Methodist For Women

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
717 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Methodist For Women to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 16Neutral: 3Don't recommend: 29.1
Very friendly staff [at Methodist for Women]. When I call they know exactly what my treatment method is, and they are fantastic at walking me through everything I want to know and answering any questions I have. I’ve called back many times with additional questions and they were always wonderful at telling me exactly what I needed to know! They are also extremely responsive and get back to me within the hour.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I have no complaints and have had nothing but positive experiences during the super difficult process. I wouldn’t change a thing. The doctors and nurses are top notch and I’m so glad that my OBGYN recommended this clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
I feel like she really took the time to get to know my husband and I during our consult and answered all of our questions and gave us advice for the best possible outcome. I had an ectopic pregnancy after an iui that was really hard, and we kept trying which resulted in a positive test from my first IVF cycle.
Very friendly staff. When I call they know exactly what my treatment method is, and they are fantastic at walking me through everything I want to know and answering any questions I have. I’ve called back many times with additional questions and they were always wonderful at telling me exactly what I needed to know! They are also extremely responsive and get back to me within the hour.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
I think she has a realistic approach, and talked us through our options. She had both of her children through IVF, so I feel like she can relate to our struggle and she knows what we are going through. She was extremely compassionate, especially when we went through an ectopic pregnancy after an iui. I got pregnant on my first IVF cycle and I’m currently 13 weeks along!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Read some fertility books, get to know your body and your cycle. Seek out as much information as you can and go in educated enough to ask good questions!
Describe the protocols Meghan Oakes used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
Day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound, sonogram, 2 rounds with injections with iui. Result was ectopic pregnancy. Did IVF and got pregnant on my first cycle, and have 3 PGS tested eggs on ice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women.
I'm trying to remember, I think the initial consult was an hour and a half and was a couple hundred dollars. The day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound was a couple hundred and the injections were about $4k per cycle. During the consultation I received a price list that was very detailed so you know what the cost is up front. I have united health care and my plan covered about 25% of my bills, which was a pleasant surprise!
Describe Meghan Oakes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist For Women.
Because of my age she initially suggested transferring two, but since we did pgs testing on the embryos we only transferred one which was successful!
Omaha
They [Methodist for Women] were very organized and the girl at the front desk was very knowledgeable of her job and what needed to be done. It was also a very calming suite and didn’t have that white sterile feeling that some offices have. The consultation fee is $400 which could be steep for some people but for us, we feel like we got our money’s worth. I also think it’s neat how they hang all the Christmas cards they receive up in the lobby. They’ve helped so many families conceive and those families still are thankful for the help they receive. It’s really neat to see.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They were very organized and the girl at the front desk was very knowledgeable of her job and what needed to be done. It was also a very calming suite and didn’t have that white sterile feeling that some offices have. The consultation fee is $400 which could be steep for some people but for us, we feel like we got our money’s worth. I also think it’s neat how they hang all the Christmas cards they receive up in the lobby. They’ve helped so many families conceive and those families still are thankful for the help they receive. It’s really neat to see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
We met with Dr Doherty for our intotal consultation even though I had recently found out I was pregnant. She immediately wanted to do an ultrasound and found an ectopic pregnancy that had been missed by a previous ultrasound from another doctor. She was very supportive and comforting as she delivered the bad news. That day she removed my 2nd tube and delivered the news we would only be able to conceive through IVF, after having 3 ectopic pregnancies. She hugged me and apologized for having to be the “bearer of bad news”. The fact that she did my surgery and was dedicated to my previous and current care showed us we were more than just a number. She gave us the facts straight but she was still very warm in her delivery. We were very pleased with her after only meeting her that day. We felt as if we had been working with her all along.
They were very nice. The nurse that asked me my initial questions at our consultation was very thorough and already knew a lot of my information before I told her. She seemed very prepared and was also very engaged in our conversation. There was also a new nurse shadowing and she was very polite and thanked us for our time after we spoke to them. Also, when it was time for me to get admitted into the hospital for surgery, a staff member was very quick to escort us to my room at the connecting hospital.
What specific things went wrong at Methodist For Women?
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
As explained before, Dr Doherty came Into our lives at a very difficult time. I was pregnant for the 5th time (zero children) and was very suspicious that I was having another ectopic. I had already had two ectopics with a removal of my right tube. My OB had already said I was negative for ectopic two days prior to Dr Doherty seeing it in an ultrasound. She was very straightforward with the details but yet very warm in her delivery. She didn’t sugar coat things and let us know she needed to remove my left tube and that IVF would be our only option moving forward. She hugged me several times and apologized for having to give us this bad news. She performed my surgery and also ran genetic testing that day so it was already done when we were ready to move forward with treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She doesn’t sugar coat information. She’s very straightforward and gives you the facts you need. Some people may want a provider who isn’t like that but for us, it was exactly what we needed. We had felt for so long we weren’t getting the answers we needed to move forward and with one day with Dr. Doherty, it was refreshing. Even though we received bad news, we still felt more hopeful than we have been in the last 4 years of our infertility journey.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Doherty used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
We have yet to actually receive extensive treatment from Dr Doherty. She has only performed my tubal removal surgery and provided us with all the information for IVF. She did choose to remove my left tube because of an ectopic because she was worried of reoccurrence.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women.
