50 East 77th Street
212-639-9122

She [Dr. Brown] gave me a higher dose of follistim at 375 and never lowered the dosage. I think this helped produce the amount of eggs...She prefers one [embryo] at a time but is open to the individual situation...I felt like a human because she thoroughly went over my history and asked several questions. She's doesn't act as a therapist by any means, but she shows she cares by hearing you out and spending time on your case.
this is a tiny office [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] so I almost never waited and was in and out within 30 minutes...friendly, customized care. But it costs money for that kind of service. However, if you;re paying out of pocket anyway, it's worth it to get the best kind of care...They are compassionate and helpful. Everything you would need in a nurse...The first pharmacy order didn't come with exact right amount of medicine. But it was a quickly fixed issue.
How was your experience with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Dr. Brown is the third RE I’ve been to in my two plus years of trying. Since the very beginning, I knew I had an attachment issue. But at 38 years old, my other RE’s just concluded that my unexplained infertility was due to my age. My first two rounds of IVF only resulted in retrieving three eggs. Only 1 embryo transfers which didn’t work. At that time, I was told it was an egg issue. And I grieved for months as I tried to find a new doctor who would pay attention to my case. Then I met Dr. Brown. Our first meeting was two hours long as she went through every moment of my journey. She’s not emotional, but shows she cares by being thorough and looking for as many answers as she can. I was petrified as I went into my third retrieval. I assumed all of our money was about go up in smoke. When I woke up from the procedure and they told me they got 11 eggs, the tears just streamed down my face. 8 were mature, 7 fertilized and 3 made it to freeze. But then Dr. Brown conducted a biopsy on my lining since I said it was an attachment issue. Turns out I have endometriosis. When I asked for this test from other doctors, I was told it wasn’t necessary. But Dr. Brown heard me. I’m now being treated for the endo and then have a transfer. I’ve had to become my own self advocate during this process, but you also need a doctor who will work with you in the way you want and need. I found that with Dr. Brown.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Be patient. It may take time and money but she will do the best job she can. Also, she doesn't take insurance so be aware of what tests you may really need to be conducted through her office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jessica Brown used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health &Fertility and their degree of success.
She gave me a higher dose of follistim at 375 and never lowered the dosage. I think this helped produce the amount of eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
They are compassionate and helpful. Everything you would need in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
It's a small private office without a wait time with friendly, customized care. But it costs money for that kind of service. However, if you;re paying out of pocket anyway, it's worth it to get the best kind of care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Again this is a tiny office so I almost never waited and was in and out within 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Brown at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
There is a doctor's fee for the IVF cycle and the rest of the cost is for the hospital providing the procedures.
Describe Jessica Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
She prefers one at a time but is open to the individual situation.
What specific things went wrong at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Brown spent a lot of time with me and my husband discussing my individual case (age, health issues, etc.), the different options and the next steps. She answered all our questions and provided relevant research to help guide our decisions. Furthermore, Dr. Brown answered and/or returned all my calls whenever I had a question or concern. She even called to check on me after different procedures were done.
I rarely had to wait when going to a doctor's appointment [at Madison Women's Health and Fertility] and they always worked around my busy work schedule. They have weekend hours as well to accommodate time-sensitive procedures. Although there were times when I had to see the other two doctors in the practice, Dr. Moomjy or Dr. Matera, I felt confident that I was in good hands and knew that they consulted with Dr. Brown about all the results of the visit.
Dr. Brown is extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and optimistic. Throughout my long road to becoming pregnant, she always remained hopeful as she adjusted the medication and various protocols to create the optimal conditions for a successful pregnancy. After each IVF cycle, she considered the previous protocol and adjusted as needed.
Although Dr. Brown may not appear to be overly warm, she is, in fact, a very caring doctor. After a year and a half as her patient, I grew to understand her. Her seriousness should not be confused with a lack of care or coldness but rather as a representation of her commitment to her patients. It is clear that she gives a lot of thought to each and every aspect of the fertility process. Therefore, I would suggest that any perspective patient of Dr. Brown's trust that she will provide the utmost care.
After a year and a half, I got to know the nurses pretty well. They were all extremely earnest in their desire to support the fertility process. I often spoke with them regarding next steps (ie medication) and they were helpful in providing clear information. For example, one nurse spent time showing my husband how to give me progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
I rarely had to wait when going to a doctor's appointment and they always worked around my busy work schedule. They have weekend hours as well to accommodate time-sensitive procedures. Although there were times when I had to see the other two doctors in the practice, Dr. Moomjy or Dr. Matera, I felt confident that I was in good hands and knew that they consulted with Dr. Brown about all the results of the visit.

Treated 2015
She [Dr. Moomjy] is intelligent, a thorough listener, and a true 'investigator'. She will do every test possible to figure out what is going on and to try to find a solution.
Dr. Moomjy's practice [Madison Womens] is for those who have gone through the cattle-call...and need a more personalized approach. Trust me, you will get this at this practice. The other doctors in the practice, Dr. Matera and Dr. Brown, are equally as amazing and whenever Dr. Moomjy was unavailable, they were there to help with anything I needed - weekends included.
How was your experience with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Dr. Moomjy is an amazing doctor - she cares about your story right from the start. She is intelligent, a thorough listener, and a true 'investigator'. She will do every test possible to figure out what is going on and to try to find a solution. I felt this way throughout our entire experience with the practice and we were ready to stay with her for as long as needed in order to get pregnant. She is not always the 'warmest' doctor - but is totally compassionate and understands what you are going through from the get-go. She is SMART and determined to figure out why you can't get pregnant and get you pregnant... she GETS IT.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Be patient, take notes, do everything you are told. Call whenever you have a question or any doubts, whatsoever. Stand up for yourself (I think it's important to do this at any doctor), if you think of something, tell her -- always tell all of your concerns, don't be scared. Again, I think this is important with any doctor, especially when going through fertility treatments. Most of all, TRUST that you are in good hands with Dr. Moomjy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility?
