Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
12000 Elm Creek Blvd. N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Center for Reproductive Health to a friend?

1 doctor
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff at Dr. Corfman's clinic [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] are amazing. They knew us by name and treated us as such. I have a fear of needles, and they often brought in their "best" needle nurse to perform my blood draws.... After our failed transfer, we received a handwritten note from one of the nurses. I could go on and on with the ways Dr. Corfman and his entire staff helped us to feel human and respected during this process.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Corfman, his nurses, and his front desk staff provide organized, knowledgeable care with excellent bedside manner. If your particular fertility circumstances fit Dr. Corfman's methods of treatment, this is the place to go. Unfortunately, our circumstances did not result in a successful transfer, and Dr. Corfman felt we had limited chances with our own eggs and sperm. As a result, we consulted with another clinic and are in the middle of a second round with another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Corfman and his staff are phenomenal. Throughout the entire process, I NEVER felt like a number. Dr. Corfman, his nurses, and his front desk staff knew us by name and treated us warmly and with kindness during every visit. After our failed transfer, we received a handwritten note from one of the nurses. I could go on and on with the ways Dr. Corfman and his entire staff helped us to feel human and respected during this process.
The nursing staff at Dr. Corfman's clinic are amazing. They knew us by name and treated us as such. I have a fear of needles, and they often brought in their "best" needle nurse to perform my blood draws. They held my hand, cared for me when the egg retrieval drugs made me sick, and sent a handwritten note when our transfer failed. The nurses are also incredibly organized. A nurse spoke with me for an hour to introduce me to the process. Another nurse spent an hour with my husband and I during to teach injections (just us - no other couples). Nurses called after every blood draw to review next steps. They were available for emergency calls and never made us feel our questions were unreasonable or a bother. There were ZERO mistakes made by the nursing staff during our entire process. Or at least none that weren't fixed! We've since moved on to a different clinic, and we miss the nurses from Dr. Corfman's office. They are SO on top of their game and the best we've worked with throughout our infertility treatments.
How was your experience with Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Corfman is an intelligent, experienced reproductive endocrinologist. He clearly explained the likely underlying cause of our issues - from consult to failed transfer - and we felt confident in his knowledge. He also has the best bedside manner of any of the REs with whom we've worked (2 treatment REs and 1 consult RE). I felt he was personally invested in our success. He spoke to me like a human, rather than a patient, and treated me as I imagine he would treat his own family during consults and procedures. Unfortunately, our fresh transfer was not successful. And our stimming and retrieval also did not go as planned. When we consulted with Dr. Corfman after the failed transfer, it appeared there was information available at the time of the egg retrieval and fertilization regarding the quality of my eggs/embryos that was not shared with us throughout the process. Given what we know now (after consulting with other REs and embryologists), we would have liked to know the reality of our situation prior to the transfer. It may not have changed our course, but it would have more realistically managed our expectations. Dr. Corfman also indicated at our post-transfer consult that there would be no changes to our protocol, should we move forward with another round of IVF. He recommended donor eggs and possibly donor sperm. After consulting with another RE, we learned there are potential changes to make to the protocol and are in the process of a second round right now. It took time for me to be able to write this review of Dr. Corfman, as I have tremendous respect and admiration for him. My greatest hope was that our first round had worked in his clinic. That being said, I think it's also important to share that the recommendations he made for us (no changes to protocol and donor eggs/sperm) varied greatly from what another RE has recommended.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
If your round of treatment is unsuccessful, definitely consider consulting with another RE.
Describe the protocols Randle Corfman used in your cycles at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
While working with Dr. Corfman, we utilized the following: Pretreament: endometrial scratch Treatment: IVF with ICSI; Gonal F and Menopur; Ganirelix; Lupron and Pregnyl Rationale for treatment: male factor infertility and PCOS
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We paid approximately $20,000 for a round of IVF with ICSI and fresh transfer.
Describe Randle Corfman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Our doctor recommended single embryo transfer (based on grade of embryo. genetic testing was not recommended). This was recommended due to my age and the high risks associated with multiples.
Maple Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.

The clinic [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] itself is great. Very clean, easy to get to, and the staff is awesome. I would definitely recommend a friend here. They’re only open until noon on fridays! I always forget that. I don’t have anything negative to say about this clinic.... My cost was definitely more than we expected for timed cycles with ultrasounds, medications, etc. however, the clinic was upfront about their costs and we knew this before treatment began.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic itself is great. Very clean, easy to get to, and the staff is awesome. I would definitely recommend a friend here. They’re only open until noon on fridays! I always forget that. I don’t have anything negative to say about this clinic.
The office always followed up as quickly as possible. Dr, Corfman was great at explaining things and always wanted to make sure you understood your treatment.
I saw the nursing staff every visit and always felt cared for. They knew it was a sensitive subject when a cycle didn’t work, or had to be cancelled. They were organized and always ready for my appointment.
Dr. Corfman is a kind, gentle physician. During my HSG he took extra measures to make sure I was comfortable and free from as much pain as possible. We didn’t see him often during our visits, but he was always there with questions regarding our treatment.
Speak up about your medication schedule. The staff and Dr. Corfman are always willing to adjust things if possible!
I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation upon meeting with Dr. Corfman. He went about treatment cycles logically, but took into consideration your input and needs. He made sure we knew our success rates with each type of treatment and suggested that we started with timed intercourse for 6 cycles and go from there. We have not been successful and plan on moving towards IUI/IVF.
Maple Grove

