Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
500 N. Keene Street
Columbia, MO 65201
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility to a friend?

7.1

9.7

3 doctors
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
For the first transfer Dr. Zarek was pretty set on doing one embryo. When that transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy I asked about doing two embryos for the second transfer and she was agreeable to that plan... She is personable, caring, supportive, and upbeat. She gave me her personal cell phone number so I could text her any time I needed to - and always responded quickly! I even had to text her close to 10 pm one night due to some bleeding and she responded right away and helped calm my fears. She is without a doubt the best doctor of any kind I've ever had.
The clinic staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] (front desk staff, ultrasound technicians, everyone) are all very friendly and compassionate. They all knew me by name and felt like friends taking care of me. The only area to be improved would be the finance department as they don't do a great job itemizing exact costs...always knew me and my husband by name and remembered parts of our life outside of fertility. I truly feel like we've built a friendship with everyone there.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Zarek has been fantastic. I switched from a different doctor and I'm so glad I did. She is personable, caring, supportive, and upbeat. She gave me her personal cell phone number so I could text her any time I needed to - and always responded quickly! I even had to text her close to 10 pm one night due to some bleeding and she responded right away and helped calm my fears. She is without a doubt the best doctor of any kind I've ever had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
If you're thinking about it, go for it! She's amazing and you won't be disappointed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Zarek and the entire staff at the clinic always knew me and my husband by name and remembered parts of our life outside of fertility. I truly feel like we've built a friendship with everyone there.
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember exact details but the injectable medications I used during my egg retrieval cycle were Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. Then during frozen embryo transfers I used Lupron to prevent ovulation, estrogen (pills, patches, and injections) to build my lining, and of course progesterone starting 5 days before transfer.
I had two different coordinators during my time with this clinic. The first was very organized and thorough. The second was less organized but both were very friendly.
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
The clinic staff (front desk staff, ultrasound technicians, everyone) are all very friendly and compassionate. They all knew me by name and felt like friends taking care of me. The only area to be improved would be the finance department as they don't do a great job itemizing exact costs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We paid for a package that included all ultrasound monitoring, egg retrieval, and one embryo transfer that cost $8,000 (in April 2019, I believe this has since gone up in price) and my medications came to a total of about $3,600.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

Dr. Zarek went above and beyond anything we could have asked for throughout the process. We had a direct number in which she encouraged us to reach out with any questions and also took time to reach out to us as well...took fantastic care of us...so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor...I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husbands sperm was great. I had and abundance of eggs since I do not have a cycle/ovulate on my own. She put me on femara I think I started at 5 mg. The first iui failed. Then the second round of meds my body didn't respond so my dosage was upped to 7.5. After the 2nd failed iui I had a cyst show up with had to be drained. Mh 3rd iui cycle was our lucky cycle! Nurse
Every person I met throughout this process [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits...She [nurse] was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
Dr. Zarek took fantastic care of us. She reached out to us personally through the achievements and setbacks. We were so blessed to have someone so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
She works to learn about you and your wants as a couple. She really goes above and beyond to know her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
We had Jill for majority of our time there. She was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
Every person I met throughout this process was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits
We froze my husbands sperm since he had good sperm. So I think it was only $20 to unthaw and wash for an iui. Each ultrasound was $370. The ovidrel shot was $100 and I want to say the actual iui was around $385

PCOS, Other
Dr. Zarek really takes the time to explain everything—the procedures, the diagnosis, the process. She made sure that we can reach her at any time—she literally gave us her personal cell #. And also: you can really tell that she actually cares. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a doctor that is this personal! I was nervous going into this journey, but Dr. Zarek really put us at ease!... Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic [MO Ctr for Repro Med & Fertility] is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others....The nursing staff is great. They call to communicate anything that needs communicating, and are kind and compassionate in their care!... We have just begun, but when speaking about the costs, it seemed like the costs were around average.
