Genetic counseling: Offered
260-490-3456
395 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46060
317-571-1637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Fertility Specialists to a friend?

Dr. Will is warm and caring, she listens thoroughly and engaged conversation and questions very personally...She clearly understands the ins and outs of reproduction endocrinology at a very technical level, but communicates at a very approachable and understandable level. She does prefer to err on the side of conservative treatments (freeze-all rather than fresh transfer, single embryo transfer on first cycle, 1 month of natural rest cycle in between medicated FET cycles), though this may have been sure to my specific diagnosis (endometriosis). I don't mind though, I appreciate that she cares quite a bit about maintaining overall health and well-being during the very physically demanding IVF cycles.
They have an excellent phlebotomist, and Ultrasound technicians [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. They don't take messages during off hours, which I don't like. They also have some odd hours, no calls after 11 on Friday, 7-10 weekends. I can never remember when they are open and I should call, and I wish I could just leave messages if I forget and call after 4 or on Friday. They have gone out of the way to help find the pharmacy whit the best out of pocket med prices, which was hugely appreciated. They don't post specific lab results on the web portal, just the status of the labs and if the Dr has reviewed them yet.
How was your experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Erica Will is a perfect mix of candid and empathetic. She clearly understands the ins and outs of reproduction endocrinology at a very technical level, but communicates at a very approachable and understandable level. She does prefer to err on the side of conservative treatments (freeze-all rather than fresh transfer, single embryo transfer on first cycle, 1 month of natural rest cycle in between medicated FET cycles), though this may have been sure to my specific diagnosis (endometriosis). I don't mind though, I appreciate that she cares quite a bit about maintaining overall health and well-being during the very physically demanding IVF cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Don't be afraid to ask as many detailed questions as you need to, she's very amenable to them. Be sure to advocate for appointments if you feel you need more, she's happy and willing to make sure you can have as much of her time as you need, but will tend to default to less if your treatment moving along smoothly and she doesn't hear from you. She's very good with phone appointments if that's preferred.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Describe the protocols Erica Anspach Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Stim cycle(amh -11): Menopur 75mg Gonal-f 150mg Cetrotide started stim day 6, gonal-f moved to 75mg on stim day 8. Lupron trigger on stim day 10. I started at a relatively low dose and maintained that dose until a few dates before trigger where it was lowered. She monitored my with ultrasounds every other day for the first 6 then every day until trigger. She updated dosage based on hormone levels and follicle size. My stim cycle went smoothly with no issues, so communication was fairly basic, but I was kept informed well throughout the whole process. After they retrieved 36 eggs, I did have significant pain for the next three days, but they had a doctor on call in off hours and checked in on me often until I was healed. The embryo lab called me to report number fertilized (20 on day 1, 4 more on day 2) and then on day five and six with the final number of frozen blastocysts. FET cycle: Estradiol .3ml every 4 days (increase to.4 ml on the 2 estradiol days before transfer) Dexamethasone .5mg daily until day before transfer Progesterone in Oil (ethyl oleate) 50mg/0.5ml, 2x daily - starting 6 days before transfer Prednisone 5mg g 2x daily starting 2 days before transfer Medrol 8mg - 2x daily starting 4 days before transfer stopping 2 days after Antibiotics 1 day before procedure and 2 days after After the initial appointment, there was a 2 week lining check appointment. My lining was 12mm, and hormones were at good levels so progesterone was scheduled to begin and transfer was scheduled. Next appointment was the frozen transfer, I received several calls in the days preceding to confirm scheduled times and from the embryo lab for updates on thaw process. After transfer I was scheduled for a beta HCG test 10 days post transfer. After 2 failed identical protocols, Dr. Will has suggested taking the Endometrial Receptivity Array testing. That is my next step but I have not started that cycle yet. Dr will setup a phone appointment after each failed transfer to go over any questions and talk about any alternatives or treatment changes. She suggested the ERA test after FET #1, but since we had not pgs tested, we opted to try one more FET first. She has also discussed the possibility of 2 embryos transferred but was clear on the risks of choosing that option. We have not yet decided on that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: CHELSEA)
Chelsea occasionally had trouble remembering the specifics of my treatment, and some things were communicated to her but never put on our charts (decision to not do pgs testing, what kind of cycle we were doing- ERA test or FET). She was very on it during active cycles though, calling with updates to treatments even when everything remained unchanged. She was friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic has scheduling mishaps more often than I would prefer. In my case - 3 times. I started getting them to give me a written appointment card every time, as I had one instance where my appointments got put on the right time but wrong day and I was treated as though I was at fault, despite being very certain I hadn't said the wrong day(had to schedule in between work days). There was 1 appointment time change that I was never updated on and found out through the web portal by chance, and one afternoon appointment that when the day came was called and told that I had missed it. I was on my way to the appointment time I had in my calendar, but it was somehow in their system as earlier in the day. I can understand mistakes happen, but the office staff was a bit rude about it. It was during my stim cycle and I freaked out thinking somehow everything was ruined, and they acted very inconvenienced and as it was a very emotional(and hormonal!) time, some kindness and benefit of the doubt would have gone a long way. They have an excellent phlebotomist, and Ultrasound technicians. They don't take messages during off hours, which I don't like. They also have some odd hours, no calls after 11 on Friday, 7-10 weekends. I can never remember when they are open and I should call, and I wish I could just leave messages if I forget and call after 4 or on Friday. They have gone out of the way to help find the pharmacy whit the best out of pocket med prices, which was hugely appreciated. They don't post specific lab results on the web portal, just the status of the labs and if the Dr has reviewed them yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I got a job at Starbucks to use their insurance. They provide 15000 of procedure coverage and 5000 of medication coverage lifetime max. I had 3000 deductable before i blew through the medication coverage on my stim cycle, and have been paying out of pocket on meds ever since. Total out of pocket for that is around $4000 currently. The procedure coverage paid for my egg retrieval, freezing and most of the first FET. We are now fully out of pocket. Our second FET was $4900 not including meds or ultrasoundss. Overall we're at about 10-11k out of pocket currently. We had to pause after FET #2 to save up for the ERA test and FET #3.
Describe Erica Anspach Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Will definitely preferred single transfer for me starting out. She has offered that as a possible option now that I have had unsuccessful FETs, but continues to be clear of the risk of twins, and would be more comfortable doing 1 per transfer. She has left the choice up to me and my husband at this point. I don't believe she would be down with transferring more than 2.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erica Anspach Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Will is incredibly personable. He does an excellent job of presenting realistic outcomes while still painting an optimistic picture overall. He also explains every process thoroughly...We trust him completely in choosing the right procedures for us. It is frustrating not to meet or speak with him every single time, but when we do get to work with him, we are always pleased with the consultations...consider whether or not you are willing to commute to Indianapolis on a regular basis since that is where he primarily works. He is only available in Fort Wayne on Mondays.
Brooke is a fantastic nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. She takes great care to explain all the work being done while we are in the office. She also leaves me very detailed messages about next steps when calling. She is patient in answering all questions and in demonstrating necessary steps, such as administering the trigger shot at home...After our first IUI, we were told that someone would call us with the semen analysis. That call never happened. When we ourselves called to discuss the semen analysis before our second IUI, the nurse in Fort Wayne provided us with a different summary than the nurse in Indianapolis who administered the first IUI. Their accounts differed in terms of good numbers pre- and post-wash.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is incredibly personable. He does an excellent job of presenting realistic outcomes while still painting an optimistic picture overall. He also explains every process thoroughly. We trust him completely in choosing the right procedures for us. It is frustrating not to meet or speak with him every single time, but when we do get to work with him, we are always pleased with the consultations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
If you are thinking about choosing Dr. Matthew Will and are based out of Fort Wayne, consider whether or not you are willing to commute to Indianapolis on a regular basis since that is where he primarily works. He is only available in Fort Wayne on Mondays.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Describe the protocols Matthew Will used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Dr. Will first looked for potential causes of my PCOS symptoms and determined that I likely had polyps in my uterus. Those polyps were removed eight months after we first began meeting with him. He also diagnosed my husband with male factor infertility and started him on Clomid two months after we first started working with Dr. Will. We had our first IUI with Letrozole and a trigger shot 10 months after working with him, and we are having our second IUI this month, about 11 months after our first meeting, using the same procedures as last time. We have met with Dr. Will for all of the above decisions except the latest decision to complete our second IUI using the same protocol as the first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Brooke)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
While we are very pleased with our doctor and nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists, we struggle with the clinic in general. It is very difficult to book appointments as very few slots are offered during the times when teachers are free. While we are based in Fort Wayne, procedures can only be completed at this branch on Tuesdays-Thursdays, requiring us to drive two hours to Indianapolis if we need a procedure done on other days. Finally, there have also been several issues with the billing department. Bills have been sent to us in the wrong amount. Procedures have also been billed incorrectly to our insurance. While Midwest tried to correct the mistake with our insurance, our insurance ultimately refused to pay that bill because of the initial mistake, costing us an extra $350 that we should not have had to pay.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The initial consultation cost between $200-250. Most of our other appointments were at least partially covered by insurance before our official diagnosis of infertility. Our first and second IUI cycles cost $1,150 each.
Describe Matthew Will's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
No comment/Not applicable at this time
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

2017 - 2020
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
we used ICSI and as a result we had 11 day-5 embryos [with Dr. Matthew Will]...strongly recommended only transferring one embryo at a time. He told us the benefits and risks of both. We took his advice and we did have 1 successfully transfer/pregnancy out of 3. Since we haven’t had the best of luck, he has considered transferring 2 embryos for our next transfer...listened to all of my questions and concerns and based his plans on how I felt and from a medical stand point as well. I felt included in the decision making because of this.
This clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is amazing. They make accommodations with work, they work with you financially, and there a different locations available. They have been on time with most of my appointments and have been able to fit me in for an appointment that I needed right away at short notice. I can’t think of any weaknesses...The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful. They are very caring and all work together very well. They take the time to know who I am as a person and remember who I am each visit.
2017 - 2020
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Matthew Will has been very kind during our process. He has listened to all of our questions and concerns and made sure to address all of them. It is also great that he is optimistic for us growing our family but also realistic on the chances we have and he is upfront about it instead of giving us false hope. He has been the best doctor I’ve ever had.
Dr. Matthew Will is going to try every possible thing to have a great outcome. Even when you think you’ve tried everything he will be the one not to give up on your goals of having a family.
I felt like a human because Dr. Will listened to all of my questions and concerns and based his plans on how I felt and from a medical stand point as well. I felt included in the decision making because of this.
I believe I had the antagonist protocol. I used Lupron injection the night before my retrieval to avoid OHSS. I produce around 30 eggs, I don’t remember exactly, and we used ICSI and as a result we had 11 day-5 embryos. We then did a fresh transfer which resulted in a pregnancy but ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks due to Turner’s Syndrome. We had a frozen embryo transfer of 1 embryo 5 months after that which resulted in a singleton pregnancy and live birth. He is now 1 years old. We had a frozen embryo transfer a month ago which resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is amazing. They make accommodations with work, they work with you financially, and there a different locations available. They have been on time with most of my appointments and have been able to fit me in for an appointment that I needed right away at short notice. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
I do not remember only because we were able to use insurance. I believe our first consultation was $200. The IVF retrieval and transfer facility fee was $3500 out of pocket. Our frozen embryo transfer facility fee was $350 out of pocket.
Dr. Will strongly recommended only transferring one embryo at a time. He told us the benefits and risks of both. We took his advice and we did have 1 successfully transfer/pregnancy out of 3. Since we haven’t had the best of luck, he has considered transferring 2 embryos for our next transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Erica Anspach Will] has a preference for single embryo transfer, but I have not yet felt strongly pressured one way or another...has a very warm manner. It was clear that she read all of my background information thoroughly before our appointment, so she could then focus her attention on me. She was also very clear about giving me all the information I needed and insistent on me making informed decisions...does not shy away from giving you data and the odds of a procedure working. She does not rush you through your consultation but lets you take all the time you need to ask questions. She is also very approachable over the phne.
Everyone I met [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was respectful and friendly...We were talking with the doctor about egg freezing options and she never mentioned anything about eggs being stored at an outside facility, and gave us the impression that they were always stored on site. However, we later were talking with the financial specialist, who said that you have to pay extra money to store your eggs on site, otherwise they get sent to a storage facility in another state. This just felt like conflicting information (it also felt like they were trying to squeeze more money out of me.)
Dr. Will is warm and friendly but also does not shy away from giving you data and the odds of a procedure working. She does not rush you through your consultation but lets you take all the time you need to ask questions. She is also very approachable over the phne.
Come up with all of your questions beforehand, because she will give you plenty of time to address them all.
Dr. Will has a very warm manner. It was clear that she read all of my background information thoroughly before our appointment, so she could then focus her attention on me. She was also very clear about giving me all the information I needed and insistent on me making informed decisions.
We are still in the process of planning my cycle. I know she is planning on using the strongest doses of medications possible for my cycle, since I have probable diminished ovarian reserve.
I did not interact much with the nursing staff. Everyone I met was respectful and friendly, however.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I wish the clinic had more pricing info online. As it is, you only get pricing info after a consultation. I like that their online portal makes it easy for me to get in touch with my doctor. It is also fairly easy to schedule an appointment with this clinic.
This is all quoted (have not done any of these procedures yet.) $6150 for oocyte freeze-all cycle, including office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, egg retrieval, freezing, and facility fee (NOT medications - that is a separate, variable, direct pay to pharmacy.) Additional anesthesia fee of $416 (paid separately to anesthesiologist.) Embryo creation $1900. Embryo transfer is $3900, not counting medications. ICSI $1300. PGS biopsy $1550. On site egg storage $1000/year. Offsite egg storage $500/year.
This doctor/clinic has a preference for single embryo transfer, but I have not yet felt strongly pressured one way or another.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Matthew Will] will sit down and answer all of your questions, in words that you will understand. He even made drawings to explain things to us. Don't be afraid. He is seriously a saint...He sat down with us for our initial consultation for an hour. He asked us about our personal lives and even told us that he wanted to get to know us as people, not just as patients. He actively listened to us and he was engaged...He monitors his patients very closely. He does everything in his power to be the physician doing procedures for his patients. I cant say enough wonderful things about Dr. Will. He is an angel.
Emily [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] has a very positive personality. She is very thorough and explains everything very well...Ivf was 12,641 with genetic testing and retrieval. The transfer is about 4,000. The medications are separate and you pay the pharmacy...Strengths are that they are really quick to return your calls. They have a schedule that accommodates me. Weakness is that after 4pm you cannot leave a message or contact anyone until the next business day (unless it is an emergency).
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is amazing. I had a different fertility doctor, but she retired in June which was right after a failed iui course. I was so distraught when my previous doctor retired because I really liked her and was so comfortable. My husband and I did our research on the other physicians in that practice and decided to go with Dr. Will. Oh my gosh, we are so glad we did. We wish we would've had him from the beginning, that's how much we liked him. He was so attentive. He reviewed our file and knew things about us prior to the initial consultation. He was so warm and welcoming. We are currently going to an ivf cycle and I feel so at peace with Dr. Will. He monitors his patients very closely. He does everything in his power to be the physician doing procedures for his patients. I cant say enough wonderful things about Dr. Will. He is an angel.
Keep notes of all of your questions and concerns that you have about infertility. He will sit down and answer all of your questions, in words that you will understand. He even made drawings to explain things to us. Don't be afraid. He is seriously a saint.
1) Cycle education about 2 weeks prior to start date. 2) cycle day 1 call to inform office. Day 2 you go in for baseline labs/ultrasound. Set up appts for every day for the next week. Using gonal f and menopur. Labs and ultrasound on days 2 and 5 of cycle. The remaining labs and ultrasounds are based on lab levels, but typically every other day or every day as you get closer to retrieval. So far I have 16 follicles on my right side and 15 on my left.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily has a very positive personality. She is very thorough and explains everything very well. She gives promotion updates and very informative. She has went through an infertility journey herself and really understands when we are going through.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Bopp took time during our initial consultation to get to know us as a couple, asking how we met, where we are from, connecting on sports teams, etc. He gave us time to ask questions we came prepared with and took time to answer and explain thoroughly...has given us hope. He is warm, friendly and thorough in his explanations. I am a crazy researcher, especially on health issues, and he talks through and explains every step. He called me back to more deeply answer some of my questions and has always been very smart and pleasant to talk to.
After my HSG and my husband's sperm test, we did not hear the results from his test [from Midwest Fertility Specialists] until I inquired after a week and a half. Maybe they would have reached out, and I was impatient in asking when we could expect it. Instead of calling with the results we received a brief message through the patient portal which was not how I felt the most sensitive way to deliver results and next steps...IUI ranges from $300-$1800 plus medication, HSG was around $700, but we are filing and hoping insurance covers as testing. This is all we have done at this point.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Doctor Bopp has given us hope. He is warm, friendly and thorough in his explanations. I am a crazy researcher, especially on health issues, and he talks through and explains every step. He called me back to more deeply answer some of my questions and has always been very smart and pleasant to talk to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Tell Dr. Bopp your goals. He informed us of many paths and options and helped us align on a path that was direct to our goal specifically.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Describe the protocols Bradford Bopp used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I am waiting for my next cycle to begin the first treatment we are trying - so I o not have answers for this question yet.
Everyone was very friendly on the phone and upon arrival and seems very knowledgable. However, I was left unclear about next steps after each visit and found that I needed to call and clarify a few times. Also, we did not hear back with our results without me asking, and then they were only delivered through a short message on the portal, which I felt was impersonal and confusing for us to try to interpret. Also, being sensitive and emotional information, it would have been nice to speak to someone about the results.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The facilities are nice, calming, welcoming. The staff is friendly. The hours I wish were more accommodating for later in the afternoon, only because I live and work across town and my husband works first shift and it is hard for us to get there early sometimes. Discussing the payment plans was a little confusing, and brief as we left the first appointment. I called to clarify how payment works for our testing, so I felt prepared. But I would recommend researching this deeply on your end as well rather than just waiting to hear what they offer, so you do not get surprised with bills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Our insurance does not cover treatment. Some of the testing was covered. I believe it was $295 for the initial (hour-long) consultation, $115 for my husband's sperm test. IUI ranges from $300-$1800 plus medication, HSG was around $700, but we are filing and hoping insurance covers as testing. This is all we have done at this point.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

