Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?

2 doctors
Our previous coordinator made a huge mistake with us. She didn't read our chart thoroughly and we had to cancel a transfer because of her. ... The clinic [MCRM] has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. ...
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. I am so glad I now have coverage for infertility. Last year around this time my previous coordinator made a huge mistake. We had planned to do our transfer in December and the coordinator didn't realize that we had frozen eggs not embryos. Even though she had my chart (I think) and the office wasn't prepared to do our transfer. We didn't know my husband needed to see a urologist to do a work up for his azospermia. Super frustrating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
At times I really feel like there is a break down of communication with their office and my husband and I. I feel like we have very poor follow up from their clinic. We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. He has been under his care for 3 months. After his 1 month follow-up with the urologist, MCRM contacted us because they said he will need labs after he had just had them drawn and a SA. We hadn't heard from MCRM for at least 2 months, no check ins or anything. And it was like they were demanding that my husband have these tests done. So. I called the urologists office and they said, no it takes 3 months for Clomid to start working and he didn't need to have labs since he had just had them drawn. And when I called MCRM to let them know we'd just follow up with the urologist, they were a little irritated. But, we didn't feel it was necessary. We barely have any communication with them right now. No check ins or anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Mitan)
I have only communicated with her through email, but she is always prompt in responding back, and answers all my questions. She is always nice.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel he is very knowledgeable, and does spend a lot of time with his patients. He is a very kind Dr., and will pretty much do what you ask of him. And, if he doesn't know an answer, he will do his best to find out for you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very smart man, and his statistics speak for themselves.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval he gave me gonal-f, menopur. And my trigger shot was ovidrel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Had to pay out of pocket for some things that I didn't feel that we should have. I feel they are comparable to other clinics.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The staff at the front desk [of MCRM] is frequently rude...They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports...their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at the front desk is frequently rude, not only to myself, but also other patients. They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports. Michelle Brinkmeyer, who is their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Dr. Ahlering and his staff gave us conflicting information regarding his recommendations for our care. He told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI. We were instructed to set up a phone call with Dr. Ahlering to discuss the conflicting information. He called over 1.5 hours after the scheduled time and stated that we were “all speaking the same language” and that an IUI would not benefit us. Clearly, he and his PA were not speaking the same language. He refuses to forward any of his consultation or progress notes to my new doctor and his staff states that all records of treatment plans, prescribed medications and dosages are proprietary information specific to their facility (rather than the individualized care they claim to provide) and they also won’t release those records. The only records they are willing to release are lab results and ultrasound reports. This leads me to question if there even is any documentation regarding my care. They do not seem to see myself or my husband as human beings trying to grow our family, but rather as an enemy for daring to question them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker)
Christina seems to care about her patients. She seems like a good person. I don’t have anything bad to say about her.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My first impression of Dr. Ahlering was that he seemed like a car salesman. Out of desperation for a baby, we decided to give him a chance and start treatment immediately rather than wait for another consultation with a different doctor. I fully regret this decision. We met with Dr. Ahlering once and had 3 phone conversations with him. He and the office are (for lack of a better word) exceptionally shady. I feel like he is just out to make money and does not truly care about his patient’s success. I also feel like there has been retaliation against us for leaving their practice and seeing a different specialist.
Do not go to MCRM Fertility for any reason. Do not see Dr. Ahlering. I 100% regret my decision to receive treatment from this physician.
We did one timed intercourse cycle with 7.5 mg letrozole for 5 days. Midcycle scan showed follicles not large enough to trigger. Started letrozole 7.5 mg again for 5 days. Second midcycle scan showed mature follicles. Triggered with Ovidrel and then proceeded with TI. Second cycle we did 5 days of 10 mg letrozole and added 3 injections of 50 units Gonal-F. Midcycle scan showed follicles were not mature. We were instructed to use 75 units of Gonal-F for 2 days and then the remainder of what was in the pen the 3rd day (about 50 units). Second midcycle scan showed several mature follicles. Risks of multiples were discussed and we triggered with Ovidrel that evening and proceeded with TI. For our third cycle we used 10 mg letrozole for 7 days, one day of 150 units Gonal-F, followed by 75 units Gonal-F the next 2 days. Midcycle scan showed mature follicles and we triggered with Ovidrel and proceeded with TI. We were unsuccessful each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I had no insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was $250. Medications costs were around $370 each cycle.
Chesterfield

I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept [at MCRM] and it made me feel like they just wanted my money...I had a very basic IVF protocol. It unfortunately ended in no normal embryos. They started with BC. Then did STIMS for 9 days and had my egg retrieval...I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay [nurse]. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is beautiful. The staff is friendly besides Mel in finance. I almost didn’t move forward with the clinic because of her. Then she was rude the day before my retrieval when I called to ask a question about my down payment. She was great the original meeting. Once I put my down payment she no longer had to be nice. I have great things to say about everyone besides Mel.
I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept and it made me feel like they just wanted my money. I didn’t feel like the original consultation was based on my issues but general issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely intelligent. He knows what he’s doing and you can see that he’s passionate about helping people have a baby. When I went in for my first appointment he followed back up with me rather than getting a nurse to reach out. I appreciated that.
That it’s ok to ask questions. You are spending a lot of money. Do not allow your appointment to be rushed. Get all the information you need before you leave.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I luckily have insurance. My insurance didn’t cover the genetic testing-2,500 The deposit-2,000 (not sure why you need a deposit)..The medication 3,400. We also paid out of pocket an additional 1,500 for other services like nano beads and sperm selection.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
He prefers to transfer one but said he would be fine with me transferring two.
Chesterfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Organized clinic with an incredible group of care providers. So happy we chose MCRM. The patient liaison Jen Bader is as good as it gets. Better communication about billing and personally I’d like to know a little more detailed info about our embryos.... Every staff member I have met has been amazing! Rachel Wallace goes above and beyond! Incredible nurse and so empathetic
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Our coordinators were super attentive and through. They truly care
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Wallace for transfer and Jen Hoelting for retrival)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Very smart doctor. Excellent bedside manor. Spent over 1.5 hours explaining our failed transfer and developing a plan for IVf round 2. He is open to patient/doctor dialogue. One bit of advice I would recommend is to better educate on embryo grading and changes seen on the embryoscope.
Come with your questions. He will try and answer them all to alleviate any concern you may have.
Round 1 Retrieval: gonal f, cetrotide, menopur Lupron and hcg trigger 13 eggs, 11 mature eggs, 7 fertilized, 4 day 5 embryos, 3 PGS normal Transfer: Estrogen po, estrogen patch, progesterone injections and suppository Transferred 2 embryos- failed transfer Round 2 IVF Retrieval- omnitrope added for better quality, ubiquinol gonal f, cetrotide, menopur Lupron and hcg trigger 13 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized,, 5 day 6 embryos, I PGS normal ERA testing and hysteroscopy Estrogen po, delestrogen, progesterone injections and suppository 2nd transfer pending
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I received most of my ultrasounds at my primary obgyns office. Dr. Ahlering did come from out of town for key ultrasounds.Appointments were set for a specific time.
Approximately $15000 for first cycle
He prefers single embryo but will transfer 2 per patient request and health history

2017 - 2019
After a few months we got the routine down [at MCRM], but sometimes felt lost, especially in the beginning. Dont be afraid to ask questions when things get confusing. We struggled the most with the financial department. These are big decisions and big payments. I think sometimes others who see it all the time may forget that... IUI approximately $1000 per round plus medications IVF $16000 for 2 egg retrievals (with egg banking first round) and no transfer completed, plus additional for medications
Describe your experience with MCRM.
People in the office are generally friendly and helpful. I've been happy with our medical care. We sometimes werent sure what the next steps were. After a few months we got the routine down, but sometimes felt lost, especially in the beginning. Dont be afraid to ask questions when things get confusing. We struggled the most with the financial department. These are big decisions and big payments. I think sometimes others who see it all the time may forget that
Spent adequate time with us. Answer our questions fully
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina (IUI))
Christina was our coordinator for IUI. She was amazing. Although we were not successful and eventually moved on to IVF, she was very helpful. She was calm and helped me to relax even when sharing news we didnt want to hear. Her compassion and overall presence was appreciated
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We are happy with Dr Ahlering. He addresses our concerns professionally and respectfully. He states his opinion on medical issues with research or examples to explain. Our biggest struggle is balancing those medical opinions with reality/the financial aspect of fertility treatments.
Be prepared with questions but dont be afraid to contact again later after you've had time to process the large amounts of information given
IUI: letrozole pills (5 days) and gonal 150 u injected (3 days) 3 negatives IVF: menopur, cetrotide, gonal. CoQ10, DHEA, and omnitrope added for 2nd retrieval. 1st retrieval 13 eggs, 8 mature. 2nd retrieval 4 mature eggs. 4 initially fertilized but did not grow to genetic testing stage
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We were not able to transfer so discussed this very little

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
It’s 1. Beautiful. 2. Cleanly. 3. Full of people who genuinely care. I can’t imagine going somewhere else. The facility [MCRM] has two floors and you always feel at home. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses. I had a really good experience with them.... They [nurses] are great at communicating the plan, calling with updates and responding to portal messages. They are your advocates and will answer questions at most times of the day!
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s 1. Beautiful. 2. Cleanly. 3. Full of people who genuinely care. I can’t imagine going somewhere else. The facility has two floors and you always feel at home. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses. I had a really good experience with them.
He is amazing and talks to you how it is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
They are great at communicating the plan, calling with updates and responding to portal messages. They are your advocates and will answer questions at most times of the day!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is literally amazing and has helped us in every aspect along this journey. He is smart, compassionate, and genuinely cares about his patients and their ultimate success. I would recommend Dr. Ahlering to anyone and everyone looking to conceive who has had troubles.
Trust your gut and be your own advocate!
First I was diagnosed with endometriosis so I underwent laparoscopic surgery for treatment of that. Ahlering was the first physician to listen to my period concerns and properly diagnosed me. Stage 3 endometriosis! We then got started on the IVF cycle after two months of birth control. I underwent a baseline ultrasound and w as given daily instructions regarding medication dosages. I was started on 225u of Gonal F and then went in for a follow up ultrasound on cycle day 5-6 where they saw 15 follicles. My dose was then adjusted and Menopur and Ceteotide were added. I retrieved on cycle day 11-12 and got 18 eggs, 14 mature and 13 fertilised.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I think out of pocket with insurance we will owe 8,000 including the costs of meds. The total procedure costs are around 15,000-20,000. Insurance helps a lot and luckily they take insurance. The other clinic I tried did not.
Dr Ahlering does not prefer multiples and suggests one embryo transfer if you do PGS testing.

