Genetic counseling: Offered
Noblesville
395 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
317-571-1637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Fertility Specialists to a friend?

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Will is incredibly personable. He does an excellent job of presenting realistic outcomes while still painting an optimistic picture overall. He also explains every process thoroughly...We trust him completely in choosing the right procedures for us. It is frustrating not to meet or speak with him every single time, but when we do get to work with him, we are always pleased with the consultations...consider whether or not you are willing to commute to Indianapolis on a regular basis since that is where he primarily works. He is only available in Fort Wayne on Mondays.
Brooke is a fantastic nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. She takes great care to explain all the work being done while we are in the office. She also leaves me very detailed messages about next steps when calling. She is patient in answering all questions and in demonstrating necessary steps, such as administering the trigger shot at home...After our first IUI, we were told that someone would call us with the semen analysis. That call never happened. When we ourselves called to discuss the semen analysis before our second IUI, the nurse in Fort Wayne provided us with a different summary than the nurse in Indianapolis who administered the first IUI. Their accounts differed in terms of good numbers pre- and post-wash.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is incredibly personable. He does an excellent job of presenting realistic outcomes while still painting an optimistic picture overall. He also explains every process thoroughly. We trust him completely in choosing the right procedures for us. It is frustrating not to meet or speak with him every single time, but when we do get to work with him, we are always pleased with the consultations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
If you are thinking about choosing Dr. Matthew Will and are based out of Fort Wayne, consider whether or not you are willing to commute to Indianapolis on a regular basis since that is where he primarily works. He is only available in Fort Wayne on Mondays.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Describe the protocols Matthew Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr. Will first looked for potential causes of my PCOS symptoms and determined that I likely had polyps in my uterus. Those polyps were removed eight months after we first began meeting with him. He also diagnosed my husband with male factor infertility and started him on Clomid two months after we first started working with Dr. Will. We had our first IUI with Letrozole and a trigger shot 10 months after working with him, and we are having our second IUI this month, about 11 months after our first meeting, using the same procedures as last time. We have met with Dr. Will for all of the above decisions except the latest decision to complete our second IUI using the same protocol as the first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Brooke)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
While we are very pleased with our doctor and nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists, we struggle with the clinic in general. It is very difficult to book appointments as very few slots are offered during the times when teachers are free. While we are based in Fort Wayne, procedures can only be completed at this branch on Tuesdays-Thursdays, requiring us to drive two hours to Indianapolis if we need a procedure done on other days. Finally, there have also been several issues with the billing department. Bills have been sent to us in the wrong amount. Procedures have also been billed incorrectly to our insurance. While Midwest tried to correct the mistake with our insurance, our insurance ultimately refused to pay that bill because of the initial mistake, costing us an extra $350 that we should not have had to pay.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The initial consultation cost between $200-250. Most of our other appointments were at least partially covered by insurance before our official diagnosis of infertility. Our first and second IUI cycles cost $1,150 each.
Describe Matthew Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
No comment/Not applicable at this time
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

[Dr. Erica Anspach Will] has a preference for single embryo transfer, but I have not yet felt strongly pressured one way or another...has a very warm manner. It was clear that she read all of my background information thoroughly before our appointment, so she could then focus her attention on me. She was also very clear about giving me all the information I needed and insistent on me making informed decisions...does not shy away from giving you data and the odds of a procedure working. She does not rush you through your consultation but lets you take all the time you need to ask questions. She is also very approachable over the phne.
Everyone I met [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was respectful and friendly...We were talking with the doctor about egg freezing options and she never mentioned anything about eggs being stored at an outside facility, and gave us the impression that they were always stored on site. However, we later were talking with the financial specialist, who said that you have to pay extra money to store your eggs on site, otherwise they get sent to a storage facility in another state. This just felt like conflicting information (it also felt like they were trying to squeeze more money out of me.)
How was your experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is warm and friendly but also does not shy away from giving you data and the odds of a procedure working. She does not rush you through your consultation but lets you take all the time you need to ask questions. She is also very approachable over the phne.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Come up with all of your questions beforehand, because she will give you plenty of time to address them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will has a very warm manner. It was clear that she read all of my background information thoroughly before our appointment, so she could then focus her attention on me. She was also very clear about giving me all the information I needed and insistent on me making informed decisions.
Describe the protocols Erica Anspach Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We are still in the process of planning my cycle. I know she is planning on using the strongest doses of medications possible for my cycle, since I have probable diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I did not interact much with the nursing staff. Everyone I met was respectful and friendly, however.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I wish the clinic had more pricing info online. As it is, you only get pricing info after a consultation. I like that their online portal makes it easy for me to get in touch with my doctor. It is also fairly easy to schedule an appointment with this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This is all quoted (have not done any of these procedures yet.) $6150 for oocyte freeze-all cycle, including office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, egg retrieval, freezing, and facility fee (NOT medications - that is a separate, variable, direct pay to pharmacy.) Additional anesthesia fee of $416 (paid separately to anesthesiologist.) Embryo creation $1900. Embryo transfer is $3900, not counting medications. ICSI $1300. PGS biopsy $1550. On site egg storage $1000/year. Offsite egg storage $500/year.
Describe Erica Anspach Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This doctor/clinic has a preference for single embryo transfer, but I have not yet felt strongly pressured one way or another.
Erica Anspach Will
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Matthew Will] will sit down and answer all of your questions, in words that you will understand. He even made drawings to explain things to us. Don't be afraid. He is seriously a saint...He sat down with us for our initial consultation for an hour. He asked us about our personal lives and even told us that he wanted to get to know us as people, not just as patients. He actively listened to us and he was engaged...He monitors his patients very closely. He does everything in his power to be the physician doing procedures for his patients. I cant say enough wonderful things about Dr. Will. He is an angel.
Emily [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] has a very positive personality. She is very thorough and explains everything very well...Ivf was 12,641 with genetic testing and retrieval. The transfer is about 4,000. The medications are separate and you pay the pharmacy...Strengths are that they are really quick to return your calls. They have a schedule that accommodates me. Weakness is that after 4pm you cannot leave a message or contact anyone until the next business day (unless it is an emergency).
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is amazing. I had a different fertility doctor, but she retired in June which was right after a failed iui course. I was so distraught when my previous doctor retired because I really liked her and was so comfortable. My husband and I did our research on the other physicians in that practice and decided to go with Dr. Will. Oh my gosh, we are so glad we did. We wish we would've had him from the beginning, that's how much we liked him. He was so attentive. He reviewed our file and knew things about us prior to the initial consultation. He was so warm and welcoming. We are currently going to an ivf cycle and I feel so at peace with Dr. Will. He monitors his patients very closely. He does everything in his power to be the physician doing procedures for his patients. I cant say enough wonderful things about Dr. Will. He is an angel.
Keep notes of all of your questions and concerns that you have about infertility. He will sit down and answer all of your questions, in words that you will understand. He even made drawings to explain things to us. Don't be afraid. He is seriously a saint.
1) Cycle education about 2 weeks prior to start date. 2) cycle day 1 call to inform office. Day 2 you go in for baseline labs/ultrasound. Set up appts for every day for the next week. Using gonal f and menopur. Labs and ultrasound on days 2 and 5 of cycle. The remaining labs and ultrasounds are based on lab levels, but typically every other day or every day as you get closer to retrieval. So far I have 16 follicles on my right side and 15 on my left.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily has a very positive personality. She is very thorough and explains everything very well. She gives promotion updates and very informative. She has went through an infertility journey herself and really understands when we are going through.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I received a message from another patient stating that they received some of my info in the mail with some of their health documents. We have the same last name. That was disappointing. I never heard anything from the clinic stating that they did this, even thought the patient that contacted me said she contacted the practice manager. I still havent heard anything about this.

