825 Old Lancaster Rd.
915 Old Fern Hill Road
West Chester, PA 19380
610-840-1500

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner is so kind and spends time with you answering every question that you may have...will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough...Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!...We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
they [staff at Main Line Fertility] are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!...Each and every nurse is extremely kind and helpful. If you have questions they will literally stop what that are doing and bring you into a consult room to re-review until you are completely comfortable. Amazing team!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner will explain everything to you including all risks. He is thorough and will answer any and all questions that you may have. Our first retrieval didn't go as well as we hoped and he was the first to call me to discuss in detail and create a plan for a second retrieval that included slowing my body down so I could produce better quality/mature eggs. He is excellent!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
You can put your trust in Dr. Glassner, take a breath and know he will do the absolute best for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols Michael Glassner used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
First IVF retrieval med combo of Gonal-F/ Menapur. We didn't get as many mature eggs as we thought/hoped. Dr. Glassner decided we needed to slow the process down for my body. So for my second IVF retrieval he did a med combo Birth control (3 weeks), then Gonal-F/ Menapur/lupron. This process was longer, but so worth it. We had triple the amount of mature eggs/ and triple the amount of normal embryos - ecstatic !
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
You will be very impressed with this clinic, they are helpful and on top of EVERYTHING! You can relax and know they will take care of you from consult, medications, insurance (which is a HUGE pain), financials.... the list goes on... I really cannot even imagine how difficult it could have been if hadn't left our prior clinic, Penn. Main Line Fertility is AMAZING!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Main Line Fertility .
Efficient well oiled machine. You are called back for blood work (super quick and easy), then you wait in a small waiting room (usually very brief), brought into private room for ultra sound, nurse discussion. If Dr. wants to see you you would then see them, or could request to see them. They call you around 3 pm that day with any results from blood-work or adjustments to be made to medications or protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility .
PGT- genetic testing of embryos- $3200 $9000 IVF cycle without insurance? (includes all) Medications - 2-4000$ insurance can cover Embryo transfer $3500 (includes all)
Describe Michael Glassner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Strong preference to transfer one embryo at a time. Now, we had done genetic testing on the embryos and everything seems normal on my end, I am not sure if his preference would change with different patients - I'd imagine so
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr Brasile has been very transparent, and informative. She explains everything in detail and always answers any questions we may have. She explains things in an easy to understand manner, and makes sure we understand. She has been supportive throughout the entire process. ... We originally started with just taking clomid, then added letrozole. These drugs were to help produce more/better "follicles". I was having trouble with one of my tubes (blockage), so it was recommended I pause treatment and have it removed (which I did). We are now back on track with meds, and have since done 2 IUI procedures.
The nursing staff [Main Line Fertility] has been absolutely amazing. They are organized and efficient. They greet every single patient with a smile, and are very understanding and compassionate. They keep us on track with appointments and reminders, and offer a friendly face while doing so. ... The clinic is always organized and clean. The appointments are usually on time, and everyone is taken care of. I have never felt rushed, or delayed. They are very good at making sure you don't have any unanswered questions or concerns before leaving also.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is very direct, which I appreciate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Everyone is friendly and professional. They speak to you by name every time, and do their best to review your case prior to any appointments, so they have the latest and most accurate info. They have been supportive and informative every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff has been absolutely amazing. They are organized and efficient. They greet every single patient with a smile, and are very understanding and compassionate. They keep us on track with appointments and reminders, and offer a friendly face while doing so.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
the diagnostics associated with my case have been covered by insurance, with the exception of a co-pay for each visit. IUI is not covered by my insurance and is around $500. IVF is also not covered, but they do offer discounted rates to participant in clinical trials (about half off of the treatment cost).
Deanna Brasile
Treated 2020
We consulted with Dr. El-Roiey after a year and a half of infertility. He went through and did all of the diagnostics, and blatantly told us we “needed IVF” and this was our only option to conceive. I am 26, my husband is 27. We were not expecting some terrible news like this, and he was hardly compassionate. He was unwilling to try other options than IVF and when I asked questions just felt like he was annoyed by the questions I had after researching.
Strength [of Main Line Fertility] is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. ... The nurses that I had met were nice and compassionate but also felt rushed at some points.
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
I felt as though he lacked compassion and that all he cared about was “selling” IVF. He was uninterested in helping us understand and was less than willing to research why my husbands sperm count was so low.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
Expect bluntness- he has no bedside manner. Expect to be your own advocate and ASK QUESTIONS. He will question why you have so many questions but otherwise you won’t get much out of him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
Describe the protocols Albert El-Roeiy used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
we only went through initial diagnostics with him. When he gave us the only option of IVF (which we could not afford with him), we went for a second opinion elsewhere and are much happier.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strength is definitely communication. Reception was always willing to answer questions and help out. You could get in for diagnostics and consults relatively fast. I would not recommend this place for anyone who doesn’t know infertility yet, only someone willing to be their own advocate. I feel Dr. El-Roiey lacks compassion and is so used to people just agreeing to IVF he doesn’t see the need to do other testing or procedures, and if you can’t afford that or don’t agree with him than he is uninterested in helping you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility .
Copays for consults, other than that didn’t pay anything out of pocket. IVF at their facility runs close to $20k.
Albert El-Roeiy

Treated 2020
Dr. Glassner spent time to get to know my situation and fertility history. He offered all possibly courses of action and treatment. He explained all possible courses and what those outcomes could be. He gave me and my partner time to decide the course we wanted to take and worked with us to complete that. ... My cycles began using follistim injectable medication because in the past I had used both clomid and letrazole without successful pregnancy. He monitored my cycle closely and when he determined it was time to trigger he performed a post coital test. The test did not show live sperm so IUI was suggested as the best course of treatment so this was done after triggering.
This clinic [Main Line Fertility] is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair. ... All of the nursing staff I encountered was pleasant, caring and compassionate. They were always available for questions and made the process very seamless. Alissa was extremely helpful and available to me.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be open with Dr. Glassner and ask any questions you may have about your treatment. He is very helpful.
Dr. Glassner and his staff where compassionate and helpful. The first thing they did was offer empathy for my situation and ask how I was dealing with everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Alissa Barrie)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is clean and well organized. The waiting room is comfortable and various beverages are provided. The patient rooms are clean and accommodating. The only downfall is limited parking on your own; however, valet is available right at the front entrance and prices are fair.
The costs for my treatment where reasonable after insurance. I have worked with a few fertility doctors and they seem very standard.
I did not have this type of procedure.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for....Dr. Glassner is super understanding and compassionate while also very smart. He has seen tons of cases and knows which is the best path for you. He does not push anything on you. I came to him after four natural miscarriages, he laid out our best path and though I wasn't quite ready to start where he suggested, he was totally understanding of that and we set a different path. Also, when we first met him, he really felt for my husband during all of this, which no one really had before.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you....This clinic is clean and new. Everything is run smoothly from sign in to when you are called back. There are times that you may wait and it may be very crowded, but that is because they take their time with each patient.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Trust him and if you have any uncertainties ask questions. He is honest and upfront.
