825 Old Lancaster Rd.
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500

Treated 2020
We consulted with Dr. El-Roiey after a year and a half of infertility. He went through and did all of the diagnostics, and blatantly told us we “needed IVF” and this was our only option to conceive. I am 26, my husband is 27. We were not expecting some terrible news like this, and he was hardly compassionate. He was unwilling to try other options than IVF and when I asked questions just felt like he was annoyed by the questions I had after researching.
Strength [of Main Line Fertility] is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. ... The nurses that I had met were nice and compassionate but also felt rushed at some points.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
I felt as though he lacked compassion and that all he cared about was “selling” IVF. He was uninterested in helping us understand and was less than willing to research why my husbands sperm count was so low.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
Expect bluntness- he has no bedside manner. Expect to be your own advocate and ASK QUESTIONS. He will question why you have so many questions but otherwise you won’t get much out of him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols Albert El-Roeiy used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
we only went through initial diagnostics with him. When he gave us the only option of IVF (which we could not afford with him), we went for a second opinion elsewhere and are much happier.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. I feel Dr. El-Roiey lacks compassion and is so used to people just agreeing to IVF he doesn’t see the need to do other testing or procedures, and if you can’t afford that or don’t agree with him than he is uninterested in helping you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility .
Copays for consults, other than that didn’t pay anything out of pocket. IVF at their facility runs close to $20k.
Albert El-Roeiy
Treated 2020
He [Dr. El-Roeiy] had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail...the results from the procedure [HSG] were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will
The billing department [at Main Line Fertility] never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all...everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage)
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
The procedure I had (saline hysterosonography) was the most painful medical experience I've ever had due to technique and the use of a tenaculum (old-fashioned gyn device that pierces through your cervix to hold it in place). Subsequently four OB/REI providers have told me that they never use this draconian device on women anymore as it is painful and not needed. I have had subsequent hysteroscopy, CVS and other cervical procedures without the tenaculum and zero pain. Furthermore, the results from the procedure were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will not make an effort to work with you/respond to any messages or questions.
Run away, there are far more caring and evidence-based physicians in the area.
He had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The billing department never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all.
800+336 for semen analysis and freezing of two specimens
Albert El-Roeiy
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. John Orris] was pretty dictatorial and didn't describe rationales, other than being "aggressive"--his favorite word evidently...He made no real effort to listen to our specific concerns. Instead, he seemed to assume that he knew right away what our problem was and he recommended a cookie-cutter approach that did not seem to take any of our particulars into account. He kept using generic language like, "we'll get you pregnant," completely disregarding that our problem was repeated miscarriages and that in fact we conceived easily several times on our own.
The Bryn Mawr office [of Main Line Fertility] has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Strengths: He represented himself as wanting to take an "aggressive" approach (he used that word a lot), and that sounded appealing to us. I wasn't getting any younger and we just wanted to hurry up and have the kid already. Weaknesses/things that were not to my taste: As I said before, he seemed to take somewhat of a generic, impersonal approach to our case. He talked about getting me pregnant rather than getting me a live birth (my problem was/is multiple miscarriages and I felt he was not paying attention to that). He did not ask any particulars about the past miscarriages and did not seem to think that any details were relevant. He adopted a very masculine/"bro" attitude toward my husband; maybe other men like that or feel it addresses their insecurity around infertility treatments but we thought it was weird. He informed me what we were going to do (medicated cycles, combo of clomid/letrozole), rather than advising and explaining a course of treatment. The first cycle (clomid + timed intercourse) did not work. The second cycle when I came in shortly before ovulation, he informed me (rather than suggesting to me) that we were going to do an IUI. When I expressed some hesitation, saying that I'd heard success rates were not much higher than timed intercourse for people with my medical history, he retorted in a snappy tone of voice, "Fine, then don't do it." And turned away and started ignoring me. I finally agreed to the IUI but I felt like I was bullied into it. It didn't work anyway. For the first time in my life I was having trouble getting pregnant--when I had come to him not for help conceiving but with figuring out what was happening with my miscarriages. The following year, I went back to MLF for monitoring on a new pregnancy (that we conceived on our own, not with their help) and ended up seeing him a couple times during that period. First, he gave me false hope when Dr Glassner had been telling me to prepare for another loss; when it finally ended in miscarriage again he came across as cold and unsympathetic. He scheduled me for a D&C--did not ask my opinion or preference--and again started talking about "getting aggressive". I let him do the procedure but I will never go back to him after this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Stand up for yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
When he was ready to see you, he would stand at the end of the hall and shout your name (rather than looking into the waiting room and making eye contact). He made no real effort to listen to our specific concerns. Instead, he seemed to assume that he knew right away what our problem was and he recommended a cookie-cutter approach that did not seem to take any of our particulars into account. He kept using generic language like, "we'll get you pregnant," completely disregarding that our problem was repeated miscarriages and that in fact we conceived easily several times on our own. To be fair, I think he *thought* he was being personable and congenial, making chitchat, but it came off as insincere and like he was not really listening.
