825 Old Lancaster Rd.
484.258.2880
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500

He [Dr. Glassner] is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing [at Main Line Fertility] to help us get the best results possible...The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated...We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD...There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is confident, is able to build rapport very quickly and explains the tests, treatments and plan very accurately without overwhelming us. I am fortunate to be in the medical field, but my husband is not, but Dr. Glassner was patient with him and was able to communicate equally well with both of us. He is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is an incredibly confident, capable doctor who really listens to what the patients' needs and goals. He is energetic and upbeat, and though may seem blunt at times, I think he really cares about each patient. I feel incredibly fortunate to be one of his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
After 2 miscarriages, we went to see Dr. Glassner for help. We were able to conceive after 6 cycles, but we found out that the pregnancy was not normal, though we weren't sure why initially. Dr. Glassner and his team helped us through the few first days after finding out our pregnancy was not going to continue. He was able to determine the cause and spent hours working with us to determine a treatment and the next steps. After going through 2 miscarriages alone, with only minimal input from our regular OB/Gyn, Dr Glassner's help and assistance lessened the heartache, sadness and confusion and has us optimistic for the next steps. We told ourselves we would not continue pursuing having a child, but his support is helping us to keep trying to achieve our dream of becoming parents.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Because of our previous miscarriages, we knew we could get pregnant, but we were concerned of the quality of the eggs. We were also worried that we were getting older, so the odds of miscarriage was only going to increase. Initially we said that IVF was off the table and that if we had another miscarriage, we were going to stop trying. Dr. Glassner agreed that we could just try medications like Clomid and Femara to help us get pregnant again faster and hope that the pregnancy would be successful. We used just clomid for 4 cycles with no luck. We then moved to clomid and femara with IUI and were able to get pregnant on our 2nd cycle. We saw a gestational sac initially, but a week later there was nothing in the uterus but a probable ectopic pregnancy was found on my ovary. We discussed options, including surgery to diagnose exactly what was going on, but Dr. Glassner was able to help with non-invasive treatment. Even though we are devastated to lose another pregnancy, Dr. Glassner's support and confidence helped us make the decision to move forward. We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing to help us get the best results possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated. During our current miscarriage, the nurses have helped us through each step of the way and have been incredibly compassionate and have helped us understand what is happening. They are making this terrible situation bearable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This is a beautiful clinic, the facility is brand new and very professional. The receptionists are fantastic, I always feel welcomed and it seems like they always know who the clients are. There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
So far we have had minimal costs other than co-pays. We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner is so kind and spends time with you answering every question that you may have...will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough...Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!...We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
they [staff at Main Line Fertility] are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!...Each and every nurse is extremely kind and helpful. If you have questions they will literally stop what that are doing and bring you into a consult room to re-review until you are completely comfortable. Amazing team!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough and will answer any and all questions that you may have. Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!
You can put your trust in Dr. Glassner, take a breath and know he will do the absolute best for you
First IVF retrieval med combo of Gonal-F/ Menapur. We didn't get as many mature eggs as we thought/hoped. Dr. Glassner decided we needed to slow the process down for my body. So for my second IVF retrieval he did a med combo Birth control (3 weeks), then Gonal-F/ Menapur/lupron. This process was longer, but so worth it. We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
You will be very impressed with this clinic, they are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Efficient well oiled machine. You are called back for blood work (super quick and easy), then you wait in a small waiting room (usually very brief), brought into private room for ultra sound, nurse discussion. If Dr. wants to see you you would then see them, or could request to see them. They call you around 3 pm that day with any results from blood-work or adjustments to be made to medications or protocol.
PGT- genetic testing of embryos- $3200 $9000 IVF cycle without insurance? (includes all) Medications - 2-4000$ insurance can cover Embryo transfer $3500 (includes all)
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Strong preference to transfer one embryo at a time. Now, we had done genetic testing on the embryos and everything seems normal on my end, I am not sure if his preference would change with different patients - I'd imagine so
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr Brasile has been very transparent, and informative. She explains everything in detail and always answers any questions we may have. She explains things in an easy to understand manner, and makes sure we understand. She has been supportive throughout the entire process. ... We originally started with just taking clomid, then added letrozole. These drugs were to help produce more/better "follicles". I was having trouble with one of my tubes (blockage), so it was recommended I pause treatment and have it removed (which I did). We are now back on track with meds, and have since done 2 IUI procedures.
The nursing staff [Main Line Fertility] has been absolutely amazing. They are organized and efficient. They greet every single patient with a smile, and are very understanding and compassionate. They keep us on track with appointments and reminders, and offer a friendly face while doing so. ... The clinic is always organized and clean. The appointments are usually on time, and everyone is taken care of. I have never felt rushed, or delayed. They are very good at making sure you don't have any unanswered questions or concerns before leaving also.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is very direct, which I appreciate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Everyone is friendly and professional. They speak to you by name every time, and do their best to review your case prior to any appointments, so they have the latest and most accurate info. They have been supportive and informative every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff has been absolutely amazing. They are organized and efficient. They greet every single patient with a smile, and are very understanding and compassionate. They keep us on track with appointments and reminders, and offer a friendly face while doing so.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
the diagnostics associated with my case have been covered by insurance, with the exception of a co-pay for each visit. IUI is not covered by my insurance and is around $500. IVF is also not covered, but they do offer discounted rates to participant in clinical trials (about half off of the treatment cost).

Treated 2020
Dr. Glassner spent time to get to know my situation and fertility history. He offered all possibly courses of action and treatment. He explained all possible courses and what those outcomes could be. He gave me and my partner time to decide the course we wanted to take and worked with us to complete that. ... My cycles began using follistim injectable medication because in the past I had used both clomid and letrazole without successful pregnancy. He monitored my cycle closely and when he determined it was time to trigger he performed a post coital test. The test did not show live sperm so IUI was suggested as the best course of treatment so this was done after triggering.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair. ... All of the nursing staff I encountered was pleasant, caring and compassionate. They were always available for questions and made the process very seamless. Alissa was extremely helpful and available to me.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be open with Dr. Glassner and ask any questions you may have about your treatment. He is very helpful.
