Genetic counseling: Offered
260-490-3456
395 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
317-571-1637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Fertility Specialists to a friend?

2016 - 2019
Everyone at MFS is very nice, attentive, and helpful. The only weakness i would say that they have is that sometimes if you have to have an appointment on the weekend, the staff seems a little bit more unorganized and uninformed.... Shelly has been wonderful. She is very patient and understanding. She has answered my questions and gone over the medications and procedures. She always returns my phone calls within that business day.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly )
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She is very proactive and up front with you. If for some reason she doesn’t think you’re going to get the outcome you’re hoping for she’ll tell you and make another plan. I feel that she explains things well and will answer all questions. She has always been available to me for a telephone consultation when I’ve needed it, as her office is about an hour drive from where I live.
Describe the protocols Laura Reuter used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We began with Letrozol, and on the morning of our first scheduled IUI we had to cancel because my husband’s sperm count came back to low. Dr. Reuter set up an appointment with a specialist for my husband. After we got his issues squared away, we went back to the letrozol, unfortunately after 3 attempts Dr. Reuter discovered that i was ovulating prematurely and we kept missing the window for the iui. She called after the 3rd cancellation and suggested that we switch to an injectable. We have now made it through two IUIs. If this last one doesn’t take we are scheduled for another consultation and a change of plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility attempted to bill my insurance, but since I don’t have coverage for fertility treatments, they have two options, you can pay as you go or purchase an all inclusive package deal.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I was in an Attain program [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.... Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was.
2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths-personable, knowledgeable Weakness-not explaining what is next and not knowing my different options for paying. I asked tons of questions because I had no idea what to expect for the next thing I was supposed to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He called from his personal cell phone and checked on me every surgery and after transfer (including when we did not get a positive test).
Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was. The only thing was getting back to me on questions I asked the doctor. This happened maybe three or four times that I had to call her to get the answer instead of her calling me back. She would definitely call me for important information, though. It was more just questions I had for dr colver.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr colver is very professional and knowledgeable. He is very patient and has had tons of success rates, that’s why I went to him. But with the results of not having any embryos available to be frozen the first retrieval was quite frustrating. We did use frozen sperm (from a post-vasectomy from 15 years ago), which dr colver said he thought was the problem. Then, three months later having only one embryo make it to a 5 day blast (that was pgs tested normal) was another obstacle but I was hopeful. Dr colver said this was normal. Since we only had one pgs tested embabie, we decided to do an ERA test which resulted in being “off” by 12 hours, so I am glad we did it. Next month came our transfer. It did not stick. I was devastated. I came to his office with a whole list of questions and all he really said was this happens. I asked to change the protocol but he said we are getting good results (14 and 15 eggs) from the retrieval. He said to start taking vitamins and lose weight. During this appointment, he actually told me that my eggs were “poor quality” which I was shocked because I was never told this during the incubation period between retrieval and knowing if we had a blasts. I asked what I can do (if any) and then is when he gave me a list of vitamins to take. We only have three “chances”/retrievals and we will be done. We have one more. I am praying this one is different and will work. I don’t see myself without having children. It is overwhelming to think about it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Ask tons of questions. Advocate for yourself.
Describe the protocols Robert Colver used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I don’t have the information with me. I know both retrievals had menopur, gonal f, cetrotide involved. The second round he prescribed more of one medication but I don’t know which one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Mine were always in the mornings which worked for me and my job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I was in an Attain program. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.
Describe Robert Colver's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
He said it was up to us; however, unfortunately we only had one to transfer
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Midwest has such a warm and encouraging feel as soon as you walk in. I was able to complete all my patient paperwork online which was extremely convenient. When you make your first appointment ask for the best day for you and they will try to make it work. All the office staff has been very helpful and encouraging each time we’ve visited... The IVF cost was more affordable with Dr Bopp than other clinics we’ve been too previously. They also offer payment plans if you cannot afford to pay all at once. They also try to get as much covered by insurance as possible.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
During our consultation Dr Bopp spent 10-15 minutes asking about ourselves and them told us some fun facts about himself before diving into our fertility journey. It was such a breath of fresh air to have a doctor who actually wanted to get to know us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
She made sure I knew who and when to call to get things started and has been extremely helpful in answering any questions we have.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Since we’re still receiving treatment I’ll elaborate on our experience thus far. Each visit has gone exactly as expected, Dr Bopp has seen us each time we’ve gone in. He’s been clear, concise, and friendly the whole time. During my SIS test he was constantly checking on me to make sure I wasn’t in pain or uncomfortable. He was very clear about what he saw on the screen and was very thorough. He made me feel like a person not just some patient he wanted in and out of the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Go in with an open mind and ask any questions you may have, even if you think it’s a stupid one. Dr Bopp makes sure any and all questions are answered and makes sure you know exactly what’s going on during your treatment.
Describe the protocols Bradford Bopp used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We’re are preparing to have our first cycle of IVF. He’s been thorough about blood work, schedules, and tests. He wants to make sure he has all the information possible before beginning treatment. Since we’re just starting I don’t have much more experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Noblesville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Strengths [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did...The staff are very warm and friendly. They make small talk, and during my ultrasounds they always explained what they were doing. My nurse, Shelley, has been amazing. She always returns my calls and addresses any concerns I have.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelley)
My first IUI cycle the Clomid medicine and Ovidrel trigger shot made me emotional. When I felt AF coming on I became so depressed and upset. I called my nurse to ask a few questions as to what could’ve gone wrong with this cycle and why it failed. I was literally mid-sentence talking to my nurse over the phone when I started crying. She calmed me down and comforted me. I felt so embarrassed afterwords and still do, but it was amazing that she took time to calm me down and make me feel better.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver has been great. This is my third IUI cycle, and I’m in the TWW (two week wait) right now. He was very straightforward at my consultation, but he also restored my hope. I left his office with high confidence and faith that I’d get pregnant.
Ask as many questions as possible. Be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster you’re about to embark on. Invest in yoga pants because damn that bloat from the hormonal medicines! Midwest Fertility has been amazing dealing with my hormonal, psychotic self coming in for bloodwork and IUI procedures.
Dr Colver started me on Clomid 50mg CD3-CD7. I responded great, but the side effects caused mood swings and weight gain. I also had to give myself the trigger shot in my stomach to force ovulation around CD14. I never had a difficult time with it, but I guess that depends on how you handle needles. My husband would go use the boom boom room at the clinic a day later, and I’d go in an hour after he left to be inseminated. They always gave me his count and motility which is great to know (and apparently good for hub’s ego, he gets excited when his numbers are high). The insemination wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared it would feel like my HSG did, but it definitely didn’t. The nurse would always explain to me what she was doing so I wouldn't be left wondering what was happening.
My insurance covered 90% of the procedures. My husband’s sperm wash was $250 each cycle which we paid ourselves because my insurance wouldn’t cover that part.

2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit... Well, fertility treatments are expensive but we were able to opt into a program where we paid everything up front so I wasn't worrying about paying it as we went along.... The clinic became like a second family to us! They are excellent at their jobs. The waiting room is inviting and there is always coffee or water. They are efficient, but still make you feel like you matter when you walk through the doors.
2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Bopp called me personally, on a holiday weekend, when I miscarried. He encouraged me throughout my treatments and when my triplets were born he called and wanted to know how they were doing. He has a beside manner like no other doctor I have ever met!
The nursing staff were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is in the right field. He never hurried me through an appointment and each time I miscarried (3) he called to tell me how sorry he was even on the weekend! He performed two surgeries (outside of fertility treatments) and his bedside manner was excellent! He always made my husband feel the same way too...like he truly mattered! He made adjustments to my treatment when my body couldn't handle some of the medications and encouraged me throughout each cycle!
He truly cares and has the best bedside manner that I have ever seen from a doctor. He goes above and beyond!
After five IUI's and seven IVF cycles (fresh & frozen transfers) I don't remember the dosages. They were adjusted throughout each cycle as needed based off of my bodies reaction.
They were usually scheduled for in the morning so they could go over the results with the doctor and make any changes prior to the end of the day.
Carmel

I see a different nurse almost every time I go to Midwest Fertility. It can be challenging to have a different nurse every time because treatment for infertility can be very emotional and invasive. If I had the same nurse every time the overall experience would be more comfortable and it would be easier to ask questions. With that being said, I am just thankful that all the nurses I have met at Midwest Fertility are knowledgeable and nice. I also like how at the end of many of my appointments they take me to a small consult room and review all the information that was explained to me during my visit and they go over next steps. This is very helpful because sometimes I think of questions I should have asked earlier in the appointment and I never leave wandering what the next steps are.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility in Fort Wayne has very nice staff. All of the staff seem to always be in a good mood. When I arrive for my appointment I usually don't have to wait long at all. I think the longest I have waited in 15 minutes.
Dr. Bopp is very kind. He cares as much about how I am feeling has he does about the treatment he is recommending. For example, he has written the title and author of a book he was recommending to me on a prescription pad. Also, when he sees one of his patients walk by his office he comes out to greet and check on them even when their appointment was not to see him.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp truly cares how his patients are doing. He always asks me how I am feeling about the treatment and how my husband is feeling. He is always willing to connect and talk about personal things like faith. Dr. Bopp explains the treatment options and recommendations clearly. He also considers how your mindset might effect the treatment he recommends for you. For example, I had a consultation because an IUI got canceled due to not ovulating while taking clomid. At the consultation Dr. Bopp recommended letrezole with IUI or injectables with IUI. At the very end he explained that based on the way I had described my feelings he would recommend injectables with IUI. One thing I struggle with is that I have been to Midwest Fertility several times for various reason (ultrasounds, bloodwork, IUIs, consultations) and I have only meet with Dr. Bopp two times, once for the initial consultation and once for another consultation when it was identified that clomid was not working. He did see me walk by his office once and he came out and said hi and asked how things were going. So, I have seen Dr. Bopp 3 times and have been at Midwest Fertility 10-15 times. I think this could be due to Dr. Bopp primarily working out of a different Midwest Fertility office and only being at the Fort Wayne location once a week or something.
Write down questions you have have as you think of them and then take them with you to your appointments. This will help since you will not get to meet with Dr. Bopp very often. You will also have your questions on you in case he pops out of his office to say hi. I also think Dr. Bopp tries to keep the information he shares clear and concise in effort to not overwhelm his patients. I am the type of person that likes to have all the information and details so I like to make sure I ask all my questions.
I feel like I am on a generic fertility treatment strategy. I came to Dr. Bopp after trying a few months of clomid with my obgyn that did not seem to be helping me ovulate. My husband completed a sperm analysis and I completed basic blood work. My husband's sperm analysis came back normal. The cycle I completed my blood work on was not a normal cycle. I called in for clarification on when I was supposed to come in to complete the blood work and I was told to come in on my first day of heavy bleeding. Since my cycle was out of the norm that month I was not sure what day to go in. I gave it my best guess. When my blood work came back there were a couple concerning levels, LH and FSH. Midwest Fertility recommended I have two more levels checked on the same blood sample AMH and one other (I can't remember what it was). The two extra tests came back normal and they explained that this meant my overall blood work was normal. We continued the clomid with my obgyn who increased the dosage a couple times but in the back of my head I was still concerned with my blood work. That's when we scheduled a consultation with Dr. Bopp. Based on the information we shared Dr. Bopp recommended I complete the HSG test and continue clomid at 150mg and try IUI. The HSG test result were normal so we did two cycles of clomid with IUI. The first time I had 2 mature follicles and the second time I did not ovulate at all. (Also, during onw of the IUI cycles they did blood work to test my thyroid, the results came back normal). When I did not ovulate Dr. Bopp requested a consultation. During the consultation Dr. Bopp recommended letrezole with IUI or injectables with IUI. Right now we are taking a break from fertility treatments because we just feel confused about what is keeping us from conceiving and we feel like we are being sold services that might increase our chances of getting pregnant but are not necessarily addressing our challenges.
When we called to schedule the sperm analysis it was $150 but they offered a package that was a sperm analysis and basic blood work for $100 so we chose the package. The initial consultation with Dr. Bopp was around $200 and I think the second consultation was around $75. The IUI package we went with was around $1,200 and included everything needed for the IUI (ultrasounds, blood work, sperm preparation, insemination).
Fort Wayne

The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
From the very beginning Dr Reuter was determined to ensure I got pregnant, all my tests and everything were good, but I was getting frustrated I was getting pregnant. She kept changing my meds until i finally got my positive test on my 3rd IUI! She was very excited for me, and was in the ultrasound room when I got to see my baby for the first time! It was very heartwarming to have her in there.
You speak to the nursing staff quite often throughout treatments, they are very knowledgeable and know Dr Reuter very well and can almost anticipate her next move. They are very compassionate, and genuinely excited when I found out I was pregnant!
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My very first IUI she did the procedure and made me feel at ease! She was very good with her communication style and put any worries I had away! She was quick to ensure I had all my questions answered and explain the procedures!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
While she doesn’t see you every single visit (as you come in quite a few times) she is always there when you need her! It’s so nice to know you have someone who has your back.
My first consultation after my HSG, she jumped right into IUI with Clomid and trigger injection, which surprised me because I was almost mid cycle, but she went for it. My 2nd IUI she changed my meds to let letrozole, gonal f and trigger- my estrogen was a little lower with letrozole, but she proceeded with IUI because numbers still looked good. My final round she decided to do gonal f and trigger- which resulted in me becoming pregnant!
My health insurance luckily paid for the majority of it since I had not hit my out of pocket yet, so they paid about $2500 for three IUI’s, testing and meds
Describe Laura Reuter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I did not have to have this done

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
It [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile... I was always able to speak to my nurse, when I did not reach her right away, I knew she would call back by the end of the day.
European, Latino
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile ( office staff is very friendly).
Dr. Reuter is fantastic, very enthusiastic yet extremely realistic. Always shared her "recommendation" but allowed us to chose our path.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter always showed compassion and empathy. Whenever we spoke on the phone, she would say "sorry" when we had bad news,and would be happy along side us when we finally had better news. She always answered all of my questions thoroughly, I never felt rushed. Often times when we met, she would answer all of our questions we had written down, before we even asked them! She always exuded confidence, which something that is so necessary in this unknown infertility roller coaster.
Be ready with questions, she will be ready with answers! She is very personable, so if something does not seem right or you have more questions, do not be afraid to ask.
After failures ( IUI, egg retrieval etc), Dr. Reuter had fresh ideas, she always adjusted things, we never felt like we were doing the same thing twice. She even solicited/ referred my husband to urology.
Facility fee is separate. Payments were due on the first scan day (IVF cycles). When paying out of pocket for meds, they suggested cheaper pharmacies/ options.
Dr. Reuter always had MY health at the forefront. If she did not feel something would be "safe" for ME, despite our dreams of being parents, she did not do it.