The offices at MLF have a tendency to be busy with alot of patients. But once you get into the room with Dr. Glassner, he makes you feel like you are the only patient and he does not rush you. He takes the time to answer all questions, give you his honest opinion and when needed a hug or encouraging words. After my fifth miscarriage, first under his care, he was kind enough to let me slip out the back door so I did not need to see anyone else. He is a super caring doctor.
Dr. Glassner first had me do a full recurrent miscarriage panel that my previous doctor did not test for. My first cycle he just monitored it. The second one we again just monitored it, but they did put me on progesterone post ovulation and baby aspirin (as a clot disorder came back in the panel). This cycle we achieved pregnancy on our own. However, this also ended in a miscarriage. We again did a natural cycle followed by one with Letrozole and monitoring. And now here we are in the middle of COVID. We were planning to move towards IVF once this is over.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nurses are great and kept everything running smoothly. Everyone is so nice and compassionate. When I got pregnant they were excited but also understood my pause for concern. When I miscarried they were right there with me. If I ever had questions and called one of them would call me back that day.
Treated 2020
He [Dr. El-Roeiy] had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail...the results from the procedure [HSG] were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will
The billing department [at Main Line Fertility] never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all...everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage)
How was your experience with Albert El-Roeiy at Main Line Fertility ?
The procedure I had (saline hysterosonography) was the most painful medical experience I've ever had due to technique and the use of a tenaculum (old-fashioned gyn device that pierces through your cervix to hold it in place). Subsequently four OB/REI providers have told me that they never use this draconian device on women anymore as it is painful and not needed. I have had subsequent hysteroscopy, CVS and other cervical procedures without the tenaculum and zero pain. Furthermore, the results from the procedure were completely inaccurate and laughable to other physicians that reviewed them at MGH. Dr. El-Roeiy's note only included two scribbles on a single piece of paper saying "uterine adhesions" and "complete bilateral tubal blockage." Not a single adhesion was found a few weeks later when another doctor did a hysteroscopy procedure. My husband and I are baffled at how something can be seen on ultrasound that isn't there. I'm so glad I got away from El-Roeiy when I did due to inaccuracy of his procedures, painful technique, and uncaring billing practices (everything will be billed as "infertility" even if it diagnostic in nature so expect to pay hefty prices for everything even if your insurance provides diagnostic coverage). He is absolutely unwilling to budge or assist on any billing issues at all and will not make an effort to work with you/respond to any messages or questions.
Run away, there are far more caring and evidence-based physicians in the area.
He had not read our notes before our initial consultation, felt very basic/rushed and did not explain the needed sequence/justification for work up procedures with enough detail
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The billing department never answers the phone and is not helpful in dealing with any issues or discrepancies. Expect prices to differ from what may be quoted. Also expect to be required to do an extensive lab workup irregardless of your personal history and risk factors before being seen at all.
800+336 for semen analysis and freezing of two specimens
Albert El-Roeiy
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Gocial was adamant about single embryo transfers...was always heart felt, never felt rushed, called me back, answered all my questions...he quotes studies and facts, tells you percentage of success rates. I am so happy to be in his care. He is responsive and I always know I can contact him and he will call back. He makes sure to answer all of my questions, and helps guide my next choice...he is very respectful of your choices...At first we did letrozole, and I was monitored for ovulation, we did timed intercourse. Next, round I also did letrozole with a higher dose and timed intercourse. Followed, letrozole and clomid with timed intercourse. We then did genetric testing which delayed us for a month. Following, we did clomid and letrozole with IUI, the following round i was not as resp
we did clomid and letrozole with IUI [at Main Line Fertility], the following round i was not as responsive, so we tried injectables and IUI, and then we began the ivF journey...Barb my nurse is an angel, she is responsible, returns calls, knows my treatment plan. Karen the front desk was always accommodating while making appointments...They use paper charting, and I think some of the pieces of paper got ripped or it seemed hard to find
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is exceptionally compassionate, kind, ans caring.. I trust his expertise, he quotes studies and facts, tells you percentage of success rates. I am so happy to be in his care. He is responsive and I always know I can contact him and he will call back. He makes sure to answer all of my questions, and helps guide my next choice
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
I would say, he is very respectful of your choices. However, it may be good to ask more for his opinion regarding next steps. I wish we would have moved to IVF sooner than we did.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
dr. Gocial was always heart felt, never felt rushed, called me back, answered all my questions
Describe the protocols Benjamin Gocial used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
At first we did letrozole, and I was monitored for ovulation, we did timed intercourse. Next, round I also did letrozole with a higher dose and timed intercourse. Followed, letrozole and clomid with timed intercourse. We then did genetric testing which delayed us for a month. Following, we did clomid and letrozole with IUI, the following round i was not as responsive, so we tried injectables and IUI, and then we began the ivF journey. So far, I had 1 egg retrieval with 1 FET. He suggested we do PGT tested frozen embryos. The 1 FET resulted in a 9 week miscarriage. Now, he started me on NOrethindorne for a month prior to doing the next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I think fertility is grueling to go through. The doctor/clinic could be hopeful yet also warn regarding how terrible it could be too. The doctor is always positive. But, I think it may be beneficial to hear some of the bad news too
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility .
For IVF it was roughly 25000 total for retrieval, meds, PGT testing. My IUI was covered, meds for injectaboe rounds were about $700
Describe Benjamin Gocial's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Dr. Gocial was adamant about single embryo transfers.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Friendly, but states things honestly and up front. He [Dr. Minassian] always used my name and answered any questions that I had. He made me feel comfortable when I was extremely nervous to have a Male doctor. He has definitely met my expectations and exceeded in excellent patient care... We did clomid and a trigger shot. Then did an iui. It worked but miscarried... He mentioned the multiple embryo transfer when we do ivf
The office [Main Line Fertility] is very well Organized. All the staff there is Friendly and they Communicate well! The only thing I'd say was the girl who did blood draws didn't seem to be able to do it well. It always hurt and more often than not she couldn't find the vein and would go through both arms and wiggling it around. But no one else has ever had trouble finding it for me. But she is very sweet and I'm grateful to be a patient at MLF in reading
How was your experience with Shahab Minassian at Main Line Fertility ?
Friendly, but states things honestly and up front. He always used my name and answered any questions that I had. He made me feel comfortable when I was extremely nervous to have a Male doctor. He has definitely met my expectations and exceeded in excellent patient care
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shahab Minassian at Main Line Fertility ?
Ask questions and be sure to be involved in the decision process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shahab Minassian at Main Line Fertility ?
