Mid-Iowa Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1371 NW 121st
Clive, IA 50325
515-222-3060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mid-Iowa Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 19Neutral: 9Don't recommend: 68.2
2 doctors
2008 - 2018
2008 - 2018
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Mid-Iowa fertility all around is a very good well organized clinic. You never have very long wait times for anything you might be there for the nurses are always ready to get you back and get any process started and over with quickly. Dr Cooper is outstanding and always a friendly smile and handshake when you see him. The only weakness I would say Mid-Iowa fertility has is their billing department. They seem to always be very unorganized and not sure what you had done or what you still owe. I would recommend this clinic as an all around great clinic just be sure to keep track of your billing the best you can on your own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Brian Cooper was always super friendly like he was our best friend and had known him our whole lives. He also always acted like he was super excited to see us like we were long lost friends he hadn’t seen in years. He always made us feel special like a human instead of a number or payday.
Every nurse we dealt with was friendly and helpful. There was never a very long wait time for anything my wife and I were having done. The only complaint would have to be the billing department which isn’t really part of the nursing team but billing seems to be very unorganized.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Cooper was always super friendly and made us feel like a human and not a number. He always made my wife and I feel comfortable like we could talk to him about anything going on good or bad and he would have a answer for us. We switched from a dr that we really didn’t like to Dr Cooper years ago and it was a night and day difference on the way he made us feel. The only time that I can say we had any issue with Dr Cooper is my wife had asked multiple times if there was anything else that could be causing the infertility and was always told no. After we decided to move forward with IVF he then said there was some polyps that had to be surgically removed from my wife’s uterus that could cause infertility and cause the IVF to not work. Other than that one issue Dr Cooper has been absolutely fantastic. I would recommend him to anyone having the unfortunate problem of infertility that my wife and I have dealt with for so many years now. Dr Cooper is an excellent fertility dr in my opinion and has a great bedside manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
To definitely go see Dr Cooper and be open with everything you have going on wether it be good or bad. Listen to what he has to say. He will not make you feel bad no matter what your situation is.
Describe the protocols Brian Cooper used in your cycles at Mid-Iowa Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Cooper had us do 8 inseminations with the rational of if you follow up with intercourse there is a good chance of a pregnancy. All 8 Times they produced negative pregnancy tests.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The costs under Dr Cooper were pretty on par with other infertility treatment center that we checked into and in some cases a little cheaper.
2013 - 2018
Our IVF cycle [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] cost $10,900 up front. We also spend around $3,500 for our medications that cycle...I feel that overall the clinic is great at calling you back, setting up appointments, and answering questions. Whitney with billing has been extremely helpful to me. They are also understanding that we drive a far distance and will try to do as much as they can over the phone. Dr. Cooper has personally called me several times and spent time discussing plans with me. We love this clinic!
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Dr. Cooper is always so kind and gentle. He is extremely knowledgeable. He will give you all the facts, and still gives you the chance to advocate for yourself and guide your treatments. He always remains familiar with my history unlike some doctors that always have to ask questions about what we’ve done in the past.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Senta)
Senta was helpful in doing the class for our IVF cycle, and was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I was a little sad that I didn’t always have the same nurse doing my ultrasounds. The nurse I had for my retrieval was wonderful, sadly I can’t remember her name because the whole day was a blur! They are all so caring !
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is always upbeat, and even made me feel positive no matter how I went into the clinic feeling. He truly makes you feel like he will do everything he can to help you expand your family. We met with Dr. Cooper after having a not so great consult with our first fertility doctor. After meeting Dr. Cooper for the first time, my husband and I both felt a huge sense of relief! He has always made us feel so comfortable, so much that we drive over 3 hours to his clinc when we could go to closer ones.
Just sit and talk to Dr. Cooper one time! He is so easy to talk to, and you will leave feeling that he will do everything he can to get you to your goal!
Our first time with Dr Cooper was in 2013. We had been trying for 2.5 years and another fertility doctor tried to send us straight to IVF. Dr Cooper gave us different options. We started with 3 IUI’s with femara because we had no known fertility issues (after testing on both my husband and I). When those 3 IUI’s failed, he suggested a laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis, sure enough I had it. He removed the endometriosis and felt confident that I would become pregnant, and I did the following cycle. Now we have been on this journey for 2 years again for our second child. Unfortunately, we removed endometriosis again, but we have not been able to get pregnant again. We tried 5 IUI’s with femara, then moved on to IVF. I responded well to the injections and my estrogen levels were fine. The egg retrieval went well, we got 15 eggs and 8 fertilized. By day 5, we only had 1 embryo which we transferred. This week we confirmed that the transfer failed. We will be following up with Dr Cooper to discuss what may have happened and what are options are for the future. Hopefully we will finally find the real reason for our infertility through this failed IVF
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
When I received my calendar, all of my monitoring appointments were scheduled for me ahead of time. However I needed to change some times for my own convenience and they were always able to accommodate me.
I believe the IUI’s were around $500. Our IVF cycle cost $10,900 up front. We also spend around $3,500 for our medications that cycle. We do not have any insurance coverage for fertility treatments. My laparoscopic surgeries were covered by insurance, and labs can typically be billed to insurance.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
The nursing staff at Mid Iowa is incredible. I have never had a bad experience. They are all very patient and understanding and have always answered my questions... Mid Iowa is a very organized clinic. They respect your privacy and have a policy against bringing young children to the clinic. I’ve been so grateful for that as it was hard to see kids while going through treatments.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I didn’t feel like he was trying trying to get my money. We started simple and worked through options to determine the best course for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila)
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Young is very knowledgeable and to the point. He doesn’t try to sugarcoat what’s happening and gives you options while providing information to make an informed decision. I trust him as a doctor and am so grateful for his help in conceiving our first child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Think of any questions you have before you go and write them down. The information can feel overwhelming and so it’s good to have an idea of what you want to get out of the appointment.