Anovulation, Unexplained
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received.... The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received. However supposedly if you don’t choose to do the package at the beginning, you could end up paying more than the package price.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month. He definitely allows the patient to guide the cycle while being open and honest about his recommendations.
Describe the protocols Matthew Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr Will continued my previous treatment dose of letrozole because I was responding to it. However he added Gonal F to be a little more aggressive. Had the option of IUI but chose to do timed intercourse with trigger to save some money knowing that we had healthy sperm. If this cycle is not successful, our plan is to do an HSG to check for fallopian tube blockage. If there is major blockage, IVF may be our route.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355. Estradiol level is $98. Initial consult was ~$200. Injectable meds were ~$300.
Carmel

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Most times, I was in and out of the clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] promptly...I always had plenty of time with the Shelly [nurse]. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX...Due to specific male factors, we knew we would have to either use IUI or IVF. The chances with IVF were higher, and we went with this course of action. Dr. Reuter was a little surprised I think, but supportive. 8 eggs retrieved, 6 progressed to 5 day maturity, 2 came back with chromosomal abnormality meaning we had 4 for implantation. First implant was unsuccessful. Next 2 implants resulted in pregnancy. Each time only 1 embryo implanted.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
With fertility treatments, everything can change in a day. Most times, I was in and out of the clinic promptly. Sometimes a lot of people would end up needing to come in on a Monday, schedule any visits you can on a non-Monday. You should be aware that you will be there for an hour each time; usually because you will have blood drawn, an ultrasound, and a consultation. I feel like for all 3 of these things to get accomplished within an hour is good timing for any doctors office.
Dr. Rueter was very kind during every step. She explained all the choices we had during our first meeting, and then accepted our choices for what direction we wanted to take. We have had early complications during our 2 positive IVF cycles. Dr. Rueter was very compassionate and willing to do anything that she thought would put me to ease and help us with our chances of a successful pregnancy.
I always had plenty of time with the Shelly. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter explained everything (other than the medication; that information was explained by the nurse). I truly felt like she cared about our outcomes, my feelings, and everything in between. She told it to us "straight up", but with as much love as possible.
The egg retrieval will be more painful than you expect. You are under sedation when it takes place, but I was not aware that I would be sore/ in pain the next day.
Our insurance covered most of the charges. We did have co-pays for visits and medication. Some medication was hard to obtain (due to our insurance) and we paid out of pocket. Even with coverage, we still paid over $2000 for each IVF cycle/implant.
Since we did PGS testing, the clinic / Dr policy is to only do eSET. We ha no issue with this.

2013 - 2018
This clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
Dr Colver was really invested in helping my husband and myself achieve a pregnancy. We conceived our daughter on our first IUI. We've been trying to conceive a second child and done three IUIs with no successful pregnancy yet. Dr Colver was happy to send us on to another clinic that had a lower cost IVF. Even though he would no longer be following our care, he wanted us to get pregnant regardless of it was under his care or not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Papps)
The nurses truly cared for their patients in my experience. I will say sometimes it took quite a while to get an answer back if you left a message. But when you called they always followed up and f they didn't know the answer they asked the doctor. Sherri really cared about the success of her patient's cycles.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver has a wonderful bedside manner. I will say I felt like I really had to stay on top of my treatment details, but I think a large culprit of that was that I was treated at my local obgyn office for ultrasounds as well so information was filtered to his office. Dr Colver's biggest goal was to get me pregnant whether that was with his practice or somewhere else. That says a lot about a doctor and his goals for his patients vs. just treating everyone as a number.
Be on top of your treatment details. Keep a datebook of protocol/treatment. Ask questions if you don't understand something.
Dr. Colver used a combination cycle of 7.5 mg femara and 112.5-187.5 Gonal F for 4-7 days for my IUI cycles. This protocol worked for our doctor so we continued it trying for our second child. His rationale was it worked previously and I was consistently producing 1-3 mature follicles so we continued. The first two IUIs I had a chemical pregnancy. The third IUI cycle I actually started ovulating on my own so we had to do an emergency IUI 1-2 days earlier than expected. I truly believe I would have gotten pregnant had a been given medicine to prevent early ovulation. It may have also allowed me to produce more eggs. Because of my PCOS diagnosis, I may have several eggs that aren't truly healthy so producing a few more eggs wasn't off a big concern to me as I've always product several and only had a Singleton tegnwncy carry to term.
I believe bloodwork to test my estrodial number was approximately $200 and my IUI procedure was $500.
Not applicable as I had IUI cycles
Carmel

The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.... From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is a great doctor. She is so caring and understanding and so is all of her staff. We may not have gotten pregnant yet, but I am so grateful for all of them and for making the most difficult time in our life a little easier. We are doing one more IUI with injectables in April and if it’s not successful we will be done for a while. I have talked to Dr. Erica Will about IVF, but we don’t have near the amount that we need for the treatment. We don’t have insurance coverage and have paid $10,000 for our IUIS. My fiance had to get another job so we can afford just the IUIS. We continue to pray every single day. No matter what, we will always be grateful for everyone at the Fort Wayne Midwest Fertility Specialists Clinic.
The nursing staff is just as great as Dr. Erica Will. I could cry when I talk about how great they all are. They were born to do their jobs. They’re nothing short of amazing and I will forever be grateful for all of them no matter if I have a baby or not from the treatments we do there.
How was your experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is an amazing doctor. I am so grateful for her for being so caring, trustworthy and understanding. I will never forget when she said “We will get you your family.” That will forever stick with me. I wanted to burst into tears at my appointment but I held them back until I was done with my appointment. I may be heartbroken now, because we are starting our final IUI next month and I’m holding on to a little bit of hope still, but it will get better. I will try to apply for IVF grants and pray that we get lucky. We have come so far and it’s hard to give up now.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is very understanding and was up front about my situation. As hard as it is to hear some things, she knows how to say it with empathy where it doesn’t hurt as much.
Describe the protocols Erica Anspach Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I am 25 years old and my ovarian reserve is 1.05. It’s slightly on the lower side for my age. I don’t ovulate regularly and I used Femera and did 3 IUIS with trigger that were unsuccessful. I did 1 IUI with Femera and Gonal f with trigger and Progesterone that was also unsuccessful. The 5th IUI I did was straight injectables with trigger and then Progesterone that was unsuccessful. Today I had to take a pregnancy test to see if this IUI worked and it was negative, so I’m having a really hard day and this is how I came across this website. When you are in desperate need of help for the next step of treatment you would do anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My fiance and I don’t have insurance so we have been paying everything out of pocket. From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.
Erica Anspach Will
Fort Wayne

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

2013 - 2018
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.... Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.
Dr.Will is so genuine in how he cares for you, from the delivery of the news that IVF was our only option, throughout the entire process. So much we were so sad we wanted to stay under his care through delivery. We have developed such a positive doctor patient relationship with him. He explains each step so you can understand and always makes us feel comfortable to ask any question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly and restored my confidence in how I was feeling. She was wonderful. My nurse this second round is Emily and she’s wonderful as well. They have a great team and Midwest Fertikity.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Being dealt the cards that IVF was our only option to conceive was heart breaking, earth shattering, you name it we felt it! I could not have imagined going through this process with any other doctor. We are so grateful to have been matched up with Dr.Will. He is everything and more you would ask in a fertility doctor. He is compassionate, empathetic, and is so wonderful at communicating. Our first IVF wasn’t the easiest road after we were pregnant, as we had a lot of scares and each time we came in you felt his genuine care to make sure we and the baby were okay. Words aren’t enough to explain how wonderful Dr.Will is as a person and as a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
That you couldn’t be in better hands and to not be afraid to ask any question even if you feel it’s a crazy question. Dr.Will will always make you feel comfortable.
My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF. We had done all the pre testing including the dye in my Fallopian tubes and thankfully everything looked good on my end. We had daily injections leading up to the egg retrieval. Then went into a fresh transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and thankfully one attached. During the pregnancy I was overstimulated to the point my stomach was distended and I was collecting liquid. I had to be sent to have a procedure done to release the liquids. I also became dehydrated and had to be put on an IV of fluids, but thankfully that was also the day we found out we were pregnant. So it made that not feeling so well feel amazing! I also had unexplained bleeding throughout my first trimester so I was on close watch throughout with ultrasounds and as a result Dr.Will kept me on longer as a patient before turning me over to my OBGYN, which we greatly appreciated. We felt so cared for that it felt like a family member taking care of us versus a doctor.
First round about $15,000 this round about $21,000
Describe Matthew Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
No comments. I trust Dr.Will’s recommendations and follow them.

2013 - 2018
It's a nice office [MW Fertility Specialists]. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here... I'm not a fan of nurse Shelly. She's impatient, kind of cold, and hard to talk to. She does make me feel rushed when I see her and I don't like that. But she follows Dr. Reuter's directives so I go with her when I have appointments.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It's a nice office. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here.
She always takes time to answer my questions, which I really appreciate. She makes sure I understand what's going on before our appointment is over. I like that she doesn't make me feel rushed. She also asks about my son, who I conceived under her care, and I like that she remembers.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She's highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing! Now the cons. Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that. I was surprised to find out I have PCOS as I try for my second child. If I'd known that I would've modified my diet, tried different supplements, and otherwise try to minimize the effects of PCOS on my own. Another thing is she's kind of a fat-shamer. She always comments on my weight while I'm there and while I understand obesity impairs fertility I never get any advice other than "eat less." I'm obese, so clearly I'm aware it's a problem. I'd rather leave weight conversations to my PCP. Last con: she's very conservative with treatments. Again, I understand, the risks of multiples is high. But I wish she'd be more okay with twins if they happened. I don't particularly want to experience a multiples pregnancy but I wouldn't avoid doing an IUI with 3 or 4 follicles because of that concern.
Make sure you come with your questions. She will listen to your concerns and will address everything you ask. Just make sure you're prepared so you can take full advantage of the appointment.
I did 3 cycles with Clomid to start. They yielded 2-3 good-sized follicles with each cycle so I understand why she wanted to keep trying. Statistically you're likely to get pregnant in the first 3 IUI cycles without further intervention if you're relatively young and healthy. I didn't get pregnant, so she did an HSG to see if I had any tube blockages and the ramped up the medication to Femara + FSH. I didn't respond to Femara well and only had 1 follicle. That cycle failed. I did one more IUI with all FSH and that resulted in 2 large follicles (1 20 mm, 1 22 mm) and I got pregnant. I'm trying the same protocol again this month and hope it works!
$800-ish for an oral-medications cycle, $1500 for a FSH cycle.
If I were older and only had one shot to get it right, I'd be okay with eSET. But at age 35, if I had to do IVF I would transfer 2 embryos. The likelihood of both implanting isn't that great and I would rather risk twins than not have the procedure work at all. She said there's a 75% chance of getting pregnant with eSET but it's also prohibitively expensive for those not covered by insurance.
Carmel

Everyone at the clinic is friendly, helpful and generally nice! They are always willing to help get you on the schedule and comfort you if something is wrong. I have yet to meet someone there that I was not greeted with a smiling face and a warm heart.... Cheryl was a great nurse. Very organized, helpful and even let me come in and get my progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. Emily is a great nurse as well. She is kind, helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She always calls to give me answers to questions I have and help me find the best solution to medicine that I am taking.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Will is an amazing doctor. He is very considerate, helpful, and willing to sit and chat about treatments and options. He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and now it is Emily)
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. He explained everything that he was going to try to do and how each step would look. He is extremely caring, helpful, understanding and compassionate. I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos. They both stuck...amazing! Around 9 weeks, we found out that one of the embryos did not make it. Dr. Will was there the whole time during my ultrasound, holding my hand while I cried and comforting me and explaining to me what he thought had happened. After leaving, I felt a lot more at ease knowing what was going on and that he was going to monitor me extra to make sure the other baby would be safe. Now we have a little boy who we love dearly. He truly is an amazing man who cares deeply for each patient he sees and LOVES what he does!
Be yourself, tell him your fears and ask questions. He will always be there to answer them.
We did 3 IUI's that did not work. We moved onto IVF and used Follistim, Menopur, estrogen and progestrone. I don't remember the dosage though. We got 27 eggs, 22 matured, 11 fertilized and 5 made it to blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos on our fresh cycle. They both stuck and had heartbeats. Around 9 weeks, we lost 1 of the babies. We waited a year and a half and did a frozen transfer. This time, we only transferred 1 embryo. It did not stick. I was on 2 mg of estrogen 3x a day from day 2 of my period. On day 14 of my cycle, I started progesterone. (1.5 ml a day) I also had to take Doxycycline and Methylprednisolone 4 days before my transfer. (2x a day) We are going to do a mock cycle this time around to make sure that my endometrium is good and the right time for implantation. After that, we will try for another FET with just 1 embryo.
My insurance did cover some monitoring appts but other than that we paid out of pocket. It was around $10,000 for IVF plus my medicine which was probably around $4500. We also paid for some appts after I got pregnant which I can't remember what that came out to be. We paid around $2000 for our FET plus medicine (which was minimal...around $250) but it didn't work.
The first time we did IVF (fresh cycle), Dr. Will was ok with me doing 2 embryos. Our frozen cycle, he told me it was always up to me but he preferred I did only 1 embryo because of my age, my previous pregnancy and just the overall health benefits for me.
Carmel

