Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1040 River Oaks Drive
Flowood, MS 39232
601-936-3650
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mississippi Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

1 doctor
Strength [of MS Repro Med] is that the team knows what they are doing and you can be confident they will give you good advice. Weakness was office turnover but I think that has been resolved. The nurses they have now seem to want to be there and are committed to fast correspondence through the portal.... I don’t feel like I paid more for services than it cost.... Susan Smith is there now and I believe she is a great nurse who is very kind.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Strength is that the team knows what they are doing and you can be confident they will give you good advice. Weakness was office turnover but I think that has been resolved. The nurses they have now seem to want to be there and are committed to fast correspondence through the portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Hines at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
He listened and answered all my questions. He made small talk with me as well so that was nice to not always have to talk about my issues.
There was one lady who was really good. But she moved. Then others were hired so I didn’t get a chance to know them well. But Susan Smith is there now and I believe she is a great nurse who is very kind. I took 6 minutes the off and am just returning to the clinic as I wasn’t ready to do IVF and I had already had 3 IUI’s.
How was your experience with Randall Hines at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
He is very thorough and patient. I enjoy my visits and feel he and the team are doing what they can to help me. Keeping nurses and office organization seemed to be a bit of a struggle at first but I think they have a handle on that now. Dr. Hines called me after work hours several times because I had emailed him and was on a timeline where I needed his answer. Dr. Hines provided me with medication by leaving it at the office for me and giving me the passcode to get in because I needed the medicine for the IUI (My husband accidentally bent the needle as he was getting the medication ready ab to give me the trigger shot) I appreciated Dr. Hines doing that. Also, I found he thought outside of the box regarding my bloodwork trying to see if other options outside of IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Hines at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
I would say go in with an open mind. You may not think you need to progress straight to IVF, but if he is mentioning it, then trust it is for a reason. Because you will probably eventually end up doing what he suggests.
Describe the protocols Randall Hines used in your cycles at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was given letrozole, progesterone, Bromocryptine, estriol, and a few other things to prepare me for iuis and the low prolactin level I had.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Hines at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive but that’s because insurance doesn’t cover anything. I don’t feel like I paid more for services than it cost.
Describe Randall Hines's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I haven’t experienced this yet
Flowood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randall Hines at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
no one [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] notified me that initial Amh level was low for my age or notified me of my low vitamin D. I knew the level was low and prompted them...IUI costs approximately $700 and IVF if completed would have costed approx $15k...Strengths- every one very compassionate and Honest...You’ll be well taken care of but make sure you are an advocate for yourself and be aware of what’s normal and what’s not I believe the clinic should offer financing for IVf
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- every one very compassionate and Honest Weaknesses- sometimes I wasn’t made aware of certain lab results You’ll be well taken care of but make sure you are an advocate for yourself and be aware of what’s normal and what’s not I believe the clinic should offer financing for IVf
Dr. Hines frequently called me and I feel like the staff grieved with me during my disappointments
The nurses i interacted with the most were Sarah and Susan. They were excellent teachers however no one notified me that initial Amh level was low for my age or notified me of my low vitamin D. I knew the level was low and prompted them
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hines is very quiet but kind. I feel that he answered all questions honestly which i very much appreciated and gave me the best options for me. My experience as a patient was great even though my outcome wasn’t
Be aware that he is very quiet but honest
I had initial lab work to assess egg equality. All of my Cycles were medicated with letrozole 5mg. IUI # 1 with Hcg trigger was performed and unsuccessful so based on my symptoms a laparoscopy was performed with stage 2 endo removed. My tubes were check and patent at that time. I resumed letrozole 5 mg and tried once cycle medicated then IUI number 2 with HCG trigger several more unsuccessful cycles on letrozole and then IUI number 3. Once we were past 6 cycles post IUI we began to discuss IVF. One more cycle medicated was tried then we prepped for IVF. I had a repeated OAR with an increase in my AmH from 1.67 to 3.02. Dr. Hines felt this to be a false positive and changed my protocol to medium dose. I began stimulation with 150 units of follistim and 150 units of menopur until day 8 when i started ganirellix until day 11 when I had my retrieval. My estradiol on day 9 was not what it should have been and was only 1400. Dr Hines prepared me at that time to have a decreased egg count . I only had 10 follicles. On retrieval 6 eggs were retrieved and only 4 were mature. 2 were fertilized and only one made it to the early stages of blastocyst on day 6. It did not progress to be mature enough to freeze so no viable embryos were available for transfer
All of my costs were out of pocket due to no insurance coverage. IUI costs approximately $700 and IVF if completed would have costed approx $15k from his clinic with 4699 of medications

2012 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The staff at MRM has been very easy to work with. I am able to send them messages any time of the day and they can respond directly to me over the Patient Portal. They have even communicated with me over the weekend when the clinic is closed.... One of the best things about the clinic is that I hardly ever have to wait. I think the initial process of OAR testing can be overwhelming because I didn't really understand what everything meant.
2012 - 2019
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
One of the best things about the clinic is that I hardly ever have to wait. I think the initial process of OAR testing can be overwhelming because I didn't really understand what everything meant. I did feel a little pressure to move forward with IVF when I don't think I was quite ready. I wish that there had been the option to sit down with someone in accounting to discuss payments and charges.
The MRM team has become like family. They are invested in my personal process and are working to help us achieve success. They are always willing to answer any questions that I have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tino)
Dr. Hines has a very serious personality, so it takes a while to get to know him. He is not "warm and fuzzy" but he is thorough and compassionate. He is very honest and I appreciate that about him. He wants his patients to have a clear understanding of the entire process.
Ask Dr. Hines lots of questions. He can be a little hard to get to know at first, but he is there to help and has a heart for what he does.
In 2012, Dr. Hines removed a large cyst from my right ovary and a small amount of endometriosis. In 2018 when my husband and I were TTC it was confirmed that I was ovulating, but my OB saw something on my ultrasound and we went back to Dr. Hines. In September 2018, I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. I had Stage 4 endometriosis and three polyps in my uterus removed. It was established that I had a diminished ovarian reserve (OAR score of 11) and during surgery it was found that my right tube was blocked and my left tube was open but with limited flow. In October 2018, I started 2.5mg of letrozole and was on the regimen for 3 months. I did not get pregnant. In January 2018, Dr. Hines recommended that I start the IVF process. I was put on birth control but only for a week or so. When I went in for my first baseline ultrasound, I already had a large follicle and I was instructed that I would not be able to participate in the egg retrieval that month. After that disappointing appointment, Dr. Hines recommended that I see a nutritionist and start acupuncture to prepare for the March egg retrieval. They also recommended Theralogix prenatal vitamins and CoQ10. My protocal was Menopur 150, Follistem 300, and Ganirelix 250. I had eight eggs retrieved, six of them mature, two egg fertilized and I ended up with one PGS normal embryo that is now frozen. My polyps have returned to I just had those removed and I plan to participate in another retrieval before I have an embryo transfer. To be better prepared for the second retrieval I have made several lifestyle changes based on the books "It Starts with the Egg" and "Making Babies"
Medication - $6,000 MRM - $12,250 Misc. - $1500 Surgery - $1500
We have not yet had a transfer.
Flowood

Dr. Hines office has a very relaxing feel to it. They [Mississippi Reproductive Med] set you up with a patient portal. I love being able to text my nurse and almost get an immediate response back. They send you reminders through text to make sure you are keeping up with everything on the app.... During procedures everyone was very professional and comforting... Dr. Hines took the time to get to know me before anything.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines office has a very relaxing feel to it. They set you up with a patient portal. I love being able to text my nurse and almost get an immediate response back. They send you reminders through text to make sure you are keeping up with everything on the app.
I felt very welcomed and cared for. Of course I had lots of questions, so many in fact I had to write them down so I wouldn’t forget. Each one was answered thoroughly and no one ever made me feel like I was taking up too much of their time. During procedures everyone was very professional and comforting .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tino, RN)
Everyone is very professional and thorough.
Dr. Hines took the time to get to know me before anything. I told him pretty much my whole life story. Dr. Hines also shared stories of himself and of his family with me. He also wanted to meet my husband and talk with him. He shook my husbands hand and made him feel very at ease. Dr. Hines is very professional during procedures. He made sure I was comfortable and talked to me the whole time. He is very gentle as well when he knew something was uncomfortable for me he would give me a reassuring pat on the leg and say “I’m sorry, I know this is uncomfortable but you are doing great.” I never felt scared because he explained everything. The best thing about Dr. Hines is that he gets straight to the point. Once he received my test results back he scheduled me an appointment so we could go over everything. He sat me down and right away started explaining to me how and why. After that he jumped right into positive action. He told me about my other options and explained everything perfectly. My experience as a patient of Dr. Hines is a great one.

2014 - 2019
3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Strengths 1) They [Mississippi Repro Med] don't overbook. Most of the time you are the only one in the waiting room which made me feel more comfortable. 2)Everyone is very professional and genuine. 3) Love the portal and everyone gets back to you very quickly. 4) Clean and calming facility Weakness: 1) Can be hard to get someone on the phone but not that big of a deal since you will set up a portal.
2014 - 2019
3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths 1) They don't overbook. Most of the time you are the only one in the waiting room which made me feel more comfortable. 2)Everyone is very professional and genuine. 3) Love the portal and everyone gets back to you very quickly. 4) Clean and calming facility Weakness: 1) Can be hard to get someone on the phone but not that big of a deal since you will set up a portal.
Dr. Hines was never in a rush and thoroughly went through any questions I had (which were a lot). He was very patient in his decisions and looked at all situations from every angle. He was very straight forward with all of his information whether good or bad.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
Erica was there to answer my 5,000 questions, help me with the donor profiles, and was a shoulder to lean on.
Dr. Hines is the whole package doctor. He makes you feel at ease with every appointment and procedure. He knows his stuff and you can tell he strives to stay on top of each area of specialty. He presents his answers and findings in a very professional manner while also showing compassion. I respect the fact that he is upfront and tells you the facts whether you like them or not. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hines and am so thankful every day that he was put into my life.
He is such an intelligent and matter of fact doctor. Expect the facts and truth in a straightforward way.
I just wrote an extremely long response to this and it didn't save :( so I will summarize it -Fertility medications for months -Procedure to look at tubes and endometriosis (found one tube wasn't completely normal and lots of endometriosis -3 rounds of IUI's with medications (all unsuccessful) -Began round of IVF using my eggs, took 4 injections a day while on estrogen, result was one follicle showing on ultrasound. -Discussed options 1) Go ahead with retrieval 2)Try again in a couple months using my eggs 3) Use donor eggs . 4) adopt -We used a donor, and her retrieval went wonderfully, ended with 3 embryos -We tested our embryos and all three came back normal and female -We transferred one embryo in September 2016 while I was on estrogen and began progesterone before transfer. Everything went beautifully, and we welcomed a healthy baby girl in June 2016 -We went back to Dr. Hines in the fall of 2017 for hopefully another transfer After three months of taking/adjusting estrogen and adding injections, we were unable to put in an embryo because Dr. Hines did not like my lining thickness and something was pulsating which he had recently read that this would drastically reduce the chance of pregnancy. After the third month of trying, my husband and I had to stop fertility treatments because of finances :(
IUI (for three rounds with bloodwork and ultrasounds) = $5000 IVR (retrieval for donor, medications, bloodwork, ultrasounds, egg donor payment, embryo freezing and shipping, embryo testing, and embryo transfer) = $35,000
When I asked Dr. Hines about possibly putting in two embryos in a transfer his answer was: My job is to get you pregnant, not for you to have multiples. He explained that since we had our embryos tested and they all came back normal and graded highly, he would be afraid I could end up with twins or triplets. I agree with him and am thankful for his decision and advice.
Flowood