Describe the protocols Donald Young used in your cycles at Mid-Iowa Fertility and their degree of success.
To get pregnant with our first we did 3 cycles of IUI on clomid, followed by 3 on Femara. We were using donor sperm with no known fertility for me. After 6 attempts we did laparoscopic surgery and Dr Young diagnosed endometriosis at that time. With my next cycle we tried clomid again and I got pregnant and had our first child. For baby number too we have done 7 IUI’s with clomid of varying doses. After 5 failed attempts we ran bloodwork again and I was diagnosed hypothyroid and started medication. We are now waiting to start IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
IUI’s were around $500 plus the cost of donor sperm. I can’t remember the cost for ultrasounds and consultations but around $100-$200 each. We haven’t started IVF yet so I don’t have those costs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Sheila [nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility] also is a great nurse she sent a card to me after one of the losses and she is there every time trying to calm you if you receive sad news...I should have had an ultrasound with my 2nd pregnancy. It was an eptopic and tube erupted. I am high risk for eptopic. They said I didn't need ultrasound for two weeks. I have had a 3rd pregnancy eptopic again this time they made sure to do an ultrasound...I paid for one of the laproscopy, two dye tests, $10 each time blood drawn to watch hcg levels drop from both eptopic, bills from 2 emergency rooms, ambulance, meds. This was a few thousand dollars.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Don't expect that it is going to happen that you will get pregnant and it being ok. And try not to get mad at the staff if something does happen. But I have almost given up hope because my heart has been ripped out 3 times.
The lab techs are excellent. One had me noticing that I was not taking care of myself. She said how important it is to take care of myself. The rest of them are good but the lab tech she is the best one they have there she always tries to lift you up and she cares alot, I think her name is Jennifer. Sheila also is a great nurse she sent a card to me after one of the losses and she is there every time trying to calm you if you receive sad news.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is a very nice guy but sometimes I feel as if he goes through this all the time and doesn't show empathy. I feel as his nurses and the lab techs do more than he does to comfort. He is very too the point and basically is kind of short but always takes the time to explain things.
Don't take it personally if he is kind of dry I think he is that way with everyone.
When I first saw Doctor Young he had me do a test where they shoot dye in your tubes. My results came back that I had a tub blocked on one end. But he thought it was close enough to one end that putting me on clomid would help. Tried clomid 2 months as I could not handle the side effect. I had every side effect. So I had an opportunity to have surgery, laproscopy. Had laproscopy and there was some scar tissue around left tube and I thought he said that it was so far gone that he had to do something to make that tube not work. Also found out I have 3 ovaries. After the surgery he put me on femera and went through 3 cycles. 3rd cycle was pregnant which ended in miscarriage which I had d&c. Waited a boutique a month started fermera again and took 2 cycles and pregnant again. Did not have early ultrasound and tube erupted had emergency surgery another laproscopy. Stopped trying for near a year and wanted to try acupuncture and had to have dye test again to see if right tube was good which it was. He wanted me to do clomid again but I wanted to try acupuncture. So gave acupuncture a try and 1 month and pregnant but eptopic again. Did early ultrasound. Now waiting for my hcg to go to zero. Then going to talk about in vitro.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Many of the people [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] there seemed knowledgeable and willing to help. Very friendly staff. One issue I had was there were a couple times you could hear what was being said in the lab, as it was right off the waiting room...[Nurses] They got back to me promptly, except for once (message got lost?), on all questions....He [Dr. Cooper] doesn't treat you like every other patient, he tailors each treatment to each individual that comes into his office.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Many of the people there seemed knowledgeable and willing to help. Very friendly staff. One issue I had was there were a couple times you could hear what was being said in the lab, as it was right off the waiting room. Which makes me think that the whole waiting room probably heard me humming Jesus Loves Me as I got poked on my first visit.
Dr. Cooper talked to us like he was an old friend. He knew who we were without looking at charts. He always listened to what we had to say and would take our input into consideration with every treatment option we went through. He doesn't treat you like every other patient, he tailors each treatment to each individual that comes into his office. We chose him because of many good referrals from friends and family we knew of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He talks to you like a friend. He jokes around sometimes, but tells you like it is. We always feel he is on our side cheering us on. I have had many issues and setbacks in my journey so far, and he has taken each issue as it arose and found the best line of treatment for us each time. He even stopped while I was praying before surgery and bowed his head for me to finish. That is respect!
Be open and honest about everything. Don't hide an issue, because he wants to find a way to fix you. Listen to his advice and give him your thoughts as well.
Prenatal Vitamins- for prepping body; HSG- found blocked tubes; Provera- made me very anemic first time, had to go on birth control for 2 weeks to stop bleeding, because I almost passed out at work; Metformin 1500mg- for PCOS and weight issues; Vitamin D 2000ui- for deficiency; Hystereoscopy/Laproscopic surgery- found septummed uterus, one tube blocked by polyps, other tube was kinked and attached to uterus from scar tissue (fixed all); Provera (2nd time)- to start period; Femara (letrozole) 7.5 mg- day 3-7 of each cycle for 4 months, resulted in very heavy day 2 and 3; Sonohystegram- to check on the tubes and see what the heavy cycle days were doing; Femara (letrozole) 10 mg- just finished 2nd month
2012 - 2017
I recently received a follow-up email [from Mid-Iowa Fertility] to see where we are with starting our next treatment plan, which I was thankful for them to check back with me to see if we're still interested and if we have any questions!...There were times the clinic was understandably busy. Sometimes I felt a little rushed when speaking to the nurses and there were more days than not that I didn't see or speak to the doctor.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The clinic is very nice. Be prepared to speak to different people for all the different aspects (one person for insurance, one for financial, etc) The receptionists were good at helping with scheduling and compensating for my 2 hour drive. They want you to have as much information from your insurance provider as possible prior to your appointments. We had no coverage, so we were required to pay for everything upfront. While the treatment process, the steps to start, and the waiting to begin can seem to take forever, the flow of the clinic is actually very fast. I never waited long while in the clinic or in my actual appointments. Once you figure out who you need to speak to for which department, it's better. This is the only clinic I have received treatment at, but I would recommend it.
