Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
500 N. Keene Street
Columbia, MO 65201
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility to a friend?

6.8

6.6

3 doctors
Dr. Zarek went above and beyond anything we could have asked for throughout the process. We had a direct number in which she encouraged us to reach out with any questions and also took time to reach out to us as well...took fantastic care of us...so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor...I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husbands sperm was great. I had and abundance of eggs since I do not have a cycle/ovulate on my own. She put me on femara I think I started at 5 mg. The first iui failed. Then the second round of meds my body didn't respond so my dosage was upped to 7.5. After the 2nd failed iui I had a cyst show up with had to be drained. Mh 3rd iui cycle was our lucky cycle! Nurse
Every person I met throughout this process [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits...She [nurse] was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Zarek took fantastic care of us. She reached out to us personally through the achievements and setbacks. We were so blessed to have someone so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
She works to learn about you and your wants as a couple. She really goes above and beyond to know her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
We had Jill for majority of our time there. She was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Every person I met throughout this process was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We froze my husbands sperm since he had good sperm. So I think it was only $20 to unthaw and wash for an iui. Each ultrasound was $370. The ovidrel shot was $100 and I want to say the actual iui was around $385
Shvetha Zarek
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

She [Keller-Tracy] was very friendly and upbeat. Great bedside manner. She took the time to explain everything and answered all of our questions. She even came in on her day off to do my SIS. So far everything has been going well. She set out a good plan of action and was honest with us regarding chances and about our infertility diagnosis...We have mild male factor.
[U of Missouri] Got me scheduled in quickly for our first appointment. Very accommodating and willing to squeeze you in. Not great at explaining my specific insurance claims and what they’re for. Friendly. My husband did complain that when he was giving his sample he could hear everyone laughing and being noisy.
How was your experience with Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
She was very friendly and upbeat. Great bedside manner. She took the time to explain everything and answered all of our questions. She even came in on her day off to do my SIS. So far everything has been going well. She set out a good plan of action and was honest with us regarding chances and about our infertility diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
She explained everything thoroughly but in a way we understood. She was empathetic with our struggle but hopeful for us to get pregnant.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Keller-Tracy used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
We have mild male factor. She recommended 4-6 cycles of IUI, before reevaluating and going to IVF. She said she was very hopeful and that we had really good chances of conceiving within those cycles. My current protocol is 5mg Letrozle CD3-7. I’m currently in my first cycle, 2 days from when period is due. I did not use a trigger shot as she had me confirm ovulation at home using digital OPKs. I was supposed to come in on CD12 for a follicle scan but I got a positive OPK CD9 and had IUI on CD11. I think next cycle I may want to opt for the trigger as testing at home is stressful. No positive HPT yet but will start next cycle with same plan if not successful.
Very nice and experienced
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Keller-Tracy at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Testing alone up until infertility diagnosis was $1,400 after insurance. IUI procedure still in processing with insurance. Letrozole prescription was $3 after insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Rebecca Keller-Tracy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
I saw him[ Dr. Danny Schust] more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
There was a newer front desk person, Vanessa maybe, that didn't seem to have any answers whenever I called to check in [at MO Center for Reproductive Med]. Maybe that has since improved. I preferred to email the nurses directly. They have expanded their providers, which is great, due to the need for this medical experience in the area. They were usually very punctual and the clinic was clean and comfortable.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust got information back to me from lab results/pathology on days that I knew he wasn't even in his office. He spent over an hour with us at our consultation and helped me to understand every test we would be performing due to my recurrent pregnancy losses. He was kind and understanding and he had an answer to every question I had. I've read research papers of his and the man is extremely intelligent. It's pretty amazing to come across that type of intelligence along with a wonderful personality. I can't even imagine working in this field as the common (for good reason) anxiety from patients would be overwhelming to me. I truly hope that Dr. Schust is training doctors and residents in this field so his knowledge is shared and everyone can strive to be as good as he is. I only wish he could be my OB, too, as I was not ready to leave his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Go to him, you won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Schust was not only very intelligent and knew all of the most current research based evidence, but he spent so much time with us on our initial visit and I never felt rushed at any appointment. He drew diagrams, he answered all questions, and he even made it a point to help me feel less guilt over my miscarriages. His calm demeanor and bedside manner were top-notch and I felt like he had a true passion for his job.