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Since they [MCRM] are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.... Shawnie has been easy to communicate with, through the portal or phone. She has been there to support and comfort when I've needed. She's called when she said she would and has always answered my questions.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Since they are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Every time that I have needed to talk to her or have an appointment, I have been able to. She answers my questions, explains things in details, even took notes for me! She was genuinely upset with our loss and asked us multiple times how we were doing. Every visit, she takes time to talk to us about non-medical/fertility related topics and is interested in us as people.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I am so excited to have Dr. Aubuchon as my doctor! In the short amount of time that we have been there, she has provided us with more answers than we got at our previous clinic after 8 years. She wants to find the answers. Our goal is her goal. She is a very compassionate person. After one procedure, I felt dizzy and hot. She put cool compresses on me (didn't get a nurse to do it!) and didn't leave the room until she was sure that I was feeling better.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She doesn't sugarcoat things and will give you an honest answer on test results, procedures, and what it all means towards your chances of having a baby.
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Before deciding any medication protocols, Dr. Aubuchon wanted to start with testing and making sure that she had as much information as possible. She didn't want to just follow previous protocols from our previous clinic, she wanted new and updated information so that she could develop an individualized treatment and medication protocol.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
She prefers to transfer one embryo at a time with the reasoning of creating the perfect environment for that one embryo and giving it the best chance without it having to compete for resources.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
CRM will take great care of you. From the front desk receptionist, to the nurses and lab staff, they were all wonderful to work with! They make sure you leave with full understanding of what the next step are. They are organized and caring. I wish I had gone straight to MCRM instead of trying other specialists first. It would have saved us a ton of time and money... Jen was awesome! I was able to meet with her in person before we started our cycle. She went over medication instructions with me which was extremely helpful. She was always quick to respond to any questions I ever had.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM will take great care of you. From the front desk receptionist, to the nurses and lab staff, they were all wonderful to work with! They make sure you leave with full understanding of what the next step are. They are organized and caring. I wish I had gone straight to MCRM instead of trying other specialists first. It would have saved us a ton of time and money.
Dr. Ahlering’s office is warm and welcoming. He is also a very kind person. They take the time to listen, instead of rushing you in and out like an assembly line.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoelting)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is the best fertility specialist I have ever worked with. He listens, he genuinely cares, he explains everything with great detail and he offers so many advanced options with IVF treatment that my last doctor didn’t utilize/believe in.
Go to Dr. Ahlering!! You won’t regret your decision to atleast set up a consultation to meet with him. He will listen to you.
Dr. Ahlering used the full IVF protocol instead of the Mini protocol our last doctor used. We had wonderful results with this protocol. He prescribed me Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel and another trigger shot. He also had me on a vitamin regimen of Coq10, omega, DHEA, and prenatals. He retrieved 18 eggs, 17 of those were mature eggs. Of the 18, 16 fertilized. And we ended up with 6 day 5 blastocysts that are currently being genetically tested.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering offers 3 different IVF plans. We chose the Gold plan that costs $15,500.
Dr. Ahlering will try to talk you into a single embryo transfer, but he will allow 2 embryos to be transferred if you feel strongly about doing so.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Several of the nurses [at MCRM] provide excellent care and compassion of patients. My coordinator I was assigned overall did alright. There were several big misses that she did not give us information on. I am an out of town client And so I have wondered if things would have been different if I was “in town.”? Who knows. Just lots of small slip ups that she didn’t follow through on. One example was not getting lab work and orders to my doctor locally before my appt!! So I arrived and the lab had zero lab work on me and then I go for my appointment and my OB had no orders for that day
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful place - facility that is. They are very welcoming as a clinic. And strive to provide excellent care Again I think a weakness might be that out of town patients might get lost in the shuffle of details at times.
They do a good job of treating you like a human and not a number most of the time. I do believe they have grown largely and the nurse coordinators have a hard time keeping up with details. At times anyway that was my experience. So in some cases it was exhausting to chase down a nurse to get labs, results or to ask for answer to a question I had already inquired about previously.
Several of the nurses provide excellent care and compassion of patients. My coordinator I was assigned overall did alright. There were several big misses that she did not give us information on. I am an out of town client And so I have wondered if things would have been different if I was “in town.”? Who knows. Just lots of small slip ups that she didn’t follow through on. One example was not getting lab work and orders to my doctor locally before my appt!! So I arrived and the lab had zero lab work on me and then I go for my appointment and my OB had no orders for that day . I was furious. I took off work, scheduled this time and then I arrive to have nothing. So I spent my morning trying to chase down nurses at MCRM. And that’s not my job I was more than annoyed. That is one example
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is a wonderful communicator. He is definitely an intelligent doctor who knows what he is doing. I am very impressed with how long he has being working in the infertility field. I have confidence in him as a patient and I appreciate several long phone calls he has endured with me to answer multiple questions. Though he has not been able to get us pregnant I still have full confidence in who he is as a Dr.
It would be helpful to go more in depth on the front end and ask more of the “realistic expectations” for what truly goes into Each procedure. And what you can expect at every stage of the game. So if you make it past the egg retrieval then you wait x amount of time before xyz I would ask any and all questions. I wish I would have asked more
I have been through two ER and gained many eggs. We have not made it to the transfer yet because although we got many eggs they did not make it to the next stage. Which is devastating. No one warned me you could get such a high number of eggs and then there is a chance that zero make it . That would have been good information to know
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did them in my own town
20-30,000
We have not made it to an embryo transfer yet. So I am not sure. Although he has told me over the phone he only likes a single transfer each time.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The office staff [at MCRM] is amazing! The financial team is very confusing. My egg retrieval was 5 months ago and I’m still not sure what I owe from it. It took them 3 months just to submit to my insurance. I feel like the coordinators have too much on their plate. I never felt important because mt questions or concerns were just a bother.... My coordinator made me feel like my questions and concerns did not matter. I felt like I was on an assembly line being passed to the next station. She told me I had to wait an additional month for transfer because I did not get on the schedule in time even though I told her 6 weeks in advance.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The office staff is amazing! The financial team is very confusing. My egg retrieval was 5 months ago and I’m still not sure what I owe from it. It took them 3 months just to submit to my insurance. I feel like the coordinators have too much on their plate. I never felt important because mt questions or concerns were just a bother.
Dr. Aubuchon always called with results and explained why she did each thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen H)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon was a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. Although I had complications, she took great care of me and explained all risks. I do wish I would have known the concern of not getting my ovary cauterized. The nurses acted like it wasn’t a big deal, but ended up resulting in emergency surgery the next week.
Trust Dr. Aubuchon to give you the best care. However, be involved in your treatment. You are spending too much money to blindly follow someone without understanding why.
At first, Dr. Aubuchon had me on 75 units of Gonal F and Menopur. However, when I went to my apt, my eggs had barely grown. At that point, she had me give myself 325 units of Gonal and doubled my Menopur. When I went 3 days later, my eggs still needed to grow more. I went back 2 more days and I had about 40 eggs maturing so they cancelled my fresh transfer and had my egg retrieval 3 days later. I had 37 eggs retrieved, but only 2 made it to day 5.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I’m not sure since the financial team still has not sent me a bill after paying my deposit.
My dr advises you to only do a single Embryo transfer. She enoucraged me to do both because I had a 2cc and 3cc with no genetic testing. I am 10 weeks with a single baby.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

From the minute I walked in the door I felt heard. Every staff member at MCRM treated me like a person and gave me my voice back in my infertility treatment.... I cannot day enough about the nursing staff at MCRM! They truly are the back bone of the office! My coordinator was such a compassionate support and would answer any and all questions... The clinic is organized, friendly and ready to make your dream come true. They go above and beyond to provide you the necessary support needed. They have a patient portal that supplies you with all lab results and resources! You have access to ask any questions to the staff through your portal and they are so quick in responses!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr.Ahlering took the time to listen to my story and answer all my questions. He heard me and provided reassurance and hope after my miscarriage to help my dream of being a mom come true. He gives his undivided attention and does not rush you through your consultation. His team is the trained and ready to be your tribe!
I would tell them to breathe and trust that you found the right place to have a voice! You will have support from the staff to the patients as it will become your family!
I came to Dr.A after a miscarriage at ten weeks, times intercourse, clomid cycles and two failed IUIs. He went through the unexplained infertility diagnosis and possible treatment options. After already having tests done showing normal results he gave comfort in finding an answer. We tried our final and third IUI with femara. Unfortunately it did not work and now we’re looking into ivf but need to financially save to afford it
Chesterfield

Kristin [a nurse at MCRM] was amazing. This was my first time doing ivf and she handled all of my questions like a champ. She is so sweet and compassionate.... The clinic is very organized. I have never had to wait very long to be seen. Everyone is so kind and helpful and willing to answer any questions I had. Scheduling was a breeze and i was able to get the appointment times I needed to work around my schedule.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Every time I am in the office, I feel like he truly cares about my care. He takes his time and explains everything and what the next steps need to be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
Kristin was amazing. This was my first time doing ivf and she handled all of my questions like a champ. She is so sweet and compassionate.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is amazing. He truly cares and wants the best outcome. This is not our first clinic but this is by far the best clinic we have been to. My husband and I both love the care that we have gotten. Dr. Ahlering is so knowledgeable and we really feel like we are in good hands with our care.
Ask questions if you have them. He will take time and answer every question you have.
We are in our first ivf cycle and dr. Alhering suggested we take lupron for a month prior to stims. I started with 20 units for 5 days, then 10 units for 5 days, then 5 units the remainder. When we started stims I started out on 225 gonal. My body was slow to respond. After about 5 days he added menopur 75units and bumped my gonal up to 300. I have pcos so he was trying to take it slow with me. I ended up stimming for 13 days before I was ready for egg retrieval. We ended up with 17 eggs. 10 mature and so far 7 have fertilized and are growing. Dr. Alhering suggests we do a frozen transfer to give my body a break from the hormones so we will be doing that next month!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are still in treatment, pending insurance payment.

