Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?

2 doctors
We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. ... I feel he is very knowledgeable, and does spend a lot of time with his patients. He is a very kind Dr., and will pretty much do what you ask of him. And, if he doesn't know an answer, he will do his best to find out for you. ... For my egg retrieval he gave me gonal-f, menopur. And my trigger shot was ovidrel.
Our previous coordinator made a huge mistake with us. She didn't read our chart thoroughly and we had to cancel a transfer because of her. ... The clinic [MCRM] has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. ...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very smart man, and his statistics speak for themselves.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
At times I really feel like there is a break down of communication with their office and my husband and I. I feel like we have very poor follow up from their clinic. We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. He has been under his care for 3 months. After his 1 month follow-up with the urologist, MCRM contacted us because they said he will need labs after he had just had them drawn and a SA. We hadn't heard from MCRM for at least 2 months, no check ins or anything. And it was like they were demanding that my husband have these tests done. So. I called the urologists office and they said, no it takes 3 months for Clomid to start working and he didn't need to have labs since he had just had them drawn. And when I called MCRM to let them know we'd just follow up with the urologist, they were a little irritated. But, we didn't feel it was necessary. We barely have any communication with them right now. No check ins or anything.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Mitan)
I have only communicated with her through email, but she is always prompt in responding back, and answers all my questions. She is always nice.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. I am so glad I now have coverage for infertility. Last year around this time my previous coordinator made a huge mistake. We had planned to do our transfer in December and the coordinator didn't realize that we had frozen eggs not embryos. Even though she had my chart (I think) and the office wasn't prepared to do our transfer. We didn't know my husband needed to see a urologist to do a work up for his azospermia. Super frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Had to pay out of pocket for some things that I didn't feel that we should have. I feel they are comparable to other clinics.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
Our previous coordinator made a huge mistake with us. She didn't read our chart thoroughly and we had to cancel a transfer because of her. She was following embryo transfer protocol, did not know that we had frozen eggs. Totally lost confidence in her and the clinic that day. I now have a new coordinator and so far she's been great. My previous coordinator was Jennifer Farley.

2019 - 2020
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
[Dr. Aubuchon] is very warm hearted and I feel like she truly cares and wants to help my husband and I conceive our baby. My last visit she was explaining the next steps and she looked at me and said, "I can see you're truly hurting and I want to help in any way I can." And that really made an impression on me. I was just sitting there listening, not really showing any emotion, just listening to what she was explaining and it was like she could see right through me almost. Reading my thoughts. She's a great Doctor and I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know struggling with infertility!
In my time of going to MCRM, I have not had one complaint with them.. They are great to work with and are always willing to help. They give suggestions and allow me to choose and they work with my husband and I nicely since we live so far away...They have all tried to work with my husband and I with the best treatment for our financial situation. And they are always getting back with me, answering all my questions through the patient portal...During my initial consultation, since we live 2 hours away from the clinic they were willing to do everything possible during our consultation. So that included the consult, bloodwork, ultrasound and semen analysis. I had previously had a lot of bloodwork, testing, ultrasounds, along with a procedure to see if my tubes were blocked, all done through my Gyno in another state, so it made my consultation with MCRM quicker.
2019 - 2020
PCOS, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchan is very warm hearted and I feel like she truly cares and wants to help my husband and I conceive our baby. My last visit she was explaining the next steps and she looked at me and said, "I can see you're truly hurting and I want to help in any way I can." And that really made an impression on me. I was just sitting there listening, not really showing any emotion, just listening to what she was explaining and it was like she could see right through me almost. Reading my thoughts. She's a great Doctor and I would definitely recommend her to anyone I know struggling with infertility!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She puts herself in your shoes and truly cares about your specific situation. And she explains everything in great detail. My advice would be to be completely open about everything and always be willing to ask as many questions as you want because they are there to help you. And that's exactly what they do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
From day one of starting at MCRM everyone has been very kind, helpful and understanding. They have all tried to work with my husband and I with the best treatment for our financial situation. And they are always getting back with me, answering all my questions through the patient portal. I highly recommend MCRM!
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
During my initial consultation, since we live 2 hours away from the clinic they were willing to do everything possible during our consultation. So that included the consult, bloodwork, ultrasound and semen analysis. I had previously had a lot of bloodwork, testing, ultrasounds, along with a procedure to see if my tubes were blocked, all done through my Gyno in another state, so it made my consultation with MCRM quicker. All the results came back "normal" and they wanted to start me on 50 MG of Clomid for three cycles. They diagnosed my husband and I with unexplained infertility. Clomid did not work, I gained water weight from Clomid. Due to financial reasons, we took a long break in treatment. Trying to decide what to do and hopefully conceive naturally while we were taking a break and trying to stress less. However, stressing less is nearly impossible when trying to conceive! I would have normal cycles then randomly go a month or two without one. So one particular month, I was on cycle day 83 and I reached out to Dr Aubuchan. Told her what was going on and she wanted me to come back since it had been a while since our last visit. She done another ultrasound and everything seemed to look okay. She prescribed me 500mg of Metformin. However, I have not continued taking it after I took a couple pills. Reading some things about it, it scared me and I just didn't feel comfortable taking it. I am now tracking my ovulation more closely, eating healthier, drinking more water, staying active and destressing my life as much as possible. I have also just began taking CoQ10 gummies which help with egg quality. I'm doing everything I can to make my body stronger so conceiving will be easier.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at MCRM.
They are quick to respond to any questions I may have through the portal. And are always willing to give more information or details about a specific procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The first initial consultation I had insurance so some was covered. However, my husband needed to have a sperm analysis with something else "extra" I can't quite remember exactly what it was called, and it was $325. Which that was an unexpected cost but it needed to be done so we really didn't mind. When I came back for a follow up ultrasound, since it had been so long since my last visit,i didn't owe them anything. The visit was completely free. Medication was fairly cheap. Clomid after insurance was around $45 per cycle. Metformin after insurance was $5!