Strengths; warm, kind, friendly, responsive, explain things well, responds quickly, informative Weaknesses; the only thing I’ve had an issue with is that they [MS Repro Med] are almost too quick to respond and I’ve had multiple nurses call/message me with the same questions. Maybe they need more communication with each other? But I wouldn’t exactly consider that much of a problem.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths; warm, kind, friendly, responsive, explain things well, responds quickly, informative Weaknesses; the only thing I’ve had an issue with is that they are almost too quick to respond and I’ve had multiple nurses call/message me with the same questions. Maybe they need more communication with each other? But I wouldn’t exactly consider that much of a problem.
Dr. Hines and his staff have been very warm and kind since the first appointment. They are always there to answer any questions I have and have helped me through the process time and time again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan Smith)
They are very warm and kind. Very responsive to any questions or concerns I have. Willing to work with me and listen to me.
He is very thorough and detail oriented when explaining processes or any procedure which I liked about him. During our first appointment he explained everything to me in a way I could understand and made me feel comfortable.
Be sure to ask questions or write down questions you have for him. He is very willing to answer and explain, and wants to make sure you fully understand everything.
Dr. Hines continued treating me with letrozole that I had been taking, it was prescribed by the second doctor I saw. This medicine assists in ovulation, since I cannot ovulate on my own due to PCOS. He told me I can continue to take the letrozole for however long I wanted. He suggested we try the IUI procedure since my husband had a low motility in his sperm. DR Hines also suggested i take an egg quality/quantity test which i did and had good results from it. He wanted to make sure that my eggs were in good shape before we proceeded with anything else. We continued to try to conceive naturally for a few months until we decided to try the IUI procedure. I came in for an ultrasound to check and see if/when I was about to ovulate. At that time I was given an HCG shot to assist in the ovulation and I returned to the clinic for the actual procedure. Dr Hines and staff were very helpful and informative through the entire procedure and explained every step of the process. After two weeks, I took a home pregnant test and found out I was pregnant. I let dr Hines know the results and they sent me an outside order to have my hcg and progesterone levels checked. I had them checked 3 different times on 3 different days but unfortunately my numbers dropped and I miscarried. During the process, they were calling and messaging me daily to make sure I had the blood work and to explain what the numbers meant. Since the miscarriage I have continued to try naturally and they recently upped my dosage of letrozole because my cycles are getting longer.
$798. Everything was paid out of pocket, all was for IUI procedure. Ultrasound, hcg injection, sperm collection and wash, and actual IUI. My initial consultation was covered by my insurance.
I do not have any comments, I’m not sure exactly what that is.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [Mississippi Repro Med] get you in and out but are willing to keep you longer to talk through issues. If you do not have time to talk during your appointment time, they will call you after hours. Their weakness might be that they won't deviate from a typical protocol, but if you are persistent about change, they will consider your recommendations and work with you.... I love Sarah Tino! I know she is my nurse, but I feel like she is a friend. She, like the entire staff, is very patient and will answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
They get you in and out but are willing to keep you longer to talk through issues. If you do not have time to talk during your appointment time, they will call you after hours. Their weakness might be that they won't deviate from a typical protocol, but if you are persistent about change, they will consider your recommendations and work with you.
I love Sarah Tino! I know she is my nurse, but I feel like she is a friend. She, like the entire staff, is very patient and will answer all your questions. She, too, really does care about you as a person and a patient.
He is the best doctor. He calls after hours. He listens when you cry, when you yell, when you are ready to give up. He and his entire staff are there for you and are willing to give you what you need to continue. We left to get a consult with another doctor, but came back to him because he was like family. I joked with him that it felt like I was considering a divorce and when I went on a date, it just felt wrong. Dr. Hines cares. I am not getting results, but I am willing to continue because he cares. He is patient with me; he answers every question I ask; he consoles me; he encourages me; he is invested in this with me, too. I have never once felt like a number. If he wasn't the one doing the US or blood draw, he mad e an effort to talk to me before I walked out.
Hang in there. Dr. Hines and his staff will take care of you.
We started with timed intercourse. I then moved on to Letrozole, 2.5. That later increased to 5, but it was brought back down to 2.5 due to no difference in ovulation. We used that for a few months, got pregnant, but was an ectopic. We did one IUI, but wasn't worth it. Wouldn't do it again. We moved on to IVF. We have done 3 cycles, using menopur, follistm, ganirelix and omnitrope. The menopur was also 75. The follistim fluctuated per cycle from 75-150. I have been put on vitamin D and synthroid for a thyroid issue.
It's expensive, but he has worked with me. He will never know how much that has been appreciated for me. When I do say expensive, I know it's not any more expensive than any other clinic. IVF rounds = $16,200. IUI = $1,000 ish. Monitoring is expensive ($500-$800). Blood work catches up with you...
Dr. Hines prefers single embryo transfers. However, we are considering transferring two because they are untested and one is a poor quality and the other is perfect quality.
Flowood

I love that Mississippi Reproductive Medicine was local and in very close proximity to my home and work. During IVF cycle, I was required to come in for quick monitoring and so the location was the most convenient part for me. They do a good job following up on questions on the patient portal and everyone on staff was very good at their jobs... 20K for monitoring, medications, retrieval, PGS testing, cryopreservation, and transfer.
East Asian, South Asian
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines spent a good amount of time with me going over all of my concerns and answering any and all of my question each time we had an appointment. I never felt rushed or felt that he was giving me partial attention.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Marty Gebhart)
Marty Gebhart was the nurse practitioner that works with Dr. Hines. She is very personable and professional at the same time. She took time to answer and answered all of my questions and and explained her answers very clearly.
Dr. Hines has a very hands on approach to his patients. He was up to date on my records at every visit and was professional yet very empathetic. We were able to do a IVF cycle with him without experiencing OHSS which due to my medical history, I am prone to. I appreciated the very close monitoring they did for me during my last cycle there. I would use them again.
Be ready to pay upfront for your procedure and cycle.
Dr. Hines and his group adjusted my medications due to my medical history and by what they observed at each monitoring visit, they did the best they could to maximize our egg retrieval numbers but to minimize the occurrence of OHSS.
We have not discussed this yet as I am not that far into the IVF process.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Hines and his entire staff [at MS Reproductive Medicine] have consistently gone above and beyond for my husband and I. They are very compassionate towards our desire to start a family, in spite of all of the negative tests. They have been super supportive and patient with us throughout this process and I can’t imagine going to another clinic. They are always accessible to our needs.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The entire office staff is super helpful and compassionate. The clinic is clean and modern and everyone is very professional! I would definitely recommend the clinic to my friends. In fact, I have recommended them several times. I never have to worry about anything. They literally take care of everything from the time I arrive until I leave.
Dr. Hines and his entire staff have consistently gone above and beyond for my husband and I. They are very compassionate towards our desire to start a family, in spite of all of the negative tests. They have been super supportive and patient with us throughout this process and I can’t imagine going to another clinic. They are always accessible to our needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Marty Gebhart, NP. )
She has been amazing and very comforting throughout our journey. She’s always available to answer any questions or concerns we have.
Dr. Hines is very knowledgeable and has always made my husband and I feel comfortable in what had potential to be a very awkward situation. He quickly put us at ease and has been very patient with us as we are walking through infertility. He’s been very compassionate and I’m grateful that he is my doctor.
Be completely up front and open about yourself and what’s going on. Ask questions!! There are never too many and he is always willing to sit with you to talk everything out for as long as it takes.
I have been taking Letrozole for over a year with timed intercouse and ovulation testing kits. I took Clomid for one cycle and my body didn’t ovulate and it made me super sick, so we went back to Letrozole. Also, he performed a laparoscopic hysteroscopy and discovered I had stage 2 endometriosis and a few cysts that were removed. I responded very well to surgery and was back to normal within a few days. He was wonderful. I had minimal pain. We waited one whole cycle after surgery before trying again with an IUI, which turned out to be unsuccessful. Now, my husband is seeing a urologist to make sure all is clear with him.
My insurance covers the ultrasounds that I have had, which leaves my IUI at a cost of $350-$485. I pay $45 per visit for exam. I’ve also paid random amounts for bloodwork.
Flowood