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
1st cycle--100 clomid 2nd cycle--150 clomid, 5 letrozole He was pretty dictatorial and didn't describe rationales, other than being "aggressive"--his favorite word evidently.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's nice that they have multiple locations, however, you should know that most of the doctors rotate between locations. I chose the clinic mostly for its location in Bryn Mawr, but then I found out that if I wanted to keep seeing my same doctor I had to travel occasionally to the West Chester and Paoli locations as well. The nurses also change locations so it's hard to get to know them. The Bryn Mawr office has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history. If you are willing to walk five minutes at the Bryn Mawr office, you can get free street parking. I wish they had electronic medical records and some sort of patient portal where we could log in and see our test results. With these huge paper files, it feels like a different decade. Also, sometimes they would forget to forward my file to the appropriate office where my appointment was on a particular day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
My insurance doesn't cover IVF but does cover other infertility procedures, medications, etc. So I just had a $35 copay with each visit
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
I think they are all a bit disorganized--front desk, doctors, everyone. My initial doctor didn't order a full reproductive loss panel though I had had repeated miscarriages; I've had nurses say they are going to call with test results and then they don't; nurses say they are going to call in prescriptions and then they don't; and one time I called to schedule a new cycle with my particular doctor and the receptionist scheduled me with him for a date and time at an office location where he wasn't even going to be on that particular day! I showed up for the appointment and they looked at me like I was crazy--"Dr Orris is never here on Wednesdays" etc. The doctor who was there was able to squeeze me in, but none of this was reassuring.
Philadelphia
I saw Dr. Orris 3 times. The first two felt fine, but the last one was really uncomfortable. I had assumed we were stopping because the previous cycles had not been successful, and I was exhausted and ready to go elsewhere and try a new approach. But he seemed irritated with me, somewhat dismissive, and just told me what to do, even though the logistics of it presented a huge challenge given that I was also in the processing of moving across country, changing jobs and had no local clinic set up...we did an ERA cycle which was almost cancelled because my lining didn't thicken sufficiently, but Dr. Orris continued it anyway and did the ERA (which I had to pay out of pocket for). Only later did I learn from another reproductive endocrinologist at a large teaching hospital that ERA is not an especially useful test in the best of circumstances, and that a result from the end of what would otherwise have been considered a failed cycle cannot be interpreted in any way that would guide treatment during a successful cycle.
