825 Old Lancaster Rd.
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Orris is very matter of fact, and there were a few times when I felt rushed. However, he always took the time to answer my questions and walk me through my options. When he could tell that I was stressed or worried, he would absolutely take the extra time with me...Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and sometimes explains things in very technical terms that may be over your head. Simply ask him to back up and explain - which he'll gladly do...Results of first IVF was negative and we are starting a second round in July - changing meds and protocol now that Dr. Orris knows that I have egg quality issues.
Prices [at Main Line Fertility] were $500 for IUI, $9,800 for IVF and $500 for anesthesia. I participated in a clinical study (another plus for going through MLF) which covered all of my meds...MLF is a great clinic - top rated doctors, knowledgeable and friendly nurses and staff, clean space, associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, etc. Typically I am seen within 20 minutes of my scheduled appointment time - I've only had to wait longer a few times, which I think is impressive...The nursing staff at MLF is absolutely incredible. They answered every one of my questions and always have a warm, positive and compassionate way about them. Every single phone call and in-person visit has been so pleasant and reassuring because of the AMAZING nurses at MLF.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and I've always trusted the decisions he was making about my treatment plan. He is very nice, but also very matter of fact, so it was important that I ask questions and ask for things to be further explained if need be. He's made it clear that he is invested in the process with us and that he will do all he can to get us pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I would say this with any doctor, but educate yourself on infertility and be your own advocate. If you have questions, make sure you ask them. If you don't understand something, make sure it's explained to you. Dr. Orris is incredibly smart and sometimes explains things in very technical terms that may be over your head. Simply ask him to back up and explain - which he'll gladly do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with Clomid + timed intercourse, then moved to Clomid + Letrozole + timed intercourse, then Clomid + Letrozole + IUIs. Although I produced good follicles and eggs, none of these methods worked. Unexplained infertility. For IVF, my protocol was Gonal F stims, then Cetrotide and Estrace. I retrieved 21 eggs, but only 4 fertilized. We transfered one embryo and none of the others made it to freeze. Results of first IVF was negative and we are starting a second round in July - changing meds and protocol now that Dr. Orris knows that I have egg quality issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is a great clinic - top rated doctors, knowledgeable and friendly nurses and staff, clean space, associated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, etc. Typically I am seen within 20 minutes of my scheduled appointment time - I've only had to wait longer a few times, which I think is impressive. They work to make sure you can get in and out of the appointments (since often you're there a few times a week!).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
We paid everything out of pocket, as our insurance does not cover infertility, so prices were $500 for IUI, $9,800 for IVF and $500 for anesthesia. I participated in a clinical study (another plus for going through MLF) which covered all of my meds.
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Orris expressed to us that he likes to be as responsible as possible when it comes to his practice - and with my young age of 31, he recommended a single embryo transfer vs. multiple. Multiples are typically a more difficult, more high-risk pregnancy and as we don't have the clock working against us, he felt that we should only transfer one embryo (although he gave us the option to transfer more if we wanted to). We opted to only transfer one.
Treated 2016 - 2017
In our first meeting with him, he [Dr. Glassner] looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.... We used donor eggs.... we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch....The nurses [Main Line Fertility] were great. The team for third party reproduction were not.
We used donor eggs. Our plan was to purchase a full cycle from the donor. The coordinators [Main Line Fertility] got it mixed up and wrote us down for only half the harvest. I was informed the day before I started the medication that I didn't have a current mammogram on file and couldn't proceed without it.... The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
In our first meeting with him, he looked at our file and apologized for what we had been through. He felt there was nothing standing in the way of a successful pregnancy for us. When you were in front of him, you were the most important person in the room.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be prepared for bad jokes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
We were ushered from one waiting room to the next and was shocked when we saw the same nurse. Everyone was incredibly friendly but they had a system down that moved everyone through as expediently as possible.
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Unfortunately, we don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Estrace, POI, endometrial scratch.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses were great. The team for third party reproduction were not. They are incredibly disorganized and just shy of unprofessional. When we started to discuss egg donation, we made it clear our main concern was health and height - not that she look like me. The team couldn't understand that and sorted for us based on my characteristics.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength - they get the job done. Weakness - the number of patients and the wait. you truly feel like a number. at times, we were confused as to where we were and what we were doing there. no one explains once you are pregnant, you move the other side of the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
We used donor eggs. Our plan was to purchase a full cycle from the donor. The coordinators got it mixed up and wrote us down for only half the harvest. I was informed the day before I started the medication that I didn't have a current mammogram on file and couldn't proceed without it. Not sure why this wasn't conveyed to me a week early. I spent that day trying to get an appointment. While I did forget this test, they should have let me know sooner than the day before.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Although he [Dr. Michael Glassner] may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
They [nurses at Main Line Fertility] are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is a protective, assertive, and optimistic doctor who sets realistic expectations with patients about the course of treatment and what to expect. He is very thorough, uses every form of treatment available, is amenable to payment plans and understands unique life circumstances that can both aid and deter fertility. Because he splits his time between two clinics, he wasn't always there when I needed to have an appointment, but Dr. Glassner would leave explicit instructions for the nurses that they should call him before prescribing treatment no matter what the doctor on call prescribed. He is always available to answer questions, and takes every patient concern seriously.