We were also the only ones at the clinic [MRM] each time we’ve been so it doesn’t seem as if we are cattle being herded through and our experience seemed more personal and private. They are also very responsive to messages on their online portal that we have had through the process.... downside ( for some) is they do almost no communication on the phone. My primary care physician needed some info and they couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Their strength would be their patience, professionalism, care and willingness to go the extra mile for its patients. The downside is the costs, there are other RE in the area that provide the same services at a lower cost BUT you may not receive the same care and attention. Another downside ( for some) is they do almost no communication on the phone. My primary care physician needed some info and they couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone. Anything that you fax to them also doesn’t seem to go through so this is an issue if you get tests done at another lab. Most communication is done through the patient portal which has its convenience.
They explained everything and took their time with us. They were very patient with us as we were very nervous, worried and new to the process. We were also the only ones at the clinic each time we’ve been so it doesn’t seem as if we are cattle being herded through and our experience seemed more personal and private. They are also very responsive to messages on their online portal that we have had through the process. I received a response on a Sunday to a question I had and I never.... never expected that. The nurse thoughtfully expressed her sympathy to a negative pregnancy test and updated our new plan of action, on a Sunday. I am impressed with this clinic, it’s staff and the care they have taken with us. I am praying for a positive outcome for us and am looking forward to continuing to work with the MRM staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan Tino and Susan Smith )
They were very helpful, answered all of our questions and explained everything in great detail. The nurses have answered our questions on the weekends through their patient portal.
Dr. Hines began by asking us about ourselves, maybe he sensed our nervousness. This eased some of our anxieties. He then began to explain our course of action pausing in between steps to ask if we had questions, and answered them in a way we both understood. He asked if we agreed with the course of action and then offered some suggestions on how to work around our insurance situation. He also assisted us later with a doctor for my husband’s sperm production issues and helped us make contact when we couldn’t get a response from that particular doctor’s office. The time we spent with him gave us a feeling of hope and excitement and the confidence that we made a good choice for our care.
Dr. Hines can sometimes come across as a “smart Alec.” When my husband asked a basic female anatomy question Dr. Hines’s manner of response implied my husband was unintelligent. We overlooked this and assumed it was a doctor thing.
We started with me coming off of Spironlactone due to the potential of birth defects. This caused my period to stop (I assume, it never was confirmed ) I then was prescribed Provera to induce a period and 2.5 mg of Letrozole to help with ovulation. I had an ultrasound and a day three Ovarian reserve test for some baseline data before taking my first dose of letrozole. I was told to have intercourse on days 10-20 and then had a 21 day progesterone test. The results were 9 ( 4 before taking Letrozole) and I was then instructed to take a pregnancy test on day 30. My test was negative so I am currently on 5 mg of Letrozole and will take another 21 day progesterone test in a few weeks. If this strength doesn’t work we go up to 7mg and haven’t been told what happens if that dose is unsuccessful.
Our first consultation was around 250 dollars. We then paid an additional 90+ dollars for my husbands sperm analysis. We came back for base line sonogram and ovarian reserve testing which was around $175. Provera was around $12 with my insurance, Letrozole around $12 as well. We were given a prescription for some prenatal Vitamins and that were very expensive. Our pharmacy called and got a RX for a more affordable prenatal.
We haven’t discussed this as of yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
They treated me with honesty, hopefulness, and kindness like no other [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine]. They dealt with all my mixed emotions: tears, fears, and even financial issues with all those emotions...They [nurses] were absolutely wonderful from the time you walked in the door to the time you walked out. They care about the patients as if we were all family...IVF was quoted to us at $15,000...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I believe that the strengths are the cleanliness, the organization, the knowledge of the staff and doctor, and love that pours from within the office. The only weakness that I saw (as a new patient) was the checking in process. It wasn’t as inviting, as I know now to be.
They treated me with honesty, hopefulness, and kindness like no other. They dealt with all my mixed emotions: tears, fears, and even financial issues with all those emotions. They never viewed me any differently from time to time.
They were absolutely wonderful from the time you walked in the door to the time you walked out. They care about the patients as if we were all family.
My overall experience was wonderful! When I first met Doctor Hines, I was nervous with all the not knowing questions too. He came in smiling and has never stopped since. He explains everything in immaculate detail and will even repeat when you don’t quite understand it all. My journey is far from over but Doctor Hines and his staff are always ready when I am ready.
Go in with all your questions, even the tiniest one. There is nothing they won’t answer or haven’t heard!
Dr. Hines decided that because of my infertility in the past and irregular cycles, to go ahead and put me on Letrozole to regulate my cycles. For over a year I took letrozole. It worked for my cycles but not for the pregnancy. We decided to try to move on to IUI. During the process, the letrozole started to not work. I was coming back and forth waiting on an egg to release for about two or three months. I sat down with Gebhart on my last visit. She was very straightforward with me. She said with all of my “red flags” (infertility, miscarriages, lazy tube, irregular cycles) that she was thinking we would get better results with IVF than to keep spending money on trying to do one IUI. We thanked them for their complete honesty in the matter. We just haven’t been back because of the lack of finances on our part.
We knew going in, that BCBS of MS did not cover anything we would do with Dr. Hines. However, we wanted to find out. I remember that my genetic testing cost was over $400.00. If we did bloodwork to test my levels, it was around $80 each time. The procedure for IUI we thought would cost around $1000. But it was going to be more due to the fact that I could not get my days in line with my eggs releasing. Each time I went to check, it ran about $250 if I remember correctly. The cost is the reason we stopped going. I wish that was not an issue. IVF was quoted to us at $15,000.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I didn’t like always being forwarded to voicemail and to get a reply back on the portal instead of a phone call from the nurse [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine]...several medication were ordered for me and when I went to order the medication all of it was sent to me causing a lot of money being spent on medication that’s illegal to resell and I could not use in future cycles. So it was a waste of money on my end and I would have preferred they told me specifically what I needed for my very first cycle ever.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I understand we all have our issues but in dealing with a business much like this one and many people don’t have insurance to asssit to pay and they have to come out of pocket to pay for these services, I think it very important for the nurses as well as the finance staff to have a pleasant attitude. The Finance Staff, I think her name is Joy has a very nasty and rude attitude as well. I think have a great staff with pleasant attitudes to understand what each and every person goes through even if they haven’t experienced themselves. Or maybe it’s best to have a staff that’s experienced this to have more understanding in dealing with these people or at lease have some compassion and love what you do!
I personally felt like a number in dealing with the portal. I personally didn’t like the use of the portal for everything even when you wanted to discuss and get information from the doctor or the nurses. It was nerve racking in itself going through the process but you always being told to send a message through the portal or a reply is being provided through the portal instead of a phone call not only from the doctor but the nurse. I didn’t like always being forwarded to voicemail and to get a reply back on the portal instead of a phone call from the nurse. I’ve dealt with another doctor’s office that didn’t utilize the portal and would call or even answer calls, as well as return calls in between other patients and it made the process so much smoother. I was able to get answers and not stress if I was doing something right or wrong with all of this being something new to me and my family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Tribble)
There were some nurses that really showed compassion, but I personally did not like my experience with Melissa. When I called throughout the day her calls would go to voicemail and in most cases she would never call back would send a message through the portal later that evening. If I would call and get her voicemail but when I would go up there right after she would be on her cell phone texting or something I’m not sure but it didn’t sit well with me. I had a totally different experience at another office with the nurses and it made the process so stress free.
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
I personally liked dealing with Dr Hines. One of the things I was very disappointed about was the use of the portal at all time but I can say Dr Hines provided a cell number to reach him at any time through the IVF process. Another thing was several medication were ordered for me and when I went to order the medication all of it was sent to me causing a lot of money being spent on medication that’s illegal to resell and I could not use in future cycles. So it was a waste of money on my end and I would have preferred they told me specifically what I needed for my very first cycle ever.
Ask questions. I would also recommend researching the process by YouTubing Videos to know what questions to ask as a first timer because although some things all told I feel that not everything is told about the process unless you ask but you would have had to go through at least one cycle to understand future cycles and the questions to ask.
Follistim-started with 150IUI per day for 3 days and decreased down to 75iui and then 34iui the last check up. Menopur-75iui per day, progesterone, Estrace 3 pulls a day vaginally, prenatal vitamins daily, Lupron, HCG pregngl trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I would say it was on a schedule that wasn’t of an inconvenience to me.
I did the PgS testing and that’s one option I probably wish I had not done but it was something that was an option to us and just didn’t know and thought it was good but actually a waste of money. All other costs were associated with the cycle monitoring, genetic screening, blood work, embryo transfer, visits, egg retrieval, anesthesia, IcSI. This is what I can remember after spending about $16,000 or $18,000 for this cycle to include medication. My husband also had to pay for sperm retrieval and also storage of his sperm at another location.
Flowood

I don’t think they [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] have any weaknesses, honestly. Going through this stuff is scary, but you are in great hands if you go there. I feel like they became family when I was going there...I loved the nursing staff. I enjoyed getting to see them every time I was there. I miss them! They were so loving and caring...The first 3 months with him [Dr. Hines] I did letrozole and ovulated all 3 times with no pregnancy. The 4th month we did letrozole again with no ovulation so we went to IUI. We did that for 3 cycles with no pregnancy. After that we went to IVF. I had my egg retrieval and took the month off after that. The first and second transfer didn’t not result in pregnancy. I then took a month off and did a biopsy instead of a transfer, which showed I needed an extra day of meds before doing a transfer. The next transfer we did that and I got pregnant!
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
They are the place to go in this area. They have a great success rate. I don’t think they have any weaknesses, honestly. Going through this stuff is scary, but you are in great hands if you go there. I feel like they became family when I was going there.
He really felt like he cared. After going there for so long I feel he and his staff became like family.
He is such a caring doctor. After everything I had been through, he really took some of the stress off of me. He told me he would do everything he could to help me achieve pregnancy, and he did. He explained everything very well and told me the reason behind everything we were doing.
He is the best. Trust him. He knows what he’s doing.
I was seeing my obgyn before Dr. Hines and she was only prescribing me letrozole and clomid. After several times of not working I went to Dr. Hines. The first 3 months with him I did letrozole and ovulated all 3 times with no pregnancy. The 4th month we did letrozole again with no ovulation so we went to IUI. We did that for 3 cycles with no pregnancy. After that we went to IVF. I had my egg retrieval and took the month off after that. The first and second transfer didn’t not result in pregnancy. I then took a month off and did a biopsy instead of a transfer, which showed I needed an extra day of meds before doing a transfer. The next transfer we did that and I got pregnant!
Total, I spent around $25,000

2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
The nursing staff is great. The nurses that were there during my FET are no longer there now. However, I've only had great experiences at MS Reproductive Med....They have a top notch geneticist. She is amazing ans super sweet! I like the portal and being able to see my lab results online. The billing lady can come across kind of mean, but she is really nice once you get to know her.
2012 - 2018
South Asian, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hines. He's been there for me through 3 of my losses, helped with my stage 4 endometriosis diagnosis, cleared my uterine fibroids and adenomyosis. And, the most important of all, helped us have our precious little girl. All along the way, made sure we understood the process. Explained everything thoroughly, and showed they truly cared and would do what they can to help us grow our family!
Dr. Hines can be blunt. However, I like knowing the facts. When it comes to fertility, there are so many unknowns. I like that he was realistic and didn't set us up for unrealistic expectations. Dr. Hines always popped in to say hello and give an update, even if I was scheduled to see the NP. He's done all of my surgeries. We are very happy with his care!
Dr. Hines is great and will give you all of the information you need!
I had a history of recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, then a period of unexplained infertility when I couldn't get pregnant at all. Dr. Hines performed my surgeries to clear my endo and any fibroids/adenomyosis. Since, at first, we were able to get pregnant on our own, we sought Dr. HInes mainly for my endo. After the 3rd miscarriage, we did more genetics testing. Everything came out okay. However, I was then having trouble getting pregnant again (unexplained infertility) We took some time off from TTC and looked to adoption. After adopting, we had a surprise pregnancy that ended in another loss. There was a genetic abnormality in the fetus. We decided to try IVF to grow our family. I had to have another surgery to remove a fibroid. We did an egg retrieval and had the embryos from those eggs PGS tested. We had 2 healthy PGS normal embryos. We transferred one (FET). We now have our beautiful baby girl! We are hoping to transfer our last one next year. We did PGS to help rule out any genetic issues with the embryo to help with the recurrent loss.
I think the total costs with meds (but not including surgery) were around $14,000.

