Bakersfield
Thousand Oaks
77 Rolling Oaks Dr, Suite 306
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
818-946-8051
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Los Angeles Reproductive Center to a friend?
7.1

9.7

6.3

7.3

5.8

2 doctors
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Both clinical and admin staff [LARC] are lack of professionalism and basic knowledge (and it is seems that they don’t really care). Manager will never say hello or greet us. Financial once threatened to cancel our cycle (as my husband was out of the country and we said we will send the payment the next day). ...They are not tech savvy, although they both young physicians, so don’t be surprised if your blood work report are not uploaded to your chart or that the staff didn’t update your treatment protocol. ...
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
The doctor is amazing! The staff is not so much. Financial team have zero compassion and nurses are lack clinical knowledge (and patient care). They are not tech savvy, although they both young physicians, so don’t be surprised if your blood work report are not uploaded to your chart or that the staff didn’t update your treatment protocol. Luckily the doctor is on top of everything regarding her patients. I would still recommend strongly to go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
Dr Winkler is extremely personal in her approach to patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
Lack of clinical understanding and not compassionate
What specific things went wrong at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
How was your experience with Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
Dr Winkler is the most compassionate physician I met. She will always call/ email communicate in a timely manner. She is very knowledgeable and explains every steps in details and make sure to guide us to the best possible treatment plan
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
The clinic staff is not as professional as they should. But the doctor is so wonderful, trust her!
Describe the protocols Nurit Winkler used in your cycles at Los Angeles Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
First cycle - regular FSH cycle (with added menopour and antagonist) 30 eggs retrieved- 1 embryo - chemical pregnancy Second cycle - flare protocol 24 eggs retrieved- 4 embryos- chemical pregnancy
Describe Nurit Winkler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
Nurit Winkler
Los Angeles

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.

2017 - 2019
They [Los Angeles Reproductive Ctr] are accommodating, available, comforting and communicative. Any time I needed to get in, or had a problem, they made time for me. They are also so warm and friendly and were always willing to chat with me.... I love all of them! They were helpful, friendly, available any time I had questions or needed help. They were extremely supportive and truly cared about my progress.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
They are accommodating, available, comforting and communicative. Any time I needed to get in, or had a problem, they made time for me. They are also so warm and friendly and were always willing to chat with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
The entire staff is kind, compassionate and considerate. You are given individualized attention and truly cared for.
How was your experience with Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
He has been incredibly kind, considerate, available and attentive. He truly cares about you and your journey and wants the best for you. He is always accessible, including by text and will often check on you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
Trust him and the process. Know that he will present all options and be honest with you.
Describe the protocols Marc Kalan used in your cycles at Los Angeles Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr Kalan tried IUI with chlomid as well as a trigger shot. He then tried IUI with some injectables to help me save money. When not successful, he encouraged IVF, which was his favored option from the start. I simply struggled with the cost. He also conducted various tests prior to treatment to ensure there were no complications.
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Kind and available doctor and staff, professional environment and space, well coordinated and organized, weaknesses would be some vagueness around experience of doctor and success rates, also the possible outcomes of IVF ... They took a long time to send records to Different clinic, also unclear why fetus from a miscarriage couldn’t be tested, something we were really relying on for diagnostics and to understand our recurrent loss
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
Human- he is very kind and answers all of my questions, calls me himself to discuss issues as they arise, explains everything
Good and kind for the most part
How was your experience with Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
Dr Kalan is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He was thorough and patient with us and explained things well. My only concern was he was vague about the particular situation I had in terms of his experience treating this condition and typical success rates and outcomes. He also forgot one important detail about my story during one conversation (recurrent miscarriage), and I feel like he could have been more thorough about what testing I need and could have explained that better. Overall he is kind and patient and I appreciate that and seems to know his stuff for the most part. He is also very available
Try to get a better understanding of his success rates with your issue
Clomid, D&c, HSG, MRI To test for fibroids and other uterine problems
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
Pretty average and some things more affordable than other clinics
Encino

I felt that the clinic [Los Angeles Reproductive Center] was cold and no one cared. There were barely anyone at the front desk monitoring the area. It did not seem like a warm place. Overall, I did not feel comfortable there. I wanted to spend more time with the doctor but he seemed in a hurry to go. ... I feel as if the clinic had too many other important patients and I happen to step in at the wrong time.
Describe your experience with Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
The clinic seemed cold. No one was at the front desk. I had to search for assistance. I believe having staff at the counter would be very effective as I was extremely nervous going there. It was my very first time visiting a fertility doctor.
I felt like both a number and a human. In some ways, the doctor was patient and was passionate but other times, he was impatient as if he had somewhere to be.
How was your experience with Marc Kalan at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
I felt that the clinic was cold and no one cared. There were barely anyone at the front desk monitoring the area. It did not seem like a warm place. Overall, I did not feel comfortable there. I wanted to spend more time with the doctor but he seemed in a hurry to go.
Be more compassionate
I did not begin treatment with this doctor. I searched for other doctors after seeing him. I searched for over 10 doctors. Spoke to a few and met one more ferti
I believe it was around $10,000 per round.

Embryo Freezing
The Clinic [Los Angeles Repro Ctr] was in a high rise building and the view was beautiful. The office is VERY clean and comfortable. ... I absolutely loved they had more "natural" options although we decided what was best was regular IVF. I like having the option of not getting on BC and having the DR follow MY cycle instead of my cycle being manipulated to try to fit into the Doctors schedule, like other clinics.
Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
The Clinic was in a high rise building and the view was beautiful. The office is VERY clean and comfortable. The strengths of the clinic is DR. Winkler, and her staff. Everyone seemed to love their job. I absolutely loved they had more "natural" options although we decided what was best was regular IVF. I like having the option of not getting on BC and having the DR follow MY cycle instead of my cycle being manipulated to try to fit into the Doctors schedule, like other clinics.
Dr. Winkler was warm and caring. She listened to our unusual circumstance and financial situation. She listened to questions about Natural IVF to Mini IVF to regular IVF and talked them through with us in our situation. She also told me her clinic does the surgery for egg retrieval every day to follow the females cycle. She gave options financially and her professional opinion about what what process would work best for us. We couldn't be happier we found her.
How was your experience with Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center?
Dr. Winkler was warm, caring, informative, very patient with us and understanding of our desires and obstacles. She spoke with us in detail about the pro's and Con's of natural IVF, Mini IVF and regular IVF with our unique situation. In our first consultation she also recommended my partner take the genetics testing since I had already and was a carrier for 1 vulnerability. We agreed and she arranged and set it up as soon as we walked out of her office. We didn't feel like we were inconveniencing anyone and that everyone was there for just us lol. We cannot wait to continue working with Dr. Winkler.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nurit Winkler at Los Angeles Reproductive Center.
We were quotes a price and given a couple options for costs of hormones
Nurit Winkler