Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?

2 doctors
Our previous coordinator made a huge mistake with us. She didn't read our chart thoroughly and we had to cancel a transfer because of her. ... The clinic [MCRM] has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. ...
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. I am so glad I now have coverage for infertility. Last year around this time my previous coordinator made a huge mistake. We had planned to do our transfer in December and the coordinator didn't realize that we had frozen eggs not embryos. Even though she had my chart (I think) and the office wasn't prepared to do our transfer. We didn't know my husband needed to see a urologist to do a work up for his azospermia. Super frustrating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
At times I really feel like there is a break down of communication with their office and my husband and I. I feel like we have very poor follow up from their clinic. We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. He has been under his care for 3 months. After his 1 month follow-up with the urologist, MCRM contacted us because they said he will need labs after he had just had them drawn and a SA. We hadn't heard from MCRM for at least 2 months, no check ins or anything. And it was like they were demanding that my husband have these tests done. So. I called the urologists office and they said, no it takes 3 months for Clomid to start working and he didn't need to have labs since he had just had them drawn. And when I called MCRM to let them know we'd just follow up with the urologist, they were a little irritated. But, we didn't feel it was necessary. We barely have any communication with them right now. No check ins or anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Mitan)
I have only communicated with her through email, but she is always prompt in responding back, and answers all my questions. She is always nice.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel he is very knowledgeable, and does spend a lot of time with his patients. He is a very kind Dr., and will pretty much do what you ask of him. And, if he doesn't know an answer, he will do his best to find out for you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very smart man, and his statistics speak for themselves.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval he gave me gonal-f, menopur. And my trigger shot was ovidrel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Had to pay out of pocket for some things that I didn't feel that we should have. I feel they are comparable to other clinics.
Chesterfield

My only issue is that the clinic [MCRM] has a timeline for patients and they aren't always prepared for patients that need a slightly different timeline. ... Lab - the embryologists and embryo lab are amazing. ... They sent videos! ... Willing to charge in small increments so I could use credit card cash back as a 1.5% "discount" ... Overall - you can tell MCRM has grown very quickly and some things about patient care have not been fully developed 9I think the teams are overloaded) - but overall the nurses were really nice. ...
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM - the marketing guy (Dale) is awful - probably the clinic's biggest weakness. The facebook posts border on offensive, the baby butt ad is awful, and the podcast is not always supportive of what infertility patients need. Doctors - both Ahlering and Aubuchon were really good and patient. The clinic has grown a lot quickly and sometimes it shows but overall they really care. Billing - up front and really helpful. The receptionist could not figure out some issue and the billing manager called in on her day off to resolve the issue. Willing to charge in small increments so I could use credit card cash back as a 1.5% "discount". Lab - the embryologists and embryo lab are amazing. All my eggs fertilized and 2 made it to blastocyst. They sent videos! The only thing I didn't like was if you day 5 falls on a Saturday or Sunday you do not receive a call about your embryos -the extra two days were so stressful and I debated the entire time if we had decided on the wrong clinic. We also transferred an embryo in and they were amazing at coordinating this. I even got a follow-up email telling me the embryo was settled in his new tank. The portal is awful - you can't reply to messages! Flow sheet is impossible to find in the app. Hate the portal.
Dr Alhering has done several of my ultrasounds and office visits. He is always friendly and kind. Jokes about my "shy" left ovary but can always find it. He did my ERA biopsy last month and was wonderfully supportive during the four tissue samples. Consultations with him can last more than an hour and he never leaves until you are content. He is also really good at making sure your are covered except immediately during procedures and making eye contact with you when he can.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina (IUI), Rachel (FET), Jen (IVF))
Christina - she always called on the day she said she would, even with a high patient load. Did not always follow through on details. Jen - probably the poorest communicator of the group. Often had to ask about care to get responses/info. Rachel - great about responding. Overall - you can tell MCRM has grown very quickly and some things about patient care have not been fully developed 9I think the teams are overloaded) - but overall the nurses were really nice.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We went to Ahlering because everyone we told we were doing IVF said he was their doctor when they got pregnant from IVF or IUI. We are starting our first round of FET with him after and ERA cycle and an egg retrieval. He's very kind and does a good job explaining things and his reasoning behind treatment. I also like that he pays attention to my modesty and jokes as appropriate. My only issue is that the clinic has a timeline for patients and they aren't always prepared for patients that need a slightly different timeline.
Talk to him - ignore the marketing guy and actually get to know him.
IUIs - gonal-f at 75 IU for 5 days, trigger with ovidrel after midcycle scan. IUIs done by PA, Cierra. IVF: antagonist protocol. Started daily HGH injections before cycle and coQ10. I was unusual - he usually does birth control pills before cycle but because I had a delayed period from my prior IVF he had to induce a period with Provera. Use Gonal-f, menopur, centrotride (sp?). Triggered with lupron and Hcg. Shorter stim - I really think I needed another day and more monitoring. We got 7 eggs, 4 mature, all 4 fertilized. Two died on day 5 as day 4 morulas and 2 are frozen for transfer. ERA test: accepted into clinical trial. Low cost meds, good monitoring. I aslo wanted to do receptiva and he told me he didn't think I needed it but if I wanted it he would support it. Did BC pills then estrace patches every 3rd day with oral estradiol at 4mg. PIO injections started on day 5. He ordered plenty of meds so I would have everything I needed for the ERA and the next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We did the "gold" package - egg retrieval and one FET. No genetic testing. We added PICSI (so worth it) and embryoscope (SO worth it). PICI was $200; embryoscope $800. Our cost with educator discount was $10,500 for cycle plus $500 anesthesiologist (he was great) and $1500 meds.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
He prefers eSET - was very happy when we told him one embryo but said he would do two if we really wanted but his recommendation was eSET.
Chesterfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The staff at the front desk [of MCRM] is frequently rude...They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports...their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at the front desk is frequently rude, not only to myself, but also other patients. They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports. Michelle Brinkmeyer, who is their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Dr. Ahlering and his staff gave us conflicting information regarding his recommendations for our care. He told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI. We were instructed to set up a phone call with Dr. Ahlering to discuss the conflicting information. He called over 1.5 hours after the scheduled time and stated that we were “all speaking the same language” and that an IUI would not benefit us. Clearly, he and his PA were not speaking the same language. He refuses to forward any of his consultation or progress notes to my new doctor and his staff states that all records of treatment plans, prescribed medications and dosages are proprietary information specific to their facility (rather than the individualized care they claim to provide) and they also won’t release those records. The only records they are willing to release are lab results and ultrasound reports. This leads me to question if there even is any documentation regarding my care. They do not seem to see myself or my husband as human beings trying to grow our family, but rather as an enemy for daring to question them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker)
Christina seems to care about her patients. She seems like a good person. I don’t have anything bad to say about her.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My first impression of Dr. Ahlering was that he seemed like a car salesman. Out of desperation for a baby, we decided to give him a chance and start treatment immediately rather than wait for another consultation with a different doctor. I fully regret this decision. We met with Dr. Ahlering once and had 3 phone conversations with him. He and the office are (for lack of a better word) exceptionally shady. I feel like he is just out to make money and does not truly care about his patient’s success. I also feel like there has been retaliation against us for leaving their practice and seeing a different specialist.
Do not go to MCRM Fertility for any reason. Do not see Dr. Ahlering. I 100% regret my decision to receive treatment from this physician.
We did one timed intercourse cycle with 7.5 mg letrozole for 5 days. Midcycle scan showed follicles not large enough to trigger. Started letrozole 7.5 mg again for 5 days. Second midcycle scan showed mature follicles. Triggered with Ovidrel and then proceeded with TI. Second cycle we did 5 days of 10 mg letrozole and added 3 injections of 50 units Gonal-F. Midcycle scan showed follicles were not mature. We were instructed to use 75 units of Gonal-F for 2 days and then the remainder of what was in the pen the 3rd day (about 50 units). Second midcycle scan showed several mature follicles. Risks of multiples were discussed and we triggered with Ovidrel that evening and proceeded with TI. For our third cycle we used 10 mg letrozole for 7 days, one day of 150 units Gonal-F, followed by 75 units Gonal-F the next 2 days. Midcycle scan showed mature follicles and we triggered with Ovidrel and proceeded with TI. We were unsuccessful each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I had no insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was $250. Medications costs were around $370 each cycle.