The clinic is busy, so make your appointments early in the morning.
Dr. Glassner always puts his patients first. Although he may seem abrupt at times, he knows his patient's charts inside and out, sets realistic expectations for treatment, and is always available to answer phone calls and questions, no matter how small. He is very protective over his patients to the point that he doesn't want any other doctors to consult on their treatments, but because he wants to be sure that we are getting the best possible care.
I switched to Dr. Glassner after a successful pregnancy when I wanted to start treatment for a second child, so Dr. Glassner prescribed a round of injection hormones to bring on ovulation because it was the same protocol we were successful with previously.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff at Main Line Fertility are AMAZING. They are warm, compassionate, funny, and self-depreciating enough to make you feel comfortable when you're laying on an exam table for a cervical exam. They are always available to answer questions, return phone calls quickly, and explain every test and benchmark thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It can be very busy and it can take a long time to see the Dr. and make it through all the waiting rooms.
All of my medications were covered by health insurance, so I only had to pay my office co-pay.

Treated 2015 - 2016
I am a person who needs a plan. Dr Brasile met with me after each visit to discuss the plan for the next few weeks. After my first IUI, we made a plan for the next 2 months - just in case it didn't work. I felt very comfortable knowing that we had backup plans in place and I knew what would be next. She is organized, respectful, and very good communicator.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility - Bryn Mawr] is extremely busy. They typically run on time but can get backed up by 15-20 minutes early in the morning. Overall, I don't have to wait long but it can be frustrating to see so many women booked at the same time...The nursing staff is always very friendly and willing to answer questions. They return voicemails promptly and always call by the afternoon with the results.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
To ask questions. I think you need to ask all your doctors questions in this type of process. There are so many unknowns that it is helpful to get the answers from the expert and not a blog.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
I originally went to a different clinic for my first 2 months of treatment but I was concerned that they weren't monitoring me very closely. I contacted Dr. Brasile for a second opinion. She met with me for over 45 minutes discussing my test results and initial treatment protocols. After several of her questions, I discovered my first clinic wasn't doing all of the 'checks'. It was very helpful that she took the time to get to know me, find out how aggressive we wanted to be about treatment, and clearly outlined next steps.
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Unfortunately, our first clinic misdiagnosed my husband's sperm results. We did 2 IUIs with negative results. After the 2nd IUI, Dr Brasile ordered a re-testing of his results because I had had a lot of concerns about my first clinic. Turns out, I was right! The first clinic didn't tell us that his sperm results weren't fully normal. Based on the new results, Dr Brasile immediately changed treatment to IVF.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is extremely busy. They typically run on time but can get backed up by 15-20 minutes early in the morning. Overall, I don't have to wait long but it can be frustrating to see so many women booked at the same time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
They seemed very reasonably priced. It certainly depends on your insurance coverage but they were 1/10 the cost of UPenn Fertility for IUI.
Deanna Brasile
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Benjamin Gocial] was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
There are only a few people you will be interacting with [at Main Line Fertility]. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable...All the nurses in Gocial's office are excellent. I cannot say enough. Very kind, caring and personal. It's important because as a patient you will be meeting with the nurses for your appointments after a course of treatment is set.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial was very open in reviewing test results and answering all my questions in detail. He was clear about chances of success with IUI, IVF and egg donation, as well as explaining the costs and making recommendations. He was willing to spend the time I needed to really understand my options and to discuss a plan. He explained what medications I would be taking and why we were starting at a particular dose. I felt very comfortable speaking with him and trusted his recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
As with any doctor, make sure you know what questions you want to ask and that they get answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
The nurses in Dr. Gocial's office are very personable, friendly and caring. One of the nurses I recognized from my previous doctor's office and we talked about why she had wanted to work with Dr. Gocial.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
I started on Letrazole 2.5mg the 3rd-7th day of my cycle and started Menopur 75iu on the 6th day for 4 days. On day 10, we did HCG. I don't remember if the IUI was Day 11 or Day 12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen Heinig)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial's Main Line Fertility office in Center City is very small. So it's less private in a sense. There are only a few people you will be interacting with. But that's not always a bad thing. You're not likely to have an appointment with someone you haven't met before. Any IUI or IVF appointments will happen at Bryn Mawr. That's a larger office, but I found the culture to be very much the same. Everyone is friendly and make an effort to make you feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
I paid copays, medicine and for my IUI visit.
