Madison Women's Health and Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
50 East 77th Street
212-639-9122
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Madison Women's Health and Fertility to a friend?
2 doctors
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The office [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] is not a factory like other places but you can wait a long time since she is the only provider you see. It was a little disjointed to have my egg retrieval at the NYU facility...old school and uses papercharts. She [Dr. Matera] seems disorganized at first because there are papers everywhere...she knows each and every patient’s story and takes her time to explain things and make you feel comfortable.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
The office is not a factory like other places but you can wait a long time since she is the only provider you see. It was a little disjointed to have my egg retrieval at the NYU facility but to tell you the truth it was a lot nicer than the Cornell facility. Dr Matera’s office is staffed with kind people but it is a busy place so you can be on hold but they do answer the phone unlike other places. Dr Matera is old school and uses papercharts. She seems disorganized at first because there are papers everywhere. But she knows each and every patient’s story and takes her time to explain things and make you feel comfortable. I just wish she had more than one protocol for me or that she would do a three day fresh transfer since my embryos were not making it to day 5.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Dr Matera was always very attentive, thorough and patient. She was also very empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Madison Women's Health and Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yocheved)
Jamilet the MA was new and wonderful. Very compassionate. The other staff were great as well. Yocheved, Melissa, and Marianne
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
How was your experience with Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
She was always available via cell phone. Sometimes she ran late and you had to wait but it’s because she saw every patient. She answered all my questions thoroughly and took her time with me. I changed doctors because she wanted to go to donor eggs after 3 iui and 2 failed ivf. I wanted to get a second opinion and try a new protocol. Her protocol was just to increase meds and she required pgs testing. Also the egg retrieval was done at NYU and not by her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Be prepared to wait for her for minoring appts because she does run late but she is very accessible and thorough, patient and kind. Sometimes she seems frazzled or forgetful but she always knows what she is talking about.
Describe the protocols Cristina Matera used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health and Fertility and their degree of success.
We did 3 iui with Gonal f. Did not work. We went with ivf with Gonal f and menpur. First cycle we had 6 embryos but the 2 that made it to day 5 and pgs testing came back abnormal. Second ivf we canceled mid cycle due to poor response and third cycle was just super high does of Gonal f and menpur we got 3 embryos and only 1 to pgs testing that came back abnormal. The last cycle I was up to 450 Gonal f 2x day and 150 menpur 1x day. Plus ganerilex for all three ivf because I was ovulating too early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
She was out of network for me but i had some coverage under my insurance
Describe Cristina Matera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
She was willing to transfer up to 2 pgs normal but I never had any to transfer.
Cristina Matera
Madison Women's Health and Fertility
this is a tiny office [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] so I almost never waited and was in and out within 30 minutes...friendly, customized care. But it costs money for that kind of service. However, if you;re paying out of pocket anyway, it's worth it to get the best kind of care...They are compassionate and helpful. Everything you would need in a nurse...The first pharmacy order didn't come with exact right amount of medicine. But it was a quickly fixed issue.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
It's a small private office without a wait time with friendly, customized care. But it costs money for that kind of service. However, if you;re paying out of pocket anyway, it's worth it to get the best kind of care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
I felt like a human because she thoroughly went over my history and asked several questions. She's doesn't act as a therapist by any means, but she shows she cares by hearing you out and spending time on your case.
They are compassionate and helpful. Everything you would need in a nurse.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
How was your experience with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Dr. Brown is the third RE I’ve been to in my two plus years of trying. Since the very beginning, I knew I had an attachment issue. But at 38 years old, my other RE’s just concluded that my unexplained infertility was due to my age. My first two rounds of IVF only resulted in retrieving three eggs. Only 1 embryo transfers which didn’t work. At that time, I was told it was an egg issue. And I grieved for months as I tried to find a new doctor who would pay attention to my case. Then I met Dr. Brown. Our first meeting was two hours long as she went through every moment of my journey. She’s not emotional, but shows she cares by being thorough and looking for as many answers as she can. I was petrified as I went into my third retrieval. I assumed all of our money was about go up in smoke. When I woke up from the procedure and they told me they got 11 eggs, the tears just streamed down my face. 8 were mature, 7 fertilized and 3 made it to freeze. But then Dr. Brown conducted a biopsy on my lining since I said it was an attachment issue. Turns out I have endometriosis. When I asked for this test from other doctors, I was told it wasn’t necessary. But Dr. Brown heard me. I’m now being treated for the endo and then have a transfer. I’ve had to become my own self advocate during this process, but you also need a doctor who will work with you in the way you want and need. I found that with Dr. Brown.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Be patient. It may take time and money but she will do the best job she can. Also, she doesn't take insurance so be aware of what tests you may really need to be conducted through her office.