I thought they [the nurses at Main Line Fertility] were very friendly, kind, and good communicators. But after my last appointment I struggled on the "priming" estrogen and when I stopped after 2 weeks of high-dose estrogen, it took a combination of at least 6 emails and phone calls over 2 days to get a progesterone prescription called in...Little explanation of what was being done and why; poor documentation; ERA that should not have been done; and at the end a general feeling of paternalism rather than compassion or interest in discussing what I wanted in that situation.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I'm somewhat concerned about the communication, record-keeping/tracking and even the quality of care. I was told during a hysteroscopy that a biopsy was being taken (though not why or what it would inform) and it was noted in the report, but apparently nothing was sent to the lab and it was never reconciled as to why. Also, I keep copies of all of my medical records for times when I change providers, but the hysteroscopy - and all other treatment cycle notes - were scant, hand-written notes that other reproductive endocrinologists who reviewed them found surprisingly limited and difficult to interpret. Every diagnostic or treatment I've undergone elsewhere came with a complete typed report clearly describing what was done, why, and the outcome. Also, we did an ERA cycle which was almost cancelled because my lining didn't thicken sufficiently, but Dr. Orris continued it anyway and did the ERA (which I had to pay out of pocket for). Only later did I learn from another reproductive endocrinologist at a large teaching hospital that ERA is not an especially useful test in the best of circumstances, and that a result from the end of what would otherwise have been considered a failed cycle cannot be interpreted in any way that would guide treatment during a successful cycle. So if I really wanted a result that had any chance of being a predictive guide, I'd have to do (and pay for) it again.
Walk into every appointment with a list of questions and don't leave without answers. Ask for everything to be explained and documented clearly. And if it just doesn't feel right, speak up.
FET prep cycles using oral estrogen and patches, progesterone in oil injections and progesterone vaginal suppositories.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
I thought they were very friendly, kind, and good communicators. But after my last appointment I struggled on the "priming" estrogen and when I stopped after 2 weeks of high-dose estrogen, it took a combination of at least 6 emails and phone calls over 2 days to get a progesterone prescription called in. I felt fairly abandoned medically at that point.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Front office staff were friendly and it was relatively easy to schedule appointments. They have several locations so there's some flexibility in where to go. I probably would not use them for outside monitoring as their notes are all handwritten and not necessarily clear and complete for others to review and make decisions based on. I don't have the impression that they're a referral clinic you would go to for any especially complicated situation. Also, the fees were not explained clearly or in any detail up front, so there were some surprises there later.
I have excellent insurance that covered most of the costs. However, I did have to pay out-of-pocket for the ERA biopsy and for the donor embryo. I was somewhat surprised at the "restocking" fee when the cycle was cancelled as the embryo was not touched and there was no legal paperwork involved (at least none that I was party to, and I would imagine I would have to have been for there to have been a legal transfer).
Bryn Mawr
I am healthy and ovulate on my own, so we went right to Clomid and Letrizole to increase my follicle production each month (4 months). However, she [Dr. Brasile] would only guess as to when we should have sex. I was never given injections to initiate ovulation...The doctor never explained that endometriosis could affect fertility in various ways, even if my tubes are open. She didn’t make the correlation between my low AMH and high FSH. She guessed each month as to when I might ovulate, rather than suggesting injections to know exactly when I would ovulate and should have intercourse. I feel like I wasted a year of trying to conceive.
They [Main Line Fertility] are always very busy. Wait times can be long, even early in the morning. The nurses are very nice but don’t expect to see your doctor after every visit. Even when you need to discuss a plan for the following month...They barely remembered me each visit even though I saw them multiple times per week for 5 months...My doctor was not in the office when I did IUI and nobody ever followed up with me afterward. I decided to see a different doctor after that.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
We felt very confident with her at first, but after time I felt like just a number. I saw her less and less. I felt like I wasn’t given much attention because I wasn’t at a point to pay for IVF yet. Neither Dr. Brazile not anyone from the practice followed up with me after I underwent IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
I would suggest seeking a second opinion if you feel something isn’t right. After just one consultation with a second doctor, we figured out two major things that Dr. Brasile failed to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
They barely remembered me each visit even though I saw them multiple times per week for 5 months. The doctor would only guess when we should have timed intercourse and the nurse mixed up my file with another woman. My doctor was not in the office when I did IUI and nobody ever followed up with me afterward. I decided to see a different doctor after that.
