Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?

2 doctors
We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. ... I feel he is very knowledgeable, and does spend a lot of time with his patients. He is a very kind Dr., and will pretty much do what you ask of him. And, if he doesn't know an answer, he will do his best to find out for you. ... For my egg retrieval he gave me gonal-f, menopur. And my trigger shot was ovidrel.
Our previous coordinator made a huge mistake with us. She didn't read our chart thoroughly and we had to cancel a transfer because of her. ... The clinic [MCRM] has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. ...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very smart man, and his statistics speak for themselves.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
At times I really feel like there is a break down of communication with their office and my husband and I. I feel like we have very poor follow up from their clinic. We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. He has been under his care for 3 months. After his 1 month follow-up with the urologist, MCRM contacted us because they said he will need labs after he had just had them drawn and a SA. We hadn't heard from MCRM for at least 2 months, no check ins or anything. And it was like they were demanding that my husband have these tests done. So. I called the urologists office and they said, no it takes 3 months for Clomid to start working and he didn't need to have labs since he had just had them drawn. And when I called MCRM to let them know we'd just follow up with the urologist, they were a little irritated. But, we didn't feel it was necessary. We barely have any communication with them right now. No check ins or anything.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Mitan)
I have only communicated with her through email, but she is always prompt in responding back, and answers all my questions. She is always nice.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. I am so glad I now have coverage for infertility. Last year around this time my previous coordinator made a huge mistake. We had planned to do our transfer in December and the coordinator didn't realize that we had frozen eggs not embryos. Even though she had my chart (I think) and the office wasn't prepared to do our transfer. We didn't know my husband needed to see a urologist to do a work up for his azospermia. Super frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Had to pay out of pocket for some things that I didn't feel that we should have. I feel they are comparable to other clinics.

2019 - 2020
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
[Dr. Aubuchon] is very warm hearted and I feel like she truly cares and wants to help my husband and I conceive our baby. My last visit she was explaining the next steps and she looked at me and said, "I can see you're truly hurting and I want to help in any way I can." And that really made an impression on me. I was just sitting there listening, not really showing any emotion, just listening to what she was explaining and it was like she could see right through me almost. Reading my thoughts. She's a great Doctor and I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know struggling with infertility!
In my time of going to MCRM, I have not had one complaint with them.. They are great to work with and are always willing to help. They give suggestions and allow me to choose and they work with my husband and I nicely since we live so far away...They have all tried to work with my husband and I with the best treatment for our financial situation. And they are always getting back with me, answering all my questions through the patient portal...During my initial consultation, since we live 2 hours away from the clinic they were willing to do everything possible during our consultation. So that included the consult, bloodwork, ultrasound and semen analysis. I had previously had a lot of bloodwork, testing, ultrasounds, along with a procedure to see if my tubes were blocked, all done through my Gyno in another state, so it made my consultation with MCRM quicker.
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchan is very warm hearted and I feel like she truly cares and wants to help my husband and I conceive our baby. My last visit she was explaining the next steps and she looked at me and said, "I can see you're truly hurting and I want to help in any way I can." And that really made an impression on me. I was just sitting there listening, not really showing any emotion, just listening to what she was explaining and it was like she could see right through me almost. Reading my thoughts. She's a great Doctor and I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know struggling with infertility!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She puts herself in your shoes and truly cares about your specific situation. And she explains everything in great detail. My advice would be to be completely open about everything and always be willing to ask as many questions as you want because they are there to help you. And that's exactly what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
From day one of starting at MCRM everyone has been very kind, helpful and understanding. They have all tried to work with my husband and I with the best treatment for our financial situation. And they are always getting back with me, answering all my questions through the patient portal. I highly recommend MCRM!
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
During my initial consultation, since we live 2 hours away from the clinic they were willing to do everything possible during our consultation. So that included the consult, bloodwork, ultrasound and semen analysis. I had previously had a lot of bloodwork, testing, ultrasounds, along with a procedure to see if my tubes were blocked, all done through my Gyno in another state, so it made my consultation with MCRM quicker. All the results came back "normal" and they wanted to start me on 50 MG of Clomid for three cycles. They diagnosed my husband and I with unexplained infertility. Clomid did not work, I gained water weight from Clomid. Due to financial reasons, we took a long break in treatment. Trying to decide what to do and hopefully conceive naturally while we were taking a break and trying to stress less. However, stressing less is nearly impossible when trying to conceive! I would have normal cycles then randomly go a month or two without one. So one particular month, I was on cycle day 83 and I reached out to Dr Aubuchan. Told her what was going on and she wanted me to come back since it had been a while since our last visit. She done another ultrasound and everything seemed to look okay. She prescribed me 500mg of Metformin. However, I have not continued taking it after I took a couple pills. Reading some things about it, it scared me and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it. I am now tracking my ovulation more closely, eating healthier, drinking more water, staying active and destressing my life as much as possible. I have also just began taking CoQ10 gummies which help with egg quality. I'm doing everything I can to make my body stronger so conceiving will be easier.
They are quick to respond to any questions I may have through the portal. And are always willing to give more information or details about a specific procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The first initial consultation I had insurance so some was covered. However, my husband needed to have a sperm analysis with something else "extra" I can't quite remember exactly what it was called, and it was $325. Which that was an unexpected cost but it needed to be done so we really didn't mind. When I came back for a follow up ultrasound, since it had been so long since my last visit,i didn't owe them anything. The visit was completely free. Medication was fairly cheap. Clomid after insurance was around $45 per cycle. Metformin after insurance was $5!

