Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
5920 Saratoga Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
One Lexington Medical Building, 215 East Quincy St
San Antonio, TX 78215
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mitwally Fertility Clinic to a friend?

7.3

1 doctor
2014 - 2018
Dr. Mitwally and his staff [Mitwally Fert Clinic] are definitely the clinic strength. They work flawless together. They care and support you...Aisha was wonderful. She along with the rest of his staff traveled with him between the 3 offices at the time. She was very patient and helpful. If I couldn’t get a hold of Dr. Mitwally, I was always able to get a hold of Aisha... They had a ultrasound machine in all the rooms.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
Dr. Mitwally and his staff are definitely the clinic strength. They work flawless together. They care and support you with your losses and celebrate your milestones with you. Weakness are that Dr. Mitwally does do the egg retrieval or transfers himself. You have to go to the Sher Institute in Dallas. They work very close together so the care is seamless. Dr. Saleh and the embryologists are wonderful. They keep you updated on the status of your growing embryos and let you know the details. The embryologist came out and spoke to me about the procedure when she saw me crying from nerves. She was there for both my transfers and reassured me through the whole process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
He walked in the room, greeting you by name every visit. He was also patient when I had questions. He genuinely cared about me and my husband. He would joke that he would help us get half a dozen children. He took the time to go over the plan and review everything. You never felt rushed, even when you knew there was a waiting room full. He and his staff are absolutely wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Mitwally Fertility Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Aisha)
Aisha was wonderful. She along with the rest of his staff traveled with him between the 3 offices at the time. She was very patient and helpful. If I couldn’t get a hold of Dr. Mitwally, I was always able to get a hold of Aisha. She made you feel welcome and like part of the family. She and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing.
How was your experience with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
He is very smart and knows what he is talking about. He helps you understand the steps and the process. If you ever had questions you could call or text him or his staff directly. Wheather over the phone it in person, he took his time to go over everything with you. He does gave an accent and sometimes he can be hard to understand. He tries to get your body healthy by having to take a variety of supplements (coq 10, vitamin d, alpha lipid acid). After our first egg retrieval and transfer failed, I started to reach what I can do and came across the book, It Starts with the Egg. It went over over the same supplements Mitwally had me and my husband taking. I even asked him about the book. When he learned I was interested in learning more on my own he recommended some other books and even a live webinar hosted by Dr. Sher. I’m so thankful to Dr. Mitwally for my two, heathy boys.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
Be patient and trust him. If your not sure or confused ask. He wants to help you understand the process too not just get you in and out. He really does care.
Describe the protocols Mohamed F Mitwally used in your cycles at Mitwally Fertility Clinic and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval one - I was on birth control for a few weeks then added letrozole and lupron and weaned off the birth control. Continued the Lupron and added menapur and Bravelle. I think I stimed for 10 days and through the stims I had every couple of days monitoring with ultrasound and bloodwork. The birth control was to quite my whole system, the Lupron to keep me from ovulating and the letrozole, menapur and Bravelle to help develop and grow follicles. Sadly, that cycle ended in a failed transfer and no frozen embryos. We transferred the only 2 embryos that made it to day 5. Later I found out that I had used less potent Bravelle that was being recalled. I feel that had something to do with the failure since we retrieved 11 mature eggs and only 4 fertilized and grew but only 2 made it to day 5. We did an IUI cycle in between the first and second retrievals. That was just letrozole and a trigger shot. The second retrieval was similar to the first with birth control, letrozole, lupron but we used follistim, instead of Bravelle and menapur. That retrieval went perfectly. Retrieved 14 mature eggs, 12 fertilized, and 6 made it to day 5. Huge difference in results. 4 embryos were frozen and 2 transferred, one of which implanted and developed and is now my crazy 2 year old. When we were ready to try for number 2, we went back and started seeing Mitwally again. We we planning on an October transfer (worked best with our schedules between week and making travel arrangements). In the meantime we decided to try a cycle with letrozole and trigger shot and bam, baby number 2. We didn’t need to do a frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
Every appointment you had an ultrasound to check for cysts, linning, follicle growth, even baby development just depending on where you were in your cycle/journey. It was part of your appointment. They had a ultrasound machine in all the rooms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
My insurance covered some of the a appointments and ultrasounds. I was responsible for about $150 each appointment. He used a popular fertility pharamacy that had some of the best prices and also offered discounts. I think the medicine for the first egg retrieval was about $3000. The first retrieved was $12,000. The letrozole was about $50 and he had the trigger shots on-site for $100. If you were running low on your medicine doses, you could purchase that as well I think for about $50 to $150 depending on what medicine and doses. The medicine for the second retrieval was about $5000 since we change to the more expensive follistim. The retrieval was $7,000 since the first one fidn’t Work out.
Describe Mohamed F Mitwally's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
We transferred 2 embryos both egg transfers. The second time they were pushing to only transfer one but since we had been trying for 3 years and had a previous failed transfer, we elected to transfer 2 embryos. Dr. Mitwally explained the benefits and risks to us and left it up to us.
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Mitwally has a small staff, several were family members. They were all very kind and compassionate, and I never had any issues with them. They were easy to communicate with, always answered my questions, and in times they needed to ask Mitwally about my treatment, they were able to get with him right away and contacted me asap with answers.... When I was a patient, Dr. Mitwally had offices in multiple towns in south Texas. Each one was very simple and plain, he always travelled with his own staff so faces were always familiar!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
When I was a patient, Dr. Mitwally had offices in multiple towns in south Texas. Each one was very simple and plain, he always travelled with his own staff so faces were always familiar! He also performed the ultrasounds himself with their own equipment, I only had to go a separate lab for bloodwork, otherwise all other procedures were done in his office.
Dr. Mitwally always remembered my name and circumstances, he even remembered small conversation details from previous appointments. Anytime I had a question or issue, the staff was quick to inform Mitwally and he would personally call me back, and several times he would even call me after hours with test results.
What specific things went wrong at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
How was your experience with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
Dr. Mitwally was very caring with my treatment, however I do feel he was vert “set” on one course of treatment, which ultimately did not work for me. His bedside manner was very warm and his staff was always kind as well.
Ask alot of questions and question every bit of treatment, including vitamins. Request bloodwork if you suspect a problem, this is YOUR body and you must always be your #1 advocate.
Dr. Mitwally diagnosed me with PCOS and promptly prescribed metformin to help with the pcos symptoms & ovulation. Ultrasounds were performed on day 7, 14, and I believe 21st of each medicated cycle. Typically on the 7th day ultrasound he would discuss how many follicles i had developing and whether IUI would be a good option that month. Iui’s were scheduled between days 12-15 and an ultrasound would occur beforehand, then an HCG injection and the IUI insemination afterwards. He also did bloodwork throughout the cycle to test progesterone. I never became pregnant anytime during treatment with Dr. Mitwally. Although he had a list of reccomended vitamins and supplements for his patients, I felt as if the treatment protocol wasn’t truly tailored to my specific needs & issues.
The cost of IUI through Mitwally was $475 if I am remembering correctly. Injections were $50

