financial adviser Vitalia (Melville location) was absolutely horrible. She never seemed to know what she was talking about. She never had a correct answer for me and would usually just pawn me off onto someone else (like billing), who also wouldn't be able to answer my questions. Every time I had to deal with her in the very beginning of our journey, it was like pulling teeth. For example, she (and the rest of the staff) completely neglected to inform myself or my husband about possible charges from genetic testing, that if insurance didn't cover it, it would then come out of pocket. Since our insurance did NOT cover it, we ended up being billed and spent 3 months battling to get it waived because we were unaware our insurance wouldn't cover it. During this whole time with having to deal with Vitalia it really gave me a bad taste in my mouth. She constantly forwarded me to other people who had no answers and it was a nightmare. We then ended up getting billed two more times, totaling around 1,800 dollars. Thankfully after a long 6 month battle we got it settled and only paid the one bill of 600 dollars. Another example of my frustration is during the second cycle of IUI, I was doing my monitoring at the Melville location and before my pregnancy blood test, I had taken an at home pregnancy test which came back very faintly positive. When I got the blood test results back, it was negative. Which was devastating, but I picked myself up to start round three. When I went in for blood work to start the next IUI cycle, the nurse from the Melville location called and basically just said "This is weird" and told me my blood results came back with a positive pregnancy, but it was probably just a lab error. This frustrated me to no end, specifically because "this is weird" is not professional at all and if there is a high chance it is a lab error, I should have just been told I needed to come back for more blood work. I went back for more, hoping and praying for a miracle and it ended with a negative. That whole roller coaster ride was extremely emotionally difficult for me and I spent the next half of the new IUI cycle very angry.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
As far as strengths go, the staff was friendly and comforting. The monitoring hours early in the morning were great because I was able to do all my treatment without it conflicting with work or personal life. The staff was always fast too, for normal monitoring I never waited more than 20 minutes (includes getting blood drawn and ultra sound preformed). As far as weaknesses go, at some points it really felt like there was a slight lack of professionalism on phone calls, as well as slight incompetence throughout the different offices. For example, one nurse telling me to schedule an appointment for a pregnancy exam, and another nurse telling me I just need to go in for monitoring hours. This caused confusion and doubt as to what was correct. A major weakness also was the Melville locations financial adviser. She was a very frustrating person to deal with in every situation. Anything else I want a new patient to know is to always ask questions, always take your treatment in your hands and control everything you possibly can. Always ask for specific number results and what they mean, as why you're taking certain medications, ask if these things will be covered by your insurance before you accept any form of medication or treatments. If you don't you will be taken advantage of, as I was in the beginning!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Pena at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I had around a 700 dollar deductible when we started. A few co pays of 40 dollars each (probably totaling around 120). 2 Rounds of trigger shots costed about 200 (give or take). I believe the third round was covered by insurance. Clomid medication for 3 rounds costed about 90 dollars if not covered by insurance. All monitoring (blood and sonograms) were covered by insurance.

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Brenner is quite dry and gets right to the point, which is not something I mind. While I have only seen him in person 3 times (consultation before starting treatment, once during treatment, and one for an HSG) he has been available via telephone and has personally returned all phone calls I have placed to him. My wife and I did not feel rushed during our appointments with him and we felt that he took time to answer our questions clearly.
Long Island IVF runs efficiently. The Melville office can often be crowded on weekends, as it is the only office open on weekends, I have never had a long wait for scheduled IUI's, bloodwork/sono, or other testing during the week...Dr. Brenner personally returned phone calls when I asked to speak directly with him. He took the time to answer all of my questions clearly and in a way that was easy to understand. While he is quite blunt and to the point, that is not a quality I mind in a doctor. I would rather them get right to the point rather than beat around the bush.
Ask the questions you want answered!
So far I have done 4 IUI cycles. The 1st cycle was a natural cycle and the subsequent cycles were with 5mg clomid and Ovidrel to trigger ovulation. I have gone for bloodwork and sonograms to monitor hormone levels and the growth of follicles. Following my 3rd failed IUI Dr. Brenner conducted an HSG to make sure my tubes were open. I was then diagnosed with an arcuate uterus which he explained should not affect my ability to get pregnant. I am currently in the TWW of my 4th IUI cycle, following this cycle Dr. Brenner has suggested moving on to IVF.