PCOS, Other
Ceara [a nurse at MCRM] has been AMAZING. She stays on top of my treatment plan and follows up accordingly. She answers ALL questions and concerns SAME DAY if not right away.... Our first experience with the office staff was a nightmare. NO one knew anything and couldn't seem to communicate. We were pulled in all directions, this was due to the lady we spoke to in the finance department. My advice to you would be DO NOT go by anything anyone says until AFTER you speak to the doctor and he gives/assigns you to a team member who will be assisting in your treatment. We were so confused before we even met the doctor on what we were suppose to be doing. After our first appointment, everything went so much smoother.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering is the FIRST doctor to help me get to the root of my infertility and not just push medications at me. He carefully diagnosed the reason I have not been able to get pregnant. Since our first consultation in December, we have been working on treating my PCOS and preparing myself to have a healthy pregnancy. I am also diabetic, and have high blood pressure along with the PCOS. His compassion to actually HELP me with my current health/infertility issues before conceiving has been his first priority! To have a doctor actually care about my well being and health is a first for my husband and I. We have been trying to conceive for the past 8.5 years and 11 total doctors. I am really hoping that Dr. A is the answer to our prayers! We are well on our way under his care with our current treatment. So far EVERYTHING that he has done for us has been working. We have a few more months of treatment to go to prepare myself for a healthy pregnancy. I can't THANK Dr. A enough for taking his time, effort and compassion to HELP me and my husband. We can't wait to see what our future holds with Dr. A's help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara Barmeier, PA-C, MS)
Ceara has been AMAZING. She stays on top of my treatment plan and follows up accordingly. She answers ALL questions and concerns SAME DAY if not right away.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Do not ask Dr. Ahlering a question you do not want an honest answer to. He does not sugar coat the truth, treatments or risks. He tells you just how things are or will go. Very up front and to the point. First doctor for us to be so honest in the risks for my husband and I. He is a talker, and very knowledgeable be prepared to listen.
Currently undergoing treatments to treat my PCOS. We are not to this point yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are currently in the middle of treatment. Our costs have been ultrasounds, lab work and medications. We do not have fertility coverage and have currently spent almost $2,000.00
N/A - not to this point yet.
Chesterfield

This place [MCRM] is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.... Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This place is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.
From the first time my wife and i stepped into the clinic, we were greeted like, we were any other couple that happened to be struggling with infertility. Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.
Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do. It was a breath of fresh air
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon has been nothing short of amazing..she sees SO MANY PEOPLE, daily, weekly, monthly, and every single time, she remembers who we are, my wife’s name, if she doesn’t get to come with me, what we discussed with the last visit, etc. I have had reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, and she goes as far as to even down to remembering the size of it from my last visit.
Ask all the questions. She is there to help you with anything and everything. And she is ready with the answers. Don’t think any question you have, is a stupid question.
Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards. There was one other medicine, that i don’t recall the name of, but it was to help my follicles grow. The first time that we tried (times intercourse with private donor) the medicine that i was given to grow my follicles grew 8 giant follicles. Both my coordinator and Dr Aubuchon were kinda freaked, and didn’t want us to move forward with our timed intercourse plan, and dr Aubuchon said that she would normally suggest IVF for situations such as this..being that, IVF was out of our price range, and she knew it, she didn’t push the factor, and let us make our own decisions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The cost was decent enough..nothing to do with infertility is cheap, but the ladies make sure they understand your budget, and they don’t push you to get the more expensive medication, or go straight into IVF if you can’t afford it. They really work with you

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

There has been some files/test results lost, basically a lot of disorganization on their [MCRM] end which was very frustrating and I had to stay on top of them myself. ... t's important that my husband stay on his meds consistently and there were multiple times where the prescription was not called in on time therefor he was thrown off and missed several days of his medications.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's too early in the process for us as we have not made it to the IVF process yet. I have heard great things about their lab and IVF success which is why we are choosing to use them. There has been some files/test results lost, basically a lot of disorganization on their end which was very frustrating and I had to stay on top of them myself.
Any time we had scheduled calls, it was obviously he did not read our file beforehand. He consistently had to ask US what he was having us do and what was going on. There as been multiple communication issues with the office and nurses as well, prescriptions not being filled on time, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
There was a lot of disorganization when we first got started, but I made it a point to let them know I was not happy with things so far and there was a positive change after doing so. Eventually I got to a point where I was able to open up and speak with her on a more personal level which was nice.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We're still working with him currently so I can't give a ton of details yet. We're using him because our circumstances are forcing us to do IVF and we've heard his Lab is one of the best for that. But before we're able to move forward with IVF we have other medical issues to fix, but no progress has been made with those issues over the last 6 months.
Have any/all questions ready before meeting with him. If he asks you to do genetic testing don't fight it and get it done.
We're dealing with male factor. He's had my husband on letrezole for 6-7 months now. While his natural testosterone is finally starting to rise slightly, every single semen analysis has come back as 0 sperm. Dr. Ahlering does not seem to specialize on the male side of things so we are now seeing a urologist as well. Dr. Alhering also had my husband try HCG for a couple months, but did not keep him consistent with his meds and has been very wishy washy about it. We have to remind him what he's had us do every time we speak and the plan always seems to be unclear which has been very frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The HCG was very expensive, around $300 per order which we've done 2-3 now. The letrezole was cheap, maybe $30 or so. We have not done IVF yet but we are looking at around $23,000 all in including meds and genetic testing.
We have not gotten to this point in the process yet.
Chesterfield

Weaknesses: Sometimes [MCRM] running behind with scheduled appointment time; I often felt like I need to ask basic questions that I should have been informed of, such as, what certain medications would be helping with, what lab values meant and if good or bad, etc. ... Strengths: Availability of getting an appointment was never an issue; Overall, compassionate, nurses frequently reached out to see how I was doing;
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths: Availability of getting an appointment was never an issue; Overall, compassionate, nurses frequently reached out to see how I was doing; Weaknesses: Sometimes running behind with scheduled appointment time; I often felt like I need to ask basic questions that I should have been informed of, such as, what certain medications would be helping with, what lab values meant and if good or bad, etc.
Dr. Ahlering and MCRM really personalized my care and did not treat me or my use case like others. I felt like my care was individualized.
The nursing staff, including my coordinator, have always been very helpful throughout this whole process. They are always available for questions, no matter how many are asked or how many are repetitive.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering has been very helpful. He is super knowledgable about fertility and the appropriate steps that need to be taken. He is very heavy on the research side of things, often referencing when good research has been done or has not been done and using that as part of the discussions held. Sometimes this is hard to follow and understand if it's part of an approach he wants to take as part of the treatment or if it is just research related to the issues at hand. Overall, Dr. Ahlering has been good with my treatment plan, however, do wish he expressed more compassion and confidence that things are/were going to be okay and work.
Be sure to ask a lot of questions that you have and keep track of the topics you want to discuss.
During the first 3 IUIs, Gonal F was used as the shot given to help with ovulation. Negative pregnancy tests resulted with all 3. During my first IVF retrieval, a combination of Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Menopur were used followed by Lupron and HcG as trigger shots. We had 2 embryos as the outcome and evaluated with genetic testing. Genetic testing showed 1 abnormal embryo and 1 low mosaic embryo. The risks of the low mosaic embryo were discussed and decided not to transfer this one right away. Instead, doing another retrieval to help produce better or more embryos. The second IVF retrieval protocol was the same with the addition of Clomid, to help stimulate the 4 follicles that did not grow during the first IVF. Nine mature eggs were retrieved, however, zero were able to move on to genetic testing due to growth of the embryos never reaching blastocyst. Because we did not have any embryos, we will be doing another retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Due to having insurance, costs were much less than those who do not have coverage. On average, the retrievals+meds were ~$6300.
Chesterfield

The clinic operates well and is very clean. The lady who takes your blood is such a nice person. I have a hug amount of anxiety to needles and she makes me comfortable and I usually end up laughing through it and not even realizing that she took my blood. Weaknesses are not knowing who to go to if you don't like what your coordinator has told you to verify. There should be some checks and balances on what they tell you and say.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr. Aherling is awesome! Most of his staff is also professional and caring. I only have had 1 bad staff member that was not very empathetic of a bad egg retrieval. That was disheartening as this is an emotional time and I was treated as this was just a walk in the park and not that our dreams were crushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Van Winkle)
I specifically asked her to look over my medications to see if we had what we needed. She looked at them and said yes, you are good, next day we did not have enough and had to drive hours to get it. We had a time window and almost did not make it. She also told me the wrong instructions on a shot dosage. Then when our eggs failed and I asked what was next...Her words were very un-compassionate and unprofessional. All of the other nurses have been wonderful!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Aherling is very compassionate and tries to make it work as efficiently as he can. He is thorough and has a great bed side manner. He explains the procedure and the why's of what might have gone wrong and what can be done better. I wish we would see him more often when we go in for checks.
Make sure to have room on your credit card.
Start off with a consultation and even that day he took me in and looked at ovarian reserve. Did some bloodwork and came up with a plan. Once we started medications were as follows Provera, Omnitrope, Clomid, follistim, menopur, Novorel, Luperide, then progesterone and endometrium
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I have insurance but its 80/20 with a $5000 copay and I had to pay a deposit of $2000 plus extras like embryo scope $800, nanosperm, $600, embryo glue $100, and anesthesia $500
We have not gotten to this stage yet, we briefly discussed this but he would not give a number until he said we had some viable embryo's for transfer. His words are...you only need one to get a baby. Let's go with that first and see what happens