The clinic [MW Fert Spec] is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long....The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online... We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long. While inconvenient, this is understandable given the staff's dedication to answering all questions until the patient is fully informed without rushing them out the door. Moreover, scheduling for them has to be difficult given the fact that with these kinds of treatments, patients are required to call in for a next day appointment all the time due to cycles and timing.
Dr. Will has been fantastic throughout the process. He's gone above and beyond what most doctors would do in terms of customer service. He spends as much time as it takes to answer all our questions without rushing us and he has even personally made calls to third-parties on our behalf to make things happen quickly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
My wife dealt with Emily the most, but she always felt informed and reassured after speaking with her.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
While we haven't had the results we hoped for yet, Dr. Will has been candid but caring throughout the process. He makes you feel like he is invested in our goal and genuinely cares. His customer service exceeds expectations and is dedicated to making sure all our questions and concerns are addressed.
I don't recall the specific drugs/dosages, but as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around. He was very thorough.
The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online (around $600 vs $800). IVF is obviously expensive, but the clinic's costs weren't out of whack with what we expected after researching online. We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
Carmel

Emily [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments...We paid $525 for each IUI...$1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strength: Great staff and facilities! Weakness: they get behind on appointments a lot; but after having one of those longer than planned appointments where they answered every last question to make sure we understood everything I know why they get backed up. And I appreciate them getting backed up if it's b/c of that.
Dr. Will is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with. He took the time to explain everything to us, making sure we understood, went out of his way to do things for us in our process and reminded us that this is possible and he'll do everything he can to help us achieve our dream. He made me feel human and every time we were with him it was just about us, not about what was happening the rest of the day or in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily Botich)
Emily was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments. She even marked an x on my butt for our trigger shot to make sure my husband gave me the shot in the right spot :). All of the nurses we worked with were informative and caring.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will went above and beyond my expectations for this journey. He was thorough in his answers, understood our nerves and helped to alleviate them. He made calls when it wasn't really his job to get paperwork completed (he actually called the fertility program we're working with to get our paperwork rolling b/c the office had limited staff due to weather). He called us even when he didn't need to b/c we had an odd appointment for an ultrasound and he wanted to make sure that we understood everything he takes into consideration and that he knows the techs all measure follicles differently (and he accounts for that) so he looks at the images taken too...not just follicle count and sizes they provided us (It really made us worry!). Every time we have met with him he is compassionate, understanding, thorough and fun. If you can't laugh with your doctor when you're going through this then who can you laugh with (especially when I told him I was going to create "infertility bingo" because I seemed to be checking all the boxes off of statistics related to infertility (1 in 4 miscarriages, 1 in 8 women have infertility issues, % of women with an inverted uterus, % of women who have a failed first IVF cycle, etc.) and that I wouldn't need the free space to win! HA! I can't imagine this journey with another doctor. Dr. Will is one in a million and we are lucky to have him on our side!
Ask any question you want to ask...be your own advocate...and know that he'll answer every last one of them. Don't be afraid to ask him...he's just the best! And be prepared for his laugh...it's amazing and brings a smile to your face!
Gonal-f 225 Menopur- 75 for the first 5 days and 125 for the next 7 Cetrotide- 125 HCG trigger shot 10 eggs retrieved/all mature 9 eggs fertilized 3 embryos made it to Day 6 blastocyst All 3 PGS tested and were all abnormal
We paid $525 for each IUI, insurance covered my blood work for each IUI but otherwise we had to pay $24K to the infertility program we used, $1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.

Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
The nursing staff at MWFS is AMAZING. My husband and I talk often about how much we miss them during this break of treatment. They are the most compassionate and personal staff of nurses I have ever met.... We went through 7 cycles of clomid, 6 cycles were paired with iui.Clomid dosage was low, 50 mg. However, I responded to the dosage amount. Naturally I experience ovulation too late in my cycle, with natural cycle ranging 30-33. With clomid I would ovulate cd 15 and had exact cycles of 30 days. With my natural late ovulation and male factor infertility it is “the perfect” storm to keep us from conceiving. We tried one cycle of clomid with time intercourse.
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Clover and staff were extremely personable. Not only did I feel like a human and not number but they genuinely cared about us.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver took the time to listen to everything we had to say. Answered all our questions and explained the next steps thoroughly. We didn’t see him every visit, however the nurses were able to ask him our questions and were prompt to get back to us. He was confident in us succeeding, however as of yet we have not. We are on a current break but plan on resuming treatment in the future, with Dr. Colver.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and express your opinion.
We went through 7 cycles of clomid, 6 cycles were paired with iui.Clomid dosage was low, 50 mg. However, I responded to the dosage amount. Naturally I experience ovulation too late in my cycle, with natural cycle ranging 30-33. With clomid I would ovulate cd 15 and had exact cycles of 30 days. With my natural late ovulation and male factor infertility it is “the perfect” storm to keep us from conceiving. We tried one cycle of clomid with time intercourse. We were going to be out of town and still wanted to be proactive on the treatment. Dr. C initially believed we would have had success on the clomid/iui combo, however we didn’t. Next course of treatment recommendation was ivf, where he believed we would have 98% success rate. If that was financially unattainable (which it is) then he recommended to try cycle of injections paired with iui. That is what we are considering next.
Robert Colver

Multiple times, they [staff at Midwest Fertility Specialists] did not call information to my husband's urologist...Modern clinic. Multiple doctors. Easy to get early morning appointments. No major complaints. Convenient location for those on North side of Indianapolis...They even coordinated with a counseling group in the area to help sort through all the emotions of infertility and going through IVF.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Overall really good success rate. Modern clinic. Multiple doctors. Easy to get early morning appointments. No major complaints. Convenient location for those on North side of Indianapolis. If you have any questions or concerns, just ask, and they should answer them for you. They even coordinated with a counseling group in the area to help sort through all the emotions of infertility and going through IVF.
Dr Reuter and the staff were always willing to see us to answer questions. We had 2-3 additional consultations with Dr Reuter or her nurse just to answer questions.
Overall Shelley was a good nurse. She was always available by phone or appointment to answer questions. Sometimes we would get frustrated by an approach we didn't understand. Talking to her would sort it out.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She explained the issues, best course of treatment for best odds, was excited for us when things went well. She called us personally for all of the big ivf cycle updates. Overall we appreciated all the time she took to explain things and help us to have a child with the best odds. We were in control of our treatment.
Dr Reuter is less emotional than some of the other doctors in the practice (so I heard from the nurses). But she was still compassionate, and we appreciated the objective discussions.
Overall strategy was to have two kids. We had male factor infertility with genetic fragmentation problems. I think Dr Reuter targeted getting a reasonable but not too many eggs for the cycle to help improve the odds. I remember expressing concerns about OHSS, but the nurse said the practice had not had any issues in years. I have no female infertility that we know of. I think I did 9-10 days of injections- gonal-f and menopur. They did ovary ultrasounds every 2 days. We did HCG injection before the egg retrieval. I had 19 eggs retrieved, which was more than Dr Reuter targeted. No OHSS. It took me a few days to feel better and function normally after the retrieval. On my husband's side, we worked with a urologist. That Dr recommended getting an immature sperm sample from the testicles to use for the fertilization with ICSI. So my husband had that surgery so the sample was fresh on the same day as egg retrieval. He had a frozen sperm sample back up. This was after a year of him trying different medications (clomid, hcg) to balance his hormones and improve sperm quality. We did a freeze all with the plan to transfer one later in the year. At five days, only two embryos remained. We did PGS testing, and both were normal. I was very glad to do a frozen transfer later so that my hormones and body would be more balanced and ready for the embryo. We did the egg retrieval in July, and FET in September. With the FET, I had to have a regulated cycle with estradiol and later PIO injections. Also with the FET, I did acupuncture weeks before, on the day of transfer, and throughout the pregnancy. The transfer was successful! I had to continue PIO injections through 12 weeks, which was really tough while I was very nauseous. We still have one frozen embryo for transfer later. They recommend transferring about 18 months or later after delivery, and you have to have stopped breastfeeding due to the hormones.
I think it was about $20k for one ivf cycle. About $4k was medication. We spent another $10k on my husband's surgery and specimen handling.
From all of my research and the clinic's practice, it is best to transfer only one embryo, especially if it is genetically normal. This reduces the risk of pregnancy complications. I agree with this approach.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very private and not located in the same building as a regular OB, so you do not have to worry about seeing pregnant women. The decor is very neutral, I like how they do not have photos of babies and silly saying about "achieving dreams" anywhere. They are quick with test results and the staff is absolutely great.... I really appreciate how quick they called with test results. They always took time to discuss the results and answer any questions I had. Some of the nurses have even been through infertility themselves, which is great because they understand how the patients feel.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very private and not located in the same building as a regular OB, so you do not have to worry about seeing pregnant women. The decor is very neutral, I like how they do not have photos of babies and silly saying about "achieving dreams" anywhere. They are quick with test results and the staff is absolutely great.
Dr. Colver is very compassionate and caring. He PERSONALLY called me with the results of my HCG blood draw.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver reviewed my file and identified some oddities in my test results that both of my previous RE's missed. After 18 months of treatment, including 6 months of clomid and 2 miscarriages, I became pregnant on my first cycle with him with a single healthy baby. I am still shocked at how quickly things worked out once I switched doctors. I wish I would have come to Dr. Colver from the beginning. I like that Dr. Colver is a stats guy, he gives the "odds" that various treatment tactics will work and the odds of miscarrying at certain times. This really helped me process and understand the nature of my treatment. He is very compassionate and an overall nice guy.
Go see him. If you are at all unhappy with your current doctor, go see him right now! I wasted 18 months and had 2 miscarriages before I switched and I am so glad we finally made the leap.
Dr. Colver noticed that my LH and FSH numbers were not what you'd expect for someone with diminished ovarian reserve. Since I had done 6 unsuccessful cycles of clomid and had 2 miscarriages, he suspected there might be an egg quality issue. He recommended trying a menopur protocol with a Ovidrel trigger to force ovulation since I have a short luteal phase. He was very conservative with my menopur dosage since we did not want to overstim. We then did an IUI since menopur is a relatively expensive drug and we wanted to make sure that we had the timing exactly right. I am now pregnant with a single baby.
My insurance does not cover any infertility treatment. My Menopur was around $800 out of pocket. They charge around $2500 for an out of pocket IUI cycle, which includes all monitoring, ultrasounds and of course, the actual IUI. Once I had a positive pregnancy test, insurance kicked in and I was covered.
Carmel

It seems to be feast or famine at this office [MW Fertility Specialists-Carmel]...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.... Sherry is a very thorough nurse. During injection training she made sure I understood what I was doing as it was my first time. She worked with me on the price of medications and found a pharmacy that cost more than $1000 less than what my insurance wanted. She calls when she says she will, she answers all of my questions and deals with anxiety-fueled over chattiness with ease. She always hugs me at the end of our appointments, and makes me feel really positive about the potential outcome.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It seems to be feast or famine at this office...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.
When we met with Dr Colver, we felt that he really listened to us and what we wanted out of a cycle, what our goals were, and tried to understand our reasoning. Never once were we pushed into a treatment suggestion that we were uncomfortable with. He answered all of our questions, never made us feel dumb or self conscious about the questions, and we left feeling like we had a clear treatment plan that we could feel confident about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We met with Dr Colver because we are experiencing secondary infertility, and had sought fertility treatment via my OB in our former state. We told him what our issues were, showed him test results and explained former procedures, and asked him what his thoughts were. He took the whole picture of our situation into account when he made his recommendation as to how he would proceed, and it didn’t feel like a sales pitch, it felt like he wanted us to get pregnant in a way that we felt comfortable with and that we would also be successful with. He was willing to use logic and reasoning based on former test results and pregnancies to determine what, if any further testing was needed. When I went in for a baseline scan, the tech noticed that my c section scar was thin. Dr Colver personally came into the consult room to explain things to me, because I was freaking out, and reassured me that everything looked fine to proceed with injections and IUI.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what you want.
We are currently doing a femara/injection/IUI cycle. Dr Colver stayed that since I have been pregnant twice before, but struggle to ovulate on my own, that this was an appropriate treatment protocol vs going straight for IVF. He stated that since our only issue is PCOS, he feels confident that this method will be successful for us. Since this is our first round with his clinic, I understood that this cycle could be more diagnostic in nature. He started me out with 2.5 mg of letrozole, added on 50iu Follistim, and bumped that up to 100iu to get a good response. I have ovidrel as a trigger when my follicles and estrogen reach the appropriate level.
I’m not completely done with my cycle yet, but far my costs have been $32 consult $114 per ultrasound $700 medications
None

PCOS, Unexplained
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them.... Recently, I had issues getting my chart sent to my new clinic. Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them or one of the several other doctors is handling your case.
I did 4 IUIs with Dr. Will, however the only time I saw him or spoke to him was at our consultation and then our "next steps" meeting after 4 failed IUIs. We actually had a 5th in there that was cancelled due to too many eggs being released, and even then I was communicated with only by the nurses. Although the nurses were nice, I felt like they had no idea what was going on and I making decisions regarding my treatment plan that I am not qualified to do. I would have to remind them on the phone of what we had done in past months and what had worked or hadn't.
Emily was very friendly and nice, however I felt like she never knew what was going on. I had to remind her of past treatment plans, I wish she looked at my chart before calling. She was always in a hurry too - making me feel like I was taking too much time and there were too many patients to see. The BEST person at MWF is Minnie who took blood. She was the sweetest and made the entire process so much better.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very pleasant - I just felt like he was very one size fits all with his treatment plan. I did not like that we never spoke to him or even saw him during our 4 IUIs. I felt like since we were not doing IVF we weren't a priority.
To ask that he be the one to communicate and evaluate the treatment plan, not the nurses.
Each month we played with my dosage as well as the days we did the IUI - I honestly felt like I was leading the charge on this. I would provide my recommendation to the nurse and she would say "sounds good". Looking back, I cannot believe this is what happened! I am not the expert!
I believe the IUI itself was $1035 (plus drugs)
Carmel

