Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed]

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2925 Layfair Dr
Flowood, MS 39232
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed] to a friend?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
It’s a very nice clinic. The lobby [Mississippi Fertility Institute] is always clean and the staff in the back is always very nice. The lady at the front desk is a little rude, but maybe she just doesn’t like her job that much. I wouldn’t change much about the clinic, I also like that Dr. Issacs always spends a lot of time with his patients which to me is the best part.... [Nurse] She is super sweet and even if I have the dumbest questions, she never laughs... Initial visit $250
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
It’s a very nice clinic. The lobby is always clean and the staff in the back is always very nice. The lady at the front desk is a little rude, but maybe she just doesn’t like her job that much. I wouldn’t change much about the clinic, I also like that Dr. Issacs always spends a lot of time with his patients which to me is the best part. I don’t feel as rushed
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Isaacs at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed]?
He understands me as a woman and treats me and my husband with respect. I like that he didn’t “sugar coat” anything. We knew exactly what was going on and I thank him for giving his time to us and continuing to be an amazing doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed]. (Assigned nurse: Peggy )
She is super sweet and even if I have the dumbest questions, she never laughs
How was your experience with John Isaacs at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed]?
Dr. Issacs I’m my opinion is one the greatest reproductive endocrinologist ever. I live in Louisiana and I travel 2 hours to see him. There are others in my state but I would rather travel to get the very best care. It’s horrible that insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments of any kind in Louisiana. My husband and I are trying to save up $14,258 and it’s a struggle. We both work full time jobs and hope and pray we can win this. Dr. Issacs has been very patient with us and understands the financial aspects of this. Dr. Issacs is also someone I can trust 100%. Since day one of meeting him, I felt a connection that sometimes my husband doesn’t understand. Infertility is a scary situation but I believe there is a reason for it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Isaacs at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed]?
Make sure to be honest with him and tell him everything, he will never judge you.
Describe the protocols John Isaacs used in your cycles at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed] and their degree of success.
I have tubal issues. I lost my left Fallopian tube in 2013. And now my right tube which is the only tube left is completely blocked. Dr. Issacs wanted my OBGYN to do the surgery and see what was going on with that tube. We found out it was blocked and I was completely devastated but it gave me answers. All I wanted this whole time was wondering why I couldn’t get pregnant naturally. My husband has been behind me 100%. Dr. Issacs suggested a frozen IVF transfer and he believes it will be successful because my only known issues is Fallopian tubes. It makes me have confidence that we will be able to conceive and I’m ready to get started but the money issue has been holding us back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Isaacs at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
Initial visit $250 IVF including meds $14,258
Describe John Isaacs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
I understand why he only wants to transfer 1 embryo. This is because I’m young and it will be hard on my body if more than one embryo takes. I just hope for a healthy baby.
Flowood
his is a women's specialty clinic [Mississippi Fertility Institute], not just a fertility clinic. It houses OBGYNs and MFMs. There will be visibly pregnant women and women with children in the waiting area. When you are dealing with lots of negative pregnancy tests, that can be a little disheartening. However, we never were kept waiting, everything was extremely efficient, and appointments were not difficult to schedule.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
This is a women's specialty clinic, not just a fertility clinic. It houses OBGYNs and MFMs. There will be visibly pregnant women and women with children in the waiting area. When you are dealing with lots of negative pregnancy tests, that can be a little disheartening. However, we never were kept waiting, everything was extremely efficient, and appointments were not difficult to schedule.
Dr Isaacs took time to answer all of our questions and specifically cater our protocol to both our biological and emotional needs. He did every ultrasound and made us feel like our would-be family was his greatest priority.
Our two nurses were instrumental in our decision to continue treatment with Dr Isaacs. They were our nurses, our counselors, our teachers, our crisis team. They returned calls and emails immediately, calmed our fears, cried with us, celebrated with us. They made a very stressful and difficult process much easier to handle.
Dr Isaacs was incredibly detail oriented and took time to address our concerns and fears. When I mentioned OHSS as one of my greatest concerns, he immediately cut my protocol dosage in half before I'd even started. When OHSS became a reality regardless of our best attempts at prevention, he cut my protocol on half again rather than make me sicker to boost my numbers. He also canceled our fresh transfer out of an abundance of caution, being extremely protective of both my well being and our embryo.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and talk about what confuses or concerns you. Be up front with your expectations and make sure they are realistic and in line with Dr Isaacs.
75 IU menopur 1x day for 10 days 75 Mg Follistim 2x day for 5 days, 1x day for 5 days 120 mg Ganitelix 1x day for 4 days 5000 mg HCG trigger shot Cabergoline 2x day for 5 days after egg retrieval Freeze-all cycle post retrieval 28 follicles, 17 eggs retrieved, 9 embryos created, 2 made it to 5-6 day freeze. 1 embryo transferred 6 weeks post retrieval, resulting in live birth
We paid approximately $10,000 for our procedures and monitoring. This included all of our visits, ultrasounds, blood work, retrieval, incubation, and transfer. We paid approximately $2500 for all of our medication from a pharmacy not affiliated with our clinic.
Flowood
The staff [MS Fertility Institute] is friendly. They will return your phone calls the same day- most times within an hour. It's more than just an infertility clinic, so it's hard seeing the pregnant bellies in the waiting room.... They are kind and prompt with returning phone calls. That's very important to me.... Infertility is not covered by insurance in MS, so I of course had to pay out of pocket. The Billing assistant is always very sweet. Some fees are due up front, others are billed to your insurance if they cover things other than innfertility.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
The staff is friendly. They will return your phone calls the same day- most times within an hour. It's more than just an infertility clinic, so it's hard seeing the pregnant bellies in the waiting room.