Describe the protocols Danny Schust used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I saw him more for RPL than infertility. We did several blood tests, a hysteroscopy, a total of 3 endometrial biopsies and I was treated for 30 days with antibiotics for chronic endometritis. I then took clomid, Started progesterone around day 18 of my cycle (or 3 days after positive ovulation predictor kit), and continued vaginal progesterone for about 12 weeks. I was fortunate enough to become pregnant with twins on the first try. He also stated that the biopsies were similar to endometrial scratching, which was shown to help the chance of pregnancy. Maybe it did.
Christy was awesome, very compassionate and a good communicator. Deanna was an amazing US tech.
There was a newer front desk person, Vanessa maybe, that didn't seem to have any answers whenever I called to check in. Maybe that has since improved. I preferred to email the nurses directly. They have expanded their providers, which is great, due to the need for this medical experience in the area. They were usually very punctual and the clinic was clean and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Costly for testing for RPL ($2000), but this was not a surprise to us.
Danny Schust
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Danny Schust at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful...Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time [at MCRM], Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange....here were a few routine business office matters that were pretty frustrating, including issues with insurance...The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful, even going so far as to say that with our numbers we were looking at at least one and maybe two live births. Needless to say, when I ended up with dramatically fewer eggs (10 not 20), embryos (2) and no live births, I was very disappointed/heartbroken and angry at myself for spending our life savings on something we were lead to believe was a pretty sure thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Take his enthusiasm for your chances of success with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, he is selling a very expensive service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We had specifically requested a later retrieval because my husband has had a demonstrably lower count/quality in the mornings. We had also discussed a Sunday retrieval with Dr. Aubuchon (we saw her for our pre-retrieval appointment instead of Dr. Ahlering because he was busy). After this appointment we were scheduled for the very first 7 am appointment on Saturday. When we called in to ask why and how to get this changed, we were basically told that they could not and would not change it - like it or lump it! - and that they had 70 other patients and were too busy to accommodate our needs... even if we had spent $10000+ in patients to MCRM specifically for the treatment.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I purchased the IVF Gold package. Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time, Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange. Overall, she did a good job before that and the decision to just squeeze us in was not hers. So, although we had a very heated exchange, overall she did an acceptable job.
Overall, MCRM is a marketing machine that is attempting to grow their clinic and attract new patients. They do offer relatively low prices and are interested in using newer technologies to improve success. I do think they believe they are doing good for people, however, it is hard to understand how any clinic can excuse charging such high prices to cash pay patients while giving huge discounts to insuranced patients (through their agreements with the insurance companies) but this is an industry-wide issue not specific to MCRM. Dr. Ahlering is knowledgable and wants a good outcome for his patients. Even so, they are actively building on to their facility with new construction, etc. The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
$10,000 for the Gold package with discounts $3500 for medication $2200 for PGS testing (we ultimately decided not to do this when we only had 2 embryos, we had been told we were likely to have 8+ when we started the process)
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We had two embryos and he was more than happy to transfer two embyros. From what I have heard, he is willing to transfer more embryos if that means a successful pregnancy, regardless of risk of multiples. The clinic seems to have a relatively high number of multiples.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The doctor performed an ultrasound to count my follicles and give me positive affirmations instead of a nurse. He took time to ask questions to make a personal connection and his staff was incredibly knowledgeable...
She [my nurse] was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Not getting to meet the doctor in person was difficult but we trusted him from his reputation. He seemed to care about us and was positive he could help us get pregnant. Once we met in person I was thrilled. He is ridiculously smart but so personal. He was funny and confident. He earned my respect within in 5 minutes and that help ease my stress and panic since this was my first time with IVF.
If you have the financial means go meet him in person first so that you can be at ease. Do your research on his clinic and ground breaking technology he has created. His staff will help you via phone and email.
My husband took the hcg shot twice and I was on Lupron to prevent ovulation. Prenatal vitamins had begun. Birth control was first step the first day I started my cycle again to control my cycle. Then follistim was used to start to grow the follicles. Menopur was taken twice to help with ovarian quality. Hgh was also take twice to help mature the eggs and of course the HCG trigger shot was given 72 hours prior to retrieval. When the doctor did my ultrasound he wanted the follicles to be bigger so he added two more days of follistim. I went to see if the follicles had grown and they had to the perfect range he wanted. He scheduled my egg retrieval on a Sunday. He wanted to wait for 5 day fresh transfer be said he felt like my egg reserve was good and it was our 1st attempt. We transferred two embryos which was a mutual agreement given my age of 33 years old. One embryo stuck and we are now 12 weeks pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
She was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
Nothing too fancy. It's in Chesterfield, MO. He could use a interior designer but unthinking hey are so busy making dreams come true to worry about decor
Around $15k from A to Z Due to our income we didn't qualify for any prescription discounts and our insurance paid zero.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

