17300 North Outer Forty
Tulsa
4809 East 89th St S
Tulsa, OK 74137

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Ahlering] is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.... He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you".
Strength [MCRM- Chesterfield] would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.... $20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer... Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM Fertility and their degree of success.
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM Fertility.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield

I feel like [Dr. Peter Ahlering is] a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other option
I have had a couple nursing coordinators [at MCRM] but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me...After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM Fertility.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
Our first retrieval cycle, we PGS tested our embryos. They said they had not received them yet on Friday afternoon of the week they were to have been done. I contacted genetic testing lab and was told they’d been sent overtwo days earlier. After contacting multiple staff members and leaving voicemails and emails, I received a call that they had lost or just received my results. It was a very nerve wracking experience, as anyone waiting on results can attest to!
Chesterfield

The biggest strength of the clinic [MCRM] is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment
Chesterfield
During our first meeting with Dr. Ahlering he answered all of our questions, explained all the science his lab used to male factor, and gave us some options for us to think about. We met with him again to discuss the results of our lab work and semen analysis. From there, he made a detailed plan for us and made sure he answered all of our questions. When I emailed him additional questions we had throughout the process, he always he emailed me back within 24 hours (usually by the end of the day)!...He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage [at MCRM]. They offer a $1000 educator discount...There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!...Jen and Rachel [nurses] were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. A is amazing! He was so thorough in answering all our questions and explaining what would happen as we went through every step. He made us feel very relaxed and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions. His bedside manor is some of the best we’ve experienced!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel )
Jen and Rachel were both amazing!! Jen did tons of leg work to see if any of my meds would be covered by insurance (even though they were not). I do wish I would have received my list of medications sooner than a few days before my start date. This would have given me time to comparison shop for medications.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
In December of 2016 my husband and I saw our FIRST specialist. We left the appointment feeling hopeless! The doctor was rude.. he showed no enthusiasm... there was no detailed plan. They made us watch a video in a small dark room, by ourselves! It.Was.AWFUL! A year passed. Then, after talking with a high school friend, (and MCRM patient!) my husband wanted a second opinion. I sent an email to MCRM on MLK day 2018, not expecting a call back because the office was closed. Within 30 MINUTES someone was on the phone with me, getting everything scheduled! And let me tell you, I JUST KNEW!! I KNEW it would be different! I KNEW they cared! I KNEW we had found our clinic! We met with Dr. Ahlering on 1-30-2018 and, for the first time in YEARS, we felt HOPEFUL, EXCITED, and so very THANKFUL! MCRM has different technology and Dr. A showed us, in detail, the difference in his lab as compared to others. We knew it wouldn’t be easy. We knew there were no guarantees. But, when you feel supported in this journey, it makes all the difference!! There were times during our cycle that I had to advocate for myself and be assertive but the nurses were always quick to call me back and answer all my questions!
It was around $18,500 out of pocket without any insurance coverage. They offer a $1000 educator discount.
Dr. Ahlering was very honest with us about the risks of transferring multiples and said it would be a safer option to transfer a single, frozen embryo. We trusted his judgement!
Chesterfield
She’s [Dr. Mira Aubuchon] a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
The nurse [at MCRM] we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
She’s a bit quirky but she sits down and explains everything on a average intelligence level. Being in the medical field people assume I understand what’s going on and that could be anything but! She’s always told us from the get go our goal is to have a child, and she’s willing to do everything possible for my husband to have a biological child. (We have severe MFI)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
Take her advice! We were initially told that with our sperm count levels there was no way my husband would have a biological child and now Mira is putting my husband on medications and shots to try and get his production up enough for ICSI!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
Mira has personally phoned us to let’s us know results of lab work and what our next steps are in the process. She doesn’t push more expensive treatments if she doesn’t feel they’re needed.
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at MCRM Fertility and their degree of success.
