Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
717 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Methodist For Women to a friend?
9.7

I only had one incident where I arrived at the clinic [Methodist for Women] for a baseline ultrasound and the receptionists did not know I was to be coming in and so there was some confusion. ... Each cycle including bloodwork, medications, ultrasound, donor sperm and IUI is $2800 ... After my first IUI, my doctor, nurse and the receptionist as we were leaving all wished me "good luck." When I called with a negative test result, they all had a lot of compassion. ...
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I only had one incident where I arrived at the clinic for a baseline ultrasound and the receptionists did not know I was to be coming in and so there was some confusion. Other than that, everyone has always been pulling for me. After my first IUI, my doctor, nurse and the receptionist as we were leaving all wished me "good luck." When I called with a negative test result, they all had a lot of compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She has excellent bed side manner, a good sense of humor and always explains things in a way that anyone could comprehend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Everyone in the Reproductive Endocrinologist floor is very kind. The receptionists are always friendly and helpful. The nurse I speak to most often is Monica and she always listens to my questions/concerns. She is non-judgmental and tries to get back to me as soon as she can. I really feel that everyone there is pulling for you to get a positive test.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
From the moment that I had my initial consultation I had a renewed sense of hope for a course of treatment. My wife and I had been trying for a year already with donor sperm at home. I had a chemical pregnancy and a missed miscarriage in that time. Dr. Delaney was very kind and hopeful that with some additional testing and treatment, I may be able to have a successful pregnancy. She answers my questions and seems to genuinely care about me as her patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Delaney is very kind and to try to be patient because all of this fertility treatment takes a long time.
Describe the protocols Abigail Delaney used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
I had baseline testing and an ultrasound for one monitoring cycle. I was then put on 75 iu of Follistim injections for the first 5 days of a new cycle and after an ultrasound I was bumped up to 150 iu of Follistim for 4 more days. I had 2 follicles that were over 18mm and so I gave myself a shot of Pregnyl and 36 hours later I got my IUI. It was not successful and for the next cycle I will start at 150 iu of Follistim. I have lower estrogen levels and so they want to start getting those numbers higher right from the start.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.

[Methodist for Women- Omaha's] Strengths: Helpful when dealing with insurance and costs up front. Easy to get in. They do not have appointment times, it’s first come first served for bloodwork and ultrasounds. I am also able to go before I need to be at work. They make scheduling transfers and retrievals easy! Weaknesses: Lack of information shared with the patient without probing them for it. We don’t alway even know what to ask and I feel like a lot of important information is missed.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is very honest about what to expect in a very high level overview. We also saw a lot of the same nurses every time we went. However, no one calls us by name and no one goes into specific detail about results or why we might be experiencing infertility. They also do not seem to check for other issues even after being pressed.
Most of the nurses are great! They were always super friendly when calling us back to be examined and when they called with updates.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is very blunt when answering questions. She does not go into detail about results and doesn’t seem concerned about changing protocol after failed transfers. She also would not make any recommendations for us for our second retrieval which had a worse outcome than the first.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Really press for the answers you want. Be your own advocate!
Describe the protocols Carolyn Doherty used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
Our first retrieval I was on too low of a dose of Gonal F. We had to extend the amount of time before retrieval could be done. The second round I was on too high of a dose and had OHSS. The first time resulted in only 3 embryos being viable after PGS testing. The second retrieval only resulted in 2 embryos after PGS testing. Both transfers have failed. Both times we asked what could have been done differently and we were told “nothing”. We were told that the numbers of embryos available was low but for no certain reason. They also didn’t do any blood testing before frozen embryo transfers which resulted in my progesterone being low both times and they upped it after the transfer. I wish they were more in depth with our results and how that compares with where we should be expected to be.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Methodist For Women.
First come, first served. You do need to line up outside of the office about 30 minutes earlier than they open if you want to be the first seen. Times were convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women.
I believe an IVF Freeze All was around $12,000 and a Frozen Embryo Transfer was around $3,000 including all the monitoring appointments.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women.

Anovulation, Immunological, Unexplained
We did several rounds of Femara and Clomid, 1 IUI and so far one round of IVF with ICSI and PGS testing [at Methodist for Women]...You speak to a different nurse each time. They sound rushed on the phone and many times call at end of day with results so you have to wait until following day to call them back. Pressured me to move forward with more advanced procedures. Got offended when I ask to talk to Dr Oakes about next steps. They may be just overworked but it makes your feel like cattle. I did really like Suzanne. Most of my interactions with them were via phone but she was very kind.
Anovulation, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are organized however I do not like the open concept. After meeting with the doctor or doing an ultrasound you meet with doctor and a counter in hallway. Anyone passing through can hear what she is saying along with all of the gals at front desk. Lacking privacy. Karen from billing is friendly and helpful. Ladies at front desk are kind of hit and miss.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Didn’t feel like the nurses treated you like a person but Oakes usually did. I was disappointed that she did not talk to me or my husband after retrieval or call me when my transfer failed. The nurse thought she had called me already but hadn’t. Initial consultation was excellent but down hill from there. Always seems like they are rushed and just pushing you through.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
She is knowledgeable, compassionate but seems overworked and stretched too thin. Some conversations seemed rushed. I was told we could take treatments as slow as we want but then we’re pressured to move forward with more advanced treatment options before we were ready.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Do research, advocate for yourself, don’t be afraid to ask questions. She is a great doctor but time with her is limited. Many times the nurses try to intercept any issues you have when you want to talk to Oakes.
Describe the protocols Meghan Oakes used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
We did several rounds of Femara and Clomid, 1 IUI and so far one round of IVF with ICSI and PGS testing. Took Gonal F and Cetrotide for retrieval and estrogen and progesterone shots for transfer.
Generally a long wait, especially Monday and fridays. I drove several hours for appointments and waited longer than my appointment was.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women.
I spent a $3800 for IUI with meds and about $12k for 1st round IVF wth meds and some insurance coverage.
Describe Meghan Oakes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist For Women.
Elected for one do to uterine abnormality.
Omaha

Anytime the nurses [at Methodist for Women] called, they knew what was going on in our cycle without me having to tell them. They call back within a timely manner, and always answered any questions I had... Most of my ultrasounds were done by one of the doctors, and then they would talk with me after about how everything looked and what the next step was. I loved that I saw a doctor every time I went
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic itself is located on such a beautiful, clean campus. The staff is always friendly. I love that when I call a person always answers, not a machine. I was incredibly impressed when I switched clinics and Karen called my insurance company and found a few benefits that I had and didn’t know about. She helped immensely without me even asking.
After each ultrasound appointment, I was able to talk with Dr.Oakes or one of her partners about the next step. They always took their time and answered all questions. After our embryo report came back less than expected, Dr. Oakes personally called me to discuss our options.
Anytime the nurses called, they knew what was going on in our cycle without me having to tell them. They call back within a timely manner, and always answered any questions I had.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
A friend referred me to Dr.Oakes, and I absolutely agree that she is amazing. The first time we met her she sat and talked with us about our history and truly listened to what we wanted. She allowed us to determine what we were comfortable doing for our next treatment. When our second IVF cycle results didn’t go as planned, she called me personally. She was straight forward, but stayed positive for us for future options.
She is not scared it give her honest opinion, so she may tell you something you don’t want to hear. However, she does what is in the best interest of the patient.
Our first IVF cycle was at a different clinic. When Dr.Oakes reviewed the protocol, she made a few changes. I switched from 75 of menopur and 150 of gonal f to only 300 of gonal f. She also watched my estradiol very close before egg retrieval because I had very high levels the first cycle. I was told to use a lupron trigger, and we gave my body an extra day to let smaller follicles catch up. I ended up with double the amount of eggs retrieved from my first cycle. She also had us freeze our embryo rather than do a fresh transfer because of the high estradiol levels.
Monitoring appointments were all done in the morning between 6:30- 9:30. Since I had to commute, I liked that I didn’t have to be there at an exact time. Plus I think it is nice for people that don’t want to take time off of work to be able to go early in the morning. Most of my ultrasounds were done by one of the doctors, and then they would talk with me after about how everything looked and what the next step was. I loved that I saw a doctor every time I went.
Our initial consult visit was $400. Typical monitoring appointments included an ultrasound for $225 and blood work $80-100. I had 3 monitoring appointments and 1 additional blood draw prior to retrieval. The day of retrieval we paid $9,300 which included biopsy for PGS testing. We have not done our transfer yet, but I believe it is between $4,500-5,000. All of these costs were in addition to medications which range widely in cost.
We did not discuss this, and only ended up with one embryo, so it was not an issue.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
They [Methodist For Women] are all working on one thing, helping you have a baby. No matter what nurse or doctor called me, they knew everything about my plan and answered any questions I had.... Strengths: experience, reputation, success rate, plan, staff on same page Weaknesses: big staff, may feel like you are always seeing someone else If you are looking for comfort, compassion and hugs - Dr. Doherty may not be the doctor for you. Dr. Oakes at the same clinic is much 'softer'. If you want straight answers and an upfront action plan, Dr. Doherty would be a great match!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Dr. Doherty has a plan that has proven to work. She cares deeply about her patients but may come off as blunt or rushed.
This staff - doctors and nurses can be described in one word: Team. They are all working on one thing, helping you have a baby. No matter what nurse or doctor called me, they knew everything about my plan and answered any questions I had.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
After our second miscarriage (no previous live births) we wanted answers, not hugs. That's exactly what we got from Dr. Doherty. She had a plan from our consultation and left no stone unturned. We are currently in cycle three of seeing her. Since our first visit she has: found I have Linden Factor IV during genetic screening, found and removed a polyp in my uterus via Sonohysterography and ultrasound, identified that my hormone levels at ovulation are VERY low. This cycle we are doing Gonal F injections and had a very in depth class teaching us how to do injections. Dr. Doherty takes our concerns seriously, but we have had very few as she has a proven track record to get the job done! We adore Dr. Doherty and at a time when we felt hopeless she was exactly what we needed.
Dr. Doherty is blunt. She may come off as unprofessional or bad bedside manner. If you are you a stage where you need comfort and hugs from a specialist, I would not recommend her. If you are at a point where you want answers and a plan - she is the doctor you want!
Cycle Day 1: call the office Cycle Day 3: hormone panel & genetic screening Cycle Day 7-10: Sonohysterography Positive ovulation: ultrasound and labs *This identified that I had Linden Factor IV, a polyp in my uterus and very low levels during ovulation* Treatment plan for low hormone levels (this may vary based off of ultrasound/lab results from injections): *Attend a free shot giving/taking class, apply for discounts before arriving *Cycle Day 1: call the office *Cycle Day 2 or 3: ultrasound to get the 'green light' to start treatment *Cycle Day 3-8: injections *Cycle Day 8: ultrasound and labs *Cycle Day 8-10: injections *Cycle Day 10: ultrasound and labs *Rest of cycle: continue monitoring to determine when to do trigger shot and timed intercourse or IUI.
Consultation: $450 Genetic Screening: $99 (insurance covered) Gonal F + Trigger shot: $1300/mo (no discounts, no insurance) Ultrasound/labs: $350 IUI: $800
Omaha