2016 - 2019
We began with Letrozol, and on the morning of our first scheduled IUI we had to cancel because my husband’s sperm count came back to low. Dr. Reuter set up an appointment with a specialist for my husband. After we got his issues squared away, we went back to the letrozol, unfortunately after 3 attempts Dr. Reuter discovered that i was ovulating prematurely and we kept missing the window for the iui. She called after the 3rd cancellation and suggested that we switch to an injectable. We have now made it through two IUIs. If this last one doesn’t take we are scheduled for another consultation and a change of plan.
Everyone at MFS is very nice, attentive, and helpful. The only weakness i would say that they have is that sometimes if you have to have an appointment on the weekend, the staff seems a little bit more unorganized and uninformed.... Shelly has been wonderful. She is very patient and understanding. She has answered my questions and gone over the medications and procedures. She always returns my phone calls within that business day.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She is very proactive and up front with you. If for some reason she doesn’t think you’re going to get the outcome you’re hoping for she’ll tell you and make another plan. I feel that she explains things well and will answer all questions. She has always been available to me for a telephone consultation when I’ve needed it, as her office is about an hour drive from where I live.
Describe the protocols Laura Reuter used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly )
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility attempted to bill my insurance, but since I don’t have coverage for fertility treatments, they have two options, you can pay as you go or purchase an all inclusive package deal.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Colver did call us at night with results and check-ups, which we appreciated. We are still searching for answers, and wish he could help us more. He had been great and would recommend him to a friend, I would just inform them that the results can be very negative and Colver wasn't able to solve them... yet...IUI, IVF, negative results both times...is a genuinely nice man. There are times when we felt like he had been through this a ton of times, and it was our first experience.
When explaining the injection procedures, our nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] ran through them very fast and did not leave great instructions. There was some guessing and hoping when we got home and could not reach them. We felt as if she rushed through some things and did not understand this process was new to us...Approximately $1500 for IUI and $25,000 for IVF...Very clean, easy to get to, friendly employees. They are always on time and do not leave you waiting very long. Even the check out was smoothly operated. There is never a instance of regret, embarrassment, or shame. They make you feel comfortable and want you to trust them
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We appreciated his knowledge of the subject and is extremely intelligent. He can go a little fast sometimes and leave you with questions. It being our first time with IUI and IVF, we obviously were less informed than him. Dr Colver did call us at night with results and check-ups, which we appreciated. We are still searching for answers, and wish he could help us more. He had been great and would recommend him to a friend, I would just inform them that the results can be very negative and Colver wasn't able to solve them... yet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Understand you are one of 500 customers and don't get rushed out of meetings. Take your time and get questions answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr Colver is a genuinely nice man. There are times when we felt like he had been through this a ton of times, and it was our first experience.
Describe the protocols Robert Colver used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
IUI, IVF, negative results both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
When explaining the injection procedures, our nurse ran through them very fast and did not leave great instructions. There was some guessing and hoping when we got home and could not reach them. We felt as if she rushed through some things and did not understand this process was new to us
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Approximately $1500 for IUI and $25,000 for IVF
Describe Robert Colver's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
We were not able to get to that stage... yet.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Dr Will always took time to answer my questions. He was very knowledgeable of my particular situation & I didn’t have to remind him of every detail like other providers I’ve been to in the past...takes extra care during delicate situations. When I had a missed miscarriage he was very kind and acknowledged the disappointment we felt. He called me to make sure I knew what to expect in the coming days. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the office so he set up a phone appointment after I had a local D&C. I really appreciate those small considerations.
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] offers a “package deal” for each cycle. This includes any and all ultrasounds, labs, visits, etc...The Ft Wayne clinic is small and like many offices, the front office staff are not always tuned into your particular medical situation. Sometimes even having to say the words miscarriage is enough to push you right over the edge. They could communicate this better with the whole staff. That being said, the whole staff is always very pleasant and willing to answer any questions along the way.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will takes extra care during delicate situations. When I had a missed miscarriage he was very kind and acknowledged the disappointment we felt. He called me to make sure I knew what to expect in the coming days. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the office so he set up a phone appointment after I had a local D&C. I really appreciate those small considerations.
Make sure to ask questions, even if it seems silly. Dr. Will never makes you feel like it’s a stupid question to be asking.
I have PCOS and we were given the option of IUI or timed intercourse. We were told the overall likelihood of conception is around the same with either. We chose timed intercourse and used letrozole, Follitropin injections, and Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation once my ovarian follicles were large enough. Then we were told to have intercourse over a couple days and 2 weeks later take a home pregnancy test. The next cycle we skipped letrozole and became pregnant.
Nursing staff is very nice at the Ft Wayne location. They seem to pick up on the times when you are having a bad day and just don’t really want to talk about it. They are available through the patient portal and are quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic offers a “package deal” for each cycle. This includes any and all ultrasounds, labs, visits, etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Once or twice the nurse had filled out but did not send my prescription to the pharmacy. A simple phone call corrected the error.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Will] was really great explaining everything to us and making sure we had a full understanding of everything going on. We went to the fort wayne location so we only saw him once per cycle but when we did it was a great experience. He was very nice and blunt in the best kind of way, he made sure we were doing everything we could and would praise us and make a big deal if something went right. He never rushed and we always felt that we had all the time in the world to make sure that we got all of our questions and concerns answered.
They [MW Fert Spec] were overall great. Communication, making sure we understood, leading us to discounts, they were wonderful. The patient portal they have set up is also great, and they always responded in a timely manner....They [nurses] were all wonderful. They explained everything perfectly and were completely understanding considering some went through this themselves.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was really great explaining everything to us and making sure we had a full understanding of everything going on. We went to the fort wayne location so we only saw him once per cycle but when we did it was a great experience. He was very nice and blunt in the best kind of way, he made sure we were doing everything we could and would praise us and make a big deal if something went right. He never rushed and we always felt that we had all the time in the world to make sure that we got all of our questions and concerns answered.
Depending on the location, just be aware you might not see him every visit.
He made sure to explain everything to us and made sure we understood everything going on. The nurses also we fantastic, they really felt for us and alot of them would tell me that they went through all of this themselves. It was all very comforting to hear and for the staff to all be upset along woth us when something didn't go as we hoped.
The first cycle we did was Leteozole for 5mg for cycle day 3-7. I went for an ultrasound and I was not responding to the letrozole. So they upped my dose to 7mg and we tried that the next cycle. There was still no response. The third cycle with him we did follistim 50mg cycle day 7-12 and did letrozole 7mg 3-7. I actually responded and had one follicle 21mm and a smaller one at 16mm. I did IUI on cycle day 15 with a ovidril trigger shot 36 hours prior. We are waiting now to see if it worked or not
They were all wonderful. They explained everything perfectly and were completely understanding considering some went through this themselves. Everytime they would call they would act dissapointing and tell us they hoped they had better news. They listened to us and made sure we felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were overall great. Communication, making sure we understood, leading us to discounts, they were wonderful. The patient portal they have set up is also great, and they always responded in a timely manner. Everyone was kind and caring.
Our first cycle was 1225, our second was 1,835. We had to pay all upfront at the first ultrasound appointment
Carmel