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Ahlering] told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI.
The staff at the front desk [of MCRM] is frequently rude...They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports...their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My first impression of Dr. Ahlering was that he seemed like a car salesman. Out of desperation for a baby, we decided to give him a chance and start treatment immediately rather than wait for another consultation with a different doctor. I fully regret this decision. We met with Dr. Ahlering once and had 3 phone conversations with him. He and the office are (for lack of a better word) exceptionally shady. I feel like he is just out to make money and does not truly care about his patient’s success. I also feel like there has been retaliation against us for leaving their practice and seeing a different specialist.
Do not go to MCRM Fertility for any reason. Do not see Dr. Ahlering. I 100% regret my decision to receive treatment from this physician.
Dr. Ahlering and his staff gave us conflicting information regarding his recommendations for our care. He told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI. We were instructed to set up a phone call with Dr. Ahlering to discuss the conflicting information. He called over 1.5 hours after the scheduled time and stated that we were “all speaking the same language” and that an IUI would not benefit us. Clearly, he and his PA were not speaking the same language. He refuses to forward any of his consultation or progress notes to my new doctor and his staff states that all records of treatment plans, prescribed medications and dosages are proprietary information specific to their facility (rather than the individualized care they claim to provide) and they also won’t release those records. The only records they are willing to release are lab results and ultrasound reports. This leads me to question if there even is any documentation regarding my care. They do not seem to see myself or my husband as human beings trying to grow our family, but rather as an enemy for daring to question them.
We did one timed intercourse cycle with 7.5 mg letrozole for 5 days. Midcycle scan showed follicles not large enough to trigger. Started letrozole 7.5 mg again for 5 days. Second midcycle scan showed mature follicles. Triggered with Ovidrel and then proceeded with TI. Second cycle we did 5 days of 10 mg letrozole and added 3 injections of 50 units Gonal-F. Midcycle scan showed follicles were not mature. We were instructed to use 75 units of Gonal-F for 2 days and then the remainder of what was in the pen the 3rd day (about 50 units). Second midcycle scan showed several mature follicles. Risks of multiples were discussed and we triggered with Ovidrel that evening and proceeded with TI. For our third cycle we used 10 mg letrozole for 7 days, one day of 150 units Gonal-F, followed by 75 units Gonal-F the next 2 days. Midcycle scan showed mature follicles and we triggered with Ovidrel and proceeded with TI. We were unsuccessful each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker)
Christina seems to care about her patients. She seems like a good person. I don’t have anything bad to say about her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at the front desk is frequently rude, not only to myself, but also other patients. They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports. Michelle Brinkmeyer, who is their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I had no insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was $250. Medications costs were around $370 each cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Ahlering] prefers to transfer one but said he would be fine with me transferring two...I didn’t feel like the original consultation was based on my issues but general issues... is extremely intelligent. He knows what he’s doing and you can see that he’s passionate about helping people have a baby. When I went in for my first appointment he followed back up with me rather than getting a nurse to reach out. I appreciated that...I had a very basic IVF protocol. It unfortunately ended in no normal embryos. They started with BC. Then did STIMS for 9 days and had my egg retrieval.
I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept [at MCRM] and it made me feel like they just wanted my money...I had a very basic IVF protocol. It unfortunately ended in no normal embryos. They started with BC. Then did STIMS for 9 days and had my egg retrieval...I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay [nurse]. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely intelligent. He knows what he’s doing and you can see that he’s passionate about helping people have a baby. When I went in for my first appointment he followed back up with me rather than getting a nurse to reach out. I appreciated that.
That it’s ok to ask questions. You are spending a lot of money. Do not allow your appointment to be rushed. Get all the information you need before you leave.
I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept and it made me feel like they just wanted my money. I didn’t feel like the original consultation was based on my issues but general issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is beautiful. The staff is friendly besides Mel in finance. I almost didn’t move forward with the clinic because of her. Then she was rude the day before my retrieval when I called to ask a question about my down payment. She was great the original meeting. Once I put my down payment she no longer had to be nice. I have great things to say about everyone besides Mel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I luckily have insurance. My insurance didn’t cover the genetic testing-2,500 The deposit-2,000 (not sure why you need a deposit)..The medication 3,400. We also paid out of pocket an additional 1,500 for other services like nano beads and sperm selection.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
He prefers to transfer one but said he would be fine with me transferring two.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Peter Ahlering] is very knowledgeable and wants to do the best option for his patients instead of just out for the money and not caring...He makes us feel comfortable...After we did 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we get an HSG test done to see if my tubes were blocked. so I went to my OBGYN and had an HSG test done and according to that they were not blocked so we continued with two more rounds of IUI after the next 2 more unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we do an exploratory laproscopy to see about any underlining cause as to why the IUI's had not worked.
whole staff [at MCRM] from dealing with my husbands male factor to doing our IUI cycles have been amazing!...She [nurse] will email us periodically checking in on us and asking how we are, she is always a phone call or email away and answers quickly if we ever need anything. Ceara our PA that actually done our IUI transfers she is very sweet and caring as well. She explains the results of my husbands wash and how much sperm count he had left after the wash and takes her time and explains what she is about to do when she is doing the IUI and asks if I am alright while she is doing it.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Our experience with Dr. Ahlering has been great. He is very knowledgeable and explains our situation and what he thinks is the best treatment from our diagnosis. He does say things sometimes that is over our heads but we ask him to explain it in our form lol, he does not get mad or hesitate to explain things in our way of understanding. He takes his time with you and wants to make sure we understand fully and will answer any questions or concerns we have. He makes us feel comfortable.
If they are looking for a good infertility doctor he is the one to go too. He is good and knows what he is doing. don't hesitate to ask questions or talk about concerns. He makes you feel comfortable.
When we had out first initial consolation appointment with Dr. Ahlering he took us into his office, he listened and went over all of our first steps ad options for going forward. He took his time, did not rush us out of there and really treats his patients like humans and cares for them. He is very knowledgeable and wants to do the best option for his patients instead of just out for the money and not caring. His whole staff from dealing with my husbands male factor to doing our IUI cycles have been amazing! We are truly grateful for MCRM! :) Praying to be able to do an IVF cycle with him soon and it being successful.
With my PCOS the fertility medicine I took leading up to my 4 IUI cycles were: -Letrozole pills - Gonal F shots -Ovidrel shot On the day of IUI we went to the clinic and they did a Sperm wash on my husbands semen because he has a morphology issue then two hours later we did the IUI. After the IUI I would lay on the table for 15-20 minutes then a few days later I would have to put prometrium inside my vagina for 2 weeks until I went and did my blood work to see if I was pregnant. After we did 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we get an HSG test done to see if my tubes were blocked. so I went to my OBGYN and had an HSG test done and according to that they were not blocked so we continued with two more rounds of IUI after the next 2 more unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we do an exploratory laproscopy to see about any underlining cause as to why the IUI's had not worked. So my OBGYN did the laparoscopy and we discovered that I had some past PID damage and that my tubes were not fully blocked but he only way anything could get thru them was to be forced that is why we got a false reading from the HSG test with the dye being forced thru them. We gave Dr. Ahlering all the results and met with him and talked about our next step, we are now to the point of an IVF cycle which we have not been able to afford, IUI will no longer work for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker )
Out primary nurse Christina is very sweet and caring she has talked to us about her infertility situation and has compassion for her patients. She is always on top of everything when we have done our IUI cycles and gets us the right medicine and has it sent to our pharmacy so its ready when we get there. She will email us periodically checking in on us and asking how we are, she is always a phone call or email away and answers quickly if we ever need anything. Ceara our PA that actually done our IUI transfers she is very sweet and caring as well. She explains the results of my husbands wash and how much sperm count he had left after the wash and takes her time and explains what she is about to do when she is doing the IUI and asks if I am alright while she is doing it.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is very clean and bright and the staff is friendly and caring. They are all there to help you get your dream family and make you feel comfortable. Our first IUI we were a little confused on where my husband did the sperm wash and which desk to see to get checked in for my part of the IUI but they were very nice and directed us where to go for my husband and where to get checked in for my part.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
For everything including ultrasounds, sperm wash, IUI, and medicine was around 2000 each cycle.