The clinic [Methodist for Women-Omaha] is very clear about what toy can expect from them. They communicate very will. Albeit can be a bit cold and clinical and not a lot emotion. When I had to call with the result of my negative test I was in tears but the front desk coordinator was sympathetic. You always know who you're dealing with, as in you have a dedicated team and you're not shuffled around for conveince, which can be frustrating, because you're life will revovle around the clinic and doctors schedule but you know they are doing what's best for your body.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic is very clear about what toy can expect from them. They communicate very will. Albeit can be a bit cold and clinical and not a lot emotion. When I had to call with the result of my negative test I was in tears but the front desk coordinator was sympathetic. You always know who you're dealing with, as in you have a dedicated team and you're not shuffled around for conveince, which can be frustrating, because you're life will revovle around the clinic and doctors schedule but you know they are doing what's best for your body.
Maud is very clinical so at times it can feel like you're being herded through but she is there for every appointment and I was even allowed to call her cell directly which makes you feel like she does care even if she doesn't get emotional with you
I believe she only had a few nurses working for her at the time. You typically dealt with Dr. Doherty but you also talked to the one or two nurses that were on her staff and the front desk coordinator. Nurses will call with results, desk will do scheduling, and Doherty handles everything else. I had general questions in regards to my PCOS one nurse was open to diet changes but another was blatantly frustrated that I wanted to try supplements to help.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
At times it felt like she was only interested in her treatment plan and not listening to your concerns. That was hard. If I had a question sometimes I got a snarky remark but her only goal is to get you pregnant and she'll work towards that by telling you how she thinks your body is reacting. She can be funny. Not that spirituality is important in a doctor but she was awkwardly silent when I mentioned something about prayer. She was open to letting my mom come along on an appointment when my husband couldn't. She's funny and can put your mind at ease a bit with her direct communication on your treatment. My husband and I have discussed switching clinics but it's due to cost. Otherwise when your patient of Dr. Doherty it's easy to see what her goal is for you.
To just be advised sometimes it feels like she's not listening to you because of how clinical she is but she is there at every appointment. She will even give you her cell number to discuss treatment options or to deliver bad news
We asked to try IUI with sperm donation. Originally she wanted me to do IVF but I wanted to try IUI first. I was on injectables and after the insemination progesterone. She adjusted the dose as my body wasn't growing the eggs fast enough and my lining was still thin. We took a class on how to use the needles, what each one might look like. where to place them. The pharmacy they recommended was also incredibly knowledgeable and responded well to all questions relating to the medicine. The main office person was helpful in helping with what medical issues I should avoid when picking a donor as I was diagnosed as being a carrier for gauchers disease. It was reassuring to be walked through the process. Weekly/ daily blood draws, a saline injection to see if tubes were clear then a dye test to see if tubes we're still clear, weekly ultrasounds. My husband was diagnosed with azoospermia. He had to have a biopsy done on both his testicles after his sperm analysis yielded no results. The urologist was incredibly kind. Talking about the different paths to parenthood. It was a highly emotional day and then weekend when Dr. Doherty called with the results that Saturday morning of the biopsy. My husband stated he liked how compassionate the urologist was with his treatment.
All testing was covered by insurance, with co-pay... even the dye test! But treatment was not covered. Due to needing a sperm donor overall cost was close to $5,000. Medications were well over $400 $1,000 for the sperm donation, included shipping. Over $1,000 for the insemenatiom itself. The rest would be paying for blood draws and ultrasounds. We were a little younger and didn't have access to $5,000 we had to borrow it and drain our savings. We're trying to build back up to move forward with IVFwith ICSI
Describe Carolyn Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist For Women.

8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Meghan Oakes at Methodist for Women] gave us a folder full of info at our initial consultation with her that included a run-down of all of the possible procedures and their associated costs. The egg retrieval (aspiration) was exactly $9,300. Up until then we had spent $893.03 in various procedures and tests. The injectable drugs were $980.78 through mailorder, and that was with a 25% coupon provided by the office. The genetic testing was completed at another facility and we have yet to receive the bill, but I know it will be thousands of dollars.
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The hospital is beautiful and new. But it is located in Omaha and we live an hour away in Lincoln, so every time we need to go up there for an appointment its a half-day ordeal. But that can't really be helped. Parking is always easy. There is lots of retail and restaurants nearby.
The doctor has been wonderful. Even though our outcomes thusfar have been disappointing, the doctor has been friendly and open with whatever questions we may have. She has been considerate of our feelings but will also get to the point at the same time.
I wasn't there enough to learn their names, but their faces were familiar enough to make me feel comfortable. Everyone is REALLY nice. They encourage you to eat their candy.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
I don't have any bad things to say at all. She is kind, and friendly, and seems to be extremely competent. I guess the only negative thing I can say is that she does not seem to have any knowledge regarding the financial side of the business. Her office provided a coupon for the injectables which was nice, but there wasn't any info provided for other coupon programs or grants, like what Fertility IQ provides. And we're having a really tough time with the bills from all of this.
Don't hesitate to ask questions.
The injectable I was prescribed was Gonal F 300iu every day for about 14 days total. I started going to my local office that partners with Dr. Oakes' office for blood draws and ultrasounds, and the office would call me with instructions for what I should do for the next few days until my next blood draw and ultrasound. They increased my dose to 450iu early on because the ultrasound only showed a few eggs, and the doctor said that if the increased dose did not help my body produce more eggs then we would quit with this cycle and try for the next because the egg retrieval procedure is the priciest part of the process. The increase in dose helped increase my egg count a little, and around day 14 or 15 my husband helped me to inject my "trigger shot", and within a day or two I went in for my egg retrieval. They retrieved 8 eggs and two of those were not mature. Of the 6 remaining, 5 fertilized successfully. However, we did genetic testing and found out that all 5 embryos were severely genetically abnormal. The Dr. Oakes called me personally to tell me this and she also said that had we not performed the genetic testing and skipped to the implantation, none of the embryos would have survived because they were so abnormal. She has a plan to change up my injectables for our next IVF attempt, but we are trying to save up money until we can afford to do this all again.
She gave us a folder full of info at our initial consultation with her that included a run-down of all of the possible procedures and their associated costs. The egg retrieval (aspiration) was exactly $9,300. Up until then we had spent $893.03 in various procedures and tests. The injectable drugs were $980.78 through mailorder, and that was with a 25% coupon provided by the office. The genetic testing was completed at another facility and we have yet to receive the bill, but I know it will be thousands of dollars.
We never got that far into the process.
Omaha

Very friendly staff [at Methodist for Women]. When I call they know exactly what my treatment method is, and they are fantastic at walking me through everything I want to know and answering any questions I have. I’ve called back many times with additional questions and they were always wonderful at telling me exactly what I needed to know! They are also extremely responsive and get back to me within the hour.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I have no complaints and have had nothing but positive experiences during the super difficult process. I wouldn’t change a thing. The doctors and nurses are top notch and I’m so glad that my OBGYN recommended this clinic.
I feel like she really took the time to get to know my husband and I during our consult and answered all of our questions and gave us advice for the best possible outcome. I had an ectopic pregnancy after an iui that was really hard, and we kept trying which resulted in a positive test from my first IVF cycle.
Very friendly staff. When I call they know exactly what my treatment method is, and they are fantastic at walking me through everything I want to know and answering any questions I have. I’ve called back many times with additional questions and they were always wonderful at telling me exactly what I needed to know! They are also extremely responsive and get back to me within the hour.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
I think she has a realistic approach, and talked us through our options. She had both of her children through IVF, so I feel like she can relate to our struggle and she knows what we are going through. She was extremely compassionate, especially when we went through an ectopic pregnancy after an iui. I got pregnant on my first IVF cycle and I’m currently 13 weeks along!
Read some fertility books, get to know your body and your cycle. Seek out as much information as you can and go in educated enough to ask good questions!
Day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound, sonogram, 2 rounds with injections with iui. Result was ectopic pregnancy. Did IVF and got pregnant on my first cycle, and have 3 PGS tested eggs on ice!
I'm trying to remember, I think the initial consult was an hour and a half and was a couple hundred dollars. The day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound was a couple hundred and the injections were about $4k per cycle. During the consultation I received a price list that was very detailed so you know what the cost is up front. I have united health care and my plan covered about 25% of my bills, which was a pleasant surprise!
Because of my age she initially suggested transferring two, but since we did pgs testing on the embryos we only transferred one which was successful!
Omaha