Benjamin Gocial
Treated 2016
Dr. Glassner is the best. He is a no nonsense tell you like it is doctor. Put everything into plain terms that you can understand. Hes not against telling you it wont work or the other doctor you saw fed you a line of bullshit. I appreciate that in a doctor. He is compasionate caring and has a weird but great sense of humor...t him do what he knows to see what is the best procedure for you. He will let you know if its not possible.
the practice [Main Line Fert] is extremely busy and ill be honest i felt like a number at times but i more felt like a human and that everyone who worked there cared about every paitent...The practice is busy but when it is your turn you will get every second and attention of thr doctors and staff. You will not leave without your questions answered and if you do you can call them for help...They are extremely nice, caring and friendly. They talk you through everystep and answer any questions you have.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dont give up on him. Let him do what he knows to see what is the best procedure for you. He will let you know if its not possible.
the practice is extremely busy and ill be honest i felt like a number at times but i more felt like a human and that everyone who worked there cared about every paitent.
i went to him knowning i was going to do IVF. I had trouble ovulating in the past. I don't recall dosage or exact medications but i followed the exact ivf procedure medicines.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Be prepared to wait. The practice is busy but when it is your turn you will get every second and attention of thr doctors and staff. You will not leave without your questions answered and if you do you can call them for help.
My insurance covered beginning testing but the ivf procedure was $15,000 plus the cost of medications. I did not have ivf coverage
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
The more the merrier was my thought. But doctor glassner didnt want to put me in jeopardy of more than 2 embryos because of my history of not being able to carry full term. He brought me down to reality from my octomom vision. I was very grateful.
Treated 2014 - 2016
I loved Dr. Glassner. Some say his bed side manner isn’t the best. We truly had no issues with him at all. I recommend him to everyone and anyone i know who needs fertility help.... For baby 1 - we did clomid cycles (the highest dose allowed) followed by one cycle of timed intercourse. We then did approx three more cycles with iui the last resulting in our almost three year old. For baby 2 - we did clomid cycles (again highest dose allowed) followed by iui for three cycles.
Everyone (except one ultrasound tech) from the office to the front desk to the nursing staff and doctors and PA were amazing. They [Main Line Fertility - Bryn Mawr] made the process a little less nerve wracking. I felt like they were my family during my time there.... We did have to pay out of pocket for iui which ran about $450-$475 per time.... I never had a bad experience with a nurse at his office. We had one poor experience with an ultrasound tech but otherwise everyone was helpful, understanding, compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I loved Dr. Glassner. Some say his bed side manner isn’t the best. We truly had no issues with him at all. I recommend him to everyone and anyone i know who needs fertility help. Without him, and his PA we wouldn’t have our two girls. I owe him everything. Although the process can be stressful, he made it a little more bearable.
Ignore his bed side manner if it bothers you. He seriously is the best of the best.
Dr. Glassner always referred to us by name. When we went back for our second, a year later, he remembered we owned a pizza shop and remembered that we had supplied lunch to his office. Details that I thought for sure he would have “forgotten” given the number of patients he sees on a day to day basis
For baby 1 - we did clomid cycles (the highest dose allowed) followed by one cycle of timed intercourse. We then did approx three more cycles with iui the last resulting in our almost three year old. For baby 2 - we did clomid cycles (again highest dose allowed) followed by iui for three cycles. On cycle four we did clomid and femara with iui and have a 7 month old.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone (except one ultrasound tech) from the office to the front desk to the nursing staff and doctors and PA were amazing. They made the process a little less nerve wracking. I felt like they were my family during my time there.
Our insurance covered everything except copays for office visits and drugs. We did have to pay out of pocket for iui which ran about $450-$475 per time.
Treated 2013 - 2015
The thing I was most afraid of was a doctor who would tell us there was still hope when there was not - that we'd have a doctor who would exploit the fact that I wanted to be pregnant so badly. Dr. Glassner never, ever held back bad news from us. We had a lot of it, and he was always compassionate but honest. He didn't couch the crappy stuff in weird euphemisms and vague promises. Every single time a cycle was weird, he would change course the next time to try and outsmart my body. Eventually, it worked! I am so thankful for him.
They [nurses at Main Line Fertility in Bryn Mawr] were all patient, willing to answer my questions, and were so nice during what is obviously a very stressful time....When we did our frozen transfer, they forgot to call me the day that they thawed to tell me what was still viable. In addition, once I needed to have an HSG, and the front desk scheduled a regular ultrasound/bloodwork appointment, even though I specifically said I needed to schedule an HSG at least twice during the call.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask any question that pops into your mind. He won't give more details than an overview if you don't ask questions, but he never has a problem being more specific when pressed.