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Before deciding any medication protocols, Dr. Aubuchon wanted to start with testing and making sure that she had as much information as possible. She didn't want to just follow previous protocols from our previous clinic, she wanted new and updated information so that she could develop an individualized treatment and medication protocol.... She doesn't sugarcoat things and will give you an honest answer on test results, procedures, and what it all means towards your chances of having a baby.
Since they [MCRM] are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.... Shawnie has been easy to communicate with, through the portal or phone. She has been there to support and comfort when I've needed. She's called when she said she would and has always answered my questions.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I am so excited to have Dr. Aubuchon as my doctor! In the short amount of time that we have been there, she has provided us with more answers than we got at our previous clinic after 8 years. She wants to find the answers. Our goal is her goal. She is a very compassionate person. After one procedure, I felt dizzy and hot. She put cool compresses on me (didn't get a nurse to do it!) and didn't leave the room until she was sure that I was feeling better.
Every time that I have needed to talk to her or have an appointment, I have been able to. She answers my questions, explains things in details, even took notes for me! She was genuinely upset with our loss and asked us multiple times how we were doing. Every visit, she takes time to talk to us about non-medical/fertility related topics and is interested in us as people.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Since they are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
She prefers to transfer one embryo at a time with the reasoning of creating the perfect environment for that one embryo and giving it the best chance without it having to compete for resources.
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.... Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards.
This place [MCRM] is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.... Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon has been nothing short of amazing..she sees SO MANY PEOPLE, daily, weekly, monthly, and every single time, she remembers who we are, my wife’s name, if she doesn’t get to come with me, what we discussed with the last visit, etc. I have had reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, and she goes as far as to even down to remembering the size of it from my last visit.
Ask all the questions. She is there to help you with anything and everything. And she is ready with the answers. Don’t think any question you have, is a stupid question.
From the first time my wife and i stepped into the clinic, we were greeted like, we were any other couple that happened to be struggling with infertility. Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.
Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards. There was one other medicine, that i don’t recall the name of, but it was to help my follicles grow. The first time that we tried (times intercourse with private donor) the medicine that i was given to grow my follicles grew 8 giant follicles. Both my coordinator and Dr Aubuchon were kinda freaked, and didn’t want us to move forward with our timed intercourse plan, and dr Aubuchon said that she would normally suggest IVF for situations such as this..being that, IVF was out of our price range, and she knew it, she didn’t push the factor, and let us make our own decisions.
Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do. It was a breath of fresh air
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This place is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The cost was decent enough..nothing to do with infertility is cheap, but the ladies make sure they understand your budget, and they don’t push you to get the more expensive medication, or go straight into IVF if you can’t afford it. They really work with you

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable and caring. You could tell he was extremely sincere. He was right about everything he predicted. We were concerned we needed a sperm donor and he assured us that wasn’t necessary and he was correct. ... He recommended egg banking due to my husband’s severe DNA fragmentation and my low reserve so we would have several chances at making healthy embryos.
They [MCRM] organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well ... Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! ... Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable and caring. You could tell he was extremely sincere. He was right about everything he predicted. We were concerned we needed a sperm donor and he assured us that wasn’t necessary and he was correct. This is truly his passion! We drove 6 hours every time to meet with him because he was so much better than our local clinic.
Voice your concerns to him. He’s patient and understanding and will be very straight forward with you.
I felt like a human because Dr. Ahlering was ALWAYS so patient and so kind. He went into so much detail explaining everything to me. I never felt rushed. I would schedule a call with him when we felt concerned and he always had the ability to calm us down.
He recommended egg banking due to my husband’s severe DNA fragmentation and my low reserve so we would have several chances at making healthy embryos. Meds: Omnitrope, Gonal F, Lupron+Pregnyl dual trigger, Menopur, Cetrotide, Estrace, PIO, Endometrin, Vivelle patches We also did two months of Lupron therapy prior to first transfer. 2nd transfer we did a modified Lupron therapy for about a month before and they changed my progesterone protocol to taking the inserts every day instead of every other. PIO until week 9
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson and Courtney Mitan )
Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! She was super organized and would call me often to touch base. Love her. I actually miss her. Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate. She constantly checked in on me to check how I was doing and always answered all 1,000 of my questions. She became a friend to me!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Jen Bader is the patient coordinator and she does a great job and connecting patients with other patients and making everyone feel like a family. They organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
2 Cycle Oocyte/Embryo Banking $14,450.00 DNA fragmentation $300.00 Positive sperm selection $200.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Sperm sample $200.00 Sperm freeze $250.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Receptiva $690.00 PGS $1,950.00 PGS Shipping charge $100.00 FET #2 $3,800.00 Embryo storage fee $500
For our first transfer Dr. A recommended only one embryo and we understood his reasons why. For our 2nd transfer we were transparent and said we couldn’t afford two more transfers and meds and also couldn’t handle the stress of two more transfers. He was supportive and was on board with transferring 2 PGS normals.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Aubuchon was our second doctor that we saw at MCRM and wish we would have gone to her first....She laid everything out for us and had said that the chances for us with IUI were only about 8%, if we would have known that from the beginning we would have gone straight to IVF instead of ultimately wasting $10,000.... She wrote down everything for us and even made a chart as to what she thought would be our best option in treatment.
It [MCRM] is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling....Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Like I had explained before, we saw her after doing our 4 failed IUI treatments with Dr Ahlering. Dr Aubuchon did all of my actual IUI procedures though and she was always very kind and would explain everything as she was doing it. We had gone to her for a consultation to move onto IVF because she had been so great. She sat there for as long as we needed to literally go over every aspect of what she thought we should do moving forward. She wrote down anything that we would need to look back on and was never judgmental or made us feel rushed. She is a very thoughtful person and we really appreciated her time. I would recommend her to absolutely anyone that is going through fertility treatments.
She can be very technical and will go over every aspect of the procedures. I, personally, loved that about her. I did not feel like I had to many questions since she really had covered everything and had handouts and pictures.
Dr Aubuchon was our second doctor that we saw at MCRM and wish we would have gone to her first. Dr Alhering was the first doctor we saw and he did not explain that the chances of IUI success for us would be very low, so after the 4th failed IUI we decided to see Dr Aubuchon because my boss had gone to her. She laid everything out for us and had said that the chances for us with IUI were only about 8%, if we would have known that from the beginning we would have gone straight to IVF instead of ultimately wasting $10,000. Dr Ahlering would start talking about male factors which does not apply to our situation because we are both women. I did not feel like he cared about our direct situation. Dr Aubuchon really cared and took the time to talk about everything and really made us feel comfortable. She wrote down everything for us and even made a chart as to what she thought would be our best option in treatment. Unfortunately, since we had already spent so much money, we now have to wait until we have paid off those bills before even moving on.
Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal. She sent me a beautiful letter after our 4th failed IUI, it made me cry that she cared so much about us. It has been a little over a year since we have been in there and she called me to see how we were doing, to let us know that she was thinking about us and that she is rooting for us. She showed us so much compassion that made us feel like we were people, not just patients. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
With her we really only had the consult fee, everything else was under Dr Ahlering. Ultrasound, blood work, IUI, medications, etc.
+ Read more- Read less