Dr. Glassner and his staff where compassionate and helpful. The first thing they did was offer empathy for my situation and ask how I was dealing with everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Alissa Barrie)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair.
The costs for my treatment where reasonable after insurance. I have worked with a few fertility doctors and they seem very standard.
I did not have this type of procedure.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for....Dr. Glassner is super understanding and compassionate while also very smart. He has seen tons of cases and knows which is the best path for you. He does not push anything on you. I came to him after four natural miscarriages, he laid out our best path and though I wasn't quite ready to start where he suggested, he was totally understanding of that and we set a different path. Also, when we first met him, he really felt for my husband during all of this, which no one really had before.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you....This clinic is clean and new. Everything is run smoothly from sign in to when you are called back. There are times that you may wait and it may be very crowded, but that is because they take their time with each patient.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Trust him and if you have any uncertainties ask questions. He is honest and upfront.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you. He takes the time to answer all questions, give you his honest opinion and when needed a hug or encouraging words. After my fifth miscarriage, first under his care, he was kind enough to let me slip out the back door so I did not need to see anyone else. He is a super caring doctor.
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for. My first cycle he just monitored it. The second one we again just monitored it, but they did put me on progesterone post ovulation and baby aspirin (as a clot disorder came back in the panel). This cycle we achieved pregnancy on our own. However, this also ended in a miscarriage. We again did a natural cycle followed by one with Letrozole and monitoring. And now here we are in the middle of COVID. We were planning to move towards IVF once this is over.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses are great and kept everything running smoothly. Everyone is so nice and compassionate. When I got pregnant they were excited but also understood my pause for concern. When I miscarried they were right there with me. If I ever had questions and called one of them would call me back that day.
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Gocial was adamant about single embryo transfers...was always heart felt, never felt rushed, called me back, answered all my questions...he quotes studies and facts, tells you percentage of success rates. I am so happy to be in his care. He is responsive and I always know I can contact him and he will call back. He makes sure to answer all of my questions, and helps guide my next choice...he is very respectful of your choices...At first we did letrozole, and I was monitored for ovulation, we did timed intercourse. Next, round I also did letrozole with a higher dose and timed intercourse. Followed, letrozole and clomid with timed intercourse. We then did genetric testing which delayed us for a month. Following, we did clomid and letrozole with IUI, the following round i was not as resp
we did clomid and letrozole with IUI [at Main Line Fertility], the following round i was not as responsive, so we tried injectables and IUI, and then we began the ivF journey...Barb my nurse is an angel, she is responsible, returns calls, knows my treatment plan. Karen the front desk was always accommodating while making appointments...They use paper charting, and I think some of the pieces of paper got ripped or it seemed hard to find
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is exceptionally compassionate, kind, ans caring.. I trust his expertise, he quotes studies and facts, tells you percentage of success rates. I am so happy to be in his care. He is responsive and I always know I can contact him and he will call back. He makes sure to answer all of my questions, and helps guide my next choice
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
I would say, he is very respectful of your choices. However, it may be good to ask more for his opinion regarding next steps. I wish we would have moved to IVF sooner than we did.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
dr. Gocial was always heart felt, never felt rushed, called me back, answered all my questions
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
At first we did letrozole, and I was monitored for ovulation, we did timed intercourse. Next, round I also did letrozole with a higher dose and timed intercourse. Followed, letrozole and clomid with timed intercourse. We then did genetric testing which delayed us for a month. Following, we did clomid and letrozole with IUI, the following round i was not as responsive, so we tried injectables and IUI, and then we began the ivF journey. So far, I had 1 egg retrieval with 1 FET. He suggested we do PGT tested frozen embryos. The 1 FET resulted in a 9 week miscarriage. Now, he started me on NOrethindorne for a month prior to doing the next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I think fertility is grueling to go through. The doctor/clinic could be hopeful yet also warn regarding how terrible it could be too. The doctor is always positive. But, I think it may be beneficial to hear some of the bad news too
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
For IVF it was roughly 25000 total for retrieval, meds, PGT testing. My IUI was covered, meds for injectaboe rounds were about $700
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial was adamant about single embryo transfers.
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Main Line Fertility has] a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year...My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is one of the most caring doctors . Although the end goal is a healthy pregnancy, he always considers me and my health. He always is concerned about my mental health . I never leave a visit felling lost or confused . He gives me all the options and we decide together . I wouldn’t trust anyone else .
Be honest and open.
All the staff at his office , including himself have always made me feel comfortable and cares about . They are there for me during each up and down.
I started this process right before I turned 40. I was tested for all of the norms ( egg reserve, uterine polyps, tubal damage ....). My egg retrieval was almost aborted because Dr. Gocial thought that I was going to hyperstimulate. He monitored me everyday and thankfully everything went well. He suggested PGD/PGS testing and I declined . My first transfer I used one embryo. He second I used two. Both produced negative pregnancy test . At that point Dr. Gocial suggest that I get a ERA done. The rest showed that I was 2 days pre-receptive . To be sure he suggested that a second ERA be performed. The results were the same as the first . Using that data , the next cycle I took two extra days of Crinone. The cycle was a positive pregnancy test . There was a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. At 8 weeks and 5 days the heartbeat had stopped. I’m waiting for the results of the embryo biopsy . Dr. Gocial suggested that I take a break before the next cycle . During the next 4 weeks I will be taking Norethindrone to suppress any possible endometriosis that has not been detected during other testing. He believes that this will assist with any implantation issues. I will also be doing genetic testing prior to transfer the next cycle .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
I can’t say enough about the nurses at Mainline Fertility . They are so caring and compassionate. They cheer with you, cry with you, make you feel special. They nursing team has planned a major role in my love for the clinic.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: Very personable Flexible scheduling Treated as an individual, not a number Very transparent with options and prices Offers financial assistance Entire team is awesome I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on. My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
I’m a nurse and I work overnight . I was always told long as I was there before 10:45am. So, I would say very flexible .