The nursing staff at the Melville office are kind and compassionate. While they do work quickly as there are many patients to see, I never felt rushed or as if I was just another patient, they make you feel like you matter.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Co-pays for various testing, and $100 thawing fee for each IUI cycle.
Treated 2013 - 2016
Dr. Kuokkanen were extremely kind of patient with me. I could feel her compassion for her clients and she's so professional and capable with her skills. She had administered two IVF cycles for me and both were successful. She was able to accomplish what other doctors couldn't. I'm extremely happy with her....Lorraine is so compassionate, patient, and kind. She's so thoughtful and went through all the details with me, coordinated with me about all the steps of this whole process. She replied to my email even during her off hours. She's has gone above and beyond for me.
I have achieved two successful cycles and two failed cycles with Long Island IVF. I think if I picked the right doctor [Satu Kuokkanen] then things can work out beautifully. Most of the staff here are friendly, courteous, and nice. However, they are a little bit disorganized, and you must be on top of your own case, and follow through everything carefully....Lorraine is so compassionate, patient, and kind. She's so thoughtful and went through all the details with me, coordinated with me about all the steps of this whole process. She replied to my email even during her off hours. She's has gone above and beyond for me.
How was your experience with Satu Kuokkanen at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satu Kuokkanen at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
put all of your trust in her and communicate with Dr. Kuokkanen about all of your feelings and thoughts
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satu Kuokkanen at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Kuokkanen had administered two IVF cycles for me and both times were successful. She has gone above and beyond to help me out. She's kind, patient, professional, she's the best doctor and I highly recommend her to anyone.
Describe the protocols Satu Kuokkanen used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
I was successful with my first IVF cycle with Dr. Kuokkanen in 2013, and 2 years later, I experienced two failures with another doctor. I decided to go back to Dr. Kuokkanen and chatted with her about my concerns. She put me on estrogen patches before I started my injection cycles. along the injection cycle, she broke the usage of the meds into morning dosage and evening dosage. I felt that her strategies were very flexible and carefully planned out. and the best thing is, it definitely worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Lorraine Karagannis)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I have achieved two successful cycles and two failed cycles with Long Island IVF. I think if I picked the right doctor then things can work out beautifully. Most of the staff here are friendly, courteous, and nice. However, they are a little bit disorganized, and you must be on top of your own case, and follow through everything carefully.
the monitoring appointments are in the mornings so it was pretty smooth
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satu Kuokkanen at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
approximately $20,000
Satu Kuokkanen
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Brenner was very informative. His approach is very direct and blunt and could easily be a turn off to people. After our first failed cycle they were very quick to schedule the next one but we wanted to look more closely at all of our labs. They were open to doing so once we asked...Be prepared for a very direct approach....Because of my irregular hormone levels we were monitored very heavily throughout the first 12 weeks by both of them and my regular OB/GYN.
Getting an appointment [at Long Island IVF Melville] is always easy. The hours can be a little strange and I often had to take off from work but it was worth it. The nursing staff was always helpful, sympathetic and thoughtful to Your emotional needs...[Nurses] They were very understanding and easy to get a hold of. They would meet with us or talk with us as much as we needed and at anytime. We always got a call back right away...My insurance covered a lot and anything that we owed them was discussed and planned out for payments
Dr. Brenner was very informative. His approach is very direct and blunt and could easily be a turn off to people. After our first failed cycle they were very quick to schedule the next one but we wanted to look more closely at all of our labs. They were open to doing so once we asked. Whether or not that made the difference but their second cycle will never now but if we had not asked they probably would not have looked into some of the things we brought up.
Be prepared for a very direct approach.
I cannot remember exactly but we did have to use Lupron, progesterone, and estrogen. The estrogen had to be modified throughout the cycle and they upped it a lot. We ended up having to take three pills a day as well as an injection every other day. Progesterone also went past 12 weeks under their supervision. Because of my irregular hormone levels we were monitored very heavily throughout the first 12 weeks by both of them and my regular OB/GYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Vicki Loveland)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Getting an appointment is always easy. The hours can be a little strange and I often had to take off from work but it was worth it. The nursing staff was always helpful, sympathetic and thoughtful to Your emotional needs.