Describe the protocols Jessica Brown used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health and Fertility and their degree of success.
She gave me a higher dose of follistim at 375 and never lowered the dosage. I think this helped produce the amount of eggs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Again this is a tiny office so I almost never waited and was in and out within 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
There is a doctor's fee for the IVF cycle and the rest of the cost is for the hospital providing the procedures.
Describe Jessica Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
She prefers one at a time but is open to the individual situation.
None, Other
It [Madison Womens] is extremely comfortable and easy, with great high touch care. You pay the price for it, but it is much more comfortable than the giant clinics I have gone to before where you are more of a number...Nurses are all lovely and super helpful. I actually LIKE going to the office and chatting with them. My only complaint is that they don't often seem buttoned up. Mixed messages, appointments, some partial info. Again, you have to really ask if you want info.
None, Other
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Dr. Moomjy is now in an independent office. It is extremely comfortable and easy, with great high touch care. You pay the price for it, but it is much more comfortable than the giant clinics I have gone to before where you are more of a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Dr. Moomjy is very kind and her office is small so I definitely felt like more of a human than other places. She is caring, but can be direct (in a way I appreciated) and can also be very rushed. She often forgot my protocol and/or had to ask me for details of my program. She is great in person and I felt valued, but there are moments that are a bit scattered.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
How was your experience with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Dr. Moomjy is very thorough and capable. She covers all the details, and she explains everything in great detail. She moves very fast and it can be a LOT to take in. She doesn't judge questions (she likes them) and she will answer anything, but she certainly is on a schedule. She has a good bedside manner, makes me feel comfortable and most of all, I really trust her. She is knowledgable, gets into the details if I want, and has not made me feel either stupidly optimistic or sadly pessimistic. Very pragmatic and caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health and Fertility?
Take careful notes, and be very cognizant of charges and fees. She is expensive. You want to be sure you are getting what you pay for. Ask questions.
Describe the protocols Maureen Moomjy used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health and Fertility and their degree of success.
We have done two IUIs and are starting an IVF cycle next assuming negative test. Dr. Moomjy had me use Letrizole for round 1, and again for round 2 with Menopur. IVF we are preparing Letrizole, Gonal F, Menopur.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Very pricey. IUI cycle with meds, service and procedure was nearly $7k
Describe Maureen Moomjy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Have not gotten there yet with her, but I have heard that she prefers single.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
This is a small practice [Madison Women's Health] that is tailored to each individual patient. They are very detail oriented and analytical. The only hesitation is that they focus so much on tough cases that I almost felt that my case was assumed simple, even though it ended up not being so straightforward...The nursing staff were very kind and easy to communicate with. Importantly, I found them to be extremely organized and they provided very clear instructions and follow up information. They did not allow anything to fall through the cracks. This was very helpful when juggling so much information
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
This is a small practice that is tailored to each individual patient. They are very detail oriented and analytical. The only hesitation is that they focus so much on tough cases that I almost felt that my case was assumed simple, even though it ended up not being so straightforward.
Dr. Moomjy is very focused but also very caring. She was supportive and encouraging but never sugar-coated.
Dr. Moomjy is very thoughtful and very knowledgeable. She is straightforward and does not sugar coat the situation. She was helpful in managing expectations but also staying optimistic. I found her to be very detailed in describing the overall process, what to expect, and even the financial aspects of IVF.
Dr Moomjy is extremely warm and caring but not appear to be at first. She is very receptive to questions and concerns but will not fish for them, so definitely speak up.
I did two rounds of IVF with Dr. Moomjy and used the same protocol (menopur/gonal f/ ganorelix) for both. Unfortunately, only one of the cycles was successful. I did not feel that i was left with a good explaination as to the difference between cycles.
Monitoring was easy and ran on time. There was a morning window and they were flexible.
There is an overall fee for the IVF monitoring. The fee for the egg retrieval was billed to NYU.