The consultation fee is $400.
Describe Carolyn Doherty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Methodist For Women.
Dr Doherty did mention that she would only do a single embryo transfer with me because of my size. I am rather short and we would be worried of the risks of preterm labor.
Omaha
The only criticism I have for this clinic [Methodist For Women] is that they don't have a patient portal of any kind. It made it hard to ask questions after hours, but never interfered with my cycle. Other than that, the clinic is extremely organized and fast. Monitoring appointments were a breeze and appointments were always on time...he nursing staff during our cycle has been great. They have answered all of my questions and explained things in detail, even over the phone.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The only criticism I have for this clinic is that they don't have a patient portal of any kind. It made it hard to ask questions after hours, but never interfered with my cycle. Other than that, the clinic is extremely organized and fast. Monitoring appointments were a breeze and appointments were always on time.
At my initial consult with Dr. Doherty, I felt very welcomed and comfortable in the clinic. After 2 failed IVF cycles in 2016 and 3 failed IUI's in 2017, I had very little trust left in any doctor I met with. Dr. Doherty took the time to review all of my (many, many) files, and assured me she would do everything she could to yield better results for our 3rd egg retrieval. Throughout our cycle I felt as though each of the nurses and doctors I saw or spoke to genuinely cared about the outcome of the treatment.
The nursing staff during our cycle has been great. They have answered all of my questions and explained things in detail, even over the phone. They showed great compassion when our FET failed and have continued to cheer me on.
What specific things went wrong at Methodist For Women?
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Doherty would easily be described as "blunt". Some may see this as a bad thing, but she never sugar coated anything or made us get our hopes up higher than they should have been. Personally, I am grateful for that. With our history, the last thing I wanted was to be told one thing and have another happen. Dr. Doherty performed my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, and she will be doing our second embryo transfer next week. She has been great about explaining everything in detail and letting me know what to expect.
One piece of advice I would give any prospective patient, is to be ready for the cold hard truth. We went into our 3rd cycle (first with Dr. Doherty) thinking our infertility was unexplained. After our cycle with Dr. Doherty, we found out that I actually have very poor egg quality. Dr. Doherty did not in any way sugar coat this, which I really appreciated.
For this egg retrieval, Dr. Doherty had me on 225iu of Follistim (upped to 300iu on day 8) for 10 days. We also added in Cetrotide on day 8. We retrieved 24 eggs from this cycle - more than both of our first two cycles combined. Unfortunately from here our numbers dropped drastically due to poor egg quality. We ended the cycle with two frozen embryos (1 day 5, 1 day 6).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Methodist For Women.
Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient at this clinic! The window was 6:30-9:00 and no matter what time I went, I never waited more than 15 minutes.
The cost of our IVF cycle total, was roughly $15,000. Each monitoring appointment was between $90-$315, the egg retrieval was around $8100, and each transfer is $4200. Thanks to a wonderful community, I was able to get most of my medications donated, and only had to spend about $200 OOP.
Due to my age (24), Dr. Doherty highly recommended a single embryo transfer, which is what my husband and I were most comfortable with as well.
Omaha
Monitoring appointments [at Methodist For Women] were from 630-9am with no set time. You were seen in the order you arrived. Sometimes the wait was a little long, but we expected it and it didn't bother us at all. We knew we would be seen when it was our turn...We were quoted up front $25,000 for the overall cost of one IVF cycle, which included retrieval, transfer, storage of embryos, ICSI, drug cost and PGS genetic testing. We ended up spending right around that.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Strengths: I had always heard that this particular clinic runs more like a business, and to a certain extent, I would agree with that. But only in a positive sense. They're very efficient and they have things running exactly how they need to to get from one patient to the next, all while giving you the best individualized care possible. Weaknesses: none
Dr Oakes always took the time to answer any questions we had, whether that be a phone call or when we saw her at appointments. She was caring and warm and made us feel so comfortable. We always felt like we were a priority to her. We also saw her every appointment, not just a nurse which was very reassuring to us and made us feel like we were in the best hands. She would take as much time as we needed to go over any questions or concerns we had.
The nurses were always available for questions or concerns, and if they couldn't provide you with an immediate answer, they would either talk to the doctor right away and get back to you, or have the doctor call you. They were also very prompt in returning any phone calls. Overall, they seemed very knowledgeable and were always very friendly.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes was by far the best doctor I have ever seen. The day we met with her for our first consultation after coming from another Omaha clinic, we knew we had made the right choice in switching. My biggest and only regret to this day is not starting with her. She was warm and compassionate and made us feel so comfortable under her care. She took the time to explain things to us and we saw her at every visit which was huge for us. It made me feel like she was completely invested in our case and also calmed any anxieties I had throughout the process. At 30wks pregnant now, I can honestly say not a day goes by that we don't miss seeing her--her ability to connect with her patients on a personal level is remarkable. While the process itself can knock you down, she's right there to pick you up and keep things moving in a way that gives you hope. She is truly amazing at what she does!