There were times the clinic was understandably busy. Sometimes I felt a little rushed when speaking to the nurses and there were more days than not that I didn't see or speak to the doctor. I really appreciated when Dr. Young was able to communicate with me personally and I felt he was very hopeful for a better/positive outcome to my treatments and he's encouraging us to move on to the next process. And I recently received a follow-up email to see where we are with starting our next treatment plan, which I was thankful for them to check back with me to see if we're still interested and if we have any questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I spoke with Sheila many times )
The nurses were good at returning phone calls as soon as they could, which sometimes seemed to take a while. I felt a bit rushed anytime they'd call, but I understand they're busy. Appointments went very quickly. They would answer my questions as best as they could.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Young is very professional. He's understandably very busy, which means I didn't see or speak to him much during our actual treatments. He was great at answering all of our questions at our consultation and I felt comfortable. I was thankful when he did have the time to communicate with me personally. He was very straightforward and honest. At times he seemed compassionate. When our current treatment plan was again unsuccessful, he discussed what our options were and suggested what he would recommend next.
The whole fertility process can be very daunting and emotional, so try not to get too discouraged if it seems that you're not receiving as much communication from the doctor personally as you may have hoped for. Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is professional.
When I first met with Dr. Young, he explained to me that my condition is very rare and what he thought would be the best course of treatment. After initial testing and what seems like a long process to even begin the actual protocol, we began double injections daily with labwork and ultrasounds every other day. After the first few days, he tripled our injections. I had 4 follicles each time and they just wouldn't reach the size needed to be viable before my hormone levels dropped and I'd have to stop. The second time we began, he started with the triple daily injections as well as testosterone priming the month before starting injections. The 3rd attempt, he had me try a hormone patch prior to injections. The 4th attempt, I took birth control pills prior to see if my body would react as hoped for. We began with triple dose of injections again. My follicles just wouldn't grow big enough to continue. We tried different medications throughout, including menopur, Chlomid. His recommendation for our next course of treatment is IVF with egg donation.
I believe consultations and direct appointments with Dr. Young cost about $250. For our treatment protocol, ultrasounds and lab work cost approximately $2,700 and medications cost approximately $3,000. Ultrasounds approximately $250. Our next course of treatment is IVF with egg donation with a cost of approximately $23,000-$28,000
Clive
It is hard to get in to see him because there are only 2 places in the state and it is very busy [at Mid-Iowa Fertility]. The front desk people also leave something to be desired. We had a disagreement with the finance lady at the front desk and had to get the dr. involved. They have a no child policy in the clinic which is nice right after you've had a miscarriage and you can't even look at a child without crying. It is very clean and a little bit homey.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
It is hard to get in to see him because there are only 2 places in the state and it is very busy. The front desk people also leave something to be desired. We had a disagreement with the finance lady at the front desk and had to get the dr. involved. They have a no child policy in the clinic which is nice right after you've had a miscarriage and you can't even look at a child without crying. It is very clean and a little bit homey.
He took the time to answer questions and explain everything in a way we could understand. He always came in while I was in the office if I asked for him. When I said I felt like I was going through some anxiety and depression after a miscarriage and several treatments, he didn't make me feel crazy. He told me about support groups and explained to me that this was extremely common. He's funny and lightens up every situation if he can.
When you start IVF they have specific staff assigned just for IVF patients. You are given emails and phone numbers to reach them at anytime. They are pretty quick to respond and compassionate. They learn your story and follow along with you. Most of them have gone through infertility themselves. The lab nurse cried with me on the day of my beta results, I looked forward to getting my blood drawn because I got to see her. Also, the lab dr. Kepler was really amazing
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He took the time to explain everything that was happening and why it was happening. He asked all of our questions and never made us feel dumb for asking them or like we were wasting his time. He always tried to make light of the situation or make us feel like there was still hope. He was very compassionate when we had a miscarriage and didn't make me feel crazy when I mentioned I had been feeling anxiety and depression afterward. He always made me laugh during the embryo transfers.
I would say be patient, he is a good doctor and he is hard to get into but he is worth the wait.
When we first went to see Dr. Cooper, we had been trying for about 2 years. My previous OB had done a few tests including the BRACA gene, but nothing much beyond that. He immediately had me doing several labs, testing my husbands sperm and had me go in for an HSG. We found several things wrong with my right tube from my appendix bursting 5 years previous. He immediately scheduled a laparoscopy for the next month. He suggested we try on our own for a few months after that and see if we corrected the problem and we did get pregnant, but it ended in a tragic miscarriage. He suggested IUI so we did 3 rounds of that and it didn't work. We moved right into IVF right after. There are several appointments they have you do leading up to IVF. Blood work, STD screening, a class that teaches you how to give yourself the shots and what to expect, and lots of ultrasounds. remember the doses of anything but they give you a nice calendar with everything laid out when you need to stop and start medications and when your appointments will be. I cannot We only had to do 1 egg retrieval but 2 transfers. The first transfer was not successful and the second one ended in a beautiful baby girl.
I believe gentic testing was $2500 and a transfer was $3000. I can't remember many costs because we had a lifetime maximum policy on our insurance. My husband switched jobs in between but we used his first policy that was $25,000 and have used half of his $15,000. Genetic testing and embryo storage is not included. Embryo storage is $600/year.