2016 - 2019
We began with Letrozol, and on the morning of our first scheduled IUI we had to cancel because my husband’s sperm count came back to low. Dr. Reuter set up an appointment with a specialist for my husband. After we got his issues squared away, we went back to the letrozol, unfortunately after 3 attempts Dr. Reuter discovered that i was ovulating prematurely and we kept missing the window for the iui. She called after the 3rd cancellation and suggested that we switch to an injectable. We have now made it through two IUIs. If this last one doesn’t take we are scheduled for another consultation and a change of plan.
Everyone at MFS is very nice, attentive, and helpful. The only weakness i would say that they have is that sometimes if you have to have an appointment on the weekend, the staff seems a little bit more unorganized and uninformed.... Shelly has been wonderful. She is very patient and understanding. She has answered my questions and gone over the medications and procedures. She always returns my phone calls within that business day.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She is very proactive and up front with you. If for some reason she doesn’t think you’re going to get the outcome you’re hoping for she’ll tell you and make another plan. I feel that she explains things well and will answer all questions. She has always been available to me for a telephone consultation when I’ve needed it, as her office is about an hour drive from where I live.
Describe the protocols Laura Reuter used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly )
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility attempted to bill my insurance, but since I don’t have coverage for fertility treatments, they have two options, you can pay as you go or purchase an all inclusive package deal.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Dr Will always took time to answer my questions. He was very knowledgeable of my particular situation & I didn’t have to remind him of every detail like other providers I’ve been to in the past...takes extra care during delicate situations. When I had a missed miscarriage he was very kind and acknowledged the disappointment we felt. He called me to make sure I knew what to expect in the coming days. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the office so he set up a phone appointment after I had a local D&C. I really appreciate those small considerations.
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] offers a “package deal” for each cycle. This includes any and all ultrasounds, labs, visits, etc...The Ft Wayne clinic is small and like many offices, the front office staff are not always tuned into your particular medical situation. Sometimes even having to say the words miscarriage is enough to push you right over the edge. They could communicate this better with the whole staff. That being said, the whole staff is always very pleasant and willing to answer any questions along the way.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will takes extra care during delicate situations. When I had a missed miscarriage he was very kind and acknowledged the disappointment we felt. He called me to make sure I knew what to expect in the coming days. I live about 1 1/2 hours from the office so he set up a phone appointment after I had a local D&C. I really appreciate those small considerations.
Make sure to ask questions, even if it seems silly. Dr. Will never makes you feel like it’s a stupid question to be asking.
I have PCOS and we were given the option of IUI or timed intercourse. We were told the overall likelihood of conception is around the same with either. We chose timed intercourse and used letrozole, Follitropin injections, and Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation once my ovarian follicles were large enough. Then we were told to have intercourse over a couple days and 2 weeks later take a home pregnancy test. The next cycle we skipped letrozole and became pregnant.
Nursing staff is very nice at the Ft Wayne location. They seem to pick up on the times when you are having a bad day and just don’t really want to talk about it. They are available through the patient portal and are quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic offers a “package deal” for each cycle. This includes any and all ultrasounds, labs, visits, etc.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Will] was really great explaining everything to us and making sure we had a full understanding of everything going on. We went to the fort wayne location so we only saw him once per cycle but when we did it was a great experience. He was very nice and blunt in the best kind of way, he made sure we were doing everything we could and would praise us and make a big deal if something went right. He never rushed and we always felt that we had all the time in the world to make sure that we got all of our questions and concerns answered.
They [MW Fert Spec] were overall great. Communication, making sure we understood, leading us to discounts, they were wonderful. The patient portal they have set up is also great, and they always responded in a timely manner....They [nurses] were all wonderful. They explained everything perfectly and were completely understanding considering some went through this themselves.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was really great explaining everything to us and making sure we had a full understanding of everything going on. We went to the fort wayne location so we only saw him once per cycle but when we did it was a great experience. He was very nice and blunt in the best kind of way, he made sure we were doing everything we could and would praise us and make a big deal if something went right. He never rushed and we always felt that we had all the time in the world to make sure that we got all of our questions and concerns answered.
Depending on the location, just be aware you might not see him every visit.
He made sure to explain everything to us and made sure we understood everything going on. The nurses also we fantastic, they really felt for us and alot of them would tell me that they went through all of this themselves. It was all very comforting to hear and for the staff to all be upset along woth us when something didn't go as we hoped.
The first cycle we did was Leteozole for 5mg for cycle day 3-7. I went for an ultrasound and I was not responding to the letrozole. So they upped my dose to 7mg and we tried that the next cycle. There was still no response. The third cycle with him we did follistim 50mg cycle day 7-12 and did letrozole 7mg 3-7. I actually responded and had one follicle 21mm and a smaller one at 16mm. I did IUI on cycle day 15 with a ovidril trigger shot 36 hours prior. We are waiting now to see if it worked or not
They were all wonderful. They explained everything perfectly and were completely understanding considering some went through this themselves. Everytime they would call they would act dissapointing and tell us they hoped they had better news. They listened to us and made sure we felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were overall great. Communication, making sure we understood, leading us to discounts, they were wonderful. The patient portal they have set up is also great, and they always responded in a timely manner. Everyone was kind and caring.
Our first cycle was 1225, our second was 1,835. We had to pay all upfront at the first ultrasound appointment
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Reuter called me personally with sensitive test results. She took the time to call after hours to explain the results and what they meant. Dr. Reuter also offered to meet with us at any point to discuss anything in person.... Dr. Reuter suggested a medicated IUI due to my low AMH and my husband's male factor infertility (low motility and morphology). I responded very well to the medication and produced 3 follicles, and had amazing progesterone levels with medication afterwards.
Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] I've interacted with has been very kind and caring. Appointment times/hours aren't always convenient for someone without a very flexible schedule. Be prepared to take time off of work, but that is obviously the nature of needing to see a fertility specialist.... The nurse(s) are kind and welcoming. Sometimes I felt like she assumed I knew everything that was happening or could happen. For example, when I developed a cyst after our medicated IUI I had no idea that could even happen.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter is compassionate with her delivery of news that could be discouraging. She thoroughly explains all options and what her recommendations are based on test results. I appreciated her suggestions for tests to get as much information as possible before making any recommendations for further treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Try and think of as many questions as you can before you go to an appointment with Dr. Reuter. That is your one-on-one time with her, so you want to make the most of your time together. I regret not thinking through more questions before speaking with her. But I do know that she is happy to answer questions that we have, even if it is after speaking with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter called me personally with sensitive test results. She took the time to call after hours to explain the results and what they meant. Dr. Reuter also offered to meet with us at any point to discuss anything in person. I really appreciated her taking time to speak to me personally and allowed time for me to ask questions as well. She really makes herself as available as possible.
Dr. Reuter suggested a medicated IUI due to my low AMH and my husband's male factor infertility (low motility and morphology). I responded very well to the medication and produced 3 follicles, and had amazing progesterone levels with medication afterwards. Unfortunately, the IUI did not result in a pregnancy. I also developed a cyst after that cycle and had to take birth control for 16 days to shrink the cyst. During that time, she recommended that my husband get a sperm DNA fragmentation test. The results of that test would help us determine if another IUI would be worthwhile or not. Unfortunately (again), my husband's sperm DNA fragmentation came back at 38%, which is considered abnormal. Due to this, Dr. Reuter explained that another IUI would not be in our best interest and that she would recommend IVF if we wanted to pursue further treatment. We are currently saving money and taking time to decide if IVF is something we can do or not.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
The nurse(s) are kind and welcoming. Sometimes I felt like she assumed I knew everything that was happening or could happen. For example, when I developed a cyst after our medicated IUI I had no idea that could even happen. So when she told me, I was blindsided and felt so devastated (I blame all of the medication for my reaction though!). Over-explaining is never a problem in my opinion, so I would have appreciated a little more explanation to help me understand things better.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Everyone I've interacted with has been very kind and caring. Appointment times/hours aren't always convenient for someone without a very flexible schedule. Be prepared to take time off of work, but that is obviously the nature of needing to see a fertility specialist. Trying to grow your family is more important than work! There were some issues with paperwork and receiving my husband's test results in the beginning. We finally got it figured out, but it was unfortunate that it wasn't taken care of from the start.
Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't have fertility coverage. After an HSG, several semen analyses, ultrasounds, blood work, medication, and one IUI, we have probably spent around $5,000 so far.

2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I was in an Attain program [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.... Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was.
2015 - 2019
2 Egg Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr colver is very professional and knowledgeable. He is very patient and has had tons of success rates, that’s why I went to him. But with the results of not having any embryos available to be frozen the first retrieval was quite frustrating. We did use frozen sperm (from a post-vasectomy from 15 years ago), which dr colver said he thought was the problem. Then, three months later having only one embryo make it to a 5 day blast (that was pgs tested normal) was another obstacle but I was hopeful. Dr colver said this was normal. Since we only had one pgs tested embabie, we decided to do an ERA test which resulted in being “off” by 12 hours, so I am glad we did it. Next month came our transfer. It did not stick. I was devastated. I came to his office with a whole list of questions and all he really said was this happens. I asked to change the protocol but he said we are getting good results (14 and 15 eggs) from the retrieval. He said to start taking vitamins and lose weight. During this appointment, he actually told me that my eggs were “poor quality” which I was shocked because I was never told this during the incubation period between retrieval and knowing if we had a blasts. I asked what I can do (if any) and then is when he gave me a list of vitamins to take. We only have three “chances”/retrievals and we will be done. We have one more. I am praying this one is different and will work. I don’t see myself without having children. It is overwhelming to think about it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Ask tons of questions. Advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He called from his personal cell phone and checked on me every surgery and after transfer (including when we did not get a positive test).
Describe the protocols Robert Colver used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I don’t have the information with me. I know both retrievals had menopur, gonal f, cetrotide involved. The second round he prescribed more of one medication but I don’t know which one.
Shelly was fabulous. She even gave me her cell phone number if I had more questions while doing the medication because she noticed how nervous I was. The only thing was getting back to me on questions I asked the doctor. This happened maybe three or four times that I had to call her to get the answer instead of her calling me back. She would definitely call me for important information, though. It was more just questions I had for dr colver.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths-personable, knowledgeable Weakness-not explaining what is next and not knowing my different options for paying. I asked tons of questions because I had no idea what to expect for the next thing I was supposed to do.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Mine were always in the mornings which worked for me and my job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I was in an Attain program. So I was giving three chances with retrievals with unlimited transfers for a lump sum. It was around 24k. This is not including my medication that cost around $6,500 and my husband’s TESE surgery $3,500 or the ERA. I had no clue how much all these extra costs would actually be, and that surprised me.
Describe Robert Colver's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
He said it was up to us; however, unfortunately we only had one to transfer
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists.