With each IUI cycle it was the same ... Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. ... He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
There was issues it seemed like when my donor would go in to drop off paperwork or fill out paperwork. ... MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering truly cares for his patients and does whatever in his power to ensure the outcome they want. Even though we were not successful with obtaining pregnancy. Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. Not only did he make myself feel comfortable with him but he made my husband feel as comfortable as well. He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
Ask questions, no questions is stupid or dumb.
I truly felt like everyone cared for your care and your outcome and make you feel like a person and not a number. Everyone was always so friendly and made sure you were taken care of and if you needed anything
With each IUI cycle it was the same...Letrozole, Follistum, insemination, progesterone, then hcg blood draws 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie was always helpful, caring and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable about process and procedures and all FDA regulations. She was patient with us when it was taking a very long time for our donor to get his things done, never did she rush us to get things done or pressure us in any way. It seemed like when we were at our lowest she knew how to make things a bit better.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place. They have great resources including a Facebook group for patients to communicate with each other.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We had no benefits for health insurance and had to pay for everything out of pocket. Some things they would bill the insurance company and then bill us later. All 3 IUI's were paid for out of pocket.
+ Read more- Read less

I was surprised when I met Dr. Ahlering for the first time. He is the most compassionate, kind and down to earth doctor I've ever had. He listened to mine and my husband's concerns and questions and answered everything clearly until we fully understood.... Be ready to talk and listen to Dr. Ahlering. Your appointment won't be a quick appointment like every other doctor appointment.
Christina [a nurse at MCRM- Chesterfield] is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready... I love this clinic. Expect to be greeted by happy, kind and smiling staff. It's very clean and a positive environment. I almost never had to wait in the waiting room before my appointment which was always nice. I honestly don't have a single weakness to list.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Every time I met with my doctor or nurses they always remembered me by name. I wasn't just another case to them. Even though we didn't have success and are on a break from treatment right now, I still get personalized emails from my nurse asking how my husband and I are doing. It brings a smile to my face every time knowing how much they still care and they are still here for us.
Christina is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I was able to apply for 50% off medication but nothing else was covered under my insurance. Each IUI procedure was $500. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were additional costs. I think all together for 4 IUI cylces, it was close to $5,000. We were also able to do a payment plan.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics... He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
We live over 2000 miles from this clinic [MCRM], but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.... The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics (Tulsa, OK and Springfield, MO). He is very much a talker during this consults and does really well answering all questions and explaining anything you need. He doesnt act at all like he is rushed or needs to get on to the next patient. He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Be prepared to really talk to him, he strives to answer all your questions and make sure you understand the treatment plan, so sometimes consults can be lengthy.
Dr. Ahlering (and his staff) treated me and our treatment plan as if it was their own, as if this was something they were going through with my husband and I. Any questions we had they did their absolute best to answer question, our Nurse coordinator cried with me when she called to deliver the positive pregnancy test news, and even during a subsequent phone consult (we live 2000 miles from the clinic) with Dr. Ahlering about further cycles he remembered the name of our son and that we had a female embryo transfered at the same time that did not survive. We live over 2000 miles from this clinic, but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.
We chose to do 2 cycles and bank the eggs before fertilizing them and doing a transfer. Both cycles were agonist cycles with the use of follistem and gonal-F and a lupron trigger. I was also on estrogen patches and then testosterone patches for the 2nd cycle. The first cycle produced 10 eggs and the second produced 12 (I have reduced ovarian reserve). We then used ICSI and PGS testing. We ended with 4 embryos for testing 2 normal and 2 low level mosaic (which will be used after another 2 egg banking cycles if needed).
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel)
You will have different nurse coordinators for retrieval and transfer cycles. Both of the coordinators (and the entire staff) were wonderful. They never had a problem answering question after question, were extremely patient and helpful. Rachel (our transfer coordinator) even cried on the phone with me when she called to give us our only positive result after 3 transfers and 7 embryos (2 transfers at a previous clinic).
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient. The clinic has "offices" on 2 seperate floors, so its necessary to know where you are going, but if you show up on the wrong floor, it isn't a difficult thing to fix. They work really well to accommodate you and your needs, we live over 2000 miles away and they do phone consults and order some of the pre- testing done nearer to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid around 23,000$ for 2 egg banking cycles, PGS testing, medications, and 3 months of frozen embryo storage.
Dr. Ahlering was fine with us transfering 2 PGS tested embryos, as I am healthy. I know from others that he will suggest only one embryo in certain cases. He has also suggested using our low level mosaic embryos if the planned 2 egg banking cycles are not successful.

IUI, 2 IVF
He [Dr. Ahlering] is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.... He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you".
Strength [MCRM- Chesterfield] would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.... $20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer... Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
+ Read more- Read less

I feel like [Dr. Peter Ahlering is] a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other option
I have had a couple nursing coordinators [at MCRM] but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me...After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The biggest strength of the clinic [MCRM] is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
During our first meeting with Dr. Ahlering he answered all of our questions, explained all the science his lab used to male factor, and gave us some options for us to think about. We met with him again to discuss the results of our lab work and semen analysis. From there, he made a detailed plan for us and made sure he answered all of our questions. When I emailed him additional questions we had throughout the process, he always he emailed me back within 24 hours (usually by the end of the day)!...He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage [at MCRM]. They offer a $1000 educator discount...There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!...Jen and Rachel [nurses] were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is amazing! He was so thorough in answering all our questions and explaining what would happen as we went through every step. He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel )
Jen and Rachel were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
In December of 2016 my husband and I saw our FIRST specialist. We left the appointment feeling hopeless! The doctor was rude.. he showed no enthusiasm... there was no detailed plan. They made us watch a video in a small dark room, by ourselves! It.Was.AWFUL! A year passed. Then, after talking with a high school friend, (and MCRM patient!) my husband wanted a second opinion. I sent an email to MCRM on MLK day 2018, not expecting a call back because the office was closed. Within 30 MINUTES someone was on the phone with me, getting everything scheduled! And let me tell you, I JUST KNEW!! I KNEW it would be different! I KNEW they cared! I KNEW we had found our clinic! We met with Dr. Ahlering on 1-30-2018 and, for the first time in YEARS, we felt HOPEFUL, EXCITED, and so very THANKFUL! MCRM has different technology and Dr. A showed us, in detail, the difference in his lab as compared to others. We knew it wouldn’t be easy. We knew there were no guarantees. But, when you feel supported in this journey, it makes all the difference!! There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage. They offer a $1000 educator discount.
Dr. Ahlering was very honest with us about the risks of transferring multiples and said it would be a safer option to transfer a single, frozen embryo. We trusted his judgement!
+ Read more- Read less
She’s [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
The nurse [at MCRM] we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She’s a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
Take her advice! We were initially told that with our sperm count levels there was no way my husband would have a biological child and now Mira is putting my husband on medications and shots to try and get his production up enough for ICSI!
Mira has personally phoned us to let’s us know results of lab work and what our next steps are in the process. She doesn’t push more expensive treatments if she doesn’t feel they’re needed.
We haven’t gone through any procedures at this time besides the initial SA and day 3 US
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
The nurse we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is small but quiet and easy to navigate. When we first visited they gave us a tour and all the procedure rooms are on the ground floor while the offices are on the second. It’s comfy and cheery with babies from previous cycles lining the halls!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Fresh cycle is 11,000 with ICSI or silver package They’re gold package insides ICSI with PGS testing on 8 embryos 15,500 Platinum package includes PICSI, nano beads, PGS testing and 24 hour monitor of embryos 16,500
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Aubuchon] did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.... She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.... Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic [MCRM- Chesterfield] and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
This has not yet come up for us.