Treated 2008 - 2013
We found Dr. Brenner responsive and easy to talk with....Dr. Brenner personally called to congratulate us after the birth of our son in 2008. We went back to Dr. Brenner when we were ready to try to have another child. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. We were impressed that he personally called to wish us condolences on our loss.
The staff at Long Island IVF was very responsive. One Sunday morning early in a pregnancy, I started having bleeding. My OBGYN's office was not open, so I called Dr. Brenner's office. His staff said to come in right away. They discovered that my baby still had a heartbeat, but my progesterone levels were dangerously low. Even though it was Sunday and the office was supposed to be closing for the day, his staff stayed to make sure that was able to get progesterone in an effort to save my baby. Although that pregnancy eventually ended in miscarriage, it meant so much to me that they valued my baby and did everything that they could to try to save her.
We found Dr. Brenner responsive and easy to talk with.
We had co-payments, but costs were generally manageable. This may be because we only had IUIs and not IVF.
Generally, the staff was very responsive and on top of things. They once forgot to call with results of a pregnancy test, but when I called to follow up, they gave me the results immediately. In general, we were very pleased with their responsiveness.

Treated 2012 - 2013
I felt that Dr Brenner's number one priority was to see as many patients as possible without much concern for outcomes... it was a nurse who did my IUIs....Dr Brenner failed to answer specific questions I asked him, and his billing department gave me incorrect information about my coverage.
Long Island IVF is run like a factory. The waiting room is always packed and you're just in and out. The nurses didn't know me, and it was a nurse who did my IUIs. The first IUI was painful because the nurse couldn't get the catheter in properly. I only saw Dr Brenner for my initial consult and exam and then for another consult after each failed IUI.
Dr Brenner was the second Doctor we saw at LIIVF. The first doctor took a personal phone call during our consultation and we walked out. During my initial consult and exam with Dr Brenner, I specifically asked what the side effects of the medications were that he was prescribing. I was told "similar to a period" and that was it. After the first IUI failed, an ultrasound revealed several cysts which I had never had before. The nurse told me that cysts were a common side effect of the medication. Dr Brenner never mentioned anything about cysts. He also had me coming in daily for blood work and ultrasounds - something that was deemed superfluous by another doctor. I felt that Dr Brenner's number one priority was to see as many patients as possible without much concern for outcomes.
Find someone else.
They worked like efficient machines but made no attempts to get to know the patients - even those they saw on a daily basis.

Treated 2011 - 2012
He [Dr. Kreiner] made you feel like your time was important and that he cared about helping...He was great for all textbook infertility issues. Anything with very complicated issues was not something he seemed interested in entertaining like looking into immunological components. While in my case never was able to get pregnant. I inquired endometriosis is an autoimmune problem but the thought of immunological complications was basically disregarded and said he didn’t believe in that.
There was a lot of copays daily to get monitoring [at Long Island IVF]. I’m not sure you need the level of monitoring after going elsewhere and not needing daily blood work and soon. If you have complicated stage 4 endo don’t waist your time go see a Reproductive immunologist...They [nurses] were helpful...He [Dr. Kreiner] made you feel like your time was important and that he cared about helping
He was great for all textbook infertility issues. Anything with very complicated issues was not something he seemed interested in entertaining like looking into immunological components. While in my case never was able to get pregnant. I inquired endometriosis is an autoimmune problem but the thought of immunological complications was basically disregarded and said he didn’t believe in that. He wanted to do egg donor very expensive process but we never got pregnant so I couldn’t justify it and figured adoption would be. A better option especially if we could get a tangible result. Persistence paid off and Dr Braverman figured out the problem.
If you are not textbook and have stage 4 don’t waist your time go to a Reproductive immunologist because I wish I knew sooner I might have 2 kids already.
He made you feel like your time was important and that he cared about helping
I can’t remember
They were helpful
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
There was a lot of copays daily to get monitoring. I’m not sure you need the level of monitoring after going elsewhere and not needing daily blood work and soon. If you have complicated stage 4 endo don’t waist your time go see a Reproductive immunologist.
Cattle call
Treated 2011
I loved Dr Kennigsberg. When I met him, I knew immediately that he was the one that would be able to get me pregnant. I had two prior not so great experiences with other doctors and was losing faith. All restored when meeting him...i was started out on birth control so they could "control" my ovulation. I don't recall the names of the 2 injectables that I used. I believe I injected for 10-14 days. There was an hcg shot and 2 progesterone injects. 12 hours after my hcg I had my eggs retrieved. I was getting bloodwork and ultrasounds during this process. I had a 5 day transfer and was using progesterone vaginal suppositories until my 9th week of pregnancy .