Since I had switched to Dr. Bopp after two failed IUIs, we decided with my age to go straight to IVF. He is very open and honest about options and supportive in our decisions. He gives us all of the information we need to make the best decision for us. ... I am very confident in his expertise. He is always extremely positive and he just sets me at ease when he is in the room and explaining things and doing procedures. He is very easy to talk to.
With Midwest Fertility, they work with my schedule and not just push things back because it is inconvenient for them. Every staff member has been outstanding to work with. It is a very efficient office and I am not there very long for my appointments. In addition, I get lab/ultrasound results back fairly quickly. ... Where do I start with my compliments of my nurse. She is ALWAYS there for me and is just amazing.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is an amazing doctor. I actually switched to him based off of recommendations from my coworkers, who both have had success with him. I am very confident in his expertise. He is always extremely positive and he just sets me at ease when he is in the room and explaining things and doing procedures. He is very easy to talk to.
You won't find a more personable professional fertility doctor.
They really care about me there. I can email at any time and know I am going to get a quick response. I feel very comfortable with this doctor and his team. They understand the range of emotions that a women goes through, throughout this process.
Since I had switched to Dr. Bopp after two failed IUIs, we decided with my age to go straight to IVF. He is very open and honest about options and supportive in our decisions. He gives us all of the information we need to make the best decision for us. We are currently going through our first round of IVF. We used ICSI with our retrieval. From 15 eggs, 11 mature, 7 fertilized and 2 made it to day 5. We used PGS for both of those embryos and they both came back normal. We have done a mock trial to make sure that the window of implantation is receptive. I just started my first FET month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
Where do I start with my compliments of my nurse. She is ALWAYS there for me and is just amazing. She is very compassionate with the entire process. She always asks me how I am doing. She is very knowledgeable and explains things easily.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I was amazed at the difference when I switched to this office. They make themselves way more available than my other doctor office. For example, with the other office I always felt like I was on their time and not my cycle time. With Midwest Fertility, they work with my schedule and not just push things back because it is inconvenient for them. Every staff member has been outstanding to work with. It is a very efficient office and I am not there very long for my appointments. In addition, I get lab/ultrasound results back fairly quickly.
My appointments are very easy and quick.
We qualified for the ARC fertility program. We personally chose the option where we could do 3 IVF cycles with ICSI for $35, 500 (100% refund option). Then in addition we had to pay for medications, genetic testing, and testing of endometrium for receptivity. That all equaled around 7000 (but this fluctuates each cycle).
Describe Bradford Bopp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
When we first discussed this topic here was our doctor's thoughts. He said it is medically recommended to do a single embryo transfer due to the health risks of multiple pregnancies. In addition, because we were doing to do PGS testing and if we put in two embryos that came back normal, would increase our odds greatly of having multiples. He did say that if we had failed transfers and it was going to be our last try, then he would consider putting in more than one embryo.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I am happy to have Dr. Will as my Doctor. Her caring demeanor and ability to make a solid plan was really helpful. ... I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and a medium sized endometrioma in my left ovary. For my IUI I took Letrozole for days 3 -7 of my cycle, injectible Gonal-F (50) for 3 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI until my pregnancy test.
The only thing I have not liked about this clinic [is the business office. I have felt somewhat rushed and like things were not fully explained in this area. When treatments are so expensive I need to be prepared for what's coming next. Communication could be improved in this area. ... Sometimes you have to call to get results, but other than that they have been very good!
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I am happy to have Dr. Will as my Doctor. Her caring demeanor and ability to make a solid plan was really helpful. I saw her once for my initial appointment, again for an ultrasound and SIS procedure, and last for another consultation after our first IUI failed. The IUI was performed by a RN. I was surprised by this, but other than that have not had any surprises or negative impressions from this Doctor.
She is a caring and thoughtful Doctor. I trust her and have enjoyed having her as my Doctor.
When talking with Dr. Will, I felt that she was truly listening. She did not try to rush through the appointment, and demonstrated a lot of care and empathy. I felt that she truly cared about my situation and valued my experience as a patient.
I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and a medium sized endometrioma in my left ovary. For my IUI I took Letrozole for days 3 -7 of my cycle, injectible Gonal-F (50) for 3 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, and progesterone suppositories from the day after IUI until my pregnancy test. This protocol produced one large and two medium sized follicles, but no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The only thing I have not liked about this clinic is the business office. I have felt somewhat rushed and like things were not fully explained in this area. When treatments are so expensive I need to be prepared for what's coming next. Communication could be improved in this area.
My IUI cycle cost $1750.00. This does not include medication which was approximately $750.00 more.
I have not gone this far in treatment yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Since we’re still receiving treatment I’ll elaborate on our experience thus far. Each visit has gone exactly as expected, Dr Bopp has seen us each time we’ve gone in. He’s been clear, concise, and friendly the whole time. During my SIS test he was constantly checking on me to make sure I wasn’t in pain or uncomfortable. He was very clear about what he saw on the screen and was very thorough. He made me feel like a person not just some patient he wanted in and out of the office.
Midwest has such a warm and encouraging feel as soon as you walk in. I was able to complete all my patient paperwork online which was extremely convenient. When you make your first appointment ask for the best day for you and they will try to make it work. All the office staff has been very helpful and encouraging each time we’ve visited... The IVF cost was more affordable with Dr Bopp than other clinics we’ve been too previously. They also offer payment plans if you cannot afford to pay all at once. They also try to get as much covered by insurance as possible.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Go in with an open mind and ask any questions you may have, even if you think it’s a stupid one. Dr Bopp makes sure any and all questions are answered and makes sure you know exactly what’s going on during your treatment.
During our consultation Dr Bopp spent 10-15 minutes asking about ourselves and them told us some fun facts about himself before diving into our fertility journey. It was such a breath of fresh air to have a doctor who actually wanted to get to know us.
We’re are preparing to have our first cycle of IVF. He’s been thorough about blood work, schedules, and tests. He wants to make sure he has all the information possible before beginning treatment. Since we’re just starting I don’t have much more experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
She made sure I knew who and when to call to get things started and has been extremely helpful in answering any questions we have.
+ Read more- Read less

I’ve only met with him [Dr. Bopp] once and have had two failed IUI cycles ... I had to request a follow up consult after the second failed IUI. Best in class to me would have been the doctor calling me and requesting a consult. ... He also does not specialize in male factor fertility. So he referred us to a specialist (a urologist). It took months to get into to see him and all they did was order a quick blood draw. I feel as if Dr Bopp could have ordered this 6 months ago for us.
I called on a Friday and was seen on the following Tuesday. Overall I’ve liked Midwest Fertility but I felt incredibly unprepared for the period after a medicated cycle. There was no warning of how it would be different from the staff. ... They accommodate a busy work schedule. They call with lab results often same day. But they didn’t run routine labs on male hormones, only did a semen analysis. The male hormones were done by a urologist in another practice.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I’ve only met with him once and have had two failed IUI cycles with this clinic. I had to request a follow up consult after the second failed IUI. Best in class to me would have been the doctor calling me and requesting a consult.
Call -they’ll get you in quickly.
We naturally conceived our now 23 month old after 8 cycles of trying. Based on this he recommended IUI but didn’t share full details of success rates. He also does not specialize in male factor fertility. So he referred us to a specialist (a urologist). It took months to get into to see him and all they did was order a quick blood draw. I feel as if Dr Bopp could have ordered this 6 months ago for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My nurse was my main point of contact and performed both IUIs. She was great but again I wasn’t prepared for a menstration after a medicated cycle. Of course you’re hopeful after treatment but I would have preferred to be made aware VS being surprised. (Super heavy and clots)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
We got in super quick which was great. They accommodate a busy work schedule. They call with lab results often same day. But they didn’t run routine labs on male hormones, only did a semen analysis. The male hormones were done by a urologist in another practice.
We paid for the IUI out of pocket and all in it was $1200 a cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Bradford Bopp] ordered labs and an HSG for me and a SA for my husband...During the HSG he explained and pointed out what was happening on the monitor...clearly explains what's going on with your body and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is very reassuring and friendly...plan is to start letrozole and timed intercourse. I had previously completed three rounds of Clomid with my OBGYN with no success. Dr. Bopp suggested we start with letrozole because it has better success rates in women with PCOS. He said if letrozole and timed intercourse didn't work then we will talk about injections.
During my HSG [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], the nurse I had was also very nice and had excellent beside manner. She, along with the X-ray tech helped to calm my nerves and explained everything that they and Dr. Bopp were doing before, during, and after the procedure...Before the HSG they called to let us know the procedure would cost $1,700 if billed through insurance or $600 of we paid out of pocket...The only thing I would suggest as an improvement would need that our information transfer from office to office. We had to complete a lot of the same demographic information when we went to the Carmel office for my HSG and my husband's SA.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
From the moment we met Dr. Bopp, we felt very welcomed and comfortable. During our consultatation he told us that we had every right to be frustrated but no right to be discouraged. He reassured us that he was in no way concerned about our prognosis. He ordered labs and an HSG for me and a SA for my husband. When the nurse walked us back to the room to get ready for my HSG he walked by, said "hi", and waved to us. This may seem small but it made me feel like I wasn't just another patient. I was very anxious about the HSG because I read that there could be some pain and cramping during and after the procedure. However, I didn't feel anything at all during the HSG and was able to go about my day like normal after the procedure. During the HSG he explained and pointed out what was happening on the monitor. We haven't been seeing him for very long but we feel very comfortable with him and confident that we will have a positive outcome at the end of it all.
There is no need to be nervous or anxious. Dr. Bopp clearly explains what's going on with your body and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is very reassuring and friendly.
We are in the really stages with Dr. Bopp. We had our consultation, did lab work, and the HSG and are now waiting on the results from the SA. Depending on those results, they plan is to start letrozole and timed intercourse. I had previously completed three rounds of Clomid with my OBGYN with no success. Dr. Bopp suggested we start with letrozole because it has better success rates in women with PCOS. He said if letrozole and timed intercourse didn't work then we will talk about injections.
During our consultation we meet with Brooke at the Ft. Wayne office. She was very nice and had good beside manner. I've also sent many messages back and forth to Dr. Bopp's nurses and always get quick thorough responses. During my HSG, the nurse I had was also very nice and had excellent beside manner. She, along with the X-ray tech helped to calm my nerves and explained everything that they and Dr. Bopp were doing before, during, and after the procedure.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The office staff at both clinics were very friendly. They answered any questions I had and were able to get me in contact with someone else if they weren't sure if the answer. They sent us forms to complete before our consultation that were easy to understand. The only thing I would suggest as an improvement would need that our information transfer from office to office. We had to complete a lot of the same demographic information when we went to the Carmel office for my HSG and my husband's SA.
Not sure at this point. After our consultation we were told we had a diagnosis so they were able to bill insurance. Before the HSG they called to let us know the procedure would cost $1,700 if billed through insurance or $600 of we paid out of pocket.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Colver has been great. This is my third IUI cycle, and I’m in the TWW (two week wait) right now. He was very straightforward at my consultation, but he also restored my hope. I left his office with high confidence and faith that I’d get pregnant...The insemination wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared it would feel like my HSG did, but it definitely didn’t...started me on Clomid 50mg CD3-CD7. I responded great, but the side effects caused mood swings and weight gain.
Strengths [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did...The staff are very warm and friendly. They make small talk, and during my ultrasounds they always explained what they were doing. My nurse, Shelley, has been amazing. She always returns my calls and addresses any concerns I have.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Ask as many questions as possible. Be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster you’re about to embark on. Invest in yoga pants because damn that bloat from the hormonal medicines! Midwest Fertility has been amazing dealing with my hormonal, psychotic self coming in for bloodwork and IUI procedures.
Dr Colver started me on Clomid 50mg CD3-CD7. I responded great, but the side effects caused mood swings and weight gain. I also had to give myself the trigger shot in my stomach to force ovulation around CD14. I never had a difficult time with it, but I guess that depends on how you handle needles. My husband would go use the boom boom room at the clinic a day later, and I’d go in an hour after he left to be inseminated. They always gave me his count and motility which is great to know (and apparently good for hub’s ego, he gets excited when his numbers are high). The insemination wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared it would feel like my HSG did, but it definitely didn’t. The nurse would always explain to me what she was doing so I wouldn't be left wondering what was happening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Shelley)
My first IUI cycle the Clomid medicine and Ovidrel trigger shot made me emotional. When I felt AF coming on I became so depressed and upset. I called my nurse to ask a few questions as to what could’ve gone wrong with this cycle and why it failed. I was literally mid-sentence talking to my nurse over the phone when I started crying. She calmed me down and comforted me. I felt so embarrassed afterwords and still do, but it was amazing that she took time to calm me down and make me feel better.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strengths: very warm, great staff, friendly Weakness: I honestly can’t think of any. They’ve been so helpful, and I feel so lucky to have found this clinic. A new patient should expect that they’ll be treated like a human embarking on a difficult journey. You won’t feel like a number. I never did.
My insurance covered 90% of the procedures. My husband’s sperm wash was $250 each cycle which we paid ourselves because my insurance wouldn’t cover that part.