I’m blessed with 100% IVF coverage . They do have a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year .
Dr. Gocial is very conservative in that area. I respect him for that. For my individual situation he suggest single embryo transfer. I’m 42 and wouldn’t want to tale the chance or risk of multiple births .

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids.... He is kind, patient, compassionate and honest. He shares his personal stories and is warm and funny. He has taken a lot of time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and love that. He is wonderful!... He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
The office [Main Line Fertility] is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest with all of your hopes and fears - he will care for you well.
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids. His staff are also WONDERFUL! They have all spent a lot of time with us in person and on the phone, letting me cry, talking through options, and answering our million questions! Plus, they have a large egg bank and embryos, which is unique. We had been to another doctor that had the opposite bedside manner and are so happy we found Dr. Glassner! We love this office!
We are in process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are all wonderful! They are friendly and warm and spend as much time as you need to cry, talk, and ask questions.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
$2100 per egg + $3500 transfer + approx $1000 meds
He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Although we have still not been successful, I have been very happy with my treatment to date. Dr. Gocial always listens to my concerns with compassion and presents options to consider. I appreciate that I see him often during each cycle so I have the opportunity to ask questions when needed.... Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy.
The center city office [Main Line Fertility] is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.... All of Dr. Gocial’s staff are amazing. Very supportive and great communicators. They go out of their way to help manage treatment and schedules.... IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Advocate for yourself, but try to place some trust in the care team as well.
I switched to this clinic precisely because I was interested in a more personal approach. Both Dr. Gocial and his staff always make me feel like they are treating my condition in a personal way.
Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy. Our second cycle was another letrozole IUI. We needed to adjust dosing during this cycle to better my response. Currently we are in our third IUI cycle and combined both clomid and letrozole.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The center city office is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.
IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay. Medications aside from. The HCG trigger shots were also covered. Triggers cost $70 each. Each office visit was subject to my specialist copay fee of $60.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol...He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's.
13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing [at Main Line Fertility]...[The nurses are the] Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny...Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor...For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Please see my previous comments. The only reason Dr. Glassner didn't do all my procedures of IUI's except for one, is because I always fell on a weekend for the procedures. He did do my egg retrieval and I will, will myself for him to do my transfer when the time comes. His bedside manner is beyond impressive and always makes me laugh. I've never felt stressed or anything at any of my visits. I wish I saw him more during the IVF stage, but you can ALWAYS request to see him when you schedule your appointments.
You are either going to love him, LOVE HIM or hate him. Remember he is not the reason you can't get pregnant, please do not blame him. He's only there to help make YOUR dreams a reality! If these dreams don't come true immediately, remember your dreams will come true eventually, even if it takes years. HE IS YOUR ALLY, NOT YOUR ENEMY!
Dr. Glassner is the most caring, thoughtful man, and doctor I've ever come across. I started going to him towards the end of 2017 to have a Fertility work up as a single woman. From the beginning I knew he was the right doctor for me. He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's. Dr. Glassner prescribed me Letrozole, for my first cycle. He knew I was excited and he set expectations for me saying IUI's usually don't work on the first try. He was right it failed. Went in for 4 more IUI's each time changing meds. One cycle was just Clomid. Another cycle was a combination of both maxed doses of Letrozole and Clomid. I conceived but miscarried at 17DPO. In 2019 we continued but this time skipped the oral meds and went to injectable meds. Failed in January, conceived in February but miscarried again. After this miscarriage and talking to him he knew I only had one vial of sperm left and we decided to head to IVF. I had my egg retrieval on Monday July 22nd 2019. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing. I cannot speak enough of Dr. Glassner. I know he has my best interest in mind and wants to keep me healthy during this entire time. I will forever be grateful to this man. Even though I am still awaiting my baby, I am hoping to have transfer this month August 2019, I know Michael will be able to make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality soon. Dr. Glassner if you are reading thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will forever be grateful for you!
Metformin, Letrozole, Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG Trigger Shot. Different levels of each. One cycle he did a maxed out dosage of a combination of Letrozole and Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny. They are there to help you also!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Fast, efficient, everyone treats you as family. I never feel as though I'm a number! After the first couple visits they (the front desk) knew my name! They do anything and everything to help make your experience the best possible! Nurses learned about how to get my blood within a few visits (I'm a tough stick). Ultrasound technicians are amazing. I have a tough right ovary that is hard to find, but they always are as gentle as possible and apologize for any discomfort I may be experiencing! LOVE EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE!
Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor. I actually find my appointments relaxing and nonstressful.
IUI's weren't covered by insurance. ALL Monitoring was, all I had to do was pay co-pays. Paid out of pocket for the IUI's. For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could. I don't know how I will EVER be able to show him my gratitude and love that I have for him and his clinic. I HAVE NO WORDS. Speechless. He has helped me out BEYOND my expectations! Once again Dr. Glassner THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! If there is one way to show my gratitude towards you and your clinic it is by writing this review! This is the least I could do!
He only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol. Its healthier for mom and baby to be.
Bryn Mawr
Dr. Gocial is extremely kind and sensitive. He has an excellent bed-side manner. He always takes the time to explain things thoroughly and in a manner my husband and I can understand and always answers any questions we may have, no matter how many or how silly they be...do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples. This is not an issue for us and are thankful for their caution...don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. Dr. Gocial will make it easy for you to do this but don't be too shy to ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem.
IVF is not covered and all in, including PGD, it is approx. $18,000-20,000 [at Main Line Fertility]...Dr. Gocial and Main Line Fertility do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples...The clinic's strength is its staff. From receptionists to nurses to doctors, you feel like you have the best team in your corner. 85% of the time someone is at the end of a phone to answer your question and those few times the nurses are busy, they return your call quickly.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is someone I would refer a friend to without hesitation. He is empathetic and sensitive to the emotions that this journey may stir. Every visit he will shake our hands and ask us how we are doing. He explains everything in a manner that is easy to grasp and always asks if we have any questions. Like most couples, we never expected to be in this position but we are thankful we found Dr. Gocial to guide us through it.