Dr. Moomjy's office is amazing. I always felt like I was being taken extremely well care of. They do not have morning 'rush-hour' monitoring hours like they do at Cornell (the first practice we went to). Yes, you go in in the morning, but you never have to wait too long. Every ultrasound is done by appointment. Every time I had a question and called the office, I always got a prompt answer and a quick return phone call. The other doctors in the practice, Dr. Matera and Dr. Brown, are equally as amazing and whenever Dr. Moomjy was unavailable, they were there to help with anything I needed - weekends included. Dr. Moomjy's practice is for those who have gone through the cattle-call at Cornell or NYU and need a more personalized approach. Trust me, you will get this at this practice.
It is a small staff so you never feel like you are being juggled around too much, whenever I got a call from the office it was typically from the same nurse. They are all so nice and understanding. They are personable, talk you through everything, and a great group of hard-working women.
Treated 2014 - 2018
She [Dr. Brown] is very thorough and gives explanations based on data. Is honest and takes care of details. Extremely careful as a doctor when performing procedures and explains every step of everything. When she is not sure of something she always consults with experts on the area....She is very dedicated to my case. Always answers calls and emails. Wonders how I feel and cares to give a call or email after procedures to see how im doing.
The clinic is very clean and organized. Not always punctual on appointments, sometimes I have waited more than the actual procedure takes. Nurses are very friendly and explain everything thoroughly. The only downturn is that I would like to be left "resting" after embryo transfer just to have more peace of mind...They [nursing staff] are all very professional and compassionate....[Cost Of Treatment] Over $30,000.
She is very thorough and gives explanations based on data. Is honest and takes care of details. Extremely careful as a doctor when performing procedures and explains every step of everything. When she is not sure of something she always consults with experts on the area.
Have patience because she has to rule of several things before recommending what she thinks is the best treatment for you. Is very compassionate
Since I did not ovulate I was first on metformin, didn't work. Then moved on to Clomid, didn't work. Then Femara, didn't work. Then inyections and was over stimulated. She recommended IVF to prevent OHSS and multiple pregnancy. Before IVF she talked to me about another option which is selective reduction but I chose IVF instead.
They are all very professional and compassionate.
Over $30,000.
She has always recommended single embryo transfer because of my age and health.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Moomjy provided personal attention and customized care for each patient. She was very scientific and factual in a sensitive manner which is important during a difficult time when trying to conceive.... Dr Moomjy carefully analyzed results from every test and customized each treatment accordingly. She was knowledgeable and experienced with the latest procedures and research. During a difficult time, she provided hope and honesty
Clinic [Madison Women's] was clean, organized and well run. They submitted all the insurance forms which was a relief since you are trying to concentrate on other priorities.... Nurses were quick and efficient. They followed up after every test with detailed instructions. You never felt stupid for asking a question.... Approximately $15k per cycle... Dr Moomjy carefully analyzed results from every test and customized each treatment accordingly. She was knowledgeable and experienced with the latest procedures and research. During a difficult time, she provided hope and honesty.
Every patient is different
Describe the protocols Maureen Moomjy used in your cycles at Madison Women's Health &Fertility and their degree of success.
Vitamin regimen Patches Pemetrium Menopur Follistim Estrogen oil
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Clinic was clean, organized and well run. They submitted all the insurance forms which was a relief since you are trying to concentrate on other priorities.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maureen Moomjy at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Approximately $15k per cycle
Describe Maureen Moomjy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
Dr Moomjy felt multiple embryo transfer at my age was too high risk
Treated 2015
She's [Dr. Maureen Moomy] so smart! And thorough. She's a scientist and also a doctor. I love that she has the technical knowledge and the great bedside manner...This facility was exactly what I wanted. They're a small operation and treat each patient with individualized care and attention to detail. Everything they did seemed to take my needs into consideration. Cannot recommend highly enough.
This facility [Madison Women's Health and Fertility] was exactly what I wanted. They're a small operation and treat each patient with individualized care and attention to detail. Everything they did seemed to take my needs into consideration. Cannot recommend highly enough...[The nurses] were great. Truly great....It's small and you pay out of pocket. But you 100% get what you pay for.
She's so smart! And thorough. She's a scientist and also a doctor. I love that she has the technical knowledge and the great bedside manner.
Don't worry about the cost. It's worth it.
microdose lupron, birth control pills, baby aspirin, extra folic acid, menapur, gonal-f
Describe your experience with your nurse at Madison Women's Health &Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Noelia)
They were great. Truly great.
Describe your experience with Madison Women's Health &Fertility.
It's small and you pay out of pocket. But you 100% get what you pay for.
Great. Never had to wait more than 15min.
Pay out of pocket but they help you apply for out of network benefits.
Treated 2014
She [Dr. Moomjy] is very conservative in her approach and will thoroughly explain her reasoning/each step along the way...Exceptional in every way.
Compassionate, communicative and organized -- the staff [at Madison Womens] runs like a well oiled machine...[Dr. Moomjy] is very conservative in her approach and will thoroughly explain her reasoning/each step along the way.
Exceptional in every way.
She is very conservative in her approach and will thoroughly explain her reasoning/each step along the way.
Individualized, thorough and compassionate care
Compassionate, communicative and organized -- the staff runs like a well oiled machine