Genetic counseling: Offered
West Reading
301 South Seventh Ave
West Reading, PA 19611
484.258.2880
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?

Physicians [at Main Line Fertility] are often not in agreement on plan of care. Thankfully we saw Dr. Brasile primarily and were able to keep consistency...Various costs associated with meds ranging from $15-$2,000 per cycle. IVF $8,200 plus the cost of medications. FET $3500 plus the cost of medications. PGS testing approximately $3500...Strengths -convenient locations in the PHL area -90% of nurses and ultrasound techs are wonderful and make your experience so much better -very clean environment Weakness - they do not offer a bundle for IVF payment and after multiple rounds it is VERY expensive
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Brasile is very compassionate and always took the time to make my husband and I feel like we were getting her best care.
IVF nursing staff in Bryn Mawr is amazing! I can say enough about how great they are. Nurses at Paoli and West Chester are also wonderful. One of our nurses was an angel throughout our journey. Very grateful for all these women.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Brasile started treating my husband and I over a year ago. We have done medical treatment x3 , IUI x3, IVF x2, and FET x5. Throughout our process she has always been honest but more importantly she was compassionate and kind. Throughout our struggles there have been lots of ups and downs. We appreciated all she has done for us and couldn't have chosen a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
You're in great hands!
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
1. First cycle I was on clomid. Ovulated 3 eggs. Was told when I was ovulating via ultrasound and bloodwoork. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 2. Second cycle took clomid and letrozole. Ovulated 2 eggs. Negative postcoital test. Did IUI based on ovulation monitored by bloodwork and ultrasound. Took Crinone. Negative pregnancy test. 3. This cycle took clomid and letrozole. Ovulated 1 egg based on blood work and ultrasound monitoring. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 4. Fourth cycle took injections. Clomid, Gonal f, cetrotide, and trigger shot. Ovulated approximately 5 eggs. Did IUI based on ultrasound and blood work. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 5. Took 1 month off 6. This month just took Letrozole in anticipation of possibility of IVF the following month. Monitoring of ultrasound and blood work. Ovulated 1egg. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 7. September 2017 we did IVF. Was on Gonal F, cetrotide, and low dose Hcg. We had 40 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, and 11 made it to blastocyst stage on day 5 for all freeze. Dr Brasile recommended all freeze so that my body could recover. I did not have OHS. 8. October 2017 we did FET. Was started on Estrace 2 mg/three times per day and baby aspirin. Monitored via ultrasound & bloodwork. When lining was greater than 8cm - FET was scheduled. 5 days before transfer I was placed on medrol dose pack, PIO shots, Crinone, estrace, and baby asprin. Transferred 1 blastocyst and went on 24 hour bed rest. After transfer continued on medications until negative pregnancy test. 9. November 2017 same protocol. Only change was 1 10 mg Valium prior to FET. December got BFP after 2 week wait. Continued on PIO and Crinone. Ultrasound and bloodwork weekly. At week 7 no heartbeat. Diagnosed blighted ovum. 10. Did rush PGS testing in March prior to our 3rd transfer. Transferred on PGS normal embryo with same med protocol as our prior FET. BFN after 2 week wait. No remaining embryos from 1st retrieval. 11. In June did a second IVF retrieval. Was on Gonal F, cetrotide, and low dose Hcg. Retrieved 22 eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 ended up making it to blast stage and being frozen after PGS biopsy done. PGS testing revealed 2 normal, 2 abnormal. 12. In July we did FET. Was started on Estrace 2 mg/three times per day and baby aspirin. Monitored via ultrasound & bloodwork. When lining was greater than 8cm - FET was scheduled. 5 days before transfer I was placed on medrol dose pack, PIO shots, Crinone, estrace, and baby asprin. Transferred 1 blastocyst and went on 24 hour bed rest. Added Lovenox to medication regimen every night. Continued on medications until negative pregnancy test. 13. Did an ERA cycle based on Dr. Brasile's recommendations that revealed that I was 24 hours pre-receptive. 14. In September we did the same preparation for a FET. The only change was I took 24 hours more medication prior to transfer to correct for my ERA. Took Lovenox after transfer every evening until negative pregnancy test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
Describe Deanna Brasile's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Agreed with her recommendation on single embryo transfer.
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The Bryn Mawr office [of Main Line Fertility] has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's nice that they have multiple locations, however, you should know that most of the doctors rotate between locations. I chose the clinic mostly for its location in Bryn Mawr, but then I found out that if I wanted to keep seeing my same doctor I had to travel occasionally to the West Chester and Paoli locations as well. The nurses also change locations so it's hard to get to know them. The Bryn Mawr office has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history. If you are willing to walk five minutes at the Bryn Mawr office, you can get free street parking. I wish they had electronic medical records and some sort of patient portal where we could log in and see our test results. With these huge paper files, it feels like a different decade. Also, sometimes they would forget to forward my file to the appropriate office where my appointment was on a particular day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
When he was ready to see you, he would stand at the end of the hall and shout your name (rather than looking into the waiting room and making eye contact). He made no real effort to listen to our specific concerns. Instead, he seemed to assume that he knew right away what our problem was and he recommended a cookie-cutter approach that did not seem to take any of our particulars into account. He kept using generic language like, "we'll get you pregnant," completely disregarding that our problem was repeated miscarriages and that in fact we conceived easily several times on our own. To be fair, I think he *thought* he was being personable and congenial, making chitchat, but it came off as insincere and like he was not really listening.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Strengths: He represented himself as wanting to take an "aggressive" approach (he used that word a lot), and that sounded appealing to us. I wasn't getting any younger and we just wanted to hurry up and have the kid already. Weaknesses/things that were not to my taste: As I said before, he seemed to take somewhat of a generic, impersonal approach to our case. He talked about getting me pregnant rather than getting me a live birth (my problem was/is multiple miscarriages and I felt he was not paying attention to that). He did not ask any particulars about the past miscarriages and did not seem to think that any details were relevant. He adopted a very masculine/"bro" attitude toward my husband; maybe other men like that or feel it addresses their insecurity around infertility treatments but we thought it was weird. He informed me what we were going to do (medicated cycles, combo of clomid/letrozole), rather than advising and explaining a course of treatment. The first cycle (clomid + timed intercourse) did not work. The second cycle when I came in shortly before ovulation, he informed me (rather than suggesting to me) that we were going to do an IUI. When I expressed some hesitation, saying that I'd heard success rates were not much higher than timed intercourse for people with my medical history, he retorted in a snappy tone of voice, "Fine, then don't do it." And turned away and started ignoring me. I finally agreed to the IUI but I felt like I was bullied into it. It didn't work anyway. For the first time in my life I was having trouble getting pregnant--when I had come to him not for help conceiving but with figuring out what was happening with my miscarriages. The following year, I went back to MLF for monitoring on a new pregnancy (that we conceived on our own, not with their help) and ended up seeing him a couple times during that period. First, he gave me false hope when Dr Glassner had been telling me to prepare for another loss; when it finally ended in miscarriage again he came across as cold and unsympathetic. He scheduled me for a D&C--did not ask my opinion or preference--and again started talking about "getting aggressive". I let him do the procedure but I will never go back to him after this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Stand up for yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
1st cycle--100 clomid 2nd cycle--150 clomid, 5 letrozole He was pretty dictatorial and didn't describe rationales, other than being "aggressive"--his favorite word evidently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
My insurance doesn't cover IVF but does cover other infertility procedures, medications, etc. So I just had a $35 copay with each visit
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Philadelphia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility .

2017 - 2019
13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing [at Main Line Fertility]...[The nurses are the] Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny...Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor...For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Fast, efficient, everyone treats you as family. I never feel as though I'm a number! After the first couple visits they (the front desk) knew my name! They do anything and everything to help make your experience the best possible! Nurses learned about how to get my blood within a few visits (I'm a tough stick). Ultrasound technicians are amazing. I have a tough right ovary that is hard to find, but they always are as gentle as possible and apologize for any discomfort I may be experiencing! LOVE EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is the most caring, thoughtful man, and doctor I've ever come across. I started going to him towards the end of 2017 to have a Fertility work up as a single woman. From the beginning I knew he was the right doctor for me. He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's. Dr. Glassner prescribed me Letrozole, for my first cycle. He knew I was excited and he set expectations for me saying IUI's usually don't work on the first try. He was right it failed. Went in for 4 more IUI's each time changing meds. One cycle was just Clomid. Another cycle was a combination of both maxed doses of Letrozole and Clomid. I conceived but miscarried at 17DPO. In 2019 we continued but this time skipped the oral meds and went to injectable meds. Failed in January, conceived in February but miscarried again. After this miscarriage and talking to him he knew I only had one vial of sperm left and we decided to head to IVF. I had my egg retrieval on Monday July 22nd 2019. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing. I cannot speak enough of Dr. Glassner. I know he has my best interest in mind and wants to keep me healthy during this entire time. I will forever be grateful to this man. Even though I am still awaiting my baby, I am hoping to have transfer this month August 2019, I know Michael will be able to make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality soon. Dr. Glassner if you are reading thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will forever be grateful for you!
Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny. They are there to help you also!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Please see my previous comments. The only reason Dr. Glassner didn't do all my procedures of IUI's except for one, is because I always fell on a weekend for the procedures. He did do my egg retrieval and I will, will myself for him to do my transfer when the time comes. His bedside manner is beyond impressive and always makes me laugh. I've never felt stressed or anything at any of my visits. I wish I saw him more during the IVF stage, but you can ALWAYS request to see him when you schedule your appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
You are either going to love him, LOVE HIM or hate him. Remember he is not the reason you can't get pregnant, please do not blame him. He's only there to help make YOUR dreams a reality! If these dreams don't come true immediately, remember your dreams will come true eventually, even if it takes years. HE IS YOUR ALLY, NOT YOUR ENEMY!
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Metformin, Letrozole, Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG Trigger Shot. Different levels of each. One cycle he did a maxed out dosage of a combination of Letrozole and Clomid.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor. I actually find my appointments relaxing and nonstressful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
IUI's weren't covered by insurance. ALL Monitoring was, all I had to do was pay co-pays. Paid out of pocket for the IUI's. For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could. I don't know how I will EVER be able to show him my gratitude and love that I have for him and his clinic. I HAVE NO WORDS. Speechless. He has helped me out BEYOND my expectations! Once again Dr. Glassner THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! If there is one way to show my gratitude towards you and your clinic it is by writing this review! This is the least I could do!
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
He only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol. Its healthier for mom and baby to be.
Bryn Mawr

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The center city office [Main Line Fertility] is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.... All of Dr. Gocial’s staff are amazing. Very supportive and great communicators. They go out of their way to help manage treatment and schedules.... IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The center city office is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
I switched to this clinic precisely because I was interested in a more personal approach. Both Dr. Gocial and his staff always make me feel like they are treating my condition in a personal way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb)
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Although we have still not been successful, I have been very happy with my treatment to date. Dr. Gocial always listens to my concerns with compassion and presents options to consider. I appreciate that I see him often during each cycle so I have the opportunity to ask questions when needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Advocate for yourself, but try to place some trust in the care team as well.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy. Our second cycle was another letrozole IUI. We needed to adjust dosing during this cycle to better my response. Currently we are in our third IUI cycle and combined both clomid and letrozole.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay. Medications aside from. The HCG trigger shots were also covered. Triggers cost $70 each. Each office visit was subject to my specialist copay fee of $60.
Philadelphia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Main Line Fertility has] a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year...My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: Very personable Flexible scheduling Treated as an individual, not a number Very transparent with options and prices Offers financial assistance Entire team is awesome I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on. My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
All the staff at his office , including himself have always made me feel comfortable and cares about . They are there for me during each up and down.
I can’t say enough about the nurses at Mainline Fertility . They are so caring and compassionate. They cheer with you, cry with you, make you feel special. They nursing team has planned a major role in my love for the clinic.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is one of the most caring doctors . Although the end goal is a healthy pregnancy, he always considers me and my health. He always is concerned about my mental health . I never leave a visit felling lost or confused . He gives me all the options and we decide together . I wouldn’t trust anyone else .
Be honest and open.
I started this process right before I turned 40. I was tested for all of the norms ( egg reserve, uterine polyps, tubal damage ....). My egg retrieval was almost aborted because Dr. Gocial thought that I was going to hyperstimulate. He monitored me everyday and thankfully everything went well. He suggested PGD/PGS testing and I declined . My first transfer I used one embryo. He second I used two. Both produced negative pregnancy test . At that point Dr. Gocial suggest that I get a ERA done. The rest showed that I was 2 days pre-receptive . To be sure he suggested that a second ERA be performed. The results were the same as the first . Using that data , the next cycle I took two extra days of Crinone. The cycle was a positive pregnancy test . There was a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. At 8 weeks and 5 days the heartbeat had stopped. I’m waiting for the results of the embryo biopsy . Dr. Gocial suggested that I take a break before the next cycle . During the next 4 weeks I will be taking Norethindrone to suppress any possible endometriosis that has not been detected during other testing. He believes that this will assist with any implantation issues. I will also be doing genetic testing prior to transfer the next cycle .
I’m a nurse and I work overnight . I was always told long as I was there before 10:45am. So, I would say very flexible .
I’m blessed with 100% IVF coverage . They do have a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year .
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial is very conservative in that area. I respect him for that. For my individual situation he suggest single embryo transfer. I’m 42 and wouldn’t want to tale the chance or risk of multiple births .
Bryn Mawr