We haven’t gone through any procedures at this time besides the initial SA and day 3 US
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
The nurse we’ve been working with has been amazing at communicating and walking us through the whole process. The billing area is the only area where I have a good but not great experience. I only say good because they were very attentive but with the price of ivf so expensive they didn’t offer us a payment plan and they didn’t give us any options on how to cover the costs except to ask family
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The clinic is small but quiet and easy to navigate. When we first visited they gave us a tour and all the procedure rooms are on the ground floor while the offices are on the second. It’s comfy and cheery with babies from previous cycles lining the halls!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility.
Fresh cycle is 11,000 with ICSI or silver package They’re gold package insides ICSI with PGS testing on 8 embryos 15,500 Platinum package includes PICSI, nano beads, PGS testing and 24 hour monitor of embryos 16,500
Chesterfield
She [Dr. Aubuchon] did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.... She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.... Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic [MCRM- Chesterfield] and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
I have only just began seeing her and havent started IVF yet, but so far she has been great! She has been very open and thorough in discussing different treatments and potential challenges. She responds very quickly when I have tried to reach out. She has great attention to detail and very warm bedside manner while still being very efficient.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! She's very good about explaining things.
She did a great job of listening to my history and my concerns. She gave me her undivided attention and was very warm and personable.
We only have started the testing that needs done before IVF. We are still trying to gather funds to begin with IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at MCRM Fertility.
I've had limited encounters with the nurses. But it has been mostly positive or neutral. They are friendly, but sometimes lacking in communicating with patients, as I've experienced.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
I liked that all procedures are done in the same clinic and you don't have to go multiple places for labs or other services. I also liked that the doctor was involved in even the more "routine" visits. I liked the location and the environment of the clinic. I also really liked that they ran on time!! I didnt like that there seemed to be a breakdown in communication regarding the financial and insurance areas of the clinic. They failed to mention that some services they were performing would not be covered by insurance. I ended up with an unexpected bill (over $1000) afterward! That was my major concern with the clinic.
I have been quoted a price of around $34,000 for two egg banking cycles and 1 transfer with PGD.
Describe Mira Aubuchon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM Fertility.
This has not yet come up for us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
There was a drop in communication regarding insurance coverage and costs for certain services. This left me with an unexpected very expensive bill. They also ran blood work and I had to call to find out what the results were since they hadn't been posted to my patient portal yet.
Chesterfield
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.... I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over.
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.... They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A [Ahlering] all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
Chesterfield

He [Dr. Ahlering] was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again...He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed.
The clinic [MCRM] was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on...Was suppose to have blood work done, but the front office didn't know. So I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone finally telling me I needed to get my blood drawn. Waited over an hour for some appointments.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
Chesterfield

While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
Our coordinator [at MCRM], Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.... You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
Test results are hard to get. I've had to call and email several times. My coordinator did not call in my trigger shot prescription and had to do it last minute. Dr. Ahlering was pushing to do an IUI procedure without having the whole picture of our fertility situation, which would have been a waste of an IUI cycle due to male factor infertility. Dr. Ahlering gave my husband his semen analysis results and said he would never be able to conceive without IVF. That may end up being true, but Dr. Ahlering said that without doing any additional testing on my husband. No bloodwork, no ultrasound, no repeat semen analysis. We are going to a urologist to get more complete information.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen...I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes... He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Sometimes they [MCRM] seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions...My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
Chesterfield
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why.... We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment".
This clinic [MCRM] is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Aubuchon is very thorough when she explains treatment options, expectations, and risks. She doesn't leave anything out. She walked us through every step of our IUI, and when we were confused about what medications to take and when, she was very patient and explained in detail what we needed to do and why. She is very passionate about what she does, and she cares about her patients. We don't live close to the clinic so after having some testing completed and needing to speak with her, she set up a time to contact us at home for an over the phone "appointment". She is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend her to any family member or best friend.
Be patient, the clinic is very busy, but it is so worth it!