The office assigns you a consultant. Mine was an NP, whom I had access to whenever needed. When seeing Dr Kennigsberg, he was always friendly and kind. I didn't get the feeling that his office was an assembly line... I loved Dr Kennigsberg. When I met him, I knew immediately that he was the one that would be able to get me pregnant. I had two prior not so great experiences with other doctors and was losing faith. All restored when meeting him.
Have faith!
The office assigns you a consultant. Mine was an NP, whom I had access to whenever needed. When seeing dr kennigsberg, he was always friendly and kind. I didn't get the feeling that his office was an assembly line.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: I don't remember the NPs name)
I loved Jackie...she did all my bloodwork. I was given a calendar by my NP with my schedule so I knew what to expect. I loved that.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
They were great. Very organized, friendly and professional.
It was done at my convenience due to my work hours. I never saw other people waiting or felt like I wasn't the only patient there.
12,000 all included.
Melville
I feel that he [Dr. Kreiner] cares. He is offering me additional help and guidance such as accupuncture. He explains things in detail. He provides numbers and breaks things down to where you can understand. I emailed him when he was on vacation and responded....He explains things in detail. He remains hopeful...He understands what you are going though and is there to help...I did two rounds of clomid iuis next round is with injectables because it will increase my chances.
They [Long Island IVF] make you feel comfortable they offer hope and guidance. It is a comfortable office and the whole staff is super nice. I call all the time and i get a response back within a few hours. They go above and beyond for their patients...I drive them [nursing staff] nuts everytime i see them. They offer me hope they are amazing people...I feel that he [Dr. Kreiner] cares. He is offering me additional help and guidance such as accupuncture
I feel that he cares. He is offering me additional help and guidance such as accupuncture. He explains things in detail. He provides numbers and breaks things down to where you can understand. I emailed him when he was on vacation and responded.
He understands what you are going though and is there to help
He explains things in detail. He remains hopeful
I drive them nuts everytime i see them. They offer me hope they are amazing people
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
They make you feel comfortable they offer hope and guidance. It is a comfortable office and the whole staff is super nice. I call all the time and i get a response back within a few hours. They go above and beyond for their patients.
Not sure

Treated 2017
I only saw Dr Brenner three times. Once for the consultation, once for a hysterosalpingogram and once for bleeding after the HSG. The 2 insemination were done by other doctors I had never met before. When I got the negative result, I was called by the nurse and never heard from Dr. Brenner again....Don't expect more then medical care. I wanted more attention. To me this process should be so much more personalized then it is.
The phlebotomist [Long Island IVF] were the best part of the team. I was in often and no one really remembers your name or talks to you beyond whats necessary. It was all very impersonal and cold. Too many nurses, too many doctors... its a factory....Don't expect more then medical care. I wanted more attention. To me this process should be so much more personalized then it is....I don't feel like I was every remembered, there was nothing personal about my experiences with anyone in this office.
I don't remember perfectly, but I was on Clomid and had minimal follicles.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The phlebotomist were the best part of the team. I was in often and no one really remembers your name or talks to you beyond whats necessary. It was all very impersonal and cold. Too many nurses, too many doctors... its a factory.
We paid out of pocket for the IUI, cost was $2,000 plus medications

Treated 2011 - 2013
God awful. I had a miscarriage on his watch ( after a failed fresh transfer) and he didn't even have the decency to answer a question when I was standing 2 feet away from him in his office.
He was an awful doctor.
Don't even waste your time with him or this clinic.
He was an awful doctor.
It was a money making clinic. They did not care about you as a person. I requested paperwork in the mail and actually received another patients file. All the phlebotomists were rude, the receptionists were nasty and the doctors were clueless.
Treated 2013
I felt everyone in Dr. Zingers office was invested in the success of my IVF. I also found Dr.Zinger to be very compassionate and respectful of my and my husbands struggle with infertility...I felt like she [my nurse] was there just for me. She made sure I understood everything.