As with any doctor, don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. Dr. Gocial will make it easy for you to do this but don't be too shy to ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem.
We have done one trigger with timed intercourse. We have also done 4 iuis. The first iui I took 2.5mg of letrozole and ovidrel for my trigger. The second iui I took 5 mg of letrozole and ovidrel for my trigger. The third iui I did 5mg of letrozole and 2.5mg of clomind and ovidrel for my trigger. The fourth iui I did 5mg of letrozole and 75ius of follistim and ovidrel for my trigger. None of these protocols resulted in an positive pregnancy test. We are currently in the stimulation phase of ivf. We are doing 75ius of menopur and 225 ius of follistim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb for iuis and different nurses for ivf)
All the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility have been incredibly patient and compassionate. They make the whole process so much easy. We always feel like they are rooting for us. They listen to every concern and provide clear guidance.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Iui was covered by my insurance and I am not sure of the break down of the costs. IVF is not covered and all in, including PGD, it is approx. $18,000-20,000.
Dr. Gocial and Main Line Fertility do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples. This is not an issue for us and are thankful for their caution.
Philadelphia
Dr. Glassner is genuinely a caring person with a good sense of humor. On our first visit, he said that when we are in his office, he will talk to us about our case as though we are his own children. We have always felt that intimate care, compassion, and consideration for our case...is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Most [nurses at Main Line Fertility] were excellent and emphatic!...The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Ask to meet with him any time you have a question or want to make sure you’re on the same page as him and understanding the plan. Write down your questions ahead of time.
Hysteroscopy, doxycycline for inflammation), hormone stimulation injections for retrieval, egg retrieval, ICSI, ERA (endometrial receptivity assay)- which showed that my timing of transfer needs to be adjusted/individualized to me, PGS, PGD, intralipid infusion/prednisone/Lovenox (for immune response and potential blood clots related to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss), scheduled transfer (upcoming)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Most were excellent and emphatic!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is an excellent clinic. The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
Single transfer- research shows it’s safest
Bryn Mawr
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above...has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals...
The initial nurse I met with [at Main Line Fertility] was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records...Some days [monitoring] appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next...This is a busy clinic. Pros-they are flexible with their hours and you can pretty much pick your appointment time between 0700-1100. Cons-there are often long waits at the appointments. Average is an hour, but it Wasn’t unusual for it to take almost 2 hours. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is genuine and very experienced with what he does. He seems to be able to properly readjust fertility plans to get desired outcomes. He’s willing to take a more aggressive approach in fertility treatment. The only downside is that the clinic is busy and if you want to meet with Dr. Glassner there can be long waiting periods.
You may not get to see him as often as you might a physician at a smaller practice, but he has the experience and expertise for more difficult cases. It is worth your while to use Dr. Glassner.
Dr glassner has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals.
I was offered a more aggressive form of IUI if desired but after learning the risks, we declined and moved onto IVF. Our plan from the start was an egg retrieval with freeze all PGD testing due to my age. Please also note I only have one ovary. Cycle #1 follistim/ganarelix protocol failed-only 2 eggs developed-canceled Cycle #2 follistim/Lupron-8 eggs retrieved/2 made it to blastocyst. 2 frozen. Cycle #3 follistim/ganarelix higher dose/ 11 eggs retrieved/ 2 made it to blastocyst Cycle #4-follistim/ganarelix/ 15 eggs retrieved/4 made it to blastocysts
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
The initial nurse I met with was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Some days these appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next. It really depended on how busy the clinic was.
I believe I was charged 5000$ for retrieval #4, 6000$ for retrieval #3, 7000$ for retrieval #2. Retrieval #1 was cancelled. My insurance paid for some of the monitoring. If you do FET With PGD the first transfer is only 2000$. I believe the ERA was 1,300$. PGD was somewhere around 7000$ with all associated fees.
He highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above.
Philadelphia

I am very impressed with Dr. Orris...On the third and final cycle [of IUI], I took a booster shot to ensure the timing was correct and luckily got pregnant on the third try...After each ultrasound and bloodwork, I was taken to the doctor's office to go over results/next steps...Due to my PCOS and anovulation, I was put on rounds of Clomid and Letrozole to induce ovulation. I would be seen at least once if not twice a week to measure my progress and to see if ovulation was occurring. Once they were comfortable with the ovulation taking place, I had two cycles with IUI that didn't time up properly.
The staff at MLF were so wonderful and helpful; all the doctors clearly explained everything to me at every visit. After each ultrasound and bloodwork, I was taken to the doctor's office to go over results/next steps. Every one's bedside manner was extremely warm...I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brie [nurse]. She looked after me almost every visit; took my blood (painlessly I might add), and was always on hand for my questions. Brie was the kind of nurse that you hope will be looking after you; she is so warm and sweet and is a pleasure to talk to and to get to see every week!
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I am very impressed with Dr. Orris and his setup at MLF. His resident, Dr. Kurtz, was super helpful and he was there along the way to help administer any advice or diagnosis. I am so thankful that my experience with infertility was handled by the folks at MLF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Don't be afraid to ask questions as everyone there is always happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Due to my PCOS and anovulation, I was put on rounds of Clomid and Letrozole to induce ovulation. I would be seen at least once if not twice a week to measure my progress and to see if ovulation was occurring. Once they were comfortable with the ovulation taking place, I had two cycles with IUI that didn't time up properly. On the third and final cycle, I took a booster shot to ensure the timing was correct and luckily got pregnant on the third try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Brie)
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brie. She looked after me almost every visit; took my blood (painlessly I might add), and was always on hand for my questions. Brie was the kind of nurse that you hope will be looking after you; she is so warm and sweet and is a pleasure to talk to and to get to see every week!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF set the bar high for my expectations for OB/GYN care. In fact, I quite wish they were my OB/GYN! I am so thankful and feel so lucky to have been entrusted into their care. They did everything they could to explain everything I needed to do and follow up with me when it should have been done. They take great care of their patients and I cannot say enough about our experience there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
Don't remember specifics, but luckily with insurance, costs were minimal compared to what we were expecting.