The strengths [Main Line Fertility] are in the Dr.s and the monitoring team. I love them! Really love them! I somehow leave every blood and ultrasound appointment hopeful and smiling. However, the downside is as bad as the upside is good. Billing is a nightmare. To the point that they’ve stressed me out so bad with incorrect (and surprise) bills, to the tune of $18,000, that I’m considering delaying my embryo transfer. The stress is just not healthy and could diminish my odds.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strengths are in the Dr.s and the monitoring team. I love them! Really love them! I somehow leave every blood and ultrasound appointment hopeful and smiling. However, the downside is as bad as the upside is good. Billing is a nightmare. To the point that they’ve stressed me out so bad with incorrect (and surprise) bills, to the tune of $18,000, that I’m considering delaying my embryo transfer. The stress is just not healthy and could diminish my odds. All of the humanity and care is gone once money is involved. This goes for the checkout woman, cold, rude, and quick to dismiss you, right up to the billing department. Somehow after every encounter with them, they make us feel like we’re the very first people to go through IVF and the insurance process with them. It is awful! The same conversations over and over again, using cash we gave them for one thing to pay for things they were supposed to submit to insurance, and just plain impossible to deal with. The process of IVF is hard..the hardest, most emotionally and financially stressful thing most people ever have to go through..this is lost on anyone at mainline who deals with money. I will say that at the beginning of this process, i was terrified, scared to death..of needles, hormones, surgeries, all of it. I got through that part, proved my strength to myself and got past it. The billing process and people were the only thing that has sparked the slightest thought of quitting. I cried more because of their stress than any part of the actual medical process. So unless you are paying cash, or have hours upon hours upon hours to spend going between insurance companies and the mainline billing department...well, just be sure to check our more than one place’s reviews. The good and the bad. The billing department is the reason I’m looking into another clinic in NY for any future treatment if needed.
During the process, I saw Dr. Brasile for my consultations, hysteroscopies, and egg retrievals. Just the major stuff. For all of my other (MANY) appointments I only saw the monitoring/care team, which I assume is the norm. Most of the time I've had no idea who I'd be seeing, but I've loved every one of the girls more than the last, so it hasn't been a problem. Just kind of feels like a "take a number" situation in the waiting room.
The nursing staff is the best! They are friendly, kind, compassionate, hopeful, positive people! There were multiple times I went in for an appointment and was just sad or not 100%, but the ladies always made me feel better, mostly just by being the smiley bubbly wonderful humans they are. The check out lady..not so much.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr.Brasile has been wonderful. I find her to be a healthy balance of both compassion and matter-of-fact. She's obviously very confident in her position and knows what she's doing, so she can come across as hurried, but she always takes the time to answer all of my questions and make sure I know what to expect next. And when I freaked out to the point of tears and passing out from working myself up over my first hysteroscopy, she was so kind and comforting. Didn't make me feel like the mess I was, which I totally appreciated. When I came out of my first egg retrieval with only one healthy embryo, she adjusted the plan and our course of action. She recommended another round of stims and retrieval, but left it completely up to us, no pressure. We agreed, upped my meds and went at it again. We're currently waiting for our embryo transfer. All of that said, it wouldn’t be fair to leave out that I was beyond devastated when she accidentally told me the sex of the embryo.....I believe accidents happen and I don’t know who is to blame for the slip. It doesn’t really matter. Just a part of our story now.
Ask a lot of questions. If you don’t ask, she doesn’t know you’re not clear on the process or terms and she’ll keep moving. And don’t expect her to be at all, or even most, appointments.
For me, it was pretty basic protocol. We’re there because my husbands vasectomy reversal was not successful. Luckily, my fertility is only limited as much as any other 38 year old woman’s, no specific issues. So I started with menopur and gonal f in the morning and at night. A few days later we added cetrotide, and then lupron and trigger shot 48 hours before retrieval. I got 8 eggs with 5 fertilized that round. Only 1made it to blastocyte stage. Dr. Brasile recommended another round to get more eggs and have better odds, which we agreed with. She upped my doses and we got 15 eggs that round, with 2 embryos making it to blast. We opted for genetic screening, sending all 3 embryos from both rounds, and ended up with one healthy embryo waiting for transfer.
I’m not sure..billing is a mess. If we consider what we’ve paid out of pocket, what insurance has paid, and what our latest bill says we owe, we’re well over double the original estimate.
We haven’t transferred yet, and we only have 1 embryo to work with, but given a choice I would have liked to implant 2. I asked about that early on, before I knew my numbers, and was told multiple times that they would only do 1 at a time. Had I ended up with more than 1, I would have fought them on this.
Bryn Mawr

The clinic's [Main Line] strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic's strengths include a highly organized team of knowledgeable individuals who are aware of your history and plan of care. All nurses and doctors are compassionate and assist you in understanding all procedures, risks, and rationales for treatments. One weakness I would cite is simply the busy nature of the clinic, which does not allow itself to give you personal attention and quality time with each visit. Due to the business of the clinic, it is important for you to be well informed and to be an advocate for yourself and ask questions / facilitate conversations.
Main Line Fertility is a busy clinic, so sometimes personal attention each visit was difficult, but anytime I needed questions answered or explanations, I was absolutely given the attention I needed.
All of the nursing staff was compassionate, answered any questions regarding procedures, and gave me a full explanation of what to expect with each procedure / visit.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very knowledgeable and fairly blunt in his explanations. I personally appreciate the bluntness when it comes to my body, limitations, and expectations. Although blunt. it is evident Dr. Glassner cares about you as a person and helping you achieve my goals of having children is his complete focus. His humor and bedside manner was very helpful in alleviating stress and anxiety during procedures.
I would advise patients that he is blunt, but extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. In general, i would advise any patient to be a self advocate, ask questions about anything that makes you feel confused or hesitant.
Dr. Glassner suggested an IUI during my initial appointments / testing to increase my chance of conception. Since the initial did not work, he suggested Clomid for 3 cycles, increasing the dosage each time w/ IUI. All IUIs were negative. Due to the failed IUIs and my low AMH level, he suggested bypassing further injectibles and to continue w/ IVF. About to begin my initial IVF cycle.
My diagnostic testing was covered by insurance; however medications, IUIs, and IVF costs were not covered, and therefore out of pocket.
Main Line has a strict one embryo policy, and I appreciate and agree with their ethical rationale behind it.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic does a great job of working with a lot of patients and once and separating the patients based on treatment plan (eg: IVF patients have their own set of nursing staff from those seeking other fertility treatment plans.) at first, it was frustrating that I didn’t have one person to call and that knew my case, now that I’m well into my first IVF cycle, and I’ve spent more time at MLF, the office staff and nursing staff know me and remember my journey. They do a great job of easing your fears, but don’t be bashful about asking questions! Often times, if you don’t ask what’s next, the team will assume you know.
Dr. Glassner always remembers our last conversations and fertility plans despite the weeks between our meetings. We specifically sought him out after requesting a second opinion, and he remembered the details of our initial conversation, moreover after our consultation, he called the next day (unprompted) to make sure the information he provided sunk in, and to see if I had follow up questions. I was impressed by his attention and his memory of each patient case.
The nursing staff are very compassionate and patient to answer all of your questions. I was nervous at first to be without a nurse coordinator, but I made a point to really get to know the nurses so they knew me as a patient. They have been very supportive and feel like extended family during this process.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner has a very specific style for his bedside manner. He has a good balance of jokes during his visits which we like, it provides levity to a situation that often feels heavy and anxiety ridden. He also knows when to share empathy and provide hope to his patients. During our first meeting, he shared his personal stories of fertility challenges, and was able to relate to my husband and made my emotional and physical needs feel met. If you’re ok with a very direct doctor (there’s no sugar coating here) and one that can make you laugh, then he’s your guy!
Be honest and direct with your needs. If you need to see him during an appointment, say so! He’s quite busy but will ALWAYS make time for you, you just have to ask.
I was on an 11 day regimen of Follistim and Menopur, will ganarellix used from days 6-11. We triggered with HCG which we believed would be best since we were going for the highest number possible. We discussed my previous RE’s recommendation of using a Lupron protocol, however because of my DOR he was candid to say this may actually have the opposite effect. As a result, we retrieved 9 mature follicles which was in our goal range originally outlined during our consultation.
We specifically expressed our concern about costs especially since we were already thinking we would need to complete 2 retrieval’s and have no insurance coverage. Dr. Glassner was very open to say he would work with us in any way he could- that all we needed to do was to talk to him and be direct, but he would make sure we had a baby, in a way we could afford. After price shopping, this was the first time we EVER had an RE actually work with us and discuss cost.
Bryn Mawr

Their strengths are that they always are on time and prepared. Always friendly and take the time to answer me. I don't really think they have weaknesses. Only thing I'd change is a closer office to my home.... [Nursing Staff] They are so friendly at mainline. I never dread my appointments. And they are the best at drawing blood. I usually bruise very bad.... My insurance covers the procedures but most office visits we pay 40% they average appointment is 825
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
A human Dr. Orris is always professional and friendly. He makes this hard process easier. My husband and I both enjoy our appointments.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience with Dr. Orris has been better than expected. I was so scared and nervous I'd need a D&C because the lining of my uterus was so thick. He decided to do a Hysteroscopy and go in and remove all the extra tissue and was so nice about it. He talked to me and my husband the entire time making me feel so comfortable and was so excited about how every thing looked afterwards. Made me feel like we finally had a fighting chance. I haven't experienced any negative or bad appointments with him.
Trust him!
My 1st cycle we started clomid 50mg 2x a day days 2-6. I than had my first intrauterine ultrasound and discovered my lining was abnormally thick. He than decided to wait till next cycle during my bleed to take a look. He than decided to do the Hysteroscopy and was please with the results after removing extra tissue. This last cycle we did 50mg clomid 2x a day for 3-7 and letrozal I had 2 follicles and an iui. I did get my period and decided to take a break this month because I need to pay some of my fertility bills down.
I'd be fine with multiple embryo if it came to this.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive.... Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility is clean, welcoming, thorough, knowledgeable, and overall fantastic. The staff is great from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors. They are knowledgeable and welcoming the LGBTQ patients and are able to provide a variety of different treatments to help create families. The staff makes you feel important and never like just another patient. Fertility treatments can be scary and stressful, but the clinic does everything to keep you informed, calm, and optimistic about achieving your goals.
From our very first visit with Dr. Glassner and our first consultation we knew we picked the right doctor and fertility clinic. Dr. Glassner immediately made me feel like I was important and he cared about my treatment. He was as excited about me getting pregnant and having a baby as much as I was. He treated my wife and I with respect as an LGBTQ couple and knew exactly what reciprocal IVF was and how to go about doing it. His sense of humor put me at ease when I was nervous about my embryo transfers and I felt completely comfortable with him. After my first failed embryo transfer Dr. Glassner called me to discuss what happened and what our next steps were. During a devastating time of not getting pregnant, he put me at ease and made me feel optimistic again. I knew that my wife and I would reach our goal of having a baby with Dr. Glassner. When we got pregnant, Dr. Glassner was excited for us! He always made us feel that we were his most important patients.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility was amazing. They are the glue that holds the clinic together and kept me sane during my fertility treatment. They are extremely knowledgable in all this fertility and are there to answer questions, ease your nerves, and keep you positive. They were there for me every step of the way. During my failed transfer, the nurses comforted me and when my transfer worked they rejoiced with me. They knew exactly who I was, who my wife was, and our goal. I am forever grateful for every nurse that was involved with my care during my fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner was fantastic from start to finish. He is warm, caring, thorough, and funny, which helps when the nerves of fertility treatment set in. He took time to help me understand exactly what the plan was and made sure we both were in it together to achieve the same goal. When things didn't work out as planned, he was there to make me feel optimistic again and help me understand that IVF takes time. I am forever grateful for the Dr. Glassner's expertise and the gift he helped me create, my daughter. I never felt like just a number, I always felt important and that Dr. Glassner shared the same goals I had for myself.
Stick with him, even when it feels like things aren't working as fast as you want them to. Fertility treatments take time and Dr. Glassner will be there every step of the way to help you create that family that you want for yourself.
For both embryo transfers I was taking Gonal-F injections and having ultrasounds and blood work until I was ready for transfer. Dr. Glassner wanted my body to ovulate to help the transfer work. Once my body started to ovulate I had my embryo transfer. I also was on estradiol pills and progesterone in oil shots. Once I was pregnant I continued the pills and progesterone in oil shots until my 12th week of pregnancy.
Embryo transfer cost about $2500, PGS testing cost about $3000
I had the PGS testing done on the embryos, so Dr. Glassner only allowed transfer of one embryo. He stated that if I had not done PGS testing I would be able to put two embryos in. I was happy with his decision to put one embryo in because our embryos were considered genetically normal.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee [Main Line Fertility] is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.... [Cost Of Treatment] In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.
The attention given to every patient is unique and special at every consultation from the doctor and every staff member including the front desk, i will not go anywhere else hopefully will be able to conceive soon
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Excellent
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Definitely knows his stuff. Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables
Be patient
I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues. In 2018 they were no longer in my network copays were 45.00 for each visit and bills were applied to deductible. This time around we did femara and clomid my body responded to the meds I achieved two perfect follicles, ovulated but did not conceive my cervical mucus was there enough to help the sperm. I received bills in excess of 600.00 as my balance due to the deductible so i had to stop treatment
In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around. Received a bill for 680.00 after they were applied to my out of network deductible and 45.00 copay due at the time of service. Clomid and femara out of pocket not covered by my insurance
Bryn Mawr