Describe Brian Cooper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The dr. prefers single transfers. He says there are more complications with 2 ie going early harder on the mom etc. If you are over 35 I think it is they will do 2 unless you ask for 1.
Clive
[Mid-Iowa Fertility] Strengths: Punctual and organized, clean, easy to work with. It was not difficult to make our initial consultation appointment and, once the necessary diagnostics were done, we moved through our IVF cycle quickly. Nurses are friendly and approachable. Weaknesses: I question how individually-tailored the protocols are for each patient, but I can't conclude this for sure because I have only been through one cycle here so far. Biggest issue is apparent lack of interest in patients as individuals and lack of emotional support...
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I didn't get the impression that Dr. Young ever knew me or cared about me. He politely delivered the information in a no-nonsense way and didn't ever elaborate. My interactions with him were extremely limited in general. I wanted him to know my husband and me more as people (this is a big deal, after all!) and there were a lot of things he didn't ask or bother to find out. I guess it makes sense that interactions are superficial. There is so much heartbreak in fertility treatment it makes sense for Drs. to maintain distance from their patients. It just is hard to take as a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses are the faces of this clinic. They do most of the day-to-day patient interaction, routine diagnostics, and communication. I ended up not having as much interaction with my assigned nurse but everyone I worked with was nice enough, prompt, and professional.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Pros: He was polite, professional, and made himself available for questions (I just didn't feel that comfortable asking them because I felt annoying/stupid). Cons: Didn't get to know us well. Treatment felt very cookie-cutter.
Be an advocate for yourself and ask the questions that you need answered. Don't expect an overly compassionate or warm interaction at any time.
Egg retrieval with PGS testing and a single frozen transfer cost approximately $15,000, excluding initial diagnostics and mediations.
Clive
The nurses [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] were fine. They were facilitators of the tests....they had a policy that, if you had children, you weren't allowed to bring them to your appointment as children in the waiting room would cause other waiting patients to be psychologically distressed.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Like I mentioned before, they never answer the phone when you call. You always have to wait for a call back which, like I said before, was annoying and disrespectful of my time. And secondly, they had a policy that, if you had children, you weren't allowed to bring them to your appointment as children in the waiting room would cause other waiting patients to be psychologically distressed. Uh, seriously? We're all there because we like and want children. Personally I think that having children in the waiting room would be fine, not to mention it might make the clinic look like it was successful at helping couples get pregnant.
After asking me a series of initial questions, Dr. Young went on to tell me how they usually treat all of their patients - a series of tests, the first of which needed to be administered during a certain time of my cycle. Problem #1 - Why ask me all these questions if you're going to treat me like every other single person that walks into your office? It didn't seem that my answers to his questions corresponded to a personal treatment plan. Problem #2 - If they treat everyone the same and they always do the first test at a specific cycle time, why not schedule my first consultation at that cycle time so that I don't have to take off work and drive 30 miles to their office twice when 1 appointment time would have taken care of that? That's disrespectful of my time. Additionally, after each consecutive invasive testing, I again had to leave work, drive 30 miles to their office only to be told that each was inconclusive. Ummm...they could have called me on the phone to tell me that and schedule the next test. Again, complete disrespect of my time. And lastly, whenever I called there, which while I was being treated was often, I never once talked to anyone live on the phone. I ALWAYS had to leave a message and wait for a call back. Not only is this a frustrating and generally bad business practice, it is once again disrespectful of my time .
The nurses were fine. They were facilitators of the tests. Although there was one mortifying experience - I had to take a test where they shot dye up my uterus. After the test, the nurse said I was bleeding (a little) but she told me to go ahead and walk out of the room (wearing only a hospital gown) to the changing room. I asked if I needed something to catch the blood and she said no, I'd be fine. I got up and walked across the room with a trail of blood behind me the whole way. I was utterly embarrassed as I was putting my clothes back on and heard her, squirt bottle in hand, mopping up after me.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Young ordered the tests and gave me the results. That's pretty much it. Not a lot of explanation.
Find someone else -
I can't remember specifics, but each test found nothing wrong. Dr. Young actually gave me a brochure in my initial consultation that listed the series of tests they did for everyone and explained that they did each one until they found what was wrong.
Co-pays. Just co-pays.
2006 - 2012
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
They [nurses at Mid-Iowa Fertility] were awesome! Very kind, caring and compassionate...It is a very quiet and relaxed atmosphere. It is an excellent clinic. They think of everything. I really can not come up with any weaknesses.... They always had clients there but it was never crazy busy and you always felt like you were very important to them. They always remembered you and your situation. The staff was excellent!...Somehow that clinic has had to take care of a lot of people as I keep hearing of people who have gone there and there isn't another one in the area, but you would never know it by the care you received or the waiting room....
2006 - 2012
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Dr Brian Cooper has excellent bedside manner. He will sit down with you and tell you all your options and approximate cost from the beginning so you know the path you are going down from the beginning. He even takes notes for you when you meet with him for any consults and gives you those to take with you. He very much let me direct the path I wanted to go down.
They were awesome! Very kind, caring and compassionate. Somehow that clinic has had to take care of a lot of people as I keep hearing of people who have gone there and there isn't another one in the area, but you would never know it by the care you received or the waiting room. They always had clients there but it was never crazy busy and you always felt like you were very important to them. They always remembered you and your situation. The staff was excellent!
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Brian Cooper is excellent at what he does. He is very honest and makes you feel very comfortable no matter the situation. I had a brief experience with another fertility specialist that was cold and made you feel like you were a number and the experience with Dr Brian Cooper was just the opposite of that. He made you feel like a human being and let you control the timing and course you took within reason. I highly recommend him!
Trust him. He knows what he is doing and will take excellent care of you!