Male Factor, Other
They [MCRM] organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well ... Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! ... Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Jen Bader is the patient coordinator and she does a great job and connecting patients with other patients and making everyone feel like a family. They organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well
I felt like a human because Dr. Ahlering was ALWAYS so patient and so kind. He went into so much detail explaining everything to me. I never felt rushed. I would schedule a call with him when we felt concerned and he always had the ability to calm us down.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson and Courtney Mitan )
Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! She was super organized and would call me often to touch base. Love her. I actually miss her. Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate. She constantly checked in on me to check how I was doing and always answered all 1,000 of my questions. She became a friend to me!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable and caring. You could tell he was extremely sincere. He was right about everything he predicted. We were concerned we needed a sperm donor and he assured us that wasn’t necessary and he was correct. This is truly his passion! We drove 6 hours every time to meet with him because he was so much better than our local clinic.
Voice your concerns to him. He’s patient and understanding and will be very straight forward with you.
He recommended egg banking due to my husband’s severe DNA fragmentation and my low reserve so we would have several chances at making healthy embryos. Meds: Omnitrope, Gonal F, Lupron+Pregnyl dual trigger, Menopur, Cetrotide, Estrace, PIO, Endometrin, Vivelle patches We also did two months of Lupron therapy prior to first transfer. 2nd transfer we did a modified Lupron therapy for about a month before and they changed my progesterone protocol to taking the inserts every day instead of every other. PIO until week 9
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
2 Cycle Oocyte/Embryo Banking $14,450.00 DNA fragmentation $300.00 Positive sperm selection $200.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Sperm sample $200.00 Sperm freeze $250.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Receptiva $690.00 PGS $1,950.00 PGS Shipping charge $100.00 FET #2 $3,800.00 Embryo storage fee $500
For our first transfer Dr. A recommended only one embryo and we understood his reasons why. For our 2nd transfer we were transparent and said we couldn’t afford two more transfers and meds and also couldn’t handle the stress of two more transfers. He was supportive and was on board with transferring 2 PGS normals.
Chesterfield

Overall, this [MCRM] is a good clinic for patients with ongoing infertility issues. I feel that my personal situation would better be suited for a center that specializes in IUI. However, Dr. Ahlering is seemingly the the pinnacle for reproductive services as a physician.... My nursing care coordinator, Christina, seemed intersted in my personal care. However, she neglected to return important phone calls in a timely matter and was unable to answer many questions regarding my care plan.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Overall, this is a good clinic for patients with ongoing infertility issues. I feel that my personal situation would better be suited for a center that specializes in IUI. However, Dr. Ahlering is seemingly the the pinnacle for reproductive services as a physician.
Overall, I felt like a human after the visit my husband and I have with Dr. Ahlering. During the IUI process, however, I felt like a number. The process was very quick and I felt as though the practitioner was rushed and had no time to talk or answer any questions I had. Additionally, I waiting 24 hours longer than I should have had to for serum beta results, which made me feel like a number.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable. I feel that for patients with female factor infertility, he is the pinnacle of reproductive specialists. However, as an individual couple with male factor infertility (my husband has a history of leukemia) I feel as though a lot of our questions were ambiguiously answered or unanswered.
Have questions ready before you enter the office.
With no female factor infertility, we simply treated my IUI using donor sperm with letrozole, a trigger shot, and prometrium The letrozole started after CD3 ultrasound, trigger shot 36 hours prior to IUI, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 days after IUI until serum beta 2.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Consults: $80 Transvaginal Ultrasound: $250 IUI: $500 Lab work: to be determined
Not applicable.
Chesterfield
[MCRM's] Strength- Mosy everyone I’ve been in contact with has been lovely, kind, compassionate, and cooperative. Weakness- The phlebotomist is very good, but also arrives 15min late frequently. I was told lab opened at 7:30, but she doesn’t arrive until 7:45 most days. That puts a strain on my work.... Christina Romacker and Shelly are absolutely wonderful. Ceara was very nice, but didn’t seem the most confident. Maybe it’s just her quieter nature.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
During my consultation, she was very kind and looked me in the eye. I felt at ease.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has a very caring and compassionate nature. I do wish she would have told me from the beginning that she preferred us to do ivf given my husband’s results. However, she knew I wanted low intervention if possible. I guess there is no harm in trying a few $1000 IUIs before going to $20,000 ivf.
Do your own research on statistics regarding your/your partner’s infertility dx’s. She gave me statistics that were related to just my fertility, no including my husband’s results.
IUI #1- 5mg femara for 5 days. I have pcos, so she skipped the low 2.5mg dose. I ended up needing a second follicular u/s bc the dose was too low for my body. Eventually produced 1 follicle. Ovidrel 100mg for trigger and 100mg progesterone supp for 10 days after IUI. Negative for pregnancy. #2- femara 7.5mg for 5 days. Upped the dose bc I didn’t respond well to 5mg. Produced likely 2 follicles and did not need a second follicular u/s. Ovidrel 100mg for trigger and then progesterone 100mg for 10 days after IUI. Negative for pregnancy. #3- femara 10mg for 5 days. Upped dose hoping to get a confident 2-3 mature follicles. Still in process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$250 for each ultrasound $500 for IUI ~$145 for medication.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

It [MCRM] is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling....Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling.
Dr Aubuchon was our second doctor that we saw at MCRM and wish we would have gone to her first. Dr Alhering was the first doctor we saw and he did not explain that the chances of IUI success for us would be very low, so after the 4th failed IUI we decided to see Dr Aubuchon because my boss had gone to her. She laid everything out for us and had said that the chances for us with IUI were only about 8%, if we would have known that from the beginning we would have gone straight to IVF instead of ultimately wasting $10,000. Dr Ahlering would start talking about male factors which does not apply to our situation because we are both women. I did not feel like he cared about our direct situation. Dr Aubuchon really cared and took the time to talk about everything and really made us feel comfortable. She wrote down everything for us and even made a chart as to what she thought would be our best option in treatment. Unfortunately, since we had already spent so much money, we now have to wait until we have paid off those bills before even moving on.
Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal. She sent me a beautiful letter after our 4th failed IUI, it made me cry that she cared so much about us. It has been a little over a year since we have been in there and she called me to see how we were doing, to let us know that she was thinking about us and that she is rooting for us. She showed us so much compassion that made us feel like we were people, not just patients. She is amazing.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Like I had explained before, we saw her after doing our 4 failed IUI treatments with Dr Ahlering. Dr Aubuchon did all of my actual IUI procedures though and she was always very kind and would explain everything as she was doing it. We had gone to her for a consultation to move onto IVF because she had been so great. She sat there for as long as we needed to literally go over every aspect of what she thought we should do moving forward. She wrote down anything that we would need to look back on and was never judgmental or made us feel rushed. She is a very thoughtful person and we really appreciated her time. I would recommend her to absolutely anyone that is going through fertility treatments.
She can be very technical and will go over every aspect of the procedures. I, personally, loved that about her. I did not feel like I had to many questions since she really had covered everything and had handouts and pictures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
With her we really only had the consult fee, everything else was under Dr Ahlering. Ultrasound, blood work, IUI, medications, etc.

Other, Unexplained
The clinic [MCRM] is very strong in all departments! Each team member is personable and professional. We spent a lot of time at the clinic and all of our experiences were timely, efficient and great experience all around. ... Each nurse, care coordinator and the entire nursing staff exceeded all of our expectations and always went way above and beyond to support us in our journey. They were all extremely responsive, knowledgeable, thoughtful, understanding, personable, and inspirational.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is very strong in all departments! Each team member is personable and professional. We spent a lot of time at the clinic and all of our experiences were timely, efficient and great experience all around. We don't have any complaints and couldn't identify any weaknesses.
Dr. Ahlering always goes out of his way to make me feel like a priority. I have always believed I am an important patient when in his care. One thing I love is that he is always up to speed on my latest treatments and results even when I'm just running into him around the office. My husband and I both find it very comforting that he will always spend as much time with us as we need and that he has never made us feel rushed. We truly feel as though Dr. Ahlering is going through this journey with us, through all the ups and the downs and we are so blessed to have him there every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christine Romacker (timed intercourse & IUI), Jenn Atkinson (retrieval), and Courtney Mitan (transfer))
Each nurse, care coordinator and the entire nursing staff exceeded all of our expectations and always went way above and beyond to support us in our journey. They were all extremely responsive, knowledgeable, thoughtful, understanding, personable, and inspirational. They are extremely passionate about their patients and the work that they do. They make the best team and were such a crucial part of our journey. I truly can't imagine going through this experience without each one of them. They were always there to celebrate our successes and help us through our setbacks. They kept us going when things got tough!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is an amazing doctor! My husband and I trust him completely and are confident we are in the best hands while under his care and guidance. He is both personable and professional, compassionate, understanding, and honest. He has a wealth of knowledge to share and he can do so in various ways in order to help his patients truly understand. For example, he may create a drawing and/or diagrams, present data and statistics, or share his experience. It's amazing how he knows each one of his patients and their stories. I have absolutely loved being his patient and I feel so fortunate to have him as our doctor. In times of sorrow and despair, my husband and I find it most reassuring that we have such an amazing doctor who we are so confident in.
I would advise prospective patients to make the most of their scheduled time with Dr. Ahlering. It is always most productive to come prepared. He is willing to spend as much time with you as you need so take advantage of it while you are there!
I do not recall these specifics.
Dr. Ahlering, my husband and I all agreed single embryo transfers would be best for us.
Chesterfield