2017 - 2019
After a few months we got the routine down [at MCRM], but sometimes felt lost, especially in the beginning. Dont be afraid to ask questions when things get confusing. We struggled the most with the financial department. These are big decisions and big payments. I think sometimes others who see it all the time may forget that... IUI approximately $1000 per round plus medications IVF $16000 for 2 egg retrievals (with egg banking first round) and no transfer completed, plus additional for medications
Describe your experience with MCRM.
People in the office are generally friendly and helpful. I've been happy with our medical care. We sometimes werent sure what the next steps were. After a few months we got the routine down, but sometimes felt lost, especially in the beginning. Dont be afraid to ask questions when things get confusing. We struggled the most with the financial department. These are big decisions and big payments. I think sometimes others who see it all the time may forget that
Spent adequate time with us. Answer our questions fully
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina (IUI))
Christina was our coordinator for IUI. She was amazing. Although we were not successful and eventually moved on to IVF, she was very helpful. She was calm and helped me to relax even when sharing news we didnt want to hear. Her compassion and overall presence was appreciated
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We are happy with Dr Ahlering. He addresses our concerns professionally and respectfully. He states his opinion on medical issues with research or examples to explain. Our biggest struggle is balancing those medical opinions with reality/the financial aspect of fertility treatments.
Be prepared with questions but dont be afraid to contact again later after you've had time to process the large amounts of information given
IUI: letrozole pills (5 days) and gonal 150 u injected (3 days) 3 negatives IVF: menopur, cetrotide, gonal. CoQ10, DHEA, and omnitrope added for 2nd retrieval. 1st retrieval 13 eggs, 8 mature. 2nd retrieval 4 mature eggs. 4 initially fertilized but did not grow to genetic testing stage
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We were not able to transfer so discussed this very little

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Since they [MCRM] are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.... Shawnie has been easy to communicate with, through the portal or phone. She has been there to support and comfort when I've needed. She's called when she said she would and has always answered my questions.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Since they are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Every time that I have needed to talk to her or have an appointment, I have been able to. She answers my questions, explains things in details, even took notes for me! She was genuinely upset with our loss and asked us multiple times how we were doing. Every visit, she takes time to talk to us about non-medical/fertility related topics and is interested in us as people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I am so excited to have Dr. Aubuchon as my doctor! In the short amount of time that we have been there, she has provided us with more answers than we got at our previous clinic after 8 years. She wants to find the answers. Our goal is her goal. She is a very compassionate person. After one procedure, I felt dizzy and hot. She put cool compresses on me (didn't get a nurse to do it!) and didn't leave the room until she was sure that I was feeling better.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She doesn't sugarcoat things and will give you an honest answer on test results, procedures, and what it all means towards your chances of having a baby.
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Before deciding any medication protocols, Dr. Aubuchon wanted to start with testing and making sure that she had as much information as possible. She didn't want to just follow previous protocols from our previous clinic, she wanted new and updated information so that she could develop an individualized treatment and medication protocol.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
She prefers to transfer one embryo at a time with the reasoning of creating the perfect environment for that one embryo and giving it the best chance without it having to compete for resources.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
CRM will take great care of you. From the front desk receptionist, to the nurses and lab staff, they were all wonderful to work with! They make sure you leave with full understanding of what the next step are. They are organized and caring. I wish I had gone straight to MCRM instead of trying other specialists first. It would have saved us a ton of time and money... Jen was awesome! I was able to meet with her in person before we started our cycle. She went over medication instructions with me which was extremely helpful. She was always quick to respond to any questions I ever had.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM will take great care of you. From the front desk receptionist, to the nurses and lab staff, they were all wonderful to work with! They make sure you leave with full understanding of what the next step are. They are organized and caring. I wish I had gone straight to MCRM instead of trying other specialists first. It would have saved us a ton of time and money.
Dr. Ahlering’s office is warm and welcoming. He is also a very kind person. They take the time to listen, instead of rushing you in and out like an assembly line.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoelting)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is the best fertility specialist I have ever worked with. He listens, he genuinely cares, he explains everything with great detail and he offers so many advanced options with IVF treatment that my last doctor didn’t utilize/believe in.
Go to Dr. Ahlering!! You won’t regret your decision to atleast set up a consultation to meet with him. He will listen to you.
Dr. Ahlering used the full IVF protocol instead of the Mini protocol our last doctor used. We had wonderful results with this protocol. He prescribed me Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel and another trigger shot. He also had me on a vitamin regimen of Coq10, omega, DHEA, and prenatals. He retrieved 18 eggs, 17 of those were mature eggs. Of the 18, 16 fertilized. And we ended up with 6 day 5 blastocysts that are currently being genetically tested.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering offers 3 different IVF plans. We chose the Gold plan that costs $15,500.
Dr. Ahlering will try to talk you into a single embryo transfer, but he will allow 2 embryos to be transferred if you feel strongly about doing so.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Several of the nurses [at MCRM] provide excellent care and compassion of patients. My coordinator I was assigned overall did alright. There were several big misses that she did not give us information on. I am an out of town client And so I have wondered if things would have been different if I was “in town.”? Who knows. Just lots of small slip ups that she didn’t follow through on. One example was not getting lab work and orders to my doctor locally before my appt!! So I arrived and the lab had zero lab work on me and then I go for my appointment and my OB had no orders for that day
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful place - facility that is. They are very welcoming as a clinic. And strive to provide excellent care Again I think a weakness might be that out of town patients might get lost in the shuffle of details at times.
They do a good job of treating you like a human and not a number most of the time. I do believe they have grown largely and the nurse coordinators have a hard time keeping up with details. At times anyway that was my experience. So in some cases it was exhausting to chase down a nurse to get labs, results or to ask for answer to a question I had already inquired about previously.
Several of the nurses provide excellent care and compassion of patients. My coordinator I was assigned overall did alright. There were several big misses that she did not give us information on. I am an out of town client And so I have wondered if things would have been different if I was “in town.”? Who knows. Just lots of small slip ups that she didn’t follow through on. One example was not getting lab work and orders to my doctor locally before my appt!! So I arrived and the lab had zero lab work on me and then I go for my appointment and my OB had no orders for that day . I was furious. I took off work, scheduled this time and then I arrive to have nothing. So I spent my morning trying to chase down nurses at MCRM. And that’s not my job I was more than annoyed. That is one example
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is a wonderful communicator. He is definitely an intelligent doctor who knows what he is doing. I am very impressed with how long he has being working in the infertility field. I have confidence in him as a patient and I appreciate several long phone calls he has endured with me to answer multiple questions. Though he has not been able to get us pregnant I still have full confidence in who he is as a Dr.
It would be helpful to go more in depth on the front end and ask more of the “realistic expectations” for what truly goes into Each procedure. And what you can expect at every stage of the game. So if you make it past the egg retrieval then you wait x amount of time before xyz I would ask any and all questions. I wish I would have asked more
I have been through two ER and gained many eggs. We have not made it to the transfer yet because although we got many eggs they did not make it to the next stage. Which is devastating. No one warned me you could get such a high number of eggs and then there is a chance that zero make it . That would have been good information to know
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did them in my own town
20-30,000
We have not made it to an embryo transfer yet. So I am not sure. Although he has told me over the phone he only likes a single transfer each time.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The office staff [at MCRM] is amazing! The financial team is very confusing. My egg retrieval was 5 months ago and I’m still not sure what I owe from it. It took them 3 months just to submit to my insurance. I feel like the coordinators have too much on their plate. I never felt important because mt questions or concerns were just a bother.... My coordinator made me feel like my questions and concerns did not matter. I felt like I was on an assembly line being passed to the next station. She told me I had to wait an additional month for transfer because I did not get on the schedule in time even though I told her 6 weeks in advance.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The office staff is amazing! The financial team is very confusing. My egg retrieval was 5 months ago and I’m still not sure what I owe from it. It took them 3 months just to submit to my insurance. I feel like the coordinators have too much on their plate. I never felt important because mt questions or concerns were just a bother.
Dr. Aubuchon always called with results and explained why she did each thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen H)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon was a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. Although I had complications, she took great care of me and explained all risks. I do wish I would have known the concern of not getting my ovary cauterized. The nurses acted like it wasn’t a big deal, but ended up resulting in emergency surgery the next week.
Trust Dr. Aubuchon to give you the best care. However, be involved in your treatment. You are spending too much money to blindly follow someone without understanding why.
At first, Dr. Aubuchon had me on 75 units of Gonal F and Menopur. However, when I went to my apt, my eggs had barely grown. At that point, she had me give myself 325 units of Gonal and doubled my Menopur. When I went 3 days later, my eggs still needed to grow more. I went back 2 more days and I had about 40 eggs maturing so they cancelled my fresh transfer and had my egg retrieval 3 days later. I had 37 eggs retrieved, but only 2 made it to day 5.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I’m not sure since the financial team still has not sent me a bill after paying my deposit.
My dr advises you to only do a single Embryo transfer. She enoucraged me to do both because I had a 2cc and 3cc with no genetic testing. I am 10 weeks with a single baby.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