PCOS, Other
I have had a great experience with Dr. Zarek. 1. She is very knowledgeable—and is truly an educator at heart. She is great at explaining everything in a way that is easy to understand without making you feel stupid. 2. Honest and compassionate —she is very frank, but compassionate about what is going on and I really appreciate that. 3. Personal—I have never had a doctor who is as invested in me as Dr. Zarek. When she gave us her cell # at our first appointment, I was BLOWN AWAY.
If you haven’t set up an appointment...just do it! Dr. Zarek is the best!
We are still in the testing phase.
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others.
Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk for the health of mom and babies—and transferring multiple only increases your chances by a little bit, statistically. This also gives you the opportunity to save extra embryos for another transfer if the first doesn’t take. We haven’t gotten to that point in treatment, but I tend to agree with her rationale.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Zarek was willing to speak with us candidly about IUI vs IVF and what might be in store for us with the different options. She was also willing to talk more in detail as we had different thoughts or wanted more information throughout the process. She made sure she was available for questions/urgent issues, which was comforting...We did IUI with sperm donor. Our first 3 cycles we did used letrozole to stimulate ovulation, Ovidrel to ovulate, and 2 weeks of progesterone (oral.) For the fourth, after discovering the Letrozole wasn't actually doing much, we did an unmedicated cycle with an Ovidrel shot to ovulate, 2 weeks of progesterone suppositories, and an Ovidrel shot a few days after the IUI to keep my body from trying to start my cycle over too early. This was the successful protocol.
The clinic staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were all amazing and so helpful and friendly. This is NOT one of those clinics where you go for the Dr but dread the other clinic staff. They were all great. The only "weakness" is that that despite saying on their website they are open until 5, they only seem to answer their phones until 4:30...Jill [nurse] was so helpful and willing to answer any questions...I appreciated Jill's bedside manner and willingness to talk...When I was graduating, I signed an ROI for my new OBGYN. When they called the day before my first appointment, they noted they hadn't received anything. So I printed out all my notes and brought them in.
Feel free to ask questions, even if you think they're stupid.
Dr. Zarek and her team were always available to answer questions and were willing to sit with me and my husband to answer questions or discuss treatment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill Karen)
Jill was so helpful and willing to answer any questions. I've had experiences in the past with clinics that have great doctors but nurses that are brusque or who act annoyed with your questions; this was NOT my experience at MU Health. I appreciated Jill's bedside manner and willingness to talk.
The clinic staff were all amazing and so helpful and friendly. This is NOT one of those clinics where you go for the Dr but dread the other clinic staff. They were all great. The only "weakness" is that that despite saying on their website they are open until 5, they only seem to answer their phones until 4:30.
I can't remember specifically - I think it was about 375 for the ovulation ultrasounds (although my insurance changed at the end to pay for that) and about 375 for the IUI. We also had to pay for donor sperm but that isn't related to the clinic. I think Ovidrel was 125. The letrozole and progesterone were covered by my insurance.
We didn't get to the point of discussing it in depth, but in contrast to my previous RE clinic, it appears MU Health doesn't do PGS testing and is more comfortable with multiple transfers. I have no knowledge or opinion on which approach is "better" and this may not be a completely accurate representation of MU Health's approach as we never did IVF, only discussed it.
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
+ Read more- Read less

Due to prior treatments with our first doctor whom had retired, Dr. Zarek started right at IVF since we had no frozen embryos. We immediately did the genetic testing for both my husband and myself...We went through birth control followed by Lupron and then Follistim...Our IVF transfer did not work out and Dr. Zarek called to talk about what we could do next and when. We immediately started an FET cycle. At our baseline ultrasound, I had 2 cysts as a result from the IVF cycle. At that moment we decided to stop the cycle because we didn't want to go through another procedure to drain the cyst. We started another cycle for a November transfer which was successful.