Dr. Aubuchon was so patient and kind. She was our second doctor after my Endometriosis diagnosis and several surgeries. We were nervous and scared, but she eased all of that right away.
I don't remember a lot about our IUI cycle. It was kind of a whirlwind experience because it all happened to fast but I did a cycle of injectable medication along with Femera (I think) and a trigger shot. My IUI was very painful because of my Endometriosis and resulted in a negative pregnancy. Which is why we would like to move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility.
Every nurse in this clinic is wonderful! They are completely invested (emotionally) in your journey. I specifically remember how heartbroken our nurse was when she had to call us to explain that our IUI results were negative.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
This clinic is a team. They work like a team, behave like a team, and communicate so well with each other. They have a large client base, which is the only weakness, but they are worth the wait. We have waited longer than expected in the waiting room because they have ran behind, but I've seen first hand the care they take with their patients, and how their attention to patients can be a bit of a set back (time wise).
The costs were as expected. No higher or lower than other places. However, they do have discount programs that can be applied for.
Chesterfield
Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care... Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments.
MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
We've had some paperwork lost that was important to dosage amounts for the day.
Chesterfield
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment [with Dr. Ahlering] to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again...
Our IVF "Gold" package [at MCRM] was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place...Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
During my first IVF cycle, I received a medicine calendar that had some errors, luckily I caught them and asked about them and was told the correct information- but it still bothered me. There was a time that I was getting an ultrasound done and the nurse didn't put my name on the door so another doctor came in while I was getting my ultrasound done. I was also told that my file indicated that all of my ultrasounds were to be done by Dr. Ahlering, but judging by the frequency to which that was not done- I'm thinking that it was not in my file as I was told.
Chesterfield
My first nurse [at MCRM] did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer...There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses...My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000 [for IVF]...Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals... My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen [nurse at MCRM] has a lot of work cut out for her every month. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her...They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!...The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.
Chesterfield

my husband and i were put on Clomid [by Dr. Ahlering] and i had to take a trigger shot a day before my IUI...was so amazing to work with. Something I will not forget is that he called me after hours to see how I was doing after the IUI. It amazed me that the doctor would reach out to me personally. I’ve never had that happen with ANY doctor period...Of course I have questions after 2 failed IUIs what’s next. He answered all of my questions and gave me different options. Going through this journey is already difficult enough but I felt he was really caring and sincere. After my IUI the doctor called me after hours to check and see how I was doing! I was so impressed by that! He really treated me like a human being! He’s a great doctor and would recommend to any of my friends going through the same situation.
The staff [at MCRM] was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat...Christina [nurse] was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times...I received an IUI treatment through a drawing at one of their events for patients and previous patients. However I believe each ultrasound was $250. Not sure how much blood work cost or what the cost of the meds were
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Going to see a new doctor is always very worrisome. What are they going to say? What are they going to do? Of course I have questions after 2 failed IUIs what’s next. He answered all of my questions and gave me different options. Going through this journey is already difficult enough but I felt he was really caring and sincere. After my IUI the doctor called me after hours to check and see how I was doing! I was so impressed by that! He really treated me like a human being! He’s a great doctor and would recommend to any of my friends going through the same situation.
I would tell them to take the information in, review and make your decision. A lot of options were given and it can be overwhelming but in the end you need to know ALL of your options and with the help of your doctor chose what is best for you.
Dr. Ahlering was so amazing to work with. Something I will not forget is that he called me after hours to see how I was doing after the IUI. It amazed me that the doctor would reach out to me personally. I’ve never had that happen with ANY doctor period. The staff was always so friendly and positive. If money wasn’t an issue I would go to them in a heartbeat.