Strengths would be the way they [Main Line Fertility] are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.... [Nursing Staff] Amazing ! That is really the only word needed. Via phone and in the office there were always super compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths would be the way they are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.
Always felt VERY welcomed in the office from the time I walk in until I leave. All the Drs, Nurses, and PA's know my and my husbands name and treat us as if we are the most important or only ones there, even though there are a million other patients. Dr. Glassner even called to follow up after our first initial appt. And his PA, Rachel takes time in the office with me and over the phone to answer all of my 5,297 questions.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Have an idea in your head of what you might want to do first. Meaning... if you are ok with just a few meds combinied with IUI or if you would like to do natural cycles. How comfortable you are with IUI and or IVF - be committed to your own path.
We started out with Clomid only and IUI cycles. We then personally decided to only to natural cycles of IUI because I did not feel comfortable with the meds, which he was fine with. However recommend meds because it was not working without. He is now recommending we move forward with IVF because we gave it a few tries already.
$60 co-pays each time. $450 per IUI. $60 Clomid cycle.
Bryn Mawr

The doctors are all extremely well educated, knowledgeable, and communicate well when you meet with them. Sometimes the clinic [Main Line Fertility] felt very crowded and impersonal, but the staff is so friendly and tries to make your experience the best possible.... IUI procedure- out of pocket cost = ~$600 IVF- my insurance covers up to 4 egg retrievals as long as you have no embryos already frozen. I think the out of pocket cost for an IVF cycle is ~$25,000, but many clinical trial opportunities are offered and can help pay for treatment if you qualify.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The doctors are all extremely well educated, knowledgeable, and communicate well when you meet with them. Sometimes the clinic felt very crowded and impersonal, but the staff is so friendly and tries to make your experience the best possible.
Always made sure all of your questions were answered before leaving the room and made sure you understood the processes and procedures.
Compassionate and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Brasile created my IVF protocol with all of my test results in mind. Sometimes, clinics just have a standard protocol that is used for everyone, but she made sure to customize the protocol based on my body's response to previous cycles and tests. She is always positive and makes you feel so hopeful, but is also straightforward with facts and explanations.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want to make sure you understand what your treatment plan is and you feel comfortable and confident that you're receiving the best care possible for you and your partner.
First round of IVF- antagonist protocol. I ended up ovulating an hour before my retrieval and Dr. Brasile was only able to retrieve one mature egg. Since my body ovulated even with the use of cetrotide, we used Lupron for the next cycle. The egg from this round became a day 6 embryo and was frozen for PGS testing. Second round of IVF- Flare protocol. This resulted in 10 mature eggs. Of the 10, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 embryos. The embryo from the first round plus three from the second were sent for PGS testing and one was transferred on day 5. All four that were sent for testing came back abnormal. The one that was transferred resulted in a pregnancy. I'm currently 8 months pregnant with a baby boy!

Other, Unexplained
Strengths [at Main Line Fertility]: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours...Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes...The nurses were nothing short of excellent. They calmed our nerves and literally held my hand throughout the process. They always explained any procedure that I had a question about. They were caring and compassionate.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes.
Dr. Glassner took the time out to answer all my questions during our visits. He's personable and remembers past conversations that we had. Most importantly, Dr. Glassner knew our financial situation and was very flexible in trying to make IVF affordable for us. During our fertility process we found an amazing organization called the "BabyQuest Foundation". BabyQuest provides financial help to people seeking fertility treatments. Because of Dr. Glassner's and Mainline fertility's understanding of our situation they provided fair pricing to the Foundation which in turn helped us win the grant. We will always be grateful and indebted to them.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is patient. He meets with us every time we have a visit at the doctor's office and explains exactly what is happening and what we should next. He answers any questions we have and answers them thoroughly. He gives his expert advice to help us make informed decisions on our health and fertility treatments. His bedside manner is what makes him stand apart from most doctors. He is personable and you really feel like you have all his attention when you are in his presence.
One piece advice I would give a new patient of Dr. Glassner is to be patient because the fertility process is long and can be stressful.
In the beginning of our treatment Dr. Glassner began with IUIs because we had an unexplained fertility diagnosis. These did not produce a positive pregnancy. We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure. Without Dr. Glassner's and Baby Quest's help our son would not be here today.
Paoli

I was able to get in a clinical trial [at Main Line Fertility] for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So when you there for your consult on the "Dr." side, expect a wait!! This is my least favorite part about the clinic. On their busier days you can expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. I found this troubling, because when you are pregnant and transferred to this side, you already take so much time off of work with the IVF process and having to come for weekly appointments or even biweekly, i noticed I had to take almost half days to attend my appts here. Another down side is if the pregnancy isn't going as planned, these long wait times I found extremely hard, as the last place I wanted to be was in public sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers. On the flip side, the staff is great. The women at the front desk get to know you, they are kind and always smiling.
With Dr. Glassner, I always feel like I am treated as a human, and never a number. He doesn't rush the time spent with him, and always makes sure I don't leave confused. The office staff are always kind and also get to know you on a personal level very quickly. The staff and Dr.'s are the reason I continue to be a patient here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Bridget (I hope I spelled her name right!))
I can not say enough about the nursing staff at Bryn Mawr. Bridget (sorry if it's spelled wrong!) Michelle, and the entire staff is one of the main reasons I continue with this practice. I don't know if I could have gotten through the bad times of fertility without these nurses. They take the time to get to know you and your journey becomes their journey. They are so invested in each and every patient that comes through their doors. The financial burdens and all of the emotions that come along with this process, the nurses are there for you every step of the way. They all go above and beyond for their patients. They are simply wonderful.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experiences with IVF have been tough, to say the least, as many patients will agree. Being a patient of Dr. Glassner, I always know what to expect. He is very blunt about your diagnosis, steps to take in your infertility journey, the prognosis of pregnancy, and everything in between. If you like someone to be nothing but straight forward with you, Dr. Glassner is your man. He takes the time to answer any questions or concerns, and I never leave feeling like I have no idea what is going on. No question is a dumb question with him. I always feel as though I am taken seriously, my concerns are valid, and my questions are answered. Dr. Glassner knows my case inside and out, no matter how long of a break I may take between cycles. He remembers what I have been through which is so important to me, mainly so I don't have to relive the bad. Financially, IVF is a struggle for us, and Dr. Glassner has gone above and beyond to make having a baby a reality for us. Have I gotten the results I wanted? No, not yet, but I am confident Dr. Glassner will get me there.
One piece of advice would be, if you are looking for a Dr. to sugar coat your situation, he may not be for you. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to, but he is very straight forward about your situation and what is realistic with your expectations.
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF. I do not know the exact protocol, but I believe it was antagonist. Since I am an otherwise healthy person, I started injections at my next cycle. I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles. No pregnancy resulted from the clomid. We then went on to our next IVF cycle. This time Dr. Glassner added the HGH injections and Lupron, which resulted in a much better quality eggs (and no overstimulation!) I had 2 embroys transferred, which resulted in pregnancy, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. Since this has happened, I decided to move forward with the removal of my other tube. I go back to discuss next steps in a short few weeks!
My insurance does not cover IVF, but I was able to get in a clinical trial for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for. IVF is very expensive in PA at no fault of the Dr., so knowing that Dr. Glassner and his team go above and beyond to make your baby dreams come true, make me feel better about choosing this practice. We have spent around $27,000 so far on 2 rounds of IVF and a frozen transfer (and all that comes with that). All of my regular office visits not associated with the actual IVF cycle, diagnostic bloodwork, ultrasound, hysteroscopy, etc, were covered by my insurance medical plan. So my copay/deductibles applied.
My first time, I only had one I was able to transfer. The second time, I had multiple embroys, and the Dr. covered all the pros and cons or transferring multiple. I wanted to do 2 and he agreed. I was very informed in my decision.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The staff [Main Line Fertility- West Chester] is very kind and warm but they almost never know why I am in that day. I came in with sperm for my first IUI and the nurse thought I was there for more monitoring.... They have a lot of locations which can make things a bit more convenient but the hours are not the best. They don’t open until 8am even for bloodwork. I am always late for work after an appointment. It feels like a revolving door at times.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office always feels like a revolving door no matter which location I go to. They barely have enough seats in the waiting room. I never really feel like I can spend any time asking questions.
The staff is very kind and warm but they almost never know why I am in that day. I came in with sperm for my first IUI and the nurse thought I was there for more monitoring.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is a very “no nonsense”? Get straight down to business personality. I believe she is very knowledgeable, but she never asked me how many children we would like to have. We just went straight to IUI, the 1st try failed and I am in the TWW for my 2nd IUI now.
She’s not the right doctor for a timid patient. She will not ask you if you have questions. I suppose she just assumes you already know what she’s talking about.
100 mg Clomid for 5 days for my 1st IUI cycle with monitoring and timed IUI. I have no idea why she chose this course. 2nd IUI I did 150 mg Clomid for 2 or 3 days then 100 mg for the remaining days (5 days of Clomid total) with a trigger shot (7500 Novarel) for IUI because my fiancé went out of town. Booster of 2500 Novarel a week after initial shot to potential improve success. I am in the TWW now.
My iuis have been covered by insurance so I’ve only had to pay for meds so far. I purchased the trigger shot Novarel for $140 at my clinic. I also have to pay $40 copay every time I walk in the door, even for bloodwork.
We have not done ivf at this time.

2014 - 2018
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process...The nurses were so compassionate and would always try their best to keep you motivated throughout the process. Our insurance converge is horrible for fertility so the nurses always tried to help us out by giving us donated meds if they were available to try to eliminate some of the financial stress that comes with this process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process
Dr Glassner was a perfect blend of honest, compassionate, and said he wouldn’t put us through anything he wouldn’t put his own daughter through and that is what always stayed with us month after month
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner always made time for us and never made us feel rushed. As disapponting as many months were he still had faith and never moved to a treatment that we weren’t 100% confident. He never wanted us to walk away and made sure he did what he could to not let that happen
Dr Glassner has a great sense of humor considering the nature of what he does and that worked for us. It may not work for everyone but it’s what we needed. At the same time he was always compassionate and shared in our frustrations in days when a sense of humor wasn’t appropriate.
Clomid - clomid challenge test Clomid + iui - 3 cycles Injectables + iui - 1 cycle followed by my husband getting vericocele surgery Injectables + iui - 3 cycles Moved onto ivf using injectables and menopur and 5 days in dr glassner concerted the cycle to iui due to my poor response and we ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question Currently I’m back with dr glassner for baby #2 we did three cycle of injectables iui with no luck and plan to move ivf in April
Paid out of pocket for iuis and injectable medications and ivf...monitoring appointments were covered with a specialist co pay
Paoli

The clinic is wonderfully staffed, they work with my crazy work schedule, always get my scripts ordered and also work with us financially. The only weakness that I have found is that I haven’t ever been told the grading of my embryos.... Every nurse at Main Line Fertility is wonderful. They are caring, knowledgeable, and always keep me informed of my medical care. They are optimistic, excited when things go well and are sad with me when things go wrong. I couldn’t ask for a better nursing team.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Orris has always been there for my treatment. He sees a lot of patients, but has never given up on me despite our lack of success at this point. I’ve had an ectopic pregnancy that resulted from my first IVF cycle and he was caring and didn’t look at that as a set back. His quick action saved my tube and hopefully my fertility.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris is caring but also serious. He doesn’t sugarcoat his diagnoses. He’s optimistic and believes that we can get pregnant using our own eggs and sperm. However, he has also given us options Incase that does not work. Dr. Orris is matter of fact and not as warm or chatty as I have been used to in the past, but he is professional and sometimes humerus, which makes me smile. I trust his judgement.
Make sure to ask the questions you have on your mind. He will always give his thoughts and plans for the cycle, but may not offer up all of the information you desire. Ask the questions and he’ll give you the answers.
We began our IVF treatments with Dr. Orris in May 2017. With that we used Follistim and Menopur for egg stimulation. I responded well to the medications and we retrieved 7 eggs, of which 5 fertilized with ICSI (used due to male factor infertility). Dr. Orris choose to do a day 3 transfer of 2 embryos which appeared to be developing at a faster rate than the other 3 embryos. Those 3 did not develop past day 5. From our transfer we had an ectopic pregnancy. Methotrexate was given to dissolve the pregnancy and save my right tube. After 3 months of recovery, we started our second IVF cycle, again using Follistim and Menopur. However, this time the doses were smaller to do a mini IVF protocol and obtain fewer eggs. I still responded well, acquiring 5 eggs at retrieval. 4 were fertilized with ICSI. This time we did a day 5 transfer as they were all developing at the same rate. 1 embryo was transferred, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. The other 4 embryos did not make it. From here we have done 3 additional IUI’s (our insurance covers them), while we save for another IVF treatment. For IUI, we used clomid, letrozole and progesterone. All negative tests resulted from these IUI’s.
IUI’s - covered by insurance IVF - $9,500 Anesthesia - $500 Medications - Totalled about $3000 for one cycle
I trust what Dr. Orris has decided on both our multiple transfer and our single transfer.