[Nurses at Midwest Fertility Specialists] Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions...My post extraction meds didn't get called in to the pharmacy. It was easily fixed...[IUI] cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500... I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive...Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask.
He was very kind and explained everything in detail. He was available to answer my questions when needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Very easy to talk to you and approachable. He answered all of my questions without hesitation. He was not always available face-to-face, but would be available by phone. I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive
Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask. Ask for a detailed explanations of all the regimens, treatment interventions.
Initially, we tried letrozole with injections and are you why. After three rounds, we had no pregnancy. I conceived naturally in between the next cycle. When trying to get pregnant for the second time, I had to chemical pregnancies and return to the clinic for further care. He thought that since I had the ability to conceive, we would do just injections and timed intercourse. After two rounds of failure, we decided IVF because I am advanced maternal age. We had microdose Lupron with injections and only produced a small number of mature follicles. Only one egg fertilized and then arrested during development.
Initially are treatments were covered by insurance. Our insurance changed however and then we had to pay everything out of pocket. Are you why cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500
We never got this far

2014 - 2017
Shelly [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] is the one I talk to about my treatment during my cycles. She is also the one that performs the IUI, which I surprised about. She is always nice and helpful, but always seemed in a rush. I'm sure she is busy, so it never really bothers me. The ladies at the front desk are always so nice too. Minnie, the lady that takes blood, is the sweetest most caring person in that office! I love her! The ultrasound tends are also really nice. I always ask questions about what they are looking at and not one of them seemed bothered by it. They always make me feel comfortable during the exam.
2014 - 2017
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Clinic is clean and nice. I always feel comfortable there.
Although I didn't talk to Dr Reuter very often, the rest of her team was always very nice and made me feel comfortable. Dr Reuter was no different. When our only pregnancy ended due to a chemical pregnancy, she actually called me to break the news. She's always gentle and caring.
Shelly is the one I talk to about my treatment during my cycles. She is also the one that performs the IUI, which I surprised about. She is always nice and helpful, but always seemed in a rush. I'm sure she is busy, so it never really bothers me. The ladies at the front desk are always so nice too. Minnie, the lady that takes blood, is the sweetest most caring person in that office! I love her! The ultrasound tends are also really nice. I always ask questions about what they are looking at and not one of them seemed bothered by it. They always make me feel comfortable during the exam.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were diagnosed with unexplained fertility, and my husband had borderline low sperm count and motility. It was suggested that we go straight to IUI but because of financial reasons we asked to start with medicated cycles and times intercourse. Dr Reuter was very understanding and agreed to this treatment plan. We went thru 3 medicated cycles, then went on to an IUI. During those 4 cycles I think I only talked to Dr Reuter 2 or 3 times (initial consult, HSG test, and during one ultrasound). Although I didn't talk to her often, her staff was excellent. After those 4 cycles we had to take a break due to person reasons. We came back a year later and started again. When we had our consult, she came in with an IVF binder and told us that was our best option since it's been so long. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. It's like she wasn't giving us a chance and was maybe tired of treating us. She told us to think about it and have a decision by the time we did the first ultrasound. But, after my first ultra sound she found some polyps that needed removed so we couldn't start trying for about 6 months after my surgery. In that time, my husband started seeing a urologist (Dr Kovac) to try and better his numbers. We did this after doing our own research and talking with other people in online support groups. I wish Dr Reuter would have mentioned it to us, or told us that was an option. When we went back to Dr Reuter after those 6 months, she was very impressed with my husband's numbers and suggested IUI instead of IVF. Our 2nd IUI (5th cycle total) resulted in a positive, but after a few blood draws it was discovered to be a chemical pregnancy. Dr Reuter actually called me to give me the news, and was very warm and caring when we talked. We had a consultation a few weeks later and she said that she wanted to make sure my body and heart had healed from the loss. I loved that she cared about my emotions, and was understanding of them. She suggested that we continue with IUI. We told her that we had enough money to do 2 more, and that IVF may want an option for us financially. She was very understanding and never made us feel bad about our finances. *We're currently in the middle of our IUI cycle*
Be open and honest about how you are feeling, and ask lots of questions about things you don't understand.
3 medicated cycles with timed intercourse (5 days of Letrozole + Ovidrel Trigger Shot).. 2 IUI (5 days of Letrozole + 3 days of Follistim injections + Ovidrel Trigger Shot)... Current cycle &gt; IUI (5 days of Follistim injections + Ovidrel Trigger Shot).. All cycles were accompanied with blood work, a couple ultrasounds to monitor, and progesterone suppositories. All cycles resulted in negative pregnancies, except previous cycle that resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Insurance covered all of our blood work and ultrasounds (except copays). IUI is $525. We got our injectables from MDR or of California. Follistim 300 is $245 and one Ovidrel shot is around $80.

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Cancer, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other
Cheryl George is the nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach"...This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors...Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.
European, Other
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Cancer, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors. I haven't had any problems with this clinic
Dr. Will is such a caring and compassionate doctor, but more, he is a realist. With infertility things don't need to be sugar coated. He was a tactful, straight shooter with our case. He is extremely sharp and truly cares for his patient's best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl George)
Cheryl George is the nurse I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach". I am so thankful for her!
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is the best! His care and drive to help couples to achieve their dream of having a child surpass other doctors! He takes his time with you to answer questions and is honest with you. You feel like more than just a number at this clinic and with Dr. Will. You are their priority.
He is a great doctor and will offer you honest, good advice or thoughts. Ask questions!
After 3 miscarriages from IVF, my RE at the time suggested considering using a surrogate to carry the baby due to my uterine anomaly (unicornate uterus). We transferred our embryos to Dr. Will's clinic (Midwest Fertility Specialists) for a surrogacy transfer. Unfortunately, 2 of our 3 remaining embryos did not survive the thaw (due to the transfer of the embryos from clinic to another clinic or the stress from PGS testing on the embryos). We will never know why the great quality embryos did not survive the thaw and that still is hard to swallow. The last embryo thawed but was very fragmented, Dr. Will thought it was good enough to transfer and we prayed and hoped, but unfortunately the transfer ended up as a negative pregnancy test. During this stressful and heartbreaking time, Dr. Will showed great compassion and willing to help any way he could. He is readily available for questions and his care for his patients is truly amazing. We currently are in waiting process to save up enough money to try IVF again with a surrogate (who is my willing sister) since with are completely out of embryos.
Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are easy to schedule with. Appointment times are pretty on track. Payment process is easy. I do wish they had earlier appointments appointments for at least the blood draws and ultrasounds as I have had to miss a lot of work over the years.... I think all of the IVF cycles were like 12k and meds were about 5k. Our donor embryo cycles were like 6k I believe. Our insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are easy to schedule with. Appointment times are pretty on track. Payment process is easy. I do wish they had earlier appointments appointments for at least the blood draws and ultrasounds as I have had to miss a lot of work over the years.
He was very caring, honest, and truly invested in our success.
They were always friendly. helpful, caring, thorough, and willing to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very caring, thorough, and honest with us when he felt a course of treatment wasn't working. He went above and beyond. He was very invested in our success, but so very realistic about our chances (which I appreciate). I have nothing negative to say about him.
Follow his reccomendations.
I don't remember exactly what the first ivf protocol was called,.maybe antagonist. It involved Ganirelix and was cancelled part way through due to poor response, so never got to the egg retrieval. I only have one working ovary and poor egg quality and quantity due to a lot of previous surgeries. The next two IVF cycles were microdose lupron protocol. I took Follistim and Menopur with all of them. I did get a couplr embryos each time, but they were poor quality. All three cycles were unsuccessful. He also had me take a NeoQ10 with my last cycle, but it didn't end up improving my egg quality. I took Follistim and Menkpur with l three cycles.
He was willing to transfer one or two embryos.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[Midwest Fertility Specialists'] Hours of operation would make it hard to do this without a flexible job/boss. It was always clean. The staff were always courteous and friendly. They seemed to share in the excitement t of different stages of treatment with you.... [the nurse] Always answered my questions. Never made me feel dumb. Explained everything very well and didn't take for granted that I would know how to do something because I was a nurse. I appreciated that.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
He was very personable. The entire clinic staff were very nice and compassionate.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very easy to talk to. Didn't best around the bush at all but wasn't harsh in his explanations of our infertility. Made my very nervous husband and I very comfortable during our consultation and again in the day of the transfer.
I had a saline US to determine the state of my uterus prior to starting fertility treatments for egg retrieval. This identified a fibroid that would be in the way of the transfer so he performed a surgery quickly thereafter to remove this fibroid. Then I started medications to stop my cycle then start it again when they were ready. Then I did injections of 2 different meds for a couple weeks while waiting for the retrieval. I was told I had 18 eggs viable for retrieval the day before the retrieval. The next day I had my retrieval with a different Dr from the clinic because Dr colver was in the other office that day and they only retrieved 6. Only 3 of those survived fertilization and only 1 of those was genetically compatible with life. Because of our age they wouldn't do a transfer without genetic testing. That transfer took place and it didn't take. I had a negative test 11 days later and a very nice phone call from Dr Colver himself where I thought he was genuinely sorry we weren't successful esp since we only had the 1 embryo.
Total cost was $25,000 for treatments, testing, and medications.
Male Factor, Other
Midwest Fertility is very organized and professional. Everyone I have interacted with so far has been wonderful. Due to the size of the clinic, you may end up seeing other doctors (for example, another doctor had to do my egg retrieval due to scheduling) but I've been very impressed with everyone I interact with. I have full confidence that they are using state-of-the-art technology. Even though it is a larger clinic, every patient is treated like an individual.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Will is amazing. Whenever we meet with him, he gives us his full attention and is 100% focused on our situation. Dr. Will calls us personally to provide updates and is always up-to-speed on where we are in the process.
Emily is very responsive by both phone and email and always followed up on questions same-day. Emily is always very organized and never lets details slip through the cracks. Additionally, the lab nurse, Minnie, is the kindest, most supportive nurse and is a pleasure to interact with at monitoring appointments.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will has been a great doctor throughout the entire process. We came to him with a our diagnosis already, but his course of treatment has been thoughtful and professional. He always explains things fully and is 100% attentive during visits and with follow-up calls, including on weekends. I appreciate that Dr. Will advises single embryo transfer and is clear about the risk of multiples. He is proactive yet conservative in his approach.
Come to appointments with questions as Dr. Will will take the time to answer them fully for you.
I show no signs of female-factor infertility so Dr. Will used an agonist protocol. He reduced medications slightly during my stims to prevent overstimulation and used a combination trigger shot as well since I was growing 20+ follicles during my monitoring appointments.
We have no insurance coverage so all costs were out of pocket. We have paid for one full IVF cycle to date.
Dr. Will strongly recommends single embryo transfer. I very much trust his judgement on this issue and he does a very good job of explaining why he is approach our treatment this way. Dr. Will is very good about doing what is best for the patient vs. simply focusing on success rates.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through.... Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment....
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through. We developed some uncommon autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent losses and I had trouble getting anyone at the clinic to take a fresh look at our situation. They just kept pushing me to try IVF. We were able to conceive using ovulation induction/timed intercourse but couldn't maintain past 10 weeks. Strengths - This clinic has open hours 7 days a week, which is convenient for scheduling midcycle scans. I feel like the weekend or on-call staff is definitely not in the loop with each particular patient though.
Midwest Fertility is a very large practice. Specific appointments were required for simple blood draws. At my prior clinic, I could stop over for a blood draw at any time on a particular morning. When I would go in for midcycle ultrasounds, I rarely had the same ultrasound tech and the measurements varied wildly between techs, which was frustrating. The staff didn't know my name. The check out person always looked surprised/confused when I told her my name, even after going there for three consecutive treatment cycles. I always tell people that I liked Dr. Bopp but was very unhappy with the treatment at Midwest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Robin or Robyn)
Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment. The ultrasound techs who did the mid-cycle scans were inconsistent with the way follicles were measured. I rarely saw the same ultrasound tech during each treatment cycle. I felt like they tried to get patients in and out the doors as quickly as possible, without a personal connection or thorough review of their situation.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is one of the warmest and caring doctors that you'll ever meet. He gave me a hug at our first appointment with him. I really like him as a person and it's clear that he really cares for his patients. He is very intelligent and intellectually curious. I went to him essentially for a second opinion after developing a recurrent loss issue that I suspected was due to immune factors. We had a really good conversation about where he stood on the immune protocol and whether he would be willing to coordinate remotely with a RI. I really loved working with Dr. Bopp. My frustrations and disappointment came after dealing with the staff and the clinic.
Go in with written questions. Dr. Bopp is a good listener and will ease the mind of someone who is feeling anxious about the process. He is so warm, so caring, and empathetic.
Dr. Bopp used medication for ovulation induction since he felt that my primary issue was PCOS. We did low dose aspirin, Metformin (insulin resistance factor of PCOS even though my BMI is lower than normal), Letrozole, Follistim, and Ovidrel for the trigger. We did timed intercourse at home. I felt that Midwest/Dr. Bopp was not good at figuring out the right dose of Follistim to get my body to respond well. I saw Dr. Bopp after 9 previous induction cycles using Bravelle, which worked well for me under the care of another RE. Under Dr. Bopp's care (essentially, his head nurse), I didn't have as many ultrasound scans during the middle part of the cycle to gauge development, so my meds weren't adjusted as frequently as they were with a previous RE. As a result, we ended up with cancelled cycles due to under or over response, which was frustrating. I felt like it was due to a lack of appropriate or frequent monitoring, which is what I was used to at a prior clinic.
Midwest didn't bill anything to my insurance because "my policy didn't have infertility benefits". My insurance was the same as it was when I visited a different clinic but my costs were so much more through Midwest. The other clinic billed blood work and ultrasounds as medical procedures to my insurance, so many of them were covered. Midwest charged everything to me and was unwilling to submit to insurance. For example, blood work for progesterone and estradiol levels aren't specifically infertility related, as an OB or general practitioner can run those tests for general health problems. I felt like we were getting 'nickel and dimed' for every little thing through Midwest when that hadn't been my experience at the prior clinic for six fertility cycles. Also, Midwest makes the patient choose between paying for each service directly or buying a plan for that cycle. It's very difficult to determine which way would be less expensive because of the unpredictable way they mismanaged each cycle. For example, during one cycle, I had 9 midcycle ultrasound scans. The next cycle, they only did 1 midcycle scan. The plan option essentially was a good deal if there more than 4 ultrasound scans, but it was impossible to know how many scans would be needed for each cycle. In my opinion, the billing staff was unsympathetic and did a poor job of explaining the options for billing. Every time I had an appointment there, I had to pay at least $250 for whatever service. That was different than my experience at a previous clinic.
Describe Bradford Bopp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Carmel