I don’t remember specifics I just remember my husband and i were put on Clomid and i had to take a trigger shot a day before my IUI
Christina was extremely helpful. She responded quickly to my questions (and there were many). She made my medication schedule easy to understand and gave me specific directions about the times.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The staff was very nice and always greeted you with a smile. The only thing I would point out is sometimes a question might get lost in the portal. After a couple of days I would contact them directly and ask to speak to someone that could help

2015, Unsuccessful
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor [from MCRM] in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was a nice guy, I think the set up with seeing Tulsa patients was less than ideal. I had several snags in my cycle and he was available to talk to me and worked with us after our cycle almost got cancelled due to Dr. Nilson's office errors. The egg retrieval was a nightmare. They made me walk into the operating room and they started doing stuff before I was under anesthesia. I basically had to beg them to put me under since it was hurting. When they were done with the retrieval, they woke me up and immediately made me walk out of the operating room. They sat me in a chair in this huge room that had multiple recovery areas-and I was left alone in this recovery area. They wouldn't let me lie down, insisting I needed to wake up. I was confused by this since it took me hours to recover after my retrieval with Bundren. I was able to find my phone and have my husband come and get me and we left immediately. I was extremely traumatized by this- mentally and physically. I had to go see a physical therapist to fix my pelvic floor, there is no proof it was because of this incident but it all began after this cycle in 2015.
It's affordable, but for a reason. Only do it if it's your only option or you live in St. Louis.
There are many reasons why I felt like a number, I had to go to a partner doctor in Tulsa for monitoring who was completely inappropriate. The first time I saw his partner doctor (Dr. Nilson) he asked "Why aren't you knocked up yet?" And he did pelvic exams/ultrasounds with no nurses in the room. They also didn't get some of my blood tests sent to Dr. Ahlering in time which I felt like really jeopardized my cycle.
I used Follistim and Menopur just the same as with Bundren. My drugs were very similar, but he used a lot less than Bundren, and I got less results as well. I had a lot more blood tests than before and I was not progressing as expected. I expressed my concerns to Ahlering and asked that he try longer instead of cancelling our cycle. So I was on less medication for a longer period of time. I only got 12 eggs, and none fertilized with no explanation. Dr. Bundren was perplexed by this when I told him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
Shawnie was great. I liked MCRM's communication better than Bundren's. I could get a response much faster.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Strengths- Technology, offices are beautiful, ratio of staff to patients is good, good communication at MCRM (not Dr. Nilson), more affordable than most places. Weaknesses- Poor bedside manner by both Ahlering and Nilson, the set up of seeing Tulsa patients when the doctor is in St. Louis, poor egg retrieval protocol. Overall, they just treat patients like a number and I felt like my retrieval was an assembly line.
Our IVF cycle was about $12,000 with meds, etc. But we never got a transfer and they didn't take that cost off of our bill. Meds were the same $100 per IU.
Unknown
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
Dr. Nilson's office either did the wrong blood test or didn't send my results to Ahlering, resulting in a total botch of my medication dosage. I wasn't progressing like I should due to this and I had to be on medication a lot longer, I think this directly affected my IVF results.
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Aubuchon is kind and caring. She also recognizes that I’m super analytical and straightforward. She matches my personality when answering questions. She never takes long to also respond when I reach out directly to her through the portal...she doesn’t cancel cycles for poor response. She was honest and said it may take several cycles but as long as I could handle putting my body through it, she would stick with me. Now I’ve got PGT normal embryos after 5 retrievals. She also was honest when a delay was necessary because of a polyp
Nicole [nurse at MCRM Fertility] is amazing and my IUI coordinator when I did that was awesome. When your primary nurse is out for whatever reason that can be frustrating as backups don’t know your particular case nearly as well...The financial services team can be a weakness at times. They once randomly charged me for a procedure I never had. They apologized profusely though and immediately fixed it...
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
She’s wonderful and never gave up on my situation. Most importantly she doesn’t cancel cycles for poor response. She was honest and said it may take several cycles but as long as I could handle putting my body through it, she would stick with me. Now I’ve got PGT normal embryos after 5 retrievals. She also was honest when a delay was necessary because of a polyp. While I was disappointed, she was great at explaining why this approach gave me the best possible shot. Can’t wait to transfer next month!