Dr. Reuter called me personally with sensitive test results. She took the time to call after hours to explain the results and what they meant. Dr. Reuter also offered to meet with us at any point to discuss anything in person.... Dr. Reuter suggested a medicated IUI due to my low AMH and my husband's male factor infertility (low motility and morphology). I responded very well to the medication and produced 3 follicles, and had amazing progesterone levels with medication afterwards.
Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] I've interacted with has been very kind and caring. Appointment times/hours aren't always convenient for someone without a very flexible schedule. Be prepared to take time off of work, but that is obviously the nature of needing to see a fertility specialist.... The nurse(s) are kind and welcoming. Sometimes I felt like she assumed I knew everything that was happening or could happen. For example, when I developed a cyst after our medicated IUI I had no idea that could even happen.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter is compassionate with her delivery of news that could be discouraging. She thoroughly explains all options and what her recommendations are based on test results. I appreciated her suggestions for tests to get as much information as possible before making any recommendations for further treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Try and think of as many questions as you can before you go to an appointment with Dr. Reuter. That is your one-on-one time with her, so you want to make the most of your time together. I regret not thinking through more questions before speaking with her. But I do know that she is happy to answer questions that we have, even if it is after speaking with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter called me personally with sensitive test results. She took the time to call after hours to explain the results and what they meant. Dr. Reuter also offered to meet with us at any point to discuss anything in person. I really appreciated her taking time to speak to me personally and allowed time for me to ask questions as well. She really makes herself as available as possible.
Dr. Reuter suggested a medicated IUI due to my low AMH and my husband's male factor infertility (low motility and morphology). I responded very well to the medication and produced 3 follicles, and had amazing progesterone levels with medication afterwards. Unfortunately, the IUI did not result in a pregnancy. I also developed a cyst after that cycle and had to take birth control for 16 days to shrink the cyst. During that time, she recommended that my husband get a sperm DNA fragmentation test. The results of that test would help us determine if another IUI would be worthwhile or not. Unfortunately (again), my husband's sperm DNA fragmentation came back at 38%, which is considered abnormal. Due to this, Dr. Reuter explained that another IUI would not be in our best interest and that she would recommend IVF if we wanted to pursue further treatment. We are currently saving money and taking time to decide if IVF is something we can do or not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
The nurse(s) are kind and welcoming. Sometimes I felt like she assumed I knew everything that was happening or could happen. For example, when I developed a cyst after our medicated IUI I had no idea that could even happen. So when she told me, I was blindsided and felt so devastated (I blame all of the medication for my reaction though!). Over-explaining is never a problem in my opinion, so I would have appreciated a little more explanation to help me understand things better.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Everyone I've interacted with has been very kind and caring. Appointment times/hours aren't always convenient for someone without a very flexible schedule. Be prepared to take time off of work, but that is obviously the nature of needing to see a fertility specialist. Trying to grow your family is more important than work! There were some issues with paperwork and receiving my husband's test results in the beginning. We finally got it figured out, but it was unfortunate that it wasn't taken care of from the start.
Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't have fertility coverage. After an HSG, several semen analyses, ultrasounds, blood work, medication, and one IUI, we have probably spent around $5,000 so far.