Anovulation, Male Factor
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.... I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over.
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.... They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A [Ahlering] all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
Our coordinator [at MCRM], Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.... You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen...I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes... He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Sometimes they [MCRM] seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions...My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why.... We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment".
This clinic [MCRM] is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why. She is very passionate about what she does, and she cares about her patients. We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment". She is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend her to any family member or best friend.
Be patient, the clinic is very busy, but it is so worth it!
Dr. Aubuchon was so patient and kind. She was our second doctor after my Endometriosis diagnosis and several surgeries. We were nervous and scared, but she eased all of that right away.
I don't remember a lot about our IUI cycle. It was kind of a whirlwind experience because it all happened to fast but I did a cycle of injectable medication along with Femera (I think) and a trigger shot. My IUI was very painful because of my Endometriosis and resulted in a negative pregnancy. Which is why we would like to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Every nurse in this clinic is wonderful! They are completely invested (emotionally) in your journey. I specifically remember how heartbroken our nurse was when she had to call us to explain that our IUI results were negative.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The costs were as expected. No higher or lower than other places. However, they do have discount programs that can be applied for.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care... Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments.
MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
+ Read more- Read less

I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment [with Dr. Ahlering] to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again...
Our IVF "Gold" package [at MCRM] was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place...Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals... My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen [nurse at MCRM] has a lot of work cut out for her every month. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her...They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!...The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.
+ Read more- Read less

my husband and i were put on Clomid [by Dr. Ahlering] and i had to take a trigger shot a day before my IUI...was so amazing to work with. Something I will not forget is that he called me after hours to see how I was doing after the IUI. It amazed me that the doctor would reach out to me personally. I’ve never had that happen with ANY doctor period...Of course I have questions after 2 failed IUIs what’s next. He answered all of my questions and gave me different options. Going through this journey is already difficult enough but I felt he was really caring and sincere. After my IUI the doctor called me after hours to check and see how I was doing! I was so impressed by that! He really treated me like a human being! He’s a great doctor and would recommend to any of my friends going through the same situation.
The staff [at MCRM] was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat...Christina [nurse] was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times...I received an IUI treatment through a drawing at one of their events for patients and previous patients. However I believe each ultrasound was $250. Not sure how much blood work cost or what the cost of the meds were
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Going to see a new doctor is always very worrisome. What are they going to say? What are they going to do? Of course I have questions after 2 failed IUIs what’s next. He answered all of my questions and gave me different options. Going through this journey is already difficult enough but I felt he was really caring and sincere. After my IUI the doctor called me after hours to check and see how I was doing! I was so impressed by that! He really treated me like a human being! He’s a great doctor and would recommend to any of my friends going through the same situation.
I would tell them to take the information in, review and make your decision. A lot of options were given and it can be overwhelming but in the end you need to know ALL of your options and with the help of your doctor chose what is best for you.
Dr. Ahlering was so amazing to work with. Something I will not forget is that he called me after hours to see how I was doing after the IUI. It amazed me that the doctor would reach out to me personally. I’ve never had that happen with ANY doctor period. The staff was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat.
I don’t remember specifics I just remember my husband and i were put on Clomid and i had to take a trigger shot a day before my IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff was very nice and always greeted you with a smile. The only thing I would point out is sometimes a question might get lost in the portal. After a couple of days I would contact them directly and ask to speak to someone that could help

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor [from MCRM] in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle...
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering was a nice guy, I think the set up with seeing Tulsa patients was less than ideal. I had several snags in my cycle and he was available to talk to me and worked with us after our cycle almost got cancelled due to Dr. Nilson's office errors. The egg retrieval was a nightmare. They made me walk into the operating room and they started doing stuff before I was under anesthesia. I basically had to beg them to put me under since it was hurting. When they were done with the retrieval, they woke me up and immediately made me walk out of the operating room. They sat me in a chair in this huge room that had multiple recovery areas-and I was left alone in this recovery area. They wouldn't let me lie down, insisting I needed to wake up. I was confused by this since it took me hours to recover after my retrieval with Bundren. I was able to find my phone and have my husband come and get me and we left immediately. I was extremely traumatized by this- mentally and physically. I had to go see a physical therapist to fix my pelvic floor, there is no proof it was because of this incident but it all began after this cycle in 2015.
It's affordable, but for a reason. Only do it if it's your only option or you live in St. Louis.
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle.
I used Follistim and Menopur just the same as with Bundren. My drugs were very similar, but he used a lot less than Bundren, and I got less results as well. I had a lot more blood tests than before and I was not progressing as expected. I expressed my concerns to Ahlering and asked that he try longer instead of cancelling our cycle. So I was on less medication for a longer period of time. I only got 12 eggs, and none fertilized with no explanation. Dr. Bundren was perplexed by this when I told him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
Shawnie was great. I liked MCRM's communication better than Bundren's. I could get a response much faster.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- Technology, offices are beautiful, ratio of staff to patients is good, good communication at MCRM (not Dr. Nilson), more affordable than most places. Weaknesses- Poor bedside manner by both Ahlering and Nilson, the set up of seeing Tulsa patients when the doctor is in St. Louis, poor egg retrieval protocol. Overall, they just treat patients like a number and I felt like my retrieval was an assembly line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF cycle was about $12,000 with meds, etc. But we never got a transfer and they didn't take that cost off of our bill. Meds were the same $100 per IU.
Unknown

