Midwest Fertility Specialists

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
12188-A N. Meridian St.
Noblesville
395 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
317-571-1637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 37Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 78.7
Most times, I was in and out of the clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] promptly...I always had plenty of time with the Shelly [nurse]. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX...Due to specific male factors, we knew we would have to either use IUI or IVF. The chances with IVF were higher, and we went with this course of action. Dr. Reuter was a little surprised I think, but supportive. 8 eggs retrieved, 6 progressed to 5 day maturity, 2 came back with chromosomal abnormality meaning we had 4 for implantation. First implant was unsuccessful. Next 2 implants resulted in pregnancy. Each time only 1 embryo implanted.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
With fertility treatments, everything can change in a day. Most times, I was in and out of the clinic promptly. Sometimes a lot of people would end up needing to come in on a Monday, schedule any visits you can on a non-Monday. You should be aware that you will be there for an hour each time; usually because you will have blood drawn, an ultrasound, and a consultation. I feel like for all 3 of these things to get accomplished within an hour is good timing for any doctors office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Rueter was very kind during every step. She explained all the choices we had during our first meeting, and then accepted our choices for what direction we wanted to take. We have had early complications during our 2 positive IVF cycles. Dr. Rueter was very compassionate and willing to do anything that she thought would put me to ease and help us with our chances of a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
I always had plenty of time with the Shelly. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter explained everything (other than the medication; that information was explained by the nurse). I truly felt like she cared about our outcomes, my feelings, and everything in between. She told it to us "straight up", but with as much love as possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
The egg retrieval will be more painful than you expect. You are under sedation when it takes place, but I was not aware that I would be sore/ in pain the next day.
Describe the protocols Laura Reuter used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Our insurance covered most of the charges. We did have co-pays for visits and medication. Some medication was hard to obtain (due to our insurance) and we paid out of pocket. Even with coverage, we still paid over $2000 for each IVF cycle/implant.
Describe Laura Reuter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Since we did PGS testing, the clinic / Dr policy is to only do eSET. We ha no issue with this.
2013 - 2018
This clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr Colver was really invested in helping my husband and myself achieve a pregnancy. We conceived our daughter on our first IUI. We've been trying to conceive a second child and done three IUIs with no successful pregnancy yet. Dr Colver was happy to send us on to another clinic that had a lower cost IVF. Even though he would no longer be following our care, he wanted us to get pregnant regardless of it was under his care or not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Papps)
The nurses truly cared for their patients in my experience. I will say sometimes it took quite a while to get an answer back if you left a message. But when you called they always followed up and f they didn't know the answer they asked the doctor. Sherri really cared about the success of her patient's cycles.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver has a wonderful bedside manner. I will say I felt like I really had to stay on top of my treatment details, but I think a large culprit of that was that I was treated at my local obgyn office for ultrasounds as well so information was filtered to his office. Dr Colver's biggest goal was to get me pregnant whether that was with his practice or somewhere else. That says a lot about a doctor and his goals for his patients vs. just treating everyone as a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be on top of your treatment details. Keep a datebook of protocol/treatment. Ask questions if you don't understand something.
Describe the protocols Robert Colver used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr. Colver used a combination cycle of 7.5 mg femara and 112.5-187.5 Gonal F for 4-7 days for my IUI cycles. This protocol worked for our doctor so we continued it trying for our second child. His rationale was it worked previously and I was consistently producing 1-3 mature follicles so we continued. The first two IUIs I had a chemical pregnancy. The third IUI cycle I actually started ovulating on my own so we had to do an emergency IUI 1-2 days earlier than expected. I truly believe I would have gotten pregnant had a been given medicine to prevent early ovulation. It may have also allowed me to produce more eggs. Because of my PCOS diagnosis, I may have several eggs that aren't truly healthy so producing a few more eggs wasn't off a big concern to me as I've always product several and only had a Singleton tegnwncy carry to term.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I believe bloodwork to test my estrodial number was approximately $200 and my IUI procedure was $500.
Describe Robert Colver's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Not applicable as I had IUI cycles
Carmel
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.... From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is a great doctor. She is so caring and understanding and so is all of her staff. We may not have gotten pregnant yet, but I am so grateful for all of them and for making the most difficult time in our life a little easier. We are doing one more IUI with injectables in April and if it’s not successful we will be done for a while. I have talked to Dr. Erica Will about IVF, but we don’t have near the amount that we need for the treatment. We don’t have insurance coverage and have paid $10,000 for our IUIS. My fiance had to get another job so we can afford just the IUIS. We continue to pray every single day. No matter what, we will always be grateful for everyone at the Fort Wayne Midwest Fertility Specialists Clinic.
The nursing staff is just as great as Dr. Erica Will. I could cry when I talk about how great they all are. They were born to do their jobs. They’re nothing short of amazing and I will forever be grateful for all of them no matter if I have a baby or not from the treatments we do there.
How was your experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is an amazing doctor. I am so grateful for her for being so caring, trustworthy and understanding. I will never forget when she said “We will get you your family.” That will forever stick with me. I wanted to burst into tears at my appointment but I held them back until I was done with my appointment. I may be heartbroken now, because we are starting our final IUI next month and I’m holding on to a little bit of hope still, but it will get better. I will try to apply for IVF grants and pray that we get lucky. We have come so far and it’s hard to give up now.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is very understanding and was up front about my situation. As hard as it is to hear some things, she knows how to say it with empathy where it doesn’t hurt as much.
Describe the protocols Erica Anspach Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I am 25 years old and my ovarian reserve is 1.05. It’s slightly on the lower side for my age. I don’t ovulate regularly and I used Femera and did 3 IUIS with trigger that were unsuccessful. I did 1 IUI with Femera and Gonal f with trigger and Progesterone that was also unsuccessful. The 5th IUI I did was straight injectables with trigger and then Progesterone that was unsuccessful. Today I had to take a pregnancy test to see if this IUI worked and it was negative, so I’m having a really hard day and this is how I came across this website. When you are in desperate need of help for the next step of treatment you would do anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My fiance and I don’t have insurance so we have been paying everything out of pocket. From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.
Erica Anspach Will
2013 - 2018
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.... Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr.Will is so genuine in how he cares for you, from the delivery of the news that IVF was our only option, throughout the entire process. So much we were so sad we wanted to stay under his care through delivery. We have developed such a positive doctor patient relationship with him. He explains each step so you can understand and always makes us feel comfortable to ask any question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly and restored my confidence in how I was feeling. She was wonderful. My nurse this second round is Emily and she’s wonderful as well. They have a great team and Midwest Fertikity.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Being dealt the cards that IVF was our only option to conceive was heart breaking, earth shattering, you name it we felt it! I could not have imagined going through this process with any other doctor. We are so grateful to have been matched up with Dr.Will. He is everything and more you would ask in a fertility doctor. He is compassionate, empathetic, and is so wonderful at communicating. Our first IVF wasn’t the easiest road after we were pregnant, as we had a lot of scares and each time we came in you felt his genuine care to make sure we and the baby were okay. Words aren’t enough to explain how wonderful Dr.Will is as a person and as a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
That you couldn’t be in better hands and to not be afraid to ask any question even if you feel it’s a crazy question. Dr.Will will always make you feel comfortable.
Describe the protocols Matthew Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF. We had done all the pre testing including the dye in my Fallopian tubes and thankfully everything looked good on my end. We had daily injections leading up to the egg retrieval. Then went into a fresh transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and thankfully one attached. During the pregnancy I was overstimulated to the point my stomach was distended and I was collecting liquid. I had to be sent to have a procedure done to release the liquids. I also became dehydrated and had to be put on an IV of fluids, but thankfully that was also the day we found out we were pregnant. So it made that not feeling so well feel amazing! I also had unexplained bleeding throughout my first trimester so I was on close watch throughout with ultrasounds and as a result Dr.Will kept me on longer as a patient before turning me over to my OBGYN, which we greatly appreciated. We felt so cared for that it felt like a family member taking care of us versus a doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
First round about $15,000 this round about $21,000
Describe Matthew Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
No comments. I trust Dr.Will’s recommendations and follow them.
2013 - 2018
It's a nice office [MW Fertility Specialists]. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here... I'm not a fan of nurse Shelly. She's impatient, kind of cold, and hard to talk to. She does make me feel rushed when I see her and I don't like that. But she follows Dr. Reuter's directives so I go with her when I have appointments.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It's a nice office. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here.
She always takes time to answer my questions, which I really appreciate. She makes sure I understand what's going on before our appointment is over. I like that she doesn't make me feel rushed. She also asks about my son, who I conceived under her care, and I like that she remembers.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She's highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing! Now the cons. Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that. I was surprised to find out I have PCOS as I try for my second child. If I'd known that I would've modified my diet, tried different supplements, and otherwise try to minimize the effects of PCOS on my own. Another thing is she's kind of a fat-shamer. She always comments on my weight while I'm there and while I understand obesity impairs fertility I never get any advice other than "eat less." I'm obese, so clearly I'm aware it's a problem. I'd rather leave weight conversations to my PCP. Last con: she's very conservative with treatments. Again, I understand, the risks of multiples is high. But I wish she'd be more okay with twins if they happened. I don't particularly want to experience a multiples pregnancy but I wouldn't avoid doing an IUI with 3 or 4 follicles because of that concern.
Make sure you come with your questions. She will listen to your concerns and will address everything you ask. Just make sure you're prepared so you can take full advantage of the appointment.