We have had excellent dealings with the entire nursing staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility]. Jill was our nurse for the IVF cycle and Casey for the FET cycle. Both responded promptly on the patient portal. Casey even allowed us to text her which was beneficial after hours...IVF was around $8,000 for the procedure and ultrasounds. Medication was another $3,000-$4,000. Bloodwork was over $100 each time. FET was around $3,700...Christine was great about communicating prices and dealing with the hospital billing. The hospital billing sometimes didn't get our credits moved over and we would receive a bill. Christine always took care of it.
Dr. Zarek is up front about everything. Since we were returning patients (our previous doctor had retired) she started with what we had ended with previously. We didn't have to go through the whole gamut of testing and procedures to get to the IVF point. She told us the plan and that's what we did. Dr. Zarek was always available and open to communication through texting. It was nice to have that line of communication since some questions/situations were more important than others. She always responded promptly. Dr. Zarek is continuously checking on me to see how I'm doing whether it was during the IVF or FET cycles and now pregnancy.
I would tell any patient to not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Zarek was always open to what we asked and always had an answer.
Dr. Zarek was amazing to work with and always spoke to my husband and I as peers. She never spoke down to us and was always positive. She respected us and our wishes.
Due to prior treatments with our first doctor whom had retired, Dr. Zarek started right at IVF since we had no frozen embryos. We immediately did the genetic testing for both my husband and myself. Luckily we had our first visit with Dr. Zarek before an IVF cycle and started immediately. We went through birth control followed by Lupron and then Follistim. We had ultrasounds and bloodwork to monitor embryo development. Before the retrieval, the HCG injection was administered. The embryologist called with the fertilization rate after the first day and I believe 3rd day. Our IVF transfer did not work out and Dr. Zarek called to talk about what we could do next and when. We immediately started an FET cycle. At our baseline ultrasound, I had 2 cysts as a result from the IVF cycle. At that moment we decided to stop the cycle because we didn't want to go through another procedure to drain the cyst. We started another cycle for a November transfer which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill and Casey)
We have had excellent dealings with the entire nursing staff. Jill was our nurse for the IVF cycle and Casey for the FET cycle. Both responded promptly on the patient portal. Casey even allowed us to text her which was beneficial after hours.
We had a great experience. The only downfall was pur insurance covered nothing. Christine was great about communicating prices and dealing with the hospital billing. The hospital billing sometimes didn't get our credits moved over and we would receive a bill. Christine always took care of it.
IVF was around $8,000 for the procedure and ultrasounds. Medication was another $3,000-$4,000. Bloodwork was over $100 each time. FET was around $3,700. The medication was around $1,000 and that includes through the first trimester. Bloodwork was again over $100 per time.
Dr. Zarek recommended to only transfer one embryo, which is what we wanted, but was not against transferring two if that is what we had wanted.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Keller-Tracy] was very friendly and upbeat. Great bedside manner. She took the time to explain everything and answered all of our questions. She even came in on her day off to do my SIS. So far everything has been going well. She set out a good plan of action and was honest with us regarding chances and about our infertility diagnosis...We have mild male factor.
[U of Missouri] Got me scheduled in quickly for our first appointment. Very accommodating and willing to squeeze you in. Not great at explaining my specific insurance claims and what they’re for. Friendly. My husband did complain that when he was giving his sample he could hear everyone laughing and being noisy.
How was your experience with Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
She was very friendly and upbeat. Great bedside manner. She took the time to explain everything and answered all of our questions. She even came in on her day off to do my SIS. So far everything has been going well. She set out a good plan of action and was honest with us regarding chances and about our infertility diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
She explained everything thoroughly but in a way we understood. She was empathetic with our struggle but hopeful for us to get pregnant.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Keller-Tracy used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
We have mild male factor. She recommended 4-6 cycles of IUI, before reevaluating and going to IVF. She said she was very hopeful and that we had really good chances of conceiving within those cycles. My current protocol is 5mg Letrozle CD3-7. I’m currently in my first cycle, 2 days from when period is due. I did not use a trigger shot as she had me confirm ovulation at home using digital OPKs. I was supposed to come in on CD12 for a follicle scan but I got a positive OPK CD9 and had IUI on CD11. I think next cycle I may want to opt for the trigger as testing at home is stressful. No positive HPT yet but will start next cycle with same plan if not successful.