Anovulation, Unexplained
This clinic [Mississippi Repro Med] really cares for you as a patient. They let you lead with how aggressive you want to be. They will see you on a saturday if need be. A weakness would be they do their IVFs in batches so they are only available every other month... The nursing staff were incredible. They responded to all emails quickly. They were able to work with my schedule, even making arrangements for saturday tests.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic really cares for you as a patient. They let you lead with how aggressive you want to be. They will see you on a saturday if need be. A weakness would be they do their IVFs in batches so they are only available every other month
Dr. Hines did not sugar coat anything but explained everything with kindness and facts. I felt like he was always talking to me and not just a fertility patient
The nursing staff were incredible. They responded to all emails quickly. They were able to work with my schedule, even making arrangements for saturday tests. They took into account my insurance and allowed me to do lab work at an outside facility to save me money. When I found out I was pregnant they above an beyond to show their joy for me. I can’t say enough great things about them. Sometimes I did have to wait for a long time.
I was hesitant about Dr. Hines at first. I was used to doctors really down playing the situation by saying things like “everything will work out”. Dr. Hines gave it to me straight. He was completely honest and told me the average results of the IUIs. He was reachable at all times and was patient with my questions and concerns. He was honest about when it was time to move on from the IUI to IVF. He was thoughtful and kind but without sugar coating anything.
I would say listen to him and his clinical advice. He gives his honest opinion on whether he thinks certain tests or procedures are a good idea. He also knows the financial burden so he always lets you know.
He saw my progesterone levels were very low so we started on letrozole with timed intercourse for ovulation to occur. The next cycle we added an injection and timed intercourse. The next three cycles we added an IUI to increase the likelihood of conception.
The IUIs cost about $500 total. It was about $50 for the ultrasounds, $50 for injection medicine, and then $400 for the actual transfer.
He explained that he thought a single embryo transfer was the best bet since I am petite and he didn’t want multiples. He thought if we did a single embryo transfer with PGS would give the most chance of success

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I wish you could do an ivf cycle whenever you wanted, not in a group [at MS Reproductive Med]. They still make you feel like you’re the only patient they are seeing but I don’t like waiting. They try to get you in in a reasonable time and will work with you on payments, unless it’s an ivf cycle.... At first we did 2.5 mg of letrozole. That resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. We had surgery and a tube was removed. We tried with letrozole again for a few months after and had a chemical pregnancy. When I produced a follicle from my ovary with a tube, we did IUI. We did 2 before Dr. Hines suggested we move on to ivf. I did 12 days of stimming with follistim, menopur and ganirlex. We triggered with lupron. Before my transfer (we only had 1 normal embryo), we did lupron again for what felt like 1 month. Then we did progesterone shots beginning 6 days before transfer. We also did birth control before stimming and the transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I wish you could do an ivf cycle whenever you wanted, not in a group. They still make you feel like you’re the only patient they are seeing but I don’t like waiting. They try to get you in in a reasonable time and will work with you on payments, unless it’s an ivf cycle.
Dr. Hines has wonderful bed-side manners and calls you at all hours of the day if you need him. He truly does care about his patients and is willing to work with you and study you until you achieve a live birth.
I love Melissa, who has left since we started treatment, Sarah and Megan. They are wonderful, patient and understanding. They are encouraging as well. Sweet Melissa listened to me cry for a good 10 minutes or longer when I thought I was having a miscarriage (later ectopic) and she assured me I was in good hands. They also joke around to make this experience less stressful and intense.
Dr. Hines was a great doctor. He made himself available. He was there through the tough times and is rooting for you to have success. Our journey has been very disappointing from day 1, but he hasn’t given up. He shows compassion. He lets you cry and assure you that we will get there someday. He explains everything and is willing to try new things. Everything he does is supported by data and research too.
Save your dollars because this is expensive!
Pills were covered by insurance so less than $15. Shots cost anywhere from $1k to $4k. Iui cost about $1500. Ivf cost $20k+. Sonogram cost $800. The test to look at your tubes was $1500.
He prefers only transferring one, unless the patient wants otherwise.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Each visit the staff [Mississippi Repro Med] and Dr Hines knew what was going on with my current case. They were very friendly and willing to take the time needed to explain every question I had.... The clinic’s strength is that it is a well organized facility. Very clean and quiet. One weakness would be initial wait time for evaluation, this took several weeks following referral from my OB-GYN.... The nurses were very helpful with all aspects as far as what to expect and treatment plans
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Each visit the staff and Dr Hines knew what was going on with my current case. They were very friendly and willing to take the time needed to explain every question I had.
Dr Hines was very thorough with my results of all of my testing: HSG, OAR, etc. He was very realistic, but hopefully optimistic. He explained every aspect in a manner that we could understand. He made sure we understood that due to my OAR and hormone levels that this journey will be difficult. He was also very compassionate and showed empathy when a treatment did not give us the outcome we wanted.
Make sure to write down all questions you have before the appointment. You will receive a lot of information and you may forget the questions you wanted answered.
I was on an aggressive protocol for egg retrieval. We started with birth control. We used 150 IU of Menopur and 300 IU of Follistim. 250 mcg of Ganirelix was added as well. I was monitored on Day 5,8,10,12 with bloodwork and ultrasounds. HCG trigger was used. This dose was used due to my low OAR score of 11 and low AMH.
Initial monitoring and testing was covered by insurance with a co-pay or co-insurance. HSG was $1,100. Each IUI cost roughly $1,000. We paid $9,000 up front for IVF. Additional complications with OHSS and monitoring prior to transfer was roughly $1,500. And Transfer was $1,700. This is a rough estimate of fees I remember.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
MRM uses an online patient portal for communication. At first it seemed like a slower process, but the longer I've been a patient, the more I appreciate the digital record of my treatments. I have talked to Dr. Hines on the phone several times, though, after various treatments and appointments. I really can't think of a weakness! The clinic does get busy, so sometimes they run behind schedule. They do their best to accommodate everyone, though.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
At first I felt more like a number, but I think that is because we did not have very many appointments at the beginning. As time progressed and my treatment became more involved, Dr. Hines knew my case well and would connect to my previous visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa at MRM is great to work with -- very down to earth, reasonable, and patient. She enjoys getting to know her patients.
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hines is a very thorough doctor. He is well-versed in the latest medical research, and he references that research when we ask questions. I like knowing that his medical practice is based on research--facts and numbers. He has provided sound knowledge about my endometriosis diagnosis, and he has been extremely patient with my husband and me as we began IVF. No matter how busy the clinic is, he always takes time to visit with us and answer any questions we may have. He never acts like he is in a hurry to get to the next patient. He has spent ample time with us on the weekends for my egg retrieval and follow-up appointments. Dr. Hines is a very matter-of-fact person. I respond well to that type of personality because infertility can be so emotional, and I don't need someone too sentimental to give me any false hope. There are times for sentiment, though, and I think Dr. Hines has done a great job of staffing his clinic with people who can be sentimental for him.
Take charge of your fertility/infertility. Ask questions and do (reputable) research. Dr. Hines is always open to questions, but you need to know what you want to ask!
1. Laparoscopy to diagnose endometriosis -- diagnosed stage 3 2. Letrozole only - 3 cycles 3. Letrozole + HCG trigger shot + IUI - 2 cycles 4. SHG to diagnose uterine issues -- potential uterine polyp/septum 5. Second laparoscopy to resect septum and polyp + check for additional endo -- found no uterine issues but did diagnose stage 4 endometriosis 6. Recommendation for IVF - protocol listed below IVF stimulation normal dose protocol: (OCP for a week or two) AM Menopur 150 units (12 days) PM Follistim 150 units (11 days) PM Ganirelix .25 mg (7 days) HCG trigger (10,000 units) Peak Estradiol: 3105 Egg retrieval on day 14 - 10 eggs 9 mature 5 fertilized 2 matured to day 5 PGS testing - one normal and one abnormal embryo FET protocol: Baby aspirin Prenatal vitamin Estrace 2mg PO TID Progesterone - 50mg IM QD AM Doxycycline BID, 5 days Peak Estradiol: 248 1st beta HCG: 40 2nd beta HCG: 19 Period came 4 days after 2nd beta.
Approximately $10,000 in clinic costs excluding PGS, SHG, trial transfer, and FET. Can receive a 10% discount on clinic costs if paid up front. Otherwise, $3,000 is due at beginning of monitoring, and the rest is due 90 days after egg retrieval. Medications cost approximately $5,000. PGS costs approximately $2,200. FET costs approximately $1,800.
Dr. Hines strongly encourages PGS, so he is an advocate for eSET.
Flowood

Very nice clinic.. and I actually like going there. The doctor and nursing staff is very friendly. The billing department [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] is a little inconsistent. If you have questions, ask Joy. She dug in and found out my insurance would cover the ultrasounds, but the girl at the front desk wasn’t filing them. The initial appointment took 1 month but after that they are very flexible with appointments.... Ultrasound and hcg shot $448
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Very nice clinic.. and I actually like going there. The doctor and nursing staff is very friendly. The billing department is a little inconsistent. If you have questions, ask Joy. She dug in and found out my insurance would cover the ultrasounds, but the girl at the front desk wasn’t filing them. The initial appointment took 1 month but after that they are very flexible with appointments.
Dr. Hines spends a lot of time with me at each visit. He isn’t rushing in and out of the room. He answers all our questions. He even stuck around to have a full conversation about my story of moving, school, work and shared about his daughter. That 20 minutes laying on the table after an IUI was actually pleasant. He also stops to chat and check in whenever he sees me in the clinic when I’m not necessarily there to see him (ie blood test)
We communicated via an online patient portal. She is very short and just lists the scheduling plan. Replies are within a few hours.
Dr. Hines treats me like a real person and got to know my husband and me. He makes me feel comfortable. He doesn’t ever rush to end our appointments. We don’t leave until everything is answered.. and we’ve actually had some time to think of questions. He also didn’t push ivf like I’ve heard some doctors do. He is thorough in explaining every process and options. He is also very open with costs.
Ask him anything you want to know.
I was on letrozole for 5 days, then follicular ultrasound and HCG trigger shot. (4 times) the first time we had timed intercourse. The other three were IUIs. After the first round, before IUI, i did have a HSG. My cervix is difficult and Dr. Hines recognized this and made sure I had a full bladder for IUIs to make the catheter entry easier. I had 1 IUI with the PA because Dr. Hines was stuck in surgery.
Ultrasound and hcg shot $448 (insurance ended up covering the ultrasound) hcg was $90 IUI $350 HSG insurance covered all but $13 of Dr. Hines charge. Merit Women’s hospital charged $1100.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
When you first walk into the waiting room [MS Repro Med], you will instantly feel calm. There is a sense of achievement in the atmosphere. You don’t worry about your situation or whether it’s going to work or not. It’s imposible to feel stressed when everyone you see is smiling and greeting you by name.... The staff is amazing! They will answer any questions you have, even when they have been on the phone with you for over 20 minutes explaining the same thing over and over. They are patient and understanding. I love the patient portal. I can send a quick email to any of the staff.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
When you first walk into the waiting room, you will instantly feel calm. There is a sense of achievement in the atmosphere. You don’t worry about your situation or whether it’s going to work or not. It’s imposible to feel stressed when everyone you see is smiling and greeting you by name.
Dr. Hines and his staff see you as a person first and then a patient. On one of my appointments, I was meeting with Marty Gebhart, the nurse practitioner. I didn’t get the results that I had hoped for and became upset. Marty was very kind and understanding. When I walked out of the exam room, Dr. Hines was waiting for me in the hallway. He shook my hand and told me not to worry. Just knowing that he took the time to wait and speak to me when I know he had other patients to see, meant the world to me. Whenever I have an appointment, the staff treats me like I’m a part of the family. They have so many patients, but they never forget a face, a name, or a situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Tribble )
The staff is amazing! They will answer any questions you have, even when they have been on the phone with you for over 20 minutes explaining the same thing over and over. They are patient and understanding. I love the patient portal. I can send a quick email to any of the staff. They are pretty good about getting back to you by the end of the day.
Dr. Hines is very knowledgeable and doesn’t try to hide anything from you. I went to him after a failed IVF cycle through a different clinic, and he was very honest with me about things (lab results, procedures, etc) that should have been explained to me by the prior clinic but had not. For example, I had a low AMH number that concerned Dr. Hines, but yet the prior clinic had only ever told me everything was good. Dr. Hines takes his assessment of you and provides you with options. You have a choice in how you proceed with treatment. He truly looks out for his patients.
Schedule your consultation, meet the staff, and then sign the dotted line. Don’t question whether you need a second opinion or not. You will be in the best of hands at MRM.
We’re currently beginning our cycle. Because of my low egg count, Dr. Hines suggested using Donor Eggs. My sister has graciously agreed to donate her eggs. She starts her shots to prepare for the egg retrieval in 10 days.