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
I am healthy and ovulate on my own, so we went right to Clomid and Letrizole to increase my follicle production each month (4 months). However, she would only guess as to when we should have sex. I was never given injections to initiate ovulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses and ultrasound tech were always very nice.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are always very busy. Wait times can be long, even early in the morning. The nurses are very nice but don’t expect to see your doctor after every visit. Even when you need to discuss a plan for the following month.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
My insurance covered everything but IUI, IVF, and genetic testing. It was just a specialist co-pay.
Deanna Brasile
Paoli
The strengths [Main Line Fertility] are in the Dr.s and the monitoring team. I love them! Really love them! I somehow leave every blood and ultrasound appointment hopeful and smiling. However, the downside is as bad as the upside is good. Billing is a nightmare. To the point that they’ve stressed me out so bad with incorrect (and surprise) bills, to the tune of $18,000, that I’m considering delaying my embryo transfer. The stress is just not healthy and could diminish my odds.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr.Brasile has been wonderful. I find her to be a healthy balance of both compassion and matter-of-fact. She's obviously very confident in her position and knows what she's doing, so she can come across as hurried, but she always takes the time to answer all of my questions and make sure I know what to expect next. And when I freaked out to the point of tears and passing out from working myself up over my first hysteroscopy, she was so kind and comforting. Didn't make me feel like the mess I was, which I totally appreciated. When I came out of my first egg retrieval with only one healthy embryo, she adjusted the plan and our course of action. She recommended another round of stims and retrieval, but left it completely up to us, no pressure. We agreed, upped my meds and went at it again. We're currently waiting for our embryo transfer. All of that said, it wouldn’t be fair to leave out that I was beyond devastated when she accidentally told me the sex of the embryo.....I believe accidents happen and I don’t know who is to blame for the slip. It doesn’t really matter. Just a part of our story now.
Ask a lot of questions. If you don’t ask, she doesn’t know you’re not clear on the process or terms and she’ll keep moving. And don’t expect her to be at all, or even most, appointments.
During the process, I saw Dr. Brasile for my consultations, hysteroscopies, and egg retrievals. Just the major stuff. For all of my other (MANY) appointments I only saw the monitoring/care team, which I assume is the norm. Most of the time I've had no idea who I'd be seeing, but I've loved every one of the girls more than the last, so it hasn't been a problem. Just kind of feels like a "take a number" situation in the waiting room.
For me, it was pretty basic protocol. We’re there because my husbands vasectomy reversal was not successful. Luckily, my fertility is only limited as much as any other 38 year old woman’s, no specific issues. So I started with menopur and gonal f in the morning and at night. A few days later we added cetrotide, and then lupron and trigger shot 48 hours before retrieval. I got 8 eggs with 5 fertilized that round. Only 1made it to blastocyte stage. Dr. Brasile recommended another round to get more eggs and have better odds, which we agreed with. She upped my doses and we got 15 eggs that round, with 2 embryos making it to blast. We opted for genetic screening, sending all 3 embryos from both rounds, and ended up with one healthy embryo waiting for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff is the best! They are friendly, kind, compassionate, hopeful, positive people! There were multiple times I went in for an appointment and was just sad or not 100%, but the ladies always made me feel better, mostly just by being the smiley bubbly wonderful humans they are. The check out lady..not so much.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strengths are in the Dr.s and the monitoring team. I love them! Really love them! I somehow leave every blood and ultrasound appointment hopeful and smiling. However, the downside is as bad as the upside is good. Billing is a nightmare. To the point that they’ve stressed me out so bad with incorrect (and surprise) bills, to the tune of $18,000, that I’m considering delaying my embryo transfer. The stress is just not healthy and could diminish my odds. All of the humanity and care is gone once money is involved. This goes for the checkout woman, cold, rude, and quick to dismiss you, right up to the billing department. Somehow after every encounter with them, they make us feel like we’re the very first people to go through IVF and the insurance process with them. It is awful! The same conversations over and over again, using cash we gave them for one thing to pay for things they were supposed to submit to insurance, and just plain impossible to deal with. The process of IVF is hard..the hardest, most emotionally and financially stressful thing most people ever have to go through..this is lost on anyone at mainline who deals with money. I will say that at the beginning of this process, i was terrified, scared to death..of needles, hormones, surgeries, all of it. I got through that part, proved my strength to myself and got past it. The billing process and people were the only thing that has sparked the slightest thought of quitting. I cried more because of their stress than any part of the actual medical process. So unless you are paying cash, or have hours upon hours upon hours to spend going between insurance companies and the mainline billing department...well, just be sure to check our more than one place’s reviews. The good and the bad. The billing department is the reason I’m looking into another clinic in NY for any future treatment if needed.