There was issues it seemed like when my donor would go in to drop off paperwork or fill out paperwork. ... MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place. They have great resources including a Facebook group for patients to communicate with each other.
I truly felt like everyone cared for your care and your outcome and make you feel like a person and not a number. Everyone was always so friendly and made sure you were taken care of and if you needed anything
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie was always helpful, caring and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable about process and procedures and all FDA regulations. She was patient with us when it was taking a very long time for our donor to get his things done, never did she rush us to get things done or pressure us in any way. It seemed like when we were at our lowest she knew how to make things a bit better.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering truly cares for his patients and does whatever in his power to ensure the outcome they want. Even though we were not successful with obtaining pregnancy. Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. Not only did he make myself feel comfortable with him but he made my husband feel as comfortable as well. He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
Ask questions, no questions is stupid or dumb.
With each IUI cycle it was the same...Letrozole, Follistum, insemination, progesterone, then hcg blood draws 2 weeks later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We had no benefits for health insurance and had to pay for everything out of pocket. Some things they would bill the insurance company and then bill us later. All 3 IUI's were paid for out of pocket.
Chesterfield

Christina [a nurse at MCRM- Chesterfield] is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready... I love this clinic. Expect to be greeted by happy, kind and smiling staff. It's very clean and a positive environment. I almost never had to wait in the waiting room before my appointment which was always nice. I honestly don't have a single weakness to list.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Every time I met with my doctor or nurses they always remembered me by name. I wasn't just another case to them. Even though we didn't have success and are on a break from treatment right now, I still get personalized emails from my nurse asking how my husband and I are doing. It brings a smile to my face every time knowing how much they still care and they are still here for us.
Christina is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I was surprised when I met Dr. Ahlering for the first time. He is the most compassionate, kind and down to earth doctor I've ever had. He listened to mine and my husband's concerns and questions and answered everything clearly until we fully understood.
Be ready to talk and listen to Dr. Ahlering. Your appointment won't be a quick appointment like every other doctor appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I was able to apply for 50% off medication but nothing else was covered under my insurance. Each IUI procedure was $500. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were additional costs. I think all together for 4 IUI cylces, it was close to $5,000. We were also able to do a payment plan.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
We live over 2000 miles from this clinic [MCRM], but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.... The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient. The clinic has "offices" on 2 seperate floors, so its necessary to know where you are going, but if you show up on the wrong floor, it isn't a difficult thing to fix. They work really well to accommodate you and your needs, we live over 2000 miles away and they do phone consults and order some of the pre- testing done nearer to us.
Dr. Ahlering (and his staff) treated me and our treatment plan as if it was their own, as if this was something they were going through with my husband and I. Any questions we had they did their absolute best to answer question, our Nurse coordinator cried with me when she called to deliver the positive pregnancy test news, and even during a subsequent phone consult (we live 2000 miles from the clinic) with Dr. Ahlering about further cycles he remembered the name of our son and that we had a female embryo transfered at the same time that did not survive. We live over 2000 miles from this clinic, but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel)
You will have different nurse coordinators for retrieval and transfer cycles. Both of the coordinators (and the entire staff) were wonderful. They never had a problem answering question after question, were extremely patient and helpful. Rachel (our transfer coordinator) even cried on the phone with me when she called to give us our only positive result after 3 transfers and 7 embryos (2 transfers at a previous clinic).
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics (Tulsa, OK and Springfield, MO). He is very much a talker during this consults and does really well answering all questions and explaining anything you need. He doesnt act at all like he is rushed or needs to get on to the next patient. He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Be prepared to really talk to him, he strives to answer all your questions and make sure you understand the treatment plan, so sometimes consults can be lengthy.
We chose to do 2 cycles and bank the eggs before fertilizing them and doing a transfer. Both cycles were agonist cycles with the use of follistem and gonal-F and a lupron trigger. I was also on estrogen patches and then testosterone patches for the 2nd cycle. The first cycle produced 10 eggs and the second produced 12 (I have reduced ovarian reserve). We then used ICSI and PGS testing. We ended with 4 embryos for testing 2 normal and 2 low level mosaic (which will be used after another 2 egg banking cycles if needed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid around 23,000$ for 2 egg banking cycles, PGS testing, medications, and 3 months of frozen embryo storage.
Dr. Ahlering was fine with us transfering 2 PGS tested embryos, as I am healthy. I know from others that he will suggest only one embryo in certain cases. He has also suggested using our low level mosaic embryos if the planned 2 egg banking cycles are not successful.

IUI, 2 IVF
Strength [MCRM- Chesterfield] would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.... $20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer... Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
IUI, 2 IVF
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield

I have had a couple nursing coordinators [at MCRM] but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me...After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The biggest strength of the clinic [MCRM] is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment
Chesterfield

MCRM was Very helpful, kind, compassionate. They treated us as they would want their family members treated. We were having a couple issues getting some paperwork from our insurance and Mel went above and beyond to help me track down the paper we needed in time to start our planned cycle. Since we live in Oklahoma we were provided a medication class in Tulsa we could attend to learn about the medication and how to draw our meds without having to drive 6 hours to Chesterfield. They also work with a few doctors in the Tulsa area so we could do all our labs and ultrasounds at their offices and again not have to travel 6 hours weekly
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering and his office staff are very helpful, kind and courteous. They answer all questions you may have and help you in whatever way they can. We loved working with them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
All of the staff we worked with including Mel, Lindsey, and Courtney were very good! Great communication with all, helpful when we needed help, and quick to respond
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I loved how Dr Ahlering was very blunt and honest with you and didn’t lead you on to believe that every IVF story is a success. He had great bedside manner! He did make sure all of our questions were answered and that we understood what to expect. He even made time for phone calls to check on us before and after our IVF cycle. He spoke to my husband and I as humans and made us feel comfortable about the situation.
Be prepared financially for an immediate second cycle if need Be. This process is a roller coaster of emotions and a waiting game so prepare yourself and remember not every IVF story is a success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We did pay about $6,200 out of pockets but we also had helpbwith our insurance company
Dr. Ahlering strongly recommended transferring one embryo at a time but would do as you asked. We understood his reasoning as a multiple pregnancy comes with complications and with us already having trouble getting pregnant thisbwould not be ideal. Also sometime when you have a multiple pregnancy one baby can take from the other causing one not to make it.
Chesterfield

The nurse [at MCRM] we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is small but quiet and easy to navigate. When we first visited they gave us a tour and all the procedure rooms are on the ground floor while the offices are on the second. It’s comfy and cheery with babies from previous cycles lining the halls!
Mira has personally phoned us to let’s us know results of lab work and what our next steps are in the process. She doesn’t push more expensive treatments if she doesn’t feel they’re needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
The nurse we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She’s a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
Take her advice! We were initially told that with our sperm count levels there was no way my husband would have a biological child and now Mira is putting my husband on medications and shots to try and get his production up enough for ICSI!
We haven’t gone through any procedures at this time besides the initial SA and day 3 US
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Fresh cycle is 11,000 with ICSI or silver package They’re gold package insides ICSI with PGS testing on 8 embryos 15,500 Platinum package includes PICSI, nano beads, PGS testing and 24 hour monitor of embryos 16,500

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic [MCRM- Chesterfield] and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
This has not yet come up for us.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.... They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A [Ahlering] all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.

1 Egg Frozen
We had a fertility consultant Jennifer [at MCRM] who was assigned to use she was available to us almost 24/7. We were also able to speak with doctor Ahlering and the embryologist after a failed cycle to discuss possible solutions to our infertility...The first egg retrieval we used my husbands frozen sperm and that resulted in no embryos by day 5. The second cycle we used fresh sperm and that resulted in one viable embryo...
1 Egg Frozen
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is amazing at catering to their out of town patients. They make it so easy because they work hand in hand with my ob/gyn and make trips to my town every month so that we feel just as important as their in town patients. They have started doing procedures in my town because of the overwhelming need for great fertility specialists.
We had a fertility consultant Jennifer who was assigned to use she was available to us almost 24/7. We were also able to speak with doctor Ahlering and the embryologist after a failed cycle to discuss possible solutions to our infertility. Also, Jen Bader and all of his staff are so friendly and knowledgeable that speak to you in such a caring and friendly manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Atkinson)
I cannot say enough about how fantastic each and every person at the clinic is. They are knowledgeable in their field, compassionate towards their patients/patient spouses and listen to the needs of those they are taking care of. They are quick to respond to emails and phone calls which makes the process so smooth. They are fantastic people and make it easy to choose them again.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering was very kind and patient with us. He explained each step thoroughly and called us directly to discuss our treatment because we are 6 hours from the clinic. He has set up an extremely knowledgeable staff that is just as compassionate about infertility as he is. He listened to our needs and concerns and addressed them promptly. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Dr Ahlering or his facility. Even after our first cycle failed, we knew he did everything possible to comfort us and figure out how to correct the problem for the next cycle which resulted in our daughter.
Attend the classes his clinic offers. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and you will benefit greatly from the classes. The more you know and understand the easier the process is.
I was prescribed hormone injections for almost 3 weeks. I took medication such as gonal f, cetrotide (which gave me a burning red rash for a few minutes after injection) and azythromycin. I had no problems with any of the injections and benefitted greatly from taking the medications class. I took the same medications for both cycles. The first egg retrieval we used my husbands frozen sperm and that resulted in no embryos by day 5. The second cycle we used fresh sperm and that resulted in one viable embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The entire cycle was between $10,000-$12,000. The medications were an additional $3,000-$3,500.
I love that Dr Ahlering had so much confidence in his methods that he told us if we put in two embryos we should be prepared to have twins. That definitely eased our minds and made us believe we were choosing the right doctor.
Chesterfield