He always used my name and was nice, accommodating and pleasant to be around
Describe the protocols Shahab Minassian used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
We did clomid and a trigger shot. Then did an iui. It worked but miscarried
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very friendly, and able to answer any additional questions that I had
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is very well Organized. All the staff there is Friendly and they Communicate well! The only thing I'd say was the girl who did blood draws didn't seem to be able to do it well. It always hurt and more often than not she couldn't find the vein and would go through both arms and wiggling it around. But no one else has ever had trouble finding it for me. But she is very sweet and I'm grateful to be a patient at MLF in reading
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shahab Minassian at Main Line Fertility .
Most of it has been covered by my insurance except my husband's chromosome testing
Describe Shahab Minassian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
He mentioned the multiple embryo transfer when we do ivf
Shahab Minassian
Reading
He [Dr. Glassner] is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing [at Main Line Fertility] to help us get the best results possible...The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated...We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD...There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner is confident, is able to build rapport very quickly and explains the tests, treatments and plan very accurately without overwhelming us. I am fortunate to be in the medical field, but my husband is not, but Dr. Glassner was patient with him and was able to communicate equally well with both of us. He is very straightforward and can seem a little blunt, but it helps reinforce his confidence and experience in what he does. We are currently going through an incredibly difficult ectopic pregnancy that we are treating with medications, and Dr. Glassner was available on call for questions. He knows us by name, he is so optimistic it's infectious. I don't think we would continue our pursuit of becoming parents without him.
Dr. Glassner is an incredibly confident, capable doctor who really listens to what the patients' needs and goals. He is energetic and upbeat, and though may seem blunt at times, I think he really cares about each patient. I feel incredibly fortunate to be one of his patients.
After 2 miscarriages, we went to see Dr. Glassner for help. We were able to conceive after 6 cycles, but we found out that the pregnancy was not normal, though we weren't sure why initially. Dr. Glassner and his team helped us through the few first days after finding out our pregnancy was not going to continue. He was able to determine the cause and spent hours working with us to determine a treatment and the next steps. After going through 2 miscarriages alone, with only minimal input from our regular OB/Gyn, Dr Glassner's help and assistance lessened the heartache, sadness and confusion and has us optimistic for the next steps. We told ourselves we would not continue pursuing having a child, but his support is helping us to keep trying to achieve our dream of becoming parents.
Because of our previous miscarriages, we knew we could get pregnant, but we were concerned of the quality of the eggs. We were also worried that we were getting older, so the odds of miscarriage was only going to increase. Initially we said that IVF was off the table and that if we had another miscarriage, we were going to stop trying. Dr. Glassner agreed that we could just try medications like Clomid and Femara to help us get pregnant again faster and hope that the pregnancy would be successful. We used just clomid for 4 cycles with no luck. We then moved to clomid and femara with IUI and were able to get pregnant on our 2nd cycle. We saw a gestational sac initially, but a week later there was nothing in the uterus but a probable ectopic pregnancy was found on my ovary. We discussed options, including surgery to diagnose exactly what was going on, but Dr. Glassner was able to help with non-invasive treatment. Even though we are devastated to lose another pregnancy, Dr. Glassner's support and confidence helped us make the decision to move forward. We have our first IVF orientation next week and will look into pre-implantation genetic testing to help us get the best results possible.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
The nursing staff over the past few months have been so supportive. They are excited each month to hear if we have good news to share, and when the positive test comes, they are elated. During our current miscarriage, the nurses have helped us through each step of the way and have been incredibly compassionate and have helped us understand what is happening. They are making this terrible situation bearable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This is a beautiful clinic, the facility is brand new and very professional. The receptionists are fantastic, I always feel welcomed and it seems like they always know who the clients are. There are always appointments available at convenient times. It's already very difficult going through testing, monitoring appointments and now recheck appointments, let alone balancing them with work schedules. This clinic is so accommodating and really understands the stress that couples go through during this process, and they make every effort to make it as easy as possible.
So far we have had minimal costs other than co-pays. We anticipate paying around $20,000 for IVF and PGD.
Treated 2017 - 2019
[Main Line Fertility has] a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year...My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is one of the most caring doctors . Although the end goal is a healthy pregnancy, he always considers me and my health. He always is concerned about my mental health . I never leave a visit felling lost or confused . He gives me all the options and we decide together . I wouldn’t trust anyone else .
Be honest and open.
All the staff at his office , including himself have always made me feel comfortable and cares about . They are there for me during each up and down.
I started this process right before I turned 40. I was tested for all of the norms ( egg reserve, uterine polyps, tubal damage ....). My egg retrieval was almost aborted because Dr. Gocial thought that I was going to hyperstimulate. He monitored me everyday and thankfully everything went well. He suggested PGD/PGS testing and I declined . My first transfer I used one embryo. He second I used two. Both produced negative pregnancy test . At that point Dr. Gocial suggest that I get a ERA done. The rest showed that I was 2 days pre-receptive . To be sure he suggested that a second ERA be performed. The results were the same as the first . Using that data , the next cycle I took two extra days of Crinone. The cycle was a positive pregnancy test . There was a strong heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. At 8 weeks and 5 days the heartbeat had stopped. I’m waiting for the results of the embryo biopsy . Dr. Gocial suggested that I take a break before the next cycle . During the next 4 weeks I will be taking Norethindrone to suppress any possible endometriosis that has not been detected during other testing. He believes that this will assist with any implantation issues. I will also be doing genetic testing prior to transfer the next cycle .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
I can’t say enough about the nurses at Mainline Fertility . They are so caring and compassionate. They cheer with you, cry with you, make you feel special. They nursing team has planned a major role in my love for the clinic.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths: Very personable Flexible scheduling Treated as an individual, not a number Very transparent with options and prices Offers financial assistance Entire team is awesome I don’t have any weaknesses to comment on. My experience has been a good one. I went to another clinic prior and didn’t go for more than three visits . This was due to poor customer service . Mainline Fertility and Dr. Gocial have exceeded my expectations.
I’m a nurse and I work overnight . I was always told long as I was there before 10:45am. So, I would say very flexible .
I’m blessed with 100% IVF coverage . They do have a financial coordinator that explains cost and financing in depth if needed. My ERAs were not covered , but I was made aware of the cost before hand . Any anesthesia cost are also not covered under any insurance. Storage fees for embryo and sperm are about 700 per year .
Dr. Gocial is very conservative in that area. I respect him for that. For my individual situation he suggest single embryo transfer. I’m 42 and wouldn’t want to tale the chance or risk of multiple births .
Bryn Mawr

He [Dr. Glassner] just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. ... He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. ... I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage.