Utilize her knowledge...take it all in and do as you are told! Trust the process and know you are in the best, most capable hands!
I don't remember the exact protocol Dr Oakes had me on. I know I stimmed a few days longer than in my previous cycles under the care of another physician. I believe I used 375 units of Gonal-F for approximately 11 days, with Cetrotide added a little over halfway through. Retrieval was on day 13. I had 19 eggs retrieved, 7 day 5 embryos resulted, and 2 were PGS normal.
Monitoring appointments were from 630-9am with no set time. You were seen in the order you arrived. Sometimes the wait was a little long, but we expected it and it didn't bother us at all. We knew we would be seen when it was our turn.
I appreciated that Dr Oakes let you, as the patient, make that decision and didn't seem to judge you based on the choice you made. She gave us the facts regarding single vs. multiple and let us choose.
Omaha
[Protocol at Methodist for Women] IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
With all doctors, listen to them but also advocate for yourself. It is your care. Also, speak up if you don’t understand something. Know if your doctor is out, you will see one of the others. You speak with nurses rather than your doctor.
Wonderful.
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is kind and cheers you in through the process. She really wants the best results for all involved. I do wish I would have been pushed a little harder on medications for IVF based on the results from the IUIs and then after our IVF failed, we had a lot of questions and it seemed to irritate her as she didn’t have the answers. Overall, wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
Although she is very smart, listen to your body and speak up if you feel a different way.
Describe the protocols Abigail Delaney used in your cycles at Methodist For Women and their degree of success.
-IUI #1: 75 IUs of Follistim and pregnyl trigger shot - 2 mature follicles estrogen 376 progesterone suppositories and negativity be pregnancy test. -IUI #2: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot - 4 mature follicles estrogen 1446 progesterone suppositories and negative pregnancy test. -1 month of birth control for residual cysts -IUI # 3: 100 IUs of Follistim and Pregnyl trigger shot. 3 mature follicles and estrogen 527 PIO injections. Negative pregnancy test. -IVF #1: 300 IUs of Follistim for 5 days 375 IUs for 2 days with cetrotide the last of that day and 450 IUs for 2 days and cetrotide for both day. Pregnyl trigger shot. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 6 fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to blastocysts, 3 euploid. (6AA, 6AA, 5AA) -Valium the day of the transfer. Transferred the 6s but they didn’t thaw properly. PIO injections, negative pregnancy test.
Monitoring was fine. They always went in order. Some days would take a long time but you cannot help if there are a lot of people that day that needed the same care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women.
IUI with meds about $3700 IVF with meds and PGS about $21000
Abigail Delaney
Omaha
[Methodist for Women's] monitoring hour are from 6:30am to 9am. This was perfect because I didn't have to miss a minute of work. I never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to be seen and it was extremely organized to walk in, sign in or check in, and wait for your name to be called. They generally always had my chart right there at the front desk because they track when individuals will be in for monitoring so I was always able to sign my consent and pay whatever was due right away. Once called back, bloodwork would take a max of 2 minutes and then you would be sent to ultrasound. It was quick!
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I love this clinic! When you walk in the door you are greeted instantly and always with a smile! They are friendly, kind, and care about you. They know you are spending a ton of money to be seen there so they do their best to always be prepared with you file right there and quickly get you signed in. The waiting room is large with a tv and a million magazines. They are quick and get patients cycled through quickly so I was able to go through my entire IVF cycle without missing an hour of work due to their work friendly hours! I cannot say enough good things about this practice and the way they work with working couples.
She's a straight shooter and tells you exactly like it is. She shares the worst case scenario so you aren't disappointed. It really just depends how you deal with that news, I was happy to have someone be blunt with me and she helped me to swallow the pill that IVF would be reality a lot sooner than anyone else could have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women.
My nurse was great, she was often too quick of a talker and seemed rushed. I always felt like I had to interrupt her and ask her to repeat something and when I would ask specifics she would never give me a straight forward answer.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She's phenomenal and straight forward. My previous doctor sugar coated everything and caused me to always get my hopes up. Doherty also does a great job of making sure that you have same day communication, you always see her, and you always know where you stand in your journey.
Be open to her honesty and bluntness. She is doing it for your own good. She is also open to what you want to do so feel free to tell her your thoughts and she will share research to back whatever method she feels is best. I loved this about her, everything was research based and she had it right there for you to read. This is all science afterall!
When I first began working with Dr. Doherty, it was following an ectopic pregnancy and tube removal surgery at another practice. Based on the surgery report from my past doctor she didn't feel comfortable moving forward until she did an HSG. At the HSG it was found that the surgery was not completed correctly or fully so I was scheduled for a second surgery. At that point it was determined that there was damage the the remaining tube and that my fibria were outside of my fallopian tube, instead of inside. At this point she told me, my best case to avoid another ectopic pregnancy was to pursue IVF. Since we were already into August and my body wasn't ready for treatment, she suggested I take a few months to get my finances in order and start in the new year. After the new year she started me on my IVF cycle which included birth control for 21 days, baseline bloodwork and ultrasound, and 11 days of STIMS followed by an egg retrieval 36 hours following my last injection.