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
After our initial consultation with Dr. Ahlering, my husband and I both had many labs drawn. ... we had 2 beautiful Normal embryos to work with. We transferred both embryos and ended up miss carrying at 5.5 weeks. With our most recent Retrieval, Dr. Ahlering changed up my protocol. ...Doctor Ahlering is kind, very detail oriented, has the best bedside manner, sends you messages on the portal
Everyone at MCRM is friendly and makes you feel cared for. I feel that they value your time and schedule your appointments in a way so that you aren’t sitting in the waiting room for very long. The receptionist is always friendly and has her paperwork organized and ready to go when you arrive for your appointment. All in all I am so pleased with MCRM and I will never switch to any other fertility clinic.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Doctor Ahlering is kind, very detail oriented, has the best bedside manner, sends you messages on the portal just to check in to see how you’re doing, he listens without knocking down ideas you may have, and he shares so much knowledge with you. He is honestly the best best doctor I have ever worked with. Hands down the best fertility specialist in the St. Louis area!
Be ready to get your questions answered. He goes over everything with you in such detail! Also, don’t be afraid to ask him any question you may have.
Dr. Ahlering is so kind and so full of knowledge. He never rushes appointments with him and always answers questions when asked. He also listens to my concerns as a patient.
After our initial consultation with Dr. Ahlering, my husband and I both had many labs drawn. My husband also had a very in depth semen analysis done. These tests answered questions that other fertility specialists failed to answer. After gathering all the useful data, MCRM presents a report to you and your partner that applies to the outlook/success rates of the infertility treatments. This was so nice to see our realistic chances. With our first egg retrieval we retrieved 17 eggs, 16 fertilized, 6 made it to day 6 and had genetic testing done to them. They results from the genetic testing came back and we had 2 beautiful Normal embryos to work with. We transferred both embryos and ended up miss carrying at 5.5 weeks. With our most recent Retrieval, Dr. Ahlering changed up my protocol. He added Omnitrope and upped my Menopur and Follistim dosages. This resulted in 30 eggs retrieved! 24 of those eggs were mature, and we are in the midst of getting our final numbers this week!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoelting)
Jen is very organized. She answers all of my questions promptly. She is great to work with and has been my coordinator for both retrieval’s I’ve had done with Dr. Ahlering.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We went with the Gold package with each egg retrieval. I do not remember the exact cost but it is comparable with other doctors in the area
Chesterfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Ahlering] told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI.
The staff at the front desk [of MCRM] is frequently rude...They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports...their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My first impression of Dr. Ahlering was that he seemed like a car salesman. Out of desperation for a baby, we decided to give him a chance and start treatment immediately rather than wait for another consultation with a different doctor. I fully regret this decision. We met with Dr. Ahlering once and had 3 phone conversations with him. He and the office are (for lack of a better word) exceptionally shady. I feel like he is just out to make money and does not truly care about his patient’s success. I also feel like there has been retaliation against us for leaving their practice and seeing a different specialist.
Do not go to MCRM Fertility for any reason. Do not see Dr. Ahlering. I 100% regret my decision to receive treatment from this physician.
Dr. Ahlering and his staff gave us conflicting information regarding his recommendations for our care. He told us he didn’t think IUI would be beneficial for us and would only very minimally increase our chances of conception after 2 failed timed intercourse cycles. He said he felt the minimal increase was not worth the added cost of doing an IUI. We agreed. We began a 3rd timed intercourse cycle. Later that day, his PA stated that he recommended we try at least 2 IUIs if our 3rd timed intercourse cycle failed. We questioned this as he had just told us that he didn’t recommend IUI. We were instructed to set up a phone call with Dr. Ahlering to discuss the conflicting information. He called over 1.5 hours after the scheduled time and stated that we were “all speaking the same language” and that an IUI would not benefit us. Clearly, he and his PA were not speaking the same language. He refuses to forward any of his consultation or progress notes to my new doctor and his staff states that all records of treatment plans, prescribed medications and dosages are proprietary information specific to their facility (rather than the individualized care they claim to provide) and they also won’t release those records. The only records they are willing to release are lab results and ultrasound reports. This leads me to question if there even is any documentation regarding my care. They do not seem to see myself or my husband as human beings trying to grow our family, but rather as an enemy for daring to question them.
We did one timed intercourse cycle with 7.5 mg letrozole for 5 days. Midcycle scan showed follicles not large enough to trigger. Started letrozole 7.5 mg again for 5 days. Second midcycle scan showed mature follicles. Triggered with Ovidrel and then proceeded with TI. Second cycle we did 5 days of 10 mg letrozole and added 3 injections of 50 units Gonal-F. Midcycle scan showed follicles were not mature. We were instructed to use 75 units of Gonal-F for 2 days and then the remainder of what was in the pen the 3rd day (about 50 units). Second midcycle scan showed several mature follicles. Risks of multiples were discussed and we triggered with Ovidrel that evening and proceeded with TI. For our third cycle we used 10 mg letrozole for 7 days, one day of 150 units Gonal-F, followed by 75 units Gonal-F the next 2 days. Midcycle scan showed mature follicles and we triggered with Ovidrel and proceeded with TI. We were unsuccessful each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker)
Christina seems to care about her patients. She seems like a good person. I don’t have anything bad to say about her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The staff at the front desk is frequently rude, not only to myself, but also other patients. They are exceptionally hard to get records from, even after you have paid for them. I paid $32.89 for 17 pages of my medical record. I requested the full record; however, I was only sent partial labs and imaging reports. Michelle Brinkmeyer, who is their contact for medical records, stated that they do not send consultation or progress notes with the record because it is the physician’s prospective on the patient. She also stated that she printed off my husband’s semen analysis, put it with our record, and gave it to Dr. Ahlering (I suppose for him to approve?) after we requested our records and he removed the semen analysis report before giving the record back to her. She noticed this, did not question where the report went, and mailed our record without it. When I called to ask where the rest of our record was, she said Dr. Ahlering was out of town and she would have to ask him about it the next day. The next day, she said she would mail us “some notes from our record” and the SA report. She said the medications, dosages, and treatment plans were proprietary to their facility and they would not be released to myself or my new doctor. After telling her that I would check with my new doctor and the US Department of Health and Human Services to see if this was standard practice, she advised that I could print flowsheets off of the patient portal with the treatment information. I did not receive a refund for the missing information, nor would I have paid $32.89 for my records if I would have known that I would only be receiving partial labs from an outside facility and ultrasound reports. I will know in a few days if I actually get the SA report and “some notes from my record” in the mail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I had no insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was $250. Medications costs were around $370 each cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
There was one instance where my nurse sent the wrong dosage of my prescription to the pharmacy. I caught the mistake at the pharmacy and it was corrected.
Chesterfield