From the minute I walked in the door I felt heard. Every staff member at MCRM treated me like a person and gave me my voice back in my infertility treatment.... I cannot day enough about the nursing staff at MCRM! They truly are the back bone of the office! My coordinator was such a compassionate support and would answer any and all questions... The clinic is organized, friendly and ready to make your dream come true. They go above and beyond to provide you the necessary support needed. They have a patient portal that supplies you with all lab results and resources! You have access to ask any questions to the staff through your portal and they are so quick in responses!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr.Ahlering took the time to listen to my story and answer all my questions. He heard me and provided reassurance and hope after my miscarriage to help my dream of being a mom come true. He gives his undivided attention and does not rush you through your consultation. His team is the trained and ready to be your tribe!
I would tell them to breathe and trust that you found the right place to have a voice! You will have support from the staff to the patients as it will become your family!
I came to Dr.A after a miscarriage at ten weeks, times intercourse, clomid cycles and two failed IUIs. He went through the unexplained infertility diagnosis and possible treatment options. After already having tests done showing normal results he gave comfort in finding an answer. We tried our final and third IUI with femara. Unfortunately it did not work and now we’re looking into ivf but need to financially save to afford it
Chesterfield

Kristin [a nurse at MCRM] was amazing. This was my first time doing ivf and she handled all of my questions like a champ. She is so sweet and compassionate.... The clinic is very organized. I have never had to wait very long to be seen. Everyone is so kind and helpful and willing to answer any questions I had. Scheduling was a breeze and i was able to get the appointment times I needed to work around my schedule.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Every time I am in the office, I feel like he truly cares about my care. He takes his time and explains everything and what the next steps need to be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
Kristin was amazing. This was my first time doing ivf and she handled all of my questions like a champ. She is so sweet and compassionate.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is amazing. He truly cares and wants the best outcome. This is not our first clinic but this is by far the best clinic we have been to. My husband and I both love the care that we have gotten. Dr. Ahlering is so knowledgeable and we really feel like we are in good hands with our care.
Ask questions if you have them. He will take time and answer every question you have.
We are in our first ivf cycle and dr. Alhering suggested we take lupron for a month prior to stims. I started with 20 units for 5 days, then 10 units for 5 days, then 5 units the remainder. When we started stims I started out on 225 gonal. My body was slow to respond. After about 5 days he added menopur 75units and bumped my gonal up to 300. I have pcos so he was trying to take it slow with me. I ended up stimming for 13 days before I was ready for egg retrieval. We ended up with 17 eggs. 10 mature and so far 7 have fertilized and are growing. Dr. Alhering suggests we do a frozen transfer to give my body a break from the hormones so we will be doing that next month!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are still in treatment, pending insurance payment.

PCOS, Other
Ceara [a nurse at MCRM] has been AMAZING. She stays on top of my treatment plan and follows up accordingly. She answers ALL questions and concerns SAME DAY if not right away.... Our first experience with the office staff was a nightmare. NO one knew anything and couldn't seem to communicate. We were pulled in all directions, this was due to the lady we spoke to in the finance department. My advice to you would be DO NOT go by anything anyone says until AFTER you speak to the doctor and he gives/assigns you to a team member who will be assisting in your treatment. We were so confused before we even met the doctor on what we were suppose to be doing. After our first appointment, everything went so much smoother.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering is the FIRST doctor to help me get to the root of my infertility and not just push medications at me. He carefully diagnosed the reason I have not been able to get pregnant. Since our first consultation in December, we have been working on treating my PCOS and preparing myself to have a healthy pregnancy. I am also diabetic, and have high blood pressure along with the PCOS. His compassion to actually HELP me with my current health/infertility issues before conceiving has been his first priority! To have a doctor actually care about my well being and health is a first for my husband and I. We have been trying to conceive for the past 8.5 years and 11 total doctors. I am really hoping that Dr. A is the answer to our prayers! We are well on our way under his care with our current treatment. So far EVERYTHING that he has done for us has been working. We have a few more months of treatment to go to prepare myself for a healthy pregnancy. I can't THANK Dr. A enough for taking his time, effort and compassion to HELP me and my husband. We can't wait to see what our future holds with Dr. A's help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara Barmeier, PA-C, MS)
Ceara has been AMAZING. She stays on top of my treatment plan and follows up accordingly. She answers ALL questions and concerns SAME DAY if not right away.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Do not ask Dr. Ahlering a question you do not want an honest answer to. He does not sugar coat the truth, treatments or risks. He tells you just how things are or will go. Very up front and to the point. First doctor for us to be so honest in the risks for my husband and I. He is a talker, and very knowledgeable be prepared to listen.
Currently undergoing treatments to treat my PCOS. We are not to this point yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are currently in the middle of treatment. Our costs have been ultrasounds, lab work and medications. We do not have fertility coverage and have currently spent almost $2,000.00
N/A - not to this point yet.
Chesterfield

This place [MCRM] is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.... Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This place is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.
From the first time my wife and i stepped into the clinic, we were greeted like, we were any other couple that happened to be struggling with infertility. Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.
Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do. It was a breath of fresh air
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon has been nothing short of amazing..she sees SO MANY PEOPLE, daily, weekly, monthly, and every single time, she remembers who we are, my wife’s name, if she doesn’t get to come with me, what we discussed with the last visit, etc. I have had reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, and she goes as far as to even down to remembering the size of it from my last visit.
Ask all the questions. She is there to help you with anything and everything. And she is ready with the answers. Don’t think any question you have, is a stupid question.
Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards. There was one other medicine, that i don’t recall the name of, but it was to help my follicles grow. The first time that we tried (times intercourse with private donor) the medicine that i was given to grow my follicles grew 8 giant follicles. Both my coordinator and Dr Aubuchon were kinda freaked, and didn’t want us to move forward with our timed intercourse plan, and dr Aubuchon said that she would normally suggest IVF for situations such as this..being that, IVF was out of our price range, and she knew it, she didn’t push the factor, and let us make our own decisions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The cost was decent enough..nothing to do with infertility is cheap, but the ladies make sure they understand your budget, and they don’t push you to get the more expensive medication, or go straight into IVF if you can’t afford it. They really work with you

