Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health

Westchester
2975 Westchester Avenue
Purchase, NY 10577
914-997-4100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health to a friend?

1 doctor
2014 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I did numerous semen analyses and blood analyses and was physically examined to include an ultrasound of my testicles [at Maze Men's Sexual and Reproductive Health]. I was administered Clomid to see if it would increase my fertility. I then was scheduled for a surgical procedure, MESA, to extract sperm from my testicles directly to be used in IVF. Our IVF cycle was then managed by RMACT and they are the ones who referred me to Dr. Werner and I am so glad they did. We did one cycle of IVF and transferred two embryos which led to the birth of our daughter and then 2 years later we transferred our last 2 frozen embryos and our second daughter was born.
2014 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health.
The clinic acts as a well oiled machine. Everyone is so generous with their time and very compassionate and informative. Dr. Werner must have high expectations for his staff because not a single person has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. They are organized in scheduling, following up with results in a timely manner, and submitting refills. Honestly, I can’t think of any areas where they are deficient. They are all a class act.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Werner at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health?
I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor than Dr. Werner. As the male in the relationship who was being treated by Dr. Werner to get at the heart of the causes of my infertility issues, it was a bit scary due to all the unknowns. Dr. Werner always treated me with respect, he was extremely compassionate, I never felt rushed - in fact I felt like I was his only patient. He educated me on everything from treatments, options, and to explain the science behind everything in layman’s terms. He also has a great way of putting you at ease with his sense of humor. He is an amazing doctor who is good at what he does.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: I worked closely with Dr. Werner and his NP, Nick Cannone )
If I wasn’t seeing Dr. Werner, who I saw every visit, I was also being cared for by his Nurse Practitioner, Nick Cannone. Nick is just as great a person as Dr. Werner. In fact, I consider both Dr. Werner and Nick friends.
How was your experience with Michael Werner at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health?
Dr. Werner was the best doctor I have visited, ever. Hands down. I was very nervous about my appointment since we were trying to understand the causes of my male infertility and figure out a way for my wife and I to get pregnant. He put me at ease right away. No matter how embarrassing the topic or the examinations, he made me feel comfortable and always made me feel like I was his number one priority. He frequently called me directly to follow up and always explained everything in an easy to understand manner. He was terrific. So good that I still see him to treat my low testosterone and drive over an hour each way for the appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Werner at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health?
Don’t be nervous and trust in him that he has your best interests at heart. He will educate you all along the way. I relied on him and his staff a lot and they are all top notch and always showed concern and took the time no matter how trivial the request or question.
Describe the protocols Michael Werner used in your cycles at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I did numerous semen analyses and blood analyses and was physically examined to include an ultrasound of my testicles. I was administered Clomid to see if it would increase my fertility. I then was scheduled for a surgical procedure, MESA, to extract sperm from my testicles directly to be used in IVF. Our IVF cycle was then managed by RMACT and they are the ones who referred me to Dr. Werner and I am so glad they did. We did one cycle of IVF and transferred two embryos which led to the birth of our daughter and then 2 years later we transferred our last 2 frozen embryos and our second daughter was born.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Werner at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health.
Dr. Werner will take what your insurance will pay and there is some out of pocket expenses but all were manageable. He is very supportive of your circumstances.
Describe Michael Werner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health.
N/A. He was extremely encouraging and very supportive of our decisions.
Michael Werner
Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health
Manhattan

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Werner at Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health.