I did 3 cycles with Clomid to start. They yielded 2-3 good-sized follicles with each cycle so I understand why she wanted to keep trying. Statistically you're likely to get pregnant in the first 3 IUI cycles without further intervention if you're relatively young and healthy. I didn't get pregnant, so she did an HSG to see if I had any tube blockages and the ramped up the medication to Femara + FSH. I didn't respond to Femara well and only had 1 follicle. That cycle failed. I did one more IUI with all FSH and that resulted in 2 large follicles (1 20 mm, 1 22 mm) and I got pregnant. I'm trying the same protocol again this month and hope it works!
$800-ish for an oral-medications cycle, $1500 for a FSH cycle.
If I were older and only had one shot to get it right, I'd be okay with eSET. But at age 35, if I had to do IVF I would transfer 2 embryos. The likelihood of both implanting isn't that great and I would rather risk twins than not have the procedure work at all. She said there's a 75% chance of getting pregnant with eSET but it's also prohibitively expensive for those not covered by insurance.
Carmel
Everyone at the clinic is friendly, helpful and generally nice! They are always willing to help get you on the schedule and comfort you if something is wrong. I have yet to meet someone there that I was not greeted with a smiling face and a warm heart.... Cheryl was a great nurse. Very organized, helpful and even let me come in and get my progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. Emily is a great nurse as well. She is kind, helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She always calls to give me answers to questions I have and help me find the best solution to medicine that I am taking.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Will is an amazing doctor. He is very considerate, helpful, and willing to sit and chat about treatments and options. He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and now it is Emily)
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. He explained everything that he was going to try to do and how each step would look. He is extremely caring, helpful, understanding and compassionate. I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos. They both stuck...amazing! Around 9 weeks, we found out that one of the embryos did not make it. Dr. Will was there the whole time during my ultrasound, holding my hand while I cried and comforting me and explaining to me what he thought had happened. After leaving, I felt a lot more at ease knowing what was going on and that he was going to monitor me extra to make sure the other baby would be safe. Now we have a little boy who we love dearly. He truly is an amazing man who cares deeply for each patient he sees and LOVES what he does!
Be yourself, tell him your fears and ask questions. He will always be there to answer them.
We did 3 IUI's that did not work. We moved onto IVF and used Follistim, Menopur, estrogen and progestrone. I don't remember the dosage though. We got 27 eggs, 22 matured, 11 fertilized and 5 made it to blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos on our fresh cycle. They both stuck and had heartbeats. Around 9 weeks, we lost 1 of the babies. We waited a year and a half and did a frozen transfer. This time, we only transferred 1 embryo. It did not stick. I was on 2 mg of estrogen 3x a day from day 2 of my period. On day 14 of my cycle, I started progesterone. (1.5 ml a day) I also had to take Doxycycline and Methylprednisolone 4 days before my transfer. (2x a day) We are going to do a mock cycle this time around to make sure that my endometrium is good and the right time for implantation. After that, we will try for another FET with just 1 embryo.
My insurance did cover some monitoring appts but other than that we paid out of pocket. It was around $10,000 for IVF plus my medicine which was probably around $4500. We also paid for some appts after I got pregnant which I can't remember what that came out to be. We paid around $2000 for our FET plus medicine (which was minimal...around $250) but it didn't work.
The first time we did IVF (fresh cycle), Dr. Will was ok with me doing 2 embryos. Our frozen cycle, he told me it was always up to me but he preferred I did only 1 embryo because of my age, my previous pregnancy and just the overall health benefits for me.
Carmel
The clinic [MW Fert Spec] is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long....The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online... We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long. While inconvenient, this is understandable given the staff's dedication to answering all questions until the patient is fully informed without rushing them out the door. Moreover, scheduling for them has to be difficult given the fact that with these kinds of treatments, patients are required to call in for a next day appointment all the time due to cycles and timing.
Dr. Will has been fantastic throughout the process. He's gone above and beyond what most doctors would do in terms of customer service. He spends as much time as it takes to answer all our questions without rushing us and he has even personally made calls to third-parties on our behalf to make things happen quickly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
My wife dealt with Emily the most, but she always felt informed and reassured after speaking with her.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
While we haven't had the results we hoped for yet, Dr. Will has been candid but caring throughout the process. He makes you feel like he is invested in our goal and genuinely cares. His customer service exceeds expectations and is dedicated to making sure all our questions and concerns are addressed.
I don't recall the specific drugs/dosages, but as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around. He was very thorough.
The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online (around $600 vs $800). IVF is obviously expensive, but the clinic's costs weren't out of whack with what we expected after researching online. We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
Carmel
Emily [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments...We paid $525 for each IUI...$1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strength: Great staff and facilities! Weakness: they get behind on appointments a lot; but after having one of those longer than planned appointments where they answered every last question to make sure we understood everything I know why they get backed up. And I appreciate them getting backed up if it's b/c of that.
Dr. Will is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with. He took the time to explain everything to us, making sure we understood, went out of his way to do things for us in our process and reminded us that this is possible and he'll do everything he can to help us achieve our dream. He made me feel human and every time we were with him it was just about us, not about what was happening the rest of the day or in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily Botich)
Emily was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments. She even marked an x on my butt for our trigger shot to make sure my husband gave me the shot in the right spot :). All of the nurses we worked with were informative and caring.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will went above and beyond my expectations for this journey. He was thorough in his answers, understood our nerves and helped to alleviate them. He made calls when it wasn't really his job to get paperwork completed (he actually called the fertility program we're working with to get our paperwork rolling b/c the office had limited staff due to weather). He called us even when he didn't need to b/c we had an odd appointment for an ultrasound and he wanted to make sure that we understood everything he takes into consideration and that he knows the techs all measure follicles differently (and he accounts for that) so he looks at the images taken too...not just follicle count and sizes they provided us (It really made us worry!). Every time we have met with him he is compassionate, understanding, thorough and fun. If you can't laugh with your doctor when you're going through this then who can you laugh with (especially when I told him I was going to create "infertility bingo" because I seemed to be checking all the boxes off of statistics related to infertility (1 in 4 miscarriages, 1 in 8 women have infertility issues, % of women with an inverted uterus, % of women who have a failed first IVF cycle, etc.) and that I wouldn't need the free space to win! HA! I can't imagine this journey with another doctor. Dr. Will is one in a million and we are lucky to have him on our side!
Ask any question you want to ask...be your own advocate...and know that he'll answer every last one of them. Don't be afraid to ask him...he's just the best! And be prepared for his laugh...it's amazing and brings a smile to your face!
Gonal-f 225 Menopur- 75 for the first 5 days and 125 for the next 7 Cetrotide- 125 HCG trigger shot 10 eggs retrieved/all mature 9 eggs fertilized 3 embryos made it to Day 6 blastocyst All 3 PGS tested and were all abnormal
We paid $525 for each IUI, insurance covered my blood work for each IUI but otherwise we had to pay $24K to the infertility program we used, $1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.
Carmel
It seems to be feast or famine at this office [MW Fertility Specialists-Carmel]...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.... Sherry is a very thorough nurse. During injection training she made sure I understood what I was doing as it was my first time. She worked with me on the price of medications and found a pharmacy that cost more than $1000 less than what my insurance wanted. She calls when she says she will, she answers all of my questions and deals with anxiety-fueled over chattiness with ease. She always hugs me at the end of our appointments, and makes me feel really positive about the potential outcome.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It seems to be feast or famine at this office...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.
When we met with Dr Colver, we felt that he really listened to us and what we wanted out of a cycle, what our goals were, and tried to understand our reasoning. Never once were we pushed into a treatment suggestion that we were uncomfortable with. He answered all of our questions, never made us feel dumb or self conscious about the questions, and we left feeling like we had a clear treatment plan that we could feel confident about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We met with Dr Colver because we are experiencing secondary infertility, and had sought fertility treatment via my OB in our former state. We told him what our issues were, showed him test results and explained former procedures, and asked him what his thoughts were. He took the whole picture of our situation into account when he made his recommendation as to how he would proceed, and it didn’t feel like a sales pitch, it felt like he wanted us to get pregnant in a way that we felt comfortable with and that we would also be successful with. He was willing to use logic and reasoning based on former test results and pregnancies to determine what, if any further testing was needed. When I went in for a baseline scan, the tech noticed that my c section scar was thin. Dr Colver personally came into the consult room to explain things to me, because I was freaking out, and reassured me that everything looked fine to proceed with injections and IUI.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what you want.
We are currently doing a femara/injection/IUI cycle. Dr Colver stayed that since I have been pregnant twice before, but struggle to ovulate on my own, that this was an appropriate treatment protocol vs going straight for IVF. He stated that since our only issue is PCOS, he feels confident that this method will be successful for us. Since this is our first round with his clinic, I understood that this cycle could be more diagnostic in nature. He started me out with 2.5 mg of letrozole, added on 50iu Follistim, and bumped that up to 100iu to get a good response. I have ovidrel as a trigger when my follicles and estrogen reach the appropriate level.
I’m not completely done with my cycle yet, but far my costs have been $32 consult $114 per ultrasound $700 medications
None
PCOS, Unexplained
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them.... Recently, I had issues getting my chart sent to my new clinic. Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them or one of the several other doctors is handling your case.
I did 4 IUIs with Dr. Will, however the only time I saw him or spoke to him was at our consultation and then our "next steps" meeting after 4 failed IUIs. We actually had a 5th in there that was cancelled due to too many eggs being released, and even then I was communicated with only by the nurses. Although the nurses were nice, I felt like they had no idea what was going on and I making decisions regarding my treatment plan that I am not qualified to do. I would have to remind them on the phone of what we had done in past months and what had worked or hadn't.