Their monitoring hour are from 6:30am to 9am. This was perfect because I didn't have to miss a minute of work. I never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to be seen and it was extremely organized to walk in, sign in or check in, and wait for your name to be called. They generally always had my chart right there at the front desk because they track when individuals will be in for monitoring so I was always able to sign my consent and pay whatever was due right away. Once called back, bloodwork would take a max of 2 minutes and then you would be sent to ultrasound. It was quick!
For our IVF cycle, I believe it will be around $12,000 when it is all complete.
We have not gotten to this step as my body was overstimulated from producing 30+ eggs in my cycle so we have to wait for a transfer.
Omaha
[Methodist for Women is a] Beautiful clinic...They were mostly good about making me feel like a person, though I wish they were more understanding of the crazy financial burdens. They don’t really work with you: just tell you how much you have to hav up front, and if you can’t, too bad. No payments or anything and not really much compassion about it...My biggest complaint of the whole clinic was that there was almost zero compassion for how expensive everything was. I’m sure it’s something they deal with often, but the fact that there was very little room to work with people was frustrating. A couple of the nurses , though I don’t remember names, were exceptions to this, and at least acted sorry and understanding even though there wasn’t much they could do.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Beautiful clinic, though it’s far away for me as I live clear out in Bellevue. They need to have more financial support options for people who can’t afford hundreds of dollars up front and who’s insurance doesn’t cover a lot of the advanced stuff. I get that they need to get paid, but a quick credit check would have shown that we would pay them back if we could do installments.
They were organized and helpful. My biggest complaint of the whole clinic was that there was almost zero compassion for how expensive everything was. I’m sure it’s something they deal with often, but the fact that there was very little room to work with people was frustrating. A couple of the nurses , though I don’t remember names, were exceptions to this, and at least acted sorry and understanding even though there wasn’t much they could do.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She was very hopeful at our initial consultation, and there never seemed to be much in the way of bad news or signs of problems, but we never got pregnant while seeing her. We were told we could do a few rounds of injections, but after the first decided the only option was IUI. We could only afford a single try, and it failed. I asked if we could do clomid or one of the other pills that were more affordable -as opposed to doing nothing - but she said no. So, that was pretty much it. Ended up being a giant waste of thousands of dollars, though I recognize that’s not necessarily her or the clinics fault.
Keep your expectations low even if it seems like it’s going well when talking to her. Bring a notebook. Felt like she sometimes talked fast and I’d forget what she said.
Don’t remember specifics. I was on a thyroid medicine that they say they give almost everyone. Never made any difference. I’d done clomid for a longish time with my regular doctor, and she took me off it. Did a couple cycles with Gonol F and just trying on our own, and then we did an IUI one cycle. Couldn’t afford anything else. Never had a pregnancy while with Doherty (prior to the clinic I had one pregnancy that ended in miscarriage with my regular doctor)
It’s been awhile, but each visit was about $200 up front as I recall, though our insurance did cover some of this. The IUI was something like 500 total for the IUI procedure if I recall correctly. The real expense were the hormones, though these are not sold directly by the clinic.
PCOS, Other
The clinic [Methodist for Women] itself is very nice. It's fairly new so it's very clean and up to date. As soon as you walk in the desk is straight inside the door and there's full staff behind the counter. Usually a clinic has one or two staff but each time we've gone in there's been at least 4 staff and they're all very nicely dressed and super friendly. The office is large so you can sit without having to sit next to a stranger or even near them. There's several little round tables that are covered with reading material. There's also an area with toys and stuff for kids to do!
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic itself is very nice. It's fairly new so it's very clean and up to date. As soon as you walk in the desk is straight inside the door and there's full staff behind the counter. Usually a clinic has one or two staff but each time we've gone in there's been at least 4 staff and they're all very nicely dressed and super friendly. The office is large so you can sit without having to sit next to a stranger or even near them. There's several little round tables that are covered with reading material. There's also an area with toys and stuff for kids to do!
Very personable and blunt. Does very well at explaining things and making sure we understand what she's saying.
So far each nurse we've encountered has been very friendly and caring. They are thorough and explain things very well to be understood by someone who doesn't understand all of the medical mumbo-jumbo.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Very sincere and passionate. She is caring and wants to do all she can to help achieve our goal and dream of having a child. Very skilled and knows what she's doing. Does not sugar coat or just tell you what you want to hear, goes above and beyond what any other doctor has done for us in years past to ensure we fully understand what the plan is and what to expect. Also not just telling us what we want to hear and getting our hopes up to then just crush our hopes down the road.
Understand that she is blunt and to the point. She will not tell you what you want to hear just because that's what you might need in the moment, she is honest from start to finish and will tell you if she's unsure or doesn't know.
We haven't done any cycles with her yet. We have just finished a surgery to fix my uterus and cervix from a previous event.
The only cost we've had so far is a consult fee of $400.00 but we haven't actually gotten billed as insurance is pending. We just had surgery yesterday so haven't gotten any information on the cost of the surgery yet.