Nursing staff [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] was wonderful. Timely responses always. Very patient with me when I would call with all kinds of questions. Very knowledgeable nurses...recommends transferring 1-2 embryos depending on a number of variables...I really wish the clinic would have an email or messaging system. It is inconvenient to use only telephone communication especially with my full time job. I am rarely able to get to my cell phone at work and I feel messaging would work much better. They do set a personal voicemail system up for nurses to call with progress updates and medication instructions which is nice.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Corfman has a great bedside manner. He is excellent at explaining the ins and outs of IVF.
Nursing staff was wonderful. Timely responses always. Very patient with me when I would call with all kinds of questions. Very knowledgeable nurses.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Corfman does a wonderful job at explaining everything and was amazing with the actual procedures which are generally very uncomfortable. There was absolutely no pain or discomfort during my embryo transfer and the egg retrieval was a bit uncomfortable, as to be expected, but tolerable by all means (This clinic uses conscious sedation so I was awake and do remember my retrieval). Although we did not get the outcome we were praying for, Dr. Corfman was very honest and upfront with the not so great odds we were up against and gave ya all our options. One thing I do wish is that there would be a more holistic approach to the treatments. I have done a lot of research on my own with using supplements and making lifestyle changes. It’s not that Dr. Corfman is against those approaches, they just aren’t encompassed in the treatment plan and don’t seem to hold much importance there.
As with any infertility doctor, go in to it open minded. You have to trust the process. I had to go through a failed cycle to find out my egg quality is the problem.. now we are on to deciding what’s next.
I used the regular protocol there. I started by taking birth control for a month or so and then on to stim meds. It included ovarian stimulation meds such as Gonal F and trigger shot Pregnyl. I used ganrilex acetate to prevent ovulation before the retrieval. I did have Lupron at home on standby in case my estrogen levels spiked too high but I never had to use the Lupeon protocol. I used progesterone suppositories twice a day following the transfer, I believe those start before transfer if the lupron protocol is given. That’s all I can remember off hand without my list in front of me.
We haven’t gotten our total bill yet. It was around $20,000 for one cycle of IVF fresh transfer, no frozen embryos.
My clinic recommends transferring 1-2 embryos depending on a number of variables.

5 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They’re [the nurses at Midwest Center for Repro Health] great communicators. They would always get back to me when they said they would if I had concerns. They perform most of the procedures and always made me feel comfortable during them.... I feel like this clinic may have a bad reputation because Dr. Corfman does not have a soft bedside manner. I appreciate his knowledge, honesty, and professionalism while being under his care. He is a great doctor and has surrounded himself with a very caring staff.
European, Latino, Native American
5 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Corfman tells us what he would suggest to his own family members if they were in our shoes. He always makes sure we understand what he’s saying and listens to our concerns.
They’re great communicators. They would always get back to me when they said they would if I had concerns. They perform most of the procedures and always made me feel comfortable during them.
I was hesitant to use Dr. Corfman at first because a lot of our care was performed by nurses as he is often out of the office at satellite locations. However, his nurses were amazing. One of my treatments was scheduled on a weekend during a huge snowstorm. Dr. Corfman performed the procedure himself so his staff would not have to come to the office in hazardous conditions.
If you’re looking for someone to look out for your best interests, he will be honest with you and not beat around the bush. He truly wants his patients to be successful.
Our 5 treatment cycles were IUI. All were unsuccessful. We met with Dr. Corfman to discuss what to do next and he suggested donor eggs. Initially, we did not want to even consider using donor eggs as we were already using donor sperm. We asked if he would sign off on paperwork for us to try ICI at home and he did. After 5 more failed tries, we found ourselves back in his office. Time was not on our side. I was getting older (as are my eggs) and my wife did not have promising numbers. He was very sympathetic to our situation but made sure we were aware of all of our options. We could try IVF with my eggs and possibly experience expensive heartache or we could consider IVF with donor eggs and have our family.
Some of my care was covered by insurance but for all of the treatments I was provided, the business office was very good at providing cost information ahead of time and issued me any refunds when necessary.
We haven’t transferred eggs yet, but when we were doing IUI, Dr. Corfman discussed the possibility of multiples and asked us to think about selective reduction in the event of four or more embryos. Because of my age, 38, all of our IVF conversations have been about implanting at least two embryos.
Maple Grove

Strengths: organized, timely, and kind. The nurses know your name and your case. The doctor is always on time. Weakness: Older clinic, not as yo to date with things as other clinics. They do not email you test results which can be frustrating, as their is no patient portal. It is also hard to make appointments sometimes. ... Some results were not given to us, we had to call to get them. ...
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I felt that Dr. Corfman did a great job at being honest and blunt, but we didn’t see him as often as we wanted. He also forgot some things on my chart, and had to ask us questions. But overall he is extremely knowledgeable, and good at what he does.
They are amazing!! They always call you back right away, and are kind, compassionate, and know all about you. These nurses know what to do in any situation, and truly are the best.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Strengths: Extremely honest and won’t waste your time. Gets a plan in action and makes you feel like you can succeed. He balances optimism, while being realistic. He’s very talented and doesn’t give you false hope. Weakness: very busy, so I felt rushed at times. He also seemed like he forgot who we were one time, anc had to ask us questions about our chart. Make sure you advocate for answers, no matter what.
Advocate for yourself, and make sure you get answers. Be ok with not seeing him and mainly communicating with nurses.
Started with metformin for pcos and then letrozole and ovidrel. Had a SIS done to make sure my tubes were open after my D&C. Now moving onto IVF for MFI.
Around $20k for one fresh cycle IVF, and some other costs to freeze embryos.
He thought we would be ok with transferring two embryos, depending on the quality.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
They [nurses at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] were all extremely empathetic, compassionate, and humbled...I had all my monitoring appointments at a separate satellite location...It cost us well over 20,000 out of pocket for our procedure. We opted for the VIP program which was more than the standard 17,800 plus then you had to pay for your medications separately resulting in about 8,000 - 9,000 in medications alone on top of the rest.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The ONLY thing I disliked is the waiting room. When you are going through infertility, you are constantly in waiting rooms with others - who may or may not be going through the same thing as you. Some who are already pregnant. Some who are trying. Some who have lost. I wish that in this case, when your emotions are already so high and that you have already been on this journey so long - that the waiting room would have separate rooms for each family. So that you can wait, grieve, be in excitement, etc together without others around.
He was patient and kind and took the time to answer any and all questions. After our transfer, he stayed and held our hands and talked to us when he didn't have to as his job was done. He told us he had a good feeling and hoped he wouldn't have to see us again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: It was Dr. Corfman's daughter in law.)
They were all extremely empathetic, compassionate, and humbled.
After the transfer, the dr corfman stayed. He had already done his job... but he didn't immediately leave. For about five minutes he held mine and Andrews hand. He told us he had a good feeling. That he hoped he wouldn't have to see us again. And then, before he left us to be together as parents, he said "they are yours now." That stuck with me in ways you cannot imagine. He was down to earth. Funny when he needed to be lighthearted. Serious when he needed to be. And walked us through everything.
Go to him.
The only thing I really remember is that my body took well to one of the hormones - so I was able to adjust my course as necessary as my eggs were growing well/big at the time. I ended up not using about half of the medication was prescribed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I had all my monitoring appointments at a separate satellite location.
He made sure it was our choice but told us the possibility of them splitting, etc. We chose to place two. and both took. He made sure to tell me that he thought I was healthy enough to place two and that if twins or triplets were an option, that my body should/would be healthy enough to handle that choice and if he didn't think so, that he would have encouraged us to only place one embryo.
Maple Grove