PCOS, Other, Unexplained
It was truly a one man show. Dr. Mitwhally traveled to Corpus with his receptionist (his wife), and one nurse. They each saw me at every single visit for nearly 2 years.... My insurance seemed to cover most of the procedures. The insemantion cycle was roughly $400 each time... He’s one man show. Each time he came to Corpus it was 3 members of his team, so you knew you were going to know your process. It was nice not having to explain what you’ve done or the questions you had all over again each time.
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Mitwally Fertility Clinic.
Dr. Mitwhally got to know my husband and I and we got to know him and his wife. He remembered small details of our lives that we shared. Was always a phone call away. I never felt rushed in my appointments and felt like he took his time with us.
How was your experience with Mohamed F Mitwally at Mitwally Fertility Clinic?
Dr. Mitwhally was very personable. I always saw him at every visit. He conducted most of the tests on his own and was extremely involved in the process. He took his time with us and always tried to make us feel like we would be successful with our treatments.
Do your research. Don’t be afraid to ask around and asks the questions however difficult they maybe. Trust your own instinct! Dr. Mitwhally was great, but there were times in our treatments that i felt like he “tried” something too many times. I had to push him a few times and ask for things I wanted to get done. It was a long and tiresome process.
Mitwhally place my husband and I on a whole lot of vitamins from the start. And he started me on Metphormin 500 mg 3X daily. I was diagnosed with PCOS and one of his first concerns was thinking out my lining. It felted like months of medication. Each time I’d go he’d say, “I just don’t like your lining” and prescribe more medication help shed it. After many months of attempting with medication I started to do some research of my own and finally asked for a D&C.... I felt like he waited too long to get the process going. He recommended I find an OBGYN to commit and conduct it.
Corpus Christi