He answered all of our questions honestly - he didn't hesitate giving us answers we might not want, but he never sugarcoated or implied things were better than they were. When we had bad news, it seemed to upset and frustrate him as much as it upset and frustrated us. He also did a good job of trying to keep the scary stuff not so scary - he would make me laugh during transfers and IUIs and other invasive procedures go keep me calm.
For our 3 IVF cycles, the first cycle was I think a more or less standard cycle, which resulted in 13 eggs, but only 5 were mature, even though they were measuring via ultrasound as mature. For the second cycle, he added HGH to our protocol, because there was evidence that it can kick eggs up a notch. Unfortunately, that did not work for us - we got more eggs, but the quality was not as good as the first cycle. For the 3rd cycle, even though I definitely do not have PCOS, he felt I was reacting to medication more like a woman who does than a woman who doesn't. Because of that, he put me on metformin and lupron, in addition to the regular drugs. We got more mature eggs, made more embryos, and they were better quality than the previous two. It worked this time!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They were all patient, willing to answer my questions, and were so nice during what is obviously a very stressful time.
All of our procedures were covered by insurance. We were so lucky.
Treated 2012
The reason we initially traveled to see Dr. Glassner was because the Tay-Sachs Foundation shared with us his willingness to work with our financial situation in order to cover part of the costs of having to do ICSI, PGD, etc. to avoid having a child impacted by tay-sachs. Although I wouldn't say he was the 'perfect' doctor, I will be FOREVER grateful for his generosity and willingness to work with us...I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
I thought the nurses [at Main Line Fertility] were phenomenal - really patient, kind, caring, took the time to explain, understood our circumstances (traveling from DC to Philadelphia for treatment), etc...The practice helped me to arrange all monitoring in DC with Shady Grove (which ironically was covered by insurance - but would not have been, had I been a full patient of Shady Grove's - still dont understand that part!)...I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
The reason we initially traveled to see Dr. Glassner was because the Tay-Sachs Foundation shared with us his willingness to work with our financial situation in order to cover part of the costs of having to do ICSI, PGD, etc. to avoid having a child impacted by tay-sachs. Although I wouldn't say he was the 'perfect' doctor, I will be FOREVER grateful for his generosity and willingness to work with us. I do think I didn't have my eyes wide open about how hard the process would be, how time consuming it would be to wait for the PGD part of the process, and how we literally were down to 2 embryos by the end, one of which was clearly not going to make it. I learned a lot from the process - not sure if Dr. Glassner could have helped more in explaining that, or if I just wasn't able to hear it at the time.
Ask for realistic time frames and expectations for possible scenarios; it's not like you just pay the money and magically get your baby.
I thought the nurses were phenomenal - really patient, kind, caring, took the time to explain, understood our circumstances (traveling from DC to Philadelphia for treatment), etc.
We met with the doctor to explain the situation and they did some testing to ensure they had a full picture of my body (I had already had one miscarriage trying naturally); we then worked with the PGD people in New Jersey (Reprogenetics), which took a lot longer than expected. Once completed, we started the drug protocols, did the egg retrieval, eggs were tested after five days, re-frozen, and then I returned a month later for implantation. The practice helped me to arrange all monitoring in DC with Shady Grove (which ironically was covered by insurance - but would not have been, had I been a full patient of Shady Grove's - still dont understand that part!).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses were amazing - so patient, caring, kind, steady, etc.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
I did monitoring at Shady Grove in Washington, DC. Main Line helped to arrange this.
Treated 2010 - 2012
I felt that Dr. Glassner and staff were very attentive, responsive and caring... I was a single mom by choice and he was honest with me, about my age and what he recommended I do to get the best result, a pregnancy...He is very to the point however, if your goal is to get pregnant, he is the person to go to. I appreciated him being direct with me...I had 2 months of Clomid and 2 IUI's with the 1st donor I chose with no luck. Then I had to change donors (no more samples were available through my bank) and I had 1 more cycle with Clomid. Dr. Glassner recommended I then begin a cycle with injectibles, with the plan of seeing how my body would react. I had many less follicles that previous cycles however, I had a sperm dose available and so Dr Pfeffer recommend I do 1 last IUI. That resulted in a pregnancy and live birth.
staff [at Main Line Fertility were] very attentive, responsive and caring...The clinic is in a great location and because there is a large number of staff, I never had to wait long for blood draws etc. They were always helpful and understanding...i initially worked with Dr. Pfeffer who has since retired. When going to an appointment, I would see one or the other and whoever was available for the IUI would perform it. I was a single mom by choice and he was honest with me, about my age and what he recommended I do to get the best result, a pregnancy.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I felt that Dr. Glassner and staff were very attentive, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes, Anne Barrett.)