When my first cycle failed they immediately advised me to start another cycle. My meds were ordered and delivered to me. They did not contact my insurance to see where my budget was. My insurance had run out for infertility services at some point during my first cycle. I was lucky that the pharmacy took the meds back and refunded my money. However, I was still responsible for approx. $4,000 worth of services.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Zinger at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
I felt everyone in Dr.Zingers office was invested in the success of my IVF. I also found Dr.Zinger to be very compassionate and respectful of my and my husbands struggle with infertility
I felt like she was there just for me. She made sure I understood everything.
When my first cycle failed they immediately advised me to start another cycle. My melds were ordered and delivered to me. They did not contact my insurance to see where my budget was. My insurance had run out for infertility services at some point during my first cycle. I was lucky that the pharmacy took the meds back and refunded my money. However, I was still responsible for approx. $4,000 worth of services.
Michael Zinger
Treated 2014 - 2015
He [Dr. Kenigsberg] seemed knowledgeable and very nice the 2 times that I saw him...But never really saw Dr K. He would call the nurses to go over instructions and they in turn would call you.
The nurses [at Long Island IVF] were very good and treated you like a person and not just a number...Get to know your nurses ..they will be your link to your Dr.
He seemed knowledgeable and very nice the 2 times that I saw him. One was the first consultation and the second was at the hospital were he performed an HSG. Otherwise only dealt wi th nurses.
Get to know your nurses ..they will be your link to your dr
The nurses were very good and treated you like a person and not just a number. But never really saw dr K. He would call the nurses to go over instructions and they in turn would call you

Treated 2016
[Dr. David Kreiner's] personality and bedside manner are lacking warmth. As a first time IVF client and a single woman and felt uniformed and floundering during my first cycle...It was a Clomid protocol...Multiple women seen during early am monitoring. Felt rushed in and out...He is know to be very knowledgeable and a pioneer in infertility treatment...Ask questions be informed before you go ask for all options available...
Warmth varied from person to person [at Long Island IVF] some very nice some came off cold and angry especially the nursing coordinator. She [nurse] completes your pre-retrieval instruction via video chat which comes off as very impersonal and her tone is angry. My primary nurse also forgot to order my Gonal F for my cycle and caused me a lot of stress and extra running around to get it...I was not called the day after my first retrieval with my fertilization results. I had to call them.
He is know to be very knowledgeable and a pioneer in infertility treatment but his personality and bedside manner are lacking warmth. As a first time IVF client and a single woman and felt uniformed and floundering during my first cycle.
Ask question and detailed explanations.
Multiple women seen during early am monitoring. Felt rushed in and out.
I don’t recall specifics. It was a Clomid protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Maryann)
Warmth varied from person to person some very nice some came off cold and angry especially the nursing coordinator. She completes your pre-retrieval instruction via video chat which comes off as very impersonal and her tone is angry. My primary nurse also forgot to order my Gonal F for my cycle and caused me a lot of stress and extra running around to get it.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The clinic is a Center of Excellence for my insurance and brings the cost of cycles down. Multiple offices is a plus. Be prepared for multiple women waiting in the mornings for monitoring. Ask questions be informed before you go ask for all options available.
I was like a cattle call but not the worst I have experienced.
I was mostly covered by my insurance. I paid minimal copays and for the psychological evaluation. And any additional outside treatment. Acupuncture and vitamins/supplements.
Critical medication was not ordered. I was not called the day after my first retrieval with my fertilization results. I had to call them.
Melville
He [Dr. Kreiner] always knew my case inside and out... The only downside was that I had asked him to do a uterine biopsy and he said there was no need. Then later after getting pregnant naturally with my ectopic I found out that there was an infection that could’ve been cleared up easily had he done the biopsy... The dr doesn’t truly listen. He just think he knows what’s best even after a failed cycle with perfect embryos he still just repeats the same protocol. That was very upsetting to me and my husband and was a devastatingly sad time for us
[Nursing Staff at Long Island IVF were] Very kind and compassionate... [Cost Of Treatment] 9600$... The dr doesn’t truly listen. He just think he knows what’s best even after a failed cycle with perfect embryos he still just repeats the same protocol. That was very upsetting to me and my husband and was a devastatingly sad time for us... I had asked him to do a uterine biopsy and he said there was no need. Then later after getting pregnant naturally with my ectopic
Advocate for yourself. You know your body
He always knew my case inside and out
Don’t really remember
Very kind and compassionate
9600$
We didn’t do that

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Pena always takes the time to answer any question that you have timely and is very responsive...He explained to me once when asked if I should transfer two embryos for the next round (after my first two single embryo transfers failed) that his goal was to have a healthy pregnancy for me, not to just get pregnant. Considering my age at the time was less than 35, transferring a single embryo would be a better option.