It has been too long to remember what all the different strategies were. But basically I went through testing to make sure I had no issues, I did several rounds of donor insemination, when things weren't working out I would consult with Brian Cooper and he would maybe change a med or we would discuss other alternatives. This went on until I had several donor inseminations that didn't take or didn't make it past the very early stages and one miscarriage and then I decided to use donor embryos. But because of how he handled my consultations I knew all my options so I could review those as everything else was going on and not working. Then my one and only donor embryo produced a live birth.
For the time I believe they seemed reasonable to me.
I don't recall for sure if he transferred one or two, but I am almost certain he didn't transfer any more than that.
Clive
They've worked very hard for us at this clinic [Mid-Iowa Fertility] and have offered some financial discounts. They also sent flowers after a natural pregnancy and miscarriage.... Sheila is always going the extra mile for me and my husband. She's so compassionate and caring. She truly is fighting for us.... Strengths: compassionate and caring professionals who are invested and know your name Weaknesses: the phone & answering service are horrible! You almost always have to leave a message and wait for a call back
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
They've worked very hard for us at this clinic and have offered some financial discounts. They also sent flowers after a natural pregnancy and miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sheila Rees)
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr.Cooper is sometimes a little distant and speaks above patients, but his intentions are good. He means well and wants to see you have a successful pregnancy. He's even gone above and beyond to make things work for us financially.
Be patient and understanding that some things are out of his control. He's fighting for you.
We've undergone 6 IUIs, nothing out of the normal. 2 IVF cycles. We used regular injections and retrieval procedures. The first round we did 2 fresh transfers at day 5, then attempted a frozen transfer but none survived the thaw. Most recently, none of our embryos made it to day 5 in treatment #2.
All IUI cycles were primarily covered under insurance. The first IVF cycle was primarily covered under insurance, but out of pocket cost in the $15,000-19,000 range. The second IVF treatment he offered us a one time discount I'd rather not disclose. He offered this to us as my insurance had recently dropped fertility coverage.
He was open to us trying to 2 embryos, but did advise not doing any more than that.
Clive
Lab staff was excellent [at Mid-Iowa Fertility]. (Because I had four chemicals I had a lot of interaction with the lab staff.) Calming environment and the no children policy was so helpful when going in after losses. Weakness would be that you are responsible for your own understanding and didn't really feel advised about the right course. Didn't test for recurrent losses until I asked...Karen and Senta did most procedures and are excellent.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Lab staff was excellent. (Because I had four chemicals I had a lot of interaction with the lab staff.) Calming environment and the no children policy was so helpful when going in after losses. Weakness would be that you are responsible for your own understanding and didn't really feel advised about the right course. Didn't test for recurrent losses until I asked.
Neutral-- definitely didn't feel like a number but also didn't try to build a human rapport.
Some staff in past were not very good but they appear to be gone. (One asked me once where my ovary was during an ultrasound.) Karen and Senta did most procedures and are excellent.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Very straightforward. Had a military-like efficiency. He did not go out of the way to explain things although he answered questions thoroughly if you raise the question yourself. He seemed a bit over optimistic with results considering the number of losses we had.
Write down questions before going in, because if you don't ask you may not get an answer.
IUI with donor sperm using Clomid, then Femara, then no medication (no meds was our choice not the recommendation.) Using donor sperm due severe male factor (zero found in biopsy).
Cost has increased since starting. IUI was $475 I think. Did not charge for sperm ordering or storage as long as we used right away. Office visits were a bit high. Lab draws also but they used the insured rate so the out of pocket was reasonable.
Describe Donald Young's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Not applicable
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We really liked Mid-Iowa Fertility. We weren't just a number. With their small knit clinic, we felt welcomed and we could accomplish a lot within one visit.... We were able to visit with the doc, nurse, lab, embryologist & psych person (another building) all in one visit.... We mainly worked with Shelia-the 3rd party reproductive nurse. She was amazing! Always answered any questions I had. Was very clear with my cycle meds.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Great strength is that it's a small clinic so everyone is always there to help you along the way. We were able to visit with the doc, nurse, lab, embryologist & psych person (another building) all in one visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shelia)
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He welcomed us into his office. He wanted to hear our story. He wanted to know our history. He listened. He gave us his thoughts, even if they were things we didn't want to hear, we needed to hear them! He was honest. He welcomed our donor embryos, which is not an easy task in our home state.
Bring all of your records, do research, have an idea what you need to get accomplished. Schedule your appt according to your cycle so that you can accomplish multiple things in one visit.
We did a donor frozen embryo transfer with Dr. Young. I used birth control, estradiol, progesterone in oil, doxycline and an additional antibiotic before starting meds for the cycle. My lining I think could have been thicker, I think we should have increased the estradiol.
Roughly $5000 for our donor FET
He gave his opinion but it was up to us in the end.
2013 - 2014
[The nurses at Mid-Iowa Fertility were] Very compassionate to what we were going through, very understanding. They were great and offering advice and keeping us encouraged...The Office was good with explaining benefits...Scheduling was pretty easy, there wasn't a long wait period like I would have expected. It's very intimidating to go to an office like this but everyone is so welcoming and understanding. They were also very good with discussing payment as well as what insurance will cover.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Dr. Cooper was amazing! He sat with us, answered all of our questions no matter how silly they sounded. He was so optimistic and so positive! Graduating into prenatal care was so bittersweet. I can not say enough about how amazing he is.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr. Cooper was so optimistic and sent us through all the testing we needed. When our first IUI failed, we were crushed. He made the necessary adjustments and lifted us up that we could and would do this. He treated me like I wanted to be treated. He understood how I felt.
Trust the process, trust him.
We did a battery of blood work, HSG (?), semen analysis as well as 2 rounds of femara . The HSG I believe was to check the uterus to make sure everything looked normal and ok. The femara he prescribed because the sode effects were meant to be a little better than Clomid. We also had to track ovulation dates!