Very nice and experienced
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Testing alone up until infertility diagnosis was $1,400 after insurance. IUI procedure still in processing with insurance. Letrozole prescription was $3 after insurance.
I wasn’t told to take a pregnancy test before my SIS so I had to take one at the office and was charged an excessive amount. I also was never informed to have an empty or full bladder for SIS and IUI until I got to my appointment. I should’ve been told ahead of time.
Rebecca Keller-Tracy
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I saw him[ Dr. Danny Schust] more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
There was a newer front desk person, Vanessa maybe, that didn't seem to have any answers whenever I called to check in [at MO Center for Reproductive Med]. Maybe that has since improved. I preferred to email the nurses directly. They have expanded their providers, which is great, due to the need for this medical experience in the area. They were usually very punctual and the clinic was clean and comfortable.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust got information back to me from lab results/pathology on days that I knew he wasn't even in his office. He spent over an hour with us at our consultation and helped me to understand every test we would be performing due to my recurrent pregnancy losses. He was kind and understanding and he had an answer to every question I had. I've read research papers of his and the man is extremely intelligent. It's pretty amazing to come across that type of intelligence along with a wonderful personality. I can't even imagine working in this field as the common (for good reason) anxiety from patients would be overwhelming to me. I truly hope that Dr. Schust is training doctors and residents in this field so his knowledge is shared and everyone can strive to be as good as he is. I only wish he could be my OB, too, as I was not ready to leave his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Go to him, you won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust was not only very intelligent and knew all of the most current research based evidence, but he spent so much time with us on our initial visit and I never felt rushed at any appointment. He drew diagrams, he answered all questions, and he even made it a point to help me feel less guilt over my miscarriages. His calm demeanor and bedside manner were top-notch and I felt like he had a true passion for his job.
Describe the protocols Danny Schust used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I saw him more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
Christy was awesome, very compassionate and a good communicator. Deanna was an amazing US tech.
There was a newer front desk person, Vanessa maybe, that didn't seem to have any answers whenever I called to check in. Maybe that has since improved. I preferred to email the nurses directly. They have expanded their providers, which is great, due to the need for this medical experience in the area. They were usually very punctual and the clinic was clean and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Costly for testing for RPL ($2000), but this was not a surprise to us.
Danny Schust
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful...Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time [at MCRM], Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange....here were a few routine business office matters that were pretty frustrating, including issues with insurance...The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful, even going so far as to say that with our numbers we were looking at at least one and maybe two live births. Needless to say, when I ended up with dramatically fewer eggs (10 not 20), embryos (2) and no live births, I was very disappointed/heartbroken and angry at myself for spending our life savings on something we were lead to believe was a pretty sure thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Take his enthusiasm for your chances of success with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, he is selling a very expensive service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We had specifically requested a later retrieval because my husband has had a demonstrably lower count/quality in the mornings. We had also discussed a Sunday retrieval with Dr. Aubuchon (we saw her for our pre-retrieval appointment instead of Dr. Ahlering because he was busy). After this appointment we were scheduled for the very first 7 am appointment on Saturday. When we called in to ask why and how to get this changed, we were basically told that they could not and would not change it - like it or lump it! - and that they had 70 other patients and were too busy to accommodate our needs... even if we had spent $10000+ in patients to MCRM specifically for the treatment.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I purchased the IVF Gold package. Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time, Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange. Overall, she did a good job before that and the decision to just squeeze us in was not hers. So, although we had a very heated exchange, overall she did an acceptable job.