They [Methodist for Women] were very organized and the girl at the front desk was very knowledgeable of her job and what needed to be done. It was also a very calming suite and didn’t have that white sterile feeling that some offices have. The consultation fee is $400 which could be steep for some people but for us, we feel like we got our money’s worth. I also think it’s neat how they hang all the Christmas cards they receive up in the lobby. They’ve helped so many families conceive and those families still are thankful for the help they receive. It’s really neat to see.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They were very organized and the girl at the front desk was very knowledgeable of her job and what needed to be done. It was also a very calming suite and didn’t have that white sterile feeling that some offices have. The consultation fee is $400 which could be steep for some people but for us, we feel like we got our money’s worth. I also think it’s neat how they hang all the Christmas cards they receive up in the lobby. They’ve helped so many families conceive and those families still are thankful for the help they receive. It’s really neat to see.
We met with Dr Doherty for our intotal consultation even though I had recently found out I was pregnant. She immediately wanted to do an ultrasound and found an ectopic pregnancy that had been missed by a previous ultrasound from another doctor. She was very supportive and comforting as she delivered the bad news. That day she removed my 2nd tube and delivered the news we would only be able to conceive through IVF, after having 3 ectopic pregnancies. She hugged me and apologized for having to be the “bearer of bad news”. The fact that she did my surgery and was dedicated to my previous and current care showed us we were more than just a number. She gave us the facts straight but she was still very warm in her delivery. We were very pleased with her after only meeting her that day. We felt as if we had been working with her all along.
They were very nice. The nurse that asked me my initial questions at our consultation was very thorough and already knew a lot of my information before I told her. She seemed very prepared and was also very engaged in our conversation. There was also a new nurse shadowing and she was very polite and thanked us for our time after we spoke to them. Also, when it was time for me to get admitted into the hospital for surgery, a staff member was very quick to escort us to my room at the connecting hospital.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
As explained before, Dr Doherty came Into our lives at a very difficult time. I was pregnant for the 5th time (zero children) and was very suspicious that I was having another ectopic. I had already had two ectopics with a removal of my right tube. My OB had already said I was negative for ectopic two days prior to Dr Doherty seeing it in an ultrasound. She was very straightforward with the details but yet very warm in her delivery. She didn’t sugar coat things and let us know she needed to remove my left tube and that IVF would be our only option moving forward. She hugged me several times and apologized for having to give us this bad news. She performed my surgery and also ran genetic testing that day so it was already done when we were ready to move forward with treatments.
She doesn’t sugar coat information. She’s very straightforward and gives you the facts you need. Some people may want a provider who isn’t like that but for us, it was exactly what we needed. We had felt for so long we weren’t getting the answers we needed to move forward and with one day with Dr. Doherty, it was refreshing. Even though we received bad news, we still felt more hopeful than we have been in the last 4 years of our infertility journey.
We have yet to actually receive extensive treatment from Dr Doherty. She has only performed my tubal removal surgery and provided us with all the information for IVF. She did choose to remove my left tube because of an ectopic because she was worried of reoccurrence.
The consultation fee is $400.
Dr Doherty did mention that she would only do a single embryo transfer with me because of my size. I am rather short and we would be worried of the risks of preterm labor.
Omaha

The only criticism I have for this clinic [Methodist For Women] is that they don't have a patient portal of any kind. It made it hard to ask questions after hours, but never interfered with my cycle. Other than that, the clinic is extremely organized and fast. Monitoring appointments were a breeze and appointments were always on time...he nursing staff during our cycle has been great. They have answered all of my questions and explained things in detail, even over the phone.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The only criticism I have for this clinic is that they don't have a patient portal of any kind. It made it hard to ask questions after hours, but never interfered with my cycle. Other than that, the clinic is extremely organized and fast. Monitoring appointments were a breeze and appointments were always on time.
At my initial consult with Dr. Doherty, I felt very welcomed and comfortable in the clinic. After 2 failed IVF cycles in 2016 and 3 failed IUI's in 2017, I had very little trust left in any doctor I met with. Dr. Doherty took the time to review all of my (many, many) files, and assured me she would do everything she could to yield better results for our 3rd egg retrieval. Throughout our cycle I felt as though each of the nurses and doctors I saw or spoke to genuinely cared about the outcome of the treatment.
The nursing staff during our cycle has been great. They have answered all of my questions and explained things in detail, even over the phone. They showed great compassion when our FET failed and have continued to cheer me on.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Doherty would easily be described as "blunt". Some may see this as a bad thing, but she never sugar coated anything or made us get our hopes up higher than they should have been. Personally, I am grateful for that. With our history, the last thing I wanted was to be told one thing and have another happen. Dr. Doherty performed my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, and she will be doing our second embryo transfer next week. She has been great about explaining everything in detail and letting me know what to expect.
One piece of advice I would give any prospective patient, is to be ready for the cold hard truth. We went into our 3rd cycle (first with Dr. Doherty) thinking our infertility was unexplained. After our cycle with Dr. Doherty, we found out that I actually have very poor egg quality. Dr. Doherty did not in any way sugar coat this, which I really appreciated.
For this egg retrieval, Dr. Doherty had me on 225iu of Follistim (upped to 300iu on day 8) for 10 days. We also added in Cetrotide on day 8. We retrieved 24 eggs from this cycle - more than both of our first two cycles combined. Unfortunately from here our numbers dropped drastically due to poor egg quality. We ended the cycle with two frozen embryos (1 day 5, 1 day 6).
Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient at this clinic! The window was 6:30-9:00 and no matter what time I went, I never waited more than 15 minutes.
The cost of our IVF cycle total, was roughly $15,000. Each monitoring appointment was between $90-$315, the egg retrieval was around $8100, and each transfer is $4200. Thanks to a wonderful community, I was able to get most of my medications donated, and only had to spend about $200 OOP.
Due to my age (24), Dr. Doherty highly recommended a single embryo transfer, which is what my husband and I were most comfortable with as well.
Omaha

Monitoring appointments [at Methodist For Women] were from 630-9am with no set time. You were seen in the order you arrived. Sometimes the wait was a little long, but we expected it and it didn't bother us at all. We knew we would be seen when it was our turn...We were quoted up front $25,000 for the overall cost of one IVF cycle, which included retrieval, transfer, storage of embryos, ICSI, drug cost and PGS genetic testing. We ended up spending right around that.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Strengths: I had always heard that this particular clinic runs more like a business, and to a certain extent, I would agree with that. But only in a positive sense. They're very efficient and they have things running exactly how they need to to get from one patient to the next, all while giving you the best individualized care possible. Weaknesses: none
Dr Oakes always took the time to answer any questions we had, whether that be a phone call or when we saw her at appointments. She was caring and warm and made us feel so comfortable. We always felt like we were a priority to her. We also saw her every appointment, not just a nurse which was very reassuring to us and made us feel like we were in the best hands. She would take as much time as we needed to go over any questions or concerns we had.
The nurses were always available for questions or concerns, and if they couldn't provide you with an immediate answer, they would either talk to the doctor right away and get back to you, or have the doctor call you. They were also very prompt in returning any phone calls. Overall, they seemed very knowledgeable and were always very friendly.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes was by far the best doctor I have ever seen. The day we met with her for our first consultation after coming from another Omaha clinic, we knew we had made the right choice in switching. My biggest and only regret to this day is not starting with her. She was warm and compassionate and made us feel so comfortable under her care. She took the time to explain things to us and we saw her at every visit which was huge for us. It made me feel like she was completely invested in our case and also calmed any anxieties I had throughout the process. At 30wks pregnant now, I can honestly say not a day goes by that we don't miss seeing her--her ability to connect with her patients on a personal level is remarkable. While the process itself can knock you down, she's right there to pick you up and keep things moving in a way that gives you hope. She is truly amazing at what she does!
Utilize her knowledge...take it all in and do as you are told! Trust the process and know you are in the best, most capable hands!
I don't remember the exact protocol Dr Oakes had me on. I know I stimmed a few days longer than in my previous cycles under the care of another physician. I believe I used 375 units of Gonal-F for approximately 11 days, with Cetrotide added a little over halfway through. Retrieval was on day 13. I had 19 eggs retrieved, 7 day 5 embryos resulted, and 2 were PGS normal.
Monitoring appointments were from 630-9am with no set time. You were seen in the order you arrived. Sometimes the wait was a little long, but we expected it and it didn't bother us at all. We knew we would be seen when it was our turn.
I appreciated that Dr Oakes let you, as the patient, make that decision and didn't seem to judge you based on the choice you made. She gave us the facts regarding single vs. multiple and let us choose.
Omaha

[Protocol at Methodist for Women] IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
With all doctors, listen to them but also advocate for yourself. It is your care. Also, speak up if you don’t understand something. Know if your doctor is out, you will see one of the others. You speak with nurses rather than your doctor.
Wonderful.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
Although she is very smart, listen to your body and speak up if you feel a different way.
-IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Monitoring was fine. They always went in order. Some days would take a long time but you cannot help if there are a lot of people that day that needed the same care.
IUI with meds about $3700 IVF with meds and PGS about $21000
Omaha