The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] was open 7 days a week and available to do ultrasounds or procedures 7 days a week. The only weakness is no lab at the center, at least not in 2016. The staff were knowledgeable of how to bill to maximize benefits and were always friendly/... The nurses always knew my name, knew where I was at in my journey, listened to my questions and sought clarification from Dr. Will, helped normalize the process and my emotions and didn't focus on what's next but where I was at that day.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was open 7 days a week and available to do ultrasounds or procedures 7 days a week. The only weakness is no lab at the center, at least not in 2016. The staff were knowledgeable of how to bill to maximize benefits and were always friendly/
Dr. Will was more than happy to meet with my husband and I, always knew our names and always appeared to know where we were at in the process of our journey. Dr. Will was patient, honest and transparent and had humor which helps! He was more than happy to answer all of our questions.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was patient, kind and funny! Dr. Will joked during our consultation that his job is to "get you pregnant, although not by me!" I appreciated Dr. Will's willingness to be aggressive from the start, he understood that my husband and I were ready to get pregnant and were tired of lousy medical advice, he started our meds that day and we scheduled a day 14 ultrasound as we left the consultation. He was transparent during our treatment and was also visibly knowledgeable about the process.
His humor is meant with good intentions.
June 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 1 follicle, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. July 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 2 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. August 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 3 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. August / September 2016 - HSG procedure, no blockages. September 2016- 5mg Femara, day 12 ultrasound, 5 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. October 2016- 5mg Femara, day 11 ultrasound,2 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, iui, positive pregnancy test and delivery at 38 weeks.
Co pays for visits and ultrasounds. IUI was out of pocket $500 or $550

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Shelly [a nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.... The communication was slow at times and that made it hard to interpret results and plan accordingly.... Facilities are very nice, easy to get to and comfortable. Weakness would be the time it takes to communicate back and forth with your Dr.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She seemed genuinely concerned about my emotions, my only complaint was that she was not always timely in returning my calls or reaching out to me. For example she didn't call to check on me for several days after I had a D & C following my successful FET. My baby had a heartbeat at 7 and 10 weeks but at 12 weeks had passed. I would have thought she would have wanted to consult with me immediately and check to see how I was doing. Instead I had to call her office to request to speak to her. I'm not sure how much of this was her control or simply information being passed around in the office before it got to her...
Shelly was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I felt like I was given high quality medical care by Dr Reuter and her staff. She was kind and caring in all of our encounters. Unfortunately after being treated for almost 2 years by Dr Reuter she still did not give me a formal diagnosis and I suffered 2 miscarriages and no living babies/successful pregnancies.
I feel like you need to be clear with what you expect from her treatment. Not only did I want to have a baby, but I wanted to know why I was having a hard time having a baby since I had conceived my daughter without fertility treatment. She focused her attention on getting me pregnant and not so much on figuring out why I wasn't getting pregnant.
I first had 3 cycles of timed intercourse with letrozole and a trigger shot and followed with crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I then had 3 IUIs with letrozole and a trigger shot followed by crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I got pregnant naturally on an "off" cycle between IUIs and was given crinone gel. Sadly I miscarried around 8 weeks. I had one egg retrieval where I took folistim. Of the eggs retrieved 9 fertilized and 5 made it to 5 day blasts. I then had my first FET transferring 2 eggs. I became pregnant with one baby. I was taking PIO injections daily. Baby was doing great and had a high heart rate at 7 and 9 weeks. However at my 12 week appointment the baby had passed and I had a D & C that evening. I waited 2 months and then had another FET with 2 eggs. Sadly neither took. I took a few months off and was preparing to use my last frozen embryo, but on the day of my transfer the embryo did not survive the thaw.
Facility fee Procedure fee Consult fee
I transferred 2 each time. My Dr said 2 was all she would approve given my age and the risk of having more than 2 babies.
Carmel
I just wish they [MW Fert Spec] would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full....But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal...Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I feel the first appointment is very overwhelming - I just wish they would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full. We were not prepared for that. Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
Although, at times we didn't meet directly with Dr. Colver we always heard from the nurse after she would talk with Dr. Colver. They would call back with-in the day with answers to any questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry )
I only had one bad experience with phlebotomist but it was more related to not being able to get a vein due to dehydration and being poked repeatedly. But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal - my husband and I felt like royalty.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Truly, we had a great experience with Dr. Colver, but with him covering several offices, he wasn't always there to meet with after ultrasounds, blood work etc. I feel he gave us ample time when he was in the office. He was very detailed but I am a researcher and always came with questions, comments etc.
Asks questions -- Be flexible -- Don't be afraid to call with questions.
Cycle One (which ended up being canceled due to low response) we started out with Menopur, Follistim, Ganarelix but I wasn't responding despite increasing dosage of Menopur and Follistim so Dr. Colver canceled it. Cycle Two -- we began with Lupron and then added in Follistim and Menopur. We triggered the day before transfer with pregnyl. I ended up needing a suppository as well. I responded much better - although I had 11 follicles, they were only able to reach 8 of them.
The pharmacy costs are high and when medication changes there wasn't a refund - total medication costs: $7,000. IVF - 12,000-13,000 with $3500 for frozen transfer. PGS costs were around 700...
Dr. Colver would only transfer one embryo due to an existing heart condition. But I only had one viable embryo after PGS.
Carmel

The check out receptionist [Midwest Fertility Specialists] was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.... She [nurse] was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The check out receptionist was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.
Dr. Will was caring and elaborate in his comprehensive explanation of what the process would entail and was upfront with the potential issues we might encounter. He was kind enough to call (from his personal cell phone) and check on my wife throughout the process and was patient at every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl )
She was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was our doctor up until 12 weeks at which point and time my wife had to transition to her OBGYN. This was an incredibly difficult transition as we had both grown so close to Dr. Will and his staff and weren’t quite ready to leave this team of incredible friends and supporters. We missed him dearly the rest of the pregnancy, however he did reach out to check on us a few times. He also made sure we sent photos of our twin girls to him once they arrived!
This process is an emotional roller coaster but Dr. Will and his staff will help you get comfortable each and every step of the way. It is a journey and the scientific advances are only a small part of the process as you will form new and lasting bonds with these people throughout this experience. I couldn’t give a higher endorsement of Dr. Will. We have referred several couples to his practice.
I don’t remember exactly (this was over 3 years ago now) He did inform us (with all the reasons and details) we needed to do ICSI because my husband had very low motility and mobility. He had my husband also give a sample before the transfer day and froze it just in case. And thank the Lord he did this because the sample he gave the day of was not adequate and couldn’t be used. Dr Will used the frozen sample and it worked.
Around $15,000
Dr Will told us he would not put more than 2 eggs back in any patient of his for safety reasons. He was very confident we would be successful only putting one embryo back, but said it was ultimately our decision. So we went big and put 2 back- and both took! :-)
Carmel

[Midwest Fertility Specialists staff were] Very good at communicating and at explaining everything to us. We had time to ask questions and met with the dr whenever we needed or wanted to discuss anything. Only negative was cost. Very expensive.... I did follistim injections due to a missing tube bc of a previous ectopic pregnancy. I had great AMH numbers and responded well to the medicines. I went in for ultrasounds pretty regularly and he'd adjust my medication to either slow down growth or speed it up. The goal was to produce enough good follicles on my good tubed site to do timed intercourse. This resulted in one baby which we miscarried. I went back for additional treatments using same medication with IUI. Due to cysts we could only do every other month (and my overuse would recover a month). In our month off we got pregnant naturally with our daughter who just turned one.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
He always had the time to sit down and talk to us. He gave us hope, but he was real with us. When we lost our pregnancy or talked about previous loss I really felt her sympathized with us and wanted to bring us our rainbow baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was amazing. Answered every question and took as long explaining things as we needed.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I loved working with Dr Bopp. He treated us like people. He explained what his thoughts were and what he was planning. If there was a set back he'd adjust. We didn't do many iuis with the clinic but the nurses performed those. While I would prefer Dr.Bopp to do them, they were on short notice and weren't originally planned. I can't comment on if he'd do them if it was scheduled in advance.
Be ready to hear the truth. He'll tell you with compassion but he lays out the facts so you can develop a plan.
About $496 for the ultrasound and blood work. $300-400 for the IUI. I don't remember the cost for each thing individually.
We didn't do ivf

2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
My primary nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her...
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The level of patient care provided by the staff at Midwest Fertility is unparalleled. They do an extraordinary job of taking care of you and your needs.
He was extraordinarily attentive, kind, compassionate, and empathetic. (For example, six weeks passed between my first and second appointments with him, yet he noticed I'd changed my hairstyle in that time!) He is warm and personable. He's a hugger. He laughed with us, cried with us, prayed for us, hoped with us - I cannot speak highly enough of him.
My primary nurse, Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were referred to Dr. Bopp by my OB for recurrent miscarriage testing after our first two pregnancies, both of which were conceived without assistance, ended in miscarriage. After testing uncovered no diagnosable reason for our losses we were unable to become pregnant again on our own, at which point Dr. Bopp conducted a couple more tests and we proceeded to fertility treatments. Over the course of about five years as his patients, we went through one cycle with injectables (an IUI had been planned but I ovulated early); five cycles of injectables plus IUI (one of which ended in miscarriage); four egg retrievals for ICSI/IVF (one with PGS) and transfer of fresh embryos (two of which ended in miscarriage); three frozen egg transfers; one IVF cycle that was cancelled prior to retrieval because I ovulated despite being on Lupron; and ultimately one IVF cycle with donor egg that resulted in the transfer of two fresh embryos and the birth of our child. As I said earlier, Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked. We never felt he was recommending unnecessary procedures. When I asked about research or information I'd found online, he patiently discussed the pros and cons with us. I felt like my husband and I were 100% part of the TEAM providing our care - treatment decisions were made together WITH Dr. Bopp, not BY Dr. Bopp. When we reached the point where he felt we'd be better served by going to a famous clinic in another state that was able to offer PGS testing of embryos (because the technology wasn't available at his clinic at that time, though it is now), he was the one who suggested that we go there - our success was more important to him than his success rate was, and he and his staff were happy to work with the out-of-state clinic on sending our records and coordinating care. (We did go to that famous out-of-state clinic - we had a terrible experience there, which I will cover in a separate review. Our cycle there was unsuccessful and we returned to Dr. Bopp for one last try.) When it became evident we were more likely to have success with donor egg than with my own eggs, he was fully aware of how devastating that news would be to us; he delivered it with gentle kindness and he never pushed us during the long months it took us to become comfortable with proceeding. When we became pregnant, he was as overjoyed as we were. We did not see him at every appointment, but to be fair, it's not really necessary to see the dr at every appointment - my nurse performed my IUIs, and a sonographer performed my monitoring ultrasounds during cycles. I never had any problem scheduling time with him for consults when I needed them. He performed each of my egg retrievals and all but one of my embryo transfers (which he missed due to an illness). He performed my HSG himself as well as my hysteroscopy. When I was pregnant, he was at every ultrasound with us before I was released to regular OB care.
You're in good hands. Trust him. He will not steer you wrong. He truly wants you to have the family you desire.
He spent a good deal of time discussing the risks of multiples with us prior to starting our first IVF cycle, and each of those risks were outlined in detail in the consent forms we had to sign prior to each cycle. At our first transfer, we had three good embryos available for transfer (one 5AB and two graded 5BB); we chose eSET and he was very supportive of that. (That fresh transfer resulted in miscarriage, and the subsequent frozen transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test.) At our second fresh transfer, we had four good embryos available and this time he recommended eSET; we agreed. (That transfer and the subsequent frozen transfers resulted in negative pregnancy tests.) As time and cycles and negative results went on we got more aggressive with our embryo transfers. My husband and I always felt we were very much part of a team WITH Dr. Bopp making these decisions.
Carmel

Midwest Fertility is a large office. They communicate well, and worked well with me when I needed to be "fit in" to the schedule. It is clean and everyone working at the front desk treated me with respect and understanding. I am glad I chose Midwest...IVF "shared risk" plan was $20,500, which included two fresh IVF cycles (if needed) and unlimited frozen cycles. Medication for IVF (one fresh one frozen cycle) was around $5,500 total. I don't remember how much we spent on IUIs. Ultrasounds were about $600 each when they weren't included in the "shared-risk" plan.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She was very nice and even gave me a hug at our last visit when we saw our twins on the ultrasound!
Shelly was nice, but I felt like she was in a hurry to get off the phone with me every time she called me with an update. She would always answer my questions, but I wanted her to be more patient at times. I'm sure she was very busy, so I didn't let it upset me.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She was very knowledgeable and quirky. The only negative was sometimes I wanted her to explain more. I didn't get to talk to her very often. I usually had to speak with her nurses.
Be patient. Do your own research and ask LOTS of questions at your first appointment, so you'll have enough information to make choices about how to proceed with your fertility treatment. As someone with unexplained infertility, we had quite a few options. Doing my homework helped us understand the process and the risks.
We did two rounds of IUI with injections. No luck with those. We could have done another IUI, but I was frustrated because we didn't have any problems with eggs/sperm, so we went on to IVF. We chose not to do ICSI even though it was recommended, because we wanted "nature" to take its course instead of having someone pick the best sperm. First IVF fresh cycle went well, but ended in a chemical pregnancy. Medication costs were higher than expected because my body needed help producing more follicles/eggs. Just know that YOU will be expected to order more medicine, not your doctor. That surprised me. Second cycle was frozen cycle with our final two embryos. We now have beautiful fraternal twin girls!