They [Main Line Fertility] are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though ... I’ve just had a nurse, embryologist and dr tell me all different things about the same topic which were conflicting bits of info
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He just seems to be super busy and I felt like I was always rushed when speaking with him. I did not see him right before my retrieval or even afterwards which was disheartening that he didn’t check on me. He does seem to know what he’s talking about & I trust his expertise but he talks fast and very candidly without a lot of time for questions
To demand how ever much time you need with him or ask him to slow down or repeat things if he’s talking too fast or you don’t understand something
He seems to be very busy and doesn’t take as much time as I’d like to review my questions. He does seem to be reachable though when I request to speak with him
I had a low AMH with history or one miscarriage that was a trisomy he he moved to recommend IVF very quickly if I wanted to avoid another potential miscarriage. I’m not sure about what protocol he used specifically for my IVF plan but intend on finding out. He also tested my husbands sperm later than he should have & found his morphology to be zero. He asked him to do a repeat test which was a bit better but recommended ICSI for all eggs instead of half of the eggs or as a backup.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Very compassionate but over worked.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are extremely busy and the wait times for your appts are insane.. always an hour plus wait. I also can usually overhear other patients discussions with staff so they should go behind a closed door to talk about medical history. The nurses are very nice though
About $25 all in for one cycle- IVF, anesthia, retrieval, ICSI, PGT, biopsies, shipping fees, lab and monitoring fees, transfer, freezing, storage for a year
I believe my dr does single and avoids twins, multiples at all costs. For my age, he would only consider single

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids.... He is kind, patient, compassionate and honest. He shares his personal stories and is warm and funny. He has taken a lot of time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and love that. He is wonderful!... He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
The office [Main Line Fertility] is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Be honest with all of your hopes and fears - he will care for you well.
Dr. Glassner is wonderful! He spent a lot of time with us twice in consultation. We never felt rushed. He was gentle, kind, funny, and understood my spiritual bent and offered his own stories with his kids. His staff are also WONDERFUL! They have all spent a lot of time with us in person and on the phone, letting me cry, talking through options, and answering our million questions! Plus, they have a large egg bank and embryos, which is unique. We had been to another doctor that had the opposite bedside manner and are so happy we found Dr. Glassner! We love this office!
We are in process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They are all wonderful! They are friendly and warm and spend as much time as you need to cry, talk, and ask questions.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is friendly, modern, bright and well coordinated so that you move through each visit in an organized way. Everyone there is SO nice. They are always willing to talk and hear you. Our first visit had a long wait, but once we saw that 4 different people were willing to spend AS MUCH time with them as we needed and wanted, we didn’t care about the wait because we’d rather have this personalized care.
$2100 per egg + $3500 transfer + approx $1000 meds
He said it is our choice though he strongly advises single.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Although we have still not been successful, I have been very happy with my treatment to date. Dr. Gocial always listens to my concerns with compassion and presents options to consider. I appreciate that I see him often during each cycle so I have the opportunity to ask questions when needed.... Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy.
The center city office [Main Line Fertility] is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.... All of Dr. Gocial’s staff are amazing. Very supportive and great communicators. They go out of their way to help manage treatment and schedules.... IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Advocate for yourself, but try to place some trust in the care team as well.
I switched to this clinic precisely because I was interested in a more personal approach. Both Dr. Gocial and his staff always make me feel like they are treating my condition in a personal way.
Our first cycle with Dr. Gocial was a medicated IUI with letrozole. This resulted in a pregnancy that was unfortunately lost at 8 weeks. Dr. Gocial performed a D&C and additional follow up testing including a hysteroscopy. Our second cycle was another letrozole IUI. We needed to adjust dosing during this cycle to better my response. Currently we are in our third IUI cycle and combined both clomid and letrozole.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The center city office is great because it’s very small. This gives you a much more personalized feel which is why I moved my care here from another larger clinic. For weekend treatments you should be prepared to travel to The Bryn Mawr facility.
IUI is covered by our insurance with a $30 copay. Medications aside from. The HCG trigger shots were also covered. Triggers cost $70 each. Each office visit was subject to my specialist copay fee of $60.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol...He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's.
13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing [at Main Line Fertility]...[The nurses are the] Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny...Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor...For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Please see my previous comments. The only reason Dr. Glassner didn't do all my procedures of IUI's except for one, is because I always fell on a weekend for the procedures. He did do my egg retrieval and I will, will myself for him to do my transfer when the time comes. His bedside manner is beyond impressive and always makes me laugh. I've never felt stressed or anything at any of my visits. I wish I saw him more during the IVF stage, but you can ALWAYS request to see him when you schedule your appointments.
You are either going to love him, LOVE HIM or hate him. Remember he is not the reason you can't get pregnant, please do not blame him. He's only there to help make YOUR dreams a reality! If these dreams don't come true immediately, remember your dreams will come true eventually, even if it takes years. HE IS YOUR ALLY, NOT YOUR ENEMY!
Dr. Glassner is the most caring, thoughtful man, and doctor I've ever come across. I started going to him towards the end of 2017 to have a Fertility work up as a single woman. From the beginning I knew he was the right doctor for me. He ran every test under the sun and then some. After talking he advised that there really shouldn't be any issue of me getting pregnant. Donor sperm was perfect. He advised just because my periods were slightly irregular that I should start Metformin. It helps with balancing levels that women with PCOS usually have. It helped me lose 30 pounds. I started taking Metformin for about 6 months and was ready to finally start my IUI's. Dr. Glassner prescribed me Letrozole, for my first cycle. He knew I was excited and he set expectations for me saying IUI's usually don't work on the first try. He was right it failed. Went in for 4 more IUI's each time changing meds. One cycle was just Clomid. Another cycle was a combination of both maxed doses of Letrozole and Clomid. I conceived but miscarried at 17DPO. In 2019 we continued but this time skipped the oral meds and went to injectable meds. Failed in January, conceived in February but miscarried again. After this miscarriage and talking to him he knew I only had one vial of sperm left and we decided to head to IVF. I had my egg retrieval on Monday July 22nd 2019. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst stage and I am awaiting PGS testing. I cannot speak enough of Dr. Glassner. I know he has my best interest in mind and wants to keep me healthy during this entire time. I will forever be grateful to this man. Even though I am still awaiting my baby, I am hoping to have transfer this month August 2019, I know Michael will be able to make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality soon. Dr. Glassner if you are reading thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will forever be grateful for you!
Metformin, Letrozole, Clomid, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HCG Trigger Shot. Different levels of each. One cycle he did a maxed out dosage of a combination of Letrozole and Clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Best people you will ever meet. Caring, friendly, funny. They are there to help you also!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Fast, efficient, everyone treats you as family. I never feel as though I'm a number! After the first couple visits they (the front desk) knew my name! They do anything and everything to help make your experience the best possible! Nurses learned about how to get my blood within a few visits (I'm a tough stick). Ultrasound technicians are amazing. I have a tough right ovary that is hard to find, but they always are as gentle as possible and apologize for any discomfort I may be experiencing! LOVE EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE!