2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I was in an Attain program [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.... Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was.
2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr colver is very professional and knowledgeable. He is very patient and has had tons of success rates, that’s why I went to him. But with the results of not having any embryos available to be frozen the first retrieval was quite frustrating. We did use frozen sperm (from a post-vasectomy from 15 years ago), which dr colver said he thought was the problem. Then, three months later having only one embryo make it to a 5 day blast (that was pgs tested normal) was another obstacle but I was hopeful. Dr colver said this was normal. Since we only had one pgs tested embabie, we decided to do an ERA test which resulted in being “off” by 12 hours, so I am glad we did it. Next month came our transfer. It did not stick. I was devastated. I came to his office with a whole list of questions and all he really said was this happens. I asked to change the protocol but he said we are getting good results (14 and 15 eggs) from the retrieval. He said to start taking vitamins and lose weight. During this appointment, he actually told me that my eggs were “poor quality” which I was shocked because I was never told this during the incubation period between retrieval and knowing if we had a blasts. I asked what I can do (if any) and then is when he gave me a list of vitamins to take. We only have three “chances”/retrievals and we will be done. We have one more. I am praying this one is different and will work. I don’t see myself without having children. It is overwhelming to think about it.
Ask tons of questions. Advocate for yourself.
He called from his personal cell phone and checked on me every surgery and after transfer (including when we did not get a positive test).
I don’t have the information with me. I know both retrievals had menopur, gonal f, cetrotide involved. The second round he prescribed more of one medication but I don’t know which one.
Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was. The only thing was getting back to me on questions I asked the doctor. This happened maybe three or four times that I had to call her to get the answer instead of her calling me back. She would definitely call me for important information, though. It was more just questions I had for dr colver.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths-personable, knowledgeable Weakness-not explaining what is next and not knowing my different options for paying. I asked tons of questions because I had no idea what to expect for the next thing I was supposed to do.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Mine were always in the mornings which worked for me and my job.
I was in an Attain program. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.
He said it was up to us; however, unfortunately we only had one to transfer
Carmel

Since I had switched to Dr. Bopp after two failed IUIs, we decided with my age to go straight to IVF. He is very open and honest about options and supportive in our decisions. He gives us all of the information we need to make the best decision for us. ... I am very confident in his expertise. He is always extremely positive and he just sets me at ease when he is in the room and explaining things and doing procedures. He is very easy to talk to.
With Midwest Fertility, they work with my schedule and not just push things back because it is inconvenient for them. Every staff member has been outstanding to work with. It is a very efficient office and I am not there very long for my appointments. In addition, I get lab/ultrasound results back fairly quickly. ... Where do I start with my compliments of my nurse. She is ALWAYS there for me and is just amazing.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is an amazing doctor. I actually switched to him based off of recommendations from my coworkers, who both have had success with him. I am very confident in his expertise. He is always extremely positive and he just sets me at ease when he is in the room and explaining things and doing procedures. He is very easy to talk to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
You won't find a more personable professional fertility doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
They really care about me there. I can email at any time and know I am going to get a quick response. I feel very comfortable with this doctor and his team. They understand the range of emotions that a women goes through, throughout this process.
Describe the protocols Bradford Bopp used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Since I had switched to Dr. Bopp after two failed IUIs, we decided with my age to go straight to IVF. He is very open and honest about options and supportive in our decisions. He gives us all of the information we need to make the best decision for us. We are currently going through our first round of IVF. We used ICSI with our retrieval. From 15 eggs, 11 mature, 7 fertilized and 2 made it to day 5. We used PGS for both of those embryos and they both came back normal. We have done a mock trial to make sure that the window of implantation is receptive. I just started my first FET month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
Where do I start with my compliments of my nurse. She is ALWAYS there for me and is just amazing. She is very compassionate with the entire process. She always asks me how I am doing. She is very knowledgeable and explains things easily.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I was amazed at the difference when I switched to this office. They make themselves way more available than my other doctor office. For example, with the other office I always felt like I was on their time and not my cycle time. With Midwest Fertility, they work with my schedule and not just push things back because it is inconvenient for them. Every staff member has been outstanding to work with. It is a very efficient office and I am not there very long for my appointments. In addition, I get lab/ultrasound results back fairly quickly.
My appointments are very easy and quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
We qualified for the ARC fertility program. We personally chose the option where we could do 3 IVF cycles with ICSI for $35, 500 (100% refund option). Then in addition we had to pay for medications, genetic testing, and testing of endometrium for receptivity. That all equaled around 7000 (but this fluctuates each cycle).
Describe Bradford Bopp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
When we first discussed this topic here was our doctor's thoughts. He said it is medically recommended to do a single embryo transfer due to the health risks of multiple pregnancies. In addition, because we were doing to do PGS testing and if we put in two embryos that came back normal, would increase our odds greatly of having multiples. He did say that if we had failed transfers and it was going to be our last try, then he would consider putting in more than one embryo.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I am happy to have Dr. Will as my Doctor. Her caring demeanor and ability to make a solid plan was really helpful. ... I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and a medium sized endometrioma in my left ovary. For my IUI I took Letrozole for days 3 -7 of my cycle, injectible Gonal-F (50) for 3 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI until my pregnancy test.
The only thing I have not liked about this clinic [is the business office. I have felt somewhat rushed and like things were not fully explained in this area. When treatments are so expensive I need to be prepared for what's coming next. Communication could be improved in this area. ... Sometimes you have to call to get results, but other than that they have been very good!
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I am happy to have Dr. Will as my Doctor. Her caring demeanor and ability to make a solid plan was really helpful. I saw her once for my initial appointment, again for an ultrasound and SIS procedure, and last for another consultation after our first IUI failed. The IUI was performed by a RN. I was surprised by this, but other than that have not had any surprises or negative impressions from this Doctor.
She is a caring and thoughtful Doctor. I trust her and have enjoyed having her as my Doctor.
When talking with Dr. Will, I felt that she was truly listening. She did not try to rush through the appointment, and demonstrated a lot of care and empathy. I felt that she truly cared about my situation and valued my experience as a patient.
I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and a medium sized endometrioma in my left ovary. For my IUI I took Letrozole for days 3 -7 of my cycle, injectible Gonal-F (50) for 3 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI until my pregnancy test. This protocol produced one large and two medium sized follicles, but no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The only thing I have not liked about this clinic is the business office. I have felt somewhat rushed and like things were not fully explained in this area. When treatments are so expensive I need to be prepared for what's coming next. Communication could be improved in this area.
My IUI cycle cost $1750.00. This does not include medication which was approximately $750.00 more.
I have not gone this far in treatment yet.
Erica Anspach Will