Emily was very friendly and nice, however I felt like she never knew what was going on. I had to remind her of past treatment plans, I wish she looked at my chart before calling. She was always in a hurry too - making me feel like I was taking too much time and there were too many patients to see. The BEST person at MWF is Minnie who took blood. She was the sweetest and made the entire process so much better.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very pleasant - I just felt like he was very one size fits all with his treatment plan. I did not like that we never spoke to him or even saw him during our 4 IUIs. I felt like since we were not doing IVF we weren't a priority.
To ask that he be the one to communicate and evaluate the treatment plan, not the nurses.
Each month we played with my dosage as well as the days we did the IUI - I honestly felt like I was leading the charge on this. I would provide my recommendation to the nurse and she would say "sounds good". Looking back, I cannot believe this is what happened! I am not the expert!
I believe the IUI itself was $1035 (plus drugs)
Carmel
[Nurses at Midwest Fertility Specialists] Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions...My post extraction meds didn't get called in to the pharmacy. It was easily fixed...[IUI] cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500... I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive...Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask.
He was very kind and explained everything in detail. He was available to answer my questions when needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Very easy to talk to you and approachable. He answered all of my questions without hesitation. He was not always available face-to-face, but would be available by phone. I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive
Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask. Ask for a detailed explanations of all the regimens, treatment interventions.
Initially, we tried letrozole with injections and are you why. After three rounds, we had no pregnancy. I conceived naturally in between the next cycle. When trying to get pregnant for the second time, I had to chemical pregnancies and return to the clinic for further care. He thought that since I had the ability to conceive, we would do just injections and timed intercourse. After two rounds of failure, we decided IVF because I am advanced maternal age. We had microdose Lupron with injections and only produced a small number of mature follicles. Only one egg fertilized and then arrested during development.
Initially are treatments were covered by insurance. Our insurance changed however and then we had to pay everything out of pocket. Are you why cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500
We never got this far
2014 - 2017
Shelly [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] is the one I talk to about my treatment during my cycles. She is also the one that performs the IUI, which I surprised about. She is always nice and helpful, but always seemed in a rush. I'm sure she is busy, so it never really bothers me. The ladies at the front desk are always so nice too. Minnie, the lady that takes blood, is the sweetest most caring person in that office! I love her! The ultrasound tends are also really nice. I always ask questions about what they are looking at and not one of them seemed bothered by it. They always make me feel comfortable during the exam.
2014 - 2017
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Clinic is clean and nice. I always feel comfortable there.
Although I didn't talk to Dr Reuter very often, the rest of her team was always very nice and made me feel comfortable. Dr Reuter was no different. When our only pregnancy ended due to a chemical pregnancy, she actually called me to break the news. She's always gentle and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly )
Shelly is the one I talk to about my treatment during my cycles. She is also the one that performs the IUI, which I surprised about. She is always nice and helpful, but always seemed in a rush. I'm sure she is busy, so it never really bothers me. The ladies at the front desk are always so nice too. Minnie, the lady that takes blood, is the sweetest most caring person in that office! I love her! The ultrasound tends are also really nice. I always ask questions about what they are looking at and not one of them seemed bothered by it. They always make me feel comfortable during the exam.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were diagnosed with unexplained fertility, and my husband had borderline low sperm count and motility. It was suggested that we go straight to IUI but because of financial reasons we asked to start with medicated cycles and times intercourse. Dr Reuter was very understanding and agreed to this treatment plan. We went thru 3 medicated cycles, then went on to an IUI. During those 4 cycles I think I only talked to Dr Reuter 2 or 3 times (initial consult, HSG test, and during one ultrasound). Although I didn't talk to her often, her staff was excellent. After those 4 cycles we had to take a break due to person reasons. We came back a year later and started again. When we had our consult, she came in with an IVF binder and told us that was our best option since it's been so long. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. It's like she wasn't giving us a chance and was maybe tired of treating us. She told us to think about it and have a decision by the time we did the first ultrasound. But, after my first ultra sound she found some polyps that needed removed so we couldn't start trying for about 6 months after my surgery. In that time, my husband started seeing a urologist (Dr Kovac) to try and better his numbers. We did this after doing our own research and talking with other people in online support groups. I wish Dr Reuter would have mentioned it to us, or told us that was an option. When we went back to Dr Reuter after those 6 months, she was very impressed with my husband's numbers and suggested IUI instead of IVF. Our 2nd IUI (5th cycle total) resulted in a positive, but after a few blood draws it was discovered to be a chemical pregnancy. Dr Reuter actually called me to give me the news, and was very warm and caring when we talked. We had a consultation a few weeks later and she said that she wanted to make sure my body and heart had healed from the loss. I loved that she cared about my emotions, and was understanding of them. She suggested that we continue with IUI. We told her that we had enough money to do 2 more, and that IVF may want an option for us financially. She was very understanding and never made us feel bad about our finances. *We're currently in the middle of our IUI cycle*
Be open and honest about how you are feeling, and ask lots of questions about things you don't understand.
3 medicated cycles with timed intercourse (5 days of Letrozole + Ovidrel Trigger Shot).. 2 IUI (5 days of Letrozole + 3 days of Follistim injections + Ovidrel Trigger Shot)... Current cycle &gt; IUI (5 days of Follistim injections + Ovidrel Trigger Shot).. All cycles were accompanied with blood work, a couple ultrasounds to monitor, and progesterone suppositories. All cycles resulted in negative pregnancies, except previous cycle that resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Insurance covered all of our blood work and ultrasounds (except copays). IUI is $525. We got our injectables from MDR or of California. Follistim 300 is $245 and one Ovidrel shot is around $80.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other
Cheryl George is the nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach"...This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors...Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.
European, Other
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors. I haven't had any problems with this clinic
Dr. Will is such a caring and compassionate doctor, but more, he is a realist. With infertility things don't need to be sugar coated. He was a tactful, straight shooter with our case. He is extremely sharp and truly cares for his patient's best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl George)
Cheryl George is the nurse I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach". I am so thankful for her!
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is the best! His care and drive to help couples to achieve their dream of having a child surpass other doctors! He takes his time with you to answer questions and is honest with you. You feel like more than just a number at this clinic and with Dr. Will. You are their priority.
He is a great doctor and will offer you honest, good advice or thoughts. Ask questions!
After 3 miscarriages from IVF, my RE at the time suggested considering using a surrogate to carry the baby due to my uterine anomaly (unicornate uterus). We transferred our embryos to Dr. Will's clinic (Midwest Fertility Specialists) for a surrogacy transfer. Unfortunately, 2 of our 3 remaining embryos did not survive the thaw (due to the transfer of the embryos from clinic to another clinic or the stress from PGS testing on the embryos). We will never know why the great quality embryos did not survive the thaw and that still is hard to swallow. The last embryo thawed but was very fragmented, Dr. Will thought it was good enough to transfer and we prayed and hoped, but unfortunately the transfer ended up as a negative pregnancy test. During this stressful and heartbreaking time, Dr. Will showed great compassion and willing to help any way he could. He is readily available for questions and his care for his patients is truly amazing. We currently are in waiting process to save up enough money to try IVF again with a surrogate (who is my willing sister) since with are completely out of embryos.
Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.
Male Factor, Other
Midwest Fertility is very organized and professional. Everyone I have interacted with so far has been wonderful. Due to the size of the clinic, you may end up seeing other doctors (for example, another doctor had to do my egg retrieval due to scheduling) but I've been very impressed with everyone I interact with. I have full confidence that they are using state-of-the-art technology. Even though it is a larger clinic, every patient is treated like an individual.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Will is amazing. Whenever we meet with him, he gives us his full attention and is 100% focused on our situation. Dr. Will calls us personally to provide updates and is always up-to-speed on where we are in the process.
Emily is very responsive by both phone and email and always followed up on questions same-day. Emily is always very organized and never lets details slip through the cracks. Additionally, the lab nurse, Minnie, is the kindest, most supportive nurse and is a pleasure to interact with at monitoring appointments.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will has been a great doctor throughout the entire process. We came to him with a our diagnosis already, but his course of treatment has been thoughtful and professional. He always explains things fully and is 100% attentive during visits and with follow-up calls, including on weekends. I appreciate that Dr. Will advises single embryo transfer and is clear about the risk of multiples. He is proactive yet conservative in his approach.
Come to appointments with questions as Dr. Will will take the time to answer them fully for you.
I show no signs of female-factor infertility so Dr. Will used an agonist protocol. He reduced medications slightly during my stims to prevent overstimulation and used a combination trigger shot as well since I was growing 20+ follicles during my monitoring appointments.
We have no insurance coverage so all costs were out of pocket. We have paid for one full IVF cycle to date.
Dr. Will strongly recommends single embryo transfer. I very much trust his judgement on this issue and he does a very good job of explaining why he is approach our treatment this way. Dr. Will is very good about doing what is best for the patient vs. simply focusing on success rates.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through.... Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment....