2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He has great bedside manner and got straight to the point of our consultation. He read our chart before our visit and came prepared with questions and answers. He was ready to start with the process right away and put our fears at ease. ... Ultrasound and blood testing to check egg reserve and protocol needed to proceed. ... I felt like a human because Dr. Ahlering came I’m our consult having read our file. He asked questions and was familiar with where we are currently in the process.
in our case someone dropped the ball and did not follow up for months. Initially we took this as a sign we shouldn’t move forward but after contacting the office to ask for clarification they called right back and got the ball rolling for us again. ... I was supposed to be scheduled for an ultrasound and testing the same week as our consultation but never heard from the staff to follow up. I received a bill 4 months after our consultation and was later told a voicemail was left
2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering was great. He has great bedside manner and got straight to the point of our consultation. He read our chart before our visit and came prepared with questions and answers. He was ready to start with the process right away and put our fears at ease.
Be prepared to potentially follow up if you need things done after your consultation.
I was supposed to be scheduled for an ultrasound and testing the same week as our consultation but never heard from the staff to follow up. I received a bill 4 months after our consultation and was later told a voicemail was left for me, but was not. After contacting the office they were able to schedule me for next steps. But it took 4 months.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr Ahlering is WONDERFUL and a joy to work with but in our case someone dropped the ball and did not follow up for months. Initially we took this as a sign we shouldn’t move forward but after contacting the office to ask for clarification they called right back and got the ball rolling for us again.
Unknown.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances...took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward...ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process.
We are new to the MCRM clinic and haven't started our IVF cycle, but all interactions with the nursing staff have been amazing!...There are different packages to choose from in regards to costs and the coordinators work with you on applying for grants and financial aid...staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We are new to the MCRM clinic, but Dr. Ahlering ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process. Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances.
Ask questions and if you don't understand something ask MORE questions.
Dr. Ahlering took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
As we are new to MCRM the process has been overwhelming, but the one positive in this whole process has been the amazing staff at MCRM. After interviewing several doctors and using FertilityIQ to determine who we wanted to move forward with the MCRM staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ahlering has been professional, knowledgeable, and an open-book...He always answers with evidence based research and does not hesitate to repeat a diagnostic procedure if results were unclear...-full lab workup for partner and myself -Clomid and thyriod medication for partner -continue with vitamin regimen as desired -ultrasound for myself to assess follicle count, tubes, uterine lining, and health of reproductive anatomy -ultrasound for partner to assess for varicocele -repeat SA as needed
Our initial visit with the financial department [at MCRM] shared basic information for 1 IVF cycle. After more diagnostic testing, were were given other options of packages. All options were ok, we just didn't know there was a possibility of other options. We so weren't aware that certain discounts would not apply under a package vs a single cycle...-IVF package quoted at $29,500. We have not yet undergone this process. -roughly $1,000 out of pocket expenses so far with diagnostic testing
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering has been professional, knowledgeable, and an open-book. There are tines I wish I knew more information, so I ask. He always answers with evidence based research and does not hesitate to repeat a diagnostic procedure if results were unclear.
Take your plan step by step. It's ok to know what you don't know.
At times, certain diagnostic results require normative data. At times, sitting face to face with the doctor is what you need. Data drives treatment as well as bedside manner. Both have necessary roles.
The nursing staff had been quick to respond, present professionally and compassionately. At times, I am unclear if my appointment is done ore if I am needing to be see for something else.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths: science, confidentiality, compassionate, great location Weakness: financial information was not the most forthcoming. It required us to ask intricate questions to assure we had a clear understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We asked about the science behind 1 embryo vs multiple and Dr. Ahlering shared information about age, egg quality, risk of multiples during pregnancy.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He doesn’t offer much guidance in terms of supplements or lifestyle changes to support IVF, so do your own research on that ... I appreciated Dr Ahlering’s candor and honesty in terms of success rates. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and was honest about my prognosis. ... I have DOR (AFC 2-4) and am older than the average patient. Dr. Ahlering used lupron to prevent early recruitment, then had me prime with Omnitrope & testosterone patches. He used an antagonist protocol starting with 225 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur, later adding in Cetrotide.
MCRM is an excellent clinic & I would highly recommend them. However, their billing department was really confusing to deal with at the beginning when going over treatment options & I found that frustrating. Otherwise, I’ve had great experiences with staff and the facilities are top-notch. They even have their own on-site surgery center for retrievals
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I appreciated Dr Ahlering’s candor and honesty in terms of success rates. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and was honest about my prognosis. He was also very open to my opinions regarding treatment protocols
Really great hand-on care from nurses and coordinators
I have DOR (AFC 2-4) and am older than the average patient. Dr. Ahlering used lupron to prevent early recruitment, then had me prime with Omnitrope & testosterone patches. He used an antagonist protocol starting with 225 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur, later adding in Cetrotide. Dual trigger of Lupron & hCG. 5 eggs retrieved, all mature & fertilized, 3 embryos all PGS normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoelting)
We communicated primarily through the email function of the portal. Responses were timely and thorough
Roughly $18,000 for one retrieval under anesthesia, PGS testing & one FET
He prefers single embryo transfers for PGS tested embryos
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Ahlering] was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again...He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed.
The clinic [MCRM] was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on...Was suppose to have blood work done, but the front office didn't know. So I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone finally telling me I needed to get my blood drawn. Waited over an hour for some appointments.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation... She goes over the facts. She is very straight forward. I feel like she gave us all the information we needed. I would have liked paper copies of all the test results. I assume if I asked, she would provide them. We decided on our own to pursue IVF instead of IUI.
The clinic [MCRM] is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.... I have only spoke with Jen through e-mail so far. She is very 'to the point' and short in her answers. She is not rude or mean, just very quick with reply length. She has been great to answer questions.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Ask all the questions that you have. She does a great job of answering questions and telling you facts. But she doesnt anticipate additional questions or give extra information
She took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation.
We are currently going through IVF. We will be starting the medication soon. We first did sperm analysis testing and blood work. We did an hsg and more blood work and tried my husband on clomid. She was good about seeing if there were any alternatives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Farley)
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I am still in the process of working out costs. Dena in the financial office is who I am working with.

Male Factor, Other
My first nurse [at MCRM] did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer...There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses...My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000 [for IVF]...Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Ahlering is wonderful! He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He is patient and kind. He really takes his time to answer questions and reassure you. He was open to ideas that I had and gave me his honest opinions. I never felt discriminated against because I'm a single mother by choice...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they [MCRM] have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit...he nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Tell him everything that is bothering you or anything you have questions about. He will take the time to help you!
I had one or two egg retrievals. I had failed IUI at a previous clinic, so we didn't waste time with that. I don't remember exactly all of the drugs I was on to stim, but I know it was way less than with my previous doctor and I got the same number of eggs every time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Most of it was covered by insurance

Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ahlering] treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one...He is warm, kind and very smart...I was an out of state patient and my IVF coordinator called to check on me and made sure I could reach her on weekends and after hours. She even sent me an email on Thanksgiving when I needed help. Dr. Ahlering's staff went above and beyond for me...
It's a small and clean office [MCRM]. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism...[Nurse] Rachel is smart, caring and fun! She held my hand during retrieval and transfer. She made sure I could always reach her if I needed anything...
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is warm, kind and very smart. He treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one.
Make sure you understand the drug protocols before you need to administer the injections.
My husband took clomid and ovidrel to prepare for the cycle. Follistim cd5-11 Menopur cd 9. &11 Ganirelix cd 11 Dual trigger Hcg boosters after retrieval
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's a small and clean office. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was an out of state patient and saw another doctor for monitoring. However, MCRM called with results the same day.
$7,500 basic fresh cycle for out of state patient