Our insurance at the time had a lifetime fertility maximum of 25k. So we were responsible for our $15 co pays and that was it. The Office was good with explaining benefits
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
The staff at this clinic [Mid-Iowa Fertility] is wonderful!! I think that it is important for new patients to understand how little interaction they will actually have with their physician. The staff was always available when we had questions or concerns. I do wish that there had been a bit more support when we went through our miscarriage...The nursing staff at mid iowa is wonderful. They are always kind and caring and always call back within a few hours
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The staff at this clinic is wonderful!! I think that it is important for new patients to understand how little interaction they will actually have with their physician. The staff was always available when we had questions or concerns. I do wish that there had been a bit more support when we went through our miscarriage.
Dr Young was very open and honest about our procedures and about what treatments he felt would help us to achieve the best possible results
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Young is not warm and fuzzy, he is, however, very intelligent and forthcoming with any and all knowledge. He was very honest with us when we did not have the results that we were looking for and he recommended utilizing a sperm donor which produced much better results for us.
I would let them know that he is very intelligent and knowledgeable.
During my first cycle I used gonal f and menopur. During my second cycle we added testosterone gel and patches to see if I would produce more eggs.
Our first cycle was roughly 20,000 with the cost of medications. After our first and second failed cycle we were offered discounts on our next 2 cycles.
2014 - 2018
I had a good experience here [Mid-Iowa Fertility], I can’t say anything bad. Only tough side of things is that our insurance really didn’t cover anything past an ART.... We had to pay for IUI and ultrasounds out of pocket. Femara was covered by insurnace... Kind. I never had any problems. Very happy with them... He [Dr. Cooper] always seems knowledgeable on current treatments and what’s going on in this field and new advancements.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I had a good experience here, I can’t say anything bad. Only tough side of things is that our insurance really didn’t cover anything past an ART. Also, I never met Dr. Young, the other dr at this clinic, so I don’t know anything about him.
Always professional and caring
Kind. I never had any problems. Very happy with them
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He always seems knowledgeable on current treatments and what’s going on in this field and new advancements. When I was told of my miscarriage he came in with the nurse and couldn’t have been more sympathetic and kind. He told me what to expect and to call anytime.
To write down questions before you go in, because you might not think of everything while you are there :)
I did 2 rounds IUI on femara which produced my son. 18 months later we did same but 4 rounds that resulted in miscarriage. After taking a break for 6 months, went back and did 6 more rounds of same with no positive tests
None
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
The clinic [Mid-Iowa Fertility] does a great job of working together as a team to give patients the best care and treatment possible. They are usually quick and timely with their responses and are extremely compassionate and caring individuals. I felt very welcomed and cared for as a patient....They [nurses] were wonderful. They were extremely knowledgeable and compassionate and I knew I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The clinic does a great job of working together as a team to give patients the best care and treatment possible. They are usually quick and timely with their responses and are extremely compassionate and caring individuals. I felt very welcomed and cared for as a patient.
He was a very knowledgeable about my history and answered all of my questions. I always felt like I had enough time with him so that any of my concerns or questions could be addressed.
They were wonderful. They were extremely knowledgeable and compassionate and I knew I was in great hands.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is very knowledgeable about many different conditions and gives you honest feedback and answers, which I appreciated. I always felt very comfortable with him & trusted his protocols and plans. He did a great job evaluating my husband and my history and formulating a plan going forward. He was sincere and honest with me throughout all of the years and I appreciated his honest feedback in times that I was unsure of what decision to make.
He’s a great physician and does a great job helping patients formulate a realistic plan to move forward.
I can’t remember the specifics.
I can’t remember the specifics.
None
Clive
They [nurses at Mid-Iowa Fertility] were very knowledgeable and prompt with call backs and answering questions...IUI was $475 a cycle...They all seem to function well together. Everyone is friendly. We had some billing issues a few times but we were there during the weekend and she did not seem like the usual front desk person. It was easily straightened out...We used letrazole with each IUI cycle, same dose for all as my first month's progesterone check showed it was effective for me.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
You definitely have to be an advocate for yourself, no one is going to call chasing you down. When you do call they treat you well and with respect.
They were very knowledgeable and prompt with call backs and answering questions.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He spoke quickly when laying out plan options at each step of our journey. That was fine for me as I am a nurse and knew exactly what he was saying. Often my husband would feel clueless about what we were talking about but he would always answer the questions we had.
Do research yourself before going in. Mentally prepare for what you think you want to do but keep an open mind. Listen to his suggestions and work together to make the best plan for you.
IUI was $475 a cycle
Clive
My insurance covers a lifetime of $25,000 for fertility treatments, I think this first round we have spent about $15-20K including PGD/PGS testing...Dr Cooper was always thorough, took his time explaining each situation to me & answered every question my husband & I had...Two nurses really stand out, Senta & Shiela. They both were always upbeat, happy to answer my (many) questions as they came up. Each & every nurse I've been seen by, talked to, or emailed with was very prompt & informative. During a hard process like IVF, the nurses definitely made the process go a lot easier! I cannot say enough about them!!
Dr Cooper was always thorough, took his time explaining each situation to me & answered every question my husband & I had. The nurses also were as amazing as Dr Cooper. I have called & emailed the nurses several times and always get a prompt response.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr Cooper's strengths are definitely communication & knowledge. From the first appt we had with him he was very thorough & knowledgable about our situation. Even though he had probably had the same conversation 5000 times, he took his time & made sure we felt comfortable leaving his office with our questions answered & knew what was going to happen next.