Strength is always answering and calling me back immediately. The front desk staff [Midwest Ctr for Repro Health] are friendly and warm. They open really early in the morning so you don’t have to take time away from your work day. Weakness is sometimes it takes months to get an initial appointment.... I appreciate they have a “live birth guarantee” with IVF. This means if you don’t have a life birth you can get a large amount of money back.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Strength is always answering and calling me back immediately. The front desk staff are friendly and warm. They open really early in the morning so you don’t have to take time away from your work day. Weakness is sometimes it takes months to get an initial appointment.
He thoroughly looked over my chart and finally diagnosed me with PCOS after 2 years of treatment with my OBGYN and a miscarriage. He knew everything about me and my history and came in with a thorough plan and the information to back it up. He made personal connections to me by really getting to know who I was as a person. I left feeling finally heard and understood after two very long, lonely and painful years of infertility.
Even when I would come in for a blood sample they knew everything about my cycle and my chart. They always called me back ASAP when I left a message.
He is knowledgeable and has backup for everything he does. He even will joke with you to make you more at ease. He makes me feel like I have a chance in this journey because he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. He is honest and candid and I want that and appreciate it.
Don’t hesitate at all to give your care to this doctor.
He used medications that I needed based on blood work and history and not just guessing what might possibly help. I appreciated that cause I want to know these things too.
Basic costs of medication and cycles were in line with what other clinics charged per cycle. I appreciate they have a “live birth guarantee” with IVF. This means if you don’t have a life birth you can get a large amount of money back. That helps ease a lot of fears and worries with IVF.
None
Maple Grove

[Midwest Center for Reproductive Health has] Easy access, with lots of availability for appointments. I liked that the clinic had everything in one building so there wasn’t any running around town. Convenient hours made all of the appointments easy to fit around my work schedule...[The nurses were] Very friendly, supportive and encouraging. They were very empathetic when a cycle ended up negative...Each IUI was approximately $1000
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Corfman did a great job making us feel like we were his only patient. He took the time to answer all of our questions and explain things so we understood them. He was careful to give hope without overpromising.
Dr Corfman is a fast-talker and very smart, but if I ever got lost he would take the time to explain everything clearly. He walked through each step, explaining why each step was important and what changes we would make if necessary. When we faced a miscarriage he was so compassionate and kind and let us take the time we needed.
Be prepared with what you want to know. Ask lots of questions and trust his judgment. He has purpose behind every decision. It may make it feel like it it is taking forever but the process works!
We started with two months of birth control to reset hormones. He also encourages an HSG for diagnostic purposes initially but for treatment after our first baby. On day 1-3 there is an ultrasound to ensure the health of the lining and uterus. Days 3-10 or so I took letrazole to stimulate the follicles. Around day 10 I had an ultrasound to check the maturity of the follicles. Dr Corfman would decide if more time was needed or if we were ready for the IUI. Two days before the IUI I would do a trigger shot and intercourse was recommended. Two days later my husband went in to give his sample and then I went in a few hours later for the IUI. Two weeks later we did a blood test and if positive two days later another blood test was done. If still positive, we scheduled an ultrasound for two weeks later.
Each IUI was approximately $1000
Maple Grove

The clinic [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] runs like a well oiled machine. They keep you updated on new appointments and what is the next step in the process.... The nurses are easy to get a hold of and return calls quickly. Everyone was friendly and approachable. We had one lab charged which was not performed and I kept receiving bills for it.... They also only do retrievals and tranfers a few times a year so you may have to wait to start treatment depending on the date.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic runs like a well oiled machine. They keep you updated on new appointments and what is the next step in the process. They worked with my schedule for ultrasounds which included coming before the clinic was officially open. The nurses are easy to get a hold of and return calls quickly. Everyone was friendly and approachable. We had one lab charged which was not performed and I kept receiving bills for it. It took a few calls before it was resolved completely. They also only do retrievals and tranfers a few times a year so you may have to wait to start treatment depending on the date.
I spent 3 years trying to become pregnant with treatments from Dr. Corfman. We had 3 failed attempts and Dr. Corfman and staff were very supportive. When we finally had a positive result, Dr. Corfman shared tears of joy with us.
The staff were all very compassionate. The skill level varied from nurse to nurse but overall they were all very knowledgeable in what they were doing.
Dr. Corfman is very intelligent and to the point. He explains things in detail when asked which was very helpful. I feel that he was invested in our treatments and with each failed attempt he grieved with us. He was honest in saying he didn’t know why we weren’t successful and referred us to colleagues for a second opinion. In the end we stayed with him and his clinic because we trusted them and didn’t believe we would have different outcomes somewhere else.
Don’t give up and try to second guess every decision.
I used follistem and menoper for stimulation along with ganerelex. I did not have a successful fresh transfer. With our frozen transfer - we used lupron along with progesterone injections and suppositories and estrogen injections.
Each fresh cycle had a base rate of around 10,000 which did not include meds or monitoring. Each frozen had a base of around 6,000.
Our embryos were rated and we transferred the top 2 each time.
Maple Grove