2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Bopp is in the right field. He never hurried me through an appointment and each time I miscarried (3) he called to tell me how sorry he was even on the weekend! He performed two surgeries (outside of fertility treatments) and his bedside manner was excellent! He always made my husband feel the same way too...like he truly mattered! He made adjustments to my treatment when my body couldn't handle some of the medications and encouraged me throughout each cycle!
The nursing staff [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit... Well, fertility treatments are expensive but we were able to opt into a program where we paid everything up front so I wasn't worrying about paying it as we went along.... The clinic became like a second family to us! They are excellent at their jobs. The waiting room is inviting and there is always coffee or water. They are efficient, but still make you feel like you matter when you walk through the doors.
2010 - 2018
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He truly cares and has the best bedside manner that I have ever seen from a doctor. He goes above and beyond!
Dr. Bopp called me personally, on a holiday weekend, when I miscarried. He encouraged me throughout my treatments and when my triplets were born he called and wanted to know how they were doing. He has a beside manner like no other doctor I have ever met!
After five IUI's and seven IVF cycles (fresh & frozen transfers) I don't remember the dosages. They were adjusted throughout each cycle as needed based off of my bodies reaction.
The nursing staff were excellent at answering questions, calling with updates, and communicating new orders from the doctor. They knew my name and made me feel important and were encouraging each visit.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They were usually scheduled for in the morning so they could go over the results with the doctor and make any changes prior to the end of the day.
+ Read more- Read less

I see a different nurse almost every time I go to Midwest Fertility. It can be challenging to have a different nurse every time because treatment for infertility can be very emotional and invasive. If I had the same nurse every time the overall experience would be more comfortable and it would be easier to ask questions. With that being said, I am just thankful that all the nurses I have met at Midwest Fertility are knowledgeable and nice. I also like how at the end of many of my appointments they take me to a small consult room and review all the information that was explained to me during my visit and they go over next steps. This is very helpful because sometimes I think of questions I should have asked earlier in the appointment and I never leave wandering what the next steps are.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp truly cares how his patients are doing. He always asks me how I am feeling about the treatment and how my husband is feeling. He is always willing to connect and talk about personal things like faith. Dr. Bopp explains the treatment options and recommendations clearly. He also considers how your mindset might effect the treatment he recommends for you. For example, I had a consultation because an IUI got canceled due to not ovulating while taking clomid. At the consultation Dr. Bopp recommended letrezole with IUI or injectables with IUI. At the very end he explained that based on the way I had described my feelings he would recommend injectables with IUI. One thing I struggle with is that I have been to Midwest Fertility several times for various reason (ultrasounds, bloodwork, IUIs, consultations) and I have only meet with Dr. Bopp two times, once for the initial consultation and once for another consultation when it was identified that clomid was not working. He did see me walk by his office once and he came out and said hi and asked how things were going. So, I have seen Dr. Bopp 3 times and have been at Midwest Fertility 10-15 times. I think this could be due to Dr. Bopp primarily working out of a different Midwest Fertility office and only being at the Fort Wayne location once a week or something.
Write down questions you have have as you think of them and then take them with you to your appointments. This will help since you will not get to meet with Dr. Bopp very often. You will also have your questions on you in case he pops out of his office to say hi. I also think Dr. Bopp tries to keep the information he shares clear and concise in effort to not overwhelm his patients. I am the type of person that likes to have all the information and details so I like to make sure I ask all my questions.
Dr. Bopp is very kind. He cares as much about how I am feeling has he does about the treatment he is recommending. For example, he has written the title and author of a book he was recommending to me on a prescription pad. Also, when he sees one of his patients walk by his office he comes out to greet and check on them even when their appointment was not to see him.
I feel like I am on a generic fertility treatment strategy. I came to Dr. Bopp after trying a few months of clomid with my obgyn that did not seem to be helping me ovulate. My husband completed a sperm analysis and I completed basic blood work. My husband's sperm analysis came back normal. The cycle I completed my blood work on was not a normal cycle. I called in for clarification on when I was supposed to come in to complete the blood work and I was told to come in on my first day of heavy bleeding. Since my cycle was out of the norm that month I was not sure what day to go in. I gave it my best guess. When my blood work came back there were a couple concerning levels, LH and FSH. Midwest Fertility recommended I have two more levels checked on the same blood sample AMH and one other (I can't remember what it was). The two extra tests came back normal and they explained that this meant my overall blood work was normal. We continued the clomid with my obgyn who increased the dosage a couple times but in the back of my head I was still concerned with my blood work. That's when we scheduled a consultation with Dr. Bopp. Based on the information we shared Dr. Bopp recommended I complete the HSG test and continue clomid at 150mg and try IUI. The HSG test result were normal so we did two cycles of clomid with IUI. The first time I had 2 mature follicles and the second time I did not ovulate at all. (Also, during onw of the IUI cycles they did blood work to test my thyroid, the results came back normal). When I did not ovulate Dr. Bopp requested a consultation. During the consultation Dr. Bopp recommended letrezole with IUI or injectables with IUI. Right now we are taking a break from fertility treatments because we just feel confused about what is keeping us from conceiving and we feel like we are being sold services that might increase our chances of getting pregnant but are not necessarily addressing our challenges.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Midwest Fertility in Fort Wayne has very nice staff. All of the staff seem to always be in a good mood. When I arrive for my appointment I usually don't have to wait long at all. I think the longest I have waited in 15 minutes.
When we called to schedule the sperm analysis it was $150 but they offered a package that was a sperm analysis and basic blood work for $100 so we chose the package. The initial consultation with Dr. Bopp was around $200 and I think the second consultation was around $75. The IUI package we went with was around $1,200 and included everything needed for the IUI (ultrasounds, blood work, sperm preparation, insemination).
+ Read more- Read less

My first consultation after my HSG, she [Dr. Laura Reuter] jumped right into IUI with Clomid and trigger injection, which surprised me because I was almost mid cycle, but she went for it. My 2nd IUI she changed my meds to let letrozole, gonal f and trigger- my estrogen was a little lower with letrozole, but she proceeded with IUI because numbers still looked good. My final round she decided to do gonal f and trigger- which resulted in me becoming pregnant!
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
My very first IUI she did the procedure and made me feel at ease! She was very good with her communication style and put any worries I had away! She was quick to ensure I had all my questions answered and explain the procedures!
While she doesn’t see you every single visit (as you come in quite a few times) she is always there when you need her! It’s so nice to know you have someone who has your back.
From the very beginning Dr Reuter was determined to ensure I got pregnant, all my tests and everything were good, but I was getting frustrated I was getting pregnant. She kept changing my meds until i finally got my positive test on my 3rd IUI! She was very excited for me, and was in the ultrasound room when I got to see my baby for the first time! It was very heartwarming to have her in there.
My first consultation after my HSG, she jumped right into IUI with Clomid and trigger injection, which surprised me because I was almost mid cycle, but she went for it. My 2nd IUI she changed my meds to let letrozole, gonal f and trigger- my estrogen was a little lower with letrozole, but she proceeded with IUI because numbers still looked good. My final round she decided to do gonal f and trigger- which resulted in me becoming pregnant!
You speak to the nursing staff quite often throughout treatments, they are very knowledgeable and know Dr Reuter very well and can almost anticipate her next move. They are very compassionate, and genuinely excited when I found out I was pregnant!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice and welcoming, they tend to get to know you because of how often you come in. They explain everything as far as timing to you, and help you with anything you may need. There was a billing issue with my husband’s insurance that we had to deal with a few times, but they finally got it resolved
My health insurance luckily paid for the majority of it since I had not hit my out of pocket yet, so they paid about $2500 for three IUI’s, testing and meds
Describe Laura Reuter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I did not have to have this done

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Reuter is fantastic, very enthusiastic yet extremely realistic. Always shared her "recommendation" but allowed us to chose our path....She always answered all of my questions thoroughly, I never felt rushed. Often times when we met, she would answer all of our questions we had written down, before we even asked them!... After failures ( IUI, egg retrieval etc), Dr. Reuter had fresh ideas, she always adjusted things, we never felt like we were doing the same thing twice. She even solicited/ referred my husband to urology.
It [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile... I was always able to speak to my nurse, when I did not reach her right away, I knew she would call back by the end of the day.
European, Latino
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter always showed compassion and empathy. Whenever we spoke on the phone, she would say "sorry" when we had bad news,and would be happy along side us when we finally had better news. She always answered all of my questions thoroughly, I never felt rushed. Often times when we met, she would answer all of our questions we had written down, before we even asked them! She always exuded confidence, which something that is so necessary in this unknown infertility roller coaster.
Be ready with questions, she will be ready with answers! She is very personable, so if something does not seem right or you have more questions, do not be afraid to ask.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It is a big clinic. You will not always have the same person drawing your blood or performing your ultrasound. This proved to be beneficial, as some were more proficient/ experienced than others. Although they are open on the weekends, do not expect them to answer the phone on weekends or holidays. You are always greeted and sent off with a smile ( office staff is very friendly).
Facility fee is separate. Payments were due on the first scan day (IVF cycles). When paying out of pocket for meds, they suggested cheaper pharmacies/ options.
Dr. Reuter always had MY health at the forefront. If she did not feel something would be "safe" for ME, despite our dreams of being parents, she did not do it.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially.... Dr Will continued my previous treatment dose of letrozole because I was responding to it. However he added Gonal F to be a little more aggressive. Had the option of IUI but chose to do timed intercourse with trigger to save some money knowing that we had healthy sperm.
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received.... The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month. He definitely allows the patient to guide the cycle while being open and honest about his recommendations.
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Dr. Will was very warm and encouraging at the first meeting and took time from his schedule to do a phone meeting with my husband and I in order to accommodate our long commute to his office. He was able to start a new cycle tailoring to what I have already tried and what we felt comfortable with financially. Time will tell the next steps but we do have a plan in place if it is unsuccessful this month.
Dr Will continued my previous treatment dose of letrozole because I was responding to it. However he added Gonal F to be a little more aggressive. Had the option of IUI but chose to do timed intercourse with trigger to save some money knowing that we had healthy sperm. If this cycle is not successful, our plan is to do an HSG to check for fallopian tube blockage. If there is major blockage, IVF may be our route.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I were moving to the area and upon the first phone call to Dr. Will’s office, I felt taken care of. They understood my circumstance and really accommodated our needs immediately. Very friendly staff. Make sure to understand the package price vs what I call “a la carte’’ pricing. I still don’t fully understand the rationale but basically you can choose to pay a certain price on Day 1 of the cycle, which may be more or less than the total cost of all treatment received. However supposedly if you don’t choose to do the package at the beginning, you could end up paying more than the package price.
The baseline ultrasound is $435. Subsequent ultrasounds are $355. Estradiol level is $98. Initial consult was ~$200. Injectable meds were ~$300.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Rueter was very kind during every step. She explained all the choices we had during our first meeting, and then accepted our choices for what direction we wanted to take. We have had early complications during our 2 positive IVF cycles. Dr. Rueter was very compassionate and willing to do anything that she thought would put me to ease and help us with our chances of a successful pregnancy.
Most times, I was in and out of the clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] promptly...I always had plenty of time with the Shelly [nurse]. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX...Due to specific male factors, we knew we would have to either use IUI or IVF. The chances with IVF were higher, and we went with this course of action. Dr. Reuter was a little surprised I think, but supportive. 8 eggs retrieved, 6 progressed to 5 day maturity, 2 came back with chromosomal abnormality meaning we had 4 for implantation. First implant was unsuccessful. Next 2 implants resulted in pregnancy. Each time only 1 embryo implanted.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Reuter explained everything (other than the medication; that information was explained by the nurse). I truly felt like she cared about our outcomes, my feelings, and everything in between. She told it to us "straight up", but with as much love as possible.
The egg retrieval will be more painful than you expect. You are under sedation when it takes place, but I was not aware that I would be sore/ in pain the next day.
I always had plenty of time with the Shelly. She called when she said she would, replied to my phone calls, and gave me suggestions when we were having problems with insurance covering RX.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
With fertility treatments, everything can change in a day. Most times, I was in and out of the clinic promptly. Sometimes a lot of people would end up needing to come in on a Monday, schedule any visits you can on a non-Monday. You should be aware that you will be there for an hour each time; usually because you will have blood drawn, an ultrasound, and a consultation. I feel like for all 3 of these things to get accomplished within an hour is good timing for any doctors office.
Our insurance covered most of the charges. We did have co-pays for visits and medication. Some medication was hard to obtain (due to our insurance) and we paid out of pocket. Even with coverage, we still paid over $2000 for each IVF cycle/implant.
Since we did PGS testing, the clinic / Dr policy is to only do eSET. We ha no issue with this.

2013 - 2018
Dr Colver was really invested in helping my husband and myself achieve a pregnancy. We conceived our daughter on our first IUI. We've been trying to conceive a second child and done three IUIs with no successful pregnancy yet. Dr Colver was happy to send us on to another clinic that had a lower cost IVF. Even though he would no longer be following our care, he wanted us to get pregnant regardless of it was under his care or not.
This clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver has a wonderful bedside manner. I will say I felt like I really had to stay on top of my treatment details, but I think a large culprit of that was that I was treated at my local obgyn office for ultrasounds as well so information was filtered to his office. Dr Colver's biggest goal was to get me pregnant whether that was with his practice or somewhere else. That says a lot about a doctor and his goals for his patients vs. just treating everyone as a number.
Be on top of your treatment details. Keep a datebook of protocol/treatment. Ask questions if you don't understand something.
Dr. Colver used a combination cycle of 7.5 mg femara and 112.5-187.5 Gonal F for 4-7 days for my IUI cycles. This protocol worked for our doctor so we continued it trying for our second child. His rationale was it worked previously and I was consistently producing 1-3 mature follicles so we continued. The first two IUIs I had a chemical pregnancy. The third IUI cycle I actually started ovulating on my own so we had to do an emergency IUI 1-2 days earlier than expected. I truly believe I would have gotten pregnant had a been given medicine to prevent early ovulation. It may have also allowed me to produce more eggs. Because of my PCOS diagnosis, I may have several eggs that aren't truly healthy so producing a few more eggs wasn't off a big concern to me as I've always product several and only had a Singleton tegnwncy carry to term.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherri Papps)
The nurses truly cared for their patients in my experience. I will say sometimes it took quite a while to get an answer back if you left a message. But when you called they always followed up and f they didn't know the answer they asked the doctor. Sherri really cared about the success of her patient's cycles.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic cared about its patients achieving pregnancy. They treated you as more than a number. A weakness was due to the sheer volume of patients they treated they would sometimes have to be reminded about the details of your cycle. I also felt like sometimes they hesitated to try a different protocol. Typically the only changes in my cycles would be increased doses of medicine.
I believe bloodwork to test my estrodial number was approximately $200 and my IUI procedure was $500.
Not applicable as I had IUI cycles
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Erica Will is an amazing doctor. I am so grateful for her for being so caring, trustworthy and understanding. I will never forget when she said “We will get you your family.” That will forever stick with me. I wanted to burst into tears at my appointment but I held them back until I was done with my appointment.... I am 25 years old and my ovarian reserve is 1.05. It’s slightly on the lower side for my age. I don’t ovulate regularly and I used Femera and did 3 IUIS with trigger that were unsuccessful. I did 1 IUI with Femera and Gonal f with trigger and Progesterone that was also unsuccessful.
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.... From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.
Dr. Erica Will is an amazing doctor. I am so grateful for her for being so caring, trustworthy and understanding. I will never forget when she said “We will get you your family.” That will forever stick with me. I wanted to burst into tears at my appointment but I held them back until I was done with my appointment. I may be heartbroken now, because we are starting our final IUI next month and I’m holding on to a little bit of hope still, but it will get better. I will try to apply for IVF grants and pray that we get lucky. We have come so far and it’s hard to give up now.
Dr. Erica Will is very understanding and was up front about my situation. As hard as it is to hear some things, she knows how to say it with empathy where it doesn’t hurt as much.
Dr. Erica Will is a great doctor. She is so caring and understanding and so is all of her staff. We may not have gotten pregnant yet, but I am so grateful for all of them and for making the most difficult time in our life a little easier. We are doing one more IUI with injectables in April and if it’s not successful we will be done for a while. I have talked to Dr. Erica Will about IVF, but we don’t have near the amount that we need for the treatment. We don’t have insurance coverage and have paid $10,000 for our IUIS. My fiance had to get another job so we can afford just the IUIS. We continue to pray every single day. No matter what, we will always be grateful for everyone at the Fort Wayne Midwest Fertility Specialists Clinic.
I am 25 years old and my ovarian reserve is 1.05. It’s slightly on the lower side for my age. I don’t ovulate regularly and I used Femera and did 3 IUIS with trigger that were unsuccessful. I did 1 IUI with Femera and Gonal f with trigger and Progesterone that was also unsuccessful. The 5th IUI I did was straight injectables with trigger and then Progesterone that was unsuccessful. Today I had to take a pregnancy test to see if this IUI worked and it was negative, so I’m having a really hard day and this is how I came across this website. When you are in desperate need of help for the next step of treatment you would do anything.
The nursing staff is just as great as Dr. Erica Will. I could cry when I talk about how great they all are. They were born to do their jobs. They’re nothing short of amazing and I will forever be grateful for all of them no matter if I have a baby or not from the treatments we do there.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very clean and the receptionists at the front desk are always smiling and happy. They make me feel welcome every time I am there. It helps coming to a place where you feel comfortable. The whole process of infertility is hard so these things mean so much. I don’t think the clinic has any weaknesses.
My fiance and I don’t have insurance so we have been paying everything out of pocket. From the beginning to the 5th IUI that I found out today that was unsuccessful we have paid $10,000 out of pocket.