Clive
Clinic [Mid-Iowa Fertility] was very clean and inviting. The staff are exceptional.... Nursing staff was always upbeat and referred to me by name.... I was only attending the clinic for three months but felt like the staff knew who I was. Very welcoming and called me by name. Dr. Cooper personally called my cell phone to talk results as well as how I was feeling.... Dr. Cooper is very personable and knew exactly what plan of course we needed to get pregnant. Was very realistic in expectations and gave us all our options at the very first appointment and we were to choose what we felt comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Clinic was very clean and inviting. The staff are exceptional.
Nursing staff was always upbeat and referred to me by name.
Very knowledgeable.
The very first appointment, Dr Cooper went through the different steps he could do in office. He suggested I get tested for hypothyroidism and do other tests. I turned out to by hypothyroid so he started me on synthroid. Within a couple months, I was pregnant. I also was started on Femara 2.5mg. After 3 months of just Femara, we did Femara and IUI for a successful pregnancy and now my 10 month old son. Dr. Copper was willing to let us choose our treatment and what we thought was best for us.
IUI was under $500 Insurance paid for my clinic visits since he was in-network
2009 - 2018
Staff [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] is always friendly and I usually had pretty short wait times too. Only complaint is they offer no financial help. Most other clinics in other states I’ve read into offer help of some kind so that would be nice. The next closest clinic for us is about 3 hours away.... I feel he’s a compassionate doctor that cares about his patients and truly wants to help them. He went through all the options and altered them he best he could with each visit or failed treatment.
2009 - 2018
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
0 financial assistance for those of us with no insurance coverage. Staff is always friendly and I usually had pretty short wait times too. Only complaint is they offer no financial help. Most other clinics in other states I’ve read into offer help of some kind so that would be nice. The next closest clinic for us is about 3 hours away.
He’s very personable, we felt like a number with Dr Young so we switched.
Friendly, I never had any issues
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I feel he’s a compassionate doctor that cares about his patients and truly wants to help them. He went through all the options and altered them he best he could with each visit or failed treatment. Our only next option is now IVF which we are trying to figure out how to afford
Feel comfortable with him, he is very understanding and knowledgeable.
Only next step for us now is IVF, we tried everything else we could.
About $500 with each insemination
Clive
[at Mid-Iowa Fertility it is] Hard to get through calling in the morning with a positive ovulation test and scheduling appointments are hard since they are so busy, took an extra month to get into see them for our consult appointment... [the nursing staff was] Very accommodating to me when I requested an ultrasound before an IUI because I hadn’t got a positive ovulation test
Answered lots of questions
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is easy to talk to, actively listens, goes over information throughly, tries to make you feel relaxed, joked around when appropriate, good sense of humor, had health journals to relate stats to, wish he was the one doing the UIUs
He’s laid back, has a positive attitude
Explained we could do 6 rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. He stated I could be on femara if we felt it would help
Consult, sperm analyst, IUIs, ultrasounds
Na
Clive
Ladies at the front desk [at Mid-Iowa Fertility Center] are friendly, office is nice, clean. Location is Easy to get to, they are typically very prompt and even early sometimes which was nice when you are leaving work often for appointments...IUIs were $475/cycle...He [Dr. Cooper] went above and beyond for us. Very early in a pregnancy following a fresh IVF cycle (6 weeks) I had bleeding and was very concerned so I called their on-call. Dr Cooper answered and gave me the option of doing an ultrasound that day (Sunday evening) or the next morning. We went in that evening and he was very caring and answered all of our questions...extremely smart but still explains things so that you can understand and feel comfortable with your treatment plan. My only slight concern with my treatment was that I do not have a diagnosis and it would be nice to have a reason for our infertility
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Ladies at the front desk are friendly, office is nice, clean. Location is Easy to get to, they are typically very prompt and even early sometimes which was nice when you are leaving work often for appointments
He went above and beyond for us. Very early in a pregnancy following a fresh IVF cycle (6 weeks) I had bleeding and was very concerned so I called their on-call. Dr Cooper answered and gave me the option of doing an ultrasound that day (Sunday evening) or the next morning. We went in that evening and he was very caring and answered all of our questions
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Dr cooper is extremely smart but still explains things so that you can understand and feel comfortable with your treatment plan. My only slight concern with my treatment was that I do not have a diagnosis and it would be nice to have a reason for our infertility
Ask questions, do your research. Advocate for yourself and dr cooper will listen
IUIs were $475/cycle
We honestly didn’t discuss whether we were transferring one or multiple until I was doing the transfer
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor
[Mid Iowa Fertility-Clive] Well run, efficient,clean and warm environment. Good reputation in the community. Answer the phone 24/7....Call back same day, caring people...IVF : mixed protocol of Follistim and Menopur with Ganirelix, used pgs. Frozen cycle was birth control pills followed by Vivelle patches and intramuscular progesterone. Recommended single embryo transfer. 12 eggs, 9/12 fertilized. 2 extra in the freezer for future use.
2 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Explained everything and gave me a checklist of tests. Looked me in the eye during my visits
Call back same day, caring people.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is straightforward and tells you like it is and what your options are, gives you accurate stats for your situation. Sense of humor and good bedside manner. Can be busy but from what I heard, he also handles all the business and HR side of the clinic in addition to his patient schedule so has to juggle his time.
Come in prepared with questions and he will give you straight answers whether it's good or bad. Remember, he didn't cause your issues, he's there to help solve them.
$20000
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
Clive
Felt rushed with some of the nurses [at Mid-Iowa Fertility]. But most were compassionate and explained things well. Would always get phone calls returned the same days...One cycle was almost $11000 not including medications. This was also not including pregenetic screening which is an additional cost...Usually never had to wait with appointments. Front desk staff and lab staff were polite and helpful. I wish there was a refund program in place or better discounts on if you don't get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Good bedside manner, answered all questions, took the time
Felt rushed with some of the nurses. But most were compassionate and explained things well. Would always get phone calls returned the same days.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Good doctor, knowledgeable. Answers questions and takes his time. Never felt rushed. Could use a bit more compassion but does have good bedside manner. Did not have a negative experience but am getting a second opinion elsewhere.