[Methodist for Women's] monitoring hour are from 6:30am to 9am. This was perfect because I didn't have to miss a minute of work. I never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to be seen and it was extremely organized to walk in, sign in or check in, and wait for your name to be called. They generally always had my chart right there at the front desk because they track when individuals will be in for monitoring so I was always able to sign my consent and pay whatever was due right away. Once called back, bloodwork would take a max of 2 minutes and then you would be sent to ultrasound. It was quick!
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I love this clinic! When you walk in the door you are greeted instantly and always with a smile! They are friendly, kind, and care about you. They know you are spending a ton of money to be seen there so they do their best to always be prepared with you file right there and quickly get you signed in. The waiting room is large with a tv and a million magazines. They are quick and get patients cycled through quickly so I was able to go through my entire IVF cycle without missing an hour of work due to their work friendly hours! I cannot say enough good things about this practice and the way they work with working couples.
She's a straight shooter and tells you exactly like it is. She shares the worst case scenario so you aren't disappointed. It really just depends how you deal with that news, I was happy to have someone be blunt with me and she helped me to swallow the pill that IVF would be reality a lot sooner than anyone else could have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women.
My nurse was great, she was often too quick of a talker and seemed rushed. I always felt like I had to interrupt her and ask her to repeat something and when I would ask specifics she would never give me a straight forward answer.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She's phenomenal and straight forward. My previous doctor sugar coated everything and caused me to always get my hopes up. Doherty also does a great job of making sure that you have same day communication, you always see her, and you always know where you stand in your journey.
Be open to her honesty and bluntness. She is doing it for your own good. She is also open to what you want to do so feel free to tell her your thoughts and she will share research to back whatever method she feels is best. I loved this about her, everything was research based and she had it right there for you to read. This is all science afterall!
When I first began working with Dr. Doherty, it was following an ectopic pregnancy and tube removal surgery at another practice. Based on the surgery report from my past doctor she didn't feel comfortable moving forward until she did an HSG. At the HSG it was found that the surgery was not completed correctly or fully so I was scheduled for a second surgery. At that point it was determined that there was damage the the remaining tube and that my fibria were outside of my fallopian tube, instead of inside. At this point she told me, my best case to avoid another ectopic pregnancy was to pursue IVF. Since we were already into August and my body wasn't ready for treatment, she suggested I take a few months to get my finances in order and start in the new year. After the new year she started me on my IVF cycle which included birth control for 21 days, baseline bloodwork and ultrasound, and 11 days of STIMS followed by an egg retrieval 36 hours following my last injection.
Their monitoring hour are from 6:30am to 9am. This was perfect because I didn't have to miss a minute of work. I never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to be seen and it was extremely organized to walk in, sign in or check in, and wait for your name to be called. They generally always had my chart right there at the front desk because they track when individuals will be in for monitoring so I was always able to sign my consent and pay whatever was due right away. Once called back, bloodwork would take a max of 2 minutes and then you would be sent to ultrasound. It was quick!
For our IVF cycle, I believe it will be around $12,000 when it is all complete.
We have not gotten to this step as my body was overstimulated from producing 30+ eggs in my cycle so we have to wait for a transfer.
Omaha

[Methodist for Women is a] Beautiful clinic...They were mostly good about making me feel like a person, though I wish they were more understanding of the crazy financial burdens. They don’t really work with you: just tell you how much you have to hav up front, and if you can’t, too bad. No payments or anything and not really much compassion about it...My biggest complaint of the whole clinic was that there was almost zero compassion for how expensive everything was. I’m sure it’s something they deal with often, but the fact that there was very little room to work with people was frustrating. A couple of the nurses , though I don’t remember names, were exceptions to this, and at least acted sorry and understanding even though there wasn’t much they could do.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Beautiful clinic, though it’s far away for me as I live clear out in Bellevue. They need to have more financial support options for people who can’t afford hundreds of dollars up front and who’s insurance doesn’t cover a lot of the advanced stuff. I get that they need to get paid, but a quick credit check would have shown that we would pay them back if we could do installments.
They were organized and helpful. My biggest complaint of the whole clinic was that there was almost zero compassion for how expensive everything was. I’m sure it’s something they deal with often, but the fact that there was very little room to work with people was frustrating. A couple of the nurses , though I don’t remember names, were exceptions to this, and at least acted sorry and understanding even though there wasn’t much they could do.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She was very hopeful at our initial consultation, and there never seemed to be much in the way of bad news or signs of problems, but we never got pregnant while seeing her. We were told we could do a few rounds of injections, but after the first decided the only option was IUI. We could only afford a single try, and it failed. I asked if we could do clomid or one of the other pills that were more affordable -as opposed to doing nothing - but she said no. So, that was pretty much it. Ended up being a giant waste of thousands of dollars, though I recognize that’s not necessarily her or the clinics fault.
Keep your expectations low even if it seems like it’s going well when talking to her. Bring a notebook. Felt like she sometimes talked fast and I’d forget what she said.
Don’t remember specifics. I was on a thyroid medicine that they say they give almost everyone. Never made any difference. I’d done clomid for a longish time with my regular doctor, and she took me off it. Did a couple cycles with Gonol F and just trying on our own, and then we did an IUI one cycle. Couldn’t afford anything else. Never had a pregnancy while with Doherty (prior to the clinic I had one pregnancy that ended in miscarriage with my regular doctor)
It’s been awhile, but each visit was about $200 up front as I recall, though our insurance did cover some of this. The IUI was something like 500 total for the IUI procedure if I recall correctly. The real expense were the hormones, though these are not sold directly by the clinic.

PCOS, Other
The clinic [Methodist for Women] itself is very nice. It's fairly new so it's very clean and up to date. As soon as you walk in the desk is straight inside the door and there's full staff behind the counter. Usually a clinic has one or two staff but each time we've gone in there's been at least 4 staff and they're all very nicely dressed and super friendly. The office is large so you can sit without having to sit next to a stranger or even near them. There's several little round tables that are covered with reading material. There's also an area with toys and stuff for kids to do!
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic itself is very nice. It's fairly new so it's very clean and up to date. As soon as you walk in the desk is straight inside the door and there's full staff behind the counter. Usually a clinic has one or two staff but each time we've gone in there's been at least 4 staff and they're all very nicely dressed and super friendly. The office is large so you can sit without having to sit next to a stranger or even near them. There's several little round tables that are covered with reading material. There's also an area with toys and stuff for kids to do!
Very personable and blunt. Does very well at explaining things and making sure we understand what she's saying.
So far each nurse we've encountered has been very friendly and caring. They are thorough and explain things very well to be understood by someone who doesn't understand all of the medical mumbo-jumbo.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Very sincere and passionate. She is caring and wants to do all she can to help achieve our goal and dream of having a child. Very skilled and knows what she's doing. Does not sugar coat or just tell you what you want to hear, goes above and beyond what any other doctor has done for us in years past to ensure we fully understand what the plan is and what to expect. Also not just telling us what we want to hear and getting our hopes up to then just crush our hopes down the road.
Understand that she is blunt and to the point. She will not tell you what you want to hear just because that's what you might need in the moment, she is honest from start to finish and will tell you if she's unsure or doesn't know.
We haven't done any cycles with her yet. We have just finished a surgery to fix my uterus and cervix from a previous event.
The only cost we've had so far is a consult fee of $400.00 but we haven't actually gotten billed as insurance is pending. We just had surgery yesterday so haven't gotten any information on the cost of the surgery yet.

2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Most of the nursing staff [at the Methodist Hospital for Women] was extremely warm and helpful, and would answer any question I called with or asked about appointments. There is one member on staff who could often be cold and uncommunicative even after I expressed anxiety or asked questions... It's great that the clinic is located in the Women's Hospital. It is a new and state of the art facility and I have confidence that all procedures done there are using the best equipment. I'd also note that the receptionists are friendly and helpful as well.
2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Problems, medications, procedures and results were explained thoroughly to me. Most of the staff was very good about taking my emotions into account when giving me good or bad news or doing diagnostic testing. Occasionally a nurse was a bit callous when performing an ultrasound.
Most of the nursing staff was extremely warm and helpful, and would answer any question I called with or asked about appointments. There is one member on staff who could often be cold and uncommunicative even after I expressed anxiety or asked questions.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Doherty was blunt about steps I could take to help in the fertility process, my prognosis, and setbacks that might and did occur. She was very knowledgeable and, particularly once she understood that I wanted to know every detail, fully explained the steps and the reasons for them. She was typically warm and conversational. Once in a while she seemed a bit rushed for time, but on other occasions she spent additional time with me. Overall, Dr. Doherty did not over promise and she delivered what she said she could; specifically, she told me she thought she could get me pregnant, but it would be hard.
She can be blunt, but she is doing it for your own good. It is very important to have reasonable expectations during this process.
I must admit to hating the monitoring appointments. You were seen in the order you arrived at the clinic and seeing the facility fill up each morning while I waited for testing to begin always made me anxious. I really wish they would schedule monitoring appointments, although I understand that may be practically difficult.
I believe each IVF retrieval cost about $10,000, with an additional $2,000 to $3,000 for a fresh transfer. A FET cost about $4,000 to $5,000. I think the IUIs were about $2,500. The medication for one IVF cycle was something like $4,000.
I think Dr. Doherty allowed me to make the call on how many embryos to transfer. I liked that approach because I was an educated consumer in this case and I knew what I wanted. I transferred more than one embryo on 3 occasions.
Omaha