2013 - 2018
The clinic [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful. Dr. Hines built it to his specifications and is outfitted with great technology. It is a very beautiful clinic but can make you nervous however if you look at the beautiful baby photographs then it helps. ... The nursing staff is very nice but you usually had one nurse you would go through. I am fortunate that I had Paris who always made me feel calm and hopeful ...
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is wonderful. Dr. Hines built it to his specifications and is outfitted with great technology. It is a very beautiful clinic but can make you nervous however if you look at the beautiful baby photographs then it helps.
Yes in every doctors office you can feel like a number after a while however with Dr. Hines he does treat you like a human. He answers your questions and tries to help with solutions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Paris the nurse and I also worked with Dr. Garhart)
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hines like most has strengths and weaknesses. Some of his weaknesses are that he is very clinical and shy in his conversation especially when you have been trying so long that you just want a result. His strengths are that he keeps trying and his knowledge is outstanding. He told us IVF was our best bet but there is no way my husband and I could afford the procedure.
Be prepared that this is a marathon and you have to trust your doctor.
During my cycles I took clomid and another medication but I cannot remember off hand for 30 cycles. My husband also took medicine in order to help with his sperm count. IUI’S were our only choice if we could not conceive naturally because IVF is too expensive for us to afford. Each time we went in my husband gave a sample and then Dr. Hines and his lab would put it in a catheter after testing and he would insert the sample into my uterus. After two weeks I would take a test. Also two days before I would have an ultrasound to make sure my body was ready and the night before the procedure I would take a shot.
The cost was alarming at first I won’t lie. Every visit was about $200-$400 dollars. Every IUI cost us around $1000 all together. This included travel from 3 hours away. Also our insurance does not cover fertility.
Flowood

Every worker that I met there [MRM] was friendly except for one. Her name was Joy and she is over the billing department. She was rude each time we had to speak with her and did not seem to have any understanding/compassion towards us. We were already going through something that was very hard for us and honestly she made it worse....Each IUI was $900. That did not include the medication/injections.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Every worker that I met there was friendly except for one. Her name was Joy and she is over the billing department. She was rude each time we had to speak with her and did not seem to have any understanding/compassion towards us. We were already going through something that was very hard for us and honestly she made it worse. Even though insurance does not cover anything to do with infertility, I had 2 different insurances and had to show proof of both. She actually laughed when I told her I had 2 and neither would cover the costs. She was the only disappointment to the clinic in my opinion.
Everyone at Dr. Hines's clinic was very nice. Dr. Hines is very quiet. Sometimes it is difficult to understand the things he says because he is so smart. I know that sounds weird but he uses the bigger medical terms instead of lamen terms. With my first IUI, he had us expecting to be pregnant with twins but the pregnancy test came back negative. This happened with 3 IUIs in all with donor sperm. I had every test done possible on me and everything seemed to be working fine. He was not able to explain to me why all of my pregnancy test came back negative.
Paris was always the triage nurse and she was extremely nice. She was very friendly and always smiling when we came in. The main nurse that did Dr. Hines's scheduling (procedures, etc.) seemed really busy and therefore was quick with us each time. She did seem nice though. Marty Gebhart, FNP did our last IUI and was very compassionate and hoped things went well for us, especially since it was our last try with them.
Dr. Hines is very smart and I have no doubt that he knows what he is doing in this field of medicine. He is hard to understand sometimes because he doesn't always use lamens terms. He's quiet but seems compassionate.
If you don't understand what he is explaining to you, ask him to tell you differently where you do understand.
I was placed on a low dose birth control pill for one to 2 months before each IUI to regulate my cycle. I was placed on Clomid and then given the hcG injection one day prior to each IUI that was done. I would go in a few days before each IUI and have a vaginal ultrasound done to see how many follicles I had produced. I have a "tilted cervix" that was often difficult for Dr. Hines to deal with when trying to do the IUIs. Each time was painful but I was able to bare it. Dr. Hines was always apologetic when he knew I was in pain.
I have learned that he is a little more expensive than other doctors. Each IUI was $900. That did not include the medication/injections. Each vaginal ultrasound was at least $150. Office visits were usually $75-$100.
Flowood

Office [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] is nice, quiet, and clean. Staff are friendly. There is never a long wait for visits or procedures. They utilize an online portal which makes it very easy to send a question and get a response. The nurses were always great. Called you by name every time you went to the clinic. Dr Hines is kind of quiet, but he is honest and sympathetic with his answers. His NP Marty is very knowledgeable, has a great personality, and a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Office is nice, quiet, and clean. Staff are friendly. There is never a long wait for visits or procedures. They utilize an online portal which makes it very easy to send a question and get a response. The nurses were always great. Called you by name every time you went to the clinic. Dr Hines is kind of quiet, but he is honest and sympathetic with his answers. His NP Marty is very knowledgeable, has a great personality, and a great bedside manner.
They were all very pleasant. Called you by name. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and sympathetic.
Melissa was great. Always responded to questions through the portal, almost immediately.
Dr Hines is very quiet and soft spoken. He has a gentle but honest approach when giving you expectations. He is not they type of doctor that is going to laugh, cut up, and joke around with you. He is very straight and to the point, but in a very polite way.
The portal to contact them is amazing. You can always get in touch with them and get a response through that system.
I have secondary infertility. I have one child and had just had a recent miscarriage. We thought just some oral medications would help me get pregnant again. We tried that with times intercourse, then moved on to 3 IUIs back to back without success. We then did some extra testing, laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. The AMH showed some diminished ovarian reserve. We were not ready for IVF so we tried one more IUI which didn’t work either.
Around 5000-6000 including 4 IUIs and the surgery (which insurance covered)

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Initial consultation [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine was] $200 follow up consultation $100 Ultrasounds $300 OAR ultrasound $300 cd21 bloodwork $50...I began with Letrozole, since it did not rely on the pituitary gland like Clomid and I have a history of prolactinoma. From letrozole we moved on to Clomid, then Clomid with dexamethasome, and then back to letrozole with dexamethasone. We did a few cycles of each medication, increasing the dosage each time.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I like that the clinic uses eIVF online portal. It also has an iphone app that I can communicate directly with anyone in the clinic at any time.
Dr. Hines was very kind. He took his time and explained everything I needed to know, from the basics of fertility to the most complex questions. He explained what to expect, why we were taking the routes we were, ect. He made clear what testing he would prefer be done but also was understanding to the financial aspects. I did not feel like a number. There were a lot of sensitive subjects discussed and he approached them with ease as to not scare but also to not offend me.
Melissa is a sweetheart! She answers all of my questions and is very understanding!
Dr. Hines is very reserved but friendly. He is quiet. He speaks very matter of fact without being rude. The more you see him the personable he becomes. I really like Dr. Hines because he hasn't wasted my time. He's taken the time to answer my questions and explain things to me. He's heard me out when I have had concerns and validated them.
Don't be nervous and ask every question you have.
Initial consultation $200 follow up consultation $100 Ultrasounds $300 OAR ultrasound $300 cd21 bloodwork $50

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Mississippi Repro Med] is in high demand. That’s great but sometimes had to get in quickly. Sometimes the waiting room was packed full and it would take a while to see Dr. Hines. However if my appointment was time sensitive I would be called back immediately.... They were always attentive and very knowledgeable. They were also very responsive on the portal when I had questions for them.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is in high demand. That’s great but sometimes had to get in quickly. Sometimes the waiting room was packed full and it would take a while to see Dr. Hines. However if my appointment was time sensitive I would be called back immediately.
I have no doubt that Dr. Hines cares about me. When we had our little girl he came to visit us in the hospital to see how we were doing and meet the little miracle he helped create.
Dr. Hines is very straight to the point and I like that. In this type of situation I wanted a doctor to be incredibly clear and honest with me. There were many times that he had to tell me things that were tough to hear but coming from him it was okay and he always had a plan in place of what to do next.
Take every appointment one step at a time. Trust what Dr. Hines is doing and ask lots of questions for your own personal understanding.
He put me on letrozol for two months then we began talking IUI. We had an IUI scheduled. A few days before the IUI I went in for an ultrasound to check my follicles and we found none. So we began to question my egg supply. Ended up canceling the IUI and tested my egg supply which came back poor. Dr Hines discussed going in for surgery to check for endometriosis and any other factors that could be causing my infertility and or low egg count. He found and cleaned out endometriosis and found both of my tubes were blocked with fibroid tissue that he was unable to clean our. Therefore resulting in IVF as our only resort to have a baby. We began IVF soon after.
We transferred one embryo because we only had a total of two and the one we transferred had a “good” PGS testing results. The other embryo came back with inconclusive results.
Flowood

Everyone was great & warm. Answered all my questions in a timely manner.... They [Mississippi Repro Med] are very organized & fast with all testing. I never waited long & never felt rushed. The online portal for communication is great. We will be going back when it’s time to have another baby. Everyone from receptionist to checkout is helpful.... The entire staff was warm & answered every little question I had.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
They are very organized & fast with all testing. I never waited long & never felt rushed. The online portal for communication is great. We will be going back when it’s time to have another baby. Everyone from receptionist to checkout is helpful.
The entire staff was warm & answered every little question I had. Dr. Hines made sure I understood how “likely “ the procedure would work. He gave me the choice to go straight into IUI. He didn’t try & make me wait , or string me along. I researched everything & he was on my page. He came in on a very early Sunday morning to do the IUI b/c our bodies don’t take into account weekends & holidays. Now I’m holding my sweet baby boy b/c Dr. Hines is awesome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone was great & warm. Answered all my questions in a timely manner.
I was nervous at first b/c I’m overweight & was scared I might be turned away. We did discuss my weight as I was trying to lose some. He never made me feel bad about myself or that I “wouldn’t get pregnant b/c of it.” He was very professional and had a caring demeanor. He sincerely wanted to be successful in me getting pregnant & having a baby.
Don’t be scared to ask many questions as they are probably in your head. Dr. Hines can answer & make you feel comfortable & confident.
I was taking letrozole to help ovulation & scored pretty decent on my egg score. My husband has high viscosity so sperm can’t breakthrough semen to make it to my eggs. Going IUI bypassing viscosity issue & putting the sperm where it needed to be. It worked!
I don’t remember but in total it was less than $2000. My insurance only paid some after I became pregnant.
Flowood