Advocate for yourself, go in with questions.
1-2 embryos can be transferred.. allowed me to choose my preference.
2014 - 2017
[Regarding the nurses:] The "good ones" are amazing. They seem to be longer term staff. Bad ones were not. During ultrasound was once asked where one of my ovaries was-- how would I know? Lab nurses wonderfully compassionate as I came in for testing leading up to miscarriage. If I had been in treatment a shorter time, I might not have noticed this, but nursing staff seemed afraid to ask questions of doctors or each other.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
More expensive than Iowa City.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Very positive and upbeat. Fantastic listener. Didn't pressure for additional tests after hearing our history but trusted what was provided. Not very aggressive with treatments. Only saw during consultations.
Be prepared with questions.
IUI with either clomid or Femara . Donor sperm due to aspermia.
Iui $450, ultrasounds $400 I think
Clive
I was given instructions to take medication but no information about what to do in the event of ovulation. The nurse line [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] was available and very helpful in getting back to me and following up...I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome. They're the only clinic in the area but I would recommend them even if there were competitors...Dr. Cooper is very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains answers to any questions you have. He was always in a good mood and I trusted him completely. I would happily go back to him for any future treatments.
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
Going to the doctor is never a fun experience, but I was very happy with the services and treatment I received and the outcome. They're the only clinic in the area but I would recommend them even if there were competitors.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I had an HSG, then a hysteroscopy to remove a uterine septum. After that I had 4 IUIs with Femara, 3 with a trigger shot. I got pregnant on #4.
2013 - 2016
The clinic is clean and organized, and it is usually easy to get someone on the phone rather than just a voicemail box. They have good hours and days, not closed on Sundays as some other places are. They do have half days once a week, so it's important to plan ahead on those days to make sure you can reach someone...Dr. Cooper was always caring and confident, which helped us immensely. We were always sure he was doing what was best and attentive to what we wanted. He was not hesitant to disagree with us, but if he did, he always shared clear reasoning for why, and ultimately we always knew at every moment that he wanted us to get pregnant with as little intervention as possible. He remains the doctor we trust the most.
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
He [Dr. Brian Cooper] is gentle but upfront. I like that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible...Three rounds of femara with ovulation monitoring (ultrasounds and progesterone checks) followed by menopur and IUI...The nurses [at Mid-Iowa Fertility] walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
He was very knowledgable and made sure that we were comfortable with the process and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
The nurses walked me step by step through every process and we're always very warm and caring.
How was your experience with Brian Cooper at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He is gentle but upfront. I Ike that he uses research to back up his processes. He also try's to use the cheapest and most effective procedures possible.
Try him out!
My insurance covers 100% up to 35,000
2010 - 2014
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I don’t have anything to compare with but I was very happy with this clinic [Mid-Iowa Fertility] and I would absolutely recommend it to friends. My phone messages were always returned promptly and if necessary I could make same day appointments...I appreciated Dr. Young’s honesty and I always felt like he was giving me the information I needed to make good decisions about my care. He celebrated successes with me and I felt like he truly cared about getting me pregnant.
2010 - 2014
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
I don’t have anything to compare with but I was very happy with this clinic and I would absolutely recommend it to friends. My phone messages were always returned promptly and if necessary I could make same day appointments.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Stick with him - he absolutely knows what he’s doing.
2 medicated IUI cycles to see if I produced enough follicles for IVF, then moved on to a donor egg cycle with my sister’s eggs. First cycle was a success with embryos left to freeze. Went back 3 years later to do FET and had another success.
2004 - 2011
It was hard to get appointments when I needed them....Care from the nurse [at Mid-Iowa Fertility[ was very personal, but I felt more like a number when dealing with Dr. Young...My nurse was very kind, organized, and explained things well. I was glad to see more of her than the doctor....Dr. Young doesn't have the best bedside manner, but at the time, fertility options are limited in Central Iowa, especially if you are single. Ultimately, I got pregnant and had a baby, and that was my main goal.
2004 - 2011
Describe your experience with Mid-Iowa Fertility.
It was hard to get appointments when I needed them.
Care from the nurse was very personal, but I felt more like a number when dealing with Dr. Young.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mid-Iowa Fertility.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Do your own research. Don't be alarmed if you see the nurse more than you see the doctor.
IUI with anonymous donor sperm
Not sure
2009 - 2010
I found him [Dr. Young] to be very personable and pleasant....We always felt that the staff was personally involved in our process. I always felt like they were committed to doing everything possible to help us conceive, and that they really Wanted us to conceive....
2009 - 2010
Yes. Yes. We always felt that the staff was personally involved in our process. I always felt like they were committed to doing everything possible to help us conceive, and that they really Wanted us to conceive.
I remember in my first cycle, the head nurse was in the office on a holiday weekend for treatments.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
I found him to be very personable and pleasant.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.
I was given specific dates that monitoring needed to happen, but they were flexible about the times.
2012 - 2015
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
They [nurses at Mid-Iowa Fertility] joked around with me, thankfully, and it put me at ease. A few of them recognized me enough to carry on conversations from appointment to appointment.
2012 - 2015
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nurses were always extremely nice, gentle, and got to know me for my crazy winter socks. :)
They joked around with me, thankfully, and it put me at ease. A few of them recognized me enough to carry on conversations from appointment to appointment.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
Very professional and knowledgeable. He answered every question I had, and then some.
Endometriosis, Other
They were very nice and understanding. They were very helpful when we were struggling an while we were find out information.
Endometriosis, Other
They helpful when I was having difficulty with my IUI and very compassionate when I needed it.
How was your experience with Donald Young at Mid-Iowa Fertility?
He was nice and helpful with our situation.