Ask questions! Speak up if you don’t understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole is amazing and my IUI coordinator when I did that was awesome. When your primary nurse is out for whatever reason that can be frustrating as backups don’t know your particular case nearly as well.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The financial services team can be a weakness at times. They once randomly charged me for a procedure I never had. They apologized profusely though and immediately fixed it! Strengths - Great Covid protocols, great communication, wonderful people, amazing facilities
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM Fertility.
Very efficient & quick for monitoring.
I was super lucky & had full insurance coverage. For 5 retrievals I only spent $3000.
Dr Aubuchon very much prefers single transfers but will discuss with you.

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] treated my husband and I like family. He answered all our questions and spent a lot of time explaining everything to us. He drew pictures to help us understand the IVF process. Went over all our previous tests and lab work and really made us feel comfortable about our choice to move quickly to IVF with our make factor infertility...the next week and he had our treatment plan ready to go for my next cycle
[The nursing staff at MCRM] were great! I’ve had a fantastic experience each and every time I’ve called or went in to the clinic...Cost seemed competitive with other clinics in my area. Our package was $15900 plus $2k for meds...Very smooth appointments and easy to get someone on the phone to help you if needed...Had an initial appointment with his nurse practitioner, Leslie (fantastic too by the way)
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
He treated my husband and I like family. He answered all our questions and spent a lot of time explaining everything to us. He drew pictures to help us understand the IVF process. Went over all our previous tests and lab work and really made us feel comfortable about our choice to move quickly to IVF with our make factor infertility.
Be ready to move quickly! He knows what he is doing and is ready to help you have a baby as quickly as he can.
He treated us like family. Very comforting to talk to. Answered all of our questions.
We had 2 unsuccessful IUIs with my OB doctor. Had an initial appointment with his nurse practitioner, Leslie (fantastic too by the way). We did a DNA fragmentation test for my husband. Those results told us IVF was our best option. We saw Dr. Ahlering the next week and he had our treatment plan ready to go for my next cycle. Started birth control pills and took them for a week and a half. Started injections today with gonal f 225 IU. Will take that dose for 3 days, then move to 150 IU. Then go back for US and bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
They were great! I’ve had a fantastic experience each and every time I’ve called or went in to the clinic.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Only weakness is the clinic in Tulsa is new. At first, they didn’t seem to have everything worked out, which is understandable. They are great now! Very smooth appointments and easy to get someone on the phone to help you if needed.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
He has great bedside manner and got straight to the point of our consultation. He read our chart before our visit and came prepared with questions and answers. He was ready to start with the process right away and put our fears at ease. ... Ultrasound and blood testing to check egg reserve and protocol needed to proceed. ... I felt like a human because Dr. Ahlering came I’m our consult having read our file. He asked questions and was familiar with where we are currently in the process.
in our case someone dropped the ball and did not follow up for months. Initially we took this as a sign we shouldn’t move forward but after contacting the office to ask for clarification they called right back and got the ball rolling for us again. ... I was supposed to be scheduled for an ultrasound and testing the same week as our consultation but never heard from the staff to follow up. I received a bill 4 months after our consultation and was later told a voicemail was left
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was great. He has great bedside manner and got straight to the point of our consultation. He read our chart before our visit and came prepared with questions and answers. He was ready to start with the process right away and put our fears at ease.
Be prepared to potentially follow up if you need things done after your consultation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at MCRM Fertility.
I was supposed to be scheduled for an ultrasound and testing the same week as our consultation but never heard from the staff to follow up. I received a bill 4 months after our consultation and was later told a voicemail was left for me, but was not. After contacting the office they were able to schedule me for next steps. But it took 4 months.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
Dr Ahlering is WONDERFUL and a joy to work with but in our case someone dropped the ball and did not follow up for months. Initially we took this as a sign we shouldn’t move forward but after contacting the office to ask for clarification they called right back and got the ball rolling for us again.