The nurse who did our injectable teaching [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] did a good job and we were pleased with her...I had requested information be sent to another clinic and they claimed to have done it but didn't - I had to have it mailed out to me...We personally were not pleased and would not be my first recommendation to someone. The location is convenient and easy to access, the wait times didn't ever seem lengthy. This was my first time going to a fertility clinic and wish we would have interviewed around but we were referred to him per our OBGYN who has had good luck and refers all of his patients here.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We were very unhappy with our time with Dr Corfman. We felt like we were just another person coming through. He never asked we come back to meet in person - we insisted to come back and sit down in person to go over why he felt things weren't working. When we got there he told me it was probably my weight why we weren't getting pregnant because I was "too thin." He never mentioned my weight when treatments started - just 6 months in when things weren't working. ( I weighed less prior to my first child than at this point, and this has always been my weight, I'm naturally thin but health) He then said our only other option was IVF. We said we'd like to discuss that further. He said - well if you do IVF I only do it in the Fall and not in the summer because of the summer solstice - he claimed IVF doesn't work very well during the summer solstice. He went and got someone to go over the IVF packet with us. When the person came back she said - sorry the IVF coordinator is out, I'm just from the business office. She handed us a file full of information & said we'd need to come back to meet with the coordinator for further details/explanations. It felt VERY "cold" and hurtful.
I remember a couple of nurses that were very pleasant and professional, but there was one nurse who did a blood draw that did a terrible job as that wasn't her full time job but just needed to get it done. The nurse who did our injectable teaching did a good job and we were pleased with her.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
When I first met him ( he was our 1st fertility specialist) he seemed very knowledgeable and gave us hope that his course of action would work with no concerns. We felt very positive when we left that we'd only need one month of medications and we'd get pregnant. He seemed very thorough in our first meeting. However, after we left that appointment I believe I didn't speak to him again until we requested to come back.
Interview around.
We were prescribed to do injectables, 2 sets of ultrasounds/month with timed intercourse.
I believe the medications were expensive (which we expected) and insurance doesn't cover most fertility treatments so we expected that. I'm not sure what the costs were.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
The retrieva/transfer [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] was about $15000...I was at satellite clinic since I’m 4 hours away from doctor Corfmans main clinic. The two clinics were great at communicating and keeping me in the loop. As far as the actual Minnesota clinic I can’t speak about since I wasn’t there much besides the retrieval and transfer. The clinic was clean, quiet, and staff was very friendly
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Doctor Corfman was always willing to explain everything in great detail! Even would draw out the procedure and what was to happen. He also made small talk and could relate to hobbies/sports we had in common
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Wisdom (I think) )
Always returned calls in a timely manner .. tried to answer questions as well as they knew how. I really appreciated the education provided on how to draw up the medications and inject them.
It was an amazing experience. I had friends that happened to use him as well. Right from the beginning he was friendly, patient, and attentive to our questions and concerns, no matter how silly they seemed to be. Even though I live 4+ hours away I never felt ignored. I honestly can’t say enough about him and my experience. I’ve had a few friends that are struggling with infertility and I always mention doctor Corfman and my experience.
To trust him ! He knows exactly what tests to run and tries to figure out what the underlying issue may be before jumping straight to IVF.
Cycle 1: I was on bc to get my cycle. We then tried letrozole (adjusting doses) and I was not producing follicles. I then went onto injections (menopur). I did an IUI and unfortunately had an ectopic pregnancy. I had to do the methotrexate shot a couple times. Cycle 2: we went back to the injections of menopur/gonal f/ovidrel .. I had produced follicles but unfortunately I produced TOO many to do IUI so the cycle was canceled Cycle 3: injections again .. egg retrieval.. implanted 2 embryos and 1 took. I got my baby girl in December 2016!!!!
I don’t have infertility coverage. So each ultrasound leading up to pregnancy was about $254 out of pocket, I had to have HSG(out of pocket), each cycle my injections cost approx $5000. The retrieva/transfer was about $15000

IUI, 1 IVF
Everyone was kind and professional [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health]... we did all our monitoring at a satellite clinic, but when we went to see Dr. Corfman for the egg retrieval and then the transfer, we were called back quickly, there were no other people in the waiting room, or in the clinic from what I could see, so it didn't feel like I was in an assembly line and we had some amount of privacy in the waiting room.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Like I said previously, we did all our monitoring at a satellite clinic, but when we went to see Dr. Corfman for the egg retrieval and then the transfer, we were called back quickly, there were no other people in the waiting room, or in the clinic from what I could see, so it didn't feel like I was in an assembly line and we had some amount of privacy in the waiting room. Everyone was kind and professional.
Dr. Corfman's office definitely had a set protocol that they followed, but they always reviewed my lab results and my ultrasounds and tailored my protocol to me.
Always returned my calls the same day (or the next day if I called late in the afternoon). We did all my monitoring via a satellite clinic, so the nurse had to give me all my instructions over the phone, and she was very detailed and precise and answered all my questions. It was a lot of information and she explained it very well.
Dr. Corfman was very to the point but was never unkind or rude. He was very knowledgeable about our case in particular from the first visit and is actually the one who diagnosed me with PCOS. I had 6 IUIs with my OB doctor and he never diagnosed me with PCOS, when I asked he would say I don't fit the profile. Dr. Corfman was able to tell from my ultrasounds alone that I had PCOS. He drew many diagrams to help explain the process for what they would do in my situation. When I told him we were in a time crunch and wanted to proceed with IVF instead of trying some other things first, as we were getting ready to move in a few months and the insurance I had at the time covered part of IVF, he said they would get me in before we moved, and they did. My husband even liked Dr. Corfman, and he doesn't like any doctors.
I read some of the other reviews who said that he was somewhat blunt, but keep in mind the reason you are seeing him is that you want a baby. Dr. Corfman is very good at what he does. His success rates are well over the national average.
We had a down payment of around $11,000. Meds did not cost us anything since my insurance at the time paid for all of the meds. My insurance covered some of the IVF, so we got some money refunded to us and ended up paying about $9,000 out of pocket. Probably would have been close to $20,000 if we didn't have insurance.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Their office hours [at MW Center for Repro Health] are shorter than most, closing at 3:30 and it can be hard to connect with a nurse after 2:00 for same day questions. Strengths would be that the rooms for males is set apart from the clinic activity and offers privacy upon leaving...The ones [nurses] that have been there a while were great and super compassionate. They were hopeful for us and kind...
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
In terms of technology compared to other Twin City clinics, this is outdated and minimal. There aren't many bells and whistles - everything from your blood draws to your ultrasounds to your IUI's to your endometrial scratches are conducted in the same room. Their office hours are shorter than most, closing at 3:30 and it can be hard to connect with a nurse after 2:00 for same day questions. Strengths would be that the rooms for males is set apart from the clinic activity and offers privacy upon leaving.
Dr. Corfman constantly had to review to our chart when addressing us by name in consults. He constantly brought up the fact that there were people waiting after us. Outside of 2 consults - an initial and one after a miscarriage - we never saw him, heard from him, or spoke to him. I cried during a consult, which was very unlike me, and instead of showing compassion, he seemed exasperated.
It was clear they have turnover and it seemed like many of the nurses were new to the lingo or didn't always understand the questions I was asking. The ones that have been there a while were great and super compassionate. They were hopeful for us and kind.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
After my consult, we never heard from Dr. Corfman again outside of him stepping in briefly to conduct an endometrial scratch. Even then, the nurses had everything ready so he was in the room for less than a few minutes without much dialogue. He seems to have a reputation for a quick diagnosis of PCOS and suggested donor eggs instead of listening to the patient. (Other clinics have confirmed this.) He is quick to remind everyone of his "busy schedule" at other clinics. He is not available during the summer and very dismissive of much, if any, support on weekends. I found his attitude to be cocky. My husband did find his graphs and charts helpful as he tried to explain our options, but it was obvious he didn't know our case well given the options he gave.
Look into other clinics in the Twin Cities. If you do see him, bring questions. He won't like to answer them but stay on track and be persistent. Remember YOU are paying HIM for service, not the other way around.
A basic femara protocol with ovulation trigger shot. When cycles produced too many or too little eggs, it was me that suggested to the nurses they talk to him about adjusting my medication (which they did). I don't think without my advocacy for myself, my cycles would have been remotely promising.
Relatively average. Charged per ultrasound and vial of blood drawn. He would bill his time very specifically to the minute, and tended to get off tangent (and was hard to redirect).