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
West Chester
Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you! ... Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. ...
They’re [nurses] wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process ... I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses [at Main Line Fert] in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is genuine , patient , caring and understanding . Has a tremendous amount of knowledge! He is always ready to answer any question you have and infertility can be very lonely but he knows where to point you in the direction to get all the help you need regarding the physical and emotional ! No part of your journey goes unnoticed or uncovered, it definitely helps to make the difficult journey of infertility that much easier. For everyone it’s their own reason why they need to use a dr to help create their family but as wide as the spectrum of creating babies is , dr glassner is educated in all of the different areas and the challenges they bring and emotions that may arise. He is truly a GIFT from G-d! With His help and the help from G-d I do believe after this coronavirus we will be able to use our created embryos that he did for us and transfer them to our gestational Carrier and still receive the BEST care from him even though we’re nit the ones pregnant and our carrier is carrying for us. I believe G-d gave me a uterus to bring a life into this world and G-d took it away to save my life! I had an emergency hysterectomy during the birth of my first child. Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. No one is alone when you have Dr Glassner.
To trust dr glassner and he will be there always 100%
I felt like a human because he has such care and concern and treats you like your the only one in the work at the moment he’s helping you that it feels like he’s full force there for you the whole way on your journey
He did egg retrievel for me . So before I had to take medicine for 10-14 days in injection forms and then I had to go in for visits in a daily basis to check me levels to be ready for retrievel. During this time I also had a 9,5 cm cyst on my one ovary which dr glassner drained before starting medicines for egg retrievel because I had a hysterectomy he didn’t want me to do surgery before egg retrievel to remove the cyst Incase I’d lose the ovary. He wanted to get as many eggs as possible during retrievel. During the medicine taking the cyst filled up so the day of egg retrievel he drained the cyst Aswell as retrieving eggs, if it wasn’t for him I would’ve not gotten the amount of eggs he retrieved and possibly would’ve had surgery before the egg retrievel process and possibly only have had one ovary. Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They’re wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
They were very reasonable regarding numbers we researched before going into our journey of creating embryos to get ready for using a gestational Carrier. I feel they give you the best care and charge any amazing price for what they do for you and the way they do! I recommend dr glassner and his team any day!
My only comment is that I am a triplet and my husband a twin and I’m 26 years old. I was born two months early and in an incubator for a month so I think I more than most understand the risks of multiple pregnancies . But the difference in my opinion now a days the technology and medical advancements are a lot more than 26 years ago and I think it in a sense can help ease the risk of multiple embryo transfers. Yes every situation is different and can be risky . A single embryo transfer can turn into identical twins , multiple transfer can only one . You never know , it’s up to G-d and ofcourse us as humans doing what we feel is right with caution. But the above is why I feel it’s ok to do multiple and why I would.
Bryn Mawr
Although my husband and I primarily saw the nurses, Dr. Orris was always a phone call away if needed - even on his personal line. After my first failed embryo transfer, Dr. Orris was right on the phone not only explaining the next steps but checking in and providing support...He is thorough, to the point, but yet still compassionate. I felt comfortable and safe in his care. It is clear that he takes pride in his work and wants the absolute best case scenario possible for every patient.
The whole staff [at Main Line Fertility] is friendly and compassionate. They make the unpleasant experience of being in a fertility center as pleasant as possible...Strengths - great atmosphere, you feel like family not just a patient, they will go above and beyond for anything you need. Weaknesses - none to date. I would recommend this clinic to my family and friends in a heartbeat...For egg retrieval - gonal f, which was reduced based on my body’s quick response. Cabergoline to help prevent OHSSS. I am receiving fertility treatment due to my husband’s journey with cancer. Prior to my husband’s diagnosis we had conceived one child naturally and had no prior history of infertility. My husband froze sperm prior to starting his treatments and is currently still undergoing treatment.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He is a very intelligent doctor. Don’t be afraid to stop him and ask for a less “medical” explanation - he will gladly do so and make sure that everyone understands what is happening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Maureen is the ABSOLUTE BEST. The rare times we had to see another nurse because Maureen wasn’t in, my husband and I were disappointed - all of the nurses were great, however, Maureen was the best! The whole staff is friendly and compassionate. They make the unpleasant experience of being in a fertility center as pleasant as possible.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everything but ERA was one hundred percent covered by our insurance.
Dr. Orris chose eSET for our case as I do not struggle with infertility, but my husband and I are doing IVF due to my husband’s cancer diagnosis and continued treatment. Dr. Orris wants to keep his patients safe and limit multiples pregnancies.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Brasile was very aggressive with my treatments. We went straight to IUI based on tests from my previous clinic. I was able to see her at every visit and she made time to talk with us whenever needed...She is direct, which I appreciated...was always kind and compassionate. When we realized only 1 egg fertilized correctly she called me crying and feeling terrible. She said that my 1 embryo would get me pregnant, and it did.
The IVF process went very quick [at Main Line Fertility]. It felt like a total of two weeks and then we were doing our transfer...At the appointments they [nurses] were always welcoming and warm. I felt that my concerns were taken seriously...I always had a morning appointment and I was in and out quickly...we had a first responders discount...They have multiple locations and great hours. I felt that I could get to work on time, and I didnt wait long for my visits. The front desk staff was very friendly, Nicole was always super helpful. When we were thinking of doing a clinical trial they coordinator tried her hardest to get us in, and then I was pregnant so it wasn’t needed.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is direct, which I appreciated.
Dr. Brasille was always kind and compassionate. When we realized only 1 egg fertilized correctly she called me crying and feeling terrible. She said that my 1 embryo would get me pregnant, and it did.
The IVF process went very quick. It felt like a total of two weeks and then we were doing our transfer. I gave myself shots 2x a day, plus progesterone every other day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility .
At the appointments they were always welcoming and warm. I felt that my concerns were taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I always had a morning appointment and I was in and out quickly. I don’t remember any specific days that there was a backup.