[Mississippi Reproductive] was very responsive to our needs. They were always helpful and and easy to work with. Dr. Hines is very compassionate and always made us feel positive. Marty Gebhart is compassionate as well and always is positive. The nurses were awesome with our experience. The staff was very pleasing and always helpful...The nurses that took my vitals were so personable with me and my husband. The nurse practitioner Marty Gebhart was very thorough and compassionate. Dr. Hines was very compassionate and very thorough. He made me feel like the IVF was going to work and he gave us hope.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Ms Reproductive was very responsive to our needs. They were always helpful and and easy to work with. Dr. Hines is very compassionate and always made us feel positive. Marty Gebhart is compassionate as well and always is positive. The nurses were awesome with our experience. The staff was very pleasing and always helpful.
Melissa Tribble was very compassionate and thorough with all the procedures that I had to do. Marty Gebhart NP was very compassionate and thorough as well.
On our first visit which was a consultation Dr Hines looked at all the aspects of what I had going on and described what he could do to help us. It was several years when we went back. He sat down with us again and told us what was going to happen step for step. He is very to the point. He has one goal in mind and intends to achieve the goals he sets in place. We started in January and did one embryo transfer in July. Which was truly a Blessing for us.
He such a blessing to us. To put God first and follow his instructions completely. He is to the point and is very compassionate.
I can’t really remember how much each individual thing cost. I know my medicine was $5000.00. The genetics testing was around $1500.00. We spent around a total of $22,000.00.
Flowood

The nursing staff [MRM] treated me like family. I remember being sad to leave after the process was over because they really did become my friends. Melissa and Paris handled the day to day tasks such has schedule, meds, blood work and nurse practitioner Marty assisted Dr. Hines with examines, course of action, and procedures. The staff is amazing.... Clinic strengths are compassion, knowledge, and organization. The staff from the administrators to the nurses and doctors are top notch.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
No weaknesses. I had a great experience. Clinic strengths are compassion, knowledge, and organization. The staff from the administrators to the nurses and doctors are top notch. I would recommend this clinic to anyone struggling with fertility.
Dr. Hines was always very professional and had a caring bed side manner. I liked how he was very up front with us and I could tell he was really invested in helping us try to conceive. He has many patients but he always gave me plenty of time to talk about the IVF process and address any of my concerns.
The nursing staff treated me like family. I remember being sad to leave after the process was over because they really did become my friends. Melissa and Paris handled the day to day tasks such has schedule, meds, blood work and nurse practitioner Marty assisted Dr. Hines with examines, course of action, and procedures. The staff is amazing. I owe them so much. They made the IVF process so much easier mentally and physically.
Dr. Hines is really one of a kind. I always thought how hard it must be to do what he does every day. Infertility is such a tough thing to go through and seeing struggling couples day in day out and the sadness involved really takes a special person. Dr. Hines is this special person. I never thought I would be able to have a child but he believed in us and made that dream come true. I owe my greatest treasure in the whole world to him.
Dr. Hines is an incredible physician. If you have any concerns he is always there to address them. He has an extensive medical background and you will be in great hands.
I honestly can’t remember all the details. I just know I was a low responder with the first round of injectables. I remember being very discouraged when I was told we may have to stop and try a different protocol. Dr. Hines decided to increase the dose and give my body an extra week. After a week, somehow, I was able to produce some eggs at the right size. I was so happy we didn’t waste all that money on the meds and have to start all over with a new regimen. This was all due to Dr. Hines not giving up. I had 4 eggs at retrieval and only 2 were viable embryos. After genetic testing we only had 1. One shot and Dr. Hines made it happen. The day he told me my pregnancy test was positive was one of the happiest days of my life.
I think after all was said and done it cost about $30,000.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The entire staff [Mississippi Reproductive Med] make you feel so at ease. They are so compassionate to your struggle and truly care about how much you may be suffering or are scared, etc., it was a feeling of warmth and security from the whole staff at every visit.... I believe that there was a consultation fee of roughly $500 and then between the medicine and the procedures it was roughly $500/month.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
If you’re scared, don’t be. Everyone there is going through the same struggle that you are. It is a safe place and you will hate leaving when you’re done. Can’t say enough good things and Dr. Hines and his entire staff.
He was super respectful and kind while also being completely honest about what to expect and who our chances were currently and what we could expect. He also has the kindest staff and they provide a very calming and personal atmosphere. I was sad to leave his care when we got to a good point in my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Paris and Mellissa )
The entire staff make you feel so at ease. They are so compassionate to your struggle and truly care about how much you may be suffering or are scared, etc., it was a feeling of warmth and security from the whole staff at every visit.
He is a very calm and very intellectual man. He does not make promises that he cannot keep. He tells you the facts about what your circumstances are, but creates a plan to follow based on the information at hand and where we can go forward. He is very mild mannered and easy to feel safe with. You can really tell that he cares about you and what he is doing and he’s changing lives creating miracles. I can’t say enough good things about this man that forever changed my life.
Don’t hesitate. See him, he may seem a bit quiet, but he is brilliant and will not sell you false hope just to take your money.
We used a combination of leterzole and IUI after determining that after trying for 5 years that my husband and I had roughly a 1% chance on our own. He gave me the option of going straight to IVF, but did not push either option on me. Gave me the facts about both and their success rates and let me choose our course from there. He was very easy To discuss concerns with and come up with a plan that would work best both for our budget and lifestyle.
I believe that there was a consultation fee of roughly $500 and then between the medicine and the procedures it was roughly $500/month. It was more affordable than I expected it to be. However hardly anything was covered by insurance, but not do to them.
Flowood

Beautiful clinic [MRM] and very clean. I love the music that is played overhead; very calming. I hate when clinics play elevator music. I love how you exit out the back so you do not have to walk back through waiting room. there were a few times that I left there upset, and it was nice to not have to exit through everyone.... Paris & Melissa were the RNs that mostly saw me. They were awesome! Very compassionate staff!
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Beautiful clinic and very clean. I love the music that is played overhead; very calming. I hate when clinics play elevator music. I love how you exit out the back so you do not have to walk back through waiting room. there were a few times that I left there upset, and it was nice to not have to exit through everyone.
Dr. Hines and his staff are wonderful. They are always available for any questions/concerns. I felt as though they really cared for me. They were sad with me during the times that a transfer did not result in pregnancy, and they rejoiced with me when I did get pregnant! They are my family!
Dr. Hines is wonderful. He always made sure that I understood what was going on. He explained my treatment plan(s) with me face to face, made sure I received a paper copy of the plan before I left the clinic, and messaged me the plan on the Patient Portal website. His calm demeanor always put me at ease during my visits. I am forever grateful for everything he has done for my family!
Do not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Hines is great about explaining things.
Surgery to explore uterus, tubes, ovaries. Tubes were removed during this procedure. 1st IVF cycle 2014 meds: ASA, estrace, ganurelix, progesterone oil, Folistim, menopur, HCG trigger. mult ultrasounds to measure follicles. Collected about 12 during retrieval. After 5 days there were 4 fertilized embryos that were biopsied for PGS for testing. Only 1 resulted as normal. transfer did not result in pregnancy. 2nd IVF cycle 2015: same meds as first but added synthroid. 6 eggs collected during retrieval. 2 fertilized embryos biopsied for PGS testing. Both resulted as abnormal. then by some miracle, Dr. Hines retested the 1 and it came back as normal. transfer resulted in pregnancy and live birth of baby girl 10/12/16. 3rd IVF cycle 2018: same meds. 9 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized embryos biopsied for PGS, 1 resulted normal. Froze embryo for later transplant (almost 1 year). added estrogen patch and Vitamin D to transfer meds. transfer did not result in pregnancy. I had mult lab tests & ultrasounds throughout all of the cycles. I had SHG done a couple of times. That is all I can remember.
If you paid a certain percentage upfront, you received a discount off total price. I also received an additional 10% discount with each IVF cycle. That helped out a lot since we did 3 IVG cycles, so my 3rd was 30% off. Most of the meds were from out of state pharmacy. I remember paying over $5000 for meds each time.
This was never an issue for me because I only had 1 to transfer.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The nursing stuff at MRM was absolutely amazing , I could not have asked for better.... The only weakness I could think the clinic has is I feel like the clinic could possibly improve on their time management but overall their strengths are that the clinic and the employees are phenomenal at what they do, they are very helpful, informative, and very kind.... Roughly out of pocket I have paid around $4000
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Every time I become discouraged he assures me everything will be fine no matter the out come out of my fertility road.
Dr. Hines has been very helpful and very kind to my husband and myself. I didn’t really know how to take him at first he was a little intimidating. But after seeing him a few times I learned his nature and he was very informative and let us know everything that was going on every step of the way.
Give him a chance to get to know you and know your case before making a judgement about him.
I was on clomid through my OB for 18 months before being referred to Dr. Hines, after seeing Dr. Hines we started my on Lertrozole (25mg) and it was effective for several months. Until my progesterone started to decrease so they upped my dosage to 50mg and which I still remain on with no luck at a positive pregnancy test. I have done 2 IUI’s, neither successful. I have had an OAR which had great results but we still have no explaination as why nothing is working.
Roughly out of pocket I have paid around $4000, not including treatments, medications, and surgery cost through my OB doctor.
Flowood

The clinic is very clean and organized. One recommendation I have is to add something for children to play with, as I have one child that has to go with me appointment and there’s nothing to occupy her.... The nurses are so friendly and caring. After any negative outcome they are very caring about every situation. They are respectful of patients feelings and answer every question one may have.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines has a great bedside manner. Even at my young age, he made me feel safe and secure in his care without judgement.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines is a very intelligent and caring man. He helped me conceive my little girl and is currently helping me try to conceive again. He is very kind and caring. The only weakness is every now and then there would be situations where I was not fully explained what was going on, but every time things have been cleared up for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Hines and his staff.
Listen to the things they tell you to do. Learn to live in this “phase”, but most importantly NEVER give up!
My first pregnancy, I was on letrozole for 4 cycles before conceiving my little girl. Currently, I am 8 cycles in but have not conceived yet. I have been on clomid and dexamethasone but this cycle will be trying letrozole and dexamethasone with IUI.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Hines and his staff [Mississippi Repro Med] were very personable and treated us like family. Very help in answering any questions we had at any time!...Communication, compassion, knowledge, patience, helpful, understanding, professional and caring are all strengths that describe the entire clinic and staff! I highly recommend this clinic to any new patient.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines and his staff were very personable and treated us like family. Very help in answering any questions we had at any time!
The nursing staff welcomed us like family and showed so much passion and care.
Although being an infertility patient is very scary, Dr. Hines and his staff made the entire process better. Very friendly staff that took us in as family. Always felt welcomed and loved. Dr. Hines was always very patient with questions and concerns and gave us his full attention every visit. Wonderful!
Do not waste anymore time and go see Dr. Hines!
I do not remember exactly what medicines were taken or protocol for my procedures.
I do not remember exact cost nor do I want to know. I do know that Fertility treatment is expensive and there is no help with fertility through insurance. Thousands of dollars spent!
My husband and I trusted in Dr. Hines and did a single embryo transfer and it was successful! Due to the grading and medical history we agreed with Dr. Hines on doing a single embryo transfer.

PCOS, Other
Overall it [MS Repro Med] is a great clinic! I had an issue with the finance dept early on and it discouraged me so much! After my incident, i never had to work with this employee again and it made my experience so much better... I can’t say anything bad about the nursing staff. They were always available to answer any questions i had and if they didn’t have the answer, they spoke with the doctor and got back with me in a timely manner. I love them all!
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Overall it is a great clinic! I had an issue with the finance dept early on and it discouraged me so much! After my incident, i never had to work with this employee again and it made my experience so much better
Dr Hines and staff were very thorough with my treatment plan and answered any questions i had. He has always been honest and upfront with my husband and i
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Tino )
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Hines always took his time and explained everything to me. He let me know if he didn’t think something would be a good idea but he never tried to change my mind or force anything on me. I never felt confused or like a number.
If you’re not looking for honesty, he’s not the doctor for you.
One instance that sticks out to me is the laparoscopy procedure, i went into it believing that my tubes would be taken because he thought they were blocked. He assured me that he wouldn’t take them if they were normal. Long story short, i had uterine polyps that he removed! No one had ever found this problem before
Flowood

They [MS Repro Med] are very down to earth people who listen to your concerns. They are there for you good and bad times! Very sweet and understanding! The nurses explain everything very clearly! They are knowledgeable in everything and know different ways to explain it!... [nurse] was very sweet! She has always answered my questions in a very timely manner! She’s been very helpful through out the treatments.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
None! I love them! They are very down to earth people who listen to your concerns. They are there for you good and bad times! Very sweet and understanding! The nurses explain everything very clearly! They are knowledgeable in everything and know different ways to explain it!
He was very straight forward and listened to all of my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: S. Smith)
She was very sweet! She has always answered my questions in a very timely manner! She’s been very helpful through out the treatments.
He was very compassionate. He listened to all of my concerns and everything I went through. He explained every option we had and answered all questions I asked. He was very thorough with his instructions and explanations.
Be very straight forward and ask any question!
So far he has treated me with Letrizole. 2.5 mg did not work so we increased to 5 mg. This did work and I’m on my second cycle with it:
The associate was very friendly! She was very knowledgeable and able to inform us of everything related to the cost of the visit!
Flowood

At the beginning of cycle, I would write in on their [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine's] portal (which was not personal at all) then they would respond with a time to come in for ultrasound. Dosage amounts did not seem appropriate because I would only take one letrozole for three days...The nursing staff was ever changing. Seemed like high turnover. Couldn’t really connect to anyone...Clinic was nice and very concerned with patient privacy which was a plus. Clinic was always clean and looked organized. Staff was not very personal. The wait time after getting in a room was long even when there wasn’t many patients waiting.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hines was not very personal. He was a great doctor but didn’t treat me like a human.
Dr. Hines is a good doctor, very knowledgeable but he did not seem to connect with patients on a personal level. I seemed to just another number to him. My experience as a patient seemed to be just another patient and a way to get money.
At the beginning of cycle, I would write in on their portal (which was not personal at all) then they would respond with a time to come in for ultrasound. Dosage amounts did not seem appropriate because I would only take one letrozole for three days. Then ultrasound would only show one egg. Now that I have been seeing a new doctor and dosage amounts have increased and so have eggs I realized that Dr. Hines was not doing the most possible to increase the chance of pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I haven't seen any weakness thus far [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine]. Every staff member is so compassionate...She [nurse] is very friendly always compassionate and willing to answer any questions...So Far on IUI around 3 thousand...Dr. Hines has made may experience the best. He always takes time with me. He explains every detail to me. I never have a long wait time. When I see him. He takes time to answer and questions that I may have.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
I haven't seen any weakness thus far. Every staff member is so compassionate.
Dr. Hines and his staff go above and beyond for his patient.
She is very friendly always compassionate and willing to answer any questions.
Dr. Hines has made may experience the best. He always takes time with me. He explains every detail to me. I never have a long wait time. When I see him. He takes time to answer and questions that I may have. I know multiple patients of DR. Hines who have had a successful pregnancy weather it be through just medication, IUI or IVF.
Write down all your question prior to appointment. Cause at appointment time you will not remember.
First IUI Clomid 150mg day three thur 9 of cycle. Dex 2mg day 3-12 of cycle, prenatal vitamin daily, Trigger shot two days before IUI. Second IUI Clomid 150mg 3-9 of cycle, Dex day 3-12 of cycle, ASA 81 mg daily, prenatal vitamin daly, trigger shot two days before IUI and estrace 2mg one tab vaginally daily after IUI.
So Far on IUI around 3 thousand.
Flowood

The clock I [clinic-- Mississippi Reproductive Med] was very nice and organize. They got me in the back really quickly and worked with me on payments. Everyone always greeted us with a smile. Always ask how we were doing. Just all around nice.The clinic didn’t have any weaknesses to me.... [a nurse was] Very sweet and nice.Everytime I emailed her she emailed me back in reasonable time. She showed compassion about our situation. She always had a beautiful smile on her face
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clock I was very nice and organize. They got me in the back really quickly and worked with me on payments. Everyone always greeted us with a smile. Always ask how we were doing. Just all around nice.The clinic didn’t have any weaknesses to me.
Dr. Hines was really nice. He was blunt, but he showed concern and care. He filled out paper work for me when I was trying to get IVF grants. Him and my gynecologist worked great together
His strength is he is very confident in his job. I don’t think he has any weaknesses. I really felt as if he cared about my situation. He answered every question my husband and I had. He explained everything in great detail.
Do a drawing once or twice a year to give a free IVF cycle
After taking chlomid, Dr hinds took an X-ray if my eggs and ovaries. He made sure my eggs were in good shape and he told me if I was to do the IVF, I had a great chance of getting pregnant
I paid a fee every time I saw Dr. Hines.’y insurance paid as well. I don’t remember the total cost overall

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
We have tried Letrozole, clomid, metformin and vitamins [at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] nothing has helped me get pregnant yet...Susan was the main nurse I spoke with on a daily basis she listens to everything I need even when I'm completely aggravated about not being pregnant...I am not sure of any weaknesses they are absolutely the best. They always make you feel like you are part of their family. They take everything in to consideration and make a day by day plan for you every cycle
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
He sat down with me one on one and helped me understand my options. Not just trying to get me to go the most expensive route
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
He made me feel like he actually understood and cared about my situation. I explained everything that I had tries before with no results, and how my last doctor only cared about money. Dr. Hines assured me he cared about getting me pregnant and having a healthy child
Get ready for a lot of information he will explain everything
We have tried Letrozole, clomid, metformin and vitamins nothing has helped me get pregnant yet but I do have a cycle everyonth now.
Flowood

Communication with the clinic [MS Repro Med] is easy. You contact them through their patient portal and they respond same day. They are very accommodating of your work schedules. My husband works over an hour away from home. They coordinate our treatment based on our convenience....IUI costs were about $850 total. Ultrasounds and office visits ran about $350.... The staff are caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Communication with the clinic is easy. You contact them through their patient portal and they respond same day. They are very accommodating of your work schedules. My husband works over an hour away from home. They coordinate our treatment based on our convenience.
Dr. Hines and all of the staff at his office made me feel like they care about helping us.
The staff are caring and compassionate.
Dr. Hines has a calm but confident demeanor which is comforting to me as a patient. The struggle of infertility is emotional. Dr. Hines and his team provide the information we need to know about for what’s next and the encouragement that they will do everything possible to help us.
Be patient through the process and trust him.
Clomid with timed intercourse, Clomid with trigger shot and IUI
IUI costs were about $850 total. Ultrasounds and office visits ran about $350.

2015 - 2019
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Each employee (ranging from receptionist to doctor) greeted me, knew my name and were encouraging throughout the entire process... They [Mississippi Repro Med] are extremely knowledgeable and stay abreast to the latest research as well as the time proven treatments. They are effective communicators and are quick to answer questions. They are compassionate people and great cheerleaders.
2015 - 2019
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
They are extremely knowledgeable and stay abreast to the latest research as well as the time proven treatments. They are effective communicators and are quick to answer questions. They are compassionate people and great cheerleaders. They are excited about your victories but not surprised bc they are effective at their jobs and are use to wins!
Dr. Hines is extremely passionate about what he does and sees each patient and obstacle as a challenge to overcome. He sees each person and their struggles and is compassionate as well as extremely competent.
Don’t get discouraged by having to wait (for a better cycle, for a better time frame, etc). They have your best interest at heart and are will to take their time in your treatment to produce the best possible outcome. When it’s time for action, they will be right there with you to maximize every opportunity.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine was] Absolutely wonderful...Clinic is organized, comfortable and clean. They typically get you in and out pretty quickly. They are always open to answering any questions you have on billing. I would recommend this clinic to anyone...There were some instances that I was in the exam room and the doctor was not sure what we were doing that day... as in, the file had not been read. I felt as if I was just being rushed around.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Absolutely wonderful
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hines is brilliant. He explains things on a doctor level, not a patient level. Things were hard to understand. I think he is a great doctor, but when we could not seek the treatment he was pushing for, he just forgot about us. Gave us no other realistic options.
Make sure you have him break things down for you.
everything is OOP. Typical costs for copay.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The staff [MS Repro Med] were friendly. The facility was quiet & clean....Had very little contact with the nurse. However, when getting my vitals at the beginning of each visit she was friendly...Our initial consult cost almost $400 for a 30 min. consult where the doctor touched neither of us. When I went in for an ovarian reserve assessment, I was placed in an exam room afterwards & Dr. Hines stuck his head in the room to tell me they would call me when they got the results. This enables them to charge me an additional $200 for a physician visit.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The staff were friendly. The facility was quiet & clean.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
We received devestating results about our fertility and Dr. Hines treated it as if it were no big deal. He showed no compassion when telling us that the only way for us to have a child would be with donor sperm and/or donor eggs.
He is knowledgeable and explains things well but don't expect any compassion if your odds are not good of conceiving.
My insurance does not cover the treatment of infertility; therefore, everything was out of pocket. Our initial consult cost almost $400 for a 30 min. consult where the doctor touched neither of us. When I went in for an ovarian reserve assessment, I was placed in an exam room afterwards & Dr. Hines stuck his head in the room to tell me they would call me when they got the results. This enables them to charge me an additional $200 for a physician visit.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [MRM] overall was great. The billing department was a little unorganized. I would get bills that my insurance should have gotten and I would have to call and remind them to file my insurance first!... They [nurses] were the best! They hugged me and we became friends when I came! They were so happy to finally see that we were pregnant. The portal was my best friend as they were so quick to respond to my million questions!
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall was great. The billing department was a little unorganized. I would get bills that my insurance should have gotten and I would have to call and remind them to file my insurance first!
I felt as I was the only patient he had! I was always amazed at how little I had to wait and how friendly the staff was. They were always so kind and through.
They were the best! They hugged me and we became friends when I came! They were so happy to finally see that we were pregnant. The portal was my best friend as they were so quick to respond to my million questions!
He is so wonderful. He listened to what I wanted and in my time frame. He then told me what was possible and we met in the middle. He was very easy to reach and treated me as I was his only patient. Each time I went to the clinic I saw him, not other doctors. He always cared what was in our best interest. If I did not understand something he made sure to explain it so that I understood.
Be ready to have success.
Flowood

Great!! Treat you like a person not a number! They [MS Repro Med] don't overbook, never had to wait long for an appointment, staff always treated me with compassion and understanding. They treat you like part of their family while you're trying to expand your own family! Could not ask for a better clinic!... I loved Dr. Hines, nurses, and the clinic. Clear objectives were set, a complete guideline of appointments, procedures, and calendars provided.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Great!! Treat you like a person not a number! They don't overbook, never had to wait long for an appointment, staff always treated me with compassion and understanding. They treat you like part of their family while you're trying to expand your own family! Could not ask for a better clinic!
Dr. Hines and his staff always kept me informed about everything I needed to know, answered emails and returned calls. They were caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Marty Gebhart, DNP, NP)
Amazing! They are invested in their patients!!
I loved Dr. Hines, nurses, and the clinic. Clear objectives were set, a complete guideline of appointments, procedures, and calendars provided. Very responsive to questions, concerns, either by portal or phone calls. Could not have asked for better care while at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine. I highly recommend Dr. Hines
Trust the process, you are in good hands with Dr. Hines
All procedures and appointments
Flowood

The clinic [MS Repro Med] is wonderful. There is rarely anyone else in the office at the same time as me. I never have to wait. The staff is attentive and happy to help....Melissa is the best! She replies to messages almost instantly. She always sends me a list of my meds so I know exactly what to take when....Dr. Hines is personable. He kept reminding me that there are multiple options that we can pursue...He welcomes questions and answers them in a way that I can completely understand.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is wonderful. There is rarely anyone else in the office at the same time as me. I never have to wait. The staff is attentive and happy to help.
Dr. Hines is personable. He kept reminding me that there are multiple options that we can pursue, and for me not to give up because I was in the prime time to conceive. He welcomes questions and answers them in a way that I can completely understand.
Schedule asap!
We began with fertility drugs. We changed my meds to see if we could regulate my cycle which worked. After 3 months of not conceiving on mediciation, we began the iui. Everything was given time to process and a chance to work before we ruled it unsuccessful.
My insurance didn't cover any of the costs. They were happy to work with me when needed.
I am unsure of this procedure.
Flowood

The entire office staff [Mississippi Repro Med] was always great to work with from the moment you walked in the door. Always encouraging and made sure to explain all the processes to me and made me very reassured as a patient.... Everyone always made me feel as though they were truly concerned for my worries or needs, always smiling and kind... Dr Hines was very honest about where I stood as far as freezing my eggs.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The entire office staff was always great to work with from the moment you walked in the door. Always encouraging and made sure to explain all the processes to me and made me very reassured as a patient.
Everyone in his office was always welcoming and kind
Dr Hines was very honest about where I stood as far as freezing my eggs. He was honest and straightforward with me so that there was no confusion on the process. I wish I would have had the funds to actually continue with the preservation of my eggs because I would not have hesitated to use him to do so...
His personality is very level all the time so don’t let that make you feel more anxious

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Clinic [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] is great for basic cases. They don't see a huge caseload so I don't feel they have the experience for really tough and unsual cases...We had an ok experience with this clinic. We know so many people who have had great success. We felt like we had not been prepared for the outcome we received (all abnormal embryos) prior to our round of treatment. Hindsite is always 20/20 but we now wish our cyxoe had been handled different and we had a better set of expectations. Doctor, nurses and staff were all amazing we just have a tough case!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is great for basic cases. They don't see a huge caseload so I don't feel they have the experience for really tough and unsual cases.
Really took time to know me and my case. Always remembered lots of details about my situation. Felt very personal.
No complaints at all about hr nursing staff. They were amazing to work with!
What specific things went wrong at Mississippi Reproductive Medicine?
Ask lots of questions and do your own research.
Birth control suppression for 2 months. 150units menopur, 150 units follistim. Did not respond well. Cycle probably should have been canceled but wasn't. Feel now it was due to such a long suppression.
Flowood

I haven’t had too many interactions [with the nurses at MRM] but when I was doing blood work for my 21 day progesterone the nurse was nice and when she was having a time finding a good vein she was able to make that decision to let someone else try ...Their strengths are that they respond fairly quickly to messages on the online portal but at the same time some people may want to communicate via phone . The clinic itself is a nice facility. A new patient would need to be aware that they will have to pay a lot of out of pocket expenses because insurance may not cover certain things.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
He actually sat down with my husband and I and talked to us . And was honest about how he couldn’t explain why some women can get pregnant and others can’t .
I haven’t had too many interactions but when I was doing blood work for my 21 day progesterone the nurse was nice and when she was having a time finding a good vein she was able to make that decision to let someone else try .
He seems to be proactive about giving options when it comes to having a baby but doesn’t put pressure on you to make decisions quickly. My first appointment with him was a consultation where he talked to me and my husband about the options that were available to us . He stated we can go as fast as you want or slow , I’m not here to pressure you . I was 34 at the time and he said you still have time which made me feel a little better because I know the clock is ticking. He discussed the HSG procedure which I was not familiar with before then and after a year I decided to get it done , which I’m glad I did . I discovered my tubes were blocked and had no idea , even though I had been taking rounds of Clomid & Letrozole. So in that instance after having that done I now know that IVF is a real possibility for me , I’m glad to know now instead of trying for more years .
To be prepared of the financial cost associated with infertility and that you may have to constantly change and try new things to achieve a pregnancy .
He had me on one round of low dosage of letrolzole day 3-7 of my cycle and day 21 I had to do blood work to check my progesterone levels to see if I ovulation. It was determined that my levels looked good after the blood work came back .
Flowood

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [MS Repro Med] is very clean and well organized. Everyone is amazing! I have referred many of my friends to them just because I like how things are ran. Wait times are not very long and everyone takes the appropriate time needed with patients... Everyone has been extremely helpful and very well at communicating with me on what was needed . They always call me back with any questions or concerns I may have
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and well organized. Everyone is amazing! I have referred many of my friends to them just because I like how things are ran. Wait times are not very long and everyone takes the appropriate time needed with patients
He and staff was very helpful and compassionate. They have taken every measure possible to help me in anyway possible.
I couldn't be more pleased with a Dr he made me feel very comfortable and explained everything to me in detail. He has a way of making you feel like there is always hope. He spent much needed time answering any and all questions I've had and never let me leave feeling like I didnt know what the plan was.
Make sure to tell him everything you have going on so he can get a understanding for what treatment you need
When I started seeing him I was told what was needed to be det6the beat treatment for me. He first started by checking hormone levels and other things . After that he than suggested we check for blocked tubes after than is when he suggested I start ivf
The costs are I guess you could say normal for what time of dr he is. Fertility isn't a cheap fix

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinics [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] has a wonderful staff an make everyone feel welcome an taken care of. You will not be dissatisfied with your visit. They get you in the back to be seen as quickly as they can which usually is very quick. When your feeling uncomfortable the ladies do everything they can to make you feel better. I absolutely love the staff at me reproductive clinic.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics has a wonderful staff an make everyone feel welcome an taken care of. You will not be dissatisfied with your visit. They get you in the back to be seen as quickly as they can which usually is very quick. When your feeling uncomfortable the ladies do everything they can to make you feel better. I absolutely love the staff at me reproductive clinic.
Dr Hines took the time to make sure I understood everything he was explaining to me. He is a very kind dr an his staff make his office such a welcoming place.
The nursing staff are wonderful compassionate woman.
Dr Hines is a great dr he is very caring an understanding to what your body is putting you threw. Haven’t met very many doctors that are as caring as he is. I’m very grateful for dr Hines giving me hope.
If you don’t understand something ask, because dr Hines doesn’t mind making sure you know everything about what’s going to happen.
With my insurance it doesn’t pay much towards my treatments with his office. Sometimes it could cost me 300 a visit depending on what goes on with that visit. I can be very financially overwhelming for me an my family.
Flowood

Clinic [Mississippi Reproductive Medicine] is very nice, clean, well kept, and inviting place to go to. Good size rooms, I like that they do everything there in the clinic including labs. Very nice waiting area with comfortable chairs. Short waiting times. Not overly booked...Nurse Sarah Tino was awesome, so compassionate and understanding of one's individual needs...The cost was fairly reasonable, they just need a financing option...The cost was fairly reasonable, they just need a financing option.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is very nice, clean, well kept, and inviting place to go to. Good size rooms, I like that they do everything there in the clinic including labs. Very nice waiting area with comfortable chairs. Short waiting times. Not overly booked.
I was always listened to and felt like I could discuss my issues freely with the doctor and he would listen and understand.
Dr Hines always came in with a smile, when things didn't go as planned he would find a solution. With every failed iui and every cancelled ivf he would sit there and let me talk or cry and not rush me.
Dr Hines is an excellent doctor that listens to your concerns.
When I had a failed ivf Dr Hines sat us down and explained what went wrong and how we need to move forward and make adjustments for the next time around
The cost was fairly reasonable, they just need a financing option.
They did explain the pros of having a single embryo transferred.
Flowood

The clinic [MS Repro Med] is a nice place. Easy to find the office. Just right off the elevator on the second floor. So not hard to find to get too. So neat and clean and very friendly environment. Very spacious doctor office.... Great group of nurses. Very helpful!... I have not been a patient of his but since February 2019 and I am very satisfied with the way he [Dr. Hines] has handle and explained my problems. He is truly a super nice guy and just so humble.
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a nice place. Easy to find the office. Just right off the elevator on the second floor. So not hard to find to get too. So neat and clean and very friendly environment. Very spacious doctor office.
I have not been a patient of his but since February 2019 and I am very satisfied with the way he has handle and explained my problems. He is truly a super nice guy and just so humble.
Great group of nurses. Very helpful!
Well I have only been his patient for a short period of time. But my husband and I experience with him has been great. Wonderful Doctor! He takes time and sits down with you and explains everything about your situation. And does not rush you at all.
I heard he was a fantastic doctor from my OBGYN and he defiantly holds up to what i was told. Would recommend him to anybody that is having infertility problems.
Flowood

They [Mississippi Repro Med] are very helpful and compassionate. There was a lady in billing who could have been nicer but other than that, it was a wonderful experience. Ask them questions even if you think it’s a crazy question because they will answer you the best way they know how. They were always very welcoming and accommodating.... They were very kind and compassionate. I loved working with Paris!
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful and compassionate. There was a lady in billing who could have been nicer but other than that, it was a wonderful experience. Ask them questions even if you think it’s a crazy question because they will answer you the best way they know how. They were always very welcoming and accommodating.
They were very kind and compassionate. I loved working with Paris!
I loved his office and nurses. He did a great job! He was very thorough and talked in depth about the procedure and what his plan was. I would go back if my insurance covered infertility treatments. We have had 2 unplanned pregnancies that resulted in miscarriages so I would love to be able to go back to Dr Hines.
He and his staff will help you along this journey in every way that they can!
2016 - 2019
The tests and appointments are worth it, but expensive. They [MS Repro Med] give price lists for everything but it can go beyond that depending on your needs. They are great about appointments. The entire staff is dedicated to helping you achieve pregnancy.... He [Dr. Hines] made us feel comfortable, saw us quickly, and respected our need for understanding and anxiety over the process.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Mississippi Reproductive Medicine.
Save money! The tests and appointments are worth it, but expensive. They give price lists for everything but it can go beyond that depending on your needs. They are great about appointments. The entire staff is dedicated to helping you achieve pregnancy.
He was kind, saw me with urgency, honest, and still very factual.
We tried for seven years and were very hesitant to see an RE. He made us feel comfortable, saw us quickly, and respected our need for understanding and anxiety over the process. He was professional, kind, and compassionate.
Trust him. He knows what he is doing.
PGS to help ivf success. Lupron, ganirrelix, and progesterone.
$20,000 for ivf
We only had one normal embryo after the PGS testing so we couldn’t do multiple transfer.