The nursing staff was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Caring, responsive, empathetic, just wonderful.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The clinic is in a great location and because there is a large number of staff, I never had to wait long for blood draws etc. They were always helpful and understanding. It is a very busy practice and there were times when I ran into people i knew there. Most of us were doing it in secret so that was a little awkward. I have no complaints.
I believe my insurance covered most visits except the actual IUI.
Bryn Mawr

Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor. He invited questions and made sure we felt comfortable with all the information we gave him.... He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point.
Super clean. Relatively short wait for the initial appointment, within less than 1 week of my call. Other doctors would have made us wait over a month. Possiblity of joining a clinical trial is encouraging. Mainline is the only fertility clinic in Philadelphia with the approval for clinical trials. Convenient appointment times before work... Dr. Gocial is patient, kind, and encouraging. From our very first meeting he was able to give us our diagnosis, which was never given to us at a previous doctor.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
He's a great doctor with a lot of experience. His compassion shows in all of his work. He shared that communication is very important to him and that he'd always be upfront with us. He definitely has done that up to this point. The thing that has made the most difference to us is his flexibility and willingness to provide more than one treatment option for us and allow us to decide what works the best for us.
Don't hesitate to ask questions- Dr. Gocial considers all your concerns and no question is too small.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very caring
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Single embryo transfer has been recommended to us. For my husband and I, we will cross the bridge when we come to it and have a bigger discussion after our egg retrieval and when we know how many embryos we have
Benjamin Gocial
Treated 2017 - 2018
I feel confident having Dr. Glassner as my doctor. He explains everything in detail and in a way I can understand. I got pregnant on my own but miscarried and the empathy and understanding through that experience was wonderful. He helped me and my partner understand what happened and how to move forward. We are currently still trying to get pregnant.... We wanted to start small and work our way up. Based on insurance and financial commitments, he recommended our treatments around what we felt confortsble with. Since oral meds alone hasn’t worked for us we are now considering IUI and IVF.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is kind, compassionate and caring. For the amount of patients always waiting to see the doctors, they know who you are, and don’t make you feel rushed through the process. Their approach is positive yet sensitive to your situation.... I love the nursing staff! They are compassionate, personable women that helped me feel comfortable through every step of the process.... We wanted to start small and work our way up. Based on insurance and financial commitments,
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask any and all questions. Don’t be afraid to ask the smallest one. He will be honest and tell you exactly what is going on.
Everyone in that office knows me by sight. They remember me, are personable, and make every attempt to make me comfortable through this process.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is kind, compassionate and caring. For the amount of patients always waiting to see the doctors, they know who you are, and don’t make you feel rushed through the process. Their approach is positive yet sensitive to your situation.
I had my copays and I used my FSA.
Treated 2010 - 2018
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] is caring, determined and he knows what he’s doing!...Dr. Glassner always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles...Dr. Glassner never gave up on me. He treated me with respect, he allowed me to grieve after each cycle and move to the next treatment at my pace...was always available if I needed to talk to him...Dr. Glassner is the most amazing person!...
Dr. Glassner [at Main Line Fertility] always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles...Pros: Dedicated, smart, caring clinic. Always had appointments, short wait times, great bedside manner, good communication, payment options/discounts available, helped with medications when needed. I could go on forever! Cons: I wish we could see our charts and communicate online!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
After a horrible experience with my 1st RE, he was determined to help me have a family. Dr. Glassner never gave up on me. He treated me with respect, he allowed me to grieve after each cycle and move to the next treatment at my pace.
Trust him, he knows what he is doing!!
Dr. Glassner is the most amazing person! He’s caring, determined and he knows what he’s doing!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Bridget, Terri, Rachel, & Regina we’re amazing!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Convenient times/days, fast appts, short waits, results called by 2pm. Nurses did majority of the visit, but Dr. was always available if I needed to talk to him.
We spent over $100,000 on treatments, our insurance didn’t cover much. Dr. Glassner always helped us with lower/discounted costs, payment plans, & he even waived some fees during a few cycles.