There are some great nurses [at Methodist for Women] and some that showed less compassion. The staff returns calls promptly and will answer any questions you may have. If they don't know the answer, they will get Dr.Oakes help...Very organized and clean. Also very prompt and fast. They have open clinic hours from 6:30am-9 M-F which makes finding a time to get in easy...You pay for the medication (which ran me approximately $1000/cycle) at the pharmacy towards the beginning of cycle, and then the IUI ($800) at the time of IUI. Ultrasounds and lab work get billed to insurance and we haven't received a bill for that (having been using Dr.Oakes for 6 months).
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Dr.Oakes listens to your concerns and is genuinely interested in your wants and needs. She knows exactly who you are in you walk into clinic.
There are some great nurses and some that showed less compassion. The staff returns calls promptly and will answer any questions you may have. If they don't know the answer, they will get Dr.Oakes help.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Oakes cares about you as a person. She has great bedside manner and listens to your wants and needs. She will answer any questions you have and do so in terms you can understand. While going through treatment, another medical issue arose and she called 3 or 4 different specialists to help my condition. I felt like she truly cared. I trust Dr.Oakes and know she won't just do a cycle to appease me. She wants to make sure its right and that I have optimal chances for a positive result.
Make sure you ask questions while you are in clinic and can ask face to face. Office staff returns calls promptly, but sometimes I just want to talk to Dr.Oakes.
Dr.Oakes used the first IUI cycle to judge how my body responded to the FSH injectable. The next two cycles it seemed like we found the optimal dose. She ordered 6 days of FSH and then ultrasound and lab work to check follicle growth. Next, ultrasounds every other day (usually just 1-2 more), then HCG trigger and IUI 36 hours after trigger.
We have not reached the embryo transfer yet as still giving IUIs a chance.
Omaha

They [nurses at Methodist for Women] were beyond amazing. Each person from the front desk to the ultrasound tech was so supportive and kind each time we came in...In total we paid 2600 for the IUI , that includes the doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, medication and procedure...The clinic has an amazing staff. They were very compassionate and really listened to us. Any time I called I was able to speak with someone or get a call back in a reasonable amount of time and they speak the time talking with me, I never felt like they were rushing me off the phone.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
She made sure to speak with me in detail so I understood the process. I felt like she took the time to reassure me and when talking to her I felt very cared for.
They were beyond amazing. Each person from the front desk to the ultrasound tech was so supportive and kind each time we came in.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
I had a great experience with Doctor Doherty. I was very anxious and she was calming in each interaction. I felt like she really understood me and my husband's background and throughly went over the plan. Her confidence and kindest was very motivating.
Don't let you anxiety get in the way of giving and asking all the information you can. She is a confident and caring doctor.
We did a cycle of IUI. I did 75 iu of follistism injection once a day for four days and a trigger shot one day. There was frequent ultrasounds and blood work to monitor follicles,etc. This was out first iui cycle so that was the rationale for the dosage we began with and since I responded well there was no increase. The treatment resulted in a positive pregnancy and live birth.
Our insurance did not cover any of the cost. In total we paid 2600 for the IUI , that includes the doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, medication and procedure.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Monica [a nurse at Methodist for Women] was amazing, she really cared about her patients. Took the time to answer all questions, even if same question multi times. I can't say enough good things about her. There were some nurses who were not very friendly, but i didn't work with them very often nor remember their names.... We spent a total of 38,000 for both IVFs we did, this included medicine of which the first IVF was more expensive because of the long days we had to do meds
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Dr Oakes is amazing, Dr Maud is no friendly but gets the job done. If you can stand that, i like compassionate so i choose Dr oakes. Everyone was wonderful.
Dr Oakes is an amazing doctor. I had first (3 years back) visited with her partner, i was so turned off by her, she was rude and not very compassionate. Dr Oakes is just that. She treated me like someone who mattered and wanted to use us achieved a pregnancy where the previous doctor said he couldn't help us. No baby yet, but we are due in July. Dr Oakes said because of my low egg quality and my age 35 we should start the process all right after, she said that is what she would tell her loved ones. I just can't express enough how wonderful she is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: For the most part, Moncia helped us. )
Monica was amazing, she really cared about her patients. Took the time to answer all questions, even if same question multi times. I can't say enough good things about her. There were some nurses who were not very friendly, but i didn't work with them very often nor remember their names.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes is very compassionate, she will continue to switch things up as she sees fit when our first IVF failed. She told me she would let me know if we should give up and not waste our money but she was pretty confident she could get us pregant, with a low egg quality, the first IVF didn't work, we started again the following month and are pregnant with our miracle boy, due in July. No negatives for Dr Oakes, just positive to say.
She is wonderful, carrying and will treat you like family yet get the job done.
I was on the highest dosage the first IVF, we had to be on the shots for 18 days which is quite long as my eggs weren't growing. When we decided to do the whole process again, she decided to switch up (one shot in am, one in pm) as well as add two additional shots (am/pm) of lupron. Happy to say, 2nd time it worked, switching up, helped.
It was first come first serve, which i loved. There was no waiting times because they were behind with the previous patient, if you came first, you were seen first.
We spent a total of 38,000 for both IVFs we did, this included medicine of which the first IVF was more expensive because of the long days we had to do meds. We pay for all out of pocket, our insurance didn't cover one penny.
Dr Oakes suggested we transfer two embryos each time, which we did. It resulted in a single baby on our 2nd IVF
Omaha

the doctor usually comes in and performs part of the ultrasound [at Methodist for Women]...The clinic- Inliterally can’t say anything- not a thing bad about it! Their system is Flawless! They have a first come first serve ultrasound and lab draw clinic In the mornings from 7-9 and it is AWESOME!...Every single one of them were amazing from the front desk to the phlebotomist to the anesthesiologist to my recovery room nurse. Everyone made me feel welcome. They made me feel like my story mattered and like we were on this path together to get us where we needed to be.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Oh my goodness. The clinic- Inliterally can’t say anything- not a thing bad about it! Their system is Flawless! They have a first come first serve ultrasound and lab draw clinic In the mornings from 7-9 and it is AWESOME! You walk in- the front desk girls already know you’re coming and show you an ABN for that day and have you sign it( because of course no insurance coverage for any of it). Then you go sit in the waiting room- typically not long after a nurse calls you back to go see the phlebotomist who is great at venipunctures. Then you either go straight from there to an ultrasound room if you need one that day or you briefly go to the waiting room. Then again a nurse calls you back, takes you to an ultrasound room- talks with you about what’s been going on for treatment, etc and then you have your ultrasound with the tech- who is super amazing as well- she too is very knowledgeable about the smite process- not just ultrasound. Then the doctor usually comes in and performs part of the ultrasound and then you get dressed- go out to the desk and discuss the plan and you’re out the door- it is such a smooth process! They really have it down to a science!
I will never forget feeling just an overwhelming sense of worry that IVF may not be the answer for us. That we may still not get pregnant. I hadn’t voiced that outright this particular day but Dr.Oakes could obviously just tell- she looked over at me, smiled and said, “things didn’t work out elsewhere because this is where you need to be. You’re here for a reason.” And then she proceeded to walk around the corner and give me a hug. I will NEVER ever ever forget that moment. And not just her- but the staff. Every single one of them were amazing from the front desk to the phlebotomist to the anesthesiologist to my recovery room nurse. Everyone made me feel welcome. They made me feel like my story mattered and like we were on this path together to get us where we needed to be.
There were only about two nurses that I remember working with during my egg retrieval, transfer and then at the beginning of my pregnancy and they were great!! They were kind, compassionate, empathetic, and professional. They called me back with answers to my questions promptly if they were not available to speak when I phoned in. I will specifically never ever forget the call 1 week after our transfer when we had gone down for my quantitative HCG to see if we were pregnant. The nurse called me with my results and said, You’re going to be a mommy!” Those were the best words I have ever heard in my life and she said them with such warmth- true compassion and excitement.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
My first encounter was the consultation appointment with her, myself and my husband. I remember sitting there across the desk from her discussing my history and our story with her and talking about what she would do as a plan. I remember thinking- she is a real person. She isn’t just another doctor that sees you as a number. She is a humble, genuine person. I remember leaving that appointment with her saying- “I am excited to do IVF with her.” I will never forget I was at the clinic for a follicle check during my injections prior to my egg retrieval and I was just starting to feel an overwhelming sense of worry that IVF may not be the answer for us. That we may still not get pregnant. I hadn’t voiced that outright this particular day however I remember looking up from my planner and Dr Oakes was standing in front of me and she smiled and said, “things didn’t work out elsewhere because this is where you need to be. You’re here for a reason.” And then she proceeded to walk around the corner and give me a hug. I will NEVER ever ever forget that moment. That is the moment I needed. She just has a way about her- confident and matter of fact yet just enough warmth to her that she is humble and genuine- as a nurse For the last 11 years I have worked with a lot of physicians and ones like her are hard to come by.
Be honest and be real with her. Don’t be afraid to say exactly what you’re thinking or how you feel because she will take the time to matter of fairly but warmly tell you what you need to hear in that moment.
I honestly now (2 years since my retrieval and transfer) don’t remember exactly what I did for injections. I do remember she had me to a depo Lupron injection for my trigger shot as she stated because Inhad so many follicles and my estrogen levels were so high she didn’t want to cause me to have OHSS. I recall starting progesterone injections right away daily and did them until I believe 11 weeks. As far as our egg retrieval I recall her encouraging/recommending ICSI just because we had unexplained infertility with no male or female factors and so she thought it would be best that they manually inject the sperm into the eggs just in case for some reason naturally fertilization was not happening on its own. She did only recommend that we transfer one embryo. We had done PGS testing and had good results. She said with that she felt very confident that I would get pregnant from transferring one embryo that had been PGS tested and was of high quality. As far a
There were costa for ultrasounds, blood draws, clinic visits, meds, egg retrieval, embryo process, PGS testing, frozen embryo testing