Anovulation, Other
Dr Aubuchon made sure my husband and I understood everything. She at first was hard to get to know but after a few visits she warmed up. She has checked up on me through my cancer treatment journey and has been nothing but compassionate.... I only had 2 embryos. She let me decide 1 vs 2 and was totally on board with my decision to only transfer 1.... Don’t allow the office staff to form your opinion of the physician.
Weakness- the front desk lady [at MCRM] isn’t very nice, the coordinators have too many patients at one time. Strengths the doctors are great and the patient advocate Jen Bader is amazing. The RNs in the procedural area are also very awesome! I liked that they were able to do any anesthesia procedures at the office and they didn’t make me go to a hospital. The office for the most part were always on time for my appointments, I think the longest I had to wait past my appointment was 30 minutes.
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Don’t allow the office staff to form your opinion of the physician.
Dr Aubuchon truly cares for her patients. She has checked up on me a few times while I’m trying to treat the endometrial cancer. I appreciated how she remembered me every time I came to the office.
I honestly don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I think my coordinator needed more help. I think she had too many patients at one time to keep track of.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- the front desk lady isn’t very nice, the coordinators have too many patients at one time. Strengths the doctors are great and the patient advocate Jen Bader is amazing. The RNs in the procedural area are also very awesome! I liked that they were able to do any anesthesia procedures at the office and they didn’t make me go to a hospital. The office for the most part were always on time for my appointments, I think the longest I had to wait past my appointment was 30 minutes.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Ahlering explained everything in great detail, but still in a very caring way. He put me to ease during a difficult time...specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful...Be prepared to get the ball rolling. His clinic & him are all so helpful & keep things moving. It feels like all hands on deck...We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
The clinic [MCRM] is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point...Everyone that I’ve met so far from the clinic has been very compassionate & caring. Going through infertility is a hard time, and everyone seems to care greatly about the patients
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful.
We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are just beginning our process. They have a financial coordinator assigned to me that I will meet with next week.
Unsure at the time in our IVF cycle.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Aubuchon] is very involved, describes every detail. Answers all questions and makes sure you understand and does her best to explain differently if needed. ... Easy to contact, emailed back even after hours, seen her at all our appts. ... She only transfers 1 or 2 5 day embryos. ... She was very supportive when we miscarried twins at 11 weeks and helped explain what happened, how to move forward when we were ready and what we could do differently. Very compassionate and understanding.
They [MCRM] all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls. ... Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She is very involved, describes every detail. Answers all questions and makes sure you understand and does her best to explain differently if needed. Easy to contact, emailed back even after hours, seen her at all our appts. She was very supportive when we miscarried twins at 11 weeks and helped explain what happened, how to move forward when we were ready and what we could do differently. Very compassionate and understanding.
Always ask questions, she wants you to be involved and know exactly what's happening and make that personal connection.
Dr Aubuchon is very involved and concerned with our feeling, very hands on
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen A, Kristin and Rachel)
They are very caring and involved, they work together to help everything go smoothly. Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls.
She is very open and discusses the options and what she feels is best. She only transfers 1 or 2 5 day embryos. She says there is no reason for more to be transferred that it's very irresponsible of Drs that do more. She explains the possible outcomes for each choice

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Very smart man [Dr. Ahlering]! Felt like he would get me pregnant. He was Misleading thinking I would have more embryos and only ended up 2! He didn’t have anything to say! He didn’t feel there was anything wrong or anything to change if there was a next time!... He believes everyone should do PGS testing no matter theirs age and only out 1 PGS tested in at a time! I appreciated that! And first transfer results in a perfect baby
While the dr and a couple nurse are great! There other staff [at MCRM] is not up to part! Feel like you aren’t heard and can’t get ahold of anyone! Can tell they have a lot of patients because they seem to never know anything about you specifically just what the chart says... I was not called with my results for my husband or myself! Also wasn’t called with results... 21,000 for egg retrieval transfer and meds! This includes embryoscope, embryo glue!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Very smart man! Felt like he would get me pregnant. He was Misleading thinking I would have more embryos and only ended up 2! He didn’t have anything to say! He didn’t feel there was anything wrong or anything to change if there was a next time!
Push for what you want! Look for answers why before just seeking treatment
They looked at your situation and made a different protocol based on that!
I was on gonal F, cetrotide, and menopur! Started standard dose and then each ultrasound they would change the dose! He watched me very close since I had a lot of Eggs! And put me on cetrotide after to help not over stimulate!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
Loved jen! My Coordinator for transfer not so much
Describe your experience with MCRM.
While the dr and a couple nurse are great! There other staff is not up to part! Feel like you aren’t heard and can’t get ahold of anyone! Can tell they have a lot of patients because they seem to never know anything about you specifically just what the chart says
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was monitor by my ob besides 2 times that dr A! Came to tulsa to monitor me!
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Ahlering] was very professional and informative! We live near Tulsa, OK so only met with him a couple of times when he came from Chesterfield. I always felt like I was in the right hands from the second I met him! He always had a positive outlook on things and insured that he would do what is always best for us and our future.... I love how they are willing to travel other places to cater to patients like myself who do not live close to Chesterfield.
The staff at MCRM is incredible!... Very clean and organized clinic and staff. I love how they are willing to travel other places to cater to patients like myself who do not live close to Chesterfield. It helped that we only had to go to Chesterfield for our retrieval and transfer since we live almost 5 hours away... Communication was always quick and answers were very thorough when I didn’t understand something
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very professional and informative! We live near Tulsa, OK so only met with him a couple of times when he came from Chesterfield. I always felt like I was in the right hands from the second I met him! He always had a positive outlook on things and insured that he would do what is always best for us and our future.
To not even think about seeing a different doctor and wasting your time somewhere else.
The staff at MCRM is incredible! They are very personable whereas the first doctor I went to seemed like he just wanted your money and wasn’t my personable at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel W & Courtney M)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Medical was close to $10,000 and treatment was around $20,000. My insurance only paid very little for some transfer meds
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] was very nice and thorough during our consultation. She explained all of the options, explained what was causing our infertility, and gave us a run down of everything. Outside of that, I only saw her a handful of times. But when I did see her, she was nice...Did two IUIs with Aubuchon. I did Letrozole for 5 days from days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on CD 11 for follicle check and had to come back in on CD 15 to check again. Triggered with ovedril on CD 17 and had IUI on CD18.
Ceara [nurse at MCRM] was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds...saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs...It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She was very nice and thorough during our consultation. She explained all of the options, explained what was causing our infertility, and gave us a run down of everything. Outside of that, I only saw her a handful of times. But when I did see her, she was nice.
I’m not sure.
I felt like everyone was really nice, but especially the nurses and the physician assistant, they were so nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara(PA) and Christina )
Ceara was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds and she even did one of my IUIs. I saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs. I really liked her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere. It’s nics just a nice facility overall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
IUIs cost $500. My monitoring was covered by insurance so I’m not sure about that cost.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Dr. A [Ahlering] is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay...Dr. A explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel like a human because you can tell he really cares most about getting you pregnant....Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Weakness- Team [MCRM] is not organized and needs to communicate better... I think his [Dr. Ahlering] team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized...Christina is great, no complaints. She really cares and she is on top of the IUI schedule....IUI is about $1,700 a time. IVF (silver plan) is $16,500 for everything. Includes ICSI...I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay. I think his team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized.
Be patient. Try not to stress too much, it will cause several setbacks.
Right now we are trying IUI because we cannot afford IVF at this time. Likelihood of successful IUI is 10% each time. Protocol is 3 Letrozole 7.5mg for 5 days. Trigger shot. Progesterone for 10 days after IUI. Dr. A told us with IVF we have 85% of success with 2 IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- Team is not organized and needs to communicate better. Strength- Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Haven't found out what he prefers yet. Once we are able to do IVF I will hopefully know.
+ Read more- Read less