He [Dr. Ahlering] prefers to transfer one but said he would be fine with me transferring two...I didn’t feel like the original consultation was based on my issues but general issues... is extremely intelligent. He knows what he’s doing and you can see that he’s passionate about helping people have a baby. When I went in for my first appointment he followed back up with me rather than getting a nurse to reach out. I appreciated that...I had a very basic IVF protocol. It unfortunately ended in no normal embryos. They started with BC. Then did STIMS for 9 days and had my egg retrieval.
I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept [at MCRM] and it made me feel like they just wanted my money...I had a very basic IVF protocol. It unfortunately ended in no normal embryos. They started with BC. Then did STIMS for 9 days and had my egg retrieval...I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay [nurse]. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely intelligent. He knows what he’s doing and you can see that he’s passionate about helping people have a baby. When I went in for my first appointment he followed back up with me rather than getting a nurse to reach out. I appreciated that.
That it’s ok to ask questions. You are spending a lot of money. Do not allow your appointment to be rushed. Get all the information you need before you leave.
I had a horrible experience with the Finance dept and it made me feel like they just wanted my money. I didn’t feel like the original consultation was based on my issues but general issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
I have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay. When we found out I had zero normal embryos I could tell she was upset too. She made me feel like she genuinely cared that my heart was breaking. She followed up with me a few days later to make sure I was ok. It meant a lot to me that she did that.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is beautiful. The staff is friendly besides Mel in finance. I almost didn’t move forward with the clinic because of her. Then she was rude the day before my retrieval when I called to ask a question about my down payment. She was great the original meeting. Once I put my down payment she no longer had to be nice. I have great things to say about everyone besides Mel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I luckily have insurance. My insurance didn’t cover the genetic testing-2,500 The deposit-2,000 (not sure why you need a deposit)..The medication 3,400. We also paid out of pocket an additional 1,500 for other services like nano beads and sperm selection.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
He prefers to transfer one but said he would be fine with me transferring two.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Peter Ahlering] is very knowledgeable and wants to do the best option for his patients instead of just out for the money and not caring...He makes us feel comfortable...After we did 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we get an HSG test done to see if my tubes were blocked. so I went to my OBGYN and had an HSG test done and according to that they were not blocked so we continued with two more rounds of IUI after the next 2 more unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we do an exploratory laproscopy to see about any underlining cause as to why the IUI's had not worked.
whole staff [at MCRM] from dealing with my husbands male factor to doing our IUI cycles have been amazing!...She [nurse] will email us periodically checking in on us and asking how we are, she is always a phone call or email away and answers quickly if we ever need anything. Ceara our PA that actually done our IUI transfers she is very sweet and caring as well. She explains the results of my husbands wash and how much sperm count he had left after the wash and takes her time and explains what she is about to do when she is doing the IUI and asks if I am alright while she is doing it.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Our experience with Dr. Ahlering has been great. He is very knowledgeable and explains our situation and what he thinks is the best treatment from our diagnosis. He does say things sometimes that is over our heads but we ask him to explain it in our form lol, he does not get mad or hesitate to explain things in our way of understanding. He takes his time with you and wants to make sure we understand fully and will answer any questions or concerns we have. He makes us feel comfortable.
If they are looking for a good infertility doctor he is the one to go too. He is good and knows what he is doing. don't hesitate to ask questions or talk about concerns. He makes you feel comfortable.
When we had out first initial consolation appointment with Dr. Ahlering he took us into his office, he listened and went over all of our first steps ad options for going forward. He took his time, did not rush us out of there and really treats his patients like humans and cares for them. He is very knowledgeable and wants to do the best option for his patients instead of just out for the money and not caring. His whole staff from dealing with my husbands male factor to doing our IUI cycles have been amazing! We are truly grateful for MCRM! :) Praying to be able to do an IVF cycle with him soon and it being successful.
With my PCOS the fertility medicine I took leading up to my 4 IUI cycles were: -Letrozole pills - Gonal F shots -Ovidrel shot On the day of IUI we went to the clinic and they did a Sperm wash on my husbands semen because he has a morphology issue then two hours later we did the IUI. After the IUI I would lay on the table for 15-20 minutes then a few days later I would have to put prometrium inside my vagina for 2 weeks until I went and did my blood work to see if I was pregnant. After we did 2 unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we get an HSG test done to see if my tubes were blocked. so I went to my OBGYN and had an HSG test done and according to that they were not blocked so we continued with two more rounds of IUI after the next 2 more unsuccessful rounds of IUI Dr. Ahlering suggested that we do an exploratory laproscopy to see about any underlining cause as to why the IUI's had not worked. So my OBGYN did the laparoscopy and we discovered that I had some past PID damage and that my tubes were not fully blocked but he only way anything could get thru them was to be forced that is why we got a false reading from the HSG test with the dye being forced thru them. We gave Dr. Ahlering all the results and met with him and talked about our next step, we are now to the point of an IVF cycle which we have not been able to afford, IUI will no longer work for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker )
Out primary nurse Christina is very sweet and caring she has talked to us about her infertility situation and has compassion for her patients. She is always on top of everything when we have done our IUI cycles and gets us the right medicine and has it sent to our pharmacy so its ready when we get there. She will email us periodically checking in on us and asking how we are, she is always a phone call or email away and answers quickly if we ever need anything. Ceara our PA that actually done our IUI transfers she is very sweet and caring as well. She explains the results of my husbands wash and how much sperm count he had left after the wash and takes her time and explains what she is about to do when she is doing the IUI and asks if I am alright while she is doing it.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is very clean and bright and the staff is friendly and caring. They are all there to help you get your dream family and make you feel comfortable. Our first IUI we were a little confused on where my husband did the sperm wash and which desk to see to get checked in for my part of the IUI but they were very nice and directed us where to go for my husband and where to get checked in for my part.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
For everything including ultrasounds, sperm wash, IUI, and medicine was around 2000 each cycle.