Overall, MCRM is a marketing machine that is attempting to grow their clinic and attract new patients. They do offer relatively low prices and are interested in using newer technologies to improve success. I do think they believe they are doing good for people, however, it is hard to understand how any clinic can excuse charging such high prices to cash pay patients while giving huge discounts to insuranced patients (through their agreements with the insurance companies) but this is an industry-wide issue not specific to MCRM. Dr. Ahlering is knowledgable and wants a good outcome for his patients. Even so, they are actively building on to their facility with new construction, etc. The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
$10,000 for the Gold package with discounts $3500 for medication $2200 for PGS testing (we ultimately decided not to do this when we only had 2 embryos, we had been told we were likely to have 8+ when we started the process)
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We had two embryos and he was more than happy to transfer two embyros. From what I have heard, he is willing to transfer more embryos if that means a successful pregnancy, regardless of risk of multiples. The clinic seems to have a relatively high number of multiples.
Pretty much the things already described - changing decisions after consulting with us and not allowing us to be involved in those changes. There were a few routine business office matters that were pretty frustrating, including issues with insurance, but while frustrating they did not impact our treatment in the end.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The doctor performed an ultrasound to count my follicles and give me positive affirmations instead of a nurse. He took time to ask questions to make a personal connection and his staff was incredibly knowledgeable...
She [my nurse] was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Not getting to meet the doctor in person was difficult but we trusted him from his reputation. He seemed to care about us and was positive he could help us get pregnant. Once we met in person I was thrilled. He is ridiculously smart but so personal. He was funny and confident. He earned my respect within in 5 minutes and that help ease my stress and panic since this was my first time with IVF.
If you have the financial means go meet him in person first so that you can be at ease. Do your research on his clinic and ground breaking technology he has created. His staff will help you via phone and email.
My husband took the hcg shot twice and I was on Lupron to prevent ovulation. Prenatal vitamins had begun. Birth control was first step the first day I started my cycle again to control my cycle. Then follistim was used to start to grow the follicles. Menopur was taken twice to help with ovarian quality. Hgh was also take twice to help mature the eggs and of course the HCG trigger shot was given 72 hours prior to retrieval. When the doctor did my ultrasound he wanted the follicles to be bigger so he added two more days of follistim. I went to see if the follicles had grown and they had to the perfect range he wanted. He scheduled my egg retrieval on a Sunday. He wanted to wait for 5 day fresh transfer be said he felt like my egg reserve was good and it was our 1st attempt. We transferred two embryos which was a mutual agreement given my age of 33 years old. One embryo stuck and we are now 12 weeks pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
She was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
Nothing too fancy. It's in Chesterfield, MO. He could use a interior designer but unthinking hey are so busy making dreams come true to worry about decor
Around $15k from A to Z Due to our income we didn't qualify for any prescription discounts and our insurance paid zero.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle [with Dr. Ahlering]. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month...This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready...From the start he has made us feel like our best interest is his priority and he wants to help us. He has even called us after hours to set up our appointment.
MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts...MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts...Everyone on the staff has been kind in returning emails the same day and calling as needed as we don't live in Missouri.
This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready. The clinic is half of the past clinic we have worked with and their success rates are much higher. We are very hopeful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you give them all the k formation they need.
We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer A)
We haven't yet visited the clinic as we don't live in Missouri. Everything has been done remotely.

2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test[ing] until we had already failed a couple times.
The nurses [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were very helpful and caring and we're always willing to answer questions...The clinic never told use prices, and I always had to call about test results....The clinic not very good at going over insurance or cost.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We felt like if she had explain all our option and what was best we would have a baby. She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test until we had already failed a couple times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Don't go
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
The doctor always seemed rushed and we never felt like we got full and complete answers
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
She started me at a low does of clomid and I would track my cycle and then come in for an iui and after each failure I would get my clomid bumped up.
The nurses were very helpful and caring and we're always willing to answer questions
The clinic not very good at going over insurance or cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Each cycle was 500. Blood work if done at the hospital were very expensive so I went elsewhere
The clinic never told use prices, and I always had to call about test results.