2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Strengths- He [Dr. Colver] is very compassionate and personal with excellent bedside manner. Weakness- we didn’t get to see him besides during initial consult and procedures. He was out of town a lot, and had to see one of his colleagues and 3 separate occasions ( for endo biopsy, ultrasound and consult for an ectopic pregnancy, and performed my D&C). Although Dr. Colver did call with important results, most of the meetings/appts and calls were from the IVF nurse.
Strengths- staff [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are very kind and efficient. Most remember me and ask how I am doing. Weaknesses- hours are limited, and difficult to call in and get a response by the end of the day. Ie phones shut off at 9:30am on weekends which seemed to be when I would always have questions.... [Cost Of Treatment] Fully out of pocket. Roughly $1000 per IUI, and $18 for IVF (including egg retrieval, transfer, and meds).
2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Strengths- He is very compassionate and personal with excellent bedside manner. Weakness- we didn’t get to see him besides during initial consult and procedures. He was out of town a lot, and had to see one of his colleagues and 3 separate occasions ( for endo biopsy, ultrasound and consult for an ectopic pregnancy, and performed my D&C). Although Dr. Colver did call with important results, most of the meetings/appts and calls were from the IVF nurse.
Know what questions to ask to get direct answers.
Showed great compassion and grief after negative results. Excellent bedside manner.
I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. Both myself and husband had normal testing. So our IVF protocol was pretty basics. After egg retrieval it was clear that I had poor egg quality. Dr. Colver explained I had “soft eggs” which made them difficult to fertilize and create more blastocysts.
She was kind. In my opinion, didn’t know the answers to the majority of my questions. But almost always would ask Dr. Colver on my behalf and get back to me.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths- staff are very kind and efficient. Most remember me and ask how I am doing. Weaknesses- hours are limited, and difficult to call in and get a response by the end of the day. Ie phones shut off at 9:30am on weekends which seemed to be when I would always have questions.
We only had one to transfer. But going into IVF, he consulted us that he would only transfer one embryo because of PGS testing.
Carmel

I’ve only met with him [Dr. Bopp] once and have had two failed IUI cycles ... I had to request a follow up consult after the second failed IUI. Best in class to me would have been the doctor calling me and requesting a consult. ... He also does not specialize in male factor fertility. So he referred us to a specialist (a urologist). It took months to get into to see him and all they did was order a quick blood draw. I feel as if Dr Bopp could have ordered this 6 months ago for us.
I called on a Friday and was seen on the following Tuesday. Overall I’ve liked Midwest Fertility but I felt incredibly unprepared for the period after a medicated cycle. There was no warning of how it would be different from the staff. ... They accommodate a busy work schedule. They call with lab results often same day. But they didn’t run routine labs on male hormones, only did a semen analysis. The male hormones were done by a urologist in another practice.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I’ve only met with him once and have had two failed IUI cycles with this clinic. I had to request a follow up consult after the second failed IUI. Best in class to me would have been the doctor calling me and requesting a consult.
Call -they’ll get you in quickly.
We naturally conceived our now 23 month old after 8 cycles of trying. Based on this he recommended IUI but didn’t share full details of success rates. He also does not specialize in male factor fertility. So he referred us to a specialist (a urologist). It took months to get into to see him and all they did was order a quick blood draw. I feel as if Dr Bopp could have ordered this 6 months ago for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My nurse was my main point of contact and performed both IUIs. She was great but again I wasn’t prepared for a menstration after a medicated cycle. Of course you’re hopeful after treatment but I would have preferred to be made aware VS being surprised. (Super heavy and clots)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
We got in super quick which was great. They accommodate a busy work schedule. They call with lab results often same day. But they didn’t run routine labs on male hormones, only did a semen analysis. The male hormones were done by a urologist in another practice.
We paid for the IUI out of pocket and all in it was $1200 a cycle.
Carmel

Dr. Colver has been great. This is my third IUI cycle, and I’m in the TWW (two week wait) right now. He was very straightforward at my consultation, but he also restored my hope. I left his office with high confidence and faith that I’d get pregnant...The insemination wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared it would feel like my HSG did, but it definitely didn’t...started me on Clomid 50mg CD3-CD7. I responded great, but the side effects caused mood swings and weight gain.
Strengths [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did...The staff are very warm and friendly. They make small talk, and during my ultrasounds they always explained what they were doing. My nurse, Shelley, has been amazing. She always returns my calls and addresses any concerns I have.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Ask as many questions as possible. Be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster you’re about to embark on. Invest in yoga pants because damn that bloat from the hormonal medicines! Midwest Fertility has been amazing dealing with my hormonal, psychotic self coming in for bloodwork and IUI procedures.
Dr Colver started me on Clomid 50mg CD3-CD7. I responded great, but the side effects caused mood swings and weight gain. I also had to give myself the trigger shot in my stomach to force ovulation around CD14. I never had a difficult time with it, but I guess that depends on how you handle needles. My husband would go use the boom boom room at the clinic a day later, and I’d go in an hour after he left to be inseminated. They always gave me his count and motility which is great to know (and apparently good for hub’s ego, he gets excited when his numbers are high). The insemination wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared it would feel like my HSG did, but it definitely didn’t. The nurse would always explain to me what she was doing so I wouldn't be left wondering what was happening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelley)
My first IUI cycle the Clomid medicine and Ovidrel trigger shot made me emotional. When I felt AF coming on I became so depressed and upset. I called my nurse to ask a few questions as to what could’ve gone wrong with this cycle and why it failed. I was literally mid-sentence talking to my nurse over the phone when I started crying. She calmed me down and comforted me. I felt so embarrassed afterwords and still do, but it was amazing that she took time to calm me down and make me feel better.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did.
My insurance covered 90% of the procedures. My husband’s sperm wash was $250 each cycle which we paid ourselves because my insurance wouldn’t cover that part.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Bopp makes me feel like he actually cares about me and my desire for a family. He takes my thoughts into consideration when discussing treatment. I feel like he treats me as he would treat his own daughter...We started with a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy because of known endometriosis and polyps. After that, we did two rounds of clomid with timed intercourse, due to PCOS and no male fertility issues. Those rounds were unsuccessful. This month I am doing injections with IUI.
I had an ultrasound scheduled for the wrong month [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], a mistake made on their part. When I showed up for my appointment, they still got me in right away. They have also tried to bill me for things that would be covered under my insurance. I corrected them, and it was taken care of...everyone is very kind and they are quick to get you scheduled and in to see the doctor. I never have to wait long. I feel very comfortable there.
Endometriosis, PCOS
None. He is wonderful!
Dr Bopp has been so kind and caring. Every time I see him, he remembers what was going on in my life the last time I saw him, and asks about it. When I sit down for an appointment with him, it feels like I’m talking with a friend. He prays with me, every time I see him. He is wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
Alison is very quick at getting back to me to answer questions. She is very kind and informative.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The front office staff sometimes messes up billing/scheduling. Make sure you stay on top of them and keep good records. However, everyone is very kind and they are quick to get you scheduled and in to see the doctor. I never have to wait long. I feel very comfortable there.
I have paid around $350 for each ultrasound. $100 for each lab draw. Consult visits are $125. He will code as much as possible, so that it will be covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I had an ultrasound scheduled for the wrong month, a mistake made on their part. When I showed up for my appointment, they still got me in right away. They have also tried to bill me for things that would be covered under my insurance. I corrected them, and it was taken care of.