2012 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Our monitoring appointments were done at a satellite clinic near our home. The results were then sent to Dr. Corfman. We did not do anything at the clinic until our egg retrieval and transfer. This was convenient for us...The nursing staff at the clinic was amazing. We had a phone messaging system that was used...They did a good job of scheduling and making sure we did not see anyone else in the office at the same time. This made us feel like the attention was on us and we did not feel rushed.
2012 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The number one thing we liked about the clinic is that it is small. There was only one time that we saw another couple. We also liked that we were able to stay in our community and go to a satellite clinic for a lot of the care. When we did get to Maple Grove the staff knew who we were and had never met us before, this made us a little more relaxed.
We were always treated like human beings and not numbers. They did a good job of scheduling and making sure we did not see anyone else in the office at the same time. This made us feel like the attention was on us and we did not feel rushed.
The nursing staff at the clinic was amazing. We had a phone messaging system that was used. We saw a nurse practitioner at a satellite clinic for the majority of our treatment. She was amazing and we continue to see her.
From our first phone consult to the time we met Dr. Corfman we felt he was very knowledgeable. He was blunt, but presented the information in a compassionate way. We had to travel to see him, so we did not even meet Dr. Corfman until we did our egg retrieval. We still felt that he took an interest in our case and did not bow off our concerns.
He is blunt and does not sugar coat things. We prefer this approach so it worked for us. The clinic is a small one and we liked that.
After multiple failed IUIs we moved on to IVF with Dr. Corfman. We did IVF in 2012 and I think it was a pretty standard protocol. The side effects were not terrible for me. I did get pretty uncomfortable just before the egg retrieval. I did like that I was awake for the retrieval so I was able to see what was going on. Unfortunately we only got 5 eggs from all the follicles I produced. Dr. Corfman was not concerned about this and all 5 embryos made it to day 3.
I do not remember what we ended up paying. We were lucky that our insurance covered a part of the IVF.

2009 - 2013
IUI, 1 IVF
The clinic [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] did not allow children out of consideration for others. It also allowed for a quieter, more calm environment. It was about an hour away so we liked doing testing and monitoring at our local clinic and only actual retrieval and transfer at the fertility clinic.... It was about $17,000 for the fresh cycle but that excluded all monitoring because it was done locally and insurance covered it. The frozen transfers were about $3000 each.
2009 - 2013
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic did not allow children out of consideration for others. It also allowed for a quieter, more calm environment. It was about an hour away so we liked doing testing and monitoring at our local clinic and only actual retrieval and transfer at the fertility clinic.
He would provide follow-up calls, if necessary, himself. He also took the time to answer any questions you had.
They were also good at explaining everything that was going on. You felt that they genuinely wanted you to succeed in achieving a pregnancy. With my first pregnancy they called back with the HCG results and you could hear her excitement in the levels. They made sure I was comfortable during all procedures. They also did a great job coordinating with my local clinic for basic testing and training monitoring of cycles.
He was thorough and explained everything he was doing/planned to do. He was up front about our chances to conceive. He also gave tips on how to improve fertility while preparing for cycle (i.e. weight loss, vitamins to take to prepare for pregnancy, tips for male fertility, etc.)
Dr. Corfman is very upfront and straightforward. Sometimes that can be hard news but you can feel confident in the answers he provides you and your chances of conceiving.
It has been too long to remember specific drugs used, but I know I had quite a few of them. There were drugs to prevent ovulation prior to the egg retrieval, drugs to increase the number of eggs produced, drugs to improve the lining, and an antibiotic for day of retrieval to prevent infection. I also had to take progesterone to support the (potential) pregnancies. Suppositories the first time and both suppositories and injectable progesterone on subsequent transfers. I tried metformin to help with the PCOS but I had a side effect of swollen corneas and could not continue.
They were at my local clinic rather than the fertility clinic.