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Overall, this [MCRM] is a good clinic for patients with ongoing infertility issues. I feel that my personal situation would better be suited for a center that specializes in IUI. However, Dr. Ahlering is seemingly the the pinnacle for reproductive services as a physician.... My nursing care coordinator, Christina, seemed intersted in my personal care. However, she neglected to return important phone calls in a timely matter and was unable to answer many questions regarding my care plan.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Overall, this is a good clinic for patients with ongoing infertility issues. I feel that my personal situation would better be suited for a center that specializes in IUI. However, Dr. Ahlering is seemingly the the pinnacle for reproductive services as a physician.
Overall, I felt like a human after the visit my husband and I have with Dr. Ahlering. During the IUI process, however, I felt like a number. The process was very quick and I felt as though the practitioner was rushed and had no time to talk or answer any questions I had. Additionally, I waiting 24 hours longer than I should have had to for serum beta results, which made me feel like a number.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable. I feel that for patients with female factor infertility, he is the pinnacle of reproductive specialists. However, as an individual couple with male factor infertility (my husband has a history of leukemia) I feel as though a lot of our questions were ambiguiously answered or unanswered.
Have questions ready before you enter the office.
With no female factor infertility, we simply treated my IUI using donor sperm with letrozole, a trigger shot, and prometrium The letrozole started after CD3 ultrasound, trigger shot 36 hours prior to IUI, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 days after IUI until serum beta 2.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Consults: $80 Transvaginal Ultrasound: $250 IUI: $500 Lab work: to be determined
Not applicable.
Chesterfield
[MCRM's] Strength- Mosy everyone I’ve been in contact with has been lovely, kind, compassionate, and cooperative. Weakness- The phlebotomist is very good, but also arrives 15min late frequently. I was told lab opened at 7:30, but she doesn’t arrive until 7:45 most days. That puts a strain on my work.... Christina Romacker and Shelly are absolutely wonderful. Ceara was very nice, but didn’t seem the most confident. Maybe it’s just her quieter nature.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
During my consultation, she was very kind and looked me in the eye. I felt at ease.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has a very caring and compassionate nature. I do wish she would have told me from the beginning that she preferred us to do ivf given my husband’s results. However, she knew I wanted low intervention if possible. I guess there is no harm in trying a few $1000 IUIs before going to $20,000 ivf.
Do your own research on statistics regarding your/your partner’s infertility dx’s. She gave me statistics that were related to just my fertility, no including my husband’s results.
IUI #1- 5mg femara for 5 days. I have pcos, so she skipped the low 2.5mg dose. I ended up needing a second follicular u/s bc the dose was too low for my body. Eventually produced 1 follicle. Ovidrel 100mg for trigger and 100mg progesterone supp for 10 days after IUI. Negative for pregnancy. #2- femara 7.5mg for 5 days. Upped the dose bc I didn’t respond well to 5mg. Produced likely 2 follicles and did not need a second follicular u/s. Ovidrel 100mg for trigger and then progesterone 100mg for 10 days after IUI. Negative for pregnancy. #3- femara 10mg for 5 days. Upped dose hoping to get a confident 2-3 mature follicles. Still in process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$250 for each ultrasound $500 for IUI ~$145 for medication.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

There was issues it seemed like when my donor would go in to drop off paperwork or fill out paperwork. ... MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place. They have great resources including a Facebook group for patients to communicate with each other.
I truly felt like everyone cared for your care and your outcome and make you feel like a person and not a number. Everyone was always so friendly and made sure you were taken care of and if you needed anything
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie was always helpful, caring and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable about process and procedures and all FDA regulations. She was patient with us when it was taking a very long time for our donor to get his things done, never did she rush us to get things done or pressure us in any way. It seemed like when we were at our lowest she knew how to make things a bit better.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering truly cares for his patients and does whatever in his power to ensure the outcome they want. Even though we were not successful with obtaining pregnancy. Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. Not only did he make myself feel comfortable with him but he made my husband feel as comfortable as well. He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
Ask questions, no questions is stupid or dumb.
With each IUI cycle it was the same...Letrozole, Follistum, insemination, progesterone, then hcg blood draws 2 weeks later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We had no benefits for health insurance and had to pay for everything out of pocket. Some things they would bill the insurance company and then bill us later. All 3 IUI's were paid for out of pocket.
Chesterfield

Christina [a nurse at MCRM- Chesterfield] is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready... I love this clinic. Expect to be greeted by happy, kind and smiling staff. It's very clean and a positive environment. I almost never had to wait in the waiting room before my appointment which was always nice. I honestly don't have a single weakness to list.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Every time I met with my doctor or nurses they always remembered me by name. I wasn't just another case to them. Even though we didn't have success and are on a break from treatment right now, I still get personalized emails from my nurse asking how my husband and I are doing. It brings a smile to my face every time knowing how much they still care and they are still here for us.
Christina is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I was surprised when I met Dr. Ahlering for the first time. He is the most compassionate, kind and down to earth doctor I've ever had. He listened to mine and my husband's concerns and questions and answered everything clearly until we fully understood.
Be ready to talk and listen to Dr. Ahlering. Your appointment won't be a quick appointment like every other doctor appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I was able to apply for 50% off medication but nothing else was covered under my insurance. Each IUI procedure was $500. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were additional costs. I think all together for 4 IUI cylces, it was close to $5,000. We were also able to do a payment plan.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
We live over 2000 miles from this clinic [MCRM], but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.... The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient. The clinic has "offices" on 2 seperate floors, so its necessary to know where you are going, but if you show up on the wrong floor, it isn't a difficult thing to fix. They work really well to accommodate you and your needs, we live over 2000 miles away and they do phone consults and order some of the pre- testing done nearer to us.
Dr. Ahlering (and his staff) treated me and our treatment plan as if it was their own, as if this was something they were going through with my husband and I. Any questions we had they did their absolute best to answer question, our Nurse coordinator cried with me when she called to deliver the positive pregnancy test news, and even during a subsequent phone consult (we live 2000 miles from the clinic) with Dr. Ahlering about further cycles he remembered the name of our son and that we had a female embryo transfered at the same time that did not survive. We live over 2000 miles from this clinic, but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel)
You will have different nurse coordinators for retrieval and transfer cycles. Both of the coordinators (and the entire staff) were wonderful. They never had a problem answering question after question, were extremely patient and helpful. Rachel (our transfer coordinator) even cried on the phone with me when she called to give us our only positive result after 3 transfers and 7 embryos (2 transfers at a previous clinic).
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics (Tulsa, OK and Springfield, MO). He is very much a talker during this consults and does really well answering all questions and explaining anything you need. He doesnt act at all like he is rushed or needs to get on to the next patient. He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Be prepared to really talk to him, he strives to answer all your questions and make sure you understand the treatment plan, so sometimes consults can be lengthy.
We chose to do 2 cycles and bank the eggs before fertilizing them and doing a transfer. Both cycles were agonist cycles with the use of follistem and gonal-F and a lupron trigger. I was also on estrogen patches and then testosterone patches for the 2nd cycle. The first cycle produced 10 eggs and the second produced 12 (I have reduced ovarian reserve). We then used ICSI and PGS testing. We ended with 4 embryos for testing 2 normal and 2 low level mosaic (which will be used after another 2 egg banking cycles if needed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid around 23,000$ for 2 egg banking cycles, PGS testing, medications, and 3 months of frozen embryo storage.
Dr. Ahlering was fine with us transfering 2 PGS tested embryos, as I am healthy. I know from others that he will suggest only one embryo in certain cases. He has also suggested using our low level mosaic embryos if the planned 2 egg banking cycles are not successful.

IUI, 2 IVF
Strength [MCRM- Chesterfield] would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.... $20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer... Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield

I have had a couple nursing coordinators [at MCRM] but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me...After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The biggest strength of the clinic [MCRM] is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment
Chesterfield

MCRM was Very helpful, kind, compassionate. They treated us as they would want their family members treated. We were having a couple issues getting some paperwork from our insurance and Mel went above and beyond to help me track down the paper we needed in time to start our planned cycle. Since we live in Oklahoma we were provided a medication class in Tulsa we could attend to learn about the medication and how to draw our meds without having to drive 6 hours to Chesterfield. They also work with a few doctors in the Tulsa area so we could do all our labs and ultrasounds at their offices and again not have to travel 6 hours weekly
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering and his office staff are very helpful, kind and courteous. They answer all questions you may have and help you in whatever way they can. We loved working with them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
All of the staff we worked with including Mel, Lindsey, and Courtney were very good! Great communication with all, helpful when we needed help, and quick to respond
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I loved how Dr Ahlering was very blunt and honest with you and didn’t lead you on to believe that every IVF story is a success. He had great bedside manner! He did make sure all of our questions were answered and that we understood what to expect. He even made time for phone calls to check on us before and after our IVF cycle. He spoke to my husband and I as humans and made us feel comfortable about the situation.
Be prepared financially for an immediate second cycle if need Be. This process is a roller coaster of emotions and a waiting game so prepare yourself and remember not every IVF story is a success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We did pay about $6,200 out of pockets but we also had helpbwith our insurance company
Dr. Ahlering strongly recommended transferring one embryo at a time but would do as you asked. We understood his reasoning as a multiple pregnancy comes with complications and with us already having trouble getting pregnant thisbwould not be ideal. Also sometime when you have a multiple pregnancy one baby can take from the other causing one not to make it.
Chesterfield

