50 East 77th Street
212-639-9122

Treated 2017 - 2018
Sometimes she [Dr. Matera] ran late and you had to wait but it’s because she saw every patient. She answered all my questions thoroughly and took her time with me. I changed doctors because she wanted to go to donor eggs after 3 iui and 2 failed ivf...Her protocol was just to increase meds and she required pgs testing. Also the egg retrieval was done at NYU and not by her...Be prepared to wait for her
The office [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] is not a factory like other places but you can wait a long time since she is the only provider you see. It was a little disjointed to have my egg retrieval at the NYU facility...old school and uses papercharts. She [Dr. Matera] seems disorganized at first because there are papers everywhere...she knows each and every patient’s story and takes her time to explain things and make you feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
She was always available via cell phone. Sometimes she ran late and you had to wait but it’s because she saw every patient. She answered all my questions thoroughly and took her time with me. I changed doctors because she wanted to go to donor eggs after 3 iui and 2 failed ivf. I wanted to get a second opinion and try a new protocol. Her protocol was just to increase meds and she required pgs testing. Also the egg retrieval was done at NYU and not by her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Be prepared to wait for her for minoring appts because she does run late but she is very accessible and thorough, patient and kind. Sometimes she seems frazzled or forgetful but she always knows what she is talking about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Dr Matera was always very attentive, thorough and patient. She was also very empathetic.
Describe the protocols Cristina Matera used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health &Fertility and their degree of success.
We did 3 iui with Gonal f. Did not work. We went with ivf with Gonal f and menpur. First cycle we had 6 embryos but the 2 that made it to day 5 and pgs testing came back abnormal. Second ivf we canceled mid cycle due to poor response and third cycle was just super high does of Gonal f and menpur we got 3 embryos and only 1 to pgs testing that came back abnormal. The last cycle I was up to 450 Gonal f 2x day and 150 menpur 1x day. Plus ganerilex for all three ivf because I was ovulating too early.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Madison Women's Health &Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yocheved)
Jamilet the MA was new and wonderful. Very compassionate. The other staff were great as well. Yocheved, Melissa, and Marianne
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
The office is not a factory like other places but you can wait a long time since she is the only provider you see. It was a little disjointed to have my egg retrieval at the NYU facility but to tell you the truth it was a lot nicer than the Cornell facility. Dr Matera’s office is staffed with kind people but it is a busy place so you can be on hold but they do answer the phone unlike other places. Dr Matera is old school and uses papercharts. She seems disorganized at first because there are papers everywhere. But she knows each and every patient’s story and takes her time to explain things and make you feel comfortable. I just wish she had more than one protocol for me or that she would do a three day fresh transfer since my embryos were not making it to day 5.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristina Matera at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
She was out of network for me but i had some coverage under my insurance
Describe Cristina Matera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
She was willing to transfer up to 2 pgs normal but I never had any to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
It was a challenge to get my paperwork from Dr Matera for my second opinion.
Cristina Matera
Madison Women's Health &Fertility
Dr. Moomjy is very kind and her office is small so I definitely felt like more of a human than other places. She is caring, but can be direct (in a way I appreciated) and can also be very rushed. She often forgot my protocol and/or had to ask me for details of my program. She is great in person and I felt valued, but there are moments that are a bit scattered...Dr. Moomjy is very thorough and capable. She covers all the details,
It [Madison Womens] is extremely comfortable and easy, with great high touch care. You pay the price for it, but it is much more comfortable than the giant clinics I have gone to before where you are more of a number...Nurses are all lovely and super helpful. I actually LIKE going to the office and chatting with them. My only complaint is that they don't often seem buttoned up. Mixed messages, appointments, some partial info. Again, you have to really ask if you want info.
How was your experience with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Dr. Moomjy is very thorough and capable. She covers all the details, and she explains everything in great detail. She moves very fast and it can be a LOT to take in. She doesn't judge questions (she likes them) and she will answer anything, but she certainly is on a schedule. She has a good bedside manner, makes me feel comfortable and most of all, I really trust her. She is knowledgable, gets into the details if I want, and has not made me feel either stupidly optimistic or sadly pessimistic. Very pragmatic and caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Take careful notes, and be very cognizant of charges and fees. She is expensive. You want to be sure you are getting what you pay for. Ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Describe the protocols Maureen Moomjy used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health &Fertility and their degree of success.
We have done two IUIs and are starting an IVF cycle next assuming negative test. Dr. Moomjy had me use Letrizole for round 1, and again for round 2 with Menopur. IVF we are preparing Letrizole, Gonal F, Menopur.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Dr. Moomjy is now in an independent office. It is extremely comfortable and easy, with great high touch care. You pay the price for it, but it is much more comfortable than the giant clinics I have gone to before where you are more of a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Very pricey. IUI cycle with meds, service and procedure was nearly $7k
Describe Maureen Moomjy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Have not gotten there yet with her, but I have heard that she prefers single.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Nothing has gone wrong, just very small details sometimes lost.
Maureen Moomjy