2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Most of the nursing staff [at the Methodist Hospital for Women] was extremely warm and helpful, and would answer any question I called with or asked about appointments. There is one member on staff who could often be cold and uncommunicative even after I expressed anxiety or asked questions... It's great that the clinic is located in the Women's Hospital. It is a new and state of the art facility and I have confidence that all procedures done there are using the best equipment. I'd also note that the receptionists are friendly and helpful as well.
2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Problems, medications, procedures and results were explained thoroughly to me. Most of the staff was very good about taking my emotions into account when giving me good or bad news or doing diagnostic testing. Occasionally a nurse was a bit callous when performing an ultrasound.
Most of the nursing staff was extremely warm and helpful, and would answer any question I called with or asked about appointments. There is one member on staff who could often be cold and uncommunicative even after I expressed anxiety or asked questions.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Doherty was blunt about steps I could take to help in the fertility process, my prognosis, and setbacks that might and did occur. She was very knowledgeable and, particularly once she understood that I wanted to know every detail, fully explained the steps and the reasons for them. She was typically warm and conversational. Once in a while she seemed a bit rushed for time, but on other occasions she spent additional time with me. Overall, Dr. Doherty did not over promise and she delivered what she said she could; specifically, she told me she thought she could get me pregnant, but it would be hard.
She can be blunt, but she is doing it for your own good. It is very important to have reasonable expectations during this process.
I must admit to hating the monitoring appointments. You were seen in the order you arrived at the clinic and seeing the facility fill up each morning while I waited for testing to begin always made me anxious. I really wish they would schedule monitoring appointments, although I understand that may be practically difficult.
I believe each IVF retrieval cost about $10,000, with an additional $2,000 to $3,000 for a fresh transfer. A FET cost about $4,000 to $5,000. I think the IUIs were about $2,500. The medication for one IVF cycle was something like $4,000.
I think Dr. Doherty allowed me to make the call on how many embryos to transfer. I liked that approach because I was an educated consumer in this case and I knew what I wanted. I transferred more than one embryo on 3 occasions.
Omaha
There are some great nurses [at Methodist for Women] and some that showed less compassion. The staff returns calls promptly and will answer any questions you may have. If they don't know the answer, they will get Dr.Oakes help...Very organized and clean. Also very prompt and fast. They have open clinic hours from 6:30am-9 M-F which makes finding a time to get in easy...You pay for the medication (which ran me approximately $1000/cycle) at the pharmacy towards the beginning of cycle, and then the IUI ($800) at the time of IUI. Ultrasounds and lab work get billed to insurance and we haven't received a bill for that (having been using Dr.Oakes for 6 months).
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Dr.Oakes listens to your concerns and is genuinely interested in your wants and needs. She knows exactly who you are in you walk into clinic.
There are some great nurses and some that showed less compassion. The staff returns calls promptly and will answer any questions you may have. If they don't know the answer, they will get Dr.Oakes help.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr. Oakes cares about you as a person. She has great bedside manner and listens to your wants and needs. She will answer any questions you have and do so in terms you can understand. While going through treatment, another medical issue arose and she called 3 or 4 different specialists to help my condition. I felt like she truly cared. I trust Dr.Oakes and know she won't just do a cycle to appease me. She wants to make sure its right and that I have optimal chances for a positive result.
Make sure you ask questions while you are in clinic and can ask face to face. Office staff returns calls promptly, but sometimes I just want to talk to Dr.Oakes.
Dr.Oakes used the first IUI cycle to judge how my body responded to the FSH injectable. The next two cycles it seemed like we found the optimal dose. She ordered 6 days of FSH and then ultrasound and lab work to check follicle growth. Next, ultrasounds every other day (usually just 1-2 more), then HCG trigger and IUI 36 hours after trigger.
We have not reached the embryo transfer yet as still giving IUIs a chance.
Omaha
They [nurses at Methodist for Women] were beyond amazing. Each person from the front desk to the ultrasound tech was so supportive and kind each time we came in...In total we paid 2600 for the IUI , that includes the doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, medication and procedure...The clinic has an amazing staff. They were very compassionate and really listened to us. Any time I called I was able to speak with someone or get a call back in a reasonable amount of time and they speak the time talking with me, I never felt like they were rushing me off the phone.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
She made sure to speak with me in detail so I understood the process. I felt like she took the time to reassure me and when talking to her I felt very cared for.
They were beyond amazing. Each person from the front desk to the ultrasound tech was so supportive and kind each time we came in.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
I had a great experience with Doctor Doherty. I was very anxious and she was calming in each interaction. I felt like she really understood me and my husband's background and throughly went over the plan. Her confidence and kindest was very motivating.
Don't let you anxiety get in the way of giving and asking all the information you can. She is a confident and caring doctor.
We did a cycle of IUI. I did 75 iu of follistism injection once a day for four days and a trigger shot one day. There was frequent ultrasounds and blood work to monitor follicles,etc. This was out first iui cycle so that was the rationale for the dosage we began with and since I responded well there was no increase. The treatment resulted in a positive pregnancy and live birth.