Monitoring was run as best as possible. Waiting was to be expected and truthfully I never mind to wait for this doctor. I actually find my appointments relaxing and nonstressful.
IUI's weren't covered by insurance. ALL Monitoring was, all I had to do was pay co-pays. Paid out of pocket for the IUI's. For IVF, I cannot thank the financial coordinator and my guess is Dr. Glassner himself in helping me afford IVF. I was open and honest with him during my IVF consult about my finances. He let me know he'd help me out anyway he could. I don't know how I will EVER be able to show him my gratitude and love that I have for him and his clinic. I HAVE NO WORDS. Speechless. He has helped me out BEYOND my expectations! Once again Dr. Glassner THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! If there is one way to show my gratitude towards you and your clinic it is by writing this review! This is the least I could do!
He only will transfer one embryo at a time, due to his protocol. Its healthier for mom and baby to be.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. John Orris] was pretty dictatorial and didn't describe rationales, other than being "aggressive"--his favorite word evidently...He made no real effort to listen to our specific concerns. Instead, he seemed to assume that he knew right away what our problem was and he recommended a cookie-cutter approach that did not seem to take any of our particulars into account. He kept using generic language like, "we'll get you pregnant," completely disregarding that our problem was repeated miscarriages and that in fact we conceived easily several times on our own.
The Bryn Mawr office [of Main Line Fertility] has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Strengths: He represented himself as wanting to take an "aggressive" approach (he used that word a lot), and that sounded appealing to us. I wasn't getting any younger and we just wanted to hurry up and have the kid already. Weaknesses/things that were not to my taste: As I said before, he seemed to take somewhat of a generic, impersonal approach to our case. He talked about getting me pregnant rather than getting me a live birth (my problem was/is multiple miscarriages and I felt he was not paying attention to that). He did not ask any particulars about the past miscarriages and did not seem to think that any details were relevant. He adopted a very masculine/"bro" attitude toward my husband; maybe other men like that or feel it addresses their insecurity around infertility treatments but we thought it was weird. He informed me what we were going to do (medicated cycles, combo of clomid/letrozole), rather than advising and explaining a course of treatment. The first cycle (clomid + timed intercourse) did not work. The second cycle when I came in shortly before ovulation, he informed me (rather than suggesting to me) that we were going to do an IUI. When I expressed some hesitation, saying that I'd heard success rates were not much higher than timed intercourse for people with my medical history, he retorted in a snappy tone of voice, "Fine, then don't do it." And turned away and started ignoring me. I finally agreed to the IUI but I felt like I was bullied into it. It didn't work anyway. For the first time in my life I was having trouble getting pregnant--when I had come to him not for help conceiving but with figuring out what was happening with my miscarriages. The following year, I went back to MLF for monitoring on a new pregnancy (that we conceived on our own, not with their help) and ended up seeing him a couple times during that period. First, he gave me false hope when Dr Glassner had been telling me to prepare for another loss; when it finally ended in miscarriage again he came across as cold and unsympathetic. He scheduled me for a D&C--did not ask my opinion or preference--and again started talking about "getting aggressive". I let him do the procedure but I will never go back to him after this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
Stand up for yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
When he was ready to see you, he would stand at the end of the hall and shout your name (rather than looking into the waiting room and making eye contact). He made no real effort to listen to our specific concerns. Instead, he seemed to assume that he knew right away what our problem was and he recommended a cookie-cutter approach that did not seem to take any of our particulars into account. He kept using generic language like, "we'll get you pregnant," completely disregarding that our problem was repeated miscarriages and that in fact we conceived easily several times on our own. To be fair, I think he *thought* he was being personable and congenial, making chitchat, but it came off as insincere and like he was not really listening.
Describe the protocols John Orris used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
1st cycle--100 clomid 2nd cycle--150 clomid, 5 letrozole He was pretty dictatorial and didn't describe rationales, other than being "aggressive"--his favorite word evidently.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
It's nice that they have multiple locations, however, you should know that most of the doctors rotate between locations. I chose the clinic mostly for its location in Bryn Mawr, but then I found out that if I wanted to keep seeing my same doctor I had to travel occasionally to the West Chester and Paoli locations as well. The nurses also change locations so it's hard to get to know them. The Bryn Mawr office has so many people working in it that it's kind of impersonal. Morning appointments feel like cattle calls and sometimes they get backed up and waits can be long. I waited over an hour one time just for a blood draw. Maybe they are good if you are experiencing some forms of infertility, but I found them on the whole pretty insensitive about recurrent miscarriage. Everyone, doctors and nurses, was always saying, "Don't worry, we'll get you pregnant." For a lot of people, that's not the problem and it made me feel like they weren't paying attention to me as a person--or, more importantly, to me as a patient with a particular medical history. If you are willing to walk five minutes at the Bryn Mawr office, you can get free street parking. I wish they had electronic medical records and some sort of patient portal where we could log in and see our test results. With these huge paper files, it feels like a different decade. Also, sometimes they would forget to forward my file to the appropriate office where my appointment was on a particular day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Orris at Main Line Fertility .
My insurance doesn't cover IVF but does cover other infertility procedures, medications, etc. So I just had a $35 copay with each visit
Describe John Orris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
I think they are all a bit disorganized--front desk, doctors, everyone. My initial doctor didn't order a full reproductive loss panel though I had had repeated miscarriages; I've had nurses say they are going to call with test results and then they don't; nurses say they are going to call in prescriptions and then they don't; and one time I called to schedule a new cycle with my particular doctor and the receptionist scheduled me with him for a date and time at an office location where he wasn't even going to be on that particular day! I showed up for the appointment and they looked at me like I was crazy--"Dr Orris is never here on Wednesdays" etc. The doctor who was there was able to squeeze me in, but none of this was reassuring.
Philadelphia
Dr. Gocial is extremely kind and sensitive. He has an excellent bed-side manner. He always takes the time to explain things thoroughly and in a manner my husband and I can understand and always answers any questions we may have, no matter how many or how silly they be...do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples. This is not an issue for us and are thankful for their caution...don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. Dr. Gocial will make it easy for you to do this but don't be too shy to ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem.
IVF is not covered and all in, including PGD, it is approx. $18,000-20,000 [at Main Line Fertility]...Dr. Gocial and Main Line Fertility do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples...The clinic's strength is its staff. From receptionists to nurses to doctors, you feel like you have the best team in your corner. 85% of the time someone is at the end of a phone to answer your question and those few times the nurses are busy, they return your call quickly.
How was your experience with Benjamin Gocial at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Gocial is someone I would refer a friend to without hesitation. He is empathetic and sensitive to the emotions that this journey may stir. Every visit he will shake our hands and ask us how we are doing. He explains everything in a manner that is easy to grasp and always asks if we have any questions. Like most couples, we never expected to be in this position but we are thankful we found Dr. Gocial to guide us through it.