2013 - 2018
Dr.Will is so genuine in how he cares for you, from the delivery of the news that IVF was our only option, throughout the entire process. So much we were so sad we wanted to stay under his care through delivery. We have developed such a positive doctor patient relationship with him. He explains each step so you can understand and always makes us feel comfortable to ask any question.... My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.... Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Being dealt the cards that IVF was our only option to conceive was heart breaking, earth shattering, you name it we felt it! I could not have imagined going through this process with any other doctor. We are so grateful to have been matched up with Dr.Will. He is everything and more you would ask in a fertility doctor. He is compassionate, empathetic, and is so wonderful at communicating. Our first IVF wasn’t the easiest road after we were pregnant, as we had a lot of scares and each time we came in you felt his genuine care to make sure we and the baby were okay. Words aren’t enough to explain how wonderful Dr.Will is as a person and as a doctor.
That you couldn’t be in better hands and to not be afraid to ask any question even if you feel it’s a crazy question. Dr.Will will always make you feel comfortable.
My husband’s sperm measured abnormal in all 3 categories so our beat option to successfully conceive was to do IVF. We had done all the pre testing including the dye in my Fallopian tubes and thankfully everything looked good on my end. We had daily injections leading up to the egg retrieval. Then went into a fresh transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and thankfully one attached. During the pregnancy I was overstimulated to the point my stomach was distended and I was collecting liquid. I had to be sent to have a procedure done to release the liquids. I also became dehydrated and had to be put on an IV of fluids, but thankfully that was also the day we found out we were pregnant. So it made that not feeling so well feel amazing! I also had unexplained bleeding throughout my first trimester so I was on close watch throughout with ultrasounds and as a result Dr.Will kept me on longer as a patient before turning me over to my OBGYN, which we greatly appreciated. We felt so cared for that it felt like a family member taking care of us versus a doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Cheryl was the perfect extension of Dr.Will. I could call her for any question or any discomfort I was having and she would always return my call quickly and restored my confidence in how I was feeling. She was wonderful. My nurse this second round is Emily and she’s wonderful as well. They have a great team and Midwest Fertikity.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I have nothing but great things to say about the office. Everyone is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best word to describe the environment of this office is genuine. The waiting area is calm and comfortable. It’s nice to have this environment to go through such an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking process.
First round about $15,000 this round about $21,000
No comments. I trust Dr.Will’s recommendations and follow them.

2013 - 2018
She's [Dr. Laura Reuter] highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. ... Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that.
It's a nice office [MW Fertility Specialists]. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here... I'm not a fan of nurse Shelly. She's impatient, kind of cold, and hard to talk to. She does make me feel rushed when I see her and I don't like that. But she follows Dr. Reuter's directives so I go with her when I have appointments.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
She's highly knowledgeable so I never doubted her skill or expertise. She answers questions thoroughly and doesn't rush patients through appointments. IUIs were done by nurses but we did need her to do it at one point so she came in and helped. Also, when I had a bleeding scare after I conceived she was on-call and talked me through it. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing! Now the cons. Apparently I had PCOS during my first round of treatments but she didn't tell me that. I was surprised to find out I have PCOS as I try for my second child. If I'd known that I would've modified my diet, tried different supplements, and otherwise try to minimize the effects of PCOS on my own. Another thing is she's kind of a fat-shamer. She always comments on my weight while I'm there and while I understand obesity impairs fertility I never get any advice other than "eat less." I'm obese, so clearly I'm aware it's a problem. I'd rather leave weight conversations to my PCP. Last con: she's very conservative with treatments. Again, I understand, the risks of multiples is high. But I wish she'd be more okay with twins if they happened. I don't particularly want to experience a multiples pregnancy but I wouldn't avoid doing an IUI with 3 or 4 follicles because of that concern.
Make sure you come with your questions. She will listen to your concerns and will address everything you ask. Just make sure you're prepared so you can take full advantage of the appointment.
She always takes time to answer my questions, which I really appreciate. She makes sure I understand what's going on before our appointment is over. I like that she doesn't make me feel rushed. She also asks about my son, who I conceived under her care, and I like that she remembers.
I did 3 cycles with Clomid to start. They yielded 2-3 good-sized follicles with each cycle so I understand why she wanted to keep trying. Statistically you're likely to get pregnant in the first 3 IUI cycles without further intervention if you're relatively young and healthy. I didn't get pregnant, so she did an HSG to see if I had any tube blockages and the ramped up the medication to Femara + FSH. I didn't respond to Femara well and only had 1 follicle. That cycle failed. I did one more IUI with all FSH and that resulted in 2 large follicles (1 20 mm, 1 22 mm) and I got pregnant. I'm trying the same protocol again this month and hope it works!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It's a nice office. There's an accupuncturist right next door who works with the clinic so I think that's really cool. The office staff is really friendly, and remember me by name. The waiting area is nice. The location is kind of inconvenient but there's not too much they can do about that. I also live far away so that's the primary issue here.
$800-ish for an oral-medications cycle, $1500 for a FSH cycle.
If I were older and only had one shot to get it right, I'd be okay with eSET. But at age 35, if I had to do IVF I would transfer 2 embryos. The likelihood of both implanting isn't that great and I would rather risk twins than not have the procedure work at all. She said there's a 75% chance of getting pregnant with eSET but it's also prohibitively expensive for those not covered by insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. ... I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos.... He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
Everyone at the clinic is friendly, helpful and generally nice! They are always willing to help get you on the schedule and comfort you if something is wrong. I have yet to meet someone there that I was not greeted with a smiling face and a warm heart.... Cheryl was a great nurse. Very organized, helpful and even let me come in and get my progesterone shots when my husband was out of town. Emily is a great nurse as well. She is kind, helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She always calls to give me answers to questions I have and help me find the best solution to medicine that I am taking.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I had a child before I came into see Dr. Will. I have a little PCOS but mostly it was secondary infertility. From the moment we met Dr. Will, I felt at ease knowing that he would help me have another child. He explained everything that he was going to try to do and how each step would look. He is extremely caring, helpful, understanding and compassionate. I did IUI three times and each time did not get pregnant. We moved onto IVF and we transferred 2 embryos. They both stuck...amazing! Around 9 weeks, we found out that one of the embryos did not make it. Dr. Will was there the whole time during my ultrasound, holding my hand while I cried and comforting me and explaining to me what he thought had happened. After leaving, I felt a lot more at ease knowing what was going on and that he was going to monitor me extra to make sure the other baby would be safe. Now we have a little boy who we love dearly. He truly is an amazing man who cares deeply for each patient he sees and LOVES what he does!
Be yourself, tell him your fears and ask questions. He will always be there to answer them.
Dr. Will is an amazing doctor. He is very considerate, helpful, and willing to sit and chat about treatments and options. He was very elaborate about what the procedures were going to look like and all the things associated with it.
We did 3 IUI's that did not work. We moved onto IVF and used Follistim, Menopur, estrogen and progestrone. I don't remember the dosage though. We got 27 eggs, 22 matured, 11 fertilized and 5 made it to blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos on our fresh cycle. They both stuck and had heartbeats. Around 9 weeks, we lost 1 of the babies. We waited a year and a half and did a frozen transfer. This time, we only transferred 1 embryo. It did not stick. I was on 2 mg of estrogen 3x a day from day 2 of my period. On day 14 of my cycle, I started progesterone. (1.5 ml a day) I also had to take Doxycycline and Methylprednisolone 4 days before my transfer. (2x a day) We are going to do a mock cycle this time around to make sure that my endometrium is good and the right time for implantation. After that, we will try for another FET with just 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and now it is Emily)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
My insurance did cover some monitoring appts but other than that we paid out of pocket. It was around $10,000 for IVF plus my medicine which was probably around $4500. We also paid for some appts after I got pregnant which I can't remember what that came out to be. We paid around $2000 for our FET plus medicine (which was minimal...around $250) but it didn't work.
The first time we did IVF (fresh cycle), Dr. Will was ok with me doing 2 embryos. Our frozen cycle, he told me it was always up to me but he preferred I did only 1 embryo because of my age, my previous pregnancy and just the overall health benefits for me.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Will has been fantastic throughout the process. He's gone above and beyond what most doctors would do in terms of customer service. He spends as much time as it takes to answer all our questions without rushing us and he has even personally made calls to third-parties on our behalf to make things happen quickly....as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around.
The clinic [MW Fert Spec] is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long....The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online... We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
While we haven't had the results we hoped for yet, Dr. Will has been candid but caring throughout the process. He makes you feel like he is invested in our goal and genuinely cares. His customer service exceeds expectations and is dedicated to making sure all our questions and concerns are addressed.
I don't recall the specific drugs/dosages, but as we are preparing for our second cycle of IVF, Dr. Will spent a lot of time discussing the tweaks to the regime for this round and the rationale for why he was making them and why we didn't do it that way the first time around. He was very thorough.
My wife dealt with Emily the most, but she always felt informed and reassured after speaking with her.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean, convenient and is staffed with very nice employees who generally put a premium on customer service and bed-side manner. If there is any complaint, it would be that there can be times where wait times for appointments get long. While inconvenient, this is understandable given the staff's dedication to answering all questions until the patient is fully informed without rushing them out the door. Moreover, scheduling for them has to be difficult given the fact that with these kinds of treatments, patients are required to call in for a next day appointment all the time due to cycles and timing.
The cost for IUI was less than what I had expected after researching online (around $600 vs $800). IVF is obviously expensive, but the clinic's costs weren't out of whack with what we expected after researching online. We appreciated that MFC participated in the Attain program and also offered their own in-house program for purchasing multiple cycles with a discount and some guarantees.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Will is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with...went above and beyond my expectations for this journey. He was thorough in his answers, understood our nerves and helped to alleviate them. He made calls when it wasn't really his job to get paperwork completed (he actually called the fertility program we're working with to get our paperwork rolling b/c the office had limited staff due to weather). He called us even when he didn't need to b/c we had an odd appointment for an ultrasound and he wanted to make sure that we understood everything he takes into consideration and that he knows the techs all measure follicles differently (and he accounts for that) so he looks at the images taken too...not just follicle count and sizes they provided us
Emily [nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments...We paid $525 for each IUI...$1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will went above and beyond my expectations for this journey. He was thorough in his answers, understood our nerves and helped to alleviate them. He made calls when it wasn't really his job to get paperwork completed (he actually called the fertility program we're working with to get our paperwork rolling b/c the office had limited staff due to weather). He called us even when he didn't need to b/c we had an odd appointment for an ultrasound and he wanted to make sure that we understood everything he takes into consideration and that he knows the techs all measure follicles differently (and he accounts for that) so he looks at the images taken too...not just follicle count and sizes they provided us (It really made us worry!). Every time we have met with him he is compassionate, understanding, thorough and fun. If you can't laugh with your doctor when you're going through this then who can you laugh with (especially when I told him I was going to create "infertility bingo" because I seemed to be checking all the boxes off of statistics related to infertility (1 in 4 miscarriages, 1 in 8 women have infertility issues, % of women with an inverted uterus, % of women who have a failed first IVF cycle, etc.) and that I wouldn't need the free space to win! HA! I can't imagine this journey with another doctor. Dr. Will is one in a million and we are lucky to have him on our side!
Ask any question you want to ask...be your own advocate...and know that he'll answer every last one of them. Don't be afraid to ask him...he's just the best! And be prepared for his laugh...it's amazing and brings a smile to your face!
Dr. Will is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with. He took the time to explain everything to us, making sure we understood, went out of his way to do things for us in our process and reminded us that this is possible and he'll do everything he can to help us achieve our dream. He made me feel human and every time we were with him it was just about us, not about what was happening the rest of the day or in the office.
Gonal-f 225 Menopur- 75 for the first 5 days and 125 for the next 7 Cetrotide- 125 HCG trigger shot 10 eggs retrieved/all mature 9 eggs fertilized 3 embryos made it to Day 6 blastocyst All 3 PGS tested and were all abnormal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily Botich)
Emily was amazing! Always caring and compassionate when I had to call and say I got a negative pregnancy test with our IUI's and throughout all of our appointments. She even marked an x on my butt for our trigger shot to make sure my husband gave me the shot in the right spot :). All of the nurses we worked with were informative and caring.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Strength: Great staff and facilities! Weakness: they get behind on appointments a lot; but after having one of those longer than planned appointments where they answered every last question to make sure we understood everything I know why they get backed up. And I appreciate them getting backed up if it's b/c of that.
We paid $525 for each IUI, insurance covered my blood work for each IUI but otherwise we had to pay $24K to the infertility program we used, $1400 to genesis counseling (for the PGS testing), $450 for anesthesia to the clinic, $5K for the stim meds and eventually will have to pay for the transfer and transfer meds.

Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Colver took the time to listen to everything we had to say. Answered all our questions and explained the next steps thoroughly. We didn’t see him every visit, however the nurses were able to ask him our questions and were prompt to get back to us. He was confident in us succeeding, however as of yet we have not. We are on a current break but plan on resuming treatment in the future, with Dr. Colver.
The nursing staff at MWFS is AMAZING. My husband and I talk often about how much we miss them during this break of treatment. They are the most compassionate and personal staff of nurses I have ever met.... We went through 7 cycles of clomid, 6 cycles were paired with iui.Clomid dosage was low, 50 mg. However, I responded to the dosage amount. Naturally I experience ovulation too late in my cycle, with natural cycle ranging 30-33. With clomid I would ovulate cd 15 and had exact cycles of 30 days. With my natural late ovulation and male factor infertility it is “the perfect” storm to keep us from conceiving. We tried one cycle of clomid with time intercourse.
Male Factor, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and express your opinion.
Dr. Clover and staff were extremely personable. Not only did I feel like a human and not number but they genuinely cared about us.
We went through 7 cycles of clomid, 6 cycles were paired with iui.Clomid dosage was low, 50 mg. However, I responded to the dosage amount. Naturally I experience ovulation too late in my cycle, with natural cycle ranging 30-33. With clomid I would ovulate cd 15 and had exact cycles of 30 days. With my natural late ovulation and male factor infertility it is “the perfect” storm to keep us from conceiving. We tried one cycle of clomid with time intercourse. We were going to be out of town and still wanted to be proactive on the treatment. Dr. C initially believed we would have had success on the clomid/iui combo, however we didn’t. Next course of treatment recommendation was ivf, where he believed we would have 98% success rate. If that was financially unattainable (which it is) then he recommended to try cycle of injections paired with iui. That is what we are considering next.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Reuter and the staff were always willing to see us to answer questions. We had 2-3 additional consultations with Dr Reuter or her nurse just to answer questions...She explained the issues, best course of treatment for best odds, was excited for us when things went well. She called us personally for all of the big ivf cycle updates. Overall we appreciated all the time she took to explain things and help us to have a child with the best odds. We were in control of our treatment.
Multiple times, they [staff at Midwest Fertility Specialists] did not call information to my husband's urologist...Modern clinic. Multiple doctors. Easy to get early morning appointments. No major complaints. Convenient location for those on North side of Indianapolis...They even coordinated with a counseling group in the area to help sort through all the emotions of infertility and going through IVF.
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr Reuter is less emotional than some of the other doctors in the practice (so I heard from the nurses). But she was still compassionate, and we appreciated the objective discussions.
Overall strategy was to have two kids. We had male factor infertility with genetic fragmentation problems. I think Dr Reuter targeted getting a reasonable but not too many eggs for the cycle to help improve the odds. I remember expressing concerns about OHSS, but the nurse said the practice had not had any issues in years. I have no female infertility that we know of. I think I did 9-10 days of injections- gonal-f and menopur. They did ovary ultrasounds every 2 days. We did HCG injection before the egg retrieval. I had 19 eggs retrieved, which was more than Dr Reuter targeted. No OHSS. It took me a few days to feel better and function normally after the retrieval. On my husband's side, we worked with a urologist. That Dr recommended getting an immature sperm sample from the testicles to use for the fertilization with ICSI. So my husband had that surgery so the sample was fresh on the same day as egg retrieval. He had a frozen sperm sample back up. This was after a year of him trying different medications (clomid, hcg) to balance his hormones and improve sperm quality. We did a freeze all with the plan to transfer one later in the year. At five days, only two embryos remained. We did PGS testing, and both were normal. I was very glad to do a frozen transfer later so that my hormones and body would be more balanced and ready for the embryo. We did the egg retrieval in July, and FET in September. With the FET, I had to have a regulated cycle with estradiol and later PIO injections. Also with the FET, I did acupuncture weeks before, on the day of transfer, and throughout the pregnancy. The transfer was successful! I had to continue PIO injections through 12 weeks, which was really tough while I was very nauseous. We still have one frozen embryo for transfer later. They recommend transferring about 18 months or later after delivery, and you have to have stopped breastfeeding due to the hormones.
Overall Shelley was a good nurse. She was always available by phone or appointment to answer questions. Sometimes we would get frustrated by an approach we didn't understand. Talking to her would sort it out.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Overall really good success rate. Modern clinic. Multiple doctors. Easy to get early morning appointments. No major complaints. Convenient location for those on North side of Indianapolis. If you have any questions or concerns, just ask, and they should answer them for you. They even coordinated with a counseling group in the area to help sort through all the emotions of infertility and going through IVF.
I think it was about $20k for one ivf cycle. About $4k was medication. We spent another $10k on my husband's surgery and specimen handling.
From all of my research and the clinic's practice, it is best to transfer only one embryo, especially if it is genetically normal. This reduces the risk of pregnancy complications. I agree with this approach.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] is very private and not located in the same building as a regular OB, so you do not have to worry about seeing pregnant women. The decor is very neutral, I like how they do not have photos of babies and silly saying about "achieving dreams" anywhere. They are quick with test results and the staff is absolutely great.... I really appreciate how quick they called with test results. They always took time to discuss the results and answer any questions I had. Some of the nurses have even been through infertility themselves, which is great because they understand how the patients feel.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Colver reviewed my file and identified some oddities in my test results that both of my previous RE's missed. After 18 months of treatment, including 6 months of clomid and 2 miscarriages, I became pregnant on my first cycle with him with a single healthy baby. I am still shocked at how quickly things worked out once I switched doctors. I wish I would have come to Dr. Colver from the beginning. I like that Dr. Colver is a stats guy, he gives the "odds" that various treatment tactics will work and the odds of miscarrying at certain times. This really helped me process and understand the nature of my treatment. He is very compassionate and an overall nice guy.
Go see him. If you are at all unhappy with your current doctor, go see him right now! I wasted 18 months and had 2 miscarriages before I switched and I am so glad we finally made the leap.
Dr. Colver is very compassionate and caring. He PERSONALLY called me with the results of my HCG blood draw.
Dr. Colver noticed that my LH and FSH numbers were not what you'd expect for someone with diminished ovarian reserve. Since I had done 6 unsuccessful cycles of clomid and had 2 miscarriages, he suspected there might be an egg quality issue. He recommended trying a menopur protocol with a Ovidrel trigger to force ovulation since I have a short luteal phase. He was very conservative with my menopur dosage since we did not want to overstim. We then did an IUI since menopur is a relatively expensive drug and we wanted to make sure that we had the timing exactly right. I am now pregnant with a single baby.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very private and not located in the same building as a regular OB, so you do not have to worry about seeing pregnant women. The decor is very neutral, I like how they do not have photos of babies and silly saying about "achieving dreams" anywhere. They are quick with test results and the staff is absolutely great.
My insurance does not cover any infertility treatment. My Menopur was around $800 out of pocket. They charge around $2500 for an out of pocket IUI cycle, which includes all monitoring, ultrasounds and of course, the actual IUI. Once I had a positive pregnancy test, insurance kicked in and I was covered.
+ Read more- Read less

It seems to be feast or famine at this office [MW Fertility Specialists-Carmel]...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.... Sherry is a very thorough nurse. During injection training she made sure I understood what I was doing as it was my first time. She worked with me on the price of medications and found a pharmacy that cost more than $1000 less than what my insurance wanted. She calls when she says she will, she answers all of my questions and deals with anxiety-fueled over chattiness with ease. She always hugs me at the end of our appointments, and makes me feel really positive about the potential outcome.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We met with Dr Colver because we are experiencing secondary infertility, and had sought fertility treatment via my OB in our former state. We told him what our issues were, showed him test results and explained former procedures, and asked him what his thoughts were. He took the whole picture of our situation into account when he made his recommendation as to how he would proceed, and it didn’t feel like a sales pitch, it felt like he wanted us to get pregnant in a way that we felt comfortable with and that we would also be successful with. He was willing to use logic and reasoning based on former test results and pregnancies to determine what, if any further testing was needed. When I went in for a baseline scan, the tech noticed that my c section scar was thin. Dr Colver personally came into the consult room to explain things to me, because I was freaking out, and reassured me that everything looked fine to proceed with injections and IUI.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what you want.
When we met with Dr Colver, we felt that he really listened to us and what we wanted out of a cycle, what our goals were, and tried to understand our reasoning. Never once were we pushed into a treatment suggestion that we were uncomfortable with. He answered all of our questions, never made us feel dumb or self conscious about the questions, and we left feeling like we had a clear treatment plan that we could feel confident about.
We are currently doing a femara/injection/IUI cycle. Dr Colver stayed that since I have been pregnant twice before, but struggle to ovulate on my own, that this was an appropriate treatment protocol vs going straight for IVF. He stated that since our only issue is PCOS, he feels confident that this method will be successful for us. Since this is our first round with his clinic, I understood that this cycle could be more diagnostic in nature. He started me out with 2.5 mg of letrozole, added on 50iu Follistim, and bumped that up to 100iu to get a good response. I have ovidrel as a trigger when my follicles and estrogen reach the appropriate level.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry)
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
It seems to be feast or famine at this office...it’s either really busy and you have to wait 15-20 mins past your scheduled time, or you are the only person in the waiting room and get in early. The u/s techs and phlebotomist are great, very gentle and understanding.
I’m not completely done with my cycle yet, but far my costs have been $32 consult $114 per ultrasound $700 medications
None

PCOS, Unexplained
I did 4 IUIs with Dr. Will, however the only time I saw him or spoke to him was at our consultation and then our "next steps" meeting after 4 failed IUIs. We actually had a 5th in there that was cancelled due to too many eggs being released, and even then I was communicated with only by the nurses.... Dr. Will was very pleasant - I just felt like he was very one size fits all with his treatment plan. I did not like that we never spoke to him or even saw him during our 4 IUIs.
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them.... Recently, I had issues getting my chart sent to my new clinic. Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was very pleasant - I just felt like he was very one size fits all with his treatment plan. I did not like that we never spoke to him or even saw him during our 4 IUIs. I felt like since we were not doing IVF we weren't a priority.
To ask that he be the one to communicate and evaluate the treatment plan, not the nurses.
I did 4 IUIs with Dr. Will, however the only time I saw him or spoke to him was at our consultation and then our "next steps" meeting after 4 failed IUIs. We actually had a 5th in there that was cancelled due to too many eggs being released, and even then I was communicated with only by the nurses. Although the nurses were nice, I felt like they had no idea what was going on and I making decisions regarding my treatment plan that I am not qualified to do. I would have to remind them on the phone of what we had done in past months and what had worked or hadn't.
Each month we played with my dosage as well as the days we did the IUI - I honestly felt like I was leading the charge on this. I would provide my recommendation to the nurse and she would say "sounds good". Looking back, I cannot believe this is what happened! I am not the expert!
Emily was very friendly and nice, however I felt like she never knew what was going on. I had to remind her of past treatment plans, I wish she looked at my chart before calling. She was always in a hurry too - making me feel like I was taking too much time and there were too many patients to see. The BEST person at MWF is Minnie who took blood. She was the sweetest and made the entire process so much better.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are pretty much always open making scheduling not stressful and they do a great job getting you in when you need to be in. I just felt like overall there are too many patients and moving parts at this clinic. You become just a number quickly and it is hard to trust a doctors decision when you don't hear it from them or one of the several other doctors is handling your case.
I believe the IUI itself was $1035 (plus drugs)
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Will] was very kind and explained everything in detail. He was available to answer my questions when needed...Very easy to talk to you and approachable. He answered all of my questions without hesitation. He was not always available face-to-face, but would be available by phone. I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive
[Nurses at Midwest Fertility Specialists] Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions...My post extraction meds didn't get called in to the pharmacy. It was easily fixed...[IUI] cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500... I did feel like not all of the procedures and regimens were always explained completely and thoroughly. Looking back, I could have asked more questions but was naive...Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Do some research before you go to the clinic so you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask. Ask for a detailed explanations of all the regimens, treatment interventions.
He was very kind and explained everything in detail. He was available to answer my questions when needed
Initially, we tried letrozole with injections and are you why. After three rounds, we had no pregnancy. I conceived naturally in between the next cycle. When trying to get pregnant for the second time, I had to chemical pregnancies and return to the clinic for further care. He thought that since I had the ability to conceive, we would do just injections and timed intercourse. After two rounds of failure, we decided IVF because I am advanced maternal age. We had microdose Lupron with injections and only produced a small number of mature follicles. Only one egg fertilized and then arrested during development.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Emily )
Very energetic and optimistic. Always a good resource for questions.
Initially are treatments were covered by insurance. Our insurance changed however and then we had to pay everything out of pocket. Are you why cost in the realm of $2500 and $3000. IVF with a flat rate of $12500
We never got this far