Dr Moomjy clearly explained the risks associated with multiple embryo transfer and strongly discouraged it.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I rarely had to wait when going to a doctor's appointment [at Madison Women's Health and Fertility] and they always worked around my busy work schedule. They have weekend hours as well to accommodate time-sensitive procedures. Although there were times when I had to see the other two doctors in the practice, Dr. Moomjy or Dr. Matera, I felt confident that I was in good hands and knew that they consulted with Dr. Brown about all the results of the visit.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
I rarely had to wait when going to a doctor's appointment and they always worked around my busy work schedule. They have weekend hours as well to accommodate time-sensitive procedures. Although there were times when I had to see the other two doctors in the practice, Dr. Moomjy or Dr. Matera, I felt confident that I was in good hands and knew that they consulted with Dr. Brown about all the results of the visit.
Dr. Brown spent a lot of time with me and my husband discussing my individual case (age, health issues, etc.), the different options and the next steps. She answered all our questions and provided relevant research to help guide our decisions. Furthermore, Dr. Brown answered and/or returned all my calls whenever I had a question or concern. She even called to check on me after different procedures were done.
After a year and a half, I got to know the nurses pretty well. They were all extremely earnest in their desire to support the fertility process. I often spoke with them regarding next steps (ie medication) and they were helpful in providing clear information. For example, one nurse spent time showing my husband how to give me progesterone shots.
Dr. Brown is extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and optimistic. Throughout my long road to becoming pregnant, she always remained hopeful as she adjusted the medication and various protocols to create the optimal conditions for a successful pregnancy. After each IVF cycle, she considered the previous protocol and adjusted as needed.
Although Dr. Brown may not appear to be overly warm, she is, in fact, a very caring doctor. After a year and a half as her patient, I grew to understand her. Her seriousness should not be confused with a lack of care or coldness but rather as a representation of her commitment to her patients. It is clear that she gives a lot of thought to each and every aspect of the fertility process. Therefore, I would suggest that any perspective patient of Dr. Brown's trust that she will provide the utmost care.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr. Moomjy's practice [Madison Womens] is for those who have gone through the cattle-call...and need a more personalized approach. Trust me, you will get this at this practice. The other doctors in the practice, Dr. Matera and Dr. Brown, are equally as amazing and whenever Dr. Moomjy was unavailable, they were there to help with anything I needed - weekends included.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr. Moomjy's office is amazing. I always felt like I was being taken extremely well care of. They do not have morning 'rush-hour' monitoring hours like they do at Cornell (the first practice we went to). Yes, you go in in the morning, but you never have to wait too long. Every ultrasound is done by appointment. Every time I had a question and called the office, I always got a prompt answer and a quick return phone call. The other doctors in the practice, Dr. Matera and Dr. Brown, are equally as amazing and whenever Dr. Moomjy was unavailable, they were there to help with anything I needed - weekends included. Dr. Moomjy's practice is for those who have gone through the cattle-call at Cornell or NYU and need a more personalized approach. Trust me, you will get this at this practice.
It is a small staff so you never feel like you are being juggled around too much, whenever I got a call from the office it was typically from the same nurse. They are all so nice and understanding. They are personable, talk you through everything, and a great group of hard-working women.
Dr. Moomjy is an amazing doctor - she cares about your story right from the start. She is intelligent, a thorough listener, and a true 'investigator'. She will do every test possible to figure out what is going on and to try to find a solution. I felt this way throughout our entire experience with the practice and we were ready to stay with her for as long as needed in order to get pregnant. She is not always the 'warmest' doctor - but is totally compassionate and understands what you are going through from the get-go. She is SMART and determined to figure out why you can't get pregnant and get you pregnant... she GETS IT.
Be patient, take notes, do everything you are told. Call whenever you have a question or any doubts, whatsoever. Stand up for yourself (I think it's important to do this at any doctor), if you think of something, tell her -- always tell all of your concerns, don't be scared. Again, I think this is important with any doctor, especially when going through fertility treatments. Most of all, TRUST that you are in good hands with Dr. Moomjy.
Madison Women's Health and Fertility
The nursing staff [at Madison Women's Health] was amazing. They were so incredibly kind and patient, especially when asked to repeat medication instructions for the millionth time...The clinic is small which is a big strength. It creates a warmer more compassionate clinic with very short wait times. Because it's not within a larger medical center, the doctors at this clinic do not perform your IVF retrieval or transfer, and you are sent to a larger clinic for treatment. They also do not accept insurance though they do submit the claims for you.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
With a history of two easy conceptions, a live birth, a stillbirth, and my reasonably young age at the time of treatment, it seemed like Dr. Moomjy initially saw me as nothing more than a statistic, who by all evidence, did not require fertility treatments. The first time I felt that Dr. Moomjy started to seriously consider me as an individual in need of treatment was after my second IVF transfer failed. Before that, I felt very much like a number and not a human.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were so incredibly kind and patient, especially when asked to repeat medication instructions for the millionth time.