We had to pay out of pocket for everything but medicine, but we had a first responders discount.
Describe Deanna Brasile's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
The office recommends only one embryo transfer for a person my age. I didn’t have a preference either way. We ended up with only one embryo, so that’s what we went with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
I ended up needing one more test before we could do the IVF so it was pushed back a month.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Orris thinks outside the box. He doesn't want to load you up with medicine if he can avoid it by using what your body produces. He is creative with his approaches and even when we had failed cycles (which we did 5 times so far), he manages to give us a sense of optimism by clearly explaining his plan... 5 out of my 6 cycles he did Mini-stim protocol because my body was responding so well and I had excellent lining. I actually got pregnant on mini-stim cycle. On the 2nd cycle, after a failed cycle on mini-stim, he tried HRT but then switched me back to the mini-stim. I had a total of 4 hysteroscopies so he can make sure the embryos didn't take because there is an issue developing. He also did a scratch (3rd cycle) but that didn't help and it was a failed cycle. Only the 4th cycle took and I was pregnant for 16 weeks until I went into pre-term labor and lost my baby-girl.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris thinks outside the box. He doesn't want to load you up with medicine if he can avoid it by using what your body produces. He is creative with his approaches and even when we had failed cycles (which we did 5 times so far), he manages to give us a sense of optimism by clearly explaining his plan. He doesn't take unnecessary chances which is why he immediately recommended that we go with egg donor vs. mine. I believe that by suggesting that approach he saved us tens of thousands of dollars. I believe & trust in him 100%. He got me pregnant once and I know he can do it again.
Trust him and trust his experience and don't be afraid to ask questions. He always listens and patiently answers.
Dr. Orris truly cares. He cares about us, our story. He was excited with us when we graduate and devastated when we came back after a miscarriage at 16 weeks. He helped us with samples of medicine & even discounts on treatments. He has the biggest heart!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
I honestly believe that MLF has the best nurses & support team around. The 3rd party coordinator team - an amazing team of women who will pretty much go out of their way to help you get what you need and simplify the process as much as they can. The monitoring team who is a group of the most compassionate, caring, generous women who take the time to get to know you, feel the pain with you and be excited with you. These women are the true heros...they are so organized and coordinate the schedule of meds and even help with free samples to help with the cost of treatment. I don't have enough words to describe them but they truly treat you like family and I love each & every one of them for that. I went through such a hell of a time and they have been so wonderful to me. Every time I was through the doors I get warm hugs and know that I am being taken care of.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The only weakness of the clinic is wait time which can be longer than usual at times. However, when you are the patient they are treating it is nice to know that neither Dr. Orris, the techs or nurses are rushing you through the consult or appointment and that you are getting their full attention.
The costs were all advised in advance and there were no surprises, which I like a lot. We paid $2100 per egg. Ended up getting 10 eggs and they charged us for 9. Transfer was $3500. Our last two cycles were embryo donation from their embryo donation bank. The cost is $6050 for embryo + transfer. The don't nickel & dime you...
We discussed only transferring a single embryo at the time because due to my age I am already a high-risk and Orris didn't want to make it even worse. Now, after I miscarried at 16 weeks, we know that it has to be a single embryo as clearly more than one is too much for my body to handle. He made a good call and we agreed with him completely.
Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr Glassner has a great sense of humor considering the nature of what he does and that worked for us. It may not work for everyone but it’s what we needed. At the same time he was always compassionate and shared in our frustrations in days when a sense of humor wasn’t appropriate...Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question...Dr Glassner was a perfect blend of honest, compassionate, and said he wouldn’t put us through anything he wouldn’t put his own daughter through and that is what always stayed with us month after month
The clinic [Main Line Fertility] is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process...The nurses were so compassionate and would always try their best to keep you motivated throughout the process. Our insurance converge is horrible for fertility so the nurses always tried to help us out by giving us donated meds if they were available to try to eliminate some of the financial stress that comes with this process
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner always made time for us and never made us feel rushed. As disapponting as many months were he still had faith and never moved to a treatment that we weren’t 100% confident. He never wanted us to walk away and made sure he did what he could to not let that happen
Clomid - clomid challenge test Clomid + iui - 3 cycles Injectables + iui - 1 cycle followed by my husband getting vericocele surgery Injectables + iui - 3 cycles Moved onto ivf using injectables and menopur and 5 days in dr glassner concerted the cycle to iui due to my poor response and we ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Protocols were always based on my low amh which put my egg quality in question Currently I’m back with dr glassner for baby #2 we did three cycle of injectables iui with no luck and plan to move ivf in April
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is amazing but just like any other dr office you have to be your own self advocate and make sure to always call with any questions. They are always there to help and the more you ask the more comfortable you will be. They have everyone’s best interest in mind so don’t hesitate to rely on them throughout the process
Paid out of pocket for iuis and injectable medications and ivf...monitoring appointments were covered with a specialist co pay
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
The only complaint I have is when you have weekend appointments someone’s the doctors that are on call have a different option about the plan for the month and it can been confusing/frustrating for patients who are trusting in their own doctors plan
Treated 2016 - 2018
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF... I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles.
I was able to get in a clinical trial [at Main Line Fertility] for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
My experiences with IVF have been tough, to say the least, as many patients will agree. Being a patient of Dr. Glassner, I always know what to expect. He is very blunt about your diagnosis, steps to take in your infertility journey, the prognosis of pregnancy, and everything in between. If you like someone to be nothing but straight forward with you, Dr. Glassner is your man. He takes the time to answer any questions or concerns, and I never leave feeling like I have no idea what is going on. No question is a dumb question with him. I always feel as though I am taken seriously, my concerns are valid, and my questions are answered. Dr. Glassner knows my case inside and out, no matter how long of a break I may take between cycles. He remembers what I have been through which is so important to me, mainly so I don't have to relive the bad. Financially, IVF is a struggle for us, and Dr. Glassner has gone above and beyond to make having a baby a reality for us. Have I gotten the results I wanted? No, not yet, but I am confident Dr. Glassner will get me there.