the nurses that I worked with [at RMA Long Island IVF], Jessica and Alexis, always took the time to explain the exact steps that I needed to take and the amount of dosage each day. This really made the process less overwhelming for me...Morning monitoring hours were run very efficiently. I was able to go to their office that was closest to my home/work...The receptionists and admin team that I worked with were always responsive and helpful with any scheduling or billing questions that I had. At times there were long wait times, mostly when I set up my first consultation and initial scans
My husband and I met Dr. Pena when we decided to pursue IVF after being diagnosed with a chromosome translocation. We met with him during our first consultation to discuss the options related to chromosome translocations. I had several procedures done with him including an egg retrieval, three transfers, and an ERA test. Through each procedure, Dr. Pena always explained the steps of each procedure and what I could expect. He was always honest with us in the results that we could expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Pena and we are glad we chose RMA Long Island IVF.
Ask a lot of questions during your fertility treatment if you have them, as Dr. Pena always takes the time to answer any question that you have timely and is very responsive.
Throughout my time here as a patient, Dr. Pena, the nurses, and the administrative staff, have been nothing but professional, kind, and welcoming. They always kept positive and provided encouragement through the ups and downs. They truly know how to put the patient first and were so responsive with any questions that we had for them.
Successful Transfer: 1.5 cc's progesterone in oil Estradiol taken 3x a day Endometrin taken 3x a day starting day after transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jessica and Alexis)
Fertility treatment and the number of medications and dosages that you need to take can be complicated. However, the nurses that I worked with, Jessica and Alexis, always took the time to explain the exact steps that I needed to take and the amount of dosage each day. This really made the process less overwhelming for me. If I had a question and called the office, I always received a call or an email back timely. After receiving bloodwork during morning monitoring hours, I always received a call with my results that afternoon on the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
RMA Long Island IVF has multiple offices on Long Island that you can go to. For example Dr. Pena's main office was East Patchogue. However, I often went to the West Islip or Melville offices for monitoring as they were closer to where I lived. Morning monitoring was always quick and efficient and I never waited long to be seen. The receptionists and admin team that I worked with were always responsive and helpful with any scheduling or billing questions that I had. At times there were long wait times, mostly when I set up my first consultation and initial scans prior to my egg retrieval but they always went in order of when the patient arrived. Facilities were clean and safe even during COVID 19. I never felt at risk of contracting COVID 19 while attending their facilities.
Morning monitoring hours were run very efficiently. I was able to go to their office that was closest to my home/work which made it very accomodating. I never waited long to be seen and patients were called in the order they arrived. During COVID, appointment times were given to handle capacity issues. I was very happy with morning monitoring appointments.
My insurance covered most of my treatment costs. I found the treatment costs to be reasonable/inline with other clinics.
Describe Joseph Pena's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Dr. Pena had a strong perference transfering one embryo at a time. Age was factored into his preference. He explained to me once when asked if I should transfer two embryos for the next round (after my first two single embryo transfers failed) that his goal was to have a healthy pregnancy for me, not to just get pregnant. Considering my age at the time was less than 35, transferring a single embryo would be a better option.

Treated 2020
Dr. Pena is very easy to talk to and presents information very clearly...Because I have PCOS Dr. Pena was very careful to develop a protocol that would develop quality eggs while minimizing the risk of OHSS. He started me on a low dose of medications and adjusted my trigger shot (lupron instead of hcg) and timing of my retrieval in order to maximize our outcome while minimizing potential risk. He explained this entire rationale and we ended up with the results he planned for.
The entire staff [at RMA Long Island IVF] was wonderful. Jess and Alexis are both extremely knowledgable and so supportive during the difficult parts of IVF...The office manager, Peggy was always incredibly helpful and was always a friendly face and another source of support throughout this journey. I have never experienced medical care where I truly felt so strongly about how wonderful the entire staff was as I do here.