Dr. Moomjy is skilled at explaining treatments and going over all of the treatment options. She was present at almost every appointment which made the experience of infertility treatment more bearable. I feel that I wasted many months in the beginning and later had to fight for actual treatment. At the end of the day, she gave me the baby I longed for and the result is what matters.
Be your own advocate, which will sometimes mean that you will need to be direct and fight for what you believe is right for you.
The clinic does not take insurance but submits to insurance for you. Since insurance does not always cover infertility, expect high out-of-pocket expenditures.
2014 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
The clinic is very clean and organized. Not always punctual on appointments, sometimes I have waited more than the actual procedure takes. Nurses are very friendly and explain everything thoroughly. The only downturn is that I would like to be left "resting" after embryo transfer just to have more peace of mind...They [nursing staff] are all very professional and compassionate....[Cost Of Treatment] Over $30,000.
2014 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
She is very dedicated to my case. Always answers calls and emails. Wonders how I feel and cares to give a call or email after procedures to see how im doing.
They are all very professional and compassionate.
She is very thorough and gives explanations based on data. Is honest and takes care of details. Extremely careful as a doctor when performing procedures and explains every step of everything. When she is not sure of something she always consults with experts on the area.
Have patience because she has to rule of several things before recommending what she thinks is the best treatment for you. Is very compassionate
Since I did not ovulate I was first on metformin, didn't work. Then moved on to Clomid, didn't work. Then Femara, didn't work. Then inyections and was over stimulated. She recommended IVF to prevent OHSS and multiple pregnancy. Before IVF she talked to me about another option which is selective reduction but I chose IVF instead.
Over $30,000.
She has always recommended single embryo transfer because of my age and health.
Madison Women's Health and Fertility
Clinic [Madison Women's] was clean, organized and well run. They submitted all the insurance forms which was a relief since you are trying to concentrate on other priorities.... Nurses were quick and efficient. They followed up after every test with detailed instructions. You never felt stupid for asking a question.... Approximately $15k per cycle... Dr Moomjy carefully analyzed results from every test and customized each treatment accordingly. She was knowledgeable and experienced with the latest procedures and research. During a difficult time, she provided hope and honesty.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
Clinic was clean, organized and well run. They submitted all the insurance forms which was a relief since you are trying to concentrate on other priorities.
Dr Moomjy provided personal attention and customized care for each patient. She was very scientific and factual in a sensitive manner which is important during a difficult time when trying to conceive.
Every patient is different
Vitamin regimen Patches Pemetrium Menopur Follistim Estrogen oil
Approximately $15k per cycle
Dr Moomjy felt multiple embryo transfer at my age was too high risk
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
This facility [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] was exactly what I wanted. They're a small operation and treat each patient with individualized care and attention to detail. Everything they did seemed to take my needs into consideration. Cannot recommend highly enough...[The nurses] were great. Truly great....It's small and you pay out of pocket. But you 100% get what you pay for.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health and Fertility.
It's small and you pay out of pocket. But you 100% get what you pay for.
This facility was exactly what I wanted. They're a small operation and treat each patient with individualized care and attention to detail. Everything they did seemed to take my needs into consideration. Cannot recommend highly enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Madison Women's Health and Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Noelia)
They were great. Truly great.
She's so smart! And thorough. She's a scientist and also a doctor. I love that she has the technical knowledge and the great bedside manner.
Don't worry about the cost. It's worth it.
microdose lupron, birth control pills, baby aspirin, extra folic acid, menapur, gonal-f
Great. Never had to wait more than 15min.
Pay out of pocket but they help you apply for out of network benefits.
Madison Women's Health and Fertility
Compassionate, communicative and organized -- the staff [at Madison Womens] runs like a well oiled machine...[Dr. Moomjy] is very conservative in her approach and will thoroughly explain her reasoning/each step along the way.
Individualized, thorough and compassionate care
Compassionate, communicative and organized -- the staff runs like a well oiled machine
Exceptional in every way.
She is very conservative in her approach and will thoroughly explain her reasoning/each step along the way.