PCOS, Other
Dr. Zarek really takes the time to explain everything—the procedures, the diagnosis, the process. She made sure that we can reach her at any time—she literally gave us her personal cell #. And also: you can really tell that she actually cares. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a doctor that is this personal! I was nervous going into this journey, but Dr. Zarek really put us at ease!... Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic [MO Ctr for Repro Med & Fertility] is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others....The nursing staff is great. They call to communicate anything that needs communicating, and are kind and compassionate in their care!... We have just begun, but when speaking about the costs, it seemed like the costs were around average.
PCOS, Other
I have had a great experience with Dr. Zarek. 1. She is very knowledgeable—and is truly an educator at heart. She is great at explaining everything in a way that is easy to understand without making you feel stupid. 2. Honest and compassionate —she is very frank, but compassionate about what is going on and I really appreciate that. 3. Personal—I have never had a doctor who is as invested in me as Dr. Zarek. When she gave us her cell # at our first appointment, I was BLOWN AWAY.
If you haven’t set up an appointment...just do it! Dr. Zarek is the best!
We are still in the testing phase.
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk for the health of mom and babies—and transferring multiple only increases your chances by a little bit, statistically. This also gives you the opportunity to save extra embryos for another transfer if the first doesn’t take. We haven’t gotten to that point in treatment, but I tend to agree with her rationale.
Shvetha Zarek
+ Read more- Read less

We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle [with Dr. Ahlering]. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month...This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready...From the start he has made us feel like our best interest is his priority and he wants to help us. He has even called us after hours to set up our appointment.
MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts...MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts...Everyone on the staff has been kind in returning emails the same day and calling as needed as we don't live in Missouri.
This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready. The clinic is half of the past clinic we have worked with and their success rates are much higher. We are very hopeful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you give them all the k formation they need.
We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer A)
We haven't yet visited the clinic as we don't live in Missouri. Everything has been done remotely.

2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test[ing] until we had already failed a couple times.
The nurses [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were very helpful and caring and we're always willing to answer questions...The clinic never told use prices, and I always had to call about test results....The clinic not very good at going over insurance or cost.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We felt like if she had explain all our option and what was best we would have a baby. She just kept send us through the same clomid cycle and iui never mentioned trying any other drugs. It was either try iui with clomid or IVF. She didn't ever recommend sending my husband for test until we had already failed a couple times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Don't go
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
The doctor always seemed rushed and we never felt like we got full and complete answers
Describe the protocols Mira Aubuchon used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
She started me at a low does of clomid and I would track my cycle and then come in for an iui and after each failure I would get my clomid bumped up.
The nurses were very helpful and caring and we're always willing to answer questions
The clinic not very good at going over insurance or cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Each cycle was 500. Blood work if done at the hospital were very expensive so I went elsewhere
Mira Aubuchon
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mira Aubuchon at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.