2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Other
Dr Aubuchon made sure my husband and I understood everything. She at first was hard to get to know but after a few visits she warmed up. She has checked up on me through my cancer treatment journey and has been nothing but compassionate.... I only had 2 embryos. She let me decide 1 vs 2 and was totally on board with my decision to only transfer 1.... Don’t allow the office staff to form your opinion of the physician.
Weakness- the front desk lady [at MCRM] isn’t very nice, the coordinators have too many patients at one time. Strengths the doctors are great and the patient advocate Jen Bader is amazing. The RNs in the procedural area are also very awesome! I liked that they were able to do any anesthesia procedures at the office and they didn’t make me go to a hospital. The office for the most part were always on time for my appointments, I think the longest I had to wait past my appointment was 30 minutes.
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Don’t allow the office staff to form your opinion of the physician.
Dr Aubuchon truly cares for her patients. She has checked up on me a few times while I’m trying to treat the endometrial cancer. I appreciated how she remembered me every time I came to the office.
I honestly don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I think my coordinator needed more help. I think she had too many patients at one time to keep track of.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- the front desk lady isn’t very nice, the coordinators have too many patients at one time. Strengths the doctors are great and the patient advocate Jen Bader is amazing. The RNs in the procedural area are also very awesome! I liked that they were able to do any anesthesia procedures at the office and they didn’t make me go to a hospital. The office for the most part were always on time for my appointments, I think the longest I had to wait past my appointment was 30 minutes.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
My coordinator either didn’t remember or failed to read the comments in my chart about being diagnosed with cancer after a miscarriage and needing to cancel my next procedure. She had set me up with my next embryo transfer the next month and sent me an email explaining what the next steps were for the next transfer.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.