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Everyone's very friendly and helpful [at Methodist for Women]. The one drawback, is in the back area where are the rooms are, sometimes you can hear others because there's an area where everyone stops to talk with the Drs or nurses before they leave...very open and could be disconcerting...Karey worked with us on our calendar, explained each step is the process, got us a couple resources where we could apply for a reduction in the cost of the mess for the donor (we didn't qualify based on income, but did get a 10% rebate from one company), and answered all of our questions. If she wasn't sure, she said so and followed up with us quickly after getting the answer. She always greats us by name. Everyone else in the clinic is great too, from the from desk to the phlebotomist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound tech (who also was extremely compassionate during the ultrasound were we learned of the miscarriage).
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Everyone's very friendly and helpful. The one drawback, is in the back area where are the rooms are, sometimes you can hear others because there's an area where everyone stops to talk with the Drs or nurses before they leave...very open and could be disconcerting
Whenever I go in, everyone uses my name. Dr Oakes is very personable and follows up via phone when the situation warrants.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: Karey)
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes is very personable, very knowledgable, and very compassionate. She always presented all of the information to us, gave us her recommendation and the reasoning, and then let us discuss and make our own decision. During our process, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and so Dr Oakes recommended I get a mammogram even though I wasn't 40 yet. I ended up having to get a biopsy, and Dr Oakes called me on a Sunday with the results...a week before the oncologist. We recently miscarried, and Dr Oakes gave us so much compassion and kindness, along with knowledge and a little need humor to help ease our pain and our worries. She performed my D&C and again her kindness and compassion, mixed with her confidence and knowledge reassured us about the process. She had both of her sons via IVF and I think that insight helps.
She's in high demand...we have very few resources and she's great...so if you are headed in this direction, start now.
We started our process with our OB-GYN, who referred us to Dr Oakes after no success. Due to my age, we had only been going through it for about two years. Dr Oakes had us start with some retesting of levels. We learned that I was no longer producing eggs. I had my right ovary removed five years ago along with a dermoid cyst. That, combined with the PCOS, and my age and weight were all probably contributing factors. At this point we discussed our options. After meeting with Dr Oakes again, where she provided us with a lot of great information and resources regarding using donor eggs, that's the route we decided to go. We went on the wait list and last December, we had 3 donors to pick from. Once the donor egg process started, we did shots of Leuprolode...10 units each morning, in the thigh. We then added Estradiol 2 mg tablets. I started with 2 tablets for 3 days, then 3 tablets for three days, and then 4 tablets a day. And dropped to 5 units of the Leuprolode. Then right before the transfer, we switched to injections of progesterone...1 ml each morning. Once we were pregnant, both the progesterone and estrodiol continued...although we increased the progesterone to 1.5 ml.
Goodness, we are still paying, but they really try to send as much through insurance as possible. Here's the breakdown: Charges related to the Donor: Screening, Lab Work, Ultrasounds - $7366 Retrieval - $5676 Donor Fee - $4000 Medications - $3000 Charges related to recipient: IVF Lab Fee - $3345 Embryo Transfer - $2250 Pathology Fee - $92 I have a really great prescription plan, so all of my medications have been $10 per prescription...so far we've spent about $80. And then each week it's between $200 and $600, depending on the blood draw and ultrasound.
Omaha

The clinic [Methodist For Women] has wonderful office hours as they open very early in the morning. ... Their front office workers weren't always the warmest or most accommodating. I certainly never felt like they were excited to see us. ... Payment had to be made at each appointment before you could even sit in the waiting room. ... The nurses were very kind and organized but I did feel as though we were being herded through like cattle. ...
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic has wonderful office hours as they open very early in the morning. We were driving 3 hours to complete ultrasounds and blood work and then 3 hours home and still arriving to work between 8 and 8:30am. They definitely know how to move their patients. Their front office workers weren't always the warmest or most accommodating. I certainly never felt like they were excited to see us. Just there to time stamp your chart.
We felt that their top priority was playing the odds. They were very scientific (which is nice) but I wanted to know more than just the odds. I never felt like they really invested in us as a couple. I never felt that they had in interest in truly figuring out what was wrong with me. They just wanted us pregnant. Pregnant is exactly what I wanted as well but I had also already had two miscarriages with healthy genetic testing. I was afraid to move forward with expensive treatments without first knowing what was happening and I didn't feel that they were going to provide that for us.
This clinic was always very busy when were there in the early mornings for open clinic. This was the time that everyone coming in for routine or weekly blood work and ultrasounds was there. It was always very busy as this time. The nurses were very kind and organized but I did feel as though we were being herded through like cattle. From the time we arrived to the time we left it was maybe 30 minutes. Though they were very efficient with blood work and ultrasounds it typically felt rushed and as though they were trying to see how many people they could squeeze into one morning.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Oakes was recommeded to us by my OBGYN when she was out of ideas. Our first two visit with Dr. Oakes were wonderful. She sat us down and discussed our history (miscarriages) along with new ideas on how to move forward with treatment. She had new ideas and seemed eager to get started. We left with hope that we had made it to the right place. We started with blood work and shots and were driving 3 hours to the clinic weekly to prepare for IUI. This is when we felt like a number. After the initial consult we only saw Dr. Oakes a handful of times. Even during our IUI procedures we were with other doctors with no prior knowledge of a switch. I felt that she was knowledgeable in her skills but that her numbers were more important than a relationship with us. I'm wasn't looking for a best friend but I was looking for compassion and for the doctor I signed onto work with.
Dr. Oakes definitely knows fertility and she's there to do whatever it takes to get you pregnant. With us, though I was obviously there to achieve a pregnancy, I was also looking to make it past 6 weeks of a pregnancy (which I was unable to do, twice on my own). She believed we needed IUI and IVF and we weren't willing to invest in IVF without first knowing why I was having recurrent miscarriages. We never got the sense she was going to dig into that. Just the sense that she was playing whatever she found to be the best odds.
We used trigger shots, timed intercourse, and other oral medications for our 2 attempts at IUI. Both were unsuccessful.
Payment had to be made at each appointment before you could even sit in the waiting room. This included blood work and ultra sounds. This was approximately $150-$200. Our IUI procedures were approximately $1500.00
For religious reasons I was not comfortable with pulling as many eggs and making as many embryos as possible. I wanted to keep the numbers lower and more manageable so that selection was not a choice I would have to make. IVF was only a discussion so I never had to dive too deep into that discussion. I did have 5 follicles during one of our IUI transfers and felt very pressured to reduce if IUI had been successful.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I liked for the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodworm they [Methodist for Women-Omaha] had hours from 7-9ish were it was first come first serve. I didn't have to take any extra time off work for those appointments. Only for the actual procedures. That reduced the atress a lot.... It was a cattle call and a well oiled machine. They got you in and out. Called with blood test results and then plan. Seamless
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I liked for the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodworm they had hours from 7-9ish were it was first come first serve. I didn't have to take any extra time off work for those appointments. Only for the actual procedures. That reduced the atress a lot.
I was in so frequently that I recognized the staff and the recognized me. Everyone was really friendly. I never felt like they were just trying to make money off us. The doctor was always very up front about our odds of success and the nurses always took the time to return phone calls and answer any questions.
So helpful. Always answered questions and would return a bunch of phone calls. I always had lots of questions.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She knows what she is doing and she is very up front and honest. She won't sugar coat things and sometimes what she has to says is hard to hear. Honestly at this point in our journey I was tired of the sugar coating and appreciated her candor.
Her bedside manner is rough around the edges.
Iui we did follistim and ganirelix. For the first IVF we did the same meds. At retrieval they only got 4 eggs from 14 and only 1 embryo which didn't make it to transfer. The second cycle we switched to gonal f and cut out the ganirelix. I think because they thought it slowed down my follicle growth and I was a long stim. The second IVF we also did a double trigger since the eggs were so hard to retrieve the time before. Ended up retrieving eggs from all follicles (7), had 2 embryos, 1 made it to transfer and is a 4 month old bundle of joy.
Costs for the IVF and ultrasounds added up. It was expensive.
This wasn't an issue as we only ever had one embryo.
Omaha

The clinics [Methodist for Women] strengths are that everyone is so friendly. The doctor is amazing and easy to get in for appointments. I think the weaknesses could be that they close early on the weekdays. The clinic is easy to find, and easy to get a hold of nurses.... As of now- we've only done the ultrasound and lab work. Next we have to attend a fertility 101 class to learn about all the meds and their side effects. After that, we are full steam ahead with IUI once we have the funds.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinics strengths are that everyone is so friendly. The doctor is amazing and easy to get in for appointments. I think the weaknesses could be that they close early on the weekdays. The clinic is easy to find, and easy to get a hold of nurses.
I was referred to Dr. Oakes and very happy that I was. She is very nice, and very to the point. I felt like my husband and I were truly listened to, and she cares. We have done an ultrasound with water and labs with her so far. Next step is one more round of IUI. If that is unsuccessful I believe we move on to IVF when we have the funds.
The nursing staff was very friendly. They made the visit much easier with check in and calmed my nerves.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Meghan Oakes was very caring. She went through all of our history and thoroughly explained everything. She also laid out what steps we need to do next, and she was very nice. My husband agrees also. We felt that she listened to all of our concerns as well.
I would give future patients this advice- be open minded. There are so many options to help conceive a child. It is very overwhelming too.
Our consult was $400.00 with Dr. Oakes. Insurance covered zero! We have yet to receive the billing for our lab work and ultrasound.
I am unsure of this.
Omaha

