Marin Fertility

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1100 S. Eliseo Drive
Santa Rosa
990 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
707-523-1768
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marin Fertility to a friend?
2 doctors
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
So far, meds are 4600, ivf process is 4200, 1500 for pgs, Fet costs not known yet...The clinic [Marin Fertility] tries very hard to accommodate to your schedule which is hard because they are very busy. They have opened multiple office locations which makes it more convenient for us since we don't live closely to the location. Cindy is the front desk coordinator and she knows her stuff! Ivf is crazy expensive, but they try to use insurance as much as possible and break down the costs so you know what to expect
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic tries very hard to accommodate to your schedule which is hard because they are very busy. They have opened multiple office locations which makes it more convenient for us since we don't live closely to the location. Cindy is the front desk coordinator and she knows her stuff! Ivf is crazy expensive, but they try to use insurance as much as possible and break down the costs so you know what to expect
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
She didn't treat me like a science experiment, force us into ivf/pgd even though thats what was recommended. She let us try other options before coming to the conclusion that's what we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Soraya Marashi)
All of the staff members are very warm, responsive, they are your biggest cheerleaders. Many times I have called or emailed them with random questions or venting my anxieties and they were able to calm me down and talk me down from the ledge
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
She is very warm, friendly, highly regarded in our community. She gives you her time to ask questions, without feeling rushed. Her clinic is very busy, but when she's with you, you have her undivided attention
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask her lots of questions and talk about your options
Describe the protocols Jennifer Agard used in your cycles at Marin Fertility and their degree of success.
For the iui's we used 5mg femara for 5 days, hcg trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories. She used this each time because I grew 3-4 large follicles, and my lining was well maintained. We used this for my 2nd iui with a previous dr and it resulted in pregnancy. Unfortunately, we lost the baby at birth due to a genetic disease. So we tried iui 3 more times unsuccessfully before moving to ivf/pgd. Waiting for our probe to be developed before starting treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility.
Describe Jennifer Agard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Marin Fertility.
Dr. Agard is pretty set on single embryo transfer due to high risk of carrying multiples, but she still allows families to decide
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
$29,000 with no meds, three stim cycles of egg retrieval, biopsy analysis, egg freezing included...Great location for me. Also, Dr. Agard was a preferred provider for my insurance and was willing to submit claims for portions of treatment that were covered - absolutely critical for me, compared to clinics that don't bother. They were pretty quick to respond to my inquiries, and seemed pretty organized.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Dr. Agard was professional but approachable and friendly. Her tone and manner was very encouraging which I appreciated, as I had been scared and scarred by previous conversations with an insensitive ob-gyn about infertility.
I mostly dealt with them by phone or briefly at appointments because I saw so much of the doctor herself. The nurses' manner on the phone was much appreciated - very understanding of me asking questions or feeling apprehensive, etc.
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
I began seeing Dr. Agard to diagnose my infertility causes and create a plan for treatment. I saw her from an initial consult through various testing to the appointment about results and the plan for next steps. Just prior to beginning any IVF cycles, I moved away, so I didn't see things through with Dr. Agard, but not due to anything she did. I considered remaining a patient there because I felt very comfortable with her and the clinic, but the distance would have been too much of a barrier.
I mentioned I had a Biology degree so I understood a lot of the processes she was describing, which freed her up from having to explain a lot of the basics to me. If you are similarly educated, say so. otherwise, if not, she was good at explaining what was going on in layman's terms - I just didn't need her to.
She offered me the option of IUI or IVF but gave the likelihood of success for both and recommended IVF. I moved away before we began so I can't comment on whether it would have been successful or what specific protocols she would have used. She was encouraging that it would have been successful.
Greenbrae
The [Marin Fert - Greenbrae] office is nice and clean and I rarely had to wait more than five minutes for my appointment. They were also very organized about the financial side of things as well. I honestly can't think of a weakness...The service and bed side manner of both Dr. Agard and the office staff was excellent. I felt they always made me feel like their top priority and I sometimes forgot they even had other patients. They were very personal and sensitive at every turn...
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The office is nice and clean and I rarely had to wait more than five minutes for my appointment. They were also very organized about the financial side of things as well. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
The nursing staff were fantastic! Both sharing in our joys and disappointments. Very personable and a pleasure to work with. The only doctors office where I didn't feel stressed out. It seemed everyone enjoyed working there too.
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Dr. Agard 's bedside manner was very calming and comfortable. It felt like I was talking with a friend and I liked that I felt we were collaborating rather than her just taking over my body. For the most part she seemed to have time to answer questions too. A couple of times things were rushed and I wish I had been given better instructions and information on what to expect as well as alternative strategies for treatment.
Ask about what all your options are for treatment strategies and don't be afraid to say "no" that's not how I want to do that, or to talk through your concerns. She is a great listener and I think will support her patients decisions, but it's important to ask lots of questions and then trust your gut.
I don't remember details, but we did 2 rounds of the trigger shot, 2 IUI and 2 IVF rounds. I had one positive pregnancy from IVF that resulted in a miscarriage and everything else was negative.