In my specific case, he recommended multiple embryo transfer due to the numerous unsuccessful cycles I had. He was allowed me to have a say in the decision as well. Together we thought 2 was the right choice. Our next transfer we’re only putting 1 in. He treats each patient & each cycle individually.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Glassner may be a bit rushed, as he has a busy practice. But, he will sit with you and answer any questions you have. He uses personal situations to compare with your own. He is extremely compassionate. He will leave it up to you as to what to do, though he gives you options and his opinion... very open and honest with you, but he does provide hope for everyone...even if odds are bleak. He is willing to work with each patient as an individual, knowing not everyone is the same. After my miscarriage, he called me with results, and several months later, he called me for a 'mental health' check in
IVF round [at Main Line Fertility] was $9000 for just monitoring and retrieval. If you did a fresh transfer with that cycle, add $800. Frozen embryo transfers were $3500...It is a very nice, new clinic. The waiting room can be very busy. Parking is a hassle, though there is a parking garage right there, it is usually packed. State of the art technology. They have water/coffee/tea in the waiting room for everyone
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very open and honest with you, but he does provide hope for everyone...even if odds are bleak. He is willing to work with each patient as an individual, knowing not everyone is the same. After my miscarriage, he called me with results, and several months later, he called me for a 'mental health' check in
Don't feel rushed. If you have questions, write them down before you go in, so you get everything answered
Gonal F/Folistim high dose. Menopur 1 or 2 vials twice a day. Microdose Lupron. Omnitrope sometimes. Used clomid once-without good results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The practice is extremely busy, but there are IVF nurses, retrieval nurses, office visit nurses, etc. All of the nurses are very sweet and kind and try to be optimistic.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
IVF round was $9000 for just monitoring and retrieval. If you did a fresh transfer with that cycle, add $800. Frozen embryo transfers were $3500
Treated 2016 - 2018
Going into see Dr.Orris we knew that we had male factor. Not only was he professional, he made sure we understood everything! He also referred us to the best fertility urologist in the area and communicated with him to give us the best treatment possible... We attempted 3 of them with my husbands sperm and all were unsuccessful. I responded fine to the clomid and gonal. The male factor was just super sever and eventually we needed to cancel our last scheduled iui because my husband had zero sperm. We moved onto iui with donor, I did 100mg of clomid and had two beautiful follicles, the iui in my opinion was timed perfectly
Everyone at every office [Main Line Fertility] is kind and patient! And let me tell you, they are a busy office! They get to know you very well and share a special bond with you! I can not say enough good things about all of them!... Seeing Allison [a nurse] was like seeing a friend every time I went in. She was so easy to talk to and even at times cry to! I can honestly say if I am to get pregnant I will miss seeing her
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask questions if your unsure of anything! He is a very intelligent man and knows his stuff but will adjust to make you comfortable so make sure you ask about anything you don’t understand
Dr.Orris was always warm and inviting at every appointment. He didn’t just see me as another patient he had.
We did 4 Iui’s with dr. Orris. We attempted 3 of them with my husbands sperm and all were unsuccessful. I responded fine to the clomid and gonal. The male factor was just super sever and eventually we needed to cancel our last scheduled iui because my husband had zero sperm. We moved onto iui with donor, I did 100mg of clomid and had two beautiful follicles, the iui in my opinion was timed perfectly and I am now in my tww.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Allison )
Seeing Allison was like seeing a friend every time I went in. She was so easy to talk to and even at times cry to! I can honestly say if I am to get pregnant I will miss seeing her
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everyone at every office is kind and patient! And let me tell you, they are a busy office! They get to know you very well and share a special bond with you! I can not say enough good things about all of them!
I think, this far we are about 3,000ish in.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr Glassner is the reason my husband and I came to Main Line Fertility to seek treatment. I felt like I was receiving the best of care from him. He was very thoughtful and thorough with his explainantions of what to expect and what he foresees the outcome to be. His confidence in his abilities and his staff is very reassuring...His interactions with his patients is personal and genuine.... 1st cycle was the Finox study. Birth control pills, Lupron, aspirin and stimulating meds....
Initial communication about what I needed to do to start off my second cycle was a mixed up. But the staff [Main Line Fert- Bryn Mawr] caught the oversight and it did not affect my start date. So perhaps they could assign a staff member to follow individual patients from cycle start to finish.... My first cycle was a study so the treatment costs were very minimal.... The entire staff is comforting and experienced. Every visit I was made to feel important and comfortable.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest about your expectations.
Dr Glassner has a phenomenal bedside manner. His interactions with his patients is personal and genuine. He makes you feel like you are very important to him.
1st cycle was the Finox study. Birth control pills, Lupron, aspirin and stimulating meds. Retrieved 10 eggs. 9 mature and 6 fertilized. Crinone for 12 weeks after. Transferred 2 embryos and conceived and live birthed twins. The remaining embryos did not make it to day 5. 2nd cycle: Follistim, Cetrocide and Menopur for 10 days. 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized and only 3 progresses. All 3 stopped progressing by day 4.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Initial communication about what I needed to do to start off my second cycle was a mixed up. But the staff caught the oversight and it did not affect my start date. So perhaps they could assign a staff member to follow individual patients from cycle start to finish.
My first cycle was a study so the treatment costs were very minimal. My 2nd cycle Dr Glassner greatly reduced so that it was affordable for us to do.
Bryn Mawr
Knowledgable, straight forward and understanding. He [Dr. Glassner] did not question my decision to use a sperm donor or my marital status, only offered his medical advice which was appreciated. He outlined the first approach and if that was unsuccessful options for next steps.... I had elevated prolactin, which was managed with a month of medication prior to my IUI. Once those levels were normal I was cleared to take letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle, with an ultrasound on day 7. I used the trigger shot day 9 and had the Iui day11.