Our coordinator [at MCRM], Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.... You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Sometimes they [MCRM] seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions...My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen.
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
Chesterfield

This clinic [MCRM] is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
Dr. Aubuchon was so patient and kind. She was our second doctor after my Endometriosis diagnosis and several surgeries. We were nervous and scared, but she eased all of that right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
Every nurse in this clinic is wonderful! They are completely invested (emotionally) in your journey. I specifically remember how heartbroken our nurse was when she had to call us to explain that our IUI results were negative.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why. She is very passionate about what she does, and she cares about her patients. We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment". She is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend her to any family member or best friend.
Be patient, the clinic is very busy, but it is so worth it!
I don't remember a lot about our IUI cycle. It was kind of a whirlwind experience because it all happened to fast but I did a cycle of injectable medication along with Femera (I think) and a trigger shot. My IUI was very painful because of my Endometriosis and resulted in a negative pregnancy. Which is why we would like to move on to IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The costs were as expected. No higher or lower than other places. However, they do have discount programs that can be applied for.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care.
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
Chesterfield

Our IVF "Gold" package [at MCRM] was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place...Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Jen [nurse at MCRM] has a lot of work cut out for her every month. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her...They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!...The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.
Chesterfield

The staff [at MCRM] was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat...Christina [nurse] was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times...I received an IUI treatment through a drawing at one of their events for patients and previous patients. However I believe each ultrasound was $250. Not sure how much blood work cost or what the cost of the meds were
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff was very nice and always greeted you with a smile. The only thing I would point out is sometimes a question might get lost in the portal. After a couple of days I would contact them directly and ask to speak to someone that could help
Dr. Ahlering was so amazing to work with. Something I will not forget is that he called me after hours to see how I was doing after the IUI. It amazed me that the doctor would reach out to me personally. I’ve never had that happen with ANY doctor period. The staff was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Going to see a new doctor is always very worrisome. What are they going to say? What are they going to do? Of course I have questions after 2 failed IUIs what’s next. He answered all of my questions and gave me different options. Going through this journey is already difficult enough but I felt he was really caring and sincere. After my IUI the doctor called me after hours to check and see how I was doing! I was so impressed by that! He really treated me like a human being! He’s a great doctor and would recommend to any of my friends going through the same situation.
I would tell them to take the information in, review and make your decision. A lot of options were given and it can be overwhelming but in the end you need to know ALL of your options and with the help of your doctor chose what is best for you.
I don’t remember specifics I just remember my husband and i were put on Clomid and i had to take a trigger shot a day before my IUI

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor [from MCRM] in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle...
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- Technology, offices are beautiful, ratio of staff to patients is good, good communication at MCRM (not Dr. Nilson), more affordable than most places. Weaknesses- Poor bedside manner by both Ahlering and Nilson, the set up of seeing Tulsa patients when the doctor is in St. Louis, poor egg retrieval protocol. Overall, they just treat patients like a number and I felt like my retrieval was an assembly line.
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
Shawnie was great. I liked MCRM's communication better than Bundren's. I could get a response much faster.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering was a nice guy, I think the set up with seeing Tulsa patients was less than ideal. I had several snags in my cycle and he was available to talk to me and worked with us after our cycle almost got cancelled due to Dr. Nilson's office errors. The egg retrieval was a nightmare. They made me walk into the operating room and they started doing stuff before I was under anesthesia. I basically had to beg them to put me under since it was hurting. When they were done with the retrieval, they woke me up and immediately made me walk out of the operating room. They sat me in a chair in this huge room that had multiple recovery areas-and I was left alone in this recovery area. They wouldn't let me lie down, insisting I needed to wake up. I was confused by this since it took me hours to recover after my retrieval with Bundren. I was able to find my phone and have my husband come and get me and we left immediately. I was extremely traumatized by this- mentally and physically. I had to go see a physical therapist to fix my pelvic floor, there is no proof it was because of this incident but it all began after this cycle in 2015.
It's affordable, but for a reason. Only do it if it's your only option or you live in St. Louis.
I used Follistim and Menopur just the same as with Bundren. My drugs were very similar, but he used a lot less than Bundren, and I got less results as well. I had a lot more blood tests than before and I was not progressing as expected. I expressed my concerns to Ahlering and asked that he try longer instead of cancelling our cycle. So I was on less medication for a longer period of time. I only got 12 eggs, and none fertilized with no explanation. Dr. Bundren was perplexed by this when I told him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF cycle was about $12,000 with meds, etc. But we never got a transfer and they didn't take that cost off of our bill. Meds were the same $100 per IU.
Unknown

PCOS, Unexplained
We are new to the MCRM clinic and haven't started our IVF cycle, but all interactions with the nursing staff have been amazing!...There are different packages to choose from in regards to costs and the coordinators work with you on applying for grants and financial aid...staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
As we are new to MCRM the process has been overwhelming, but the one positive in this whole process has been the amazing staff at MCRM. After interviewing several doctors and using FertilityIQ to determine who we wanted to move forward with the MCRM staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
Dr. Ahlering took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We are new to the MCRM clinic, but Dr. Ahlering ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process. Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances.
Ask questions and if you don't understand something ask MORE questions.
Chesterfield

Our initial visit with the financial department [at MCRM] shared basic information for 1 IVF cycle. After more diagnostic testing, were were given other options of packages. All options were ok, we just didn't know there was a possibility of other options. We so weren't aware that certain discounts would not apply under a package vs a single cycle...-IVF package quoted at $29,500. We have not yet undergone this process. -roughly $1,000 out of pocket expenses so far with diagnostic testing
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths: science, confidentiality, compassionate, great location Weakness: financial information was not the most forthcoming. It required us to ask intricate questions to assure we had a clear understanding.
At times, certain diagnostic results require normative data. At times, sitting face to face with the doctor is what you need. Data drives treatment as well as bedside manner. Both have necessary roles.
The nursing staff had been quick to respond, present professionally and compassionately. At times, I am unclear if my appointment is done ore if I am needing to be see for something else.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering has been professional, knowledgeable, and an open-book. There are tines I wish I knew more information, so I ask. He always answers with evidence based research and does not hesitate to repeat a diagnostic procedure if results were unclear.
Take your plan step by step. It's ok to know what you don't know.
-full lab workup for partner and myself -Clomid and thyriod medication for partner -continue with vitamin regimen as desired -ultrasound for myself to assess follicle count, tubes, uterine lining, and health of reproductive anatomy -ultrasound for partner to assess for varicocele -repeat SA as needed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We asked about the science behind 1 embryo vs multiple and Dr. Ahlering shared information about age, egg quality, risk of multiples during pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Strengths [of MCRM] were friendlyness, caring, fun to be around, relaxed, and we even had fun events as a clinic like a baseball game and BBQ. Weakness I would say is wait time for appointments. But the waiting room had coffee, water, and snacks which was pretty awesome....$1,500 retainer fee due at time of choice of the clinic to book your cycle. $500 for anesthesia for egg retrieval. $1,500 for meds that we ordered
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths were friendlyness, caring, fun to be around, relaxed, and we even had fun events as a clinic like a baseball game and BBQ. Weakness I would say is wait time for appointments. But the waiting room had coffee, water, and snacks which was pretty awesome.
Dr.A always spoke to us like he knew us personally. From the consultation until the transfer day, he always had a very warm smile and welcoming demeanor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ciara )
They are all incredibly friendly and fun to be around! They answered all emails and phone calls in a very quick manor and never got frustrated when I asked a million and one questions about treatment or what ifs or something I found on google.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr.A was an amazing doctor. I loved that he was very blunt when asked questions. When going through the process some doctors may try to paint pictures of the treatment and sugar coat them to make it easier to accept and he didn’t do that. When asked if he would suggest something (ICSI, PGS testing) he gave honest feedback and not the answer that would benefit the clinic the most.
Ask any and all questions. He loves when you ask questions and wants to make sure you understand completely.
My protocol included follistim, menopur, HCG and Lupron trigger, vaginal progesterone inserts, estrogen patch, PIO, cetrotide, and endometrin pills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He will be very honest about what he thinks is the best idea for you to transfer. The clinic typically will not transfer more than 2 eggs at a time.

Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [MCRM-Chesterfield] does have a remote clinic in my town for consultations but the main clinic is a few hours away. Every staff I encounter is friendly and helpful. The financial staff are great about explaining options... Kristin was very kind and helpful in setting our appointments and making sure any questions were answered.. the clinic offers a single egg retrieval for about 16,000 to 18,000 or 3 egg retrievals at about 35,000
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic does have a remote clinic in my town for consultations but the main clinic is a few hours away. Every staff I encounter is friendly and helpful. The financial staff are great about explaining options
She was kind and made sure we understood the diagnosis and treatment options
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is very detailed when discussing diagnosis and issues. She is very calm during procedures. Even while we are trying to secure finances to proceed with treatment, she still reaches out to see how things are going and if she can help.
She is wonderful at easing your nerves
Previously, I used Clomid which did allow me to ovulate but I don't without it. She used blood work and ultrasound to determine if there were any other issues. She found no specific reason that I don't ovulate. For my husband, a very specific semen analysis found that while motility was good, there was no forward movement which is another cause of our infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The insurance I had in the beginning of treatment was great to cover ultrasounds and labs. Unfortunately, I had to change to an insurance that was out of network. We have been trying to secure finances for the IVF procedure and the clinic offers a single egg retrieval for about 16,000 to 18,000 or 3 egg retrievals at about 35,000
When she said IVF was our best option, she stated she would use all viable embryos in the transfer for our best chance

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
MCRM is an excellent clinic & I would highly recommend them. However, their billing department was really confusing to deal with at the beginning when going over treatment options & I found that frustrating. Otherwise, I’ve had great experiences with staff and the facilities are top-notch. They even have their own on-site surgery center for retrievals
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Really great hand-on care from nurses and coordinators
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoelting)
We communicated primarily through the email function of the portal. Responses were timely and thorough
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I appreciated Dr Ahlering’s candor and honesty in terms of success rates. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and was honest about my prognosis. He was also very open to my opinions regarding treatment protocols
He doesn’t offer much guidance in terms of supplements or lifestyle changes to support IVF, so do your own research on that
I have DOR (AFC 2-4) and am older than the average patient. Dr. Ahlering used lupron to prevent early recruitment, then had me prime with Omnitrope & testosterone patches. He used an antagonist protocol starting with 225 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur, later adding in Cetrotide. Dual trigger of Lupron & hCG. 5 eggs retrieved, all mature & fertilized, 3 embryos all PGS normal
Roughly $18,000 for one retrieval under anesthesia, PGS testing & one FET
He prefers single embryo transfers for PGS tested embryos
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on...Was suppose to have blood work done, but the front office didn't know. So I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone finally telling me I needed to get my blood drawn. Waited over an hour for some appointments.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.... I have only spoke with Jen through e-mail so far. She is very 'to the point' and short in her answers. She is not rude or mean, just very quick with reply length. She has been great to answer questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is one of the best/the best in the area. They are good with letting you know what all they offer. Pricing is not as clear cut as I wish. I have to work with their finance dept a LOT.
She took the time to explain things to us and relate them to our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Farley)
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She goes over the facts. She is very straight forward. I feel like she gave us all the information we needed. I would have liked paper copies of all the test results. I assume if I asked, she would provide them. We decided on our own to pursue IVF instead of IUI.
Ask all the questions that you have. She does a great job of answering questions and telling you facts. But she doesnt anticipate additional questions or give extra information
We are currently going through IVF. We will be starting the medication soon. We first did sperm analysis testing and blood work. We did an hsg and more blood work and tried my husband on clomid. She was good about seeing if there were any alternatives.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I am still in the process of working out costs. Dena in the financial office is who I am working with.

Male Factor, Other
My first nurse [at MCRM] did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer...There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses...My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000 [for IVF]...Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they [MCRM] have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit...he nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is wonderful! He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He is patient and kind. He really takes his time to answer questions and reassure you. He was open to ideas that I had and gave me his honest opinions. I never felt discriminated against because I'm a single mother by choice.
Tell him everything that is bothering you or anything you have questions about. He will take the time to help you!
I had one or two egg retrievals. I had failed IUI at a previous clinic, so we didn't waste time with that. I don't remember exactly all of the drugs I was on to stim, but I know it was way less than with my previous doctor and I got the same number of eggs every time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Most of it was covered by insurance

Endometriosis, Male Factor
It's a small and clean office [MCRM]. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism...[Nurse] Rachel is smart, caring and fun! She held my hand during retrieval and transfer. She made sure I could always reach her if I needed anything...
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's a small and clean office. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism.
I was an out of state patient and my IVF coordinator called to check on me and made sure I could reach her on weekends and after hours. She even sent me an email on Thanksgiving when I needed help. Dr. Ahlering's staff went above and beyond for me.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is warm, kind and very smart. He treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one.
Make sure you understand the drug protocols before you need to administer the injections.
My husband took clomid and ovidrel to prepare for the cycle. Follistim cd5-11 Menopur cd 9. &11 Ganirelix cd 11 Dual trigger Hcg boosters after retrieval
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was an out of state patient and saw another doctor for monitoring. However, MCRM called with results the same day.
$7,500 basic fresh cycle for out of state patient

IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Welcoming clinic [MCRM]. The clinic was always Clean and friendly. They did a good job of making you feel comfortable.... Some miscommunication between physician and nurses but overall they were good.... Doctor was planning on frozen and IVF coordinator (RN) sent fresh transfer meds to the pharmacy for me to pick up. The morning of the retrieval the doctor was planning on a frozen but I was planning on a fresh.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Welcoming clinic. The clinic was always Clean and friendly. They did a good job of making you feel comfortable. They separated the clinic from the embryology lab/procedure area. They gave a good tour of the clinic.
Personable to me and my husband but the clinic does “batch” cycles so that made us feel less of a human and more of a number
Some miscommunication between physician and nurses but overall they were good.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Overall she’s great! She’s very smart and had an idea of things that might make things more difficult for us. She was very honest if you asked her a question. Things that I would have like to see different was better explanation of things/expectations especially during the IVF stims. We would see her for our monitoring but she would never give us an idea if things were going as planned or if she had any concerns.
Ask more questions
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Depends on the needs. There were 3 different packages. Because we used donor sperm we were able to use the cheapest package and pay “al a carte” for PGS testing. We also received $1000 discount for our jobs. The package that included a fresh or frozen transfer, ICSI, and embryo glue was $10500 (not including meds) + PGS. Each additional transfer was $3800 (not including meds).
I was ONLY interested in transferring 1 embryo at a time so there was really no discussion about it.

2016 - 2019
The clinic [MCRM] is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point...Everyone that I’ve met so far from the clinic has been very compassionate & caring. Going through infertility is a hard time, and everyone seems to care greatly about the patients
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point.
Dr. Ahlering explained everything in great detail, but still in a very caring way. He put me to ease during a difficult time.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful.
Be prepared to get the ball rolling. His clinic & him are all so helpful & keep things moving. It feels like all hands on deck.
We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are just beginning our process. They have a financial coordinator assigned to me that I will meet with next week.
Unsure at the time in our IVF cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [MCRM Nurses] where quick to return calls and emails. Very helpful and informative... Easy to locate. Very clean there where no smells. Everyone there new their job and things went very quick. They ensured we had what we needed prior to leaving Everyone was helpful and went the extra mile. Are private information was kept private... I loved everyone in his office. They are quick to get back with you and ensure your understanding and okay.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
They where quick to return calls and emails. Very helpful and informative
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I loved everyone in his office. They are quick to get back with you and ensure your understanding and okay. He never made me feel like I was wasting my time or money. He looked over all results and said I think we can have a baby. He sent us for routine testing and found out my tube was blocked Upon egg retrieval we got 15 and within 24 hours 8 had fertilized own their own. We are still waiting but everything so far looks hopeful
Read everything and ensure you understand. If not ask.
We used birth control to regulate cycle. Folistim 225 mcg daily, grandulix 150 to 250 daily until after retrieval then it was twice daily for 2 days, menulix 75 daily. Then the two trigger shots
Total cost for everything so far is over 20 thousand
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
They [MCRM] all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls. ... Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls.
Dr Aubuchon is very involved and concerned with our feeling, very hands on
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen A, Kristin and Rachel)
They are very caring and involved, they work together to help everything go smoothly. Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She is very involved, describes every detail. Answers all questions and makes sure you understand and does her best to explain differently if needed. Easy to contact, emailed back even after hours, seen her at all our appts. She was very supportive when we miscarried twins at 11 weeks and helped explain what happened, how to move forward when we were ready and what we could do differently. Very compassionate and understanding.
Always ask questions, she wants you to be involved and know exactly what's happening and make that personal connection.
She is very open and discusses the options and what she feels is best. She only transfers 1 or 2 5 day embryos. She says there is no reason for more to be transferred that it's very irresponsible of Drs that do more. She explains the possible outcomes for each choice

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

The staff at MCRM is incredible!... Very clean and organized clinic and staff. I love how they are willing to travel other places to cater to patients like myself who do not live close to Chesterfield. It helped that we only had to go to Chesterfield for our retrieval and transfer since we live almost 5 hours away... Communication was always quick and answers were very thorough when I didn’t understand something
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at MCRM is incredible! They are very personable whereas the first doctor I went to seemed like he just wanted your money and wasn’t my personable at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel W & Courtney M)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very professional and informative! We live near Tulsa, OK so only met with him a couple of times when he came from Chesterfield. I always felt like I was in the right hands from the second I met him! He always had a positive outlook on things and insured that he would do what is always best for us and our future.
To not even think about seeing a different doctor and wasting your time somewhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Medical was close to $10,000 and treatment was around $20,000. My insurance only paid very little for some transfer meds
Chesterfield

Ceara [nurse at MCRM] was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds...saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs...It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful office. All of the front office staff is nice. Pretty easy to call and get ahold of people. They have complimentary coffee and water. It’s a nice atmosphere. It’s nics just a nice facility overall.
I felt like everyone was really nice, but especially the nurses and the physician assistant, they were so nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara(PA) and Christina )
Ceara was awesome. She would always email me/message me back right away and she was always really compassionate. She did most of my ultrasounds and she even did one of my IUIs. I saw and was in communication more with Ceara than Dr. Aubuchon and she even did one of my IUIs. I really liked her.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She was very nice and thorough during our consultation. She explained all of the options, explained what was causing our infertility, and gave us a run down of everything. Outside of that, I only saw her a handful of times. But when I did see her, she was nice.
I’m not sure.
Did two IUIs with Aubuchon. I did Letrozole for 5 days from days 3-7 of my cycle. I went in on CD 11 for follicle check and had to come back in on CD 15 to check again. Triggered with ovedril on CD 17 and had IUI on CD18.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
IUIs cost $500. My monitoring was covered by insurance so I’m not sure about that cost.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Weakness- Team [MCRM] is not organized and needs to communicate better... I think his [Dr. Ahlering] team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized...Christina is great, no complaints. She really cares and she is on top of the IUI schedule....IUI is about $1,700 a time. IVF (silver plan) is $16,500 for everything. Includes ICSI...I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- Team is not organized and needs to communicate better. Strength- Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Dr. A explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel like a human because you can tell he really cares most about getting you pregnant.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay. I think his team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized.
Be patient. Try not to stress too much, it will cause several setbacks.
Right now we are trying IUI because we cannot afford IVF at this time. Likelihood of successful IUI is 10% each time. Protocol is 3 Letrozole 7.5mg for 5 days. Trigger shot. Progesterone for 10 days after IUI. Dr. A told us with IVF we have 85% of success with 2 IVF cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Haven't found out what he prefers yet. Once we are able to do IVF I will hopefully know.
Chesterfield