Dr. Ahlering has been professional, knowledgeable, and an open-book...He always answers with evidence based research and does not hesitate to repeat a diagnostic procedure if results were unclear...-full lab workup for partner and myself -Clomid and thyriod medication for partner -continue with vitamin regimen as desired -ultrasound for myself to assess follicle count, tubes, uterine lining, and health of reproductive anatomy -ultrasound for partner to assess for varicocele -repeat SA as needed
Our initial visit with the financial department [at MCRM] shared basic information for 1 IVF cycle. After more diagnostic testing, were were given other options of packages. All options were ok, we just didn't know there was a possibility of other options. We so weren't aware that certain discounts would not apply under a package vs a single cycle...-IVF package quoted at $29,500. We have not yet undergone this process. -roughly $1,000 out of pocket expenses so far with diagnostic testing
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering has been professional, knowledgeable, and an open-book. There are tines I wish I knew more information, so I ask. He always answers with evidence based research and does not hesitate to repeat a diagnostic procedure if results were unclear.
Take your plan step by step. It's ok to know what you don't know.
At times, certain diagnostic results require normative data. At times, sitting face to face with the doctor is what you need. Data drives treatment as well as bedside manner. Both have necessary roles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at MCRM.
The nursing staff had been quick to respond, present professionally and compassionately. At times, I am unclear if my appointment is done ore if I am needing to be see for something else.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths: science, confidentiality, compassionate, great location Weakness: financial information was not the most forthcoming. It required us to ask intricate questions to assure we had a clear understanding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We asked about the science behind 1 embryo vs multiple and Dr. Ahlering shared information about age, egg quality, risk of multiples during pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
Our initial visit with the financial department shared basic information for 1 IVF cycle. After more diagnostic testing, were were given other options of packages. All options were ok, we just didn't know there was a possibility of other options. We so weren't aware that certain discounts would not apply under a package vs a single cycle.

12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Before deciding any medication protocols, Dr. Aubuchon wanted to start with testing and making sure that she had as much information as possible. She didn't want to just follow previous protocols from our previous clinic, she wanted new and updated information so that she could develop an individualized treatment and medication protocol.... She doesn't sugarcoat things and will give you an honest answer on test results, procedures, and what it all means towards your chances of having a baby.
Since they [MCRM] are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.... Shawnie has been easy to communicate with, through the portal or phone. She has been there to support and comfort when I've needed. She's called when she said she would and has always answered my questions.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I am so excited to have Dr. Aubuchon as my doctor! In the short amount of time that we have been there, she has provided us with more answers than we got at our previous clinic after 8 years. She wants to find the answers. Our goal is her goal. She is a very compassionate person. After one procedure, I felt dizzy and hot. She put cool compresses on me (didn't get a nurse to do it!) and didn't leave the room until she was sure that I was feeling better.
Every time that I have needed to talk to her or have an appointment, I have been able to. She answers my questions, explains things in details, even took notes for me! She was genuinely upset with our loss and asked us multiple times how we were doing. Every visit, she takes time to talk to us about non-medical/fertility related topics and is interested in us as people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Since they are a smaller clinic and the doctors take time with each person, there is a little bit of waiting, but not much. Be prepared for your doctor to be very thorough with testing and diagnostics. This is a good thing! They want to provide the most comprehensive care and treatment course that works best for you.
She prefers to transfer one embryo at a time with the reasoning of creating the perfect environment for that one embryo and giving it the best chance without it having to compete for resources.
Chesterfield

Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.... Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards.
This place [MCRM] is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.... Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Dr. Aubuchon has been nothing short of amazing..she sees SO MANY PEOPLE, daily, weekly, monthly, and every single time, she remembers who we are, my wife’s name, if she doesn’t get to come with me, what we discussed with the last visit, etc. I have had reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, and she goes as far as to even down to remembering the size of it from my last visit.
Ask all the questions. She is there to help you with anything and everything. And she is ready with the answers. Don’t think any question you have, is a stupid question.
From the first time my wife and i stepped into the clinic, we were greeted like, we were any other couple that happened to be struggling with infertility. Doctor Aubuchon, was so personable, and willing to explain everything to us, and answered all of my wife’s MANY questions, and sat with us for as long as was necessary for us to feel comfortable with moving forward.
Since i have reoccurring cysts in my ovaries, i was give clomid to bring on my cycle, and try to flush out the cysts. I was given ovidrel as my tigger shit, for right before my IUI insemination, and i was given progesterone for afterwards. There was one other medicine, that i don’t recall the name of, but it was to help my follicles grow. The first time that we tried (times intercourse with private donor) the medicine that i was given to grow my follicles grew 8 giant follicles. Both my coordinator and Dr Aubuchon were kinda freaked, and didn’t want us to move forward with our timed intercourse plan, and dr Aubuchon said that she would normally suggest IVF for situations such as this..being that, IVF was out of our price range, and she knew it, she didn’t push the factor, and let us make our own decisions.
Christina was our coordinator and she was literally the best. I can’t tell you how many times i sent her portal messages with mine, and my wife’s MANY questions, and she was so quick to respond back, and keep us updated with everything. While in the office, she was very motherly towards us both, and wanted to make sure we knew the risks, and rewards of everything that we were wanting to do. It was a breath of fresh air
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This place is amazing. You walk in, and you’re almost like a part of the family. They remember who you are, they know what you’re there for, they have water, and coffee, and are always there waiting for you with a smile.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
The cost was decent enough..nothing to do with infertility is cheap, but the ladies make sure they understand your budget, and they don’t push you to get the more expensive medication, or go straight into IVF if you can’t afford it. They really work with you