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through. We developed some uncommon autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent losses and I had trouble getting anyone at the clinic to take a fresh look at our situation. They just kept pushing me to try IVF. We were able to conceive using ovulation induction/timed intercourse but couldn't maintain past 10 weeks. Strengths - This clinic has open hours 7 days a week, which is convenient for scheduling midcycle scans. I feel like the weekend or on-call staff is definitely not in the loop with each particular patient though.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Midwest Fertility is a very large practice. Specific appointments were required for simple blood draws. At my prior clinic, I could stop over for a blood draw at any time on a particular morning. When I would go in for midcycle ultrasounds, I rarely had the same ultrasound tech and the measurements varied wildly between techs, which was frustrating. The staff didn't know my name. The check out person always looked surprised/confused when I told her my name, even after going there for three consecutive treatment cycles. I always tell people that I liked Dr. Bopp but was very unhappy with the treatment at Midwest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Robin or Robyn)
Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment. The ultrasound techs who did the mid-cycle scans were inconsistent with the way follicles were measured. I rarely saw the same ultrasound tech during each treatment cycle. I felt like they tried to get patients in and out the doors as quickly as possible, without a personal connection or thorough review of their situation.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is one of the warmest and caring doctors that you'll ever meet. He gave me a hug at our first appointment with him. I really like him as a person and it's clear that he really cares for his patients. He is very intelligent and intellectually curious. I went to him essentially for a second opinion after developing a recurrent loss issue that I suspected was due to immune factors. We had a really good conversation about where he stood on the immune protocol and whether he would be willing to coordinate remotely with a RI. I really loved working with Dr. Bopp. My frustrations and disappointment came after dealing with the staff and the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Go in with written questions. Dr. Bopp is a good listener and will ease the mind of someone who is feeling anxious about the process. He is so warm, so caring, and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Bradford Bopp used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr. Bopp used medication for ovulation induction since he felt that my primary issue was PCOS. We did low dose aspirin, Metformin (insulin resistance factor of PCOS even though my BMI is lower than normal), Letrozole, Follistim, and Ovidrel for the trigger. We did timed intercourse at home. I felt that Midwest/Dr. Bopp was not good at figuring out the right dose of Follistim to get my body to respond well. I saw Dr. Bopp after 9 previous induction cycles using Bravelle, which worked well for me under the care of another RE. Under Dr. Bopp's care (essentially, his head nurse), I didn't have as many ultrasound scans during the middle part of the cycle to gauge development, so my meds weren't adjusted as frequently as they were with a previous RE. As a result, we ended up with cancelled cycles due to under or over response, which was frustrating. I felt like it was due to a lack of appropriate or frequent monitoring, which is what I was used to at a prior clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest didn't bill anything to my insurance because "my policy didn't have infertility benefits". My insurance was the same as it was when I visited a different clinic but my costs were so much more through Midwest. The other clinic billed blood work and ultrasounds as medical procedures to my insurance, so many of them were covered. Midwest charged everything to me and was unwilling to submit to insurance. For example, blood work for progesterone and estradiol levels aren't specifically infertility related, as an OB or general practitioner can run those tests for general health problems. I felt like we were getting 'nickel and dimed' for every little thing through Midwest when that hadn't been my experience at the prior clinic for six fertility cycles. Also, Midwest makes the patient choose between paying for each service directly or buying a plan for that cycle. It's very difficult to determine which way would be less expensive because of the unpredictable way they mismanaged each cycle. For example, during one cycle, I had 9 midcycle ultrasound scans. The next cycle, they only did 1 midcycle scan. The plan option essentially was a good deal if there more than 4 ultrasound scans, but it was impossible to know how many scans would be needed for each cycle. In my opinion, the billing staff was unsympathetic and did a poor job of explaining the options for billing. Every time I had an appointment there, I had to pay at least $250 for whatever service. That was different than my experience at a previous clinic.
Describe Bradford Bopp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Shelly [a nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.... The communication was slow at times and that made it hard to interpret results and plan accordingly.... Facilities are very nice, easy to get to and comfortable. Weakness would be the time it takes to communicate back and forth with your Dr.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She seemed genuinely concerned about my emotions, my only complaint was that she was not always timely in returning my calls or reaching out to me. For example she didn't call to check on me for several days after I had a D & C following my successful FET. My baby had a heartbeat at 7 and 10 weeks but at 12 weeks had passed. I would have thought she would have wanted to consult with me immediately and check to see how I was doing. Instead I had to call her office to request to speak to her. I'm not sure how much of this was her control or simply information being passed around in the office before it got to her...
Shelly was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I felt like I was given high quality medical care by Dr Reuter and her staff. She was kind and caring in all of our encounters. Unfortunately after being treated for almost 2 years by Dr Reuter she still did not give me a formal diagnosis and I suffered 2 miscarriages and no living babies/successful pregnancies.
I feel like you need to be clear with what you expect from her treatment. Not only did I want to have a baby, but I wanted to know why I was having a hard time having a baby since I had conceived my daughter without fertility treatment. She focused her attention on getting me pregnant and not so much on figuring out why I wasn't getting pregnant.
I first had 3 cycles of timed intercourse with letrozole and a trigger shot and followed with crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I then had 3 IUIs with letrozole and a trigger shot followed by crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I got pregnant naturally on an "off" cycle between IUIs and was given crinone gel. Sadly I miscarried around 8 weeks. I had one egg retrieval where I took folistim. Of the eggs retrieved 9 fertilized and 5 made it to 5 day blasts. I then had my first FET transferring 2 eggs. I became pregnant with one baby. I was taking PIO injections daily. Baby was doing great and had a high heart rate at 7 and 9 weeks. However at my 12 week appointment the baby had passed and I had a D & C that evening. I waited 2 months and then had another FET with 2 eggs. Sadly neither took. I took a few months off and was preparing to use my last frozen embryo, but on the day of my transfer the embryo did not survive the thaw.
Facility fee Procedure fee Consult fee
I transferred 2 each time. My Dr said 2 was all she would approve given my age and the risk of having more than 2 babies.
Carmel
I just wish they [MW Fert Spec] would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full....But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal...Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I feel the first appointment is very overwhelming - I just wish they would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full. We were not prepared for that. Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
Although, at times we didn't meet directly with Dr. Colver we always heard from the nurse after she would talk with Dr. Colver. They would call back with-in the day with answers to any questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry )
I only had one bad experience with phlebotomist but it was more related to not being able to get a vein due to dehydration and being poked repeatedly. But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal - my husband and I felt like royalty.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Truly, we had a great experience with Dr. Colver, but with him covering several offices, he wasn't always there to meet with after ultrasounds, blood work etc. I feel he gave us ample time when he was in the office. He was very detailed but I am a researcher and always came with questions, comments etc.
Asks questions -- Be flexible -- Don't be afraid to call with questions.
Cycle One (which ended up being canceled due to low response) we started out with Menopur, Follistim, Ganarelix but I wasn't responding despite increasing dosage of Menopur and Follistim so Dr. Colver canceled it. Cycle Two -- we began with Lupron and then added in Follistim and Menopur. We triggered the day before transfer with pregnyl. I ended up needing a suppository as well. I responded much better - although I had 11 follicles, they were only able to reach 8 of them.
The pharmacy costs are high and when medication changes there wasn't a refund - total medication costs: $7,000. IVF - 12,000-13,000 with $3500 for frozen transfer. PGS costs were around 700...
Dr. Colver would only transfer one embryo due to an existing heart condition. But I only had one viable embryo after PGS.
Carmel
[Midwest Fertility Specialists staff were] Very good at communicating and at explaining everything to us. We had time to ask questions and met with the dr whenever we needed or wanted to discuss anything. Only negative was cost. Very expensive.... I did follistim injections due to a missing tube bc of a previous ectopic pregnancy. I had great AMH numbers and responded well to the medicines. I went in for ultrasounds pretty regularly and he'd adjust my medication to either slow down growth or speed it up. The goal was to produce enough good follicles on my good tubed site to do timed intercourse. This resulted in one baby which we miscarried. I went back for additional treatments using same medication with IUI. Due to cysts we could only do every other month (and my overuse would recover a month). In our month off we got pregnant naturally with our daughter who just turned one.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
He always had the time to sit down and talk to us. He gave us hope, but he was real with us. When we lost our pregnancy or talked about previous loss I really felt her sympathized with us and wanted to bring us our rainbow baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was amazing. Answered every question and took as long explaining things as we needed.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I loved working with Dr Bopp. He treated us like people. He explained what his thoughts were and what he was planning. If there was a set back he'd adjust. We didn't do many iuis with the clinic but the nurses performed those. While I would prefer Dr.Bopp to do them, they were on short notice and weren't originally planned. I can't comment on if he'd do them if it was scheduled in advance.
Be ready to hear the truth. He'll tell you with compassion but he lays out the facts so you can develop a plan.
About $496 for the ultrasound and blood work. $300-400 for the IUI. I don't remember the cost for each thing individually.
We didn't do ivf
Noblesville
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
My primary nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her...
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The level of patient care provided by the staff at Midwest Fertility is unparalleled. They do an extraordinary job of taking care of you and your needs.
He was extraordinarily attentive, kind, compassionate, and empathetic. (For example, six weeks passed between my first and second appointments with him, yet he noticed I'd changed my hairstyle in that time!) He is warm and personable. He's a hugger. He laughed with us, cried with us, prayed for us, hoped with us - I cannot speak highly enough of him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
My primary nurse, Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were referred to Dr. Bopp by my OB for recurrent miscarriage testing after our first two pregnancies, both of which were conceived without assistance, ended in miscarriage. After testing uncovered no diagnosable reason for our losses we were unable to become pregnant again on our own, at which point Dr. Bopp conducted a couple more tests and we proceeded to fertility treatments. Over the course of about five years as his patients, we went through one cycle with injectables (an IUI had been planned but I ovulated early); five cycles of injectables plus IUI (one of which ended in miscarriage); four egg retrievals for ICSI/IVF (one with PGS) and transfer of fresh embryos (two of which ended in miscarriage); three frozen egg transfers; one IVF cycle that was cancelled prior to retrieval because I ovulated despite being on Lupron; and ultimately one IVF cycle with donor egg that resulted in the transfer of two fresh embryos and the birth of our child. As I said earlier, Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked. We never felt he was recommending unnecessary procedures. When I asked about research or information I'd found online, he patiently discussed the pros and cons with us. I felt like my husband and I were 100% part of the TEAM providing our care - treatment decisions were made together WITH Dr. Bopp, not BY Dr. Bopp. When we reached the point where he felt we'd be better served by going to a famous clinic in another state that was able to offer PGS testing of embryos (because the technology wasn't available at his clinic at that time, though it is now), he was the one who suggested that we go there - our success was more important to him than his success rate was, and he and his staff were happy to work with the out-of-state clinic on sending our records and coordinating care. (We did go to that famous out-of-state clinic - we had a terrible experience there, which I will cover in a separate review. Our cycle there was unsuccessful and we returned to Dr. Bopp for one last try.) When it became evident we were more likely to have success with donor egg than with my own eggs, he was fully aware of how devastating that news would be to us; he delivered it with gentle kindness and he never pushed us during the long months it took us to become comfortable with proceeding. When we became pregnant, he was as overjoyed as we were. We did not see him at every appointment, but to be fair, it's not really necessary to see the dr at every appointment - my nurse performed my IUIs, and a sonographer performed my monitoring ultrasounds during cycles. I never had any problem scheduling time with him for consults when I needed them. He performed each of my egg retrievals and all but one of my embryo transfers (which he missed due to an illness). He performed my HSG himself as well as my hysteroscopy. When I was pregnant, he was at every ultrasound with us before I was released to regular OB care.