Poor Egg Quality, Other
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The only weakness of the clinic is wait time which can be longer than usual at times. However, when you are the patient they are treating it is nice to know that neither Dr. Orris, the techs or nurses are rushing you through the consult or appointment and that you are getting their full attention.
Dr. Orris truly cares. He cares about us, our story. He was excited with us when we graduate and devastated when we came back after a miscarriage at 16 weeks. He helped us with samples of medicine & even discounts on treatments. He has the biggest heart!
I honestly believe that MLF has the best nurses & support team around. The 3rd party coordinator team - an amazing team of women who will pretty much go out of their way to help you get what you need and simplify the process as much as they can. The monitoring team who is a group of the most compassionate, caring, generous women who take the time to get to know you, feel the pain with you and be excited with you. These women are the true heros...they are so organized and coordinate the schedule of meds and even help with free samples to help with the cost of treatment. I don't have enough words to describe them but they truly treat you like family and I love each & every one of them for that. I went through such a hell of a time and they have been so wonderful to me. Every time I was through the doors I get warm hugs and know that I am being taken care of.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris thinks outside the box. He doesn't want to load you up with medicine if he can avoid it by using what your body produces. He is creative with his approaches and even when we had failed cycles (which we did 5 times so far), he manages to give us a sense of optimism by clearly explaining his plan. He doesn't take unnecessary chances which is why he immediately recommended that we go with egg donor vs. mine. I believe that by suggesting that approach he saved us tens of thousands of dollars. I believe & trust in him 100%. He got me pregnant once and I know he can do it again.
Trust him and trust his experience and don't be afraid to ask questions. He always listens and patiently answers.
5 out of my 6 cycles he did Mini-stim protocol because my body was responding so well and I had excellent lining. I actually got pregnant on mini-stim cycle. On the 2nd cycle, after a failed cycle on mini-stim, he tried HRT but then switched me back to the mini-stim. I had a total of 4 hysteroscopies so he can make sure the embryos didn't take because there is an issue developing. He also did a scratch (3rd cycle) but that didn't help and it was a failed cycle. Only the 4th cycle took and I was pregnant for 16 weeks until I went into pre-term labor and lost my baby-girl.
The costs were all advised in advance and there were no surprises, which I like a lot. We paid $2100 per egg. Ended up getting 10 eggs and they charged us for 9. Transfer was $3500. Our last two cycles were embryo donation from their embryo donation bank. The cost is $6050 for embryo + transfer. The don't nickel & dime you...
We discussed only transferring a single embryo at the time because due to my age I am already a high-risk and Orris didn't want to make it even worse. Now, after I miscarried at 16 weeks, we know that it has to be a single embryo as clearly more than one is too much for my body to handle. He made a good call and we agreed with him completely.
Bryn Mawr

If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses [Main Line] are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.... The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
If going for IVF the monitoring and procedure team nurses are amazing. They are what made me keep trying and were always encouraging. The front desk staff was mostly nice. The financial coordinator was available for any questions. You will rely mainly on the monitoring team nurses if going through IVF.
There were times that I felt rushed and not able to express my concerns. Other times, he would be very receptive and understanding of my situation.
There were 3 nurses on the monitoring team that were amazing. One in particular went out of her way to talk to Dr. Glassner for me on my treatment plan and ask about financial assistance. The procedure team nurses were also great. The doctor’s side where I had to go for OHSS were not as pleasant.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He could be very understanding and compassionate at times. He understood our financial situation and was willing to work with us when our insurance ran out. He was upfront with us in the beginning saying that due to my age the odds were against us with using my own eggs but he was willing to try. He continued to support us with each attempt we made. He always reminded us that we had to take not only our financial situation but our mental situation into account with each attempt always asking how we were holding up and if we could go through with another retrieval. Each time he was honest about our chances.
Ask questions if you don’t understand. I have a science background and was familiar with a lot of what he spoke to us about but he can just talk and overwhelm you if you don’t have the background.
For each round of IVF, I was on menopur (2) per day, Follistim (starting out at different volumes each time with decreasing amounts. Started mostly at 300 then decreased to 150 by the end). Several cycles did Ganirelix. Several cycles did Lupron (20) and growth hormone. Most trigger shots were 10,000 of HCG. One trigger shot was 5,000 HCG and Lupron.
The frozen embryo transfers were around $5,000 not including medications. The IVF monitoring and retrieval’s were $9,000 not including medications. The PGS testing was $3,000 for any number of embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Main Line Fertility has several locations but not all are open each day of the week. This means some apts on some days I have to travel over an hour to an open clinic. Wait times can be long, the office is usually busy and things can feel rushed.... Because the clinics can be busy, my impression has been that you (the patient) needs to direct care in some way- remind staff of the plan, revisit previous treatments, remind them of miscarrages etc. sometimes it feels like the history isn’t reviewed before the consult.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. B is very warm and kind. She has a great “bedside manner”. The office is very busy sometimes and at some apts things did feel rushed.
They are very nice and personable. They really know their stuff. But again, sometimes apts feel rushed since there are so many patients to see
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr.B is friendly and kind. She’s warm and funny. My only concern has been that wait times can be long, the clinic can be very busy and she can seem rushed. This sometimes makes me feel pushed along, and often think of questions after the fact.
Think of questions ahead of time and be ready to ask away. Bring a good book, wait times can be long.
I came to Dr.B after a second early miscarriage (around 4-5 weeks), at the time I had been ttc for ) months. I have a 4 year old son, who I had no issues conceiving. I had presumed low progesterone, so I did 2 cycles of natural ovulation with progesterone supplements. No pregnancy. Then we tried 3 cycles of high dose letrozole to try to make me superovulate. I responded well (1-2 follicles) but All negative. Then 3 cycles of clomid and letrozole and still no pregnancy. Then I was told the next step would be injectables or ivf. I took the summer off. Still not pregnant and I am now back getting worked up for an ivf trial. While getting worked up I am trying another clomid/ letrozole cycle
Each visit has a $50 co/pay. Special procedures- tube flushing- have additional costs. Labs were expensive. Meds can be expensive. But this is not due to MLF, it’s due to my insurance

PCOS, Other
Everyone i have ever encountered here [Main Line Fert] has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors...excellent staff and physicians. Like a lot of doctors offices waiting times can increase but most days I was in and out on time. everyone is happy and smiling and it has a family feel to it. they remember every patient. great encouragement from staff and support during tough times
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr Glassner took time and consideration when discussing my case. Always made me feel welcome. And uses humor appropriately to ease fears
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Everyone i have ever encountered here has been amazing. from the front desk to the nurses and doctors.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experience was great. He was very honest and transparent during the entire process. We were never given false hope , everything was explained in detail. There was a plan and it was followed. He really does care about his patients and was very open about giving advice if we encountered a tough situation. During the sad time of a chemical pregnancy he took time to sit and discuss everything that happened and ensured i had further testing done to see if this was a random occurance or a deeper issue like a clotting disorder.
He is smart and driven and has a plan for everyone. It might not be what you want to hear but it is what will work. Don’t expect any sugar coating , just results
I was a mini stim IVF protocol. I think antagonist , i did injections for 2 weeks maybe a little more. No BCP. We focused on taking supplements and metformin to increase my egg quality. this was done based on my age and AMh levels. I produced a 9 eggs all great quality. 8 fertilized and 5 made it to day 5 blasts in great quality. we froze 4 and successfully transferred one.
Ran like a well oiled machine. Monitoring appointments are done in the morning which worked great for me as i could go before work.
10,000 for an IVF cycle
We were advised based on my age and it being my first cycle to only transfer 1 embryo.
Bryn Mawr
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office [Main Line Fertility] through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strength of the clinic is by far the nursing staff and the women who run clinical trials. Be persistent with Dr Glassner speak up for yourself and don’t let him hurry you through your appointment. It is easy to rely on the nurses because they are so competent. But remember he is your doctor. I also found it helpful to take notes during our meetings.
Dr Glassner spent very little time with us. He often met with us for no more than 5-10 min at a time. When we had our miscarriage he escorted out of the back of the building. It was horrible. We just learned we had lost a child and he escorted us out the back door. It was the worst day of our lives and he showed such callousness.
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner speaks very quickly and answers questions without much detail. My husband had a vasectomy which is why we have been going through IVF. He never explained that the sperm aspiration could prevent us from successfully reversing the vasectomy later. When we did not see the predicted follicle growth he never changed course. He only personally performed one of my three embryo transfers
Do your own research and ask questions. He is very charming and quickly won my husband and I over. Once we became a more difficult case instead of spending more time investing our case he told us what we wanted to hear to get more money. Try a cycle but if you are a complicated case get a second opinion early.
We started with Gonal F, menipur and cetrotide. We retrieved 10 eggs with three embryos. We transferred two with a positive pregnancy test. That lead to miscarriage. Rationale was he saw nothing besides my husband’s previous vasectomy preventing us from conceiving. Second cycle: only Gonal F. We were part of a study of Gonal F he recommended. We were told we were good candidates. We only had 7 eggs. In the end we had two embryos that were abnormal after PGS. Third cycle, he said let’s put everything into it. We did human growth hormone, Gonal F, Lupron and Lovenox. He said that the growth hormone was shown to improve egg quality. Lovenox because I showed some elevated clotting factor. They decided to trigger me earlier than I had anticipated. In the end the majority of my eggs were immature. This after we only had 7 follicles.
Over three cycles with meds we have spent approximately $75,000.