Dr. Pena is an exceptional physician. He is very professional and provided information in a way that easy to understand. He is always available by phone and email. There were many times I have emailed Dr. Pena and received a phone call shortly after. He never made me feel like my many questions were too much and I never ended a conversation with Dr. Pena unclear on any information. I appreciate his direct manner and ability to convey difficult information in a very matter of fact yet sensitive way. Most importantly, Dr. Pena is incredible at what he does. There were many times in our journey where it would have been easy to lose hope but I truly trusted Dr. Pena and his process. I am fortunate enough to be pregnant now and it is a direct result of the care I received from Dr. Pena.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Pena is very easy to talk to and presents information very clearly.
Dr. Pena is a wonderful physician and treats every patient like they are his top priority. I have sent many emails to Dr. Pena, to which he responded to via phone almost immediately-even while he was on vacation. He explains everything thoroughly and takes every questioned asked seriously, making the patient feel respected. Dr. Pena made the entire process feel like a partnership, always providing all of the information and medical background, while still including the patient in decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jess and Alexis )
The entire staff was wonderful. Jess and Alexis are both extremely knowledgable and so supportive during the difficult parts of IVF. They were both always available by phone or email and presented information very clearly. They were always careful to be direct, yet warm, which was much appreciated. I felt very fortunate to have such a strong team around me throughout my treatment. I always felt like I was in good hands with both nurses and I am very thankful for not only their medical care, but also for their support.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The entire clinic is a well oiled machine. The med techs are all great and become part of your journey. I need to lie down for blood work and I was never made to feel like I was inconveniencing anyone despite a busy practice. The office manager, Peggy was always incredibly helpful and was always a friendly face and another source of support throughout this journey. I have never experienced medical care where I truly felt so strongly about how wonderful the entire staff was as I do here.

Treated 2020
Dr. Pena makes you feel at ease whenever there's a fertility procedure being done, and he's very confident in his work. He always answers your questions...[he] explained to me to only transfer 1 embryo because of my age. I am very glad I listened to him because my embryo split and I am now having twins...makes me feel very comfortable with all the procedures we went through
RMA LI in Patchogue has a great staff that will help with all your needs and questions. Everyone is very personable. You feel like your not just a number, like other various clinics...You always received an email the day before for your scheduled monitoring time. It was very organized...They [nurses] explain everything to you with medications and procedures, and always answers your questions
My husband and I struggled to get pregnant for a year and a half, until we starting seeing Dr. Pena about a year ago. RMA LI in Patchogue has a great staff that will help with all your needs and questions. Dr. Pena makes you feel at ease whenever there's a fertility procedure being done, and he's very confident in his work. He always answers your questions. Dr. Pena is an excellent doctor. My husband and I are now expecting identical twins after various fertility procedures. A family friend of mine did see Dr. Pena too, and he helped her out with all her fertility issues. Extremely Highly Recommended for all!!
Keep doing what your doing to help out other women with fertility issues.
Dr. Pena makes me feel very comfortable with all the procedures we went through. He’s very understanding and personable. He makes sure you an important to him as a patient.
Dr Pena started my husband and I on an IUI Cycle because we had unexplained fertility. We started with Clomid 50mg pills and trigger shot for IUI. When the IUI didn’t work we kept trying with different medications. My health insurance covered for rounds of IUI. After the fourth IUI filled my husband and I decided to try IVF. For IVF we did two fertility shots every night for two weeks. Along with a fertility shot in the morning for one week. Once there was enough Mature follicles, We did an egg retrieval and had our mature eggs fertilized. Dr Pena did transfer one embryo. The embryo worked out and we are having identical twins. Dr. Pena checked up on me once a week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Jess and Alexis)
The nurses Jess and Alexis are wonderful! They explain everything to you with medications and procedures, and always answers your questions. The receptionists Peggy and Karen are always very welcoming and help you as much as they can too.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
RMA LI in Patchogue has a great staff that will help with all your needs and questions. Everyone is very personable. You feel like your not just a number, like other various clinics. Extremely Highly Recommended for all!!
You always received an email the day before for your scheduled monitoring time. It was very organized. When there was procedures to be done, you always knew in advanced your appointment date and time.
I paid Co-payments for each cycle of my treatment. Since I had two health insurances for IVF, I didn’t have to pay co-payments.
Dr. Pena explained to me to only transfer 1 embryo because of my age. I am very glad I listened to him because my embryo split and I am now having twins.