2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Bopp is in the right field. He never hurried me through an appointment and each time I miscarried (3) he called to tell me how sorry he was even on the weekend! He performed two surgeries (outside of fertility treatments) and his bedside manner was excellent! He always made my husband feel the same way too...like he truly mattered! He made adjustments to my treatment when my body couldn't handle some of the medications and encouraged me throughout each cycle!
The nursing staff [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit... Well, fertility treatments are expensive but we were able to opt into a program where we paid everything up front so I wasn't worrying about paying it as we went along.... The clinic became like a second family to us! They are excellent at their jobs. The waiting room is inviting and there is always coffee or water. They are efficient, but still make you feel like you matter when you walk through the doors.
2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He truly cares and has the best bedside manner that I have ever seen from a doctor. He goes above and beyond!
Dr. Bopp called me personally, on a holiday weekend, when I miscarried. He encouraged me throughout my treatments and when my triplets were born he called and wanted to know how they were doing. He has a beside manner like no other doctor I have ever met!
After five IUI's and seven IVF cycles (fresh & frozen transfers) I don't remember the dosages. They were adjusted throughout each cycle as needed based off of my bodies reaction.
The nursing staff were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were usually scheduled for in the morning so they could go over the results with the doctor and make any changes prior to the end of the day.
Carmel

My first consultation after my HSG, she [Dr. Laura Reuter] jumped right into IUI with Clomid and trigger injection, which surprised me because I was almost mid cycle, but she went for it. My 2nd IUI she changed my meds to let letrozole, gonal f and trigger- my estrogen was a little lower with letrozole, but she proceeded with IUI because numbers still looked good. My final round she decided to do gonal f and trigger- which resulted in me becoming pregnant!
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My very first IUI she did the procedure and made me feel at ease! She was very good with her communication style and put any worries I had away! She was quick to ensure I had all my questions answered and explain the procedures!
While she doesn’t see you every single visit (as you come in quite a few times) she is always there when you need her! It’s so nice to know you have someone who has your back.
From the very beginning Dr Reuter was determined to ensure I got pregnant, all my tests and everything were good, but I was getting frustrated I was getting pregnant. She kept changing my meds until i finally got my positive test on my 3rd IUI! She was very excited for me, and was in the ultrasound room when I got to see my baby for the first time! It was very heartwarming to have her in there.
My first consultation after my HSG, she jumped right into IUI with Clomid and trigger injection, which surprised me because I was almost mid cycle, but she went for it. My 2nd IUI she changed my meds to let letrozole, gonal f and trigger- my estrogen was a little lower with letrozole, but she proceeded with IUI because numbers still looked good. My final round she decided to do gonal f and trigger- which resulted in me becoming pregnant!
You speak to the nursing staff quite often throughout treatments, they are very knowledgeable and know Dr Reuter very well and can almost anticipate her next move. They are very compassionate, and genuinely excited when I found out I was pregnant!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
My health insurance luckily paid for the majority of it since I had not hit my out of pocket yet, so they paid about $2500 for three IUI’s, testing and meds
Describe Laura Reuter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I did not have to have this done

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Reuter is fantastic, very enthusiastic yet extremely realistic. Always shared her "recommendation" but allowed us to chose our path....She always answered all of my questions thoroughly, I never felt rushed. Often times when we met, she would answer all of our questions we had written down, before we even asked them!... After failures ( IUI, egg retrieval etc), Dr. Reuter had fresh ideas, she always adjusted things, we never felt like we were doing the same thing twice. She even solicited/ referred my husband to urology.
It [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile... I was always able to speak to my nurse, when I did not reach her right away, I knew she would call back by the end of the day.
European, Latino
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter always showed compassion and empathy. Whenever we spoke on the phone, she would say "sorry" when we had bad news,and would be happy along side us when we finally had better news. She always answered all of my questions thoroughly, I never felt rushed. Often times when we met, she would answer all of our questions we had written down, before we even asked them! She always exuded confidence, which something that is so necessary in this unknown infertility roller coaster.
Be ready with questions, she will be ready with answers! She is very personable, so if something does not seem right or you have more questions, do not be afraid to ask.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile ( office staff is very friendly).
Facility fee is separate. Payments were due on the first scan day (IVF cycles). When paying out of pocket for meds, they suggested cheaper pharmacies/ options.
Dr. Reuter always had MY health at the forefront. If she did not feel something would be "safe" for ME, despite our dreams of being parents, she did not do it.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially.... Dr Will continued my previous treatment dose of letrozole because I was responding to it. However he added Gonal F to be a little more aggressive. Had the option of IUI but chose to do timed intercourse with trigger to save some money knowing that we had healthy sperm.
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received.... The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month. He definitely allows the patient to guide the cycle while being open and honest about his recommendations.
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month.
Dr Will continued my previous treatment dose of letrozole because I was responding to it. However he added Gonal F to be a little more aggressive. Had the option of IUI but chose to do timed intercourse with trigger to save some money knowing that we had healthy sperm. If this cycle is not successful, our plan is to do an HSG to check for fallopian tube blockage. If there is major blockage, IVF may be our route.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received. However supposedly if you don’t choose to do the package at the beginning, you could end up paying more than the package price.
The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355. Estradiol level is $98. Initial consult was ~$200. Injectable meds were ~$300.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I’m very happy with this clinic so far. The nurse didn’t call in a prescription once. I realized it after hours and could have paged the doctor on call, but I had some pills left from a previous cycle/clinic so I just took those. Later, I called the nurse to remind her to call in the script. It was no big deal.
Carmel