2014 - 2017
Main Line Fertility has multiple locations which allowed me flexibility to schedule appointments at times and locations that were best for me. Everyone I interacted with by phone and in person was friendly and helpful....The nursing staff was excellent from start to finish of every appointment. They were genuine and talked me through what they were doing and why during ultrasounds, blood draws, etc.... Dr. Glassner clearly explained all options, potential outcomes, and risks.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr Glassner got to know us, clearly explained our options, throughout our journey with him, helped us through my miscarriage and celebrated the births of our 2 daughters with us!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner clearly explained all options, potential outcomes, and risks. He was always there for us for the key procedures and appointments. He was awesome at giving good news and also helped us through some bad news along the way.
If you are struggling with infertility, I highly recommend Dr. Glassner.
I did stims for an egg retrieval in Oct-Nov 2014, egg retrieval 11/11/14, pgs on 9 day 5 embryos with 6 normal (3 boys and 3 girls). We did a FET (with acupuncture before and after) of boy and girl embryos (1 of each - 2 total) dec 2014, BFP followed by missed miscarriage (no heartbeat) in jan 2015 and dne jan 2015 (it was the girl that stuck). Did another FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in apr 2015 and had my first daughter jan 2016. Did a mini stim cycle jan-feb 2017 and FET (1 boy and 1 girl) with acupuncture before but not after in feb 2017 and had my 2nd daughter Oct 2017.
I don’t recall the exact costs, but the breakdown was: fertility meds (for pre egg retrieval and pre and post FET) which were partially covered by my insurance and I partially paid out of pocket for, the egg retrieval itself (again partially covered by insurance), anesthesia for egg retrieval, PGS which was about $2000 for 9 5-day embryos if I remember correctly and not covered by insurance, the FETs themselves which I think was about $3000 each (again partially covered), the costs for appointments, blood work, ultrasounds, other diagnostic testing (acronyms I don’t remember) which were all partially covered by my insurance also and acupuncture before, during and after which was $75 per visit on average and varied from multiple times a week during certain parts of cycles to weekly during others to every other week during others and not covered by my insurance.
Dr. Glassner allowed us to transfer 2 embryos and I appreciated that option because my husband and I were open to singletons or multiples. We wanted our best chance of having at least 2 children.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Prices [at Main Line Fertility] were $500 for IUI, $9,800 for IVF and $500 for anesthesia. I participated in a clinical study (another plus for going through MLF) which covered all of my meds...MLF is a great clinic - top rated doctors, knowledgeable and friendly nurses and staff, clean space, associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, etc. Typically I am seen within 20 minutes of my scheduled appointment time - I've only had to wait longer a few times, which I think is impressive...The nursing staff at MLF is absolutely incredible. They answered every one of my questions and always have a warm, positive and compassionate way about them. Every single phone call and in-person visit has been so pleasant and reassuring because of the AMAZING nurses at MLF.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is a great clinic - top rated doctors, knowledgeable and friendly nurses and staff, clean space, associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, etc. Typically I am seen within 20 minutes of my scheduled appointment time - I've only had to wait longer a few times, which I think is impressive. They work to make sure you can get in and out of the appointments (since often you're there a few times a week!).
Dr. Orris is very matter of fact, and there were a few times when I felt rushed. However, he always took the time to answer my questions and walk me through my options. When he could tell that I was stressed or worried, he would absolutely take the extra time with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and I've always trusted the decisions he was making about my treatment plan. He is very nice, but also very matter of fact, so it was important that I ask questions and ask for things to be further explained if need be. He's made it clear that he is invested in the process with us and that he will do all he can to get us pregnant.
I would say this with any doctor, but educate yourself on infertility and be your own advocate. If you have questions, make sure you ask them. If you don't understand something, make sure it's explained to you. Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and sometimes explains things in very technical terms that may be over your head. Simply ask him to back up and explain - which he'll gladly do.
We started with Clomid + timed intercourse, then moved to Clomid + Letrozole + timed intercourse, then Clomid + Letrozole + IUIs. Although I produced good follicles and eggs, none of these methods worked. Unexplained infertility. For IVF, my protocol was Gonal F stims, then Cetrotide and Estrace. I retrieved 21 eggs, but only 4 fertilized. We transfered one embryo and none of the others made it to freeze. Results of first IVF was negative and we are starting a second round in July - changing meds and protocol now that Dr. Orris knows that I have egg quality issues.
We paid everything out of pocket, as our insurance does not cover infertility, so prices were $500 for IUI, $9,800 for IVF and $500 for anesthesia. I participated in a clinical study (another plus for going through MLF) which covered all of my meds.
Dr. Orris expressed to us that he likes to be as responsible as possible when it comes to his practice - and with my young age of 31, he recommended a single embryo transfer vs. multiple. Multiples are typically a more difficult, more high-risk pregnancy and as we don't have the clock working against us, he felt that we should only transfer one embryo (although he gave us the option to transfer more if we wanted to). We opted to only transfer one.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
They [nurses at Main Line Fertility] are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It can be very busy and it can take a long time to see the Dr. and make it through all the waiting rooms.
Dr. Glassner always puts his patients first. Although he may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility are AMAZING. They are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is a protective, assertive, and optimistic doctor who sets realistic expectations with patients about the course of treatment and what to expect. He is very thorough, uses every form of treatment available, is amenable to payment plans and understands unique life circumstances that can both aid and deter fertility. Because he splits his time between two clinics, he wasn't always there when I needed to have an appointment, but Dr. Glassner would leave explicit instructions for the nurses that they should call him before prescribing treatment no matter what the doctor on call prescribed. He is always available to answer questions, and takes every patient concern seriously.
The clinic is busy, so make your appointments early in the morning.
I switched to Dr. Glassner after a successful pregnancy when I wanted to start treatment for a second child, so Dr. Glassner prescribed a round of injection hormones to bring on ovulation because it was the same protocol we were successful with previously.
All of my medications were covered by health insurance, so I only had to pay my office co-pay.

2 IUI, IVF
This clinic [Main Line Fertility - Bryn Mawr] is extremely busy. They typically run on time but can get backed up by 15-20 minutes early in the morning. Overall, I don't have to wait long but it can be frustrating to see so many women booked at the same time...The nursing staff is always very friendly and willing to answer questions. They return voicemails promptly and always call by the afternoon with the results.
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is extremely busy. They typically run on time but can get backed up by 15-20 minutes early in the morning. Overall, I don't have to wait long but it can be frustrating to see so many women booked at the same time.
I originally went to a different clinic for my first 2 months of treatment but I was concerned that they weren't monitoring me very closely. I contacted Dr. Brasile for a second opinion. She met with me for over 45 minutes discussing my test results and initial treatment protocols. After several of her questions, I discovered my first clinic wasn't doing all of the 'checks'. It was very helpful that she took the time to get to know me, find out how aggressive we wanted to be about treatment, and clearly outlined next steps.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
I am a person who needs a plan. Dr Brasile met with me after each visit to discuss the plan for the next few weeks. After my first IUI, we made a plan for the next 2 months - just in case it didn't work. I felt very comfortable knowing that we had backup plans in place and I knew what would be next. She is organized, respectful, and very good communicator.
To ask questions. I think you need to ask all your doctors questions in this type of process. There are so many unknowns that it is helpful to get the answers from the expert and not a blog.
Unfortunately, our first clinic misdiagnosed my husband's sperm results. We did 2 IUIs with negative results. After the 2nd IUI, Dr Brasile ordered a re-testing of his results because I had had a lot of concerns about my first clinic. Turns out, I was right! The first clinic didn't tell us that his sperm results weren't fully normal. Based on the new results, Dr Brasile immediately changed treatment to IVF.
They seemed very reasonably priced. It certainly depends on your insurance coverage but they were 1/10 the cost of UPenn Fertility for IUI.
Bryn Mawr

There are only a few people you will be interacting with [at Main Line Fertility]. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable...All the nurses in Gocial's office are excellent. I cannot say enough. Very kind, caring and personal. It's important because as a patient you will be meeting with the nurses for your appointments after a course of treatment is set.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial's Main Line Fertility office in Center City is very small. So it's less private in a sense. There are only a few people you will be interacting with. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable.
The nurses in Dr. Gocial's office are very personable, friendly and caring. One of the nurses I recognized from my previous doctor's office and we talked about why she had wanted to work with Dr. Gocial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen Heinig)
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial was very open in reviewing test results and answering all my questions in detail. He was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
As with any doctor, make sure you know what questions you want to ask and that they get answered.
I started on Letrazole 2.5mg the 3rd-7th day of my cycle and started Menopur 75iu on the 6th day for 4 days. On day 10, we did HCG. I don't remember if the IUI was Day 11 or Day 12.
I paid copays, medicine and for my IUI visit.
Bryn Mawr

Everyone (except one ultrasound tech) from the office to the front desk to the nursing staff and doctors and PA were amazing. They [Main Line Fertility - Bryn Mawr] made the process a little less nerve wracking. I felt like they were my family during my time there.... We did have to pay out of pocket for iui which ran about $450-$475 per time.... I never had a bad experience with a nurse at his office. We had one poor experience with an ultrasound tech but otherwise everyone was helpful, understanding, compassionate.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone (except one ultrasound tech) from the office to the front desk to the nursing staff and doctors and PA were amazing. They made the process a little less nerve wracking. I felt like they were my family during my time there.
Dr. Glassner always referred to us by name. When we went back for our second, a year later, he remembered we owned a pizza shop and remembered that we had supplied lunch to his office. Details that I thought for sure he would have “forgotten” given the number of patients he sees on a day to day basis
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I loved Dr. Glassner. Some say his bed side manner isn’t the best. We truly had no issues with him at all. I recommend him to everyone and anyone i know who needs fertility help. Without him, and his PA we wouldn’t have our two girls. I owe him everything. Although the process can be stressful, he made it a little more bearable.
Ignore his bed side manner if it bothers you. He seriously is the best of the best.
For baby 1 - we did clomid cycles (the highest dose allowed) followed by one cycle of timed intercourse. We then did approx three more cycles with iui the last resulting in our almost three year old. For baby 2 - we did clomid cycles (again highest dose allowed) followed by iui for three cycles. On cycle four we did clomid and femara with iui and have a 7 month old.
Our insurance covered everything except copays for office visits and drugs. We did have to pay out of pocket for iui which ran about $450-$475 per time.

2013 - 2015
They [nurses at Main Line Fertility in Bryn Mawr] were all patient, willing to answer my questions, and were so nice during what is obviously a very stressful time....When we did our frozen transfer, they forgot to call me the day that they thawed to tell me what was still viable. In addition, once I needed to have an HSG, and the front desk scheduled a regular ultrasound/bloodwork appointment, even though I specifically said I needed to schedule an HSG at least twice during the call.
2013 - 2015
He answered all of our questions honestly - he didn't hesitate giving us answers we might not want, but he never sugarcoated or implied things were better than they were. When we had bad news, it seemed to upset and frustrate him as much as it upset and frustrated us. He also did a good job of trying to keep the scary stuff not so scary - he would make me laugh during transfers and IUIs and other invasive procedures go keep me calm.
They were all patient, willing to answer my questions, and were so nice during what is obviously a very stressful time.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
The thing I was most afraid of was a doctor who would tell us there was still hope when there was not - that we'd have a doctor who would exploit the fact that I wanted to be pregnant so badly. Dr. Glassner never, ever held back bad news from us. We had a lot of it, and he was always compassionate but honest. He didn't couch the crappy stuff in weird euphemisms and vague promises. Every single time a cycle was weird, he would change course the next time to try and outsmart my body. Eventually, it worked! I am so thankful for him.
Ask any question that pops into your mind. He won't give more details than an overview if you don't ask questions, but he never has a problem being more specific when pressed.
For our 3 IVF cycles, the first cycle was I think a more or less standard cycle, which resulted in 13 eggs, but only 5 were mature, even though they were measuring via ultrasound as mature. For the second cycle, he added HGH to our protocol, because there was evidence that it can kick eggs up a notch. Unfortunately, that did not work for us - we got more eggs, but the quality was not as good as the first cycle. For the 3rd cycle, even though I definitely do not have PCOS, he felt I was reacting to medication more like a woman who does than a woman who doesn't. Because of that, he put me on metformin and lupron, in addition to the regular drugs. We got more mature eggs, made more embryos, and they were better quality than the previous two. It worked this time!
All of our procedures were covered by insurance. We were so lucky.

2012
I thought the nurses [at Main Line Fertility] were phenomenal - really patient, kind, caring, took the time to explain, understood our circumstances (traveling from DC to Philadelphia for treatment), etc...The practice helped me to arrange all monitoring in DC with Shady Grove (which ironically was covered by insurance - but would not have been, had I been a full patient of Shady Grove's - still dont understand that part!)...I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
2012
I thought the nurses were phenomenal - really patient, kind, caring, took the time to explain, understood our circumstances (traveling from DC to Philadelphia for treatment), etc.
The nurses were amazing - so patient, caring, kind, steady, etc.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
The reason we initially traveled to see Dr. Glassner was because the Tay-Sachs Foundation shared with us his willingness to work with our financial situation in order to cover part of the costs of having to do ICSI, PGD, etc. to avoid having a child impacted by tay-sachs. Although I wouldn't say he was the 'perfect' doctor, I will be FOREVER grateful for his generosity and willingness to work with us. I do think I didn't have my eyes wide open about how hard the process would be, how time consuming it would be to wait for the PGD part of the process, and how we literally were down to 2 embryos by the end, one of which was clearly not going to make it. I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
Ask for realistic time frames and expectations for possible scenarios; it's not like you just pay the money and magically get your baby.
We met with the doctor to explain the situation and they did some testing to ensure they had a full picture of my body (I had already had one miscarriage trying naturally); we then worked with the PGD people in New Jersey (Reprogenetics), which took a lot longer than expected. Once completed, we started the drug protocols, did the egg retrieval, eggs were tested after five days, re-frozen, and then I returned a month later for implantation. The practice helped me to arrange all monitoring in DC with Shady Grove (which ironically was covered by insurance - but would not have been, had I been a full patient of Shady Grove's - still dont understand that part!).
I did monitoring at Shady Grove in Washington, DC. Main Line helped to arrange this.