Treated 2020
Dr.Pena responds to email very frequently and since he doesn't always see you in the office, you can simply send an email and expect a quick response...wasn't present at the majority of monitoring process. He became much more involved after the embryo transfer...I went through my 3rd IVF cycle with Dr. Pena and we finally got a healthy embryo! We did genetic testing to make sure there were no chromosomal abnormalities and now, I can happily say that I am pregnant. Dr. Pena and all the staff at RMA have been wonderful. At 42 years old, doctors will often tell you that it’s going to be harder to get pregnant and that your chances are lower. I literally had 4 doctors before Dr. Pena and they all told me the same thing. But it’s not true. Dr. Pena never made me feel like I was “too old” or that “my chances were lower” of having a healthy embryo and getting pregnant. He is very compassionate and cares about his patients. He jokes with you and makes yo
The East Patchogue clinic [of RMA Long Island] is a little bit small. The main office is in Melville which is much bigger...The wait times can be 1 hour or so. Make sure you are on time. If you are late, you will have to wait...They [nurses] were all really on top of everything. The medications, the scheduling, communication, follow-ups, phone calls, etc. I never felt like a number with them. They knew exactly who I was and were always so kind and knowledgable.
My name is Christine and I’m 42 years old. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for 5 years. In 2019, I went through my first IVF cycle in Boston, MA with no success. In July 2020, I went through my second IVF cycle in Manhattan with no success. During both of these cycles, I was diagnosed with DCIS (breast cancer), hydrosalpinx (fallopian tube blocked), 3 large fibroids, and endometriosis in my right fallopian tube. After multiple surgeries and radiation therapy, my husband and I moved to Long Island New York and found Dr. Joseph Pena at RMA. In December 2020, I went through my 3rd IVF cycle with Dr. Pena and we finally got a healthy embryo! We did genetic testing to make sure there were no chromosomal abnormalities and now, I can happily say that I am pregnant. Dr. Pena and all the staff at RMA have been wonderful. At 42 years old, doctors will often tell you that it’s going to be harder to get pregnant and that your chances are lower. I literally had 4 doctors before Dr. Pena and they all told me the same thing. But it’s not true. Dr. Pena never made me feel like I was “too old” or that “my chances were lower” of having a healthy embryo and getting pregnant. He is very compassionate and cares about his patients. He jokes with you and makes you feel comfortable. I’m always smiling when I go into the East Patchogue office (and Melville). I know that with the combined efforts of Dr. Pena and his staff (Peggy, Karen, Jess, Alexis, Stephanie) and my willingness to truly believe that I would hold my baby in my arms, is the reason the I am pregnant today. Thank you Dr. Pena.
I definitely recommend Dr. Pena. Just be aware that because RMA Long Island is a big practice, you are not going to see him at every visit and you will most likely be communicating with the nurses a lot. Dr.Pena responds to email very frequently and since he doesn't always see you in the office, you can simply send an email and expect a quick response.
Dr. Pena wasn't present at the majority of monitoring process. He became much more involved after the embryo transfer.
I only did 1 IVF cycle with Dr. Pena. (I had 3 total with other doctors). This was a typical cycle where I took Letrozole tablets, Menour, Gonal-F and Cetrotide. The trigger shot was a bit different this time. I injected it into my belly as opposed to my buttocks. I was told that due to lower weight the trigger would work the same . That was the only thing that I did differently with Dr. Pena than with my other doctors. This time, my husband and I got a healthy embryo and I am now 7 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Alexis Rogers and Jessica Castro)
They were all really on top of everything. The medications, the scheduling, communication, follow-ups, phone calls, etc. I never felt like a number with them. They knew exactly who I was and were always so kind and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The East Patchogue clinic is a little bit small. The main office is in Melville which is much bigger. Since we are in the Covid pandemic, protocols have changed, so the amount of people in the waiting room had to be cut in half. Many people have to wait in their cars or downstairs in the lobby. The wait times can be 1 hour or so. Make sure you are on time. If you are late, you will have to wait.
The monitoring appointments are typical of any clinic. 6am-8am for the most part. The patients usually would receive appointments via text or email, but sometimes not. You just need to know when to come in.
My insurance covered my cycle, but I had deductible costs and PGS testing costs. PGS testing was approx.$2400.