Unknown.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at MCRM Fertility.
A follow up appointment was requested by Dr. Ahlering but was not executed by staff after our consultation.
Chesterfield
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] took time to answer all of my questions and to explain everything in great detail. Every time I saw him it seemed he knew who I was and I never felt rushed...he only issue is he has 2 clinics in 2 different states so he is spread a little thin. I had a very straightforward IVF experience though so this was never a problem for me...I feel like my protocol was very specified based on my own results.
The [MCRM Fertility] clinic is not a one size fits all which I found to be very beneficial. Their instructions on what to do as far as shots and medicine go are very thorough and easy to follow. I wish that ultrasounds after pregnancy would be covered with the total price package because it’s already so expensive...All the nurses I interacted with were compassionate, put me at ease when I was extremely anxious, and were very communicative.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Although he did not go to every ultrasound, I felt like he was open and honest and made me feel comfortable. The only issue is he has 2 clinics in 2 different states so he is spread a little thin. I had a very straightforward IVF experience though so this was never a problem for me.
Write down all of your questions because in appointments it’s easy to forget what you planned on asking.
He took time to answer all of my questions and to explain everything in great detail. Every time I saw him it seemed he knew who I was and I never felt rushed.
I can’t remember specifics but I know that my protocol was adjusted based on ultrasound findings as well as blood work. I feel like my protocol was very specified based on my own results.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
The clinic is not a one size fits all which I found to be very beneficial. Their instructions on what to do as far as shots and medicine go are very thorough and easy to follow. I wish that ultrasounds after pregnancy would be covered with the total price package because it’s already so expensive.
I can’t remember but they have a financial person call and discuss and there are packages
He prefers only transferring one embryo due to risks but is willing to put in 2 if requested.

2019, Consult
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances...took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward...ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process.
We are new to the MCRM clinic and haven't started our IVF cycle, but all interactions with the nursing staff have been amazing!...There are different packages to choose from in regards to costs and the coordinators work with you on applying for grants and financial aid...staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
We are new to the MCRM clinic, but Dr. Ahlering ensured we were able to see him since we are out of town patients and spent the time to answer our questions and throughly explained the IVF process. Dr. Ahlering didn't pressure us to move straight to IVF and even encouraged us to try IUIs before moving forward. I felt at ease talking with him and he was honest with us when talking about our chances.
Ask questions and if you don't understand something ask MORE questions.
Dr. Ahlering took the time to email me when I had additional questions after my consultation and ensured all my questions were answered before moving forward.
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
As we are new to MCRM the process has been overwhelming, but the one positive in this whole process has been the amazing staff at MCRM. After interviewing several doctors and using FertilityIQ to determine who we wanted to move forward with the MCRM staff has gone above and beyond for us even before we paid a down payment. The MCRM clinic provides you a amazing report to help you decide what packages are best for you and how to make decisions moving forward. No matter what clinic you decide you must be an advocate for yourself!
Chesterfield

He doesn’t offer much guidance in terms of supplements or lifestyle changes to support IVF, so do your own research on that ... I appreciated Dr Ahlering’s candor and honesty in terms of success rates. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and was honest about my prognosis. ... I have DOR (AFC 2-4) and am older than the average patient. Dr. Ahlering used lupron to prevent early recruitment, then had me prime with Omnitrope & testosterone patches. He used an antagonist protocol starting with 225 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur, later adding in Cetrotide.