The office [Main Line Fertility] and nurses were a well oiled machine that guided me well throughout my monitoring and IUI. Once my pregnancy was confirmed they were not as helpful, but think thats because I was on my way out of the office (into a regular ob/gyn)... My results showed elevated prolactin, which a nurse only followed up on after I called about the results I saw in the online portal. About 2 weeks later the doctor called to follow up and prescribe the same thing initally done without any knowledge of doing it
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Knowledgable, straight forward and understanding. He did not question my decision to use a sperm donor or my marital status, only offered his medical advice which was appreciated. He outlined the first approach and if that was unsuccessful options for next steps.
Bring questions to the initial consult and ask questions about next steps as you go along
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The office and nurses were a well oiled machine that guided me well throughout my monitoring and IUI. Once my pregnancy was confirmed they were not as helpful, but think thats because I was on my way out of the office (into a regular ob/gyn)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Very well organized office and staff- all have specialized jobs and practiced hand offs throughout the process. Very friendly and welcoming nurses, all staff was open to the different ways people decide to become parents
IUI was out of pocket-$480. Trigger shot was $75. All other visits/procedures were co pays
Bryn Mawr
I often saw Dr. Glassner's PA more than him but still felt cared for...He was very candid during my 1st visit which set the tone of my time there. I would have liked more explanation of my challenges instead of what I felt were standard answers for someone my age (almost 40.) Overall, I feel like he responds well to my ongoing treatment setbacks....
[Main Line Fert] Strengths: Responsive, compassionate staff, well regarded, team will try everything they can do to help you achieve your desired outcome. Weaknesses: You feel rushed, not enough 1 on 1 with doctor, not enough early morning appointments for working patients...Nurses at the clinic were very nice but often hurried....They treat you with care and share in your disappointments and Joy's.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask questions and don't be afraid to be just as candid as he is.
Nurses at the clinic were very nice but often hurried. I often saw Dr. Glassner's PA more than him but still felt cared for.
Cycle 1: times intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 2: iui w/clomid, low sperm motility. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 3: clomid, timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. Cycle 4: 2 iuis w/ clomid, fermera, low sperm motility, low amh, negative pregnancy test Cycle 5: gonal-f, ovidrel trigger, timed intercourse over 2 days (iui had to be cancelled by patient). Waiting outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They treat you with care and share in your disappointments and Joy's.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Insurance covered: Appointments: $40 IUI:$20 Medications: $7 to $49 range Not covered by insurance: Gonal-F and Ovidrel: $840 ( with 25% veterans discount)
Treated 2018 - 2019
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables [with Dr. Michael Glassner]. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle... is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone [at Main Line Fertility]. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private...[nurses are] Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
You have to have a sense of humor and be prepared for a straight shooter.
Dr. Glassner is kind and everybody knows my name and is kind and patient.
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private.
Fertility costs are expensive in my opinion. Over $10,000 for one cycle.
I only have one embryo
Bryn Mawr
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help!... He is very busy, certainly tries to make time but be patient if you can’t see him every time.... He and their team are pretty dead set on single embryo transfer to reduce risks.... Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited
The office [Main Line Fertility] is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.... They are very patient and kind. They’ve seen it all, so when I first called and explained our story and lost it on the phone, they were more than compassionate and kind.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help! This was a welcomed change from our prior experience at another fertility group.
Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited, he provided an active approach with statistics and realistic expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Colleen, Kristen, Maureen)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.
Pretty standard
Treated 2010 - 2018
He [Dr. Orris] knew a lot of the latest studies and had a lot of knowledge. He called me himself after two chemical pregnancies. He always had an option for continuing. He is he warmest but he knows his stuff and more has the attitude of Getting it done.... He is very matter of fact and wasn’t into being buddy-buddy but he was extremely knowledgeable.... One egg retrieval, 5 FETs, two chemical pregnancies, one daughter. After the first chemical he had me try a protocol for NK cells with infusions.
Having multiple doctors means the scheduling is easier but that you may not always be with your doctor. Sometimes there is a long wait if you don’t get in first thing in the morning. They [Main Line Fertility] are really good at responding to emails and phone calls.... I think retrieval was around $25k and each FET was around $6-8k... [Nursing Staff] They were always very friendly. Sometimes I felt like it was chaotic with a lot to keep straight.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He knew a lot of the latest studies and had a lot of knowledge. He called me himself after two chemical pregnancies. He always had an option for continuing. He is he warmest but he knows his stuff and more has the attitude of Getting it done.