Endometriosis, PCOS
he clinic [MW Fert Spec - Carmel]is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Dr Will was very caring and kind. He had a good bedside manner and took time to answer questions.
Dr Will's nurse was the primary reason why we left the clinic. We did not feel that she answered questions, and in fact would make us more concerned by providing information but then backing off from it, leaving us wondering what was going on.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We really enjoyed seeing Dr Will. He is very intelligent and caring . I did think he developed our treatment plan without considering all the factors that were important to us, which was a detriment. He was very responsive to emails.
Be clear about how your specific desires may change your plan.
Dr Will recommended 3 IUIs despite the fact that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. I knew he recommendation was IVF but he said we should try IUI first because "that's what you do." Dr Will recommended a combo injectable + oral ovarian stimulation regimen. I had four follicles the first IUI, 2 the second, and one the third. No pregnancy from the IUIs. Dr Will does not automatically use progesterone.
Monitoring and IUI for injectable meds - $1500 (plus meds)
Carmel

Overall, I didn't have a great experience [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Overall, I didn't have a great experience. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
I only spoke with Dr.Colver once in consultation. He looked at my past history and basically automatically concluded that I should be pregnant by now because there was no reason I shouldn't be pregnant. I know now (after seeing a different doctor and getting laparoscopy) that I was presenting with Endometriosis which is my chief reason for infertility. Dr. Colver explained IUI was my best bet at that point, of course that cycle failed. He was very kind, but I did feel somewhat like a number because it was like " just do this expensive procedure up to 5 times and you'll get pregnant, there's nothing wrong with you."
Most of the nursing staff was kind, but I had one issue with a nurse on a Friday late morning when I called in to tell her I had a early positive OPK. When she spoke with Dr. Colver and called me back, she said they were cancelling the IUI and that it was too early for me to get a positive and probably had too many follicles. When I asked if I could still come in for a scan just to see, she said no, you should have called earlier in the morning and we go home early on Friday's. Well, that's not very compassionate to an infertile woman who desperately wants a baby, is it? So my cycle was cancelled without so much as a scan or call from my doctor. I felt like a number, not a person.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr.Colver is kind, however I believe that he made a mistake in not diagnosing my endometriosis before proceeding with treatment. Since seeing Dr.Colver in early 2015, I was diagnosed (by an OB) and treated for moderate/severe endometriosis. I was recommended to do IUI right off the bat by Dr.Colver. My first cycle with letrozole was cancelled without being seen by the doctor or having a scan to check my follicles. Apparently getting a pos OPK on CD10 means you produced too many follicles... Okay... No call from the doctor himself, just a brusque call from the nurse on a Friday afternoon telling me I should have called earlier in the morning and my cycle was cancelled. I did one IUI and that failed. I moved on from this clinic because I decided that I wanted more consultation and I didn't have the money to continue treatment.
Do your homework. Be informed and ask questions. Unexplained infertility is rarely ever that.
IUI with letrozole- rationale : unexplained infertility - result: failed cycle
$800 for IUI

2013
The office [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is clean, modern and comfortable. I appreciated how personal and private it felt. Anytime I called, they were quick to get me through to my nurse or have someone call me back. We knew what to expect and what was happening when we arrived or before we left. They were curtious and understanding with a smile on their faces.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The office is clean, modern and comfortable. I appreciated how personal and private it felt. Anytime I called, they were quick to get me through to my nurse or have someone call me back. We knew what to expect and what was happening when we arrived or before we left. They were curtious and understanding with a smile on their faces.
Dr. Reuter was calm and patient with me when it was often a difficult situation. She explained things so my husband and I could clearly understand. From our first consultation to our last visit we knew exactly what to expect. We could call anytime we had a question or concerns. After I had a miscarriage, she told me the positives of the situation, even though the situation was devestating at the time and then personally called me a couple months after to check on me and see if we would like to try again. She and everyone else in the office was genuinely just as excited when we finally were able to conceive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Shelley)
Nurse Shelley was fantastic. I saw her every appointment and she was always available to help clarify any questions or concerns we had. The other ladies who did ultrasounds and helped with tests were also amazing. They were a great team and I was their focus at my appointment.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter was very professional. She took everything seriously and explained everything to us upfront. She explained all our tests and how hopeful our course of treatment would be. In the moment, I often thought she was a bit too professional and only told me things about each test or the next step. Never much more, but after I went through the experience, I understood and was completely grateful of how she is as a doctor. There are so many scenarios and what ifs, that I would have worried myself even more than I already was. She took all that and didn't let me fuss over things that may not matter. When I had a miscarriage, she was the one who told me that I did get pregnant, so that was very hopeful. While I was devastated, I kept going back to what she told me and it helped get me through and still have hope.
I have personally referred 2 people to her and they have since had successful pregnancies. I always told them to call the office if they needed ANYTHING! Sometimes we just need to know things are ok and they can help calm the nerves.
I only really remember our "goal" was 1 baby.. Dr. Reuter had my best interest in mind through the entire process and I was closely monitored. I ended up with twins, which I was ever so grateful of.

2013
The nurses [at MW Fertility Specialists] were cold and I felt like I was not treated like a human being...The clinic washed the sperm I had ordered from a sperm bank and in the process, the sample lost more than 80% of its sperm count and more than half of its volume. The lab director could not explain how this was possible. I did not get a refund or explanation... In a different case, the nurses gave me conflicting information... For the nurses I was just a number. They did not care about me.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
One sperm sample, I had bought from a sperm bank came out way below the numbers the sperm bank had guaranteed. So, I needed a motility report from the clinic's lab director in order to get a refund from the sperm bank. After long back and forth, I got to talk to the lab director at the clinic. He told me that I had no chance for a refund, because the sample originally had enough sperm count and motility. However, after the lab had washed the sperm, it had lost over 80% of its sperm count and more than half of its milliliter amount. The lab could not explain this. After that my trust in that clinic was gone and I switched to a different one.
Because I barely saw Dr. Reuter. I came in for treatment and I was never asked how I was doing or feeling. The nurses were cold and I felt like I was not treated like a human being.
Before one of the IUI attempts, one of the nurses came in and said I had ordered the wrong sperm. This had never been discussed with me and she basically contradicted what Dr. Reuter had told me a few weeks earlier. Big confusion, I still do not know what the problem was. For the nurses I was just a number. They did not care about me.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
During our first meeting, Dr. Reuter explained to me the treatment process and some general things about the female cycle. She was very cold and mechanically cited some facts. I did not have the feeling she was interested in me or my personal story at all. When problems occured, I got to talk to her on the phone once. Within the first few minutes, it became clear that she had no idea who I was or had ever looked at the lab results of my blood and hormone tests etc. She was unapproachable and did not care about my case.
Go to a different doctor.
Her treatment strategy was always the same: Force patients to get expensive blood work and ultrasounds done of which the results were never really discussed or ever mentioned again. Then give the patient some treatment options and have the patient (who has not studied medicine and cannot properly weigh her options) make a treatment decision. She never made a treatment decision for me.
I think an ultrasound was between $350 and $375. An IUI was about $300. A consultation was about $300. The costs for blood tests were the most- about $3000 and some of the tests were redundant, since I already had brought in documentation about the tests and their results. Things like blood type do not change after all.

2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] can be hard to get in because they are busy as I remember. Other than that they worked with us, showed compassion, were successful, efficient, clean, and most of all patient focused!...She [nurse] was prompt to call back. She always made herself available. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs...there was a small miscommunication and the results were not forwarded to an out of state doctor when we moved. It was nothing big.
2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They can be hard to get in because they are busy as I remember. Other than that they worked with us, showed compassion, were successful, efficient, clean, and most of all patient focused!
Dr. Colver cared about the well- being of the patient first. He listened with compassion and care to our needs, desires, questions, and concerns. He called me numerous times himself to personally check up on me, to give me results, and explain things. He did not run my body like a machine, instead he learned how my body individually worked and based my treatment off of what was best for me not to reach selfish numbers or percentiles for himself. He had a pure motive to serve, lead, and give wisdom to us as patients and people! I would refer him over and over again with outstanding reviews!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
She was prompt to call back. She always made herself available. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I described most in one of the first questions. He lead his treatment and whole practice with compassion. He cared first about the well-being of the patient. He communicated well. He gave wonderful wisdom with room to ask questions. He met with us individually, wrote many hand written notes to us, and made numerous personal phone calls to us. He is one of the most compassionate, well rounded, selfless doctors I have encountered.
Be willing to ask questions and learn from Dr. Colver. If you have any set backs or concerns be sure to work through them with him. He is wonderful.
We knew from my first cycle with another doctor that I was at high risk of OHSS. Looking into and studying my past history he made good discernment to give me a significantly lower dose of meds and watched me carefully to do his best to prevent chances of OHSS occuring again.
They were expensive but normal comparatively.
He wanted to make sure that we were okay with putting two embryos in and understanding the risks. He gave us all the info and allowed us to make the decision with His wisdom if we wanted it along the way.

2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Strengths- staff [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are very kind and efficient. Most remember me and ask how I am doing. Weaknesses- hours are limited, and difficult to call in and get a response by the end of the day. Ie phones shut off at 9:30am on weekends which seemed to be when I would always have questions.... [Cost Of Treatment] Fully out of pocket. Roughly $1000 per IUI, and $18 for IVF (including egg retrieval, transfer, and meds).
2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths- staff are very kind and efficient. Most remember me and ask how I am doing. Weaknesses- hours are limited, and difficult to call in and get a response by the end of the day. Ie phones shut off at 9:30am on weekends which seemed to be when I would always have questions.
Showed great compassion and grief after negative results. Excellent bedside manner.
She was kind. In my opinion, didn’t know the answers to the majority of my questions. But almost always would ask Dr. Colver on my behalf and get back to me.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Strengths- He is very compassionate and personal with excellent bedside manner. Weakness- we didn’t get to see him besides during initial consult and procedures. He was out of town a lot, and had to see one of his colleagues and 3 separate occasions ( for endo biopsy, ultrasound and consult for an ectopic pregnancy, and performed my D&C). Although Dr. Colver did call with important results, most of the meetings/appts and calls were from the IVF nurse.
Know what questions to ask to get direct answers.
I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. Both myself and husband had normal testing. So our IVF protocol was pretty basics. After egg retrieval it was clear that I had poor egg quality. Dr. Colver explained I had “soft eggs” which made them difficult to fertilize and create more blastocysts.
We only had one to transfer. But going into IVF, he consulted us that he would only transfer one embryo because of PGS testing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Midwest [Fertility Specialists] is clean and overall a great clinic despite our lack of success. Their staff is great! They're usually always packed but they still take their time with you. Weekend staff can be questionable at times specifically in terms of fill-in ultrasound techs. ... Shelly [nurse] was kind, compassionate, and truly cared. She helped us transition to another RE at Midwest for our third cycle.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest is clean and overall a great clinic despite our lack of success. Their staff is great! They're usually always packed but they still take their time with you. Weekend staff can be questionable at times specifically in terms of fill-in ultrasound techs.
Dr. Reuter doesn't have very good people skills. She did not like my husband and spent as little time with us as possible. She was also not interested in customizing our treatment for us.
Shelly was kind, compassionate, and truly cared. She helped us transition to another RE at Midwest for our third cycle.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She isn't very personable. She didn't care about us or our struggle to grow our family. She was unwillingly to modify my treatment even after two failed cycles with no embryos. She also couldn't really give us any reasons our embryos kept arresting. She pushed donor sperm hard even though she knew our insurance coverage would not cover donor gametes. We opted at that time to decline donor material.
Don't. Choose any other provider at Midwest. We wasted two cycle and endless amounts of heartache under her care. Do your research!
She has me on max doses of menopur and gonal-f for both cycles. Neither cycle produced any embryos. Seven eggs both cycles (five were mature each time).
We paid $0 out of pocket due to VA funding.
We never made it this far in our treatment.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
They [staff at Midwest Fertility Specialists] are informative, caring and one hundred percent on your side. They treat you like a individual human and not just a number. They are a hundred percent honest with you and will stand behind any decision you make and what ever path you decide is best for you...They [nurses] are very detailed. During your first visit you will meet with your Dr. your nurse and the business office. Our Nurse gave us a binder full of info and went over our next steps in our journey and then we meet with the business office who went over pricing of each package option
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are informative, caring and one hundred percent on your side. They treat you like a individual human and not just a number. They are a hundred percent honest with you and will stand behind any decision you make and what ever path you decide is best for you
She explains everything to you as each journey is different and you know that she cares about your journey and wants you to be successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Purcell)
They are very detailed. During your first visit you will meet with your Dr. your nurse and the business office. Our Nurse gave us a binder full of info and went over our next steps in our journey and then we meet with the business office who went over pricing of each package option
Dr. Will explains each situation in terms that you can understand. You walk away know that she cares and wants to see your dream of having a family come true. She is has shown compassion with each roadblock that we have encountered and has given up another avenue to try.
I would highly recommend her and to ask all the questions that you have
I have DOR, poor egg quality and a blocked Fallopian tube. Because of my numbers be so bad IVF was not an option for us. So I had an HSG done which showed my blocked tube. She has decided that the treatment that best suits us is IUI. However, because of my #'s and my blocked tube she is going to put me on extra strength fertility medication to better our chances.
All blood work, exams, HSG, consultation.
Erica Anspach Will
Carmel

Their office [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very clean and warm and inviting. The front staff is very sweet and welcoming. They run late at times, but that’s to be expected I think. They always answer the phone during business hours and are available to talk to.... I believe our unmedicated cycles were around $800 per cycle. Our medicated cycles were around $2,500 per cycle. Our donor sperm was $1,000.... Dr. Will and his nurse Emily are great to work with
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Their office is very clean and warm and inviting. The front staff is very sweet and welcoming. They run late at times, but that’s to be expected I think. They always answer the phone during business hours and are available to talk to.
Dr. Will and his nurse Emily are great to work with and are always available to answer questions. They are friendly and very compassionate, especially with your disappointments.
She is fantastic! She’s always in a good mood, talkative, walks you through things step by step, and very positive attitude overall. We love her! She always calls back with answers very quickly as well.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very calm when talking to us about the procedures and success rates. He would joke around as well to lighten the mood at times. He always remembered my name when he would see me at the counter. He is always very nice to talk to about the hard experiences in this process.
Expect the best from him, because he will give you that!
The first two IUI cycles we just used Letrazole because we wanted to try a more minimal approach first. The next two IUI cycles we used Letrazole, Follistim shots, and a trigger shot of Ovidrel. The last two IUI cycles we used donor sperm, due to low sperm count of husband, and used the same drugs as before. All unfortunately resulted in no pregnancies. We are looking into IVF now.