Turn around time for a phone call is quick [at Methodist for Women]. They are always there to answer questions. The clinic made sure to make you feel welcomed and not a number. They always had a smile on their faces and warmth in their hearts for all of their patients.... They always were so friendly and very supportive. If you had a question they would do their best to answer and if they didn’t have an answer they would get one for me. They made my husband and I feel welcomed and supported.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Turn around time for a phone call is quick. They are always there to answer questions. The clinic made sure to make you feel welcomed and not a number. They always had a smile on their faces and warmth in their hearts for all of their patients.
Dr. Oakes always made sure we understood what was going on throughout our procedures. She always did her best to answer every question we had and made sure we would be okay after every failed attempt.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
She is very personable and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure to answer all of your questions thoroughly and lays all of different scenarios out for her patients. She made sure to check in on us when our attempts at different procedures had failed.
To make sure you always ask her any questions you have.
First round was supposed to be IVF. 225 of Gonal F with trigger. Didn’t produce enough eggs went to IUI. Failed. Second round of IVF attempt (mini) 450 Gonal F. Tested AMH. Found out my AMH is very low (.45). Peoceded with IVF retrieved 4 eggs. Two embryos made to day 5. Transferred both and failed.
They always did their best to get you in as fast as they could.
Omaha

Maud and staff [at Methodist for Women] were for the most part very friendly and warm. The clinic can get busy and sometimes I felt rushed through when I needed better details, but they would sense that and take the time I needed to better understand things. They had an appropriate demeanor of speaking "clinically" and frankly, while understanding the delicacy of the emotions that come with infertility.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Be prepared to wait before getting in. It is expensive and there are no payment plans.
Maud and staff were for the most part very friendly and warm. The clinic can get busy and sometimes I felt rushed through when I needed better details, but they would sense that and take the time I needed to better understand things. They had an appropriate demeanor of speaking "clinically" and frankly, while understanding the delicacy of the emotions that come with infertility.
Very friendly and welcoming
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
I had many reservations about seeing Dr. Doherty but they were quickly put to rest after our consultation. She is good at what she does. She is confident. She is effective. She is the best. She will not sugar coat, which I personally appreciate, but with that comes a lot of "potentials" that can infect your emotions. You have to dissect what she says and understand that "worse case scenarios" aren't necessarily your scenarios. She put me at ease from day one and made our journey feel seemless and controlled at all times. I would recommend her over and over again to anyone considering her clinic.
Be patient and ask questions when you don't understand something. People come to her with all different levels of knowledge and she manages many different cases, so speak up when you're unsure of something or have questions.
Expensive

2013 - 2015
I loved this clinic [Methodist For Women]. It was clean, quiet, and accommodating. Phones were answered quickly and messages returned promptly. Easily adapted to me doing some testing at another clinic because I lived an hour away...We paid up front for meds and doctors appointments. We were billed for our genetic testing... [Nursing Staff...]Helped to ease my mind when I would call in a panic about something. Our second round I needed to bring my toddler with and they were very helpful with him...
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I loved this clinic. It was clean, quiet, and accommodating. Phones were answered quickly and messages returned promptly. Easily adapted to me doing some testing at another clinic because I lived an hour away.
She knew our names. She shared her story with us and was very candid about the process. We knew what to expect and she was very good at actually listening and caring about our questions and process.
Very nice women. Respectful of my constant questions. Helped to ease my mind when I would call in a panic about something. Our second round I needed to bring my toddler with and they were very helpful with him.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
We looked forward to seeing Meghan at our visits. She was honest and gave us all the facts ahead of time instead of sugar coating the process. She was friendly and honest without being harsh. Blunt, but in a good way and she wanted us to make sure we knew that the process can be hard, but that she would work her best to get us what we wanted.
Expect honesty and bluntness. If your situation is difficult (I don't ovulate and my husband has low count and low mobility) she is going to tell you how it is and not sugar coat it. Hard doesn't mean impossible.
Omaha

One Monitoring with blood work go $317 [costs at Methodist for Women]. 300 to thaw the sperm and 300 for insemination. 400 is the consult...They are pretty good to work with. Soft spoken and answer all the questions you may have. The place is pretty clean and the nurses are very good...I wish the proper analysis and blood work was done based on my age to come up with a plan. Spent a lot of money trying IUI. Other then that, they have been exceptional to work with. Love the staff and other doctors I have worked with at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are pretty good to work with. Soft spoken and answer all the questions you may have. The place is pretty clean and the nurses are very good. It’s a bit pricey if the insurance doesn’t cover monitoring for fertility treatments.
Number because she kept asking me to try another cycle and try increasing the dose. AMH wasn’t checked until I added to check it.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Good bed side manners. Should have done more analysis on my results to come up with a plan instead of trying IUI with a really low dose. With low amh and slightly elevated fsh, would you do a unmedicates IUI with a sperm donor?
Do your homework and ask questions.
First IUI was unmediated and timed based on the size of the follicles and blood work. Second was medicated and started with 75 Gonal and increased to 150 the last 3 days. Just one follicle during that time. Third cycle, 75 hmg and then increased it 150 and then to 225. 2 follicles. Took a shot to delay ovukation and took a trigger shot. AMH was tested after half the cycle was done. After the 3rd failed cycle was recommended a 4th one.
One Monitoring with blood work go $317. 300 to thaw the sperm and 300 for insemination. 400 is the consult.
Omaha
[The nurses at Methodist for Women] are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions...There was a time frame of 3 hours in the morning that I could come for monitoring. Everything ran smoothly and I didn’t feel rushed...he whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are all so friendly and compassionate. The whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment. We had to cancel a FET because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
They are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is a great doctor!! When my FET was canceled she personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate
Trust her, she has your best interest in mind
Omaha

I waited in the lobby [Methodist For Women] for awhile before going back to speak to the fertility doctor. The staff were nice but did not have good communication.... The process seemed to be rushed and not talked through thoroughly. I think once the clinic found out that my insurance did not cover the procedure they seemed to not have interest in helping me.... I had my medical records sent to the doctor and called the following day leaving a voicemail. No one called me for over an week.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Staff were nice Long wait time The process seemed to be rushed and not talked through thoroughly. I think once the clinic found out that my insurance did not cover the procedure they seemed to not have interest in helping me.
The doctor that evaluated me seemed to be in a rush and I felt like I did not get the information that I needed.
I waited in the lobby for awhile before going back to speak to the fertility doctor. The staff were nice but did not have good communication.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Fast talking Seemed to be in a rush It took three weeks to hear back from a nurse to go over results. I felt very rushed. I have 3 children now and decided to get my tubes tied which I regret doing so. Kids are a joy and I can not afford IVF. I will be getting married and want to give the my soon to be husband a child.
To research before you go talk to a fertility doctor. And to never get your tubes tied.
I did not get to do the surgery due to after finding out that my insurance did not cover tubal reversal.
9 to 10 thousand

2010 - 2014
[Methodist for Women is] a very busy clinic. You do as you are told, when you are told. There is not an option to coordinate around your personal schedule. We had an hour long commute each way and many times were expected to show up at 7am for lab work with hardly any notice...After trying 3 rounds of clomid with my regular ob/gyn, our first cycle with her [Dr. Doherty] she insisted on doing another round of clomid with IUI. I felt like this was not a step forward (and ultimately did not work). The next round we did injections with IUI which was successful. Two years later, we went back to try for a second baby and did two rounds of injections with IUI which ultimately was not successful.
2010 - 2014
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
it’s a very busy clinic. You do as you are told, when you are told. There is not an option to coordinate around your personal schedule. We had an hour long commute each way and many times were expected to show up at 7am for lab work with hardly any notice.
She is very blunt and one my first consultation visit, told me I was too young to be in her office.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is lacking in bedside manner but makes up for it in knowledge. I highly doubt she remembers any of her patients names or personal details. She’s been doing this for a long time and gets the results, you just have to be willing to go along with her plan.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy
After trying 3 rounds of clomid with my regular ob/gyn, our first cycle with her she insisted on doing another round of clomid with IUI. I felt like this was not a step forward (and ultimately did not work). The next round we did injections with IUI which was successful. Two years later, we went back to try for a second baby and did two rounds of injections with IUI which ultimately was not successful.
2006 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
[The nursing staff at Methodist for Women was] Cold and numb. But I am sure they knew what they were doing...When we would go we would wait usually 30 minutes to 60 minutes. They staff was not very friendly when we had one of our miscarriages. Said this happens and start our next cycle so and so date. I am sure they are just so use to it that they become numb to it. But it was still very difficult...We did 3 rounds of IUI with her [Dr. Carolyn Doherty]...She is very bold! One of the miscarriages I had She acted like no big deal and told to move on. V
2006 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
She is very bold! One of the miscarriages I had She acted like no big deal and told to move on. Very numb to it all
Cold and numb. But I am sure they knew what they were doing.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She was to the point, which is fine. She was very fast. You can tell she has done this for a long time. She was professional at times. She seems to go very fast. She performed a surgery on me and told me I had stage 4 endometriosis. I had no idea what it was and she really didn't explain it at all. I did my own research. She seemed to communicate better with my husband.
She is very fast paced.
We did 3 rounds of IUI with her. She was open every day of the week. They did a good job monitoring my ovaries. Was about to start IVF- But unfortunaly we could not afford anymore due to us getting the surgery bill we had to pay out of pocket. Insurance in Nebraska does not pay for any infertility.
30,000 plus
We wouldn't care either way just a healthy baby.