One piece of advice would be, if you are looking for a Dr. to sugar coat your situation, he may not be for you. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to, but he is very straight forward about your situation and what is realistic with your expectations.
With Dr. Glassner, I always feel like I am treated as a human, and never a number. He doesn't rush the time spent with him, and always makes sure I don't leave confused. The office staff are always kind and also get to know you on a personal level very quickly. The staff and Dr.'s are the reason I continue to be a patient here.
For my first cycle, my husband and I went straight to IVF after an ectopic pregnancy. My other tube looked damaged, but Dr. Glassner recommended IVF. I do not know the exact protocol, but I believe it was antagonist. Since I am an otherwise healthy person, I started injections at my next cycle. I was overstimulated this cycle, and because of this I had to freeze my embroys, and only 1 was good enough quality for freezing. My frozen transfer was a few months later, which resulted in pregnancy and then miscarriage at 6 weeks. After this, we discussed removal of my other tube, but I did not want to do that, so at my request, we tried clomid for about 6 cycles. No pregnancy resulted from the clomid. We then went on to our next IVF cycle. This time Dr. Glassner added the HGH injections and Lupron, which resulted in a much better quality eggs (and no overstimulation!) I had 2 embroys transferred, which resulted in pregnancy, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. Since this has happened, I decided to move forward with the removal of my other tube. I go back to discuss next steps in a short few weeks!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Bridget (I hope I spelled her name right!))
I can not say enough about the nursing staff at Bryn Mawr. Bridget (sorry if it's spelled wrong!) Michelle, and the entire staff is one of the main reasons I continue with this practice. I don't know if I could have gotten through the bad times of fertility without these nurses. They take the time to get to know you and your journey becomes their journey. They are so invested in each and every patient that comes through their doors. The financial burdens and all of the emotions that come along with this process, the nurses are there for you every step of the way. They all go above and beyond for their patients. They are simply wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
So when you there for your consult on the "Dr." side, expect a wait!! This is my least favorite part about the clinic. On their busier days you can expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. I found this troubling, because when you are pregnant and transferred to this side, you already take so much time off of work with the IVF process and having to come for weekly appointments or even biweekly, i noticed I had to take almost half days to attend my appts here. Another down side is if the pregnancy isn't going as planned, these long wait times I found extremely hard, as the last place I wanted to be was in public sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers. On the flip side, the staff is great. The women at the front desk get to know you, they are kind and always smiling.
My insurance does not cover IVF, but I was able to get in a clinical trial for my meds so there was no cost there. There are no hidden costs, they lay it all out on sheet for you when you first come in. Although, I defintiely wasn't prepared the first time for the additional cost of having to do a frozen cycle since I wasn't expecting to overstimulate. When things didn't work, and since cost is an issue with us, Dr. Glassner did everything in his power to help us with the second cycle, which I could not have been more grateful for. IVF is very expensive in PA at no fault of the Dr., so knowing that Dr. Glassner and his team go above and beyond to make your baby dreams come true, make me feel better about choosing this practice. We have spent around $27,000 so far on 2 rounds of IVF and a frozen transfer (and all that comes with that). All of my regular office visits not associated with the actual IVF cycle, diagnostic bloodwork, ultrasound, hysteroscopy, etc, were covered by my insurance medical plan. So my copay/deductibles applied.
My first time, I only had one I was able to transfer. The second time, I had multiple embroys, and the Dr. covered all the pros and cons or transferring multiple. I wanted to do 2 and he agreed. I was very informed in my decision.
Treated 2014 - 2018
We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles [with Dr. Michael Glassner] but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure.
Strengths [at Main Line Fertility]: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours...Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes...The nurses were nothing short of excellent. They calmed our nerves and literally held my hand throughout the process. They always explained any procedure that I had a question about. They were caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is friendly, has a great sense of humor, and is patient. He meets with us every time we have a visit at the doctor's office and explains exactly what is happening and what we should next. He answers any questions we have and answers them thoroughly. He gives his expert advice to help us make informed decisions on our health and fertility treatments. His bedside manner is what makes him stand apart from most doctors. He is personable and you really feel like you have all his attention when you are in his presence.
One piece advice I would give a new patient of Dr. Glassner is to be patient because the fertility process is long and can be stressful.
Dr. Glassner took the time out to answer all my questions during our visits. He's personable and remembers past conversations that we had. Most importantly, Dr. Glassner knew our financial situation and was very flexible in trying to make IVF affordable for us. During our fertility process we found an amazing organization called the "BabyQuest Foundation". BabyQuest provides financial help to people seeking fertility treatments. Because of Dr. Glassner's and Mainline fertility's understanding of our situation they provided fair pricing to the Foundation which in turn helped us win the grant. We will always be grateful and indebted to them.
In the beginning of our treatment Dr. Glassner began with IUIs because we had an unexplained fertility diagnosis. These did not produce a positive pregnancy. We eventually did get pregnant by monitoring our cycles but that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. It was decided then that I probably have a weak tube. After a year of trying through IUIs, etc we decided to go through IVF. Financially we could not afford IVF but Dr. Glassner and his team worked with an organization called BabyQuest that provided us financial help to pay for our IVF procedure. Without Dr. Glassner's and Baby Quest's help our son would not be here today.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: professionalism, bedside manner, there is always a person to answer your calls, honesty, they were great at building confidence, flexible hours Weakness: On rare occasions the wait could be more than 15 minutes.
Paoli
Dr. Brasile created my IVF protocol with all of my test results in mind. Sometimes, clinics just have a standard protocol that is used for everyone, but she made sure to customize the protocol based on my body's response to previous cycles and tests. She is always positive and makes you feel so hopeful, but is also straightforward with facts and explanations.... First round of IVF- antagonist protocol. I ended up ovulating an hour before my retrieval and Dr. Brasile was only able to retrieve one mature egg. Since my body ovulated even with the use of cetrotide, we used Lupron for the next cycle.