2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
They [MW Fert Spec] are very responsive to calls and emails. They get back to you really quickly and they are pretty friendly as well....They forgot to tell me they were automatically going to do ICSI, which is an additional charge....I paid almost $15000 for my failed cycle. There would have been additional costs associated with the transfer and PGS testing....Be sure to ask about your exact costs. Make sure you are charged correctly especially if you have insurance.
Native American, Other
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Be sure to ask about your exact costs. Make sure you are charged correctly especially if you have insurance. They are very responsive to calls and emails. They get back to you really quickly and they are pretty friendly as well.
Dr Bopp always personally called me or gave me any bad news or important news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Adria)
Adria was always well prepared and responded timely almost all requests. Cheryl seems a little more unsure about things but she was always friendly.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He called or spoke with me personally on all the important milestones. He always explained everything very well. He also gave very good statics to help me better understand my odds. Dr Bopp explained the process and odds very well. He was always polite and compassionate.
Be sure to ask questions and get your odds/statistics of own success. I liked knowing my odds before even starting.
The protocol included birth control, centrotide, hcg and follistim. They retrieved 8 eggs, 4 mature and all 4 fertilized with ICSI but none made it to blastocysts by day 7. The cycle failed to produce any blastocysts to send for PGS testing.
I paid almost $15000 for my failed cycle. There would have been additional costs associated with the transfer and PGS testing. I was quoted around $20000-$22000 for the entire cycle which could vary depending on the medications.
The doctor prefers to transfer only one PGS tested embryo at a time. His goal is to get every patient one healthy Singleton and to have a healthy pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
We did a program [at MW Fertility Specialists- Carmel] that was $20,000 with a guarantee or 80% of your money back if was 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen (if available) it only took one fresh cycle... .The clinic hours can seem short, but they always get you in when needed for the important parts, even on holidays. They are easy to contact with questions. There were no surprises with billing we always new ahead of time the cost and what to expect.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
At 9 weeks after we were pregnant and released to my regular obgyn, I began bleeding heavily. We went to the local ER where the Dr said I had lost the baby and needed a D&C. They wouldn't do an ultrasound or heartbeat check (to early for those they said) so I called Dr. Colver and he got me in immediately and did an ultrasound himself, this is usually done by a tech, but he was there the whole time. Turned out the baby was perfectly fine, my body had just developed a large pocket of blood. He looked after me for a few more weeks before releasing me. If I would have listened to the local ER I wouldn't have my perfect 5yr old boy now. The care of the Dr. and staff was always so caring. He could have choose not to take me back or be there for that last minute appt., but he was. He also called after my son was born just to check and see how everything went and how we were both doing. They were open whenever you needed to be there, so if your retrieval fell on memorial weekend (like mine) that's when it was, there wasn't a sorry you'll have to wait thing. Also when calling the nurse for questions or just worrying about medication she always promptly returned my calls.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The nurse always returned any calls promptly. She was very helpful in showing and explaining medicine and plans of action. Very compassionate when any problem arose.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very straightforward and honest, I felt. He didn't sugarcoat it and he had a plan of action after the consultation. I wanted to know what to expect and timelines for everything and he provided it. After 7yrs with other doctors I wanted action and that's what I got. I felt he was involved or accessible throughout even if I didn't see him every appt.
If honest and to the point is not something you are fond of, he may not be the doctor for you. Your Dr is also not needed every step of the way, but some may like that. He was there when it matter and counted.
IVF with ICSI was used,due to very low sperm motility 1% chance on our own. Don't remember the drug protocol but I produced 12 eggs for retrieval 5 were viable after 5 days and 2 implanted the other 3 didn't survive day 6 for freezing. 2 implanted were a B grade and 1 survived healthy baby boy born.
We did a program that was $20,000 with a guarantee or 80% of your money back if was 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen (if available) it only took one fresh cycle.
Carmel

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinics [Midwest Fertility Specialist] strengths to me were that it was clean and efficient. Weaknesses are getting any kind of information in a timely manner if you aren't currently cycling. You also get treated differently if you are doing IVF versus IUI.... I felt that the nursing staff was fine. At times, I felt rushed or that I was asking too many questions.... I don't feel as though I was monitored enough for my IUI and it ended up being cancelled because I ovulated naturally.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinics strengths to me were that it was clean and efficient. Weaknesses are getting any kind of information in a timely manner if you aren't currently cycling. You also get treated differently if you are doing IVF versus IUI.
If you were in the middle of a cycle, they definitely dedicated more of their attention to you and treated you like a human than if you were not in the middle of a cycle.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
At first, I felt that Dr. Bopp was very compassionate and genuinely cared about all of his patients. When my test results started coming back with numbers that were indicating DOR, he seemed to steer me in a different direction than trying to help. He even told me that I probably had no good eggs and IVF wouldn't work for me and that I should consider donor eggs or adoption.
If your stats look good on paper, than Dr. Bopp is a good doctor for you. If you are a very challenging case, I feel as though he may deter you from IVF so as not to hurt his overall success rate.
We did 3 IUI's and did low dose Gonal. My 3rd IUI got cancelled because he stimmed me so long and I ended up ovulating naturally.
Each IUI was $1700 IVF w/meds would have cost around $23-25k
Fort Wayne

There has been some confusion [at Midwest Fertility] over the type of donor sperm to order. I have been told that IUI or ICI ready are both fine, but also told to use IUI...As long as I see Dr. Reuter or her nurse I feel like I get very personal care. Unfortunately, there have been times when I have seen other nurses in the office and haven't felt as much like a human...Shelly is great. She takes time to explain things, answer all of my questions and really listens.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter is very knowledgeable, thorough and is comfortable with aggressive treatment which I appreciate. She will share details if she knows that is what you want, but doesn't seem to do that naturally. She listens to your concerns and adjusts her style based on those. Overall, I have been very pleased with Dr. Reuter's care.
Make sure that she understands your expectations and the level of communication/detail that makes you comfortable.
I began treatment with Letrozole and IUI. The first round of treatment produced 1 follicle, but was unsuccessful. Our next round of treatment we moved to Follistim 100 IU, we still got 1 nice follicle, but the cycle was unsuccessful. The next cycle we moved up to Follistim 150 IU and got 3 mature follicles and some smaller ones. The cycle was unsuccessful and I actually probably overstimulated because I ended up with a cyst and had to take a break for a month. This cycle we are doing Follistim 125 IU and will see how that works.
Carmel

They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are very kind there the only real problem we had was every time we would check out when leaving they charged us an arm and a leg without us knowing!!! It was crazy and we did 3 iui’s resulting in 0 children I wish he would have told us to just do ivf after iui number one... Nurses very sweet the prices are not clear. Doctors were good but not clear. Seems like it was a hard lesson learned with a lot of money spent
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Nurses very sweet the prices are not clear. Doctors were good but not clear. Seems like it was a hard lesson learned with a lot of money spent. I wish he would have told us to do ifv right away we would have done it! But instead we went through clomid and 3 iui’s with no result.
They are very kind there the only real problem we had was every time we would check out when leaving they charged us an arm and a leg without us knowing!!! It was crazy and we did 3 iui’s resulting in 0 children I wish he would have told us to just do ivf after iui number one... I feel like he didn’t really care he just wanted money.
There was one very good nurse she was the one who drew blood very very sweet and compassionate!!!
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Robert clover is an ok dr he has been practicing for awhile but he just cares about money and not results by the end of the iui’s and clomid we felt defeated and did not ever want to go back there. We felt like we were getting run for our money not helped...
Don’t go to him if you are not sure what you need. He will make you spend money that you don’t need to to do procedures that you can avoid.
Clomid I cannot remember the dosage and 3 iui’s with semen wash. No babies with a lot of money spent
Each iui was 900 plus the cost of medicine blood draw semen samples and wash
We did not do this but will be doing ivf with our new doctor very expensive... but we are praying for a little one.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Colver's nurse is always compassionate and remembers my history....The phlebotomist at Midwest Fertility is amazing. She is there 7 days a week and helps in the front office as well!...He [Dr. Colver] and his nurse always knew my name and my history. Even if I had to see another doctor's nurse, she always had all the information on my past history from my chart, so I didn't have to go through explaining everything again.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Colver personally called me to further explain any test results after I spoke to the nurse. He and his nurse always knew my name and my history. Even if I had to see another doctor's nurse, she always had all the information on my past history from my chart, so I didn't have to go through explaining everything again.
Dr. Colver's nurse is always compassionate and remembers my history. When I see other nurses, they too have a full understanding of my history. The phlebotomist at Midwest Fertility is amazing. She is there 7 days a week and helps in the front office as well!
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver explained everything to me and my husband fully. He answered all questions and took as much time as needed. We never have felt rushed. When we had setbacks, he personally called to answer all our questions.
Before seeing Dr. Colver, I had gone through several cycles of Femara without success. Dr. Colver started me on injections with a trigger shot and IUI. My first cycle I overstimulated so we could not proceed with IUI. I then had cysts left over, so we had to skip a cycle. The next cycle my injections were adjusted and we were able to complete IUI, but did not receive a positive pregnancy test. I had a cyst left after that cycle, so I'm currently skipping a month before hopefully trying another cycle of IUI with injections.
Carmel

All of the nursing staff [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was friendly...They always made time to answer all of your questions and walk you through every step of what was going on... I would go for a 7:00 am blood draw and then be back to work 2 1/2 hours away by 11:30. They were courteous and always knew where to find an answer if we had a question. They were especially helpful when we had to order our injections and were unsure of how to do that.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were very timely. I would go for a 7:00 am blood draw and then be back to work 2 1/2 hours away by 11:30. They were courteous and always knew where to find an answer if we had a question. They were especially helpful when we had to order our injections and were unsure of how to do that.
Everyone at Midwest was very friendly. They always made time to answer all of your questions and walk you through every step of what was going on.
All of the nursing staff was friendly and intelliagable. They were informed of our situation and were always prepared for our visit.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp was a great doctor. He explained everything well and was very upfront with us. I never felt like he was not being honest with our chances of getting pregnant. He always answered any questions thoroughly and directed us down the path he thought was best for out situation.
Ask lots of questions!
We began with ultrasounds and bloodwork. I then had a dye test done to check for blockages in my Fallopian tubes. After that we tried clomid again to attempt an IU I. That did not work so we began injections to attempt an iui. Out iui was unsuccessful. Our next step would have been it so ivf but we were unsure if that was the right choice st the time financially.
Our insurance did not cover any of our fertility treatment. I know my due test cost around $1500 and my injections were $700.

IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists- Fort Wayne] was amazing, everyone there was always willing to answer questions and help out, from billing to the treatment, you always knew if you had a question you would get an answer. They are welcoming and very good at making a hard experience a little easier.... We did 2 cycles of ivf with egg donation for both and spend about $40,000
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was amazing, everyone there was always willing to answer questions and help out, from billing to the treatment, you always knew if you had a question you would get an answer. They are welcoming and very good at making a hard experience a little easier.
Dr. Bopp did an amazing job making us feel like we where his number one priority. We felt safe and comfortable under his care.
The nursing staff was amazing! They always had smiles on their faces and knew us by name and where we were in our treatment. They helped make the experience amazing!
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp was amazing, he did an amazing job making sure we knew what was going on, and that all our questions where answered. We can never say enough good things about him. He is kind, caring and compassionate. We were never unsure of what our next step was and we knew if we had any questions we could call and he would answer them for us. When it was time to go to our normal dr. After I was 10 weeks along neither my husband or I wanted to go. Dr. Bopp was always professional but also down to earth and made us feel important. We are forever greatful for everything he did for us.
Come with plenty of questions because Dr. Bopp with answer them all.
We had to use an egg donor, which was my twin sister, in order to get pregnant. Once the eggs where harvested from her we then did ivf to get pregnant. It took us two rounds but where eventually successful.
We did 2 cycles of ivf with egg donation for both and spend about $40,000

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is nice and comfortable. If you go to the clinic in Fort Wayne for your treatment you will still have to make trips to Indianapolis for egg retrieval and transfer. The clinic in Fort Wayne is located in the same building as a pediatrician and it can be emotional seeing little ones when you are going through fertility treatments or a miscarriage...The nurses were wonderful! They always returned calls quickly and didn't make me feel silly for asking a million questions. All the nursing staff are caring and helpful.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is nice and comfortable. If you go to the clinic in Fort Wayne for your treatment you will still have to make trips to Indianapolis for egg retrieval and transfer. The clinic in Fort Wayne is located in the same building as a pediatrician and it can be emotional seeing little ones when you are going through fertility treatments or a miscarriage.
Dr. Clover is very friendly and sympathetic. He listens to your concerns and questions and doesn't rush you.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver is very friendly and optimistic, but sometimes a little too optimistic. He takes his time and really cares about you. As a Dr. I was very confident in his abilities. Like most doctors he doesn't explain things in detail unless you ask.
Be open about your questions and concerns.
4 rounds of IUI -Insemination, donor sperm,medication over $10,000 with no insurance coverage. 1 IVF- medication, monitoring,icsi, retrieval, and transfer- $11500 For IVF and icsi plus medications. I had insurance that covered almost everything so my total cost was about $2000. Plus the cost for my husband to have sperm retrieved through PESA
Dr. Colver approached is based on the individual patient. I had three embryos transferred, with his recommendation. Normally he recommends only one or two, but he felt it was the right move in my case. I delivered a healthy singleton.