2010 - 2012
staff [at Main Line Fertility were] very attentive, responsive and caring...The clinic is in a great location and because there is a large number of staff, I never had to wait long for blood draws etc. They were always helpful and understanding...i initially worked with Dr. Pfeffer who has since retired. When going to an appointment, I would see one or the other and whoever was available for the IUI would perform it. I was a single mom by choice and he was honest with me, about my age and what he recommended I do to get the best result, a pregnancy.
2010 - 2012
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is in a great location and because there is a large number of staff, I never had to wait long for blood draws etc. They were always helpful and understanding. It is a very busy practice and there were times when I ran into people i knew there. Most of us were doing it in secret so that was a little awkward. I have no complaints.
I felt that Dr. Glassner and staff were very attentive, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes, Anne Barrett.)
The nursing staff was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Caring, responsive, empathetic, just wonderful.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is very to the point however, if your goal is to get pregnant, he is the person to go to. I appreciated him being direct with me.
I had 2 months of Clomid and 2 IUI's with the 1st donor I chose with no luck. Then I had to change donors (no more samples were available through my bank) and I had 1 more cycle with Clomid. Dr. Glassner recommended I then begin a cycle with injectibles, with the plan of seeing how my body would react. I had many less follicles that previous cycles however, I had a sperm dose available and so Dr Pfeffer recommend I do 1 last IUI. That resulted in a pregnancy and live birth.
I believe my insurance covered most visits except the actual IUI.
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
In general, though some of the drugs were causing ill health effects (high blood pressure to go to the hospital, unusual bleeding) was not addressed. Focus [at Main Line Fertility] was on conception... [The nurses were] kind even when I was actively losing a pregnancy.
2010 - 2011
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
I felt rushed along though I felt like he cared about me in treatment and seemed like he really wanted me to get pregnant. However when we were struggling with whether to continue, he didn't listen to the emotional impacts it was having and the effect it was having. I also feel he was willing to overlook some significant medical problems I was having because I was in treatment. I was so desperate for a baby I looked away.
Kind even when i was actively losing a pregnancy
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My case was a HARD case of unexplained. If you have uncomplicated infertility issues (blocked tubes, low sperm count) I think he would be great. If you have a more complicated case involving uterine or pregnancy losses for unknown reasons, I am not sure it will be the best fit. Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case. He though, along with 3/4 other docs I saw missed underlying Endometriosis and Adenomyosis which surely interfering with implantation.
He's flexible , willing to try new things
We tried a low dose antagonist cycle (ectopic pregnancy after IVF) and an agonist cycle (biochemical pregnancy) , which no other clinic was willing to try with me. It did produce my highest quality embryos. In the end, uterine reasons for my losses were not explored. I was presenting with many Endometriosis symptoms, yet no lap was done, even after the ectopic.

IVF, Donor Eggs
The office [Main Line Fertility] is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids. His staff are also WONDERFUL! They have all spent a lot of time with us in person and on the phone, letting me cry, talking through options, and answering our million questions! Plus, they have a large egg bank and embryos, which is unique. We had been to another doctor that had the opposite bedside manner and are so happy we found Dr. Glassner! We love this office!
They are all wonderful! They are friendly and warm and spend as much time as you need to cry, talk, and ask questions.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is kind, patient, compassionate and honest. He shares his personal stories and is warm and funny. He has taken a lot of time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and love that. He is wonderful!
Be honest with all of your hopes and fears - he will care for you well.
We are in process
$2100 per egg + $3500 transfer + approx $1000 meds
He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
Bryn Mawr

They [Main Line Fertility] are always very busy. Wait times can be long, even early in the morning. The nurses are very nice but don’t expect to see your doctor after every visit. Even when you need to discuss a plan for the following month...They barely remembered me each visit even though I saw them multiple times per week for 5 months...My doctor was not in the office when I did IUI and nobody ever followed up with me afterward. I decided to see a different doctor after that.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are always very busy. Wait times can be long, even early in the morning. The nurses are very nice but don’t expect to see your doctor after every visit. Even when you need to discuss a plan for the following month.
They barely remembered me each visit even though I saw them multiple times per week for 5 months. The doctor would only guess when we should have timed intercourse and the nurse mixed up my file with another woman. My doctor was not in the office when I did IUI and nobody ever followed up with me afterward. I decided to see a different doctor after that.
The nurses and ultrasound tech were always very nice.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
We felt very confident with her at first, but after time I felt like just a number. I saw her less and less. I felt like I wasn’t given much attention because I wasn’t at a point to pay for IVF yet. Neither Dr. Brazile not anyone from the practice followed up with me after I underwent IUI.
I would suggest seeking a second opinion if you feel something isn’t right. After just one consultation with a second doctor, we figured out two major things that Dr. Brasile failed to do.
I am healthy and ovulate on my own, so we went right to Clomid and Letrizole to increase my follicle production each month (4 months). However, she would only guess as to when we should have sex. I was never given injections to initiate ovulation.
My insurance covered everything but IUI, IVF, and genetic testing. It was just a specialist co-pay.
Paoli

Getting an early appointment [Main Line Fertility] is tough. Nurse’s are great and really get to know you. Receptionist try their best to get you the appointment time you want. Don’t expect to spend a lot of time with the doctors. Plan for a 2 hour visit, although sometimes they are quick... There was one time my prescription was not called that I needed to take that night. Luckily, the on-call doctor called it into my pharmacy that night.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Getting an early appointment is tough. Nurse’s are great and really get to know you. Receptionist try their best to get you the appointment time you want. Don’t expect to spend a lot of time with the doctors. Plan for a 2 hour visit, although sometimes they are quick
I felt like it was a open/close door with him. He look at my file each time while we walked into his office. Gave us the plan and sent us on to the next patient.
Nurses were with me every step away, through the good and bad. Hugs when I needed them. Hope was I was hopeless. Happy/Sad Tears with me. They are the best nurses.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris was very knowledgeable. Although we did not have a successful pregnancy, he did all he could do. He did not push us to do think we could not afford. And was honest about our chances of getting pregnant at my age. When I had my 3 miscarriages, he prepared me for what would happen. But was not very sympathetic to our emotions.
Ask all the questions you have, don’t feel rushed. Trust him!
6 cycles of clomid. I would go in the first day of my cycle for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I would come back on day 12 (sometimes day 13 or 14) he would tell be when to have sex. For the IUi, same as the clomid, except I would go in for ultrasounds and bloodwork more often. Sometimes 3 days in a row. My husband was “on call” those days.
Over $5,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They are overflowing with strengths. They show compassion and love to every one of their patients. In my experience you never feel like a number, you are treated with understanding and they try the best to their ability to help in any way they can.... Every nurse at Mainline fertility shows an overflowing amount of love. Margie lie always so pleasant and understanding. Every time I was in her care she made me feel so much better.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
He always makes sure that you understand what he means. He will break it down so that you feel secure in his care 110% of the time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Margie)
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris has made this journey so far, one of comfort and understanding. He always makes sure he has time for his patients. You can tell he loves what he does and that for him he isn’t satisfied until he makes your dreams a reality.
Listen to what he had to say, It can be difficult to do all the tests and exams. He tries to make you as comfortable as possible, listen to him. He knows what he’s talking about.
I’ve only ever done treatments with clomid, femera, and one other medicine to help promote egg production. Our insurance coverage is very limited. We conceived on a cycle where we were having a natural cycle, unfortunately that ended in an early miscarriage. We are currently hoping that we will land a spot in one of the IVF clinical trials that are being offered.
Paoli

The information the staff [Main Line Fertility] give you can sometimes be a little overwhelming but you can call and email any questions you have at anytime. Each person I’ve talked to have been just as encouraging as the nursing staff.... All of the nurses are so compassionate, encouraging and caring. They take the time to listen and encouraging and are just as heartbroken when you have a negative test as you are
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The information the staff give you can sometimes be a little overwhelming but you can call and email any questions you have at anytime. Each person I’ve talked to have been just as encouraging as the nursing staff.
Dr. Glassner, from the very first visit treated us like we were human and not a number. He answered all our questions before we even asked them and told us things that we had never been told before that could be causing our problems. Every visit he and his staff are encouraging and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever seen. Always encouraging us at each visit. He jokes around to try to make you smile and laugh when you are having a rough time dealing with everything going on. Which always helps. He gives renewed hope with each failed attempt.
Be completely honest about how you are feeling. He will understand.
First IUI, 100 mg of clomid days 4-8 then timed insemination by ultrasound monitoring. Second IUI, 150 mg clomid days 4-8 and timed insemination by ultrasound monitoring. Also he added a baby aspirin daily and 1500 mg of metformin daily
IUIs were $457 each (which I think is very far pricing. We have paid more at other clinics and didn’t get as good care as we are getting there.) and everything else have been billed to our insurance.
Paoli

This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is kind, compassionate and caring. For the amount of patients always waiting to see the doctors, they know who you are, and don’t make you feel rushed through the process. Their approach is positive yet sensitive to your situation.... I love the nursing staff! They are compassionate, personable women that helped me feel comfortable through every step of the process.... We wanted to start small and work our way up. Based on insurance and financial commitments,
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is kind, compassionate and caring. For the amount of patients always waiting to see the doctors, they know who you are, and don’t make you feel rushed through the process. Their approach is positive yet sensitive to your situation.
Everyone in that office knows me by sight. They remember me, are personable, and make every attempt to make me comfortable through this process.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I feel confident having Dr. Glassner as my doctor. He explains everything in detail and in a way I can understand. I got pregnant on my own but miscarried and the empathy and understanding through that experience was wonderful. He helped me and my partner understand what happened and how to move forward. We are currently still trying to get pregnant.
Ask any and all questions. Don’t be afraid to ask the smallest one. He will be honest and tell you exactly what is going on.
We wanted to start small and work our way up. Based on insurance and financial commitments, he recommended our treatments around what we felt confortsble with. Since oral meds alone hasn’t worked for us we are now considering IUI and IVF.
I had my copays and I used my FSA.
Bryn Mawr

IVF round [at Main Line Fertility] was $9000 for just monitoring and retrieval. If you did a fresh transfer with that cycle, add $800. Frozen embryo transfers were $3500...It is a very nice, new clinic. The waiting room can be very busy. Parking is a hassle, though there is a parking garage right there, it is usually packed. State of the art technology. They have water/coffee/tea in the waiting room for everyone
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Glassner may be a bit rushed, as he has a busy practice. But, he will sit with you and answer any questions you have. He uses personal situations to compare with your own. He is extremely compassionate. He will leave it up to you as to what to do, though he gives you options and his opinion
The practice is extremely busy, but there are IVF nurses, retrieval nurses, office visit nurses, etc. All of the nurses are very sweet and kind and try to be optimistic.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very open and honest with you, but he does provide hope for everyone...even if odds are bleak. He is willing to work with each patient as an individual, knowing not everyone is the same. After my miscarriage, he called me with results, and several months later, he called me for a 'mental health' check in
Don't feel rushed. If you have questions, write them down before you go in, so you get everything answered
Gonal F/Folistim high dose. Menopur 1 or 2 vials twice a day. Microdose Lupron. Omnitrope sometimes. Used clomid once-without good results.
IVF round was $9000 for just monitoring and retrieval. If you did a fresh transfer with that cycle, add $800. Frozen embryo transfers were $3500
Bryn Mawr

Everyone at every office [Main Line Fertility] is kind and patient! And let me tell you, they are a busy office! They get to know you very well and share a special bond with you! I can not say enough good things about all of them!... Seeing Allison [a nurse] was like seeing a friend every time I went in. She was so easy to talk to and even at times cry to! I can honestly say if I am to get pregnant I will miss seeing her
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone at every office is kind and patient! And let me tell you, they are a busy office! They get to know you very well and share a special bond with you! I can not say enough good things about all of them!
Dr.Orris was always warm and inviting at every appointment. He didn’t just see me as another patient he had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Seeing Allison was like seeing a friend every time I went in. She was so easy to talk to and even at times cry to! I can honestly say if I am to get pregnant I will miss seeing her
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Going into see Dr.Orris we knew that we had male factor. Not only was he professional, he made sure we understood everything! He also referred us to the best fertility urologist in the area and communicated with him to give us the best treatment possible
Ask questions if your unsure of anything! He is a very intelligent man and knows his stuff but will adjust to make you comfortable so make sure you ask about anything you don’t understand
We did 4 Iui’s with dr. Orris. We attempted 3 of them with my husbands sperm and all were unsuccessful. I responded fine to the clomid and gonal. The male factor was just super sever and eventually we needed to cancel our last scheduled iui because my husband had zero sperm. We moved onto iui with donor, I did 100mg of clomid and had two beautiful follicles, the iui in my opinion was timed perfectly and I am now in my tww.
I think, this far we are about 3,000ish in.
Bryn Mawr