Dr. Rueter was very kind during every step. She explained all the choices we had during our first meeting, and then accepted our choices for what direction we wanted to take. We have had early complications during our 2 positive IVF cycles. Dr. Rueter was very compassionate and willing to do anything that she thought would put me to ease and help us with our chances of a successful pregnancy.
Most times, I was in and out of the clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] promptly...I always had plenty of time with the Shelly [nurse]. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX...Due to specific male factors, we knew we would have to either use IUI or IVF. The chances with IVF were higher, and we went with this course of action. Dr. Reuter was a little surprised I think, but supportive. 8 eggs retrieved, 6 progressed to 5 day maturity, 2 came back with chromosomal abnormality meaning we had 4 for implantation. First implant was unsuccessful. Next 2 implants resulted in pregnancy. Each time only 1 embryo implanted.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter explained everything (other than the medication; that information was explained by the nurse). I truly felt like she cared about our outcomes, my feelings, and everything in between. She told it to us "straight up", but with as much love as possible.
The egg retrieval will be more painful than you expect. You are under sedation when it takes place, but I was not aware that I would be sore/ in pain the next day.
I always had plenty of time with the Shelly. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
With fertility treatments, everything can change in a day. Most times, I was in and out of the clinic promptly. Sometimes a lot of people would end up needing to come in on a Monday, schedule any visits you can on a non-Monday. You should be aware that you will be there for an hour each time; usually because you will have blood drawn, an ultrasound, and a consultation. I feel like for all 3 of these things to get accomplished within an hour is good timing for any doctors office.
Our insurance covered most of the charges. We did have co-pays for visits and medication. Some medication was hard to obtain (due to our insurance) and we paid out of pocket. Even with coverage, we still paid over $2000 for each IVF cycle/implant.
Since we did PGS testing, the clinic / Dr policy is to only do eSET. We ha no issue with this.

2013 - 2018
Dr Colver was really invested in helping my husband and myself achieve a pregnancy. We conceived our daughter on our first IUI. We've been trying to conceive a second child and done three IUIs with no successful pregnancy yet. Dr Colver was happy to send us on to another clinic that had a lower cost IVF. Even though he would no longer be following our care, he wanted us to get pregnant regardless of it was under his care or not.
This clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver has a wonderful bedside manner. I will say I felt like I really had to stay on top of my treatment details, but I think a large culprit of that was that I was treated at my local obgyn office for ultrasounds as well so information was filtered to his office. Dr Colver's biggest goal was to get me pregnant whether that was with his practice or somewhere else. That says a lot about a doctor and his goals for his patients vs. just treating everyone as a number.
Be on top of your treatment details. Keep a datebook of protocol/treatment. Ask questions if you don't understand something.
Dr. Colver used a combination cycle of 7.5 mg femara and 112.5-187.5 Gonal F for 4-7 days for my IUI cycles. This protocol worked for our doctor so we continued it trying for our second child. His rationale was it worked previously and I was consistently producing 1-3 mature follicles so we continued. The first two IUIs I had a chemical pregnancy. The third IUI cycle I actually started ovulating on my own so we had to do an emergency IUI 1-2 days earlier than expected. I truly believe I would have gotten pregnant had a been given medicine to prevent early ovulation. It may have also allowed me to produce more eggs. Because of my PCOS diagnosis, I may have several eggs that aren't truly healthy so producing a few more eggs wasn't off a big concern to me as I've always product several and only had a Singleton tegnwncy carry to term.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Papps)
The nurses truly cared for their patients in my experience. I will say sometimes it took quite a while to get an answer back if you left a message. But when you called they always followed up and f they didn't know the answer they asked the doctor. Sherri really cared about the success of her patient's cycles.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
I believe bloodwork to test my estrodial number was approximately $200 and my IUI procedure was $500.
Not applicable as I had IUI cycles

2013 - 2018
Dr.Will is so genuine in how he cares for you, from the delivery of the news that IVF was our only option, throughout the entire process. So much we were so sad we wanted to stay under his care through delivery. We have developed such a positive doctor patient relationship with him. He explains each step so you can understand and always makes us feel comfortable to ask any question.... My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.... Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Being dealt the cards that IVF was our only option to conceive was heart breaking, earth shattering, you name it we felt it! I could not have imagined going through this process with any other doctor. We are so grateful to have been matched up with Dr.Will. He is everything and more you would ask in a fertility doctor. He is compassionate, empathetic, and is so wonderful at communicating. Our first IVF wasn’t the easiest road after we were pregnant, as we had a lot of scares and each time we came in you felt his genuine care to make sure we and the baby were okay. Words aren’t enough to explain how wonderful Dr.Will is as a person and as a doctor.
That you couldn’t be in better hands and to not be afraid to ask any question even if you feel it’s a crazy question. Dr.Will will always make you feel comfortable.
My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF. We had done all the pre testing including the dye in my Fallopian tubes and thankfully everything looked good on my end. We had daily injections leading up to the egg retrieval. Then went into a fresh transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and thankfully one attached. During the pregnancy I was overstimulated to the point my stomach was distended and I was collecting liquid. I had to be sent to have a procedure done to release the liquids. I also became dehydrated and had to be put on an IV of fluids, but thankfully that was also the day we found out we were pregnant. So it made that not feeling so well feel amazing! I also had unexplained bleeding throughout my first trimester so I was on close watch throughout with ultrasounds and as a result Dr.Will kept me on longer as a patient before turning me over to my OBGYN, which we greatly appreciated. We felt so cared for that it felt like a family member taking care of us versus a doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly and restored my confidence in how I was feeling. She was wonderful. My nurse this second round is Emily and she’s wonderful as well. They have a great team and Midwest Fertikity.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.
First round about $15,000 this round about $21,000
No comments. I trust Dr.Will’s recommendations and follow them.