2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
We really liked... the staff [MW Center for Repro Health], but were disappointed in the attitude around and after transfer. The attitude really seemed paternalistic and dismissive..Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic... Around the time and after transfer, though, when we had questions and concerns, they were more condescending and paternalistic. They were less willing to provide requested information...Julie Johnson was really fabulous. So were the rest of the nursing and support staff. But when a couple issues arose, I got the impression they were being directed to be less than forthcoming.
2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Their results are really good. Which ultimately is what we wanted :) We really liked Dr Corfman and the staff, but were disappointed in the attitude around and after transfer. The attitude really seemed paternalistic and dismissive. Prior to that time we had not experienced that, except around some financial issues that had not been clear to us (we may have misunderstood). Ultimately the cycle ended up being less costly than we were quoted though.
Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic. We had the feeling Dr Corfman and his staff really cared about our well-being. Around the time and after transfer, though, when we had questions and concerns, they were more condescending and paternalistic. They were less willing to provide requested information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Julie Johnson)
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic. They spent a lot of time with us answering questions and concerns. Around the time and after transfer, though, they were more condescending and paternalistic. Our results were great though; we brought home our baby :)
Don't expect a lot of information around and after the time of transfer
We did donor egg here. We did bring home our baby after one cycle.
I don't remember the details, but it was less than we were quoted. We were told, however, that we could pay by credit card, but not warned that they would charge an extra fee (something like 5%)
Maple Grove
Overall [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health was] very organized, strict protocols, and good communication via voicemail system. Wish there was better info between retrieval and transfer. Also he [Dr. Corfman] will take ur case if u fit within his parameters of the std protocol only...There was a very standardized protocol which applied to all patients, you could also only go through the cycle based on his “class of patients” every 2 months
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Overall very organized, strict protocols, and good communication via voicemail system. Wish there was better info between retrieval and transfer. Also he will take ur case if u fit within his parameters of the std protocol only.
There was a very standardized protocol which applied to all patients, you could also only go through the cycle based on his “class of patients” every 2 months.
We feel grateful the process worked so far for us - however we lost one of the twins at 9 weeks, and are now at risk of delivering too early at 20 weeks. Dr Corfman and his nurses are very empathetic and made us feel very comfortable at all appointments and procedures. However i would have liked more information on why certain protocols were being used and especially during the time between retrieval and transfer on the number of eggs fertilized.
Dont question his protocols - if it works for you the first time around, go for it. But if the first round fails, most people try another Dr who is willing to try other options.
Started w Follistim, added Menopur three days later, and then Ganirelex. Total 10 or 11 days of stims. Triggered with Lupron & Pregnyl.
Over $20k, also anything ivf related including ultrasounds are only billed out of network to insurance
Gave us the option of 1 or 2, we transferred both. Froze the remaining.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Clinic [Midwest Center for Repro Health] itself is clean, but a bit outdated in cosmetic appearance. Not an issue for me. I’d rather they spend money on more important things! It’s inside a larger building and the office is tucked in the back corner on 2nd or 3rd floor... Worked with them [nurses] so far only by phone as I was seeing Dr. Corfman at a remote site where he does outreach, but all contact with his nursing staff by phone was wonderful. Understanding, helpful, quick response time.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Clinic itself is clean, but a bit outdated in cosmetic appearance. Not an issue for me. I’d rather they spend money on more important things! It’s inside a larger building and the office is tucked in the back corner on 2nd or 3rd floor...
He was very factual, talked to me as he would any other patient with PCOS.
Worked with them so far only by phone as I was seeing Dr. Corfman at a remote site where he does outreach, but all contact with his nursing staff by phone was wonderful. Understanding, helpful, quick response time.
He delved right into the facts of infertility. Likes to draw as he talks. Doesn’t give much time for interruption or questions until the end. Was fine for me, educational and explained things in detail.
Expect a more factual visit... not warm and fuzzy. Talks in general terms at initial visit. Will be seeing him soon a second time to start IVF.
Said I could continue using letrozole with Ovidrel to try and get pregnant if I wanted. Just depended on how many times I wanted to go through a miscarriage (had 4 by this time). Suggestion from him was 4-6 times with Ovidrel. Went on OCP for a month which seemed to help it work better, but after 4 more failed attempts (no pregnancy) decided to move onto IVF.
Unsure at this time... waiting to start IVF

Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I don’t know very much about the clinic [Midwest Center for Repro Health] since I was only there once but everyone seemed very friendly. ... All of the staff members I interacted with were polite & helpful. ... They [nursing staff] were so compassionate towards me. They answered all of my many questions with patience and I never felt as though I was a bother to them. They were prompt to return my calls & let me cry on the phone with them if they had to call & tell me I wasn’t pregnant.
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I don’t know very much about the clinic since I was only there once but everyone seemed very friendly. The place itself was professional & clean. All of the staff members I interacted with were polite & helpful.
He listened to me and empathized with me. He took great care to reassure me that I was not alone and could call at anytime with questions or concerns.
They were so compassionate towards me. They answered all of my many questions with patience and I never felt as though I was a bother to them. They were prompt to return my calls & let me cry on the phone with them if they had to call & tell me I wasn’t pregnant.
His strength is in letting patients know their diagnosis in a completely understandable way - in laymen’s terms. He also was very encouraging & positive. Some negatives are that he was maybe a bit too positive that his methods would work for me & they didn’t. That was disappointing since he basically guaranteed they would.
Take everything he says with hope & gratefulness but also remember that he could be wrong & may not know your diagnosis as well as he thinks.
I was taking letrozole to produce eggs & had to give myself a shot every month to induce ovulation. I also took progesterone & estradiol to help balance my hormones & to ensure that any potential pregnancies would stick.
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
This clinic [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] is thorough, experienced and it’s results are good. I wish I would have been referred here first because I think they did everything they could for us to be successful. My only complaints are that I wish they would give updates between retrieval and the day of transfer, and I think it would be less stressful for the patient to do the first beta hcg earlier.... Nursing staff appeared to strictly adhere to protocols. The were knowledgeable about medications and treatments. Did respond to calls/questions promptly but it didn’t seem like was an option to get to talk to Dr. Corfman outside of an appointment. I appreciated that nurses were kind but not unreasonably optimistic about treatments
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
This clinic is thorough, experienced and it’s results are good. I wish I would have been referred here first because I think they did everything they could for us to be successful. My only complaints are that I wish they would give updates between retrieval and the day of transfer, and I think it would be less stressful for the patient to do the first beta hcg earlier.
Personable, good at explaining treatments and options and gave realistic expectations in line with SART data. Showed he reviewed our records and past treatments by his summary of our conditions and thorough understanding of our history. Remembers details of our lives such as things about our family and work.
Thorough, detail oriented and clearly very experienced and knowledgeable. We had worked with multiple REs, and he was the best at describing treatment risks/benefits and giving a full explanation of all options. Realistic statistics and accurate description of evidence based were cited on conversation
Don’t hesitate to make another appointment if struggling with a decision regarding treatment.
He gave us both options with a thorough explanation of risks/benefits of both.
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Front desk staff [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] are well educated and nurses are some of the best. Nice facility, big waiting room and nice exam rooms. Dr. Corfman gives high hopes on the first consultation... which is awesome but not realistic....The doctor doesn’t call his patients with critical results. The embryologist doesn’t update the patient until day 5 of results....About $5,000 for four IUIs. About $18,000 for a retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Front desk staff are well educated and nurses are some of the best. Nice facility, big waiting room and nice exam rooms. Dr. Corfman gives high hopes on the first consultation... which is awesome but not realistic.
The nurses remembered me very well and every time I saw Dr.corfman he just asked where I was going to deliver.
They were extremely nice and approachable.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
He is very nice and it seems like he loves his job. He gave us false hope. He told us that we had a 75% chance of getting pregnant and we ended up with zero frozen embryos. I was disappointed with how he felt so confident that he would get us pregnant. He rarely aided in the side of caution when talking with us.
Do their research on all the clinics around the area first.
I was on 4 different injectables and had ultrasounds every 3 days. They received 33 eggs, 24 were viable eggs, 21 fertilized and 20 were viable embryos. Transferred two embryos on day five/fresh transfer and in day six the rest of the 18 didn’t make it to freeze.
It was in the morning hours and they made it work almost every time.
About $5,000 for four IUIs. About $18,000 for a retrieval and transfer.
He let us pick one embryo or two embryos but didn’t allow us to do more than two.
Maple Grove