Dr. Isaacs and his staff understand the importance of answering any and all questions I may have. They are always so prompt about calling with test results or returning my calls.
I've had a good experience other Dr. Isaacs since beginning treatment with him in summer of 2017. He's nice, he sits down with you, listens to you, and addresses concerns that you may have. He is good about having his patients be part of their care. I was ready to begin right away, and he understood that pretty well.
This is your journey. You are your only advocate. Be proactive in your research and know what you want! That way he process is quicker once things get going.
I did four rounds on Femara only. Once that didn't work, we are now tri for Femara+trigger shot+IUI
Flowood
The clinic [MS Fertility Institute]is very easy to get to in Flowoid. The staff are all welcoming and happy. The only thing I saw negative was that there are other doctors in the office besides the fertility. It would at times get very busy in there. On a positive note, I never had to wait long to be seen. I was in and out within 30 minutes if it was just sonogram day. On the iui day, we were there longer because of the cleaning procedure of the sperm and the insemination.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
The clinic is very easy to get to in Flowoid. The staff are all welcoming and happy. The only thing I saw negative was that there are other doctors in the office besides the fertility. It would at times get very busy in there. On a positive note, I never had to wait long to be seen. I was in and out within 30 minutes if it was just sonogram day. On the iui day, we were there longer because of the cleaning procedure of the sperm and the insemination.
He took the time to listen and made me feel very well taken care of.
The nursing staff was awesome!!!! The nurses always calmed me down, called back if I had questions, and were so informative
The fist visit he drew diagrams and explained in detail what the iui procedure would entail. Each visit with him was very welcoming and put our minds at ease. He showed compassion when talking about our miscarriage. I felt like he genuinely cares about my husband and I growing a family.
Make sure to ask questions even if you think it's dumb
He used Femara to regulate my cycles and bring on ovulation. I was given the trigger shot to release the egg.
For 3 rounds of iui, it is $1,000. Plus cost of trigger shot and pills.
Flowood
It was easy to schedule, wait times were always minimal, staff [at MS Fertility Institute] was always friendly...Wait time was minimal. I was allowed whoever I brought with me (my husband, mom, sister, etc.)...[nursing staf] They were the best I could've hoped for... knowledgeable, compassionate, patient, and helpful in every way....$1,000.00 for x3 IUI attempts ~$10,800.00 for IVF...Our specific wishes were considered. Communication was a constant open door.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
It was easy to schedule, wait times were always minimal, staff was always friendly.
Our specific wishes were considered. Communication was a constant open door.
Dr. Issacs is thourough and very knowledgeable. He was able to adjust our treatment plan to specifically meet our needs. There were a couple of instances where communication about changes could have been more rapidly relayed to us which caused mild unnecessary stress on myself on "big" days of our treatment including transfer day (for IVF).
Consider a consult with him. Ask around. He is overall great.
3 rounds of IUI - unsuccessful. 2 attempts at IVF: 1st round with Lupron .2cc/Menupor/follistim a.m.; follistim p.m. - no follicles produced. 2nd round with Lupron .2 cc BID, Follistim 150/Menupor 75 BID, Femara 10mg - 9 follicles produced, 6 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
$1,000.00 for x3 IUI attempts ~$10,800.00 for IVF
At the time of transfer, we only had two embryos. We were encouraged to transfer both due to the ill appearance of one. We opted to transfer the "healthier-looking" one and the other did not survive to freezing.
Flowood
I love how fast they are I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for my appointment to begin! Nurses [at Mississippi Fertility Institute] are extremely friendly. The doctor listening to what you have to say and always ask how you feel about everything. He explains the procedures very well, even wrote notes for us to take home incase we forget something...[The nursing staff is] Absolutely amazing, honestly the nurses there are wonderful and very friendly. You could tell they showed compassion about their job
Describe your experience with Mississippi Fertility Institute [closed].
I love how fast they are I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for my appointment to begin! Nurses are extremely friendly. The doctor listening to what you have to say and always ask how you feel about everything. He explains the procedures very well, even wrote notes for us to take home incase we forget something
Dr. Isaacs and his staff are very friendly. They made us feel hopeful of one day conceiving a child.
Dr. Isaacs is wonderful, friendly, and explains things, such as procedures, very well. At our consultation he sat down with us and explained all my testing I had done previously to meeting him and what he wanted us to do next. We were pleased with our experiences with him
To be open with what he suggest
He explained he would like us to try 3 rounds of IUI with hcg shot and taking famara. We just had our second IUI, hoping for good results
They offer a package deal of 3 IUI for 1,000 dollars.
Flowood
Dr Isaacs [of Mississippi Fertility Institute] was extremely patient and honest. He never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions. He was extremely hands on and had lots of information to give...Dr Isaacs and his staff took as long as you needed to explain things. I received many call from his nurses just to check on me, or to explain things...Dr isaacs nurses are incredible. Extremely compassionate with their care. One of his nurses shared her own infertility story with me. They always called back in a timely manner, even talking with me through lunch on one occasion!
Dr Isaacs was extremely patient and honest. He never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions. He was extremely hands on and had lots of information to give.
I wish I wouldn't have waited. I was so nervous of what they were going to tell me of find. Whatever you find out is good news! The more you know about what's going on the sooner you're on the path to fixing it.