The nurse [at MCRM] we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is small but quiet and easy to navigate. When we first visited they gave us a tour and all the procedure rooms are on the ground floor while the offices are on the second. It’s comfy and cheery with babies from previous cycles lining the halls!
Mira has personally phoned us to let’s us know results of lab work and what our next steps are in the process. She doesn’t push more expensive treatments if she doesn’t feel they’re needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
The nurse we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She’s a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
Take her advice! We were initially told that with our sperm count levels there was no way my husband would have a biological child and now Mira is putting my husband on medications and shots to try and get his production up enough for ICSI!
We haven’t gone through any procedures at this time besides the initial SA and day 3 US
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Fresh cycle is 11,000 with ICSI or silver package They’re gold package insides ICSI with PGS testing on 8 embryos 15,500 Platinum package includes PICSI, nano beads, PGS testing and 24 hour monitor of embryos 16,500

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic [MCRM- Chesterfield] and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
This has not yet come up for us.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.... They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A [Ahlering] all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
Chesterfield

Our coordinator [at MCRM], Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.... You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Sometimes they [MCRM] seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions...My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen.
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
Chesterfield

This clinic [MCRM] is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Dr. Aubuchon was so patient and kind. She was our second doctor after my Endometriosis diagnosis and several surgeries. We were nervous and scared, but she eased all of that right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Every nurse in this clinic is wonderful! They are completely invested (emotionally) in your journey. I specifically remember how heartbroken our nurse was when she had to call us to explain that our IUI results were negative.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why. She is very passionate about what she does, and she cares about her patients. We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment". She is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend her to any family member or best friend.
Be patient, the clinic is very busy, but it is so worth it!
I don't remember a lot about our IUI cycle. It was kind of a whirlwind experience because it all happened to fast but I did a cycle of injectable medication along with Femera (I think) and a trigger shot. My IUI was very painful because of my Endometriosis and resulted in a negative pregnancy. Which is why we would like to move on to IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The costs were as expected. No higher or lower than other places. However, they do have discount programs that can be applied for.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care.
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
Chesterfield

Our IVF "Gold" package [at MCRM] was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place...Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Jen [nurse at MCRM] has a lot of work cut out for her every month. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her...They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!...The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.

PCOS, Unexplained
We are new to the MCRM clinic and haven't started our IVF cycle, but all interactions with the nursing staff have been amazing!...There are different packages to choose from in regards to costs and the coordinators work with you on applying for grants and financial aid...staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
As we are new to MCRM the process has been overwhelming, but the one positive in this whole process has been the amazing staff at MCRM. After interviewing several doctors and using FertilityIQ to determine who we wanted to move forward with the MCRM staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
Dr. Ahlering took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We are new to the MCRM clinic, but Dr. Ahlering ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process. Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances.
Ask questions and if you don't understand something ask MORE questions.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [MCRM-Chesterfield] does have a remote clinic in my town for consultations but the main clinic is a few hours away. Every staff I encounter is friendly and helpful. The financial staff are great about explaining options... Kristin was very kind and helpful in setting our appointments and making sure any questions were answered.. the clinic offers a single egg retrieval for about 16,000 to 18,000 or 3 egg retrievals at about 35,000
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic does have a remote clinic in my town for consultations but the main clinic is a few hours away. Every staff I encounter is friendly and helpful. The financial staff are great about explaining options
She was kind and made sure we understood the diagnosis and treatment options
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very detailed when discussing diagnosis and issues. She is very calm during procedures. Even while we are trying to secure finances to proceed with treatment, she still reaches out to see how things are going and if she can help.
She is wonderful at easing your nerves
Previously, I used Clomid which did allow me to ovulate but I don't without it. She used blood work and ultrasound to determine if there were any other issues. She found no specific reason that I don't ovulate. For my husband, a very specific semen analysis found that while motility was good, there was no forward movement which is another cause of our infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The insurance I had in the beginning of treatment was great to cover ultrasounds and labs. Unfortunately, I had to change to an insurance that was out of network. We have been trying to secure finances for the IVF procedure and the clinic offers a single egg retrieval for about 16,000 to 18,000 or 3 egg retrievals at about 35,000
When she said IVF was our best option, she stated she would use all viable embryos in the transfer for our best chance

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

They [MCRM- Chesterfield] are great with directing you to who you need to talk with. They get back to you in a timely manner. I feel liked they have a great team and that they are really rooting for everyone. The only negative is that you really didn't know if you owed something before you came in for whatever appointment, otherwise I have nothing bad to say about them...They are fabulous! Christina really cares and made sure to answer all of my questions and she always got back to me quickly with any questions I had. She even has been checking on us since we've been done with IUIs and even sent us a card in the mail!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are great with directing you to who you need to talk with. They get back to you in a timely manner. I feel liked they have a great team and that they are really rooting for everyone. The only negative is that you really didn't know if you owed something before you came in for whatever appointment, otherwise I have nothing bad to say about them.
Dr Aubuchon took the time to look at what we had been through and have us direction as to what we should do next based off of my age and our situation. We really feel like she cares and tells the truth.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She tells it like it is. She is very straight forward and doesn't sugar coat things, but she is also understanding of everyone's situations and really cares. She took the time to walk through a treatment plan specifically for our situation. I would recommend her to everyone!
That she will may be very straightforward, but she is compassionate at the same time.
We haven't started our IVF treatment with her yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I haven't started IVF with Dr Aubuchon yet, so I'm not sure.
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on...Was suppose to have blood work done, but the front office didn't know. So I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone finally telling me I needed to get my blood drawn. Waited over an hour for some appointments.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.... I have only spoke with Jen through e-mail so far. She is very 'to the point' and short in her answers. She is not rude or mean, just very quick with reply length. She has been great to answer questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.
She took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Farley)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She goes over the facts. She is very straight forward. I feel like she gave us all the information we needed. I would have liked paper copies of all the test results. I assume if I asked, she would provide them. We decided on our own to pursue IVF instead of IUI.
Ask all the questions that you have. She does a great job of answering questions and telling you facts. But she doesnt anticipate additional questions or give extra information
We are currently going through IVF. We will be starting the medication soon. We first did sperm analysis testing and blood work. We did an hsg and more blood work and tried my husband on clomid. She was good about seeing if there were any alternatives.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I am still in the process of working out costs. Dena in the financial office is who I am working with.

Male Factor, Other
My first nurse [at MCRM] did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer...There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses...My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000 [for IVF]...Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they [MCRM] have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit...he nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is wonderful! He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He is patient and kind. He really takes his time to answer questions and reassure you. He was open to ideas that I had and gave me his honest opinions. I never felt discriminated against because I'm a single mother by choice.
Tell him everything that is bothering you or anything you have questions about. He will take the time to help you!
I had one or two egg retrievals. I had failed IUI at a previous clinic, so we didn't waste time with that. I don't remember exactly all of the drugs I was on to stim, but I know it was way less than with my previous doctor and I got the same number of eggs every time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Most of it was covered by insurance

Endometriosis, Male Factor
It's a small and clean office [MCRM]. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism...[Nurse] Rachel is smart, caring and fun! She held my hand during retrieval and transfer. She made sure I could always reach her if I needed anything...
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's a small and clean office. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism.
I was an out of state patient and my IVF coordinator called to check on me and made sure I could reach her on weekends and after hours. She even sent me an email on Thanksgiving when I needed help. Dr. Ahlering's staff went above and beyond for me.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is warm, kind and very smart. He treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one.
Make sure you understand the drug protocols before you need to administer the injections.
My husband took clomid and ovidrel to prepare for the cycle. Follistim cd5-11 Menopur cd 9. &11 Ganirelix cd 11 Dual trigger Hcg boosters after retrieval
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was an out of state patient and saw another doctor for monitoring. However, MCRM called with results the same day.
$7,500 basic fresh cycle for out of state patient

2016 - 2019
The clinic [MCRM] is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point...Everyone that I’ve met so far from the clinic has been very compassionate & caring. Going through infertility is a hard time, and everyone seems to care greatly about the patients
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point.
Dr. Ahlering explained everything in great detail, but still in a very caring way. He put me to ease during a difficult time.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful.
Be prepared to get the ball rolling. His clinic & him are all so helpful & keep things moving. It feels like all hands on deck.
We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are just beginning our process. They have a financial coordinator assigned to me that I will meet with next week.
Unsure at the time in our IVF cycle.
Chesterfield