The doctors are all extremely well educated, knowledgeable, and communicate well when you meet with them. Sometimes the clinic [Main Line Fertility] felt very crowded and impersonal, but the staff is so friendly and tries to make your experience the best possible.... IUI procedure- out of pocket cost = ~$600 IVF- my insurance covers up to 4 egg retrievals as long as you have no embryos already frozen. I think the out of pocket cost for an IVF cycle is ~$25,000, but many clinical trial opportunities are offered and can help pay for treatment if you qualify.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want to make sure you understand what your treatment plan is and you feel comfortable and confident that you're receiving the best care possible for you and your partner.
Always made sure all of your questions were answered before leaving the room and made sure you understood the processes and procedures.
First round of IVF- antagonist protocol. I ended up ovulating an hour before my retrieval and Dr. Brasile was only able to retrieve one mature egg. Since my body ovulated even with the use of cetrotide, we used Lupron for the next cycle. The egg from this round became a day 6 embryo and was frozen for PGS testing. Second round of IVF- Flare protocol. This resulted in 10 mature eggs. Of the 10, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 embryos. The embryo from the first round plus three from the second were sent for PGS testing and one was transferred on day 5. All four that were sent for testing came back abnormal. The one that was transferred resulted in a pregnancy. I'm currently 8 months pregnant with a baby boy!
Compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The doctors are all extremely well educated, knowledgeable, and communicate well when you meet with them. Sometimes the clinic felt very crowded and impersonal, but the staff is so friendly and tries to make your experience the best possible.
Paoli
He [Dr. Glassner] seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Strengths would be the way they [Main Line Fertility] are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.... [Nursing Staff] Amazing ! That is really the only word needed. Via phone and in the office there were always super compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He seems to have a LOT of experience. From the first meeting I felt that he was going to be completely honest with me, and he even told us that he would give me the same advice he would give to his sister or someone else in his family that was going through this. He also brings a light side to things and jokes around - after all... what else can you do in this process? I would 100% recommend him to anyone else.
Have an idea in your head of what you might want to do first. Meaning... if you are ok with just a few meds combinied with IUI or if you would like to do natural cycles. How comfortable you are with IUI and or IVF - be committed to your own path.
Always felt VERY welcomed in the office from the time I walk in until I leave. All the Drs, Nurses, and PA's know my and my husbands name and treat us as if we are the most important or only ones there, even though there are a million other patients. Dr. Glassner even called to follow up after our first initial appt. And his PA, Rachel takes time in the office with me and over the phone to answer all of my 5,297 questions.
We started out with Clomid only and IUI cycles. We then personally decided to only to natural cycles of IUI because I did not feel comfortable with the meds, which he was fine with. However recommend meds because it was not working without. He is now recommending we move forward with IVF because we gave it a few tries already.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths would be the way they are organized, make you feel comfortable and at home. Really the only negative I'd say is to have a little more room in some of the waiting rooms -- sometimes there are not enough seats. 100% recommend this clinic and would not go anywhere else.
$60 co-pays each time. $450 per IUI. $60 Clomid cycle.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Orris was very knowledgeable. Although we did not have a successful pregnancy, he did all he could do. He did not push us to do think we could not afford. And was honest about our chances of getting pregnant at my age. When I had my 3 miscarriages, he prepared me for what would happen. But was not very sympathetic to our emotions.... I felt like it was a open/close door with him. He look at my file each time while we walked into his office. Gave us the plan and sent us on to the next patient.
Getting an early appointment [Main Line Fertility] is tough. Nurse’s are great and really get to know you. Receptionist try their best to get you the appointment time you want. Don’t expect to spend a lot of time with the doctors. Plan for a 2 hour visit, although sometimes they are quick... There was one time my prescription was not called that I needed to take that night. Luckily, the on-call doctor called it into my pharmacy that night.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask all the questions you have, don’t feel rushed. Trust him!
6 cycles of clomid. I would go in the first day of my cycle for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I would come back on day 12 (sometimes day 13 or 14) he would tell be when to have sex. For the IUi, same as the clomid, except I would go in for ultrasounds and bloodwork more often. Sometimes 3 days in a row. My husband was “on call” those days.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Nurses were with me every step away, through the good and bad. Hugs when I needed them. Hope was I was hopeless. Happy/Sad Tears with me. They are the best nurses.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Getting an early appointment is tough. Nurse’s are great and really get to know you. Receptionist try their best to get you the appointment time you want. Don’t expect to spend a lot of time with the doctors. Plan for a 2 hour visit, although sometimes they are quick
Over $5,000
Bryn Mawr
Definitely knows his stuff. [Michael Glassner] Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables... I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues.
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee [Main Line Fertility] is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.... [Cost Of Treatment] In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Definitely knows his stuff. Tries to find the best treatment for the patient but a lot of patients dont have the financial means or insurance coverage to proceed with a aggressive approach like IUI or IVF. Injectables
Be patient
The attention given to every patient is unique and special at every consultation from the doctor and every staff member including the front desk, i will not go anywhere else hopefully will be able to conceive soon
I dont ovulate on my own and cycles are too long. In 2017 we did several cycles with clomid and metformin and my body did not respond at all. He was in my insurance network copays were only 15.00. Had to stop due to other health related issues. In 2018 they were no longer in my network copays were 45.00 for each visit and bills were applied to deductible. This time around we did femara and clomid my body responded to the meds I achieved two perfect follicles, ovulated but did not conceive my cervical mucus was there enough to help the sperm. I received bills in excess of 600.00 as my balance due to the deductible so i had to stop treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Excellent
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Excellent hours as early as 7am excellent for working women, everthing is done on site Ultrasounds, labs, surgeries at Bryn Mawr hospital across the street. Every employee is friendly compassionate and understanding, family oriented. They treat you as a human not just another number. That is important for any person as a patient.
In 2018 very expensive. My insurance coverage does not cover ivf and they were out of network this time around. Received a bill for 680.00 after they were applied to my out of network deductible and 45.00 copay due at the time of service. Clomid and femara out of pocket not covered by my insurance