Milwaukee OB-GYN

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2457 Mayfair Road - Suites 103 & 206
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
414.476.0306
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Milwaukee OB-GYN to a friend?
1 doctor
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Corrissa [nurse at Milwaukee OBGYN] was amazing. My insurance was a real pain and she was always on top of things and made sure I was informed of everything... I am very detail oriented and Corrisa was extremely busy. Still, she never made me feel rushed and always spent whatever time I needed to understand a procedure, my medications, or anything else about the process.
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Milwaukee OB-GYN.
Milwaukee OBGYN is a small private practice. You receive excellent personalized care. As a small practice, DR Schell conducts her retrievals and transfers in Midland, WI. All other appointments are conducted in her West Allise office. My care coordinator Corrissa was outstanding. She was extremely compassionate and understanding of the emotional rolarcoaster that is the IVF process. I am very detail oriented and Corrisa was extremely busy. Still, she never made me feel rushed and always spent whatever time I needed to understand a procedure, my medications, or anything else about the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
She always takes as much time as needed to answer my questions. She gave me her personal mobile number and always answered my questions even on nights and weekends.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Milwaukee OB-GYN. (Assigned nurse: Corrisa)
Corrissa was amazing. My insurance was a real pain and she was always on top of things and made sure I was informed of everything.
How was your experience with Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
Dr She'll is compassionate and knowledgeable. She always took time to thoroughly explain things. I am so happy I found her to manage my fertility journey. After moving to the area from out of state, I needed to find a new Dr., one with fertility expertise. After seeing three other Drs, I was referred to Dr. Schell. None of my previous Drs had been able to explain why my husband and I were unable to conceive after nearly two years of trying. Dr Schell was compassionate and knowledgeable. She took the time to explain the results of our tests and to go over our options. As opposed to the other Drs I saw, Dr. Schell helped me to understand my condition and what we could do to maximize our potential for having a baby. Given my advanced age and a condition that was diagnosed with Dr Schell that would make it extremely difficult to conceive naturally, we decided to move to IVF. We were successful on our very first attempt with DR Schell. Throughout the heart wrenching process, Dr Schell remained steady, optimistic, encouraging, and grounded. She gave me her personal mobile number that I could call or text any time I had a question (which was often). She always responded even on nights and weekends. Dr Schell is an extremely dedicated Dr who continually sacrificed her own time to accommodate my busy travel schedule for work. I've spoken to other friends that have gone through IVF in the Milwaukee area and when I tell them my experience and close relationship with my Dr they are so envious. They often only see their Dr for their initial consult, the retrieval, and the transfer. Dr Schell closely and personally monitored me throughout my cycle and my high risk pregnancy. And, when I gave birth, she insisted on being the one to deliver our baby, regardless of whether she was on call or not. We now have a beautiful baby girl and are in the middle of working with Dr Schell for number two. I would highly recommend Dr Schell for anyone looking for an OBGYN, particularly if you are having any difficulties conceiving. I wish I had found her sooner as she would have diagnosed me sooner and I would not have lost so many years trying to start our family. The office wait times sometimes run long (10-20 mins after scheduled time) but I don't mind that. That has been my experience in just about every Drs office and I know it not always the Drs fault. And, when I am with Dr Schell, I never feel rushed. She always takes as much time as I need to answer my questions and thoroughly explain whatever is happening in our cycle. I find that so refreshing when in so many other places Drs rush through their appointments in order to see more and more patients to meet quotas. I
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN.
Most of my care was covered by insurance
Describe Debra Schell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Milwaukee OB-GYN.
Dr Schell explained the risks related to multiple embryo transfers and let my husband and I decide what was right for us. I appreciated her honestly explaining to us the pros and cons and letting us decide what was right for our family.
Wauwatosa
Dr. Schell is part of Milwaukee OBGYN and she is the only reproductive endocrinologist. Overall the office and equipment looked a little old, but it was more than sufficient for what we needed. For IVF, she uses a clinic in Madison.... The nurse did most of the calling with information and prescriptions but she always returned my calls the same day or next day.... Her office is a little outdated and appointment times aren't available super early or late like big clinics, but she is quicker to get into and will work to get all the necessary testing done quickly.