Initial communication about what I needed to do to start off my second cycle was a mixed up. But the staff [Main Line Fert- Bryn Mawr] caught the oversight and it did not affect my start date. So perhaps they could assign a staff member to follow individual patients from cycle start to finish.... My first cycle was a study so the treatment costs were very minimal.... The entire staff is comforting and experienced. Every visit I was made to feel important and comfortable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Initial communication about what I needed to do to start off my second cycle was a mixed up. But the staff caught the oversight and it did not affect my start date. So perhaps they could assign a staff member to follow individual patients from cycle start to finish.
Dr Glassner has a phenomenal bedside manner. His interactions with his patients is personal and genuine. He makes you feel like you are very important to him.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is the reason my husband and I came to Main Line Fertility to seek treatment. I felt like I was receiving the best of care from him. He was very thoughtful and thorough with his explainantions of what to expect and what he foresees the outcome to be. His confidence in his abilities and his staff is very reassuring.
Be honest about your expectations.
1st cycle was the Finox study. Birth control pills, Lupron, aspirin and stimulating meds. Retrieved 10 eggs. 9 mature and 6 fertilized. Crinone for 12 weeks after. Transferred 2 embryos and conceived and live birthed twins. The remaining embryos did not make it to day 5. 2nd cycle: Follistim, Cetrocide and Menopur for 10 days. 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized and only 3 progresses. All 3 stopped progressing by day 4.
My first cycle was a study so the treatment costs were very minimal. My 2nd cycle Dr Glassner greatly reduced so that it was affordable for us to do.
Bryn Mawr

[Main Line Fert] Strengths: Responsive, compassionate staff, well regarded, team will try everything they can do to help you achieve your desired outcome. Weaknesses: You feel rushed, not enough 1 on 1 with doctor, not enough early morning appointments for working patients...Nurses at the clinic were very nice but often hurried....They treat you with care and share in your disappointments and Joy's.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Nurses at the clinic were very nice but often hurried. I often saw Dr. Glassner's PA more than him but still felt cared for.
They treat you with care and share in your disappointments and Joy's.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He was very candid during my 1st visit which set the tone of my time there. I would have liked more explanation of my challenges instead of what I felt were standard answers for someone my age (almost 40.) Overall, I feel like he responds well to my ongoing treatment setbacks.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to be just as candid as he is.
Cycle 1: times intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 2: iui w/clomid, low sperm motility. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 3: clomid, timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 4: 2 iuis w/ clomid, fermera, low sperm motility, low amh, negative pregnancy test Cycle 5: gonal-f, ovidrel trigger, timed intercourse over 2 days (iui had to be cancelled by patient). Waiting outcome.
Insurance covered: Appointments: $40 IUI:$20 Medications: $7 to $49 range Not covered by insurance: Gonal-F and Ovidrel: $840 ( with 25% veterans discount)
Bryn Mawr

Main Line Fertility West Cheater is a smaller clinic than their main office in Bryn Mawr, however, the treatment is still excellent. The staff is caring, gets back to me in a omelet manner and truly knows me.... The nurses under Dr. Brasille are so friendly, knowledgeable and understanding.... With Dr. Brasille I did 9 IUI’s. We were saving for IVF and she was patient with us trying IUI so many times.... Dr. Brasille is so confident and kind. She is friendly and always remembers me.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Brasille is so confident and kind. She is friendly and always remembers me. Even though I switched to another doctor, she still remembers me and is excited for me. I talk to her when I run into her at the clinic and I always greeted with a hug.
The nurses under Dr. Brasille are so friendly, knowledgeable and understanding.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Brasille is a very knowledgeable doctor. I was taken care of very well under her care. She’s friendly, outgoing and very personable. I love that in a doctor. The only concern I had with her had to do with my retroverted uterus. And sometimes after my IUI’s I was in pain. She is a fully competent doctor and I have no doubts in her ability to create a healthy baby for couples!
Make sure to get your questions in. Dr. Brasille is super friendly and sometimes you get talking so much and I would forget to ask what I needed to ask.
With Dr. Brasille I did 9 IUI’s. We were saving for IVF and she was patient with us trying IUI so many times. For each IUI we did a combination of clomid and/or letrozole. She referred my husband to a urologist to work on sperm counts. Unfortunately, none of those IUI’s resulted in pregnancy.
IUI’s - covered by insurance Medication - only covered Co-pays for IUI medication.
No transfers done with Dr. Brasille

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
the practice [Main Line Fert] is extremely busy and ill be honest i felt like a number at times but i more felt like a human and that everyone who worked there cared about every paitent...The practice is busy but when it is your turn you will get every second and attention of thr doctors and staff. You will not leave without your questions answered and if you do you can call them for help...They are extremely nice, caring and friendly. They talk you through everystep and answer any questions you have.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Be prepared to wait. The practice is busy but when it is your turn you will get every second and attention of thr doctors and staff. You will not leave without your questions answered and if you do you can call them for help.
the practice is extremely busy and ill be honest i felt like a number at times but i more felt like a human and that everyone who worked there cared about every paitent.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is the best. He is a no nonsense tell you like it is doctor. Put everything into plain terms that you can understand. Hes not against telling you it wont work or the other doctor you saw fed you a line of bullshit. I appreciate that in a doctor. He is compasionate caring and has a weird but great sense of humor.
Dont give up on him. Let him do what he knows to see what is the best procedure for you. He will let you know if its not possible.
i went to him knowning i was going to do IVF. I had trouble ovulating in the past. I don't recall dosage or exact medications but i followed the exact ivf procedure medicines.
My insurance covered beginning testing but the ivf procedure was $15,000 plus the cost of medications. I did not have ivf coverage
The more the merrier was my thought. But doctor glassner didnt want to put me in jeopardy of more than 2 embryos because of my history of not being able to carry full term. He brought me down to reality from my octomom vision. I was very grateful.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
The office [Main Line Fertility] is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.... They are very patient and kind. They’ve seen it all, so when I first called and explained our story and lost it on the phone, they were more than compassionate and kind.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Colleen, Kristen, Maureen)
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help! This was a welcomed change from our prior experience at another fertility group.
He is very busy, certainly tries to make time but be patient if you can’t see him every time.
Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited, he provided an active approach with statistics and realistic expectations.
Pretty standard
He and their team are pretty dead set on single embryo transfer to reduce risks.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I love that there a several locations. However, not all locations seem to have the same quality of care. [Main Line] Bryn Mawr had the best nurses, but was also the busiest and the parking was less then ideal as you can expect to pay around $5 a visit just to park. There is no public parking you are forced to use the parking garage. When you go a couple times a week it really adds up.... My estrogen was low after my transfer and they never called me to tell me a need to increase my dose.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I love that there a several locations. However, not all locations seem to have the same quality of care. Bryn Mawr had the best nurses, but was also the busiest and the parking was less then ideal as you can expect to pay around $5 a visit just to park. There is no public parking you are forced to use the parking garage. When you go a couple times a week it really adds up.
Took time to try to explain treatments
They were very thorough in explaining blood work results, medications, and procedures.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I wish he would have met with me more and spent a little more time with us. I mainly just saw the nurses who were great. He didn't talk much I had to initiate most conversations and ask all the questions. I had faith in his work from all the other great reviews and success stories he recieved.
Ask lots of questions and don't rely that he will tell you on his own.
We did a mock transfer and ERA because i asked for it. Dr Orris agreed it sounded like a good idea. I was on 1.5ml of progesterone in oil, 400mg progesterone vaginal suppositories, 2mg estradiol 4 times a day, 50mcg synthroid for my thyroid as well.
Around 7 thousand for frozen transfer including medications.
After the other failed transfer and the poor quality of my embryos he agreed we should put 2 in.
Bryn Mawr

Super clean. Relatively short wait for the initial appointment, within less than 1 week of my call. Other doctors would have made us wait over a month. Possiblity of joining a clinical trial is encouraging. Mainline is the only fertility clinic in Philadelphia with the approval for clinical trials. Convenient appointment times before work... Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor. He invited questions and made sure we felt comfortable with all the information we gave him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very caring
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point. The thing that has made the most difference to us is his flexibility and willingness to provide more than one treatment option for us and allow us to decide what works the best for us.
Don't hesitate to ask questions- Dr. Gocial considers all your concerns and no question is too small.
Single embryo transfer has been recommended to us. For my husband and I, we will cross the bridge when we come to it and have a bigger discussion after our egg retrieval and when we know how many embryos we have

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Having multiple doctors means the scheduling is easier but that you may not always be with your doctor. Sometimes there is a long wait if you don’t get in first thing in the morning. They [Main Line Fertility] are really good at responding to emails and phone calls.... I think retrieval was around $25k and each FET was around $6-8k... [Nursing Staff] They were always very friendly. Sometimes I felt like it was chaotic with a lot to keep straight.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Having multiple doctors means the scheduling is easier but that you may not always be with your doctor. Sometimes there is a long wait if you don’t get in first thing in the morning. They are really good at responding to emails and phone calls.
He is very matter of fact and wasn’t into being buddy-buddy but he was extremely knowledgeable.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He knew a lot of the latest studies and had a lot of knowledge. He called me himself after two chemical pregnancies. He always had an option for continuing. He is he warmest but he knows his stuff and more has the attitude of Getting it done.
Ask questions, advocate for yourself. They only give you answers to the questions you ask. Come in with a list of what you want to know.
One egg retrieval, 5 FETs, two chemical pregnancies, one daughter. After the first chemical he had me try a protocol for NK cells with infusions.
I think retrieval was around $25k and each FET was around $6-8k

4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Glassner [at Main Line Fertility] always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles...Pros: Dedicated, smart, caring clinic. Always had appointments, short wait times, great bedside manner, good communication, payment options/discounts available, helped with medications when needed. I could go on forever! Cons: I wish we could see our charts and communicate online!
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Glassner is the most amazing person! He’s caring, determined and he knows what he’s doing!
Bridget, Terri, Rachel, & Regina we’re amazing!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
After a horrible experience with my 1st RE, he was determined to help me have a family. Dr. Glassner never gave up on me. He treated me with respect, he allowed me to grieve after each cycle and move to the next treatment at my pace.
Trust him, he knows what he is doing!!
Convenient times/days, fast appts, short waits, results called by 2pm. Nurses did majority of the visit, but Dr. was always available if I needed to talk to him.
We spent over $100,000 on treatments, our insurance didn’t cover much. Dr. Glassner always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles.
In my specific case, he recommended multiple embryo transfer due to the numerous unsuccessful cycles I had. He was allowed me to have a say in the decision as well. Together we thought 2 was the right choice. Our next transfer we’re only putting 1 in. He treats each patient & each cycle individually.

2012 - 2018
They [Main Line Fertility] r very organized!! My appointments are always on time. Max time i have needed to wait was 5 min. The secretaries are all sweet and kind! The clinic is also really clean and a nice environment! I totally recommend this place to everyone!... Dr Glassner treats me as if i am his only patient. He always starts off each visit with a warm word! And will sit with me and explain everything to me! Him and his nurses are the best
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They r very organized!! My appointments are always on time. Max time i have needed to wait was 5 min. The secretaries are all sweet and kind! The clinic is also really clean and a nice environment! I totally recommend this place to everyone!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Nicki)
She is so warm and kind! And always ready to listen and explain!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner always has something nice to say to lighten the mood and everyone feels comfortable around him! He listens to his patients needs! When one thing doesnt work he doesnt give up! He sits down and creates a new plan for u! He is also very supportive!
To just go to him! He is amazing!
We did a cycle of clomid. And then another (because i requested to try again) the. We tried ivf. My egg quality was not great so my cycle got canceled. We then did another ivf cycle which i had my daughter from. Recently we did another cycle which i did get pregnant, but had an early miscarriage.
We have insurance that covers 90% of the costs
Paoli

The office [Main Line Fertility] and nurses were a well oiled machine that guided me well throughout my monitoring and IUI. Once my pregnancy was confirmed they were not as helpful, but think thats because I was on my way out of the office (into a regular ob/gyn)... My results showed elevated prolactin, which a nurse only followed up on after I called about the results I saw in the online portal. About 2 weeks later the doctor called to follow up and prescribe the same thing initally done without any knowledge of doing it
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Very well organized office and staff- all have specialized jobs and practiced hand offs throughout the process. Very friendly and welcoming nurses, all staff was open to the different ways people decide to become parents
The office and nurses were a well oiled machine that guided me well throughout my monitoring and IUI. Once my pregnancy was confirmed they were not as helpful, but think thats because I was on my way out of the office (into a regular ob/gyn)
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Knowledgable, straight forward and understanding. He did not question my decision to use a sperm donor or my marital status, only offered his medical advice which was appreciated. He outlined the first approach and if that was unsuccessful options for next steps.
Bring questions to the initial consult and ask questions about next steps as you go along
I had elevated prolactin, which was managed with a month of medication prior to my IUI. Once those levels were normal I was cleared to take letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle, with an ultrasound on day 7. I used the trigger shot day 9 and had the Iui day11.
IUI was out of pocket-$480. Trigger shot was $75. All other visits/procedures were co pays