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable and caring. You could tell he was extremely sincere. He was right about everything he predicted. We were concerned we needed a sperm donor and he assured us that wasn’t necessary and he was correct. ... He recommended egg banking due to my husband’s severe DNA fragmentation and my low reserve so we would have several chances at making healthy embryos.
They [MCRM] organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well ... Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! ... Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable and caring. You could tell he was extremely sincere. He was right about everything he predicted. We were concerned we needed a sperm donor and he assured us that wasn’t necessary and he was correct. This is truly his passion! We drove 6 hours every time to meet with him because he was so much better than our local clinic.
Voice your concerns to him. He’s patient and understanding and will be very straight forward with you.
I felt like a human because Dr. Ahlering was ALWAYS so patient and so kind. He went into so much detail explaining everything to me. I never felt rushed. I would schedule a call with him when we felt concerned and he always had the ability to calm us down.
He recommended egg banking due to my husband’s severe DNA fragmentation and my low reserve so we would have several chances at making healthy embryos. Meds: Omnitrope, Gonal F, Lupron+Pregnyl dual trigger, Menopur, Cetrotide, Estrace, PIO, Endometrin, Vivelle patches We also did two months of Lupron therapy prior to first transfer. 2nd transfer we did a modified Lupron therapy for about a month before and they changed my progesterone protocol to taking the inserts every day instead of every other. PIO until week 9
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson and Courtney Mitan )
Jen Atkinson was my retrieval coordinator and she was amazing! She was super organized and would call me often to touch base. Love her. I actually miss her. Courtney Mitan was my transfer coordinator and she is so kind and compassionate. She constantly checked in on me to check how I was doing and always answered all 1,000 of my questions. She became a friend to me!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Jen Bader is the patient coordinator and she does a great job and connecting patients with other patients and making everyone feel like a family. They organize fun family events and meet and greets where patients can meet each other and talk to Dr. Ahlering. They are always extremely friendly and quick to respond. I had an easy time working with the finance department as well
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
2 Cycle Oocyte/Embryo Banking $14,450.00 DNA fragmentation $300.00 Positive sperm selection $200.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Sperm sample $200.00 Sperm freeze $250.00 Anesthesia $500.00 Receptiva $690.00 PGS $1,950.00 PGS Shipping charge $100.00 FET #2 $3,800.00 Embryo storage fee $500
For our first transfer Dr. A recommended only one embryo and we understood his reasons why. For our 2nd transfer we were transparent and said we couldn’t afford two more transfers and meds and also couldn’t handle the stress of two more transfers. He was supportive and was on board with transferring 2 PGS normals.
Chesterfield
Dr Aubuchon was our second doctor that we saw at MCRM and wish we would have gone to her first....She laid everything out for us and had said that the chances for us with IUI were only about 8%, if we would have known that from the beginning we would have gone straight to IVF instead of ultimately wasting $10,000.... She wrote down everything for us and even made a chart as to what she thought would be our best option in treatment.
It [MCRM] is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling....Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
Like I had explained before, we saw her after doing our 4 failed IUI treatments with Dr Ahlering. Dr Aubuchon did all of my actual IUI procedures though and she was always very kind and would explain everything as she was doing it. We had gone to her for a consultation to move onto IVF because she had been so great. She sat there for as long as we needed to literally go over every aspect of what she thought we should do moving forward. She wrote down anything that we would need to look back on and was never judgmental or made us feel rushed. She is a very thoughtful person and we really appreciated her time. I would recommend her to absolutely anyone that is going through fertility treatments.
She can be very technical and will go over every aspect of the procedures. I, personally, loved that about her. I did not feel like I had to many questions since she really had covered everything and had handouts and pictures.
Dr Aubuchon was our second doctor that we saw at MCRM and wish we would have gone to her first. Dr Alhering was the first doctor we saw and he did not explain that the chances of IUI success for us would be very low, so after the 4th failed IUI we decided to see Dr Aubuchon because my boss had gone to her. She laid everything out for us and had said that the chances for us with IUI were only about 8%, if we would have known that from the beginning we would have gone straight to IVF instead of ultimately wasting $10,000. Dr Ahlering would start talking about male factors which does not apply to our situation because we are both women. I did not feel like he cared about our direct situation. Dr Aubuchon really cared and took the time to talk about everything and really made us feel comfortable. She wrote down everything for us and even made a chart as to what she thought would be our best option in treatment. Unfortunately, since we had already spent so much money, we now have to wait until we have paid off those bills before even moving on.
Christina Romacker is a fabulous fertility coach. She makes you feel like she has your back and you are her primary goal. She sent me a beautiful letter after our 4th failed IUI, it made me cry that she cared so much about us. It has been a little over a year since we have been in there and she called me to see how we were doing, to let us know that she was thinking about us and that she is rooting for us. She showed us so much compassion that made us feel like we were people, not just patients. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It is a beautiful facility and I feel like they communicate between staff fairly well. They host a lot of classes and events to welcome everyone. I love that they have a patient portal that you are able to directly message either the Drs or the fertility coaches. The downside, in my opinion is there phone line. I had better luck using the portal than calling.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
With her we really only had the consult fee, everything else was under Dr Ahlering. Ultrasound, blood work, IUI, medications, etc.
Chesterfield