Describe your experience with Milwaukee OB-GYN.
Dr. Schell was friendly and kind, and took time during our intitial consult. Though we had only been trying 7 months and were "young" (28), took our concerns seriously and started doing testing that same day. Throughout treatment, we even had her cell phone to call or text with questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Milwaukee OB-GYN. (Assigned nurse: Abby)
How was your experience with Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
I liked how Dr. Schell was ready to go on to treatment, though we had only been trying 7 months. Each month we tried a progressively more aggressive treatment. After 3 months of failures, including an IUI with injectibles, we decided it was time for IVF or a laproscopy to check for Endometriosis. We talked about our options and pros/cons for a while and decided to do the Lap. Dr. Schell performed the surgery within 3 weeks and was able to remove mild endo. I don't really have any complaints and I liked Dr. Schell. The only reason we choose to change doctors is because her clinic for IVF didn't take our insurance (which fortunately had some IVF coverage).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
Describe the protocols Debra Schell used in your cycles at Milwaukee OB-GYN and their degree of success.
The first child we did clomid and ovidrel with time intercourse. The second cycle we did clomid, trigger and IUI. The third cycle we did injectibles with trigger and IUI. Each cycle we had multiple follicles and very good sperm count, so after these cycles didn't work we knew it was time to move on to IVF or a laproscopy to see if anything else was going on. We also did an HSG test and all the other normal bloodwork (TSH, AMH, etc) to make sure nothing else was wrong.
I have insurance that covers infertility up to a life time max, so everything was processed through insurance after hitting a high deductible/OOP.
Wauwatosa
looking at 20,000 for egg donation and about 5-10,000 for ivf [at Milwaukee OB-GYN] ...Cassie is very organized and has responded to all of my requests regarding coding for insurance billing and assistance with communication for short term disability due to surgery...fibroid removal.... I did have bloodwork, uterine ultrasound, hysterogogy.... Dr schell decribed everything she was doing every step of the way
She gave undivided attention. I never felt rushed for time. She texted me results immediately and was open to me texting her at any time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Milwaukee OB-GYN. (Assigned nurse: Cassie)
How was your experience with Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
Very open...blunt discussion of odds and prices/pros and cons...took extra effort to address concerns with use of medications and anesthetics when concern of becoming physically sick was brought up.... Called and visited at the hospital to personally check up after fibroid removal....discussed different options for ivf very honest about low odds of using own eggs at 47... Recommended egg donation but did not insist
Be ready for honest odds even though it may be disappointing
I have not had treatments yet... Only fibroid removal.... I did have bloodwork, uterine ultrasound, hysterogogy.... Dr schell decribed everything she was doing every step of the way
Insurance covered my fibroid removal and other pteliminary procedures.... In the process of looking to get ivf started working with egg donation coordinator looking at 20,000 for egg donation and about 5-10,000 for ivf
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Her nursing staff is what kept me coming back [to Milwaukee OB-GYN] after we decided to postpone any further treatment. They are amazing... The clinic is very calming and welcoming.... She provides her cell phone number and I was able to text her directly any time I had a question... She is known for going after the root cause. She may order a lot of tests and consult with other REs to find the best protocol for you. My body did not respond to Lupron so she consulted and came up with an alternative.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Milwaukee OB-GYN.
The clinic is very calming and welcoming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Milwaukee OB-GYN. (Assigned nurse: Corissa )
Her nursing staff is what kept me coming back after we decided to postpone any further treatment. They are amazing.
How was your experience with Debra Schell at Milwaukee OB-GYN?
Dr Schell was amazing and treated me like I imagine she would treat her own daughter during treatment. Our appointments were always lengthy and she described everything in detail while also asking how I was holding up and genuinely listening. When our IVF failed she even offered donor embryos she had from a previous patient. In the end she ended up connecting us with the birth mother of our adopted son.
Be prepared to spend a lot of time there during an appointment getting to know one another as well as learning about the procedure.
We were provided a cost breakdown of the IVF, ICSI and ultrasound/blood work monitoring. We paid exactly as quoted.
She informs you of the risks involved with multiple births but ultimately leaves the decision up to you with no judgement.