[MCRM was] Very clean and organized. The rooms were nicely decorated to nake you feel more at home. Location is easy to find and very comfortable. It is a place I don’t feel nervous in because I know I am in good hands...There was some initial confusion with our insurance but the staff cleared it up completely and quickly...only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The entire staff and especially Dr Ahlering treated me and my husband with such compassion. Never made me feel like I was silly for my questions and we so sensitive to our situation.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very thorough and patient. Took his time explaining every result and question I might have. He is passionate about the work he does and it shows through his treatment of patients. I felt like I was in the best hands while there.
Don’t be afraid, he will make you feel comfortable and explain everything no matter how many tines you ask.
We have not had any treatments yet only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He seemed less expansive than other places I had researched. However it’s still very expensive

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you... The biggest strength is going above and beyond for their patients , from events for support and fun to the infertility conference they put on once a year , they really make you feel supported and like you are not alone in this.... We will be doing the gold IVF package , the cost for the package and drugs will be 18,500
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you , it is a great place to go thru this
The staff at MCRM is amazing . They are all sweet and caring and very knowledge .
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We love Dr Ahlering, he explains everything in great detail and answers all our questions , he remains sensitive during this tough time but he also gives us a good laugh and keeps things light during our appointments which we really like. The only complaint we have is when we show up for appointments he doesn’t seemed quite organized and familiar with our file in the beginning and it takes a minute for him to get up to speed , which I know he is very busy so we understand and it’s not a big deal but it is something that could be improved on
You will love MCRM just ask all the questions to can to fully understand everything
We are getting ready to start and IVF cycle in May .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering uses eSET which we prefer and was one of the reasons we picked him. It is safer to not have multiples in a pregnancy and that was not something we were interested in so this fit with our vision

Endometriosis, Male Factor
[MCRM's] Strength are success rates, cutting edge thinking, kind staff and experience !! They think outside the box and communicate well 90% of the time I got timely contact, occasionally took a bit longer but I understand how this is... His [Dr. Ahlering's] “default” recommendation is One at a time..and he thorough explains why multiples is not recommended, he does a lot of pgs so this is a big reason why... I worked with a few [nurses] over time and generally thought they were all very good, responsive, kind.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The doctor and staff are amazing, lots of communication and attention. Dr. Ahlering has so much knowledge and experience!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay and Rachel)
I worked with a few over time and generally thought they were all very good, responsive, kind.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He has a lot of experience in infertility and has also been an OB Gyn. So he knows a lot. He is kind, explains things well and listens. He is always friendly, takes time to explain complicated ideas and answers questions
He is very approachable, so ask questions and communicate your problems
He individualizes the treatment it seems and thinks over what the problems are to address them. They have an analytics program also to predict your individual chances of success. They seem to be cutting edge especially how they manage male infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
All these costs are high but for what they offer it was the best I saw You have to look at These differences
His “default” recommendation is One at a time..and he thorough explains why multiples is not recommended, he does a lot of pgs so this is a big reason why
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.... Christina is excellent at follow through and follow up. Prescriptions are always sent to pharmacy in a timely manner. She responds quickly to patient portal messages and always has time to talk about expectation for the next cycle.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and office setting feels warm and cozy. All of the staff have a smile on their faces and always make you feel like one of the team. I haven't found any weaknesses-- they are always able to accommodate my scheduling needs.
Dr. Aubuchon is amazing! She is straightforward and honest about all aspects of treatment. She welcomes you into her office for initial consult, with a warm smile and handshake. She always seems to know her patients and is always kind.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon is warm and kind. She is very well versed in PCOS and has a special interest in helping PCOS patients conceive. She is always willing to answer questions and is always honest about what to expect with each cycle.
Take a note pad! She will present you with a lot of information and you will want to take it all in!
All cycles have been letrozole, dexamethasone, and Ovidrel.
Chesterfield
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information [from the nurses at MCRM Fertility] but very quick to answer all my questions...Nice atmosphere. Nurses help each other out. Good about helping if/when meds run out. Online portal is a good tool. If not doing a cycle, appointments are more difficult to get. Charged a copay for every time I just met and talked to the Dr in person...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information but very quick to answer all my questions.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
As a visual person, I liked when he explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial).
Ask questions! You can't ask too many.
Egg Retrivial: Cetrotide, Gonal, and Menapour Transfer: (Will be) Estrogen patch and pill, and the pio shots and vaginal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
5500 for PGS and PGD. 100 for meds. 2500 down payment. 500/year for freezing of embryos. Haven't gotten full dollar amount after insurance and from clinic.
Didn't talk to Dr about number. Decided on only 1 myself.
Chesterfield

All very caring staff [at MCRM]. Very respectful but yet can be a lot of fun. They try to have alot of involvement with patients. They do small get together soon, they have a Facebook for patients, they have small gifts for the patient when they graduate. They are awesome... Lindsay was very sweet and loving. She seemed as if she was feeling your emotions as well. She would go above and beyond to make sure you were comfortable with what was going on or help anyway she could.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All very caring staff. Very respectful but yet can be a lot of fun. They try to have alot of involvement with patients. They do small get together soon, they have a Facebook for patients, they have small gifts for the patient when they graduate. They are awesome.
Dr Ahlering talks to you directly, not through nurses. He is very compassionate, but real. He doesn't give you false expectations, but also let's you know that cons. He always leaves you know each person is different.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Vanwinkle)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is very truthful but respectful. He has a sense to him that will leave you feeling very positive and hopeful, but without false hope. He is very caring and is open to listening to your concerns or ideas. He is upbeat and happy and loves his work.
Give him a chance
I am not sure there was a name for our protocol.
He is usually open to leaving that to you unless you have a health condition limiting you of carrying multiples
Chesterfield

The clinic [MCRM] presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.... Our coordinator was enthusiastic, positive, and yet empathetic and compassionate. There were a few miscommunications along the way, as there would be anywhere. However, they were always able to be fixed in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic presents in a professional way with a comfortable atmosphere. Having a list of questions prepared prior to the visit was helpful so that Dr. Aubuchon knew what to cover and where we were at in regards to our treatment expectations.
Dr. Aubuchon treated us with dignity & respect. We felt as if she cared about our pregnancy and baby versus her stats.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon was gentle in delivering information and when speaking with us. We would have liked a deeper explanation of things such as multiple rates, risk, and research. My husband and I also understand not every patient wants that, so the physician is not always well prepared to answer these questions. When there were times that things did not go as planned, or there were difficulties, Dr. Aubuchon did well about listening to us and our decisions.
As always, advocate for yourself. Do not feel bad about asking several questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
$500/IUI, $200/Ultrasound, around $350 for comprehensive SA.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Clinic staff [at MCRM Chesterfield] could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.... She's [a nurse] very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Clinic staff could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.
Doctor and staff are very caring & compassionate.
She's very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable & trustworthy. He was always positive & confident we would be successful. He is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients & helping them achieve their dream of having children.
Write down a list of questions you would like answered.
One stim cycle using Follistum, Ganirelex, menupur, hcg & dual trigger. PGS testing. Egg donor cycle 9 embryos tested & 6 came back normal. Transferred August 2016 but miscarriage in October 2016. Second transfer on 1-30-17 of 2 embryos. Currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with singleton.
25k
He recommends transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time but will transfer two of client prefers.

2014 - 2017
[Nurse at MCRM is] Very nice and compassionate. Sometimes it seems like you get rushed responses to email and they don't always address all your concerns...2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package...Having low ovarian reserve, we are in the middle of embryo banking where we will go through 4 cycles of retrievals and one transfer. We are using nanobead sperm selection and genetic testing on the embryos before any potential transfer.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with MCRM.
We leave 2 hours away and we are not considered "out of town" patients. So we have our monitoring done closer to home but still have to pay for it in our package.
She lets you decide the path you want to take and listens to your concerns. She explains your situation and what she expects the outcome to be the best she can and doesn't push you in a certain direction.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She has done a good job telling us what to expect with our situation while being realistic even if it means we may not have a good result. She is very positive during visits and makes you feel like your questions are important.
If you don't want to make the decision for yourself on your treatment, then you may want a doctor that doesn't care about your thoughts as she is really good and letting you drive what happens with your treatment and doesn't push you into anything.
We haven't covered that in detail yet but she would do no more than 2

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
All strengths [for MCRM-Chesterfield]!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!... Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!... I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He [Dr Peter Ahlering] gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All strengths!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!
He's amazing. Finally...I feel like we have a chance, because he's the best of the best!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: VanWinkle)
Caring, patient, gentle, understanding.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
So compassionate! Not in it for the money...he will do ANYTHING to help you have the baby you so desperately want. He's truly amazing! Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!
Just let him direct you and trust! He knows exactly how to handle every situation.
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
What I paid was almost 40% less than what the clinic usually charges, as he was willing to cut all corners to help us!!! He's truly amazing.