Our insurance did not cover any of the cost. In total we paid 2600 for the IUI , that includes the doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, medication and procedure.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Monica [a nurse at Methodist for Women] was amazing, she really cared about her patients. Took the time to answer all questions, even if same question multi times. I can't say enough good things about her. There were some nurses who were not very friendly, but i didn't work with them very often nor remember their names.... We spent a total of 38,000 for both IVFs we did, this included medicine of which the first IVF was more expensive because of the long days we had to do meds
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Dr Oakes is amazing, Dr Maud is no friendly but gets the job done. If you can stand that, i like compassionate so i choose Dr oakes. Everyone was wonderful.
Dr Oakes is an amazing doctor. I had first (3 years back) visited with her partner, i was so turned off by her, she was rude and not very compassionate. Dr Oakes is just that. She treated me like someone who mattered and wanted to use us achieved a pregnancy where the previous doctor said he couldn't help us. No baby yet, but we are due in July. Dr Oakes said because of my low egg quality and my age 35 we should start the process all right after, she said that is what she would tell her loved ones. I just can't express enough how wonderful she is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: For the most part, Moncia helped us. )
Monica was amazing, she really cared about her patients. Took the time to answer all questions, even if same question multi times. I can't say enough good things about her. There were some nurses who were not very friendly, but i didn't work with them very often nor remember their names.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes is very compassionate, she will continue to switch things up as she sees fit when our first IVF failed. She told me she would let me know if we should give up and not waste our money but she was pretty confident she could get us pregant, with a low egg quality, the first IVF didn't work, we started again the following month and are pregnant with our miracle boy, due in July. No negatives for Dr Oakes, just positive to say.
She is wonderful, carrying and will treat you like family yet get the job done.
I was on the highest dosage the first IVF, we had to be on the shots for 18 days which is quite long as my eggs weren't growing. When we decided to do the whole process again, she decided to switch up (one shot in am, one in pm) as well as add two additional shots (am/pm) of lupron. Happy to say, 2nd time it worked, switching up, helped.
It was first come first serve, which i loved. There was no waiting times because they were behind with the previous patient, if you came first, you were seen first.
We spent a total of 38,000 for both IVFs we did, this included medicine of which the first IVF was more expensive because of the long days we had to do meds. We pay for all out of pocket, our insurance didn't cover one penny.
Dr Oakes suggested we transfer two embryos each time, which we did. It resulted in a single baby on our 2nd IVF
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Everyone's very friendly and helpful [at Methodist for Women]. The one drawback, is in the back area where are the rooms are, sometimes you can hear others because there's an area where everyone stops to talk with the Drs or nurses before they leave...very open and could be disconcerting...Karey worked with us on our calendar, explained each step is the process, got us a couple resources where we could apply for a reduction in the cost of the mess for the donor (we didn't qualify based on income, but did get a 10% rebate from one company), and answered all of our questions. If she wasn't sure, she said so and followed up with us quickly after getting the answer. She always greats us by name. Everyone else in the clinic is great too, from the from desk to the phlebotomist, to the nurses, to the ultrasound tech (who also was extremely compassionate during the ultrasound were we learned of the miscarriage).
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Everyone's very friendly and helpful. The one drawback, is in the back area where are the rooms are, sometimes you can hear others because there's an area where everyone stops to talk with the Drs or nurses before they leave...very open and could be disconcerting
Whenever I go in, everyone uses my name. Dr Oakes is very personable and follows up via phone when the situation warrants.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Methodist For Women. (Assigned nurse: Karey)
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes is very personable, very knowledgable, and very compassionate. She always presented all of the information to us, gave us her recommendation and the reasoning, and then let us discuss and make our own decision. During our process, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and so Dr Oakes recommended I get a mammogram even though I wasn't 40 yet. I ended up having to get a biopsy, and Dr Oakes called me on a Sunday with the results...a week before the oncologist. We recently miscarried, and Dr Oakes gave us so much compassion and kindness, along with knowledge and a little need humor to help ease our pain and our worries. She performed my D&C and again her kindness and compassion, mixed with her confidence and knowledge reassured us about the process. She had both of her sons via IVF and I think that insight helps.
She's in high demand...we have very few resources and she's great...so if you are headed in this direction, start now.
We started our process with our OB-GYN, who referred us to Dr Oakes after no success. Due to my age, we had only been going through it for about two years. Dr Oakes had us start with some retesting of levels. We learned that I was no longer producing eggs. I had my right ovary removed five years ago along with a dermoid cyst. That, combined with the PCOS, and my age and weight were all probably contributing factors. At this point we discussed our options. After meeting with Dr Oakes again, where she provided us with a lot of great information and resources regarding using donor eggs, that's the route we decided to go. We went on the wait list and last December, we had 3 donors to pick from. Once the donor egg process started, we did shots of Leuprolode...10 units each morning, in the thigh. We then added Estradiol 2 mg tablets. I started with 2 tablets for 3 days, then 3 tablets for three days, and then 4 tablets a day. And dropped to 5 units of the Leuprolode. Then right before the transfer, we switched to injections of progesterone...1 ml each morning. Once we were pregnant, both the progesterone and estrodiol continued...although we increased the progesterone to 1.5 ml.
