Manhattan Reproductive Medicine

159 E 74th Street
212-794-0080
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Manhattan Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
Monitoring [at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine] was pretty smooth. Can’t complain...The finance department was disorganized. Claims and bills were not submitted in a timely manner. I would constantly call to ask questions and sometimes I involved the Doctor. The receptionist made sure he knew every patient by their name...There were many nurses there, but the one who was the most supportive was the one who would draw my blood. It’s hard to explain , but it was little things like coming to the room the day of the transfer to ask us if we needed time to say a prayer before we got started.
Describe your experience with Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Mr. Nejat was patient, had excellent bed side manner and was available via telephone when needed.
What specific things went wrong at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nejat strength was his bed side manner. How available he was, I consider a strength and a weakness. My fertility treatment started with Dr. Nejat and I was pretty anxious through the process. Dr. Nejat always made himself available to talk even during off peak hours. However, I felt that Dr. Nejat at times would forget a test that needed to be done. For example when I started fertility meds, he assumed that I already had a Sonohysterogram. When I told him I never even heard of the test, it was scheduled immediately due to it being a required test before an IVF cycle. I know that it is difficult for Doctors to remember everything with each patient. There should be someone ( Nurse ) maybe checking off all the boxes. I think it can be overwhelming for A Doctor to have so much control for each patient. As you can tell I was extremely comfortable with this Doctor, but i don’t think he Performed all the test that was needed to Properly diagnosis me. After an unsuccessful IVF. I switched to a different Doctor and was diagnosis with Hydrosalphinx and endometriosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you do your own research and it does help to talk to other people who have gone through it , but I understand that IVF is a private matter. So research online and see what other people are diagnosis with. Make sure ask yor Doctor about your montioring results and learn what they are looking for.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on the estrogen patch about a week before my period. I started follistim 150 and Clomid 50 mg on day three of my period. He stated that he didn’t want to take an aggressive approach because he felt that I wouldn’t produce enough eggs due to my age. I was given centrotide for three days at the end of the cycle. Day 11 was retrieval, three day embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring was pretty smooth. Can’t complain.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
It cost about 8,000.