You're in good hands. Trust him. He will not steer you wrong. He truly wants you to have the family you desire.
He spent a good deal of time discussing the risks of multiples with us prior to starting our first IVF cycle, and each of those risks were outlined in detail in the consent forms we had to sign prior to each cycle. At our first transfer, we had three good embryos available for transfer (one 5AB and two graded 5BB); we chose eSET and he was very supportive of that. (That fresh transfer resulted in miscarriage, and the subsequent frozen transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test.) At our second fresh transfer, we had four good embryos available and this time he recommended eSET; we agreed. (That transfer and the subsequent frozen transfers resulted in negative pregnancy tests.) As time and cycles and negative results went on we got more aggressive with our embryo transfers. My husband and I always felt we were very much part of a team WITH Dr. Bopp making these decisions.
Carmel
Midwest Fertility is a large office. They communicate well, and worked well with me when I needed to be "fit in" to the schedule. It is clean and everyone working at the front desk treated me with respect and understanding. I am glad I chose Midwest...IVF "shared risk" plan was $20,500, which included two fresh IVF cycles (if needed) and unlimited frozen cycles. Medication for IVF (one fresh one frozen cycle) was around $5,500 total. I don't remember how much we spent on IUIs. Ultrasounds were about $600 each when they weren't included in the "shared-risk" plan.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She was very nice and even gave me a hug at our last visit when we saw our twins on the ultrasound!
Shelly was nice, but I felt like she was in a hurry to get off the phone with me every time she called me with an update. She would always answer my questions, but I wanted her to be more patient at times. I'm sure she was very busy, so I didn't let it upset me.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She was very knowledgeable and quirky. The only negative was sometimes I wanted her to explain more. I didn't get to talk to her very often. I usually had to speak with her nurses.
Be patient. Do your own research and ask LOTS of questions at your first appointment, so you'll have enough information to make choices about how to proceed with your fertility treatment. As someone with unexplained infertility, we had quite a few options. Doing my homework helped us understand the process and the risks.
We did two rounds of IUI with injections. No luck with those. We could have done another IUI, but I was frustrated because we didn't have any problems with eggs/sperm, so we went on to IVF. We chose not to do ICSI even though it was recommended, because we wanted "nature" to take its course instead of having someone pick the best sperm. First IVF fresh cycle went well, but ended in a chemical pregnancy. Medication costs were higher than expected because my body needed help producing more follicles/eggs. Just know that YOU will be expected to order more medicine, not your doctor. That surprised me. Second cycle was frozen cycle with our final two embryos. We now have beautiful fraternal twin girls!
Carmel
The check out receptionist [Midwest Fertility Specialists] was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.... She [nurse] was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The check out receptionist was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.
Dr. Will was caring and elaborate in his comprehensive explanation of what the process would entail and was upfront with the potential issues we might encounter. He was kind enough to call (from his personal cell phone) and check on my wife throughout the process and was patient at every appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl )
She was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was our doctor up until 12 weeks at which point and time my wife had to transition to her OBGYN. This was an incredibly difficult transition as we had both grown so close to Dr. Will and his staff and weren’t quite ready to leave this team of incredible friends and supporters. We missed him dearly the rest of the pregnancy, however he did reach out to check on us a few times. He also made sure we sent photos of our twin girls to him once they arrived!
This process is an emotional roller coaster but Dr. Will and his staff will help you get comfortable each and every step of the way. It is a journey and the scientific advances are only a small part of the process as you will form new and lasting bonds with these people throughout this experience. I couldn’t give a higher endorsement of Dr. Will. We have referred several couples to his practice.
I don’t remember exactly (this was over 3 years ago now) He did inform us (with all the reasons and details) we needed to do ICSI because my husband had very low motility and mobility. He had my husband also give a sample before the transfer day and froze it just in case. And thank the Lord he did this because the sample he gave the day of was not adequate and couldn’t be used. Dr Will used the frozen sample and it worked.
Around $15,000
Dr Will told us he would not put more than 2 eggs back in any patient of his for safety reasons. He was very confident we would be successful only putting one embryo back, but said it was ultimately our decision. So we went big and put 2 back- and both took! :-)
Endometriosis, PCOS
he clinic [MW Fert Spec - Carmel]is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Dr Will was very caring and kind. He had a good bedside manner and took time to answer questions.
Dr Will's nurse was the primary reason why we left the clinic. We did not feel that she answered questions, and in fact would make us more concerned by providing information but then backing off from it, leaving us wondering what was going on.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We really enjoyed seeing Dr Will. He is very intelligent and caring . I did think he developed our treatment plan without considering all the factors that were important to us, which was a detriment. He was very responsive to emails.
Be clear about how your specific desires may change your plan.
Dr Will recommended 3 IUIs despite the fact that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. I knew he recommendation was IVF but he said we should try IUI first because "that's what you do." Dr Will recommended a combo injectable + oral ovarian stimulation regimen. I had four follicles the first IUI, 2 the second, and one the third. No pregnancy from the IUIs. Dr Will does not automatically use progesterone.
Monitoring and IUI for injectable meds - $1500 (plus meds)
Carmel
Overall, I didn't have a great experience [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Overall, I didn't have a great experience. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
I only spoke with Dr.Colver once in consultation. He looked at my past history and basically automatically concluded that I should be pregnant by now because there was no reason I shouldn't be pregnant. I know now (after seeing a different doctor and getting laparoscopy) that I was presenting with Endometriosis which is my chief reason for infertility. Dr. Colver explained IUI was my best bet at that point, of course that cycle failed. He was very kind, but I did feel somewhat like a number because it was like " just do this expensive procedure up to 5 times and you'll get pregnant, there's nothing wrong with you."
Most of the nursing staff was kind, but I had one issue with a nurse on a Friday late morning when I called in to tell her I had a early positive OPK. When she spoke with Dr. Colver and called me back, she said they were cancelling the IUI and that it was too early for me to get a positive and probably had too many follicles. When I asked if I could still come in for a scan just to see, she said no, you should have called earlier in the morning and we go home early on Friday's. Well, that's not very compassionate to an infertile woman who desperately wants a baby, is it? So my cycle was cancelled without so much as a scan or call from my doctor. I felt like a number, not a person.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr.Colver is kind, however I believe that he made a mistake in not diagnosing my endometriosis before proceeding with treatment. Since seeing Dr.Colver in early 2015, I was diagnosed (by an OB) and treated for moderate/severe endometriosis. I was recommended to do IUI right off the bat by Dr.Colver. My first cycle with letrozole was cancelled without being seen by the doctor or having a scan to check my follicles. Apparently getting a pos OPK on CD10 means you produced too many follicles... Okay... No call from the doctor himself, just a brusque call from the nurse on a Friday afternoon telling me I should have called earlier in the morning and my cycle was cancelled. I did one IUI and that failed. I moved on from this clinic because I decided that I wanted more consultation and I didn't have the money to continue treatment.
Do your homework. Be informed and ask questions. Unexplained infertility is rarely ever that.
IUI with letrozole- rationale : unexplained infertility - result: failed cycle
$800 for IUI
2013
The office [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is clean, modern and comfortable. I appreciated how personal and private it felt. Anytime I called, they were quick to get me through to my nurse or have someone call me back. We knew what to expect and what was happening when we arrived or before we left. They were curtious and understanding with a smile on their faces.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The office is clean, modern and comfortable. I appreciated how personal and private it felt. Anytime I called, they were quick to get me through to my nurse or have someone call me back. We knew what to expect and what was happening when we arrived or before we left. They were curtious and understanding with a smile on their faces.
Dr. Reuter was calm and patient with me when it was often a difficult situation. She explained things so my husband and I could clearly understand. From our first consultation to our last visit we knew exactly what to expect. We could call anytime we had a question or concerns. After I had a miscarriage, she told me the positives of the situation, even though the situation was devestating at the time and then personally called me a couple months after to check on me and see if we would like to try again. She and everyone else in the office was genuinely just as excited when we finally were able to conceive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Shelley)
Nurse Shelley was fantastic. I saw her every appointment and she was always available to help clarify any questions or concerns we had. The other ladies who did ultrasounds and helped with tests were also amazing. They were a great team and I was their focus at my appointment.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter was very professional. She took everything seriously and explained everything to us upfront. She explained all our tests and how hopeful our course of treatment would be. In the moment, I often thought she was a bit too professional and only told me things about each test or the next step. Never much more, but after I went through the experience, I understood and was completely grateful of how she is as a doctor. There are so many scenarios and what ifs, that I would have worried myself even more than I already was. She took all that and didn't let me fuss over things that may not matter. When I had a miscarriage, she was the one who told me that I did get pregnant, so that was very hopeful. While I was devastated, I kept going back to what she told me and it helped get me through and still have hope.
