Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
9040 Jackson Ave
Tacoma, WA 98431
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Madigan Army Medical Center to a friend?

7.2

1 doctor
My amh came back elevated, yet he [Dr. Gregory Chow] did not mention it. I did the research myself and at the next appointment I brought up how I had read the elevated amh and the ultrasound to me seemed like PCOS even though he had said we had unexplained infertility. I don't feel that I was really heard or paid attention to...I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be.
Advocate for yourself if you are coming to this clinic [Madigan Army Medical Center] in general...I felt that when I was seen by Dr. Chow as well as other staff at this clinic that I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be...I was given letrozole at the lowest dose days 3-7, followed by an ovidrel shot and IuI...this is the only treatment we were able to try at this clinic.
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
I had an ultrasound at my first appointment in which it was pointed out that i had "a lot of follicles" which was pointed out as a good thing. My amh came back elevated, yet he did not mention it. I did the research myself and at the next appointment I brought up how I had read the elevated amh and the ultrasound to me seemed like PCOS even though he had said we had unexplained infertility. I don't feel that I was really heard or paid attention to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Advocate for yourself if you are coming to this clinic in general. As a military spouse, I have seen first hand how sometimes the level of care in a military facility is not always great. I felt that when I was seen by Dr. Chow as well as other staff at this clinic that I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
At this clinic in general, you seem to see different people every time. No one really reads up on your history from past appointments that thoroughly. I felt like having too many people involved made everything less effective.
Describe the protocols Gregory Chow used in your cycles at Madigan Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I was given letrozole at the lowest dose days 3-7, followed by an ovidrel shot and IuI. Before moving away, this is the only treatment we were able to try at this clinic. I only produced one decent follicle and was told my lining looked good, yet it did not work.
The nurses mostly just came in to observe as it was required when there is all male doctors. I didn't have any real conversations with the nurses, as any blood draws were done in a lab at another part of the hospital.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
The one strength this clinic has is their front desk manager Mike. He always makes people laugh and feel better in the waiting room. He is the one ray of sunshine in that clinic, as everyone else had rather serious personalities. A huge downfall I feel is the location. This clinic is directly next to the maternity / OB so from the waiting room you can see the pregnant moms coming in and out. It is extremely difficult to sit there while you're struggling, and consistently see into the room you wish so badly to be in. I also feel this clinic needs to not have a different doctor at every appointment. It makes it really hard to connect and feel like someone really knows what is going on with you, when it is someone new each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center.
One blessing was that we did not have to pay for service here. Even the IUI was free which with it not working, I am glad we did not have to pay.
Describe Gregory Chow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madigan Army Medical Center.
What specific things went wrong at Madigan Army Medical Center?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center.

PCOS, Other
They really seem to care about me. We seen a few residents under her [Dr. Jamie Massie] care and they took the time to come up with a plan just for us... Right now my medicated cycle has been delayed/cancelled due to my prolactin levels being almost double. Dr felt it was smarter to fix that as sometimes that actually can help to fix my ovulation issues on their own. We will try that this cycle, if no change or pregnancy occurs then iui or medicated cycle next month
Strengths would be they [Madigan Army Medical Center] are very knowledgeable. And clean, nice and welcoming. Weakness hard to get into within my cycle dates, hard to see the same doctor. They never answer their phone, email only response.... We love all the doctors at this clinic. All doctors are very good at explaining what things are and plans of action. Very caring doctors, always with a smile on their face. Very good at showing results and why things are certain ways. I once felt very insecure about going in for my first abdominal ultrasound, but the dr and resident were very welcoming and went slow and it made it less stressful.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Jamie Massie at Madigan Army Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jamie Massie at Madigan Army Medical Center?
You can trust this clinic!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jamie Massie at Madigan Army Medical Center?
They really seem to care about me. We seen a few residents under her care and they took the time to come up with a plan just for us
Describe the protocols Jamie Massie used in your cycles at Madigan Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
All resident doctors have been amazing. The nurses have been very short and make you repeat information several times.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
Strengths would be they are very knowledgeable. And clean, nice and welcoming. Weakness hard to get into within my cycle dates, hard to see the same doctor. They never answer their phone, email only response.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jamie Massie at Madigan Army Medical Center.
I have had no costs so far as all have been covered by tricare
Describe Jamie Massie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madigan Army Medical Center.
We have not approached this yet, so no issues
Jamie Massie
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jamie Massie at Madigan Army Medical Center.

I love Dr.Chow. He creates a plan tailored to you as a patient. He carefully looks over past history and goes from there. When talking to him I don’t feel as though he is “sugar-coating” things. But he does make sure you understand.... Dr.Chow makes sure to explain everything in a way that you will understand. He also makes sure to answer any and all questions that you have.
Even though if is very tough to get a appointment with the clinic [Madigan Army Medical] you will not be disappointed. Everyone there is so nice and helpful. They will do anything that is needed for you. Even if you just have simple questions. They really do care about their patients....The nursing staff are always smiling when they greet you for your appointments. The answer any questions that you may have for them. Also when communicating on the patient portal they are quick to respond.
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Ask as many questions as you need too.
We have done countless ultrasounds..Going forward we are going to be starting IVF treatments. I know that Dr.Chow will be there every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
Even though if is very tough to get a appointment with the clinic you will not be disappointed. Everyone there is so nice and helpful. They will do anything that is needed for you. Even if you just have simple questions. They really do care about their patients. You will leave there feeling completed.
None

Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
[Dr. Gregory Chow is] Wonderful at his job. My IUIs with him were painless and one resulted in a positive pregnancy test, which is the desired result. I had less cramping or side effects when Dr. Chow did the procedure. He isn’t a man of many words, but that was perfect for me. He was very clear and blunt about everything we were doing.... Letrozole 5mg, since my previous lower dose didn’t work. Produced a chemical pregnancy, which is still a positive!
[Madigan Army Medical Center- Tacoma is] Great at communication. Low availability but once you’re in you won’t ever want to leave! Everyone from the front desk man, Mike, to the doctors, are all exceptional healthcare professionals. Be prepared, do your research and come in ready to get to work!... Letrozole 5mg, since my previous lower dose didn’t work. Produced a chemical pregnancy, which is still a positive!
Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Do your research beforehand and be prepared. He doesn’t mince words and will speak to you as an equal. Going in prepared will ease the process for everyone.
He took the time to speak with and explain the process to me, while still doing his job efficiently.
Wonderful. All amazing people