With each IUI cycle it was the same ... Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. ... He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
There was issues it seemed like when my donor would go in to drop off paperwork or fill out paperwork. ... MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering truly cares for his patients and does whatever in his power to ensure the outcome they want. Even though we were not successful with obtaining pregnancy. Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. Not only did he make myself feel comfortable with him but he made my husband feel as comfortable as well. He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
Ask questions, no questions is stupid or dumb.
I truly felt like everyone cared for your care and your outcome and make you feel like a person and not a number. Everyone was always so friendly and made sure you were taken care of and if you needed anything
With each IUI cycle it was the same...Letrozole, Follistum, insemination, progesterone, then hcg blood draws 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie was always helpful, caring and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable about process and procedures and all FDA regulations. She was patient with us when it was taking a very long time for our donor to get his things done, never did she rush us to get things done or pressure us in any way. It seemed like when we were at our lowest she knew how to make things a bit better.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place. They have great resources including a Facebook group for patients to communicate with each other.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We had no benefits for health insurance and had to pay for everything out of pocket. Some things they would bill the insurance company and then bill us later. All 3 IUI's were paid for out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
There was issues it seemed like when my donor would go in to drop off paperwork or fill out paperwork. I'm not sure who was responsible or if there was miscommunication between the front desk, my coordinator, and us or what the case may have been. It always seemed to get fixed quickly.
Chesterfield

I was surprised when I met Dr. Ahlering for the first time. He is the most compassionate, kind and down to earth doctor I've ever had. He listened to mine and my husband's concerns and questions and answered everything clearly until we fully understood.... Be ready to talk and listen to Dr. Ahlering. Your appointment won't be a quick appointment like every other doctor appointment.
Christina [a nurse at MCRM- Chesterfield] is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready... I love this clinic. Expect to be greeted by happy, kind and smiling staff. It's very clean and a positive environment. I almost never had to wait in the waiting room before my appointment which was always nice. I honestly don't have a single weakness to list.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Every time I met with my doctor or nurses they always remembered me by name. I wasn't just another case to them. Even though we didn't have success and are on a break from treatment right now, I still get personalized emails from my nurse asking how my husband and I are doing. It brings a smile to my face every time knowing how much they still care and they are still here for us.
Christina is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I was able to apply for 50% off medication but nothing else was covered under my insurance. Each IUI procedure was $500. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were additional costs. I think all together for 4 IUI cylces, it was close to $5,000. We were also able to do a payment plan.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics... He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
We live over 2000 miles from this clinic [MCRM], but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.... The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics (Tulsa, OK and Springfield, MO). He is very much a talker during this consults and does really well answering all questions and explaining anything you need. He doesnt act at all like he is rushed or needs to get on to the next patient. He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Be prepared to really talk to him, he strives to answer all your questions and make sure you understand the treatment plan, so sometimes consults can be lengthy.
Dr. Ahlering (and his staff) treated me and our treatment plan as if it was their own, as if this was something they were going through with my husband and I. Any questions we had they did their absolute best to answer question, our Nurse coordinator cried with me when she called to deliver the positive pregnancy test news, and even during a subsequent phone consult (we live 2000 miles from the clinic) with Dr. Ahlering about further cycles he remembered the name of our son and that we had a female embryo transfered at the same time that did not survive. We live over 2000 miles from this clinic, but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.
We chose to do 2 cycles and bank the eggs before fertilizing them and doing a transfer. Both cycles were agonist cycles with the use of follistem and gonal-F and a lupron trigger. I was also on estrogen patches and then testosterone patches for the 2nd cycle. The first cycle produced 10 eggs and the second produced 12 (I have reduced ovarian reserve). We then used ICSI and PGS testing. We ended with 4 embryos for testing 2 normal and 2 low level mosaic (which will be used after another 2 egg banking cycles if needed).
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel)
You will have different nurse coordinators for retrieval and transfer cycles. Both of the coordinators (and the entire staff) were wonderful. They never had a problem answering question after question, were extremely patient and helpful. Rachel (our transfer coordinator) even cried on the phone with me when she called to give us our only positive result after 3 transfers and 7 embryos (2 transfers at a previous clinic).
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient. The clinic has "offices" on 2 seperate floors, so its necessary to know where you are going, but if you show up on the wrong floor, it isn't a difficult thing to fix. They work really well to accommodate you and your needs, we live over 2000 miles away and they do phone consults and order some of the pre- testing done nearer to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid around 23,000$ for 2 egg banking cycles, PGS testing, medications, and 3 months of frozen embryo storage.
Dr. Ahlering was fine with us transfering 2 PGS tested embryos, as I am healthy. I know from others that he will suggest only one embryo in certain cases. He has also suggested using our low level mosaic embryos if the planned 2 egg banking cycles are not successful.