The entire staff and especially Dr Ahlering treated me and my husband with such compassion. Never made me feel like I was silly for my questions and we so sensitive to our situation...He was very thorough and patient. Took his time explaining every result and question I might have. He is passionate about the work he does and it shows through his treatment of patients. I felt like I was in the best hands while there.
[MCRM was] Very clean and organized. The rooms were nicely decorated to nake you feel more at home. Location is easy to find and very comfortable. It is a place I don’t feel nervous in because I know I am in good hands...There was some initial confusion with our insurance but the staff cleared it up completely and quickly...only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don’t be afraid, he will make you feel comfortable and explain everything no matter how many tines you ask.
We have not had any treatments yet only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He seemed less expansive than other places I had researched. However it’s still very expensive

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you... The biggest strength is going above and beyond for their patients , from events for support and fun to the infertility conference they put on once a year , they really make you feel supported and like you are not alone in this.... We will be doing the gold IVF package , the cost for the package and drugs will be 18,500
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We love Dr Ahlering, he explains everything in great detail and answers all our questions , he remains sensitive during this tough time but he also gives us a good laugh and keeps things light during our appointments which we really like. The only complaint we have is when we show up for appointments he doesn’t seemed quite organized and familiar with our file in the beginning and it takes a minute for him to get up to speed , which I know he is very busy so we understand and it’s not a big deal but it is something that could be improved on
You will love MCRM just ask all the questions to can to fully understand everything
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you , it is a great place to go thru this
We are getting ready to start and IVF cycle in May .
The staff at MCRM is amazing . They are all sweet and caring and very knowledge .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering uses eSET which we prefer and was one of the reasons we picked him. It is safer to not have multiples in a pregnancy and that was not something we were interested in so this fit with our vision
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Aubuchon is warm and kind. She is very well versed in PCOS and has a special interest in helping PCOS patients conceive. She is always willing to answer questions and is always honest about what to expect with each cycle... All cycles have been letrozole, dexamethasone, and Ovidrel... Dr. Aubuchon is amazing! She is straightforward and honest about all aspects of treatment. She welcomes you into her office for initial consult, with a warm smile and handshake. She always seems to know her patients and is always kind.
The clinic [MCRM] and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.... Christina is excellent at follow through and follow up. Prescriptions are always sent to pharmacy in a timely manner. She responds quickly to patient portal messages and always has time to talk about expectation for the next cycle.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Take a note pad! She will present you with a lot of information and you will want to take it all in!
All cycles have been letrozole, dexamethasone, and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.
+ Read more- Read less
As a visual person, I liked when he [Dr. Peter Ahlering] explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial)...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information [from the nurses at MCRM Fertility] but very quick to answer all my questions...Nice atmosphere. Nurses help each other out. Good about helping if/when meds run out. Online portal is a good tool. If not doing a cycle, appointments are more difficult to get. Charged a copay for every time I just met and talked to the Dr in person...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
As a visual person, I liked when he explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial).
Ask questions! You can't ask too many.
Egg Retrivial: Cetrotide, Gonal, and Menapour Transfer: (Will be) Estrogen patch and pill, and the pio shots and vaginal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information but very quick to answer all my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
5500 for PGS and PGD. 100 for meds. 2500 down payment. 500/year for freezing of embryos. Haven't gotten full dollar amount after insurance and from clinic.
Didn't talk to Dr about number. Decided on only 1 myself.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Aubuchon was gentle in delivering information and when speaking with us. We would have liked a deeper explanation of things such as multiple rates, risk, and research. My husband and I also understand not every patient wants that, so the physician is not always well prepared to answer these questions. When there were times that things did not go as planned, or there were difficulties, Dr. Aubuchon did well about listening to us and our decisions.
The clinic [MCRM] presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.... Our coordinator was enthusiastic, positive, and yet empathetic and compassionate. There were a few miscommunications along the way, as there would be anywhere. However, they were always able to be fixed in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
As always, advocate for yourself. Do not feel bad about asking several questions.
Dr. Aubuchon treated us with dignity & respect. We felt as if she cared about our pregnancy and baby versus her stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$500/IUI, $200/Ultrasound, around $350 for comprehensive SA.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable & trustworthy. He was always positive & confident we would be successful. He is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients & helping them achieve their dream of having children.... One stim cycle using Follistum, Ganirelex, menupur, hcg & dual trigger. PGS testing. Egg donor cycle 9 embryos tested & 6 came back normal. Transferred August 2016 but miscarriage in October 2016. Second transfer on 1-30-17 of 2 embryos. Currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with singleton.
Clinic staff [at MCRM Chesterfield] could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.... She's [a nurse] very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Write down a list of questions you would like answered.
Doctor and staff are very caring & compassionate.
She's very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Clinic staff could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.
25k
He recommends transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time but will transfer two of client prefers.

2014 - 2017
She [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important... she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything...Having low ovarian reserve, we are in the middle of embryo banking where we will go through 4 cycles of retrievals and one transfer. We are using nanobead sperm selection and genetic testing on the embryos before any potential transfer.
[Nurse at MCRM is] Very nice and compassionate. Sometimes it seems like you get rushed responses to email and they don't always address all your concerns...2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package...Having low ovarian reserve, we are in the middle of embryo banking where we will go through 4 cycles of retrievals and one transfer. We are using nanobead sperm selection and genetic testing on the embryos before any potential transfer.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important.
If you don't want to make the decision for yourself on your treatment, then you may want a doctor that doesn't care about your thoughts as she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything.
She lets you decide the path you want to take and listens to your concerns. She explains your situation and what she expects the outcome to be the best she can and doesn't push you in a certain direction.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We leave 2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package.
We haven't covered that in detail yet but she would do no more than 2