The staff at MCRM is incredible!... Very clean and organized clinic and staff. I love how they are willing to travel other places to cater to patients like myself who do not live close to Chesterfield. It helped that we only had to go to Chesterfield for our retrieval and transfer since we live almost 5 hours away... Communication was always quick and answers were very thorough when I didn’t understand something
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at MCRM is incredible! They are very personable whereas the first doctor I went to seemed like he just wanted your money and wasn’t my personable at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel W & Courtney M)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very professional and informative! We live near Tulsa, OK so only met with him a couple of times when he came from Chesterfield. I always felt like I was in the right hands from the second I met him! He always had a positive outlook on things and insured that he would do what is always best for us and our future.
To not even think about seeing a different doctor and wasting your time somewhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Medical was close to $10,000 and treatment was around $20,000. My insurance only paid very little for some transfer meds
Chesterfield

Ceara [nurse at MCRM] was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds...saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs...It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere. It’s nics just a nice facility overall.
I felt like everyone was really nice, but especially the nurses and the physician assistant, they were so nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara(PA) and Christina )
Ceara was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds and she even did one of my IUIs. I saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs. I really liked her.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She was very nice and thorough during our consultation. She explained all of the options, explained what was causing our infertility, and gave us a run down of everything. Outside of that, I only saw her a handful of times. But when I did see her, she was nice.
I’m not sure.
Did two IUIs with Aubuchon. I did Letrozole for 5 days from days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on CD 11 for follicle check and had to come back in on CD 15 to check again. Triggered with ovedril on CD 17 and had IUI on CD18.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
IUIs cost $500. My monitoring was covered by insurance so I’m not sure about that cost.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Weakness- Team [MCRM] is not organized and needs to communicate better... I think his [Dr. Ahlering] team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized...Christina is great, no complaints. She really cares and she is on top of the IUI schedule....IUI is about $1,700 a time. IVF (silver plan) is $16,500 for everything. Includes ICSI...I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- Team is not organized and needs to communicate better. Strength- Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Dr. A explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel like a human because you can tell he really cares most about getting you pregnant.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay. I think his team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized.
Be patient. Try not to stress too much, it will cause several setbacks.
Right now we are trying IUI because we cannot afford IVF at this time. Likelihood of successful IUI is 10% each time. Protocol is 3 Letrozole 7.5mg for 5 days. Trigger shot. Progesterone for 10 days after IUI. Dr. A told us with IVF we have 85% of success with 2 IVF cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Haven't found out what he prefers yet. Once we are able to do IVF I will hopefully know.
Chesterfield

[MCRM was] Very clean and organized. The rooms were nicely decorated to nake you feel more at home. Location is easy to find and very comfortable. It is a place I don’t feel nervous in because I know I am in good hands...There was some initial confusion with our insurance but the staff cleared it up completely and quickly...only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The entire staff and especially Dr Ahlering treated me and my husband with such compassion. Never made me feel like I was silly for my questions and we so sensitive to our situation.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very thorough and patient. Took his time explaining every result and question I might have. He is passionate about the work he does and it shows through his treatment of patients. I felt like I was in the best hands while there.
Don’t be afraid, he will make you feel comfortable and explain everything no matter how many tines you ask.
We have not had any treatments yet only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He seemed less expansive than other places I had researched. However it’s still very expensive

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you... The biggest strength is going above and beyond for their patients , from events for support and fun to the infertility conference they put on once a year , they really make you feel supported and like you are not alone in this.... We will be doing the gold IVF package , the cost for the package and drugs will be 18,500
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you , it is a great place to go thru this
The staff at MCRM is amazing . They are all sweet and caring and very knowledge .
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We love Dr Ahlering, he explains everything in great detail and answers all our questions , he remains sensitive during this tough time but he also gives us a good laugh and keeps things light during our appointments which we really like. The only complaint we have is when we show up for appointments he doesn’t seemed quite organized and familiar with our file in the beginning and it takes a minute for him to get up to speed , which I know he is very busy so we understand and it’s not a big deal but it is something that could be improved on
You will love MCRM just ask all the questions to can to fully understand everything
We are getting ready to start and IVF cycle in May .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering uses eSET which we prefer and was one of the reasons we picked him. It is safer to not have multiples in a pregnancy and that was not something we were interested in so this fit with our vision

Endometriosis, Male Factor
[MCRM's] Strength are success rates, cutting edge thinking, kind staff and experience !! They think outside the box and communicate well 90% of the time I got timely contact, occasionally took a bit longer but I understand how this is... His [Dr. Ahlering's] “default” recommendation is One at a time..and he thorough explains why multiples is not recommended, he does a lot of pgs so this is a big reason why... I worked with a few [nurses] over time and generally thought they were all very good, responsive, kind.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The doctor and staff are amazing, lots of communication and attention. Dr. Ahlering has so much knowledge and experience!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay and Rachel)
I worked with a few over time and generally thought they were all very good, responsive, kind.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He has a lot of experience in infertility and has also been an OB Gyn. So he knows a lot. He is kind, explains things well and listens. He is always friendly, takes time to explain complicated ideas and answers questions
He is very approachable, so ask questions and communicate your problems
He individualizes the treatment it seems and thinks over what the problems are to address them. They have an analytics program also to predict your individual chances of success. They seem to be cutting edge especially how they manage male infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
All these costs are high but for what they offer it was the best I saw You have to look at These differences
His “default” recommendation is One at a time..and he thorough explains why multiples is not recommended, he does a lot of pgs so this is a big reason why
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.... Christina is excellent at follow through and follow up. Prescriptions are always sent to pharmacy in a timely manner. She responds quickly to patient portal messages and always has time to talk about expectation for the next cycle.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.
Dr. Aubuchon is amazing! She is straightforward and honest about all aspects of treatment. She welcomes you into her office for initial consult, with a warm smile and handshake. She always seems to know her patients and is always kind.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is warm and kind. She is very well versed in PCOS and has a special interest in helping PCOS patients conceive. She is always willing to answer questions and is always honest about what to expect with each cycle.
Take a note pad! She will present you with a lot of information and you will want to take it all in!
All cycles have been letrozole, dexamethasone, and Ovidrel.
Chesterfield
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information [from the nurses at MCRM Fertility] but very quick to answer all my questions...Nice atmosphere. Nurses help each other out. Good about helping if/when meds run out. Online portal is a good tool. If not doing a cycle, appointments are more difficult to get. Charged a copay for every time I just met and talked to the Dr in person...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information but very quick to answer all my questions.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
As a visual person, I liked when he explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial).
Ask questions! You can't ask too many.
Egg Retrivial: Cetrotide, Gonal, and Menapour Transfer: (Will be) Estrogen patch and pill, and the pio shots and vaginal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
5500 for PGS and PGD. 100 for meds. 2500 down payment. 500/year for freezing of embryos. Haven't gotten full dollar amount after insurance and from clinic.
Didn't talk to Dr about number. Decided on only 1 myself.
Chesterfield

All very caring staff [at MCRM]. Very respectful but yet can be a lot of fun. They try to have alot of involvement with patients. They do small get together soon, they have a Facebook for patients, they have small gifts for the patient when they graduate. They are awesome... Lindsay was very sweet and loving. She seemed as if she was feeling your emotions as well. She would go above and beyond to make sure you were comfortable with what was going on or help anyway she could.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All very caring staff. Very respectful but yet can be a lot of fun. They try to have alot of involvement with patients. They do small get together soon, they have a Facebook for patients, they have small gifts for the patient when they graduate. They are awesome.
Dr Ahlering talks to you directly, not through nurses. He is very compassionate, but real. He doesn't give you false expectations, but also let's you know that cons. He always leaves you know each person is different.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Vanwinkle)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is very truthful but respectful. He has a sense to him that will leave you feeling very positive and hopeful, but without false hope. He is very caring and is open to listening to your concerns or ideas. He is upbeat and happy and loves his work.
Give him a chance
I am not sure there was a name for our protocol.
He is usually open to leaving that to you unless you have a health condition limiting you of carrying multiples
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.... Our coordinator was enthusiastic, positive, and yet empathetic and compassionate. There were a few miscommunications along the way, as there would be anywhere. However, they were always able to be fixed in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.
Dr. Aubuchon treated us with dignity & respect. We felt as if she cared about our pregnancy and baby versus her stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon was gentle in delivering information and when speaking with us. We would have liked a deeper explanation of things such as multiple rates, risk, and research. My husband and I also understand not every patient wants that, so the physician is not always well prepared to answer these questions. When there were times that things did not go as planned, or there were difficulties, Dr. Aubuchon did well about listening to us and our decisions.
As always, advocate for yourself. Do not feel bad about asking several questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$500/IUI, $200/Ultrasound, around $350 for comprehensive SA.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Clinic staff [at MCRM Chesterfield] could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.... She's [a nurse] very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Clinic staff could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.
Doctor and staff are very caring & compassionate.
She's very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable & trustworthy. He was always positive & confident we would be successful. He is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients & helping them achieve their dream of having children.
Write down a list of questions you would like answered.
One stim cycle using Follistum, Ganirelex, menupur, hcg & dual trigger. PGS testing. Egg donor cycle 9 embryos tested & 6 came back normal. Transferred August 2016 but miscarriage in October 2016. Second transfer on 1-30-17 of 2 embryos. Currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with singleton.
25k
He recommends transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time but will transfer two of client prefers.