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Cancer, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Will is such a caring and compassionate doctor, but more, he is a realist. With infertility things don't need to be sugar coated. He was a tactful, straight shooter with our case. He is extremely sharp and truly cares for his patient's best outcome... His care and drive to help couples to achieve their dream of having a child surpass other doctors! He takes his time with you to answer questions and is honest with you. You feel like more than just a number at this clinic and with Dr. Will. You are their priority.
Cheryl George is the nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists] I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach"...This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors...Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.
European, Other
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing (cancer), Surrogacy
Cancer, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will is the best! His care and drive to help couples to achieve their dream of having a child surpass other doctors! He takes his time with you to answer questions and is honest with you. You feel like more than just a number at this clinic and with Dr. Will. You are their priority.
He is a great doctor and will offer you honest, good advice or thoughts. Ask questions!
After 3 miscarriages from IVF, my RE at the time suggested considering using a surrogate to carry the baby due to my uterine anomaly (unicornate uterus). We transferred our embryos to Dr. Will's clinic (Midwest Fertility Specialists) for a surrogacy transfer. Unfortunately, 2 of our 3 remaining embryos did not survive the thaw (due to the transfer of the embryos from clinic to another clinic or the stress from PGS testing on the embryos). We will never know why the great quality embryos did not survive the thaw and that still is hard to swallow. The last embryo thawed but was very fragmented, Dr. Will thought it was good enough to transfer and we prayed and hoped, but unfortunately the transfer ended up as a negative pregnancy test. During this stressful and heartbreaking time, Dr. Will showed great compassion and willing to help any way he could. He is readily available for questions and his care for his patients is truly amazing. We currently are in waiting process to save up enough money to try IVF again with a surrogate (who is my willing sister) since with are completely out of embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl George)
Cheryl George is the nurse I have been talking with. Cheryl is beyond amazing and goes above and beyond for her patients. Between answering emails after hours, promptly returning calls, and finding anyway to help she is a true definition of "fertiltiy coach". I am so thankful for her!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is very prompt, never having to wait in the waiting room for more than 15 mins. Great communication between patient and doctors. I haven't had any problems with this clinic
Prices are more expensive here than my previous fertility clinics.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Matthew Will] was very caring, thorough, and honest with us when he felt a course of treatment wasn't working. He went above and beyond. He was very invested in our success, but so very realistic about our chances (which I appreciate). I have nothing negative to say about him..... He also had me take a NeoQ10 with my last cycle, but it didn't end up improving my egg quality. I took Follistim and Menkpur with l three cycles.
They [Midwest Fertility Specialists] are easy to schedule with. Appointment times are pretty on track. Payment process is easy. I do wish they had earlier appointments appointments for at least the blood draws and ultrasounds as I have had to miss a lot of work over the years.... I think all of the IVF cycles were like 12k and meds were about 5k. Our donor embryo cycles were like 6k I believe. Our insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very caring, thorough, and honest with us when he felt a course of treatment wasn't working. He went above and beyond. He was very invested in our success, but so very realistic about our chances (which I appreciate). I have nothing negative to say about him.
Follow his reccomendations.
He was very caring, honest, and truly invested in our success.
I don't remember exactly what the first ivf protocol was called,.maybe antagonist. It involved Ganirelix and was cancelled part way through due to poor response, so never got to the egg retrieval. I only have one working ovary and poor egg quality and quantity due to a lot of previous surgeries. The next two IVF cycles were microdose lupron protocol. I took Follistim and Menopur with all of them. I did get a couplr embryos each time, but they were poor quality. All three cycles were unsuccessful. He also had me take a NeoQ10 with my last cycle, but it didn't end up improving my egg quality. I took Follistim and Menkpur with l three cycles.
They were always friendly. helpful, caring, thorough, and willing to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
They are easy to schedule with. Appointment times are pretty on track. Payment process is easy. I do wish they had earlier appointments appointments for at least the blood draws and ultrasounds as I have had to miss a lot of work over the years.
He was willing to transfer one or two embryos.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I had a saline US [with Dr. Robert Colver] to determine the state of my uterus prior to starting fertility treatments for egg retrieval. This identified a fibroid that would be in the way of the transfer so he performed a surgery quickly thereafter to remove this fibroid. Then I started medications to stop my cycle then start it again when they were ready. Then I did injections of 2 different meds for a couple weeks while waiting for the retrieval. I was told I had 18 eggs viable for retrieval the day before the retrieval. The next day I had my retrieval with a different Dr from the clinic because Dr colver was in the other office that day and they only retrieved 6. Only 3 of those survived fertilization and only 1 of those was genetically compatible with life. Because of our age they wouldn't do a transfer without genetic testing. That transfer took place and it didn't take. I had a negative test 11 days later and a very nice phone call from Dr Colver himself where I thought he was genuinely sorry we weren't successful esp since we only had the 1 embryo.
[Midwest Fertility Specialists'] Hours of operation would make it hard to do this without a flexible job/boss. It was always clean. The staff were always courteous and friendly. They seemed to share in the excitement t of different stages of treatment with you.... [the nurse] Always answered my questions. Never made me feel dumb. Explained everything very well and didn't take for granted that I would know how to do something because I was a nurse. I appreciated that.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
He was very easy to talk to. Didn't best around the bush at all but wasn't harsh in his explanations of our infertility. Made my very nervous husband and I very comfortable during our consultation and again in the day of the transfer.
He was very personable. The entire clinic staff were very nice and compassionate.
I had a saline US to determine the state of my uterus prior to starting fertility treatments for egg retrieval. This identified a fibroid that would be in the way of the transfer so he performed a surgery quickly thereafter to remove this fibroid. Then I started medications to stop my cycle then start it again when they were ready. Then I did injections of 2 different meds for a couple weeks while waiting for the retrieval. I was told I had 18 eggs viable for retrieval the day before the retrieval. The next day I had my retrieval with a different Dr from the clinic because Dr colver was in the other office that day and they only retrieved 6. Only 3 of those survived fertilization and only 1 of those was genetically compatible with life. Because of our age they wouldn't do a transfer without genetic testing. That transfer took place and it didn't take. I had a negative test 11 days later and a very nice phone call from Dr Colver himself where I thought he was genuinely sorry we weren't successful esp since we only had the 1 embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Total cost was $25,000 for treatments, testing, and medications.
Male Factor, Other
I appreciate that Dr. Will advises single embryo transfer and is clear about the risk of multiples. He is proactive yet conservative in his approach...I show no signs of female-factor infertility so Dr. Will used an agonist protocol. He reduced medications slightly during my stims to prevent overstimulation and used a combination trigger shot as well since I was growing 20+ follicles during my monitoring appointments...Whenever we meet with him, he gives us his full attention and is 100% focused on our situation. Dr. Will calls us personally to provide updates and is always up-to-speed on where we are in the process
Midwest Fertility is very organized and professional. Everyone I have interacted with so far has been wonderful. Due to the size of the clinic, you may end up seeing other doctors (for example, another doctor had to do my egg retrieval due to scheduling) but I've been very impressed with everyone I interact with. I have full confidence that they are using state-of-the-art technology. Even though it is a larger clinic, every patient is treated like an individual.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will has been a great doctor throughout the entire process. We came to him with a our diagnosis already, but his course of treatment has been thoughtful and professional. He always explains things fully and is 100% attentive during visits and with follow-up calls, including on weekends. I appreciate that Dr. Will advises single embryo transfer and is clear about the risk of multiples. He is proactive yet conservative in his approach.
Come to appointments with questions as Dr. Will will take the time to answer them fully for you.
Dr. Will is amazing. Whenever we meet with him, he gives us his full attention and is 100% focused on our situation. Dr. Will calls us personally to provide updates and is always up-to-speed on where we are in the process.
Emily is very responsive by both phone and email and always followed up on questions same-day. Emily is always very organized and never lets details slip through the cracks. Additionally, the lab nurse, Minnie, is the kindest, most supportive nurse and is a pleasure to interact with at monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
We have no insurance coverage so all costs were out of pocket. We have paid for one full IVF cycle to date.
Dr. Will strongly recommends single embryo transfer. I very much trust his judgement on this issue and he does a very good job of explaining why he is approach our treatment this way. Dr. Will is very good about doing what is best for the patient vs. simply focusing on success rates.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through.... Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment....
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Bopp is one of the warmest and caring doctors that you'll ever meet. He gave me a hug at our first appointment with him. I really like him as a person and it's clear that he really cares for his patients. He is very intelligent and intellectually curious. I went to him essentially for a second opinion after developing a recurrent loss issue that I suspected was due to immune factors. We had a really good conversation about where he stood on the immune protocol and whether he would be willing to coordinate remotely with a RI. I really loved working with Dr. Bopp. My frustrations and disappointment came after dealing with the staff and the clinic.
Go in with written questions. Dr. Bopp is a good listener and will ease the mind of someone who is feeling anxious about the process. He is so warm, so caring, and empathetic.
Midwest Fertility is a very large practice. Specific appointments were required for simple blood draws. At my prior clinic, I could stop over for a blood draw at any time on a particular morning. When I would go in for midcycle ultrasounds, I rarely had the same ultrasound tech and the measurements varied wildly between techs, which was frustrating. The staff didn't know my name. The check out person always looked surprised/confused when I told her my name, even after going there for three consecutive treatment cycles. I always tell people that I liked Dr. Bopp but was very unhappy with the treatment at Midwest.
Dr. Bopp used medication for ovulation induction since he felt that my primary issue was PCOS. We did low dose aspirin, Metformin (insulin resistance factor of PCOS even though my BMI is lower than normal), Letrozole, Follistim, and Ovidrel for the trigger. We did timed intercourse at home. I felt that Midwest/Dr. Bopp was not good at figuring out the right dose of Follistim to get my body to respond well. I saw Dr. Bopp after 9 previous induction cycles using Bravelle, which worked well for me under the care of another RE. Under Dr. Bopp's care (essentially, his head nurse), I didn't have as many ultrasound scans during the middle part of the cycle to gauge development, so my meds weren't adjusted as frequently as they were with a previous RE. As a result, we ended up with cancelled cycles due to under or over response, which was frustrating. I felt like it was due to a lack of appropriate or frequent monitoring, which is what I was used to at a prior clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Robin or Robyn)
Dr. Bopp's nurse was a frustrating part of my experience at Midwest Fertility. She laid out the protocol at the beginning of the cycle and I felt like she was resistant to any adjustments in doses along the way or monitoring earlier and more frequently. I felt like she made a lot of decisions instead of consulting with Dr. Bopp and frankly, I didn't trust her judgment. The ultrasound techs who did the mid-cycle scans were inconsistent with the way follicles were measured. I rarely saw the same ultrasound tech during each treatment cycle. I felt like they tried to get patients in and out the doors as quickly as possible, without a personal connection or thorough review of their situation.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Weaknesses - This clinic is large and it was difficult for me to feel like the approach to my fertility issues was personalized. I felt like a number and that were just cranking people through. We developed some uncommon autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent losses and I had trouble getting anyone at the clinic to take a fresh look at our situation. They just kept pushing me to try IVF. We were able to conceive using ovulation induction/timed intercourse but couldn't maintain past 10 weeks. Strengths - This clinic has open hours 7 days a week, which is convenient for scheduling midcycle scans. I feel like the weekend or on-call staff is definitely not in the loop with each particular patient though.
Midwest didn't bill anything to my insurance because "my policy didn't have infertility benefits". My insurance was the same as it was when I visited a different clinic but my costs were so much more through Midwest. The other clinic billed blood work and ultrasounds as medical procedures to my insurance, so many of them were covered. Midwest charged everything to me and was unwilling to submit to insurance. For example, blood work for progesterone and estradiol levels aren't specifically infertility related, as an OB or general practitioner can run those tests for general health problems. I felt like we were getting 'nickel and dimed' for every little thing through Midwest when that hadn't been my experience at the prior clinic for six fertility cycles. Also, Midwest makes the patient choose between paying for each service directly or buying a plan for that cycle. It's very difficult to determine which way would be less expensive because of the unpredictable way they mismanaged each cycle. For example, during one cycle, I had 9 midcycle ultrasound scans. The next cycle, they only did 1 midcycle scan. The plan option essentially was a good deal if there more than 4 ultrasound scans, but it was impossible to know how many scans would be needed for each cycle. In my opinion, the billing staff was unsympathetic and did a poor job of explaining the options for billing. Every time I had an appointment there, I had to pay at least $250 for whatever service. That was different than my experience at a previous clinic.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Will was more than happy to meet with my husband and I, always knew our names and always appeared to know where we were at in the process of our journey. Dr. Will was patient, honest and transparent and had humor which helps! He was more than happy to answer all of our questions.... I appreciated Dr. Will's willingness to be aggressive from the start, he understood that my husband and I were ready to get pregnant and were tired of lousy medical advice, he started our meds that day and we scheduled a day 14 ultrasound as we left the consultation.
The clinic [Midwest Fertility Specialists] was open 7 days a week and available to do ultrasounds or procedures 7 days a week. The only weakness is no lab at the center, at least not in 2016. The staff were knowledgeable of how to bill to maximize benefits and were always friendly/... The nurses always knew my name, knew where I was at in my journey, listened to my questions and sought clarification from Dr. Will, helped normalize the process and my emotions and didn't focus on what's next but where I was at that day.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was patient, kind and funny! Dr. Will joked during our consultation that his job is to "get you pregnant, although not by me!" I appreciated Dr. Will's willingness to be aggressive from the start, he understood that my husband and I were ready to get pregnant and were tired of lousy medical advice, he started our meds that day and we scheduled a day 14 ultrasound as we left the consultation. He was transparent during our treatment and was also visibly knowledgeable about the process.
His humor is meant with good intentions.
June 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 1 follicle, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. July 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 2 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. August 2016- 5mg Femara, day 14 ultrasound, 3 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. August / September 2016 - HSG procedure, no blockages. September 2016- 5mg Femara, day 12 ultrasound, 5 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, timed intercourse = negative pregnancy test. October 2016- 5mg Femara, day 11 ultrasound,2 follicles, ovidrel trigger injection, iui, positive pregnancy test and delivery at 38 weeks.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic was open 7 days a week and available to do ultrasounds or procedures 7 days a week. The only weakness is no lab at the center, at least not in 2016. The staff were knowledgeable of how to bill to maximize benefits and were always friendly/
Co pays for visits and ultrasounds. IUI was out of pocket $500 or $550

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
[With Dr. Laura Reuter] I first had 3 cycles of timed intercourse with letrozole and a trigger shot and followed with crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I then had 3 IUIs with letrozole and a trigger shot followed by crinone gel. -all of these cycles were unsuccessful. I got pregnant naturally on an "off" cycle between IUIs and was given crinone gel. Sadly I miscarried around 8 weeks. I had one egg retrieval where I took folistim. Of the eggs retrieved 9 fertilized and 5 made it to 5 day blasts. I then had my first FET transferring 2 eggs. I became pregnant with one baby. I was taking PIO injections daily. Baby was doing great and had a high heart rate at 7 and 9 weeks. However at my 12 week appointment the baby had passed and I had a D & C that evening. I waited 2 months and then had another FET with 2 eggs. Sadly neither took. I took a few months off and was preparing to use my last frozen embryo, but on the day of my transfer the embryo did not survive the thaw.
Shelly [a nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists] was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.... The communication was slow at times and that made it hard to interpret results and plan accordingly.... Facilities are very nice, easy to get to and comfortable. Weakness would be the time it takes to communicate back and forth with your Dr.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
I felt like I was given high quality medical care by Dr Reuter and her staff. She was kind and caring in all of our encounters. Unfortunately after being treated for almost 2 years by Dr Reuter she still did not give me a formal diagnosis and I suffered 2 miscarriages and no living babies/successful pregnancies.
I feel like you need to be clear with what you expect from her treatment. Not only did I want to have a baby, but I wanted to know why I was having a hard time having a baby since I had conceived my daughter without fertility treatment. She focused her attention on getting me pregnant and not so much on figuring out why I wasn't getting pregnant.
She seemed genuinely concerned about my emotions, my only complaint was that she was not always timely in returning my calls or reaching out to me. For example she didn't call to check on me for several days after I had a D & C following my successful FET. My baby had a heartbeat at 7 and 10 weeks but at 12 weeks had passed. I would have thought she would have wanted to consult with me immediately and check to see how I was doing. Instead I had to call her office to request to speak to her. I'm not sure how much of this was her control or simply information being passed around in the office before it got to her...
Shelly was good at returning calls and giving training on different medications and treatments.
Facility fee Procedure fee Consult fee
I transferred 2 each time. My Dr said 2 was all she would approve given my age and the risk of having more than 2 babies.
+ Read more- Read less
Truly, we had a great experience with Dr. Colver, but with him covering several offices, he wasn't always there to meet with after ultrasounds, blood work etc....I feel he gave us ample time when he was in the office. He was very detailed...Although, at times we didn't meet directly with Dr. Colver we always heard from the nurse after she would talk with Dr. Colver. Although, at times we didn't meet directly with Dr. Colver we always heard from the nurse after she would talk with Dr. Colver.
I just wish they [MW Fert Spec] would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full....But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal...Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Truly, we had a great experience with Dr. Colver, but with him covering several offices, he wasn't always there to meet with after ultrasounds, blood work etc. I feel he gave us ample time when he was in the office. He was very detailed but I am a researcher and always came with questions, comments etc.
Asks questions -- Be flexible -- Don't be afraid to call with questions.
Although, at times we didn't meet directly with Dr. Colver we always heard from the nurse after she would talk with Dr. Colver. They would call back with-in the day with answers to any questions we had.
Cycle One (which ended up being canceled due to low response) we started out with Menopur, Follistim, Ganarelix but I wasn't responding despite increasing dosage of Menopur and Follistim so Dr. Colver canceled it. Cycle Two -- we began with Lupron and then added in Follistim and Menopur. We triggered the day before transfer with pregnyl. I ended up needing a suppository as well. I responded much better - although I had 11 follicles, they were only able to reach 8 of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Sherry )
I only had one bad experience with phlebotomist but it was more related to not being able to get a vein due to dehydration and being poked repeatedly. But overall, no complaints. Very friendly, showed compassion. The day of retrieval and transfer I had the best experience. The nurse that works in the ART lab was absolutely phenomenal - my husband and I felt like royalty.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
I feel the first appointment is very overwhelming - I just wish they would go into more detail about payment options etc. Once you commit, we didn't realize everything was due in full. We were not prepared for that. Strengths: Friendly, Welcoming, Good Communicators. Weaknesses: Busy Office, At Times Long Waits, You Don't Always Get To See Your MD
The pharmacy costs are high and when medication changes there wasn't a refund - total medication costs: $7,000. IVF - 12,000-13,000 with $3500 for frozen transfer. PGS costs were around 700...
Dr. Colver would only transfer one embryo due to an existing heart condition. But I only had one viable embryo after PGS.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Will was caring and elaborate in his comprehensive explanation of what the process would entail and was upfront with the potential issues we might encounter. He was kind enough to call (from his personal cell phone) and check on my wife throughout the process and was patient at every appointment.... He did inform us (with all the reasons and details) we needed to do ICSI because my husband had very low motility and mobility.
The check out receptionist [Midwest Fertility Specialists] was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.... She [nurse] was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Will was our doctor up until 12 weeks at which point and time my wife had to transition to her OBGYN. This was an incredibly difficult transition as we had both grown so close to Dr. Will and his staff and weren’t quite ready to leave this team of incredible friends and supporters. We missed him dearly the rest of the pregnancy, however he did reach out to check on us a few times. He also made sure we sent photos of our twin girls to him once they arrived!
This process is an emotional roller coaster but Dr. Will and his staff will help you get comfortable each and every step of the way. It is a journey and the scientific advances are only a small part of the process as you will form new and lasting bonds with these people throughout this experience. I couldn’t give a higher endorsement of Dr. Will. We have referred several couples to his practice.
I don’t remember exactly (this was over 3 years ago now) He did inform us (with all the reasons and details) we needed to do ICSI because my husband had very low motility and mobility. He had my husband also give a sample before the transfer day and froze it just in case. And thank the Lord he did this because the sample he gave the day of was not adequate and couldn’t be used. Dr Will used the frozen sample and it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl )
She was very helpful, patient, sweet, and detail oriented. Answered all our questions and in some cases repeated herself multiple times to make sure we truly understood.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The check out receptionist was my absolute favorite. She had the best personality and always was friendly- but not annoying or over the top- she was just so real! Appointments (and trust me I had a million of them) were very close to their scheduled times. I very rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time.
Around $15,000
Dr Will told us he would not put more than 2 eggs back in any patient of his for safety reasons. He was very confident we would be successful only putting one embryo back, but said it was ultimately our decision. So we went big and put 2 back- and both took! :-)
+ Read more- Read less