Professional and clean building and office space [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Medicine]. Easy to find location. Staff seems to be organized and they stay fairly on time with their appointments. Timely returning of calls and emails. Make sure you contact your insurance and get price quotes ahead of time...They [nurses] all seemed very nice. Some were definitely more knowledgeable than others.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Professional and clean building and office space. Easy to find location. Staff seems to be organized and they stay fairly on time with their appointments. Timely returning of calls and emails. Make sure you contact your insurance and get price quotes ahead of time.
I feel neutral on this. He read our charts and our lab reports but still asked a lot of questions like he didn't know the answers to them. It was our first time going through this and getting diagnosed so a little more information would have been nice.
They all seemed very nice. Some were definitely more knowledgeable than others.
Dr. Randle Corfman was very nice and professional. He knows his stuff and explains it all pretty well so regular people can understand all of it. He does seem kind of rushed though but maybe he was just running behind when we saw him.
Write down all of your questions ahead of time so you have a plan and know what you need to ask. Make sure you take notes on everything he is saying and get direct contact information for him or a nurse so that you can reach out again if needed.
Maple Grove

All of the nurses [at MW Center for Repro Health] are so personable and they really care. They genuinely hope for the best for you so it always feels good after you talk with them...Overall, the clinic is great! It's location is pretty far from our home, but we are willing to travel to get the best care possible...
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Dr. Corfman and his staff are extremely personable and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
All of the nurses are so personable and they really care. They genuinely hope for the best for you so it always feels good after you talk with them.
Dr. Corfman is amazing. He is caring and really makes you feel comfortable. He explains everything in great detail including drawing diagrams at each appointment to help you to really understand your upcoming treatment.
We did 5 cycles where I was taking letrozole. Each of these cycles was unsuccessful. I have done monitoring outside of his clinic at a clinic that is closer to my home. I felt that Dr. Corfman was sure to run necessary tests and mibitorbme closely throughout these cycles. Most recently we completed a cycle of invitro. There were 18 eggs retrieved and 10 of those were mature. Of those 10, 6 fertilized using ICSI and 2 embryos made it to a day 5 fresh transfer. Currently, we are waiting for the results of this cycle.
We completed our monitoring appointments at a clinic closer to our home.
Maple Grove

Strengths are the well knowledges staff [Midwest Ctr for Repro Health]. They were able to squeeze me in for our cycle last minute which was great. And they did everything in their power to make that happen. Also they were good with any questions I had and always called me back promptly... Very sweet. Always informative and never made you feel stupid when asking questions.... Our cycle itself was around $14,000 I think. Medications were about $6,000
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Strengths are the well knowledges staff. They were able to squeeze me in for our cycle last minute which was great. And they did everything in their power to make that happen. Also they were good with any questions I had and always called me back promptly.
He was very warm and always explained things so I could understand.
He is super informative and always explained things so I could understand. His one downfall is he can’t be everywhere. So he’s not at every appointment. But I was ok with that for my situation. Also I do think he is a little old school in some of his practices, ie not putting the patient under for egg retrieval, however in my case it worked. Even though it was very very painful.
He tells it like it is. So be ready for blunt answers. He will tell you like it is.
We did ivf with icsi. We decided on icsi because while doing our iui’s for some reason the eggs weren’t fertilizing. It was a fresh transfer on day 5.
Our cycle itself was around $14,000 I think. Medications were about $6,000
At first he recommending transferring two embryos. Then when it came down to it he gave us the choice. We ultimately chose two.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Midwest Centeer for Reproductive Health] was very compassionate and caring and positive. ... his [Dr. Corman] nurses were very informative and caring and always there when I needed them. ... They were also knowledgeable and worked well with me and dr corfman ... Their strengths were their bedside manner and being positive and supportive and Dr. corfman being so knowledgeable. The weakness is being far away so having to do through my drs here and relay treatment plans. ...
European, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I felt like a human because Dr. Coffman has great bedside manner and his nurses were very informative and caring and always there when I needed them.
The nursing staff was very compassionate and caring and positive. They were also knowledgeable and worked well with me and dr corfman
Working with Dr. Corfman was great he was very knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about and didn’t have to use a book. He made me feel like he knew what he was talking about and made me feel good about that.
I would tell a perspective patient that he is a great dr and will adjust and listen to you as to what you need.
With corfman I was diagnosed with pcos and completed 3 cycles of letrozole and metfomin and femara. My follicles grew but not quite big enough to ovulate and get pregnant.
My insurance did not cover my procedures so I had to pay out of pocket
Maple Grove
Very clean and well put together. It [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] is very comforting and the atmosphere is great. Even though it is in a big building it is very secluded on its own for privacy desired. Loved being greeted by the friendly nurses as soon as I walked into the door. ... They usually only have one patient there at a time so you get one on one care from all nurses and dr ...
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Very clean and well put together. It is very comforting and the atmosphere is great. Even though it is in a big building it is very secluded on its own for privacy desired. Loved being greeted by the friendly nurses as soon as I walked into the door.
Dr Corfman is very thorough in his explanations and diagnoses and explains things in a way you will understand. One on one care so you are not rushed or pushed aside. Very compassionate for the issue at hand.
He diagnosed me with PCOS after previous drs said unexplained. He started me on metformin and femera for iui. He did give me the option to jump right to ivf but we decided to try it a couple more times. Once we decided ivf they put me on birth control a few months to control my cycle and a med so I didn’t get an infection for retrieval. I did a bunch of different shots and meds during the process.
Maple Grove