MCRM is an excellent clinic & I would highly recommend them. However, their billing department was really confusing to deal with at the beginning when going over treatment options & I found that frustrating. Otherwise, I’ve had great experiences with staff and the facilities are top-notch. They even have their own on-site surgery center for retrievals
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
I appreciated Dr Ahlering’s candor and honesty in terms of success rates. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and was honest about my prognosis. He was also very open to my opinions regarding treatment protocols
Really great hand-on care from nurses and coordinators
I have DOR (AFC 2-4) and am older than the average patient. Dr. Ahlering used lupron to prevent early recruitment, then had me prime with Omnitrope & testosterone patches. He used an antagonist protocol starting with 225 Gonal-F and 75 Menopur, later adding in Cetrotide. Dual trigger of Lupron & hCG. 5 eggs retrieved, all mature & fertilized, 3 embryos all PGS normal
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoelting)
We communicated primarily through the email function of the portal. Responses were timely and thorough
Roughly $18,000 for one retrieval under anesthesia, PGS testing & one FET
He prefers single embryo transfers for PGS tested embryos
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Aubuchon] is very involved, describes every detail. Answers all questions and makes sure you understand and does her best to explain differently if needed. ... Easy to contact, emailed back even after hours, seen her at all our appts. ... She only transfers 1 or 2 5 day embryos. ... She was very supportive when we miscarried twins at 11 weeks and helped explain what happened, how to move forward when we were ready and what we could do differently. Very compassionate and understanding.
They [MCRM] all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls. ... Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at MCRM Fertility?
She is very involved, describes every detail. Answers all questions and makes sure you understand and does her best to explain differently if needed. Easy to contact, emailed back even after hours, seen her at all our appts. She was very supportive when we miscarried twins at 11 weeks and helped explain what happened, how to move forward when we were ready and what we could do differently. Very compassionate and understanding.
Always ask questions, she wants you to be involved and know exactly what's happening and make that personal connection.
Dr Aubuchon is very involved and concerned with our feeling, very hands on
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen A, Kristin and Rachel)
They are very caring and involved, they work together to help everything go smoothly. Jen A was with my 1st cycle, she came and seen me for my d&c also when I returned a year later for our 2nd cycle she came to see how my husband and I were doing and gave us a hug
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
They all work together to provide the best care. They help find the best treatment for you, help find the best deal for medications and make sure you are comfortable and understand everything going on. Very responsive to emails or phone calls.
She is very open and discusses the options and what she feels is best. She only transfers 1 or 2 5 day embryos. She says there is no reason for more to be transferred that it's very irresponsible of Drs that do more. She explains the possible outcomes for each choice
Chesterfield

Very smart man [Dr. Ahlering]! Felt like he would get me pregnant. He was Misleading thinking I would have more embryos and only ended up 2! He didn’t have anything to say! He didn’t feel there was anything wrong or anything to change if there was a next time!... He believes everyone should do PGS testing no matter theirs age and only out 1 PGS tested in at a time! I appreciated that! And first transfer results in a perfect baby
While the dr and a couple nurse are great! There other staff [at MCRM] is not up to part! Feel like you aren’t heard and can’t get ahold of anyone! Can tell they have a lot of patients because they seem to never know anything about you specifically just what the chart says... I was not called with my results for my husband or myself! Also wasn’t called with results... 21,000 for egg retrieval transfer and meds! This includes embryoscope, embryo glue!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM Fertility?
Very smart man! Felt like he would get me pregnant. He was Misleading thinking I would have more embryos and only ended up 2! He didn’t have anything to say! He didn’t feel there was anything wrong or anything to change if there was a next time!
Push for what you want! Look for answers why before just seeking treatment
They looked at your situation and made a different protocol based on that!
I was on gonal F, cetrotide, and menopur! Started standard dose and then each ultrasound they would change the dose! He watched me very close since I had a lot of Eggs! And put me on cetrotide after to help not over stimulate!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen )
Loved jen! My Coordinator for transfer not so much
Describe your experience with MCRM Fertility.
While the dr and a couple nurse are great! There other staff is not up to part! Feel like you aren’t heard and can’t get ahold of anyone! Can tell they have a lot of patients because they seem to never know anything about you specifically just what the chart says
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM Fertility.
I was monitor by my ob besides 2 times that dr A! Came to tulsa to monitor me!