2014 - 2017
[Nurse at MCRM is] Very nice and compassionate. Sometimes it seems like you get rushed responses to email and they don't always address all your concerns...2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package...Having low ovarian reserve, we are in the middle of embryo banking where we will go through 4 cycles of retrievals and one transfer. We are using nanobead sperm selection and genetic testing on the embryos before any potential transfer.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We leave 2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package.
She lets you decide the path you want to take and listens to your concerns. She explains your situation and what she expects the outcome to be the best she can and doesn't push you in a certain direction.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important.
If you don't want to make the decision for yourself on your treatment, then you may want a doctor that doesn't care about your thoughts as she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything.
We haven't covered that in detail yet but she would do no more than 2

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
All strengths [for MCRM-Chesterfield]!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!... Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!... I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He [Dr Peter Ahlering] gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All strengths!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!
He's amazing. Finally...I feel like we have a chance, because he's the best of the best!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: VanWinkle)
Caring, patient, gentle, understanding.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
So compassionate! Not in it for the money...he will do ANYTHING to help you have the baby you so desperately want. He's truly amazing! Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!
Just let him direct you and trust! He knows exactly how to handle every situation.
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
What I paid was almost 40% less than what the clinic usually charges, as he was willing to cut all corners to help us!!! He's truly amazing.
Chesterfield

Wonderful team, great facility. They [MCRM] try to make the experience as easy, convenient and comfortable as possible....[Nurse] So sweet and truly caring. She went out of her way to take care of me when risk of OHSS was high. A great listener...Some minor paperwork was lost. Send to be miscommunication between accounting and coordinator/ doctor regarding what procedures are necessary...Sincere, geniuine interactions with the entire staff, from the accountant all the way to Dr.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Wonderful team, great facility. They try to make the experience as easy, convenient and comfortable as possible. I would look into their success numbers more- a higher pregnancy rate is based almost only in transferring viable embryos (PGS testing). Not everyone will get a viable embryo to transfer.
Sincere, geniuine interactions with the entire staff, from the accountant all the way to Dr. a
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen A)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Confident in his abilities and on the cutting edge of the newest technology. He loves what he does. Makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to talk to you, never rushes. Sometimes jumps around when you talk to him- battling ideas/working problems but it can lead to confusion.
Understand the packages! You may pay for a transfer you can never use.
Recommended tese for MFI but numbers went up so we didn't use it. Resulted in no normal embryos. Wish we had stuck with original protocol.

IUI, 2 IVF
My wife loves our coordinator [at MCRM-Chesterfield] which makes the entire process a heck of a lot easier. I am not a fan of needles, so I struggled with blood draws. Lindsay helped me feel at ease and I am happy to report I stopped passing out. She makes my wife feel comfortable every single time she is there.... I believe we paid about 30,000 for meds, two retrievals and one transfer.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The only thing I think you should be aware of is the long wait (this isn't always true, but it does happen).
Dr. A is easy to talk to and it's obvious he genuinely cares about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay VanWinkle)
My wife loves our coordinator which makes the entire process a heck of a lot easier. I am not a fan of needles, so I struggled with blood draws. Lindsay helped me feel at ease and I am happy to report I stopped passing out. She makes my wife feel comfortable every single time she is there.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great. My wife was comfortable and so was I. I went there for my semen analysis before we met with him, and I knew I'd like the organization because of the staff. Dr. A runs a happy facility. He is willing to spend as much time with you as needed, which is great (except when he's running behind because of it).
Expect that some of your appointments will be behind schedule. He is thorough and likes to spend as much time with each individual patient as needed, so it's not uncommon to have an appointment be behind schedule. Sometimes my wife would wait for up to 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I believe we paid about 30,000 for meds, two retrievals and one transfer.
Chesterfield
Our diagnostic testing [at MCRM] for both my husband and myself was around $500...The majority of our contact was setting up the appointment and lab draws. Since our miscarriage we have heard from Jennifer Bader asking how we are and that they are thinking of us. I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of compassion...We have only had diagnostic labs/testing.
Dr Ahlering spoke with us several times at length on the phone. Gave us our options and even referred us to a closer clinic should we choose to try IUI first to save us on travel.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We have just had diagnostic labs/ testing. So far we are very pleased with Dr Ahlering. We were impressed he would refer us somewhere else for an IUI as we felt he was thinking of our best interest. We ended up naturally pregnant immediately after seeing him, however we lost the pregnancy and are deciding how to proceed.
We have only had diagnostic labs/testing. He suggested an IUI as the next step. He suggested intercourse every day at the peak of my cycle. We did get pregnant, but lost the baby. We will follow up with him after my cycle returns.
Our diagnostic testing for both my husband and myself was around $500

IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
[The nurse at MCRM is] Incredibly understanding and patient, deeply passionate about helping her patients. She made every visit less scary and made every question easy to ask. My coordinator was invaluable!... There are specific cycle weeks, so be prepared to be on birth control to get your cycle ready with theirs. The staff is friendly. Dr. A is thorough, so it's not uncommon to be behind schedule/late to appointments, but it's because he's always (always) wanting to be sure you fully understand everything. Amazing place!
IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with MCRM.
He is kind, funny and compassionate. He always makes time to meet with you personally and answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My only complaint about Dr A is that he can sometimes get distracted or sidetracked, so it's best to write down your questions before meeting with him. Other than that, I literally can't think of anyone else I'd change about MCRM and Dr A.
As I previously said, make sure you keep a list of questions handy so you can be sure to stay focused while meeting. He likes to talk!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Reasonably priced, all things considered. He is not the most expensive in St. Louis and tries to keep cost low.

2017 - 2019
I've been pleased with the response time, courtesy, information provided and efficiency of the staff [MCRM. I'm not sure if it's a weakness however the wait time for my appointment was rather long but it was worth it to me.,,,I'm currently taking HRT prescriptions in preparation for my first cycle to increase my uterine lining....I appreciate that everyone I encountered knew the specifics of my situation and were candid, honest and realistic with the information they provided.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I've been pleased with the response time, courtesy, information provided and efficiency of the staff. I'm not sure if it's a weakness however the wait time for my appointment was rather long but it was worth it to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherman Silber at MCRM?
NA at this time.
How was your experience with Sherman Silber at MCRM?
My situation is tricky and Dr. Silber was straight forward, specific and very upfront with what he could provide and offer in my case. With that he also provided hope and a willingness to take on my challenge which other doctors declined so I'm very appreciative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherman Silber at MCRM?
Be open to his no nonsense approach, listen to his suggestions and trust your gut. I found him refreshingly specific yet caring and optimistic and his approach clicked with me.
Describe the protocols Sherman Silber used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherman Silber at MCRM.
Still in process, roughly will be 10K
Sherman Silber
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
My nurse [at MCRM] was incredibly helpful and made me feel like she was on my journey with me...Jen A was an absolute angel in the IVF process. She was available, answered any questions and made me feel positive and hopeful...I did a two banking cycle retrievals, a fertilization and FET with ICSI and embryoscope for $14,000...They have a great team and know that each person has a role, so they may transfer you around. But, it’s clear that people there love what they do because they are kind and compassionate. They were helpful for whatever I needed.
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with MCRM.
My nurse was incredibly helpful and made me feel like she was on my journey with me. Dr. A was kind and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is so knowledgeable and really knows his research, which I appreciated because you need innovative and an outside the box thinker sometimes. He explained procedures in detail and gave thorough explanations and always directed me to the right people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was monitored at an out of town clinic.
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] has recently expanded and is state of the art. The entire staff was very friendly and readily available to help in any way needed. Everyone is extremely caring and empathetic. They take the time to get to know you even though they see so many patients...The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and always willing to answer any questions that I had. Very friendly and supportive
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has recently expanded and is state of the art. The entire staff was very friendly and readily available to help in any way needed. Everyone is extremely caring and empathetic. They take the time to get to know you even though they see so many patients
He met with us and went over my medical history. He listened and was very caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey and Rachel )
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable and caring. He always took time to explain every step of our treatment plan to us. Dr Ahlering was extremely supportive and understanding and did all that he could to help us through the rough times
If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he's probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff.
Chesterfield