2012 - 2013
Strength [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]: they have GOOD people! Weakness: it is hard not having full communication with the doctor every time, but I understand fully that they cant so all the hand holding, they have the big stuff. Sometimes you just feel like things are lost in translation...We participated in a program that cost $19,000 for up to 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles if applicable. We then paid for a separate fresh cycle after that.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strength: they have GOOD people! Weakness: it is hard not having full communication with the doctor every time, but I understand fully that they cant so all the hand holding, they have the big stuff. Sometimes you just feel like things are lost in translation.
In the beginning, when they start discussing cost, we definitely felt like a number. The relationship definitely built over our losses and having Dr. Bopp pray over us was unlike any doctor we had ever experienced, and needed it more than anything. He is such a gift, doing God's work.
They are wonderful. We only had 1 instance where I felt I wasn't heard and was brushed aside which then turned into a pregnancy loss. We addressed this with the doctor afterward and received clarification and compassion.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is so knowledgeable and so compassionate. When trials presented themselves, he was there to call me and pray over me when I would specifically ask to speak with him. There were moments that I needed him to hear me, and not my interpretation through the nurses. I had huge respect for him and how he helped handle any concerns we had and heartache we faced.
Trust him. Show him your faith, because his is strong and he wants to share it with you. He is so kind and understanding. He wants what is best for you and your family.
Too long ago.
Our situation was unique and we trusted his judgement.

10 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists-Carmel] have a good process in place to make things work as smooth as possible. The office staff could be a little more friendly but other than that they are all great. I had a few billing errors that I had to call about but most of them have been taken care of as of now.... Emily was great. She would call with results and updated when needed. She would respond to my emails in a timely manor.
10 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They have a good process in place to make things work as smooth as possible. The office staff could be a little more friendly but other than that they are all great. I had a few billing errors that I had to call about but most of them have been taken care of as of now.
Dr. Will called me personally to discuss results of test and discuss options. He was very honest with what he thought we should do.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very honest in what he thought we should do and the outcomes he thought we would get. He would call me to go over all test and results. He has plans on what we should do next to try again when we are ready.
He is very professional and will give you all the time you need to discuss things and understand what is going on.
we did an FET with Dr. WIll using embryos we transferred over from another clinic. There wasn't a lot that he could differently with them than any other Dr. We did do an ERA before the transfer to make sure the timing was correct.
He was more expensive than others in the area.
He gave us the option of transferring 1 or 2 since they were not tested.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Their [Midwest Fertility Specialists] rates are not high compared to the national average and they are expensive. They do natural cycles which makes it hard for planning. They are good at fitting people in, but our Dr. was on vacation or at conferences a lot he didn’t do any of our procedures!! They have 2 locations, if you do the Fort Wayne location your dr will not be there most days. ... They [nursing staff] were kind and pretty responsive. I liked the weekend staff more than the weekday staff.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Their rates are not high compared to the national average and they are expensive. They do natural cycles which makes it hard for planning. They are good at fitting people in, but our Dr. was on vacation or at conferences a lot he didn’t do any of our procedures!! They have 2 locations, if you do the Fort Wayne location your dr will not be there most days.
He was kind, but full of fluff. He didn’t have answers to most our questions and read our results to us without adding input.
They were kind and pretty responsive. I liked the weekend staff more than the weekday staff.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was nice, but didn’t seem interested in finding answers or going outside the box. We left the clinic for one that would help us find answers. When we found out our only embryo transfer failed, he wanted us to do another retrieval immediately (expensive) and the worst thing was even given the poor results he wanted to do the exact same protocol again!
He is willing to move forward with treatment quickly.
$17k for IVF ($6k meds), $3k additional testing $1700 per IUI
If frozen he only transfers 1 embryo, with fresh he will transfer two.
Carmel

[Midwest Fertility Specialists] Strengths: Good receptionists (very kind!), free coffee, lots of magazines, good phlebotomist, fast turnaround times. Weaknesses: You don't get to see the doctor very much. Sometimes it feels like you only interact with the nurse.... Just a few communication mix-ups, and sometimes it seems they forgot what I had said about my case in a voicemail.... She [nurse] was very frank, but she told me all the details
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She was always very warm and kind, but she also was frank about our chances conceiving. She told us that IUI would give us a ~5% chance, so we knew we wanted to go with IVF instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She was very frank, but she told me all the details and was always willing to answer any questions. I did call quite frequently to leave voicemails, but she always returned my calls promptly.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I liked her as a doctor, and I loved the clinic. But I didn't get to actually see her very much. I had to pay to have a phone consultation, which is fine, but I wish I could have seen her in person. My egg retrieval went smoothly, though we got fewer eggs than expected. However, I do have PCOS, which could have affected egg maturity.
Ask to see her more if needed. Speak up for yourself!
We did IVF with Menopur, Gonal-F, and Cetrotide. I did birth control for a while before starting. We did a Lupron trigger due to fears of OHSS. We got 7 eggs, 5 became embryos, and 3 were tested as PGS normal.
She prefers eSET, especially since I have no histories of pregnancy loss and am under 35.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Efficient, timely, comfortable. Most staff [Midwest Fertility Specialists] genuinely cares about helping you even though they are extremely busy. Front office, techs and nurses are usually prompt and kind. They’ve got a good system going to keep things moving for the most part.... Just a couple of insurance/billing confusions with the business office. Manager is a bit gruff... Sometimes seemed a bit more like a number among the nurses. They run a lot of the day to day parts of a cycle
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Efficient, timely, comfortable. Most staff genuinely cares about helping you even though they are extremely busy. Front office, techs and nurses are usually prompt and kind. They’ve got a good system going to keep things moving for the most part.
Very responsive and personable. Answered questions and felt like they generally wanted what I wanted.
Sometimes seemed a bit more like a number among the nurses. They run a lot of the day to day parts of a cycle and I often felt a little removed from the dr. I know he reviews everything but sometimes just would have felt better hearing directly from him.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We started out conservatively and looking back I may have liked to move to injectables a little sooner. He always responded to emails and questions and tried to explain things no matter how much I asked. Laughed and cried with me and genuinely wanted to help me grow my family in the most safe and efficient way possible.
Ask as much as you need to and be upfront and honest with your dreams and concerns.
Conservative start with ovulation monitoring and letrozole. Then moved to an injectable cycle. For next pregnancy, moved to IVF after 3 failed IUI cycles.
Upwards of 50-60,000 over the course of 4 years
Carmel

Sherri [a nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists-Carmel] was awesome. She was very compassionate and communicated with me every step of the way.... I was really intimidated to call the first time, but it ended up being no big deal and really like any other doc office. When I had bloodwork and/or ultrasound, I was usually in and out in 30 minutes or so, so I appreciated that. They also have early morning office hours for people that work.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Colver is very warm and has great bedside manner. When I went in to the clinic, people recognized me and all were very friendly.
Sherri was awesome. She was very compassionate and communicated with me every step of the way.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver was always very hopeful for us and gave a positive outlook. We felt like he was on our side. We did kind of wish he would have been a little more blunt about the likelihood of success and told us more why we were not having any luck.
Not with just Dr. Colver, but every doctor in this journey, educate and advocate for yourself.
We had 3 IUIs. We started with Femara and moved on to Gonal-f injectables. I responded ok-ish to Femara and got a BFN so we moved up to Gonal-f but still go two BFNs.
Everything was out of pocket for us. IUI with Femara - $1050; IUI with Injectables - ~$1700 + meds. I did 100iu of Gonal-f and it was around $900 for the meds.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I love how they [Midwest Fertility Specialists- Carmel] were very friendly in that stressful time it’s nice to see a smiling face. They got you in quickly which was great especially if you needed to get back to work. I hate that it’s an hour from my home.... I was able to transfer two embryos each time, I wish I was told the the percentage of getting pregnant with two babies wasn’t that much higher then if you just transferred one. I probably would have only transferred one at a time.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I love how they were very friendly in that stressful time it’s nice to see a smiling face. They got you in quickly which was great especially if you needed to get back to work. I hate that it’s an hour from my home.
She was very sweet and sat and talked to us before we went through any treatment and after our first transferred failed she met with us and talked about why and what we could do differently! I truly felt she cared and wanted us to have a baby!
It was my first time doing IVF and it was a ton of money so I was terrified of something going wrong and Shelly was amazing at answering my annoying paranoid questions!
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She was caring and compassionate. I truly felt she wanted this to work for us! After our fresh transferred failed she was caring! She was excited and caring when our first FET worked and I could tell she was excited for us! Unfortunately our final FET with our last embryo work but ended in miscarriage and she was very considerate of my feelings and even calling me on her personal phone to check up on me!
She is very soft spoken so listen carefully.
Our IVF was over 3 years ago I don’t remember the protocol very well.
It was close to $25,000 for IVF an icsi and for each FET (we had 2) it was $5,000
Carmel

They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are very easy to work with in terms of appointment times and scheduling. They see patients as early as 7 am! Nothing but positives so far. They allowed my husband to collect a semen sample at home, which was really helpful for him. The staff is all very courteous and professional.... Shelly is great at responding to phone calls and in answering questions in a timely manner....
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are very easy to work with in terms of appointment times and scheduling. They see patients as early as 7 am! Nothing but positives so far. They allowed my husband to collect a semen sample at home, which was really helpful for him. The staff is all very courteous and professional.
She directed most questions and statements to me, even though my husband was there as well. My husband asked questions, but she mainly just talked to me instead of addressing his questions.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We are still waiting to undergo egg retrieval and IVF (my husband has to undergo a separate procedure from a urologist first), but during our initial visit with Dr. Reuter, she gave us a lot of good information and options for treatment that would be best for us. She mainly addressed me and not my husband, which made him feel uncomfortable and not part of the process.
Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you need it.
We have not gotten to this portion of treatment yet, but she said that she prefers single embryo transfer, especially for our first IVF attempt and for my age (I will be 30 when we do our first cycle).

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Midwest Fertility makes this process so much easier. I was so nervous to call and make my first appointment. The receptionist was so kind when I called and had me in within a week. I truly feel like everyone cares. I feel like I am in good hands with Midwest Fertility.... The nurses are always so helpful. They are always willing to take the time to answer any questions I have and to make me feel at ease.... He [Dr. Will] was willing to listen to my concerns and suggestions.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I received individualized care.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My experience has been great so far. He was willing to listen to my concerns and suggestions. He was willing to adjust treatment according to my needs. He gave me options I had not considered. After my negative test result, he called me and assured me he would work hard to meet my goal of a successful transfer and pregnancy. I feel confident that He will give me the best care possible to ensure success.
To trust in his advice
My protocol was estrogen (oral )from cycle day 2 to thicken lining ;progesterone support six days prior to transfer; antibiotics and steroids in the four days prior to transfer; valium the day of transfer.
Around $7000 per cycle
Multiple frozen transfer was 2 maximum for me

Anovulation, Unexplained
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] were flexible with scheduling. The downfall- they're always behind towards the end they started closing Sunday so you had to drive to Carmel for treatment. Had issues where prescriptions aren't sent in... Most of the nurses are great-brook is a favorite. Shelby was not very delicate with iui and she was constantly running behind... Consultation 150 Iui 1200 Injectable iui 2000 Ultrasound 200 Meds-depended on cycle. Download goodrx it was cheaper than my insurance. All prices above are out of pocket
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were flexible with scheduling. The downfall- they're always behind towards the end they started closing Sunday so you had to drive to Carmel for treatment. Had issues where prescriptions aren't sent in
Dr will ws extremely friendly and carrying. He listened to all concerns.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will genuinely listened. He took time to explain everything. He answered all of our questions. At the beginning I felt more confident in his plan than at the end. Towards the end he made me feel my only option was ivf.
Research your options. Ask a lot of questions.
Letrozole before bed and timed intercourse . No success Letrozole and iui. 3rd day monitoring, no success Letrozole, global f, ovidrel iui, progesterone no success

Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Sometimes they [Midwest Fertility Specialists] seem a little understaffed and appointments can be chaotic. Times where there aren't enough rooms and we are having to move. The staff should be mindful that not every appointment is a happy appointment. For example, after our miscarriage, we had to go in for multiple blood draws to make sure our levels were depleted and a couple staff members were still congratulating us.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Sometimes they seem a little understaffed and appointments can be chaotic. Times where there aren't enough rooms and we are having to move. The staff should be mindful that not every appointment is a happy appointment. For example, after our miscarriage, we had to go in for multiple blood draws to make sure our levels were depleted and a couple staff members were still congratulating us.
There are times when they haven't read our chart and ask us questions that they should already know. For example, prescriptions they say they want to "try" but are currently on them b/c they have been prescribed by them.
Shelly is always available. Takes some time to get to know her, but now we are comfortable with her.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I think at times she doesn't read the charts before seeing a patient. When she is in there, she doesn't seem rushed. She has been receptive of feedback we have provided and we feel like she has taken action based on that feedback.
Be patient, this is a long process, but ask questions
We did 4 IUI's first with fertility drugs, now we are on our 2nd IVF with injectable fertility drugs, egg retrieval and transfer. Our first IVF we miscarried.
We had $15,000 from work, then the rest was out of pocket
We hope to do multiple embryo transfer this time
Carmel
The facility [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is clean and inviting. The doctor is the one who gets you from the waiting room (which is something I appreciated and never experienced before). The doctors and nurses and kind, caring, and patient. The rest of the staff is very kind and courteous... Emily [a nurse] is awesome and great with communication. She usually calls me with results as soon as she gets them. If not, she calls me back promptly every time.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The facility is clean and inviting. The doctor is the one who gets you from the waiting room (which is something I appreciated and never experienced before). The doctors and nurses a