The cost was well over 25K
Greenbrae
She [the nurse at Marin Fertility] responded to my email and concerns in few hours and mostly were very nice...It was a clean facility , i feel like they place is kind of small since they’re doing all the procedure and inside lab at the same office but overalls was nice and clean and didn’t have any issues with it...they got 4 eggs and one of them fertilized and the only reason they said my overian reserves are diminished
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
I didn’t receive enough information about my case , I feel the Ivf protocol wasn’t specialized for me , I had 2 medications cycle with them and all the medications was the same as the first cycle and I asked few times if they’re going to do any changes to the medications , I never get the clear answer They retrieved 4 eggs and 1 of them got fertilized and end up No embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility.
She responded to my email and concerns in few hours and mostly were very nice
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
I feel like the IVF cycle was not specialized for me and was not clear on the procedure and why they didn’t change the proton on the second round of medications After our IVF cycle failed we had a appointment and the dr went over all the options we have I felt like why before we started the IVF I didn’t get these information after I wast lots of money and time
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
Ask as much as questions they can because they will not explain all the fact and risk about your case
Describe the protocols Peter Uzelac used in your cycles at Marin Fertility and their degree of success.
I wasn’t helpful, I had two cycle of medications and both are quite the same , they got 4 eggs and one of them fertilized and the only reason they said my overian reserves are diminished
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility.
Describe Peter Uzelac's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Marin Fertility.
They have preferences on transfer of one embryo
Greenbrae
The clinic [Marin Fertility] is timely, organized, efficient, and generally operates well. They give options for appt times when possible, I feel. Although, it would be better if they had more Santa Rosa hours, to prevent surprise trips to the marin clinic one hour away. Appts are short bit easy to work in to a bush schedule.... it was mostly MA’s that I had contact with. They were well trained though...Individual ultrasound monitoring fees with IUI
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic is timely, organized, efficient, and generally operates well. They give options for appt times when possible, I feel. Although, it would be better if they had more Santa Rosa hours, to prevent surprise trips to the marin clinic one hour away. Appts are short bit easy to work in to a bush schedule.
Well, it was mostly MA’s that I had contact with. They were well trained though
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Marin Fertility?
Very knowledable, scientific care, felt confident in fertility knowledge. Very little allotted one one one. For such expensive, invasive procedures, was surprised at how little contact or explanation given.
Research for yourself first what you want for treatment, including specifics of IVF.
For IUI, used letrizole and hcv. IVF- Standard protocol of injectibles and hcv trigger for egg retrieval, then estrogen and progesterone for embryo transfer.
Individual ultrasound monitoring fees with IUI. IVF- lump sum including recommending all the options (even PGS). In all spend 37,000 in one year
None
Santa Rosa
The clinic [Marin Fertility Center] has an onsite embryology lab, which is great.... IVF Cycle: $10,225 Labs: $7,765 ICSI, Blast culture, Biopsy up to 8 embryos, freeze, store 1 year, 1 FET Embryo Biopsy Analysis $1875 Analysis of 8 embryos, $185 ea after Sperm Services $800 Sperm ID, Sperm Freeze Total: $20,665.... When I was ordering progesterone there was a bit of a snafu with the pharmacy where they did not have my information. But I think it was probably the pharmacy's fault. The same pharmacy switched me from Gonal F to Follistim and did not inform my clinic so they could modify my instructions.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic has an onsite embryology lab, which is great.
I found Dr Uzelac to be warm yet very focused on the task at hand
What specific things went wrong at Marin Fertility?
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
Dr. Uzelac's strengths were that he listened to my concerns, and explained processes if I asked how things worked. DR. Uzelac did not explain processes until I specifically asked. He did not provide me with actual test result information unless I asked
Have a discussion about your financial situation so you can all be on the same page about what kind of procedures to follow
I was on an antagonist protocol. Started the cycle with birth control pills. Then Started injections of 225 Gonal F and 75 Menopur; added Cetrotide on day 6. Total stimulation for 8 days. Retrieved 6 eggs, all fertilized. Only 1 made to 5 day blast. Tested abnormal for PGS. No embryos were transferred.
Greenbrae
[Marin Fertility was] clean, professional and never too crowded. You don't have much of a wait everytime you go...They are all very friendly and warm. Tina has a lot of patients she is juggling and sometimes I could feel that.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Clean, professional and never too crowded. You don't have much of a wait everytime you go
He was very caring and accessible. He has a warmth about him that is comforting. He always acted like he had all the time in the world to discuss my care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
He is a realistic optimist. He didn't sugar coat anything but I always felt encouraged. He is excellent at egg retrieval and transfer ( never had any problems or pain). Very knowledgable and open to discussing all treatment options. Not a big believer in immune treatment. Very pro- pgd or pgd testing and frozen transfer but does not push it on you.
Go to each appt with a list of questions.
I used agonist protocol with 350 follistim, 150 Menopur and adding in HGH.
An ivf round with icsi was about 14k