Mira Aubuchon
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

2019 - 2020
Infertility is such an emotional stressful experience on its own, but I remember feeling so much better even after our first visit with her [Dr. Zarek]. She is a very positive person and reminded me of all of my options of care from the very beginning. I remember leaving her office and telling my husband I actually felt hopeful for once that we would end up pregnant. Communication is very prompt which is nice during fertility treatments. I would highly recommend her to anyone that I know who may be struggling with obtaining pregnancy.
The clinic [Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] from the receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound techs were wonderful. I never had to wait very long in the waiting room it seemed like. The receptionist were always good about working with me for appointments and would even move stuff around so it would work out for me...I did medication with injectables and timed intercourse X2. Letrozole 5mg on days 3-7 of my period followed up with a mid cycle scan around day 12-14. If i had any follicles that were of size I would inject myself with ovridrel. Five days after injection I would take progesterone twice daily for twelve days. I would then test after progesterone was complete or after I missed my period.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Zarek was all around one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. She seemed very excited and eager to help me which I valued because I knew she had other patients besides me. Infertility is such an emotional stressful experience on its own, but I remember feeling so much better even after our first visit with her. She is a very positive person and reminded me of all of my options of care from the very beginning. I remember leaving her office and telling my husband I actually felt hopeful for once that we would end up pregnant. Communication is very prompt which is nice during fertility treatments. I would highly recommend her to anyone that I know who may be struggling with obtaining pregnancy.
Don't be nervous. Get excited and have faith because she will do everything she can to help you.
Everyone from the receptionist to the whole care team always greeted me with a smile, and seemed as if they knew who I was.
Nursing staff was wonderful and very attentive. Communication was quick and effective. I never had a nurse unable to answer any of my questions. They were always kind and supportive.
The clinic from the receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound techs were wonderful. I never had to wait very long in the waiting room it seemed like. The receptionist were always good about working with me for appointments and would even move stuff around so it would work out for me.
Around $5,000. Insurance covered a lot more then I expected.

2019 - 2020
I felt like I could always contact Dr Zarek with any questions and concerns. She would also text to find out how I was feeling after certain fertility treatments or changes to medication. I greatly appreciated her reaching out between appointments to find out how everything was going...would always go out of her way to explain different fertility treatments and there success rates. There were a couple times where I felt Dr Zarek had a preference on a type of treatment. I was always able to make the final decision, but sometimes felt a little pressure due to timing or other financial constraints.
The nursing staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were able to answer questions fairly quickly. There were times though when response was slower because they were dealing with other patients...Costs were reasonable when compared to other clinic costs...It is easy to get a hold of someone if you have questions. The front desk will always try to find an answer. There are 2 separate billing for procedures. It can be confusing and resulted in certain procedures being overcharged. I was able to work with front desk to fix billing issues.
2019 - 2020
Dr Zarek would always go out of her way to explain different fertility treatments and there success rates. There were a couple times where I felt Dr Zarek had a preference on a type of treatment. I was always able to make the final decision, but sometimes felt a little pressure due to timing or other financial constraints.
Dr Zarek is a great doctor who will listen to your concerns or questions. Don't be afraid to ask or have your concerns expressed. She will do her best to address them.
I had IUI procedures with Dr Zarek. After miscarriage and negative pregnancy tests, I agreed to moving to IVF. Pre-treatment began with birth control to regulate cycle for IVF. IVF cycle began with taking fertility drugs which I responded well to and resulted in successful egg retrieval. First transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill Price and Casey Dodge)
The nursing staff were able to answer questions fairly quickly. There were times though when response was slower because they were dealing with other patients.
Costs were reasonable when compared to other clinic costs.
Dr Zarek recommended no more than a 2 embryo transfer to improve chances without increasing chances of a multiples pregnancy.

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Zarek does a wonderful job getting to know you. She takes more time visiting with you than any other doctor I have experienced. Asking questions about your life and taking a real, genuine interest in who you are and how you are doing...It was evident from day one she really cares about her patients and their success. She even gives her personal phone number to you so you can text her with any updates or concerns. I also loved how present she was with our care; performing all procedures herself...met with us and told us ALL the possible treatment plans for someone with my diagnosis (Endometriosis and PCOS).
Part of the diagnostic protocol [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was for me to have an SIS done to make sure my tubes were clear. This was when they discovered they were blocked...[nurse] gave us her personal phone number so we could text her with questions or concerns. She worked tirelessly with Dr. Zarek to provide us the best plan. Her plan was then outlined on a detailed calander, which I loved! She also meet with us to discuss next steps after every doctors appointment or IVF ultrasound.
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Zarek is the best doctor I have ever seen! She is warm and inviting. It was evident from day one she really cares about her patients and their success. She even gives her personal phone number to you so you can text her with any updates or concerns. I also loved how present she was with our care; performing all procedures herself. She made us feel so loved!
If you want to really be taken care of by a knowledgeable and caring doctor go see Dr. Zarek. I would recommend her to anymore! I meet people out in the community who have seen her too and they all talk so kindly of her as well!
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Zarek we were coming off of a miscarriage from an IUI procedure with a doctor who took little to no time with us. I was apprehensive to say the least. Day one Dr. Zarek met with us and told us ALL the possible treatment plans for someone with my diagnosis (Endometriosis and PCOS). She then set up a time to begin performing diagnostic testing. This was one of the best parts of her treatment plan. It allowed us to get some real answers before going blindly into expensive and stressful procedures. Part of the diagnostic protocol was for me to have an SIS done to make sure my tubes were clear. This was when they discovered they were blocked. I could have wasted so much time, money, and energy with the last doctor doing IUIs that would have never successfully gotten me pregnant. DR. Zarek saved us from thst struggle. We then began IVF procedures. I am currently pregnant with Twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey )
Casey was wonderful! She too gave us her personal phone number so we could text her with questions or concerns. She worked tirelessly with Dr. Zarek to provide us the best plan. Her plan was then outlined on a detailed calander, which I loved! She also meet with us to discuss next steps after every doctors appointment or IVF ultrasound.
Our clinic was amazing! This people work tirelessly for you, often coming in on weekends to make sure you are getting the care you need when you need it! I also, loved how they knew my name and personally greeted me everytime!
5,000 for IVF meds, 8,000 for IVF procedure and ultrasounds, 1,500 for additional bloodwork.

2019 - 2020
Dr Zarek was extremely personable, friendly, and caring. She was wonderful about answering any and all questions no matter weekdays or weekends. She was thorough in her explanations and talked us through any changes throughout our entire experience there...I moved from oral fertility medications with natural copulation, to injectable fertility medications with IUI treatment. Then Injectable fertility medications With IVF implantation...Sometimes it takes a while to figure out how to adjust treatment to your bodies ongoing struggles.
She [nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was caring and expressive, while being very knowledgeable about the Fertility process...All the staffing was very kind and courteous, while greeting you by name when they saw you walk in. They were extremely helpful and would find the answers in time you need. If it was after clinical hours, the online messaging system was useful and staffing would respond as soon as they were able to...The staff and Dr. was very personable and generous with their time. They were happy to answer any and all questions I had. Even if those questions might have been awkward.
2019 - 2020
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
She was caring and expressive, while being very knowledgeable about the Fertility process.
There was significant financial and time costs, but my insurance payed for a large portion of the entire process and we knew this process would be time consuming when we looked into fertility treatments.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Zarek gave me her personal cell and could be reached day or night with and questions or concerns I had...she was there every step of the way...She made me feel important and truly cared about me and my well being. I just cannot say enough great things about her...I met with her and we both discussed my previous history and then she let me know a plan of action. I love how each and every patient has their own personalized protocol to get the best results and not just one umbrella coverage for everyone... I truley feel like after all we have been through we are now friends. Clinic Nps
From the front receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound tech everyone [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was always so nice to me and greeted me like a friend. I would recommend this office and doctor to anyone struggling with infertility...They are very good at advising you on the benefits and or complications that could happen and talk to you what is best for a successful pregnancy for each individual person...I have no negative things to say about them. The fronts staff are all so kind and caring. The nursing staff is wonderful and the ultrasound techs are very good at what they do.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Zarek has been the best doctor I have had the pleasure to work with. I truley feel like after all we have been through we are now friends. Though all of my infertility struggles she was there every step of the way. I had her cell number and she was always quick to reply to any of my questions or concerns day or night. She made me feel important and truly cared about me and my well being. I just cannot say enough great things about her or her staff. From the front receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound tech everyone was always so nice to me and greeted me like a friend. I would recommend this office and doctor to anyone struggling with infertility.
The clinic as a whole is wonderful. I have no negative things to say about them. The fronts staff are all so kind and caring. The nursing staff is wonderful and the ultrasound techs are very good at what they do.
+ Read more- Read less

The staff at the clinic [Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] is very friendly and helpful. They recognize you when you walk in the door and they treat you like family. Everyone is so supportive and kind. Most of the payments are due up front (IUI and US)...If you have questions or concerns, she [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] is more than happy to answer them. She will put your mind at ease...was very understanding and supportive...My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She recommended 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. I took Letrozole to stimulate ovulation and did the trigger shot 36 hours before the IUIs. Despite doing 5 IUIs, we did not fall pregnant. After our 5th IUI she recommended that we move on to IVF. My husband and I decided we needed to take a break from TTC. Dr. Zarek was very understanding and supportive.
My husband and I adored Dr. Zarek. She diagnosed us with unexplained infertility and recommended IUI. She was so patient in explaining everything to us and answered all of our questions. We felt very comfortable under her care and felt like we were in the best hands. She’s very honest and intelligent and just makes you feel good. She’s the best doctor I have ever encountered!
If you have questions or concerns, she is more than happy to answer them. She will put your mind at ease.
Dr. Zarek is extremely personable and compassionate. She really took the time to get to know me and my husband. She gave us her cell phone number and allowed us to contact her at anytime with questions. She treated us like family and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone!
My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She recommended 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. I took Letrozole to stimulate ovulation and did the trigger shot 36 hours before the IUIs. Despite doing 5 IUIs, we did not fall pregnant. After our 5th IUI she recommended that we move on to IVF. My husband and I decided we needed to take a break from TTC. Dr. Zarek was very understanding and supportive. Three months later we fell pregnant naturally! We just had our first US appointment with Dr. Zarek and everything looked great. We have graduated from the fertility clinic and we’re so sad to be leaving Dr. Zarek.
The staff at the clinic is very friendly and helpful. They recognize you when you walk in the door and they treat you like family. Everyone is so supportive and kind. Most of the payments are due up front (IUI and US).
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Zarek made me feel comfortable within the first few minutes of sitting down with her in her office. She listened to our particular history and where we were at in this process. She made communication with her extremely easy and often reached out to me to see if I had questions... She offered us options our previous doctor had not, by listening to our history of multiple losses instead of writing them off as "just chemical pregnancies." She expressed compassion to where we were at in this process and acknowledged that things had been hard for us. I did not feel rushed out by her as our appointments were coming to an end.
I worked with a couple different nurses [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility]. They were nice and responsive through messaging when I had questions...The clinic was helpful with calling me to let me know a cancelation had occurred and I could come in for my initial consultation weeks earlier. The clinic isn't huge, which I found useful...She [Dr. Zarek] will make you feel at ease and comfortable asking questions, big or small, and for clarification if there is something you are not understanding as far as protocol.
Dr. Zarek really listened to us. She offered us options our previous doctor had not, by listening to our history of multiple losses instead of writing them off as "just chemical pregnancies." She expressed compassion to where we were at in this process and acknowledged that things had been hard for us. I did not feel rushed out by her as our appointments were coming to an end.
She will make you feel at ease and comfortable asking questions, big or small, and for clarification if there is something you are not understanding as far as protocol.
I worked with a couple different nurses. They were nice and responsive through messaging when I had questions.