As with any doctor, don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. Dr. Gocial will make it easy for you to do this but don't be too shy to ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem.
We have done one trigger with timed intercourse. We have also done 4 iuis. The first iui I took 2.5mg of letrozole and ovidrel for my trigger. The second iui I took 5 mg of letrozole and ovidrel for my trigger. The third iui I did 5mg of letrozole and 2.5mg of clomind and ovidrel for my trigger. The fourth iui I did 5mg of letrozole and 75ius of follistim and ovidrel for my trigger. None of these protocols resulted in an positive pregnancy test. We are currently in the stimulation phase of ivf. We are doing 75ius of menopur and 225 ius of follistim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Barb for iuis and different nurses for ivf)
All the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility have been incredibly patient and compassionate. They make the whole process so much easy. We always feel like they are rooting for us. They listen to every concern and provide clear guidance.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Iui was covered by my insurance and I am not sure of the break down of the costs. IVF is not covered and all in, including PGD, it is approx. $18,000-20,000.
Dr. Gocial and Main Line Fertility do single embryo transfer as they want to minimize the risk of multiples. This is not an issue for us and are thankful for their caution.
Philadelphia
Dr. Glassner is genuinely a caring person with a good sense of humor. On our first visit, he said that when we are in his office, he will talk to us about our case as though we are his own children. We have always felt that intimate care, compassion, and consideration for our case...is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Most [nurses at Main Line Fertility] were excellent and emphatic!...The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is very precise with procedures, uses science to support his logic, and has years of experience and a caring mindset with which he approaches our treatment and plan. He is able to introduce humor to a stressful situation and relax the room. His confidence is contagious. I am hopeful that we are in good hands. I would recommend Dr. Glassner to my family and friends in a heartbeat.
Ask to meet with him any time you have a question or want to make sure you’re on the same page as him and understanding the plan. Write down your questions ahead of time.
Hysteroscopy, doxycycline for inflammation), hormone stimulation injections for retrieval, egg retrieval, ICSI, ERA (endometrial receptivity assay)- which showed that my timing of transfer needs to be adjusted/individualized to me, PGS, PGD, intralipid infusion/prednisone/Lovenox (for immune response and potential blood clots related to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss), scheduled transfer (upcoming)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Most were excellent and emphatic!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF is an excellent clinic. The doctors are knowledgeable about the latest science in reproductive health, very good at their work (procedures), and confident leaders. Nurses are on the same page and supportive to each doctor and patient. My only negative is that they are so good/busy that it can be a long wait. When I first came to MLF I was worried it would feel like a factory. After being there for a few months I realize that worry was eliminated within 2 visits. I feel like part of their family and am warmly greeted by nurses/phlebotomist multiple times each visit. Overall, I have been more than satisfied at Main Line Fertility and highly recommend it to anyone.
Single transfer- research shows it’s safest
Bryn Mawr
He [Dr. Michael Glassner] highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above...has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals...
The initial nurse I met with [at Main Line Fertility] was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records...Some days [monitoring] appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next...This is a busy clinic. Pros-they are flexible with their hours and you can pretty much pick your appointment time between 0700-1100. Cons-there are often long waits at the appointments. Average is an hour, but it Wasn’t unusual for it to take almost 2 hours. Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is genuine and very experienced with what he does. He seems to be able to properly readjust fertility plans to get desired outcomes. He’s willing to take a more aggressive approach in fertility treatment. The only downside is that the clinic is busy and if you want to meet with Dr. Glassner there can be long waiting periods.
You may not get to see him as often as you might a physician at a smaller practice, but he has the experience and expertise for more difficult cases. It is worth your while to use Dr. Glassner.
Dr glassner has a very busy schedule but will take the time to speak with you and answer all of your questions. He’s very personable and genuinely seems to care about your infertility goals.
I was offered a more aggressive form of IUI if desired but after learning the risks, we declined and moved onto IVF. Our plan from the start was an egg retrieval with freeze all PGD testing due to my age. Please also note I only have one ovary. Cycle #1 follistim/ganarelix protocol failed-only 2 eggs developed-canceled Cycle #2 follistim/Lupron-8 eggs retrieved/2 made it to blastocyst. 2 frozen. Cycle #3 follistim/ganarelix higher dose/ 11 eggs retrieved/ 2 made it to blastocyst Cycle #4-follistim/ganarelix/ 15 eggs retrieved/4 made it to blastocysts
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Yes)
The initial nurse I met with was informative and very helpful in obtaining my old records.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Some days these appointments went quickly and smoothly while other days they took a while and you were ushered from one waiting area to the next. It really depended on how busy the clinic was.
I believe I was charged 5000$ for retrieval #4, 6000$ for retrieval #3, 7000$ for retrieval #2. Retrieval #1 was cancelled. My insurance paid for some of the monitoring. If you do FET With PGD the first transfer is only 2000$. I believe the ERA was 1,300$. PGD was somewhere around 7000$ with all associated fees.
He highly suggested egg retrieval with freeze all and genetic PGD testing with a later single FET. My husband had expressed his goals of avoiding multiples and reducing genetic risks so this could be why he suggested the above.
Philadelphia

I am very impressed with Dr. Orris...On the third and final cycle [of IUI], I took a booster shot to ensure the timing was correct and luckily got pregnant on the third try...After each ultrasound and bloodwork, I was taken to the doctor's office to go over results/next steps...Due to my PCOS and anovulation, I was put on rounds of Clomid and Letrozole to induce ovulation. I would be seen at least once if not twice a week to measure my progress and to see if ovulation was occurring. Once they were comfortable with the ovulation taking place, I had two cycles with IUI that didn't time up properly.
The staff at MLF were so wonderful and helpful; all the doctors clearly explained everything to me at every visit. After each ultrasound and bloodwork, I was taken to the doctor's office to go over results/next steps. Every one's bedside manner was extremely warm...I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brie [nurse]. She looked after me almost every visit; took my blood (painlessly I might add), and was always on hand for my questions. Brie was the kind of nurse that you hope will be looking after you; she is so warm and sweet and is a pleasure to talk to and to get to see every week!
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I am very impressed with Dr. Orris and his setup at MLF. His resident, Dr. Kurtz, was super helpful and he was there along the way to help administer any advice or diagnosis. I am so thankful that my experience with infertility was handled by the folks at MLF.
Don't be afraid to ask questions as everyone there is always happy to answer them.