I have personally referred 2 people to her and they have since had successful pregnancies. I always told them to call the office if they needed ANYTHING! Sometimes we just need to know things are ok and they can help calm the nerves.
I only really remember our "goal" was 1 baby.. Dr. Reuter had my best interest in mind through the entire process and I was closely monitored. I ended up with twins, which I was ever so grateful of.
2013
The nurses [at MW Fertility Specialists] were cold and I felt like I was not treated like a human being...The clinic washed the sperm I had ordered from a sperm bank and in the process, the sample lost more than 80% of its sperm count and more than half of its volume. The lab director could not explain how this was possible. I did not get a refund or explanation... In a different case, the nurses gave me conflicting information... For the nurses I was just a number. They did not care about me.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
One sperm sample, I had bought from a sperm bank came out way below the numbers the sperm bank had guaranteed. So, I needed a motility report from the clinic's lab director in order to get a refund from the sperm bank. After long back and forth, I got to talk to the lab director at the clinic. He told me that I had no chance for a refund, because the sample originally had enough sperm count and motility. However, after the lab had washed the sperm, it had lost over 80% of its sperm count and more than half of its milliliter amount. The lab could not explain this. After that my trust in that clinic was gone and I switched to a different one.
Because I barely saw Dr. Reuter. I came in for treatment and I was never asked how I was doing or feeling. The nurses were cold and I felt like I was not treated like a human being.
Before one of the IUI attempts, one of the nurses came in and said I had ordered the wrong sperm. This had never been discussed with me and she basically contradicted what Dr. Reuter had told me a few weeks earlier. Big confusion, I still do not know what the problem was. For the nurses I was just a number. They did not care about me.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
During our first meeting, Dr. Reuter explained to me the treatment process and some general things about the female cycle. She was very cold and mechanically cited some facts. I did not have the feeling she was interested in me or my personal story at all. When problems occured, I got to talk to her on the phone once. Within the first few minutes, it became clear that she had no idea who I was or had ever looked at the lab results of my blood and hormone tests etc. She was unapproachable and did not care about my case.
Go to a different doctor.
Her treatment strategy was always the same: Force patients to get expensive blood work and ultrasounds done of which the results were never really discussed or ever mentioned again. Then give the patient some treatment options and have the patient (who has not studied medicine and cannot properly weigh her options) make a treatment decision. She never made a treatment decision for me.
I think an ultrasound was between $350 and $375. An IUI was about $300. A consultation was about $300. The costs for blood tests were the most- about $3000 and some of the tests were redundant, since I already had brought in documentation about the tests and their results. Things like blood type do not change after all.
2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] can be hard to get in because they are busy as I remember. Other than that they worked with us, showed compassion, were successful, efficient, clean, and most of all patient focused!...She [nurse] was prompt to call back. She always made herself available. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs...there was a small miscommunication and the results were not forwarded to an out of state doctor when we moved. It was nothing big.
2012
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They can be hard to get in because they are busy as I remember. Other than that they worked with us, showed compassion, were successful, efficient, clean, and most of all patient focused!
Dr. Colver cared about the well- being of the patient first. He listened with compassion and care to our needs, desires, questions, and concerns. He called me numerous times himself to personally check up on me, to give me results, and explain things. He did not run my body like a machine, instead he learned how my body individually worked and based my treatment off of what was best for me not to reach selfish numbers or percentiles for himself. He had a pure motive to serve, lead, and give wisdom to us as patients and people! I would refer him over and over again with outstanding reviews!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri)
She was prompt to call back. She always made herself available. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I described most in one of the first questions. He lead his treatment and whole practice with compassion. He cared first about the well-being of the patient. He communicated well. He gave wonderful wisdom with room to ask questions. He met with us individually, wrote many hand written notes to us, and made numerous personal phone calls to us. He is one of the most compassionate, well rounded, selfless doctors I have encountered.
Be willing to ask questions and learn from Dr. Colver. If you have any set backs or concerns be sure to work through them with him. He is wonderful.
We knew from my first cycle with another doctor that I was at high risk of OHSS. Looking into and studying my past history he made good discernment to give me a significantly lower dose of meds and watched me carefully to do his best to prevent chances of OHSS occuring again.
They were expensive but normal comparatively.
He wanted to make sure that we were okay with putting two embryos in and understanding the risks. He gave us all the info and allowed us to make the decision with His wisdom if we wanted it along the way.
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
They [MW Fert Spec] are very responsive to calls and emails. They get back to you really quickly and they are pretty friendly as well....They forgot to tell me they were automatically going to do ICSI, which is an additional charge....I paid almost $15000 for my failed cycle. There would have been additional costs associated with the transfer and PGS testing....Be sure to ask about your exact costs. Make sure you are charged correctly especially if you have insurance.
Native American, Other
2 IUI, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Be sure to ask about your exact costs. Make sure you are charged correctly especially if you have insurance. They are very responsive to calls and emails. They get back to you really quickly and they are pretty friendly as well.
Dr Bopp always personally called me or gave me any bad news or important news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Adria)
Adria was always well prepared and responded timely almost all requests. Cheryl seems a little more unsure about things but she was always friendly.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He called or spoke with me personally on all the important milestones. He always explained everything very well. He also gave very good statics to help me better understand my odds. Dr Bopp explained the process and odds very well. He was always polite and compassionate.
Be sure to ask questions and get your odds/statistics of own success. I liked knowing my odds before even starting.
The protocol included birth control, centrotide, hcg and follistim. They retrieved 8 eggs, 4 mature and all 4 fertilized with ICSI but none made it to blastocysts by day 7. The cycle failed to produce any blastocysts to send for PGS testing.
I paid almost $15000 for my failed cycle. There would have been additional costs associated with the transfer and PGS testing. I was quoted around $20000-$22000 for the entire cycle which could vary depending on the medications.
The doctor prefers to transfer only one PGS tested embryo at a time. His goal is to get every patient one healthy Singleton and to have a healthy pregnancy.
Carmel
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinics [Midwest Fertility Specialist] strengths to me were that it was clean and efficient. Weaknesses are getting any kind of information in a timely manner if you aren't currently cycling. You also get treated differently if you are doing IVF versus IUI.... I felt that the nursing staff was fine. At times, I felt rushed or that I was asking too many questions.... I don't feel as though I was monitored enough for my IUI and it ended up being cancelled because I ovulated naturally.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinics strengths to me were that it was clean and efficient. Weaknesses are getting any kind of information in a timely manner if you aren't currently cycling. You also get treated differently if you are doing IVF versus IUI.
If you were in the middle of a cycle, they definitely dedicated more of their attention to you and treated you like a human than if you were not in the middle of a cycle.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
At first, I felt that Dr. Bopp was very compassionate and genuinely cared about all of his patients. When my test results started coming back with numbers that were indicating DOR, he seemed to steer me in a different direction than trying to help. He even told me that I probably had no good eggs and IVF wouldn't work for me and that I should consider donor eggs or adoption.
If your stats look good on paper, than Dr. Bopp is a good doctor for you. If you are a very challenging case, I feel as though he may deter you from IVF so as not to hurt his overall success rate.
We did 3 IUI's and did low dose Gonal. My 3rd IUI got cancelled because he stimmed me so long and I ended up ovulating naturally.
Each IUI was $1700 IVF w/meds would have cost around $23-25k
Fort Wayne
There has been some confusion [at Midwest Fertility] over the type of donor sperm to order. I have been told that IUI or ICI ready are both fine, but also told to use IUI...As long as I see Dr. Reuter or her nurse I feel like I get very personal care. Unfortunately, there have been times when I have seen other nurses in the office and haven't felt as much like a human...Shelly is great. She takes time to explain things, answer all of my questions and really listens.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter is very knowledgeable, thorough and is comfortable with aggressive treatment which I appreciate. She will share details if she knows that is what you want, but doesn't seem to do that naturally. She listens to your concerns and adjusts her style based on those. Overall, I have been very pleased with Dr. Reuter's care.
Make sure that she understands your expectations and the level of communication/detail that makes you comfortable.
I began treatment with Letrozole and IUI. The first round of treatment produced 1 follicle, but was unsuccessful. Our next round of treatment we moved to Follistim 100 IU, we still got 1 nice follicle, but the cycle was unsuccessful. The next cycle we moved up to Follistim 150 IU and got 3 mature follicles and some smaller ones. The cycle was unsuccessful and I actually probably overstimulated because I ended up with a cyst and had to take a break for a month. This cycle we are doing Follistim 125 IU and will see how that works.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Colver's nurse is always compassionate and remembers my history....The phlebotomist at Midwest Fertility is amazing. She is there 7 days a week and helps in the front office as well!...He [Dr. Colver] and his nurse always knew my name and my history. Even if I had to see another doctor's nurse, she always had all the information on my past history from my chart, so I didn't have to go through explaining everything again.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Colver personally called me to further explain any test results after I spoke to the nurse. He and his nurse always knew my name and my history. Even if I had to see another doctor's nurse, she always had all the information on my past history from my chart, so I didn't have to go through explaining everything again.
Dr. Colver's nurse is always compassionate and remembers my history. When I see other nurses, they too have a full understanding of my history. The phlebotomist at Midwest Fertility is amazing. She is there 7 days a week and helps in the front office as well!
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver explained everything to me and my husband fully. He answered all questions and took as much time as needed. We never have felt rushed. When we had setbacks, he personally called to answer all our questions.