Ask questions, advocate for yourself. They only give you answers to the questions you ask. Come in with a list of what you want to know.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Having multiple doctors means the scheduling is easier but that you may not always be with your doctor. Sometimes there is a long wait if you don’t get in first thing in the morning. They are really good at responding to emails and phone calls.
I think retrieval was around $25k and each FET was around $6-8k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
Some of my prescriptions weren’t called in to he pharmacy and I had to follow up.
Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. John Orris] was there to answer any questions. When my mother in law died and we missed an IUI he personally called us. He cares about his patients and knows that this is an emotional journey. He takes his time to walk you though concerns and gives you his best senerio...My husband and I both tested well. No issues. Lining was always good. And I always stimulated well. Always had good sperm quality. We were shocked IUI didn’t work. We have now moved on to IVF and we have done retrieval and waiting to see how many we can implant
There could not be a better staff [at Main Line Fertility]. So many have gotten me on this journey so they are very sympathetic to what you are going through...Very good at calling back. Good communicator. But make sure to stay on top of your bill. They switched systems in the middle of us getting treated and it was a little Crazy to understand. They are good at scheduling when you need to be there and work around you work schedule
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He was there to answer any questions. When my mother in law died and we missed an IUI he personally called us. He cares about his patients and knows that this is an emotional journey. He takes his time to walk you though concerns and gives you his best senerio
Make sure to ask questions
Open honest and cared about us. Explained things and didn’t push us to do anything we were not ready for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
There could not be a better staff. So many have gotten me on this journey so they are very sympathetic to what you are going through
Treated 2011 - 2018
Dr G [Michael Glassner] is a compassionate dr who deeply wants husband patients to experience pregnancy. He is always there when you need him and goes out of his way to help. That being said, he can also be brash and jovial in his bedside manner which some may find off putting. He is very confident in himself and his work, but he has reason to be. He has a vast knowledge and experience both personally and professionally.
Many patients and it [Main Line Fertility] is run like a tight ship. You are in and out quickly. Which is good and bad. They always take extra time if you need it or ask for it. And are always open. All of the employees and doctors that I have been with at the practice are exceptional.... The women on the IVF team are some of the best women I have ever met. Caring and compassionate, open and encouraging. I could not have made it through infertility without their support
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr G is a compassionate dr who deeply wants husband patients to experience pregnancy. He is always there when you need him and goes out of his way to help. That being said, he can also be brash and jovial in his bedside manner which some may find off putting. He is very confident in himself and his work, but he has reason to be. He has a vast knowledge and experience both personally and professionally.
Trust him and his process
I formed great relationships with the day to day nurses (Ivf), and have a good relationship w Dr Glassner. While I don’t seem him often, when I do I always feel as if I am his only patient and that he deeply cares that I get pregnant
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Many patients and it is run like a tight ship. You are in and out quickly. Which is good and bad. They always take extra time if you need it or ask for it. And are always open. All of the employees and doctors that I have been with at the practice are exceptional.
Treated 2016
I think he [Dr. Glassner] is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
It's [Main Line Fertility] very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr...The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor [Glassner] himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive...Spend as much time as possible with his PA, Rachel. She is kind, warm, compassionate and willing to spend time to explain things carefully.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I think he is very very good at what he does, which is why I'm still undergoing treatment with him. However, he is a very fast talker, not very good at explaining things (and his handwriting is terrible) and is not very compassionate. He once told me "Don't get any older." That is really an insensitive remark to say to someone undergoing ART mostly due to their age. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, he is not it.
The front desk and nursing staff is caring, but the doctor himself is brusque, hurried and insensitive.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's very very large. They lost blood samples once. They also messed up an appointment and made us wait once. I much prefer the Paoli office to the Bryn Mawr office, but once you are doing IVF, you have to go to Bryn Mawr.
Treated 2013 - 2014
His [Dr. Michael Glassner] philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins.... I would absolutely recommend if the person knows there will be quick visits, not a lot of fluff. Just follow his directions. He knows what he’s doing. If you want more of a bedside manner and explanations he won’t be a good match
They [the nurses at Main Line Fertility- Bryn Mawr] are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.... Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he [Dr. Michael Glassner] would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.... His [Dr. Michael Glassner] philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
I would absolutely recommend if the person knows there will be quick visits, not a lot of fluff. Just follow his directions. He knows what he’s doing. If you want more of a bedside manner and explanations he won’t be a good match.
Just do as he says.
Very quick visits. Like a cattle call sometimes. However there were also times when I would call very upset and he would phone me back. He is empathetic. Just very busy. He gets results.
Don’t remember specifics but we did adjust meds during last IVF session. Also re-evaluated clomid/iui after finished results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are the best. They ran that place. You saw them all the time. Do compassionate.
His philosophy was to put all of them in due to the low grading. We put 9 in over 3 cycles. 1 stick and then divided for identical twins.