2013 - 2018
She's [Dr. Laura Reuter] highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. ... Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that.
It's a nice office [MW Fertility Specialists]. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here... I'm not a fan of nurse Shelly. She's impatient, kind of cold, and hard to talk to. She does make me feel rushed when I see her and I don't like that. But she follows Dr. Reuter's directives so I go with her when I have appointments.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She's highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing! Now the cons. Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that. I was surprised to find out I have PCOS as I try for my second child. If I'd known that I would've modified my diet, tried different supplements, and otherwise try to minimize the effects of PCOS on my own. Another thing is she's kind of a fat-shamer. She always comments on my weight while I'm there and while I understand obesity impairs fertility I never get any advice other than "eat less." I'm obese, so clearly I'm aware it's a problem. I'd rather leave weight conversations to my PCP. Last con: she's very conservative with treatments. Again, I understand, the risks of multiples is high. But I wish she'd be more okay with twins if they happened. I don't particularly want to experience a multiples pregnancy but I wouldn't avoid doing an IUI with 3 or 4 follicles because of that concern.
Make sure you come with your questions. She will listen to your concerns and will address everything you ask. Just make sure you're prepared so you can take full advantage of the appointment.
She always takes time to answer my questions, which I really appreciate. She makes sure I understand what's going on before our appointment is over. I like that she doesn't make me feel rushed. She also asks about my son, who I conceived under her care, and I like that she remembers.
I did 3 cycles with Clomid to start. They yielded 2-3 good-sized follicles with each cycle so I understand why she wanted to keep trying. Statistically you're likely to get pregnant in the first 3 IUI cycles without further intervention if you're relatively young and healthy. I didn't get pregnant, so she did an HSG to see if I had any tube blockages and the ramped up the medication to Femara + FSH. I didn't respond to Femara well and only had 1 follicle. That cycle failed. I did one more IUI with all FSH and that resulted in 2 large follicles (1 20 mm, 1 22 mm) and I got pregnant. I'm trying the same protocol again this month and hope it works!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It's a nice office. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here.
$800-ish for an oral-medications cycle, $1500 for a FSH cycle.
If I were older and only had one shot to get it right, I'd be okay with eSET. But at age 35, if I had to do IVF I would transfer 2 embryos. The likelihood of both implanting isn't that great and I would rather risk twins than not have the procedure work at all. She said there's a 75% chance of getting pregnant with eSET but it's also prohibitively expensive for those not covered by insurance.
Carmel

I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. ... I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos.... He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
Everyone at the clinic is friendly, helpful and generally nice! They are always willing to help get you on the schedule and comfort you if something is wrong. I have yet to meet someone there that I was not greeted with a smiling face and a warm heart.... Cheryl was a great nurse. Very organized, helpful and even let me come in and get my progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. Emily is a great nurse as well. She is kind, helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She always calls to give me answers to questions I have and help me find the best solution to medicine that I am taking.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. He explained everything that he was going to try to do and how each step would look. He is extremely caring, helpful, understanding and compassionate. I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos. They both stuck...amazing! Around 9 weeks, we found out that one of the embryos did not make it. Dr. Will was there the whole time during my ultrasound, holding my hand while I cried and comforting me and explaining to me what he thought had happened. After leaving, I felt a lot more at ease knowing what was going on and that he was going to monitor me extra to make sure the other baby would be safe. Now we have a little boy who we love dearly. He truly is an amazing man who cares deeply for each patient he sees and LOVES what he does!
Be yourself, tell him your fears and ask questions. He will always be there to answer them.
Dr. Will is an amazing doctor. He is very considerate, helpful, and willing to sit and chat about treatments and options. He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
We did 3 IUI's that did not work. We moved onto IVF and used Follistim, Menopur, estrogen and progestrone. I don't remember the dosage though. We got 27 eggs, 22 matured, 11 fertilized and 5 made it to blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos on our fresh cycle. They both stuck and had heartbeats. Around 9 weeks, we lost 1 of the babies. We waited a year and a half and did a frozen transfer. This time, we only transferred 1 embryo. It did not stick. I was on 2 mg of estrogen 3x a day from day 2 of my period. On day 14 of my cycle, I started progesterone. (1.5 ml a day) I also had to take Doxycycline and Methylprednisolone 4 days before my transfer. (2x a day) We are going to do a mock cycle this time around to make sure that my endometrium is good and the right time for implantation. After that, we will try for another FET with just 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and now it is Emily)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My insurance did cover some monitoring appts but other than that we paid out of pocket. It was around $10,000 for IVF plus my medicine which was probably around $4500. We also paid for some appts after I got pregnant which I can't remember what that came out to be. We paid around $2000 for our FET plus medicine (which was minimal...around $250) but it didn't work.
The first time we did IVF (fresh cycle), Dr. Will was ok with me doing 2 embryos. Our frozen cycle, he told me it was always up to me but he preferred I did only 1 embryo because of my age, my previous pregnancy and just the overall health benefits for me.
Carmel

Dr. Will has been fantastic throughout the process. He's gone above and beyond what most doctors would do in terms of customer service. He spends as much time as it takes to answer all our questions without rushing us and he has even personally made calls to third-parties on our behalf to make things happen quickly....as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around.
The clinic [MW Fert Spec] is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long....The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online... We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
While we haven't had the results we hoped for yet, Dr. Will has been candid but caring throughout the process. He makes you feel like he is invested in our goal and genuinely cares. His customer service exceeds expectations and is dedicated to making sure all our questions and concerns are addressed.
I don't recall the specific drugs/dosages, but as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around. He was very thorough.
My wife dealt with Emily the most, but she always felt informed and reassured after speaking with her.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long. While inconvenient, this is understandable given the staff's dedication to answering all questions until the patient is fully informed without rushing them out the door. Moreover, scheduling for them has to be difficult given the fact that with these kinds of treatments, patients are required to call in for a next day appointment all the time due to cycles and timing.
The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online (around $600 vs $800). IVF is obviously expensive, but the clinic's costs weren't out of whack with what we expected after researching online. We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.