Due to my PCOS and anovulation, I was put on rounds of Clomid and Letrozole to induce ovulation. I would be seen at least once if not twice a week to measure my progress and to see if ovulation was occurring. Once they were comfortable with the ovulation taking place, I had two cycles with IUI that didn't time up properly. On the third and final cycle, I took a booster shot to ensure the timing was correct and luckily got pregnant on the third try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Brie)
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brie. She looked after me almost every visit; took my blood (painlessly I might add), and was always on hand for my questions. Brie was the kind of nurse that you hope will be looking after you; she is so warm and sweet and is a pleasure to talk to and to get to see every week!
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
MLF set the bar high for my expectations for OB/GYN care. In fact, I quite wish they were my OB/GYN! I am so thankful and feel so lucky to have been entrusted into their care. They did everything they could to explain everything I needed to do and follow up with me when it should have been done. They take great care of their patients and I cannot say enough about our experience there.
Don't remember specifics, but luckily with insurance, costs were minimal compared to what we were expecting.
West Chester
I saw Dr. Orris 3 times. The first two felt fine, but the last one was really uncomfortable. I had assumed we were stopping because the previous cycles had not been successful, and I was exhausted and ready to go elsewhere and try a new approach. But he seemed irritated with me, somewhat dismissive, and just told me what to do, even though the logistics of it presented a huge challenge given that I was also in the processing of moving across country, changing jobs and had no local clinic set up...we did an ERA cycle which was almost cancelled because my lining didn't thicken sufficiently, but Dr. Orris continued it anyway and did the ERA (which I had to pay out of pocket for). Only later did I learn from another reproductive endocrinologist at a large teaching hospital that ERA is not an especially useful test in the best of circumstances, and that a result from the end of what would otherwise have been considered a failed cycle cannot be interpreted in any way that would guide treatment during a successful cycle.
I thought they [the nurses at Main Line Fertility] were very friendly, kind, and good communicators. But after my last appointment I struggled on the "priming" estrogen and when I stopped after 2 weeks of high-dose estrogen, it took a combination of at least 6 emails and phone calls over 2 days to get a progesterone prescription called in...Little explanation of what was being done and why; poor documentation; ERA that should not have been done; and at the end a general feeling of paternalism rather than compassion or interest in discussing what I wanted in that situation.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
I'm somewhat concerned about the communication, record-keeping/tracking and even the quality of care. I was told during a hysteroscopy that a biopsy was being taken (though not why or what it would inform) and it was noted in the report, but apparently nothing was sent to the lab and it was never reconciled as to why. Also, I keep copies of all of my medical records for times when I change providers, but the hysteroscopy - and all other treatment cycle notes - were scant, hand-written notes that other reproductive endocrinologists who reviewed them found surprisingly limited and difficult to interpret. Every diagnostic or treatment I've undergone elsewhere came with a complete typed report clearly describing what was done, why, and the outcome. Also, we did an ERA cycle which was almost cancelled because my lining didn't thicken sufficiently, but Dr. Orris continued it anyway and did the ERA (which I had to pay out of pocket for). Only later did I learn from another reproductive endocrinologist at a large teaching hospital that ERA is not an especially useful test in the best of circumstances, and that a result from the end of what would otherwise have been considered a failed cycle cannot be interpreted in any way that would guide treatment during a successful cycle. So if I really wanted a result that had any chance of being a predictive guide, I'd have to do (and pay for) it again.
Walk into every appointment with a list of questions and don't leave without answers. Ask for everything to be explained and documented clearly. And if it just doesn't feel right, speak up.
FET prep cycles using oral estrogen and patches, progesterone in oil injections and progesterone vaginal suppositories.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
I thought they were very friendly, kind, and good communicators. But after my last appointment I struggled on the "priming" estrogen and when I stopped after 2 weeks of high-dose estrogen, it took a combination of at least 6 emails and phone calls over 2 days to get a progesterone prescription called in. I felt fairly abandoned medically at that point.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Front office staff were friendly and it was relatively easy to schedule appointments. They have several locations so there's some flexibility in where to go. I probably would not use them for outside monitoring as their notes are all handwritten and not necessarily clear and complete for others to review and make decisions based on. I don't have the impression that they're a referral clinic you would go to for any especially complicated situation. Also, the fees were not explained clearly or in any detail up front, so there were some surprises there later.
I have excellent insurance that covered most of the costs. However, I did have to pay out-of-pocket for the ERA biopsy and for the donor embryo. I was somewhat surprised at the "restocking" fee when the cycle was cancelled as the embryo was not touched and there was no legal paperwork involved (at least none that I was party to, and I would imagine I would have to have been for there to have been a legal transfer).
Bryn Mawr
Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you! ... Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. ...
They’re [nurses] wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process ... I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses [at Main Line Fert] in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
He is genuine , patient , caring and understanding . Has a tremendous amount of knowledge! He is always ready to answer any question you have and infertility can be very lonely but he knows where to point you in the direction to get all the help you need regarding the physical and emotional ! No part of your journey goes unnoticed or uncovered, it definitely helps to make the difficult journey of infertility that much easier. For everyone it’s their own reason why they need to use a dr to help create their family but as wide as the spectrum of creating babies is , dr glassner is educated in all of the different areas and the challenges they bring and emotions that may arise. He is truly a GIFT from G-d! With His help and the help from G-d I do believe after this coronavirus we will be able to use our created embryos that he did for us and transfer them to our gestational Carrier and still receive the BEST care from him even though we’re nit the ones pregnant and our carrier is carrying for us. I believe G-d gave me a uterus to bring a life into this world and G-d took it away to save my life! I had an emergency hysterectomy during the birth of my first child. Dr Glassner made me feel better through our situation that even though I’m missing a uterus I have a life and my life means something more than my uterus , he made me feel we can have a child through surrogacy and help it be as “normal” as possible. No one is alone when you have Dr Glassner.
To trust dr glassner and he will be there always 100%
I felt like a human because he has such care and concern and treats you like your the only one in the work at the moment he’s helping you that it feels like he’s full force there for you the whole way on your journey
He did egg retrievel for me . So before I had to take medicine for 10-14 days in injection forms and then I had to go in for visits in a daily basis to check me levels to be ready for retrievel. During this time I also had a 9,5 cm cyst on my one ovary which dr glassner drained before starting medicines for egg retrievel because I had a hysterectomy he didn’t want me to do surgery before egg retrievel to remove the cyst Incase I’d lose the ovary. He wanted to get as many eggs as possible during retrievel. During the medicine taking the cyst filled up so the day of egg retrievel he drained the cyst Aswell as retrieving eggs, if it wasn’t for him I would’ve not gotten the amount of eggs he retrieved and possibly would’ve had surgery before the egg retrievel process and possibly only have had one ovary. Dr glassner is caring and patient and logical. He saved my ovaries in a sense and gave us the best chance by first draining the cyst before egg retrievel instead of surgery. He is amazing! Thank you!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
They’re wonderful people and work well together. Patient and caring!! Makes all the difference for follow ups and while taking medicines and feel a little sick from the meds . They gave tips how to manage and breathe calmly through the process
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I feel I honestly never saw any weaknesses in my journey with them so far. I feel all was done in a way it should be in a timely fashion. I feel the strengths are good communication , understanding and compassionate. I believe that patients need to go in honest and give it there all, and the drs and nurses in return will be there 100%. It is hard to sometimes open up altogether and be totally you in this hard journey of infertility but the more open and honest you are with yourself and the drs I think the more they can help you!