I loved working with Dr Bopp. He treated us like people. He explained what his thoughts were and what he was planning. If there was a set back he'd adjust. We didn't do many iuis with the clinic but the nurses performed those. While I would prefer Dr.Bopp to do them, they were on short notice and weren't originally planned. I can't comment on if he'd do them if it was scheduled in advance.
[Midwest Fertility Specialists staff were] Very good at communicating and at explaining everything to us. We had time to ask questions and met with the dr whenever we needed or wanted to discuss anything. Only negative was cost. Very expensive.... I did follistim injections due to a missing tube bc of a previous ectopic pregnancy. I had great AMH numbers and responded well to the medicines. I went in for ultrasounds pretty regularly and he'd adjust my medication to either slow down growth or speed it up. The goal was to produce enough good follicles on my good tubed site to do timed intercourse. This resulted in one baby which we miscarried. I went back for additional treatments using same medication with IUI. Due to cysts we could only do every other month (and my overuse would recover a month). In our month off we got pregnant naturally with our daughter who just turned one.
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be ready to hear the truth. He'll tell you with compassion but he lays out the facts so you can develop a plan.
He always had the time to sit down and talk to us. He gave us hope, but he was real with us. When we lost our pregnancy or talked about previous loss I really felt her sympathized with us and wanted to bring us our rainbow baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was amazing. Answered every question and took as long explaining things as we needed.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
About $496 for the ultrasound and blood work. $300-400 for the IUI. I don't remember the cost for each thing individually.
We didn't do ivf

2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked...
My primary nurse [at Midwest Fertility Specialists], Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her...
2010 - 2015
5 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Bradford Bopp at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
We were referred to Dr. Bopp by my OB for recurrent miscarriage testing after our first two pregnancies, both of which were conceived without assistance, ended in miscarriage. After testing uncovered no diagnosable reason for our losses we were unable to become pregnant again on our own, at which point Dr. Bopp conducted a couple more tests and we proceeded to fertility treatments. Over the course of about five years as his patients, we went through one cycle with injectables (an IUI had been planned but I ovulated early); five cycles of injectables plus IUI (one of which ended in miscarriage); four egg retrievals for ICSI/IVF (one with PGS) and transfer of fresh embryos (two of which ended in miscarriage); three frozen egg transfers; one IVF cycle that was cancelled prior to retrieval because I ovulated despite being on Lupron; and ultimately one IVF cycle with donor egg that resulted in the transfer of two fresh embryos and the birth of our child. As I said earlier, Dr. Bopp is extraordinarily kind, compassionate, empathetic, attentive, warm, caring... I cannot speak highly enough of him. He laughed with us, he cried with us, he hoped with us, he prayed for us, he was disappointed along with us, and ultimately he rejoiced with us. He patiently answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed during my time with him. I never had to remind him of any details or any part of our story. I never had to repeat myself with him. He took a fairly conservative approach to treatment, which we liked. We never felt he was recommending unnecessary procedures. When I asked about research or information I'd found online, he patiently discussed the pros and cons with us. I felt like my husband and I were 100% part of the TEAM providing our care - treatment decisions were made together WITH Dr. Bopp, not BY Dr. Bopp. When we reached the point where he felt we'd be better served by going to a famous clinic in another state that was able to offer PGS testing of embryos (because the technology wasn't available at his clinic at that time, though it is now), he was the one who suggested that we go there - our success was more important to him than his success rate was, and he and his staff were happy to work with the out-of-state clinic on sending our records and coordinating care. (We did go to that famous out-of-state clinic - we had a terrible experience there, which I will cover in a separate review. Our cycle there was unsuccessful and we returned to Dr. Bopp for one last try.) When it became evident we were more likely to have success with donor egg than with my own eggs, he was fully aware of how devastating that news would be to us; he delivered it with gentle kindness and he never pushed us during the long months it took us to become comfortable with proceeding. When we became pregnant, he was as overjoyed as we were. We did not see him at every appointment, but to be fair, it's not really necessary to see the dr at every appointment - my nurse performed my IUIs, and a sonographer performed my monitoring ultrasounds during cycles. I never had any problem scheduling time with him for consults when I needed them. He performed each of my egg retrievals and all but one of my embryo transfers (which he missed due to an illness). He performed my HSG himself as well as my hysteroscopy. When I was pregnant, he was at every ultrasound with us before I was released to regular OB care.
You're in good hands. Trust him. He will not steer you wrong. He truly wants you to have the family you desire.
He was extraordinarily attentive, kind, compassionate, and empathetic. (For example, six weeks passed between my first and second appointments with him, yet he noticed I'd changed my hairstyle in that time!) He is warm and personable. He's a hugger. He laughed with us, cried with us, prayed for us, hoped with us - I cannot speak highly enough of him.
My primary nurse, Alison, was extraordinary. I saw her at every visit, unless it fell on a weekend when she was not working - in those cases, she always made sure I knew prior to the weekend who I would be seeing and she made sure the nurse on call was fully versed in my care. She returned calls and emails promptly. I never had to remind her of anything, I never had to repeat parts of our story to her.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The level of patient care provided by the staff at Midwest Fertility is unparalleled. They do an extraordinary job of taking care of you and your needs.
He spent a good deal of time discussing the risks of multiples with us prior to starting our first IVF cycle, and each of those risks were outlined in detail in the consent forms we had to sign prior to each cycle. At our first transfer, we had three good embryos available for transfer (one 5AB and two graded 5BB); we chose eSET and he was very supportive of that. (That fresh transfer resulted in miscarriage, and the subsequent frozen transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test.) At our second fresh transfer, we had four good embryos available and this time he recommended eSET; we agreed. (That transfer and the subsequent frozen transfers resulted in negative pregnancy tests.) As time and cycles and negative results went on we got more aggressive with our embryo transfers. My husband and I always felt we were very much part of a team WITH Dr. Bopp making these decisions.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Laura Reuter] was very nice and even gave me a hug at our last visit when we saw our twins on the ultrasound!...She was very knowledgeable and quirky. The only negative was sometimes I wanted her to explain more. I didn't get to talk to her very often. I usually had to speak with her nurses.
Midwest Fertility is a large office. They communicate well, and worked well with me when I needed to be "fit in" to the schedule. It is clean and everyone working at the front desk treated me with respect and understanding. I am glad I chose Midwest...IVF "shared risk" plan was $20,500, which included two fresh IVF cycles (if needed) and unlimited frozen cycles. Medication for IVF (one fresh one frozen cycle) was around $5,500 total. I don't remember how much we spent on IUIs. Ultrasounds were about $600 each when they weren't included in the "shared-risk" plan.
European, Other
How was your experience with Laura Reuter at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be patient. Do your own research and ask LOTS of questions at your first appointment, so you'll have enough information to make choices about how to proceed with your fertility treatment. As someone with unexplained infertility, we had quite a few options. Doing my homework helped us understand the process and the risks.
She was very nice and even gave me a hug at our last visit when we saw our twins on the ultrasound!
We did two rounds of IUI with injections. No luck with those. We could have done another IUI, but I was frustrated because we didn't have any problems with eggs/sperm, so we went on to IVF. We chose not to do ICSI even though it was recommended, because we wanted "nature" to take its course instead of having someone pick the best sperm. First IVF fresh cycle went well, but ended in a chemical pregnancy. Medication costs were higher than expected because my body needed help producing more follicles/eggs. Just know that YOU will be expected to order more medicine, not your doctor. That surprised me. Second cycle was frozen cycle with our final two embryos. We now have beautiful fraternal twin girls!
Shelly was nice, but I felt like she was in a hurry to get off the phone with me every time she called me with an update. She would always answer my questions, but I wanted her to be more patient at times. I'm sure she was very busy, so I didn't let it upset me.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Will recommended 3 IUIs despite the fact that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. I knew he recommendation was IVF but he said we should try IUI first because "that's what you do."...Dr Will was very caring and kind. He had a good bedside manner and took time to answer questions....We really enjoyed seeing Dr Will. He is very intelligent and caring . I did think he developed our treatment plan without considering all the factors that were important to us, which was a detriment. He was very responsive to emails.
he clinic [MW Fert Spec - Carmel]is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Matthew Will at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Be clear about how your specific desires may change your plan.
Dr Will recommended 3 IUIs despite the fact that I had Stage 4 endometriosis. I knew he recommendation was IVF but he said we should try IUI first because "that's what you do." Dr Will recommended a combo injectable + oral ovarian stimulation regimen. I had four follicles the first IUI, 2 the second, and one the third. No pregnancy from the IUIs. Dr Will does not automatically use progesterone.
Dr Will's nurse was the primary reason why we left the clinic. We did not feel that she answered questions, and in fact would make us more concerned by providing information but then backing off from it, leaving us wondering what was going on.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very nice, clean, and modern. They are flexible with scheduling and I really enjoyed all the techs and office staff. The financial coordinators are not good. After we switched clinics, we discovered that Midwest had overcharged us by over $10k. they said that our insurance company did not cover treatment, and refused to try to bill despite us thinking we had coverage. Later, our insurance company provided tapes where Midwest was told on two separate occasions they could bill for services. They ended up refunding the money but were not nice about it.
Monitoring and IUI for injectable meds - $1500 (plus meds)
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Colver is kind, however I believe that he made a mistake in not diagnosing my endometriosis before proceeding with treatment...Apparently getting a pos OPK on CD10 means you produced too many follicles... Okay... No call from the doctor himself, just a brusque call from the nurse on a Friday afternoon telling me I should have called earlier in the morning and my cycle was cancelled. I did one IUI and that failed. I moved on from this clinic because I decided that I wanted more consultation and I didn't have the money to continue treatment.
Overall, I didn't have a great experience [at Midwest Fertility Specialists]. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
How was your experience with Robert Colver at Midwest Fertility Specialists?
Dr.Colver is kind, however I believe that he made a mistake in not diagnosing my endometriosis before proceeding with treatment. Since seeing Dr.Colver in early 2015, I was diagnosed (by an OB) and treated for moderate/severe endometriosis. I was recommended to do IUI right off the bat by Dr.Colver. My first cycle with letrozole was cancelled without being seen by the doctor or having a scan to check my follicles. Apparently getting a pos OPK on CD10 means you produced too many follicles... Okay... No call from the doctor himself, just a brusque call from the nurse on a Friday afternoon telling me I should have called earlier in the morning and my cycle was cancelled. I did one IUI and that failed. I moved on from this clinic because I decided that I wanted more consultation and I didn't have the money to continue treatment.
Do your homework. Be informed and ask questions. Unexplained infertility is rarely ever that.
I only spoke with Dr.Colver once in consultation. He looked at my past history and basically automatically concluded that I should be pregnant by now because there was no reason I shouldn't be pregnant. I know now (after seeing a different doctor and getting laparoscopy) that I was presenting with Endometriosis which is my chief reason for infertility. Dr. Colver explained IUI was my best bet at that point, of course that cycle failed. He was very kind, but I did feel somewhat like a number because it was like " just do this expensive procedure up to 5 times and you'll get pregnant, there's nothing wrong with you."
IUI with letrozole- rationale : unexplained infertility - result: failed cycle
Most of the nursing staff was kind, but I had one issue with a nurse on a Friday late morning when I called in to tell her I had a early positive OPK. When she spoke with Dr. Colver and called me back, she said they were cancelling the IUI and that it was too early for me to get a positive and probably had too many follicles. When I asked if I could still come in for a scan just to see, she said no, you should have called earlier in the morning and we go home early on Friday's. Well, that's not very compassionate to an infertile woman who desperately wants a baby, is it? So my cycle was cancelled without so much as a scan or call from my doctor. I felt like a number, not a person.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Specialists.
Overall, I didn't have a great experience. I felt like a number and I didn't think I was evaluated fully or accurately. Most of the staff are kind and compassionate, with the exception of one nurse who conveyed her inconvenience on a Friday afternoon when she wanted to go home. I would say that you should be very informed if you visit this office and be prepared to advocate for yourself more than you would like. Unfortunately in Fort Wayne, this is the only RE office so there are limited options.
$800 for IUI