Goodness, we are still paying, but they really try to send as much through insurance as possible. Here's the breakdown: Charges related to the Donor: Screening, Lab Work, Ultrasounds - $7366 Retrieval - $5676 Donor Fee - $4000 Medications - $3000 Charges related to recipient: IVF Lab Fee - $3345 Embryo Transfer - $2250 Pathology Fee - $92 I have a really great prescription plan, so all of my medications have been $10 per prescription...so far we've spent about $80. And then each week it's between $200 and $600, depending on the blood draw and ultrasound.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I liked for the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodworm they [Methodist for Women-Omaha] had hours from 7-9ish were it was first come first serve. I didn't have to take any extra time off work for those appointments. Only for the actual procedures. That reduced the atress a lot.... It was a cattle call and a well oiled machine. They got you in and out. Called with blood test results and then plan. Seamless
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I liked for the monitoring ultrasounds and bloodworm they had hours from 7-9ish were it was first come first serve. I didn't have to take any extra time off work for those appointments. Only for the actual procedures. That reduced the atress a lot.
I was in so frequently that I recognized the staff and the recognized me. Everyone was really friendly. I never felt like they were just trying to make money off us. The doctor was always very up front about our odds of success and the nurses always took the time to return phone calls and answer any questions.
So helpful. Always answered questions and would return a bunch of phone calls. I always had lots of questions.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She knows what she is doing and she is very up front and honest. She won't sugar coat things and sometimes what she has to says is hard to hear. Honestly at this point in our journey I was tired of the sugar coating and appreciated her candor.
Her bedside manner is rough around the edges.
Iui we did follistim and ganirelix. For the first IVF we did the same meds. At retrieval they only got 4 eggs from 14 and only 1 embryo which didn't make it to transfer. The second cycle we switched to gonal f and cut out the ganirelix. I think because they thought it slowed down my follicle growth and I was a long stim. The second IVF we also did a double trigger since the eggs were so hard to retrieve the time before. Ended up retrieving eggs from all follicles (7), had 2 embryos, 1 made it to transfer and is a 4 month old bundle of joy.
Costs for the IVF and ultrasounds added up. It was expensive.
This wasn't an issue as we only ever had one embryo.
Omaha
Maud and staff [at Methodist for Women] were for the most part very friendly and warm. The clinic can get busy and sometimes I felt rushed through when I needed better details, but they would sense that and take the time I needed to better understand things. They had an appropriate demeanor of speaking "clinically" and frankly, while understanding the delicacy of the emotions that come with infertility.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Be prepared to wait before getting in. It is expensive and there are no payment plans.
Maud and staff were for the most part very friendly and warm. The clinic can get busy and sometimes I felt rushed through when I needed better details, but they would sense that and take the time I needed to better understand things. They had an appropriate demeanor of speaking "clinically" and frankly, while understanding the delicacy of the emotions that come with infertility.
Very friendly and welcoming
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
I had many reservations about seeing Dr. Doherty but they were quickly put to rest after our consultation. She is good at what she does. She is confident. She is effective. She is the best. She will not sugar coat, which I personally appreciate, but with that comes a lot of "potentials" that can infect your emotions. You have to dissect what she says and understand that "worse case scenarios" aren't necessarily your scenarios. She put me at ease from day one and made our journey feel seemless and controlled at all times. I would recommend her over and over again to anyone considering her clinic.
Be patient and ask questions when you don't understand something. People come to her with all different levels of knowledge and she manages many different cases, so speak up when you're unsure of something or have questions.
Expensive
2013 - 2015
I loved this clinic [Methodist For Women]. It was clean, quiet, and accommodating. Phones were answered quickly and messages returned promptly. Easily adapted to me doing some testing at another clinic because I lived an hour away...We paid up front for meds and doctors appointments. We were billed for our genetic testing... [Nursing Staff...]Helped to ease my mind when I would call in a panic about something. Our second round I needed to bring my toddler with and they were very helpful with him...
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
I loved this clinic. It was clean, quiet, and accommodating. Phones were answered quickly and messages returned promptly. Easily adapted to me doing some testing at another clinic because I lived an hour away.
She knew our names. She shared her story with us and was very candid about the process. We knew what to expect and she was very good at actually listening and caring about our questions and process.
Very nice women. Respectful of my constant questions. Helped to ease my mind when I would call in a panic about something. Our second round I needed to bring my toddler with and they were very helpful with him.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
We looked forward to seeing Meghan at our visits. She was honest and gave us all the facts ahead of time instead of sugar coating the process. She was friendly and honest without being harsh. Blunt, but in a good way and she wanted us to make sure we knew that the process can be hard, but that she would work her best to get us what we wanted.
Expect honesty and bluntness. If your situation is difficult (I don't ovulate and my husband has low count and low mobility) she is going to tell you how it is and not sugar coat it. Hard doesn't mean impossible.