Before seeing Dr. Colver, I had gone through several cycles of Femara without success. Dr. Colver started me on injections with a trigger shot and IUI. My first cycle I overstimulated so we could not proceed with IUI. I then had cysts left over, so we had to skip a cycle. The next cycle my injections were adjusted and we were able to complete IUI, but did not receive a positive pregnancy test. I had a cyst left after that cycle, so I'm currently skipping a month before hopefully trying another cycle of IUI with injections.
Carmel
All of the nursing staff [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was friendly...They always made time to answer all of your questions and walk you through every step of what was going on... I would go for a 7:00 am blood draw and then be back to work 2 1/2 hours away by 11:30. They were courteous and always knew where to find an answer if we had a question. They were especially helpful when we had to order our injections and were unsure of how to do that.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were very timely. I would go for a 7:00 am blood draw and then be back to work 2 1/2 hours away by 11:30. They were courteous and always knew where to find an answer if we had a question. They were especially helpful when we had to order our injections and were unsure of how to do that.
Everyone at Midwest was very friendly. They always made time to answer all of your questions and walk you through every step of what was going on.
All of the nursing staff was friendly and intelliagable. They were informed of our situation and were always prepared for our visit.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp was a great doctor. He explained everything well and was very upfront with us. I never felt like he was not being honest with our chances of getting pregnant. He always answered any questions thoroughly and directed us down the path he thought was best for out situation.
Ask lots of questions!
We began with ultrasounds and bloodwork. I then had a dye test done to check for blockages in my Fallopian tubes. After that we tried clomid again to attempt an IU I. That did not work so we began injections to attempt an iui. Out iui was unsuccessful. Our next step would have been it so ivf but we were unsure if that was the right choice st the time financially.
Our insurance did not cover any of our fertility treatment. I know my due test cost around $1500 and my injections were $700.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is nice and comfortable. If you go to the clinic in Fort Wayne for your treatment you will still have to make trips to Indianapolis for egg retrieval and transfer. The clinic in Fort Wayne is located in the same building as a pediatrician and it can be emotional seeing little ones when you are going through fertility treatments or a miscarriage...The nurses were wonderful! They always returned calls quickly and didn't make me feel silly for asking a million questions. All the nursing staff are caring and helpful.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is nice and comfortable. If you go to the clinic in Fort Wayne for your treatment you will still have to make trips to Indianapolis for egg retrieval and transfer. The clinic in Fort Wayne is located in the same building as a pediatrician and it can be emotional seeing little ones when you are going through fertility treatments or a miscarriage.
Dr. Clover is very friendly and sympathetic. He listens to your concerns and questions and doesn't rush you.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver is very friendly and optimistic, but sometimes a little too optimistic. He takes his time and really cares about you. As a Dr. I was very confident in his abilities. Like most doctors he doesn't explain things in detail unless you ask.
Be open about your questions and concerns.
4 rounds of IUI -Insemination, donor sperm,medication over $10,000 with no insurance coverage. 1 IVF- medication, monitoring,icsi, retrieval, and transfer- $11500 For IVF and icsi plus medications. I had insurance that covered almost everything so my total cost was about $2000. Plus the cost for my husband to have sperm retrieved through PESA
Dr. Colver approached is based on the individual patient. I had three embryos transferred, with his recommendation. Normally he recommends only one or two, but he felt it was the right move in my case. I delivered a healthy singleton.
Fort Wayne
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are very easy to work with in terms of appointment times and scheduling. They see patients as early as 7 am! Nothing but positives so far. They allowed my husband to collect a semen sample at home, which was really helpful for him. The staff is all very courteous and professional.... Shelly is great at responding to phone calls and in answering questions in a timely manner....
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are very easy to work with in terms of appointment times and scheduling. They see patients as early as 7 am! Nothing but positives so far. They allowed my husband to collect a semen sample at home, which was really helpful for him. The staff is all very courteous and professional.
She directed most questions and statements to me, even though my husband was there as well. My husband asked questions, but she mainly just talked to me instead of addressing his questions.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We are still waiting to undergo egg retrieval and IVF (my husband has to undergo a separate procedure from a urologist first), but during our initial visit with Dr. Reuter, she gave us a lot of good information and options for treatment that would be best for us. She mainly addressed me and not my husband, which made him feel uncomfortable and not part of the process.
Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you need it.
We have not gotten to this portion of treatment yet, but she said that she prefers single embryo transfer, especially for our first IVF attempt and for my age (I will be 30 when we do our first cycle).
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Midwest Fertility makes this process so much easier. I was so nervous to call and make my first appointment. The receptionist was so kind when I called and had me in within a week. I truly feel like everyone cares. I feel like I am in good hands with Midwest Fertility.... The nurses are always so helpful. They are always willing to take the time to answer any questions I have and to make me feel at ease.... He [Dr. Will] was willing to listen to my concerns and suggestions.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I received individualized care.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My experience has been great so far. He was willing to listen to my concerns and suggestions. He was willing to adjust treatment according to my needs. He gave me options I had not considered. After my negative test result, he called me and assured me he would work hard to meet my goal of a successful transfer and pregnancy. I feel confident that He will give me the best care possible to ensure success.
To trust in his advice
My protocol was estrogen (oral )from cycle day 2 to thicken lining ;progesterone support six days prior to transfer; antibiotics and steroids in the four days prior to transfer; valium the day of transfer.
Around $7000 per cycle
Multiple frozen transfer was 2 maximum for me
Fort Wayne
The facility [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is clean and inviting. The doctor is the one who gets you from the waiting room (which is something I appreciated and never experienced before). The doctors and nurses and kind, caring, and patient. The rest of the staff is very kind and courteous... Emily [a nurse] is awesome and great with communication. She usually calls me with results as soon as she gets them. If not, she calls me back promptly every time.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The facility is clean and inviting. The doctor is the one who gets you from the waiting room (which is something I appreciated and never experienced before). The doctors and nurses and kind, caring, and patient. The rest of the staff is very kind and courteous.
He and his nurse are very empathetic and timely with phone calls.
Emily is awesome and great with communication. She usually calls me with results as soon as she gets them. If not, she calls me back promptly every time.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will really cares about helping me have a child. I feel like he is confident in that, which makes me confident as well. He calls me himself at times and wants to make sure I understand everything. I live about two hours from the office and he tries to accommodate me as much as possible.
I used menopur injections to stimulate my ovaries. I was monitored closely by ultrasound and blood work 2-4 times per week. Once I got to the correct stage, my husband and I tried to conceive naturally. We tried this three times with no avail. We are preparing to start IVF sometime this year.
Cost is not cheap for any fertility treatments.
2013 - 2017
They [MW Fertility Specialist] are competent, friendly and compassionate. I was sad to leave them! I truly enjoyed my time there. If you have issues with them, speak up. They are usually willing to work with you. I had very few negative experiences with them. The negative were mainly due to my own frustrations with my infertility.... [Nurse] She is very blunt, but very capable and available. She’s a good balance to Bopp.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are competent, friendly and compassionate. I was sad to leave them! I truly enjoyed my time there. If you have issues with them, speak up. They are usually willing to work with you. I had very few negative experiences with them. The negative were mainly due to my own frustrations with my infertility.
I knew he cared deeply about us and our story. He always took the time to sit with us and answer our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison Jacobsen )
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He is wonderful. One of the best men I’ve ever met. He prayed for us before each transfer. He always answered our questions honestly. And he made me feel safe and heard. He is also brilliant! He did everything he could to get us to our happy ending.
He reserves a lot of time for consults, so make sure to take him up on it. Come with a list of questions, or send them to him in advance.
Lupron trigger to keep from OHSS, Gonal, menopur and ganirelex to stim. Started on 150 of each then decreased. FET with estrace and PIO.
They were reasonable.
He is very concerned about multiples. He cancelled two of our iuis when I had 5 follicles. Always advised transferring only one embryo.
Carmel
[MW Fert Spec - Ft Wayne] Always worked you in to fit around your schedule!! Never felt rushed....I was not specified a certain nurse when I went in but every single one I saw was excellent!! Answered my questions and made you feel like they had known you forever. Very professional as well!...He [Dr. Bopp] had a fantastic bed side manner!! Really was in tune to my feelings and has so much compassion when telling us that it didn't work.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Always worked you in to fit around your schedule!! Never felt rushed.
He had a fantastic bed side manner!! Really was in tune to my feelings and has so much compassion when telling us that it didn't work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Brooke, Shelby, Karen )
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very professional when we had our first visit. He quickly became more of a friend than our dr. He joked with us, laughed with us and even cried with us when he had to tell us once again the news we did not want to hear. His love and compassion for his patients goes above and beyond!!! We have not achieved success as of today but I have full confidence that Dr Bopp is the perfect Dr that will one day achieve for us a family we have dreamt of having!!
To listen to him and have full confidence in him as your Dr. Be patient as well and that day will come that you get the best news ever!!
With my insurance plan not much is covered so I always had to pay a co-pay of $30.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
we didn’t qualify for any of the refund programs [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]...very clean, serene and has a very friendly front desk staff. They provide coffee and have lots of seating so you can have some privacy while you wait. It’s easy to access since it’s off of a major state road. I don’t have any complaints about the office...She [the nurse] wouldn’t sugar coat things but was empathetic and kind.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility clinic is very clean, serene and has a very friendly front desk staff. They provide coffee and have lots of seating so you can have some privacy while you wait. It’s easy to access since it’s off of a major state road. I don’t have any complaints about the office.