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lindsay [a nurse at MCRM]. She was so helpful and answered all of my millions of questions. She made everything clear and was so helpful. She always got back to me very quickly and kept me informed. I felt like we had a friend/cheerleader throughout the process.... We paid out of pocket and the IVF cost around $10,000 plus $3,000-$4,000 in medication.
European, Other
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The place is very nice and clean.
Dr. Ahlering explained every step of the process. He was very thorough and compassionate.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lindsay. She was so helpful and answered all of my millions of questions. She made everything clear and was so helpful. She always got back to me very quickly and kept me informed. I felt like we had a friend/cheerleader throughout the process.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering was a wonderful doctor! We felt confident with him and even when things didn't go as planned the first round, he met with us and talked about the reasons why and a plan for the next round.
Make a list of all of your questions before you meet with him.
We did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirellix.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He recommends testing one embryo if it is PGS tested, but will definitely let you do two if you want.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My ivf nurse/coordinator [at MCRM] is always available when I need her and answers any question whatso ever that i may have for her...This clinic is awesome. Has the latest technology. Great staff who go above and beyond for you. They will work very hard for u to make things happen to get u the results u want...we came up with this treatment plan due to my husband's male factor issues and my tubal blockage.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
She has answered every question that I asked in a detailed answer that I could understand. She also worked with my obgyn doc to discuss previous history and tests results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer farley)
My ivf nurse/coordinator is always available when I need her and answers any question whatso ever that i may have for her.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr aubuchon is very thorough and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that I can understand. She truly wants her patients to be a success. She has worked with my obgyn to make sure everything is addressed and taken care of
That they will love her
I am going thru ivf in June so I don't have much to offer yet. But we came up with this treatment plan due to my husband's male factor issues and my tubal blockage.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Christina [a nurse at MCRM-Chesterfield] is great with organizing and arranging my treatments and getting back to me with questions.... Short waiting time and great with answering billing questions. Waiting room is comfortable and the receptionists are kind... So far my husband has had an in depth semin analysis, I had blood work and ultrasounds: we decided to do ovidril with the letrozole and after one month with that we have done IUI once
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is great with organizing and arranging my treatments and getting back to me with questions
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Very educated and thorough explaining medical procedures and options. We spent an hour with him the first visit. Although we have been unable to see him since starting treatment, we have had questions answered through our corrdinator which work out just fine.
Don't stress about everything before you get all your options heard and understood
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I don't remember the consultation fee but the ultrasounds are $200 and IUI is $300 I believe
Chesterfield
I had a baseline ultrasound, a mid cycle ultrasound and then the IUI [at MCRM]. I was on Letrozole, Gonal and Ovidrel...They seem to run on time alot which is very nice...Each ultrasound is $200 and the IUI is $500. Medicine is around $100...She [nurse] is great!... The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They seem to run on time alot which is very nice.
Always made sure I understood what was going on and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
She is great!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Him and his staff are great to work with. They always answer all my questions I may. The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
I had a baseline ultrasound, a mid cycle ultrasound and then the IUI. I was on Letrozole, Gonal and Ovidrel.
Each ultrasound is $200 and the IUI is $500. Medicine is around $100
Chesterfield
This clinic [MCRM] has many stengths. First their ability to make you feel like a human in a very scientific experience and they make you feel like a priority.... She [a nurse] is always available for questions and willing to find the answers... Dr. Aherling is very kind and understanding. He is very open to hearing how you would like treatment to proceed as well as having a recommendation. My experience as a patient has been easy. I am always able to get my questions answered in a timely way and feel as if I have access to ask those questions to him and his very knowledgeable staff.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic has many stengths. First their ability to make you feel like a human in a very scientific experience and they make you feel like a priority.
He is very knowledgeable about my circumstances. When he walk in the room, he knows exactly where I am at in my cycle, and what we need to discuss
She is always available for questions and willing to find the answers
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Trust him. He is an expert in his field and I know that he would never steer anyone wrong. Also, ask questions! Treatments can be overwhelming and stressful so if you have a concern or a question, speak up!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Prices were comparable with other clinics
Chesterfield
MCRM is the best. They go above and beyond!... Peggy and the rest of the staff were all warm and caring. They all go above and beyond... i don't remember the drugs and dosages we used. We did use Gonal-f. We retrieved 4 eggs (I only have one ovary), 3 fertilized normally and all 3 were transferred on day 3. We were pregnant with twins but one stopped growing at 8 weeks
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM is the best. They go above and beyond!
Dr Ahlering was always available to answer any questions I had. He was always kind and provided words of encouragement. He took time to explain the process to us and helped us come up with our next plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Peggy Reed)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable. He uses all the newest technology and is willing to go the extra mile to help you get a positive outcome. I was very impressed with him and wished I had found him first!!!
Trust him! He definitely knows what he is doing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid for our cycle, the embryoscope, embryo glue and nano beads also meds
Chesterfield

During diagnosis, I felt like my feelings and fears were not validated, but rather were brushed aside in order to keep going through process.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She was very knowledgeable, but seemed like she was not interested in discussing any other options with me. When I questioned something, or tried to explain my concerns, I felt like my concerns were not understood or validated.
Be prepared to not have a lot of say in your plan.
I was going through the diagnostic phase for PCOS. I came to the clinic with a very clear idea that this was my problem, but wanted confirmation. I met for an initial consultation, and then scheduled for ultrasounds. I was then told that were would immediately be starting cycles for IUI, although I was initially wanting to try a less invasive, as this was our first time.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

They [MCRM] are very caring and very organized in there approach to things I never once felt I was just a run of the mill patients like I did at another fertility clinic. I love how they email me still to check on me and see how my journey is going.... He [Dr. Ahlering] was very open and gave us a cut and dry answer on things. I loved how he was so compassionate and it was like knew what we were going trough. He gave us things to look over and was very upfront with everything
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are very caring and very organized in there approach to things I never once felt I was just a run of the mill patients like I did at another fertility clinic. I love how they email me still to check on me and see how my journey is going.
He was so easy to talk with and come up with a good game plan.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very open and gave us a cut and dry answer on things. I loved how he was so compassionate and it was like knew what we were going trough. He gave us things to look over and was very upfront with everything
Listen to him hes a wonderful doctor and knows what he's talking about.

Endometriosis, PCOS
It's [MCRM] in a good location. Clean. Smells good. It's welcoming...She [nurse] was also very kind and calmed my fears as I cried on the phone...She [Dr. Aubuchon] assured us that they were going to do everything in their power to help us grow our family. We are in the IVF process and are hopeful for a positive outcome. The staff have been great at communicating with us and that helps to calm the nerves.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's in a good location. Clean. Smells good. It's welcoming.
She was very kind and took the time to explain the process to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
She was also very kind and calmed my fears as I cried on the phone.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She assured us that they were going to do everything in their power to help us grow our family. We are in the IVF process and are hopeful for a positive outcome. The staff have been great at communicating with us and that helps to calm the nerves.
Ask questions until you truly understand what's going on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Insurance covered the diagnostic testing. We will pay out of pocket going forward.
Endometriosis, PCOS
They [MCRM-Chesterfield] weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great and I would recommend him on a personal level but can’t provide insight past a couple of visits. I didn’t move forward with ivf due to finances but I felt comfortable with him, and his knowledge. He was compassionate and thorough at every visit.
Ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Unexpected costs of $3000 for labs not covered by insurance.
Chesterfield
Shawnie [a nurse at MCRM] sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.... A couple times that I needed bloodwork, Shawnie did not call in orders to Quest. I would get to Quest and have to get ahold of her while there, for tests to be ordered.... Dr. Ahlering was amazing. Simply could not have asked for a better dr. He responded to my inquiry quickly and answered any and all questions I had. He was very compassionate and explained to us exactly what was going to happen.... ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead
Shawnie sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don't give up. He performs miracles.
ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead