Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
200 New Jersey 73
Voorhees, NJ 08043
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Louis R. Manara, D.O. to a friend?

1 doctor
There are no weekend or evening appointments available. I initially joined because they are open late on some days, but I was never provided an appointment other than the initial one that was later than lunchtime. The staff [Louis R. Manara] worked with me financially since I have no coverage, and everyone was always nice and willing to jump through hoops for me.... The staff is really nice, and I felt like when people asked how I was that they were genuinely interested.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
There are no weekend or evening appointments available. I initially joined because they are open late on some days, but I was never provided an appointment other than the initial one that was later than lunchtime. The staff worked with me financially since I have no coverage, and everyone was always nice and willing to jump through hoops for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay is frank and efficient. She doesn't sugar coat or waste your time.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
I liked having only one doctor every time. If I asked a question, he would answer, and he was willing to change my treatment when I asked. A weakness would be that he never asked how I was feeling with treatment like if I was having any negative symptoms. I get that patients should be confident and speak-up, but sometimes it's difficult to know the difference between treatment symptoms and pre-existing issues like endo pain, cysts, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Educate yourself, so you know what questions to ask. Also, if you don't get why he's going down a certain route just ask, and he will explain it, so that it makes sense.
Describe the protocols Louis Manara used in your cycles at Louis R. Manara, D.O. and their degree of success.
3 rounds of clomid for luetal phase deficiency. Tweaked Clomid dose each time when not successful. Switched to injectables w/ timed relations after that. I don't have fertility coverage, so that's why we didn't do IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Copays every time. Clomid was $13/ 5 pills HcG trigger 130 if taken at office IUI was $500 or 600 w/o insurance Helped me order Gonal-F through a foreign pharmacy for $450 per pen
Describe Louis Manara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Voorhees

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O..

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
This clinic [Doctor's office of Louis R. Manaea] is awesome because it’s so personalized and you work with the same doctor and nurses all the time. Hours are a little limited due to that, but it’s worth it. I wouldn’t go anywhere else...Jen and Lindsey [nurses] were amazing. Everyone at the office was. They were generous, caring, empathetic and invested in your story. They were also a part of the retrieval and transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
This clinic is awesome because it’s so personalized and you work with the same doctor and nurses all the time. Hours are a little limited due to that, but it’s worth it. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
He cared, was invested and didn’t give up hope. He allowed us to make the decision versus telling us what to do. He also changed protocols, and didn’t keep trying the same thing.
Jen and Lindsey were amazing. Everyone at the office was. They were generous, caring, empathetic and invested in your story. They were also a part of the retrieval and transfer.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Dr. Manara was incredible. He cared and went above and beyond to answer our questions and ensure we knew what was going on. He allowed us to make the choice to go to retrieval even with so few eggs and we got our miracle because of that!
Trust him. Ask questions, be informed and make suggestions, but ultimately trust him. He knows what he’s doing.
First was high injections, gonal f, menopur and cetrotide. Responded poor. Got 4 eggs, 1 poor quality embryo that we transferred and it didn’t work. Waited 3 months and took CoQ10, DHEA and Vitamin D to help egg quality. Second was again high with pills added, and I didn’t respond, we canceled. Birth control pill to time cycle suppressed me. Third round we started naturally, primed with estrogen and androgen. We did same drugs but much lower protocol, we only got 3 eggs, but two were good and we got two embryos. Transferred both at 3 days and pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
It was always early am which worked best. The techs were great and there were only a couple so you got to know them as well. Again very personalized.
It’s hard to say bc I have good insurance. What I paid was nowhere near what he billed my insurance. For 3 rounds all the visits, labs, imaging and treatments not including meds because they were purchased there was probably around 7k. I paid an additional 4-5k for meds.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Honestly, everything [at Dr. Manara's Office] is amazing. I dont think they have any weaknesses. The front desk staff is incredible, they respond to questions timely and Dr. Manara sees you every visit...[Nurses are] AMAZING! These girls are so loving and remember you by name. We truly couldnt ask for a better clinic... When our insurance gave us an issue, Dr. Manara donated a shot of Ovidrel to us so we could still move forward with the procedure. HE cares!
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Honestly, everything is amazing. I dont think they have any weaknesses. The front desk staff is incredible, they respond to questions timely and Dr. Manara sees you every visit. What more could you ask for?
Dr. Manara handles your care from consult to conception. He has been extremely upfront with us about our journey and has in detail explained every little thing needed. When our insurance gave us an issue, Dr. Manara donated a shot of Ovidrel to us so we could still move forward with the procedure. HE cares!
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
I feel Dr. Manara TRULY cares about each patient. I have a few girls in my local support group that go to him as well and everyone says the same thing: he is compassionate and dedicated to helping us get pregnant. I would like to know our numbers without asking (sometimes he forgets to tell us) but when we ask a question he is ALWAYS willing to answer them honestly. I really trust him that he will get us to the results that we want. We appreciate everything he has done for us thus far.
GO SEE HIM! haha He handles your care from start to finish. We switched clinics because the previous one we saw a different doctor every time. Dr. Manara is a one man show and does every single procedure himself.
We have done 6 cycles total. One timed intercourse cycle - no IUI and 5 IUI's medicated with Clomid. I have PCOS and was not ovulating regularly so with the help of Clomid I have been regularly ovulating each month. I think Dr. Manara's diagnosis and treatment were spot on.
Costly - but only because we did not have the fertility benefit in our health coverage. The doctors office DID help us whenever we needed it, and we appreciated that greatly.
Voorhees

Hours were not good. They [Louis Manara] open at 7:30...No weekend hours either....I never knew until the last minute when a retrieval or transfer was going to be. The clinic was always clean and for the most part most people were somewhat friendly...[nurse] Not very kind, but did her job well. Nothing like going into an egg retrieval hearing her talk about her current pregnancy. I also delt with Jen who was super sweet and caring.
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Hours were not good. They open at 7:30 where other offices open earlier. No weekend hours either. Not always accommodating with appointments even though I had been a patient for over a year. I never knew until the last minute when a retrieval or transfer was going to be. The clinic was always clean and for the most part most people were somewhat friendly.
Dr. Manara does see you at each appointment but he does not do the ultrasounds. Meeting with him after an ultra sound just adds to the time I was missing work for appointments. He called me himself, two times over a span of more than a year. There were often times the person at the front desk would call with bad news instead of one of the IVF nurses or Dr. Manara.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Having had been treated with clomid, two ius, and three ivf egg retrievals I should have walked out of his office with a baby. I had been pregnant on my own so I knew it was possible. He never told me to take supplements or showed me ways that I could improve my fertility on my own. My first retrieval the drug he gave me for trigger had a negative effect on me and none of my eggs were good. It was a complete waste. I should have left then, but was naive and knew my insurance would cover me for three more rounds. Second time, I got more eggs but due to a potential snow storm he had me do a fresh transfer and I was able to freeze one. Both of the transfers ended in BNF. Third retrieval was the best for me, I was able to freeze four. All three transfers were BNF and I had to beg him to allow me to transfer two embryos for the final transfer. I was totally aware of the risk of carrying twins and he finally gave me the okay. Every transfer he used the same exact protocol. Something should have changed at some point but it never did.
If you don’t get results, start asking questions and if you feel like you are getting lip service find a new doctor.
He monitored me every other day for IVF. Each Ivf cycle be used the same drugs and they were never adjusted during stims. I was also diagnosed with a thyroid issue and that was not tested unless I asked for it to be. After each retrieval he has me take medication Incase I had to do a fresh transfer. When I did the frozen transfer each time again, same protocol, estrogen and that was it until the progesterone shots.
I am very fortunate, I only had to pay my $10 co-pay for appointments and most medication. I had to pay $400 for anesthia for retrievals. There was also a fee for freezing and storage but it was prorated if the embryos weren’t frozen for a year and I received money back.
Based on my age he felt I should only ever transfer one, however after none of the transfers working, on my last transfer I wanted to do two because I could not take the heartbreak anymore.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
We should have had a semen analysis [at Louis R. Manara, D.O.] earlier in the process...It's a smaller practice so the staff knows everyone by name. You see all the same people at every visit... I also wish I knew all the steps to retrieval ahead of time, like when I'd be taking each medicine and what they all do. Some meds were delivered to me and I had no idea what they were
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Kelly at the front desk is the best. She always makes you feel welcome. It's a smaller practice so the staff knows everyone by name. You see all the same people at every visit.
His staff seems to know everyone by name. I see Dr. Manara at every visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Lindsey )
Jen is the best, very warm and answers all your questions. Lindsey is a bit more short with information.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
He is warm and compassionate. I see him at every visit and he takes the time to answer all your questions. I do sometimes feel like he's ready to walk out when I still have questions because he's very busy. However, after my failed transfer he spoke to me on the phone for 10 mins discussing options. I also wish I knew all the steps to retrieval ahead of time, like when I'd be taking each medicine and what they all do. Some meds were delivered to me and I had no idea what they were.
Make sure your male partner gets a semen analysis right away.
Follistim & Menopur, followed by ganirelix. Since my estrogen was high, we triggered with Lupron to avoid OHSS. Use estrace to prepare lining for FET, then PIO Injections.
$30 Co-pay
He believes is transferring one at a time. I agree with that for the first couple tries, but would then move to 2.
Voorhees

Billing [at Louis R. Manara] was a mess. Nurses often failed to give me proper medication instructions and I only knew to ask because I had been through treatments before. Often given incorrect information or told "I don't know" with no attempt to get the answer...Procedure was ordered then blown off then I was charged for it....I felt like the nurses were not allowed to answer any questions as I was regularly told they would need to ask the doctor on very basic questions. I was given an injectable that hit a nerve in my back and was told it was unavoidable. They had issues drawing my blood.
Not at all a personal experience. Very hands off, uninvolved and unconcerned. Very rushed appointments - doctor did not perform ultrasounds himself but met with you for 2 minutes after before he rushed off.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Impersonal. Convincing during the consult but my experience turned out to be very different. Did not perform baselines before starting a new cycle which landed me in the ER for a night with a large ovarian cyst. I had called him with concerns about my pain a week prior and many hours later a nurse returned my call and said he wasn't concerned and that was all - blew me off entirely.
If you have not been through fertility treatments and don't know the processes and what to expect, be cautious. Ask questions. There are better places in the area. Consider that there is only one doctor in the entire practice with however many patients - that affects quality of care.

2011 - 2014
The staff [at Louis Manara's clinic] was extremely friendly, I felt like I got to know them...I never had any bad experiences, they were great. clean office. professional staff. competent doctor...I couldn't be more happy. Extremely friendly and professional staff. Dr Manera made me feel comfortable and was gentle and compassionate in his demeanor. Wait times were pretty short. Procedures were explained well. I hope to go back again soon!
2011 - 2014
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
The staff was extremely friendly, I felt like I got to know them
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
He is a wise man, take his advice for procedures. Have hope and dont give up!
Hmm....maybe 10k? we were lucky enough to have insurance coverage

2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Manara truly cared about my results and he told me over and over we would be successful even though it was hard to believe after so many failed attempts at another practice. Dr. Manara is one of a kind in his field and I can't say enough positive things about my time see his care...Everyone at the office knew me by name and I truly felt like a part of their family. It's the only doctor's office that ever made me feel like I was important.
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
All of the nurses knew my name and were so friendly.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Trust Dr. Manara! He knows his stuff.
Co-pay