2014 - 2017
Loved the actual clinic! Even though it [Methodist for Women] is like a cattle call, it was nice to sit in the waiting room with others and know that you’re not alone in this process. I also like going in during an open hours time (before work) vs always scheduling appointments....They were very reasonable with insurance coverage.... [Nurses] Very rude and not at all compassionate. But they were good at what they did.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Loved the actual clinic! Even though it is like a cattle call, it was nice to sit in the waiting room with others and know that you’re not alone in this process. I also like going in during an open hours time (before work) vs always scheduling appointments.
The way the office is set up, it feels very much like a cattle call. But personally, she treated me like a human.
Very rude and not at all compassionate. But they were good at what they did.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes was very kind and had a direct path in mind. She did take into consideration the path my husband and I wanted to follow. We were successful twice with her, which does help my view on the process.
Be your own advocate. Do your research and ask lots of questions. Get explanations of why she wants to go particular routes.
They were very reasonable with insurance coverage.
She wanted to try eSET first to see if we would be successful. She would rather me be pregnant with one vs two, as multiples can be very hard on the mom and babies to be.
Omaha

[Methodist for Women's] Strengths-quality care, honest and real, helpful staff Weakness-expensive care, lacked compassion It would be good for someone new to know about the cost assoxiated with infertility treatment. This clinic was helpful though... I did one IUI with Clomid. I looked into further testing and she had a plan for us but we decided not to pursue more treatment.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
She sat down and spoke to us and answered our questions.
No issues to report
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is honest and frank about speaking to you about your conditions. She was very blunt which I appreciated. I couldn’t ask for anything different in a doctor. She took time to address my concerns. I felt that’s she provided great care. I would go back to her if needed.
This process takes a while so be patient.
A lot! Thousands of dollars
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
You'll need to make numerous trips to the office [Methodist For Women- Omaha] for different testing. They will communicate any needs beforehand as much as possible. They are good about accommodating your schedule as much as possible.... It was over $1000 for each cycle of IUI. The medication was even more due to my estrogen levels.... She reviewed my past treatment with me before determining that we should test for tubal blockages. After performing that test she determined that we could try IUI or IVF. We decided to try IUI first because it's less intrusive and costly.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
You'll need to make numerous trips to the office for different testing. They will communicate any needs beforehand as much as possible. They are good about accommodating your schedule as much as possible.
Dr. Oakes and the entire staff were kind, thoughtful and genuine.
Friendly, personable and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
She was warm, honest and compassionate. She made me feel more at ease and optimistic. I went on recommendation from a close friend who had successful IVF. I felt like I made a new friend who was really knowledgeable after meeting Dr. Oakes.
Know that it's not an exact science and it may take time to determine the best course of treatment.
We agreed to their embryo selection processes.
Omaha

The clinic [Methodist For Women] is easy to get a hold of and friendly staff. Always able to answer questions. They were reassuring when I was nervous about seeing a new Dr. There was never a long wait to check in for your appointment or lab drop off...She [Dr. Meghan Oakes] has a very good bed side manner and takes time to answer questions you have and explain what's going on...She is compassionate and a good communicator
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic is easy to get a hold of and friendly staff. Always able to answer questions. They were reassuring when I was nervous about seeing a new Dr. There was never a long wait to check in for your appointment or lab drop off
She has a very good bed side manner and takes time to answer questions you have and explain what's going on.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
She is compassionate and a good communicator. She explained that that we have male infertility factor and without ivf we have 2% chance of getting pregnant naturally. She then explained why iui isn't an option for us due to sperm count how it would just be a waste.
She said as long as we are ok with chance of twins she's totally fine with transfering 2 embryos

2011 - 2013
10,000-12,000 for IVF [at Methodist for Woemn-Omaha]...Sometimes the limited window to do daily labs and ultrasounds made life slightly difficult as I had to commute 2 hours one way...Do their best to make smooth process and get you in and out as quick as possible since it is necessary for frequent visits dependent where you are at in treatment course...I only used injectables for all treatments, new lab work completed each year, regular ultrasounds and labs during treatment courses. After positive test regular ultrasounds and labs to monitor how pregnancy was progressing until reached point to transfer can to my OB of choice. I responded well to trwatments só not much change to planned course other than mild dosage changes to increase production of eggs
2011 - 2013
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Sometimes the limited window to do daily labs and ultrasounds made life slightly difficult as I had to commute 2 hours one way. Understand why the clinic ran that was and in the scheme of thing very mild negative aspect in my mind. Do their best to make smooth process and get you in and out as quick as possible since it is necessary for frequent visits dependent where you are at in treatment course
Felt like a human because they always made the attempt to connect with me on a personal level outside of why I was visiting the office.
Sometimes me being a nurse made it seem as though they didn’t go into grave detail but I had basic understanding already and if questioned something asked and was always given a complete explanation
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Always up front with me, when I asked a question I always knew she was telling me as it was and never sugar coating or instilling false hope. At my toughest times still willing to hear me no matter how unreasonable but open to my requests to change treatment paths if possible for me. For example after my failed IVF round and we decided to pursue route of donor, had one in medicated transfer and I was at an all time low in our journey. All I had to do was ask if possible/ good idea to use meds to increase odds. Had a call back that same day to discuss our plan.
If you are not ready to accept what she has to tell you based on findings bluntly then she is not the doctor for you necessarily but in my mind if your paying that much you want to the point, up front, and no beating around the bush.
As stated before issues I encountered related to the window and my work schedule with a 2 hour commute each way. It’s a big investment so you do what they say to ensure best odds and experience. Process seemed to make wait time lower for the most part and as smooth as possible
10,000-12,000 for IVF believe about half that for each IUI treatment with medications
Max transfer was 3 and that depended on embryo grading.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
This clinic [Methodist for Women] was referred to me by several of our patients and friends. I'm so glad i was referred by them all. I left with having a plan for when we were ready to move forward. The facility was nice and easy to find. I was very impressed with all the whole visit.... The nurses helped me understand each procedure and the next step to take... The consultation was $400. The procedure for IVF would of cost $15,000
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
This clinic was referred to me by several of our patients and friends. I'm so glad i was referred by them all. I left with having a plan for when we were ready to move forward. The facility was nice and easy to find. I was very impressed with all the whole visit.
I only met with Dr. Doherty once and she was very Stern on our options which was nice.
The nurses helped me understand each procedure and the next step to take.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
I was very please with Dr. Doherty. She knew what i needed for treatments. With no being able to afford all our expenses we were unable to further our treatments with her. She explained everything in which i could understand.
She is an amazing Doctor. I have no negative comments about her.
With Dr. Doherty I was unable to further treatments as we had spent all of our retirement money on IUIs at previous facilities and Doctors. Im unsure whether IVF would of worked for us or not. I had faith it would of if we were able to move forward with the IVF
The consultation was $400. The procedure for IVF would of cost $15,000
She would of only transferred 2 at a time.

2013 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Methodist for Women - Omaha] is clean and staff are caring. Appointments are quick and efficient but also thorough. The ultrasound tech is awesome at her job and wonderfully caring. The early hours are helpful to be able to get in and out and back to work.... My first cycle was about $32k (meds and hotel stays included). This FET cycle will be about $5-6k
2013 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic is clean and staff are caring. Appointments are quick and efficient but also thorough. The ultrasound tech is awesome at her job and wonderfully caring. The early hours are helpful to be able to get in and out and back to work.
She's got a lot of patients but always took as long as was needed to talk with me & genuinely wanted to see us with a healthy baby.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Oakes was kind and thorough. She always took time to explain things and was amazing through the difficult parts. Her partner, Dr. Dougherty was also very succinct & thorough. I always felt like both them, all her staff, and their amazing ultrasound tech genuinely cared & the nurses who drew blood are so good at what they do.
Take notes. The process is complicated.
Efficient and convenient.
Omaha

Billing has not been communicated well [at Methodist For Women], but I think that is the insurance companies fault. The office staff is funny, helpful, caring and accommodating. The lab worker could be a little friendlier, she was a little cold...the doctor [Dr. Carolyn Doherty] is very personable, funny and kind. She explained in detail everything I needed and has been very supportive...has recommended an option
European, South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Billing has not been communicated well, but I think that is the insurance companies fault. The office staff is funny, helpful, caring and accommodating. The lab worker could be a little friendlier, she was a little cold.
the doctor is very personable, funny and kind. She explained in detail everything I needed and has been very supportive.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Doherty is amazing! She has been very understanding and very reassuring. Dr. Doherty is funny, sweet and I just couldn't say enough nice things about her. She has explained in detail all of the steps and has recommended an option to help with treatment. She has a wonderful bedside manner and I have never had to wait long to see her.
First, she took a biopsy. Second, ordered some blood work. Third, has an ultrasound with water to check the uterus. Fourth, seaman analyses. Fifth, I will be attending a class for our option of IVF.
Omaha

The facilities [at Methodist for Women- Omaha] were nice, and the staff who work the office were great. Their willingness to check, double check and triple check with insurance to get things covered, even discovering a small portion of infertility treatments was covered through our policy and therefore we could go back and request a refund from treatments done at our previous clinic just goes to show how great they’ve been!
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The facilities were nice, and the staff who work the office were great. Their willingness to check, double check and triple check with insurance to get things covered, even discovering a small portion of infertility treatments was covered through our policy and therefore we could go back and request a refund from treatments done at our previous clinic just goes to show how great they’ve been!
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Pleased to have switched to her from a previous provider in another state. She took the time to explain things and it was clear she had reviewed records prior tothe consultation. She had suggestions for changing the course of action but let us have input throughout the process