I’m not sure..billing is a mess. If we consider what we’ve paid out of pocket, what insurance has paid, and what our latest bill says we owe, we’re well over double the original estimate.
Describe Deanna Brasile's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
We haven’t transferred yet, and we only have 1 embryo to work with, but given a choice I would have liked to implant 2. I asked about that early on, before I knew my numbers, and was told multiple times that they would only do 1 at a time. Had I ended up with more than 1, I would have fought them on this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
They failed to let us know exactly what we were paying for and when. They failed to submit bills to insurance. They failed to give us an estimate anywhere near the actual cost.
Deanna Brasile

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Glassner speaks very quickly and answers questions without much detail. My husband had a vasectomy which is why we have been going through IVF. He never explained that the sperm aspiration could prevent us from successfully reversing the vasectomy later. When we did not see the predicted follicle growth he never changed course. He only personally performed one of my three embryo transfers
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office [Main Line Fertility] through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Do your own research and ask questions. He is very charming and quickly won my husband and I over. Once we became a more difficult case instead of spending more time investing our case he told us what we wanted to hear to get more money. Try a cycle but if you are a complicated case get a second opinion early.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner spent very little time with us. He often met with us for no more than 5-10 min at a time. When we had our miscarriage he escorted out of the back of the building. It was horrible. We just learned we had lost a child and he escorted us out the back door. It was the worst day of our lives and he showed such callousness.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with Gonal F, menipur and cetrotide. We retrieved 10 eggs with three embryos. We transferred two with a positive pregnancy test. That lead to miscarriage. Rationale was he saw nothing besides my husband’s previous vasectomy preventing us from conceiving. Second cycle: only Gonal F. We were part of a study of Gonal F he recommended. We were told we were good candidates. We only had 7 eggs. In the end we had two embryos that were abnormal after PGS. Third cycle, he said let’s put everything into it. We did human growth hormone, Gonal F, Lupron and Lovenox. He said that the growth hormone was shown to improve egg quality. Lovenox because I showed some elevated clotting factor. They decided to trigger me earlier than I had anticipated. In the end the majority of my eggs were immature. This after we only had 7 follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing team is the only reason we continued to stay with this office through our failed cycles. They were kind when we miscarried. They communicated with us through our every step of the way. When I had a question it was the nursing staff that got us an answer from Dr. Glassner. They shared in our happiness, our frustration and our sadness. The nursing staff at Mainline were the ray of light in what has been an incredibly hard journey.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strength of the clinic is by far the nursing staff and the women who run clinical trials. Be persistent with Dr Glassner speak up for yourself and don’t let him hurry you through your appointment. It is easy to rely on the nurses because they are so competent. But remember he is your doctor. I also found it helpful to take notes during our meetings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
Over three cycles with meds we have spent approximately $75,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
We were referred to a urologist that Dr. Glassner preferred to work with. He is also affiliated with Bryn Mar hospital. We were told Mainline would coordinate the speed aspiration and egg retrieval with their preferred urologist. The day we triggered for our first cycle we received a call that the urologist was not available for our retrieval. They sent us to another urologist who we had never met the day before egg retrieval. We had to come out of pocket last minute for another $3,000 +.
Treated 2010 - 2011
I felt rushed along though I felt like he [ Dr. Glassner] cared about me in treatment...Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case.