IUI, 2 IVF
He [Dr. Ahlering] is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.... He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you".
Strength [MCRM- Chesterfield] would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.... $20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer... Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield

I feel like [Dr. Peter Ahlering is] a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other option
I have had a couple nursing coordinators [at MCRM] but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me...After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
Our first retrieval cycle, we PGS tested our embryos. They said they had not received them yet on Friday afternoon of the week they were to have been done. I contacted genetic testing lab and was told they’d been sent overtwo days earlier. After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The biggest strength of the clinic [MCRM] is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
During our first meeting with Dr. Ahlering he answered all of our questions, explained all the science his lab used to male factor, and gave us some options for us to think about. We met with him again to discuss the results of our lab work and semen analysis. From there, he made a detailed plan for us and made sure he answered all of our questions. When I emailed him additional questions we had throughout the process, he always he emailed me back within 24 hours (usually by the end of the day)!...He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage [at MCRM]. They offer a $1000 educator discount...There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!...Jen and Rachel [nurses] were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is amazing! He was so thorough in answering all our questions and explaining what would happen as we went through every step. He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel )
Jen and Rachel were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
In December of 2016 my husband and I saw our FIRST specialist. We left the appointment feeling hopeless! The doctor was rude.. he showed no enthusiasm... there was no detailed plan. They made us watch a video in a small dark room, by ourselves! It.Was.AWFUL! A year passed. Then, after talking with a high school friend, (and MCRM patient!) my husband wanted a second opinion. I sent an email to MCRM on MLK day 2018, not expecting a call back because the office was closed. Within 30 MINUTES someone was on the phone with me, getting everything scheduled! And let me tell you, I JUST KNEW!! I KNEW it would be different! I KNEW they cared! I KNEW we had found our clinic! We met with Dr. Ahlering on 1-30-2018 and, for the first time in YEARS, we felt HOPEFUL, EXCITED, and so very THANKFUL! MCRM has different technology and Dr. A showed us, in detail, the difference in his lab as compared to others. We knew it wouldn’t be easy. We knew there were no guarantees. But, when you feel supported in this journey, it makes all the difference!! There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage. They offer a $1000 educator discount.
Dr. Ahlering was very honest with us about the risks of transferring multiples and said it would be a safer option to transfer a single, frozen embryo. We trusted his judgement!
Chesterfield
She’s [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
The nurse [at MCRM] we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
She’s a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
Take her advice! We were initially told that with our sperm count levels there was no way my husband would have a biological child and now Mira is putting my husband on medications and shots to try and get his production up enough for ICSI!
Mira has personally phoned us to let’s us know results of lab work and what our next steps are in the process. She doesn’t push more expensive treatments if she doesn’t feel they’re needed.
We haven’t gone through any procedures at this time besides the initial SA and day 3 US
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
The nurse we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is small but quiet and easy to navigate. When we first visited they gave us a tour and all the procedure rooms are on the ground floor while the offices are on the second. It’s comfy and cheery with babies from previous cycles lining the halls!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
Fresh cycle is 11,000 with ICSI or silver package They’re gold package insides ICSI with PGS testing on 8 embryos 15,500 Platinum package includes PICSI, nano beads, PGS testing and 24 hour monitor of embryos 16,500
Chesterfield
She [Dr. Aubuchon] did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.... She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.... Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic [MCRM- Chesterfield] and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at MCRM.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
This has not yet come up for us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
There was a drop in communication regarding insurance coverage and costs for certain services. This left me with an unexpected very expensive bill. They also ran blood work and I had to call to find out what the results were since they hadn't been posted to my patient portal yet.

Anovulation, Male Factor
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.... I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over.
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.... They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A [Ahlering] all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
Chesterfield

He [Dr. Ahlering] was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again...He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed.
The clinic [MCRM] was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on...Was suppose to have blood work done, but the front office didn't know. So I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone finally telling me I needed to get my blood drawn. Waited over an hour for some appointments.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
Chesterfield

While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
Our coordinator [at MCRM], Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.... You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM.
Test results are hard to get. I've had to call and email several times. My coordinator did not call in my trigger shot prescription and had to do it last minute. Dr. Ahlering was pushing to do an IUI procedure without having the whole picture of our fertility situation, which would have been a waste of an IUI cycle due to male factor infertility. Dr. Ahlering gave my husband his semen analysis results and said he would never be able to conceive without IVF. That may end up being true, but Dr. Ahlering said that without doing any additional testing on my husband. No bloodwork, no ultrasound, no repeat semen analysis. We are going to a urologist to get more complete information.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen...I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes... He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Sometimes they [MCRM] seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions...My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.