Omaha
[The nurses at Methodist for Women] are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions...There was a time frame of 3 hours in the morning that I could come for monitoring. Everything ran smoothly and I didn’t feel rushed...he whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
They are all so friendly and compassionate. The whole clinic really wants to help you become pregnant. They spoil you on retrieval day and make you feel as comfortable as they can. With every ultrasound and blood work I never wondered about my results, the nurse would call me as soon as she had the results. It was also really nice that the doctor would do every ultrasound
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is very kind and makes me feel like I’m her only patient. She truly wants what is best for me and my treatment. We had to cancel a FET because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and Dr Delaney is doing everything to make sure my body is ready for transfer
They are all so friendly! They would call me immediately with results and were happy to answer my questions
How was your experience with Abigail Delaney at Methodist For Women?
She is a great doctor!! When my FET was canceled she personally called me and talked to me about it and what our next steps would be. She also did every ultrasound before retrieval. She’s so kind and compassionate
Trust her, she has your best interest in mind
Abigail Delaney
2010 - 2014
[Methodist for Women is] a very busy clinic. You do as you are told, when you are told. There is not an option to coordinate around your personal schedule. We had an hour long commute each way and many times were expected to show up at 7am for lab work with hardly any notice...After trying 3 rounds of clomid with my regular ob/gyn, our first cycle with her [Dr. Doherty] she insisted on doing another round of clomid with IUI. I felt like this was not a step forward (and ultimately did not work). The next round we did injections with IUI which was successful. Two years later, we went back to try for a second baby and did two rounds of injections with IUI which ultimately was not successful.
2010 - 2014
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
it’s a very busy clinic. You do as you are told, when you are told. There is not an option to coordinate around your personal schedule. We had an hour long commute each way and many times were expected to show up at 7am for lab work with hardly any notice.
She is very blunt and one my first consultation visit, told me I was too young to be in her office.
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is lacking in bedside manner but makes up for it in knowledge. I highly doubt she remembers any of her patients names or personal details. She’s been doing this for a long time and gets the results, you just have to be willing to go along with her plan.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy
After trying 3 rounds of clomid with my regular ob/gyn, our first cycle with her she insisted on doing another round of clomid with IUI. I felt like this was not a step forward (and ultimately did not work). The next round we did injections with IUI which was successful. Two years later, we went back to try for a second baby and did two rounds of injections with IUI which ultimately was not successful.
2014 - 2017
Loved the actual clinic! Even though it [Methodist for Women] is like a cattle call, it was nice to sit in the waiting room with others and know that you’re not alone in this process. I also like going in during an open hours time (before work) vs always scheduling appointments....They were very reasonable with insurance coverage.... [Nurses] Very rude and not at all compassionate. But they were good at what they did.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
Loved the actual clinic! Even though it is like a cattle call, it was nice to sit in the waiting room with others and know that you’re not alone in this process. I also like going in during an open hours time (before work) vs always scheduling appointments.
The way the office is set up, it feels very much like a cattle call. But personally, she treated me like a human.
Very rude and not at all compassionate. But they were good at what they did.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
Dr Oakes was very kind and had a direct path in mind. She did take into consideration the path my husband and I wanted to follow. We were successful twice with her, which does help my view on the process.
Be your own advocate. Do your research and ask lots of questions. Get explanations of why she wants to go particular routes.
They were very reasonable with insurance coverage.
She wanted to try eSET first to see if we would be successful. She would rather me be pregnant with one vs two, as multiples can be very hard on the mom and babies to be.
Omaha
[Methodist for Women's] Strengths-quality care, honest and real, helpful staff Weakness-expensive care, lacked compassion It would be good for someone new to know about the cost assoxiated with infertility treatment. This clinic was helpful though... I did one IUI with Clomid. I looked into further testing and she had a plan for us but we decided not to pursue more treatment.
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
She sat down and spoke to us and answered our questions.
No issues to report
How was your experience with Carolyn Doherty at Methodist For Women?
She is honest and frank about speaking to you about your conditions. She was very blunt which I appreciated. I couldn’t ask for anything different in a doctor. She took time to address my concerns. I felt that’s she provided great care. I would go back to her if needed.
This process takes a while so be patient.
A lot! Thousands of dollars
Omaha
The clinic [Methodist For Women] is easy to get a hold of and friendly staff. Always able to answer questions. They were reassuring when I was nervous about seeing a new Dr. There was never a long wait to check in for your appointment or lab drop off...She [Dr. Meghan Oakes] has a very good bed side manner and takes time to answer questions you have and explain what's going on...She is compassionate and a good communicator
Describe your experience with Methodist For Women.
The clinic is easy to get a hold of and friendly staff. Always able to answer questions. They were reassuring when I was nervous about seeing a new Dr. There was never a long wait to check in for your appointment or lab drop off
She has a very good bed side manner and takes time to answer questions you have and explain what's going on.
How was your experience with Meghan Oakes at Methodist For Women?
She is compassionate and a good communicator. She explained that that we have male infertility factor and without ivf we have 2% chance of getting pregnant naturally. She then explained why iui isn't an option for us due to sperm count how it would just be a waste.
She said as long as we are ok with chance of twins she's totally fine with transfering 2 embryos