I so appreciated that my doctor would personally call me with test results. He’s bedside manner was also caring and positive, which I greatly appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison Jacobsen)
She wouldn’t sugar coat things but was empathetic and kind.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp was kind, caring, knowledgeable and willing to take a chance on us although on paper we didn’t look like great candidates for IVF. I’m so glad he did because we had success and now have a beautiful baby boy.
He is in high demand so come prepared with the questions you want to go over with him so you can cover as much ground as possible during your visits.
Estrogen Primed Antagonist Protocol 225 Menopur 225 Follistim Protocol selected due to DOR
I do not recall. I do remember we didn’t qualify for any of the refund programs.
I did speak to any other clinic and they felt a day 3 embryo transfer may have been worth considering even though my progesterone was rising. He chose to do a FET because of my progesterone rising. It resulted in only one of the three embryos that fertilized making it to blast. I do wonder what would have happened if we would have transferred the two that didn’t make it to blastocyst stage on day 3.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
They [Midwest Fertility staff] would always call me back or get back to me quickly with what I wanted or needed to hear - I very rarely had to call for updates - they called me!
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
yes - the nurses and dr cared - called me to check in and see how it was going - always answered my emails or calls quickly - very personable!
They would always call me back or get back to me quickly with what I wanted or needed to hear - I very rarely had to call for updates - they called me! The office staff was also friendly and didn't just transfer me on the phone - but actually waited until I could talk to someone...it makes a huge difference during this emotional time
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was amazing and very positive along the way which is what I wanted - it is a hard enough venture - and I was traveling and working and not even living in Indiana full time. But this clinic also had one nurse that I would talk to all the time - which was important to me and not to go thru multiple discussions every time I had a question. He kept me updated and I never had to call for results - which was nice.
Be prepared for friendliness - the first time he hugged me I was shocked! I wasn't prepared for the personalization.
Carmel
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists-Fort Wayne] is well maintained and organized. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The nurses are compassionate and so are the doctors. This clinic is wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them.... It can be a bit of a struggle as he [Dr. Matthew Will] splits his time between two different offices, but there are only good things to say when we are actually together. Dr. Will has also expressed his willingness to help us further should our first attempt at IVF prove not to be successful. He is wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is well maintained and organized. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The nurses are compassionate and so are the doctors. This clinic is wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will has been wonderful to work with. He is very caring and understanding of our struggles. He has been very willing to work with us at every step of the process, and is very good at explaining to us just exactly what the plan is/should be. It can be a bit of a struggle as he splits his time between two different offices, but there are only good things to say when we are actually together. Dr. Will has also expressed his willingness to help us further should our first attempt at IVF prove not to be successful. He is wonderful to work with.
Male Factor, Other
Each iui [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was about $700...I really loved all the staff. Everyone was always upbeat and compassionate. I felt comfortable and full of hope at each appointment which I did not feel at the first clinic/doctor I met with. I felt valued...[All the nurses are] very polite and made us feel very welcome and comfortable during a stressful time...I would take vitamins daily. Fermera, an ultrasound to check follicules, then the trigger shot, and then the iui procedure.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Felt like Dr Reuter really cared about helping us start our family. The whole atmosphere at Midwest was wonderful
Loved everyone one there. All very polite and made us feel very welcome and comfortable during a stressful time
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She was very detailed in her care and made us feel very at ease despite going through something so stressful. After meeting her during our consultation/second opinion, I really believed if anyone was going to get us there, it would be her
Each iui was about $700
Carmel
The staff [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is small and caring. The team is knowledgeable and very willing to work with you. The team is very good at going over all options and paths with their patients. It has been great working with them.... The nursing staff is caring and knowledgeable and great to work with.... $500 per iui plus cost of meds... Dr. Will has been wonderful to work with. He is very caring and understanding of our struggles.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The staff is small and caring. The team is knowledgeable and very willing to work with you. The team is very good at going over all options and paths with their patients. It has been great working with them.
He was very personable and seemed to care about our treatments
The nursing staff is caring and knowledgeable and great to work with.
$500 per iui plus cost of meds
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Our consultation [at MN Fert Specialists] (initial) was about $270. Our second consultation was $85 (and much more informative). IVF costs about $14,000-$16,000 before meds...Her [Dr. Reuter's] staff is excellent...In our early stages, it was difficult to get SA results. That was a one time thing and was quickly resolved....Very responsive and helpful. They were definitely on our side!!...I didn't have much of a say in which of the 4 doctors we saw, but it seems that they are all excellent. I would choose this clinic!!
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
She is so kind and patient. Her staff is excellent.
Very responsive and helpful. They were definitely on our side!!
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She is kind and explains things well. Over time, it was easy to see her compassion shine through. She seems to sincerely care about explaining things and about positive results. She is a wealth of knowledge and she seemed to put our whole picture together well.
Give her a chance beyond the first visit. While she may seem informative, one can miss the compassionate side of her.
I will be on menopur, gonal-f, and cetrotide. I'll do a 10,000 hcg booster. I'll then be on estrace, PIO, etc.
Our consultation (initial) was about $270. Our second consultation was $85 (and much more informative). IVF costs about $14,000-$16,000 before meds.
She was a strong proponent of a single embryo transfer because of improvements in IVF and the hope for a healthy single pregnancy.
Carmel
Every person I've encountered in this office [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is sweet and compassionate!...Our iui cycle was quoted at barely over $1,000 for everything except the letrazole...Strengths are definitely thoroughness, compassion, and patient care. As for weaknesses, we did wait quite a long time past our appointment time...Dr Will switched me to letrazole and gave specific evidence as to why he was doing so. He then explained in depth how the cycle would run for our upcoming IUI.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr Will took the time to ask my husband about ourselves and our relationship before even discussing our medical history.
Every person I've encountered in this office is sweet and compassionate!
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr Will sat and talked to us about all our risks, chances, concerns, etc. I never felt like we were under a time crunch or like he wanted us to choose treatment we didn't want to do. He was pleasant and polite!
Don't be afraid to ask questions or express concerns.
N/A (we've not pursued IVF at this point)
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Sometimes I felt a little left out [at Midwest Fertility] because of the fact that we were using a gestational surrogate. I felt that at times the nurses or coordinator could have contacted with me first and better than she did...The fact that our donor male had a disease show up on his labs was not released to us until transfer time and we found out from our surrogate. I had to call the office to request more info...he costs associated with our donor embryos and transfer were inexpensive in comparison to previous clinics. We felt they were priced right. I wish they had offered discount on multiple transfer though.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Colver was always upfront with us and took time for us unlike other drs we have used in the past.
Sometimes I felt a little left out because of the fact that we were using a gestational surrogate. I felt that at times the nurses or coordinator could have contacted with me first and better than she did.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver took time to explain everything in detail to us and answer all questions we had. We never felt rushed or like just a number or paycheck. He even called us back directly if we had additional questions that needed to be answered.
The costs associated with our donor embryos and transfer were inexpensive in comparison to previous clinics. We felt they were priced right. I wish they had offered discount on multiple transfer though.
We always transferred multiple untested embryos because of multiple failed cycles at previous clinics.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
While I did minimal treatments at the clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists], I did ALL of my monitoring here. The staff at this clinic was simply amazing. Heartfelt, compassionate and made everything simple and easy. Even when I got a surprise miracle pregnancy, they followed it even though they had no skin in the game. I simply can't say enough good things about Midwest and Dr. Will....They are a well organized and friendly clinic. Their 7-day a week hours and quick on-site lab made things easy-breezy. The staff are impeccable.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
While I did minimal treatments at the clinic, I did ALL of my monitoring here. The staff at this clinic was simply amazing. Heartfelt, compassionate and made everything simple and easy. Even when I got a surprise miracle pregnancy, they followed it even though they had no skin in the game. I simply can't say enough good things about Midwest and Dr. Will.
Loved the staff here. They all took so much time to really care about my situation.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was extremely kind and knowledgable. Even during my miracle pregnancy after using donor eggs and surrogate, he followed my first trimester and sat in at every ultrasound. I will never ever forget how amazing he was.
Have hope. Surround yourself with doctors you trust.
I did my monitoring for CCRM here. I also did one IUI with injectables.
All reasonable. Considering.
2012 - 2016
5 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The entire staff at the office [Midwest Fertility Specialis] is wonderful - caring, compassionate and takes the time to answer any and all questions and listen to your concerns....We did the Attain program, so I think it was 26k for a set number of cycles plus meds which were about 2000
2012 - 2016
5 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He is kind. He's honest about treatment, but always takes the time to schedule an appointment or call/talk to you on the phone if you need to speak with him. He shows a great deal of empathy.
The entire staff at the office is wonderful - caring, compassionate and takes the time to answer any and all questions and listen to your concerns.
I think he's the best (and is clinic) is the best in the state. I've recommended him on a number of occasions to other friends and colleagues and have nothing but good things to say about him.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
When I first went to see Dr. Colver [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], he thought that he was going to be able to use artificial insemination without any issues. Then when my tests results came back, he diagnosed me with depleted ovarian reserve. He was very kind and understanding and worked very hard to come up with an alternative plan for me.... The nurses are all very friendly and easy to talk to. They are always willing to answer any questions and take their time with you.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Robert Colver is very patient and kind. He truly cares about all of his patients and wants the best results for them. My baby girl is truly a miracle thanks to him.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
When I first went to see Dr. Colver, he thought that he was going to be able to use artificial insemination without any issues. Then when my tests results came back, he diagnosed me with depleted ovarian reserve. He was very kind and understanding and worked very hard to come up with an alternative plan for me.
Ask questions! He is very knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions.
I am not sure.
I don't remember all the details.
Dr. Colver preferred to transfer two embryos at a time for better results (higher success rate).