The MacLeod Laboratory

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
Jupiter
3893 Military Trail
Jupiter, FL 33458
561) 427-0511
65 E. 79th Street
New York City, NY 10021
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend The MacLeod Laboratory to a friend?
1 doctor
2012 - 2018
I really appreciate that they [The MacLeod Laboratory] are working to help couples conceive, to restore fertility, so IVF is not always needed. I also feel they left us much healthier than they found us, which is priceless. THey are very honest and made no guarantees....They [nursing staff] were helpful from how to address insurance, helping to file appeals, to dealing with comfort and procedures, and prescriptions.
2012 - 2018
European, South Asian
Describe your experience with The MacLeod Laboratory.
I really appreciate that they are working to help couples conceive, to restore fertility, so IVF is not always needed. I also feel they left us much healthier than they found us, which is priceless. THey are very honest and made no guarantees. They were clear that every body is different, and that what they can do is use their experience to help give us the best possible chances for implantation. (We had had no implantion for 7 yrs other than one ectopic. So my uterus shut down every embryo.) Greatest weakness is that other doctors are not open to working with him, since they don't want to treat these causes. So this can lead to difficulty, and the patient needs to lead the ship with regards to coordinating between consultants. On the upside though, if you don't need IVF following treatment, then you could avoid needing IVF altogether.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Attila Toth at The MacLeod Laboratory?
He is devoted to solving infertility with attention to an underlying cause. He only recommends IVF when it appropriate, after causes have been addressed. He attributes significance to symptoms such as spotting, low CM, digestive problems, and roving allergies, which all other docs told me were normal things. He keeps in touch with us even now that we have a child. Always responds to my emails, even though we are not active patients.
They were helpful from how to address insurance, helping to file appeals, to dealing with comfort and procedures, and prescriptions.
How was your experience with Attila Toth at The MacLeod Laboratory?
He is a character and quite old, not always perfectly PC maybe? He chats more than the average doctor. I found him to be humorous, and it took a moment for me to adjust my frame of reference to handle his sense of humor. Once adjusted, I felt like I had a grandparent on my team who cared deeply for my success. He was simultaneously very professional with me and my husband and always followed all guidelines and protocols to the T.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Attila Toth at The MacLeod Laboratory?
If you want to find the root cause of inflammation in your body - spotting, ectopic, adhesions, loss of CM, dwindling period - check him out, or test theough Locus Medicus. Bacterial causes of infertitly and immune issues are completely inhabited by OB's and RE's. Read his books (online for free) and educate yourself to see if it may be relevant to your journey. Don't wait until after 6 failed IVFs like most patients. If I had had tubes left, I probably would have been able to conceive naturally after treating our bacterial issues.
Describe the protocols Attila Toth used in your cycles at The MacLeod Laboratory and their degree of success.
Diagnosis included lab tests (now more affordable available through Locus Medicus.) A very detailed history of personak and family health symptoms. Ultrasound of he cervix (and prostate in men) showed physical signs of the infection. Generally he treats the couple for bacterial issues and then if possible, they will try naturally for a few months following treatment. In our case we had no tubes. So we waited several months for my immune system to calm down. All my symptoms went away following the treatment - symptoms all other doctors (about 7 of them) did not pay any attention to. While he suggested the embryos we had made at a prior clinic before treating the bacterial issues were likely compromised and would not survive, we transferred them anyway resulting in two failed transfers. He was not discouraged at all. Offered hugs and suggested we create embryos anew and try one more time. (All in all this would be our 7th try. All prior attempts were BFN. Not to mention 4 yrs of TTC before we lost the tubes to ectopic and blockage from the hidden bacterial issues.). We did a new fresh IVF at an IVF clinic. The first transfer worked and we have a very healthy child. I also have a much healthier body, and a healthier husband. Very greatful for his attention to solving a problem, rather than trying to work around it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Attila Toth at The MacLeod Laboratory.
Treatment depended on how much insurance covered. If OOP, it may have been put to about 8K per person. But insurance covers much of what he does, so our treatment cost was around 12K for two ppl. And further treatment during first trimester was fully covered.
Describe Attila Toth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The MacLeod Laboratory.
One baby is recommended for the healthiest outcome. The focus in treating bacterial issues is to create not just healthy pregnancies, but healthy babies, and healthy families, as these latent bacteria are passed from generation to generation, not just partner to partner.
Attila Toth