Endometriosis, PCOS
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is amazing. Everything about going here made me feel good and welcome. I never second guessed my decisions and I always believed in the staff. They were very professional as well and always acted very caring.... I 100% loved the nursing team here. Niki, Maureen, Bridget really stood out to me and were extremely helpful during this process. They were very patient and always answered my questions with compassion and quickly!
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is amazing. Everything about going here made me feel good and welcome. I never second guessed my decisions and I always believed in the staff. They were very professional as well and always acted very caring.
Dr Glassner treats his patients very kindly and treated my husband and I with a lot of respect and gave us a lot of confidence!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
I 100% loved the nursing team here. Niki, Maureen, Bridget really stood out to me and were extremely helpful during this process. They were very patient and always answered my questions with compassion and quickly! They also made me feel like I was always doing the right thing.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is by far the best fertility doctor I have ever seen. He is extremely compassionate and understanding and patient and honest. I loved going to see him and fully trusted him and his team were doing the right thing for my treatments each time.
He is an amazing doctor. Trust in him and the nurses and you will be fine. They are miracle workers!
About $13,000 since we started
Paoli

There could not be a better staff [at Main Line Fertility]. So many have gotten me on this journey so they are very sympathetic to what you are going through...Very good at calling back. Good communicator. But make sure to stay on top of your bill. They switched systems in the middle of us getting treated and it was a little Crazy to understand. They are good at scheduling when you need to be there and work around you work schedule
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Open honest and cared about us. Explained things and didn’t push us to do anything we were not ready for.
There could not be a better staff. So many have gotten me on this journey so they are very sympathetic to what you are going through
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He was there to answer any questions. When my mother in law died and we missed an IUI he personally called us. He cares about his patients and knows that this is an emotional journey. He takes his time to walk you though concerns and gives you his best senerio
Make sure to ask questions
My husband and I both tested well. No issues. Lining was always good. And I always stimulated well. Always had good sperm quality. We were shocked IUI didn’t work. We have now moved on to IVF and we have done retrieval and waiting to see how many we can implant

4 IUI, IVF
Many patients and it [Main Line Fertility] is run like a tight ship. You are in and out quickly. Which is good and bad. They always take extra time if you need it or ask for it. And are always open. All of the employees and doctors that I have been with at the practice are exceptional.... The women on the IVF team are some of the best women I have ever met. Caring and compassionate, open and encouraging. I could not have made it through infertility without their support
4 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Many patients and it is run like a tight ship. You are in and out quickly. Which is good and bad. They always take extra time if you need it or ask for it. And are always open. All of the employees and doctors that I have been with at the practice are exceptional.
I formed great relationships with the day to day nurses (Ivf), and have a good relationship w Dr Glassner. While I don’t seem him often, when I do I always feel as if I am his only patient and that he deeply cares that I get pregnant
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr G is a compassionate dr who deeply wants husband patients to experience pregnancy. He is always there when you need him and goes out of his way to help. That being said, he can also be brash and jovial in his bedside manner which some may find off putting. He is very confident in himself and his work, but he has reason to be. He has a vast knowledge and experience both personally and professionally.
Trust him and his process
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean, compassionate, knowledgeable, and conveniently located. The entire staff is sensitive and sympathetic to the sensitive situations you are going trough. Sometimes I would wait quite a while to be seen, this is the area they could improve...I was on a more aggressive treatment plan which included lipids, lovenox, and neupogen along with the other IVF drugs to help protect me and my baby from an auto-immune disease I have.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is clean, compassionate, knowledgeable, and conveniently located. The entire staff is sensitive and sympathetic to the sensitive situations you are going trough. Sometimes I would wait quite a while to be seen, this is the area they could improve.
Dr. Glassner has incredible bedside manner. He is compassionate when he needs to be, and funny when he needs to be.
Sweet angels who were always compassionate and helpful
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner never gave up on us, even in our hardest times. He was encouraging and compassionate. I truly credit him for getting us to our goals. He got personal, showing true emotion and empathy. He is incredibly knowledgeable and put us on an aggressive plan that worked.
He truly knows what he is doing. He is aggressive, but his forward thinking is what got us results. Ask questions so you are comfortable and understand completely your individual protocol.
I had some fertility coverage, but we ran out by the second retrieval.
I agree with Dr. Glassner's approach to do single embryo transfers. I felt he was thoughtful and considerate.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
We used donor eggs. Our plan was to purchase a full cycle from the donor. The coordinators [Main Line Fertility] got it mixed up and wrote us down for only half the harvest. I was informed the day before I started the medication that I didn't have a current mammogram on file and couldn't proceed without it.... The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength - they get the job done. Weakness - the number of patients and the wait. you truly feel like a number. at times, we were confused as to where we were and what we were doing there. no one explains once you are pregnant, you move the other side of the office.
We were ushered from one waiting room to the next and was shocked when we saw the same nurse. Everyone was incredibly friendly but they had a system down that moved everyone through as expediently as possible.
The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional. When we started to discuss egg donation, we made it clear our main concern was health and height - not that she look like me. The team couldn't understand that and sorted for us based on my characteristics.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
In our first meeting with him, he looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.
Be prepared for bad jokes.
Unfortunately, we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch.

1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
I just feel that they [the nurses] are all really good at their jobs - lots of knowledge and experience combined with compassion and reassurance. All of my questions were answers and my calls were returned promptly.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
The doctor focused mainly on the medical side of things and my treatment plan. The nurses were there to provide more of the human touch and encouragement. The doctor did hug me when I got pregnant though!
I just feel that they are all really good at their jobs - lots of knowledge and experience combined with compassion and reassurance. All of my questions were answers and my calls were returned promptly.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He got me pregnant on my first round of IVF so I can't argue with the results! I saw all three doctors in the practice at one time or another. I felt that Dr. Orris was more optimistic about the possibility of getting me pregnant through IUI (which was unsuccessful). It was after seeing Dr. Glassner that I was encouraged to move right on to IVF if I wanted to be aggressive about getting pregnant. Dr. Orris sometimes says some funny things, like "You've got a monster follicle that's about ready to blow" and prescribed my husband and I to "knock the boots" on certain dates! But he clearly knows what he is doing.
Stick with it, it works and he knows what he is doing!

2009 - 2012
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Appointment [at Main Line Fertility] in the morning are hard to come by. It is crowded but runs well...You are going to wait every time but it is worth the wait. Dr. Glass net will meet with you if you request it...When we lost our first baby I just brusted into tears and the nurse just held me and let me cry...We did a three day transfer the first time. Transferring two embryos and got pregnant with one baby. The second time we unfroze our two year old embryos and transferrred two at day five. We got pregnant with our now son.
2009 - 2012
Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Appointment in the morning are hard to come by. It is crowded but runs well. If getting your blood drawn make sure you drink a lot of water ahead of time. You are going to wait every time but it is worth the wait. Dr. Glass net will meet with you if you request it.
He always sat down with us and talked through everything. I needed hand holding throughout the process and he really was there for us.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He went above and beyond. He was willing to work with our budget and do the testing and procedures we asked for. He never gave up on us. He said he would do what it takes to get us pregnant and he did us that. When we lost our first baby at 11weeks he was so compassionate.
Speak your mind and tell him what you want and need. He will listen.
After all was said and done it was about $20,000

1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
The doctors at the office [Main Line Fertility] are very thorough. The nurses and staff are very kind and compassionate. They have empathy. I have been there several times when finding out i miscarried and they cried along with me. The office is well run and they keep appointments running close to on time.... Around $30,000. However, I am doing a donor cycle now that Dr. Glassner is giving me a scholarship. I will not pay any of the $16000 cost for eggs or procedure.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The doctors at the office are very thorough. The nurses and staff are very kind and compassionate. They have empathy. I have been there several times when finding out i miscarried and they cried along with me. The office is well run and they keep appointments running close to on time.
Dr. Glassner treats me as if I am his own daughter. He is kind and compassionate, but always tells it like it is.
The nursing staff has become family to me.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is the most honest, caring and thorough doctor I have ever had. He feels your pain and wants what’s best for you. He helps lighten the mood with humor. He is generous. He will work with you financially if you are struggling. Dr. Glassner is compassionate and treats you like family.
He has a great sense of humor and is excellent at his job!
It is like a well oiled machine.

2008 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
[Main Line Fertility is] Always willing to work with you [on cost]...I never had any complaints with anyone or anything. Everyone was wonderful at every visit...All the nursing staff was wonderful! So caring and loving...Michael Glassner always went over and beyond to help us and do the best he could do to give us a family. Always honest and blunt. Treated us like family!! Took the time out for me every visit and never felt like just a patient.
2008 - 2018
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I never had any complaints with anyone or anything. Everyone was wonderful at every visit. Just be prepared and go in with a open mind and bring a pen and paper to write everything down. Lots of info to try to remember.
Always took the time for me and always honest good or bad
All the nursing staff was wonderful! So caring and loving
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
How much he cares for his patients
Great lining to get the ivf process moving. Birth control to get a period. Z-pack- PIO- vaginal suppositories- doxycycline-
Always willing to work with you
Always let us make the decision. We always did 2 embryos at a time.
Paoli

It's [Main Line Fertility] very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr...The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor [Glassner] himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive...Spend as much time as possible with his PA, Rachel. She is kind, warm, compassionate and willing to spend time to explain things carefully.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr.
The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I think he is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.

2012 - 2013
everyone there [Main Line Fertility-Bryn Mawr] was compassionate and helpful. the only thing I didn't like was the sappy-sweet inspiration signs on the walls, like "not yet in my arms, already in my heart" - those kinds of signs don't help me feel any better about having to undergo fertility treatments... approx $8,000 for IVF in 2012, not including medications.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
everyone there was compassionate and helpful. the only thing I didn't like was the sappy-sweet inspiration signs on the walls, like "not yet in my arms, already in my heart" - those kinds of signs don't help me feel any better about having to undergo fertility treatments.
He took the time to explain to me what his thinking was. When I had a failed transfer and a chemical pregnancy that was not progressing, he called me to talk to me about it and reassure me that it wasn't my fault.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Daria)
they were all supportive and wonderful.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He was very smart and got me out of there in less than a year. He did not waste my time and I appreciated that. he seemed very smart and knowledgable about the latest technologies and what was available to me.
He can seem brusque sometimes, but he cares about his patients and doesn't waste your time.
2 cycles IVF. also tried clomid for 2 cycles
approx $8,000 for IVF in 2012, not including medications.
Bryn Mawr
[Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious... Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.... Dr Glassner is very candid. He treats his patients as he would treat his family members. While he can be hard to get a hold of, he knows what he is doing. He is very logical which might rub some people the wrong way but I appreciate.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Good reputation Good location Long wait times can be frustrating Busy office can make you feel like a number Sometimes office staff can be less helpful or forget you haven't done this before and you're anxious.
Long wait times.
Nursing staff is willing to answer my questions when I ask.
Don't get offended
Most was covered by insurance
2013 - 2014
They [the nurses at Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.... Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he [Dr. Michael Glassner] would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.... His [Dr. Michael Glassner] philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins
2013 - 2014
Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.
They are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would absolutely recommend if the person knows there will be quick visits, not a lot of fluff. Just follow his directions. He knows what he’s doing. If you want more of a bedside manner and explanations he won’t be a good match.
Just do as he says.
Don’t remember specifics but we did adjust meds during last IVF session. Also re-evaluated clomid/iui after finished results.
His philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins.

2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
...the nurses [at Main Line Fertility - Paoli] are extremely empathetic. When I had a couple of cycles that resulted in negative tests, they - specially Margie - understood my pain and talked me through it. The time I was going to the clinic was very emotionally challenging for me, but it produced my twin boys via ivf and I really can't say enough positive things about the nurses and dr Glassner...Clinic has excellent communication and keeps you apprised of what is happening, takes emergency calls etc
2012 - 2014
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
...the nurses are extremely empathetic. When I had a couple of cycles that resulted in negative tests, they - specially Margie - understood my pain and talked me through it. The time I was going to the clinic was very emotionally challenging for me, but it produced my twin boys via ivf and I really can't say enough positive things about the nurses and dr Glassner.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner and the nurses took my concerns seriously and explained all the treatment plans in depth. Dr. Glassner let me have a voice in all decisions related to my care. That, in my opinion, is what makes the practice so good...
Be honest about your expectations

4 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
The nurses at Main Line Fertility are amazing. They are true professionals and extremely compassionate...I spent more time with the nurses than with Dr. Orris...Don't dismiss the PGD testing. This was the key to the success of my IVF. It was an investment but it ended up saving us money as we only did one transfer with a perfect embryo.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
The nurses at Main Line Fertility are amazing. They are true professionals and extremely compassionate. You know they are rooting for you.
They were patient and compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I spent more time with the nurses than with Dr. Orris. However, my interactions with him were always positive and I had complete confidence in him the first time I met him.

2011 - 2013
[Dr. John Orris was] ppen, honest, knowledgeable, personable with patients. Cares about you and your goals. I am forever thankful for him and his help to get pregnant...Most of the staff [at Main Line Fertility] was amazing. There was one or two who I didn't care for. But as humans we can't like everyone...Expensive above what insurance covered. But John worked with me
2011 - 2013