Easy to find and lots of parking. The clinic is clean and welcoming. Appointment times are respected. Phone calls are returned in an appropriate amount of time. Financials are discussed and gone over very thoroughly.... I was previous egg donor at MCRH and the nurses were so nice and comforting. They explained produces thoroughly.... Pre-testing: $376 (per person) IUI: $1200-220 (1) IUI: $7200-13,200 (6) IVF: $19000-20000 (1 FreshET) IVF: $5000-6000 (1 FrozenET) Plus medication costs
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
He explained his thoughts with pictures and diagrams. He clearly laid out his plan and asked many times if things made sense.
He explained his plan for us extremely well, but didn't offer natural alternatives and wanted to stick to the plan. He moved through his explaining quickly, but he asked numerous times if we were following.
He is a fast speaker and very detailed...but he is sincere.
Hysterosalpingogram Letrozole And trigger shot Metformin IuI Possible semen analysis And IVF if needed
We haven't discussed that yet

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
I worked with the nurses [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] 90% of the time and they really are all incredible ladies...Wonderful, knowledgeable, incredibly caring, and made the process less terrifying...Their main clinic was nice. I did all but our IVF transfer at our local hospital/clinic.
Investor
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Their main clinic was nice. I did all but our IVF transfer at our local hospital/clinic. Dr. Corfman provides services to multiple satalite clinics.
Dr. Corfman and his staff were wonderful and very helpful. They took the time to listen and answer our questions and concerns. I appreciated his very candid and honest explanations. I didn't want anything sugar coated as it wasn't going to help us meet our end goal.
Wonderful, knowledgeable, incredibly caring, and made the process less terrifying. I worked with the nurses 90% of the time and they really are all incredible ladies.
Dr. Corfman is very candid and honest. He told us what we needed to hear and didn't sugar coat anything. I personally felt like he had our best interests in mind and honestly did what he could for us in our situation.
Be prepared to be told the honest truth. If you're overweight (or a smoker), Dr. Corfman requires all patients to be at or under a BMI of 30.
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic was nice, procedures quick, staff warm and comforting. Dr Corfman was to the point...
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Asked me several times if I was warm enough... when we had a question 2d post retrieval, she was really quick to respond. Mostly she was kind and smiling and that's what I needed.
Blunt, which I appreciated. Our first visit was educational. He discussed our issues (PCOS/Anovulation/Male factor due to varocosele) and treatment options..emphasis on IVF. We had already tried 5 IUI cycles at this point, so the next time we met was just before retrieval. I live in Bismarck ND, so his nurse here handled the pre-IVF visit to go over drugs. All of my scans were sent to him for review and I used the phone system to check medication instructions daily. The clinic was nice, procedures quick, staff warm and comforting. Dr Corfman was to the point from what I remember before & after procedures, but still took time to joke with my hubby a bit :-) In the end, we were blessed with a beautiful son, Oliver.
Don't be put off by his demeanor. He's very kind and concerned.

2016 - 2019
Everything about this clinic [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] is wonderful. Infertility is a hard and emotional journey. Midwest Center Reproductive Health is a wonderful clinic to help you every step of the way. All of the staff always go about and beyond. Very knowledgeable...The nursing staff is beyond amazing. They are kind, wonderful people. They are on the journey with you and do everything they can to help you. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them all. Introducing them to my little girl was a very special day.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Everything about this clinic is wonderful. Infertility is a hard and emotional journey. Midwest Center Reproductive Health is a wonderful clinic to help you every step of the way. All of the staff always go about and beyond. Very knowledgeable.
He takes the time to know you and thoroughly explain any questions or treatment. He is honest and kind. I have full faith he is the right doctor for me and my family.
Dr. Corfman was an exceptional dr when I went through IUI and then IVF, we have a beautiful girl thanks to him and his staff. he is very knowledgeable, give you all the info and answers. he thoroughly went through our options and his recommendations. I can't say enough good things about him. Infertility is HARD and he helped give me hope and a beautiful baby girl. We are now in process of a frozen transfer of one of our embryos from our previous egg retrieval. Infertility is hard and expensive but his clinic is worth it!!!
He will be there every step of your treatment and to trust in him.
We tried 3 rounds of IUI which failed and our sperm count kept going lower. Instead of continue about 3 months of IUI we made the decision to use IVF. It was a hard choice as there is a lot of costs in all treatments. However with our diagnosis it was our best chance. We did IVF with a lot of medications and injections. We had a great egg retrieval and lots of beautiful embryos. We did a fresh transfer on day 5 and were thrilled it worked! We are now back with Dr. Corfman for another cycle of IVF to a transfer in hopes of having another child.
Infertility treatments are not cheap and my insurance didn't cover my treatments. The business office is there to help with questions and finance questions if needed.
Dr. Corfman went over embryos and the number. He is very safe and smart with his recommendations. We did 2 embryos the first time (one was a healthy pregnancy) We are now trying for another and based on my levels from the previous treatment he gave his recommendation on transferring one embryo this time. I believe he gives the best recommendation for his patients.

Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Only strengths [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health]! The staff here is wonderful. We always felt important and well cared for. We never felt like just a number. We even went to visit with our twins after they were born. This clinic is exceptional, which is what you deserve...[nurses were] Amazing!...We did two rounds of IVF...You must know that he [Dr. Corfman] speaks the truth in a pretty blunt way. Sometimes that truth hurts, but it was important to us when spending that amount of money to hear the truth...We did two rounds of IVF with him...He was very personable. Treated us with honesty and respect and cared about us...will tell you how it is, but in a caring way. He was honest with us and gave us his opinions, but let us guide the decisions that were made. He treated us almost like family and was very sympathetic when things didn’t go as planned and then celebrated with us when they went better than expected.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Only strengths! The staff here is wonderful. We always felt important and well cared for. We never felt like just a number. We even went to visit with our twins after they were born. This clinic is exceptional, which is what you deserve.
He was very personable. Treated us with honesty and respect and cared about us.
Amazing!
Dr. Corfman will tell you how it is, but in a caring way. He was honest with us and gave us his opinions, but let us guide the decisions that were made. He treated us almost like family and was very sympathetic when things didn’t go as planned and then celebrated with us when they went better than expected.
You must know that he speaks the truth in a pretty blunt way. Sometimes that truth hurts, but it was important to us when spending that amount of money to hear the truth.
We did two rounds of IVF with him.
Average costs for the procedures provided.