They were very reasonable regarding numbers we researched before going into our journey of creating embryos to get ready for using a gestational Carrier. I feel they give you the best care and charge any amazing price for what they do for you and the way they do! I recommend dr glassner and his team any day!
My only comment is that I am a triplet and my husband a twin and I’m 26 years old. I was born two months early and in an incubator for a month so I think I more than most understand the risks of multiple pregnancies . But the difference in my opinion now a days the technology and medical advancements are a lot more than 26 years ago and I think it in a sense can help ease the risk of multiple embryo transfers. Yes every situation is different and can be risky . A single embryo transfer can turn into identical twins , multiple transfer can only one . You never know , it’s up to G-d and ofcourse us as humans doing what we feel is right with caution. But the above is why I feel it’s ok to do multiple and why I would.
Bryn Mawr
Although my husband and I primarily saw the nurses, Dr. Orris was always a phone call away if needed - even on his personal line. After my first failed embryo transfer, Dr. Orris was right on the phone not only explaining the next steps but checking in and providing support...He is thorough, to the point, but yet still compassionate. I felt comfortable and safe in his care. It is clear that he takes pride in his work and wants the absolute best case scenario possible for every patient.
The whole staff [at Main Line Fertility] is friendly and compassionate. They make the unpleasant experience of being in a fertility center as pleasant as possible...Strengths - great atmosphere, you feel like family not just a patient, they will go above and beyond for anything you need. Weaknesses - none to date. I would recommend this clinic to my family and friends in a heartbeat...For egg retrieval - gonal f, which was reduced based on my body’s quick response. Cabergoline to help prevent OHSSS. I am receiving fertility treatment due to my husband’s journey with cancer. Prior to my husband’s diagnosis we had conceived one child naturally and had no prior history of infertility. My husband froze sperm prior to starting his treatments and is currently still undergoing treatment.
How was your experience with John Orris at Main Line Fertility ?
He is a very intelligent doctor. Don’t be afraid to stop him and ask for a less “medical” explanation - he will gladly do so and make sure that everyone understands what is happening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Maureen is the ABSOLUTE BEST. The rare times we had to see another nurse because Maureen wasn’t in, my husband and I were disappointed - all of the nurses were great, however, Maureen was the best! The whole staff is friendly and compassionate. They make the unpleasant experience of being in a fertility center as pleasant as possible.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Everything but ERA was one hundred percent covered by our insurance.
Dr. Orris chose eSET for our case as I do not struggle with infertility, but my husband and I are doing IVF due to my husband’s cancer diagnosis and continued treatment. Dr. Orris wants to keep his patients safe and limit multiples pregnancies.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Brasile was very aggressive with my treatments. We went straight to IUI based on tests from my previous clinic. I was able to see her at every visit and she made time to talk with us whenever needed...She is direct, which I appreciated...was always kind and compassionate. When we realized only 1 egg fertilized correctly she called me crying and feeling terrible. She said that my 1 embryo would get me pregnant, and it did.
The IVF process went very quick [at Main Line Fertility]. It felt like a total of two weeks and then we were doing our transfer...At the appointments they [nurses] were always welcoming and warm. I felt that my concerns were taken seriously...I always had a morning appointment and I was in and out quickly...we had a first responders discount...They have multiple locations and great hours. I felt that I could get to work on time, and I didnt wait long for my visits. The front desk staff was very friendly, Nicole was always super helpful. When we were thinking of doing a clinical trial they coordinator tried her hardest to get us in, and then I was pregnant so it wasn’t needed.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is direct, which I appreciated.
Dr. Brasille was always kind and compassionate. When we realized only 1 egg fertilized correctly she called me crying and feeling terrible. She said that my 1 embryo would get me pregnant, and it did.
The IVF process went very quick. It felt like a total of two weeks and then we were doing our transfer. I gave myself shots 2x a day, plus progesterone every other day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility .
At the appointments they were always welcoming and warm. I felt that my concerns were taken seriously.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
I always had a morning appointment and I was in and out quickly. I don’t remember any specific days that there was a backup.
We had to pay out of pocket for everything but medicine, but we had a first responders discount.
Describe Deanna Brasile's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
The office recommends only one embryo transfer for a person my age. I didn’t have a preference either way. We ended up with only one embryo, so that’s what we went with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Main Line Fertility .
I ended up needing one more test before we could do the IVF so it was pushed back a month.
Deanna Brasile
West Chester
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help!... He is very busy, certainly tries to make time but be patient if you can’t see him every time.... He and their team are pretty dead set on single embryo transfer to reduce risks.... Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited
The office [Main Line Fertility] is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.... They are very patient and kind. They’ve seen it all, so when I first called and explained our story and lost it on the phone, they were more than compassionate and kind.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Glassner has wonderful bedside manner and for such a delicate, sad and lonely condition, he did all that he could to make us feel at ease. I would highly recommend to any couple looking for help! This was a welcomed change from our prior experience at another fertility group.
Dr. Glassner was very honest with our situation, and since he was the second RE we visited, he provided an active approach with statistics and realistic expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Main Line Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Colleen, Kristen, Maureen)
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The office is pretty packed, and while they have the rule of no kids in the room, people would bring in their children, which for someone without any is really tough. Not the clinics fault, as I know this is hard to reinforce. Also the room is pretty crowded and you may wait for a routine visit.
Pretty standard
Treated 2018 - 2019
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables [with Dr. Michael Glassner]. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle... is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone [at Main Line Fertility]. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private...[nurses are] Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough...I was scheduled for a transfer and Glassner changed his vacation plans and I wasn’t aware another doctor would be doing my transfer until 24 hours before and I chose to cancel the cycle.
How was your experience with Michael Glassner at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Glassner is straight forward and to the point. He’s funny and down to earth and honest. He provided our options and was flexible when we wanted to go a different route. He explained all options and pros and cons.
You have to have a sense of humor and be prepared for a straight shooter.
Dr. Glassner is kind and everybody knows my name and is kind and patient.
IVF egg retrieval with lupron, estrodial, and injectables. We got one embryo and he recommended a biopsy of my uterus.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Main Line Fertility .
Kind and compassionate and personable. Patient and thorough.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Sometimes I feel rushed by the ladies who answer the phone. Otherwise, they are prompt and the clinic is clean and everyone is kind. They are well organized and move people through. They are private.
Fertility costs are expensive in my opinion. Over $10,000 for one cycle.
I only have one embryo