In general, though some of the drugs were causing ill health effects (high blood pressure to go to the hospital, unusual bleeding) was not addressed. Focus [at Main Line Fertility] was on conception... [The nurses were] kind even when I was actively losing a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My case was a HARD case of unexplained. If you have uncomplicated infertility issues (blocked tubes, low sperm count) I think he would be great. If you have a more complicated case involving uterine or pregnancy losses for unknown reasons, I am not sure it will be the best fit. Sometimes I felt like he was too flippant and cocksure that he'd be able to get me pregnant and didn't have enough regard for the emotional effects. On the other hand, I think he did give me unique care and didn't treat me like a number, he did try to tailor things for my case. He though, along with 3/4 other docs I saw missed underlying Endometriosis and Adenomyosis which surely interfering with implantation.
He's flexible , willing to try new things
I felt rushed along though I felt like he cared about me in treatment and seemed like he really wanted me to get pregnant. However when we were struggling with whether to continue, he didn't listen to the emotional impacts it was having and the effect it was having. I also feel he was willing to overlook some significant medical problems I was having because I was in treatment. I was so desperate for a baby I looked away.
We tried a low dose antagonist cycle (ectopic pregnancy after IVF) and an agonist cycle (biochemical pregnancy) , which no other clinic was willing to try with me. It did produce my highest quality embryos. In the end, uterine reasons for my losses were not explored. I was presenting with many Endometriosis symptoms, yet no lap was done, even after the ectopic.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Kind even when i was actively losing a pregnancy
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
In general, though some of the drugs were causing ill health effects (high blood pressure to go to the hospital, unusual bleeding) was not addressed. Focus was on conception.
Treated 2014
[Dr. Michael Glassner] Very experienced and skillful. Too bad that I went through painful polyp removal surgery instead of fixing my husbands' fertility problems on the first place. I cannot find explanation why they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations...As of today, I wish doctor would point as soon as possible to the low count problem, without scheduling me for 2 surgeries removing polyps
[Main Line Fertility has a] Convenient location, schedule, facility. But I was so depressed for several weeks that this pain was so sharp during polyp surgery, and I had a panic attack because I was holding on until surgery was finished. If now any doctor would try to convince me that I have to do the same procedure in order to get pregnant, I would refuse...they do not offer serious anesthetics , but instead suggest to take Tylenol pills before performing painful operations.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Very professional attitude, nice and easy to talk to
Once only prescribed Chlomid for me, but I was anyway producing enough. I don't think I even needed it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Over all nurses are sweet. But I wish they would be more straight to the point explaining me possible painful reaction during polyp removal. My second surgery was unbearably painful. I took Tylenol, which is useless in this situation. They clearly don't say how bad it could be. No wonder people prefer anastasia. But nobody offered me anything like that.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
copays, insurance mostly covered expences
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Did not get to that point
Paoli

I just felt like there were so many patients he [Dr. John Orris] didn’t even know who we were...Aggressive with meds - pushes for IVF...Prefers single [embryo transfer]...I just felt like a number and like he didn’t really care. He also made things sound super easy like it would definitely happen and 20 grand later it didn’t. It was disappointing to say the least. I felt misled...I think that dr orris really pushes I’vf...don’t really give you too much personal attention or compassion and kind of don’t explain things fully in the beginning
They [Main Line Fertility] charged me like over $50 for a copy of my chart...Over $20k for one IVF cycle...I think that dr orris really pushes I’vf. The clinic is big and it’s hard not to feel like a number. They don’t really give you too much personal attention or compassion and kind of don’t explain things fully in the beginning...They [nurses] were mostly okay but I found some of them in the west Chester office short and uncompassionate. They just weren’t very caring. I liked the Bryan mawr staff better
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Maybe see the woman she’s nicer
I just felt like there were so many patients he didn’t even know who we were
Aggressive with meds - pushes for IVF
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They were mostly okay but I found some of them in the west Chester office short and uncompassionate. They just weren’t very caring. I liked the Bryan mawr staff better
Over $20k for one IVF cycle